A Shirahama is you

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Shirahama is you

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:59 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well when you start gathering ingrediants from the kitchen, Kenichi immediately leaves the building and goes to sit out in the garden, the masters are somewhat confused at this but half an hour later, they've already joined him. At the edge of your hearing you can hear the dogs beginning to howl and other animals are starting to freak as well.

That's how you know its good! Very Happy

While your cooking, Kenichi is being put through his paces, and he's howling in agony at the top of his lungs.

What? He hasn't even tasted it yet!

Well when your finished, Kenichi's in a bizarre looking situation.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tnNzNcQFhQY/TlOfh1rR4eI/AAAAAAAAAQI/UGxE2JdbLtk/015.jpg?imgmax=2000

He's yammering, "I thought we were going to do some LIGHT stuff."

Akisame quickly responds that this IS light.

"Soups on!"

I look at him. "I told you so..."

The curry is ready. For anyone with a built up resistance to spice it'll be delicious. To everyone else like drinking molten lava.

Apa gets a double helping because he's far from home and will appreciate it. I get a double helping because I'm a big eater and I made it. Sakaski gets a double helping because he dared challenge my culinary might... Wink

My stomach is the most powerful organ in my body! I could digest a tank! I'm immune to ingested toxins because nothing can survive the chemical hell of my stomach!

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:28 am

Psyckosama wrote:That's how you know its good! Very Happy

heh

What? He hasn't even tasted it yet!

Your brother's in agony for different reasons besides your cooking.

"Soups on!"

I look at him. "I told you so..."

He looks back for an instant in an attempt to glare at you.

The curry is ready. For anyone with a built up resistance to spice it'll be delicious. To everyone else like drinking molten lava.

Apa gets a double helping because he's far from home and will appreciate it. I get a double helping because I'm a big eater and I made it. Sakaski gets a double helping because he dared challenge my culinary might... Wink

My stomach is the most powerful organ in my body! I could digest a tank! I'm immune to ingested toxins because nothing can survive the chemical hell of my stomach!

Everyone stares at the black bubbling substance with some trepidation...save for Kenichi and Appachai. Finally, Sakaki takes a small amount and sticks it in his mouth. He chew for all of half a second, then his face turns red and his eyes go bloodshot. He stares at Kenichi, you, Appachai, and Miu who are able to manage the stuff relatively well though to varying degrees. Using that incredible resistance to pain he continues eating the curry, one agonizing and mechanical bite at a time. The others besides the elder who is also very slowly eating the stuff take a couple of bites and seem to be unable to continue, Kensei (camera dude) responds by running screaming for a spigot outside and turning his head upsidedown and pumping water madly into his mouth. The others seem to be responding a bit better though.

All of them though seem to stare abit at how quickly your shoveling that hell sauce in your mouth.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Your brother's in agony for different reasons besides your cooking.

Oh.

He looks back for an instant in an attempt to glare at you.

I completely ignore it.

Everyone stares at the black bubbling substance with some trepidation...save for Kenichi and Appachai. Finally, Sakaki takes a small amount and sticks it in his mouth. He chew for all of half a second, then his face turns red and his eyes go bloodshot. He stares at Kenichi, you, Appachai, and Miu who are able to manage the stuff relatively well though to varying degrees. Using that incredible resistance to pain he continues eating the curry, one agonizing and mechanical bite at a time.

And since he's obviously enjoying it, when he's almost done, I top it off for him. Big man like him needs energy!

he others besides the elder who is also very slowly eating the stuff take a couple of bites and seem to be unable to continue,

Is the elder at least enjoying it?

Kensei (camera dude) responds by running screaming for a spigot outside and turning his head upsidedown and pumping water madly into his mouth.

Heh.

The others seem to be responding a bit better though.

Good. Smile

How does Miu like it?

All of them though seem to stare abit at how quickly your shoveling that hell sauce in your mouth.

I up end the bottle of Hot sauce into it to give it more zest... Very Happy

So after? I consumed a huge amount... and some of the tableware has doubtlessly corroded away into nothing... ^_^

"Ah... I love a good curry..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Oh you're quite welcome, it would have been a tragedy if this was lost." He hefts the cake, which Miu, and the apparent gate opener, a massive man with sliverish hair and tanned skin, equally as towering and massive as the older man, both stare at in wonder.

"And yes I guess you could call me her sensei, I'm Furinji Hayato her grandfather, welcome to Ryozanpaku. I don't believe I caught your names."

Ken and I introduce ourselves.

"Well, we thought - she helped us out a lot, how do we say thankyou? Then we thought, martial artist. Likely goes through calories like we wouldn't believe. And then we thought, girl, chocolate cake, match made in heaven."

I then introduce Snowy.

"She's just here to look adorable."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Oh.

quite

I completely ignore it.

ha

And since he's obviously enjoying it, when he's almost done, I top it off for him. Big man like him needs energy!

You're not sure if his eyes are watering or if he's actually crying.

Is the elder at least enjoying it?

Well...it's certainly an experience.

Heh.

Akisame somehow keeping his dignity, simply put's his spoon down and says that he unfortunately not hungry anymore.

Good. Smile

How does Miu like it?

She's eating it and she sweating quite a bit but she's handling it alright. Appachai's turned red but he hasn't slowed down, Kenichi the least affected only taking a sip of water every so often.

I up end the bottle of Hot sauce into it to give it more zest... Very Happy

So after? I consumed a huge amount... and some of the tableware has doubtlessly corroded away into nothing... ^_^

"Ah... I love a good curry..."

They simply goggle at what you've done apparently even Masters like them can still be amazed.

Akisame then says that the two of you, after half an hour will finish up your testing together.

That said testing ends up being the two of you being tied to a tire, Kenichi's having Akisame sitting in it. While your's has Sakaki sitting in there with a large ice chest of beer in his lap.

The two of you are promptly told that you'll be pulling the two of them roughly six miles. While running. And Akisame has a whip...

Rieverre wrote:Ken and I introduce ourselves.

"Well, we thought - she helped us out a lot, how do we say thankyou? Then we thought, martial artist. Likely goes through calories like we wouldn't believe. And then we thought, girl, chocolate cake, match made in heaven."

That get's a laugh out of the old man and he invites the two of you inside.

I then introduce Snowy.

"She's just here to look adorable."

Miu immediately latches onto the cat.

The two of you come inside the gates. The Elder offers you a tour of the place. He gestures over to Appachai who's playing with the cat as well, "Appachai Happochai, Death God of Muay Thai."

As you go on you notice a slightly open door, inside is a gorgeuous young woman in a purple traditional outfit that JUST keeps things decent, the two of you drool like morons until she slices multiple steel weapons with a single blow of her long katana.

"Shigure Kosaka Mistress of all Weaponry." The elder comments.

The two of you nearly lose an eye when out from under the floor of her room, a small man in a green Chinese outfit and black hat and holding a camera is chased from her room with Ninja stars, though you're saved by the Elder. He mentions that the small man is Kensei Ma, Master of all Chinese Kempo.

Other individuals you meet are 100th degree street brawler Shio Sakaki, and the philosophical Jujitsu master Akisame Koetsuji.

All told they are some utterly terrifying individuals but they sure as hell look strong...maybe...just maybe... they might be a way to survive a tussle with Chukuba later on...
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You're not sure if his eyes are watering or if he's actually crying.

Laughing

Well...it's certainly an experience.

Heh. Well, I'll make something a bit less spicy next time.

Akisame somehow keeping his dignity, simply put's his spoon down and says that he unfortunately not hungry anymore.

Understood.

She's eating it and she sweating quite a bit but she's handling it alright. Appachai's turned red but he hasn't slowed down, Kenichi the least affected only taking a sip of water every so often.

Glad they're enjoying it! Nothing like a good curry!

They simply goggle at what you've done apparently even Masters like them can still be amazed.

"What?"

Akisame then says that the two of you, after half an hour will finish up your testing together.

Alright...

Is it me or was their an ominous lighting strike in the distance.

That said testing ends up being the two of you being tied to a tire, Kenichi's having Akisame sitting in it. While your's has Sakaki sitting in there with a large ice chest of beer in his lap.

A cest of beer? Okay... now that just ain't cool...

The two of you are promptly told that you'll be pulling the two of them roughly six miles. While running. And Akisame has a whip...

Well, at least I'm not in the tire with the whip.

And Curry gives me gas! Very Happy

Normally I'd spend some time outside relaxing where I wouldn't stink up the house, but if he REALLY wants to be right behind me, making my body work... well... Twisted Evil

That said, my true vengeance will come the next morning...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Miu immediately latches onto the cat.

The two of you come inside the gates. The Elder offers you a tour of the place. He gestures over to Appachai who's playing with the cat as well, "Appachai Happochai, Death God of Muay Thai."

... I give Snowy a stealth-thumbs up.

As you go on you notice a slightly open door, inside is a gorgeuous young woman in a purple traditional outfit that JUST keeps things decent, the two of you drool like morons until she slices multiple steel weapons with a single blow of her long katana.

"Shigure Kosaka Mistress of all Weaponry." The elder comments.

Less with the drooling, more with the looking ... faintly stumped ... um ...

... wow ...

The two of you nearly lose an eye when out from under the floor of her room, a small man in a green Chinese outfit and black hat and holding a camera is chased from her room with Ninja stars, though you're saved by the Elder. He mentions that the small man is Kensei Ma, Master of all Chinese Kempo.

I barely flinch at the shuriken because I hardly notice them at all.

"... is it weird that I think she's even more attractive after seeing all that?"

Suicidal taste in women, activate!

"Also, that looked like a rather good, if unique, way of keeping your edge."

Other individuals you meet are 100th degree street brawler Shio Sakaki, and the philosophical Jujitsu master Akisame Koetsuji.

Actually, you know, greet them. And elbow Ken, whispering that he's being rude to the large scary people who a)look like they could break us with one hand and b)just happen to be residents by just standing there looking like he's going to faint.

All told they are some utterly terrifying individuals but they sure as hell look strong...maybe...just maybe... they might be a way to survive a tussle with Chukuba later on...

After Ken's gone to make googly eyes at Miu, and/or everyone's distracted by cat, cake, or some combination thereof I'll approach the Elder ...

... well, I'll spend a few minutes staring at Shigure in pure aesthetic appreciation (that's my story and I'm sticking with it), then approach the Elder.

"Actually, Furinji O-sensei, I do admit to having something of an ulterior motive to coming here. My brother and myself have found ourselves in a bit of a situation. I don't know if your granddaughter has related any of the help she has given us, but let it simply be said that she aided us in finding how we may defend ourselves. Sadly, in defending ourselves effectively, we've drawn further attention."

Pause ...

How to phrase this ... hmm ...

"I would respectfully request that you consider my brother for instruction at your dojo."

I stop before I can go on and include myself in that request. That wouldn't be fair.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Heh. Well, I'll make something a bit less spicy next time.

For them, please do.

Glad they're enjoying it! Nothing like a good curry!

Heh

"What?"

"Nothing," Akisame says, "just that even in the world of masters there is still plenty that can surprise someone."

Alright...

Is it me or was their an ominous lighting strike in the distance.

....yes....

A chest of beer? Okay... now that just ain't cool...

Heh

Well, at least I'm not in the tire with the whip.

And Curry gives me gas! Very Happy

Normally I'd spend some time outside relaxing where I wouldn't stink up the house, but if he REALLY wants to be right behind me, making my body work... well... Twisted Evil

That said, my true vengeance will come the next morning...

Well you drag your sorry carcasses back after what feels like an eternity, dead tired, and feeling like your everything's hurt. Sakaki doesn't seem as pleased as you would have expected either. Must have been that wind blowing back into his face on the run back.

You might have enough energy to clean off but that's about it.

Anything to do or say?

Rieverre wrote:... I give Snowy a stealth-thumbs up.

She looks at you like she always does.

Less with the drooling, more with the looking ... faintly stumped ... um ...

... wow ...

Heh

I barely flinch at the shuriken because I hardly notice them at all.

"... is it weird that I think she's even more attractive after seeing all that?"

Suicidal taste in women, activate!

"Bro...you're crazy..."

"Also, that looked like a rather good, if unique, way of keeping your edge."

..."Why the puns?!"

Actually, you know, greet them. And elbow Ken, whispering that he's being rude to the large scary people who a)look like they could break us with one hand and b)just happen to be residents by just standing there looking like he's going to faint.

He manages to keep his cool but it's obvious he wants to run SOOOO BADLY.

After Ken's gone to make googly eyes at Miu, and/or everyone's distracted by cat, cake, or some combination thereof I'll approach the Elder ...

... well, I'll spend a few minutes staring at Shigure in pure aesthetic appreciation (that's my story and I'm sticking with it), then approach the Elder.

"Actually, Furinji O-sensei, I do admit to having something of an ulterior motive to coming here. My brother and myself have found ourselves in a bit of a situation. I don't know if your granddaughter has related any of the help she has given us, but let it simply be said that she aided us in finding how we may defend ourselves. Sadly, in defending ourselves effectively, we've drawn further attention."

Pause ...

How to phrase this ... hmm ...

"I would respectfully request that you consider my brother for instruction at your dojo."

I stop before I can go on and include myself in that request. That wouldn't be fair.

He's silent for a moment then laughs and says, "And I'm sure there is a 'and me' in there that you don't want to say. But I understand you don't wish to presume too much. But I would be glad to have you students here at the dojo as would the rest of masters. But what does your brother think?"

When Kenichi is asked he looks vaugely overwhelmed at the concept but he grits his teeth and says that he would be honored to train here.

Faster than you could imagine Kensei has a pair of scrolls out which both say that you will be students here at Ryozanpaku.

Kenichi signs his and I assume you do as well.

Once the signatures are over with, he roles up the scrolls and says that now all he needs are 2000 yen from each of you.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Why the puns?!"

"Hmm? Do I always have to have a ... point?"

He's silent for a moment then laughs and says, "And I'm sure there is a 'and me' in there that you don't want to say. But I understand you don't wish to presume too much. But I would be glad to have you students here at the dojo as would the rest of masters. But what does your brother think?"

"I think he'd welcome something that would help him push himself forward. I haven't seen him as enthusiastic as he was about training in a long while."

After a moment, I add:

"Kenichi's a genuinely good person. I'm the other side of the coin. I'm not sure how suited I'd be, even if I want to learn."

When Kenichi is asked he looks vaugely overwhelmed at the concept but he grits his teeth and says that he would be honored to train here.

Faster than you could imagine Kensei has a pair of scrolls out which both say that you will be students here at Ryozanpaku.

Kenichi signs his and I assume you do as well.

Once the signatures are over with, he roles up the scrolls and says that now all he needs are 2000 yen from each of you.

Well, regardless of how the earlier bit turns out, this is easily handled by simply calling back home and saying Ken and I (or just Ken, should that be the case) are signing up for martial arts classes at a dojo. Parents should be so ecstatic about us going out and doing something social like this they'll be glad to spot the tuition fees.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:
For them, please do.

And here I was hoping to make my patented "Cut through a bank vault" chili!

"Nothing," Akisame says, "just that even in the world of masters there is still plenty that can surprise someone."

"The world's like that. The more sure you become that nothing can surprise you, the more the world surprises you." Smile

Well you drag your sorry carcasses back after what feels like an eternity, dead tired, and feeling like your everything's hurt. Sakaki doesn't seem as pleased as you would have expected either. Must have been that wind blowing back into his face on the run back.

Vengence!

You might have enough energy to clean off but that's about it.

Need... more... curry... power to go on...

Anything to do or say?

"And way we could build strength the old fashion way? You know... sparing?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:53 am

Rieverre wrote:"Hmm? Do I always have to have a ... point?"

Groan

"I think he'd welcome something that would help him push himself forward. I haven't seen him as enthusiastic as he was about training in a long while."

After a moment, I add:

"Kenichi's a genuinely good person. I'm the other side of the coin. I'm not sure how suited I'd be, even if I want to learn."

"Nonsense lad, I've seen how the two interact with each other. You've been your brother's guardian for ages from what I can tell. It would drive you crazy if you were left behind, even IF he didn't need you as a guardian anymore. Besides I think you'd fit in here just fine lad."

Well, regardless of how the earlier bit turns out, this is easily handled by simply calling back home and saying Ken and I (or just Ken, should that be the case) are signing up for martial arts classes at a dojo. Parents should be so ecstatic about us going out and doing something social like this they'll be glad to spot the tuition fees.

Once your folks here about what the situation is they're more than glad to pay more it. Though it does seems that you could hear the CLONG! of mom's cooking pan.

Psyckosama wrote:And here I was hoping to make my patented "Cut through a bank vault" chili!

It's rare to see grown men look in horror like that.

"The world's like that. The more sure you become that nothing can surprise you, the more the world surprises you." Smile

"Oh that's quite true..."

Vengence!

He seems a bit snarly.

Need... more... curry... power to go on...

Well you find the pot of leftover curry but it seems that Appachai ate it since the two of you were gone.

"And way we could build strength the old fashion way? You know... sparing?

Akisame: "Well you could do that. It's how it was done in the past, but it only builds up the muscles that are immediately needed and it makes one off balance in their build. Also it is highly dangerous for the disciples, with many of them being irrevocably injured and no longer able to practice the art. Besides neither of you have advanced enough for it to be worthwhile just yet."

Whatever your response, Kenichi and you eventually get a moment alone, as you try and slowly move, Kenichi asks, "Bro, I'm kinda wondering, if we're going to be training here so much, I'm kinda wondering if we should keep being a part of the Karate Club or not?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:00 am

Brian Boru wrote:It's rare to see grown men look in horror like that.

"What?"

And yes. It's been tested on an actual bank vault... :p

It EARNED that name goddam damn it!

"Oh that's quite true..."

^_^

He seems a bit snarly.

Heh.

Well you find the pot of leftover curry but it seems that Appachai ate it since the two of you were gone.

Damn it... Appachai... *sigh*

Need spicy food to go on...

Akisame: "Well you could do that. It's how it was done in the past, but it only builds up the muscles that are immediately needed and it makes one off balance in their build. Also it is highly dangerous for the disciples, with many of them being irrevocably injured and no longer able to practice the art. Besides neither of you have advanced enough for it to be worthwhile just yet."

"How about gym memberships?" Pleading eyes. "With machines designed to safely target and develop specific muscle groups! We can pay for ourselves!"

Whatever your response, Kenichi and you eventually get a moment alone, as you try and slowly move, Kenichi asks, "Bro, I'm kinda wondering, if we're going to be training here so much, I'm kinda wondering if we should keep being a part of the Karate Club or not?"

"I think we never should have been part of the Karate club to begin with. I was only there to keep them from stuffing you in the heavy bag."

I smile wistfully. "Maybe now it'll be safe to join the Role-Playing Club!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:57 am

Psyckosama wrote:"What?"

And yes. It's been tested on an actual bank vault... :p

It EARNED that name goddam damn it!

"Nothing...nothing at all."

Damn it... Appachai... *sigh*

Need spicy food to go on...

Well even spicy food likely wouldn't have kept you going at the moment. Sleep is what you need.

"How about gym memberships?" Pleading eyes. "With machines designed to safely target and develop specific muscle groups! We can pay for ourselves!"

"Don't be silly, I'm an expert at this you'll do better with my regime than a hundred gyms."

"I think we never should have been part of the Karate club to begin with. I was only there to keep them from stuffing you in the heavy bag."

I smile wistfully. "Maybe now it'll be safe to join the Role-Playing Club!"

He stares for a moment but laughs and shrugs, "Thanks for that bro...you know I don't know if I've ever really thanked you for all the times you've bailed me out of fights with bullies. Now though I hope I can watch you're back as well, return the favor and all that."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Nothing...nothing at all."

Shrug.

Well even spicy food likely wouldn't have kept you going at the moment. Sleep is what you need.

One is good. Both is better...

"Don't be silly, I'm an expert at this you'll do better with my regime than a hundred gyms."

"That which doesn't kill you..." *sigh*

He stares for a moment but laughs and shrugs, "Thanks for that bro...you know I don't know if I've ever really thanked you for all the times you've bailed me out of fights with bullies. Now though I hope I can watch you're back as well, return the favor and all that."

"You're welcome. Now shut up so I can sleep..."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:49 am

Psyckosama wrote:One is good. Both is better...

Maybe, but for now you'll have to settle for the one.

"That which doesn't kill you..." *sigh*

"Oh good you have the right mindset."

"You're welcome. Now shut up so I can sleep..."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

The both of you are out like lights.

You're woken up early enough for a mile run, though instead of Sakaki, you're pulling Appachai as Sakaki is apparently...indisposed...

You get to school on time and classes go relatively well though the male part of the school seems to be vaguely upset that the two of you are hanging with such a pretty girl.

When Karate club starts Kenichi is unsure as to go about just telling them the two of you are quitting.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:Maybe, but for now you'll have to settle for the one.

Damn it...

"Oh good you have the right mindset."

"Kenichi, I just want you to know, this is all your fault."

The both of you are out like lights.

Yep!

You're woken up early enough for a mile run, though instead of Sakaki, you're pulling Appachai as Sakaki is apparently...indisposed...

I spend the run talking with Appachai.

Can we hear the howls of agony from the toilet?

You get to school on time and classes go relatively well though the male part of the school seems to be vaguely upset that the two of you are hanging with such a pretty girl.

"Fuck 'em"

When Karate club starts Kenichi is unsure as to go about just telling them the two of you are quitting.

Up to you. Personally I'm just tempted to say "I quit" and leave.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Nonsense lad, I've seen how the two interact with each other. You've been your brother's guardian for ages from what I can tell. It would drive you crazy if you were left behind, even IF he didn't need you as a guardian anymore. Besides I think you'd fit in here just fine lad."

... well, at least now nobody can say I didn't give fair warning.

Evil or Very Mad

Once your folks here about what the situation is they're more than glad to pay more it. Though it does seems that you could hear the CLONG! of mom's cooking pan.

I put the phone down with the faint, sinking feeling that I might have actually inherited my taste in women from dad.

Then I shrug and move on.

There is delicious cake. It must be eaten.

After that, I suppose we should settle on some kind of training schedule. Especially as in the beginning we're probably just going to be doing drills on basics, basics, and more basics.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeitgeist on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Brian Boru wrote: True

Maybe I should give buy him a self-help book for dealing with addictions for his birthday.

[quote="Brian Boru"] Well the...short cut she takes you on makes you feel like Ezio from Assassin's creed with all the wall hopping and walking along, well she hops and runs along, you scramble behind her as best you can. [/qoute]

No wonder she's so athletic if she takes this way to school every morning. She must be some kind of damn parkour prodigy. Well, at least this is a good warm up for Karate club.

Brian Boru wrote: Until you reach the biggest canal in the neighborhood, before you ask whether or not you're supposed to swim it or not she hops on the fence and LEAPS the damn distance!

'Holt...Holy shit.' Daichi thought as he watched the nigh superhuman feat of athleticism. "Uh....I'm not...I'm not entirely sure I can jump this..." He said, looking down at canal. "Screw it. I'll give it try." He muttered, before taking off his bookbag and throwing it at her so as to reduce his weight. "Catch!" Taking a moment to collect himself, he hopped over the railing, sliding down the stilted wall into the base below. Then with a gusto, he tried jumping on to the concrete platforms in the canal to avoid the water, then to the other side so he can try scaling the slanted wall opposite to where he started.

OOC: Do I need to show you a picture of the canal she jumped in the manga for this to make sense?

Well...I guess rp though if you want to add SI to it feel free, dual memories I guess.

OOC: All right, i'll think of adding some SI elements I guess.

Zeitgeist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 am

Psyckosama wrote:Damn it...

Heh

"Kenichi, I just want you to know, this is all your fault."

Sheepish grin

I spend the run talking with Appachai.

Well you talk before the run starts but you're a bit indisposed while you're running.

Can we hear the howls of agony from the toilet?

A couple of them.

"Fuck 'em"

"Yup!"

Miu doesn't notice.

Up to you. Personally I'm just tempted to say "I quit" and leave.

Well, Kenichi says basically the same thing but when the two of you leave, Daimonji does something stupid, " 'Bout damn time the wimp and the sneak left this dojo, they made us look like a bunch of wimps just being near us."

Kenichi, for the first time in your lives...twitches at that.

Rieverre wrote:... well, at least now nobody can say I didn't give fair warning.

Evil or Very Mad

OOH you'll be a bit on the busy side for any funny business.

I put the phone down with the faint, sinking feeling that I might have actually inherited my taste in women from dad.

Heh...

Then I shrug and move on.

There is delicious cake. It must be eaten.

After that, I suppose we should settle on some kind of training schedule. Especially as in the beginning we're probably just going to be doing drills on basics, basics, and more basics.

Well Akisame says that he'll do some light stuff to start with since you started late.

The both of you wind up in this position.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tnNzNcQFhQY/TlOfh1rR4eI/AAAAAAAAAQI/UGxE2JdbLtk/015.jpg?imgmax=2000

Zeitgeist wrote:Maybe I should give buy him a self-help book for dealing with addictions for his birthday.

Might go over his head Very Happy

Brian Boru wrote:No wonder she's so athletic if she takes this way to school every morning. She must be some kind of damn parkour prodigy. Well, at least this is a good warm up for Karate club.

Oh if you only knew...

Brian Boru wrote:'Holt...Holy shit.' Daichi thought as he watched the nigh superhuman feat of athleticism. "Uh....I'm not...I'm not entirely sure I can jump this..." He said, looking down at canal. "Screw it. I'll give it try." He muttered, before taking off his bookbag and throwing it at her so as to reduce his weight. "Catch!" Taking a moment to collect himself, he hopped over the railing, sliding down the stilted wall into the base below. Then with a gusto, he tried jumping on to the concrete platforms in the canal to avoid the water, then to the other side so he can try scaling the slanted wall opposite to where he started.

OOC: Do I need to show you a picture of the canal she jumped in the manga for this to make sense?

Nope I remember the stones.

Well, you quickly hop over the stone steps though she has to help pull you up the other side. The two of you JUST BARELY make it in time, though Kenichi has to stand out in the hall when he arrives late some time later.

You get to hear Miu's introduction, Miu Furinji and you learn that she had been originally going to one of the best schools in town before she transferred here.

OOC: All right, i'll think of adding some SI elements I guess.

Go right on ahead.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:Sheepish grin

"I will kill you with my brain.[/quote]

Well you talk before the run starts but you're a bit indisposed while you're running.

Right. Still, helps get my mind off the pain. And I tell him I like training with him like this. He's a good guy.

A couple of them.

Like the bottle says... It'll make you feel like the prettiest boy in prison the next morning...

"Yup!"

Miu doesn't notice.

Heh.

Well, Kenichi says basically the same thing but when the two of you leave, Daimonji does something stupid, " 'Bout damn time the wimp and the sneak left this dojo, they made us look like a bunch of wimps just being near us."

Kenichi, for the first time in your lives...twitches at that.

I pull him off to the side.

"Bro... don't like the big toothless dog get to you. Wait on it, if you're really hung up on it, I'd say about this time next month challenge him to a duel... and beat him into the pavement. But remember, the smallest dog barks loudest, and... well... we've see him in the locker room. It's depressing the things steroid use does to a young body..." Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:53 am

Psyckosama wrote:I will kill you with my brain.

*gulp!*

Right. Still, helps get my mind off the pain. And I tell him I like training with him like this. He's a good guy.

True

Like the bottle says... It'll make you feel like the prettiest boy in prison the next morning...

Hah

I pull him off to the side.

"Bro... don't let the big toothless dog get to you. Wait on it, if you're really hung up on it, I'd say about this time next month challenge him to a duel... and beat him into the pavement. But remember, the smallest dog barks loudest, and... well... we've see him in the locker room. It's depressing the things steroid use does to a young body..." Wink

Kenichi laughs a bit and let's it go, unfortunately, Daimonji seems to have heard your little comment somehow, the steroids must have given him something else besides muscles and lack of nards.

He thunders towards you, murder in his eyes. "So...ya think you could take me in just a month? Well let's see for ourselves. Samanosuke Shirahama, you and me are going to have a little match a month from now, and we'll see if you really can get strong, which I doubt. Oh and if you try and avoid our fight? Then I'll come after the both of ya's!" He smashes a steel bucket flat as he stomps away.

Kenichi now is looking in horror as if this were his fault. He keeps his cool just long enough to get out of the club room but he immediately starts shrieking about how you're going to die! He's killed his own brother!
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:*gulp!*

Eye roll.

Kenichi laughs a bit and let's it go, unfortunately, Daimonji seems to have heard your little comment somehow, the steroids must have given him something else besides muscles and lack of nards.

He thunders towards you, murder in his eyes. "So...ya think you could take me in just a month? Well let's see for ourselves. Samanosuke Shirahama, you and me are going to have a little match a month from now, and we'll see if you really can get strong, which I doubt. Oh and if you try and avoid our fight? Then I'll come after the both of ya's!" He smashes a steel bucket flat as he stomps away.

"In a month I'd be able to take you while my brother makes me a throne out of the rest of your ambiguously gay steroid pumping girlfriends here. Seriously guys, have he even once given you a reach around?"

Kenichi now is looking in horror as if this were his fault. He keeps his cool just long enough to get out of the club room but he immediately starts shrieking about how you're going to die! He's killed his own brother!

"No, I'm going to break him in half."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:53 am

Psyckosama wrote:"In a month I'd be able to take you while my brother makes me a throne out of the rest of your ambiguously gay steroid pumping girlfriends here. Seriously guys, have he even once given you a reach around?"

The others, including Chukuba start glaring daggers at the both of you. Kenichi is starting to wilt.

"No, I'm going to break him in half."

Well school is over for now, I assume you head over to Ryozanpaku with Miu and your bro. When you reach the place, do you tell them what happened or do you sit on it for the moment?

Kenichi is all for begging for help.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:The others, including Chukuba start glaring daggers at the both of you. Kenichi is starting to wilt.

"Grow a pair little brother."

Well school is over for now, I assume you head over to Ryozanpaku with Miu and your bro. When you reach the place, do you tell them what happened or do you sit on it for the moment?

Kenichi is all for begging for help.

And I'm completely relaxed. I have complete faith in their training.

Now, what agonizing indignities do they intend to subject us to for our own good?

And I already have dinner planned...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:OOH you'll be a bit on the busy side for any funny business.

Yes, well, it's not anything that's going to hit with any sort of immediacy. Just sometime down the line.

Well Akisame says that he'll do some light stuff to start with since you started late.

The both of you wind up in this position.

While this isn't the kind of basic training I'd imagined ... as in, it's really really ridiculous ... it doesn't exactly come unexpected. Any basics training, if done with any kind of intensity, is going to be uncomfortable-to-painful.

So ... endure. In enduring, grow strong. Or something to that effect. If Kenichi has enough breath left to talk, it's not horrible, so instead of distracting myself like that I focus on that. Breathing. Properly, to make sure oxygen's reaching muscle but not as fast as to feel light-headed.

Focus. Don't ignore the pain. Work through it. And breathe.

... and, of course, once I've settled into something at least resembling a routine here Snowy climbs onto my shoulder ...

Dammit! Claws!

Well, should I survive this, and if I have any energy left after whatever else Akisame-sensei has planned, I'll talk to him to get an idea of how he's going to structure this whole 'training' thing. I imagine it's quite late by then, so we should call home and tell at least one parental unit we'll be sleeping over. And drag Kenichi to walk around the compound. Because after any kind of training, a wind-down seems like only good sense. See if we can borrow some rope so we can get our jumprope and footwork regular evening routine done.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Grow a pair little brother."

He steels himself though you do hear him mutter, "You can be mean bro."

And I'm completely relaxed. I have complete faith in their training.

Now, what agonizing indignities do they intend to subject us to for our own good?

And I already have dinner planned...

Oh quite a long list of painful and sometimes humiliating physical training, you see you need to build your strength up long before you can learn any actual techniques.

The looks of horror on their faces is vaguely amusing.

Rieverre wrote:Yes, well, it's not anything that's going to hit with any sort of immediacy. Just sometime down the line.

True

While this isn't the kind of basic training I'd imagined ... as in, it's really really ridiculous ... it doesn't exactly come unexpected. Any basics training, if done with any kind of intensity, is going to be uncomfortable-to-painful.

So ... endure. In enduring, grow strong. Or something to that effect. If Kenichi has enough breath left to talk, it's not horrible, so instead of distracting myself like that I focus on that. Breathing. Properly, to make sure oxygen's reaching muscle but not as fast as to feel light-headed.

Focus. Don't ignore the pain. Work through it. And breathe.

... and, of course, once I've settled into something at least resembling a routine here Snowy climbs onto my shoulder ...

Dammit! Claws!

Well, should I survive this, and if I have any energy left after whatever else Akisame-sensei has planned, I'll talk to him to get an idea of how he's going to structure this whole 'training' thing. I imagine it's quite late by then, so we should call home and tell at least one parental unit we'll be sleeping over. And drag Kenichi to walk around the compound. Because after any kind of training, a wind-down seems like only good sense. See if we can borrow some rope so we can get our jumprope and footwork regular evening routine done.

Well for the time being you're going to be on pure physical training and it might be weeks before you do anything else.

Though by the time you're done for the night Kenichi and you are utter wrecks especially after the two of you ran for six miles while tied to tires with Akisame and Sakaki riding in them respectively, you might not want to even think about rope or footwork.

As you hobble home Appachai and Miu say goodnight and good-bye, Appachai actually carved a pair of walking sticks for you to use.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He steels himself though you do hear him mutter, "You can be mean bro."

"Tough love."

Oh quite a long list of painful and sometimes humiliating physical training, you see you need to build your strength up long before you can learn any actual techniques.

I know...

So they say anything about idiot challenging us?

The looks of horror on their faces is vaguely amusing.

I cook something... edible if only just.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well for the time being you're going to be on pure physical training and it might be weeks before you do anything else.

Though by the time you're done for the night Kenichi and you are utter wrecks especially after the two of you ran for six miles while tied to tires with Akisame and Sakaki riding in them respectively, you might not want to even think about rope or footwork.

As you hobble home Appachai and Miu say goodnight and good-bye, Appachai actually carved a pair of walking sticks for you to use.

Ah, well ... in that case, thank the big guy.

If we're heading home, though, I'll still try to walk under my own power. Best work through this pain as early as possible or the muscles that are hurting now will seem to be a kind and gentle prelude once they start to stiffen up and we'll really be limited to hobbling, come morning.

What day of the week is it anyway?
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Tough love."

And you're about to be on the receiving end of it.

I know...

So they say anything about idiot challenging us?

They kinda laugh at it and act like it when a kid rides his bike for the first time, endearing and brings warm memories to their own minds. Kenny-boy is promptly wondering what is wrong with these people.

But they do say that if you have a month, then you'll be WAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! more than ready for this punk. Neither of you like the glints in their eyes.

I cook something... edible if only just.

And the relief that appears on their faces is just as humorous.

Rieverre wrote:Ah, well ... in that case, thank the big guy.

"Appa!"

If we're heading home, though, I'll still try to walk under my own power. Best work through this pain as early as possible or the muscles that are hurting now will seem to be a kind and gentle prelude once they start to stiffen up and we'll really be limited to hobbling, come morning.

Heh heh.

What day of the week is it anyway?

It was Saturday, tomorrow's Sunday so you don't have to hobble to school.

When the two of you get home, Honoka and pops are freaking out over your condition, even mom is concerned for a moment.

You might need to explain things, and fast, pops is close enough to call for Sebastian and mom doesn't have her cooking pan ready.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Brian Boru wrote:It was Saturday, tomorrow's Sunday so you don't have to hobble to school.

When the two of you get home, Honoka and pops are freaking out over your condition, even mom is concerned for a moment.

You might need to explain things, and fast, pops is close enough to call for Sebastian and mom doesn't have her cooking pan ready.

"... it's not that unexpected, right? Conditioning work is pretty brutal if you're not used to it, and we're just starting out. But given what we've seen of the teachers there, yes, I'd have to say they know what they're doing."

No clue what else I could say, really. Ken and I could definitely use a hot soak before turning in. He can have his first. In the meantime, I'll let Niijima know investigation into Miu's background is proceeding apace.

After my bath, I'll probably just collapse, though I'll try to stay conscious long enough to set our alarm. Since it's Sunday tomorrow, well, might as well get our money's worth and get back to building basics at the dojo.

... it's got totally nothing to do with my recently realized short kimono fetish. Nothing at all.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum