Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storekeeper Quest

+6
Wing101
Ironforge
ReinZero
Karogas
Psyckosama
Kelenas
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Storekeeper Quest - Page 4 Empty Re: Storekeeper Quest

Post by Atri Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Well, surely there are a lot of expert gardeners in the village. Another good opportunity to socialize!
Atri
Atri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:30 pm

[x] "Well sir, I am Adan Tethras, a alchemist by trade you see and since I know you fellows are adventures and that I will most likely make my best trades with people of your trade. I figured once I closed up shop today and if you where in town I should try to see if I could come up with a way talk with you guys then, an see if I could make some new friends. As I figured friends could make the best customers. Though once I got here and saw you guys I couldn't think of any real good ice breakers to start things off, which lead us here. So how about I buy you guys a round of drinks for my rudeness and see if we can try this again ok?"

1d100 +10 (good write-in) -5 (bad initial disposition) = 89

=====

“Told you it was something like that,” an orcish woman amongst the group calls over triumphantly, earning a grumble from the one who’d confronted you. The two look very similar, in a manner that makes you think that they might be related.

“I still think it’s suspicious. First he keeps giving us looks and supposedly can’t get his mouth open, now he’s talking all fluent and smooth.”

“Well, nothing says you can’t still keep an eye on him, though you might want to do so a bit less confrontational,” a slightly older-looking human man with a full beard interjects diplomatically.

“Alright then, new friend Adan, please join us. You already had the pleasure of meeting Marcek and his cousin Kiresh, and this Lihan.” A deeply-tanned elf greets you with a broad grin and somewhat lazy wave. “Lastly, I’m Dorem. Now, why don’t you tell us what you had in mind, exactly?”

[x] Business proposition?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:43 pm

[x] "Well I know that in your line of work you guys come across all kinds of weird, interesting and rare herbs an reagents that could make very potent potions and other goods for my trade. Plus, you could also find old or forgotten lore on my craft that could help me becoming a better alchemist.

So I figured I could offer to give you guys a standing discount of 20% for goods at my store, so when you find such things you come to first me to sell or trade. Plus, if you come across any problems that might need a alchemists knowledge to handle, I'll be happy to help at no charge if you only need some answers.

So would something like that be agreeable to you gentlemen and lady?"
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat May 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Sorry for the delay, but I helped Psycko with organizing some stuff for his quest, which took a while.
I'll see about writing an update tomorrow or the day after, though I'd hoped for more than just one vote...
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat May 04, 2013 6:59 pm

[x] plan ironforge

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Tue May 07, 2013 8:15 am

[x] "Well I know that in your line of work you guys come across all kinds of weird, interesting and rare herbs an reagents that could make very potent potions and other goods for my trade. Plus, you could also find old or forgotten lore on my craft that could help me becoming a better alchemist.

So I figured I could offer to give you guys a standing discount of 20% for goods at my store, so when you find such things you come to first me to sell or trade. Plus, if you come across any problems that might need a alchemists knowledge to handle, I'll be happy to help at no charge if you only need some answers.

So would something like that be agreeable to you gentlemen and lady?"

1d100 + 20 = 38

=====

“Alright,” Dorem says leaning back in his chair, “if I understand this correctly, we get a discout at your shop, but in return, whenever we find something related to alchemy in our adventures, we have to try and sell it to you, first, before we can take it to someone else.”

He lets his gaze wander over his companions to gauge their reactions. Lihan and Kiresh both shrug non-commitally, while Marcek grimaces again. The man sighs before turning his attention back to you.

“Well, I think it’s not a bad offer, but it seems we will have to debate this amongst ourselves for a bit.” He shrugged and spread his hands in a helpless manner. “Would you mind if we gave you our answer tomorrow, or the day after?”
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue May 07, 2013 11:33 am

[x] "Sure. Take all time you need. An I guess on that note, I'll be heading off. So goodnight gentlemen and lady. An I hope the next time I see you, you will have some good news for me."
[x] Head out with a friendly grin and go home.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Mon May 13, 2013 12:43 pm

[x] "Sure. Take all time you need. An I guess on that note, I'll be heading off. So goodnight gentlemen and lady. An I hope the next time I see you, you will have some good news for me."

[x] Head out with a friendly grin and go home.

You share some parting words with the group, and it seems like they are already starting to debate their plans and your proposal even before you’ve reached the inn’s door.

On your way home, you can’t help but think about it. You believe you have a strong proponent in Dorem, who seems to be the group’s leader. Or maybe its spokeperson, at least. On the other hand, Marcek didn’t seem to like you, and you didn’t really get a good impression of Kiresh and Lihan to even start guessing how they might lean.

You can’t really think of anything that might sway things even more in your favor, but then again it’s already late; maybe you’ll come up with something tomorrow.

And now that you’re thinking about it, tomorrow is the last day of your first week here in the village. With shops and stores usually closed on weekend, you’ll have to think about what you want to do tomorrow.

Results:
Weekly Money-requirements [597/600]
Villager Acquaintance [251/1000]
+10 to next business/shop-management roll

GM-Notice:
The last day of every week is meant for your character to relax. You *can* work, if you wish to, but it’s not a good idea..
How you want to spend the day is up to you; you could hole up at home to read or sleep, walk around the village, visit someone or someplace specific, etc.

Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon May 13, 2013 6:42 pm

[x] Head out and have a day on the town, getting to know everyone better and just enjoy what the town has to offer.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 pm

[x] Head out and have a day on the town, getting to know everyone better and just enjoy what the town has to offer.

Locking the door behind you, you place the key in your pocket and take a deep, long breath of the crisp morning air before setting out.

The market being hold today is still being set up, with merchants from outside and farmers alike setting up their stands, and the tavern-part of the inn is still closed. So, with no particular goal in mind, you simply stroll through the village, occasionally stopping to rest and take in your surroundings, or exchange greetings or chat with people you encounter. Like the proprietor of the bakery, a fairly short orc with a potbelly and hands the size of shovels, or the owner of the woodmill, an elf who apparently lost his arm many years ago in an accident.

You also run into the chimera couple running the village’s general store, though you share only a few words with them; going by their baskets and the backpack the cat-type carries, they likely intend to spend the day on a picnic-trip.

It is in the afternoon when you finally get back to the village center where the market is slowly petering out, and you use the opportunity to cheaply buy your groceries from farmers who’re happy to have less to carry home.

On your way back, you suddenly notice someone walking besides you, who turns out to be the elf form the group of adventurers you met with yesterday, greeting you with another broad grin and wave.

“Mind if I give you a hand? I got something to talk about with you, and I’d rather do it in private, if ya don’t mind.”

Your anser:

[x] ?

Results:
Weekly Money-requirements [met]
Villager Acquaintance (+150) = [401/1000]
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu May 30, 2013 5:04 pm

[x] "Sure and thanks for the help. An if you want private place, we can talk at my place while I prepare dinner. Though I got ask, will you be joining me or will your talk only be brief?"

Because friendly dwarf, is best dwarf. Very Happy
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu May 30, 2013 5:42 pm

[x] "Sure and thanks for the help. An if you want private place, we can talk at my place while I prepare dinner. Though I got ask, will you be joining me or will your talk only be brief?"

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:45 am

“No problem, though I’ll pass on the food; shouldn’t take that long. But thanks for the offer,” the elf replies good-naturedly. He chats with you about a few inconsequential things on your way back to your shop and home, where he helps you put your groceries away. As you start taking out your cooking utensils and working on your food, he clears his throat.

“Alright, then. About your proposition yesterday,” he begins. “Things’re still split. Dorem is in favor, Marcek is against it, and both are trying to convince me and Kiresh of their position. Now, personally I don’t really care one way or another. It’s a pretty good offer, sure, but only if we stay around in the long term, which is far from a given. For all I know we’ll just end up doing a single excursion here and then move on, in which case being forced to sell our stuff to you first might end up costing us more than we’d save through the discount.”

He shrugs.

“But, I’d be willing to throw in my lot with Dorem and try to persuade Kiresh if you’re willing to do me a favor in turn. Y’see, Kiresh and I are together, but we don’t really get much ‘alone time’, if you understand what I mean. Dorem’s a bit uptight and prude, and Marcek thinks I’m not good enough for his cousin. If it was just one of them we could avoid him easily, but with both the last time we managed that was over a month ago. So, I’d like something from you that’ll get rid of one of them, preferrably Marcek. Nothing dangerous or truly harmful, of course; maybe something that I can put in the food and it’ll give him a bad case of the runs, or knock him out for a bit. Think you can do that?”

He looks at you expectantly.

Your answer:
[x] ?

Results:
Weekly Money-requirements [met]
Villager Acquaintance (+150) = [401/1000]

GM-Note: I advise you to think this over *VERY* carefully.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:14 am

[x] Thinking on his words for a moment to fully process them while we fry some bacon. "Well that might work for you in the short run, but I'm sure both of them would catch onto something like that fast and once they do, come down on you two all the harder for it. An agreeing to do something like that would be a disservice to you for your help.

So instead how about we try to see if we can think of a away to solves this for the long term an get one or both of those guys off your two's backs? As a outsiders help here might be what you need to get past this and if I can't help their I can still always still brew that potion you need an I'll even throw in a way for you two to get some alone time together here, by "hiring" you two for some work. Which should be able to get the other two out of your hair for the rest of the day at least an give you all the time you need."
-If given the go ahead with that idea, ask about how Dorem is a prude. Is it because they are not married, is it because they are really kinky, is it because that's just the way he was brought up or is it something else? Then ask about why Marcek is against them being together. Is it because he thinks his cousin can do better, is it because him and Marcek don't really get alone, is it because Marcek only respects a certain strength that he has yet to so or is it something else?
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:59 am

So, I take it there's no other votes or ideas?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Kelenas wrote:So, I take it there's no other votes or ideas?
Looks like it sadly.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:40 pm

[x] Ironforge

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Yeah, I'll probably can this game. If it takes 2+ weeks and the GM specifically prodding to get additional votes, there can't really be that much interest.

Thinking of maybe re-booting it as the variant where you control the clerk of one of those Little Shops That Weren't There Yesterday. Travel around the multiverse with your shop, and screw around in local affairs by selling magical items, artifacts, character-traits, skills, powers, and whatnot. Maybe that'll be more popular.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Kelenas wrote:Yeah, I'll probably can this game. If it takes 2+ weeks and the GM specifically prodding to get additional votes, there can't really be that much interest.

Thinking of maybe re-booting it as the variant where you control the clerk of one of those Little Shops That Weren't There Yesterday. Travel around the multiverse with your shop, and screw around in local affairs by selling magical items, artifacts, character-traits, skills, powers, and whatnot. Maybe that'll be more popular.
One can only hope.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum