A Shirahama is you

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Shirahama is you

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:He needs to work on his control a bit but that'll come with time.

So, what do they think of my tendency to come up with insane but effective training methods?

Akisame has the same mentality, it'll be nuts and horrifically painful but it WORKS!

I have one in mind that could help with speed but I'm not ready for it yet.

Still, should anyone see a good sale on chestnuts let me know.

hah

And it should help him with his level of gentleness as well.

True

How does Honoka like playing with Miu?

I do tell her "you could have a body like that"

Vaguely intimidated by her.

She scares the crap out of me? Since when?

All of them can kill me here. She'd just be damned sexy while she does it. Frankly I try and make friends with her, even if I perv a little from time to time.

She does seem to warm up to you...you think, though you STILL need to be careful since the woman can slice the clothing off a person with a blunt wooden spoon.

"But I wanted to show you my Buffalo wings..." Sad

They're manly bar food! Very Happy

He'll live, he's like some poor suckers who have a lactose intolerance are with dairy products, his stomach flatout CAN'T handle the heat.

Oh, I don't intend to cripple him for life or anything...

Does six months in a body cast followed by another three relearning how to walk count as permanent?

Not going to cripple him... just give him some time to reevaluate his life. ^_^

I believe that the duty of a Martial Artist is to protect the weak and I intend to do so by ensuring that this muscle bound thug will never hurt another innocent...

Either he'll learn his lesson or I'll just beat him until he does!

That works for them, a bit harsher than they're used to seeing but it works.

Bah! Philistine!

More like he seems to be having a...thing for Miu, besides he knows you're drooling over Shigure.

"Oh, I love lazy just you need to time it... and if somethings worth doing, it's probably going to be a total bitch to get it done."

"Ha, well back to training."

"UGH!"

Not really.

The day has finally come, you dress up in a dogi and line up against the Neanderthal wannabe, one arm out of his shirt to show off his bulk. "I'm gonna but ya in da hospital for da rest of ya life ya pipsqueak!" He uses as an opening retort.

Rieverre wrote:Heh. Thank the big guy and then try to use his advice in practice.

It seems to help a bit.

True. That's probably the only reason I actually believe it.

Hah!

Always useful. Anyway, it seems like things are progressing nicely. Next on the list of people to talk to is Sakaki. I ask him whether he has any tips on fighting karateka, then go on to describe Tsukuba in as much detail as I can. If Niijima sent over any pictures of videos of the guy fighting, I show those to Sakaki as well.

Well when he looks at it and hears the information, Sakaki, mentions that he has a technique that'll work like a charm, the Yamatzuki, since no one ever uses the damn thing he won't be expecting it.

Kelenas wrote:...okay, who the hell needs such large - and heavy - doors!? What's this supposed to be, an ancient castle?!
Alright, so pushing, even with the two of us, didn't do anything, and trying to shoulder-tackle would probably just end up painful. Hammering against it with a fist to "knock", then shouting over it.
If that doesn't work, ask Kenichi to give us a leg up so we can climb onto the wall, maybe catch attention that way. We will not be denied after Honoka went through the trouble of translating that map for us!

Well before you try the climb over the wall trick, a large finger reaches over your head and with a slight flex the doors fly open, the two of you losing your balance. When you turn back to see who owned that finger you see this big blighter.

With a calm smile on his face he asks you what brings the two of you here.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Akisame has the same mentality, it'll be nuts and horrifically painful but it WORKS!

Still though, most of the time I like SANE methods...

Vaguely intimidated by her.

Chill. She's nice people!

And she has the body that your body could look like!

She does seem to warm up to you...you think, though you STILL need to be careful since the woman can slice the clothing off a person with a blunt wooden spoon.

Well, if she wanted to see me naked she need only ask! Very Happy

He'll live, he's like some poor suckers who have a lactose intolerance are with dairy products, his stomach flatout CAN'T handle the heat.

Sad... Sad

That works for them, a bit harsher than they're used to seeing but it works.

Believe me, this one has it coming.

More like he seems to be having a...thing for Miu, besides he knows you're drooling over Shigure.

Oh, I have a thing for Miu as well... Wink

"Ha, well back to training."

"UGH!"

"We ready to spar yet?"

The day has finally come, you dress up in a dogi and line up against the Neanderthal wannabe, one arm out of his shirt to show off his bulk. "I'm gonna but ya in da hospital for da rest of ya life ya pipsqueak!" He uses as an opening retort.

I don't even reply I just look at him with contempt, yawn, and glance over to Kenichi and roll my eyes.

When it starts I immediately go all out with the objective of BREAKING HIM physically and emotionally.

Fast, brutal, and without mercy... or even a word spoken until he's on the ground moaning in pain. I want to TERRIFY his ass.

He will NEVER hurt another kid again... seriously... WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK I AM?

And when he is on the ground...

"If I ever hear about you bullying the innocent again, I will beat you again, but next time I will BREAK you. Understand?"

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well before you try the climb over the wall trick, a large finger reaches over your head and with a slight flex the doors fly open, the two of you losing your balance. When you turn back to see who owned that finger you see this big blighter.

With a calm smile on his face he asks you what brings the two of you here.
Kanata:
Wow. He's huge. And apparently capable of violating the laws of nature, because I'm fairly certain that Kenichi and I should create more kinetic energy using our entire bodymass than he should be capable of with just a finger. Also, did I mention that he's huge?

In regards to his question, I answer that our new classmate, Fuurinji Miu, directed us here when we asked her if she knew any good dojos in town. Kenichi wants to learn martial arts and the situation with the karate-club on our school didn't really work out, and I'm mostly here as a substitute for my brother's missing spine.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Still though, most of the time I like SANE methods...

Could have fooled them.

Chill. She's nice people!

And she has the body that your body could look like!

Heh

Well, if she wanted to see me naked she need only ask! Very Happy

Was that a trio of ninja start just barely missing your junk?

Sad... Sad

what can you do?

Believe me, this one has it coming.

Heh

Oh, I have a thing for Miu as well... Wink

"Grrr.."

"We ready to spar yet?"

"I'd say two more days."

I don't even reply I just look at him with contempt, yawn, and glance over to Kenichi and roll my eyes.

When it starts I immediately go all out with the objective of BREAKING HIM physically and emotionally.

Fast, brutal, and without mercy... or even a word spoken until he's on the ground moaning in pain. I want to TERRIFY his ass.

He will NEVER hurt another kid again... seriously... WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK I AM?

And when he is on the ground...

"If I ever hear about you bullying the innocent again, I will beat you again, but next time I will BREAK you. Understand?"

He twitches on the ground, a pummeled wreck, "...okay...." you finally hear as a squeak.

The other members of the club snarl and charge ya, but before they reach you, Kenny's right there with you, fending off one chump with a flip.

Kelenas wrote:Kanata:
Wow. He's huge. And apparently capable of violating the laws of nature, because I'm fairly certain that Kenichi and I should create more kinetic energy using our entire bodymass than he should be capable of with just a finger. Also, did I mention that he's huge?

And strong so very strong.

In regards to his question, I answer that our new classmate, Fuurinji Miu, directed us here when we asked her if she knew any good dojos in town. Kenichi wants to learn martial arts and the situation with the karate-club on our school didn't really work out, and I'm mostly here as a substitute for my brother's missing spine.

"Ah Miu...very well then come on in."

In less than a minute Kenichi almost wigs out when a massive tan and silver haired man is kicking and punching faster than man should be able to. The old man says that's Appachai Happochai, the Muay Thai death god.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Brian Boru wrote:It seems to help a bit.

That just means I need to practice more.

Well when he looks at it and hears the information, Sakaki, mentions that he has a technique that'll work like a charm, the Yamatzuki, since no one ever uses the damn thing he won't be expecting it.

Grab Ken and ask Sakaki to demonstrate. The guy is gunning for both of us after all.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Rieverre wrote:That just means I need to practice more.

And practice you do.

Grab Ken and ask Sakaki to demonstrate. The guy is gunning for both of us after all.

He does a couple of times and has the two of you practice on each other several times to be sure you have it. You both pick it up pretty quickly. Not wanting to be left behind, Akisame and Kensei also start giving you some moves practice. Akisame having you throwing statues, while Kensei showed you a trick to step into an opponent and grab his leg when he tries to kick.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Brian Boru wrote:And strong so very strong.
Nope. Bodybuilders like Schwarznegger or Stallone are strong. This guy? As I said; breaking the laws of nature. No clue what he is, but "human" ranks pretty low on my list of possibilities.

"Ah Miu...very well then come on in."
"Yes. If you don't mind me asking, is she a student here? She seems to know some martial arts from how we were introduced..."

In less than a minute Kenichi almost wigs out when a massive tan and silver haired man is kicking and punching faster than man should be able to. The old man says that's Appachai Happochai, the Muay Thai death god.
Oooookay, I don't want to talk about a "pattern", yet, but this is getting kinda suspicious. First the giant, now this guy. What's next? Someone crashing through the wall like the kool-aid man?

"Well, what do you think, Kenichi? If those guys're teachers here and their strength is anything to go by, you shouldn't have anything to worry about from that Daimonji-guy. Or anyone else, really."

I had to admit I was getting kinda interested as well, especially with how bad the situation in town seemed to be getting. Too bad I didn't care much for fighting unarmed, but if they had someone who taught the use of weapons, I just might start learning here myself.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:Could have fooled them.

You'd be surprised.

Was that a trio of ninja start just barely missing your junk?

But she missed, which means she cares! Cool

Seriously though, while I'm a bit perverted I'm still very sweet and personable with her.

I'm just not going to lie and say that I don't find her mindbogglingly attractive both physically and mentally.

I see hidden depths! Very Happy

Sad... Sad

what can you do?

FIGURE OUT SOME WAY TO CURE HIS WEAKENESS!

I WILL NEVER SURRENDER!

"Grrr.."

Hel-lo...

"I'd say two more days."

Thank god!

He twitches on the ground, a pummeled wreck, "...okay...." you finally hear as a squeak.

"No... Yes sir, Mister Shirahama, sir."

The other members of the club snarl and charge ya, but before they reach you, Kenny's right there with you, fending off one chump with a flip.
"Hey bro, I thought you were going to pummel these idiots while I took care of Captain Steroid?"

I do not go gentle on them.

I also make sure to some time after this hunt down Nijima and make it very clear that I will destroy him socially and physically if he tries to exploit this for any reason... I see him spreading messages about it in any way and I will fold him into a very small package and mail his ass to South Africa in a box labeled Lion Chow.

Please note, his running speed is why I learned how to use these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolas

He runs, he trips... I dangle him from the roof like the goddamned batman.

Leave me and mine ALONE.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:43 am

Kelenas wrote:Nope. Bodybuilders like Schwarznegger or Stallone are strong. This guy? As I said; breaking the laws of nature. No clue what he is, but "human" ranks pretty low on my list of possibilities.

Oh he's human, he's just trained his ass off for 60+ years

"Yes. If you don't mind me asking, is she a student here? She seems to know some martial arts from how we were introduced..."

"Oh you could say she's a student here, and she has some experience in Martial Arts." You know this man is fucking with you.

Oooookay, I don't want to talk about a "pattern", yet, but this is getting kinda suspicious. First the giant, now this guy. What's next? Someone crashing through the wall like the kool-aid man?

Not quite though when the two of you walk past a slightly ajar door, you do spot this.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uF4sGgBngak/TlOexT7tz5I/AAAAAAAAAFM/ui49O83AdTQ/010.jpg?imgmax=2000

Though she DOES proceed to slice through multiple steel weapons with a single swing of that sword.

"Well, what do you think, Kenichi? If those guys're teachers here and their strength is anything to go by, you shouldn't have anything to worry about from that Daimonji-guy. Or anyone else, really."

"To be honest no."

I had to admit I was getting kinda interested as well, especially with how bad the situation in town seemed to be getting. Too bad I didn't care much for fighting unarmed, but if they had someone who taught the use of weapons, I just might start learning here myself.

Look above mate...

Psyckosama wrote:You'd be surprised.

Heh

But she missed, which means she cares! Cool

Seriously though, while I'm a bit perverted I'm still very sweet and personable with her.

I'm just not going to lie and say that I don't find her mindbogglingly attractive both physically and mentally.

I see hidden depths! Very Happy

She might be vaguely flattered at that but until you can read REI level of unexpressive you might not be able to tell. Still doesn't mean you won't be having NIGHTMARES about Bolos before this is through.

FIGURE OUT SOME WAY TO CURE HIS WEAKENESS!

I WILL NEVER SURRENDER!

"Gleep, my stomach." He thinks.

Hel-lo...

So long as it ain't Miu he doesn't really care and he's convinced you're off your rocker with Shigure he doesn't care HOW hot she is.

Thank god!

Doesn't mean the basics don't stop though...

"No... Yes sir, Mister Shirahama, sir."

A bit of silence before another squeek, "Yes sir, Mister Shirahama, sir..."

"Hey bro, I thought you were going to pummel these idiots while I took care of Captain Steroid?"

"Well they weren't actually DOING anything so I didn't feel it right to start the violence...sorry..."

I do not go gentle on them.

Kenichi is only slightly better and soon the entire club...even Tsukuba is down and grown on the ground, either out cold or too battered to be much better.

I also make sure to some time after this hunt down Nijima and make it very clear that I will destroy him socially and physically if he tries to exploit this for any reason... I see him spreading messages about it in any way and I will fold him into a very small package and mail his ass to South Africa in a box labeled Lion Chow.

Please note, his running speed is why I learned how to use these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolas

He runs, he trips... I dangle him from the roof like the goddamned batman.

Leave me and mine ALONE.

After a chase worthy of an action flick you do wind up having the bastard hanging from the roof tied up like a fish you caught.

He agrees NOT to exploit your successes, but he does warn you that Tsukuba was pretty damn low on the totem pole compared to others in the most powerful gang in the area Ragnarok and your schools unit leader, code named Valkyrie, has at LEAST three thugs who could wipe the floor with Tsukuba by themselves.

Kenichi....well I think you know the routine by this point right? Razz
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:She might be vaguely flattered at that but until you can read REI level of unexpressive you might not be able to tell. Still doesn't mean you won't be having NIGHTMARES about Bolos before this is through.

Ahem...

As long as Shiguri's involved...

"Gleep, my stomach." He thinks.

He cries tears in joy of his students determination!

I WILL NOT FAIL YOU SENSEI! Very Happy

So long as it ain't Miu he doesn't really care and he's convinced you're off your rocker with Shigure he doesn't care HOW hot she is.

Well, that's all up to Miu now isn't it?

Doesn't mean the basics don't stop though...

Basics yeah, but hopefully it puts an end to some of the more pointless bullshit like the tire runs.

A bit of silence before another squeek, "Yes sir, Mister Shirahama, sir..."

Pat on the head. "Good boy."

"Well they weren't actually DOING anything so I didn't feel it right to start the violence...sorry..."

"No problem." *Snap* "I'm surprised that it took..." *CRACKLE* "them this long to start trouble..." *POP!*

Kenichi is only slightly better and soon the entire club...even Tsukuba is down and grown on the ground, either out cold or too battered to be much better.

"Start any more trouble and we'll beat you again! Understand?"

After a chase worthy of an action flick you do wind up having the bastard hanging from the roof tied up like a fish you caught.

"You know, put a blue shirt on you and you'd look like a Spock Pinata..." I look over. "Oi! Bro! Wanna see if he's full of candy?"

:p

He agrees NOT to exploit your successes, but he does warn you that Tsukuba was pretty damn low on the totem pole compared to others in the most powerful gang in the area Ragnarok and your schools unit leader, code named Valkyrie, has at LEAST three thugs who could wipe the floor with Tsukuba by themselves.

"Well aware. I'd welcome your intelligence but I have some of my own..."

Kenichi....well I think you know the routine by this point right? Razz

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:43 am

Katsu

Brian Boru wrote:He does a couple of times and has the two of you practice on each other several times to be sure you have it. You both pick it up pretty quickly. Not wanting to be left behind, Akisame and Kensei also start giving you some moves practice. Akisame having you throwing statues, while Kensei showed you a trick to step into an opponent and grab his leg when he tries to kick.

... hmm ...

The statue thing is, I expect, both more raw physical training and trying to get us to use leverage more. So, before I actually start throwing, I take a good long look at the statue, determine its center of balance, and adjust my stance accordingly. It's exactly like when Ken and I threw the -monji duo. Force applied at two opposite points of a 'pivot'. In Ken's case, he used center mass on Dai. Meanwhile, mine was the joint lock. So he's probably better prepared to figuring this out.

Yes, I share this insight with him.

... then a thought occurs to me, when I consider the training one evening while nursing my bruises. Our basics are getting pretty decent, but I think - at least in my case - that I need more reaction time training. Timing, after all, is exceedingly important in combat.

And there's one art that puts particular weight on getting timing correct.

... at least, I'm hoping the fact that I find myself looking for Shigure is actually motivated by that and not by hormones.

Oh, who'm I kidding.

Well, it's probably not _all_ hormones, as everything I said about timing still applies.

Don't judge me.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:Oh he's human, he's just trained his ass off for 60+ years
I insist on my right to remain sceptic about his status as a "human".
"Oh you could say she's a student here, and she has some experience in Martial Arts." You know this man is fucking with you.
Probably, but there's not exactly much I could do without proof.
Not quite though when the two of you walk past a slightly ajar door, you do spot this.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uF4sGgBngak/TlOexT7tz5I/AAAAAAAAAFM/ui49O83AdTQ/010.jpg?imgmax=2000

Though she DOES proceed to slice through multiple steel weapons with a single swing of that sword.
That, was awesome. Another thing completely impossible according to the laws of nature as we know them (and NOW we have a PATTERN!), but awesome nonetheless. Now I'm actually very interested.

"To be honest no."
"Afraid of the teachers? I could certainly understand why; they don't exactly appear human in their capabilities. Would you prefer to keep looking for another dojo or school, then?"
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:14 am

Psyckosama wrote:Ahem...

As long as Shiguri's involved...

Noted. Laughing

He cries tears in joy of his students determination!

I WILL NOT FAIL YOU SENSEI! Very Happy

And the tears flow.

Well, that's all up to Miu now isn't it?

True but she does seem to like sweet natured Kenny to the more pragmatic Sammy

[quote]Basics yeah, but hopefully it puts an end to some of the more pointless bullshit like the tire runs.[quote]

What are you talking about that's a prime stamina training method.

Pat on the head. "Good boy."

Groan of pain.

"No problem." *Snap*

"AHGH!"

"I'm surprised that it took..." *CRACKLE*

"MY ARM!"

"them this long to start trouble..." *POP!*

"MY LEG!"

"Start any more trouble and we'll beat you again! Understand?"

"...uuuuuuuugggghhhh...."

"You know, put a blue shirt on you and you'd look like a Spock Pinata..." I look over. "Oi! Bro! Wanna see if he's full of candy?"

:p

"Ah come on bro let him down, he hasn't done anything....yet."

"Well aware. I'd welcome your intelligence but I have some of my own..."

"Oh and that is?"

"Thanks Bro, I needed that."

Rieverre wrote:... hmm ...

The statue thing is, I expect, both more raw physical training and trying to get us to use leverage more. So, before I actually start throwing, I take a good long look at the statue, determine its center of balance, and adjust my stance accordingly. It's exactly like when Ken and I threw the -monji duo. Force applied at two opposite points of a 'pivot'. In Ken's case, he used center mass on Dai. Meanwhile, mine was the joint lock. So he's probably better prepared to figuring this out.

Yes, I share this insight with him.

You both catch on to it and Akisame seems pretty glad with your progress.

... then a thought occurs to me, when I consider the training one evening while nursing my bruises. Our basics are getting pretty decent, but I think - at least in my case - that I need more reaction time training. Timing, after all, is exceedingly important in combat.

And there's one art that puts particular weight on getting timing correct.

... at least, I'm hoping the fact that I find myself looking for Shigure is actually motivated by that and not by hormones.

Oh, who'm I kidding.

Well, it's probably not _all_ hormones, as everything I said about timing still applies.

Don't judge me.

Well when you approach her about reaction training, she seems, well you're not sure really but she seems willing to teach you. And the number of close calls with that goddam sword of hers along with a storm of shuriken which she tells you are going at 1/10th speed nearly give you a heart attack.

Kelenas wrote:I insist on my right to remain sceptic about his status as a "human".

Well that's like, your opinion man.

Probably, but there's not exactly much I could do without proof.

Heh

That, was awesome. Another thing completely impossible according to the laws of nature as we know them (and NOW we have a PATTERN!), but awesome nonetheless. Now I'm actually very interested.

And kenny boy looks like he's about to have a wig out you can see the signs.

"Afraid of the teachers? I could certainly understand why; they don't exactly appear human in their capabilities. Would you prefer to keep looking for another dojo or school, then?"

That seems to miraculously stop his growing wig-out and he says that he's not leaving. Then he promptly spots a Kenshiro knock off punch holes into half foot thick tatami.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 am

[quote="Brian Boru"]
Psyckosama wrote:Noted. Laughing

She can do whatever she wants to me... Cool

And the tears flow.

SEE HOW HE CRIES WITH JOY

True but she does seem to like sweet natured Kenny to the more pragmatic Sammy

Oi! I'm plenty sweet! I'm just pragmatic more than histrionic.

What are you talking about that's a prime stamina training method.

I get this look in my eye.

Seriously, the only reason it hasn't crippled us is that in the presence of masters physics tends to go out for drinks and not call home.

Groan of pain.

"I'm glad we could have this conversation."

"AHGH!"

Meh. Pussy.

"MY ARM!"

Meh. Baby.

"MY LEG!"

God. What a bunch of little girls.

"...uuuuuuuugggghhhh...."

"And the moral of this lesson, children, is you're really not hot shit. Enjoy the art of Karate but understand that it is not to be used to become thugish pricks. Use your strength to protect others not to bully them..." I grin at them, "Ladies love a strong and courageous samurai... be that and you can use your skills to pick up chicks." he pauses. "And seriously, you need to practice more. If you can prove yourselves to be anything more than thugs, I might even give you the names of our masters."

"Ah come on bro let him down, he hasn't done anything....yet."

"I'm taunting brother. Don't ruin my flow... damn it too late."

"Oh and that is?"

"Mine to know." Laughing

"Thanks Bro, I needed that."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:She can do whatever she wants to me... Cool

Brave man, personally I wouldn't feel safe unless I had Space Marine Power Armor on.

SEE HOW HE CRIES WITH JOY

Ha

Oi! I'm plenty sweet! I'm just pragmatic more than histrionic.

She hasn't had all that many friends besides one insanely gorgeous woman should be enough ya greedy bastard Razz

I get this look in my eye.

Seriously, the only reason it hasn't crippled us is that in the presence of masters physics tends to go out for drinks and not call home.

Wait until you make it to the training machines Akisame makes. Twisted Evil

God. What a bunch of little girls.

Well considering you can take 70% of people your age now....

"And the moral of this lesson, children, is you're really not hot shit. Enjoy the art of Karate but understand that it is not to be used to become thugish pricks. Use your strength to protect others not to bully them..." I grin at them, "Ladies love a strong and courageous samurai... be that and you can use your skills to pick up chicks." he pauses. "And seriously, you need to practice more. If you can prove yourselves to be anything more than thugs, I might even give you the names of our masters."

You're not sure if they got the message or not but you think some quivering piles of pain twitched differently after you were done talking.

"I'm taunting brother. Don't ruin my flow... damn it too late."

Kenny apologizes, Nijima laughs.

"Mine to know." Laughing

He shrugs, "Had to ask."

Before you leave Nijima DOES give you the names and pictures of this trio.

Koga the kicker

Ukita the thrower

And the apparent worst of the bunch

Takeda the puncher
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:Brave man, personally I wouldn't feel safe unless I had Space Marine Power Armor on.

Some risks must be taken!

She hasn't had all that many friends besides one insanely gorgeous woman should be enough ya greedy bastard Razz

What part of "harem seeker" didn't you understand?

Do I have to break out the kitties?

I WUV KITTIES!

That's it... I find her a kitten!

Wait until you make it to the training machines Akisame makes. Twisted Evil

Well aware but hopefully we'll be able to make proper use of sparing in lue of most of it since unlike Kenichi I'm not abitch who can't give Mui a proper duel and I;m sure he'd love to beat the hell out of me half the time.

Well considering you can take 70% of people your age now....

70%?
Lets be honest... More like 99.7%. :p

You're not sure if they got the message or not but you think some quivering piles of pain twitched differently after you were done talking.

I'm glad we had this conversation.

What do the masters think when they're told about it?

Kenny apologizes, Nijima laughs.

I give a dramatic eye roll.

He shrugs, "Had to ask."

I know. Which is why I didn't get offended.

Before you leave Nijima DOES give you the names and pictures of this trio.

Koga the kicker

Ukita the thrower

And the apparent worst of the bunch

Takeda the puncher

"You forgot their leader, Kisara Nanjou, AKA: The Valkyrie of Ragnarok."

I smile. "And I know her secret weakness... But if you discover anything else. I'll be willing to make arrangements of you and maybe a trade for unrelated Intel... I'm not going to risk you going behind my back you see. But I'm perfectly willing to work with you on other projects. I'm sure you can see the benefits to that..."

Last edited by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:00 am

Brian Boru wrote:You both catch on to it and Akisame seems pretty glad with your progress.

Practice until doing it right is a reflexive reaction.

Well when you approach her about reaction training, she seems, well you're not sure really but she seems willing to teach you. And the number of close calls with that goddam sword of hers along with a storm of shuriken which she tells you are going at 1/10th speed nearly give you a heart attack.

I stick with it. If nothing else, this is the kind of thing it's better to get used to sooner rather than later. After all, we might actually win against Tsukuba, and he's supposed to have yakuza connections. On the off-chance he's a really sore loser, knowing how to react if someone pulls a knife rather than freezing up is going to be useful.

Hmm ... I also tell Ken to pick something he wants to learn and, similarly, approach a Master about it. In the evenings, we can see what the other has learned through sparring. While it isn't really cross-training, it should be rather useful in the long run.

Anyway, at some point I'm going to be dropping in at Niijima's place to share the tidbits I've learned about Miyu's extended 'family'. Potentially, a very powerful resource, but not one that is to be approached casually. And frankly overkill for the scope we're working on now.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well that's like, your opinion man.
True, though I have a suspicion that not a few people, including a sizable number of scientists, would share it if I showed them videos and other evidence of what those people seem capable of... Wink

And kenny boy looks like he's about to have a wig out you can see the signs.

That seems to miraculously stop his growing wig-out and he says that he's not leaving. Then he promptly spots a Kenshiro knock off punch holes into half foot thick tatami.
The timing is impeccable...

"C'mon, Kenichi, show some backbone! I know you have it; it comes to my room to get drunk every weekend, sobbing about how it feels alone, unwanted and useless. Let it do its job for once!"

Well, knowing him it's likely I'll have to take the initiative here, so I spend a few minutes explaining the reason we're here (Kenichi wanting to build his confidence via Martial Arts) to the blond giant. Now, it's fairly obvious that all of the freaks of nature people here are unholy abominations against the laws of reality very strong and dedicated to their discipline, but we haven't seen anything about their capabilities as teachers, yet, so... how about they train Kenichi for a week, and if he manages to win that Karate-bout after that time, we both will join this dojo as students?
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:14 am

Psyckosama wrote:Some risks must be taken!

And they are....oh lord they are....'thousand yard stare'

What part of "harem seeker" didn't you understand?

snerk.

Do I have to break out the kitties?

I WUV KITTIES!

That's it... I find her a kitten!

You can hunt around though there isn't much you can find at the moment to your surprise unless you want to buy a little furball from a petstore.

Well aware but hopefully we'll be able to make proper use of sparing in lue of most of it since unlike Kenichi I'm not abitch who can't give Mui a proper duel and I;m sure he'd love to beat the hell out of me half the time.

Once you can get him to actually try to hit you, you find out he can hit like a mack truck, though you can return the favor just as easily.

70%?
Lets be honest... More like 99.7%. :p

But oh lord that .3% Razz

I'm glad we had this conversation.

What do the masters think when they're told about it?

They laugh at the description but they do tell the both of you that this is just the tip of the ice burg.

I give a dramatic eye roll.

Heh

I know. Which is why I didn't get offended.

True

"You forgot their leader, Kisara Nanjou, AKA: The Valkyrie of Ragnarok."

I smile. "And I know her secret weakness... But if you discover anything else. I'll be willing to make arrangements of you and maybe a trade for unrelated Intel... I'm not going to risk you going behind my back you see. But I'm perfectly willing to work with you on other projects. I'm sure you can see the benefits to that..."

Nijima:"....what...."

Rieverre wrote:Practice until doing it right is a reflexive reaction.

Progress is made.

I stick with it. If nothing else, this is the kind of thing it's better to get used to sooner rather than later. After all, we might actually win against Tsukuba, and he's supposed to have yakuza connections. On the off-chance he's a really sore loser, knowing how to react if someone pulls a knife rather than freezing up is going to be useful.

Hmm ... I also tell Ken to pick something he wants to learn and, similarly, approach a Master about it. In the evenings, we can see what the other has learned through sparring. While it isn't really cross-training, it should be rather useful in the long run.

You start to notice a pattern, while your thing seems to be DODGE! his seems to be TAKE THE HIT AND KEEP STANDING. Nothing really noticeable different but it's there. He also takes more lessons with Appachai than you, not sure why.

Anyway, at some point I'm going to be dropping in at Niijima's place to share the tidbits I've learned about Miyu's extended 'family'. Potentially, a very powerful resource, but not one that is to be approached casually. And frankly overkill for the scope we're working on now.

Well he agrees to look for what he can though he does mention it might take a while.

Kelenas wrote:True, though I have a suspicion that not a few people, including a sizable number of scientists, would share it if I showed them videos and other evidence of what those people seem capable of... Wink

Ha!

The timing is impeccable...

Ha!

"C'mon, Kenichi, show some backbone! I know you have it; it comes to my room to get drunk every weekend, sobbing about how it feels alone, unwanted and useless. Let it do its job for once!"

"HEY YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T TEL...aaanyway I guess you're right."

Well, knowing him it's likely I'll have to take the initiative here, so I spend a few minutes explaining the reason we're here (Kenichi wanting to build his confidence via Martial Arts) to the blond giant. Now, it's fairly obvious that all of the freaks of nature people here are unholy abominations against the laws of reality very strong and dedicated to their discipline, but we haven't seen anything about their capabilities as teachers, yet, so... how about they train Kenichi for a week, and if he manages to win that Karate-bout after that time, we both will join this dojo as students?

That sounds fair enough to them and you watch Kenny boy get put into some ....uncomfortable situations.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tnNzNcQFhQY/TlOfh1rR4eI/AAAAAAAAAQI/UGxE2JdbLtk/015.jpg?imgmax=2000

He's then forced to pull a grown man sitting in a car tire for several miles as a finish up. And that was apparently a light intro workout.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:And they are....oh lord they are....'thousand yard stare'

What I'm looking at isn't a thousand yards away...

Helloooooo SENSEI! H_H

snerk.

Yeah. Thought so.

You can hunt around though there isn't much you can find at the moment to your surprise unless you want to buy a little furball from a petstore.

Stray cats are a dime a dozen and they have kittens... though I'm willing to go with any form of rescue as I LOVE TEH KITTIES.

Once you can get him to actually try to hit you, you find out he can hit like a mack truck, though you can return the favor just as easily.

Good.

But oh lord that .3% Razz

We're only starter disciples. Give us another couple months and we'll have it down to 1 in 99.99 for sure.

They laugh at the description but they do tell the both of you that this is just the tip of the ice burg.

Well aware.

Very well aware.

Nijima:"....what...."

"Don't forget. Before I became a badass I was also your rival for information gatherer and if anything greater ability has made me even better at the art...."

So, hows our sister taking to the possibility of training and you think its too early to start with money making suggestions? I will wait until Miu's weekly "We don't have the money" rant before bringing it up.

If not I have some ideas...

Idea 1) Appachai working as a high security babysitter. There are plenty of people out there who have kids but also have jobs that bring them to the attention of people who are base enough in their ethics to try and use those children against them. I believe we should offer Appa's services as someone who they can trust to look after their kids... he loves children and if someone tries to hurt the children he can fold said person into a small package and mail them to the police.

And Appa, how would you like to learn balloon animals?

Idea 2) Kensei, how would you like to take pictures of pretty girls and have them pay you for the privilege? I've seen some of your shots, and when you're not going for something inappropriate you're damned good. What would think of being a photographer for amateur modeling? I'm sure we can find dozens of would be models and idols and the like who'd go nuts at the chance to have a nice professional spread taken at a reasonable rate...

Idea 3) Hold a weekly flea market. Let various merchants come in and rent a spot, maybe each of us can run a stand too, such as selling food... maybe Akisame can do some calligraphy... Kensei can operate a photo booth like set up. Etc. Good steady money maker. Should bring in at least couple hundred thousand yen a week like clockwork and would be good community outreach!

I have plenty!

Random ideas.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:

"HEY YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T TEL...aaanyway I guess you're right."

Heh. Smile

That sounds fair enough to them and you watch Kenny boy get put into some ....uncomfortable situations.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tnNzNcQFhQY/TlOfh1rR4eI/AAAAAAAAAQI/UGxE2JdbLtk/015.jpg?imgmax=2000

He's then forced to pull a grown man sitting in a car tire for several miles as a finish up. And that was apparently a light intro workout.

Kenichi gets a Training Montage from Hell? Seriously? Wow, I thought stuff like that only existed in anime and manga and the like. Now I'm torn between jealousy (*everyone* knows TMfH are a great way to get stronger quickly) and terror (wow, that looks *really* painful). Unfortunately, there's this gangwar going on in town, and it looks like they're a point or two above the average school-bully, IQ-wise, since those gangers also had the idea to pick up improvised weapons. I have the feeling that I should know a bit more about fighting, preferably with weapons, in case things get ugly.

So, with a mix of resignation and exitement, I ask whether they can give me some training as well, specifically in the use of weapons.

What free time I have in-between training and school until my brother's match, I'll spend trying to find out more about that gang-war, like the sides involved and all that.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:You start to notice a pattern, while your thing seems to be DODGE! his seems to be TAKE THE HIT AND KEEP STANDING. Nothing really noticeable different but it's there. He also takes more lessons with Appachai than you, not sure why.

To be fair, that is rather the point of this whole exercise. In any case, I'll keep up my training at not-dying-by-a-hairsbreadth with Shigure.

Well he agrees to look for what he can though he does mention it might take a while.

Again, I don't really mind as it always did look to be a long-term project.

Regardless, I use my athletic prowess, honed by actually managing to not break anything in following after Miu as she takes her shortcuts, to get a look at Tsukuba and figure out his daily routine. At least the one he's got when he's at school. Treetops, storage shed roofs, and awkwardly placed wall-ledges will hold no secret from me!
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:What I'm looking at isn't a thousand yards away...

Helloooooo SENSEI! H_H

Not exactly what I meant but ha made me laugh.

Stray cats are a dime a dozen and they have kittens... though I'm willing to go with any form of rescue as I LOVE TEH KITTIES.

Well you do locate a litter of REALLY tiny kittens but momma trying to eat your face does present some problems.

We're only starter disciples. Give us another couple months and we'll have it down to 1 in 99.99 for sure.

Heh heh heh

Well aware.

Very well aware.

That's smart of ya, kenny sweats

"Don't forget. Before I became a badass I was also your rival for information gatherer and if anything greater ability has made me even better at the art...."

He grumbles a bit something about, showing who's the better information gatherer.

So, hows our sister taking to the possibility of training and you think its too early to start with money making suggestions? I will wait until Miu's weekly "We don't have the money" rant before bringing it up.

Honoka's still not particularly happy about what she thinks is keeping you here, she's willing to practice with Miu, who thinks they're practically just playing.

If not I have some ideas...

Idea 1) Appachai working as a high security babysitter. There are plenty of people out there who have kids but also have jobs that bring them to the attention of people who are base enough in their ethics to try and use those children against them. I believe we should offer Appa's services as someone who they can trust to look after their kids... he loves children and if someone tries to hurt the children he can fold said person into a small package and mail them to the police.

And Appa, how would you like to learn balloon animals?

Idea 2) Kensei, how would you like to take pictures of pretty girls and have them pay you for the privilege? I've seen some of your shots, and when you're not going for something inappropriate you're damned good. What would think of being a photographer for amateur modeling? I'm sure we can find dozens of would be models and idols and the like who'd go nuts at the chance to have a nice professional spread taken at a reasonable rate...

Idea 3) Hold a weekly flea market. Let various merchants come in and rent a spot, maybe each of us can run a stand too, such as selling food... maybe Akisame can do some calligraphy... Kensei can operate a photo booth like set up. Etc. Good steady money maker. Should bring in at least couple hundred thousand yen a week like clockwork and would be good community outreach!

I have plenty!

Random ideas.

Those might be saved for a real emergency but the first two might carry over, the third...well great depression MIGHT be a prerequisite.

But either way, it isn't long before the trio of chumps begin appearing around the school area, Kenichi is all for delay tactics until he's sure the two of you can take them.

Kelenas wrote:Heh. Smile

Mind you that's IS a pretty rare occasion

Kenichi gets a Training Montage from Hell? Seriously? Wow, I thought stuff like that only existed in anime and manga and the like. Now I'm torn between jealousy (*everyone* knows TMfH are a great way to get stronger quickly) and terror (wow, that looks *really* painful). Unfortunately, there's this gangwar going on in town, and it looks like they're a point or two above the average school-bully, IQ-wise, since those gangers also had the idea to pick up improvised weapons. I have the feeling that I should know a bit more about fighting, preferably with weapons, in case things get ugly.

So, with a mix of resignation and exitement, I ask whether they can give me some training as well, specifically in the use of weapons.

Well if you've changed your mind already, why don't you both sign on as full students then? Is the general question.

What free time I have in-between training and school until my brother's match, I'll spend trying to find out more about that gang-war, like the sides involved and all that.

Well the other gangs are pretty standard, normally 50 strong or so, Ragnarok is bigger, probably 150-200 and the top dogs, from what you've gathered, are terrifyingly strong, some properly trained martial artists.

Rieverre wrote:To be fair, that is rather the point of this whole exercise. In any case, I'll keep up my training at not-dying-by-a-hairsbreadth with Shigure.

And you make some ludicrously incremental progress.

Again, I don't really mind as it always did look to be a long-term project.

Regardless, I use my athletic prowess, honed by actually managing to not break anything in following after Miu as she takes her shortcuts, to get a look at Tsukuba and figure out his daily routine. At least the one he's got when he's at school. Treetops, storage shed roofs, and awkwardly placed wall-ledges will hold no secret from me!

You actually begin to have a bit of fun going around the rooftops and other hard to reach places. But everything comes to a head when Tsukuba is found thrashing a judo kid to the point of near crippling him. You've just hopped onto a roof when Kenny boy steps in to stop him. Do you stand with him or let him take this one?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:09 am

Brian Boru wrote:Not exactly what I meant but ha made me laugh.

Well aware but too kinky to torture... Wink

Well you do locate a litter of REALLY tiny kittens but momma trying to eat your face does present some problems.

Mama can come with... lightning martial arts reflexes.

Heh heh heh

Why laugh?

*points&

This is my serious face. It is the face that I make when I am being serious.

That's smart of ya, kenny sweats

"You're the one wanted to be strong, Ken. With great power comes great responsibility and those who would test their power against your own. Some will be doing so as a friendly match of ability and should be honored, others will have much more basial reasons and methods."

He grumbles a bit something about, showing who's the better information gatherer.

Clap him on the shoulder. "Prove it... and if you make yourself worthy while to us, we'll make ourselves worth while to you. As long as its not dishonorable, well, I know you're intelligent enough to see value in two guys who can casually demolish the school Karate club without straining themselves."

Honoka's still not particularly happy about what she thinks is keeping you here, she's willing to practice with Miu, who thinks they're practically just playing.

Oh. Big boobs and personal pride.

It's moved a bit beyond that actually. I'm friends with these peoples!

HEY! APPA! WE BUDDIES?

So, anyone want to watch some movies? At the best we can drink some soda, popcorn, and bond. At the best we can sit around the TV and heckle how comical the fight scenes are.

Those might be saved for a real emergency but the first two might carry over, the third...well great depression MIGHT be a prerequisite.

Actually, the one with the flee market would be easiest to pull off and lowest investment of energy... but up to them.

AS for great depression... if the fictional econcomic situation is anwhere like the IRL one... I'll get started on the pamphlets.

Though I'm shocked Kensei isn't jumping all over the photographer idea...

But either way, it isn't long before the trio of chumps begin appearing around the school area, Kenichi is all for delay tactics until he's sure the two of you can take them.

I'll agree, and if they don't issue respectful challenges then we're in no way obligated to fight them as they'd wish...

For example if they try and jump us they'll find themselves facing 3-on-3 as I'm sure we can depend on Miu to watch our backs. We'd do the same for her.

Oh and about Miu. Considering unlike Kenichi I'm willing to actually hit her while sparing. I find the fact that Kenichi can't disrespectful to her.

I'm an odd one. Smile

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Mind you that's IS a pretty rare occasion
Well, with some luck Kenichi will get better in time. It'd certainly be good for him. Smile

And until then, I'll probably have to drag him home after training each time... >_>
Well if you've changed your mind already, why don't you both sign on as full students then? Is the general question.
Obviously, because I'm weird like that!

(Plus, after seeing what they put my brother through, I'm not sure whether they are actually competent martial arts teachers, or just Crazy People(tm) with a sadistic streak the size of Jupiter's equator. I'm kinda hoping going through that training myself will help me to better figure it out, even though I'm admittedly somewhat terrified.)

Well the other gangs are pretty standard, normally 50 strong or so, Ragnarok is bigger, probably 150-200 and the top dogs, from what you've gathered, are terrifyingly strong, some properly trained martial artists.
Okay, those are some fairly concerning numbers in regards to Ragnarok. Better get started on digging deeper; "know your enemy" and all that, and I'm kinda curious about those "terrifyingly strong" guys at the top.
Good thing we live in the digital or information age or whatever it's called. Search-engines and message-boards make gathering fairly easy and quick, and the internet offers a great deal of anonymity. Especially if I want to be really paranoid and use pre-paid throwaway-cellphones, but I don't really see the reason for that, yet. Chances are there's hundreds of others looking up information about the gang, so one more shouldn't even be noticeable.
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Brian Boru wrote:And you make some ludicrously incremental progress.

Woot. All that and one hell of a view ... well, when I'm not focusing on not-dying.

I start bringing Snowy along to the dojo again and while I learn from Shigure she can nap and look cute, score some Duchess-cuddles, or get trained into an epic martial-arts cat by Shigure's rodent companion.

You actually begin to have a bit of fun going around the rooftops and other hard to reach places. But everything comes to a head when Tsukuba is found thrashing a judo kid to the point of near crippling him. You've just hopped onto a roof when Kenny boy steps in to stop him. Do you stand with him or let him take this one?

Neither. Not for any reason close to righteousness - that's Ken's thing - but more out of outrage, as Tsukuba is distracted I drop down to the ground and approach from behind him.

By the time I'm there, he's probably read to try and beat Ken to a pulp ... and I proceed to tap him on the shoulder. Wound up as he is, I'm prepared to evade the inevitable backfist or kick he'll probably throw on instinct alone and plant my Appachai-inspired into his vulnerable side.

"Challenge accepted."

Then I proceed to not let up for a moment, pressing my advantage.

Still, Tsukuba is probably tough enough to take a bit of punishment, so rather than try to put him out with striking techniques, I'll resort to maneuvering him into position for a textbook Akisame-inspired throw. Let the ground/wall/nearby tree do its part in contributing to the fight.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:Mama can come with... lightning martial arts reflexes.

Mama keeps on trying to eat you on the way back, but the sheer joy on Miu's face seems to make it worth while.

"You're the one wanted to be strong, Ken. With great power comes great responsibility and those who would test their power against your own. Some will be doing so as a friendly match of ability and should be honored, others will have much more basial reasons and methods."

"Heh you're right bro, besides if it gets too hot I guess I'll have you by my side, even I don't need you infront of me anymore."

Clap him on the shoulder. "Prove it... and if you make yourself worthy while to us, we'll make ourselves worth while to you. As long as its not dishonorable, well, I know you're intelligent enough to see value in two guys who can casually demolish the school Karate club without straining themselves."

"I will....oh i will..." That's a downright EVIL look on his face.

Oh. Big boobs and personal pride.

It's moved a bit beyond that actually. I'm friends with these peoples!

HEY! APPA! WE BUDDIES?

"APPA! WE BESTEST OF BUDDIES! APAPAPAPAPAPAP!" And there goes half a wall.

So, anyone want to watch some movies? At the best we can drink some soda, popcorn, and bond. At the best we can sit around the TV and heckle how comical the fight scenes are.

Sakaki and Ma have made it something of a drinking game for stupidity from kung fu films.

Actually, the one with the flee market would be easiest to pull off and lowest investment of energy... but up to them.

AS for great depression... if the fictional econcomic situation is anwhere like the IRL one... I'll get started on the pamphlets.

Though I'm shocked Kensei isn't jumping all over the photographer idea...

Well mostly it's that he needs a moment for things to connect and considering his normal...targets... he's not of the opinion that women like their pictures taken.

I'll agree, and if they don't issue respectful challenges then we're in no way obligated to fight them as they'd wish...

For example if they try and jump us they'll find themselves facing 3-on-3 as I'm sure we can depend on Miu to watch our backs. We'd do the same for her.

Considering at this point she's still more than good enough to maul the both of you.... she thanks you for the sentiment.

But still you manage to avoid them for several weeks, in the mean time Appachai's decided to teach you the low kick, along with the method that goes with it, slamming a shin into a solid object for an inordinate amount of time. Kenny's leg actually breaks, while yours...well it hurts like a mother.

Oh and about Miu. Considering unlike Kenichi I'm willing to actually hit her while sparing. I find the fact that Kenichi can't disrespectful to her.

I'm an odd one. Smile

That's a wall that's going to take a while to batter down but he tries.

Kelenas wrote:Well, with some luck Kenichi will get better in time. It'd certainly be good for him. Smile

Heh

And until then, I'll probably have to drag him home after training each time... >_>

Heh

Obviously, because I'm weird like that!

(Plus, after seeing what they put my brother through, I'm not sure whether they are actually competent martial arts teachers, or just Crazy People(tm) with a sadistic streak the size of Jupiter's equator. I'm kinda hoping going through that training myself will help me to better figure it out, even though I'm admittedly somewhat terrified.)

Well they also don't want to think you can get this for free, they're more than happy to train you to the best of their abilities but they're not going to just do it for free. Their eyes starts glowing and the air gets just a little heavy (Stop trying to swindle these people.)

Okay, those are some fairly concerning numbers in regards to Ragnarok. Better get started on digging deeper; "know your enemy" and all that, and I'm kinda curious about those "terrifyingly strong" guys at the top.
Good thing we live in the digital or information age or whatever it's called. Search-engines and message-boards make gathering fairly easy and quick, and the internet offers a great deal of anonymity. Especially if I want to be really paranoid and use pre-paid throwaway-cellphones, but I don't really see the reason for that, yet. Chances are there's hundreds of others looking up information about the gang, so one more shouldn't even be noticeable.

Well after a little digging you find out that all of the major leaders in the group have names based on norse mythology or culture, Thor, Loki, Freya, Siegfried, Berserk, Hermit, and the apparent leader Odin, there is another a girl codenamed Valkyrie that seems to be a show in for the next fist or elite of the gang.

Rieverre wrote:Woot. All that and one hell of a view ... well, when I'm not focusing on not-dying.

I start bringing Snowy along to the dojo again and while I learn from Shigure she can nap and look cute, score some Duchess-cuddles, or get trained into an epic martial-arts cat by Shigure's rodent companion.

Heh

Neither. Not for any reason close to righteousness - that's Ken's thing - but more out of outrage, as Tsukuba is distracted I drop down to the ground and approach from behind him.

By the time I'm there, he's probably read to try and beat Ken to a pulp ... and I proceed to tap him on the shoulder. Wound up as he is, I'm prepared to evade the inevitable backfist or kick he'll probably throw on instinct alone and plant my Appachai-inspired into his vulnerable side.

"Challenge accepted."

Then I proceed to not let up for a moment, pressing my advantage.

Still, Tsukuba is probably tough enough to take a bit of punishment, so rather than try to put him out with striking techniques, I'll resort to maneuvering him into position for a textbook Akisame-inspired throw. Let the ground/wall/nearby tree do its part in contributing to the fight.

He slams into the school wall with a wincing thud, then crashes to the ground and does little else but groan. Congrats you're now on Ragnarok, the biggest gang in the neighborhood's shit list. Kenny is more than a little concerned considering you're identical twins and all.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:Mama keeps on trying to eat you on the way back, but the sheer joy on Miu's face seems to make it worth while.

Hold her by the scruff of the neck and as soon as she's down she's met with cream and tuna.

I know how to handle and bribe cats.

"Heh you're right bro, besides if it gets too hot I guess I'll have you by my side, even I don't need you infront of me anymore."

"Yep."

BROFIST!

"I will....oh i will..." That's a downright EVIL look on his face.

"And we're getting stronger... just remember don't cause trouble for us. If you need our help talk to us before hand. Remember, watch our backs and we'll watch yours, but if you're willing to play it straight I will too. Deal?" Offer him my hand.

"APPA! WE BESTEST OF BUDDIES! APAPAPAPAPAPAP!" And there goes half a wall.

Clap on the shoulder.

Sakaki and Ma have made it something of a drinking game for stupidity from kung fu films.

A lot of them actually know what they're doing though... I guess Bruce Lee in this universe was some kind of living god.

Well mostly it's that he needs a moment for things to connect and considering his normal...targets... he's not of the opinion that women like their pictures taken.

I try and convince him to do one test day to see how it works... and arrange for some of more ditzy big titted girls from school to hear about the awesome new photographer... Wink

Considering at this point she's still more than good enough to maul the both of you.... she thanks you for the sentiment.

Even the greatest fighter can be caught in a blindspot. She might be better than us but she only has two eyes. We'll watch her back.

But still you manage to avoid them for several weeks, in the mean time Appachai's decided to teach you the low kick, along with the method that goes with it, slamming a shin into a solid object for an inordinate amount of time. Kenny's leg actually breaks, while yours...well it hurts like a mother.

We need to figure out some way to avoid such injuries. Broken bones slow training speed!

That's a wall that's going to take a while to batter down but he tries.

I see NOT going all out as disrespecting her as a martial artist.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 am

Psyckosama wrote:Hold her by the scruff of the neck and as soon as she's down she's met with cream and tuna.

I know how to handle and bribe cats.

She finally calms down a bit but she still looks ready to eat you if you get to close to the litter.

"Yep."

BROFIST!

Heh

"And we're getting stronger... just remember don't cause trouble for us. If you need our help talk to us before hand. Remember, watch our backs and we'll watch yours, but if you're willing to play it straight I will too. Deal?" Offer him my hand.

"Deal" And takes the hand.

Clap on the shoulder.

With a jump to get there I assume.

A lot of them actually know what they're doing though... I guess Bruce Lee in this universe was some kind of living god.

Kensei makes a remark about he could take the guy, to which Akisame promptly responds, "Didn't he punch you through a wall when you tried to fight him back in '71?"

I try and convince him to do one test day to see how it works... and arrange for some of more ditzy big titted girls from school to hear about the awesome new photographer... Wink

Well you convinced him, now to convince some of the girls at school.

Even the greatest fighter can be caught in a blindspot. She might be better than us but she only has two eyes. We'll watch her back.

True and she thanks the both of you.

We need to figure out some way to avoid such injuries. Broken bones slow training speed!

Well between Akisame and Ma they have Kenny up and going in several days.

I see NOT going all out as disrespecting her as a martial artist.

Not long after Kenny boy's leg heals up you find that two of your classmates have dissappeared from the lunch break, you think that the trio that you've avoiding have tried to use them as bait. Considering they used to call Kenny, "Worthless Kenichi"...they aren't all that good at information gathering.

Kenny still want to save them though, damn Galahad syndrome...
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:He slams into the school wall with a wincing thud, then crashes to the ground and does little else but groan. Congrats you're now on Ragnarok, the biggest gang in the neighborhood's shit list. Kenny is more than a little concerned considering you're identical twins and all.

I wear my hair short. Learned _that_ lesson a big back when people kept grabbing at it. Also, it lets my glares get through unobstructed, which is always a plus.

"Seriously, Ken, you read all the martial arts manga I did and so far _those_ seemed to be art imitating life. What made you think it would be anything other than a long-term journey? I mean, look at Furinji-o-sensei."

I let Kenichi handle Tsukuba's beaten-up former dance partner.

Then it's time to call Niijima. If this is going to get blown out of proportion, and there's no doubt that it is, getting a handle on spin control right this moment will be useful. Besides, dropping these little tidbits of information on him every now and again keeps him from going too overboard on making stuff up, so I let him know I'm going to be dragging Tsukuba to the nurse's office in a few minutes.

As for Ragnarok ... holy mixed references, Batman. They probably just read the cliff-notes on Norse mythology and didn't think about the symbolism too deeply. Well, other than that 'Hermit' guy, whoever he is, as he obviously didn't drink the Kool Aid and go with the program there.

Wonder if any of them would actually get it if I started calling myself Fenrir at some point.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum