Bearer Quest

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by ReinZero on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Just noting in case you guys overlooked it... what about the other (remaining) student? Going to help him? Or not?

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:41 pm

ReinZero wrote:Just noting in case you guys overlooked it... what about the other (remaining) student? Going to help him? Or not?

How easy would it be to stop the runner. Think we can trip him up with earth and wind magic?

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Robotninja on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 pm

Let's try to help. The more answers we have, the better.

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by ReinZero on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
ReinZero wrote:Just noting in case you guys overlooked it... what about the other (remaining) student? Going to help him? Or not?

How easy would it be to stop the runner. Think we can trip him up with earth and wind magic?

(Just got back for a moment, going out again atm, might have internet then as well.)

All five said persons making off with that student are still... alive. How easy... is variable, since you think it was more that student's own incompetency instead of their ability.

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Robotninja on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Five people? Hmm. Well, they are carrying someone, so we can disrupt that fairly easily. Wind + Fire magic to force them to scatter.

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am

Wind and Earth I'd say... we don't wanna kill the kidnapee.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Robotninja on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:31 am

Keep the Fire low grade, that'll force them to panic and treat it like a deadly high level threat, which will make it hard to keep the abductee contained.

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by ReinZero on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:41 am

Psyckosama wrote:Wind and Earth I'd say... we don't wanna kill the kidnapee.

Do keep in mind you do have Lucia with you at the moment.

Robotninja wrote:Keep the Fire low grade, that'll force them to panic and treat it like a deadly high level threat, which will make it hard to keep the abductee contained.

C Rank in a element/skill is usually (barring a few fields) is already low grade. Also, I'm not sure why you think magic is rare at all here. And well, are you sure you're not missing a detail or so from the update?

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:46 am

Earth to ruin their footing, Wind to send them off it, and mention to her that we should really try and help the other idiot. Letting people kidnap classmates sets a bad precedent.

Tell her what we're doing and ask her to help as much as she believes she is capable.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Robotninja on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:02 pm

After this we should look into creating a short term Charm style Rune so that we can question captive agents more easily.
Ideally, it would be a long term version, but. . .

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by ReinZero on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 am

[X] Dispense a signal to Mesei to capture the bitch. You'll be fine in interim.

Making up your mind on the assassin, you focus your earth magic and wind magic both directly above and below you... then expel it in the form of a tremor, one specifically tuned to one sound spectrum with your signal encoded. Generally though, it isn't combat practical, but you're just wrapping up a loose end. Yes, you did have confirmation at least a few times that Mesei can receive the signal from quite the distance.

Earth, Wind, and mention to her that we should really try and help the other idiot. Letting people kidnap classmates sets a bad precedent.

Tell her what we're doing and ask her to help as much as she believes she is capable.

“We'll be helping out that fellow over there, wind and earth. Help however you believe you're capable of. Just don't make any injuries worse ok?”

Lucia seems to pause for a moment before responding, “Not like I have a choice.”

A wave of greenish-brown ice encases her for a moment before dissipating, revealing her wolf form once more. Then, she leaps forth, and moves off towards the kidnappers.

From your position, you soften the ground below the kidnappers while forming a headwind against the direction of their movements. This, of course, is mainly as to avoid harming the student in the process. Secondly, you're effectively out of range to do much more than this and your injury inhibits your ability to remedy that.

Lucia immediately forms a wall of ice to cut off the kidnappers while further liquidating the ground beneath them. After that, it only takes about... oh, less than a minute you figure before the kidnappers are reduced to five very dead bodies. The finer details aren't important... just that the student's safe and there isn't a scratch on Lucia. In reverse order of priority of course.

… No wait, why is Lucia fetching the student by the collar of his uniform? “Is he fine?”

You only get a nod. Rather makes sense since her mouth's full at the moment. But moreover, talking in the human sense isn't technically possible when she's not in human form. Well, at least she's taking care to smooth out the ground so he doesn't end up with a splitting headache from all that dragging.

Kneeing down a bit, you check the cuffs. Hm... no, those runes don't seem entirely familiar, but you do recognize it somewhat as an aether rune. Though it seems a bit off... you're not really sure why, but it just seems different than the rune that comes to mind. Specifically, 'Bound'.

Probably, you think, it has something to do with how things turned out as they did after the student's incompetency. Or maybe you're just over thinking it and its actually completely unrelated to the actual reason. Removing it is... not too hard, but concentration is an issue though.

“Lucia, can you?” you say while gesturing to your wound.

She simply nods, drops the student on the ground and trots over to you before putting a paw over your wound. The application of healing magic does its work quite quickly, a near instant relief and removal of a thorn to more delicate mental tasks. Like removing this abnormal rune. You focus on it and press the palm of your hand over it, invoking fire specifically to 'cleanse' it. Which should work from what you know, barring disproportionate extreme cases... which, his incompetency shouldn't warrant.

At first, it doesn't seem to have any effect, but after a moment it starts dissolving, literally. The melting sort. Hm, you don't recall putting that much power into it, but it doesn't seem to matter too much. Why? A second glance easily reveals that its eating away the cuffs. Strange really, that shouldn't happen for one thing.... In any case, you really have to wake him up.

“Water please, just enough to wake him,” you say to Lucia.

She simply sighs and complies with it, though she does seem quite annoyed. Probably at the fact you can't do that yourself. Hey, it's not your fault you haven't learned or so to use water magic. And well, you'll have that remedied by next year!

The student blinks and coughs for a moment before shaking his head as if to get the water out of his eyes. Yeah... definitely incompetent if say due lack of capability. For one thing, a fire or wind user would be able to dry themselves without problems. Likewise for a water user.

“Are you ok?” you ask out of concern. Best make sure he's not say, bleeding from the inside. Having a splitting headache. Or bleeding out of his ass because Lucia missed a spot.

“Y-yeah...” stammers the student in a slightly soft voice.

No wait. It's a girl not a boy.... Damn you ambiguous bodily features! Damn you! No wait- this is a good thing! Yeah. Excellent. *beat* You reaffirm that you're not showing your uh... yeah. On your face or down there either. Yeah.

“Well, mind explaining that?” you say, pointing over to the fresh corpses.

“I-I don't know,” replies the girl. She shakes her head seemingly for emphasis, “and sis wouldn't tell me either-”

“Is your sister on campus as well?” you ask. For one thing, there's no need for further confirmation that apparently this isn't the first time it's happened. On the offhand, you note Lucia making what seems to be closest possible action akin to tapping her 'hand' over her forehead. Yeah, you'd think she'd be more competent if it happens on any particular basis.

She nods, “Um, if you don't mind....”

“Yeah, we'll go with you if there's no problem with that,” you say frankly. It wouldn't be an issue for Mesei to track you so it's fine if you go. Well as long as you don't get into another mess.

“There's no problem...” she trails off for a moment as she glances over at Lucia.

“She's house trained,” you remark casually. Lucia shoots you a glare in turn. You simply shrug back at her, it's not your fault she's a bit concerned about letting a wolf inside where her sister's staying.

“Oh, um, ok-” She pauses for a moment as if realizing that she hasn't asked for your name yet.

“Celeste Everard,” you say, making a half bow of sorts- half out of sheer laziness and other half due caution. Then you gesture over to Lucia, “And this is Lucia. You are?”

The girl pauses for a moment, as if thinking over something upon hearing your name. Blinking once, she makes a proper half bow as she introduces herself, “Helen Ainsworth.”

“Well then Helen, please lead the way,” you say. At the same time, you note she seems to be poorly concealing her glances towards Lucia. “Want to walk her?”

“E-eh?! I-is that fine?” She seems to have made a split second change of mind.

“Yes it's fine, isn't that right Lucia?” you entirely ignore Lucia's annoyed whine. Just work with me Lucia! She simply sighs in turn and- wait, is that a pout?

Helen simply squeals and quickly runs over and... hugs Lucia. Hm. What a sturdy grip. Seems to reflect a person who's used to much physical activity and hard work... a commoner? Hm... that would make some sense per incompetency with magic.

---

About five to ten minutes later, you're not entirely sure, but it doesn't matter too much... other than Mesei seeming to have reeled in the big catch, took it 'home' to Kohan's place and returned to shadowing you. Well, it helps the fact that Helen doesn't seem to notice in the least.

The four of you arrive at the same building your room's at. The special dorms- special because they're pretty much single person rooms, along with a few two person rooms, though both are much more spacious than the ones for the boys and girls dorms. Then again, these are catering to those with affinities or other such beyond the norm.

No wait, the main issue is... why is it practically next door to your room? Well that's partially convenient... maybe. Anyhow, it is quite nice that there is no division of male and female rooms and such -here- specifically. But then again, each of these rooms does have their own self contained facilities- which the other dorms lack.

Helen takes out the key to her room and opens it, “Sis, I'm back. And um... we have guests!”

Her sister- naturally it is, the resemblance is entirely lacking- you identify from her response as she comes into view. “You did remember to thank them, right?”

“Er, um...,” Helen laughs a bit nervously. “I forgot?”

Her sister seems to close the distance quite deftly as she smacks Helen over the head with an outstretched palm. From what you do notice of her hand, it doesn't seem to show as much wear from work or the like. “Please excuse my sister's forgetfulness, she's quite distractable.”

“Yes, I've noticed,” you reply in turn, nodding.

“But please, do come in the two... no three of you,” says Helen's sister. She glances around behind you, seemingly trying to spot something.

“Hm?” you crane your head slightly, feigning complete and utter lack of understanding.

“I mean, you, your pet, and... there's someone else present too..., right?” she seems quite unsure of the last part. In other words, she probably means Mesei, but isn't capable of 'shadowing'. Her intentions seems to be quite genuine though.

Have Mesei...
[ ] 'Exit' your room. (Introduce her as your maid.)
[ ] Come down through the corridor. (Introduce as an acquaintance/friend/etc., pick something.)

Anything you have in mind to discuss?
[ ] Wait and see.
[ ] Write In.

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Robotninja on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:26 am

[X]Maid- People dismiss the help, and she likely will see her being maidlike later on at some point.

[X]Wait- Lets see what she says before she asks questions.

By the way, did we ever spend all our bonus points?

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by ReinZero on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 am

Robotninja wrote:By the way, did we ever spend all our bonus points?

You don't have any bonus points yet/at all presently. If you mean character generation points, you guys did use up all points you guys had.

And remember, if you're on the chatbox while I'm on, I answer (some) questions (depending on the question).

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by EagleBlue on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:49 am

[X] Come down through the corridor. (Introduce as an acquaintance/friend/etc., pick something.)

[X] Introduce ourselves to Helen's sister and then wait if she asks questions before we do.


Backing Psycko's vote.


Last edited by EagleBlue on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
EagleBlue

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 am

I'm tempted to publicly introduce her as our concubine, just to see the look on her face... :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by truthswraith on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 am

Psyckosama wrote:I'm tempted to publicly introduce her as our concubine, just to see the look on her face... :p

Suddenly I've got the same desire.

truthswraith

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Introduce her as our concubine, then make it clear its a joke, and then introduce her as our servant and most trusted companion.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Zeitgeist on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Introduce her as our concubine, then make it clear its a joke, and then introduce her as our servant and most trusted companion.

I hope she doesn't castrate us.

Zeitgeist

Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Robotninja on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 pm

She'll probably just blush and maybe hit us with a hammer from nothing.

By the way. Rein. What level Runes skill would it take to create a short term Charm rune? That'll help for questioning.
What about a rune that slowly subverts loyalty? Because defeat means friendship sometimes needs a little help, at least when secret agents are involved. Creating double agents would be very helpful.

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by ReinZero on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Robotninja wrote:By the way. Rein. What level Runes skill would it take to create a short term Charm rune? That'll help for questioning.
What about a rune that slowly subverts loyalty? Because defeat means friendship sometimes needs a little help, at least when secret agents are involved. Creating double agents would be very helpful.

I'll just say... ask me that on the chatbox. Otherwise, 'no comment'.

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Robotninja on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 am

Where's the chatbox? *Is clueless*

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:20 am

The chat box is on the main page up top. It doesn't always have people but if you stick around and keep it from auto-kicing you for inactivity (I hate that) then someone'll show up.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Robotninja on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Oh well. It seems we'll have to go with standard questioning methods.
Anyways, the concubine into thing seems to have won to me.

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:54 pm

So, Rein, its been like a week...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:35 am

Rein, its been like a month...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by ReinZero on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:56 am

Have Mesei...
[x] Dynamic Entry-fu~ (Introduce her as our concubine, then make it clear its a joke, and then introduce her as our servant and most trusted companion.)

Anything you have in mind to discuss?
[x] Wait and see.

A idea slips into your mind. With all the crap that's happened in such a short period of time, why not unwind a bit. Well that and it'd help with dismissing Helen and her sister's worries.

"Oh don't worry, that's just Senka showing her love for me," you reply offhandedly.

"E-eh?! O-oh, I see...," replies Helen's sister. A bit flush in the face, say what did she assume.

"Huh?" says Helen. An entirely flat response as if not understanding your jest.

Lucia just looks at you like you're suicidal, then sighs, and shakes her head as if just going 'screw this, do whatever you want'.

You feel a glare directed at you, courtesy of one Kuromi Mesei. "Anyhow, may we please enter?"

"R-right," stammers Helen's sister for a moment as she seems to recover her composure... and completely drop her suspicions, you think anyways. "Helen, fetch the teapot please. Like I taught you."

"Yes sis," replies Helen as she scurries off to the kitchen to do so.

"Please, this way." She gestures for you to follow her inside.

Which you do of course. Though you don't get very far before you wind up sprawled across the living room floor. How do you know? Why you can clearly see the rug, the shadow of the table above, and identify a chair. No wait, that's not important.

"Eh-eh?! Wh-what are you doing?!" demands- nay, stammers- Helen's sister. Almost in comical fashion.

Damn pot shot. She wasn't trying to kill you of course, thus it didn't really hurt. You begin worming your way out from under the table while speaking loudly in turn, "Oh Senka dear here was just playing around, like usual," you declare in good humor.

The response you hear from her and Helen is simply, "Playing around?"

You manage to get out from under the table in record time! Hurray, a new record- not. Propping yourself up quickly and turning around all the same, in one practiced motion, and see Helen's sister gaping at the scene rather dumbstuck. Helen is just staring at the scene rather blankly while seemingly holding back the urge to ask just what the heck is going on.

You clear your throat, "Why please, everyone, let's be seated now- yes Helen, you can cuddle Lucia- before the round of introductions. Is that agreeable everyone?"

A chorus of agreement- except for Lucia, but she doesn't get a say in things. Not while in her wolf form anyways. Maybe even then still. She is your pet after all, so her want be damned if you don't agree. For fun and profit.

After a few moments, everyone- with Lucia cuddled by Helen- is seated around the table. Kuromi is seated to your right, and Helen across from her. Helen's sister, of course, is across from you. You can feel your right foot beginning to go numb courtesy of Mesei, though she's just smiling politely... while you keep the feeling of her retaliation off your face. "I am Celeste Everard-"

"Erm, excuse me," says the sister, politely and without stammering- for once, "but by any coincidence do you mean that Everard?"

You can obviously tell she's trying to not step on the delicate issue of offending you by any chance. "Yes, I am the only surviving member of the family-" turning your head slightly in Kuromi's direction, you notice that her smile seems much strained at your affirmation, much akin to a glass on the verge of breaking yet holding together still by sheer virtue of its design and composition, the returning feeling in your right foot further evidence of that. That expression just doesn't fit her. "-and this is my concubine, Senka Lusine."

"Eh?!" The sisters nearly fall off their seats in perfect unison.

Mesei just stares at you blankly for a few moments as she blinks, her face a slight shade of... red? Is that smoke you see? Nah, just a feeling- GHAH! Not the foot not the foot! You somehow manage to keep the pain off your face once again. By virtue of Kuromi's soft smile, even if there is also a bit of some other intention present.

"Co-con-concubine?!" stammers the elder sister. You swear you can see steam coming off her head. That and she's literally scarlet. Perverted girl.

H-hey come on Lucia, some reaction? Please?

She just looks at you for a moment before resuming feigned ignorance of the whole thing. Though you're pretty sure she's enjoying it. After all, it is at both yours and Mesei's expense. In different ways of course. Just more painful and meanfully so on your end.

"Yes that's right, isn't it dear?" says Kuromi in a rather sweet, adorable tone of voice. Not the usual, but rather blatantly piling it on.

You haven't lost yet! The pressure on your right foot increases sharply for a moment. Nevermind, it's about time to wrap up the joke. "Or so I would say if someone was proposing out of the blue. Senka is my personal maid- no, not in that way- and most trusted companion."

"Oh...." The elder sister seems rather... relieved to hear that? What.

The pain on your right foot eases up as Mesei seems rather satisfied with the joke being resolved and being properly introduce. Though she does seem to be in a much better mood than a moment ago. That is a relief though, and worth it too. But you could really do with a less... painful method. If you could work around her responses that is.

"In any event, the wolf that your sister's cuddling is my pet by the name of Lucia-" Lucia whines at her introduction. "-she's just shy about her name around strangers," you explain, "and well, its your turn then Miss...?"

"Ah, my apologies, where are my manners. I am Aria Ainsworth," replies the elder sister as she makes a half bow, nearly colliding with the table headfirst in the process. "It's a pleasure to meet you in person once more Lord Everard."

Huh. You're not sure why, but her bowing just now doesn't remotely seem normal. You'd know given what you had been forced to sit through.

Mesei blinks for a moment before settling on a concealed gesture that you recognize as meaning 'I see, so that's how it is'. Well, multiple gestures stringed together anyways.

Lucia well, you don't think she even knows what's going on. Nor cares much about it really, though probably slightly amused by Aria's near collision.

Helen though, seems to entirely not understand what's going on... but wisely keeping her mouth shut. Most likely from instruction from her sister prior.

Aria pauses for a moment in middle of the sudden silence, somehow. "Helen, please pass me the tea set- thank you." She proceeds to pour tea in two of the four cups.

Two of the cups are rather plain, seemingly for guest use while the other two are rather more personal use in design. You're not sure which is which sister's though. But of the two cups being poured tea in, only one is plain. And that is offer to Kuromi... while the other one belonging to one of the sisters, is held out to you.

"My apologizes for the lacking accommodations Lord Everard," says Aria as she bows again... while still hold out the cup to you. Somehow. "There is no excuse for such unsightly display." She actually stays in that posture still. You're pretty sure is isn't comfortable and pretty straining due to that combination of actions.

... What.

[ ] Reaction/Questions/Actions?

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Ironforge on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:29 am

[x] "Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. As I'm not really thirsty right now." As we politely decline the cup. Though make sure to be wary for other things and never fully relax so that if things go south we will be ready.
[x] "No worries there, as I did kind of drop in so you can't be blamed for that. Though what can you tell me about what happened earlier today and why your sister might have been targeted? As that is something I'm rather interested in."
avatar
Ironforge

Posts : 259
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Wing101 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:52 am

[x] "Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. As I'm not really thirsty right now." As we politely decline the cup. Though make sure to be wary for other things and never fully relax so that if things go south we will be ready.
[x] "No worries there, as I did kind of drop in so you can't be blamed for that. Though what can you tell me about what happened earlier today and why your sister might have been targeted? As that is something I'm rather interested in."
avatar
Wing101

Posts : 51
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:50 pm

The above two are fine. Thirded.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by ReinZero on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:47 am

[x] "Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. As I'm not really thirsty right now." As we politely decline the cup. Though make sure to be wary for other things and never fully relax so that if things go south we will be ready.
[x] "No worries there, as I did kind of drop in so you can't be blamed for that. Though what can you tell me about what happened earlier today and why your sister might have been targeted? As that is something I'm rather interested in."

"Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. As I'm not really thirsty right now." As you politely decline the cup, you make sure to be wary for other things and never fully relax so that if things go south you'd be ready.

You think Aria nearly slams her head against the table at your response.

Kuromi's muffled chuckling seems to affirm it.

What? Seriously, can't a man decline a drink because he isn't thirsty?

Aria places down the tea cup on the table- approximately in the same location as when held out to you- and raises her torso, bringing her forearm across her face, obstructing your view of her mouth before coughing lightly. Twice.

You think she seems visibly disappointed by your response. You're pretty sure she's just masking it through that 'cough'.

"No worries there, as I did kind of drop in so you can't be blamed for that," you say-

Mesei gives you a glance, her expression a very simple yet through and much time honed saying 'What'.

Aria blinks at your response and glances over at Kuromi then back at you.

You ignore their may accusing glances and continue with that you were saying, "Though what can you tell me about what happened earlier today and why your sister might have been targeted?"

The intent and your interest is obvious of course. Thus there's not need to state that as it only makes everyone involved seem stupid on some level, some worse than others.

"Well...," Aria sighs as if the topic is something she prefers to leave unsaid. "It's a family... dispute between my parents and my mother's side of the family."

You notice a clear disdain towards her mother's side.

"Its natural, you know how nobles here treat those of lesser status and no positions," begins Aria. "My mother's family, the 'noble' Thelin Clan"- you can practically see, figuratively, the hate in her enunciation of the term- "headed by 'Lord' Alfred Thelin didn't quite 'approve' of my mother's marriage with a commoner."

Ah, joy, a complicated family affair. The sign of a healthy noble family. At least, a typical one anyways. Which yours doesn't count as. You motion for her to continue while politely maintaining your silence. Mesei seems rather unphased by it thus far.

"Father had met my Mother while serving in the employ of the clan head... as one of her bodyguards, as per 'protection' of the second daughter- and fifth child of the Thelin Clan, of twelve," continues Aria. "Needless to say, given the first opportunity for some measure of personal freedom, Mother ran away while on a extended trip. Helpfully arranged by Father, whom Mother forced to take her with him in the first place." She chuckles a little at the last part, as if some particular detail she isn't telling due privacy and irrelevance to the situation at hand is a rather fond memory of hers.

"I see, so that explains that," muses Kuromi as she nods knowingly towards Aria before continuing in a rather serious tone, "You have my sincerest apologizes for your loss."

Aria shakes her head. "Its fine, it isn't any fault of yours. Even if it was a short coming, at least Lord Everard-" again, you notice the difference in tone she uses to address you. Its rather pleasant to hear as it lacks the edge of 'just doing my job' kind of tone, but a more... close-ish tone, "-is safe and well. Thank you for looking out for him, Miss Senka."

"Its nothing," replies Mesei. "It is only part of my duties after all, though if I could have done more at the time...."

You keep your silence as you try to piece together the information that they are rather on the same page of... that eludes you. Aria seems to pick up on your disconnect, or at least from your quietness.

"My apologizes," says Aria, bowing slightly for a moment, "I was not aware that you had not been informed of it."

"Its fine," you reply while waving off any attempts at apology or otherwise. Preemptively. "Please continue."

"Yes." She nods. "Father had previously taken employment with the then head of the Everard noble family, Lord Everard's sire and thus seeked out reemployment while taking in my Mother as well with some negotiation and dealings made to accommodate her. She was rather fine with it as she was with child- myself- at the time."

Helen, despite being quiet for the entire length of it thus far, seemed to shrink away as if feeling guilty of whats to come.

Aria's expression darkens somewhat, though maintaining a rather bitter smile. "Of course, to maintain cover, officially, my Mother was never there. And to make a more convincing case, Father took up a second wife, a long time friend of whom he was on close relations with- though more due the latter's love for him." She gestures towards Helen. "And is also Helen's mother."

"In other words, 'Ainsworth' is your father's surname, and the two of you are half sisters by blood," you surmise.

"Correct." Aria sighs before continuing, "Everything was fine for the first six years. Our mothers didn't particularly like one another, but tolerated one another for our sakes and their love for our Father. But... on the third year, reality- the Thelin Clan- caught news of my Mother and began taking measures to pressure the head of the Everard family while sending assassins to harry Helen's mother. Eventually, after a year of increasing escalations, Helen's mother... sold her out. As a result, I was taken back with my Mother to the Thelin Clan."

"Of course, she refused to comply in full even if she made a show of compliance. For my sake," continues Aria. Her tone, you note, has been increasingly... bleak. "While to them, she pretended to have learned from her runaway and became compliant, while to me, she told me of Father... sister... and of your sire. So when the Thelin Clan became embroiled in a rather violent political situation with a few other families of nobles, she took the opportunity to arrange for things so to reunite with Father. Which it lasted long enough for such while pursuit was impaired with use of rather impressive falsified deaths of myself and my Mother. I was nine at the time."

"It was at this time I first met you- no, it would be more appropriate to say, saw you, Lord Everard. But with my and my Mother being supposedly dead, being in public is simply not a thing. For the time we were together as one family... it was nice. Helen's mother had reconciled with my Mother as she had regretted her actions. But that... while it lasted, it was... wonderful." Aria's expression simply matches it. A heartwarming time... yet so fleeting... so... abruptly ended.

"The massed deaths also claimed them, correct?" you asked.

"Helen's mother wasn't so fortunate, but had managed to warn my Mother and pass along Helen to her care before her demise. My Mother, managed to get us out and to safety while fending off pursuers... but that only lasted so long. Eventually, with those unknown pursuers and Thelin hired persons, we had little left to flee to. Father had been off out on a job for your sire, thus safe and met back up with us. It was then that my Mother left to deal with 'Lord' Alfred Thelin. We never heard back from her. Though from Father's few remaining connections... he went and confirmed that indeed, she had ran afoul of the political mess that 'Lord' Alfred"- she practically spat the name with sheer venom- "had wrought upon the clan."

"Assassination?" you- and Mesei- ask in tandem.

Aria shakes her head. "Not clear. They couldn't tell whether it was or not. Just that she had put up a fight...."

She stops speaking and tries to maintain a calm expression. But you're pretty sure she's on the verge of just spilling. Kuromi's glances at you along that particular vein only confirms it.

[ ] What do you do about it?

[ ] Also, what do you do next? (Questions/Actions/etc.?)

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bearer Quest

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum