Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Militia Productions on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:30 am

Somebodynobody10 wrote:Huh.
Interesting stuff. Don´t know what to vote for, though.

Welcome and Hello! Basically, whatever tickles your fancy. Smile


*Whispers* Just go with my votes Razz



avatar
Militia Productions

Posts : 53
Join date : 2013-03-05
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by ReinZero on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:25 pm

[x] Don't cash in the Credit now, maybe next year. Ask some questions.

You decide against cashing in the credit for now. Maybe next year. Though that doesn't mean you don't have any questions or so. What follows is mostly you getting saddled off with Aki and Elsa instead as the man diverts your questions to them. Damn irresponsibility!

"It's not going to change too much, unless you're concerned about ones that come and go fairly often. Worth and value are as much tied to how often that occurs." - Elsa

"Investing is a possibility to consider. Yet, that is also a gamble in and within itself that may perhaps net nothing, or be a utter blow to one's expectations. Always consider implications before you make your decision." - Aki

Or so that generally summarizes their stances and views in addition to more or less summing up that you really don't have a need to view the wares unless you're just looking for lower end goods. Though apparently, it runs the gauntlet, ranging from Miko to Knights to apparently those with Lineages- both sorts, though the 'Pure Lineage' category is out of stock. He even seems to have... what amounts to technically a few... members of the Church? Yeah. Basically, a fairly wide range of selections.

You do idly notice Elsa's 'price' at about 500 Platinum. Which is pretty steep... but not the highest by far. In fact, it's closer to the lower end of the quality wares- in terms of skill over 'control' you'd have over them. Aki on the other hand... about 10 million Platinum... at minimum. Apparently, it seems to weigh a bit on the relations between the man and... the prospective buyer/client. And other factors too you think.

You have about 95,342 Credit banked currently. Most of it does appear to be from your parents though. Which... the value would fluctuate wildly based on your relations... as noted before. From your work on Adelhilda, you did gain about 15,000 Credit. In one go of two years, you made what amount to several year's worth of bonus credit your parents did over the span of the past years to pay off on Adelhilda's cost.

That figure? 1 billion Platinum. It'd seem the modifier to the cost of her was modified by x20 due to making her a pet. While the base cost of a Royal is... 40 million Platinum. The proceeding cost was an additional 25% and factored in before the selection of making her a pet. You entirely don't bother to check how much is remaining to be paid off as the massive figure was already giving you a splitting headache. Thus, to relive that, you look to the rest of it.

The cheapest ones seem to hover around the 20~ Gold range. For anything of respectable 'control' over them- namely, what counts as a 'bodyguard' or a high quality slave- a doll quality is noted to tack a x10 cost modifier and subject to potential limitation in terms of present inventory. You don't exactly bother to check the ones on the lower cost below that range since lack of worthwhile capabilities, skill, and lack of sufficient control over them is... wasteful. Everything else of fairly good skill or so as you'd think from say, the few Alchemical Knights listed around the range of 20~ Platinum range- well the cheapest one anyways, and that is still slightly below 'bodyguard' in terms of control over it.

The general range in between them doesn't seem to bright as well... they would likely be too underwhelming when compared to Adelhilda. Though that did remind you of one thing to ask them. In regards to them specifically.

"A contract." - Aki & Elsa

"That is a matter which doesn't concern you. You would best learn not to pry into other people's situation unless they choose to tell you." - Aki

"It's complicated, but it isn't exactly easy to come by any deals that cover for family as well. Well, the specifics in particular for myself... well, that's a personal matter. But I'll just say that, even if it's not that bad, it's still annoying." - Elsa

As for his wares other than... dolls and such...

"Collars, other such stuff. Most are pretty much on an individual basis due to need to tweak things to match. Not really worth the cost usually unless you're skipping out on more expensive... things. Like that Royalty." - Elsa

"Dabbling in such things? Hmp. It is a shame you're associated with his clients to that extent." - Aki

With that said. You think you've left a bad impression on Aki. Elsa doesn't seem to care that much about it overall, except for being a bit touchy on a few parts of the subjects which she manages to work around still to mutual understanding. Adelhilda though, seemed to be glaring at them... most of the time while around them. Especially at Aki. You think she'd actually try to kill her if it weren't for the fact she probably would fail pretty spectacularly.

And thus it passes without much fuss or incident.

---

Year 4 Events...

With the state of Adelhilda's fixings... you decide that...
[ ] Let her do it herself. (Adelhilda Year Actions = 0)
[ ] Continue doing so, just on your free time though, not too much like presently. (Adelhilda Year Actions ; 1, Yourself: +1 Weapons Skill, +1 Physical Stat, +1 Social Skill, +2 Magic Skill, cannot bank twice into Fire.)
[ ] Continue doing so with as much priority as before. (Adelhilda Year Actions = 2; Yourself: +1 Physical stat, +1 Social Skill, +1 Magic Skill, cannot pick Fire.)
[ ] Bank more time into it than before. (Adelhilda Year Actions = 3; Yourself: +1 Physical stat.)

Adelhilda's Year Actions: (Number = To # of Adehilda Year Actions from the above selection.)
[ ] Write In. (Cannot overlap with yourself or any event & event choices. I reserve the right to veto it.)

During the Year you decided on...
[ ] Just having fun with the girls and women... in your free time.
[ ] Listening and socializing with active fighters of the village... in your free time.
[ ] Petting Adelhilda... in your free time.

A number of civilians and portworkers seemed rather worried about the recent activity in the nearby waters, the prior year's incident with the pirates not helping much- though it was reassuring. The fact was in part due to the number of things occurring at the same time, though if you took out one, it should distablize the rest enough to ensure they aren't a problem... hopefully. Trying to take all of them at the same time just seems a bit too aggressive, by others that is. So which you are you going to deal with? (Pick up to three at most.)
[ ] The herd of Sea Serpents have made their nest somewhat too close for comfort. They're also somewhat hindering fishing as their imposing presence is a constant worry.
[ ] The Hellion Coalition Navy that has seemed to expand by a bit recently and been gobbling up a few population centers too close for comfort.
[ ] The local pirate group that seems to be forming in light of the foreign- locality-wise, was crushed by you. They seem to be causing quite undue trouble and havoc. For one thing, it seems to be making a mess on top of the Sea Serpents presence. It should be noted they seem somewhat well organized though. Maybe a bit too organized to be pirates?
[ ] The community of Seal Elves that seem to be a bit... ticked off. The only reason you can think for that happening is their attached Fae being wiped out. Though, their rather muted number compared to the usual that you've heard seems to support that fact. But in either case, they seem quite hostile to the other human groups along with even say civilians.
[ ] Leave them alone. (Cannot be picked with the other options of course.)

On the other hand, the Forest Elves under your rule seem to be somewhat...worried about their kin in the nearby areas. Which you've been pressed to handle, though you're pretty sure you can't do all of their requests, and doing more than one would likely impact the overall...
[ ] The group of Forest Elves relocating in advance of a ultimatum by one of the expanding nearby nations. It seemed to be a 'move before x time' or be wiped out. The nation does seem to be trying to restrain the Church's influence on its decisions, but doesn't seem to be able to afford to oppose it. They currently seem to be trying to find another place where they won't be exactly prosecuted, though the number borders they'd need to cross in the process doesn't help in the least. A handful seem to genuinely support the Church's prosecutions.
[ ] The Astermis High Elves tribe you helped the year prior seem to be experiencing some... additional issues. This time, from the Church, whom seems hellbent on driving them out. Apparently, they seem to have been literally sitting ontop of a profitable ore deposit that the Church has laid a claim to. The tribe isn't exactly alone though, as it'd seem a few other small communities had been drive out of their home as well during the past year. They most likely won't survive if not assisted. Some seem to genuinely entertain the notion of relocating away from the mountains, at least, for now- not permanently.
[ ] The large pack of Wolves in one of the more obscure parts of the nearby area seem to have been seeking new hunting grounds. They seem to be a fresh splinter group and more so younger than not. This probably would lead to clashes between them and Forest Elves in other nearby areas when the Wolves attempt to occupy the area. Likely to be a messy affair and what not with at least one community of Forest Elves being wiped out.
[ ] One of the nations nearby seem to have taken up mass genocide of all non-humans in their territory. The few scattered groups of remaining Elves seem to be in the process of being hunted down now unless rallied. Though, with how deep most of the remaining ones have been forced into the territory, it's easy to say that they won't survive without sufficiently powerful assistance from an outside factor. The nation also seems to be favored by the Church due to its policies.

Topping off troubles is a rather alarming geographic news, rather, an unexplainable change- or shift... outside the Distorted Range.
[ ] A part of the Distorted Range formed in the local area.
[ ] A Mountain simply appeared out of nowhere, it's features seem to imply its origins is from the Distorted Range.
Which on its own isn't much if it weren't for the fact that several problems had been deposited into the local area as well. You think you might be able to deal with one of them entirely. Depending on which one of course. Trying to handle more is... a lesson in futility you think.
[ ] A horde of Skeletals, something of a nature akin to living skeletons with flesh to augment their skeletal structure. They most likely would scatter and be a pain to hunt down if you don't dispatch them now.
[ ] A small tribe of Dragons of some Element or another. You're not even sure if they're actually a tribe or not.
[ ] A pack of Elementals. Well, several packs it'd seem. Not all elements being equal in numerical representation of course.
[ ] A tribe of... foxes? You're no sure what they're supposed to be. You're not familiar with Far Eastern native monsters.
[ ] A community of... winged, humanoid-ish... freakish monsters? At least you don't have to look at their face thanks to those masks or whatever. No wait, that's no community.
[ ] A number of gryphons that seem to have formed a pack. Maybe. Huh, where did those other gryphons come from! It might not be just a single pack soon.
[ ] A handful of- no wait, what the heck is that? A flying oversized eyeball? The fuck? Wait wait... that's how many that haven't scattered yet?
[ ] A handful of communities of... oversized, giant, half naked, dwarves with horns spouting out of their forehead and what not. That's no dwarf. That's- ok, you don't know really. Probably another Far Eastern mess.
[ ] A few communities of giant spiders? What is this, a joke? Why are there giant spiders as well mixed into all of this! Last thing you'd need is-
[ ] A number of Chimeras running around. Fucken damnit. Well, at least it's only a few. Should be able to thin out that number... maybe.

The only bit of good news you seem to have was that well, you had a visitor. One about your age. Well no, about a year younger, and female. Seems to be one from a neighboring village. Something about solidifying relations between the two or at least officially anyways. Potentially at that. You distinctly attach the term 'political marriage' to it. Of course, it is somewhat up to you as well of course. Which is a bit complicated since you only had about a week to decide. Initially. Then, you were informed it was just three days. During that time you...
[ ] Were just being your usual self.
[ ] Faux Gentlemanly.
[ ] Absented yourself from contact with her.
[ ] Take her~
Thus you...
[ ] Accepted it.
[ ] Refused it.


Last edited by ReinZero on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by EagleBlue on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 pm

[X] Listening and socializing with active fighters of the village... one your free time.

[X] The herd of Sea Serpents have made their nest somewhat too close for comfort. They're also somewhat hindering fishing as their imposing presence is a constant worry.
[X] The local pirate group that seems to be forming in light of the foreign- locality-wise, was crushed by you. They seem to be causing quite undue trouble and havoc. For one thing, it seems to be making a mess on top of the Sea Serpents presence. It should be noted they seem somewhat well organized though. Maybe a bit too organized to be pirates?
[X] The community of Seal Elves that seem to be a bit... ticked off. The only reason you can think for that happening is their attached Fae being wiped out. Though, their rather muted number compared to the usual that you've heard seems to support that fact. But in either case, they seem quite hostile to the other human groups along with even say civilians.

[X] The Astermis High Elves tribe you helped the year prior seem to be experiencing some... additional issues. This time, from the Church, whom seems hellbent on driving them out. Apparently, they seem to have been literally sitting ontop of a profitable ore deposit that the Church has laid a claim to. The tribe isn't exactly alone though, as it'd seem a few other small communities had been drive out of their home as well during the past year. They most likely won't survive if not assisted. Some seem to genuinely entertain the notion of relocating away from the mountains, at least, for now- not permanently.

[X] A Mountain simply appeared out of nowhere, it's features seem to imply its origins is from the Distorted Range.
[X] A tribe of... foxes? You're no sure what they're supposed to be. You're not familiar with Far Eastern native monsters.
avatar
EagleBlue

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Kelenas on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 pm

[x] Continue doing so, just on your free time though, not too much like presently. (Adelhilda Year Actions ; 1, Yourself: +1 Weapons Skill, +1 Physical Stat, +1 Social Skill, +2 Magic Skill, cannot bank twice into Fire.)

+Sword
+Agility
+Leadership
+Fire
+Wind

Not sure about Hilde's action. I'd like to support the event-actions regarding the elves, but not sure how to phrase that best.

[x] Listening and socializing with active fighters of the village... one your free time.

[x] The herd of Sea Serpents have made their nest somewhat too close for comfort. They're also somewhat hindering fishing as their imposing presence is a constant worry.
- [x] Try to eliminate the adults, and leave the eggs and young(est) offspring unharmed so we can try to tame them.
[x] The Hellion Coalition Navy that has seemed to expand by a bit recently and been gobbling up a few population centers too close for comfort.
[x] The local pirate group that seems to be forming in light of the foreign- locality-wise, was crushed by you. They seem to be causing quite undue trouble and havoc. For one thing, it seems to be making a mess on top of the Sea Serpents presence. It should be noted they seem somewhat well organized though. Maybe a bit too organized to be pirates?

Not sure regarding the elves' requests. I'd honestly like to pick all of them, but it'd probably need a good plan to pull off without stretching ourselves too thin.

[x] A Mountain simply appeared out of nowhere, it's features seem to imply its origins is from the Distorted Range.
[x] A tribe of... foxes? You're no sure what they're supposed to be. You're not familiar with Far Eastern native monsters.

[x] Were just being your usual self.
[x] Accepted it.


Last edited by Kelenas on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Kelenas

Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Mishie on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Edit: Changed some votes arround

Huh, looks like Aki isn't a big fan of the whole "being a slave thing" whoooops. Odds are we can salvage it, but that will have to wait for the next meeting.

So yeah, for shit to do this year:

[X] Write in for shit Hildy does:
We should set her a specific task, whilst stressing to her that we're doing this because we want to trust her, since we want to believe that any mistakes she's made in the past was due to a simple misunderstanding since we don't want the trainer to think he needs to take her back for more training.

The task would be that we should have her start training up some of the forest and house elves, not only will this get us better trained soldiers, but it reduces the chance of the others trying something since they've seen what Hildy can do. Plus it can only help with her Precision Control, and the fact that we trust her with this should make her a bit more loyal (or at least it can't hurt). And the fact that we'll be treating Hildy so well instead of just abusing her can only help improve how Aki sees us (which we really want to do).

And as for well, everything else:

[X] Listening and socializing with active fighters of the village... in your free time.
Mainly because having us spend time with the troops can only help with moral, and it leaves a better image of us than just having

[X] The herd of Sea Serpents have made their nest somewhat too close for comfort. They're also somewhat hindering fishing as their imposing presence is a constant worry.
Okay, turns out that Sea Serpents are capable of communication with humans, and considering that they haven't actually attacked us yet (and based on the fact that doing something to the sea serpents will effect the other shit, it can be assumed that they have been effecting the pirates/navy) instead of going in and just killing and enslaving, why don't we go in peacfully. We sail over in a ship, making sure not to hit/attack anything in the water (that isn't another boat) and we make it clear that we're here to talk.

We make it clear that we have no problems with them being here, but, others (such as the navy and the pirates) probably do. We mention that we would have no problems with them having a nest within areas that we control, as long as they promise not to attack us, if anything, we can work together to drive off those that would attack us, we would also mentioned that could be attacked from the land where they would be weaker, which we could help protect them from. If need be, we can make an arrangement about how we would fish elsewhere if they require them for food, although we could mention that if they let us fish in their territory, we could provide them with ways to store the fish without it rotting, as well as other types of food. We would say that this would be a partnership, and that we wouldn't be giving them anything as a bribe/offering, instead that we would treat them with respect and not as invalids because they would obviously be helping us in exchange.

[X] The community of Seal Elves that seem to be a bit... ticked off. The only reason you can think for that happening is their attached Fae being wiped out. Though, their rather muted number compared to the usual that you've heard seems to support that fact. But in either case, they seem quite hostile to the other human groups along with even say civilians.
For this one we should send an envoy since apparently they aren't the biggest fans of humans, the envoy should be an elf that not only has a good opinion of us, but also knows that the best chance that the Seal Elves have to survive is to work with(for) us. And this elf should basically explain that we'll help protect them in exchange for them working with(for) us, if they don't want to then we lose nothing, if some or all decide to accept then we'll have new workers/soldiers.

[X] The group of Forest Elves relocating in advance of a ultimatum by one of the expanding nearby nations. It seemed to be a 'move before x time' or be wiped out. The nation does seem to be trying to restrain the Church's influence on its decisions, but doesn't seem to be able to afford to oppose it. They currently seem to be trying to find another place where they won't be exactly prosecuted, though the number borders they'd need to cross in the process doesn't help in the least. A handful seem to genuinely support the Church's prosecutions.

In theory, we should be able to do this easily by just sending one of our elves as an envoy (preferably one that has a very good view of us, and mentioned to him/her that the more elves they bring back, the more that will survive the churches purges) and to have them say that the elves would not be persecuted on our lands and that we would protect them, all that would be required is that they agree to obey our laws like the current group does. Which to be honest is a lot better than any other option they have. Like above, we should try to get all of them, but some is better than none. Also, since it seems that either the pirate or the navy have killed their fae, we could mention that they're also our enemies and that we could help prevent it happening again.

As for the pirates and the navy, we can just leave them to kill each other.

Whilst that's going on we'll be doing this:
[X] The Astermis High Elves tribe you helped the year prior seem to be experiencing some... additional issues. This time, from the Church, whom seems hellbent on driving them out. Apparently, they seem to have been literally sitting ontop of a profitable ore deposit that the Church has laid a claim to. The tribe isn't exactly alone though, as it'd seem a few other small communities had been drive out of their home as well during the past year. They most likely won't survive if not assisted. Some seem to genuinely entertain the notion of relocating away from the mountains, at least, for now- not permanently.

If the other elves complain about us not turning up in person, having the envoy mention we're saving these elves from certain death would be a good excuse, plus these ones would be pretty grateful. We should try to focus on the ones that are easier to get to, and based on information that we can get from them, only go for the high risk ones if it's completely worth it. We should try to convince them that for now, they're better off leaving now (and maybe leaving a few traps for the church to find) whilst they still have enough time to move most of their posessions, and that we would be more than happy to find a place for them to live with us. We should try to appeal to those that want to already leave, having them point out that there's no point in fighting, since if they do, the Church will just take that as an excuse to not only send more soldiers, but will most likely persecute other elves.

If they ask us to fight for them again, we should point out that we already saved them from the dwarves, and that by fighting the church for them, we would be getting into a fight that we may not be able to win. Also remind them that they were pretty ungrateful for the help earlier. We should also tell them that the move doesn't need to be permanent, since odds are we will have to fight the church in the future, and that by waiting, that allows us to build up our forces and allows them to relax their defences since it was so easy for them to get here.

And as for why I changed my mind about the rescue, the way I see it, it's a high risk with no confirmed reward, and odds are it would put the church (and it's allies) against us, which we really don't want to do yet. And for all we know the rumours may not even be true.

For the Wolves option, I'm thinking that we should just leave them for now, simply because 1) they haven't attacked us yet, 2) they may make good allies, and 3) it may drive the other elves to ask us for help.

Finally:
[X] A Mountain simply appeared out of nowhere, it's features seem to imply its origins is from the Distorted Range.
And
[X] A small tribe of Dragons of some Element or another. You're not even sure if they're actually a tribe or not.
Because they have the potential to be the biggest problem, along with the biggest reward depending on how we can deal with them. By which I do of course meaning that we basically get the best fighters with Hildy and we try to talk to the dragons since they're capable of communication. We can offer to help them drive off the other monsters on the mountain in exchange for their help, also pointing out that in the long run, it would be better for them to have somebody that would be willing to trade with/for them to get things that they may want/need. If they refuse, then well, there's a reason why we brought company (if they ask why we came in a group and with weapons, just point out that we're not arrogant or stupid enough to walk into a dragons den with no way to protect ourselves).

[X] Were just being your usual self. But still being polite to her, mainly because if we do decide to accept it, and we have a massive personality change, that's probably not going to put us her good sign since she'll just assume that everything we've said/done was an act (which it kinda would be) and having our wife distrust us could come back to bite us. If we can, we should try to get her alone and ask what she thinks about the whole deal and if she actually wants to get married to us, mainly because acting nice can only help with her opinion with us (because checking for poison in our dinners can get old really fast). Mentioning that we don't want to force her into marriage that she doesn't want probably wont cost us anything (apart from the incredibly unlikely event that not only does she hate us, but us rejecting the offer means that the other villiage either hates us or doesn't want anything to do with us and they're really awesome)

But before we make a final desicion, we should try to get more information if we can, maybe talking to her about her villiage (and what it has to offer us) and trying to find out who's arranging the deal and why. That and why it has to happen in 3 days. And if we can, we should find out why exactly the deal has to be sealed with a marriage to us (guessing some sort of magic shit to do with her?).

In the event we can't get any information at all, we should go for the marriage, simply because of the fact that getting legitimate heirs early is never a bad idea, and well, although there is the risk that we could end up with a better marriage in the future, I'm sure we'll think of some way around it.


Last edited by Mishie on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mishie

Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Kelenas on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:44 pm

If we're sending an emissary to the Forest Elves, we could also send one to the High Elves.
We could also see about rallying the elves who're being subjected to a genocide, then join up with either of the other two groups. Possibly both, by splitting the genocide-targeted group in two, with one part being lead by us, and the other being led by Hilda.
avatar
Kelenas

Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Robotninja on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:40 am

[x] Continue doing so, just on your free time though, not too much like presently. (Adelhilda Year Actions ; 1, Yourself: +1 Weapons Skill, +1 Physical Stat, +1 Social Skill, +2 Magic Skill, cannot bank twice into Fire.)

+Sword
+Economics
+Fire
+Wind

More money is always good. We can invest it in a school later on. Get professional soldiers and mages.

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by truthswraith on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 pm

[X] Continue doing so, just on your free time though, not too much like presently. (Adelhilda Year Actions ; 1, Yourself: +1 Weapons Skill, +1 Physical Stat, +1 Social Skill, +2 Magic Skill, cannot bank twice into Fire.)
+1 One handed swords.
+1 Agillity
+1 Leadership
+1 Fire
+1 Aether

[X] Set Adelhilda to doing the taxes and the like for us. Maybe make it a hobby or something.

[X] Listening and socializing with active fighters of the village... in your free time.

[x] The herd of Sea Serpents have made their nest somewhat too close for comfort. They're also somewhat hindering fishing as their imposing presence is a constant worry.
- [x] Try to eliminate the adults, and leave the eggs and young(est) offspring unharmed so we can try to tame them.
[x] The Hellion Coalition Navy that has seemed to expand by a bit recently and been gobbling up a few population centers too close for comfort.
[x] The local pirate group that seems to be forming in light of the foreign- locality-wise, was crushed by you. They seem to be causing quite undue trouble and havoc. For one thing, it seems to be making a mess on top of the Sea Serpents presence. It should be noted they seem somewhat well organized though. Maybe a bit too organized to be pirates?
[X] The group of Forest Elves relocating in advance of a ultimatum by one of the expanding nearby nations. It seemed to be a 'move before x time' or be wiped out. The nation does seem to be trying to restrain the Church's influence on its decisions, but doesn't seem to be able to afford to oppose it. They currently seem to be trying to find another place where they won't be exactly prosecuted, though the number borders they'd need to cross in the process doesn't help in the least. A handful seem to genuinely support the Church's prosecutions.

[X] A Mountain simply appeared out of nowhere, it's features seem to imply its origins is from the Distorted Range.
[X] A tribe of... foxes? You're no sure what they're supposed to be. You're not familiar with Far Eastern native monsters.

[X] Faux Gentlemanly.
[X] Accepted it.

truthswraith

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:08 am

+Sword
+Agility
+Leadership
+Fire
+Wind

During the Year you decided on...
[x] Just having fun with the girls and women... in your free time.
[x] Listening and socializing with active fighters of the village... in your free time.
[x] Petting Adelhilda... in your free time.


To be realistic, a bit of all of the above. But if I had to put it in order, I'd say 3, 1, 2 as written. I'm thinking we'd spend time with Adelhilda almost every night.

Local girls would be a once in a while thing.

A number of civilians and portworkers seemed rather worried about the recent activity in the nearby waters, the prior year's incident with the pirates not helping much- though it was reassuring. The fact was in part due to the number of things occurring at the same time, though if you took out one, it should distablize the rest enough to ensure they aren't a problem... hopefully. Trying to take all of them at the same time just seems a bit too aggressive, by others that is. So which you are you going to deal with? (Pick up to three at most.)

Honestly I think we need to secure our seas.

Current concerns are the Seal Elves, who I think we can send a wood elf envoy to. Maybe even allow them to settle an abandoned coastal local in exchange for tax of course.

The Pirates and serpents need to be handled. If possible, recruit if not, KILL THEM. If we can have the Seal Elves help so much the better.

The navy isn't something we can handle yet.

On the other hand, the Forest Elves under your rule seem to be somewhat...worried about their kin in the nearby areas. Which you've been pressed to handle, though you're pretty sure you can't do all of their requests, and doing more than one would likely impact the overall...

We need to make it clear to the Wolves we do not tolerate people starting fights with our servants.

As for most of the others, that's again what envoys are for. Give the elves an invite to our lands. If they're willing to obey and pay tax, we're will let them live in relative peace.

As for the mountains with the church we can't fight them this early. We basically tell the high elves to move it or lose it. We saved them once, we can't do it again. That said we need to figure out a way to get the fuck rid of them. Having those genocidal maniacs this close? BAD FUCKING THING!

We're supposed to have advisors here, right? Unless we're being entirely set up for a fall, Rein, so lets get suggestions as to how to fucking deal with the motherfucking church in our back fucking yard.

I don't know... arrange a total party kill or something. Can we bring the mountain down on them?

Maybe use it as leverage to get the local monsters to obey us because they'd be FUCKED if the church was based in the region.

Frankly I think we should just order hildy to murder the fuck out of all of them and be done with it.

The ones who are being genocided need active help though and as much as I hate to say it, we're not ready for it. Help the others and accept any who make it but... well... oh well. Do what you can.

Topping off troubles is a rather alarming geographic news, rather, an unexplainable change- or shift... outside the Distorted Range.
[x] A Mountain simply appeared out of nowhere, it's features seem to imply its origins is from the Distorted Range.

Which on its own isn't much if it weren't for the fact that several problems had been deposited into the local area as well. You think you might be able to deal with one of them entirely. Depending on which one of course. Trying to handle more is... a lesson in futility you think.


I'll take the foxes. Kitsune are fun and can be reasoned with. And are good in bed in human form...

The only bit of good news you seem to have was that well, you had a visitor. One about your age. Well no, about a year younger, and female. Seems to be one from a neighboring village. Something about solidifying relations between the two or at least officially anyways. Potentially at that. You distinctly attach the term 'political marriage' to it. Of course, it is somewhat up to you as well of course. Which is a bit complicated since you only had about a week to decide. Initially. Then, you were informed it was just three days. During that time you...

I have too long a view to take her as a bride. She's small scale. Concubine yes, wife... no.

Also...

I think we should install a suggestion box.

In general I want to be this guy:



Last edited by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:55 am; edited 5 times in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by ReinZero on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:33 am

No psycko, you cannot do all three as it pertains your free time.

Which are you going to do personally then on the pirates and sea serpents?

The Seal Elves are noted as a problem under that because they need to vent it out. Question is, are you going to handle it? Or let one of the other parties resolve it (potentially)?

Also, envoys aren't the catch all solution....

And handling on the girl? There is no third option.

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by ReinZero on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:39 am

Will work on the update tomorrow or so (proper that is, my timezone). In the meantime, updated 2nd post of front page with the page for the Knights, Basic Human Units, training times for those basic human units, and the Elemental Mechanics Notes.

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:17 am

For the record, I just want to say... marrying the bitch is a dumb fucking idea.

We need to keep the WIFE option open for someone important, not some stupid cunt from the next village over. We might as well marry the fucking miller's daughter for as much long term use she'll be.

She can become our concubine at most and she should be fucking happy she's even getting that much.

And lets be honest. We have THREE days to get to know her. Originally it was a week, which is still odd, but its been cut down... which is even odder...

And on top of that, it's a horrible idea to do this while our PARENTS ARE NOT IN TOWN!

Something is up here. There's bullshit in the air. Which is why I think we need to either say no... or fuck... cash in our credit and show this bitch and her parents what happens to people who try and take us for a mother fucking ride!

And about the heirs subject... if we want heirs WE IMPREGNATE OUR PET PRINCESS! You know, the one with the PURE BLOODLINE we should be looking to hijack for our own decedents?


Last edited by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:28 am

Also, envoys aren't the catch all solution....

About that... send envoys to the ones we don't handle personally with an invite of where to go for safety.

And edited my post.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Mishie on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 am

Hopefully this will be the final change for the elves option:

We go to the mountains as fast as we can, and tell the high elves that we have a way to let them stay in their homes, and not have to deal with the church, but they have to do what we tell them or it wont work.

The next time the church comes around, we tell that that we had already laid claim to the area, hence why we've already started a mine and other infrasturcture. If they start to ask questions about why the elves are there, we'll just tell them that instead of paying for miners, it's so much easier to just send in elves to do the work for us in exchange for not being killed, meaning that it's less work for us in exchange for more profit.

If they try to push their claim still, we'll then mention that we did get here first, and that their claim really isn't based on much, but we would be more than willing to make an arrangement with them in regards to selling the ore, which should be enough of a bribe to get rid of them.

Also, we should try to get into contact with the other communities on the mountain, and let them know about our offer of protection.

Mishie

Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:50 am

Could work. Or we could just kill them all.

Now about the bitch...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Kelenas on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:14 am

Any reason why we can't just divorce or "divorce" her later? Or just have multiple wives?

Truthfully, though, I don't care about this too much, so I'll just withdraw my vote in that regard. Count it against accepting the deal, instead.
avatar
Kelenas

Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : Spain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Militia Productions on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Let Hild fix herself, she is already so close that she can finish in the two years before the Trainer comes back.

+2 Gladius (Short Sword) (One Handed Sword)
+2 Agility
+1 Leadership
+1 Fire
+1 Wind



Spend time with the inactive fighters, now too old to fight. They have the experience as well as old tricks the young fighters won't know.


Leave the port alone, we don't have the manpower to throw away men or equipment if while we are handling one problem and another takes advantage.


Point the various Elves to each other and allow them to band together or burn together as they choose. We can not afford the church striving to burn us out for helping the elves.


A part of the Distorted Range has entered your territory and so you decide it is time to kill some pests. Gryphons need a slayin!

The girl who needs to "marry" me, I'd explain that as the next in line to lead my village, it would be more prudent and responsible of me to take my time in this sort of situation. Basically demand a year to lean of the girl and her village before damning either village to something bad
avatar
Militia Productions

Posts : 53
Join date : 2013-03-05
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by ReinZero on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 am

ReinZero wrote:Year 4 Events...

With the state of Adelhilda's fixings... you decide that...
[x] Continue doing so, just on your free time though, not too much like presently. (Adelhilda Year Actions ; 1, Yourself: +1 Weapons Skill, +1 Physical Stat, +1 Social Skill, +2 Magic Skill, cannot bank twice into Fire.)

You readily come to the decision to put your schedule back to normal for the most part, except for your free time. That, you keep a fair portion, but not too much, towards working on Adelhilda.Which you also take a lesson from or such, and instead of putting effort into only one of the two remaining areas, you do both at the same time. (See below.)

For yourself, your Fire magic makes some headway, but still, it hasn't reached all the way yet, though, you do manage to make more progress still in your Wind magic. As for your skill with the sword, you push it further, but the beginnings of difficulty progressing in it as you properly ingrain your abilities in the field- in other words, specializing one weapon in particular that itself is a one handed North Western sword.

[Fire Magic EX+ Rank => L- Rank]
[Wind Magic B Rank => A Rank]

Which was it? (Gained at S Rank.)
[ ] (Write In, Any specific One-Handed European Sword)

You do make headway in your physical activities, bringing your speed up to par. Likewise, you've managed to make progress in leading others, though various factors also came into helping it along. (See below.)

[Agility B Rank => A Rank]

Adelhilda's Year Actions:
[ ] We should set her a specific task, whilst stressing to her that we're doing this because we want to trust her, since we want to believe that any mistakes she's made in the past was due to a simple misunderstanding since we don't want the trainer to think he needs to take her back for more training.

The task would be that we should have her start training up some of the forest and house elves, not only will this get us better trained soldiers, but it reduces the chance of the others trying something since they've seen what Hildy can do. Plus it can only help with her Precision Control, and the fact that we trust her with this should make her a bit more loyal (or at least it can't hurt). And the fact that we'll be treating Hildy so well instead of just abusing her can only help improve how Aki sees us (which we really want to do).

The House Elves are a bit... more enthusiastic than their Forest Elf counterparts. By a significant margin, as the latter 'volunteers' literally wet themselves upon hearing of their... volunteering by their other kin.... Needless to say, there are no deaths involved as Adelhilda seems to restrain herself quite well.

[4 C Rank House Elves => 4 B Rank House Elves] (Technically recruited, attached under Adelhilda's command, C Rank upkeep.)
[+3 C Rank House Elves available for recruitment]
[1 B Rank Forest Elf => 1 EX Rank Forest Elf] (Technically recruited, attached under Adelhilda's command, B Rank upkeep.)
[12 C Rank Forest Elves => 12 B Rank Forest Elves]

During the Year you decided on...
[x] Listening and socializing with active fighters of the village... in your free time.

You decidedly take a more serious emphasis on your future position to be, and take to socializing with the active members of the village that sometimes go long with your parents on their... missions, expeditions, and jobs. You do believe they do tend to overlap about half the time.

First you have Herbert Re Von, whom is a fairly capable Ice magic user whom specializes in melee, specifically with the sword. His own capabilities with it directly aren't that much better, but he's still fairly notable and his service record is quite solid with having survived his fair share of rather more dangerous situations and come out better due to it. He is also quite reliable or so you hear. Something which seems reinforced by the fact that one member of his family from his father's side was the fifth son of a fledgling Knight's family.

Next you have Kyle Sutherlan, the second son and third child of the Sutherlan family in service under your parents. He has only recently been permitted to work the same missions and jobs your parents do, which was both out of concern for his parents and their family's continuation. His brother had been one of the ones that died in action fourteen years ago, though he doesn't seem to hold any grudge over it since both the fact it was a success and the net result and outcome of it wasn't something that comes often but rather very rarely.

Lastly, of significance anyways, is Aaron Hilford. He's of rather average background and the most... capable archer of the lot. Which is saying something since there is a rather lacking number of ranged specialists in the village. It probably has to do with the greater emphasis on more 'noble' sense of combat, something the members of the village that do not take to it note as being rather strange and awkward considering they're technically bandits....

There are also about a few others, but none of them are really notable nor seem as capable, though in time that may change. It does take some fair amount of time in your endeavor, but you do manage to affirm their support for you and help along your effort at making something proper resembling leadership. Hey! It is rather hard doing it on your own without anyone to lead!

[Herbert Re Von - Notable C Rank Equiv. Magic Knight (Ice)]
[Kyle Sutherlan - Notable C Rank Equiv. Magic Knight (Earth)]
[Aaron Hilford - Notable A Rank Ranged Element Specialist (Wind)]
[Leadership Gained at C Rank]

A number of civilians and portworkers seemed rather worried about the recent activity in the nearby waters, the prior year's incident with the pirates not helping much- though it was reassuring. The fact was in part due to the number of things occurring at the same time, though if you took out one, it should distablize the rest enough to ensure they aren't a problem... hopefully. Trying to take all of them at the same time just seems a bit too aggressive, by others that is. So which you are you going to deal with? (Pick up to three at most.)
[Self/Adelhilda] The herd of Sea Serpents have made their nest somewhat too close for comfort. They're also somewhat hindering fishing as their imposing presence is a constant worry.
[House Elf Envoy] The community of Seal Elves that seem to be a bit... ticked off. The only reason you can think for that happening is their attached Fae being wiped out. Though, their rather muted number compared to the usual that you've heard seems to support that fact. But in either case, they seem quite hostile to the other human groups along with even say civilians.

You decide upon dealing with twp of the matters instead of just one. The pirates you figure you can leave them to deal with the Hellion Colition Navy, after all, they would have more goods and stuff of actual value compared to your meager holdings.

For the Seal Elves, you send a House Elf, one of the ones under Adelhilda's command to negotiate with them. Which ends pretty badly, though at least the envoy did survive, if only by virtue of very careful choice of words and their kind's general reputation. It's probably a good thing that your village isn't built on the coast.

With that failure, you pretty much continue as planned with your plans on getting the Sea Serpents to come under your rule. After all, they would be excellent deterrence against the other three no? Well, between them fighting each other that is. You do consider the possibility of eliminating the adults and just taking in the young, but then, that could and would make the population issue of them a more dire issue. Though that could be considered an acceptable loss?

Adelhilda naturally comes along with you- and your group, as this is less an issue of her being able to handle them and your personal safety at stake as well. Fire magic isn't the most suited for dealing with Sea Serpents, though Water is probably worse for that matter. Worst comes to worst, Adelhilda wouldn't be able to protect you at the same time she's dealing with the Sea Serpents. Sheer numbers is the problem as one or two could be more manageable to deal with by Adelhilda without risk to your safety.

Sea Serpent Sighting Event = 19

Someone, or some people seem to have beaten you to them by a fair bit, though it would seem that...

Interference Hostility Check = 50

... he or she isn't a member of the Church. And the lack of any sounds of battle or the like helps reinforce that the situation hasn't went south due to said person. You're fairly sure now that it's just one person and not multiple who got there before you. From your rather distant-ish position, what? You did just arrive in that area. You're pretty sure that that's a Far Easterner who arrived before you, like one of those two that was with that man... Which you're not quite sure why there's one all the way out here.

Then again, you don't know much of the Far East anyways. Though your knowledge of the South Central is slightly better, but not enough to call it an improvement. You do know, however, that the sort that the girl appears to be like- yes you're fairly positive that the person's a girl. Call it... your finely honed skill in the art of... oh screw it, intuition.

[ ] Continue with plan to eliminate the adult Sea Serpents and take, most definitely not enslave, the young.
[ ] Diplomacy? In what matter/way/conditions? (Write In)
[ ] Something else? (Write In)

On the other hand, the Forest Elves under your rule seem to be somewhat...worried about their kin in the nearby areas. Which you've been pressed to handle, though you're pretty sure you can't do all of their requests, and doing more than one would likely impact the overall...
[House Elf Envoy] The group of Forest Elves relocating in advance of a ultimatum by one of the expanding nearby nations. It seemed to be a 'move before x time' or be wiped out. The nation does seem to be trying to restrain the Church's influence on its decisions, but doesn't seem to be able to afford to oppose it. They currently seem to be trying to find another place where they won't be exactly prosecuted, though the number borders they'd need to cross in the process doesn't help in the least. A handful seem to genuinely support the Church's prosecutions.
[Yourself/Adelhilda] The Astermis High Elves tribe you helped the year prior seem to be experiencing some... additional issues. This time, from the Church, whom seems hellbent on driving them out. Apparently, they seem to have been literally sitting ontop of a profitable ore deposit that the Church has laid a claim to. The tribe isn't exactly alone though, as it'd seem a few other small communities had been drive out of their home as well during the past year. They most likely won't survive if not assisted. Some seem to genuinely entertain the notion of relocating away from the mountains, at least, for now- not permanently.
[House Elf Envoy] One of the nations nearby seem to have taken up mass genocide of all non-humans in their territory. The few scattered groups of remaining Elves seem to be in the process of being hunted down now unless rallied. Though, with how deep most of the remaining ones have been forced into the territory, it's easy to say that they won't survive without sufficiently powerful assistance from an outside factor. The nation also seems to be favored by the Church due to its policies.

You send out two House Elves under Adelhilda's command to act as envoys, one to the group relocating and the other to the one being genocided. The first one somewhat seems to accept as a possibility, but you understand the reason for that. It's rather simple, as they cannot exactly afford to take such a risk as some of the nations' borders they'd have to cross might take the chance to attack them in hopes of wiping them out... to gain favor with the Church.

Relocating Elves = 15 / 50

They've made good headway from what you've heard through your envoy, though that's still subject to change.

Relocating Elves Risk Factor = 38 / 100

Presently, they seem to be on course still, though some concern as they would lack sufficient... power to fight off a serious attempt. So far, only fair bit of harassment by two of the weaker Church supporting nations have caused some trouble to them. But that's all it is so far that is. Losses seem to be within acceptable range still, though it is already more than what it would have been for the entire trek if you had gone personally along with Adelhilda.

On the other hand, the envoy to the ones being genocided... didn't go exactly very well over. Without sufficient 'power' backing the recovery effort, it's impossible for them to be brought over. By that, it would necessitate yourself going personally with Adelhilda to do so. But well, you can't be everywhere.

In regard to the Wolves... well, you can't deal with that at the same time you deal with the other, more pressing issue of the Church's claim on your to be subject's lands. On the other hand, those Wolves could also possibly help drive the other Forest Elves into under your banner. Then again, that's merely a possibility.

Your decision to aide the High Elves comes half as a terror to all but the Astermis High Elves, thankfully your arrival wasn't entirely unexpected and friendly fire avoided. It was less fortunate for the Church. Much less so.

---

Adelhilda gently deposits you onto the ground as she descends. Simultaneously shredding two unfortunate- or lucky- Zealots. "Please wait here, Master."

"You two there, aiding those monsters are you?!" declares one of the Zealots. Two of his fellows immediately turn their attention to your direction as they had just arrived themselves.

A rather pointless gesture as the speaker's head is cleanly severed from the neck down- in a single stroke as Adelhilda passes by him, drawing- no, forming a blade of ice, striking down the two that attempt to avenge their comrade. A futile attempt. "Now then, pay penitence for your insult to my Master."

To which she speaks to but a empty audience of humans. A shame with the rate they died. Most never saw the ice that froze them. The feathers that shredded them. Merciful deaths, quick and painless one could say. It is needless to say that the few Crusaders present alongside the Zealots were felled as equally quick. After all, they are but mere Church grunts.

The audience of High Elves but seem to give way and move in silence. Not one of disdain, but a more... respectful sort. You simply nod and motion for dramatic effect. "Drive the Church's pawns from the place, make an example of them. An example of what happens to those of whom prosecute my subjects. Leave but none alive." You pause for a moment. "Just don't damage or destroy the place."

"Please await my return, Master," replies Adelhilda, her tone a somewhat... more firm tone than usual. "The scum are but fortunate to be taught a lesson."

Thus, began the slaughter.

--- (Con. with next part) ---

Topping off troubles is a rather alarming geographic news, rather, an unexplainable change- or shift... outside the Distorted Range.
[x] A Mountain simply appeared out of nowhere, it's features seem to imply its origins is from the Distorted Range.

You do figure you'll have to clear out whatever inhabitant is in there sooner or later. For safety of course. But it shouldn't spawn surprises. Though, it'll also make a good hideout... on the inside anyways.

Which on its own isn't much if it weren't for the fact that several problems had been deposited into the local area as well. You think you might be able to deal with one of them entirely. Depending on which one of course. Trying to handle more is... a lesson in futility you think.
[x] A tribe of... foxes? You're no sure what they're supposed to be. You're not familiar with Far Eastern native monsters.

You proceed to move to go after the foxes before they can... leave proper. But they seem to have been heading for one of the forests, the closest one actually.

Well, that's probably a good thing? Or is it a bad thing? After all they...
[ ] Arrived exactly at the same one the Wolves went to... arriving about the same time.
[ ] Didn't manage to make it to there before you caught up.
[ ] Kinda hoodwinked you and now, you're technically trapped by them. Doesn't look like too bad a situation though.

The only bit of good news you seem to have was that well, you had a visitor. One about your age. Well no, about a year younger, and female. Seems to be one from a neighboring village. Something about solidifying relations between the two or at least officially anyways. Potentially at that. You distinctly attach the term 'political marriage' to it. Of course, it is somewhat up to you as well of course. Which is a bit complicated since you only had about a week to decide. Initially. Then, you were informed it was just three days. During that time you...
[x] Were just being your usual self.
Thus you...
[x] Refused it.

You didn't see any reason per say to act or do much differently than you usually did. Which was fine and all in the day really. Until at night... yeah. She did try to peep in at night... but apparently, the scene was just too much for her to handle. You did have the vague feeling she had been trying to sneak in instead though.

As for trying to get information out of her... you honestly don't believe half the things she says about her village. Not because you think she's lying about it... but rather, that they're just possibly half the truth or were true at some point. Or other such complication and all that. Well, if you could have more time you would be able to put more pressure on her... you think she'd probably crack under prolonged pressure. How long though, is another matter.

By the third day, she was already quite... panicked, or at least for some reason. You think Adelhilda was responsible for that. That death glare and all. Isn't that sweet, they're getting along so very well. Maybe Adelhilda made a friend in her. Not. But it's still something you do use to just mess with her.

Oh right. Speaking of which, you did deliberately ignore and overrode her attempts at introducing herself. At least, her name anyways. Repeatedly. Just for kicks. That and besides, if she ain't telling why it's so damned rushed and suspicious to heck and back, there's no reason to learn her name. Which is why you simply refer to her as 'hey you'. It does seem to frustrate her to no end, which is nice, the wide range of exasperated expressions she shows. A few times, you think you see her figuratively slamming her head into the wall.

No, you aren't bullying her. Why ever would you do that? You're just encouraging her to be truthful, that's all. Really. Totally not disproportionate punishment.

Thus the three days comes to a rather... pointless end. Like expected. Well, probably the end of a traumatic experience for the girl, but oh well.

You consider if you should just...
[ ] Prolong her stay. Why you insist.
[ ] Nah, just let her go.
[ ] Something else? (Write In)

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Militia Productions on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 am

Gladius, the Roman foot soldier sword.

Continue to observe the girl and serpents, slowly making you way closer until you can clearly observe. Then wait. How do they respond to your presence.

You are now trapped. Those foxes are cunning, but you are sure you can survive with minimal losses.

Insist she stay.


avatar
Militia Productions

Posts : 53
Join date : 2013-03-05
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by truthswraith on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:45 pm

[X] Arming sword
Might as well break this tie.

[X] Continue with the plan. But keep a eye on the Easterner try to figure out what she is doing. After all it is a bad idea to move with incomplete information.

[X] Arrived exactly at the same one the Wolves went to... arriving about the same time.
Either they fight each other or we get foxes using wargs and we may get a chance to scoop some up. Either way us reading win.

As for what to do with the girl that would be why I wanted to go faux gentleman so we wouldn't have to worry about her returning traumatized if this deal was genuine. Anyway I'll just go with whatever wins out here.


Last edited by truthswraith on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

truthswraith

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by EagleBlue on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:02 am

[X] Gladius

[X] Continue with the plan. But keep a eye on the Easterner try to figure out what she is doing. After all it is a bad idea to move with incomplete information.
[X] Kinda hoodwinked you and now, you're technically trapped by them. Doesn't look like too bad a situation though.
[X] Prolong her stay. Why you insist.


Last edited by EagleBlue on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:29 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
EagleBlue

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Atri on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:34 pm

(X) Rapier
avatar
Atri

Posts : 17
Join date : 2013-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Militia Productions on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:44 pm

To argue the merits of using a Gladius instead of other weapons.

The Rapier is primarily a thrusting weapon. Many decided to add an edge to the blade, but due to it's long and thin blade design, it was never meant to be used in a slicing motion. The thin blade also lends to a weakness versus other blade types. The strongest part of the blade was at the hilt and it only weakened towards the tip. It was mainly a dueling weapon, used in an age of honor duels and really only popular in the wealthier classes. While it was issued for military use, it was the backup weapon to the age of firearms. I do not believe that this weapon is strong enough to penetrate heavy armor as used by Knights, again, because the age it was used in was quickly moving to the use of no armor, as firearms made it functionally obsolete. This is more a light weight, quick weapon used on unarmored infantry. The main "off hand" choice was either a small buckler or a dagger, though it was mostly abandoned after the "lunge" technique was invented.

The Small Sword is the next incarnation of the rapier. It was basically a shorter, lighter version of the rapier that has the same basic flaws of the rapier. It too was a dueling weapon though in it's time was more of a "fashion accessory" then a weapon. It was issued for military use though again as more of a sign of who was an officer then as a backup weapon. It is the precursor to the "spike" bayonet again showing the small thin blade design that lends to a weak blade when against a larger one, and a lack of slicing ability.

The Gladius however is both a thrusting and slicing weapon. It's main use was thrusting into the gut from under the shield, but was useful in slicing with it's thicker blade. The blade was designed for close combat use against armor, as a "backup" to the spear carried by legionnaires. The metal was strong throughout the entire blade, weighted more towards the tip. Designed to be used with a shield, it can still be used as a "backup" to our fire magics. Light weight, yet strong enough to stand up to a mace or longsword if required. Maybe not often, but better than the thinner blades of the rapier and small sword.

avatar
Militia Productions

Posts : 53
Join date : 2013-03-05
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Robotninja on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:54 pm

[X]Gladius

[X] Continue with plan to eliminate the adult Sea Serpents and take, most definitely not enslave, the young.
[X] Kinda hoodwinked you and now, you're technically trapped by them. Doesn't look like too bad a situation though.
[X] Prolong her stay. Why you insist.

Robotninja

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by afterthought53 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:42 pm

[X] Longsword

[X] Continue with plan to eliminate the adult Sea Serpents and take, most definitely not enslave, the young.
[X] Kinda hoodwinked you and now, you're technically trapped by them. Doesn't look like too bad a situation though.
[X] Prolong her stay. Why you insist.
avatar
afterthought53

Posts : 49
Join date : 2013-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 am

[X] Longsword: Short Swords and Rapiers are for Halflings and ambiguously gay men in poofy shirts respectively.

And please note, 'Longsword' in this mention is the D&D Longsword which would be more accurately called an arming sword which is far more susceptible for a fucking Warlord than a roman knife or a duelists weapon. I'm sure the above vote was made with the same intention as well.

[X] Diplomacy? In what matter/way/conditions?

I mean seriously, genocide is messy and we're jumping to conclusions.

[X] Didn't manage to make it to there before you caught up.

We want to be in the position of dominance people.

[X] Prolong her stay. Why you insist.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Ironforge on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:13 am

[X] Longsword

[X] Continue with plan to eliminate the adult Sea Serpents and take, most definitely not enslave, the young.
[X] Kinda hoodwinked you and now, you're technically trapped by them. Doesn't look like too bad a situation though.
[X] Prolong her stay. Why you insist.
avatar
Ironforge

Posts : 259
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by ReinZero on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:37 am

[X] Arming Sword ('Longsword')

The Longsword, or well, rather a Arming Sword. Which is fitting to say the least. And well, you could get in some practice with Herbert or Kyle if you want as they're both capable in it, how much you're unsure of. But that's a bit an excuse you as consider using as building relations around yourself instead of relying on your parents.

Given that Herbert is both your and Kyle's senior, you figure he's better with it than Kyle. But then again, the man seems to be capable with a few other weapons as well, so you're not really sure if that's his best. On the other hand, Kyle's closer to your age, which you think should help you hit it off better with him as opposed to Herbert. But for practice's sake, it'd benefit him more than you... you think.

For your intentions, well, it's not a good idea to split your time between them if you do so. Though on the other hand,

Get in some extra practice'?
[ ] Yes
---[ ] With Herbert
---[ ] With Kyle
[ ] No
---[ ] Though you could socialize a bit with Aaron
---[ ] Don't emphasize focus on fostering relations with any one of them in particular.

[X] Continue with the plan. But keep a eye on the Easterner try to figure out what she is doing. After all it is a bad idea to move with incomplete information.

Well, the plan's pretty salvageable you think, but you postpone it a bit as it's bad to move with incomplete information, like what is the Far Easterner is doing. With that in mind, you focus your attention to try and discern things, though without using magic due consideration that she might pick up on it.

Sea Serpent Adult Herd Size = 52

The size and scale of the herd seems a bit... understated from what you had been informed. Not that its flat out wrong or anything. You just hadn't expected it to be at sufficient combat strength. At least in the vein that'd pose some difficulty for Adelhilda to put them down while protecting you as well. Especially that you hadn't expected one that's that... grand to be present. The leader of the herd you think, though you're not quite sure of it as you do note that it could be considered next in line to inherit control of the herd.

Detection Roll = 3

That very same Sea Serpent seems to glance in your direction. No, it clearly did so, the fact that you recognize the feeling of Adelhilda's presence shoving yours out.

It'd seem it isn't just that grand looking Sea Serpent but also the Far Easterner, as well as a few of the larger seeming Sea Serpents have all turned and are bearing their gazes down upon your group.

"Please, come out from your 'hiding place', eavesdropping is rather unbecoming no?" says the Far Easterner, likely her message being conveyed through wind magic.

With consideration for the safety of your group, you decide to do so. It isn't worth the risk to withdraw at the moment. "Just me and one other, is that fine?" you respond back in kind.

"That's fine," replies the girl. "However if they make any... suspicious movements, I'm sure you understand what would happen, right?"

"Yeah, I do, of course, I would need a guarantee that they don't...," you put as much inflection in your tone as possible.

"There's no need to worry about that- unless you have ill intentions towards them," replies the girl in kind.

In other words, your negotiation on that insurance is invalid and forcing it would be suspect.

You gesture for the others to stay put. "I understand, we'll be over there in a moment."

Though upon your approach the other Sea Serpents in the herd, bar two, one being the one which looks rather grand and one... less so. You're pretty sure the latter isn't a bodyguard. Likewise, you can make out the details of the girl's attire rather more clearly.

Miko Classification = 89

Her attire doesn't merely resemble a combat styled design, but rather it is designed for combat purpose and the general appearance resembling the white upper portion and red lower half is interposed on top of the clothes. You have the vague suspicion that cloth design seems to be based off a variation of the Light Knight's combat attire though not a mainstream one as you'd be able to identify it. Which in this instance, you don't and can't place it.

"I suppose you are the local ruler in this area?" says the girl. No, its not a mistake, it isn't a demand, but a confirmation.

[ ] Your response(s)/answer(s)/actions/questions?

Envoys Cont.

Relocating Elves = 12+15 = 27 / 50

Relocating Elves Risk Factor = 58+28 = 86 / 100

Prosecuting Nation's Fail Results = 292 / 100

The progress update is rather... horrid. From initial reports. With what the nations under the Church's influence and sway all bloody pitching in, with a series of repeated close calls and several engagements in the process.

Not a pretty sight you'd imagine. But the later reports were rather... interesting. Rather, sabotage on one of the nation's side of things. The Kingdom of Alteria to be exact, seems to have a rather unsteady relations with the Church, increasingly so that is, though only merely keeping with them due not wanting all of its fellow neighbors to jump on a excuse to carve out portions of its lands for themselves.

Relocating Elves Assisted Movement Pace = 17+27 = 44 / 50

Relocating Elves Risk Factor = 86-20 = 66 / 100

If anything, its rather impressive how effectively they handled things. Not only did they throw off the forces of the Helforten Kingdom through a rather convoluted series of misdirection, interference, and other factors... though less than straight out pure assistance for their own sake, they even helped guide the Elves and aided them in rapidly moving across their territory. Straight through it actually, figuratively speaking.

Which leaves a mere two kingdoms left to traverse before they arrive. Oh and then there's the matter of how to respond to a letter from Alteria. Which is a sort of complete curiosity as to the reason for the Elves to head to you instead of... other, easier alternatives. Or settling in their own territory for instance. You think there's a chance for establishing relations between you and them... and potentially, a future ally.

You'd have to do a bit of research on the other kingdoms first though. Like who the hell name that kingdom 'Helforten'. The blazes is that?

High Elves Cont.

Its entirely one sided, no matter what the Zealots and Crusaders do, their efforts are for naught. Simply, they lack the power and coordination to put up anything resembling resistance against Adelhilda.

In a sense and in within itself, it becomes quickly obvious that there is truly little support or backing behind the Church forces in this instance. At least, what is mustered here that is.

Without pause or even notice, the Church Enforcer attached to the forces is summarily struck down during the midst of it all. Then again, it wasn’t a significant or capable person either, which is telling of how important this is.

Except for maybe one. A total accident maybe.

Moving to clear out the last ‘batch’ of remaining scum- numbering a mere twenty- Adelhilda spots a irregularity, though seeming what the remaining Church forces are gathering around, having completely abandoned attempt at a withdrawal and their extermination of the Elves.

Blond hair, a bit pale blue eyes, formal Church styled... knightly armor. ‘A Order Knight? No matter.’

As the ‘knight’s’ mouth begins to move to say something, only two of the two remains. The ‘knight’ spared through his own reflexes, combined with a bit of pure luck- from a outsider’s point of view. The last part mainly due saving one of the two remaining Crusaders in the group.

Of course, with the amount of ice magic saturating the area from Adelhilda’s one sided assault, that leaves them with little to no room to maneuver or survive the next attack. Only a mere delay due to a combination of two factors gave them a brief respite.

First, Adelhilda’s consideration to leave one alive for her master to use as a messenger, a warning to the Church to say, in the clear terms of ‘do not fuck around in my backyard’.

A Crusader would have been ideal for it, as one would be summarily executed afterwards for their failure. A Zealot would likely refuse to deliver the message or even survive the trek back to deliver it successfully to begin with. The Order Knight though, would likely be taken a more seriously and thus potentially backfire depending on various factors, like the ‘knight’s’ personality, standing, and connections.

The second reason is more plain and simple, the ‘knight’ didn’t let Adehilda’s attack interrupt him and made his case quickly, “I surrender, I’m not with this bloodly lot.”

The Crusader is rather staring daggers at him as if in complete disbelief. Then again, that’s to be expected as Order Knights are still significantly closer to a proper knight in comparison to Crusaders.

“What? The Cardinal’s just paying me in the event his pet overseer needed a getaway. It isn’t my fault the idiot got himself killed because he was too stupid to flee. No, that he even told me to bug off,” replies the Order Knight with clear annoyance in his tone. He gestures to Adelhilda, “If you’re going to kill me anyways, mind if I get a duel with you then madam?”

[ ] Use...
---[ ] The Crusader as the messenger
------[ ] Kill the Order Knight outright.
------[ ] Give the Order Knight the duel and kill him, the difference in power and ability is enough to guarantee your victory anyways.
------[ ] Something else planned for the Order Knight (Write In)
---[ ] The Order Knight as the messenger and kill the Crusader.
[ ] Kill them both, there’s no need for a messenger.
[ ] Something Else? (Write In)

[X] Kinda hoodwinked you and now, you're technically trapped by them. Doesn't look like too bad a situation though.

You motion for your men to stand down as the situation itself is a rather telling clue. Much like the instance with the Sea Serpents, though worse in a ways if they had taken the initiative instead of pretty much forcing you to meet with them on their terms.

The smell of blood and lack of elf corpses is telling as to what likely transpired. But you can’t rule out their concealment of any such deeds- murdering the elves that is, though your exact situation and intuition tells you its not the case.

“You are the leader of the ones trailing us correct?” says whom you assume to be the leader or representative of the herd of foxes. Its tone is rather heavily accented, much like you’d expect from being so far from its native region.

“Yes, that’s correct,” you reply simply, “you can understand, the entire occurrence of that appearing from nowhere in my backyard.”

“The worry is... understandable,” replies the fox in turn. It pauses for a moment and seems to converse in another tongue, their native language you think. After a few moments, it speaks in the language you do know, “You are the one these... ‘elves’ here call Magnus von Kilmaster, correct?”

You note that it nearly butchered your name due to its heavy accent. But that’s fine, at least you have an idea of what to expect from foreigners from that region. That aside you’re pretty sure they did murder the wolves, or at least subdued them. The elves on the other hand... probably were scared shitless, you think, after all, that training Adelhilda had punt them through should be a good indicator of the norm. “Yes, that’s right, and you are?”

“I am Kimura, Kai. No, I suppose by your place’s linguistics that’s backwards,” replies the fox. It- no, he nods and clears its throat before speaking again, “I am Kai Kimura, the formerly acting head of this tribe.”

“Formerly?” you repeat, though more of a question than not. For a split second anyways. You think you understand. “The dislocation broke up the tribe proper thus leading to you assuming temporary leadership to gather the members scattered to here. Afterwards, a proper selection was made to determine leadership for the fraction of the tribe stranded here, and the lack of a formal name for the introduction of the tribe means matters haven’t been entirely worked out yet, correct?”

“Yes, that’s mostly correct,” replies the fox by the name of ‘Kai Kimura’. “Though that will have to wait, you understand no?”

“Yeah, securing a place to call home... away from home, while all the same, our presence and timing is also another matter, correct?”

“Of course, though you do understand what’s needed, if you wish to deal with of us.”

You think you see a grin. But well, that’s understandable, he knows as well as you know that what they need is not information. As that seems to have been already gleaned off the elves. No, that was already apparent from the fact they already were waiting for you and know enough to broach the subject on even grounds with you.

As if to confirm the final exact details of the situation at hand, Adelhilda both confirms the safety of the elves while tracing the exact number of their total count on your back and out of their sight. Including the ones not present.

Kitsune Herd Size = 51

Which you’re pretty sure then that the mere twenty-four present is probably also meant to keep their younger members and any diluted members of their community that was stranded with them, concealed from view. Likely for more even footing in dealings with you.

Oh well, that act in and within itself is useful for your purposes. Plus with your to-be subjects alive still, that’s also something to take into consideration. You do note that Adelhilda’s lack of confirmation on their exact status and more is rather telling in its own way and probably the limit as far as she’s able to manage without drawing attention to her assistance in the negotiations.

[ ] How do you wish to deal with the negotiations over their prolonged stay/stranded-ness in your backyard?

Note: The matter at hand is relevant to Church stance and presence.

[X] Prolong her stay. Why you insist.

The girl tried to keep her own feelings over the matter of leaving at the end of the three days concealed but... well, between your actions and Adelhilda’s ‘friendly’ glares, she failed pretty badly. It is rather easy, boringly so, to tell that she both does want to carry out the duty she was tasked with... while at the same time, really wanting this to be over.

Of course, that won’t do. Messing with you isn’t something she should be given over a matter of its conclusion. All you do to ensure she does stay more? Its rather simple given what her frustration is fixated upon.

“Hey you,” you call out to her, not quite offhandedly, but still a bit as to not draw suspicions over what you’ve had planned out.

“Hmp,” the girl feigns ignorance of you, though you do know she really isn’t.

“Hey, stalker girl,” you call again. A fitting nickname given that is one of the things she did the most over the course of the three days.

“I am not a stalker! I have a name you know!” snaps the girl in turn.

Maybe literally as well. “Oh? You had a name?”

“Yes, my na-”

“You don’t have one presently no?” you interrupt, capitalizing on your exact words, “So ‘stalker girl’ fits you perfectly no?”

“Don’t make up names for other people!” The girl seems to be fuming, how nice.

You gesture for Adelhilda to cool her off. Which she does... with much enthusiasm. Ah, how nice, stalker girl’s high pitched scream is but a second to the very nice view she presents.

“Yo-you!” stammers the girl indiligently.

“Ah Adelhilda, why don’t you show ‘stalker girl’ here her room, she said she wanted to stay here, permanently,” you say with a complete and utterly false smile plastered across your face.

The blood simply drains from the girl’s face. “Wa-wait! I didn’t say that!”

“Oh? And here I was thinking you wanted me to help warm you up a bit, after all, isn’t that a bit tad cold?” you continue, ignoring her plight as if she’s joking around.

“No-no I don’t!”

“You don’t?”

“I don’t!”

“Ah alright, so you don’t want to leave. I understand,” you say, smiling. “Ain’t that right Adelhilda?”

“Yes, perfectly, Master,” replies Adelhilda in kind while staring down an increasingly shaky ‘stalker girl’.

You motion to Adelhilda to stop that for a moment. “So, we’re in agreement then?”

“...,” the girl drops to the ground and lowers her head dejected, “I suppose so.”

--- (Con. with next part) ---

ReinZero

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by truthswraith on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:26 am

Jesus this thread dropped in speed massively.

truthswraith

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silence of the Skies (A BQ Empire Builder)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum