A Davion is YOU!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Davion is YOU!

Post by Aceraptor on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Aceraptor wrote:
Heh. In anycase, how much more friends have Elias made of the Dragoon dependents?

Afew. Most are years your junior.

How about Jaime Wolf's children? Does Elias befriend any of them? If in a 'big brother' type way or something.

"I learn from the best." Smile Of course, Elias will continue to hone his mind and eventually expand to strategy and more advanced tactics once his instructors and trainers believe him to be proficient enough at his current level.

You're honestly taking college classes...

Jeez, the adults must be boggled about Elias' ability.

True to his new nickname of Coyote, Elias has taken a liking to using tricks, misdirection and stealth alot in his tactics eventually as he continues to learn and grow.

It ain't official yet. Who knows, they might call you wolf or dingo... or Mutt! Very Happy

Any of those are okay. Laughing

Though his studies takes up much of his time, Elias does keep up with his mech training.

And does reasonably well, as to be expected.

Elias has to be good enough, he doesn't have to be the paragon of mechwarriors. He has to have the big picture in mind.

Of course... though... Would scavengers and lostech surveyors have looked for university back up databases? Because don't some universities have databases backed up off campus? If any of the hegemony worlds had such databases recovering them could be a massive boon.

Given this fact, Elias looks closer at the worlds that were destroyed by the Succession wars which have been written off by the rest of human space. Perhaps... New Dallas? Or other worlds that fought to the end? He resolves to research more into these worlds to get any bit of records he could from what was available.

Sounds like a good idea. Any other suggestions?

Elias thinks on this abit, and then suggests New Dallas: Its a dead world that's been dead since the 1st SW, thus unlikely to attract lostech prospectors who will believe anything of worth would have been picked clean centuries ago. Plus it was one of those worlds that fought to the end instead of being conquered, and as far as I know was nuked or bombarded from orbit for its troubles. So people likely believe that it wasn't worth the trouble of going through likely radioactive places for any piece of salvage that was likely cleaned out years ago.

But databases should be placed in a sheltered area. Some libraries might even be intact. After all, what value would scavengers place on books compared to guns and tanks and mechs?

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:23 am

Ilysa Aten-Davion, 3018, Soon to be 3019
Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I will send her congratulations on her accomplishment.
And she's kinda smug but admits she really didn't do much.
I shall have to interrogate her for the full story when I next meet her.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Oh absolutely. While I can copy the frame in general, the specifics will require going over essentially every component, looking at where to make alterations, what has to be replaced and what with. Computer simulation equipment would help (deploy puppy-dog eyes on mother).
Fine... but realize they don't HAVE anything like NIAS on hand.
Quite alright. Although it makes me feel that the Skye part of my heritage is being neglected. It's a terrible shame Skye doesn't have a technical college or something that can be developed to support our industries?

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I'll keep exploring computer sims for strategy and tactics - I'm sure I can get access to the Lyran equivalents of those I 'play' with on New Avalon, giving me a contrast.
You can, but they're not as good... as you're not playing in the Archon's warroom.
I shall see what the Skye Rangers can get me a look at from Sanglamore academy. As for the rest, well, I doubt if I wind up commanding a regiment somewhere, that I'd have all those tools so I shouldn't get reliant upon them.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:This time I'm particular interested in how Lyran battle groups above regimental level operate and also in the effectiveness of militia forces in the defense of a world. For the latter I'd imagine that I need to be checking historical records - both of defense against FWLM and DCMS invasions and against pirate raiding.
To be honest, the Lyran military is a case of Lions lead by Sheep...
Hmm. I shall look at what other nations are doing to avoid that trap. The DCMS and AFFS are generally considered the two best armies. I'll look at the Sun Zhang, Albion and NAMA (now NAIS) Cadres in particular and see if it looks like those would help with that.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I'd imagine that I'm too small to actually try out piloting a simulator for a Mech, an ASF or even a tank - ten (going on eleven) isn't all that large.
Actually there are ways to make allowances as kids are starting mech training earlier and earlier these days.
Well if so I'll see about trying them out, at least enough to see if I have any aptitude for them (to the extent it can be determined at this age).

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:One other thing to look into: the possibilities of producing small armed satellites to engage dropships and aerospace fighters. I'd imagine the operating costs of manned space stations are quite high, but small and expendable satellites might be easier - can I find any history of remote-controlled orbital defence weapons of this nature? If they were cheap enough then scattering a few dozen in orbit over outlying worlds might deter pirate raiding considerably.
This might be more of a New Avalon type question to be honest...
Well I'll do what I can. Proud as I am of my paternal heritage, I don't find my maternal heritage to be second-best.

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 am

Meh. why not. I showed interest in doing this awhile back, and while you may have too many people already, nothing lost by trying.
GundamChief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 am

The member 'GundamChief' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd6' : 1, 5, 2, 6

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeitgeist on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:03 pm

[quote="Psyckosama"]

Psyckosama wrote: Cheers!

Psyckosama wrote: It isn't easy being green... :p

Psyckosama wrote: Don't worry.

Psyckosama wrote: He'd love to some day...

Good, good. Something to look forward too, so as not too keep your mind off the dangers of today.

Psyckosama wrote: Yep

To be the undefeated in the East, West, North, South, and Center. Nicholas is burning red.

OOC: If you get this reference, you sir, win the internet.

Psyckosama wrote:
They agree action is the best option, but they're adding another element to it... in case this doesn't work, they're also using it as as distraction while they smuggle YOU out of town. Seems Anton has an entire COMPANY looking for you personally...

To send others out to die while he did nothing, even if they chose too, wasn't something that he could stomach easily even if he didn't have choice. He knew that he could help if they gave a chance, that he was a better pilot then many of his countries militiamen. But he was only kid. If his bodyguards wouldn't relent all he could do was wish them luck, thanks them for there service to the suns, and.... ask that Jaime Wolf's family and the other civilians would be smuggled out as well. He wanted them to be safe, no matter what happens.

Zeitgeist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 am

Aceraptor wrote:How about Jaime Wolf's children? Does Elias befriend any of them? If in a 'big brother' type way or something.

A bit. They're still kids but they look up to you.

As for others... you think Ian and Natasha are in a physical relationship...

Jeez, the adults must be boggled about Elias' ability.

Yes they are.

Your mom claims you got it from her. And yes, she jests.

Any of those are okay. Laughing

Heh.

So far Ian and Hanse are calling you Pup.

Elias has to be good enough, he doesn't have to be the paragon of mechwarriors. He has to have the big picture in mind.

He's pretty badass for a 10 year old though.

Elias thinks on this abit, and then suggests New Dallas: Its a dead world that's been dead since the 1st SW, thus unlikely to attract lostech prospectors who will believe anything of worth would have been picked clean centuries ago. Plus it was one of those worlds that fought to the end instead of being conquered, and as far as I know was nuked or bombarded from orbit for its troubles. So people likely believe that it wasn't worth the trouble of going through likely radioactive places for any piece of salvage that was likely cleaned out years ago.

But databases should be placed in a sheltered area. Some libraries might even be intact. After all, what value would scavengers place on books compared to guns and tanks and mechs?

They'll send someone to take a look. Anything else you want to mention...

Like say operational security?

drakensis wrote:Quite alright. Although it makes me feel that the Skye part of my heritage is being neglected. It's a terrible shame Skye doesn't have a technical college or something that can be developed to support our industries?

Such schools are expensive and sadly also would be within easy striking range of both the Snakes and the Birds.

drakensis wrote:I shall see what the Skye Rangers can get me a look at from Sanglamore academy. As for the rest, well, I doubt if I wind up commanding a regiment somewhere, that I'd have all those tools so I shouldn't get reliant upon them.

True. But its still good kit, though the lyran officers aren't quite as willing to play with a child as the FedSuns ones... they're also not as good for the most part.

Maybe there's a connection between not being a stuffed shirt and ability? :p

drakensis wrote:
Hmm. I shall look at what other nations are doing to avoid that trap. The DCMS and AFFS are generally considered the two best armies. I'll look at the Sun Zhang, Albion and NAMA (now NAIS) Cadres in particular and see if it looks like those would help with that.

The AFFS bases themselves on combined arms and a officer corps based on talent. Even the son of a begger could theoretically become a marshal in the Federated Suns if he had the pure ability needed. For an autocratic state, the Federated Suns military is based highly on merit. They also put an extreme amount of value on the lives of ever soldier from the most skilled mechwarrior to the greenest PBI. This combo of high moral and high ability combined with a solid investment from New Avalon makes them highly effective.

The DCMS on the otherhand is like a cult. Little value is placed on the individual life but personal talent is paramount. Discipline is maintained via brutal methods, and most troops fear their commanders more than the enemy. Their commanders tend to be talented via pure darwinian selection as failure is brutally punished. The offensive is considered almost sacred and they're willing to take massive losses before they surrender. If they surrender. They can keep up because even though their economy is weak, its centered around supporting the military, and combined with driven troops and high numbers they make up for a number of ills.

drakensis wrote:
Well if so I'll see about trying them out, at least enough to see if I have any aptitude for them (to the extent it can be determined at this age).

You aren't half bad. As you'd expect from someone of your pedigree.

Psyckosama wrote:Well I'll do what I can. Proud as I am of my paternal heritage, I don't find my maternal heritage to be second-best.

This is more an issue of money and expertise than anything else.

GundamChief wrote:Meh. why not. I showed interest in doing this awhile back, and while you may have too many people already, nothing lost by trying.

'd6' : 1, 5, 2, 6[/quote]

Your Hanse and Ian's baby sister. Same mother, born right before their father died.

Zeitgeist wrote:
To be the undefeated in the East, West, North, South, and Center. Nicholas is burning red.

OOC: If you get this reference, you sir, win the internet.

You are not master asia.

To send others out to die while he did nothing, even if they chose too, wasn't something that he could stomach easily even if he didn't have choice. He knew that he could help if they gave a chance, that he was a better pilot then many of his countries militiamen. But he was only kid. If his bodyguards wouldn't relent all he could do was wish them luck, thanks them for there service to the suns, and.... ask that Jaime Wolf's family and the other civilians would be smuggled out as well. He wanted them to be safe, no matter what happens.

They could but it wouldn't be easy. You'll fit in the cockpit of a mech. Everyone else, not so much.

Zeitgeist wrote:
A deep, calming breath escaped Nicholas lungs as he assessed the situation, thoughts swirling through his head. 'All right, remember what dad used to tell you. A leader needs to be cool no matter what the duress. To do so was to inspire your people, to break was to fill them with panic. That's what I am right? A leader, my bodyguards leader listen to me. I can't let them know I'm nervous.' In his six years of life, this was the single most terrifying situation he had ever been in. However, Nicholas was a scion of the house of Davion, and that meant he had responsibility to the people around him.

Putting on his best impression of confidence and trying to put on a air of not being scared shitless, Nicholas made his way to the leader of his bodyguards, looking the man in the eye. The entirety of "Anton Marik is a man without honor. His actions today threaten innocent people, have betrayed those under his employ, and has commited a grievous slight against the Federated Suns by meaning to coerce one of her inhabitants through threat of arms." He thought it unbefitting to cite his status as heir to the throne, but it bared saying that through his actions Marik had attempted to harm there country. "The Heavy guards have my deepest gratitude for what you did here, and though it pains me to ask more from you, no one here is safe. Anton controls this world, and escaping will be no easy task."

With that in mind, at the age of six, Nicholas saw fit to give his first orders in a military situation. Using the one time code pad his Uncle should be contacted post-haste, though he doubted the mans ability to react anytime soon. Anyway to get in contact with Jaime wolf would be appreciated as well. However, at the moment Anton force's were spread out fighting the dragoons on planet, and after just being attacked they had the intiative. There are variety of the goons garrison mechs here on planet, all of impeccable quality, and with the support staff and remaining goons another company or two could be raised in short order. While the Davion Heavy Gaurds proper lay seige upon Anton's palace while the enemy is in disarray, the rest of the forces raised could throw his forces off, wreaking havoc raiding keep points like barracks or Armories, even helping the dragoons fend off Anton's men. Once the rebellions command has been taken out, and Anton hopefully captured along with Vesar to take hostage they could wait the ordeal out till his uncle or Jaime Wolf sends forces to releive and extract them.

Now properly replying to this.

Jamies wife has a one time pad as well, and an off world contact point. Along with codes. The woman is no fool.

As for the heavy guards they're willing to take your orders as taking him out really is the best chance for your survival, and right now his forces, while superior to theirs, are spread about hunting down the dragoon dependents and fighting their guards.

A heavy assault on the palace combined with a commando strike (one serves as cover for the other) would allow them their best chance at decapitating this mess.

To help, Mrs Wolf does link them up to the 7th Commando assets on planet.

You might just be able to do this...

afterthought53 wrote:
I'll take it for the encouragement it is and work even harder. Grrrr, my age and general midget-ness in comparison to fully grown adults is getting in the way again. Adults get to have all the fun.

Its a shame you're a brat, brat.

I'll answer as quickly and clearly as possible. Ian likely sets a fast pace to keep me on my toes and simulate having to make snap decisions, I'll try my hardest to keep up.

Very good.

I'll try again when Dad and Uncle Ian come back from their Indiana Jones Adventure on Halstead Station.

Which will be... in about six months!

I would hardly call it 'slow', more 'average'. In comparison to the much heavier and significantly more expensive Bulldog, the Gaul sports a better main gun and better armor but is lacking in the secondary armaments department. It's meant to operate in packs, not by itself and be a cheap and effective militia tank, hitting above its paygrade but generally not part of front line formations. However, if they want I'll also work up a design meant for our front line formations to get their opinion on.

The complaint is it needs more armor. Maybe up it by 5 tons and put that into armor.

I'll let the generals/engineers decide which would be best/more plausible. But again, for the price of one of these, a militia can afford 4 Gauls. So, in the opinion of a 10 year old: Squires for the RCTs and Gauls for the Militia.

Has some range issues though for an MBT.

Such is the problem with tanks.
Well, I'm grounded so no 'fun' this weekend. I'll take one for the team and accompany Uncle Ian to his opera show. Spending that time with his favorite nephew should make it less painful for him.

It does. You two spend most of your time in the box quietly heckling it.

After we've put together the business plan, picked out a site for the factory and decided what to produce. I'm leaning towards data pads for both commercial and military use. Something sleek an classy for business and personal use and something bulky and sturdy for military use. After my team and I have put everything together, I'll present it to Dad and hopefully get the go ahead to start.

Good choice in business and well thought. You have any requirements for the designs you make? Any brilliant ideas to market them?

I'll also ask him for advice on if he thinks we should hire some mercenaries to garrison it since its fairly close to the Tortuga pirates or if he thinks the militia will be enough.

Possibly once you're established. This planet's become rather well defended since you were born...

Understandable.

He enjoys the big booms! He wants to be a mechwarrior when he grows up!

I'll invite them to the games I play with the other palace kids such as lostech hunting.

Fun!

I'll also challenge David and Talbot to matches of 'Battletech Tactical Simulator' to see how I do in comparison to them since they're slightly older and also of noble birth so they got the same training I got.

They're pretty good, but you tend to win most of the time!

As for Jessica, playing house is sooo booring. No wonder Dad and Uncle Ian are always out fighting Cappies and Snakes. Nope, don't want to play anymore though she's welcome to join the lostech hunting expeditions and we can study together.

She's a memeber of an IS noble house. For her house involves foiling assassination attempts, executing spies, and ordering attacks against evil snakes!

Along with the standard girly shit.

Melissa Steiner is born this year as well. If I hear about it in court, I'll see about sending her a toy, maybe a stuffed remote controlled mech. What? I'm a kid, I don't know any better and since I liked em she will too... as a baby... that was just born. Maybe mom will have a better idea.

That'll be a bit old for her. The remote control at least. Sending her a plushy though would be alright.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:19 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Aceraptor wrote:How about Jaime Wolf's children? Does Elias befriend any of them? If in a 'big brother' type way or something.

A bit. They're still kids but they look up to you.

Heh.

As for others... you think Ian and Natasha are in a physical relationship...

Good for them, I'll be a good little kid and not say anything. Laughing

Yes they are.

Your mom claims you got it from her. And yes, she jests.

Heh.

Heh.

So far Ian and Hanse are calling you Pup.

Well, Elias IS a kid still, so that suits right now. Hopefully he can grow into one of the other suitable nicknames. Very Happy

He's pretty badass for a 10 year old though.

Of course, he's got years to get his skill up.

They'll send someone to take a look. Anything else you want to mention...

Like say operational security?

Hm... go through uninhabited systems? No comm? If there HAS to be communications, one time pads. Only select people knows the route. All the members of the expedition should be double checked for reliability. (Or just use DMI personnel) If I'm right, it could be a wealth of information recovered whose value would be incalculable in this era.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:46 am

Psyckosama wrote:Your Hanse and Ian's baby sister. Same mother, born right before their father died.

Born on the 20th of March in 2999, She gave a spark of joy to those around her. It came to a close however the next month.

April 4th 2999, Andrew Davion died of natural causes, and Ian davion became the new first prince.

From a young age Elizabeth was like any normal child, learning to walk and read and talk, but it was noticed that she was a strangely inquisitive child. Showing a spark of intelligence.

As she started to grow and learn she showed interests in history, most of the Hard Sciences, Social Science, engineering, archeology, and cultural studies. She wanted to know and understand the way things worked and how people thought, and the reasoning behind it. It however range from serious questions, to uterrly childish and silly ideas like "What would you do if suddenly the people who left with Kerensky returned? and that they were thier own empire who wanted to claim Earth?". She also wanted to find lost things of the past, namely los-tech and worlds, thus her interest in archeology.

Her personal hobbies laid with a natural talent in art, her skills surprised many as they were at a high level. Not many knew when she had started to draw as she was always doing things, but her skills were enough for her brothers to actually encourage it and get her a tutor. They ended up getting her enough that they would fall out her ears, as her skill wass quickly discovered to cover all bases and not just sketching. Singing was also a hobby and she wasn't bad really. A bit of work adn she could be star quality, so she took it actively along with paino and guitar. Along with this was research into places that would have been centers of knowledge and technology, but with little understanding of the subject it wasn't until later (around 9 or 10) that it could be done seriously.

Along with her love of these subjects she was also a bit of an active child, physically so. She learned dance, gymnastics, she played with her brothers when they would and could, with the friends that she had developed with as she grew, and even decided to learn martial arts from a young age since she decided that "kicking butt is a good thing". Like her artistic skills, she was found to adapt and learn the martial arts very quickly.

While Battlemechs are cool, they were never her focus. Her interest lay with the Infantry roles. She thought that being a soldier was more noble and more ass kicking and action packed then being a mechwarrior (despite the reality of how much action there actually is). She got to know her protectors due to this because she was interested in thier experiences and thoughts on it...plus they were cool. The fact that they were special forces, and were what one considers "Scaryass mother fuckers" only makes elizabeth eyes glitter when she listens to thier stories. With permission, they have affectionately called her "Little Soldier"..in polite company. In in-polite company, they say "Little Badass".

Though she has had many ideas that she never really went through with, one thing from history she always thought about was the loss of technologies in general and had said to her brothers that maybe by studying she could relearn what was lost, or at least see if she could find places where that knowledge could be. Her studies into social sciences and history and cultural studies have shown that alot fo the current situation was due to loss anyways. It was a niave and childish was of looking at it...but not neccesarily untrue.

One particular technology she liked however was Power Armor. Suits of armor for soldiers to wear that made them more powerful, and thus more useful in warfare rather then how they are with the kings stomping around. With studies in engineering and hard sciences, she wanted to see about creating power armor...starting with developing working Exoskeletons and going from there. At the least something that allowed a soldier to carry more guns. Time will tell how well this works out. To show that she was serious, she had from the age of 8 actually talked with Ian an Hanse about it and see if she can work with her betters to start developing this concept and get Exoskeletons working. From there increase power and size until something awesome results.

She has also shown her interesting in understanding people by actually asking and then after explaining it, sending a message to the leaders of the other houses. Namely the Free Worlds League, specifically Janos Marik of the Marik Commonwealth, and Katrina Stiener of the Lyran Commonwealth. She introduced herself, and said of her interest in understanding people and why things are done. She figured it was best to start with some of the most powerful people in the Inner sphere, and then aked her questions "So what do you think of the Federated Suns?" and "Is Ruling your realm hard? and if it si, how come?"

Her relationship with her family is a close one, her brother Ian is her designated action buddy, as is Hanse when he's in the mood but he's more the mind gamer for her because he's smart. she also has a great relationship with her mother. She also has friendship with Daniel Allard due to proximity with Hanse.

Personality wise...Elizabeth was a standard girl, she has a dry sense of humor and can be a bit cynical (hiding how truely jaded she was) but she (due to her artistic talent) was also into the standard girly stuff like horses, unicorns, pegasus, dragons, and men stuff like robots, guns, and martial art fights. She also possesses a sense of wonder and a desire to explore. So many worlds and people and stories. (OOC: how does Hanse, Ian reacto to this personality, and people in general?). Otherwise a balance between cute little girl and worldy person.

Last edited by GundamChief on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
GundamChief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Aiden Davion
year: 3010

Psyckosama wrote:
afterthought53 wrote:
I'll take it for the encouragement it is and work even harder. Grrrr, my age and general midget-ness in comparison to fully grown adults is getting in the way again. Adults get to have all the fun.

Its a shame you're a brat, brat.
I'm growing as fast as I can tongue

I'll answer as quickly and clearly as possible. Ian likely sets a fast pace to keep me on my toes and simulate having to make snap decisions, I'll try my hardest to keep up.

Very good.

I'll try again when Dad and Uncle Ian come back from their Indiana Jones Adventure on Halstead Station.

Which will be... in about six months!
I'll miss them and wait anxiously for any news about how its going. Hopefully they use courier jumpship for any messages instead of HPGs. I don't know about Uncle Ian but I'm pretty sure Hanse doesn't trust Comstar.

I would hardly call it 'slow', more 'average'. In comparison to the much heavier and significantly more expensive Bulldog, the Gaul sports a better main gun and better armor but is lacking in the secondary armaments department. It's meant to operate in packs, not by itself and be a cheap and effective militia tank, hitting above its paygrade but generally not part of front line formations. However, if they want I'll also work up a design meant for our front line formations to get their opinion on.

The complaint is it needs more armor. Maybe up it by 5 tons and put that into armor.
That's an excellent suggestion. By making it five tons heavier and putting that into armor we increase its armor protection by 20% and costs only increase by 14%. I'll present the new design to them after I've made the modifications and see if we can get to making it a reality:
Code:
 Mass: 50 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Motive Type: Tracked
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-D-D
Production Year: 3010
Cost: 828,750 C-Bills
Battle Value: 635

Power Plant:  200 I.C.E.
Cruise Speed: 43.2 km/h
Flanking Speed: 64.8 km/h
Armor:  Standard Armor
Armament:
    1  Autocannon/10
    1  Machine Gun
Manufacturer:
    Primary Factory:
Communications System:
Targeting and Tracking System:

================================================================================
Equipment          Type                        Rating                  Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard                      25 points                5.00
Engine:            I.C.E. Engine                200                      17.00
    Cruise MP:  4
    Flank MP:  6
Heat Sinks:        Single Heat Sink            0                        0.00
Control Equipment:                                                        2.50
Lift Equipment:                                                            0.00
Turret:                                                                    1.50
Armor:              Standard Armor              AV - 144                  9.00

Armor     
                                                      Factor   
                                              Front    32       
                                          Left/Right  28/28       
                                              Turret    32       
                                                Rear    24       

================================================================================
Equipment                                Location    Heat    Spaces    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autocannon/10                                T        3        1        12.00
Machine Gun                                  T        0        1        0.50
@AC/10 (20)                                  BD        -        0        2.00
@MG (1/2) (100)                              BD        -        0        0.50

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)  Wt.  Ov  Armor:      5    Points: 6
4          1      0      0      0      2    0  Structure:  2
Special Abilities: EE, AC 1/1/0

Any suggestions on where to put the factory? I'm thinking somewhere in the outback since the various planetary militias will likely be our biggest customers. Perhaps, Bonneau, in the Point Barrow region due to its central location.

I'll let the generals/engineers decide which would be best/more plausible. But again, for the price of one of these, a militia can afford 4 Gauls. So, in the opinion of a 10 year old: Squires for the RCTs and Gauls for the Militia.

Has some range issues though for an MBT.

Such is the problem with tanks.
Indeed, but the idea is that they'll be supported by fire support vehicles with better range and faster scouts/harassers in true AFFS combined arms fashion. I'm more worried about where we'd get enough fusion engines to build them in significant numbers.

Well, I'm grounded so no 'fun' this weekend. I'll take one for the team and accompany Uncle Ian to his opera show. Spending that time with his favorite nephew should make it less painful for him.

It does. You two spend most of your time in the box quietly heckling it.
Haha good times. I wonder what the tabloids had to say about the First Prince and the unrecognized bastard son of his brother going out on the town and clearly having a good time as uncle and nephew.

After we've put together the business plan, picked out a site for the factory and decided what to produce. I'm leaning towards data pads for both commercial and military use. Something sleek an classy for business and personal use and something bulky and sturdy for military use. After my team and I have put everything together, I'll present it to Dad and hopefully get the go ahead to start.

Good choice in business and well thought. You have any requirements for the designs you make? Any brilliant ideas to market them?
For the Military Version: A poster of Ian Davion inside a field HQ directing his troops with one in his hand.
For the Business/Personal Version: A poster of Hanse Davion with one his hand while he directs a meeting of Ministers.
For the Business/Personal version: A poster of Aiden Davion(me) with books in one hand and a datapad in the other. This one should go over well with the young nobles and students alike.
The only thing that sells better than Royalty and Patriotism is sex and unfortunately I'm too young to suggest that kind of marketing.

I'll also ask him for advice on if he thinks we should hire some mercenaries to garrison it since its fairly close to the Tortuga pirates or if he thinks the militia will be enough.

Possibly once you're established. This planet's become rather well defended since you were born...
Excellent, in that case I'll trust in the excellence of the AFFS.

Understandable.

He enjoys the big booms! He wants to be a mechwarrior when he grows up!
Muahaha all according to plan. I shall call him mini-me Twisted Evil

I'll invite them to the games I play with the other palace kids such as lostech hunting.

Fun!
I'll also challenge David and Talbot to matches of 'Battletech Tactical Simulator' to see how I do in comparison to them since they're slightly older and also of noble birth so they got the same training I got.

They're pretty good, but you tend to win most of the time!
Excellent, I'll give them what tips/advice I can, after all they may well be some of the best and brightest generals in the AFFS some time in the future. I'll also try to learn as much as I can from the matches and be humble in my victories and praise them when they win.

As for Jessica, playing house is sooo booring. No wonder Dad and Uncle Ian are always out fighting Cappies and Snakes. Nope, don't want to play anymore though she's welcome to join the lostech hunting expeditions and we can study together.

She's a memeber of an IS noble house. For her house involves foiling assassination attempts, executing spies, and ordering attacks against evil snakes!

Along with the standard girly shit.
Oh, I see she doesn't play house, but plays House. In that case, I play with her foiling imaginary assassination attempts and alongside ordering attacks on the Snakes, I'll also lead a few in the tactical simulator.
"The Second Sword of Light is attempting to assassinate Duchess Jessica Sandoval of Robinson while her loyal 1st Robinson Rangers are occupied battling the 24th Dieron Regulars. It is up to Prince Aiden Davion and his Elite First Davion Guards to eliminate the Second Sword and save the Duchess." Que tactical sim.

Melissa Steiner is born this year as well. If I hear about it in court, I'll see about sending her a toy, maybe a stuffed remote controlled mech. What? I'm a kid, I don't know any better and since I liked em she will too... as a baby... that was just born. Maybe mom will have a better idea.

That'll be a bit old for her. The remote control at least. Sending her a plushy though would be alright.
Yes mother, a plushy it is. A plushy Atlas that looks more cute and cuddly and far less fearsome. I wonder what Katrina will think of it, I'm probably the only kid that sent something himself instead of just the parents sending a gift.
afterthought53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:26 am

Sorry about the delay, hard week. Getting to it today.

Gonna try and update everything today.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 am

Gagh! Forgot to hit reply!

Aceraptor wrote:Good for them, I'll be a good little kid and not say anything. Laughing

PRobably for the best.

Well, Elias IS a kid still, so that suits right now. Hopefully he can grow into one of the other suitable nicknames. Very Happy

Yep.

No, I mean you're well above average for your age group.

Hm... go through uninhabited systems? No comm? If there HAS to be communications, one time pads. Only select people knows the route. All the members of the expedition should be double checked for reliability. (Or just use DMI personnel) If I'm right, it could be a wealth of information recovered whose value would be incalculable in this era.

You're being a bit paranoid, pup...

Wanna press the issue?

GundamChief wrote:As she started to grow and learn she showed interests in history, most of the Hard Sciences, Social Science, engineering, archeology, and cultural studies. She wanted to know and understand the way things worked and how people thought, and the reasoning behind it. It however range from serious questions, to uterrly childish and silly ideas like "What would you do if suddenly the people who left with Kerensky returned? and that they were thier own empire who wanted to claim Earth?". She also wanted to find lost things of the past, namely los-tech and worlds, thus her interest in archeology.

She's seen as an odd one...

Her personal hobbies laid with a natural talent in art, her skills surprised many as they were at a high level. Not many knew when she had started to draw as she was always doing things, but her skills were enough for her brothers to actually encourage it and get her a tutor.

And a bit of a genius.

They ended up getting her enough that they would fall out her ears, as her skill wass quickly discovered to cover all bases and not just sketching. Singing was also a hobby and she wasn't bad really. A bit of work adn she could be star quality, so she took it actively along with paino and guitar. Along with this was research into places that would have been centers of knowledge and technology, but with little understanding of the subject it wasn't until later (around 9 or 10) that it could be done seriously.

Lets be honest, with the right makeup and autotune anyone could be star quality! Very Happy

Along with her love of these subjects she was also a bit of an active child, physically so. She learned dance, gymnastics, she played with her brothers when they would and could, with the friends that she had developed with as she grew, and even decided to learn martial arts from a young age since she decided that "kicking butt is a good thing". Like her artistic skills, she was found to adapt and learn the martial arts very quickly.

And given a teacher.

While Battlemechs are cool, they were never her focus. Her interest lay with the Infantry roles. She thought that being a soldier was more noble and more ass kicking and action packed then being a mechwarrior (despite the reality of how much action there actually is). She got to know her protectors due to this because she was interested in thier experiences and thoughts on it...plus they were cool. The fact that they were special forces, and were what one considers "Scaryass mother fuckers" only makes elizabeth eyes glitter when she listens to thier stories. With permission, they have affectionately called her "Little Soldier"..in polite company. In in-polite company, they say "Little Badass".

Heh.

They're protective of you.

Woe to any future boyfriends.

Though she has had many ideas that she never really went through with, one thing from history she always thought about was the loss of technologies in general and had said to her brothers that maybe by studying she could relearn what was lost, or at least see if she could find places where that knowledge could be. Her studies into social sciences and history and cultural studies have shown that alot fo the current situation was due to loss anyways. It was a niave and childish was of looking at it...but not neccesarily untrue.

Hanse thinks its a brilliant idea and oneday would like to convince ian to build a university of New Avalon dedicated to science.

One particular technology she liked however was Power Armor. Suits of armor for soldiers to wear that made them more powerful, and thus more useful in warfare rather then how they are with the kings stomping around. With studies in engineering and hard sciences, she wanted to see about creating power armor...starting with developing working Exoskeletons and going from there. At the least something that allowed a soldier to carry more guns. Time will tell how well this works out. To show that she was serious, she had from the age of 8 actually talked with Ian an Hanse about it and see if she can work with her betters to start developing this concept and get Exoskeletons working. From there increase power and size until something awesome results.

Ian thinks it could have potential.

Hanse thinks you should wait afew years.

She has also shown her interesting in understanding people by actually asking and then after explaining it, sending a message to the leaders of the other houses. Namely the Free Worlds League, specifically Janos Marik of the Marik Commonwealth, and Katrina Stiener of the Lyran Commonwealth. She introduced herself, and said of her interest in understanding people and why things are done. She figured it was best to start with some of the most powerful people in the Inner sphere, and then aked her questions "So what do you think of the Federated Suns?" and "Is Ruling your realm hard? and if it si, how come?"

Katrina sends a short but bemused reply stating that your peoples have nothing to conflict over, and mentions that while it might sound selfish, she is well pleased to have such a strong and honorable nation on the far border of the Combine keeping them divided, and that ruling her nation is difficult at times, but it is fufilling to know that she can help guide the destiny of her people.

Janos on the otherhand sends a long and intimate reply, that both praises you as a brave girl for having the guts to send these messages.

On the whole, he likes the Federated Suns and while he does not entirely agree with the system of government per-say, as he feels the power of the first prince is too great. In the hands of a good man, it allows him to act swiftly to protect their people, and while the Davions have been blessed with mostly just leaders, all it takes is one less than benevolent man to cause true suffering.

That says sometimes he envies the fact that your father and now your elder brother don't have to kowtow to Parliament to get anything done.

That said, the Federated Suns dedication to human rights is lawdable, and he does not envy your foes as the Federated Suns are trapped between the two most hateful nations in the Inner Sphere. The Capallans are a shared enemy of foul character, but while he is... less than fond to put it kindly, of the Lyran Commonwealth, theirs is a harsh rivalry yes, but it is between two civilized states, and at least they value human life. The Combine on the other hand, does not.

As for the difficulty of rule, it is very hard but he would trust no other. It is a duty that no man should accept lightly, and while it comes with privilege, he wishes that he could simply retire to the country and tend his family in peace. But duty is as heavy as a mountain, and like atlas, he must bare the weight less the world come crashing down around him.

The difference was pretty marked when you look at it in full. Janos obvious is used to speaking with yougn children and knows how to communicate with them, while Katrians's was kinda dry and official.

Janos also sent you a plush purple eagle. Or rather he send an order for one to be made according to a specific design by a toy maker on New Avalon... sending it via jumpship would have taken forever.

The Ambassador derived it along with his message. He was very nice and polite.

Your brothers are impressed, and after a thorough examination, the plushy is shown to be perfectly safe and without recording instruments of any kind..

Her relationship with her family is a close one, her brother Ian is her designated action buddy, as is Hanse when he's in the mood but he's more the mind gamer for her because he's smart. she also has a great relationship with her mother. She also has friendship with Daniel Allard due to proximity with Hanse.

Ian's like a big kid around you, he likes to play games, and you are the darling of the court.

Personality wise...Elizabeth was a standard girl, she has a dry sense of humor and can be a bit cynical (hiding how truely jaded she was) but she (due to her artistic talent) was also into the standard girly stuff like horses, unicorns, pegasus, dragons, and men stuff like robots, guns, and martial art fights. She also possesses a sense of wonder and a desire to explore. So many worlds and people and stories. (OOC: how does Hanse, Ian reacto to this personality, and people in general?). Otherwise a balance between cute little girl and worldy person.

You're a very mature little girl... and when you're older they both think you'd do well as a diplomat. Though you'll have to serve in the military to become a valid heir.

afterthought53 wrote:

Don't grow up too fast. You'll miss it when you've lost it.

I'll miss them and wait anxiously for any news about how its going. Hopefully they use courier jumpship for any messages instead of HPGs. I don't know about Uncle Ian but I'm pretty sure Hanse doesn't trust Comstar.

One time pads.

That's an excellent suggestion. By making it five tons heavier and putting that into armor we increase its armor protection by 20% and costs only increase by 14%. I'll present the new design to them after I've made the modifications and see if we can get to making it a reality:

Do keep in mind you're only talking to a couple engineers who are doing all the actual heavy lifting.

You're beign humored basically.

Any suggestions on where to put the factory? I'm thinking somewhere in the outback since the various planetary militias will likely be our biggest customers. Perhaps, Bonneau, in the Point Barrow region due to its central location.

No plans to manufacture it yet. It's nothing more than a theoretical exercise at this point.

Haha good times. I wonder what the tabloids had to say about the First Prince and the unrecognized bastard son of his brother going out on the town and clearly having a good time as uncle and nephew.

You're rather well liked and there's questions as to your recognition.

For the Military Version: A poster of Ian Davion inside a field HQ directing his troops with one in his hand.
For the Business/Personal Version: A poster of Hanse Davion with one his hand while he directs a meeting of Ministers.
For the Business/Personal version: A poster of Aiden Davion(me) with books in one hand and a datapad in the other. This one should go over well with the young nobles and students alike.
The only thing that sells better than Royalty and Patriotism is sex and unfortunately I'm too young to suggest that kind of marketing.

I mean more the general approch. You have markering teams for the little shit.

Excellent, I'll give them what tips/advice I can, after all they may well be some of the best and brightest generals in the AFFS some time in the future. I'll also try to learn as much as I can from the matches and be humble in my victories and praise them when they win.

It's all fun and agames!

Oh, I see she doesn't play house, but plays House. In that case, I play with her foiling imaginary assassination attempts and alongside ordering attacks on the Snakes, I'll also lead a few in the tactical simulator.

For her playing house and playing House are the same thing. What? Cooking and changing diapers is what servants are for. It's why they get a comfortable income with full benefits, free food, provided housing, and a pension plan!

Though she does make you help her plan a couple fancy dress parties that include noted officers as Field Marshal Theodore Bear. Very Happy

"The Second Sword of Light is attempting to assassinate Duchess Jessica Sandoval of Robinson while her loyal 1st Robinson Rangers are occupied battling the 24th Dieron Regulars. It is up to Prince Aiden Davion and his Elite First Davion Guards to eliminate the Second Sword and save the Duchess." Que tactical sim.

Bit dry for her taste... she'd rather roleplay it.

Yes mother, a plushy it is. A plushy Atlas that looks more cute and cuddly and far less fearsome. I wonder what Katrina will think of it, I'm probably the only kid that sent something himself instead of just the parents sending a gift.

Katrina sends you her warm and honest thanks. She sends you an image of baby Melissa with the mech (along with several other plushes) in her crib.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Aiden Davion

Psyckosama wrote:
afterthought53 wrote:

Don't grow up too fast. You'll miss it when you've lost it.

One time pads.
That's good. Shall we skip ahead until we either hear news from Halstead Station or Ian and Hanse return from their adventure?

Do keep in mind you're only talking to a couple engineers who are doing all the actual heavy lifting.

You're beign humored basically.
Understandable, it's far more than any other 10 year old could ever expect. Benefits of being third in line for the big chair Very Happy
I'll stop bothering them and let them work out any issues. Although I'll want to be there if/when they build a prototype.

No plans to manufacture it yet. It's nothing more than a theoretical exercise at this point.
I suppose all we can do is finish all the design work at least until Ian and Hanse come back so I can pester them to let me build my militia toy. I think me pointing them to the Halstead Station Cache will have earned me enough brownie points to get it done. Hopefully, anyway.

You're rather well liked and there's questions as to your recognition.
Yay, the people/media like me. I won't say anything about it but I think Ian's just waiting for the most opportune time to do so. The Young Prince finding the Star League Cache that begins the technological Renaissance and recovery for the Federated Suns could be such an opportunity. The bad news is it'll bring a lot of Comstar attention on my head.

I mean more the general approch. You have markering teams for the little shit.
Eh, just make sure that it supports all the appropriate programs and utilities. We also need good quality control and the standard manufacture's warranty as we don't want a bad reputation for unreliable products. Other than that, nothing really revolutionary.

It's all fun and agames!
Until someone brings in real mechs. Then, it's fun, games, death, and oh so sweet explosions.

For her playing house and playing House are the same thing. What? Cooking and changing diapers is what servants are for. It's why they get a comfortable income with full benefits, free food, provided housing, and a pension plan!

Though she does make you help her plan a couple fancy dress parties that include noted officers as Field Marshal Theodore Bear. Very Happy
Haha, spoken like a true Duchess.
Grrr, she's a tricky one. I shall go along with it, but what she doesn't realize is that MIIO has been keeping an eye on Field Marshal Theodore Bear because he is a suspected traitor. Intelligence just came in exposing his treasonous, traitors, deceiving, lies for what they are and this party is all a trap to take him down with less hassle. We've caught him with his dirty bear paws in the wrong cookie jar. Guards! Guards! Arrest the vile traitor!

Bit dry for her taste... she'd rather roleplay it.
We're gonna need help if we're going to properly role play a huge battle to save her. Gather the rest of the palace kids and lets get this giant battle underway. Don't forget to pray that we don't get grounded.

Katrina sends you her warm and honest thanks. She sends you an image of baby Melissa with the mech (along with several other plushes) in her crib.
Heh, cute kid has her mother's eyes. She'll make a great Archon one day.
afterthought53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Elizabeth Davion, 3009

Psyckosama wrote:She's seen as an odd one...

Yes...but it's the odd people who come up with the stuff people use or have to face down the road. Foresight is a gift.

otherwise, coming up with "what ifs" is not only a good excercise of the imagination, but also a good mental challange at times.

And a bit of a genius.

of course :p

Lets be honest, with the right makeup and autotune anyone could be star quality! Very Happy

There's merit to actually having skill though :p

And given a teacher.

and learns.

Heh.

They're protective of you.

Woe to any future boyfriends.

heh

Hanse thinks its a brilliant idea and oneday would like to convince ian to build a university of New Avalon dedicated to science.

Then give me awhile and I'll see about finding...stuff ^_^

About a month later I talk to them both and talk in private about Halstead Station. That there was at one time a university there and was in fact a home for alot of the best and brightest of the Terran Hedgemony and Star League. what brings it to my attention was that, from what I learned of our own universities, they likely have a hidden away safe area for stuff from being truly destroyed. Most importantly to me though...it seems that after the place was hit..hardly anybody went there throughout all the succession wars. Aside from those living there.

I'll keep looking though, but if it would be possible to just to send someone to check? *cute smile*

Ian thinks it could have potential.

Hanse thinks you should wait afew years.

Oh, it has plenty of potential. It would, from a stratigic standpoint, increase the effectiveness of the military forces by many levels. Less troops needed for operations, and less likelyhood of them dying. Plus operations that normally would be dangerous to a fleshy soldier is mitigated by the armor that could possibly withstand mech scale weaponry. Military operations that normally would be primarily mechs and vehicles and a force of infantry to hold territory suddenly are holding it as they go along, allowing blitzkrieg.

We just have to find a way to make Power Armor, and make it battle worthy. Easy to solve really...just take the idea of an exoskeleton and make it bigger. Making it is the hard part though.

As for waiting...yeah...I will do it though even when young...but yeah...I'm a kid...I'll enjoy what I got first :p

Katrina sends a short but bemused reply stating that your peoples have nothing to conflict over, and mentions that while it might sound selfish, she is well pleased to have such a strong and honorable nation on the far border of the Combine keeping them divided, and that ruling her nation is difficult at times, but it is fufilling to know that she can help guide the destiny of her people.

Even so I send her a thank you message for the reply. Most would ignore this or see it as an annoyance. I wish her luck on her future endevors and hope to speak in the future again.

I also send back a reply message a week or so later to Janos with the following things to his words.

Janos on the otherhand sends a long and intimate reply, that both praises you as a brave girl for having the guts to send these messages.

^-^

On the whole, he likes the Federated Suns and while he does not entirely agree with the system of government per-say, as he feels the power of the first prince is too great. In the hands of a good man, it allows him to act swiftly to protect their people, and while the Davions have been blessed with mostly just leaders, all it takes is one less than benevolent man to cause true suffering.

Yeah...to be fair that can happen with any form of goverment really. It however does happen most with goverments that have power centralized in one or more people. So I can understand that. We have also had more then a few rulers who were less then benevolent, and some dummies like Joseph II.

That said, sometimes he envies the fact that your father and now your elder brother don't have to kowtow to Parliament to get anything done.

Yeah, read up on parliment. We have people like that too, but not to that level. It would be funny though if you were able to go "that's it...I'm taking a day off" and walk out. Take that parliment!...I know you can't becaus epeople are dumb and the world would fall apart...but it would be cool. ( I tell hanse that I feel sorry for the guy having to deal with that kind of crap when I hear how much beuricratic crap there really is, which I already knew but not to what extent).

That said, the Federated Suns dedication to human rights is lawdable, and he does not envy your foes as the Federated Suns are trapped between the two most hateful nations in the Inner Sphere. The Capallans are a shared enemy of foul character, but while he is... less than fond to put it kindly, of the Lyran Commonwealth, theirs is a harsh rivalry yes, but it is between two civilized states, and at least they value human life. The Combine on the other hand, does not.

Yeah...Maxi is a creepy old man, and Takashi is an old fart who likes swords too much.

As for the difficulty of rule, it is very hard but he would trust no other. It is a duty that no man should accept lightly, and while it comes with privilege, he wishes that he could simply retire to the country and tend his family in peace. But duty is as heavy as a mountain, and like atlas, he must bare the weight less the world come crashing down around him.

I look like I'm concentraing hard, trying to come up with a solution before I say "Well...there's always family. Maybe your kids could help? I help my brothers all the time when I can. Makes them happy when I do....of course there's alway making a clone of yourself."

The difference was pretty marked when you look at it in full. Janos obvious is used to speaking with yougn children and knows how to communicate with them, while Katrians's was kinda dry and official.

Janos also sent you a plush purple eagle. Or rather he send an order for one to be made according to a specific design by a toy maker on New Avalon... sending it via jumpship would have taken forever.

The Ambassador derived it along with his message. He was very nice and polite.

Your brothers are impressed, and after a thorough examination, the plushy is shown to be perfectly safe and without recording instruments of any kind..

what were they impressed with? What were thier impressions individually?

I thank him for answering the questions before. I explain a little that I had also sent one to Katrina, but she was a bit...stony. She probably didn't know how to talk to a kid like he does, too used to adults and business. It was okay though, she still answered her questions and while more diplomatic, it shows that while it was a tough job she's keeping herself strong about it. I get the impression she was a bit stressed by it though.

I finish the recording of me holding the eagle "I love it!..I shall name you...bob." and huggles.

Ian's like a big kid around you, he likes to play games, and you are the darling of the court.

Cool. He plays the Atlas, and I'll play the speedy little Wasp he has to catch :p

You're a very mature little girl... and when you're older they both think you'd do well as a diplomat. Though you'll have to serve in the military to become a valid heir.

They probably already have an idea of what branch I will liekly be in, though I state that I would try them all just to see what I am really good at.

ASF pilots are pretty cool, and bringing death from above is cool...but then again it would suck to die in space.

Being in the navy might be interesting...space or terrestrial, for the dicipline that is traditional to it since the days of ancient terra.

Mechwarrior...we'll see :p. I'd definately would like to try a LAM out at some point just to see, otherwise...heavy mech. Warhammer...oh yeah. Or Archer. Or rifleman. I'm also surprisingly open to the idea of a Longbow as well....yeah I do love mechs...but infantry is where my mind is at.

Likely infantry. try to go for elite, maybe black ops, kill the really bad badguys. the ones NOBODY should ever know even exist, that for one reason or another are as big a threat as the Liaos or Kuritas. Lest people freak out at how close to the end they actually were.

but that's for the future. Happy Childhood Now! Very Happy
GundamChief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Elias Davion, Age 10

Psyckosama wrote:Gagh! Forgot to hit reply!

Aceraptor wrote:Good for them, I'll be a good little kid and not say anything. Laughing

PRobably for the best.

Heh.

Yep.

No, I mean you're well above average for your age group.

Ah, got it.

You're being a bit paranoid, pup...

Paranoia is a survival trait if they really ARE out to get you! I say jokingly. But in more seriousness, if the other Houses get a wiff of this they are likely to start checking themselves or try to intercept our own efforts, which is quite undesirable. It *is* better to be paranoid about security rather then to not be and have it come and kick us later on.

Wanna press the issue?

Press for it abit, but be satisfied with reasonable security measures if need be. But insist on the one time pads at the very least.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Hmm. didn't get emails to let me know there were replies.
Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Quite alright. Although it makes me feel that the Skye part of my heritage is being neglected. It's a terrible shame Skye doesn't have a technical college or something that can be developed to support our industries?
Such schools are expensive and sadly also would be within easy striking range of both the Snakes and the Birds.
That is unfortunately true. And they seem to statistically be very good at finding them.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I shall see what the Skye Rangers can get me a look at from Sanglamore academy. As for the rest, well, I doubt if I wind up commanding a regiment somewhere, that I'd have all those tools so I shouldn't get reliant upon them.
True. But its still good kit, though the lyran officers aren't quite as willing to play with a child as the FedSuns ones... they're also not as good for the most part.

Maybe there's a connection between not being a stuffed shirt and ability? :p
Possibly. Although being a stuffed shirt isn't the exact problem with the LCAF - more the fact that their senior ranks are clogged with 'social generals' who may be good at fighting but less good at commanding.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Hmm. I shall look at what other nations are doing to avoid that trap. The DCMS and AFFS are generally considered the two best armies. I'll look at the Sun Zhang, Albion and NAMA (now NAIS) Cadres in particular and see if it looks like those would help with that.
The AFFS bases themselves on combined arms and a officer corps based on talent. Even the son of a begger could theoretically become a marshal in the Federated Suns if he had the pure ability needed. For an autocratic state, the Federated Suns military is based highly on merit. They also put an extreme amount of value on the lives of ever soldier from the most skilled mechwarrior to the greenest PBI. This combo of high moral and high ability combined with a solid investment from New Avalon makes them highly effective.

The DCMS on the otherhand is like a cult. Little value is placed on the individual life but personal talent is paramount. Discipline is maintained via brutal methods, and most troops fear their commanders more than the enemy. Their commanders tend to be talented via pure darwinian selection as failure is brutally punished. The offensive is considered almost sacred and they're willing to take massive losses before they surrender. If they surrender. They can keep up because even though their economy is weak, its centered around supporting the military, and combined with driven troops and high numbers they make up for a number of ills.
So it seems that the LCAF (and specifically the Skye Rangers) might benefit from a system that encourages talent... in a suitably Lyran fashion.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Well if so I'll see about trying them out, at least enough to see if I have any aptitude for them (to the extent it can be determined at this age).
You aren't half bad. As you'd expect from someone of your pedigree.
In any particular field? I was trying out ASF, Mechs and tanks as possible areas.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Well I'll do what I can. Proud as I am of my paternal heritage, I don't find my maternal heritage to be second-best.
This is more an issue of money and expertise than anything else.
Alas.

I shall very quietly explore with my mother the possible political and economic consequences of a very cheap and moderately effective tank or IFV that might be mass-produced on the world for the same of providing militia with hundreds or thousands of fighting vehicles with which to swarm over small units of 'Mechs.

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:22 am

afterthought53 wrote:That's good. Shall we skip ahead until we either hear news from Halstead Station or Ian and Hanse return from their adventure?

Yes. I believe the events are best put to music...

From the looks of things the Combine wasn't just caught with the paints down, but with their heads between their knees with their butt-cheeks spread.

They managed this by leaking Intel that a major assault was planned against Al Na'ir and punctuated it with a number of small raids.

You see, its hard to mask the movement of two full RCTs.

Needless to say, they were a bit shocked when it was the 'worthless' world of Halstead Station that was hit when both RCT's jumped in at the planet's pirate point in a vast coordinated assault.

The Combine arrived on planet just in time to see Hanse and Ian fly off laughing their asses off with a mule which contained basically an entire Star League era university in its hold.

You see, unlike in canon they didn't just steal as many books as they could and burn the rest. They took everything that wasn't bolted down then bombed the site to make sure nothing was salvageable.

Understandable, it's far more than any other 10 year old could ever expect. Benefits of being third in line for the big chair Very Happy
I'll stop bothering them and let them work out any issues. Although I'll want to be there if/when they build a prototype.

No problem.

You do hear word that they're working on a missile tank using the same hull. LRM15 and paired SRM4s.

I suppose all we can do is finish all the design work at least until Ian and Hanse come back so I can pester them to let me build my militia toy. I think me pointing them to the Halstead Station Cache will have earned me enough brownie points to get it done. Hopefully, anyway.

And then some. You found the motherload kid. Based on what you said it wasn't hard for MI6 to figure out where the university was.

Ian has taken Hanse's suggestion of building a "New Avalon Institute of Science". He's also going or order your little tank idea fully developed and built... but its going to be called the Aiden.

He'll also order the factory to be construction in the outback.

Kid, right now you're the hero of the day with your family.

Yay, the people/media like me. I won't say anything about it but I think Ian's just waiting for the most opportune time to do so. The Young Prince finding the Star League Cache that begins the technological Renaissance and recovery for the Federated Suns could be such an opportunity. The bad news is it'll bring a lot of Comstar attention on my head.

Indeed it will be. Probably will be announced when they break ground for the new university.

Ian being actually quite magnanimous in personality intends to make this a family affair.

The archive was found due to your insight.

His brother helped him lead the assault.

And it was Hanse's idea to build the school.

All three of you will be breaking ground together.

Eh, just make sure that it supports all the appropriate programs and utilities. We also need good quality control and the standard manufacture's warranty as we don't want a bad reputation for unreliable products. Other than that, nothing really revolutionary.

So you're not going to try your hand at Apple Marketing or anything like that?

Until someone brings in real mechs. Then, it's fun, games, death, and oh so sweet explosions.

Nothing fun about death...

Grrr, she's a tricky one. I shall go along with it, but what she doesn't realize is that MIIO has been keeping an eye on Field Marshal Theodore Bear because he is a suspected traitor. Intelligence just came in exposing his treasonous, traitors, deceiving, lies for what they are and this party is all a trap to take him down with less hassle. We've caught him with his dirty bear paws in the wrong cookie jar. Guards! Guards! Arrest the vile traitor!

She refuses to believe it! Field Marshal Bear has been a loyal servant of the house for decades! It must be a plot... she believes that General Rabbit is behind it.

His record as of late has been too conveniently perfect and he's long coveted the good Field Marshal's success... she would not put it against him to be in bed with the snakes!

We're gonna need help if we're going to properly role play a huge battle to save her. Gather the rest of the palace kids and lets get this giant battle underway. Don't forget to pray that we don't get grounded.

Save her? She fights her own battles!

It ends up being quite the little mock battle. Your bodyguards even pull out their "laser tag" equipment for you kids to make it a proper play fight.

Sadly though it seems wasn't against the lady, but against YOU!

The daughter of one of the maids who ended up taking up the roll of a trooper ended up shooting you in the back and then proclaimed herself an evil DEST infiltrator who'd been surgically modified to look like one of your guards, claiming it was all and evil plot to get you out in the open! MUHAHAHAHA!

While you were "killed" according to the laser tag device, everyone agreed that no proper Davion could fall to such a plot and you were simply wounded.

It seems that Field Marshal Bear heroically sacrificed himself by jumping in front of the bullet!

The 'Assassin' sadly managed to 'escape' with the aid of her co-conspirator, the odious General Rabbet!

Heh, cute kid has her mother's eyes. She'll make a great Archon one day.

Heh.

GundamChief wrote:Elizabeth Davion, 3009

Yes...but it's the odd people who come up with the stuff people use or have to face down the road. Foresight is a gift.

otherwise, coming up with "what ifs" is not only a good excercise of the imagination, but also a good mental challange at times.

True.

There's merit to actually having skill though :p

Not since about the year 2000... :p

Then give me awhile and I'll see about finding...stuff ^_^

About a month later I talk to them both and talk in private about Halstead Station. That there was at one time a university there and was in fact a home for alot of the best and brightest of the Terran Hedgemony and Star League. what brings it to my attention was that, from what I learned of our own universities, they likely have a hidden away safe area for stuff from being truly destroyed. Most importantly to me though...it seems that after the place was hit..hardly anybody went there throughout all the succession wars. Aside from those living there.

I'll keep looking though, but if it would be possible to just to send someone to check? *cute smile*

They'll put some people on the topic to research.

Oh, it has plenty of potential. It would, from a stratigic standpoint, increase the effectiveness of the military forces by many levels. Less troops needed for operations, and less likelyhood of them dying. Plus operations that normally would be dangerous to a fleshy soldier is mitigated by the armor that could possibly withstand mech scale weaponry. Military operations that normally would be primarily mechs and vehicles and a force of infantry to hold territory suddenly are holding it as they go along, allowing blitzkrieg.

We just have to find a way to make Power Armor, and make it battle worthy. Easy to solve really...just take the idea of an exoskeleton and make it bigger. Making it is the hard part though.

As for waiting...yeah...I will do it though even when young...but yeah...I'm a kid...I'll enjoy what I got first :p

They do end up putting a team on light duty R&D.

Even so I send her a thank you message for the reply. Most would ignore this or see it as an annoyance. I wish her luck on her future endevors and hope to speak in the future again.

She ends you a kindly written followup.

I also send back a reply message a week or so later to Janos with the following things to his words.

Okay...

Yeah...to be fair that can happen with any form of goverment really. It however does happen most with goverments that have power centralized in one or more people. So I can understand that. We have also had more then a few rulers who were less then benevolent, and some dummies like Joseph II.

He is aware. The Federated Suns at its best is a model nature, at its worst can be almost as foul as the Capallans.

Like any proper Free Worlder he's a strong fan of checks and balances.

Yeah, read up on parliment. We have people like that too, but not to that level. It would be funny though if you were able to go "that's it...I'm taking a day off" and walk out. Take that parliment!...I know you can't becaus epeople are dumb and the world would fall apart...but it would be cool. ( I tell hanse that I feel sorry for the guy having to deal with that kind of crap when I hear how much beuricratic crap there really is, which I already knew but not to what extent).

Oh, he'd love to be able to do that but you simply can't leave the Viper Pit unguarded.

Yeah...Maxi is a creepy old man, and Takashi is an old fart who likes swords too much.

Quite.

I look like I'm concentraing hard, trying to come up with a solution before I say "Well...there's always family. Maybe your kids could help? I help my brothers all the time when I can. Makes them happy when I do....of course there's alway making a clone of yourself."

Sadly his children tend to be a bit... quarrelsome.

Though perhaps he might be able to delegate some light duties.

what were they impressed with? What were thier impressions individually?

Ian your courage in sending it, Hanse in your diplomatic cleverness in worming your way into Janos's heart Wink

Keep it up.

I thank him for answering the questions before. I explain a little that I had also sent one to Katrina, but she was a bit...stony. She probably didn't know how to talk to a kid like he does, too used to adults and business. It was okay though, she still answered her questions and while more diplomatic, it shows that while it was a tough job she's keeping herself strong about it. I get the impression she was a bit stressed by it though.

Ian simply says "She is."

I finish the recording of me holding the eagle "I love it!..I shall name you...bob." and huggles.

He's pleased that you enjoy it.

You send him anything? If you ask your brothers they'd probably foot the bill, or if its something they'd have in the embassy, have it sent over.

Cool. He plays the Atlas, and I'll play the speedy little Wasp he has to catch :p

Yep!

They probably already have an idea of what branch I will liekly be in, though I state that I would try them all just to see what I am really good at.

They don't like the infantry idea for obvious reasons.

ASF pilots are pretty cool, and bringing death from above is cool...but then again it would suck to die in space.

True.

Grandfather was an ASF jock

Being in the navy might be interesting...space or terrestrial, for the dicipline that is traditional to it since the days of ancient terra.

Yep.

Mechwarrior...we'll see :p. I'd definately would like to try a LAM out at some point just to see, otherwise...heavy mech. Warhammer...oh yeah. Or Archer. Or rifleman. I'm also surprisingly open to the idea of a Longbow as well....yeah I do love mechs...but infantry is where my mind is at.

They're very pro mech.

Likely infantry. try to go for elite, maybe black ops, kill the really bad badguys. the ones NOBODY should ever know even exist, that for one reason or another are as big a threat as the Liaos or Kuritas. Lest people freak out at how close to the end they actually were.

The idea of sending you on a special ops mission makes them grow hives.

but that's for the future. Happy Childhood Now! Very Happy

A yep!

[quote="Aceraptor"]Elias Davion, Age 10

[quote="Psyckosama"]Gagh! Forgot to hit reply!

Aceraptor wrote:
Paranoia is a survival trait if they really ARE out to get you! I say jokingly. But in more seriousness, if the other Houses get a wiff of this they are likely to start checking themselves or try to intercept our own efforts, which is quite undesirable. It *is* better to be paranoid about security rather then to not be and have it come and kick us later on.

Ian gives you a playful thump on the head. He thinks the Liao in you is speaking up. (yes, you are a distant relation to House Liao)

That said Hanse thinks that this is a better safe than sorry situation.

Press for it abit, but be satisfied with reasonable security measures if need be. But insist on the one time pads at the very least.

Oh, Hanse is going to handle it...

Wanna jump ahead to the news or handle anything else.

drakensis wrote:Hmm. didn't get emails to let me know there were replies.

Oh. Sad

Psyckosama wrote:
That is unfortunately true. And they seem to statistically be very good at finding them.

Yep. Very.

drakensis wrote:Possibly. Although being a stuffed shirt isn't the exact problem with the LCAF - more the fact that their senior ranks are clogged with 'social generals' who may be good at fighting but less good at commanding.

Why not both? Wink

But yes, social generals are a problem. It's also the Social Generals who support Free Skye. The lower ranks support your family.

drakensis wrote:
So it seems that the LCAF (and specifically the Skye Rangers) might benefit from a system that encourages talent... in a suitably Lyran fashion.

So, bribes then? :p

drakensis wrote:
In any particular field? I was trying out ASF, Mechs and tanks as possible areas.

You're a good pilot. Mechs and ASFs get the most out of you though.
drakensis wrote:I shall very quietly explore with my mother the possible political and economic consequences of a very cheap and moderately effective tank or IFV that might be mass-produced on the world for the same of providing militia with hundreds or thousands of fighting vehicles with which to swarm over small units of 'Mechs.

She thinks its a good idea but, while its put FAR more diplomatically, this was more an issue of her father not having the same ready access to design teams that can afford to dedicate their time to humoring a child.

Still, it is a solid idea and she'll try and convince her father to invest in some R&D

Still. She's sorry pumpkin Sad

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 am

Ilysa-Aten Davion, 3019
Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Possibly. Although being a stuffed shirt isn't the exact problem with the LCAF - more the fact that their senior ranks are clogged with 'social generals' who may be good at fighting but less good at commanding.
Why not both? Wink

But yes, social generals are a problem. It's also the Social Generals who support Free Skye. The lower ranks support your family.
That sounds like we might need some kind of 'staff college' to put promising junior officers into to hone their skills so that they can become loyal senior officers. That's going to take a long time to get working though and there would need to be officer slots they could take. Like, maybe a network of 'militia' armoured regiments that could be relied on defensively (keeping the snakes and vultures off) and politically (to balance against Free Skye).

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:So it seems that the LCAF (and specifically the Skye Rangers) might benefit from a system that encourages talent... in a suitably Lyran fashion.
So, bribes then? :p
Actually I was thinking more like a contest that gives shiny medals to add to the shiny uniforms. Some sort of tournament for strategy games. Archon Katrina is very fond of such games so if it were known that officers who score highly in such games may be looked favourably on, it may be an avenue for advancement for strategically minded officers and at least get the rest thinking about it.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:In any particular field? I was trying out ASF, Mechs and tanks as possible areas.
You're a good pilot. Mechs and ASFs get the most out of you though.
Hmm. Interesting. I'll see what I can get out of that.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I shall very quietly explore with my mother the possible political and economic consequences of a very cheap and moderately effective tank or IFV that might be mass-produced on the world for the same of providing militia with hundreds or thousands of fighting vehicles with which to swarm over small units of 'Mechs.
She thinks its a good idea but, while its put FAR more diplomatically, this was more an issue of her father not having the same ready access to design teams that can afford to dedicate their time to humoring a child.

Still, it is a solid idea and she'll try and convince her father to invest in some R&D

Still. She's sorry pumpkin Sad
Oh, that's okay. I knew it wasn't the sort of thing that would be easy to do. Just talking about hundreds of tanks would be difficult even if such a design existed. I was more concerned at this point about whether such an idea would be a political landmine that should be avoided. If she doesn't think it's a bad idea then maybe something might be worked out in years to come.

I just have the idea of the Kurita's landing one of their light mech companies on a raid and then being run down by entire regiments of militia tanks before they could get at our people. I imagine that idea appeals to an extent to mother and grandfather. It'd probably be quite hard on the militia though.

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Aiden Davion
Year: late 3010

Psyckosama wrote:
afterthought53 wrote:That's good. Shall we skip ahead until we either hear news from Halstead Station or Ian and Hanse return from their adventure?

Yes. I believe the events are best put to music...

From the looks of things the Combine wasn't just caught with the paints down, but with their heads between their knees with their butt-cheeks spread.

They managed this by leaking Intel that a major assault was planned against Al Na'ir and punctuated it with a number of small raids.

You see, its hard to mask the movement of two full RCTs.

Needless to say, they were a bit shocked when it was the 'worthless' world of Halstead Station that was hit when both RCT's jumped in at the planet's pirate point in a vast coordinated assault.

The Combine arrived on planet just in time to see Hanse and Ian fly off laughing their asses off with a mule which contained basically an entire Star League era university in its hold.

You see, unlike in canon they didn't just steal as many books as they could and burn the rest. They took everything that wasn't bolted down then bombed the site to make sure nothing was salvageable.
Laughing Dracs getting owned, gotta love it. I'll remember how effective a feint can be against the Snakes as I plan on doing something similar to them again later on.

No problem.

You do hear word that they're working on a missile tank using the same hull. LRM15 and paired SRM4s.
Perfect, we can deploy them in groups and they should synergies quite well. If they haven't thought of a name yet, might I recommend naming it the Pryde. Just something about Aiden's and Pryde's kicking ass together appeals to me.

And then some. You found the motherload kid. Based on what you said it wasn't hard for MI6 to figure out where the university was.

Ian has taken Hanse's suggestion of building a "New Avalon Institute of Science". He's also going or order your little tank idea fully developed and built... but its going to be called the Aiden.

He'll also order the factory to be construction in the outback.

Kid, right now you're the hero of the day with your family.
Awww shucks, thanks I really appreciate it. I'm just trying to live up to your examples. Embarassed
Yay, I'm finally pulling my own weight around here and I get my tank(s) built. I'll ask if I can get that offer extended to the Pryde as well as the Aiden since they'll work best together.

Indeed it will be. Probably will be announced when they break ground for the new university.

Ian being actually quite magnanimous in personality intends to make this a family affair.

The archive was found due to your insight.

His brother helped him lead the assault.

And it was Hanse's idea to build the school.

All three of you will be breaking ground together.
I'll try my best to be the Perfect Little Prince. I'll also announce my intention to enroll in NAIS as soon as I'm ready. If asked to comment, I'll say something along the lines of this being a great victory for the Federate Suns and Humanity as whole as we can finally stop and reverse the technological decline that has plagued us.

So you're not going to try your hand at Apple Marketing or anything like that?
Gods no. Apple's "Flash is Dead" and Quikscell's "Quality Control, never heard of it" are object lessons in what not to do.

Nothing fun about death...
Indeed, not fun but sometimes necessary. Rather the death of a Snake than a Feddie.

She refuses to believe it! Field Marshal Bear has been a loyal servant of the house for decades! It must be a plot... she believes that General Rabbit is behind it.

His record as of late has been too conveniently perfect and he's long coveted the good Field Marshal's success... she would not put it against him to be in bed with the snakes!

Save her? She fights her own battles!

It ends up being quite the little mock battle. Your bodyguards even pull out their "laser tag" equipment for you kids to make it a proper play fight.

Sadly though it seems wasn't against the lady, but against YOU!

The daughter of one of the maids who ended up taking up the roll of a trooper ended up shooting you in the back and then proclaimed herself an evil DEST infiltrator who'd been surgically modified to look like one of your guards, claiming it was all and evil plot to get you out in the open! MUHAHAHAHA!

While you were "killed" according to the laser tag device, everyone agreed that no proper Davion could fall to such a plot and you were simply wounded.

It seems that Field Marshal Bear heroically sacrificed himself by jumping in front of the bullet!

The 'Assassin' sadly managed to 'escape' with the aid of her co-conspirator, the odious General Rabbet!
Holy Hell!! that sounds epic and a great lesson/training for the kids.
Field Marshal Bear is cleared of all charges and appointed the daunting task of leading the daunting task of delivering our reprisal to the Snakes. Their evil ways shall not be tolerated. He is to drop on Luthien with 20 RCTS, steal their chocolate, and replace all Combine flags/banners/symbols with Federated Suns iconography. While Field Marshal Bear is doing that, Prince Davion will be busy coordinating the seizure/destruction of all candy warehouses and chocolate factories in the Combine.

All Your Chocolate Are Belong To Us !!

My Grounding should be over by now, so I'll hit the sims with a vengeance to try to make up for lost time. My mech of choice will be the Battlemaster like dear old dad and I'll gladly take any tips or hints thrown my way.

Last edited by afterthought53 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
afterthought53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Elias Davion, Age 10

Ian gives you a playful thump on the head. He thinks the Liao in you is speaking up. (yes, you are a distant relation to House Liao)

*grin* it also doesn't help to have a former spy as my mother! Laughing

That said Hanse thinks that this is a better safe than sorry situation.

*nods sagely* Very true.

Oh, Hanse is going to handle it...

Well, Hanse is Hanse. Laughing

Wanna jump ahead to the news or handle anything else.

One thing I do want to try is to ask Ian and Hanse about looking into creating a militia tank that is cheap but effective. Say, a 40 to 50 ton tank with ICE to keep the costs down and a AC10 for its main punch, a SRM6 perhaps and a LRM5 to give it a stronger short range punch and a lonhger ranged reach. With a good amount of armor.

Cheap and mass produceable with not much frill. Dependable weapons to make them effective. Can be used to bolster planetary militias and free up mechs for offensive duty.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:18 am

Elizabeth Davion, 3009, Age 10

Psyckosama wrote:True.

On that note "Hey hanse? How wierd, and effective would it be if the Snakes or Crazies (Kurita / Liao) were to somehow capture Ian in a battle and replace him with a clone that was programmed with enough knowledge to pass off as him?"

Not since about the year 2000... :p

Consider me old school then :p

I actually do ask for a teacher and try to gain some real skill.

They'll put some people on the topic to research.

I simply nod and say I'll keep up my own looking for stuff. Let me know if something does come out of it.

They do end up putting a team on light duty R&D.

All I guess I can expect at this point. Oh well.

She ends you a kindly written followup.

and on that note, I guess Melissa will have to be what loosens her up. Too bad there isn't much I can do to relieve some stress...without compromising mself.

He is aware. The Federated Suns at its best is a model nature, at its worst can be almost as foul as the Capallans.

Like any proper Free Worlder he's a strong fan of checks and balances.

another few weeks I send the following replies.

I'm a fan of the old United States of America myself. (OOC: Razz )

Oh, he'd love to be able to do that but you simply can't leave the Viper Pit unguarded.

I read up more on how your goverment works. I have to say...wow...Viper Pit is pretty much what it is. I actually watched (with a bit of help from my brothers) a previous parliment session, and watched a recent session on FWLPN (Free Worlds League Policital Network).

I'm surprised anything gets done with so many people out for themselves and thier worlds. All they do is argue about who deserves and should get what until a compromise gets made, and at times it goes against odds of other members who have thier own agendas, and if they manage in the end to come to an agreement on how things are done for the next few years, people who were friends could end up being enemies.

I lay my head on the desk "I can see why so many people have high blood pressure from politics now. I'm only ten, and I'm tempted to pick the lock to Ian's drink cabinet. I could really do with a scotch on the rocks."

I stop being dramatic and sigh.

Which brings up a new question. Doesn't the "Home Defense Act" actually violate the Captain-General's ability to handle a crisis? By withholding forces for the Free World League to combat clear and present dangers, they are in turn putting the league as a whole in harms way. If one member witholds thier military to "protect themselves" while another is in clear need of aid, they in turn undermine the powers they bestowed on your office and thus are in violation right?

Sadly his children tend to be a bit... quarrelsome.

Though perhaps he might be able to delegate some light duties.

In the words of some old dead guy on terra from 5000 years back "Make the kids do the work, so you can handle the important stuff. Like drinking beer."

This is both said seariously and as a joke.

He's pleased that you enjoy it.

You send him anything? If you ask your brothers they'd probably foot the bill, or if its something they'd have in the embassy, have it sent over.

I have made a Trivid Cessete. This one contains hundreds of locations around New Avalon and various other worlds, including earth, of Relaxing places. These Holos are able to handle up to areas of 50 x 50 x50 feet so it not only looks real but also sounds and gives off the same sense that it's real. Locations rang from beaches, to wilderness, to deserts, to winter forests. All sorts.

With a note that says "Something to help you take it easy when life gives you rotton lemons."

On that note. I know the time is coming soon for his son to die, along with his wife, and his daughter, all within a two year frame.

So I look into finding a way to send a one time tablet to him through diplomatic channels. Make it so there's no way to trace it back to me or my family without a shitton of searching.

On this one time tablet, I code name the message "Cassandra" and tell him that "It's always when it's least expected that it seems the worst Mr. Marik. It's unfortunate for all parents when thier child is lost, especially when it could have been prevented. It worse when the child has barely begun to live thier life. So much to be seen and done, never to happen. Have you seen the signs? Should you have paid more attention? Your namesake is not long for this world, unless you choose to see these signs."

This is the only one I'll send for now. I'll wait until next year to send the next one about his wife.

Afterwards I ask Hanse and Ian (mostly Hanse) about how well doing talking with the Peripher nations would be? I can obviously do it with Janos, and kinda with Katrina (though that might need time), and I didn't do it with Maximillian and Takashi for obvious reasons. I could do it with Comstar...the Precentor in charge I mean....but I doubt I would get past an acolyte, might get a text message at the most.

Then we got the leaders of the periphery nations like Zarantha Calderon of the Taurian Concordat, then there's Niel Avellar of the Outworlds Alliance (though his son is someone to know too).

Maybe I should stick with just one leader and work my diplomatic skills from there.

Yep!

Then I play pilot to an Atlas. He carries me while we chase Hanse around! Enemy Battlemaster! Ho!!

They don't like the infantry idea for obvious reasons.

Hence why I want to make power armor. Not just for me, but for all infantry.

True.

Grandfather was an ASF jock

Yeah...and was killed for it. Did we ever get rid of those warrior cabals?

If I went for ASF...I'd want to get a Stuka. Awesomest ASF ever.

Yep.

"These are the voyages of the FSS Enterprise. Her five year mission to explore strange new worlds. To seek out lost colonies and bring new hope. To boldly kick butt like it's never been kicked before!"

Salute "Captain Davion reporting for duty."

They're very pro mech.

Of course they are :p, as am I...though I am pro-anything-that-makes-things-explode Very Happy

Hmm....how about the former kings, Tanks? Maybe I can make a mini-tank. We have the technology! :3

The idea of sending you on a special ops mission makes them grow hives.

*Raises eyebrow* I nod at thier reaction and say that I understand and I might grow out of the whol wanting to be infantry.

Last thing they need to deal with, since you are both privy to what happens in such missions in thier fullest detail, is me being in the middle of a city, where everything and everyone is trying to kill me. Or worse, be in such a place and left behind enemy lines, in the Cappelan Confederation, with Death Commandos chasing me in the dozens.

Yes...I am trying to make thier reactions worse >:3

A yep!

Whee!

...Lets do some Mech simulators!
GundamChief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:57 pm

drakensis wrote:Ilysa-Aten Davion, 3019

That sounds like we might need some kind of 'staff college' to put promising junior officers into to hone their skills so that they can become loyal senior officers. That's going to take a long time to get working though and there would need to be officer slots they could take. Like, maybe a network of 'militia' armoured regiments that could be relied on defensively (keeping the snakes and vultures off) and politically (to balance against Free Skye).

While he thinks you're a bright child, your grandfather isn't about to take those kinds of suggestions seriously from a little girl. You'd best try and convince a grownup he respects to argue the point for you.

Actually I was thinking more like a contest that gives shiny medals to add to the shiny uniforms. Some sort of tournament for strategy games. Archon Katrina is very fond of such games so if it were known that officers who score highly in such games may be looked favourably on, it may be an avenue for advancement for strategically minded officers and at least get the rest thinking about it.

Ah. So both. Wink

Again though you need someone to help you make the point.

Oh, that's okay. I knew it wasn't the sort of thing that would be easy to do. Just talking about hundreds of tanks would be difficult even if such a design existed. I was more concerned at this point about whether such an idea would be a political landmine that should be avoided. If she doesn't think it's a bad idea then maybe something might be worked out in years to come.

Well, there's always the design daddy had built for you.

I just have the idea of the Kurita's landing one of their light mech companies on a raid and then being run down by entire regiments of militia tanks before they could get at our people. I imagine that idea appeals to an extent to mother and grandfather. It'd probably be quite hard on the militia though.

It's happened before... you've seen the Battleroms

So, back to New Avalon with ye!

afterthought53 wrote:Aiden Davion

Laughing Dracs getting owned, gotta love it. I'll remember how effective a feint can be against the Snakes as I plan on doing something similar to them again later on.

Okay.

Perfect, we can deploy them in groups and they should synergies quite well. If they haven't thought of a name yet, might I recommend naming it the Pryde. Just something about Aiden's and Pryde's kicking ass together appeals to me.

They're both the same tank just different model... and ironically they seem to like the missile version more in testing.

Awww shucks, thanks I really appreciate it. I'm just trying to live up to your examples. Embarassed

You're a good kid. Smile

Yay, I'm finally pulling my own weight around here and I get my tank(s) built. I'll ask if I can get that offer extended to the Pryde as well as the Aiden since they'll work best together.

Maybe later on.

I'll try my best to be the Perfect Little Prince. I'll also announce my intention to enroll in NAIS as soon as I'm ready. If asked to comment, I'll say something along the lines of this being a great victory for the Federate Suns and Humanity as whole as we can finally stop and reverse the technological decline that has plagued us.

The ground breaking is planned for 3 months. They're getting the planning together. It's basically your old man's pet project right now.

Gods no. Apple's "Flash is Dead" and Quikscell's "Quality Control, never heard of it" are object lessons in what not to do.

Oh, I was thinking the whole "Glitz" marketing approach they do.

Field Marshal Bear is cleared of all charges and appointed the daunting task of leading the daunting task of delivering our reprisal to the Snakes. Their evil ways shall not be tolerated. He is to drop on Luthien with 20 RCTS, steal their chocolate, and replace all Combine flags/banners/symbols with Federated Suns iconography. While Field Marshal Bear is doing that, Prince Davion will be busy coordinating the seizure/destruction of all candy warehouses and chocolate factories in the Combine.

By this time your uncles seen whats up, is amused, but claims that 20 RTC's would pull too much off the defenses.

Plus denying the combine chocolate is the kind of thing that could bring back the horrors of the first succession war. People take that personally kid! Wink

My Grounding should be over by now, so I'll hit the sims with a vengeance to try to make up for lost time. My mech of choice will be the Battlemaster like dear old dad and I'll gladly take any tips or hints thrown my way.

Yes it is.

And he basically talks to you about the basics.

Aceraptor wrote:
*grin* it also doesn't help to have a former spy as my mother! Laughing

Former?

She is still somewhat working with MI6.

One thing I do want to try is to ask Ian and Hanse about looking into creating a militia tank that is cheap but effective. Say, a 40 to 50 ton tank with ICE to keep the costs down and a AC10 for its main punch, a SRM6 perhaps and a LRM5 to give it a stronger short range punch and a lonhger ranged reach. With a good amount of armor.

Cheap and mass produceable with not much frill. Dependable weapons to make them effective. Can be used to bolster planetary militias and free up mechs for offensive duty.

You're not fitting all of that in an ICE tank without going thin on the armor or making it glacially slow.

Now, give me a 2d6 roll.

GundamChief wrote:Elizabeth Davion, 3009, Age 10

On that note "Hey hanse? How wierd, and effective would it be if the Snakes or Crazies (Kurita / Liao) were to somehow capture Ian in a battle and replace him with a clone that was programmed with enough knowledge to pass off as him?"

He gives you a pat on the head and tells you that kinda stuff only happens in the Trivids.

I actually do ask for a teacher and try to gain some real skill.

Okay. You're not bad.

I simply nod and say I'll keep up my own looking for stuff. Let me know if something does come out of it.

Six months later two of the davion guard RTCs leave on a little trip...

All I guess I can expect at this point. Oh well.

Yep.

and on that note, I guess Melissa will have to be what loosens her up. Too bad there isn't much I can do to relieve some stress...without compromising mself.

She's not used to children.

another few weeks I send the following replies.

I'm a fan of the old United States of America myself. (OOC: Razz )

Wasn't a perfect system and lead to the failure of the Terran Alliance but still had many admirable features.

I read up more on how your goverment works. I have to say...wow...Viper Pit is pretty much what it is. I actually watched (with a bit of help from my brothers) a previous parliment session, and watched a recent session on FWLPN (Free Worlds League Policital Network).

Children shouldn't watch horrible things. It'll give you nightmares.

He knows he's gotten a couple. :p

I'm surprised anything gets done with so many people out for themselves and thier worlds. All they do is argue about who deserves and should get what until a compromise gets made, and at times it goes against odds of other members who have thier own agendas, and if they manage in the end to come to an agreement on how things are done for the next few years, people who were friends could end up being enemies.

That's the nature of politics, and the way democracy works is the idea of ambition checking ambition.

I lay my head on the desk "I can see why so many people have high blood pressure from politics now. I'm only ten, and I'm tempted to pick the lock to Ian's drink cabinet. I could really do with a scotch on the rocks."

You're a little young for that. He suggests root beer floats at your age.

Which brings up a new question. Doesn't the "Home Defense Act" actually violate the Captain-General's ability to handle a crisis? By withholding forces for the Free World League to combat clear and present dangers, they are in turn putting the league as a whole in harms way. If one member witholds thier military to "protect themselves" while another is in clear need of aid, they in turn undermine the powers they bestowed on your office and thus are in violation right?

Only if there is a state of national emergency declared.

In the words of some old dead guy on terra from 5000 years back "Make the kids do the work, so you can handle the important stuff. Like drinking beer."

This is both said seariously and as a joke.

Sadly though when fathers away the children will play.

I have made a Trivid Cessete. This one contains hundreds of locations around New Avalon and various other worlds, including earth, of Relaxing places. These Holos are able to handle up to areas of 50 x 50 x50 feet so it not only looks real but also sounds and gives off the same sense that it's real. Locations rang from beaches, to wilderness, to deserts, to winter forests. All sorts.

With a note that says "Something to help you take it easy when life gives you rotton lemons."

You have his honest thanks.

On that note. I know the time is coming soon for his son to die, along with his wife, and his daughter, all within a two year frame.

So I look into finding a way to send a one time tablet to him through diplomatic channels. Make it so there's no way to trace it back to me or my family without a shitton of searching.

Do you let your brothers know about it?

On this one time tablet, I code name the message "Cassandra" and tell him that "It's always when it's least expected that it seems the worst Mr. Marik. It's unfortunate for all parents when thier child is lost, especially when it could have been prevented. It worse when the child has barely begun to live thier life. So much to be seen and done, never to happen. Have you seen the signs? Should you have paid more attention? Your namesake is not long for this world, unless you choose to see these signs."

This is the only one I'll send for now. I'll wait until next year to send the next one about his wife.

Okay. Well, you don't know what he does about it.

Afterwards I ask Hanse and Ian (mostly Hanse) about how well doing talking with the Peripher nations would be? I can obviously do it with Janos, and kinda with Katrina (though that might need time), and I didn't do it with Maximillian and Takashi for obvious reasons. I could do it with Comstar...the Precentor in charge I mean....but I doubt I would get past an acolyte, might get a text message at the most.

Go ahead. Couldn't hurt...

You've seemed to have made nice enough with Janos.

Then we got the leaders of the periphery nations like Zarantha Calderon of the Taurian Concordat, then there's Niel Avellar of the Outworlds Alliance (though his son is someone to know too).

There's also the Canopians.

Maybe I should stick with just one leader and work my diplomatic skills from there.

If you'd like.

Then I play pilot to an Atlas. He carries me while we chase Hanse around! Enemy Battlemaster! Ho!!

Heh.

He does playfully tell you about the time he once beat an enemy mech to death with a shattered Locust Wink

Hence why I want to make power armor. Not just for me, but for all infantry.

They can see uses though...

Yeah...and was killed for it. Did we ever get rid of those warrior cabals?

Father was quite... aggressive in his termination of those cabals.

If I went for ASF...I'd want to get a Stuka. Awesomest ASF ever.

Heh

"These are the voyages of the FSS Enterprise. Her five year mission to explore strange new worlds. To seek out lost colonies and bring new hope. To boldly kick butt like it's never been kicked before!"

Salute "Captain Davion reporting for duty."

Don't get ahead of yourself, midshipman! :p

Of course they are :p, as am I...though I am pro-anything-that-makes-things-explode Very Happy

Heh.

Hmm....how about the former kings, Tanks? Maybe I can make a mini-tank. We have the technology! :3

Not really.

*Raises eyebrow* I nod at thier reaction and say that I understand and I might grow out of the whol wanting to be infantry.

Last thing they need to deal with, since you are both privy to what happens in such missions in thier fullest detail, is me being in the middle of a city, where everything and everyone is trying to kill me. Or worse, be in such a place and left behind enemy lines, in the Cappelan Confederation, with Death Commandos chasing me in the dozens.

Yes...I am trying to make thier reactions worse >:3

"That's it. You're not leaving home until you're 40."

...Lets do some Mech simulators!

Done!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Ilysa-Aten Davion, 3019

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:That sounds like we might need some kind of 'staff college' to put promising junior officers into to hone their skills so that they can become loyal senior officers. That's going to take a long time to get working though and there would need to be officer slots they could take. Like, maybe a network of 'militia' armoured regiments that could be relied on defensively (keeping the snakes and vultures off) and politically (to balance against Free Skye).
While he thinks you're a bright child, your grandfather isn't about to take those kinds of suggestions seriously from a little girl. You'd best try and convince a grownup he respects to argue the point for you.
I shall start cultivating my bodyguards to learn about military careers and 'culture'. They have to be trusted to get this job, so who knows where they might wind up in a few years.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Actually I was thinking more like a contest that gives shiny medals to add to the shiny uniforms. Some sort of tournament for strategy games. Archon Katrina is very fond of such games so if it were known that officers who score highly in such games may be looked favourably on, it may be an avenue for advancement for strategically minded officers and at least get the rest thinking about it.
Ah. So both. Wink

Again though you need someone to help you make the point.
I'll see about learning such games. It's probably useful to know anyway and it might give me something to talk to Katrina about someday.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Oh, that's okay. I knew it wasn't the sort of thing that would be easy to do. Just talking about hundreds of tanks would be difficult even if such a design existed. I was more concerned at this point about whether such an idea would be a political landmine that should be avoided. If she doesn't think it's a bad idea then maybe something might be worked out in years to come.
Well, there's always the design daddy had built for you.
True, although that's a bit more expensive than I had in mind for that role. It would still be useful for militia, just not in that exact role.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I just have the idea of the Kurita's landing one of their light mech companies on a raid and then being run down by entire regiments of militia tanks before they could get at our people. I imagine that idea appeals to an extent to mother and grandfather. It'd probably be quite hard on the militia though.
It's happened before... you've seen the Battleroms
Did it work? And what were the differences between occasions when it did and when it didn't?

Psyckosama wrote:So, back to New Avalon with ye!
Off I blast into space. Maybe I can visit Tharkad next year.

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Former?

She is still somewhat working with MI6.

Okay, active spy! Semantics!

You're not fitting all of that in an ICE tank without going thin on the armor or making it glacially slow.

Right, I'm thinking of something like this:

Code:
          BattleTech Vehicle Technical Readout
                      VALIDATED

Type/Model:    Bulwalk 
Tech:          Inner Sphere / 3060
Config:        Tracked Vehicle
Rules:        Level 1, Standard design

Mass:          50 tons
Power Plant:  150 I.C.E.
Cruise Speed:  32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Armor Type:    Standard
Armament:     
  1 Autocannon/10
  2 SRM 4s
  1 Machine Gun
Manufacturer:  (Unknown)
Communications System:  (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System:  (Unknown)

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model:    Bulwalk 
Mass:          50 tons

Equipment:                                Items    Mass
Int. Struct.:  25 pts Standard              0      5.00
Engine:        150 I.C.E.                    0    11.00
    Cruise MP:  3
    Flank MP:  5
Heat Sinks:      0 Single                    0      .00
Cockpit & Controls:                          0      2.50
Crew: 4 Members                              0      .00
Turret Equipment:                            0      2.00
Armor Factor:  128 pts Standard              0      8.00

Internal    Armor
                          Structure  Value
  Front:                    5        46
  Left / Right Sides:        5      31/31
  Rear:                      5        20
  Turret:                    5          0

Weapons and Equipment    Loc  Heat  Ammo  Items    Mass
1 Autocannon/10          Turret  0  30    2    15.00
2 SRM 4s                Turret  0  25    3      5.00
1 Machine Gun            Turret  0  200    2      1.50
TOTALS:                          0          7    50.00
Items & Tons Left:                          8      .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost:        991,500 C-Bills
Battle Value:      393
Cost per BV:      2,522.9
Weapon Value:      296 / 296 (Ratio = .75 / .75)
Damage Factors:    SRDmg = 17;  MRDmg = 7;  LRDmg = 1
BattleForce2:      MP: 3T,  Armor/Structure: 0 / 5
                  Damage PB/M/L: 2/2/-,  Overheat: 0
                  Class: GM;  Point Value: 4

Abit lacking in speed, but its good enough for militia.

Or we can use a version that has a AC10 with 5 tons of ammo or 4 tons with all the rest of the tonnage going to armor.

Now, give me a 2d6 roll.

Got it.

Last edited by Aceraptor on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:32 pm

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd6' : 3, 6

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:22 pm

Aiden Davion

Psyckosama wrote:

Okay.

They're both the same tank just different model... and ironically they seem to like the missile version more in testing.
I think they're seriously underestimating the AC-10 version, but what do I know, I'm just a kid. So long as the militia gets a new tough tank they can use to kick pirates in the balls, I'm happy.

You're a good kid. Smile
Thanks, I'm working on being the best. Wait till you see what I find next... Muahahaha Twisted Evil

Maybe later on.
Ok, Uncle I'll make sure to bug you about it later Laughing

The ground breaking is planned for 3 months. They're getting the planning together. It's basically your old man's pet project right now.
Cool, I'll walk in on him working in his study and see if I can't get a sneak preview of what it'll look like. I'll also 'advise' him to get rid of the pesky age limitation that won't let me enroll in NAMA.

Oh, I was thinking the whole "Glitz" marketing approach they do.
Oh that, yea lets Glitz it up. It'll help sell more units and I do like cool names.

By this time your uncles seen whats up, is amused, but claims that 20 RTC's would pull too much off the defenses.

Plus denying the combine chocolate is the kind of thing that could bring back the horrors of the first succession war. People take that personally kid! Wink
How about bribing the Lyrans with something shiny, like say recovered Star League technology, so they do some heavy raiding all over the Dieron, Benjamin, and Rasalhague to distract the DCMS. Like say 25 mech regiments worth of raiders across three districts, 10 for Dieron, 10 for Benjamin, and 5 for Rasalhague at a vague date of our choosing. Perhaps between January and February 3012 and we leave open for them to use either house units or mercenaries or any combination there of. They can raid or invade so long as the DCMS is distracted. We also bribe the FWLM with the same technology to raid/invade across three Capellan Commonalities, 5 for Tikonov, 10 for Sarna, 10 for Capella.

Then while our neighbors are distracted we strike at their Chocolate Factory Worlds like Al'Nair, Tikonov and various buffer worlds so we can have our cake and eat it too. Thus we take some of their chocolate but not all of it so they won't revert back o the horrors of the First Secession War.

Yes it is.

And he basically talks to you about the basics.
Excellent, I'll spend as much time as I can in the sims and with my nose in my books so I can pass the entrance exams for NAIS once its up and running. Unfortunately, I'll have to cut back my play time with the other kids by at least half so I can progress as much as possible but I'll still make time when I can and keep in touch.

Over dinner with the family, I'll bring up to Unlce and Dad how the new civilian technology recovered on Halstead Station will be boosting our economy as its introduced and implemented. Why not sell copies of the civilian tech to the Lyrans and Mariks a few months after introducing it to our own economy so we can bootstrap the outback with Steiner/Marik funds. This way we'll have a booming economy and full coffers. It will strengthen Steiner and Marik, yes, but them being stronger means our hostile neighbors will have to devote more attention/forces in covering their borders with Marik/Steiner thus devoting less attention/forces their border with us. I don't know, just an idea.

Lastly, if the Halstead Station Haul has been categorized, I'll request copies of any historical documents and star maps to see if I can find some more treasure.
afterthought53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Elizabeth Davion, Age 10, 3009

Psyckosama wrote:He gives you a pat on the head and tells you that kinda stuff only happens in the Trivids.

...and yet we have the technology to do it...hence why I ask....*shrugs*

Questions another day when you'll take me seriously *pouts cutely*

Okay. You're not bad.

Not bad is not good. I want to be good.

Six months later two of the davion guard RTCs leave on a little trip...

If Ian and Hanse are goin, I just say to take what they need to get the job completely done and be safe. If the snakes caught wind of this, they would rain down more then they might be able to handle. Maybe one more RTC if possible. Otherwise, do some distractions, and misdirection. Deep strikes and raids on worlds that are more valuable and away from where they are going. Otherwise...I give them hugs and ask them to be safe, and do what they nned to do to come home safely. Not get killed because of me.

Yep.

T_T

Can't wait for it to be taken more seriously.

Wasn't a perfect system and lead to the failure of the Terran Alliance but still had many admirable features.

Well...what led to the failures ultimately was the fact they did three things.

A: They spent more on developing technology then improving living standards.
B: They spread too far out too fast.
C: They lost sight of thier goals and what the alliance was all about.

While technological advancement was important, they could have just as easily gone slower about it and did what they could at home first.

That's my opinion though.

It was a good idea though...they just messed up.

Children shouldn't watch horrible things. It'll give you nightmares.

He knows he's gotten a couple. :p

I believe it. That Catherine Humphreys kinda freaks me out. Is she ALWAYS a shrill and rude witch lady? That attitude would never fly over in our courts, even if her tactics did.

That's the nature of politics, and the way democracy works is the idea of ambition checking ambition.

I know...it just seems too daunting at times.

Worse since it's my fate to deal with it as Princess of the Sun....(flat)Yay.

You're a little young for that. He suggests root beer floats at your age.

I can have a few, but I can't become a root beeraholic. I'm a Gymnist and martial artist, so while I can keep my figure, I can gourge :p

Only if there is a state of national emergency declared.

...isn't that what the crisis is though?

Sadly though when fathers away the children will play.

Then they don't have enough work :p

Seriously though, while I can't say much for your older kids, your younger kids are who I'm refering to.

I've read what I'm allowed to, and I think your younger kids would make good helpers really, if only for go-fors and just to have as company.

Your son, Paul, it seems from what I learned he likes tech stuff like your older son Thomas. He might be helpful in data entry and looking stuff up for you? He can also learn about the horrors of politics :p

Kristin could help you with organizing files and how to run things since she's got ambitions that even I have heard of.

I was used as such when I was young and learned alot. I know what I want to kinda do when I get older because of it, though things can change.

Being a diplomat looks harder then I thought Sad

You have his honest thanks.

^-^

Do you let your brothers know about it?

I might not be able to hide it.

If I can't, then I tell them that It's because Janos doesn't know or trust me or the Fed Suns in general yet to listen. I may be wrong, maybe he'd listen if it came from one of them, but I know his son has something wrong. I saw it on Celebrity Watch, and alot of other stuff to learn the different versions of his family as I communicate with Janos Sr., and Janos II showed signs of possible mental problems. I looked at the footage in detail and did some....admittedly amaturish daignostic checks on what disorders have these signs. They all point to epilepcy of some form. I felt if I did this, he would take it seriously enough to do some checks before something bad did actually happen. Janos Sr. may be the leader of a rival nation, but nobody should lose thier child so young.

I make it perfectly clear to Ian and Hanse that I'm 100% certain of this and I'm not budging on the issue. They can check themselves if they want. I know I'm right.

Okay. Well, you don't know what he does about it.

That's what celebrity news is for :p

Go ahead. Couldn't hurt...

You've seemed to have made nice enough with Janos.

Right...we'll see soon then.

There's also the Canopians.

Yeah, but while I could be the one to open dialogue with them, they are very untrusting of the FWL. The leader isn't too friendly either.

If you'd like.

Hmm...we'll see.

I'll have to see how things pan out with Janos first.

Don't get ahead of yourself, midshipman! :p

Oh Noes. For acting above my rank I have to be tried before a naval tribuneral...washing all of the walls, cealings and floors with a tooth brush and Spit!

"That's it. You're not leaving home until you're 40."

Oh pooh...now I won't be used for a politically convienient marriage...>:3

Done!

Hard Mode! Survive battle against enemies in first succession war as nukes fall. Go!!!

seriously. To build skill fast, do training from hell. You learn what to and now to do and how to do real fast, lest you get your ass shot off.[b]
GundamChief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:38 am

drakensis wrote:Ilysa-Aten Davion, 3019

I shall start cultivating my bodyguards to learn about military careers and 'culture'. They have to be trusted to get this job, so who knows where they might wind up in a few years.

Your guards are willing to listen to you and help you out to a degree, as long as youcan convince them.

I'll see about learning such games. It's probably useful to know anyway and it might give me something to talk to Katrina about someday.

Indeed it could.

True, although that's a bit more expensive than I had in mind for that role. It would still be useful for militia, just not in that exact role.

True. Would you like to talk to NIAS about the possibility of the "Cheapest tank possible"

Did it work? And what were the differences between occasions when it did and when it didn't?
just that its very rare. Those companies are good at dodging large groups of conventionals. Its why they exist really

Off I blast into space. Maybe I can visit Tharkad next year.

If you ask nicely your mother might make the arrangements.

Daddy's overjoyed to see you.

Your mother escorts you to New Avalon and of course mother and father are a bit absent the first couple days before she returns back to the commonwealth.

Funny that.

Aceraptor wrote:Okay, active spy! Semantics!

Heh.

Right, I'm thinking of something like this:

Abit lacking in speed, but its good enough for militia.

Or we can use a version that has a AC10 with 5 tons of ammo or 4 tons with all the rest of the tonnage going to armor.

Too damned slow. Militia tanks need to be able to respond to threats and get where they're going with some degree of swiftness. This thing would arrive just in time to see the drive plumes of the enemy dropships.

'd6' : 3, 6

About 10 months after mentioning New Dallas Ian walks into your room, picks you up in a bone crushing hug, spins you in place, laughing his ass off and then Hanse ruffles your hair so hard you swear you have brain damage before kissing you on the forehead.

Ian calls you a cheeky little shit!

Hanse calls you his favorite little brother.

After taking you to Ian's office they state that they just decoded a message from new Dallas.

Kid, you just found the largest lostect fine in history. Regiments. Plural. And a full Star League memory core.

You found the fucking MOTHERLOAD.

And you're going to benefit from it. Once it becomes safe to acknowledge, at least the regimental find... they're keeping the memory core very close to the chest... your wishy-washy status in the family is coming to an end. You're going to be fully recognized for your deeds and... well... they're going to be pulling together a list of planets to make you Duke of.

Though, Kid, understand you can't even tell your mother about this. They know you know how to keep your mouth shit.

I think they're seriously underestimating the AC-10 version, but what do I know, I'm just a kid. So long as the militia gets a new tough tank they can use to kick pirates in the balls, I'm happy.

It's the mixed range ability that has them going.

Thanks, I'm working on being the best. Wait till you see what I find next... Muahahaha Twisted Evil

He looks forward to it.

Cheeky little shit.

A couple months later there's a great fanfare and Ian says that this is not his day. Hanse is the one who came up with the idea. Your father says that its not his day, because without the due diligence of his son, this never would have been possible. They say today is in your honor. And Hanse publicly refers to you as his son and heir and all Ian does is nod in approval.

How does it feel to be legitimate?

By the way, mummy and daddy are getting married. Expect siblings soon... Wink

Cool, I'll walk in on him working in his study and see if I can't get a sneak preview of what it'll look like. I'll also 'advise' him to get rid of the pesky age limitation that won't let me enroll in NAMA.

Sorry brat, there is going to be no more NAMA... its now the New Avalon Institute of Science: School of Military Science...

And assuming you can pass the boards, they're going to let you go in for the first class. Great for publicity and frankly you're a goddamned genius.

That will be in a couple years though so you have time to study.

Oh that, yea lets Glitz it up. It'll help sell more units and I do like cool names.

With clever marketing, a criminally high price-tag, outstanding finish, and an almost insane level of security features your unit becomes a favorite among the rich and clueless. Also as its built to military standards its damned near indestructible and its security suite was designed by some friendly folks from MMI.

It's basically a high end intelligence grade PDA marketed for consumer sale. They actually test its durability by driving a tank over it. The thing's casing is made of the same stuff they armor *Battlemechs*.

[quote]
How about bribing the Lyrans with something shiny, like say recovered Star League technology, so they do some heavy raiding all over the Dieron, Benjamin, and Rasalhague to distract the DCMS. Like say 25 mech regiments worth of raiders across three districts, 10 for Dieron, 10 for Benjamin, and 5 for Rasalhague at a vague date of our choosing. Perhaps between January and February 3012 and we leave open for them to use either house units or mercenaries or any combination there of. They can raid or invade so long as the DCMS is distracted. We also bribe the FWLM with the same technology to raid/invade across three Capellan Commonalities, 5 for Tikonov, 10 for Sarna, 10 for Capella. [quote]

Gutsy. Though you'd have to work to keep the plan secret and keep the birds and fists from backstabbing eachother.

Then while our neighbors are distracted we strike at their Chocolate Factory Worlds like Al'Nair, Tikonov and various buffer worlds so we can have our cake and eat it too. Thus we take some of their chocolate but not all of it so they won't revert back o the horrors of the First Secession War.

Gutsy brat. Gutsy.

Excellent, I'll spend as much time as I can in the sims and with my nose in my books so I can pass the entrance exams for NAIS once its up and running. Unfortunately, I'll have to cut back my play time with the other kids by at least half so I can progress as much as possible but I'll still make time when I can and keep in touch.

Fair enough.

Over dinner with the family, I'll bring up to Unlce and Dad how the new civilian technology recovered on Halstead Station will be boosting our economy as its introduced and implemented. Why not sell copies of the civilian tech to the Lyrans and Mariks a few months after introducing it to our own economy so we can bootstrap the outback with Steiner/Marik funds. This way we'll have a booming economy and full coffers. It will strengthen Steiner and Marik, yes, but them being stronger means our hostile neighbors will have to devote more attention/forces in covering their borders with Marik/Steiner thus devoting less attention/forces their border with us. I don't know, just an idea.

They might sell some of it but there is something to be said about maintain the advantage. It might be best to sell them the product and not the means of production.

Lastly, if the Halstead Station Haul has been categorized, I'll request copies of any historical documents and star maps to see if I can find some more treasure.

Done.

GundamChief wrote:Elizabeth Davion, Age 10, 3009

...and yet we have the technology to do it...hence why I ask....*shrugs*

Because you'd have to be absolutely out of your mind to attempt it... Not even Max Liao would...

Yeah.... I'm beginning to see your point.

Questions another day when you'll take me seriously *pouts cutely*

Don't get cheeky, brat.

Not bad is not good. I want to be good.

Not bad doesn't mean not good.

If Ian and Hanse are goin, I just say to take what they need to get the job completely done and be safe. If the snakes caught wind of this, they would rain down more then they might be able to handle. Maybe one more RTC if possible. Otherwise, do some distractions, and misdirection. Deep strikes and raids on worlds that are more valuable and away from where they are going. Otherwise...I give them hugs and ask them to be safe, and do what they nned to do to come home safely. Not get killed because of me.

Ian is going personally but Hanse is staying behind to keep the ship afloat.

Well...what led to the failures ultimately was the fact they did three things.

A: They spent more on developing technology then improving living standards.

Ah child. It might seem that way but technological advancement does have a direct affect on standards of living.

B: They spread too far out too fast.

He both agrees and disagrees. The Terran Alliance's main problem was less its rapid expansion and more a lack of a coherent policy.

C: They lost sight of thier goals and what the alliance was all about.

And here you come to the Crux of the issue. This he will agree with. They allowed themselves to lose sight.

Honestly he believes this is also the reason for the fall of the Star League. It became a vector for maintaining the prestige and power of House Cameron at the expense of the other five Inner sphere powers, and the prestige and influence of those powers at the expense of the periphery.

The Free World's League, for all of its many faults, does not make this mistake, or at least it will never do so under his rule. There are hundreds of billions of people living under his protection and it is his duty to look out for every single one of them.

You can't make everyone happy, but what you can try and make as many people generally content as possible.

I believe it. That Catherine Humphreys kinda freaks me out. Is she ALWAYS a shrill and rude witch lady? That attitude would never fly over in our courts, even if her tactics did.

Sadly yes. He'd like to say more but on the off chance someone is reading his mail he'd like to remain somewhat polite.

I know...it just seems too daunting at times.

Nothing worth doing is easy.

Worse since it's my fate to deal with it as Princess of the Sun....(flat)Yay.

Look on the bright side, barring a horrible event, you don't have to worry about that.

I can have a few, but I can't become a root beeraholic. I'm a Gymnist and martial artist, so while I can keep my figure, I can gourge :p

He also hears you're a musician. Please send him a recording.

And it sounds like you'd be a natural dancer. You should consider ballet.

...isn't that what the crisis is though?

If only...

Then they don't have enough work :p

You're a cruel child. He should tell your brother you said that.

That said, yes, he could think of some various busy work... Twisted Evil

Seriously though, while I can't say much for your older kids, your younger kids are who I'm refering to.

Interesting.

I've read what I'm allowed to, and I think your younger kids would make good helpers really, if only for go-fors and just to have as company.

Clever young lady.

Your son, Paul, it seems from what I learned he likes tech stuff like your older son Thomas. He might be helpful in data entry and looking stuff up for you? He can also learn about the horrors of politics :p

Interesting tought.

Kristin could help you with organizing files and how to run things since she's got ambitions that even I have heard of.

Very interesting...

I see you're well informed.

I was used as such when I was young and learned alot. I know what I want to kinda do when I get older because of it, though things can change.

If it benefits them as much as it seems to have you, then he'll look into it.

Being a diplomat looks harder then I thought Sad

You'll get used to it kiddo. Smile

I might not be able to hide it.

If I can't, then I tell them that It's because Janos doesn't know or trust me or the Fed Suns in general yet to listen. I may be wrong, maybe he'd listen if it came from one of them, but I know his son has something wrong. I saw it on Celebrity Watch, and alot of other stuff to learn the different versions of his family as I communicate with Janos Sr., and Janos II showed signs of possible mental problems. I looked at the footage in detail and did some....admittedly amaturish daignostic checks on what disorders have these signs. They all point to epilepcy of some form. I felt if I did this, he would take it seriously enough to do some checks before something bad did actually happen. Janos Sr. may be the leader of a rival nation, but nobody should lose thier child so young.

I make it perfectly clear to Ian and Hanse that I'm 100% certain of this and I'm not budging on the issue. They can check themselves if they want. I know I'm right.

Roll 2d6...

That's what celebrity news is for :p

True... very true... his son reportedly has a meeting with a top level neurologist.

Yeah, but while I could be the one to open dialogue with them, they are very untrusting of the FWL. The leader isn't too friendly either.

You can always try.

I'll have to see how things pan out with Janos first.

Well so far.

Oh Noes. For acting above my rank I have to be tried before a naval tribuneral...washing all of the walls, cealings and floors with a tooth brush and Spit!

Nothing so dramatic.

Oh pooh...now I won't be used for a politically convienient marriage...>:3

Brat.

Hard Mode! Survive battle against enemies in first succession war as nukes fall. Go!!!

seriously. To build skill fast, do training from hell. You learn what to and now to do and how to do real fast, lest you get your ass shot off.[b]

Um No. Walk before you can run.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drakensis on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 am

Ilysa-Aten Davion, 3019
Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I shall start cultivating my bodyguards to learn about military careers and 'culture'. They have to be trusted to get this job, so who knows where they might wind up in a few years.
Your guards are willing to listen to you and help you out to a degree, as long as you can convince them.
I don't think that me taking an interest it military life would particularly disturbing to them. It might even make that sort of conversation appealing as compared to the hassle of being my security detail on a shopping trip.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:I'll see about learning such games. It's probably useful to know anyway and it might give me something to talk to Katrina about someday.
Indeed it could.
I shall take up an interest in chess, go, risk and more recent games of strategy.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:True, although that's a bit more expensive than I had in mind for that role. It would still be useful for militia, just not in that exact role.
True. Would you like to talk to NIAS about the possibility of the "Cheapest tank possible"
It's possibly something to look at if the opportunity arises but I'll probably want to use their resources (to the extent allowed) to also have a further look at that helicopter idea of mine.

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Did it work? And what were the differences between occasions when it did and when it didn't?
just that its very rare. Those companies are good at dodging large groups of conventionals. Its why they exist really
Hmm. So they'd mostly be of defensive use. Still, that's probably for the best with militia units. I shal talk to daddy about that, since he's apparently very good at this tactical/strategic stuff.

In addition I shall take an interest in maps of various worlds, comparing the 'latest' commercially available world maps against maps from the Star League era (those in the Halstead Library for example). It'd certainly be interesting if a certain inland sea on Helm gave me ideas...

Psyckosama wrote:
drakensis wrote:Off I blast into space. Maybe I can visit Tharkad next year.
If you ask nicely your mother might make the arrangements.
Then I shall indeed ask her nicely.

Psyckosama wrote:Daddy's overjoyed to see you.
And I am delighted to see him. When he has the time I will also ask him about this little question that I've been thinking about - how the logistics of moving entire RCTs compared to those of transporting and supplying smaller combined arms forces such as the Ceti Hussar Combat Commands. Because I'd heard that the FSN had relatively limited jumpship numbers so doesn't it make it difficult to be carrying a dozen or so regiments at once for operations along the periphery where so many forces aren't necessarily going to be needed?

Psyckosama wrote:Your mother escorts you to New Avalon and of course mother and father are a bit absent the first couple days before she returns back to the commonwealth.

Funny that.
Yes. I will very carefully not notice that I am being subtlely redirected away from Daddy's bedroom for those days.

drakensis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Elias Davion
Early 3009 (?)
Psyckosama wrote:Heh.

It *is* hard to tell with spooks! Smile

Too damned slow. Militia tanks need to be able to respond to threats and get where they're going with some degree of swiftness. This thing would arrive just in time to see the drive plumes of the enemy dropships.

Point... back to the drawing board! Laughing

About 10 months after mentioning New Dallas Ian walks into your room, picks you up in a bone crushing hug, spins you in place, laughing his ass off and then Hanse ruffles your hair so hard you swear you have brain damage before kissing you on the forehead.

Ian calls you a cheeky little shit!

Hanse calls you his favorite little brother.

It felt like the world was spinning to Elias as he was inundated by the enthusiasm of his brothers.

After taking you to Ian's office they state that they just decoded a message from new Dallas.

Kid, you just found the largest lostect fine in history. Regiments. Plural. And a full Star League memory core.

You found the fucking MOTHERLOAD.

After hearing this, Elias grins at his older brothers cheekily. "Hah! So my paranoia was justified in the end!" Smile

And then he gets more serious. This needs to be as secret as possible, and transporting the materials will be hard to do under secrecy. So, while trying to keep it a secret, how about putting in multiple layers of misdirection? Mostly pointing towards the periphery as being the source of the new equipment? Because while the FWL and the FS are not enemies perse, New Dallas is still technically within League space. And once we start using the equipment, all our rivals will be looking into how we got a influx of such equipment, and pointing them towards the Periphery would be best. The memory core will of course have to be brought to New Avalon ASAP... How about a new science institute dedicated to bringing forth what is in that core to practical use? Say... a New Avalon Institute of Science? With near paranoia level security against infiltrations and raids and sabotage by enemies?

And you're going to benefit from it. Once it becomes safe to acknowledge, at least the regimental find... they're keeping the memory core very close to the chest... your wishy-washy status in the family is coming to an end. You're going to be fully recognized for your deeds and... well... they're going to be pulling together a list of planets to make you Duke of.

Elias didn't do it for the rewards, but this would be nice. Once he has served the needed service in the AFFS of course in the future. Though the strengthening of the Federated Suns is reward enough.

Though, Kid, understand you can't even tell your mother about this. They know you know how to keep your mouth shit.

Of course. Elias' lips are sealed on this matter until his two brothers decide that it is safe enough to unseal it.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Aiden Davion
Year: 3011

Psyckosama wrote:
afterthought53 wrote:

It's the mixed range ability that has them going.
I'll leave them to it then. I've achieved my objective of giving a solid tank to our militias.

He looks forward to it.

Cheeky little shit.
Cool

A couple months later there's a great fanfare and Ian says that this is not his day. Hanse is the one who came up with the idea. Your father says that its not his day, because without the due diligence of his son, this never would have been possible. They say today is in your honor. And Hanse publicly refers to you as his son and heir and all Ian does is nod in approval.
I beam at the praise Very Happy promptly followed by some severe blushing Embarassed

How does it feel to be legitimate?
Eh, I feel the same. Morgan lied to me, that little shit. He said it would be something along the lines of:
By the Power of Grayskull...I Have the Power!! sunny

By the way, mummy and daddy are getting married. Expect siblings soon... Wink
Siblings, as in twins, Hell Yea. I'll be the best older brother ever. I'll share and give em my toys since I'm getting too old and we can play together, study together, find treasure etc.. It's gonna be awesome. I'll even teach em how to hijack Grandad's Agromechs, I mean how to pilot in the sims. And when I have my own mech, we'll go joy riding together.

Sorry brat, there is going to be no more NAMA... its now the New Avalon Institute of Science: School of Military Science...

And assuming you can pass the boards, they're going to let you go in for the first class. Great for publicity and frankly you're a goddamned genius.

That will be in a couple years though so you have time to study.
You got it dad, I'll be ready by then for sure. *Runs off to hit the books and the sims*

With clever marketing, a criminally high price-tag, outstanding finish, and an almost insane level of security features your unit becomes a favorite among the rich and clueless. Also as its built to military standards its damned near indestructible and its security suite was designed by some friendly folks from MMI.

It's basically a high end intelligence grade PDA marketed for consumer sale. They actually test its durability by driving a tank over it. The thing's casing is made of the same stuff they armor *Battlemechs*.
See if we can't get the Billy Mays of the thirty first century to do a couple commercials. That guy could sell sand to the Azami.

How about bribing the Lyrans with something shiny, like say recovered Star League technology, so they do some heavy raiding all over the Dieron, Benjamin, and Rasalhague to distract the DCMS. Like say 25 mech regiments worth of raiders across three districts, 10 for Dieron, 10 for Benjamin, and 5 for Rasalhague at a vague date of our choosing. Perhaps between January and February 3012 and we leave open for them to use either house units or mercenaries or any combination there of. They can raid or invade so long as the DCMS is distracted. We also bribe the FWLM with the same technology to raid/invade across three Capellan Commonalities, 5 for Tikonov, 10 for Sarna, 10 for Capella.

Gutsy. Though you'd have to work to keep the plan secret and keep the birds and fists from backstabbing eachother.
Indeed but with such significant portions of their respective militaries engaged half the Inner Sphere away from each other and screaming for more supplies/reinforcements, their High Commands will be too busy managing the war with the Combine/Confederation. With both supplies and reinforcements being diverted to opposite fronts they're mutual border garrisons won't have the men or material to do much more than glare at one another across the border.

Gutsy brat. Gutsy.
By the time they gather the supplies/stupidity to back stab each other we'll have made our gains and our enemies will have taken enough of a beating that we could hold those gains.

Fair enough.
I'm glad they understand.

How is my Mechwarior training coming along. I may be considered a genius on the Academic side of things, I just hope that my pilot training is also advancing at a somewhat similar rate.

They might sell some of it but there is something to be said about maintain the advantage. It might be best to sell them the product and not the means of production.
Six to twelve months after we've integrated the technology, we should sell them all but the highest grade of the civilian technology that we gained on Halstead Station. I understand wanting to maintain the advantage but I think we'll be more than capable of maintaining it if my hunch proves correct about another find. I'm talking about a discovery that will make the Halstead Cache look like nothing more than finding some spare change under the pilot seat of your mech.

Done.
Excellent. I'll begin by giving Ian and Hanse a list of several dead worlds that dropped off the map during the wars and asking them to send small teams to them. I will explain that these are longshots and the teams might not even find anything but its worth a look.

Then, I'll tell them that there is one world that I have a really good feeling about. It's called New Dallas and there used to be a Star League/Terran Hegemony bone yard there which should hold several regiments worth of mechs and other equipment. Tell them that something about New Dallas is really bugging me like there's something really special there just waiting for us to find it. The New Dallas Expeditions should be larger and consist of only people they trust absolutely. I really think security should be beyond paranoid for this expedition, complete communication silenc and no mentions should be made of it over HPG not even encoded.
afterthought53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum