A Galatea for You

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:Well, nothing quite so over the top. You had time constraints.

But you do manage to reduce it to simply a breakfast dispenser with a defensive option...

But you do give it two additional settings. Now it can provide "English" "Continental" and "Country" breakfasts.

I make a mental note to stay away from 'English'. The 'me' part of me because it's actually had a traditional breakfast of that kind and went 'never again'. The Heterodyne part of me, because ... well, 'traditional English breakfast' means a whole 'nother thing when your country is ruled by Her Undead Majesty.

She'll take Country....

When you pull the trigger it looks like you're charging up the wave motion gun, she gets defensive and then...

DING!

Briskets and Sausage Gravy with fresh Grits! ^_^

"I do hope it's to your liking ^_^."

I'll have continental myself. Nothing like a shot of sugar, caffeine and light fluffy pastries to start the day off with. Yum.

Breakfast is consumed. I eat quickly myself, though with the kind of impeccable manners instilled into a child long ago by a rather strict governess.

"I confess, this is somewhat embarrassing," I say when I'm done and left with only coffee to sip. "I don't really remember much of last night, only that there was a certain amount of alcohol and revelry involved. Oh, and Elvis appears to have been somehow involved. That appears the extent to my recollection. What of yourself, miss?"

Pause.

"Ah, but I have been remiss. I had been assuming to have already introduced myself. Please, pardon the boorishness. I am Faustus Amadeus Heterodyne ... Modi to my friends."
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:

OOC you will need a proper Sayian name.

"Galatea."

OOC: What is a proper Sayain name? I'm obviously not Krakarot, though I am tempted to call myself Brolly Smile

Otherwise, there is no language commonality, so I went with an expy name.

IC:
"So" I pause in the devouring of my moderate meal "Tell me about yourself. Then, I'll tell you about me and we can work out what we will do next. Sound like a plan?"

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by GundamChief on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:33 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She looks on in a bit of horror...

I pause for a moment, and properly set up the next portion....before devouring it. :p

"Okay. What the fuck are you and why the fuck are you on this planet. What's the deal with your species and where the hell are you from..."

Nom Nom Nom

"As I said, I'm a Sayian. A human like species, just much more aggressive. I'm on this planet because it's my home, I was raised here since I was a baby though I hail from another world originally."

Nom Nom Nom

"As for what's the deal? We're warriors. Some of the best in the universe. You can count on one hand the races in the galaxy that could rival the Sayians in sheer power, capability and potential. Hell...we even fought the Kryptonians, we like them due to the fact that they were one of the few races able to kick our asses when they really tried. We always came back for more when we weren't doing our other ass kicking things."

Nom Nom Nom

"As for where I'm from, from a world that was called Vegeta. Homeworld of the Sayians. Destroyed due to a civil war...at least that's what is officially said. In reality, a space warlord named Frieza, who claims that only something like Galactus could take him on, blew up our world because we rebelled against his tyranical rule. Fortunately some of our race escaped and live nomadically, traveling the galaxy. Mostly as criminals and mercenaries...unfortunately...and basically are in hiding to keep from being tracked by Freiza's empire."

Nom Nom Nom
avatar
GundamChief

Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 34
Location : Alaska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well if I manage to make the "IMMA SUPAH HEERO!" claim quick enough, they might not do horrible things to me later....I hope...

You might convince Fury. Cadmus on the otherhand...

Darn well at least it was something. I'll try something more in depth and outside once I get the chance, for now I just wait until Galatea comes back. When or if she does I'll gesture to the plate infront of me. Otherwise I'll ask, "Well am I going to need to worry about an enraged father anytime soon?" I make a wry grin in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Nah. I can get plenty enraged myself. After all... you technically don't exist. So who the hell are you really?"

mithril-blade wrote:Hah, but is defined by it? If so, how? If not, by how much?

In short, let me wear the damn female clothing already! It's a vital part of answering these questions.

Why the fuck are you so insistent besides the desire to aggravate the GM?


I hope so. A world where one doesn't like platains is not one worth living.

Fair enough.


"I sure hope not. I really don't want to be widowed this soon"

She gives you a strange look.

