Keeper's Quest

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Keeper's Quest

Post by Kelenas on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Something that just occurred to me is when or how Tesha told her sister about us. Chances are it's something inane, like us allowing our minions to use the Portal to visit Skid Row, which Tesha then used to send or drop off a message, but if it's something more I'd be curious.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Alright, let's do this.

First, I agree with Kelenas that this should remain at about the same level of "darkness", tough I wouldn't object to you cutting lose now that you don't have the gestapo looking over everything you write anymore. No lemon or anything but you should be able to be more, hah, explicit now I think.

Now for actions :

-I think telling her our story right now is a bad idea while she is completely free of our influence.
-Telling her about the dungeon and her sister situation however I agree with.
-I would also like to ask her the reason why she needed a spy into Jevrin's little operation.

And finally, I'm really, really glad to see this quest being continued. Very Happy
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm happy to continue it and am quite pleased to see you here. Remember to subscribe to the thread so you don't miss anything. We also have a chat box so please join in.

And I mentioned my standards of clean earlier in the thread which I think most reasonable people would find to be a reasonable standard. I want this to turn into a lemon even less than you would and as I'm the one writing, well, I think that's all that needs to be said.

You bring up some good points so I'm going to give you guys some time to discuss before posting up a reply.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Deathwings wrote:Alright, let's do this.

First, I agree with Kelenas that this should remain at about the same level of "darkness", tough I wouldn't object to you cutting lose now that you don't have the gestapo looking over everything you write anymore. No lemon or anything but you should be able to be more, hah, explicit now I think.

Now for actions :

-I think telling her our story right now is a bad idea while she is completely free of our influence.
-Telling her about the dungeon and her sister situation however I agree with.
-I would also like to ask her the reason why she needed a spy into Jevrin's little operation.

And finally, I'm really, really glad to see this quest being continued. Very Happy
Great to have you aboard!

Telling her our story, would mostly depend on what it entails, in my opinion. If this only means things that happened since our arrival here, then I don't really see the harm telling her. She already should have gotten most of it from Tesha, and our lack of experience is fairly self-evident overall.
On the other hand, telling her about our homeworld might be too much, as it could give her too much insights into our mentality. Completely shutting her down, however, also doesn't strike me as the best solution.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:03 pm

So... how can we best consolidate our ideas? Basically, some kind of exchange of information where we give out a bit, get a bit from her in return, back and forth? Maybe with a limit that we don't tell her anything about our homeworld?
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Kelenas wrote:So... how can we best consolidate our ideas? Basically, some kind of exchange of information where we give out a bit, get a bit from her in return, back and forth? Maybe with a limit that we don't tell her anything about our homeworld?

I agree on not telling her anything about our homeworld. We could use that fact to/for maximum drama/comedy value. You know, catch people off guard.

ReinZero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Well, thinking about it, maybe telling her we're not from this Universe could be done, but it would mostly depend on what the general feeling about Outsiders like us is in general. Is there a stigma attached to it or something ? If not, I guess we could at least tell her that. It would certainly explain any...strange thing we say or do.

Just don't give any details about it. Imply that our world is really different but let her wonder just how much, make her curious.
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm

So... roughly:

[x] Tell her our story since we arrived here, including us not being from this world, but omit details about our homeworld. Also, try to not make it completely one-sided, but try to get Nati to provide some information of her own, such as why she was spying on Jevrin, and perhaps some general information about herself, Tesha and Skid Row.

Does that work?

@Deathwing: There's already a number of characters who know that we're from a different world, and so far the reactions have been fairly ambivalent, though they might've given us a certain amount of leeway (roughly; "Huh, well that explains some things."), and Nati would hear about it from Tesha sooner or later anyway.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Mostly, yeah. Admittedly, I could see the inhabitant of the Underworld being a lot less judging about it (disregarding the fact that this label us as an easy mark early on, like Gnarl implied) since they're an hardcore meritocracy. The Overworld, now, being much more xenophobic, I could see an harsher reaction from. But then we're a Dungeon Keeper, so their reaction to THAT take precedent.

But yeah, I agree with :

[x] Tell her our story since we arrived here, including us not being from this world, but omit details about our homeworld. Also, try to not make it completely one-sided, but try to get Nati to provide some information of her own, such as why she was spying on Jevrin, and perhaps some general information about herself, Tesha and Skid Row.

Just don't push too hard on their personal informations, women need their secrets after all. Wink
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 pm

ReinZero wrote:I'd say to do a bit of give & take. Explain, get info, and so such. Fair and all while not being a total pushover about it. Not explain everything all at once. Just at least for the first bit or so then transition into full explanation first before hearing the rest? *shrugs*

Agreed. She's being relatively friendly, so sharing a little information might let us make an ally. But at the same time we don't want to just let her interrogate us - it makes us look weak, and we don't owe her answers anyway. So give some answers, ask some of the obvious questions, show some backbone without being arrogant about it, that kind of thing.

As an aside, we've gotten several comments now about the presence of a lot of inept, small-time DKs in the area. One of them might make a good target for our first military operation once we're ready for that kind of thing.

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:39 pm

ShaperV wrote:
ReinZero wrote:I'd say to do a bit of give & take. Explain, get info, and so such. Fair and all while not being a total pushover about it. Not explain everything all at once. Just at least for the first bit or so then transition into full explanation first before hearing the rest? *shrugs*

Agreed. She's being relatively friendly, so sharing a little information might let us make an ally. But at the same time we don't want to just let her interrogate us - it makes us look weak, and we don't owe her answers anyway. So give some answers, ask some of the obvious questions, show some backbone without being arrogant about it, that kind of thing.

As an aside, we've gotten several comments now about the presence of a lot of inept, small-time DKs in the area. One of them might make a good target for our first military operation once we're ready for that kind of thing.

Welcome, ShaperV! Remember to watch the thread and join the chat box! Very Happy

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:46 pm

The reason I want to tell her is so we can hint about all sorts of various OCP stuff we know. Any infobroker knows the value of unique info that nobody else has.

Robotninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:48 pm

[] SING HER THE SONG OF OUR PEOPLE (use Keeper magicks to manifest bongoes) - a sorrowful tale of a minion's quest for love and acceptance in a cruel, unforgiving world that only wants to eat it. Or slap it around.

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. ^^
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeitgeist on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:21 am

Rieverre wrote:[] SING HER THE SONG OF OUR PEOPLE (use Keeper magicks to manifest bongoes) - a sorrowful tale of a minion's quest for love and acceptance in a cruel, unforgiving world that only wants to eat it. Or slap it around.

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. ^^

Unlimited Bullshit Works!

Zeitgeist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:58 am

Somehow, I don't quite think that's going to impress her much. Rolling Eyes

Mind you the look on their face would hilarious.

[x]Full story, but don't just give it away. It may not be obvious, but this is an interview. This is the local queen bee, spy mistress, femme fatale, etc, etc, and unless we want to come off as the weak willed, bend over backward Keeper, we need to combine strength, confidence, and competence in our approach.

Trust and loyalty don't come easy in the Underworld. Telling her the whole truth isn't going to result in her trusting us, it's going to end with her thinking we're small time. We need to play the game here, and do it well, otherwise we're going to end up a piece on her board instead of a player.

Last edited by bzzt3421 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total

bzzt3421

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:01 am

I agree; as she's essentially the information broker/queen bee who isn't involved with the gangs we need to prove competence and that we don't come across as the moronic keeper who's too free with information and bends over backwards. So, a nice question and answer trading session that might result in the full story. Or as full a story as we could give without offering everything and making her think we're utter fools that should be taken to the cleaners.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:28 am

Seth thought for a moment how to respond. Did he tell her everything, or next to nothing? How much did she already know, and how did Tesha send her the information anyways?

Slowly a smile came to his face. Yeah. He knew what he’d tell them, but first, he’d jerk them around a bit.

“Very well,” he said with a flourish. “But I shall require a set of Bongos!”

Nati blinked. Then, she blinked again. “What.”

“Bongos. You know, small drums, attached in the center by a piece of wood to make them more manageable?”

“Y-yeah! I know what bongos are,” she replied, looking somewhat dumbfounded. “Why do you need bongos?”

“For I shall sing you the song of my people!” he said with a dramatic intensity that would have had the girls in his acting classes clapping.

Slowly Nati looked over to her sister in what could best be described as apologetic horror. Obviously she thought that her kid sister had somehow got herself bonded to a maniac.

Tesha’s look wasn’t quite as shocked, more confused,

“Boss? What the hell?”

He couldn’t help himself and began laughing. “Oh, you should have seen the look on your face.”

Nati blinked and then shot him a glare and crossed her arms, an ugly scowl marring her otherwise lovely features “Real cute...”

Tesha simply grinned, “That look on your face was great! Good one, boss!”

Seth nodded. “Thank you, thank you... now, Nati, if you think I’m damned fool enough to just out and tell you my story then you’re sadly mistaken. How about you answer me a couple questions first and we can do some tit for tat?”

“Fine,” she said, “What do you want to know?”

“Now, I do want you to know that I could simply order Tesha to spill her guts and I’m pretty sure she’d be obliged to tell me if not everything I wanted to know, then certainly enough to know quite a bit about you and your basic operations. So I don’t think it’s in either of our interest to dance around each other and try and look cute.”

She sighed. “Alright then, you make your fair point. So what do you want to know?”

“First,” he began, “How did she tell you what you know.”

Nati simply reached reached under the table and withdrew a neatly folded letter.

Seth sighed .”Of course. The letter...” he glared at Tesha again. “And why aren’t a I punishing you?”

“Because if you harm a pretty little hair on her pretty little head I’ll make sure every secret on this paper becomes public knowledge both above and below the surface,” Nati hissed out.

Seth peeked an eyebrow. “Well, it was a rhetorical question intended to put her on edge, though it does inform me that my little minion here is quite the piece of collateral...”

Tesha paled and Nati gritted her teeth, “You son of a...”

“I’m not finished,” Seth raised his hand, “But I believe it would be far more beneficial to have you as a willing ally rather than simply use coercion to secure your cooperation,” his eyes leveled with hers, “And to be frank, I have standards. Using hostages is pretty stupid. Mutually beneficial cooperation is more sustainable and less stressful all around.”

“And what keeps you from harming her for some other idiotic reason?” Nati asked.

“A wise man once said, that if one must choose, it was better to be feared than loved, but in the same breath he claimed that it was best to aspire for both while avoiding hatred,” he paused, “Love and hate are both very powerful forces that can drive people to go beyond their normal limitations. I want my servants passions to be ignited for my benefit, and for me to do so, it means I want them to be happy. Not just content, but truly happy and pleased that they’re working for a Keeper who actually cares about their well being. Random and excessive punishment for minor failures and insults both real and imagined are poor for moral,” he smiled, “Now, I’ve answered much. Your turn. Why did you send your sister to spy on Jevrin?”

“Dark Elves,” she sighed, “ Dark Elves love half-breed slaves. They see it as a chance to have much of the benefit and prestige of an elf-slave with the fringe benefit of not holding and of the social taboos.”

Seth blinked. “Social Taboos?”

Tesha looked over. “You didn’t wonder how your eager little pet was able to survive being owned by a Gods Damned Mind Fucker for the best part of a century with only some self-esteem problems?”

Seth frowned, “Actually, I kinda did.”

“If he’d even thought about breaking her,” Nati said slowly, “He would have been thrown screaming into a sacrificial pit”

“Ah. Dark Elf Uber Alles,” Seth replied, “And I guess a half-elf is elf enough to be valuable but human enough that no one cares what the hell you do to them?”

She nodded. “Exactly.”

“Then that begs the question...” Seth began. “Why in the hell would you send your little sister, who you obviously love, into that that kind of snake pit?”

“I volunteered,” Tesha replied, “Sis was against it, but I look just like mom. These fake ears are magical. Only I can take them off and they look completely real.” She paused, “I can past almost perfectly as a full blood elf...” she bit her lip, ”Well, mostly at least. Normally once they get a good long look, they can tell I have a bit human in me, but since I’m playing a low rent and not trying to pass myself off as a noble or anything... it’s not enough to matter. They just think I’m low class gutter trash with unsure lineage, which is elf enough for most. Someone you’d never invite to a fancy dress party, rather than something that would look good in a leash.”

“Ah,” Seth thought out loud. “But still, why?”

“Look around you,” Nati said in a low, calm voice. “And tell me what you see?”

Seth did. The place was rough but well maintained, cheap but with a rather sedate clientele who seemed to be happy just to get some peace. Which was pretty odd considering the number of half-orcs.

And half-elves.

And a distinct lack of any humans, elves, orcs, or what seemed to be full bloods of any other race... but lots of crossbreeds.

“You’re all half-bloods,” he said in realization.

“Half-bloods,” Nati snorted, “So polite. Most just call us the Mongrels.”

“I could all but hear the capitalization on that last word,” Seth replied, “That your gang? The Mongrels?”

She nodded, “Yep. They call us mongels so we turned it into a badge of honor,” She waited for a moment then added, “You see, us half-breeds always get the short end of the stick. There’s nowhere of our own that we can really fit in, so we have to make one. A lot of us settle on the periphery, some even try and made a go at the surface. So as you can guess an accredited Slaver, especially one who specializes in breaking wills, settle down around in the area put us on edge. We needed to keep an eye on him, so...”

Tesha shrugged, “There you go.”

Seth nodded, “Then I guess you owe me one for taking him out.”

“Don’t get us wrong,” Nati replied, “You did us a favor but you did it for entirely your own reasons, so don’t expect us to hop behind you like a doe eyed bunch of potential minions awed by your radiant power,” she paused, “And no sexual favors either... but you did do us a good turn, and that’s half the reason I’m willing to talk to you all civil like.”

“I see,” Seth replied, “Fair enough. So, what’s your story?”

She shook her head, “No. Your turn.”

He nodded “Okay, what do you want to know?”

“You really from another world?”

He nodded, “Yeah. Magi-tech experiment went wrong and I ended getting dumped onto of an inactive Dungeon Heart of all things. Maybe something drew me in,” Like the portal stone, he thought but didn’t say, “Or maybe I just got lucky, but that’s where I ended up and one little ritual later you’re looking at the Underworld’s newest wanna be Dark Lord,” he paused, “I have a blind seeress backing me up so you know I’m not totally hopeless.”

“Along with a full fucking tribe of goblins, a Maiden and her brood, the slaver’s dungeon, and a tribe of Gremlins who were interested enough to send some scouts,” Nati added.

“Correct.”

“Yeah. That... ain’t bad.” she replied, but from her town he could tell that she thought it was a little better than not bad, “But I’ve got to ask, why the Goblin advisers?”

“He’s been around, and while he’s crazy he’s not stupid-crazy,” Seth paused, “Let me put it another way. He’s a goblin warlock.”

She grimaced and glanced at her sister who shrugged.

“So, what are your plans?”

“Oh no,” he wagged his finger. “Your turn. What’s your story?”

Nati and Tesha looked at each other. IT was a long awkward silence, and Tesha slowly turned to her Keeper and said, “Boss, please don’t make us...”

Seth sighed slightly. It was obvious he was dredging up some harsh memories here. “Listen, if its really that bad I...”

“No,” the sister snapped, “It’s alright. There’s no shame. You want to know our background, surface boy, fine. Just remember, there’s worse out there,” she snorted, “Maybe we’ll get lucky and you’re still holding onto enough of your goodie goodie surface morals...”

Laughing at what seemed to be her own joke, Nati began, “Our mother was a Dark Elf, a fucking junkie who lived for her next dash of Deepwart and to hell with everything else. She made her living on her back, spreading her legs for anything with coin and a cock. Both our fathers were human, obviously. She claimed mine was some giant ass northman, which is where I got my looks and my eyes. Tesh on the other hand, she was probably sired by some skinny, pretty boy bastard who had money to burn. Anyways, our lives sucked, but we managed.“

Nati sneered,

Then one day she brought some pick home, which she normally never did. Usually she kept it to the taverns. Bitch said it was my turn to start helping the ‘rent’. I said fuck that, I didn’t want to be a fucking worthless whore like my mother, so I shaked the bastard. Slit his goddamned throat, and then I cold cocked the bitch. Looted the body, took everything of value, and left with Tesha. Like a moron, I jumped in the first portal I could find and ended up popping out here in Skid.”

She looked over to the middle aged Half-Orc barkeeper. “Ended up in the tunnels, picking pockets and cutting purses until Gellor overthere found us and let us crash in the basement and introduced me to the gang.”

He grimaced. “How old were you?”

“I was twelve, Tesha was three.”

“I’m sorry, I...”

“Save your fucking pity, surface boy,” she snapped, “I don’t need it.”

Seth’s eyes narrowed. “Do not mistake pity for sympathy. I’m not pathetic, I’m impressed. You survived something no one should have to go through... but do remember that I’m not an idiot. I might not be from your world, but I am no fool, and I’m a Dungeon Keeper so even if you don’t respect the man, respect his ability to roast you like a chicken.”

“Um. Yeah fair enough.” She sighed, “Thanks I guess, but I wouldn’t change it. I made me strong, taught me how to survive. Better that than ending up some thug’s trophy cocksheeth...”

She looked up and Seth turned his head to find the Bartender walking over with a large bowl of what looked to be steaming slimy brown lumps, three knifes, and three smaller bowls. He gently placed them on the center of the table, and after spending a moment whispering in Nati’s ear, left. He eyes widened somewhat for a moment, but she nodded to him and sighed.

Tesha simply snagged one of the bowls and started picking out some of the brown lumps.

“What are they?” Seth asked.

“Boiled Rocknuts!” she exclaimed, “I love these things!”

She scored the nut with the knife and then bit it open with her teeth before sucking out the contents. “Mmmm... love it!”

She grinned at him. “Try it boss.”

Slowly, and reluctantly, Seth reached for one and scored the moist, leathery surface, imitating Tesha.

It was actually rather good. Reminded him of the boiled peanuts he ate when he visited the Deep South when he was younger. Pretty good.

“So,” Nati asked, eating some of her own boiled bar snacks, “Any plans you’re willing to share?”

“Nothing beyond what your sister’s probably told you,” Seth replied “Just looking to set myself up comfortably, mug the local wolf queen, do some dirty deeds, and generally see where it goes from there.”

“Ever consider sponsoring a gang?” she asked.

“What?” Seth replied. “Okay, you’re going to have to run this by me again. I what?”

“All three of the major gangs either have mild levels of support from one of Keepers to the south, or are part of a larger syndicate” she explained, “We don’t have that kind of sponsorship so we’re pretty much a footnote.” she sighed, “Sure, we’re not as big or well established as the other gangs, but we’ve got the kind of loyalty they don’t. The kind of loyalty that you claim you value.”

Taking a breath, she continued, “You need someone to look after your end in town. We need someone to give us the kind of backup we need to establish ourselves as something besides a street gang run by a bunch of worthless half-breeds. You said you like mutually beneficial agreements, well, here’s our offer for one. What do you say?”

[ ] No, I think not.
[ ] Sounds Fair. You got a Deal.
[ ] How about you work for me directly instead?
- [ ] But as a counter offer, how would you like to run this town?
[ ] I need to know more about your operations and your rivals.
[ ] Write in.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:40 am

[ ] I need to know more about your operations and your rivals if I'm going to even consider that.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:55 am

[ ] Sounds like a fair deal, but I need to know more about your operations - a general outline will suffice - and your rivals, and what kind of support you'll need or expect.

Money/Gold is probably one part, but I could also see stuff like mutual exchange of information, or offering the use of our facilities for training or the like.

Last edited by Kelenas on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:35 am

[x]Okay, sorry, I'm being wracked by paranoia right now because things are going much better far faster then I though it would. This is a pretty good deal, very good even, but still mostly an outline right now. I need to know just how much support you expect from me and you can offer yourself. Likewise, I would like to know the full extant of your operation and what to expect from your rivals.
-[x]I can personally provide you with money, food (as long as you don't mind chicken), training facilities and maybe even backup if you think you have what it take to keep a bunch of goblins under control. What do you got in exchange ?
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:20 am

Deathwings wrote:[x]Okay, sorry, I'm being wracked by paranoia right now because things are going much better far faster then I though it would. This is a pretty good deal, very good even, but still mostly an outline right now. I need to know just how much support you expect from me and you can offer yourself. Likewise, I would like to know the full extant of your operation and what to expect from your rivals.
-[x]I can personally provide you with money, food (as long as you don't mind chicken), training facilities and maybe even backup if you think you have what it take to keep a bunch of goblins under control. What do you got in exchange ?
I'm pretty sure immediately asking for the full extend of her operations is a bit much. Same with immediately jumping in and starting to offer things she might not even want or need. Trust needs to be built *slowly* and if we come on too strong it might hurt our image.

She has an advantage over us in terms of information, but it's more in that she could sell said information to potential enemies, while we have her sister as a potential hostage, even if Seth told her that he wouldn't want to use her that way. If we now come on too strongly, especially in demanding information about her operations, it might put her on the defensive, which sounds like a bad idea.

Note that I don't disagree with what you intend to offer, since that's pretty much what we have available, but again; too much too quickly might put her on the defensive or make her suspicious, like we might be trying to take over her operations.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:51 am

True. How about rephrasing it as :

"I could offer you a variety of thing beside money, but I need a clearer idea of what it is that your gang deal into first, for there are some practice that I find distasteful myself, such as slavery. Social holdups from my home-plane, you see. I'm guessing you practice protection racket and smuggling but what else ?"

That sound better ?
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:59 am

Welp, we *are* currently planning to have Jevrin gender-bent, mind-broken and then sold off as a slave, so we might be seen as sending a somewhat mixed message, there, if we state our distate for it now.

Honestly? Let's not sweat the details too much. I think the basis we can all agree on is that we are interested in sponsoring her and basically forming an alliance, but need to know more details before we can fully commit. Sound about right to you?
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:06 am

Kelenas wrote:Welp, we *are* currently planning to have Jevrin gender-bent, mind-broken and then sold off as a slave, so we might be seen as sending a somewhat mixed message, there, if we state our distate for it now.

Honestly? Let's not sweat the details too much. I think the basis we can all agree on is that we are interested in sponsoring her and basically forming an alliance, but need to know more details before we can fully commit. Sound about right to you?
Right. Well, we should just make sure that our stance on slavery ("I'm willing to use it but I don't like it so I avoid it when possible") is know at least.
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:19 am

Deathwings wrote:
Kelenas wrote:Welp, we *are* currently planning to have Jevrin gender-bent, mind-broken and then sold off as a slave, so we might be seen as sending a somewhat mixed message, there, if we state our distate for it now.

Right. Well, we should just make sure that our stance on slavery ("I'm willing to use it but I don't like it so I avoid it when possible") is know at least.
No issue with that. Or make clear that what we're doing to Jevrin is more us punishing him for being an all-around douchebag than us intending to be involved in slavery or the like.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:36 am

That can only get us brownies points from them considering that, as halfbreed, they're all slavery fodder.
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:48 am

Deathwings wrote:That can only get us brownies points from them considering that, as halfbreed, they're all slavery fodder.
Possible, yeah. Then again they might not care all that much about slavers one way or another unless they're targeted by them.

@Psyckosama: Did we ever get into the habit of converting Mana from the Dungeon Heart that we didn't use into Gold? Especially before going to bed, so our reserves could re-fill over the course of the day?

It's something we might want to consider, so we're not completely dependant on mining our gold.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 pm

[X] Sounds like a fair deal, but I need to know more about your operations - a general outline will suffice - and your rivals, and what kind of support you'll need or expect.
Ironforge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 pm

It takes more than a day for a dungeon heart to fill

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:57 pm

[x] I need to know more about your operations and your rivals if I'm going to even consider that.

bzzt3421

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top