Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Shirahama is you

5 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A Shirahama is you - Page 4 Empty Re: A Shirahama is you

Post by Psyckosama Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Brian Boru wrote:And you're about to be on the receiving end of it.

Bite me.

They kinda laugh at it and act like it when a kid rides his bike for the first time, endearing and brings warm memories to their own minds. Kenny-boy is promptly wondering what is wrong with these people.

But they do say that if you have a month, then you'll be WAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! more than ready for this punk. Neither of you like the glints in their eyes.

Like they were going to go any easier...

And I'd like to start manufacturing evidence that if used will make Nijima the most hated person in school bar none. Just in case I need to destroy him utterly.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Rieverre wrote:"... it's not that unexpected, right? Conditioning work is pretty brutal if you're not used to it, and we're just starting out. But given what we've seen of the teachers there, yes, I'd have to say they know what they're doing."

That seems to calm mom down who in turn calms pops down with a hand on his shoulder and a smile. Sebastian doesn't have to go for a short walk tonight. Razz

No clue what else I could say, really. Ken and I could definitely use a hot soak before turning in. He can have his first. In the meantime, I'll let Niijima know investigation into Miu's background is proceeding apace.

He's overjoyed and tells you that the next release he 'finds' will come about three days sooner than expected.

After my bath, I'll probably just collapse, though I'll try to stay conscious long enough to set our alarm. Since it's Sunday tomorrow, well, might as well get our money's worth and get back to building basics at the dojo.

... it's got totally nothing to do with my recently realized short kimono fetish. Nothing at all.

Whelp you proceed to do yet more strength and physical fitness training which is almost as brutal and you swear you head hammers while you're doing pushups with a 20lb weight on your back.

Unless you want to say or do anything specific today it goes without incident though Kenichi is howling every so often.

The NEXT day though, you and Kenichi enter school and who should you be all but by but Nijima, who seems to be in a happy mood about something.

Psyckosama wrote:Bite me.

Hah

Like they were going to go any easier...

...Well now they're EXCITED about it. And it's about as painful and gruesome as you would imagine. Weighted pushups, hanging crunches with a fire to keep you moving, and basic movement drills ad infinitum. Akisame, Kensei, and Appachai seem to be the most excited about it, though Appachai is told repeatedly that since he CAN'T hold back he'd likely squish the both of you.

Anything you want to do or add?

And I'd like to start manufacturing evidence that if used will make Nijima the most hated person in school bar none. Just in case I need to destroy him utterly.

Well first you'd have to gather info on Nijima himself, he's an...odd character, his folks own a sci-fi theme restaurant, he's an obvious genious particularly in tech and information gathering though he's got worse grades than a dispirited Kenichi, he's not all that strong or physically capable but if he has to run away the guy could outrun Olympic sprinters if he had to.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Brian Boru wrote:That seems to calm mom down who in turn calms pops down with a hand on his shoulder and a smile. Sebastian doesn't have to go for a short walk tonight. Razz

... I notice you didn't mention Honoka.

If it'll calm her down, I'll ask her if she wants to come with us tomorrow and see for herself that the masters at the dojo aren't bad people, peculiar though they may be.

He's overjoyed and tells you that the next release he 'finds' will come about three days sooner than expected.

I let him know we'll talk once we're somewhere where we won't be overheard or potentially recorded.

Whelp you proceed to do yet more strength and physical fitness training which is almost as brutal and you swear you head hammers while you're doing pushups with a 20lb weight on your back.

Unless you want to say or do anything specific today it goes without incident though Kenichi is howling every so often.

"GRIT THOSE TEETH, Ken!"

A little humor helps deal with the situation ... so I hope ... no, no it doesn't ... ow, my everything.

I keep attention on proper breathing pace during the training. If Ken and I have any energy at all, I'll suggest that we wind down with the kind of practice we did to prepare for the -monji duo. Given that we've now experienced the tender instruction of kind and gentle master Kotetsuji (*koff* horrible horrible sadist *koff*) that training routine should be a soothing light breeze.

And if we're too broken down to manage it, we do it in the morning, before school. Should help with muscle pains.

The NEXT day though, you and Kenichi enter school and who should you be all but by but Nijima, who seems to be in a happy mood about something.

I give him a beatific smile in response, which momentarily freezes and goes away as if it had never been there, replaced by a flat deadpan expression.

"I know that look, Haruo. It's the look that says 'oh, I need to tell Katsu what I just did in detail or he'll enact Mutually Assured Destruction Option 1 and inform the girls' volleyball team about the origin point of certain picture sets'."

While I'm mostly guessing about the pictures, they were a thing and I'm reasonably certain I can by now recognize a Niijima-shot photograph with a certainty approaching unity.

Smile again.

"Also, good morning, dear friend and compatriot."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:29 am

Name: Shirahama Kanata

Brian Boru wrote:As implied by the title thread you are the twin brother of one Kenichi Shirahama protagonist of Kenichi the Mightiest disciple, or will be as at the moment, he's recently signed up to join the Karate Club at the school.
Identical or fraternal twins?
Background:
Could I get a mix of B and C? Basically, Kenichi and I don't have much to do with each other due to differing personalities and interests (I didn't try to join the karate-club, for example), but pull through for each other whenever it really counts.
Also, I figure I have a preference for using weapons or tools whenever possible, such as throwing bottles or cans at bullies, or grabbing a stick to hit them with. Helps so the beatdowns aren't completely one-sided, and occasionally even won, or avoided entirely; some unarmed kid is a perfect target for bullies. A kid with a crowbar? Less so.

You start your day running like the hounds of hell are on your heels, you both overslept and now you're gonna be late for school, as you run you see a flash of blonde hair before an arm enters you're vision for a split second and the both of you get flipped ass over tea kettle.

In your daze you hear, "AH! SORRY my body reacted on its own!" from what sounds like a girl around your age.
"...what just happened?" I asked in a slight daze. Slowly replaying the situation in my mind, I can't help frowning. "What did we do that you just had to throw us down?!"
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 am

Rieverre wrote:... I notice you didn't mention Honoka.

Yeah she's still a little...twitchy...

If it'll calm her down, I'll ask her if she wants to come with us tomorrow and see for herself that the masters at the dojo aren't bad people, peculiar though they may be.

She takes the offer and runs off to prepare, dear lord what zanyness is she going to be up to.

I let him know we'll talk once we're somewhere where we won't be overheard or potentially recorded.

"Oh but of course"

"GRIT THOSE TEETH, Ken!"

A little humor helps deal with the situation ... so I hope ... no, no it doesn't ... ow, my everything.

I keep attention on proper breathing pace during the training. If Ken and I have any energy at all, I'll suggest that we wind down with the kind of practice we did to prepare for the -monji duo. Given that we've now experienced the tender instruction of kind and gentle master Kotetsuji (*koff* horrible horrible sadist *koff*) that training routine should be a soothing light breeze.

And if we're too broken down to manage it, we do it in the morning, before school. Should help with muscle pains.

Too broken for the time being, though the light warm up does wonders though starting off aches like mad.

I give him a beatific smile in response, which momentarily freezes and goes away as if it had never been there, replaced by a flat deadpan expression.

"I know that look, Haruo. It's the look that says 'oh, I need to tell Katsu what I just did in detail or he'll enact Mutually Assured Destruction Option 1 and inform the girls' volleyball team about the origin point of certain picture sets'."

While I'm mostly guessing about the pictures, they were a thing and I'm reasonably certain I can by now recognize a Niijima-shot photograph with a certainty approaching unity.

Smile again.

"Also, good morning, dear friend and compatriot."

His smile slides off while Miu and Kenichi seem mortified at the implications. "Alright, just thought I wanted to warn you two that Tsukuba (Not Chukuba) is planning on waiting for you at the school gate after class and he might even search your classroom later on if he doesn't find you immediately". Kenichi pales a bit, and it's daunting even to you, Tsukuba could wipe the floor with you right now, you're going to have to avoid him until you're sure that you can take him on.

Kelenas wrote:Name: Shirahama Kanata

Bit late to the party but welcome aboard. Very Happy

Brian Boru wrote:Identical or fraternal twins?

Identical.

Could I get a mix of B and C? Basically, Kenichi and I don't have much to do with each other due to differing personalities and interests (I didn't try to join the karate-club, for example), but pull through for each other whenever it really counts.
Also, I figure I have a preference for using weapons or tools whenever possible, such as throwing bottles or cans at bullies, or grabbing a stick to hit them with. Helps so the beatdowns aren't completely one-sided, and occasionally even won, or avoided entirely; some unarmed kid is a perfect target for bullies. A kid with a crowbar? Less so.

Your brother understands that the two of you aren't the closest but it's given him strength in life that he knows you've got his back when the shit hits the fan. He's not bullied as badly as he would have been otherwise what with most local toughs not willing to face a bat to the face. Though lately the number of bullies on the two of you are much less frequent, though you've been hearing of nasty rumors about large-scale gang battles with nearly all of them armed about as well as you on your best days.

"...what just happened?" I asked in a slight daze. Slowly replaying the situation in my mind, I can't help frowning. "What did we do that you just had to throw us down?!"

"Nothing, I'm so sorry about that, that's just a reflex of mine if someone comes up behind me. But isn't that what you're supposed to do?" The owner of that surprisingly attractive sounding voice is an equally attractive blonde with her hair in a long braid all the wall down her back, she also wears a pair of glasses and her very well developed form is in a school uniform that you're pretty sure is from you're school.

Before you respond though, Kenichi suddenly yelps about his books and starts to scramble to pick up the half dozen self-help books that he's always carrying around.

OOC: Could you put the first name of your characters in the post titles from now on? I can't ever remember the damn things. Razz
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:26 am

Katsu
Brian Boru wrote:She takes the offer and runs off to prepare, dear lord what zanyness is she going to be up to.

She did get something of dad's impulsiveness.

His smile slides off while Miu and Kenichi seem mortified at the implications. "Alright, just thought I wanted to warn you two that Tsukuba (Not Chukuba) is planning on waiting for you at the school gate after class and he might even search your classroom later on if he doesn't find you immediately". Kenichi pales a bit, and it's daunting even to you, Tsukuba could wipe the floor with you right now, you're going to have to avoid him until you're sure that you can take him on.

"That's surprisingly altruistic of you. Don't worry, I'll let you know when the betting will be interesting. Some shots of him actually fighting would probably help there."

I get the feeling that it's not nearly everything he did, and I've known him long enough to realize he's very much going to fuel the fires if he ends up having some way to benefit. And he usually has _some_ way of benefiting, no matter the situation.

Still, I suppose this means we need some place to eat lunch that isn't our classroom (there are probably a few club-rooms that go unused, so that's not a major issue), and will have to rely on sneaky feet, ninja feet for now. Ah. Not-so-sweet nostalgia.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:...Well now they're EXCITED about it. And it's about as painful and gruesome as you would imagine. Weighted pushups, hanging crunches with a fire to keep you moving, and basic movement drills ad infinitum. Akisame, Kensei, and Appachai seem to be the most excited about it, though Appachai is told repeatedly that since he CAN'T hold back he'd likely squish the both of you.

It was to be expected.

Though I have no problem with doing casual physical training with Appachai... stuff that doesn't involve the old kicky punchy.

Anything you want to do or add?

Not really...

Well first you'd have to gather info on Nijima himself, he's an...odd character, his folks own a sci-fi theme restaurant, he's an obvious genious particularly in tech and information gathering though he's got worse grades than a dispirited Kenichi, he's not all that strong or physically capable but if he has to run away the guy could outrun Olympic sprinters if he had to.

Consider it a project...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Bit late to the party but welcome aboard. Very Happy
Thanks! Wink
Wanted to join a few days ago, but was busy.

Your brother understands that the two of you aren't the closest but it's given him strength in life that he knows you've got his back when the shit hits the fan. He's not bullied as badly as he would have been otherwise what with most local toughs not willing to face a bat to the face. Though lately the number of bullies on the two of you are much less frequent, though you've been hearing of nasty rumors about large-scale gang battles with nearly all of them armed about as well as you on your best days.
Kanata:
Yeah, I'd alright heard about the gangs. On one hand, less attempts at bullying were great. On the other, it also made me kinda jumpy, because it meant that if something actually happened, it would involve numbers we'd be pretty much powerless against. It's one of the reasons I'd picked up jogging lately; if you couldn't win, a tactical retreat (aka 'Running Away') was often the best option, but that didn't work if I'd collapse after just a hundred meters. Too bad I couldn't convince Kenichi to do the same, but he said he'd be too busy with the Karate-club.

"Nothing, I'm so sorry about that, that's just a reflex of mine if someone comes up behind me. But isn't that what you're supposed to do?" The owner of that surprisingly attractive sounding voice is an equally attractive blonde with her hair in a long braid all the wall down her back, she also wears a pair of glasses and her very well developed form is in a school uniform that you're pretty sure is from you're school.

Before you respond though, Kenichi suddenly yelps about his books and starts to scramble to pick up the half dozen self-help books that he's always carrying around.
"Yeah, no," I answered sarcastically while quickly checking if my things were still alright. Mobile didn't look cracked, and the knife was still in my pocked - didn't like using it, but there wasn't always a convenient bat or pipe nearby for me to grab when bullies appeared. "Reflex is something like pulling your hand away from a flame or the like. Not complex maneuvers like grabbing people and throwing them down."

Crouching down, I told her, "If you're actually sorry, you could help us pick up my brother's books."

Normally I might have been nicer and paid more attention to her looks - seriously, she was hot; those breasts of her were huge! - but she had just thrown me around, and on top of that I'd stayed up late last night (again), so I was rather grouchy at the moment.
Eh, Kenichi will handle that, no doubt. He's usually nice enough for the both of us.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Rieverre wrote:She did get something of dad's impulsiveness.

Hahaha

"That's surprisingly altruistic of you. Don't worry, I'll let you know when the betting will be interesting. Some shots of him actually fighting would probably help there."

"Well what can I say, the two of you impressed me. I'd hate to have the two of you get crushed so quick."

I get the feeling that it's not nearly everything he did, and I've known him long enough to realize he's very much going to fuel the fires if he ends up having some way to benefit. And he usually has _some_ way of benefiting, no matter the situation.

Ha

Still, I suppose this means we need some place to eat lunch that isn't our classroom (there are probably a few club-rooms that go unused, so that's not a major issue), and will have to rely on sneaky feet, ninja feet for now. Ah. Not-so-sweet nostalgia.

For the next several weeks you've learned just every hiding place and alternate route through the school, the only other alternatives are to mimic Altair's bloodline and learn EXTREME parkour and follow Miu when she REALLY want to get a move on. While you've gotten better at following her the two of you are still not ANYWHERE good enough to do that though even Kenichi, who's not ever really keen on that sort of thing is starting to see the virtues in being able to pull stunts like that off.

Each day after school and most of the weekends you train your asses off the two of you, but after two weeks a slight hickup happens when Honoka shows up ready for almost anything, or so she thinks.

Psyckosama wrote:It was to be expected.

Though I have no problem with doing casual physical training with Appachai... stuff that doesn't involve the old kicky punchy.

Well the first time you spar with him, he offers to simply have you hit some hand pads, but unfortunately you are suddenly given DODGE lessons and you black out almost instantly.

Not really...

Well about two weeks of this your fullday Sunday routine is interrupted by Honoka showing up concerned about her big brothers always coming home beaten to a seeming pulp, and Kenichi having nervous breakdowns every time he realizes he's home.

Consider it a project...

Long project then...

Kelenas wrote:Thanks! Wink
Wanted to join a few days ago, but was busy.

Better late than never I guess.

[quote]Kanata:
Yeah, I'd alright heard about the gangs. On one hand, less attempts at bullying were great. On the other, it also made me kinda jumpy, because it meant that if something actually happened, it would involve numbers we'd be pretty much powerless against. It's one of the reasons I'd picked up jogging lately; if you couldn't win, a tactical retreat (aka 'Running Away') was often the best option, but that didn't work if I'd collapse after just a hundred meters. Too bad I couldn't convince Kenichi to do the same, but he said he'd be too busy with the Karate-club. [quote]

Well you've got some pretty good cardio and stamina, while your brother is...bruised and has a somewhat higher pain threshold?

"Yeah, no," I answered sarcastically while quickly checking if my things were still alright. Mobile didn't look cracked, and the knife was still in my pocked - didn't like using it, but there wasn't always a convenient bat or pipe nearby for me to grab when bullies appeared. "Reflex is something like pulling your hand away from a flame or the like. Not complex maneuvers like grabbing people and throwing them down."

Crouching down, I told her, "If you're actually sorry, you could help us pick up my brother's books."

She blushes in embaressment and quickly starts helping him clean them up while you check yourself for any bruises on yourself.

Kenichi stops and stares for a moment, he apparently saw how pretty she was but after a look at his watch he realizes that the both of you are going to be late, he says thank-you, good-bye, and bolts off yelling, "Come On Bro!"

Normally I might have been nicer and paid more attention to her looks - seriously, she was hot; those breasts of her were huge! - but she had just thrown me around, and on top of that I'd stayed up late last night (again), so I was rather grouchy at the moment.
Eh, Kenichi will handle that, no doubt. He's usually nice enough for the both of us.

Well he kinda left you in the lurch this time, so you run after him or just say screw it and walk with the new girl?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well the first time you spar with him, he offers to simply have you hit some hand pads, but unfortunately you are suddenly given DODGE lessons and you black out almost instantly.

I said stuff that doesn't involve the old kicky punchy.

Appachai with anything more involved than holding the heavy bag is a very bad idea.

Well about two weeks of this your fullday Sunday routine is interrupted by Honoka showing up concerned about her big brothers always coming home beaten to a seeming pulp, and Kenichi having nervous breakdowns every time he realizes he's home.

"We're learning martial arts... and dad, don't you date do anything idiotic."

I smile at Honoka. "You could come over to check it out, maybe even get a little training yourself... after all, you're growing into a beautiful young woman..." my voice drops, "Which means perverts. And their hands.... Which will try and touch you..." My eyes start to glow "And then their hands will have to removed... from their bodies..."

Long project then...

I want to be able to fuck him over royally by the fight.

I'm also going to, after the fight, make it clear that if his vulcan ass does anything stupid like spread rumors about us then the integrity of his kneecaps as well as his ability to eat solid food will both be seriously imperiled...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Well what can I say, the two of you impressed me. I'd hate to have the two of you get crushed so quick."

"Yeah, well, it'll happen, probably sooner than later, but Haruo ... the trick isn't putting us down. Many've tried and managed. The trick is _keeping_ us down."

For the next several weeks you've learned just every hiding place and alternate route through the school, the only other alternatives are to mimic Altair's bloodline and learn EXTREME parkour and follow Miu when she REALLY want to get a move on. While you've gotten better at following her the two of you are still not ANYWHERE good enough to do that though even Kenichi, who's not ever really keen on that sort of thing is starting to see the virtues in being able to pull stunts like that off.

Still, I insist in trying to follow her, even if I don't try to follow her exact routes in taking her shortcuts. It's not speed I'm looking for here. Well, it is, but that's mostly a side-effect. I apply the same methodology to this that I do to my other training. Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Learn how to do something as close to naturally and efortlessly as you can, and speed will happen on its own.

Well, that and the fact that trying to hurry this up will probably result in me breaking my neck. Potato, po-tah-to.

And if and when Ken and I aren't entirely knackered from training, I insist we keep up our self-training drills in what little we've been taught/figured out of technique so far.

Each day after school and most of the weekends you train your asses off the two of you, but after two weeks a slight hickup happens when Honoka shows up ready for almost anything, or so she thinks.

I meet her at the gate.

"It's dangerous to come here alone," I say, solemnly. Then pluck Snowy from my shoulder. "Take this."

Fur therapy will hopefully keep lil' sis from freaking out too badly.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Better late than never I guess.
[snob-modus]Have you never heard of the term "Fashionably Late", you filthy commoner?[/snob-modus] Razz

Well you've got some pretty good cardio and stamina, while your brother is...bruised and has a somewhat higher pain threshold?
Kanata:
Well, if he thinks it'll help him? At least he seems to stick with it so far, and if it helps him build his self-confidence, all the better. Maybe ask how it's going, later.
She blushes in embaressment and quickly starts helping him clean them up while you check yourself for any bruises on yourself.

Kenichi stops and stares for a moment, he apparently saw how pretty she was but after a look at his watch he realizes that the both of you are going to be late, he says thank-you, good-bye, and bolts off yelling, "Come On Bro!"

Well he kinda left you in the lurch this time, so you run after him or just say screw it and walk with the new girl?
"Damn," I exclaim when Kenichi reminds me of the reason why we'd been running in the first place. Being flipped over had been distracting, admittedly, but I still shouldn't have just forgotten that this quickly. Guess I really should stop going to bed so late.

"Wait for me!" I shout as I run after him.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:I said stuff that doesn't involve the old kicky punchy.

Appachai with anything more involved than holding the heavy bag is a very bad idea.

Heh...what can I say, the guy gets...excited.

"We're learning martial arts... and dad, don't you date do anything idiotic."

He doesn't but he's constantly glancing at Sebastian's resting place.

I smile at Honoka. "You could come over to check it out, maybe even get a little training yourself... after all, you're growing into a beautiful young woman..." my voice drops, "Which means perverts. And their hands.... Which will try and touch you..." My eyes start to glow "And then their hands will have to removed... from their bodies..."

"Onii-chan...you're scaring me..."

I want to be able to fuck him over royally by the fight.

I'm also going to, after the fight, make it clear that if his vulcan ass does anything stupid like spread rumors about us then the integrity of his kneecaps as well as his ability to eat solid food will both be seriously imperiled...

Well he DOES make a bunch of back ups of stuff when he does his info gathering so you're going to have to be thorough when you start...

Rieverre wrote:"Yeah, well, it'll happen, probably sooner than later, but Haruo ... the trick isn't putting us down. Many've tried and managed. The trick is _keeping_ us down."

He laughs and heads on his way.

Still, I insist in trying to follow her, even if I don't try to follow her exact routes in taking her shortcuts. It's not speed I'm looking for here. Well, it is, but that's mostly a side-effect. I apply the same methodology to this that I do to my other training. Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Learn how to do something as close to naturally and effortlessly as you can, and speed will happen on its own.

Well, that and the fact that trying to hurry this up will probably result in me breaking my neck. Potato, po-tah-to.

Well if you ain't Altair and Ezio, trying to follow her, the two of you have become at least skilled mountain climbers.

And if and when Ken and I aren't entirely knackered from training, I insist we keep up our self-training drills in what little we've been taught/figured out of technique so far.

Well the few times that you ain't dead on your feet you mostly do walkthroughs of the couple of moves that you've been taught.

I meet her at the gate.

"It's dangerous to come here alone," I say, solemnly. Then pluck Snowy from my shoulder. "Take this."

Fur therapy will hopefully keep lil' sis from freaking out too badly.

Snowy seems to mollify her a bit but she promptly goes into a tizzy when she meets Miu. Miu finds her adorable while Honoka thinks that she's seducing the two of you and now images of the two of you beating the crap out of each other while Miu watches on high like some decadent Roman lady watching gladiators fighting to the death flash through her head.

Kelenas wrote:[snob-modus]Have you never heard of the term "Fashionably Late", you filthy commoner?[/snob-modus] Razz

Oh I have but I didn't think it applied here. Razz

Kanata:
Well, if he thinks it'll help him? At least he seems to stick with it so far, and if it helps him build his self-confidence, all the better. Maybe ask how it's going, later.

Well he's getting 'how to take a hit' training in spades.

"Damn," I exclaim when Kenichi reminds me of the reason why we'd been running in the first place. Being flipped over had been distracting, admittedly, but I still shouldn't have just forgotten that this quickly. Guess I really should stop going to bed so late.

"Wait for me!" I shout as I run after him.

Well you get there late the both of you and are promptly made to wait outside. To your surprise though, the girl you met earlier is sitting in the classroom, apparently beating you to class and getting there on time.

You hear her introduce herself as Miu Fuurinji, she says that she just transferred from the best school in town, and you wonder why she transferred here.

After clubs, you notice that Kenichi has gotten the crud beaten out of him, and he's got a concerned look on his face.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:21 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh...what can I say, the guy gets...excited.

Which is why I rig up up a training regime that involves rigging his normal training dummies with baby dolls rigged with packets of stage blood and tell him that the vile men have kidnapped children to sell into slavery and must be stopped... but if the doll breaks... YOU JUST KILLED THE BABY!

Now STOP THEM!

Please note, considering his origin, it would probably make him furious at the idea of kids being kidnapped... it would probably invoke REAL ANGER in him making it hard for him to hold back.

PROTECT THE CHILDREN APPACHAI!

I do make sure to comfort him after each go, remind him its not real, and tell him he's training so if, when he sees this for real... he'll be able to show his true heroic nature. He's a good man and my valued friend.

HWUGS!

He doesn't but he's constantly glancing at Sebastian's resting place.

"If Sabastian is needed, I'll give the two of you a call. Until then, believe in me who believes in you!"

"Onii-chan...you're scaring me..."

"Men are perverts," I say calmly, "Being a man I am very aware of this, and some do not honor the delicate flower of womanhood and would pluck it without thought, doing harm for the sake of their own selfish desires..." my eyes narrow. "You do know why there are woman only cars on the train... and you're coming of the age were the most foul of perverts will attempt to... let their hands wander. I believe you need to know how to... punish such transgression... plus a more muscular chest wall will naturally thrust our your boobs, making them look larger and perkier..."

I pause. "Yes, I do see how much milk you drink, little sister, and I know its not for strong teeth and bones."

If I get her to agree I want her to effectively train under Mui for a while as an unofficial student.

MAYBE ask Shigure if she's willing to do a little low level training. She's not ready for the other masters.

In general though, I intend to point to them and send the message "And that's what martial arts can do for your body!"

Appeal to her vanity when it comes to learning to kick ass!

Well he DOES make a bunch of back ups of stuff when he does his info gathering so you're going to have to be thorough when you start...

I want to make my own backups of his backups and steal them.

I will allow him to operate but I will not tolerate a threat. I'm the alpha spy here...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:32 am

Katsu

Brian Boru wrote:Well if you ain't Altair and Ezio, trying to follow her, the two of you have become at least skilled mountain climbers.

I don't know about Ken, but I intend to make it my primary method of transit at some point. To that end, my evening reading list now includes articles about parkour, discussing movement techniques particularly. It should make for good reference material, and further, it's good whole-body practice.

Well the few times that you ain't dead on your feet you mostly do walkthroughs of the couple of moves that you've been taught.

Good. That's important.

I also start practicing - mostly on my own, as I don't want to slip up and hurt Ken by accident - something I'd been considering for the -monji fight but turned down because I didn't yet have the kind of physical conditioning to pull it off right. The stepping technique's spin is nearly ideal for setting up an elbow strike if you take it just a little further.

Snowy seems to mollify her a bit but she promptly goes into a tizzy when she meets Miu. Miu finds her adorable while Honoka thinks that she's seducing the two of you and now images of the two of you beating the crap out of each other while Miu watches on high like some decadent Roman lady watching gladiators fighting to the death flash through her head.

I pat Honoka's head and tell her that while I suspect Ken is more than a bit smitten by Duchess, I'm here for Kosaka-sensei myself.

"It's sad, imouto. Your brothers are shallow like that."

Then I tell her to grab hold of my wrist and lift her up from the ground like that, holding the arm up without much effort at all.

"Also, we can now do this, which you have to admit is kind of awesome."

Speaking of which, I'm a little suspicious ... I'd been noticing this for a while now, especially while trying to follow Miu taking her shortcuts, but there's no way we should be this far along where conditioning is concerned. We should be masses of bruises barely able to move.

In the evening I corner Akisame-sensei and ask him specifically about this rate of advancement.

Last edited by Rieverre on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well he's getting 'how to take a hit' training in spades.
Kanata:
Now, if he could dish out as much pain as he can take, I'd be impressed.

Well you get there late the both of you and are promptly made to wait outside. To your surprise though, the girl you met earlier is sitting in the classroom, apparently beating you to class and getting there on time.

You hear her introduce herself as Miu Fuurinji, she says that she just transferred from the best school in town, and you wonder why she transferred here.

After clubs, you notice that Kenichi has gotten the crud beaten out of him, and he's got a concerned look on his face.
Okay, now I'm kinda curious how she managed that. It can't have been her just running faster than us, or we would've seen her, so she probably has some kind of shortcut or the like she used. Oh, well, Kenichi's higher priority.

"So, what happened?" I ask him bluntly.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:44 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Which is why I rig up up a training regime that involves rigging his normal training dummies with baby dolls rigged with packets of stage blood and tell him that the vile men have kidnapped children to sell into slavery and must be stopped... but if the doll breaks... YOU JUST KILLED THE BABY!

Now STOP THEM!

Please note, considering his origin, it would probably make him furious at the idea of kids being kidnapped... it would probably invoke REAL ANGER in him making it hard for him to hold back.

PROTECT THE CHILDREN APPACHAI!

I do make sure to comfort him after each go, remind him its not real, and tell him he's training so if, when he sees this for real... he'll be able to show his true heroic nature. He's a good man and my valued friend.

HWUGS!

To everyone's surprise and to some's mild consternation about the methods, it works...after about five...accidents and freakouts, he's managed NOT to goosh the baby.

His hug of joy nearly cracks your ribs though Akisame and Kensei are quick to get you back on your feet.

"If Sabastian is needed, I'll give the two of you a call. Until then, believe in me who believes in you!"

"VERY WELL MY COURAGEOUS SON!"

Mom, Honoka, and Kenichi are staring in consternation at your antics.

"Men are perverts," I say calmly, "Being a man I am very aware of this, and some do not honor the delicate flower of womanhood and would pluck it without thought, doing harm for the sake of their own selfish desires..." my eyes narrow. "You do know why there are woman only cars on the train... and you're coming of the age were the most foul of perverts will attempt to... let their hands wander. I believe you need to know how to... punish such transgression... plus a more muscular chest wall will naturally thrust our your boobs, making them look larger and perkier..."

"...well when you put it that way..."

I pause. "Yes, I do see how much milk you drink, little sister, and I know its not for strong teeth and bones."

"HEY!"

If I get her to agree I want her to effectively train under Mui for a while as an unofficial student.

MAYBE ask Shigure if she's willing to do a little low level training. She's not ready for the other masters.

In general though, I intend to point to them and send the message "And that's what martial arts can do for your body!"

Appeal to her vanity when it comes to learning to kick ass!

That does the trick, and she agrees to at least visit the place, to see it for herself.

I want to make my own backups of his backups and steal them.

I will allow him to operate but I will not tolerate a threat. I'm the alpha spy here...

Heh, will be a glorious battle.

Well after three weeks of physical training, it seems that Akisame and the others have decided that it's high time for you to start learning techniques.

Sakaki, amazingly is the one to volunteer to start teaching you first and while you work with him, you find you surprise that the guy can be a big softy, once you get to know him, and you aren't trying to fight bio-chemical warfare against him.

Rieverre wrote:I don't know about Ken, but I intend to make it my primary method of transit at some point. To that end, my evening reading list now includes articles about parkour, discussing movement techniques particularly. It should make for good reference material, and further, it's good whole-body practice.

It helps a bit and your escapes get quicker and quicker as the days go on.

Good. That's important.

I also start practicing - mostly on my own, as I don't want to slip up and hurt Ken by accident - something I'd been considering for the -monji fight but turned down because I didn't yet have the kind of physical conditioning to pull it off right. The stepping technique's spin is nearly ideal for setting up an elbow strike if you take it just a little further.

Once Kenichi sees what you're doing, he starts to do extra practice as well, he ain't gonna fall behind his brother again.

I pat Honoka's head and tell her that while I suspect Ken is more than a bit smitten by Duchess, I'm here for Kosaka-sensei myself.

"It's sad, imouto. Your brothers are shallow like that."

She's still convinced that you're only getting the crud beaten out of you.

Then I tell her to grab hold of my wrist and lift her up from the ground like that, holding the arm up without much effort at all.

"Also, we can now do this, which you have to admit is kind of awesome."

And promptly forgets her complaints for a little while as she's having too much fun...

Speaking of which, I'm a little suspicious ... I'd been noticing this for a while now, especially while trying to follow Miu taking her shortcuts, but there's no way we should be this far along where conditioning is concerned. We should be masses of bruises barely able to move.

In the evening I corner Akisame-sensei and ask him specifically about this rate of advancement.

Well your answer is that basically, they're just that damn good at training the two of you, that and they can put you back together really well. He mentions that if one were trained hard enough ANYONE could reach these levels, BUT it takes an utterly INSANE level of work and dedication for those who don't have an innate talent for the arts, which the both of you have been told you don't have. Though he does concede that the two of you are stupendously ....tough for your age and ability, you can take a relatively incredible amount of punishment and keep going. Of course THAT will not matter a whit if you don't train constantly as there are plenty out there who could STILL crush you like a bug.

Kelenas wrote:Kanata:
Now, if he could dish out as much pain as he can take, I'd be impressed.

Maybe some day.

Okay, now I'm kinda curious how she managed that. It can't have been her just running faster than us, or we would've seen her, so she probably has some kind of shortcut or the like she used. Oh, well, Kenichi's higher priority.

"So, what happened?" I ask him bluntly.

Kenichi sees you and rushes over to you in a blind panic, he grabs your shoulder and in a deluge of panicked babbling, tells you that Daimonji, a massive freshmen who looks like some 80s action film character, basically forced him to agree to a match with him, the loser having to quit the club. He's got a week to try and beat that giant monster, HE DOESN'T HAVE A PRAYER!!!!

Miu just so happens to walk over ask say hello, you might have to answer as Kenichi seems to be about ready to have a nervous breakdown.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:08 am

Kanata

Brian Boru wrote:Maybe some day.
And on that day I'll be glad to let *him* do the work of beating up bullies (and getting plenty of bruises and cuts in the process) for a change!

Kenichi sees you and rushes over to you in a blind panic, he grabs your shoulder and in a deluge of panicked babbling, tells you that Daimonji, a massive freshmen who looks like some 80s action film character, basically forced him to agree to a match with him, the loser having to quit the club. He's got a week to try and beat that giant monster, HE DOESN'T HAVE A PRAYER!!!!

Miu just so happens to walk over ask say hello, you might have to answer as Kenichi seems to be about ready to have a nervous breakdown.
Ah, now Kenichi coming back bruised from club more often than not made a lot more sense. Less training, more bullying-pretending-to-be-training. Don't most clubhouses and other schoolfacilities have fire extinguishers? I wonder how this 'Daimonji' guy would like me to introduce his face to the fire extinguisher in a more intimate manner?

More importantly though, at least for the moment; help out my brother. A few more questions on my part later I think I got a fairly good picture of his situation in the karate club, and it certainly isn't pretty. Of course, it has a fairly simple solution, but I'm not sure Kenichi's gonna like it. Actually, I'm kind of expecting him to dislike it;
"Why don't you just quit? Not karate entirely, but the club for it here at school; it certainly doesn't look like you're getting any real training there. Instead, you could see about joining a proper dojo here in town. It'd probably be difficult to convince mom and dad, but at least you'd get something actually worthwhile out of it. And if you're concerned about looking like a coward" - which would be idiotic in my opinion, since Kenichi's fear sounded very much justified, but human minds don't always work that way, unfortunately - "you could always make a brief stop at the karate-club in a week, after you've gotten some training."

By then, Miu approaches, which is actually quite convenient.
"Ah, hello, Fuurinji-san," I greet her neutrally. I might not have been thrilled at what she did, but on the other hand she seemed genuinely sorry, and I hadn't exactly been the picture of politeness myself. "Say, would you know of any good martial arts dojos in town? Or perhaps someone who might know?"
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 am

Katsu

Brian Boru wrote:It helps a bit and your escapes get quicker and quicker as the days go on.

Good, good ... one day. One day.

Roofhopping shall be attained.

Once Kenichi sees what you're doing, he starts to do extra practice as well, he ain't gonna fall behind his brother again.

Hmm ... well, since I do have some invaluable resources on hand ... I'll go ask Sakaki and/or Appachai how to throw a proper elbow strike.

And promptly forgets her complaints for a little while as she's having too much fun...

I pick her up by the waist, hold her over my head and run around making airplane noises.

Well your answer is that basically, they're just that damn good at training the two of you, that and they can put you back together really well. He mentions that if one were trained hard enough ANYONE could reach these levels, BUT it takes an utterly INSANE level of work and dedication for those who don't have an innate talent for the arts, which the both of you have been told you don't have. Though he does concede that the two of you are stupendously ....tough for your age and ability, you can take a relatively incredible amount of punishment and keep going. Of course THAT will not matter a whit if you don't train constantly as there are plenty out there who could STILL crush you like a bug

I'm not sure, but I get the feeling that a)the masters' definition of 'anyone' is not quite the same as mine and b)they're just a little bit disconnected from reality.

Hmm ... while I'm talking to him, I'll ask Akisame-sensei if he has any scrolls or books on meditation or things like breathing techniques Ken and I could read up on.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Kelenas wrote:And on that day I'll be glad to let *him* do the work of beating up bullies (and getting plenty of bruises and cuts in the process) for a change!

Heh

Ah, now Kenichi coming back bruised from club more often than not made a lot more sense. Less training, more bullying-pretending-to-be-training. Don't most clubhouses and other schoolfacilities have fire extinguishers? I wonder how this 'Daimonji' guy would like me to introduce his face to the fire extinguisher in a more intimate manner?

It might just bounce off that behemoth's face.

More importantly though, at least for the moment; help out my brother. A few more questions on my part later I think I got a fairly good picture of his situation in the karate club, and it certainly isn't pretty. Of course, it has a fairly simple solution, but I'm not sure Kenichi's gonna like it. Actually, I'm kind of expecting him to dislike it;
"Why don't you just quit? Not karate entirely, but the club for it here at school; it certainly doesn't look like you're getting any real training there. Instead, you could see about joining a proper dojo here in town. It'd probably be difficult to convince mom and dad, but at least you'd get something actually worthwhile out of it. And if you're concerned about looking like a coward" - which would be idiotic in my opinion, since Kenichi's fear sounded very much justified, but human minds don't always work that way, unfortunately - "you could always make a brief stop at the karate-club in a week, after you've gotten some training."

He doesn't like it at all, he joined that club because he wanted to be able to stand on his own two feet...BUT HE'S GONNA DIE!

He does like the idea of finding a proper dojo elsewhere. Even if only a week isn't going to do anything in his eyes.

By then, Miu approaches, which is actually quite convenient.
"Ah, hello, Fuurinji-san," I greet her neutrally. I might not have been thrilled at what she did, but on the other hand she seemed genuinely sorry, and I hadn't exactly been the picture of politeness myself. "Say, would you know of any good martial arts dojos in town? Or perhaps someone who might know?"

Well, she might know a place, but it might be a little much for him to handle.

He still takes it, but when she gives you a map, neither of you can interpret the damn thing.

Rieverre wrote:Good, good ... one day. One day.

Roofhopping shall be attained.

Heh want to be a marvel hero?

Hmm ... well, since I do have some invaluable resources on hand ... I'll go ask Sakaki and/or Appachai how to throw a proper elbow strike.

Appachai is the one to look to for that. He's overjoyed that you're asking....

I pick her up by the waist, hold her over my head and run around making airplane noises.

She has fun...

I'm not sure, but I get the feeling that a)the masters' definition of 'anyone' is not quite the same as mine and b)they're just a little bit disconnected from reality.

Well "talent" it seems gives some people a huge leg up when they start, but it DOESN'T mean that there is a cap limit on how far ANYONE can go, it's just most people have the dedication to keep going like that.

Hmm ... while I'm talking to him, I'll ask Akisame-sensei if he has any scrolls or books on meditation or things like breathing techniques Ken and I could read up on.

Tons, he actually writes one down from memory.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Brian Boru wrote:It might just bounce off that behemoth's face.
Well, that might make things a bit more difficult. And I don't have the money to buy some pepper-spray either. Though depending on the type the extinguisher's content might make a decent substitute. Well, we'll see how things go with Kenichi.

He doesn't like it at all, he joined that club because he wanted to be able to stand on his own two feet...BUT HE'S GONNA DIE!

He does like the idea of finding a proper dojo elsewhere. Even if only a week isn't going to do anything in his eyes.
Well, if standing on his own two feet is the main point, then it shouldn't really matter whether he does so via the club or something else. It might not work out with the club, but as long as he keeps trying as a whole, it'd only be a temporary setback.

Well, she might know a place, but it might be a little much for him to handle.

He still takes it, but when she gives you a map, neither of you can interpret the damn thing.
Well.... damn. Okay, let's see if my glorious internet-fu can come to the rescue. First up, mobile; if she wrote or mentioned anything in regards to the dojo's name, and see if search-functions turn anything up. Or make a picture of the map, and ask if any of my acquaintances can decipher it.
If neither works... well, either ask Fuurinji-san whether she could perhaps *lead* us there, or try to use the map to get at least in the rough are and start asking around.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Katsu

Brian Boru wrote:Heh want to be a marvel hero?

More like one from a wuxia epic.

Appachai is the one to look to for that. He's overjoyed that you're asking....

I tell him what I was thinking about and demonstrate what I've patched together in the dojo, then ask for advice.

She has fun...

Hey, not every conversation or action has to lead to epic self-discovery and enlightenment of the masses. ^^

Well "talent" it seems gives some people a huge leg up when they start, but it DOESN'T mean that there is a cap limit on how far ANYONE can go, it's just most people have the dedication to keep going like that.

I quietly goggle at the fact that they consider going beyond the conventionally understood limits of the human body 'normal'.

Tons, he actually writes one down from memory.

Awesome. Time to see if there's place for Zen in my life.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Brian Boru wrote:To everyone's surprise and to some's mild consternation about the methods,

It's all about the Motivation!

By making this intensely personal, i've put the whole of his heart and soul behind it!

it works...after about five...accidents and freakouts, he's managed NOT to goosh the baby.

Good. Now do it 10 more times perfectly then I ramp up the difficulty! Smile

What? I'm not going to be any easier on you guys than you would be on me!

His hug of joy nearly cracks your ribs though Akisame and Kensei are quick to get you back on your feet.

Ugh...

"VERY WELL MY COURAGEOUS SON!"

Mom, Honoka, and Kenichi are staring in consternation at your antics.

What? :p

"...well when you put it that way..."

Your older brother is wise. Trust in his wisdom.

"HEY!"

*stake whisper* "Seriously though..." I gently grab her head and turn it to mother. "I don't think you need fret. Genetics is far more your ally in this than bovine lactation. It's the rest of us who need fret your future boyfriends..."

I smile at dad. "Or rather they'd need to fret over, Dad, Sebastian, and myself once my training is to a proper degree that I can kill a man with my bare hands...."

That does the trick, and she agrees to at least visit the place, to see it for herself.

Cool.

Heh, will be a glorious battle.

I want a curb stomp. Among other things I can physically threaten him if need be.

Well after three weeks of physical training, it seems that Akisame and the others have decided that it's high time for you to start learning techniques.

SWEET!

Sakaki, amazingly is the one to volunteer to start teaching you first and while you work with him, you find you surprise that the guy can be a big softy, once you get to know him, and you aren't trying to fight bio-chemical warfare against him.

Cool! I still make spicy foods but I take it he's grown resistant?

And is it time for our duel with the idiots yet?

I look forward to publicly humiliating this asshole while Ken deals with the Karate club.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 am

Kelenas wrote:Well, that might make things a bit more difficult. And I don't have the money to buy some pepper-spray either. Though depending on the type the extinguisher's content might make a decent substitute. Well, we'll see how things go with Kenichi.

Heh

Well, if standing on his own two feet is the main point, then it shouldn't really matter whether he does so via the club or something else. It might not work out with the club, but as long as he keeps trying as a whole, it'd only be a temporary setback.

...Well when you put it that way....

Well.... damn. Okay, let's see if my glorious internet-fu can come to the rescue. First up, mobile; if she wrote or mentioned anything in regards to the dojo's name, and see if search-functions turn anything up. Or make a picture of the map, and ask if any of my acquaintances can decipher it.
If neither works... well, either ask Fuurinji-san whether she could perhaps *lead* us there, or try to use the map to get at least in the rough are and start asking around.

Well when you get home, Kenichi manages to talk Honoka into translating the thing. Want to do anything before you head out, Kenichi ain't going out there alone.

Rieverre wrote:More like one from a wuxia epic.

That works to I guess.

I tell him what I was thinking about and demonstrate what I've patched together in the dojo, then ask for advice.

He agrees and watches you, then with an APPA! he goes on to show you some pointers on how to hit better with the elbow strikes.

Hey, not every conversation or action has to lead to epic self-discovery and enlightenment of the masses. ^^

Heh

I quietly goggle at the fact that they consider going beyond the conventionally understood limits of the human body 'normal'.

Well it's working for you and Kenny ain't it?

Awesome. Time to see if there's place for Zen in my life.

Well the meditation seems to calm yourself after a long day of training.

Psyckosama wrote:It's all about the Motivation!

By making this intensely personal, i've put the whole of his heart and soul behind it!

true

Good. Now do it 10 more times perfectly then I ramp up the difficulty! Smile

What? I'm not going to be any easier on you guys than you would be on me!

They seem a bit chagrined at that retort.

He does manage it.

Ugh...

Crunch!

What? :p

Heh

snerk

*stage whisper* "Seriously though..." I gently grab her head and turn it to mother. "I don't think you need fret. Genetics is far more your ally in this than bovine lactation. It's the rest of us who need fret your future boyfriends..."

I smile at dad. "Or rather they'd need to fret over, Dad, Sebastian, and myself once my training is to a proper degree that I can kill a man with my bare hands...."

That does seem to mollify her. And the gleams in you and pops eyes make the others facepalm.

Cool.

yup

I want a curb stomp. Among other things I can physically threaten him if need be.

If you can catch him.

SWEET!

yup

Cool! I still make spicy foods but I take it he's grown resistant?

Interestingly he can't build up a resistance, the heat never seems to abate for him or lesson, he's in agony every time but he's too bull stubborn to admit defeat.

And is it time for our duel with the idiots yet?

One week, the first move you finally learn is one called the Yamatzuki, which according to Sakaki, the Karate guys won't see it coming, since it's not something that used anymore.

I look forward to publicly humiliating this asshole while Ken deals with the Karate club.

Well Kensei and Appachai also show you and Kenny some moves themselves, Kensei's is one that allow you to grab the leg of an opponent when they try to kick along with getting your head under his ribcage.

Akisame also puts the both of you on statue flipping detail, which after a couple of days you realize are getting bigger and bigger, Kenichi seems a bit indignant though Akisame mentions that one should always keep moving forward with their training

Though he does pull this stunt off.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5ty-jmVuc-c/TlOhK3qIJwI/AAAAAAAAArY/n4JY3D3WXak/004.jpg?imgmax=2000
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-keapXmdOank/TlOhL2vgchI/AAAAAAAAArw/Es2_QLpnvqo/005.jpg?imgmax=2000

But the move IS a good one, besides the headspin...
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:...Well when you put it that way....
Trust your brother, Kenichi! Cool
Well when you get home, Kenichi manages to talk Honoka into translating the thing. Want to do anything before you head out, Kenichi ain't going out there alone.
Well, apparently my search-fu needs more work. Make sure to praise Honoka for her talent, and suggest that she might look into a career in cryptography when she gets older. If she can make sense of something like... that, then coded messages and missives should be a breeze. Promise that we'll bring her a treat when we get back, then move out to find the place.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:They seem a bit chagrined at that retort.

I'm right and they know it...

He does manage it.

Yeah!

So he safe to spar with yet?

And next we play catch. I throw him eggs and he catches them without breaking them! They will be mixed with red dyed eggs which are hard boiled and to be deflected using his mad kick boxing skills to force him to move between martial arts strikes and gentleness with a moment's thought!

snerk

That does seem to mollify her.

My message, genetics is with you. So trust in time and have as fit a body as possible to get the best of it.

I'd like to ask Miu to train her.

She's not ready to be a disciple, might never will be, but she could use some of the basics...

And the gleams in you and pops eyes make the others facepalm.

My job as elder brother. His job as father.

If you can catch him.

I ask the weapons mistress to help me master the bolo... Smile

Interestingly he can't build up a resistance, the heat never seems to abate for him or lesson, he's in agony every time but he's too bull stubborn to admit defeat.

Does he need a manly spicy food training regime?

If so I can come up with one...

One week, the first move you finally learn is one called the Yamatzuki, which according to Sakaki, the Karate guys won't see it coming, since it's not something that used anymore.

As this is not sports Karate, perfect.

Though I intent to badly injure him and let them know now.

The reason why is this...

I give them information on all the innocents he'd beaten over the years (research) including the middle school children he's brutalized.

Bones will be broken unless they tell me not to.

Well Kensei and Appachai also show you and Kenny some moves themselves, Kensei's is one that allow you to grab the leg of an opponent when they try to kick along with getting your head under his ribcage.

can Miu-chan help me practice? H_H

Akisame also puts the both of you on statue flipping detail, which after a couple of days you realize are getting bigger and bigger, Kenichi seems a bit indignant though Akisame mentions that one should always keep moving forward with their training

I mirror that. If something becomes easy, then you should move onto something hard, because if you only do what is easy you never challenge your limits!

Though he does pull this stunt off.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5ty-jmVuc-c/TlOhK3qIJwI/AAAAAAAAArY/n4JY3D3WXak/004.jpg?imgmax=2000
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-keapXmdOank/TlOhL2vgchI/AAAAAAAAArw/Es2_QLpnvqo/005.jpg?imgmax=2000

But the move IS a good one, besides the headspin...

Dirty old bastard... I gotta try that on some time... Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 am

[quote="Kelenas"]Trust your brother, Kenichi! Cool

Heh

Well, apparently my search-fu needs more work. Make sure to praise Honoka for her talent, and suggest that she might look into a career in cryptography when she gets older. If she can make sense of something like... that, then coded messages and missives should be a breeze. Promise that we'll bring her a treat when we get back, then move out to find the place.

She preens under the praise.

When you head out you follow the translated directions almost flawlessly to where you need to go.

Which happens to be a large wall with massive red gate over which is painted the name Ryozanpaku. Those doors don't move.

Psyckosama wrote:I'm right and they know it...

Heh

So he safe to spar with yet?

Safe...yes...painful....well....

And next we play catch. I throw him eggs and he catches them without breaking them! They will be mixed with red dyed eggs which are hard boiled and to be deflected using his mad kick boxing skills to force him to move between martial arts strikes and gentleness with a moment's thought!

He catches it quickly enough.

My message, genetics is with you. So trust in time and have as fit a body as possible to get the best of it.

HA

I'd like to ask Miu to train her.

She's not ready to be a disciple, might never will be, but she could use some of the basics...

Miu DOES like the idea of 'playing' with Honoka

My job as elder brother. His job as father.

Heh

I ask the weapons mistress to help me master the bolo... Smile

She seems almost happy to teach ya, though she still scares the crap out of you.

Does he need a manly spicy food training regime?

If so I can come up with one...

"NO NO! I'm Fine I'll just eat something else. No need to do something crazy kid."

As this is not sports Karate, perfect.

Heh

Though I intent to badly injure him and let them know now.

They don't like your intentions that much...

The reason why is this...

I give them information on all the innocents he'd beaten over the years (research) including the middle school children he's brutalized.

Bones will be broken unless they tell me not to.

...until they see the pictures, then they say just don't kill the dolt or permanently damage him.

can Miu-chan help me practice? H_H

Kenny actually glares at you for half a second.

I mirror that. If something becomes easy, then you should move onto something hard, because if you only do what is easy you never challenge your limits!

"See your brother gets the mentality, you should listen to him."

Dirty old bastard... I gotta try that on some time... Wink

Well is there anything specific you want to do before the fight? Otherwise I'll set it up next post.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:Safe...yes...painful....well....

He needs to work on his control a bit but that'll come with time.

So, what do they think of my tendency to come up with insane but effective training methods?

I have one in mind that could help with speed but I'm not ready for it yet.

Still, should anyone see a good sale on chestnuts let me know.

He catches it quickly enough.

And it should help him with his level of gentleness as well.

Miu DOES like the idea of 'playing' with Honoka

How does Honoka like playing with Miu?

I do tell her "you could have a body like that"

She seems almost happy to teach ya, though she still scares the crap out of you.

She scares the crap out of me? Since when?

All of them can kill me here. She'd just be damned sexy while she does it. Frankly I try and make friends with her, even if I perv a little from time to time.

"NO NO! I'm Fine I'll just eat something else. No need to do something crazy kid."

"But I wanted to show you my Buffalo wings..." Sad

They're manly bar food! Very Happy

They don't like your intentions that much...

...until they see the pictures, then they say just don't kill the dolt or permanently damage him.

Oh, I don't intend to cripple him for life or anything...

Does six months in a body cast followed by another three relearning how to walk count as permanent?

Not going to cripple him... just give him some time to reevaluate his life. ^_^

I believe that the duty of a Martial Artist is to protect the weak and I intend to do so by ensuring that this muscle bound thug will never hurt another innocent...

Either he'll learn his lesson or I'll just beat him until he does!

Kenny actually glares at you for half a second.

Bah! Philistine!

"See your brother gets the mentality, you should listen to him."

"Oh, I love lazy just you need to time it... and if somethings worth doing, it's probably going to be a total bitch to get it done."

Well is there anything specific you want to do before the fight? Otherwise I'll set it up next post.

Not really.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:He agrees and watches you, then with an APPA! he goes on to show you some pointers on how to hit better with the elbow strikes.

Heh. Thank the big guy and then try to use his advice in practice.

Well it's working for you and Kenny ain't it?

True. That's probably the only reason I actually believe it.

Well the meditation seems to calm yourself after a long day of training.

Always useful. Anyway, it seems like things are progressing nicely. Next on the list of people to talk to is Sakaki. I ask him whether he has any tips on fighting karateka, then go on to describe Tsukuda in as much detail as I can. If Niijima sent over any pictures of videos of the guy fighting, I show those to Sakaki as well.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:She preens under the praise.

When you head out you follow the translated directions almost flawlessly to where you need to go.

Which happens to be a large wall with massive red gate over which is painted the name Ryozanpaku. Those doors don't move
...okay, who the hell needs such large - and heavy - doors!? What's this supposed to be, an ancient castle?!
Alright, so pushing, even with the two of us, didn't do anything, and trying to shoulder-tackle would probably just end up painful. Hammering against it with a fist to "knock", then shouting over it.
If that doesn't work, ask Kenichi to give us a leg up so we can climb onto the wall, maybe catch attention that way. We will not be denied after Honoka went through the trouble of translating that map for us!
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum