A Galatea for You

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:43 am

Brian Boru wrote:Wrong name, meant Darkseid

Ah. Yeah.

"Enraged parents and possibly bosses come knocking I would assume." Wry grin across my face. Razz

"Probably before then..."

Rieverre wrote:"Parents are adventuring scientists. Oh, they've put on a veneer of civility but ... certain things just happen once you've seen, done and been around as much _strange_ as they have. Same with grandfather. Grandmother tried to take over the world once. My paternal grandfather actually more or less did, though his means were far less objectionable. Maternal grandfather and my great uncle still have folk songs and children's stories being written about them"

Another shrug. "It's fair to say rolling with the punches is in my blood, and if it wasn't originally it ended up getting put there."

She looks at you in confusion. "You're not going to try and conquer the Earth, are you?"

"I was actually hoping you could tell me more about yourself. So far, I see a woman of sharp and cutting wit, stunningly attractive, and impressively bearing the weight of responsibility and expectations on her shoulders. But other than half remembered snippets from what must have been a truly epic binge and night of partying, I have no idea who this Galatea I've managed to marry is as a person. It's the little things about us that make us who we are, after all."

"Well what do you want to know?"

You get the feeling she's been schooled to never volunteer information.

mithril-blade wrote:I look at the expression on her face, then burst out laughing. "Ok, ok" I raise my hands "Before you beat me within an inch of my life, tell me, do you still feel nervous?"

She glowers.

Shrug

"Pays my bills. Turns out, being the fella that keeps the spiritual world from getting into a street fight with the people currently inhabiting the world doesn't clothe, feed or house you. By the by, I am the balancer of the spiritual world and the physical world. Nature makes a big spiritual component of that, yes, but not all of it. There are spirits not related to nature that just float around and do their own thing. And then there are the spirits who would want nothing but rip appart the people living here.

It isn't just the physical world that needs balance."

"By the way, what are the plans now?"

OOC did I make the call with you?

Hey Psyckosama, how is my bending?


gimme a d6 roll.

GundamChief wrote:
"Pretty much."

"Good to know."


while true, there's a double standard here as well :p

While a female certainly won't give it to a lesser male, this only encourages them to get stronger because to them nothing is hotter then a woman who can kick their ass.

Yep.

Hmm.

I take off the communicator and turn it off. I begin to meditate a bit since I know it will focus my center, and use it to levitate myself a few feet above the ground. Practice starts now. Sayian's might be naturals, but it takes practice to be great.

She walks in and throws pants at your head.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:59 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Probably before then..."

..."crud" is my primary comment. Noticing that the both of us are done I clear my throat and continue. "So, the law says we have to stay together for at least three months right? Means I'll have to make some changes then. Looking up to the bedroom I sigh and continue, "You can have the bed once we get you settled in. I'll take the couch in the living room, I've slept on it before. I'm sure a few months won't kill me." I grimace at the thought of sleeping on that damn thing for that long.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by GundamChief on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:She walks in and throws pants at your head.

I bounced off and falls to the floor. I look at her, still levitating and say "So...how goes it?"
avatar
GundamChief

Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 34
Location : Alaska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:..."crud" is my primary comment. Noticing that the both of us are done I clear my throat and continue. "So, the law says we have to stay together for at least three months right? Means I'll have to make some changes then. Looking up to the bedroom I sigh and continue, "You can have the bed once we get you settled in. I'll take the couch in the living room, I've slept on it before. I'm sure a few months won't kill me." I grimace at the thought of sleeping on that damn thing for that long.

"Well, before that happens you're going to need some papers Me. Kung Fu Action Jesus."

GundamChief wrote:

I bounced off and falls to the floor. I look at her, still levitating and say "So...how goes it?"

"Put those on. We're going to spar."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:She looks at you in confusion. "You're not going to try and conquer the Earth, are you?"

"As I understand, any form of conquest is then followed by the mind-numbing tedium of having to administer things and dealing with politicians, more assassins, and the nobility or equivalents thereof throwing their weight around. So, no, and I have no idea why anyone would willingly subject themselves to that."

"Well what do you want to know?"

You get the feeling she's been schooled to never volunteer information.

"Let's start with the simple things. Do you have any hobbies?"

I also get the feeling she doesn't exactly get out much, as evidenced by the Vegas debacle (though ROB might have something to do with the result of that considering our respective livers).

And if the answer is 'no' then I'll reply that that means we'll have to get her some, then.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:17 am

Rieverre wrote:"As I understand, any form of conquest is then followed by the mind-numbing tedium of having to administer things and dealing with politicians, more assassins, and the nobility or equivalents thereof throwing their weight around. So, no, and I have no idea why anyone would willingly subject themselves to that."

She simply shrugs. "I guess some people like that kind of stuff."

"Let's start with the simple things. Do you have any hobbies?"

I also get the feeling she doesn't exactly get out much, as evidenced by the Vegas debacle (though ROB might have something to do with the result of that considering our respective livers).

And if the answer is 'no' then I'll reply that that means we'll have to get her some, then.

"Um... I like to fight?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 am

Psyckosama wrote:She simply shrugs. "I guess some people like that kind of stuff."

"I'm on the short list to inherit a good chunk of mine when I get back there anyway. Trust me, more trouble than it's worth."

"Um... I like to fight?"

"Ah," I nod. "You're still learning about yourself, aren't you? I apologize if I overstep, but as I said, I have a certain knack for drawing conclusions from subconscious cue. Also, your name was a bit of a giveaway there."

Thoughtful frown. Smile.

"Well! That simply means we shall have to see about discovering what it is you enjoy besides that."

Experimental SCIENCE!
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:28 am

Rieverre wrote:"I'm on the short list to inherit a good chunk of mine when I get back there anyway. Trust me, more trouble than it's worth."

"Okaaay..."

"Ah," I nod. "You're still learning about yourself, aren't you? I apologize if I overstep, but as I said, I have a certain knack for drawing conclusions from subconscious cue. Also, your name was a bit of a giveaway there."

Thoughtful frown. Smile.

"Well! That simply means we shall have to see about discovering what it is you enjoy besides that."

Experimental SCIENCE!

"What the hell are you talking about...!?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:53 am

Psyckosama wrote:"What the hell are you talking about...!?"

"Remember, you're the one who asked," I shrug in reply. "You're in phenomenal shape, military trained, but there isn't even the slightest sign of the kind of minute scarring, callouses and such that one would expect on someone who 'likes fighting'. There is, in fact, little to no sign of any previous injury at all - something exceedingly unlikely given how accident prone people are when simply living their lives, nevermind the rigors of military training. Then there's the fact you have intimidating men in dark suits on what I assume is 'speed dial'. That, in and of itself, suggests a government supersoldier program. Further, there is the rather obvious correlation suggested by the tale of Pygmalion and Galatea, the sculptor whose creation came to life."

Okay, this _might_ hurt ... brace for impact!
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:

"I'll draw up the contract."

That elicits a puzzled look "Why? A warrior's word is as good as his honour. I have given mine, you give yours. It is as it should be"



She looks a bit embarrassed.

"what?"

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:19 am

Rieverre wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:"What the hell are you talking about...!?"

"Remember, you're the one who asked," I shrug in reply. "You're in phenomenal shape, military trained, but there isn't even the slightest sign of the kind of minute scarring, callouses and such that one would expect on someone who 'likes fighting'. There is, in fact, little to no sign of any previous injury at all - something exceedingly unlikely given how accident prone people are when simply living their lives, nevermind the rigors of military training. Then there's the fact you have intimidating men in dark suits on what I assume is 'speed dial'. That, in and of itself, suggests a government supersoldier program. Further, there is the rather obvious correlation suggested by the tale of Pygmalion and Galatea, the sculptor whose creation came to life."

Okay, this _might_ hurt ... brace for impact!

You don't see her move. It's just like one moment you were talking and the next she had you in the air by your throat, hoisting you as if you were weighless.

"Who are you really and who do you work for?"

Finbar wrote:That elicits a puzzled look "Why? A warrior's word is as good as his honour. I have given mine, you give yours. It is as it should be"

"Having it written makes sure we're clear and in agreement on the exact details and intentions of the agreement," he replies smoothly. "Makes sure there are no misconceptions from either of us."

"what?"

"Nothing. This is just all... Confusing for me."

Fury just sighs. "I know this isn't fair for you," he states coolly, "But believe me, you will find SHIELD is much more interested in your personal well being. I've read the kind of operations they had lined up for you."

"To protect the world," she replied.

"And in the meantime serve as their super powered assassin."

"Whatever it takes to protect the world," she replied coolly.

"I say this as the director of an organization with full extra judicial authority," he looks at her, "That with power comes responsibility to use wisely. I have a license to kill. To steal. To cheat. To protect this country and world with by any means, and I can empower my agents to break damned near any law of the land, no matter how sacred... The price of this authority is the understand that, ideally, this power should never be used. It is a sacred trust that you will only it as an absolute last resort. And when you break that trust, you become nothing more than another threat."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:
"Having it written makes sure we're clear and in agreement on the exact details and intentions of the agreement," he replies smoothly. "Makes sure there are no misconceptions from either of us."

I give Fury a flat look "You sound like a Lawyer" I snort "Still, if it will make things easier. Just keep in mind, while I will try, there are no guarentees about colateral damage.....and I reserve the right to use judiscious amounts of force on whatever idiot I am called in against, as a form of negative reinforcement, that they are an idiot and should never do this again.....non lethal where applicable, but if they are a threat to more than ten innocent lives, I will not hold back"


"Nothing. This is just all... Confusing for me."

Fury just sighs. "I know this isn't fair for you," he states coolly, "But believe me, you will find SHIELD is much more interested in your personal well being. I've read the kind of operations they had lined up for you."

"To protect the world," she replied.

"And in the meantime serve as their super powered assassin."

"Whatever it takes to protect the world," she replied coolly.

"I say this as the director of an organization with full extra judicial authority," he looks at her, "That with power comes responsibility to use wisely. I have a license to kill. To steal. To cheat. T o protect this country and world. at my digression may empower my agents to do the same. At my command my agents may break damned near any law of the land, no matter how sacred... The price of this authority is the understand that, ideally, this power should never be used. It is a sacred trust that you will only it as an absolute last resort. And when you break that trust, you become nothing more than another threat."

I nod in understanding "He speaks wisely. You should listen to him Galatea."

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:27 am

Finbar wrote:I give Fury a flat look "You sound like a Lawyer"

He looks at you. "No, but there's an entire army of them back at base who would suck the marrow from my bones if I didn't come back with something signed for them to file."

I snort "Still, if it will make things easier. Just keep in mind, while I will try, there are no guarentees about colateral damage.....and I reserve the right to use judiscious amounts of force on whatever idiot I am called in against, as a form of negative reinforcement, that they are an idiot and should never do this again.....non lethal where applicable, but if they are a threat to more than ten innocent lives, I will not hold back"

He looks at you. "Use the minimum you believe is necessary to send a painful and lasting message. There are other superheros on the planet. You don't want to alienate them."

I nod in understanding "He speaks wisely. You should listen to him Galatea."

Fury looks at you and peeks his eyebrow in amusement. "I'm surprised the member of the all conquering warrior race would believe that."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:
He looks at you. "No, but there's an entire army of them back at base who would suck the marrow from my bones if I didn't come back with something signed for them to file."

"How terrifying.....you know, you could hire me to deal with them?"


He looks at you. "Use the minimum you believe is necessary to send a painful and lasting message. There are other superheros on the planet. You don't want to alienate them."

I smirk and change that to a bright happy smile "Those who know of my people will be impressed at the restraint I use. I don't blow up a city to injure one person"


Fury looks at you and peeks his eyebrow in amusement. "I'm surprised the member of the all conquering warrior race would believe that."

"Warrior Race and Army. More to the point, if you used your most powerful weapon constantly, someone would find a weakness or way around it. Better to keep it in reserve and use only the necessary force."

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:35 am

Finbar wrote:"How terrifying.....you know, you could hire me to deal with them?"

"That would only encourage them."

I smirk and change that to a bright happy smile "Those who know of my people will be impressed at the restraint I use. I don't blow up a city to injure one person"

He sighs and rubs his temple. "I'll throw in free concert tickets for good behavior. How does that sound?"

"Warrior Race and Army. More to the point, if you used your most powerful weapon constantly, someone would find a weakness or way around it. Better to keep it in reserve and use only the necessary force."

"Not exactly what I had in mind..."

"Your made your point, sir" Galatea replies, "I understand. I don't entirely agree but I'll follow orders."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:You don't see her move. It's just like one moment you were talking and the next she had you in the air by your throat, hoisting you as if you were weighless.

"Who are you really and who do you work for?"

"Urk ..."

Yes, well, not exactly unexpected.

I roll my eyes a little and tap against her hand. Really, how is she expecting me to answer any questions while in the process of choking me out?
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:
"That would only encourage them."

"Distract them with pressing charges for Galatea's origin?"


He sighs and rubs his temple. "I'll throw in free concert tickets for good behavior. How does that sound?"

"It sounds like we have a deal" I smirk......negotiating like this is fun


"Not exactly what I had in mind..."

"Your made your point, sir" Galatea replies, "I understand. I don't entirely agree but I'll follow orders."

I shrug "Then, are we done?"

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:52 am

Rieverre wrote:"Urk ..."

Yes, well, not exactly unexpected.

I roll my eyes a little and tap against her hand. Really, how is she expecting me to answer any questions while in the process of choking me out?

She drops you on the counch.

Gee, what a wonderfully luminescent shade of red her eyes have become.

"Talk."

Finbar wrote:"Distract them with pressing charges for Galatea's origin?"

He gives you a funny look.

"It sounds like we have a deal" I smirk......negotiating like this is fun

"Alright. You'll be sent the contract in the morning."

I shrug "Then, are we done?"

"For now."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:56 am

Psyckosama wrote:

He gives you a funny look.

"What? It's clearly obvious from the earlier discussion that she is a clone of Kara Zor-El. That is irrelevant to me. She is Galatea. If she wants to change her name, she can. Keep in mind, in Galactic Civilization, the precedent has been set millenia ago, she is legally the younger sister and nothing more nor less"


"Alright. You'll be sent the contract in the morning."

I casually spin one finger vertically in the air and deadpan "yay"


"For now."

"Very well, You can arrange the House and necessary supplies, Galatea and I were sparring and I would like to continue our forplay"

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 am

Finbar wrote:"What? It's clearly obvious from the earlier discussion that she is a clone of Kara Zor-El. That is irrelevant to me. She is Galatea. If she wants to change her name, she can. Keep in mind, in Galactic Civilization, the precedent has been set millenia ago, she is legally the younger sister and nothing more nor less"

"Same here. Though it can be either sister or daughter depending on apparent age difference."

"I like my name."

I casually spin one finger vertically in the air and deadpan "yay"

He snorts.

"Very well, You can arrange the House and necessary supplies, Galatea and I were sparring and I would like to continue our forplay"

"I need a city. California is large."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Finbar on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:
"Same here. Though it can be either sister or daughter depending on apparent age difference."

"I like my name."

"And a fine name it is. However, the full name is Galatea Zor-El, you are the younger sister of the House of El. However, my point was the Lawyers can be distracted by the scent of blood. In this case, My Mate's illegal conception"

"I need a city. California is large."

"San Fancisco. It has better weather than Los Angeles, no Hollywood to pervert things and a large harbour in case I need to throw people somewhere to cool off"

Finbar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2013-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:She drops you on the counch.

Gee, what a wonderfully luminescent shade of red her eyes have become.

"Talk."

"About _what_? I told you everything already!" I shoot back, unable to keep back the snarl of frustration at almost getting strangled because of this ... this ... ugh ...

... crap, Madboy coming through ...

"Why does this ALWAYS happen?! I try to be cordial. Polite. Honest. CIVILIZED!" I spit that last word as if it were a curse. "But _noooooooo_. Every world has to have its FUN with the MADBOY! And just when I thought it was easing up on me and maybe even letting luck turn my way a little, OH NO, WE CAN'T HAVE THAT! Let's have the most attractive woman you ever met try to kill you over a misunderstanding!"

Alright, deep breaths, this isn't so bad ...

... wait, did I just really think that?

"Also _seriously_? Did you _seriously_ think that _this_ was some kind of harebrained attempt at subtlety? That someone trying to get into whatever supposed operation is going on would go with a story as implausible as what I claimed had happened?"

Calm down, sparky ...

"... that and you already said I'm a person of interest. Considering I have not exactly been bothering with keeping an, as you say, 'low profile', I've likely been noticed by any number of agencies already, if they can even be bothered to pay attention."

Okay, that's better.

Calm now.

... I am not used to having this much of a short temper.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Well, before that happens you're going to need some papers Me. Kung Fu Action Jesus."

"True. Any Idea how I'm going to do that? I mean I'm lucky I've been able to last this long without some organization scooping me up for questioning."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by GundamChief on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:45 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Put those on. We're going to spar."

I give a spock like raise of the eyebrow and do so, inwardly I should be nervous. I was actually, but not because of the fight. I've been in fights, and this was a spar so it shouldn't be a life and death situation.

I guess it was that anticipation thing.

I have a pretty good idea where she is in power now, relaxed she is stronger then I am. However, I was relaxed at the time as well, it wasn't a true indication of actual levels for either of us. Plus power levels weren't supposed to be reliable in the first place due to the nature of power in DBZ anyways. It likely is the same here.

All the same, I turn on the recording of the scouter so it can keep track of our levels as the fight progressed.

I follow after her since she's obviously leading here.
avatar
GundamChief

Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 34
Location : Alaska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by mithril-blade on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

She glowers.

Yes, yes, strike me down and your training shall be comp- wait, wrong setting.

gimme a d6 roll.

Yeah, she made the call already while I was tidying up.

mithril-blade carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
3


mithril-blade

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:28 pm

Finbar wrote:"And a fine name it is. However, the full name is Galatea Zor-El, you are the younger sister of the House of El. However, my point was the Lawyers can be distracted by the scent of blood. In this case, My Mate's illegal conception"

He rubs his temple. "You're still being sent the damned contract."

"San Fancisco. It has better weather than Los Angeles, no Hollywood to pervert things and a large harbour in case I need to throw people somewhere to cool off"

"Done."

Rieverre wrote:
"About _what_? I told you everything already!" I shoot back, unable to keep back the snarl of frustration at almost getting strangled because of this ... this ... ugh ...

... crap, Madboy coming through ...

"Why does this ALWAYS happen?! I try to be cordial. Polite. Honest. CIVILIZED!" I spit that last word as if it were a curse. "But _noooooooo_. Every world has to have its FUN with the MADBOY! And just when I thought it was easing up on me and maybe even letting luck turn my way a little, OH NO, WE CAN'T HAVE THAT! Let's have the most attractive woman you ever met try to kill you over a misunderstanding!"

Alright, deep breaths, this isn't so bad ...

... wait, did I just really think that?

"Also _seriously_? Did you _seriously_ think that _this_ was some kind of harebrained attempt at subtlety? That someone trying to get into whatever supposed operation is going on would go with a story as implausible as what I claimed had happened?"

Calm down, sparky ...

"... that and you already said I'm a person of interest. Considering I have not exactly been bothering with keeping an, as you say, 'low profile', I've likely been noticed by any number of agencies already, if they can even be bothered to pay attention."

Okay, that's better.

Calm now.

... I am not used to having this much of a short temper.

"Actually yes. Dazzle me with bullshit and create a mild degree of interest to cloak you're true activities..."

To be honest, your grandfather would have suspected the same thing.

Brian Boru wrote:"True. Any Idea how I'm going to do that? I mean I'm lucky I've been able to last this long without some organization scooping me up for questioning."

"Somebody's going to be here within the hour."

GundamChief wrote:I give a spock like raise of the eyebrow and do so, inwardly I should be nervous. I was actually, but not because of the fight. I've been in fights, and this was a spar so it shouldn't be a life and death situation.

I guess it was that anticipation thing.

I have a pretty good idea where she is in power now, relaxed she is stronger then I am. However, I was relaxed at the time as well, it wasn't a true indication of actual levels for either of us. Plus power levels weren't supposed to be reliable in the first place due to the nature of power in DBZ anyways. It likely is the same here.

All the same, I turn on the recording of the scouter so it can keep track of our levels as the fight progressed.

I follow after her since she's obviously leading here.

She flies you out to the middle of nowhere, what seems to be an abandoned nuclear testing range.

Then she smiles and takes up a fighting stance.

mithril-blade wrote:Yes, yes, strike me down and your training shall be comp- wait, wrong setting.

"What the hell are you talking about?

And you have middling control of the elements. You've mastered three and know the basics of the other and have yet to reach the Avatar state.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Actually yes. Dazzle me with bullshit and create a mild degree of interest to cloak you're true activities..."

To be honest, your grandfather would have suspected the same thing.

Grumblegrumble.

"The sad thing is, this is still a better result than my last try at romance ended in. You haven't actually tried to kill me yet."

Grumble.

"And please, the only 'activities' I'd actually care enough to hide would be the intent of building a working mechanical cat and tapping someone else's line for telephone access," shrug. "It was easier than forging identification. There, my horrible plan is revealed."

Eh. Not like anything I say is going to actually work at this point. Might as well resign myself to having to break out of a secure government facility before they dissect me or something.

... and again, Faustus' memories say 'that's still only Tuesday'.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Rieverre wrote:Grumblegrumble.

"The sad thing is, this is still a better result than my last try at romance ended in. You haven't actually tried to kill me yet."

Grumble.

"And please, the only 'activities' I'd actually care enough to hide would be the intent of building a working mechanical cat and tapping someone else's line for telephone access," shrug. "It was easier than forging identification. There, my horrible plan is revealed."

Eh. Not like anything I say is going to actually work at this point. Might as well resign myself to having to break out of a secure government facility before they dissect me or something.

... and again, Faustus' memories say 'that's still only Tuesday'.

"How and what do you know about my origins?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Somebody's going to be here within the hour."

I blink at that. "Really? Well, not sure what to say to that other than thank-you. If someone can do something you wouldn't believe how much of a relief that would be." I really am being grateful here. "So...want to see a presentation of what I can do? I'm sure your wondering what being 'kung fu action Jesus' entails." I grin at my weak attempt at a joke.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Rieverre on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"How and what do you know about my origins?"

Points finger at self.

"Spark. In your vernacular, I suppose you would call that a 'mad scientist'. Back home, there's a significant number of those around, and artificially created life isn't exactly a novel concept. Hells, _I_ have a mother and two fathers and was literally _made_ through genetic recombination rather than conceived in what the luddites would like to think is the only right and proper way. My mother was _raised_ by constructs whom she still considers her parents in every way that actually matters. _And_ history was apparently parallel enough to give us the story of Pygmalion and Galatea, making the name one of the most popular for people making forays into the wide and varied realm of animation. I literally can't help but notice these things."

avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Galatea for You

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum