Keeper's Quest

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Keeper's Quest

Post by Deathwings on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:22 pm

First, calm her down. Can't do business if she is having a nervous breakdown after all.

Second, ask her about ways to get raw materials on the cheap, we're looking for both steel and silver right now. We also have an interest in guns. Not to buy, or at least not right now, but we're curious about their technological level compared to those of our own world and their availability.

Third, ask her how many teleportation charm she'll need for the gang. Do warn her that we're still in the process of outfitting our own troops with them right now, so we won't be able to get them to her immediately.

Fourth, does she have a map of the Skid Row area that also include the rough location of the local Keepers position that you could buy ? You can never have enough maps after all.

And finally fifth, wound down buy talking with her about our view on slavery. Specifically, you don't mind peoples who willingly sell themselves because they crave social security and don't have the stones to strike out on their own. It is their choice after all. What you do mind however is forced slavery which you find an abhorrent system that you would happily see burn. The ability to self-determinate and freedom are two sacred rights for your homeworld. And while we're on the subject, those xenophobic assholes on the surface, with their feudal system and serfs ? By your homeworld standard that's still slavery, so that hate apply to them too.
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:40 pm

[X] Asked about that gun... (because I couldn't fit it into this post)
[X] Asked some questions about their beliefs, such as slavery
[X] Arrange to meet periodically to discuss events and make plans
[X] Go shopping. We need:
- [X] Arms and armor for our goblins, or materials for them to make same
- [X] Silver, to make weapons and implements for werewolf hunitng
- [X] Clothes, food & other mundane supplies for our staff

We're already pushing the limit on how solicitous we can act without seeming dangerously soft, so let her pull herself back together on her own. But we'll try not to give her any more big shocks until she does.

Meanwhile, the players have planning to do. It sounds to me like gradually taking out the other Keepers in the area and taking over the town would be a viable mid-term goal. Anyone else think this is worth looking into?

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:12 pm

“I am the spirit of a Keeper long past,
"Where are the spirits of a Keeper present and future, then?" Seth interrupted him, prompting a blank look from the ghost.

"What do you mean?"

"Sorry, cultural reference from my homeworld."

More seriously, though:

[x] Tried to calm her down. No need for her to be so on edge! Everyone’s a friend here!
[x] Asked some questions about their beliefs, such as:
- [x] Slavery
- [x] Drugs
[x] Asked about that gun... (because I couldn't fit it into this post)
[x] Told them to arrange some things for him
- [x] He needed iron
- [x] He needed silver
- [x] He needed Teleportation charms, if they could get them or the necessary materials discreetly
---[x] In fact, is there a way to get all of the above discreetly? Or at least in a manner that doesn't immediately scream "Keeper/Overlord/WhateverTitle arming up!" to people in the town?

Two things we should think about;
First, our own stance on the topics we ask them about. My thoughts;
Slavery - don't like it at all, but not immediately going on a crusade against it. Willing to try and find other/better accomodations for slaves depending on their background. Will make an exception against truly vile individuals like Jevrin.
Drugs - minor stuff like alcohol, weed, cigarettes and the like are fine off-duty and we don't mind trading/smuggling/whatever. Harder stuff, especially things that massively impair performance or create a dependency, are a big no-no in both use and trade/sale while in our employ.

I'm thinking whether it might be possible to create some kind of maskirova that will keep our involvement secret from the other Keepers for as long as possible. For example, stage a few "skirmishes" between our Goblins and the Mongrel's muscle and spread the word about them. Not enough to make the other gangs believe in weakness/distraction to be exploited, but enough that buying some more iron could be explained as "arming up", stealing silver as part of an effort to deal with their increased expenses, and additional gold or items as "loot" from the goblins they "fighting".
Basically, try to keep things on the low until we're ready to strike out decisively.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:45 pm

On moral issues:

Slavery - I think Deathwings had a good idea on this one (we hate involuntary servitude, but if someone wants to sell themselves that's their call.) That should play well with the Underworlders and it will actually work reasonably well on this world, but it lets Seth preserve the most important part of his instinctive anti-slavery stance.

Drugs - Anything that would interfere with your performance when you're on duty we come down on hard. Other than that, we don't care. We've got more important things to worry about that what intoxicants our minions like.

On other issues, I like the old-fashioned tribalism Seth was leaning towards in the last post. We move heaven and earth to take care of our own people as long as they remain loyal, and unlike most historical tribes we'll happily take in new members when the opportunity arises. But the flip side is we don't think twice about doing horrible things to our enemies, and we can be as ruthless as the situation requires.

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:58 pm

In regards to drugs I'm mostly concerned about the possibility of physical or mental dependencies that could develop in some of our minions or subordinates, and then be exploited by our enemies. Which is also the reason why I don't want to trade in them, as it would increase the risk/possibility of that happening, in my opinion.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:16 pm

1: Calm her down
2:Ask about the gun
3: Began to ponder the eventual takeover of Skid-Row's criminal underworld, installing Nati as a proxy manager of it, and renaming the resultant organization The Guild of Calamitous Intent. Because.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Kelenas wrote:In regards to drugs I'm mostly concerned about the possibility of physical or mental dependencies that could develop in some of our minions or subordinates, and then be exploited by our enemies. Which is also the reason why I don't want to trade in them, as it would increase the risk/possibility of that happening, in my opinion.

No argument there, as long as we keep it in perspective. If that have magical heroine or something we'd want to stay away from it, but if they have stuff like tobacco (i.e. highly addictive but the actual effects are mild) it probably isn't worth worrying about.

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:00 pm

That's pretty much what I meant in the first place:
Kelenas wrote:Drugs - minor stuff like alcohol, weed, cigarettes and the like are fine off-duty and we don't mind trading/smuggling/whatever. Harder stuff, especially things that massively impair performance or create a dependency, are a big no-no in both use and trade/sale while in our employ.
So we'Re in agreement there.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Yeah, I agree with that stance on drug use/smuggling. Sure the stuff usually generate tons of money, but we're a Keeper, even for a starting one that's just chump change. That fact allow us much more flexibility when it come to a moral vs money argument.
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Smuggling?

This is the underworld. That shit's solid in public view.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Honestly trying to impose his morality on them with regards to drugs or whatever is a quick way to get told where to go - they don't need keeper support that badly; they can survive without it.

Being told what they can and can't do beyond what has already been established isn't going to fly.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Godogma wrote:Honestly trying to impose his morality on them with regards to drugs or whatever is a quick way to get told where to go - they don't need keeper support that badly; they can survive without it.

Being told what they can and can't do beyond what has already been established isn't going to fly.
It's not a case of "You can't do that", it's a case of "I really hate that so if you REALLY want to deal in this, do try to imply me in it as little as you possibly can".
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:36 pm

It's a case of the stupids.

We also don't know what Seth's morals towards smoking or drinking or anything else are - and after reading his background it's a wonder he's not a stoner or addicted to something. 90% of the kids I knew who took drama in high school were either stoners or worse.

Also, trying to act as a moral compass for a GANG is just ... stupid. They do what they have to in order to survive with the options they have. You're trying to apply the 21st century version of puritanism on them; it w-o-n'-t work.

Why would they advertise they have Keeper support in the first place, half the usefulness is having that to fall back on - what the enemy doesn't know they can't use against you.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Smuggling?

This is the underworld. That shit's solid in public view.
"Smuggling". Ie, getting it where some people might not want it to, perhaps because it undercuts an established monopole, or because the local bigshot hates the smell of it, or whatever. Kinda like the arrangement that one of the rival gangs has with the river-controlling Keeper.
Godogma wrote:Honestly trying to impose his morality on them with regards to drugs or whatever is a quick way to get told where to go - they don't need keeper support that badly; they can survive without it.

Considering that so far there doesn't seem to be anything indicating that the Mongrels are involved in either slave or drug trade, I don't see any problem with stating our position on either issue. Frankly, considering their composition and Nati's past, I doubt they would even want to have anything to do with either, so it might actually help foster some understanding.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:51 pm

Godogma wrote:It's a case of the stupids.

We also don't know what Seth's morals towards smoking or drinking or anything else are - and after reading his background it's a wonder he's not a stoner or addicted to something. 90% of the kids I knew who took drama in high school were either stoners or worse.

Also, trying to act as a moral compass for a GANG is just ... stupid. They do what they have to in order to survive with the options they have. You're trying to apply the 21st century version of puritanism on them; it w-o-n'-t work.

Why would they advertise they have Keeper support in the first place, half the usefulness is having that to fall back on - what the enemy doesn't know they can't use against you.
Dude, will you calm down, please?

First off; Seth's morals are what we make them. If we say Seth spent most of his time in the drama club smoking weed, shooting heroin up his veins and counting the blue-spicy elephants from LSD, then that's what he did. If we say he stayed clean, doesn't smoke and only rarely drinks, then that's what he did. Simple as that.

Secondly, we're not trying to act as a moral compass or tell anyone what to do. We're listening to what their opinion on those two subjects - drugs and slavery - are, and state our own in return. Hopefully we'll be in agreement with them, otherwise there's bound to be friction that we're going to have to work around in some way. But unless I'm radically off in my assessment, it shouldn't be any problem.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Frankly, it wasn't written as establishing Seth's character - it was written like a set of orders you expected people to follow.

So excuse me for finding it moronic to try and force 21st century morality on people when you're in a world where slavery, drugs, murder, thievery and general anarchy are the watch words and standing points of their ENTIRE culture.

I have no problem with sounding out Nati's stance on things or Seth's stance on things; it's the trying to impose them part that's stupid and doesn't make any sense.

Scroll up and read how some of those posts come across and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Kel, we agreed to back them up, and bank roll them, in return for services rendered and loyalty. We didn't become they're boss, and if we try to act like it, I think we'll end up with knife in the back. I'm not saying we can't set some ground rules in order to preserve our interests, but telling them straight off the bat what they can and can not do, isn't likely to go over well with them at all.

bzzt3421

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Godogma wrote:Frankly, it wasn't written as establishing Seth's character - it was written like a set of orders you expected people to follow.

So excuse me for finding it moronic to try and force 21st century morality on people when you're in a world where slavery, drugs, murder, thievery and general anarchy are the watch words and standing points of their ENTIRE culture.

I have no problem with sounding out Nati's stance on things or Seth's stance on things; it's the trying to impose them part that's stupid and doesn't make any sense.

Scroll up and read how some of those posts come across and you'll see what I'm talking about.
If they decide work as our subordinates or minions, then they *are* orders, yes. That's the bit about us being, y'know, a Keeper.
The Mongrels are allies, so they're not bound to the same degree as our minions are, though, but it certainly can't hurt to clear things in that regard in advance.

And excuse me if I find it moronic to believe that Seth would just suddenly abandon any and all of the cultural values and norms *he* is used to from pretty much all of his life. And that's without taking into account that forbidding his minions/subordinates from doing hardcore drugs is every bit as practical as it is moral, if not moreso. Druggies and junkies make for shitty personnel in the vast majority of cases.

Also, the entire point of Underworld culture is that the only rule is that the Strong make the rules. If we decide that slave trade will be forbidden in our territory, then it *is* forbidden, unless someone stronger appears and kicks our ass. Same with drugs, or whatever else.

Again, though, considering the impression I got, I seriously doubt that either hardcore drugs or slave trade are going to be a problem in our dealings with the Mongrels. We already know that they're not particularly fond of slavers, being a favorite target and all that, and considering her past I doubt Nati likes drug or those who use them, either.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:31 pm

I'll throw this is as a warning.

Nobody in the Underworld likes rules. The second you start making them is people will start looking to kill you over them. This is doubly true about "enforced ethics".

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:39 pm

My point exactly.

Seth can enforce his rules on his minions - that's not an issue; he's their BOSS. Trying to enforce some sort of morality on a GANG is stupid even in real life where they can't throw fireballs or do any number of other magical things to wreck your day.

Seth has to adapt; he can't force the world to adapt to him and he's likely not stupid enough to think he can in the first place.

The simple fact is that he's small fry in a big underworld and lots of other folks can eat him for breakfast and still have room for a dozen eggs and six rashers of bacon on the side.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I'll throw this is as a warning.

Nobody in the Underworld likes rules. The second you start making them is people will start looking to kill you over them. This is doubly true about "enforced ethics".
I am aware. I was trying to underline the difference between "actually trying to make/enforce rules for non-subordinates/minions to follow", and "stating our stance on things/issues".

The point I'm trying to make, though - and apparently everyone seems to miss - is that I seriously doubt we - or Seth, for that matter - would want to have drug-addled junkies working under him/us, considering that they're generally heavily impaired in their performance and present a rather severe security risk.

Slavery is more complex/complicated, but I likewise doubt either we as the players or Seth as a character are much in favor of it.

Those I see as the rules Seth set for himself, whether out of ethical or practical reasons (or most likely both).

Dealing in drugs is a Bad Idea(tm) because junkies, as I already said several times, make for shitty personnel and increased security risks, while the ease of access to the goods increases the chances that some of our subordinates/minions will want to "try out the merchandise". Hence why I think we should avoid entanglement in drug-trade as much as possible. That doesn't mean we're going to walk around and force every junkie we come across to go cold turkey at swordpoint.

Likewise, I really can't see Seth wanting to engage in slave-trade considering his experiences with Jevrin. And again likewise, this does not mean we are going to immediately go on a crusade against all slaver-guilds on the planet by ourselves.

To put it incredibly simply, there is a difference between saying "I hate the colour blue" and "I hate the colour blue and I expect everyone else to do the same". Maybe people can understand that now, please, so I won't have to explain it again?
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Perhaps you could not couch things in terms of orders when you're talking about how to deal with a contact who isn't working for us then and instead couch your ideas as to Seth's morals as just that.

Like I said, read through how a LOT of those posts earlier came across and keep in mind all the reader has to go on is what is actually stated. We have no access to tone or any body language to get impressions from - frankly it read a lot like orders you expected Nati and her gang to follow.

Having junkies as personnel wasn't the point - and I quite agree that having them as personnel would be a bad thing; and if it comes up that one of the minions screws something up because he's fucked up on some sort of drug sacrifice him to the Dark Gods to make the point that it's not allowed.

~~~~

But keep in mind, we're not talking to a MINION or an Employee - we're talking to a tentative ally at BEST.

So thus; sounding her out is appropriate, making deals is appropriate, trying to set terms is very inappropriate.

Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:12 pm

"Okay, so these things (slavery/drugs) are things I don't really like. I don't care if you partake in it, you're not my employees after all, but try not to bring it up in conversation, yeah ? Likewise, if there's something you don't like, do tell, that way I won't blunder my way into the subject by accident."

That approach sound better to you ?
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Sure.

But I'd like to actually deal with issues that were broached earlier like getting supplies and all that good stuff that will actually help than start a morals conversation with her to start with.

Do you people honestly talk to people on the street/in a bar after you just met them about whether or not they do drugs or whatnot? Especially when you have vastly more important things to talk about?
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:29 pm

That's why I put the whole slavery thing as the last item of my own list, back at the top of this page. The intent was to talk business first and then finish up with some idle talk that touched on the slavery/drug issues. How does that sound ?
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Much better, I figure this conversation is going to take more than one post to finish myself - and keeping the idle musings and questions on drugs and slavery until last or until they become necessary topics to be much better than the other options.

Business first, any moral questions a distant second.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Personally I wasn't planning to start a big conversation on morals with Nati, I just thought we should clarify what attitude Seth intends to take on such things so PsyckoSama will know how to write his reactions if it comes up. Considering how seedy this place is, I'm sure at least some of the gangs are deeply involved in slavery and drug trading of multiple sorts.

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:04 pm

Honestly, I see purchasing slaves at the slave market a chance at giving them a better life as well as a good investment especially if they have skills that are necessary for the progression of Seth's dungeon.

Frankly, a dwarf like Ysmir would be a godsend even if she was very expensive to purchase. The tactical implications of having dwarven steel equipment instead of whatever Giblit can cobble together for the minions are very far reaching.

I'm not for drugs nor am I for slavery, but slavery is a tactically sound option. You can always purchase your help and after binding them to the Dungeon Heart as minions allow them to work off their purchase price as indentured servants/minions.

I doubt it would take too long for dwarven smith to work off the purchase price and in that time period you could arrange things so they actually want to stick around.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:55 am

Reply tomorrow.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:31 am

Seth sighed as he looked at the beautiful, human looking half-elven woman before him. He’d given her a good scare with his... well... gross display of power. Enough that she was still looking at him with extreme unease.

“You can calm down now,” he said in a friendly voice.

“Sorry, but that was a bit of a shock,” she replied, “Listen, I get what you were doing. Let me get comfortable, let me get cocky, then give me a good shock, but damn” she said with a glare, “It’s a bitch to be on the receiving end of.”

“And what would you have done had I been seriously contemplating dealing with you violently,” he asked, “Be honest.”

“I’d have shot you,” she replied frankly,” Better to go down fighting.”

“Fair enough,” he said with a smile, “And what if you had managed to kill my body?”

“I’d have knocked Tesha out, bolted for a portal, and tried to torture her enough to break your bond before you recovered enough to chase us down...”

Tesha frowned. “Real loving sister...”

“You’d have gotten over it.”

Tesha simply stuck her tongue out.

“So about that gun,” he asked, pointing to the pistol she dropped, “How does it work?”

She raised an eyebrow, and picked it up, “They don’t have firearms in your world?”

“Oh, we do,” he replied, “But we don’t make ‘em like that anymore.”

“Lost technology?” She asked

“Old technology,” he replied, “We’re a bit like the dwarves where I’m from. Not much magic, but good with machines.”

“Then how did you get here?” Tesha asked, glancing over. “I’ve heard the Dwarves can do some pretty scary stuff with thier machines, but portals are a bit beyond them.”

“Magitech,” Seth replied, “I was friends with some...” he paused to think of a term they’d understand, “Gadgeteers in my... academy... as well as some...” he thought again, “Shamanistic witches. Introduced my friends, they came up with the idea of trying to combine ritual magic and a particle accelerator to create an Einstein-Rosen Bridge...”

“A what?”

“A wormhole,” he replied.

“Again, a what?”

“A rift through time and space that would allow for faster-than-light travel.”

“Faster than light?” Nati mouthed.

“Does light even have a speed?” Tesha added.

“Yes,” Seth replied, “About 160 thousand miles per hour.”

“Why would you want to go faster than light?” Nati asked, a bit confused.

Seth had spent an inordinate amount of time around hot goths and drama chicks, and was a Gamer Geek primarily, but one could only hang out with engineering students who worshiped ‘The Shat’ and had a shrine dedicated to Miguel Alcubierre without sharing in the depths of their nerdom. Sure, he didn’t own Jedi robes, though at times he’d considered it and every time he saw a Real FX lightsaber his wallet started to ache with longing, and he’d swear to his dying day that he’d only bought those Spock Ears so he could LARP as an elf should the opportunity ever arise, but he was still a he was a scifi nerd who knew more than most about at least the generalities of space travel and advanced physics.

As such, it was only by force of will that he resisted the urge to geek out and let slip the existence of the space program. It would be giving away too much, and he doubted that they’d want to hear his KSP stories.

Thus it was, with a heavy heart, that Seth replied, “Just forget about it for now.”

“Alright,” Nati replied with a shrug. “You brought it up.”

“So about that gun...”

She nodded, “Well, this is pretty much your standard flintlock pistol. Just pull back the hammer and shoot.”

She pulled back the hammer and pointed it at a plank of wood hanging on the far wall. Taking a moment to steady herself she closed one eye and fired, scoring a perfect bullseye. “Just like that. You want to give it a go?”

“Don’t you have to reload?” he asked.

“No,” She replied, “Not manually. It’s enchanted to create its own powder and ball. As long as the enchantment holds, you just have to wait for the spell to work.”

He nodded. “How long does it take for it to work?”

She paused, “This one? Second, maybe two. Some of the better pistols can pretty much be fired as fast as you can cock the hammer, but I don’t have the gold for that.”

“So what do you do when the enchantment gives out?” he asked.

“Well, you can either wait for the charge to build back up from the ambient magic in the air, which takes a damned long time, or you just pour some powdered manastone down the muzzle.”

He nodded. “How many shots do you get?”

“On this one? Maybe a half-dozen shots. Like I said, It’s a cheap gun.”

“You don’t know for sure?”

She shook her head. “No. All depends on the quality of the Manastone and how much you use. This stuff can be pretty variable in its purity if you don’t buy Alchemy grade, and even then it still ain’t cheap.”

Seth nodded, considering that. “Thanks. So. Can I ask you a couple questions about your gang’s beliefs?”

Nati glanced up for a moment then nodded. “What do you want to know.”

Seth looked behind him and saw the bartender calmly wiping a mug behind him before turning back to her. “Well first, and I know this might be a sensitive issue for you, but what’s your stance on hard drugs?”

“We don’t have a problem with drugs,” she replied, “Junkies on the other hand are fucking pathetic. They fuck up the lives of everyone around them, just like my worthless whore of a mother. You can take whatever the hell you want, but we don’t want anybody fucked up while on the job.”

Seth nodded. “Logical. How about Slavery?”

“What about it?” she asked, “Now we don’t like people trying to kidnap hard workin’ underfolk to throw in chains, sell their kids for a quick silver, and slave breeding is fucking degenerate,” she paused, “Basically the more it makes that Jevrin guy you mugged hard, the less we like it.”

“How about kidnaping surface folk?”

“We have no problem with stealing other peoples slaves, or enslaving our enemies,” she replied. “Why?”

“Wait,” he said. He could understand enslaving your enemies. Technically he was doing just that with Jevrin, but “Surface folk aren’t slaves,” he replied.

“The hell they aren’t!” she exclaimed. “They live their stupid, pointless little lives doing what they’re told by master, following his rules, obeying his commands, giving him all their damned god’s money, and anyone who disagrees with their oh so self-righteous little cartel and tries to take their due is labeled a bandit and hung. At least down here we have the common courtesy to be honest about it.”

Tesha hugged, “Yeah.It’s not our fault if they’re too ignorant and stupid to see the collars sitting around their necks.”

Nati nodded, “Too much sun must fry the brain or something.”

“Anyways... next topic... I need you to do a job for me.”

Nati nodded. “Right. Down to business, what do you need?”

“Silver and Iron,” he replied, “Maybe later I’ll send you a list of useful sundries. I’d like to keep my presence in the area somewhat understated until I’ve fully established myself as a force to be reckoned with.”

“So you want us to be your personal shoppers?” she asked. “You know we’re going to need a cut, right?”

“Of course,” he replied, “I’ll make it worth your while. That was never in question.”

“Good, so what exactly do you need?” she asked. “But understand large orders will be hard to pick up... it’ll be a bitch to ship it back to your Dungeon.”

“Imps,” Seth replied, “I just need to be in the room,” he clarified, “I can teleport my imps and minions to myself at ease. As long as an Imp can pick it up I just need to teleport them back.”

“We’ll that simplifies things. Though we’ll need to make special arrangements for larger orders,” Nati paused, “So how much do you need?”

“I could use several tons of iron to start,” he said, “I have a small army of goblins to equip after all.”

“That’ll take some doing... not because its hard and expensive, but because with that much iron people ask questions. We’ll need to come up with a good excuse and some coin for bribes.”

“How long?”

“Maybe a week?” she guessed, “Give or take? I don’t normally deal in covert iron dealings so I can’t tell you for sure.”

“Fair enough. Next I need silver.”

“How much?”

“Enough to plate enough weapons to hurt some werewolves and make a set of chains.”

She thought for a moment, “My best guess would be to melt down silver coins and use them. Most people don’t deal in gold for small transactions.” she grinned, “I could have that to you by the time you leave. Just give us a grand and I’ll have some of our boys and girls rush out to the various shops and get change.”

“What exchange rate would I be looking at?” he asked with a small scowl.

“Not good,” she admitted with a smirk, “But you don’t have to lift a finger and you’ll get it by the end of the day.”

Seth decided to think about that one, and moved onto the other. “I’ll also need several hundred charms that I can bind some of my power to. Considering I’m going to be giving one to each of my goblins, and gremlins once they join up, as well as your gang, and my desire to stockpile spares... I’ll want a lot of them.”

She winced. “That’s a heavy order. We’ll need a couple warlocks going full tilt with no other jobs for weeks to get you all of those. It’s not going to be cheap... and that’s without the bribes to keep them quiet.”

Seth didn’t like the sound of that. “You know anyone friendlier who might work for less?”

She scoffed, “That is using everyone who’s friendly and knows how to keep their mouths shut! Those kinds of charms, not many people need them.” she paused, “Fuck, if you don’t want to set off alarms it might even be better to go to one of the big cities.”

Seth would have to think about it. They were necessary but at the time time, the quantity made them difficult.

“Well, besides that I’ll have Araleth compile a list... she’s my...”

“Favorate pet,” Tesha provided.

Seth glared at her. “Anyways, I’ll have her make a list of everyday items and send it over.”

“Having a slave administrate your dungeon?” Nati asked with a peeked eyebrow. “You like to live dangerously.”

“I offered her her freedom,” Seth stated, “She politely declined. Besides. I like to delegate.” he snorted, “Hell, if... when... I end up taking over this Burg I’ll probably end up having you, or whoever actually runs this gang, managing the place for me.”

Both Nati and Tesha looked at him in some shock.

“You serious?” Tesha said incredulously.

“Of course,” he replied, “I hate micromanagement. What’s the point of taking over the world if you have to do all your own damned paperwork?”

Nati went agape. “You are serious...”

“Yeah,” he replied, “How would that sound, being Lady Nati, Ruler of Skid Row... sure, I’d need to bind you as a minion to put that much trust in you, but as long as you pan out and everything goes to plan... I’m rising to the top and if you make it worth my while, I’ll let you ride my coattails all the way up.”

Nati smirked. He smile was predatory.

“Okay, I’ll do my best to keep you happy,“ she said with a smooth, almost purring tone.

She paused, and then added, “But I’m still not going to fuck you.”

Tesha nodded, and stage whispered into his ear, “She has ‘issues’. She doesn’t want to be like mom...”

“Shut the fuck up, Brat,” Nati hissed, obvious enraged by her statement.

“Hey, I’m just explaining to the boss why...”

“Shut the fuck up, brat,” Seth repeated. “Your sister doesn’t have to explain shit. If she doesn’t want to fuck me, she doesn’t have to fuck me. I think it’s pretty fucking critical to my self-esteem that I don’t have to own a girl,” he held up a finger, “Pay her”, he held up a second, “Or have leverage over her,” he held up a third, “For her to have sex with me,” he swept his hand down in a chopping motion. “It’s simple as that. Am I clear?”

“So,” Tesha thought, “You don’t want to fuck my sister?”

“Of course I want to fuck your...!” He exclaimed before catching himself, and slowly looking at the woman in question. “Ah... I...” he sighed, “Nati, you’re a stunningly beautiful woman, but the simple fact is I’m not going to make you do anything you don’t want. You might think that’s silly, but that’s just the way it is.”

Tesha smirked and...

“Another goddamned word out of you and I’m going to give you that spanking that Mentor suggested...”

Tesha’s jaw snapped shut with an audible clop.

“Bare assed...”

Tesha winced.

“In front of everyone...”

Tesha grimaced.

“And I’ll let Gnarl do it!”

“I’ll be good!” she exclaimed.

The silence was awkward and momentary as Nati began to chuckle, “Well, it’s nice to be appreciated. A little weird, but cute... still...” she began to laugh, “I haven’t see her back away from a spanking so fast since she was little...”

“That’s because she knows I’m not kidding,” Seth replied, “I really would let that gnarly old goblin spank her...”

At that she just laughed then took a deep breath, “Please don’t. I’d have to hear her whine about it until the end of time.”

Seth did a small bow. “Okay. I won’t spank your sister, because you asked so politely.”

She smiled. “Thank you for having mercy on my loud mouthed idiot kid sister...”

“Oh you’re very welcome, Nati...”

They both laughed while Tesha pouted. “You’re both mean!”

“Shut up, brat!”

With the good humor out of the way, Seth decided to...

[ ] Arrange their next meeting
- [ ] Maybe ask her out on a date?
[ ] Make a decision about the Iron
- [ ] Maybe try and steal it instead of buying it
[ ] Make a decision about the silver.
[ ] Make a decision about the chams
- [ ] Maybe try and find a way to use the buy to set the other keeper’s at each other’s throats?
[ ] Get Tesha that new Non-detection ring
- [ ] And make it clear there are no hard feelings.
[ ] Hit up the slave market and see if there’s anything useful.
[ ] Ask about the bartender
[ ] Write in

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top