Keeper's Quest

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Keeper's Quest

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:21 am

Mana is a renewable resource and he can conjure gold - so converting to silver doesn't hurt anything... Also that deals with one hassle... I'd buy the iron, have other people working on converting the silver...

And if she has enough information, have Nati try and find a way to set the other Keepers on each other with the charms. We do need them for at least the most important of our minions soon - for the others as we can get them. Having the other keepers distract each other would be a bonus.

Make an arrangement for the next meeting so he can continue to develop his relationship with Nati; best to actually get to know her before working on dating her... Razz Hell, ask about the bartender while you're at it, getting on his good side couldn't hurt either.

After those things are handled I'd get Tesha the ring and make it clear there are no hard feelings before hitting up the slave market...

Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:08 am

[ ] Make a decision about the silver. - tell our new contractors to go for it. It's a quick job, but and important one, and it gives Nati a chance to fuck us over. Let's give her the rope and see if she hangs herself, and if she doesn't that'll mean we can start thinking long-term and include the gang as an actual part of those plans.
[ ] Get Tesha that new Non-detection ring
- [ ] And make it clear there are no hard feelings.
[ ] Hit up the slave market and see if there’s anything useful. - even if we don't end up picking up any useful new additions to our entourage, this place is where everyone does their shopping. So to speak. We need information. It will have information. The question is going to be, how we're going to get it.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:21 am

[ ] Make a decision about the Iron, Silver and Charms
- [ ] Maybe try and find a way to acquire them in a way to set the other Keepers or Gangs at each other’s throats?

If we can pull off a maskirova like this, it would have the added benefit of getting us the stuff we need for (almost) free, while also weakening our enemies as they're beating each other's faces in.

My current idea for this would be to acquire the Charms reasonably openly, so that it's obvious that a Keeper's outfitting a large number of new subordinates, then hit a few of the merchants running through Sidrian's territory who're transporting iron or - if possible - silver, using our goblins, making obvious use of Keeper-powers, and make it look like one of the other two Keepers is trying to pull a false flag operation against the other. That should create a nice, beautiful clusterfuck, with Sidrian attacking Nelfina and Devot, and Nelfina and Devot attacking each other as well as defending against Sidrian.

Probably could use more information about the Keeper's forces, and possibly their gangs, though, to work out the details.

[ ] Arrange their next meeting
[ ] Get Tesha that new Non-detection ring
- [ ] And make it clear there are no hard feelings.

I'm tempted to ask about the Barkeeper, since I doubt Psycko would've brought him up if he wasn't important somehow, but don't really know what to ask.

Slave-market is another "dunno". We don't need any menial labor (Imps), and any skilled slaves are apparently expensive as hell (IIRC Psycko mentioned something about ~25k Gold each of the now-dead slavegirls would have been worth), which would make payment difficult.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:03 am

We have the resources of a Keeper - I don't know if we hit gems yet but I believe our treasury isn't hurting. The reason those slaves were worth so much was likely because they were personality wiped and had been rebuilt.

Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:14 am

Actually, we recently had to step up our gold-mining because the new main dungeon we're constructing will cost a pretty penny to set up.

The problem is also not the money as such, but the logistics. Even if a slave only costs ~5k gold or less, that's still a fairly significant amount. Imagine having to carry 5 thousand 1-dollar coins, or 1-euro coins around. There's probably other possibilities like gems or the like, but still not exactly easy.

And for skilled slaves, I expect to pay a fairly significant amount, which would also draw attention to the fact that we're not without fairly significant means, while we're supposed to lay low, so... yeah. I'd rather put this off until later.

Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:20 am

My thoughts are thus...

Have Nati's folks go buy the charms available on the market in either Nelfina's or Devot's sort of disguises... Then follow the plan of having the goblins wearing said amulets and maybe whatever sort of disguise we can get them (to make them seem like the appropriate troops if possible) steal from Sidrian's stuff to get iron and silver...

(As well as converting some silver if that's plausible depending on how much of that material we'll be able to steal).

Using the smoke screen of the stolen materials we should try and get other iron as well - the silver is likely more stealable in the quantities we need so we'll have to buy some... 100s of goblins are going to take a lot of iron to outfit.

While also having her warlocks she mentioned make more of the amulets - because we do need more.

Though we do need more info before we make definite plans there - so more details about the enemy keepers and their gangs...

And getting Tesha the ring and making sure she knows there's no hard feelings is also there, but we should finish our business in the tavern first.

Which seques into the slave market where we should at least look and see if we can find a dwarf like Ysmir while we case the place and look for more information on the other keepers if we can acquire it reasonably safely without detection or the like.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:22 am

Kelenas wrote:Actually, we recently had to step up our gold-mining because the new main dungeon we're constructing will cost a pretty penny to set up.

The problem is also not the money as such, but the logistics. Even if a slave only costs ~5k gold or less, that's still a fairly significant amount. Imagine having to carry 5 thousand 1-dollar coins, or 1-euro coins around. There's probably other possibilities like gems or the like, but still not exactly easy.

And for skilled slaves, I expect to pay a fairly significant amount, which would also draw attention to the fact that we're not without fairly significant means, while we're supposed to lay low, so... yeah. I'd rather put this off until later.

What logistics? We can use the hand of the keeper thing to pull gold out of nowhere or conjure it if necessary. But we can easily do the purchase through intermediaries we can trust... Hell we could have Tesha put on her disguise from earlier and act like she's buying the person for the dark elven guy. I'm sure regular people also have higher denomination coins than 1gp also.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:30 am

Godogma wrote:What logistics? We can use the hand of the keeper thing to pull gold out of nowhere or conjure it if necessary. But we can easily do the purchase through intermediaries we can trust... Hell we could have Tesha put on her disguise from earlier and act like she's buying the person for the dark elven guy. I'm sure regular people also have higher denomination coins than 1gp also.
Conjuring/summoning the gold out of nowhere screams "Keeper" to pretty much everyone and their mother, though. Remember how Seth made extremely sure no one else could see how he conjured the gold in front of Nati.
As for pretending to buy them for Jevrin, it could *perhaps* work, but it'd also raise the question why, considering he should be more in the selling-business.

Last but not least; why the hell should we buy the slaves, instead of stealing them as part of our plan to fan hostilities between the Keepers higher? Make it look like Sidrian attacked the slave-holds as retribution for the attacks on his traderoutes, and we can get the slaves for free.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 am

Point. But we need more info before we pull that one off. Also we need to know if one that suits our needs is even there.

I'd rather know if a dwarf like Ysmir was available early instead of late though - takes much less iron and coal to make armor and weapons once instead of doing it once and then reforging them to dwarf standards from goblin standards.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:48 am

I'm not against some window-shopping (so to speak). We can tack it on towards the end of our visit, before returning home.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:53 am

I'm not that hot about going to the slave market for any reason but recon for Kelenas idea of stealing the slaves. Actually buying raid victims is out of the question as far as I am concerned. Stealing them is okay tough.
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 pm

By the way, the description of Nati's gun makes it sound like the ball and gunpowder are magically created each time she wants to fire, which from what I understand takes a whole lot of magic.
Could it be adapted, instead, to *summon* the ammunition from somewhere? Increase fire-rate that way because the enchantment doesn't have to "recover" as often, perhaps?

Also, after looking through things again, I'm wondering if perhaps the Barkeeper isn't the real boss of the gang.
Seth nodded, considering that. “Thanks. So. Can I ask you a couple questions about your gang’s beliefs?”

Nati glanced up for a moment then nodded. “What do you want to know.”

Seth looked behind him and saw the bartender calmly wiping a mug behind him before turning back to her. “Well first, and I know this might be a sensitive issue for you, but what’s your stance on hard drugs?”
This segment made it look like Nati was more or less getting instructions or consent from the barkeeper to answer Seth's questions. And if I remember the previous post correctly as well, then the Barkeeper was also the one who took in Nati and Tesha when they ran away from their mother.
So, there's a possibility that he's the "real" or "main" boss of the gang, and Nati more of a public face. At least he might be an important advisor.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Or he could be the Retired Old Boss, and Nati's the New, Still Learning Boss.
Or he could just be the Dependable Barkeep.

Order of Importance on my vote.

[x] Make a decision about the Iron
- [x] Maybe try and steal it instead of buying it
[x] Make a decision about the silver.
[x] Make a decision about the chams
- [x] Maybe try and find a way to use the buy to set the other keeper’s at each other’s throats?
[x]Ask about the Three Keepers. Their race, their minion preference, their standard operating method, their personality, their relationship with one another.
[x] Arrange their next meeting

[x] Get Tesha that new Non-detection ring
- [x] And make it clear there are no hard feelings.
[x] Hit up the slave market and see if there’s anything useful.

Last edited by bzzt3421 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

bzzt3421

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Stealing them strikes me as a way to make permanent enemies for temporary gain. We should get Mentor's advice on this stuff.

Robotninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Robotninja wrote:Stealing them strikes me as a way to make permanent enemies for temporary gain. We should get Mentor's advice on this stuff.
If you mean the slaves, we would be focusing our attention on the ones from the gangs and Keepers in and around Skid Row. Since we'll want to take them out at some point anyway, making enemies of them doesn't really matter, especially if we do it in a matter that implicates their rivals while we remain hidden.

Oh, and throw in
[x] Talk to the Barkeeper when Nati and Tesha are otherwise busy.
for my vote. I'd just like to see whether my suspicion is correct.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Lets not pick fights until we know the enemy resources somewhat. Know the enemy and know yourself, after all.

Robotninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Robotninja wrote:Lets not pick fights until we know the enemy resources somewhat. Know the enemy and know yourself, after all.
The entire point of our current ideas and plans is to make a profit for ourselves in a way that will make our enemies fight amongst themselves, not fight against us. I somewhat doubt that slave-stealing would be much different from, say, stealing iron or silver in that regard.

That said, I'm not necessarily in favor of stealing slaves myself, at least not now, due to the logistics involved. Unless the slave(s) in question is/are incredibly valuable due to specific skills, the logistical headaches of caring for them are probably too much at this point.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:06 pm

I just edited my first post in this thread for use as an index, to make things easier for everyone when/if they want to catch up on past events in-game.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Deathwings wrote:I'm not that hot about going to the slave market for any reason but recon for Kelenas idea of stealing the slaves. Actually buying raid victims is out of the question as far as I am concerned. Stealing them is okay tough.

So you'd rather they were left to whatever grisly fate awaits them in the Underworld and would rather not get the information that undoubtedly goes through there because you're squeamish?

Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:54 pm

I like Kelenas' idea about doing our acquisitions in a way that fans animosity between the local Keepers, but that would imply keeping our own existence secret for now. If odd things start happening just as a new Keeper appears every idiot will know to blame us.

So, quick vote. Do we want to:
1) Pick a set of actions that keeps our existence secret, and try to get the local Keepers fighting each other so we can pick up the pieces.
2) Concentrate on getting our own operations set up, and leave the other Keepers alone for now.

I'm in favor of 1, because given the way the Underworld seems to work it's probably the safer. The other Keepers will start plotting against us the moment they find out we exist, so we may as well get in the first blow. Also, it gives us an enemy to perpetrate AoIs against that Seth will have no compunctions about.

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:57 pm

We've already planned out a set of actions that kept our existence secret and set it up to where it ought to get the local keeper's fighting.

Of course we need Nati's input on it, as she's the local expert - with her help we can likely refine the plan further.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Oh! And a question for Psyckosama - does the minion bond allow Telepathy between the Keeper and minion? If so I'd like to run the plan by Gnarl and the Mentor as well as our blind seer... Or do we know a telepathy spell?

If not I'd like to bring them in on the planning via teleportation before we make a final decision since the more brains we have the better this plan ought to work because they might catch things we miss.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Godogma wrote:Oh! And a question for Psyckosama - does the minion bond allow Telepathy between the Keeper and minion? If so I'd like to run the plan by Gnarl and the Mentor as well as our blind seer...
It does; Hedwig - our Dark Mistress - contacted us this way when Jevrin manipulated her to affect his escape.

In regards to Serena, though, we should be careful. Asking for her personal opinion or input is alright, but with her Seer-powers we have to be careful when we use them. Already bit us in the arse once because we'd used them on completely inane stuff.

I think the best solution would be to use Gnarl and/or Mentor as a "filter", so to speak. Run any plans by them first, then ask Serena to use her powers only if they agree that, yes, it'd probably be better to make sure or otherwise get input on that.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Well, that was the idea Razz that's why I mentioned their name's first in the list.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Godogma wrote:We've already planned out a set of actions that kept our existence secret and set it up to where it ought to get the local keeper's fighting.

Of course we need Nati's input on it, as she's the local expert - with her help we can likely refine the plan further.

We don't currently have a plan at all, just a couple of conflicting suggestions. If we want to try the 'get them fighting each other' idea we actually need to be serious about not dong anything that might clue them in there's a new player in town. That means no purchases of anything big enough to attract notice, no obvious changes to how Nati's gang operates, no buying charms in town, etc. It would seriously restrict what we can do for as long as it takes to get the fighting started, which is why I think we need to agree on whether to do it or not before we start picking action lists.

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Kelenas and I are trying to expand a plan we've been working on since this morning - not sure how we're making conflicting suggestions?
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:50 pm

ShaperV wrote:
Godogma wrote:We've already planned out a set of actions that kept our existence secret and set it up to where it ought to get the local keeper's fighting.

We don't currently have a plan at all, just a couple of conflicting suggestions. If we want to try the 'get them fighting each other' idea we actually need to be serious about not dong anything that might clue them in there's a new player in town. That means no purchases of anything big enough to attract notice, no obvious changes to how Nati's gang operates, no buying charms in town, etc. It would seriously restrict what we can do for as long as it takes to get the fighting started, which is why I think we need to agree on whether to do it or not before we start picking action lists.
The current idea, I think, is to use buying Charms as a means to start sowing mistrust between the gangs/Keepers, by making it look like one of the other Keepers is gearing up to increase his forces.

That said, you're probably right that we should sit down and collect all ideas into a whole. I think we can all agree on this, though:

Personally, I would also like to talk with the Bartender, preferably without Tesha or Nati nearby. See if my suspicion about him being the real boss, or perhaps the former boss and/or a highly placed advisor are correct.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Should set up the silver/gold change thing before we arrange the next meeting, seeing as how Nati said it could be done by then. It will leave a mark, but I don't quite think anyone will pay that much attention to it.

bzzt3421

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Kelenas wrote:
That said, you're probably right that we should sit down and collect all ideas into a whole. I think we can all agree on this, though:

That all looks good to me.

Kelenas wrote:Personally, I would also like to talk with the Bartender, preferably without Tesha or Nati nearby. See if my suspicion about him being the real boss, or perhaps the former boss and/or a highly placed advisor are correct.

That, or just ask her about it upfront - she's certainly given enough clues. I'm not sure which approach is best, so we should probably leave that as a 'Seth uses his people skills to decide' judgement call.

bzzt3421 wrote:Should set up the silver/gold change thing before we arrange the next meeting, seeing as how Nati said it could be done by then. It will leave a mark, but I don't quite think anyone will pay that much attention to it.

Agreed. We don't need all that much silver, so if it's done right the money-changing shouldn't draw any attention.

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrnage on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Carrnage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top