Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeper's Quest

+18
Militia Productions
mithril-blade
Wing101
Silver Sun 17
EagleBlue
Carrnage
Godogma
bzzt3421
Zeitgeist
Rieverre
ShaperV
Deathwings
Robotninja
Brian Boru
ReinZero
Ironforge
Kelenas
Psyckosama
22 posters

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next

Go down

Keeper's Quest - Page 12 Empty Re: Keeper's Quest

Post by bzzt3421 Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:17 am

Why are we all letting her lead us around by the nose? She's just fucking with us to get us to hurry up. I mean Christ, she's already conned us into getting her a invisbility ring, now we're letting her use our Bathtub of Awesome?

(x) No, he’s fine. He’ll just take these two and leave.
- (x) And explain to them what’s going on.
- (x) And head to the bar to get rid of them.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 am

Did you just miss the part where she prevented us from breaking our cover and revealing ourselves as a Keeper because certain people were too busy thinking with their libido rather than their brains? You certainly didn't seem to mind getting lead around the nose by the slaver and his twin-sisters.

She is one of our subordinates, and her actions were to our benefit. Yes, there was a certain amount of self-interest involved since us getting revealed as a Keeper would automatically put her at risk as well, but it's still the kind of behavior we should encourage amongst our minions and subordinates. And I don't think some pieces of sweets or the like are too much for that.

And no, I don't think she was just fucking with us - dealing with the half-elf slaves seemed to genuinely creep her the hell out, because at minimum it's a very stark, blatant reminder of what could happen to her - and her sister - if things go badly.

Considering that the original plan was just to get some slave(s) to make a business-deal with Kath by providing his son with some toys, and certain other people kept getting distracted by the blatant display of sex-slaves, I don't think a simple apology is too much, especially when we can combine it with the reward for looking out for our interests (ie, keeping incognito).

Godogma wrote:As long as Seth keeps it in mind that he's playing along with her little scheme and isn't actually being manipulated more than he allows.
Of course, though I think that Tesha is fairly harmless, at least in regards to manipulation. For one she's rather obvious in her advances, what with asking him to pretend he's her boyfriend and whatnot (even before meeting Kath). For another, she doesn't strike me as some kind of manipulative mastermind; she just would've kept when Seth being a drooling idiot over the twins, rather than telling him how it was making her uncomfortable and getting creepy, rather than risk losing "points" with him, for example.
As I said, keep an eye on her, but chances are she's just gold-digging to get herself and her sister into a better, more comfortable position, rather than working on some kind of masterplan she's hatched in the few days since meeting Seth.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 am

when you put it that way

(x) No, he’s fine. He’ll just take these two and leave.
- (x) ask for a method to help keep ganger girl under control and keep her from running away. also get some clothes on them, we're not fond of giving the local populace a free show.
- (x) take the girls to the bar and explain what's going on during the journey. ask them if they want to say with us or go with Gorry. if they both say Gorry then he gets both.
--(x) take precautions to prevent ganger girl's running
(x) Continue his shopping experience.
- (x) drop by a food stand offers sweets the Tesha likes and pick up something for each of you. while Tesha is eating thank her for helping us not blow our cover.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrnage Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:59 am

(X) No, he’s fine. He’ll just take these two and leave.
- (x) And bond them first opportunity to do so discreetly.
Carrnage
Carrnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:26 am

“No, I’m fine,” he replied, “But if I should come into another windfall I’ll be sure to hit you up to see if you have anything interesting in stock,” Seth said, half serious and somewhat disgusted at the fact that part of him really was tempted to come back to this awful place.

“Very well,” Edan replied before he turned to the guards, “Take these two to preparation. I want them ready for transport immediately!” Then he turned to Katri and the Twins. “And you three. Since you’re already up here, dress yourselves and look profitable!”

The twins and half elf obediently nodded. “Yes master.”

He turned back to Seth. “Now, do you need anything custom?”

Seth frowned for a moment, “I want them dressed for one. I’m not about to give the entire town a free show.”

He nodded. “Of course? Simple robes or would you like to take a look at our wardrobe collection. We have an agreement with Ruten Unodoram.”

Seth blinked and glanced to Tesha. Who?

He’s a Dark Elf tailor who’s been around here for pretty much ever. He’s the go-to guy for high fashion. I'd kill for one of his dresses!

Seth smirked Could get you one here and now...

I said dress, boss, not directive eye-patch.

Seth chuckled in amusement. “Wonderful. I’ll have to look into it later. For now though, I only need something to cover them that has more flair to it than a potato sack.”

The man nodded. “It will be done. Anything else?”

“Anything you have that can keep loudmouth from making trouble?”

“Yes. We have several magical items that could make her quite pliable, but none that cost less than her sale value I’m afraid,” He paused, “If you’d like to leave her behind, we could finish ‘taming’ her for a reasonable fee...”

“I’ll be fine,” Seth replied. “Are you sure there’s nothing else that you could do?”

He looked thoughtful for a moment. “Well, if you only need a short term solution there’s always charm magic....”

Seth nodded. “Do it.”

“Very well.” he looked over to the guards. “You heard the man!”

One of the guards nodded and went back into the room.

“Alright. Anything else?”

“You expressed interest in the Dwarf maid. Once she’s more... presentable, would you like me to send a messenger?”

“Sure,” Seth replied. He honestly wanted to get a good look at what a female dwarf looked like. The gamer in him demanded to know.

“Wonderful,” Edan replied with a smile. “So where should I send the message?”

“Lickety Split’s Parcel and Post,” Tesha cut in, “He’s handling our post.”

Seth looked over to her. She looked back.

Lickety is one of us, she replied. Half Elf. [i]He’s technically part of Goldtooth’s operation, or at least thats whom he pays protection to, but his real sympathies are with the Mongrels.

Seth blinked. That’s someone’s real name?

He changed it. Says it’s because he was so damned fast when he was young. Nobody knows what it used to be, nobody cares much either.

“Hm,” Edan said with a nod, “I’ll do just that. It’ll probably take some weeks though, Dwarves are notoriously difficult nuts to crack.”

The door to the processing area opened and the two slave girls were lead out. Each was dressed in a simple but attractive outfit of relatively plain cloth. Both wore simple loincloths and tie bikini tops that only just concealed their modesty while making them both look outragious slutty. Both wore collars and both had their hands bound in front of them

Kalli looked utterly humiliated by her appearance and seems to be looking at Seth with terror in her eyes, while the Ganger looked like nobody was in at the moment. Her eyes were glazed over and her face was twisted into a stupid little smile.

“She looks drunk,” Seth observed.

“She is drunk,” Edan replied. “Special technique of ours. Uses a mixture of spirits, hypnosis, and charm magic to make just about any slave pliable and obedient... for about thirty minutes. Though I warn you not to order her to do anything besides follow you as if she gets resistant it could break the trance. Also, do try and avoid bells. ”

Seth looked over. “Why didn’t you use this when she was on display.”

He shrugged, “Normally I would have, but I was hoping to sell you Katri.”

“Trying to play down the low end to play up the high end?” Seth asked.

Edan simply grinned. “You know this game...”

“Everyone knows that game,” Seth replied dryly

Edan gave her a long look before chuckle. “Too true, my boy. Now if there’s no more buisness to attend to, I’ll bid you all adieu.”

-------------------------

It wasn’t three minutes that they were free of the Auction House that Tesha turned on Seth.

“Boss, I know I work for you and all that but please don’t make me go in there again. I’m gonna need three bath’s to feel clean again.”

Seth nodded as he lead the two girls along, “I understand and agree. Really, you did me a good turn back there and I owe you one for making sure I didn’t do something stupid,” he paused, “How about a nice dinner when this is all done and over with? A little treat to say thank you for being a good sport.”

Tesha grinned. “That’s what we’re talking about.”

“So, where’s somewhere private we can bind these two?”

“Anywhere really,” she replied, “Not many people know what binding magic looks like... hell... I didn’t until you bound me.”

“B-b-bound?” Kalli asked in confusion.

“I’ll explain in a moment,”

Seth lead the two of them into a side ally and looked from side to side. “Tesha, you see anyone?”

She shook her head. “Not really. At least no one close enough to be a bother.”

Seth nodded and lifted his hand in front of Kalli’s face. “I want you to relax, alright? This will hurt for a moment but if you don’t find it, it’ll be over in a second.”

She looked up to him with big brown watery doe eyes and slowly nodded, “Y-yes m-m-master. I-I... um... t-this one....”

“Forget about that third person shit,” Seth said with a scowl. “I can’t stand it.”

She shrunk back. “Y-y-yes m-master.”

He lifted his hand and placed it over the brand on her lower back, then let his energy strike out at her. She gaped for a moment, eyes wide in pain, but the magic was done in moment.

Almost drunkenly she stumbled forward before grabbing hold of him to balance herself.

“W-what was t-that?” she asked, “I-I feel y-you in m-my mind.”

“I’ll explain in a moment.”

He turned to the other and repeated, but when the magic struck her, the glazed look left her eyes and she snarled, fighting the magic. Unpaused, Seth didn’t let up. She cried out in pain, dropping to her knees, but she did not stop resisting. No matter how much she fought, the battle was already lost, as she’d already broken once and accepted a far more invasive piece of dark magic into her being, the will sapping magics of the slave brand.

With a loud cry of torment, both from the pain and from her second great failure to protect the fortress of her mind from being stormed by another, her resistance gave out and she fell forward like a puppet with its strings cut, only just catching herself on her hands.

Slowly, with sweat dripping down a haggard face she looked up to Seth, she sneered and spitefully asked. “So what do I call you.”

“What’s your name,” Seth asked coolly.

“Riith, Master...” she replied without thought before cursing. “Fuck.”

“I think you just answered two questions,” Seth said cooly. “Now stand up and lets get going. I’ll explain on the way...”

“Ah, boss...”

“What is it Tesha?”

“Problem...” she smiled and pointed behind him.

He looked over and saw two figures move to block the entrance to the side alley they’d ducked in. Turning back he saw another four move to block off the other side of the ally. One of them looked quite well dressed well groomed, and exceptionally cocky, while the other five could best be described as apes in fancy dress. Obviously a high born twit and his personal thugs.

“Oh, on a contrary good friend...,” and exceptionally well dressed young man with a fine rapier said as he approached. “No problem at all. At least if as long as you don’t make yourself one. You see, here on guild territory we do not take kindly to people threatening our guards, and we take even greater offense when one such as yourself abuses such beautiful ladies. Lightning spells in dark alleys? It’s simply not done! So, how about you just had over the goods and we let you go... with...”

He looked at the best dressed of his ape-like companions, “What do you say Fredrick?”

“I like the one in the tight leather,” he replied, “Lets keep the three.”

“Ah, but my boy, that one’s obviously free... a shame too because she’s the finest pick of the litter.”

“Come on, Aron. She’s a Half Elf.”

“I’m aware of that, but we are Guild Enforces, not petty thieves. We’re here because this man threatened poor Jadin over there...”

Seth looked over and after looking closely realized that one of the thugs the very same guard he’d intimidated into giving him directions.

“And as men it is our duty to protect the flower of womanhood from such base abuses...”

“Guild Brats,” Tesha groaned. “I forgot how annoying you guys could get...”

Aron’s eyes narrowed slightly. “Girl, I’m starting to reconsider my stance on your liberty...”

“Just gimme a knife boss and I’ll slip him from groin to gizzard...” Riith sneered.

“Oh, spicy,” Aron replied, “I’ll enjoy taming you... now be a good man and pay the fine...”

“Um, yeah,” Fredrick added in, “And we’ll be taking your gold too.”

Aron nodded in approval. “Of course, the goods and your gold, or your lives. Be a good by and submit. Getting blood out of silk is such a bother...”

What do?

And yes you can ask for greater detail, but be specific.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:32 am

How are these goons armed and armored? How are the goons holding themselves and does the highborn twit move like he's skilled with a blade or just a twit with way too high an opinion of himself? Also, how are the goons moving?

EDIT: Which Keeper spells do we have that will best mimic warlock spells? If these guys want trouble, they certainly picked the right group to hassle... This may just be a very interesting way to gain more resources if we play it right... If not, the loot should be amusing. XD

Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:41 am

[x] straighten back, square shoulders and keep a calm face and conversational tone "if you check with the auction house I just purchased these two and I doubt your... employee admitted that he harassed us as we went to do business with a group that I am told adds to The Guild's coffers. I doubt your superiors will be pleased with him."
[x] fry anything that isn't on your side if they attack

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 am

For the thugs, they're all in relatively fancy dress with leather jackets, though from the bulk of their jackets you can see most either have a leather or steel cuirass on underneath. All of them have long blades and move with in a heavy manner that promises violence.

Smart ass rich kid is dressed in ostentatious silks with a poofy shirt and a fine looking coat. You can't be sure if he's wearing armor or has magical protection, but his blade's finely made and he seems to be waving it around with casual ease. He also has a pistol on his belt.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 am

the steel will amply a lightning spells damage on the goons by heating up and burning them, if we shoot the lighting at Smart ass's face Tesha can throw a knife into him while he reels and recovers.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:48 am

If they're wearing metal armor it'll also nicely attract electricity. I'm thinking hitting the guard who started this crap with Turncoat and then rocking the force lightning might be great.

Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 am

But if Turncoat spell would give stuff away, just rocking the force lightning could be great....
Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:34 am

Hm... let's see. A DK2 Warlock is fairly limited in his selection; Heal, and 2 Fire-themed attack spells. DK1 Warlock has a much broader selection, which also includes stuff like Invisibility (which we can duplicate via Conceal Monster and our and Tesha's rings), and we know from Kath that Warlocks are apparently much broader than the games show, so Protection and Speed Monster probably won't raise any eyebrows. "Probably" being the keyword.

Well, I think there's three ways we might be able to handle this;

1. Try and make use of Seth's silver tongue. Play up the fact that the slavehouse now considers us a "friend", with a good chance for profitable future business, and a pissed-off, tattling guard can hardly be worth pissing that away for. And if that is not enough incentive, then perhaps consider on top of that whether two sub-par slaves and what remains of our coins is worth losing at least some of their number over?

2. Just use our Keeper-powers to teleport us out of there. Chances are that this might expose us as a Keeper, though, unless we can pull this off in a way that suggests we are some other Keeper's minions, which should be fairly difficult. Plus, even if we did so successfuly it would probably undermine the arrangement we just made with the slavehouse, about us being now considered a "friend".

3. Fight. We're already outnumbered 3:1, and that's without accounting for the possibility of other thugs nearby. There might be some ready to spring on us from above, for example, a la Dragon Age 2. We might be able to even the odds slightly with Riith, if we're willing to trust her with a weapon.
We should better come up with a good plan, though.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 am

You do know the inferno spell...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:11 am

Psyckosama wrote:You do know the inferno spell...
That would certainly even the numbers, provided it wouldn't expose us as a Keeper. Then again, chances are that it could just be seen as a variant of the usual fireball spell and associates. Making an enemy of the Guild so early could make future visits to Skid Row more difficult, however, if we're observed or someone survives to identify us.

Generally, what kind of spells are the most likely to give away our status as a Keeper, and which ones can we use without causing undue suspicion?
Create Gold and Turncoat are Keeper-only, from what I understand, and I guess Chicken as well.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 pm

I don't think the Slaver's Guild is actually present in Skid Row, I think they're based in Dis from what the slaver we were talking to was saying (IIRC)... I think Sama was distracted by his kitten last night when I asked similar questions. *chuckle*
Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 pm

The Guild is one of the local gangs and is a coalition of pretty much the high end crafts and professional guilds, along with the slavers and some of the rich plantation owners.

Basically the private enforcers of the wealthy

And you've already publicly used the inferno spell. It looks like it's simply a really really BIG fireball

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Well, here's a rough plan;

- get a rough estimate from Tesha (via minion-bond) how much, if any, trouble we'd get in with the Guild for toasting these guys. Play it up as us "considering our choices" to get the necessary time. Also subtly look around for other thugs or the like in that time.
- try to make use of Seth's silver tongue and play up the fact that we were just made a friend of the slavehouse for services rendered, and whether harrassing someone like that for the just-bought wares and remaining coin is worth the trouble it might cause. If it works, we get out of this without drawing much attention. If it *doesn't*, then the guy's, Aron's, reply might serve as an indicator how safe he feels in offing us in this alley.
It certainly should cost us little to try, considering how he's already shown himself to be the talkative sort.
- if combat is unavoidable, fry the four-man group with an Inferno-spell, while Tesha can tackle the other two, possibly with our support. If we have a knife with us we can also see about arming Riith, if we can do so safely and the situation is desperate enough
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:34 am

That rough plan seems decent enough to me though I'd like to refine it by using the minion bond with the new ganger girl if she's free enough to use a knife or dagger and there's one on our belt she could help Tesha after we hit the other four with inferno and then move to dealing with the last two.
Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:03 am

... wow, these guys are just asking for it.

[] "Hey, tell me something? Did you even consider the possibility that I had very good reason not to be worried about ducking into random dark alleys in a city famous for its criminal element? Or are you just dim?" *fwoosh of ball of rolling flames forming above the palm of our hand* "Inquiring minds want to know."
[] If he doesn't back off then? Fry them.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:11 am

Hell, they're not just asking for it, they're outright begging us to roast them at this point. They couldn't get anymore cliché if they tried.

[x]"I'm sorry, but how did you actually manage to deliver that mountain of cliché of a speech with a straight face ? You were acting it out, right ? You aren't actually that much of a complete loser ?"
[x] "Hey, tell me something? Did you even consider the possibility that I had very good reason not to be worried about ducking into random dark alleys in a city famous for its criminal element? Or are you just dim?" *fwoosh of ball of rolling flames forming above the palm of our hand* "Inquiring minds want to know."
[x] If he doesn't back off then? Fry them.
Deathwings
Deathwings

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:35 pm

“Hold on! Hold on!!” Seth help up a hand, “Lets handle this like civilized men, rather than Barbarians. Allow me to Introduce myself. I am Seth Kruger, a Warlock of rather extensive ability, and and a friend of the Slaver’s Auction House. In fact these two very girls were gifts for services rendered... I don’t think your compatriots would... ‘appreciate’ the fact that you tried to shake down someone who’s been outright declared a friend of the House. So unless you want to piss off your own people, I strongly suggest we simply go our separate ways.”

The man laughed, “And I am Aron Darkroot, son of Kallen Darkroot of the Skidrow Darkroots. I will admit, for the common member of the Guild your... impassioned plea for mercy would have swayed many a soul, but sadly I am of sterner stuff. I also have a point of contention with the Slavers. So I must apologise, but your cries for mercy have fallen on deaf ears.”

Seth glanced over to Tesha and muttered, “Cries for mercy? Is this guy for real?”

“Darkroot....” Tesha hissed, glaring at the man balefully, “Oh, he’s for real alright.”

I know this guy’s family. His family are nothing but a bunch of blowhards. The own some of the plantations outside of town and have a thing going on with the Guild. A couple years ago they were caught clubbing halves in the tunnels to ‘staff’ their newest farm rather than buying workers from the Auctioneers. We found out and ratted them out. Nobody likes it when you poach locally, and the Slavers were pissed that their profits were being undercut. From what sis told me, they got blacklisted from private sale meaning they have to buy from the open auctions with the rest of the 'rabble'.

You'd think they'd be a bit more cooperative than that.

Not really, boss. The Guild isn’t really a single gang, more a loose collective of skilled craftsmen and rich assholes who hire thugs to look out for their collective interests. They got money, they got numbers, but they spend as much time at eachother’s throats as they do fighting the other gangs.

Having caught Aron’s eye from her reaction to his name, the well-dressed ganger studied Tesha for a moment before laughing aloud. “A snarky little half-elf thief who doesn’t know how to speak to her betters. You’re a Mongrel arn’t you little girl?” His eyes narrowed slightly, “Your motley band of runaways causes use a lot of trouble. I’ll enjoy collaring you for repayment for the trouble you’ve caused my family.”

Seth paused for a moment and then began to laugh. “Oh! Oh! I get it! I know this one!”

Everyone looked at him. “What?”

“For the love of fuck,” Seth chuckled, palming his face. “Can this shit get any more stereotypical?”

Aron seethed “How dare you! I am a Darkroot, we are far from...”

“No, no...” Seth waved his hand mockingly. “ Please no. I’ve just seen this so many times in movies. It was ridiculous the first time. Just spare me the repeat and we’ll be on our way...”

“Movies?”

“Kinda like... magically recorded plays, but I digress. You see, you probably think this is the scene where our sociopathic noble born ‘hero’ avenges himself upon the foul peasants who dared cross him, indulging in a spot of the old ultraviolence before he has his way with the woman and takes them as his prize. But it’s not. This isn’t ‘A Clockwork Orange’, my boy,” he grinned like a shark, “This is the dark fantasy story with the ill tempered mage protagonist and his plucky thief sidekick slash comic relief slash fanservice girl. In fact this is the very scene where the cocksure thugs accost them in the alley way, making wholly unreasonable demands that no sane mind would ever agree to, escalating the situation more and more despite every attempt to defuse it, just to make sure that the audience doesn’t sympathise with them when they are slaughtered the lot of them like like so much cattle.”

“T-this is no play, no game, and no story!” Aron roared.

Tesha, can you handle loud mouth and his idiotic friend?

“This is real life...” he exclaimed, continuing his rant

With great pleasure, boss...

“And you’re going to...”

Good...

“Kill you horribly,” Seth completed, a cruel smile on his face.

Before the noble-born bandit could react, Seth twisted about and cast a Inferno spell via his staff at the four thugs behind him. The result was rather impressive and final. Two of the thugs died instantly, literally catching the massive fireball to the face, their smoldering corpses thrown backwards out of the street. The other two thugs fared better, though only just. A third was still alive, though obviously stunned and injured from his proximity to the blast, while the fourth had been the only one with the good sense to run. He was was blasted forward but still alive, running away as fast as his legs could carry him.

He was also the same moron whom Seth had intimidated, beginning his mess. For a moment, Seth considered cutting him down, but the sound of steel on steel drew his attention back to Tesha.

She was in something of a pickle. In the first moments she’d obviously reacted with great accuracy and effectiveness, if the small dagger protruding from the throat of the gagging thug called Frederick was any give away.

Against the arrogant young noble though, she seemed to be in somewhat of a pickle. He was fast and skilled and his blade gave him a distinct reach advantage. Still Tesha was demonstrating a rather impressive degree of talent with her paired short blades though she was obviously having a time of it.

For a moment, Seth considered reacting, but Riith cut in a moment later. Bolting for the body of the dying Frederick, she grabbed his sword, and with a crude, but purposeful swing, forced the man to jump back.

Sneering at the three of them, he lowered his blade slightly. “I will not forget this insult. You and your half-blooded who have not seen the last of... Aiieeegh!

Aron cried out in agony as Tesha exploited his monologue to throw a vial of acid into his face. The man went down crying out in agony, a foul grey vapor pouring off of his rapidly dissolving features as he flailed wildly in agony, his world one of nothing but pain.

“You interrupted his monologue!” Riith exclaimed, glancing at Tesha, “That’s... that’s just not done!”

Tesha glared at her fellow half-elf ganger. “He was going to slave us out. He had it coming!”

“I’ve already been slaved out, idiot,” Riith replied with a snort, “And your boss is the one holding my fucking leash.”

“Yeah?” Tesha growled, “Well, I didn’t need your damned...” she flicked her wrist and a knife flew by Seth’s head. Turning about he saw the third thug collapse to the ground with a knife in his throat, a pistol falling out of his trembling hand as he hit the ground. “Help! I had it handled.”

“This prick,” she kicked the squealing figure on the ground, “Had you on the rops, bitch!”

“I was letting him get over confident, you silly whore!”

“P-p-please d-don’t fight!” Kalli whispered.

“Well look, the mouse speaks,” Riith snorted.

“Don’t be a cunt,” Tesha cut in, “Girl’s been through a lot...”

“Fuck her and fuck you!” Riith sneered, “I’ve been through the same shit she has.”

Tesha rolled her eyes, and sarcastically said, “Yeah, I guess so. She was kidnapped by Orcs, you were sold out by your...”

“They didn’t sell me out!” Riith exclaimed, her voice actually raising an octave. “They’re gonna come for me! They’re gonna...”

“Shut up both of you,” Seth roared. He could get that she was stubborn. He could get that she was a foul mouth tough girl living in denial. What he couldn’t accept was her cursing out and making light of a girl who’d lost everything she’d had to Orcs, who probably saw her entire family killed before her eyes while being brutally raped, followed up by an entire host of indignities.

Being sold as a slave had probably been the highpoint of her week!

For fucks sake, the poor girl was trembling like a leaf! Slowly, walkeded over to the trembling form of Kalli and lifted her chin. “Are you alright?”

She slowly nodded. “Y-yes ma-master.”

“Good,” he turned to Riith, “You ever go off on her like that again, and I’ll punish you until you like it, understand?”

Riith gulped. “Um. Yeah, Master...”

“Good. Now...”

[ ]Lets get out of here!
[ ] Loot the bodies!
[ ] Finish off that lump of shit on the ground
[ ] Try and find our runner
[ ] Back to shopping.
[ ] To the bar
[ ] Write in

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:00 pm

[x] Finish off that lump of shit on the ground.
[x] In the grand tradition of RPGs everywhere, LOOT THE BODIES !
[x] Ask Tesha if she thinks it's possible to catch our runner quickly. If not then just let him go, he is not that important.
[x] Go back to shopping.

I dunno what exactly to shop for right now, so I'm leaving that to the other to decide.
Deathwings
Deathwings

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 pm

(X) Finish off the lump of shit on the ground.
(X) Loot the bodies, in the grand tradition of - hey they brought it on themselves and RPG's everywhere.
(X) Ask Tesha if it's possible to catch our runner quickly. If not let him go, he's not that important. Also, letting one escape alive will kinda set the point that Seth is a crazy warlock who likes to toast people get out into Skid Row.
(X) Get some nice tidbits as a treat; for all the girls and Seth before heading to the bar to meet up with the others.
Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Welp, diplomacy didn't work, but in all honesty I didn't really expect it to. Still thought it a good idea to establish/confirm that Seth at least *tries* to talk first, instead of immediately going for the "kill 'em all", part. Fits with his personality and abilities, in my opinion. Nice lampshade-hanging, though.

The big question is; do we want this guy as a dedicated antagonist, or his relative(s)/family as well?
Killing him would remove him from the equation, but might piss off the relatives/family more. Leaving him alive might mean making an enemy of both, and one of them undoubtedly very dedicated, but considering that he seems somewhat like an idiot, this might actually be the lesser evil.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Leaving him alive means leaving a pissed off MAIMED opponent with ruined features at our back. So not happening.

EDIT: Or at least I hope that part doesn't happen... Leaving an alive and maimed dark elf who was a foppish ponce who also has money is likely to turn him into Mr. Vengeance who schemes and keeps trying to kill us forever with however many minions he can scape up at whatever time.

As well as leaving the idiot to rally however many of his family members he can add to the minions. Killing him is likely the better of the two options methinks.
Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Tesha already told us enough about him that he and family can be basically summed up as "Kuno-lite" at this point. Whatever we do, they'll make a nuisance of themselves, may as well get a head start on their systematic extermination now.
Deathwings
Deathwings

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Sounds good to me.
Godogma
Godogma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Fair enough, I guess, though it should also be noted that being Mr. Vengeance would probably interfere with effective actions on his part, since being pissed off is generally not conductive to calm reasoning and calculation. Might also be that family members who'd otherwise just go "eh, you got what you deserved for being an idiot" because the wounds/scars can be removed via healing-magic while the thugs are easily replaced, would get pissed at us for killing a member of the family.

I could easily see it go either way, and the fact that we have a runner, while you may consider him unimportant, means that even if we kll the fop, the Darkroots will likely still get our name, a description, and that we hung out with a member of the Mongrels out of the guy.

So, my vote;
[x] Loot the bodies for, in order of priority; weapons, coin, jewelry, other useful items. Tesha and Riith should have a good idea what to look for, while Seth and Kalli can keep a look out in case the runner comes back with reinforcements.
[x] While looting, get Tesha's assessment on the repercussions for killing/not killing the guy. If killing him means we get his entire family on our case, and not killing him means we only have to deal with him, leave him alive. If we have to deal with the rest of his family pissed off at us in either case, kill him. In case of a middle ground, leave the decision to Seth's judgement.
[x] Get some treats for Tesha and also Riith, then return to the bar.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 pm

[X]Bandwagon.

Robotninja

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:55 am

Godogma wrote:(X) Finish off the lump of shit on the ground.
(X) Loot the bodies, in the grand tradition of - hey they brought it on themselves and RPG's everywhere.
(X) Ask Tesha if it's possible to catch our runner quickly. If not let him go, he's not that important. Also, letting one escape alive will kinda set the point that Seth is a crazy warlock who likes to toast people get out into Skid Row.
(X) Get some nice tidbits as a treat; for all the girls and Seth before heading to the bar to meet up with the others.

Backing this.

ReinZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next