"A call Sure. There's a..umm..mickey mouse cordless on the kitchen. I can stay here till your done."

It's not that I have a telephone because I got telephone landline. It's that I got a landline exactly because I have a mickey mouse telephone. That's all the justificationn I need.

She chuckles. "I have a cell so if you'll excuse me..."

She sneaks off into the other room.

Rieverre wrote:I make a mental note to stay away from 'English'. The 'me' part of me because it's actually had a traditional breakfast of that kind and went 'never again'. The Heterodyne part of me, because ... well, 'traditional English breakfast' means a whole 'nother thing when your country is ruled by Her Undead Majesty.

In this case "English" means the generic "English Fry" meaning for it... which is a full breakfast with sausages, egg, bacon, potato hash, ect. It lacks the more individual and gross local specialties like Kidney and "pudding" sausages.

"I do hope it's to your liking ^_^."

She ties it. "Not bad for something that shot out of a cannon."

I'll have continental myself. Nothing like a shot of sugar, caffeine and light fluffy pastries to start the day off with. Yum.

It's not bad.

Breakfast is consumed. I eat quickly myself, though with the kind of impeccable manners instilled into a child long ago by a rather strict governess.

Tea seems to be a bit enthusiastic. By now she'd have had her knuckles rapped at least thrice.

"I confess, this is somewhat embarrassing," I say when I'm done and left with only coffee to sip. "I don't really remember much of last night, only that there was a certain amount of alcohol and revelry involved. Oh, and Elvis appears to have been somehow involved. That appears the extent to my recollection. What of yourself, miss?"

"And the less of the night is just because girly drinks taste like fruit juice and candy doesn't mean they don't have enough alcohol to kill a yak."

"Ah, but I have been remiss. I had been assuming to have already introduced myself. Please, pardon the boorishness. I am Faustus Amadeus Heterodyne ... Modi to my friends."

"Galatea."

OOC roll a d6. The higher you get the more you're Heterodyne sense picks up the fact she's a construct from that. It's a VERY popular name for female consturcts that Galatea. Razz

Finbar wrote:OOC: What is a proper Sayain name? I'm obviously not Krakarot, though I am tempted to call myself Brolly Smile

Otherwise, there is no language commonality, so I went with an expy name.

Vegetable pun.

Radditz: Raddish
Vegeta: Vegetable
Kakarot: Carrot
Broly: Broccoli
Paragus: Asparagus
Turles: Lettuce
Bardock: Burdock
Nappa: Nappa (Cabbages)

And you're not broly.

IC:
"So" I pause in the devouring of my moderate meal "Tell me about yourself. Then, I'll tell you about me and we can work out what we will do next. Sound like a plan?"

She's a little horrified by your eating habits. "How about... you start."

GundamChief wrote:I pause for a moment, and properly set up the next portion....before devouring it. :p

"Where do you put it all?"

Nom Nom Nom

"As I said, I'm a Sayian. A human like species, just much more aggressive. I'm on this planet because it's my home, I was raised here since I was a baby though I hail from another world originally."

"Wait, you were raised here? Then why hasn't anyone heard of you?"

Nom Nom Nom

"As for what's the deal? We're warriors. Some of the best in the universe. You can count on one hand the races in the galaxy that could rival the Sayians in sheer power, capability and potential. Hell...we even fought the Kryptonians, we like them due to the fact that they were one of the few races able to kick our asses when they really tried. We always came back for more when we weren't doing our other ass kicking things."

She scowls slightly and you get a bit of a smirk when she hears Kryptonians can kick your ass.

Nom Nom Nom

"As for where I'm from, from a world that was called Vegeta. Homeworld of the Sayians. Destroyed due to a civil war...at least that's what is officially said. In reality, a space warlord named Frieza, who claims that only something like Galactus could take him on, blew up our world because we rebelled against his tyranical rule. Fortunately some of our race escaped and live nomadically, traveling the galaxy. Mostly as criminals and mercenaries...unfortunately...and basically are in hiding to keep from being tracked by Freiza's empire."

Nom Nom Nom

"I'll need to know more about this Freiza. So why are you on this planet, what kind of powers do you have, how dangerous is this Freiza guy, and who the hell is Galactus...?"

After you finish the QA, she says she needs to make a call.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:In this case "English" means the generic "English Fry" meaning for it... which is a full breakfast with sausages, egg, bacon, potato hash, ect. It lacks the more individual and gross local specialties like Kidney and "pudding" sausages.

Also, they do atrocious things to tomatoes.

Still, that's good. I was half-afraid the setting would somehow dispense a hogtied village virgin, knife and chalice.

"And the less of the night is just because girly drinks taste like fruit juice and candy doesn't mean they don't have enough alcohol to kill a yak."

Wince. "Ah. _Those_. I was fortunate enough to have been warned about those." Where mother couldn't hear. Dad had the astonishing good sense to not recount his Parisian adventures and the life lessons learned therein within her earshot, at least, but claimed it was a collection of things every young man setting off into the world should know. From 'make sure never to imbibe anything before ascertaining its chemical composition' to 'always make sure she's actually a she'.

Then wait until she's _not_ chewing anything or drinking and go: "Though I suppose I'm simply delaying the inevitable, as I'm reasonably certain I did not go to sleep with one of these on my finger."

Raise hand. Wedding band goes 'glint'.

"Galatea."

OOC roll a d6. The higher you get the more you're Heterodyne sense picks up the fact she's a construct from that. It's a VERY popular name for female consturcts that Galatea. Razz

Rollan.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:31 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 5

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:42 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Vegetable pun.

Radditz: Raddish
Vegeta: Vegetable
Kakarot: Carrot
Broly: Broccoli
Paragus: Asparagus
Turles: Lettuce
Bardock: Burdock
Nappa: Nappa (Cabbages)

And you're not broly.

Then I shall be Leik and the world shall Retcon me to having said that instaid of Fin


She's a little horrified by your eating habits. "How about... you start."

I shrug and quickly devour a bacon and egg and toast and cheese sandwich "Sure, I'm Leik, I'm a Sayain Warrior of the Sayain Army. I crashed outside of town about a month ago and got distracted. I mean, normally, I'd have just beaten up the planet, taken anything cool, logged it in the logs for Veggeta, thats the King and claimed the world in the Sayain Name. But I got distracted. I was looking for a place where I could get some spare parts......and got distracted, then found Religion."

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:12 am

Rieverre wrote:Also, they do atrocious things to tomatoes.

Will not disagree.

Still, that's good. I was half-afraid the setting would somehow dispense a hogtied village virgin, knife and chalice.

No, that's the ROMANIAN breakfast setting...

What?

Wince. "Ah. _Those_. I was fortunate enough to have been warned about those." Where mother couldn't hear. Dad had the astonishing good sense to not recount his Parisian adventures and the life lessons learned therein within her earshot, at least, but claimed it was a collection of things every young man setting off into the world should know. From 'make sure never to imbibe anything before ascertaining its chemical composition' to 'always make sure she's actually a she'.

Both Dads. Yes. You have two dads. Two biological fathers.

SCIENCE!
Very Happy

Then wait until she's _not_ chewing anything or drinking and go: "Though I suppose I'm simply delaying the inevitable, as I'm reasonably certain I did not go to sleep with one of these on my finger."

Raise hand. Wedding band goes 'glint'.

She blinks then looks at her own hand. "Yeah. I'm in so much fucking trouble," she sighs. "Daddy's going to kill me."

This and your roll... well you assume daddy is her creator and from her physical form and fitness she's some form of high end construct. From her beauty you know someone has pride in their work, while from the way she walks she's obviously trained in combat, and then you have her physique which while compact is very strong. You also remember a naivety about her that reflects she doesn't have much personal experience. The name pretty much set off warning bells. Your experience picked up on the rest.

And that's not even counting the fact you already knew, but to your madboy senses she might as well as been waving around a sign that said "I AM A SUPER SOLDIER WHO WAS CREATED IN A LAB!"

Finbar wrote:Then I shall be Leik and the world shall Retcon me to having said that instaid of Fin

Works Smile


I shrug and quickly devour a bacon and egg and toast and cheese sandwich "Sure, I'm Leik, I'm a Sayain Warrior of the Sayain Army. I crashed outside of town about a month ago and got distracted. I mean, normally, I'd have just beaten up the planet, taken anything cool, logged it in the logs for Veggeta, thats the King and claimed the world in the Sayain Name. But I got distracted. I was looking for a place where I could get some spare parts......and got distracted, then found Religion."

She goes a bit agape before narrowing her eyes. "So you're some kind of alien conqueror... and what do you mean you found religion."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:
She goes a bit agape before narrowing her eyes. "So you're some kind of alien conqueror... and what do you mean you found religion."

I shrug and devour another two sandwiches and then top up her Coffee from my own Jug and take a swig of my own coffee. How benevolant and Kind I have become since crashing on this planet. The ideals of the Brothers of Metal and the Lord Dickenson have stayed with me.

"Well, After I crashed, I packed up and Capsule'd me ship and flew for the nearest life-source. I was flying across the desert when I saw it....." My face goes a bit blank as I remember that holy moment. "A pillar of light, backed by Flames. Fifty Thousand voices screaming in rage and fury. I heard a Devil Screaming. I heard an Angel Singing. It was the pounding of Creation's Hammer on the Anvil of the Universe. You ever have a moment where you suddenly know, beyond all doubt that you have found your place in the Universe? I had that moment. I found Metal."

He leans across the table to the beaten looking CD player and reverently presses play "I listen to their music each morning"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0sW7KOFhU

I grin as the Drums and Grinding Base scream out "That very moment, when some random Immortal handed me a beer and punched the sky.....I said Fuck Vegetta. Fuck the Army. This is my new homeworld."

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:44 am

Finbar wrote:I shrug and devour another two sandwiches and then top up her Coffee from my own Jug and take a swig of my own coffee. How benevolant and Kind I have become since crashing on this planet. The ideals of the Brothers of Metal and the Lord Dickenson have stayed with me.

Heh.

"Well, After I crashed, I packed up and Capsule'd me ship and flew for the nearest life-source. I was flying across the desert when I saw it....." My face goes a bit blank as I remember that holy moment. "A pillar of light, backed by Flames. Fifty Thousand voices screaming in rage and fury. I heard a Devil Screaming. I heard an Angel Singing. It was the pounding of Creation's Hammer on the Anvil of the Universe. You ever have a moment where you suddenly know, beyond all doubt that you have found your place in the Universe? I had that moment. I found Metal."

She looks on at you in stunned shock. "So you're telling me... you were going to try and take over the world... but you stopped... and instead decided to move here... because you found religion, and by religion you mean Heavy Metal."

She sighs "So how powerful are you?"

He leans across the table to the beaten looking CD player and reverently presses play "I listen to their music each morning"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0sW7KOFhU

I grin as the Drums and Grinding Base scream out "That very moment, when some random Immortal handed me a beer and punched the sky.....I said Fuck Vegetta. Fuck the Army. This is my new homeworld."

"Yeah. About that. I need to make a call... in then next room,"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:Still, that's good. I was half-afraid the setting would somehow dispense a hogtied village virgin, knife and chalice.

No, that's the ROMANIAN breakfast setting...

What?

Well, when you consider Europa and Her Undead Majesty of the British Empire ... and how she most likely got that way ... it's probably both.

Both Dads. Yes. You have two dads. Two biological fathers.
SCIENCE! Very Happy

I rather got that from the self-examination in the mirror, yes, but only one of them had such ... interesting and varied experiences in Paris. The other mostly spent that time complaining about those.

She blinks then looks at her own hand. "Yeah. I'm in so much fucking trouble," she sighs. "Daddy's going to kill me."

This and your roll... well you assume daddy is her creator and from her physical form and fitness she's some form of high end construct. From her beauty you know someone has pride in their work, while from the way she walks she's obviously trained in combat, and then you have her physique which while compact is very strong. You also remember a naivety about her that reflects she doesn't have much personal experience. The name pretty much set off warning bells. Your experience picked up on the rest.

And that's not even counting the fact you already knew, but to your madboy senses she might as well as been waving around a sign that said "I AM A SUPER SOLDIER WHO WAS CREATED IN A LAB!"

Considering how at least two of my three parents are about 'self improvement', not even mentioning the whole SCIENCE part of my own conception ... it would be horribly hypocritical of me to hold that against her. Hells, I've probably had 'work done' myself, nevermind the hereditary effects of the Dyne.

Still ...

"I do hope that was hyperbole, my dear. Though the situation is awkward, I would hate for anyone, least of all yourself, to come to misadventure because of it."
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:56 am

Psyckosama wrote:

She looks on at you in stunned shock. "So you're telling me... you were going to try and take over the world... but you stopped... and instead decided to move here... because you found religion, and by religion you mean Heavy Metal."

She sighs "So how powerful are you?"

"Well, yeah. Seriously, you have no idea. I've heard string instruments by the thousand. Pipes, Woodwind, keyboard, but in all the Galaxy, there is nothing. Nothing like Heavy Metal. "

I pause to snack down a half dozen slices of toast with eggs and bacon

"You not hungry? Anyway, how strong? I'm a Sayain! I can explode a mountain if I choose to. I mean, I'm not sure how I'd do against Superman, but..... ya know what? I'm willing to bet that even if, somehow, I did loose, I'd make him work for it



"Yeah. About that. I need to make a call... in the next room,"

I shrug "Go for it, I'm still hungry, you sure you dont want anything more?"

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:08 am

Rieverre wrote:Well, when you consider Europa and Her Undead Majesty of the British Empire ... and how she most likely got that way ... it's probably both.

True...

I rather got that from the self-examination in the mirror, yes, but only one of them had such ... interesting and varied experiences in Paris. The other mostly spent that time complaining about those.

Very true.

Considering how at least two of my three parents are about 'self improvement', not even mentioning the whole SCIENCE part of my own conception ... it would be horribly hypocritical of me to hold that against her. Hells, I've probably had 'work done' myself, nevermind the hereditary effects of the Dyne.

Considering mom was raised by constructs SHE'D hold it against you if you did!

Still ...

"I do hope that was hyperbole, my dear. Though the situation is awkward, I would hate for anyone, least of all yourself, to come to misadventure because of it."

"Less danger and more a long chewing out and him being very disappointed in me..." she sighs. "I need to make a call."

Finbar wrote:"Well, yeah. Seriously, you have no idea. I've heard string instruments by the thousand. Pipes, Woodwind, keyboard, but in all the Galaxy, there is nothing. Nothing like Heavy Metal. "

Long sigh. "If you say so. Never heard much of it."

I pause to snack down a half dozen slices of toast with eggs and bacon

"You not hungry? Anyway, how strong? I'm a Sayain! I can explode a mountain if I choose to. I mean, I'm not sure how I'd do against Superman, but..... ya know what? I'm willing to bet that even if, somehow, I did loose, I'd make him work for it

She looks at you thoughtfully.

I shrug "Go for it, I'm still hungry, you sure you dont want anything more?"

"I do but I have to make this call. Eat my breakfast and I'll beat you into a coma."

She slips out...

God. Even her threats are sexy.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Long sigh. "If you say so. Never heard much of it."

"Really?" I look shocked "Well, I've got plenty and I've got tickets to Dethklok when they perform next week. Otherwise, in three nights time, Iron Maiden is playing in Dusseldorf. We could fly over and catch them live. Dickenson is amazing"


She looks at you thoughtfully.

"what?"


"I do but I have to make this call. Eat my breakfast and I'll beat you into a coma."

She slips out...

God. Even her threats are sexy.

I pause in my eating and shudder slightly. Big Breakfast, a Fight and then possibly sex. Today is going to be AWESOME!

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:Considering mom was raised by constructs SHE'D hold it against you if you did!

There is also that, aye.

"Less danger and more a long chewing out and him being very disappointed in me..." she sighs. "I need to make a call."

"Ah. Yes. One of those. I fully expect to be on the receiving end myself at some point in the future."

Well, mom is going to be disappointed, one dad is going to be annoyed I'm taking after the other this much, and grandfather is going to be amused at the inheritance issues his son is going to have to deal with now that the buck has been passed.

... as to the other thing ...

"Do you require the use of the telephone? Because while there _is_ a phone, yes," I say sheepishly, motioning to the Breakfast Cannon. "It's a bit like that in execution, unfortunately. I keep intending to iron out the kinks ..."

And get it hooked up officially or at least to something other than one of the local sex-phone lines for my connection. As you can imagine, I don't generally let people call me back. That's not even mentioning the clockwork Ionization Differentiation Device (aka, generator) in the basement - hey, it was less expensive than getting hooked up to the power lines.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 am

Finbar wrote:"Really?" I look shocked "Well, I've got plenty and I've got tickets to Dethklok when they perform next week. Otherwise, in three nights time, Iron Maiden is playing in Dusseldorf. We could fly over and catch them live. Dickenson is amazing"

"Well see..."

"what?"

Smirk.

You know that smirk. It's the "I bet I could kick your ass and wanna prove it" smirk that is damned near patented by your race.

"So I bet you like to fight."

I pause in my eating and shudder slightly. Big Breakfast, a Fight and then possibly sex. Today is going to be AWESOME!

Ten minutes later she walks in dressed.

She looks down at the table, back up to you, her eyes narrow, she smiles sweetly places her hand on your shoulder.

"What did I say about my breakfast?"

Then punches you in the gut hard enough to wind you.

"Get your clothes on. I'm not kicking your ass naked."

Rieverre wrote:"Ah. Yes. One of those. I fully expect to be on the receiving end myself at some point in the future."

Well, mom is going to be disappointed, one dad is going to be annoyed I'm taking after the other this much, and grandfather is going to be amused at the inheritance issues his son is going to have to deal with now that the buck has been passed.

... as to the other thing ...

"Do you require the use of the telephone? Because while there _is_ a phone, yes," I say sheepishly, motioning to the Breakfast Cannon. "It's a bit like that in execution, unfortunately. I keep intending to iron out the kinks ..."

And get it hooked up officially or at least to something other than one of the local sex-phone lines for my connection. As you can imagine, I don't generally let people call me back. That's not even mentioning the clockwork Ionization Differentiation Device (aka, generator) in the basement - hey, it was less expensive than getting hooked up to the power lines.

"I have a Cell phone."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:

Smirk.

You know that smirk. It's the "I bet I could kick your ass and wanna prove it" smirk that is damned near patented by your race.

"So I bet you like to fight."

"Every Sayain Warrior live to Fight. It's in our blood. " My own smirk is answer enough "The strongest Warriors in the Galaxy!"


Ten minutes later she walks in dressed.

She looks down at the table, back up to you, her eyes narrow, she smiles sweetly places her hand on your shoulder.

"What did I say about my breakfast?"

Then punches you in the gut hard enough to wind you.

"Get your clothes on. I'm not kicking your ass naked."

I grin as I stand, and then that changes to a smirk "I left enough for you. Not my fault you take so long on the phone. You were too busy being distracted!"

With that, I zip up stairs and change into my old Uniform. This is the modified one. Repainted in Black with barbed wire painted edgings..... then back down and I grin "We need to go THIS! way" The This is me punching her in the gut as hard as she hit me, aiming her towards the desert. Then I take off after her.

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:48 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I have a Cell phone."

Ah. Those, yes. Considering how universally used they are, I should probably get one at some point ... and modify it ... why am I suddenly considering how to integrate a flamethrower into a cell phone?

Oh. Right. Spark.

Still, the idea seems to hold some merit.

ANYWAY!

As she's making her call I'll clean up after breakfast. A clean lab is conductive to better SCIENCE! Or at least to reducing the influence of outside variables on experimentation which, while occasionally interesting, have the tendency to result in not-always-humorous-explosions.

Then ... if the call takes a while, which it well might, I'll take stock of the contents of the house and, if present, garage. Here's hoping Faustus managed to acquire at least some form of computer - the fact I'm piggybacking on someone else's phone line seems to hint at that, at least - and vehicle, if only for experimentation ...

... hmm ...

Bond cars.

I bet I could get one set up with some lightning cannons. Universal suspension! Climate control!

Oh for the love of ... focus madboy. Focus!
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:04 am

Finbar wrote:"Every Sayain Warrior live to Fight. It's in our blood. " My own smirk is answer enough "The strongest Warriors in the Galaxy!"

"I somehow doubt it."

I grin as I stand, and then that changes to a smirk "I left enough for you. Not my fault you take so long on the phone. You were too busy being distracted!"

With that, I zip up stairs and change into my old Uniform. This is the modified one. Repainted in Black with barbed wire painted edgings..... then back down and I grin "We need to go THIS! way" The This is me punching her in the gut as hard as she hit me, aiming her towards the desert. Then I take off after her.

Your under suit was black to begin with and your armor wasn't that unmetal either when properly paired up with the right accessories Wink

She was already flying off when you walked out... she's leading you somewhere.

After about five minutes she lands and takes up a fighting stance. "Okay, monkey boy. Lets see what you've got."

Rieverre wrote:Ah. Those, yes. Considering how universally used they are, I should probably get one at some point ... and modify it ... why am I suddenly considering how to integrate a flamethrower into a cell phone?

Oh. Right. Spark.

Still, the idea seems to hold some merit.

ANYWAY!

Not quite...

Roll a d6.

As she's making her call I'll clean up after breakfast. A clean lab is conductive to better SCIENCE! Or at least to reducing the influence of outside variables on experimentation which, while occasionally interesting, have the tendency to result in not-always-humorous-explosions.

True true... but you probably built a clank to do that. Amazing the things you can do with an old roomba.

Then ... if the call takes a while, which it well might, I'll take stock of the contents of the house and, if present, garage. Here's hoping Faustus managed to acquire at least some form of computer - the fact I'm piggybacking on someone else's phone line seems to hint at that, at least - and vehicle, if only for experimentation ...

... hmm ...

You have a cheap computer but he is inexperiend with its operation, sparked out and ended up deleting the opperating system while mucking about.

Bond cars.

I bet I could get one set up with some lightning cannons. Universal suspension! Climate control!

Oh for the love of ... focus madboy. Focus!

Yes. Because when you lose focus you have to make rolls to resist your sparky self...

I can has six sided die?

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:You have a cheap computer but he is inexperiend with its operation, sparked out and ended up deleting the opperating system while mucking about.

... this will not stand. This _will not stand_! I have the Sparkiness! I have the scrap-metal! I can make it better! Faster! More processor-y!

Oh, yeah, and while I'm doing that, I remember to restore the OS from backup - there's usually one on the HDD these days as a matter of course.

(so, 3d6 ... cellphone ... computron ... vehicle ... THERE IS NO WAY IN WHICH THIS CAN END BADLY!)
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd6' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 5

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 5

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:45 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Your under suit was black to begin with and your armor wasn't that unmetal either when properly paired up with the right accessories Wink

She was already flying off when you walked out... she's leading you somewhere.

After about five minutes she lands and takes up a fighting stance. "Okay, monkey boy. Lets see what you've got."

Grinning I focus and charge up my Ki into both hands and let off quick, small blasts to distract her and then close in for a rollicking good brawl.

"So, Kryptonian? Argosian? Martian?"

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:50 am

Rieverre wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:You have a cheap computer but he is inexperiend with its operation, sparked out and ended up deleting the opperating system while mucking about.

... this will not stand. This _will not stand_! I have the Sparkiness! I have the scrap-metal! I can make it better! Faster! More processor-y!

Oh, yeah, and while I'm doing that, I remember to restore the OS from backup - there's usually one on the HDD these days as a matter of course.

(so, 3d6 ... cellphone ... computron ... vehicle ... THERE IS NO WAY IN WHICH THIS CAN END BADLY!)

You reboot the computer's OS but it'll take an hour to reinstall.

In the meanwhile you grab your tools and go out to pimp out the nicest car around right and proper...

And find yourself with a large revolver in the face.

"Monrin' homie. Now I know you ain't thinkin' of using those on my ride, right ese?"

It seems your neighbor Jose is home! ^_^

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 am

Finbar wrote:Grinning I focus and charge up my Ki into both hands and let off quick, small blasts to distract her and then close in for a rollicking good brawl.

"So, Kryptonian? Argosian? Martian?"

"Argosian, theoretically," she dodges the blast, before rocketing in your face with a punch that sends you spinning, "But there's really no biological difference between a Kryptonian and an Argosian so it doesn't really matter now does it?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:02 am

I laugh and grin a big enthusiastic grin

"THATS MORE LIKE IT!!"

Forget finesse, it's Ass Kicking Time! My Mate is awesome. Lets see if I can punch her into a crater!

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:02 am

Finbar wrote:I laugh and grin a big enthusiastic grin

"THATS MORE LIKE IT!!"

Forget finesse, it's Ass Kicking Time! My Mate is awesome. Lets see if I can punch her into a crater!

You don't get nearly as many hits on her as you like. She's easily as tough and strong as you are... and is faster and significantly more agile.

Your big advantage seems to be she can't throw Ki blasts... but she makes up for that with her eye beams. They don't do the same area damage but they remind you of some of the cutting and penetrating techniques you seen. You have a feeling that if she really wanted to, she could be hyper lethal with those things.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:09 am

Grinning as we pick ourselves out of the crater's we punched eachother into

"So, are you as turned on as I am right now"

I pause and sigh "Crud, I gotta start work in two hours"

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:14 am

Finbar wrote:Grinning as we pick ourselves out of the crater's we punched eachother into

"So, are you as turned on as I am right now"

I pause and sigh "Crud, I gotta start work in two hours"

"I wouldn't worry about that..."

There's a loud sound as a jet approaches and lands and VTOL lands near you.

It opens and a fat black woman sets out.

"Impressive display you had there..."

She looks to Galatea and then looks at the sorry state of her clothes and tusts slightly.

Galatea blushes.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:You might convince Fury. Cadmus on the otherhand...

...crrrrrruuuuuudddddddd.....

"Nah. I can get plenty enraged myself. After all... you technically don't exist. So who the hell are you really?"

I smile sheepishly, "heh heh, well I wasn't lying when I said I'm named Arrluk and I work in Vegas but I guess I should tell you the rest of the story."

I take a breath and gather my thoughts. "I'm what people back where I come from an Avatar, a master of four types of elemental Keneticism that all other folk can do only one of. Fire. Water. Earth. and Air." I do my damndest to show her each of the elements as I say their name. "As for me? Well I was supposed to be the next Avatar but due to circumstances beyond my control and which I can't remember for the love of me, I was ripped from my home and the next thing I new I was waking up in a back alley in Vegas. Luckily there are a surprising amounts of jobs one can find here where folks don't ask too many questions about your background. NO not like that! Get your head out of the gutter! So with my powers all but reset and me having no damn clue how to get home. I've just let things go and have been living in anonymity for the past two years."

Then I grin, "Which leads to last night and me meeting you. So maybe my luck is changing."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 am

[quote="Psyckosama"]
Rieverre wrote:You reboot the computer's OS but it'll take an hour to reinstall.

In the meanwhile you grab your tools and go out to pimp out the nicest car around right and proper...

And find yourself with a large revolver in the face.

"Monrin' homie. Now I know you ain't thinkin' of using those on my ride, right ese?"

It seems your neighbor Jose is home! ^_^

Seeing as I'm a bit distracted at the moment ...

Ooooooooooooh! That's a rather nice piece, all stainless steel and polished matte grip and what looks like signs of fine-tuning right off the trigger guard ...

IT'S GIVING ME IDEAS!

"Jose! Good! WE CAN REFIT THE ENGINE WITH REVOLVING CYLINDERS INSTEAD OF THE BORING ASSEMBLY YOU HAVE THERE NOW! The INCREASE COOLING might bring up efficiency up by up to 25%! YOU CAN HELP!"

Yoink!

"Now, BRING ME THE LAWNMOWER! We'll need to repurpose the motor to assist the rotation, and then we can start working on the power transference!"

The music! It is calling to me! Neurons firing! Ideas gestating.

HETERODYNING, GO!

(diiiiiiiice!)
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum