Keeper's Quest

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Keeper's Quest

Post by Kelenas on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You could always ask directly you know.
Once we actually have some craft-capable minions (at the moment it's only Gibbet, I believe), we probably will. I suspect that's still a bit off, though, since we haven't even finished dealing with things in Skid Row, then the Wolf Queen, etc.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Godogma wrote:Gun powder is already in the setting in the form of bombs and traps; I don't see it destroying the setting to craft low tech firearms to go with it.

Low-Tech firearms are quite simple... Point and squeeze.

As for wands being easier to handle that's debatable and they're also much more easily broken than the guns in question.
Ok how is a wand of magic missile not easier to use as all you need to do with that thing is know what you want to hit? An as for the durability we can always just put the wands in pistol stocks and have the wand be protect by a metal cover or something else?
Ironforge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Using our tech knowledge is the only real IC advantage we have in terms of knowledge/innate qualities.

Robotninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Exactly my point, utilizing what advantages we have IC is one of the few edges we have in the universe of DK.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:36 pm

The problem is that any guns we could build from the get-go would be complete and utter crap. They have more punch, yeah, but not *that* much more, they're imprecise, and they actually fire significantly slower than a crossbow, especially when the loading-process isn't meticulously trained.

We'd need percussion caps (which *are* fairly difficult to produce) in sizable quantities so we can make self-contained ammunition, and rifling for both range, stability, and penetration power. That's easily a level of early to mid 19th century, and not exactly something we can just manage from the get-go.

Our advanced scientific knowledge is useful, yeah, but guns are arguably not the best way to put it to use.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Considering by the time the brown bess musket came about armor was completely obsolete unless it was proofed vs musket balls and it lacked both rifling and a breech loading mechanism your information is more than a bit suspect.

Also, crossbows take far longer to load than a black powder firearm. I KNOW - I own both and shoot both for pleasure. If you have a crossbow of equitable power to a black powder firearm it takes either IMMENSE strength to pull the string back into lock manually or a WINCH.

Rifling is only important for range - which in the setting of DK isn't of immense importance. The spin doesn't make the ball do more damage it stabilizes the projectile so it'll fly farther. Which could be accomplished easily by firing a cast iron bolt instead of a ball - the fins on the bolt would stabilize it in flight.

EDIT: To put it in GURPS terms both rifling and breech loading mechanisms are available in TL4 - so if plate armor with sliding rivets is available so are true breech loading rifles (in terms of TL) - however, we should ask 'Sama precisely what is in Universe already and how it works before we go off the rails with speculation. There's also the matter of magical protection to consider and various other things...

However; it's still a valid and inexpensive force multiplier for us even if it's not the be all and end all of the dungeoneering experience.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:22 pm

I'd say we put in our support, but first I'd ask just what the competition is like, I don't want some wannabe band of thugs trying to crash our home because another keeper got scared.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotninja on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:47 pm

But guns are easy to train with. So easy that even Goblins can probably learn how to use them. Now, even modest (for goblins) numbers of goblin musket troops would be horrificly lethal.

It'll also let us make flintlock pistols, which will make our pirate based AoI far better rewarding thanks to theme.

Robotninja

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Compared to a crossbow, smoothbore muskets have inferior range, inferior accuracy, comparable armor penetration, slightly faster firing speed, superior ammunition capacity, and take more training to use. Their major advantages are that a volley of musket fire looks more impressive, they can be used by troops who are too exhausted to wield muscle-powered weapons, and an army can transport more ammunition for them.

Rifling and percussion caps solve the range and accuracy problems, but for the time and effort it would take to put something like that into production we could build a much tougher force using magic. Low-tech firearms are, after all, just about useless against undead, golems, insects, plant monsters, curses, long-range attack spells, animated liquids, or any number of other clever tricks.

Seth's critical advantage here isn't the fact that he's from a world that has guns. It's the fact that he's seen and read thousands of fantasy books, movies, RPGs and computer games. There are more good ideas floating around in the internet than any fifty normal Keepers would encounter in a lifetime - all Seth has to do is figure out which ones can be done with the local magic system, and implement them.

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Rifling solves the accuracy and range problems, all percussion caps do is make firearms more convenient.

Why you think they're useless when other mundane weapons are not - or at least weren't in the DK games is beyond me.

All of that takes time and training in HOW to make the local magic work and not just keeper magic. - it's not stuff his minions can do for him or even utilize.

Thus it's not a force multiplier until HE has it in hand. So while it's useful it's not UBER Alle like you want to make it out to be.

Guns were a suggestion as a means of increasing the amount of force which could be exerted by his limited amount of minions - thus increasing his security and ability to expand and hold territory; which allows him the TIME necessary to learn the magical tricks and things you folks are suggesting.

EDIT: You're giving crossbows too much credit and smoothbore muskets too little - there is a reason armies switched to muskets from crossbows and it wasn't for the marginal increases you posit.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 pm

The problem remains that unless we immediately manage something along the lines of the Dreyse or Chassepot, guns don't actually offer much, if any, advantages. Against targets most targets with light to medium levels of protection, like leather- or chain-armor, tough hide, etc, even relatively light crossbows will offer sufficient penetration power, but a higher rate of fire. Against targets with heavy protection, like plate armor or natural resistances (lycanthropes, for example), magic or specifically prepared projectiles (with special materials or enchantments, for example) can be used. (Remember that we already have one magic-using minion, and are going to get additional ones in the future; Seth isn't the only one with spells.)

In close-range combat like in a dungeon it's both easier and in most cases just as effective to just hand our minions a throwing axe or three; they have more chances to get hits in, they can double-up as melee weapons, and grant more tactical and strategic flexibility since the minion doesn't have to stop to reload.

Throw in the fact that most of our current forces (Goblins) are as dumb as a brick and would probably have trouble remembering how to reload a crossbow, much less the more complicated procedure for a muzzle-loaded firearm, and I seriously doubt they'd do us much good.

Additionally, there's the very real danger that introducing guns this early could easily see them copied by our enemies both above and under the ground, negating any advantage they might offer.

Personally, I'd rather wait until we can mass-produce something like revolvers or lever/bolt-action rifles so we can have firepower, range, precision and rate of fire all in one neat package. And even then there's likely still going to be enemies where guns are a sub-optimal solution, like Oozes, Skeletons, Golems, and what have you.

Chances are, if any of Seth's modern knowledge will prove useful early on, it's stuff like math, or mechanics, or manufacturing-techniques, etc. Like knowing when/how to compartmentalize the production of items and the like.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrnage on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Canon's would be very useful against the giant beetle things under our main dungeon but i can see that we could just use magically propelled mundane ammo instead.
Carrnage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:40 pm

And yet again you ignored the part of my statement where I posited what would make firearms more useful.

Make BREECH LOADED rifles of some fashion or other. Then you have one thing to load - the paper cartridge. Then you close the mechanism and can shoot directly after ward. You don't need a percussion cap, a flint mechanism will work though it's not very efficient.

Or you could have an iron pin enchanted with something akin to a "match" spell - pull the trigger and the pin gets jammed through the wax paper and into the powder which will then combust and fire the projectile.

Another thing is - we haven't heard back from 'Sama about how things work in this Universe yet.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrnage on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Anyway can we agree that we put off any innovative tech until we have a group of bonded spies working for us?
Carrnage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:05 am

Godogma wrote:And yet again you ignored the part of my statement where I posited what would make firearms more useful.

Make BREECH LOADED rifles of some fashion or other. Then you have one thing to load - the paper cartridge. Then you close the mechanism and can shoot directly after ward. You don't need a percussion cap, a flint mechanism will work though it's not very efficient.

Or you could have an iron pin enchanted with something akin to a "match" spell - pull the trigger and the pin gets jammed through the wax paper and into the powder which will then combust and fire the projectile.

Another thing is - we haven't heard back from 'Sama about how things work in this Universe yet.
Er... no, I didn't. If you read my post again you'll note that I specifically meantioned the Dreyse and Chasspot rifles, both which were breech-loaded rifles with paper cartridges much like you describe. And I consider that an absolute *minimum* of what we'd need to make firearms viable. The problem is that something like that quite probably exceeds our current capabilities, regardless of whether we'd go with percussion caps or enchanted triggering mechanisms. The only ones who *might* be able to make something at the moment would be Gibbet and Gnarl, and working by themselves it'd probably take ages to equip our forces.

Eventually we'll want to introduce firearms into our forces, yes. But for that, we'll need to build up a decently sized infrastructure first, which can actually keep up with the needs of our military and keep it supplied. Logistics often being much more important than the actual weapons or soldiers, and all that.

Of course, it might be that the magic of the Dungeon could provide enough to massively cut down the time needed to make firearms and ammunition, but frankly, I'd rather not count on it and get pleasantly surprised if I turn out to be wrong, rather than run face-first into a wall if things don't work out as I expected or wanted them to.

Carrnage wrote:Anyway can we agree that we put off any innovative tech until we have a group of bonded spies working for us?
Fair enough. With some luck Nati's group might even have some crafters we could hire temporarily.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaperV on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:10 am

Godogma wrote:Rifling solves the accuracy and range problems, all percussion caps do is make firearms more convenient.

They make fixed ammunition of various sorts possible, which generally leads to drastic improvements in rate of fire.

Godogma wrote:Why you think they're useless when other mundane weapons are not - or at least weren't in the DK games is beyond me. \

I don't think they're useless. I think they're about equally useful, and much more expensive.

Godogma wrote:All of that takes time and training in HOW to make the local magic work and not just keeper magic. - it's not stuff his minions can do for him or even utilize.

Yes, it does. But building guns of any decent quality is also a huge project.

Given his background Seth probably doesn't even know enough about early firearms to get anywhere. Remember, he's a drama major who liked to hand out with the tech geeks and the goth chicks. Not a survivalist, or a historical reenactor, or anything else along those lines.

Godogma wrote:EDIT: You're giving crossbows too much credit and smoothbore muskets too little - there is a reason armies switched to muskets from crossbows and it wasn't for the marginal increases you posit.

I'm quite familiar with the history of early firearms and European warfare, and I think you're making the typical mistake of giving guns far too much credit. It's not an accident that it took upwards of 200 years for firearms to replace bows and crossbows even in Western Europe, after all. But this isn't really the place for an extended debate on the topic, so I'll let it rest,

Carrnage wrote:Canon's would be very useful against the giant beetle things under our main dungeon but i can see that we could just use magically propelled mundane ammo instead.

If Tesha knows what corned gunpowder is they already have cannons here. That's what the stuff was invented for.

ShaperV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:28 am

In any case - what we need is information on both how the universe works and about the enemies we're likely to face (be that the other gangs, or the other Keepers who are sponsoring them). We also need someone to make weapons and armor and a source for iron and coal (or a source for iron and lava)...

Whether or not Seth goes for firearms.

So, essentially we need a troll smith or a dwarf if one is about and willing to join. A Bile Demon is another possibility but personally if I had a choice between the two I'd rather have a troll. A dwarf looking for work is probably a best case scenario.

EDIT: Judging from the info document a dwarf smith girl could be a damn good buy on the slave market if one is available.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 am

Carrnage wrote:Canon's would be very useful against the giant beetle things under our main dungeon but i can see that we could just use magically propelled mundane ammo instead.

Canons already exist.

Pirate isles anyone?

Godogma wrote:In any case - what we need is information on both how the universe works and about the enemies we're likely to face (be that the other gangs, or the other Keepers who are sponsoring them). We also need someone to make weapons and armor and a source for iron and coal (or a source for iron and lava)...

For lava you need to dig deeper which at the moment is dangerous.

Whether or not Seth goes for firearms.

So, essentially we need a troll smith or a dwarf if one is about and willing to join. A Bile Demon is another possibility but personally if I had a choice between the two I'd rather have a troll. A dwarf looking for work is probably a best case scenario.

Quite possibly yes.

EDIT: Judging from the info document a dwarf smith girl could be a damn good buy on the slave market if one is available.

Yep. She would indeed. Coast a pretty penny though.

Honestly, do you want me to have Seth ask about guns in the reply?

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 am

Sure if it can be worked in without a lot of hassle. It's something he probably has experience with. There's a lot of games out there that combine swords and sorcery with firearms.

Arcanum is a good example...
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 am

Psyckosama wrote:Honestly, do you want me to have Seth ask about guns in the reply?
Didn't we already ask Gnarl and Mentor about that? Can't hurt in any case, though.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwings on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:15 am

Speaking of cannon, the very first trap you get in DK2 is the "Sentry Trap" which is basically an automated cannon turret. The very FIRST one.

I feel pretty confident in saying that cannon use is widespread in the DK-verse.

Honestly, do you want me to have Seth ask about guns in the reply?

"You do some smuggling, right ? I'm actually looking for guns, do you know where I can find some ?"
Deathwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrnage on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:50 am

Yeah finding out about if they have guns and what kind of guns will be great.
Carrnage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:26 am

“Hmmm...” he began, before pausing for a moment, “You do make a very attractive offer but...”

She paused, “But?”

“I don’t know much about your operation, nor do I know much about the town in general which means I cannot agree outright. I need to know more, so how about you tell me about your operation and your rivals. Remember, I could just ask your sister... and really I just need an overview. So how about we save me the gold it would cost to bribe some bartenders, and you give me an overview.”

“Alright. You make a good point. An overview it is,” She sighed and let her shoulders slump. “We control a few properties on the main chambers, like this bar, a couple flophouses...” she snorted, “A book store... little stuff mostly. Fuckers. Only real territory we can call our own is in the tunnels... those are the caves where the people too poor to live in the main chambers live. A lot of half-breeds live there and the main gangs see it as not worth the effort.” Slowly her face twisted into a grin, ”Don’t get us wrong though, we’re not weak. One of our people is worth two of theirs, and we keep our ears close to the ground. Very little happens around here that we don’t know about and we have spies in all the other hangs. We get most of our money from street crime, lighty duty mercenary work, information dealing... and... well...” She smirked, “I’ll keep that to myself.”

“Fair enough, can’t say I’m too impressed though.” He frowned, “So who are the others?”

“First you have the Brotherhood of Shadows,” she snorted, “Standard rogue’s guild set up with the obligatory pretentious name. They control most of the docks... and the dock workers. Most of the shit shipped in from the south passes into their hands before anyone elses and they like to keep a monopoly one some of the rarer and more addictive goods shipped into town.”

She popped another rock nut, eating it in a most stimulating of ways, and continued, “What they lack though, is muscle. Dock workers and cut throats will only get you so far in a stand up fight... but they can pretty much shut down the docks at will and have an agreement with Keeper Sidrian. They give him a cut of the action and their ‘eternal loyalty’, while he makes sure that any ‘illegal smugglers’ that he catches on the rivers,” she actually made the finger quotes, “Don’t live to make another run into town.”

Seth scowled. “He controls the river?”

She shook her head. “Not all of it, but enough to set up a toll station and harass the merchants.”

Seth nodded. “Who else is there?”

“Goldtooth’s Organization,” she replied, “Goldtooth is a prehistoric Troll. He likes to portray himself as a ‘businessman’. He’s a brutal son of a bitch who owns a lot of the stores and craft shops in town, with most most of others paying protection. To make matters worse, he’s managed to finagle control over most of the portals within city limits.”

“What kind of support does he have?”

She grimaced. “A small army. He got a small tribe of orcs in his employ. To make matters worse, he’s rumored to be the favored consort of Keeper Nelfina... rumor is that she’s the reason he’s still alive. She just can’t bare to part with her beloved ‘Goldy’...”

Tesha she shuddered at the concept. “Ugh. Sis, I’m eating.”

Seth looked over. “That bad?”

“She’s a morbidly obese female troll who thinks she’s the hottest thing on two legs and likes to dress in wispy silks to show off her ‘figure’. I still have nightmares from the time I saw her visit town... the idea of her and old man Goldtooth fucking...” she shuddered and shook her head. ”Ugh!”

Seth grimaced. “That bad.”

“And I guess you want the last of the three... well, nobody uses their official name. Too damned long and pretentious to remember, but everyone just calls them The Guild. They’re a loose coalition that controls most of the vice in town. They own half of the bars, most of the prostitutes, and run the slave auctions. They even have a strong hand in the nearby plantations due to the sheer number of slaves involved. They grew those nuts you’re eating.”

Seth suddenly felt a little less hungry, but didn’t want to look rude. “I see, any Keeper support?”

“Not as much as the others,” she replied, “But they throw on enough false piety to gain the favor of Keeper Devot. He’s a religious fanatic. As long as they keep the temples and shrines looking posh, he supplies them with backup.”

Seth sat in thought for a moment, considering his options. Slowly, unconsciously he brought his fingers together striking, what when combined with his hood dipping over his eyes, what was commonly known as ‘the Gendo Pose’.

Slowly, considering his options he glanced up to Nati, his eyes meeting her baby blues.

“Okay then,” Seth said after a moment, “It is indeed an opportunity, and I am willing to tentatively agree to an alliance. I need to test the waters and make sure you can hold up your end of the bargain before I fully support you.”

Nati blinked, looking a bit confused. “Fully support us?”

“Yes,” he replied, “Fully. Like I said, I like my subordinates to be happy and I consider my word to be my bond.”

“Your subordinates,” she repeated with a hiss, “We’re not your minions!”

“Speak for yourself,” Tesha deadpanned, earning a dirty look.

“Minions, no,” he corrected, “But you need me far more than I need you. I have a feeling there are other small gangs in this town who’d happily sell their souls for a Keeper patron...” he smiled, “But I don’t want your souls, where would I keep them? What I want, is you to look out for my best interests, and in exchange I’ll always keep yours close to my heart. As long as you don’t betray me, and do your best to hold up your end of the bargain, I will do the same. When I said full support I mean full. Do you want me to outline what I expect from you, and what in exchange you’d be able to expect from me?”

She glared for a moment then sighed. “Fine. What?”

“From the moment all I expect is to... to benefit from your local connections. I want to know what you know, and if I need something done that I need to maintain plausible deniability over... I might be forced to call upon the expertise of your men.”

“Figures. So what do we get out of it?

Seth looked from side to side. “This place private?”

She nodded. “Yep. Everyone in here is part of the gang and has our full trust.”

“Anyone able to look in from above?”

“No, only way to look in on this table is from the south and we keep it tarped off.”
She pointed and there was indeed a small piece of cloth draped to block off that angle.

“Good. “Well, for one, money,” he replied, and to make his point and throw her off center he cast Create Gold on the middle of the table. It was fairly magically intensive, spell, but he was doing it for effect not to fill his coffers so he conjured a mere 1000 gold rather than the spells full 2000.

In a burst of energy, a massive pile of gold spread across the table, knocking the bowls to the side. Nati’s eyes all but bulged out of her head and her mouth went agape, not at the amount of money, but rather at the effect that created it, for it was not the red burst of energy that signified a keeper’s teleport, nor was it even the blue of a portal gem, but it was the green of a magical summoning something from nothing.

“That... that was conjuration!” she said in a whisper. “You... you created that...” her eyes went wide at the implications. “You’re not just some half-assed... You’re... you’re the real thing... Oh gods underfoot... “ She paled slightly, realizing how much flack she’d been giving him.

“Breath in, breath out...” Seth said in a kindly voice. “Don’t hyperventilate. It’s alright. You thought I was just some idiot who stumbled into a Dungeon Heart and let it get to his head.” He smiled, “You were half right. Yes I just stumbled into the Heart, and I will admit I do have my moments... but I’m no fool and my power is quite real. My heart was originally the personal backup Heart of a rather accomplished Keeper and with it came a library containing the information needed to gain full mastery over its powers... along with a number trinkets I need not mention, as well as a... Well, just say hello.”

“Ah yes, Keeper...” the ghost said as he faded into view, “I was wondering if you’d invite me to the party...” He gave a comical bow, “Hello Nati.”

“Who the hell is that?!” she exclaimed, jumping out of her chair and drawing what looked like a flintlock pistol.

“I am the spirit of a Keeper long past, one who before my untimely demise rose to great prominence. Young Seth is the closest thing I have to an Heir, and I am his Mentor.”

Now even more wide eyed, Nati was obviously fighting the urge to hyperventilate, he gun slipping from boneless fingers. Seth was actually somewhat shocked to see her this frightened.

“You didn’t believe me, did you sis,” Tesha said with a sigh, “I told you he was the real deal, but no, I’m just the silly little sister who blows everything out of proportion...”

“Relax, calm down,” Seth said, gently, “I’m not going to hurt you. It’s all okay.”

“You’re too soft,” Mentor complained, “You really should put the hybrid in her place. I’d like to suggest a nice strong spanking.”

“Goddamn it Mentor!” Seth snapped. He looked back to Nati and sighed. “Sorry about that, he’s a pervert. But don’t worry, I’m not insulted. You’re looking our for your own. If you weren’t this passionate about it, I wouldn’t be here.”

Nati sighed and leaned back. “I’m sorry about that I was just...”

“Surprised?”

She paused. “I guess you could call it that. This was like being told there was a Fire Lizard in your house, getting ready to deal with a Salamander, then stepping in to find yourself looking up at a Dragon.”

“No worries,” Seth replied, “Offers still the same and you folks can keep the gold... now. Like I said. I can offer you money. If you need help I’ll send as much as is reasonable. If you can convince me you need a whole damned tribe of Goblins, you get a whole damned tribe of goblins.”

She blinked. “You-you’re serious aren’t you?”

“As an an Axe to the groin,” Seth replied, “Now. I’m not done. In addition to the prestige that comes with working for a Keeper. I’ll even give your men summoning charms so if they get in over their heads, I can pull their stones out of the fire... And if the worst should happen, and you’re defeated, run out of town, no of longer any used to me, just a bunch of refugees fleeing your your lives...” he smiled gently, warmly, “I will protect you. As long as you give me your all, I will always and I mean always give you mine. If you’re true to me, I will be true to you... ”

Nati looked on almost dumbfounded. “You-you’re serious.”

Seth slowly nodded, “Though I will disclaim. I will never betray you, but if you stab me in my back... well... as the old saying goes where I’m from, meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup!”

Struck by the irony of the situation, Nati released a dull, nervous chuckle.

“Good, we’re all friends here,” Seth said, “Now you know what I’m expecting from you, and what I will offer in return. You’ll still be your own gang, I’d rather not get involved in your daily affairs, and long as it doesn’t undermine me, you can do pretty much whatever the hell you want, and if our interest should ever conflict, then I encourage you to come to me and speak your mind so we can find a solution that is satisfactory to everyone. All I ask for you to sacrifice is a little bit of independence for a whole lot of support. Stick with me and you’re going to far,” he clapped his hands, “So, are my terms satisfactory?”

She glanced at the bartender who simply nodded to her.

“We...” she whispered, overwhelmed by it all and probably still quite terrified. “We agree.”

“Good,” Seth replied standing up. Slowly he walked over to the frightened half-elf and gently placed his hands on her shoulders “Nati... ”

“Y-yes?”

He pulled her into a chaste hug.

“Welcome to the family.”

Seth released the now confused girl a moment later, and smiled. Then he...

[ ] Tried to calm her down. No need for her to be so on edge! Everyone’s a friend here!
[ ] Asked some questions about their beliefs, such as slavery
[ ] Asked about that gun... (because I couldn't fit it into this post)
[ ] Talked to the Half-Orc Bartender
[ ] Told them to arrange some things for him
- [ ] He needed iron
- [ ] He needed silver
- [ ] He needed Teleportation charms
- [ ] He needed something else
[ ] Write In

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrnage on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:49 am

[X] Asked about that gun... (because I couldn't fit it into this post)

This need to be out of the way.
Carrnage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:50 am

you can take multiple you know.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleBlue on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:52 am

[X] Tried to calm her down. No need for her to be so on edge! Everyone’s a friend here!

Last edited by EagleBlue on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
EagleBlue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:53 am

If you want beliefs give a list of questions please

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Godogma on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:38 am

Try to calm her down, as well as asking her questions about her beliefs (slavery is a big part of the DK arrangement, and knowing the ins and outs of the slave trade is something he's going to need to know - it's also a way to get useful people (such as the Queen's Blade dwarf smith girl if such is available) if he's willing. Especially since he can give them a better existence than they'd likely get otherwise as well as improving his position) asking about her religious beliefs and the mad priest keeper/how the dark gods function are also good segues from that) as well as the gun; good questions for answers though the conversation could easily be continued for a couple more posts easily enough.

Iron is also a necessity. (I'm not sure, what did Seth need silver for?)

Teleportation charms are good as well - these things are all necessary and I think they need to continue working things out before he continues onward to other business in the market.

She can probably get them better deals on the iron and silver and other necessities through her contacts than he can get without revealing more information than he might like to at this point.

On another OOC note; Merry Christmas everyone.
Godogma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReinZero on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:40 am

Godogma wrote:Try to calm her down, as well as asking her questions about her beliefs (slavery is a big part of the DK arrangement, and knowing the ins and outs of the slave trade is something he's going to need to know - it's also a way to get useful people (such as the Queen's Blade dwarf smith girl if such is available) if he's willing. Especially since he can give them a better existence than they'd likely get otherwise as well as improving his position) asking about her religious beliefs and the mad priest keeper/how the dark gods function are also good segues from that) as well as the gun; good questions for answers though the conversation could easily be continued for a couple more posts easily enough.

Iron is also a necessity. (I'm not sure, what did Seth need silver for?)

Teleportation charms are good as well - these things are all necessary and I think they need to continue working things out before he continues onward to other business in the market.

She can probably get them better deals on the iron and silver and other necessities through her contacts than he can get without revealing more information than he might like to at this point.

On another OOC note; Merry Christmas everyone.

Silver was for dealing with the Wolf Queen and her lot.

ReinZero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:40 am

[ ] Tried to calm her down. No need for her to be so on edge! Everyone’s a friend here!
[ ] Asked about that gun... (because I couldn't fit it into this post)
[ ] Began to ponder the eventual takeover of Skid-Row's criminal underworld, installing Nati as a proxy manager of it, and renaming the resultant organization The Guild of Calamitous Intent. Because.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top