A Davion is YOU!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Davion is YOU!

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 am

drakensis wrote:Well I'm not going to force my bodyguards into that... although I may not be able to stop Melissa from inflicting it on hers.

Heh. One of them volunteers.

Yay for the beach. If the drawing up a tank didn't get me a visit to NAIS then I will pester him about that afterwards.

It's where you did the talking...

If he didn't I'd have given my notes to Katrina.

Naughty girl. Wink

Dear Missy

Having fun on New Avalon. Miss you. Have fun building a tank.

Ilysa

P.S. I'm going to try a helicopter next!

She misses you too and is going to build a Battlemech! Very Happy

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:59 am

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Well I'm not going to force my bodyguards into that... although I may not be able to stop Melissa from inflicting it on hers.
Heh. One of them volunteers.
Oh well. Designated victim. Charge!

Psyckosama wrote:
If he didn't I'd have given my notes to Katrina.
Naughty girl. Wink
I get my way. Very Happy

Psyckosama wrote:
Dear Missy

Having fun on New Avalon. Miss you. Have fun building a tank.

Ilysa

P.S. I'm going to try a helicopter next!

She misses you too and is going to build a Battlemech! Very Happy
I will confirm to her that that is pretty cool and I am suitably impressed.

I'll make a point of photographing helicopters for my new project although my trusty tape measure must wait until I get back to Skye and can find a Warrior H-7, that being about the right shape.

Do I meet anyone else of interest on New Avalon.

While talking to Dr Banzai I will mention that since a CN9-A Centurion seems to be better fighting at longer ranges and has a regrettable tendancy to have its ammunition explode, has anyone tried replacing the Luxor D-series autocannon and its ammunition with a PPC? A Ceres Arms Smasher or a Lord's Light and then expand the heatsink set up with the spare tonnage. Sort of like the AL model of the Centurion?

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 pm

drakensis wrote:
I will confirm to her that that is pretty cool and I am suitably impressed.

She claims it's going to be scarier than an Atlas!

I'll make a point of photographing helicopters for my new project although my trusty tape measure must wait until I get back to Skye and can find a Warrior H-7, that being about the right shape.

There are plenty of reference models and images about...

Possibly. Like whom?

While talking to Dr Banzai I will mention that since a CN9-A Centurion seems to be better fighting at longer ranges and has a regrettable tendancy to have its ammunition explode, has anyone tried replacing the Luxor D-series autocannon and its ammunition with a PPC? A Ceres Arms Smasher or a Lord's Light and then expand the heatsink set up with the spare tonnage. Sort of like the AL model of the Centurion?

Well, he does explain that reconfiguring a mech is a bit harder than most people let on, but it does sound interesting so he puts some NIAS mechanics on reconfiguring one of the academy mechs that they use for testing their crazy ideas.

It actually performs rather well.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeitgeist on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:42 am

Psyckosama wrote: No problem.

Thanks. I'll try to better with this one. I want you as a gm to have fun too.

Actually she already has taken you for rides and the simulators are available... still a few years too young for proper training.

The wolves start you early.

There are some perks to spending half your childhood with a bunch of mercaneries, and clanners at that. Of course, if Nicholas wants to keep his promise of killing Yurinaga ina duel, he was going to need a headstart and all the help he could get. The man will have decades of experience on him, and he started out as a great mechwarrior. That's not even getting started on the phantom mech ability, whatever that is...

Of course. Mackenzie's a bro, and Lynn and Bridget are pretty cool.

Yep. They're all like family.

All the more reason Nicholas has to use the canon knowledge of having a person from a nother dimension dropped in his head to make sure they don't die this time.

Mother approves Wink

About studying harder or taking a interest in the fall of the star league? Makes me wonder what would happen if Nicholas told her Aleksandyr Kerensky was his hero.

No, Banzai isn't your personal teacher, and both Case and Gauss Rifles are lostect. Case because of the advanced nature of the sensor systems needed to properly control and direct such a blast. It's an issue of the sensors, the proper reinforcement design, and computer simulations needed to create them. It's a bit of a bitch really.

Gauss Rifles due to some material limitations. They could theoretically build them but they'd literally have to rebuild the gun and replace the frame after every battle due to structural failures...

Thanks. Though whoever Nich's teacher is must be pretty awesome, considering he has access to a freaking railgun...

When Nicholas learned that it was not only okay to break stuff then rebuilt it, but that he was going to get a teacher just so he could do it better, he was wondering if his family was giving him his birthday presents early.

You can only break the stuff you're given... but they'll support your interests.

They must have gotten tired of him taking apart random stuff. Very Happy

They explain the Gauss Rifle and why they can't build them anymore.

They do let you play with their test rig... but explain it can't be mounted in a mech realistically because its the size of a Long Tom and weights 30 tons...

Playing with a railgun by the age of six....I guess spending half your life in the court of the most powerful family in the inner sphere also has it's perks. He had to wonder even if they couldn't put it on a mech, if it would have any use on a more stable firing platform, or would a turrent just be a waste? Nicholas has to say, he lamented the loss of technology caused by the fall of the star league and the succession wars. It seemed like the Fed Suns were doing everything they could to reverse the trend regression, though. One more reason to be proud of is country.

Your uncle does... Wink

He said that to one of the most powerful men in the Inner Sphere? Note to self...Uncle Hanse has balls of steel.

Hanse simply hugs him and tells him he'll always be there by his side when he needs him.

Nicholas couldn't ask him for a better man to prepare him for the position of FIrst Prince...or a better uncle.

He knows about the Dragoon's oddities. You'll have to press him though to let you go.

Nicholas looked up at his uncle, eyes full of determination. "Hanse, I know you're worried about but I swear i'll be fine....I just want to see my mom. Come on, Dad let mom have joint custody for a reason. If he were here, wouldn't he say I should be able to go go see her?"

Yep. So man up little man! Very Happy

Yes, Nicholas shall remember this sacrifice and make Ian proud! He'll become a example of manliness and crazy awesome that even kamina will respect!

She knows, which is why she isn't on a dropship... yet...

Nicholas is going to have to remember not to tell her Hanse might not let him see her unless he really doesn't. He's a little scared of what might happen...

I understands completely.

OOC: Six year old son finds out his father has been killed in battle, sends killer a letter that one day he's going to have his revenge. Tells mother. It's all cool. Never change, Natasha.

IC: He knew she would. He's afraid if he tells anyone they might send him to a shrink.

[quote] Yurinaga is a model samurai. You know that much.

There are those who say one is measured by the quality of his foes. If this is true, you do him great service. It was only good fortune that granted him victory over a warrior as powerful as your father, and he will aspire to remain alive long enough to face you in honorable combat as well. One of you shall find a beautiful death that day.

Nicholas might hate the combine, but he had to admit. Not every dragon is a snake.

Zeitgeist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:02 am

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I will confirm to her that that is pretty cool and I am suitably impressed.

She claims it's going to be scarier than an Atlas!
That's a high bar to set so I look forward to seeing it.

Psyckosama wrote:

There are plenty of reference models and images about...
Thee's no substitute for hands on examination, but that should let me get started.

Psyckosama wrote:

Possibly. Like whom?
Sorteks, Allards, other Davions...

Psyckosama wrote:
Well, he does explain that reconfiguring a mech is a bit harder than most people let on, but it does sound interesting so he puts some NIAS mechanics on reconfiguring one of the academy mechs that they use for testing their crazy ideas.

It actually performs rather well.
Oh I understand it's not just plug and operate (I make a note to look into that as a possibility, explaining that there would be some interesting options if a mech or tanks was set up so it _could_ be that easy).

However - pulling out diagrams - the weapon refit would be quite straightforward: an autocannon of that size takes much more space than a PPC and the additional power cables needed can run straight through the space in the shoulder used by the ammo feeds. In theory that can be done in the field. The problem would be the heatsinks: that would involve rebuilding the right arm and that side of the torso, then probably rebalancing the gyro... not quite a factory job but a fairly major modification nonetheless.

And of course this does nothing about the regrettable tendency of the missiles on the other side of the chest to explode... does the Doctor have any ideas there?

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Zeitgeist wrote:Thanks. I'll try to better with this one. I want you as a gm to have fun too.

It's fine.

There are some perks to spending half your childhood with a bunch of mercaneries, and clanners at that. Of course, if Nicholas wants to keep his promise of killing Yurinaga ina duel, he was going to need a headstart and all the help he could get. The man will have decades of experience on him, and he started out as a great mechwarrior. That's not even getting started on the phantom mech ability, whatever that is...

A yep. Keep truckin' kiddo!

All the more reason Nicholas has to use the canon knowledge of having a person from a nother dimension dropped in his head to make sure they don't die this time.

You'll have to work hard, make sure...

About studying harder or taking a interest in the fall of the star league? Makes me wonder what would happen if Nicholas told her Aleksandyr Kerensky was his hero.

Yes. :p

Thanks. Though whoever Nich's teacher is must be pretty awesome, considering he has access to a freaking railgun...

He works at NIAS...

They must have gotten tired of him taking apart random stuff. Very Happy

Very much so

Playing with a railgun by the age of six....I guess spending half your life in the court of the most powerful family in the inner sphere also has it's perks. He had to wonder even if they couldn't put it on a mech, if it would have any use on a more stable firing platform, or would a turrent just be a waste? Nicholas has to say, he lamented the loss of technology caused by the fall of the star league and the succession wars. It seemed like the Fed Suns were doing everything they could to reverse the trend regression, though. One more reason to be proud of is country.

It would be more work than its worth. Still is maintenance intensive.

And by playing I mean they let you watch them fix it (DON'T TOUCH!) and push the button a couple times...

It's fun watching it shatter an entire ton of mech grade armor per shot.

He said that to one of the most powerful men in the Inner Sphere? Note to self...Uncle Hanse has balls of steel.

He long had the official role of being the person who smacked your father up the back of the head when he made a fool of himself.

Nicholas couldn't ask him for a better man to prepare him for the position of FIrst Prince...or a better uncle.

That means more to him than you could imagine

Nicholas looked up at his uncle, eyes full of determination. "Hanse, I know you're worried about but I swear i'll be fine....I just want to see my mom. Come on, Dad let mom have joint custody for a reason. If he were here, wouldn't he say I should be able to go go see her?"

He's concerned about your safety. You need to think of some good logical arguments.

Yes, Nicholas shall remember this sacrifice and make Ian proud! He'll become a example of manliness and crazy awesome that even kamina will respect!

Just don't get yourself killed.

And who's Kamina?

Nicholas is going to have to remember not to tell her Hanse might not let him see her unless he really doesn't. He's a little scared of what might happen...

Irresistible force, meet immovable object!

OOC: Six year old son finds out his father has been killed in battle, sends killer a letter that one day he's going to have his revenge. Tells mother. It's all cool. Never change, Natasha.

Ahem... Clanner!

IC: He knew she would. He's afraid if he tells anyone they might send him to a shrink.

She'd kick the shrinks ass. Wink

Nicholas might hate the combine, but he had to admit. Not every dragon is a snake.

Just the ones who count...

drakensis wrote:
That's a high bar to set so I look forward to seeing it.

She's gonna make it awesome!

Thee's no substitute for hands on examination, but that should let me get started.

Your dad does encourage you.

[quote="Psyckosama"]

Sure. There any plenty floating around. Anyone you want to talk to?

Oh I understand it's not just plug and operate (I make a note to look into that as a possibility, explaining that there would be some interesting options if a mech or tanks was set up so it _could_ be that easy).

However - pulling out diagrams - the weapon refit would be quite straightforward: an autocannon of that size takes much more space than a PPC and the additional power cables needed can run straight through the space in the shoulder used by the ammo feeds. In theory that can be done in the field. The problem would be the heatsinks: that would involve rebuilding the right arm and that side of the torso, then probably rebalancing the gyro... not quite a factory job but a fairly major modification nonetheless.

And of course this does nothing about the regrettable tendency of the missiles on the other side of the chest to explode... does the Doctor have any ideas there?

While you're there they do the refit, and sadly they run into an issue similar to that of the PPC on the Zeus. The Power cables in the left arm aren't designed to carry the energy load of a PPC and tend to heat up something fierce with extended use, which not only causes additional heat but can cause damage to the shoulder joint with extended use.

It was a good idea, but with today's technology, they'd have to actually redesign the entire arm to allow for it.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:That's a high bar to set so I look forward to seeing it.
She's gonna make it awesome!
I shall have to show her my notes on the difficulty with the Centurion arms and PPCs next time I see her.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Thee's no substitute for hands on examination, but that should let me get started.

Your dad does encourage you.
Is he pushing for any particular plans for me at this point?

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Do I meet anyone else of interest on New Avalon.

Sure. There any plenty floating around. Anyone you want to talk to?[/quote]
Mostly touching base, making sure that I know who people are.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Oh I understand it's not just plug and operate (I make a note to look into that as a possibility, explaining that there would be some interesting options if a mech or tanks was set up so it _could_ be that easy).

While you're there they do the refit, and sadly they run into an issue similar to that of the PPC on the Zeus. The Power cables in the left arm aren't designed to carry the energy load of a PPC and tend to heat up something fierce with extended use, which not only causes additional heat but can cause damage to the shoulder joint with extended use.

It was a good idea, but with today's technology, they'd have to actually redesign the entire arm to allow for it.
Yeah, I thought the heatsinks would be a problem. It'd probably ease the gyro issues to put heatsinks in the arm to deal with the problem but the interior isn't the right shape for it. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

I'll look into tactical and strategic simulation software. I imagine there must be some pretty good ones in use at the Academies (not sure what the computer game market would be like).

Also explore Avalon City as much as I'm allowed. It's supposed to be pretty impressive.

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:14 am

drakensis wrote:
I shall have to show her my notes on the difficulty with the Centurion arms and PPCs next time I see her.

Okay.

Is he pushing for any particular plans for me at this point?

You're only 10...

He joked he's not going to introduce you to boys until you're old enough to appreciate it. :p

Mostly touching base, making sure that I know who people are.

You're quite the little darling, though some resent you just a bit, but they hide it well. Main reason for that being, simply put, how damned inconvenient the circumstances of your birth was. Still, they don't blame you... Hanse maybe. Wink

Psyckosama wrote:Yeah, I thought the heatsinks would be a problem. It'd probably ease the gyro issues to put heatsinks in the arm to deal with the problem but the interior isn't the right shape for it. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Less the heat sinks and more the shoulder design and wiring to be honest, but yes, it is problematic.

I'll look into tactical and strategic simulation software. I imagine there must be some pretty good ones in use at the Academies (not sure what the computer game market would be like).

Tons. And you can play with the copy in daddy's warroom under supervision.

Also explore Avalon City as much as I'm allowed. It's supposed to be pretty impressive.

It is... and you're allowed to explore a number of authorized areas under heavy guard Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:50 am

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Is he pushing for any particular plans for me at this point?
You're only 10...
I was thinking more from an education point of view. Ten is usually where education starts to build up towards preparing for a University or Academy (at least in this era).

Psyckosama wrote:He joked he's not going to introduce you to boys until you're old enough to appreciate it. :p
"Isn't that what got you and mother into trouble? I think I can wait."

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Mostly touching base, making sure that I know who people are.
You're quite the little darling, though some resent you just a bit, but they hide it well. Main reason for that being, simply put, how damned inconvenient the circumstances of your birth was. Still, they don't blame you... Hanse maybe. Wink
I agree that it is problematic.

To the extent Free Skye comes up I don't see that Skye would be less unhappy as part of the Federated Suns than it is as part of the Lyran Commonwealth. and if Skye were to become independent I think they'd be very unhappy indeed as a conquered province of the Draconis Combine or the Free Worlds League - or torn between the two - which is what would naturally follow. I'm ten and even I can look at a map and see that both of them are much bigger than Skye.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I'll look into tactical and strategic simulation software. I imagine there must be some pretty good ones in use at the Academies (not sure what the computer game market would be like).
Tons. And you can play with the copy in daddy's warroom under supervision.
I shall do so, settling after a while towards the strategic - and more importantly to me, the logistical - scenarios of launching serious heavyweight campaigns against parts of the Draconis Combine and Capellan Confederation. Of particular interest would be the Ronel Thumb, the Teng Thumb, Tikonov, pushing towards Iruzun (and swiping everything rimwards of it) and finally a pincer movement on Dieron district with LCAF forces forming the other pincer. I'm sure these have been extensively wargamed by the AFFS already so there should have been data.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Also explore Avalon City as much as I'm allowed. It's supposed to be pretty impressive.
It is... and you're allowed to explore a number of authorized areas under heavy guard Wink
Honestly I'm more interested in the tourist attractions (being all of ten) but for me that would include things like the factories. Oh, and I'll hit lots of bookstores.

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:24 pm

drakensis wrote:
I was thinking more from an education point of view. Ten is usually where education starts to build up towards preparing for a University or Academy (at least in this era).

NIAS, where else?

Your mother reluctantly agrees as it is pretty much one of THE flagship schools in the IS and your father pretty much founded it. Would look bad if you didn't.

"Isn't that what got you and mother into trouble? I think I can wait."

"I'm wounded really... but," and he smiles. "But I'm making sure you take the proper contraceptives when you come of age, just in case..."

I agree that it is problematic.

But could be much worse.

To the extent Free Skye comes up I don't see that Skye would be less unhappy as part of the Federated Suns than it is as part of the Lyran Commonwealth. and if Skye were to become independent I think they'd be very unhappy indeed as a conquered province of the Draconis Combine or the Free Worlds League - or torn between the two - which is what would naturally follow. I'm ten and even I can look at a map and see that both of them are much bigger than Skye.

There's a reason why your mother and grandfather don't subscribe to the Free Skye dogma. They can see it as being as idiotic at it truly is.

I shall do so, settling after a while towards the strategic - and more importantly to me, the logistical - scenarios of launching serious heavyweight campaigns against parts of the Draconis Combine and Capellan Confederation. Of particular interest would be the Ronel Thumb, the Teng Thumb, Tikonov, pushing towards Iruzun (and swiping everything rimwards of it) and finally a pincer movement on Dieron district with LCAF forces forming the other pincer. I'm sure these have been extensively wargamed by the AFFS already so there should have been data.

Problem is all of them result in your foes falling on your flanks if you use enough force to make it matter. The Stalemate is nasty.

Honestly I'm more interested in the tourist attractions (being all of ten) but for me that would include things like the factories. Oh, and I'll hit lots of bookstores.

All of them are shown.

Anything you want to do in NA before heading back to the Lyran Commonwealth?

And start posting your name and year please.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Ilysa Aten-Davion, 3018?
Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I was thinking more from an education point of view. Ten is usually where education starts to build up towards preparing for a University or Academy (at least in this era).
NIAS, where else?

Your mother reluctantly agrees as it is pretty much one of THE flagship schools in the IS and your father pretty much founded it. Would look bad if you didn't.
And after that I'd pretty much have to spend five years in the AFFS or step aside from the succession to the Federated Suns.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:"Isn't that what got you and mother into trouble? I think I can wait."

"I'm wounded really... but," and he smiles. "But I'm making sure you take the proper contraceptives when you come of age, just in case..."
"I don't think it's very likely to be necessary but I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry."

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:To the extent Free Skye comes up I don't see that Skye would be less unhappy as part of the Federated Suns than it is as part of the Lyran Commonwealth. and if Skye were to become independent I think they'd be very unhappy indeed as a conquered province of the Draconis Combine or the Free Worlds League - or torn between the two - which is what would naturally follow. I'm ten and even I can look at a map and see that both of them are much bigger than Skye.
There's a reason why your mother and grandfather don't subscribe to the Free Skye dogma. They can see it as being as idiotic at it truly is.
Whereas for certain other persons who shall remain unnamed, it's useful to mouth the dogma as a stepping stone to rally support towards other political goals.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I shall do so, settling after a while towards the strategic - and more importantly to me, the logistical - scenarios of launching serious heavyweight campaigns against parts of the Draconis Combine and Capellan Confederation. Of particular interest would be the Ronel Thumb, the Teng Thumb, Tikonov, pushing towards Iruzun (and swiping everything rimwards of it) and finally a pincer movement on Dieron district with LCAF forces forming the other pincer. I'm sure these have been extensively wargamed by the AFFS already so there should have been data.

Problem is all of them result in your foes falling on your flanks if you use enough force to make it matter. The Stalemate is nasty.
Yes. So even with two successor states working together, unless they already share a border, there's a limit to what can be spared for offensive actions. If two states worked together within that limit they might make some modest progress but once that was noticed it might lead to an alliance against them...

Very troubling. It does tend to support the general process of slow attrition as being the only effective means of neutralising a neighbour but at this rate it'll take centuries more for even one state to be out of the Succession Wars.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Honestly I'm more interested in the tourist attractions (being all of ten) but for me that would include things like the factories. Oh, and I'll hit lots of bookstores.
All of them are shown.

Anything you want to do in NA before heading back to the Lyran Commonwealth?
That's about it at the moment.

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeitgeist on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

A yep. Keep truckin' kiddo!

When he gets back to the goons he's going to have too spend more time in the sims.

You'll have to work hard, make sure...

Yep, especially given he's going to have to do so before he enters the teens....and Anton Marik is a very craft man.

Yes. :p

Nich is going to have put that on his to do list, right in front of asking mom if there related since she has the same last name as the famous star league general.

He works at NIAS...

He must be a very accomplished man then. I hope he doesn't take offense to having to teach a six year old, genius and heir to the throne notwithstanding, when he could be working on some great innovation.

Very much so

Well, it's hard to blame them.

It would be more work than its worth. Still is maintenance intensive.

And by playing I mean they let you watch them fix it (DON'T TOUCH!) and push the button a couple times...

It's fun watching it shatter an entire ton of mech grade armor per shot.

Oh yes. There's nothing better then watching a hypervelocity projectile shattering the armor of a warmachine like it's a piece of glass. Ah, the wonders and glories of SCIENCE!

He long had the official role of being the person who smacked your father up the back of the head when he made a fool of himself.

No wonder the man perferred the art of war to statecraft. With Hanse to point out his mistakes if he stayed at court he was liable to get a concussion. I suppose once Nicholas takes the throne he's liable to retake the position....

That means more to him than you could imagine

Sad

He's concerned about your safety. You need to think of some good logical arguments.

Nicholas gave a deep sigh and began to colllect his thoughts, knowing that it was going to be a uphill battle attempting to convince his uncle to allow him to go back to of a mercenary unit of all units even if said unit had his mother who had custody of him. As always, attempting to bend the facts to construct your arguement wasn't easy, but this was important. They did say he might be a genius. Perhaps it was time to earn the appellation. "All right uncle, all right. I under stand that you're worried about me, and I can't fault you for it."

His first thought was too attempt to portray a attack on his life as a worthless, even counterproductive notion by the enemies of the Federated Suns. Surely no one thought of his life as a great asset to the nation, and his death would only thrust Hanse into a more permanent position of leadership. Surely any enemy of the Suns would rather the position of First Prince fall to him in some years rather then his uncle, who is already seen as a exceptional statesmen and a careful manipulator. Not to mention assinating him while he was the group would draw the ire of not only the most militarily powerful nation in the inner sphere, but that of the famed Wolf Dragoons as well? The young boy could tell that it was a flawed arguement however. His uncle would never be swayed by appeals to his own ego, and this did not discount the idea that someone who wished to help the feddies may decide to try too kill him for those very reasons. Not to mention that they may very well just try to capture him...

"Surely Uncle, you don't doubt my safety among the ranks of the Wolf's Dragoons. I assure you they are as well trained as any of our houses best units, and that is saying something, not to mention the astonishing quality of the equipment they possess. Nor would I presume that you find the attachment of Davion Heavy Guards lacking in there ability to protect me, nor in there loyalty of the suns. But I digress....I know you can't expect me too stay within the bounds of new avalon till my days end, nor would you think that somehow me age would make much of a difference to the danger of the depridations of the enemies of our house compared to circumstance and the skill of my protectors." He said, purposefully failing to note the role of personal skill may provide, for now was not to the time to talk of such things and it may hrt his arguement. "Nor would I be arrogant enough to think you needed to be reminded that New Avalon is not some impentrable forteress, where a assassian dare not tread. However, I would be distressed if you didn't note the advantages of me being with the Dragoons at appropriate times. What better chance would I get to build up a rapport with the scions of other houses then while being with the Dragoons while they are within saids houses employ? Perhaps the Marik or the Steiners? Surely you can see the benefit of allowing me personally to get to know, and perhaps endear myself to my future enemies....or allies, as the case may be, in the game of thrones"

Just don't get yourself killed.

Good advice.

And who's Kamina?.

"Just some character on a tv show I really like..." He saids, putting out a order for orange colowered sunglasses.

Irresistible force, meet immovable object!

The most crazy awesome mechwarrior there ever was versus the 31st century version of Machiavelli. Oh the humanity....

Ahem... Clanner!

She'd kick the shrinks ass. Wink

OOC: Clanner moms are awesome. Very Happy

IC: Merc moms are awesome. Very Happy

Just the ones who count...

Thus there will never peace among the stars, as long as the combine stands uncowed, unbroken, or unopposed....and Nicholas had very little faith in the former, and no intentions to see the latter happpen.

Edit: OOC: Done, feel free to reply when you get a chance Psycko.

Zeitgeist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 pm

drakensis wrote:And after that I'd pretty much have to spend five years in the AFFS or step aside from the succession to the Federated Suns.

Yep. Your Uncle Micheal is rather spirited about you taking the path of the peacemaker... :p

"I don't think it's very likely to be necessary but I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry."

Yes. Safe. Very safe.

Whereas for certain other persons who shall remain unnamed, it's useful to mouth the dogma as a stepping stone to rally support towards other political goals.

Pretty much. Smile

Worst thing that could happen to Free Skye is a Free Skye.

Yes. So even with two successor states working together, unless they already share a border, there's a limit to what can be spared for offensive actions. If two states worked together within that limit they might make some modest progress but once that was noticed it might lead to an alliance against them...

And to make matters worse, your very existence encourages the belief of such an alliance between the Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth in some circles...

Very troubling. It does tend to support the general process of slow attrition as being the only effective means of neutralising a neighbour but at this rate it'll take centuries more for even one state to be out of the Succession Wars.

Very much so. Which is something that has long infuriated everyone.

That's about it at the moment.

Hanse has one of the early test-prototypes of your tank sent with you as well. It still has some bugs to work out but all in all its a solid and reliable prototype vehicle that is very much built in the Lyran mold.

Your arrival is met with some fanfare as to be expected. Your mother smothers you with affection as to be expected and your grandfather is rather impressed by the tank. As is a representative that Katrina sent to look over it.

Since you have the right to produce it, she's taken some interest in your little project. She wants to see how it turns out... the man's a middle level TharHes exec with engineering cred sent to examine the prototype and the specs.

You have a feeling he's not taking you entirely seriously though.

Zeitgeist wrote:When he gets back to the goons he's going to have too spend more time in the sims.

Why wait?

Yep, especially given he's going to have to do so before he enters the teens....and Anton Marik is a very craft man.

Um, its is the teens... double check the year.

Nich is going to have put that on his to do list, right in front of asking mom if there related since she has the same last name as the famous star league general.

She tells you that all of the Dragoons idolize him Wink

He must be a very accomplished man then. I hope he doesn't take offense to having to teach a six year old, genius and heir to the throne notwithstanding, when he could be working on some great innovation.

You're a smart kid and he finds your sense of wonder refreshing, along with the fact that you actually pay attention!!!!!

Unlike most graduate students...

[quote] Oh yes. There's nothing better then watching a hypervelocity projectile shattering the armor of a warmachine like it's a piece of glass. Ah, the wonders and glories of SCIENCE!

Very Happy

No wonder the man perferred the art of war to statecraft. With Hanse to point out his mistakes if he stayed at court he was liable to get a concussion. I suppose once Nicholas takes the throne he's liable to retake the position....

Yes, he jests, why would he want to be the one standing up front dodging the sniper bullets when he can stand behind you, gently pointing you in the direction he wants and running the nation by default, safe and out of sight where he can do what the hell he wants without being directly accountable to the public for every breath he takes...

Wait, did I say that out loud? Wink

Nicholas gave a deep sigh and began to colllect his thoughts, knowing that it was going to be a uphill battle attempting to convince his uncle to allow him to go back to of a mercenary unit of all units even if said unit had his mother who had custody of him. As always, attempting to bend the facts to construct your arguement wasn't easy, but this was important. They did say he might be a genius. Perhaps it was time to earn the appellation. "All right uncle, all right. I under stand that you're worried about me, and I can't fault you for it."

His first thought was too attempt to portray a attack on his life as a worthless, even counterproductive notion by the enemies of the Federated Suns. Surely no one thought of his life as a great asset to the nation, and his death would only thrust Hanse into a more permanent position of leadership. Surely any enemy of the Suns would rather the position of First Prince fall to him in some years rather then his uncle, who is already seen as a exceptional statesmen and a careful manipulator. Not to mention assinating him while he was the group would draw the ire of not only the most militarily powerful nation in the inner sphere, but that of the famed Wolf Dragoons as well? The young boy could tell that it was a flawed arguement however. His uncle would never be swayed by appeals to his own ego, and this did not discount the idea that someone who wished to help the feddies may decide to try too kill him for those very reasons. Not to mention that they may very well just try to capture him...

"Surely Uncle, you don't doubt my safety among the ranks of the Wolf's Dragoons. I assure you they are as well trained as any of our houses best units, and that is saying something, not to mention the astonishing quality of the equipment they possess. Nor would I presume that you find the attachment of Davion Heavy Guards lacking in there ability to protect me, nor in there loyalty of the suns. But I digress....I know you can't expect me too stay within the bounds of new avalon till my days end, nor would you think that somehow me age would make much of a difference to the danger of the depridations of the enemies of our house compared to circumstance and the skill of my protectors." He said, purposefully failing to note the role of personal skill may provide, for now was not to the time to talk of such things and it may hrt his arguement. "Nor would I be arrogant enough to think you needed to be reminded that New Avalon is not some impentrable forteress, where a assassian dare not tread. However, I would be distressed if you didn't note the advantages of me being with the Dragoons at appropriate times. What better chance would I get to build up a rapport with the scions of other houses then while being with the Dragoons while they are within saids houses employ? Perhaps the Marik or the Steiners? Surely you can see the benefit of allowing me personally to get to know, and perhaps endear myself to my future enemies....or allies, as the case may be, in the game of thrones"

Problem is they're currently in house LIAO's employ. He trusts Max Liao about as far as he can throw him.

And you've met Max Liao in person. He's a very very creepy man...

That said, he does admit that he might be a bit paranoid, but goddamn it, that's his job!

That said you do eventually get him to crack. It takes tears. Tears always work.

That said he does say he's modifying your bodyguard a bit... but doesn't say how.

"Just some character on a tv show I really like..." He saids, putting out a order for orange colowered sunglasses.

You manage to find a manufacturer...

The most crazy awesome mechwarrior there ever was versus the 31st century version of Machiavelli. Oh the humanity....

Now try and get them to work together! Very Happy

[quote]OOC: Clanner moms are awesome. Very Happy

[quote]

"And don't forget it, brat!"

Thus there will never peace among the stars, as long as the combine stands uncowed, unbroken, or unopposed....and Nicholas had very little faith in the former, and no intentions to see the latter happpen.

Edit: OOC: Done, feel free to reply when you get a chance Psycko.

Very true.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:And after that I'd pretty much have to spend five years in the AFFS or step aside from the succession to the Federated Suns.
Yep. Your Uncle Micheal is rather spirited about you taking the path of the peacemaker... :p
"Si vis pacem, para bellum, Uncle."

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Yes. So even with two successor states working together, unless they already share a border, there's a limit to what can be spared for offensive actions. If two states worked together within that limit they might make some modest progress but once that was noticed it might lead to an alliance against them...
And to make matters worse, your very existence encourages the belief of such an alliance between the Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth in some circles...
All the problems and none of the advantages.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Very troubling. It does tend to support the general process of slow attrition as being the only effective means of neutralising a neighbour but at this rate it'll take centuries more for even one state to be out of the Succession Wars.
Very much so. Which is something that has long infuriated everyone.
Then we need something we can use to break the stalemate. I shall consider options for this.

Psyckosama wrote:Hanse has one of the early test-prototypes of your tank sent with you as well. It still has some bugs to work out but all in all its a solid and reliable prototype vehicle that is very much built in the Lyran mold.

Your arrival is met with some fanfare as to be expected. Your mother smothers you with affection as to be expected and your grandfather is rather impressed by the tank. As is a representative that Katrina sent to look over it.

Since you have the right to produce it, she's taken some interest in your little project. She wants to see how it turns out... the man's a middle level TharHes exec with engineering cred sent to examine the prototype and the specs.

You have a feeling he's not taking you entirely seriously though.
I'd be astonished if he did take me seriously, given my age and connections.

I shall attempt to intrigue him in the technical issues "How can this be improved for ease of production." and in drawing up a business plan to sell them. I'm very interested in the success that has been had selling tanks and even blue-navy ships in kit form to be assembled at their destination since this reduces the expense of assembly by the manufacturer...

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 pm

drakensis wrote:"Si vis pacem, para bellum, Uncle."

You're a bit young to be quoting the romans at him...

All the problems and none of the advantages.

Exactly.

Then we need something we can use to break the stalemate. I shall consider options for this.

If you come up with one, let daddy know...

I'd be astonished if he did take me seriously, given my age and connections.

That said, once he sees it he is astonished at how un-horrible it is, even more so once you let him know how much you were actually involved in the engineering process (IE at all)

He lets slip that Melissa's design is nothing more than a body kit for the Banshee and the fact is he expects that a small run, no more than 10 max, will be converted and probably assigned to the capitol to placate the girl's... frankly he thinks its a bit ridiculous.

I shall attempt to intrigue him in the technical issues "How can this be improved for ease of production." and in drawing up a business plan to sell them. I'm very interested in the success that has been had selling tanks and even blue-navy ships in kit form to be assembled at their destination since this reduces the expense of assembly by the manufacturer...

Did I mention he's astonished? He means no offense, but he thinks you're wasted on the Davions and would do much better inheriting the Federation of Skye. You have a Lyran head on your shoulders.

Not that you're officially in the line for either at the moment, though there is a strong belief in most circles that should something happen to your father you will be named as his primary heir.

In general though, your concepts and NAIS's engineers have created an admittedly mostly unexceptional but still entirely workable design that he can see a number of entirely practical uses for...

Though off the top of his head he'd suggest downgrading the SRM racks to 4-shots, freeing up room for a second missile bin, and throwing on another ton of armor to make up the mass difference. This would make it better protected, allow it to make use of specialty ammunition, and it opens up room for an LRM model....

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeitgeist on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Nicholas Davion 3014

Zeitgeist wrote:When he gets back to the goons he's going to have too spend more time in the sims.

Good point. he's the crown prince, who's going to stop him? Well, except for maybe uncle Hanse or Grandma....Well, once he's got the basics down Nicholas may start working on piloting a mech and fighting with a few handicaps like say, reversed controls, or something rediculous like not being able to target the enemy's battlemech...

I'm talking about when he becomes a teenager. He's only six.
She tells you that all of the Dragoons idolize him Wink

He always did wonder though, if the man loved the star league, why he chose to leave it....

You're a smart kid and he finds your sense of wonder refreshing, along with the fact that you actually pay attention!!!!!

Unlike most graduate students...

Well, he's glad that he's not wasting the man's time. Besides, how could he not pay attention when he was learning about how the world around him works and the tools that made life in the inner sphere possible.

Yes, he jests, why would he want to be the one standing up front dodging the sniper bullets when he can stand behind you, gently pointing you in the direction he wants and running the nation by default, safe and out of sight where he can do what the hell he wants without being directly accountable to the public for every breath he takes...

Wait, did I say that out loud? Wink

Ah yes, all of the power, none of the danger nor accountability. Ah, to be the power behind the throne...but Nicholas was content with the position of exalted leader, and all that entailed. All the hatred for the failures and the sniper bullets....and all the glories and adulations from success.

Problem is they're currently in house LIAO's employ. He trusts Max Liao about as far as he can throw him.

And you've met Max Liao in person. He's a very very creepy man...

That said, he does admit that he might be a bit paranoid, but goddamn it, that's his job!

That said you do eventually get him to crack. It takes tears. Tears always work.

That said he does say he's modifying your bodyguard a bit... but doesn't say how.

Well, it's not like he blame Hanse's that much. He wouldn't trust Mad Max as far as he could throw him....though he was glad to get back to the goons. Of course, said modification to his bodyguard did make him curious. Some new commanding officer, spies, some wodnerous new piece of technology to give to his bodyguards? the possibilities were endless...

Now try and get them to work together! Very Happy

A bit easier said then done.

OOC: Clanner moms are awesome. Very Happy

"Wouldn't think of it, mom."

Zeitgeist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Let's see what rolls I get.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:29 pm

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd6' : 1, 5, 6, 4

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Psyckosa wrote:The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dices roll

Hmmm... give me one more D6 please!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Psyckosa wrote:The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dices roll

Hmmm... give me one more D6 please!

Got it.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:33 pm

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd6' : 6

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:38 pm

You know, I'll give you a choice... boy or girl?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

You know, I'll give you a choice... boy or girl?

Boy please. Smile

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 pm

You are the product of one of the late Tormax Liao's more half-baked schemes. You are the bastard son of Andrew Davion and Merissa Ling, a deep cover agent of the Capallan Maskirovka.

Your mother was ordered to infiltrate the Federated Suns and become impregnated by the First Prince to create a succession crisis by giving the Capallans their own private heir to the throne.

It's a plot that was considered a bit mad even by the dubious standards of his son, Maximilian, whom if he'd known about it, would have ordered it canceled immediately. Sadly the operation had been ordered right before the coup that lead to his rise to power and was lost in the paperwork of the transition of power...

Meanwhile, your mother managed to infiltrate the Federated Suns and after half a decade of effort managed to seduce after becoming a chamber maid at one of House Davion's many palaces.

After confirming her pregnancy she returned to the Confederation as per her orders. Needless to say, Max was a bit put off by the entire affair and found you to be more of a liability than an asset.

Still, he could find use of you in the future, so he didn't have you and your mother killed right away.

As you could expect of a woman who spent 5 years infiltrating an enemy state for the sole objective of bearing the child of an enemy, she felt extremely betrayed. And, as you could expect of a woman capable enough to infiltrate the bedroom of the First Prince of the Federated Suns without being found out, she was no fool and had a couple tricks of her own...

She was able to get news of your existence to the Federated Suns, and your elder brother Ian it seems was less than amused by the entire situation.

And by less than amused I mean apocalyptic pissed off beyond all rhyme and reason. It was only Hanse who kept him from personally riding to the rescue/to kick Max's face in with half the AFFS at his back.

You and your mother were however neatly extracted 2 months later in an operation that coincided with a massive set of highly agressive raids across the Capallan frontier, including a full multi-regimental assault on Menke lead by Ian himself that severely damaged the Starcorps production faculties on the planet, decimated 2 full regiments of McCarron's Armored Calvary, and cost of the life of Castor McCarron himself.

Your family relations are strained. Your elder brother has recognized you as his sibling and as such you technically are in line for the throne, the conditions of your birth make it unlikely.

Still, Ian and Hanse both care for you deeply as you are their brother no matter what. That said, both are questioning of your mother who is very much the stereotypical capallan seductress, and while her contacts and aid in digging out literally hundreds of Mask agents within the suns earned her keep, they still don't trust her at all...

That said, she does love you deeply, but also sees you as a tool for her own ends... in standard capallan fashion.

It is 3008. You are 10 years old.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You are the product of one of the late Tormax Liao's more half-baked schemes. You are the bastard son of Andrew Davion and Merissa Ling, a deep cover agent of the Capallan Maskirovka.

Your mother was ordered to infiltrate the Federated Suns and become impregnated by the First Prince to create a succession crisis by giving the Capallans their own private heir to the throne.

It's a plot that was considered a bit mad even by the dubious standards of his son, Maximilian, whom if he'd known about it, would have ordered it canceled immediately. Sadly the operation had been ordered right before the coup that lead to his rise to power and was lost in the paperwork of the transition of power...

Meanwhile, your mother managed to infiltrate the Federated Suns and after half a decade of effort managed to seduce after becoming a chamber maid at one of House Davion's many palaces.

After confirming her pregnancy she returned to the Confederation as per her orders. Needless to say, Max was a bit put off by the entire affair and found you to be more of a liability than an asset.

Still, he could find use of you in the future, so he didn't have you and your mother killed right away.

As you could expect of a woman who spent 5 years infiltrating an enemy state for the sole objective of bearing the child of an enemy, she felt extremely betrayed. And, as you could expect of a woman capable enough to infiltrate the bedroom of the First Prince of the Federated Suns without being found out, she was no fool and had a couple tricks of her own...

She was able to get news of your existence to the Federated Suns, and your elder brother Ian it seems was less than amused by the entire situation.

And by less than amused I mean apocalyptic pissed off beyond all rhyme and reason. It was only Hanse who kept him from personally riding to the rescue/to kick Max's face in with half the AFFS at his back.

You and your mother were however neatly extracted 2 months later in an operation that con-insided with a massive set of highly agressive raids across the Capallan frontier, including a full multi-regimental assault on Menke lead by Ian himself that severely damaged the Starcorps production faculties on the planet, decimated 2 full regiments of McCarron's Armored Calvary, and cost of the life of Castor McCarron himself.

Your family relations are strained. Your elder brother has recognized you as his sibling and as such you technically are in line for the throne, the conditions of your birth make it unlikely.

Still, Ian and Hanse both care for you deeply as you are their brother no matter what. That said, both are questioning of your mother who is very much the stereotypical capallan seductress, and while her contacts and aid in digging out literally hundreds of Mask agents within the suns earned her keep, they still don't trust her at all...

That said, she does love you deeply, but also sees you as a tool for her own ends... in standard capallan fashion.

It is 3008. You are 10 years old.

An... interesting, background.

Hm, let's see:

Though he was conceived as a tool to harm the Federated Suns by the previous and even more mad then present ruler of the Cappellan Confederation, Elias Davion has been accepted fully by Hanse and Ian Davion, his older half siblings dotes on him and does their best to spoil him while he's still a kid. But there are always whispers in the background, grumbling and doubts by the nobility about his origin and his mother. Though many try their best to shield him from those whispers, even though he's a kid he is perceptive, he damn well knows things are off. Children of other nobles also picked up on some of the concealed hostility, mirroring it in their own way. Elias has few true friends amongst the other children of the nobility, but to him, a few truly good friends are better then a multitude of sycophants.

Even for a Davion, Elias has a high amount of security, as there are fears that Liao may try to eliminate him to rid themselves of a embarrassment or try to kidnap him.

Elias Davion has inherited much more of his father's appearance then his mother's, resembling him when he was a kid greatly. True to the Davion line, Elias has shown the beginnings of a talent for piloting mechs, whether this will grow into a full blown giftedness, only time will tell.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 pm

Zeitgeist wrote:Good point. he's the crown prince, who's going to stop him? Well, except for maybe uncle Hanse or Grandma....Well, once he's got the basics down Nicholas may start working on piloting a mech and fighting with a few handicaps like say, reversed controls, or something rediculous like not being able to target the enemy's battlemech...

The overseeing officers think you're a weird one alright... that said, you're sure as hell your parent's child.

One of the overseers says, and not entirely in just, that at age 6 you're already a fair better pilot than many of the militia mechwarriors he's had the misfortune of working with over the years...

He always did wonder though, if the man loved the star league, why he chose to leave it....

To save what he could... she guesses...

Well, he's glad that he's not wasting the man's time. Besides, how could he not pay attention when he was learning about how the world around him works and the tools that made life in the inner sphere possible.

They're a bunch of... he looks at your bodyguard... many words I can't say in your presence.

Ah yes, all of the power, none of the danger nor accountability. Ah, to be the power behind the throne...but Nicholas was content with the position of exalted leader, and all that entailed. All the hatred for the failures and the sniper bullets....and all the glories and adulations from success.

He laughs and ruffles your hair.

All he's ever wanted was the best for his country. You're welcome to the glories and adulation from success. He'll be happy to be standing at your back, giving you all the strength and support he can offer.

He loves you, kid and don't you EVER forget it.

Well, it's not like he blame Hanse's that much. He wouldn't trust Mad Max as far as he could throw him....though he was glad to get back to the goons. Of course, said modification to his bodyguard did make him curious. Some new commanding officer, spies, some wodnerous new piece of technology to give to his bodyguards? the possibilities were endless...

He doesn't say... but you get the feeling he's probably fitting it out with a significant amount of intelligence personal and black bag operatives. The kind of very scary people who will hppily murder the shit out of anyone who even looks at you funny.

Speaking of mom, its 3015 before you see her again, just after the Goons were given to Anton Marik.

Last edited by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Aceraptor wrote:Though he was conceived as a tool to harm the Federated Suns by the previous and even more mad then present ruler of the Cappellan Confederation, Elias Davion has been accepted fully by Hanse and Ian Davion, his older half siblings dotes on him and does their best to spoil him while he's still a kid. But there are always whispers in the background, grumbling and doubts by the nobility about his origin and his mother. Though many try their best to shield him from those whispers, even though he's a kid he is perceptive, he damn well knows things are off. Children of other nobles also picked up on some of the concealed hostility, mirroring it in their own way.

They know this too. Hanse especially has taken a shine to him as they're both very good at seeing underneath the underneath so to say...

Elias has few true friends amongst the other children of the nobility, but to him, a few truly good friends are better then a multitude of sycophants.

Sadly though there are a number of boot-licks.

Even for a Davion, Elias has a high amount of security, as there are fears that Liao may try to eliminate him to rid themselves of a embarrassment or try to kidnap him.

Yes, not to mention his mother who protects him like an overprotective mother bear.

Elias Davion has inherited much more of his father's appearance then his mother's, resembling him greatly. True to the Davion line, Elias has shown the beginnings of a talent for piloting mechs, whether this will grow into a full blown giftedness, only time will tell.

For the most part his face is almost a model of his father, but his dark features and almond shaped eyes are a dead give away to his mothers Asiatic origins.

Ian does encourage his training with 'mechs even to the point of allowing him to begin light training early...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeitgeist on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Nicholas Davion, Early 3015, New Delos

Psyckosama wrote:The overseeing officers think you're a weird one alright... that said, you're sure as hell your parent's child.

Better to be prepared then normal. Who knows what one could find out on the field...

One of the overseers says, and not entirely in just, that at age 6 you're already a fair better pilot than many of the militia mechwarriors he's had the misfortune of working with over the years...

While Nicholas is ecstatic about the praise, he's not sure whether he should feel good that he's better then pilots many years his senior at a age when he should just be learning to read, or be deeply worried about the state of the Federated Suns militia.

To save what he could... she guesses...

Sometimes he wonders if, with so much of the SLDF ready to follow him beyond settled space, if he could have saved more? Then again, if he could....he would have, right? Nich uncharistically shurgs, going back to wondering if someday the descedents of those soldiers who left really would come back to the inner sphere or if they were lost to the void.

They're a bunch of... he looks at your bodyguard... many words I can't say in your presence.

Nicholas looks confused for a few moments, and then gives a heavy sigh as he looks to his bodyguards. "Ah man. People are always saying that....is everyone trying to keep secrets from me?"

He laughs and ruffles your hair.

All he's ever wanted was the best for his country. You're welcome to the glories and adulation from success. He'll be happy to be standing at your back, giving you all the strength and support he can offer.

He loves you, kid and don't you EVER forget it.

He knows, and he loves his uncle too.

With his help, he was going to be able to create a nation where people are safe, free, and happy. A place with strengths of arms, the wealth of kings, and a drive to learn, to improve.

One day, people will say the suns were going outshine even the hegemony of terra in it's heyday.

He doesn't say... but you get the feeling he's probably fitting it out with a significant amount of intelligence personal and black bag operatives. The kind of very scary people who will hppily murder the shit out of anyone who even looks at you funny.

Nicholas doesn't want to sound like he's scared, but secretly he very relieved that these people are around to gaurd him. Unlike before, Nicholas tries his best to establish a connection with his bodyguards, confiding in them his unease about the rebellious Marik and one of his subordinates, a certain Vesar Kristofur. Anton seemed more paranoid then a Liao, and he didn't like the way that relations had been between Jaime and Anton after Anton tried to get Jaime to split up the dragoons, rightfully refusing, and how Jaime had stormed out of the mans office a few days later. Nicholas had never seen the usually calm, cool, collected man so angry. Sometimes, Nich says, he could barely hear strange comments about "insubordination" from Vesar, and he seemed to have some kind of predatory gaze whenever looking at one of the 'goons. Nicholas didn't think that Anton was the kind to take refusal gracefull and knew that the man was losing the civili war for the Free Worlds League. He seemed, proud, paranoid, trapped like a rat to Nicholas. And people like that always managed to do something stupid, which is why he ordered his guards to watch out for Anton and Vesar.

Speaking of mom, its 3014 before you see her again, just after the Goons were given to Anton Marik.

It was a relief for Nicholas to get back to the Wolf's Dragoons after he had almost been barred from returning by Hanse. It's not that he didn't like New Avalon, and he would miss his family, Morgan, and his engineering teacher from back home but it was nice to see his mom, the rest of the company, and his Sibkin. Not to mention the chance to see new worlds and get back into his old training routine. However, it seemed that a dark cloud hung over the good tidings.

Having decompressed and adjusted to the news while on New Avalon, Nicholas did his best to make sure no one worried too much about him after his fathers death. After missing much of the training his Sibkin had because of having to leave for New Avalon, the young heir to the throne did his best to redouble his efforts to make up for last time. Who knows how much his sibkin may have surpassed him while he was busy learning how to say "Good Day" in German or what worlds were deemed unihabitible in the Amaris Coup. While he wasn't training with his Sibkin, putting particular effort towards improving his performance in the sims, or trying to keep up with his studies for when he returned to New Avalon, he was playing with the rest of his Sibkins (mostly in wargames organized by Nicholas himself) and regaling Mackenzie Wolf with tales of rail guns that smash through a ton of armor along with the other wonders of New Avalon, asking what sort of things he done and seen while Nich was away.

As he for closer to his bodyguards, Nicholas asked for there help in training to pilot a Assualt Mecha, knowing they were the one of the best heavy and assualt mecha pilots in the AFFS,

Of course, something is always rotten in the state of Denmark. More and more he would hear from some of the 'Goons rather depressing news on the front of battle. Normally he would care much for how Anton Marik's revolution fared, but witht he Wolf Dragoons fighting for him Nicholas couldn't help but let the news worry him. Not to mention the ever straining relationship between the regiment and it's employer over Anton's half baked scheme of splitting apart the dragoons, liable to destroy the company. At times, he confided some of the same fears he confided in his bodyguard with Natasha or Jaime's brother Joshua, wondering how desperate Anton Marik really was.

Last edited by Zeitgeist on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Zeitgeist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 am

Elias Davion

Psyckosama wrote:They know this too. Hanse especially has taken a shine to him as they're both very good at seeing underneath the underneath so to say...

Heh, the Fox going to groom another? Laughing

Of course Elias is very eager to learn from his older brother Hanse about politics and seeing through political BS to get at the truth.

Sadly though there are a number of boot-licks.

Sadly enough, they are sometimes necessary. Of course I would make my effort be heavily biased towards gaining true friends rather then boot-licks, but they can't be avoided completely, otherwise it'll cause me trouble down the road if I offend too many of them.

Yes, not to mention his mother who protects him like an overprotective mother bear.

A mother bear that loves him dearly. Of course, like all parents she has plans for her son. Smile

For the most part his face is almost a model of his father, but his dark features and almond shaped eyes are a dead give away to his mothers Asiatic origins.

His parentage is unmistakable of course. Though some would like to deny him his heritage.

Ian does encourage his training with 'mechs even to the point of allowing him to begin light training early...

Elias throws himself into training with the enthusiasm of a ten year old. Despite the famous Davion Autocannon fetish stereotype, Elias leans towards energy weapons such as lasers or PPCs rather then projectiles, despite having to manage the higher heat load. He also leans towards using heavy or medium mechs, though he doesn't mind heavier (and well made) lights such as the Jenner.

When he isn't spending his time sitting in the mech simulators and his usual studies, Elias is deep in history books, especially books on the fall of the Star League and the 1st Succession War. After all, those that don't learn from history is doomed to repeat it.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:06 am

Psycko are you still accepting players?

If so here's my roll:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3878599/
4d6 → [6,2,4,5] = (17)
afterthought53

View user profile