You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:16 pm

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/you-in-the-warhammer-fantasy-world-with-a-twist-ooc-interest.257961/

If anyone has been long enough on the site to remember, one of my first BROB RP's I ever did was 'You in the Avatar World: With A Twist' where you wake up in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender at the start of the series. But you had a couple of bonuses. First you were given the raw strength and power of high End Obelix a character from the French Comic Asterix. Who had a stupendous amount of raw physical strength, speed, and toughness. (For a rough estimation, if you put your all into it, you could have driven the GIANT ASS DRILL of Ba Sing Se backwards even with it was driving full tilt.

The other bonus was a runesword and axe with the durability to withstand your strength and had the elemental powers that were seen in the game VIKING: Battle for Asgard. (Ice, Lightning, Fire) and had the ability to bat away whatever was thrown at you.

This time I'm contemplating doing the same thing but instead of the world of Avatar, it would be instead the Warhammer Fantasy world. 

Several Answers right off the bat

Q: Can I learn magic?
A: No. You're already strong enough to flatten Great Mammoths and Shaggoths solo, why would you need to learn magic?

Q: When would this take place?
A: This one I'm not entirely sure, I AM contemplating putting it either right after or right before Achaeron's Storm of Chaos.

Q: Where would I land?
A: That depends on a couple of dice rolls which would randomly choose where you appeared in the old world though they would be mostly either in the Empire or Brettonia as I am most familiar with those regions.

Q: What is the mission here? 
A: While I would hope people here would be heroes and correct the severe wrongs of this world I do not railroad people though I might get a little lost personally as to what to do with them. I should warn you that actions will have consequences, I.E. Walking into Karl Franz's palace in Altdorf and killing him in cold blood WILL have dire consequences, and God help you to escape the wizarding capital of the Empire but if you are hellbent on such an action I won't stop you. In short the Mission is do as you will though I draw the line at lurid descriptions of Slaanesh or the other Chaos gods' actions.

Q: What is my equipment?
A: The clothes on your back and the weapons in your hands, do you really need that much else?

Q: How many people would play?
A: As a rule I've never tried a larger group then 6 people and I don't believe I could handle more, but I've usually ended up having around 3-4 as a rule.

If you're on my SB thread you can dual post here as well.

If you are new then roll 2d10 to tell me where you land.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Psyckosama carried out 2 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
7 , 4

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:24 pm

So Brain, what thread would you prefer the posts come from then? Or would just posting both here and there be better for you?
Ironforge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Well if I can get everyone on the other thread onto this one then I'd be happy but if some can't or won't then I'll live with the dual posting
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well if I can get everyone on the other thread onto this one then I'd be happy but if some can't or won't then I'll live with the dual posting
Noted an then here is my post again.

Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Coin: None
Loot: 7500 Gp worth of goods and animal flesh

Brian Boru, post: 11093356, member: 30630 wrote:Heh heh, though seriously you intend to live like a monk?
OC: Oh no, that is not in the cards at all. It's just that until I learn how to control my new found strength perfectly and when I find a lady that I will want to go after then that will change. As I would rather avoid the whole killing my partner in a moment of passion with castle destroying power, as just one slip up there would make things really messed up. Plus, since I know that this power is in the genes, I want to avoid the whole making large amounts of babies of doom that chaos can get a shot at grabbing.

There is silence for a moment, then one wit from the back of the crowd hollers out, "Well that still leaves two questions, does that work? Or are we going to have to bathe separately from you?"

A few nervous chuckles can be heard but most keep quiet a bit too nervous to comment.
"Bwahahahahahahah! Yes you ugly bastards, it works and I'll have it known now that I have no interests in any of your ugly asses. An that I still greatly enjoy the fairer sex by far like any normal man. But as you all know, all real power comes with a cost and until I learn how to master the one that comes with mine. I'll not be able to enjoy the pleasures of a lady.

Though does the man that has the balls to make jest like that from the safety of the crowd also have them to show me his face or does his courage only go this far? An are there any more questions any of you might have?" I finish while looking over the crowd of my men.

The next morning you find the young lady awake but still scared out of her wits, while she didn't...break...from her close encounters the night before she's still fragile. She clings to the horse offered to her with surprising tenacity but now if your out of her sight she starts to have mild panic attacks. While you and some of the others doubt that this is permanent, you really can't just leave her alone now to fend for herself for the time being.
Well then for now I'll march with her and talk with her, so I can find out more about her an get to know her better. While also telling her about myself if she asks to take her mind off of what happen last night. So that hopefully once we get to the Jarl's group she will be either be on the road to recovery to her old self or there already.

Then once we meet back up with the other group I'll have my people merge back up with the Jarl's an request a meeting with the man so that I can give him a full brief of what happen since we parted.

Last edited by Ironforge on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ironforge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Alright for Psycko

7 Means you Land in the Empire

4 Means you land in the MiddenLand Part of the Drakwald forest Home to more beastmen than you can shake a stick at.

You wake up in a dark and damp forest, every so often something (an animal?) calls out every so often. There is a heavy feeling to the air around you and you get the feeling that something is watching you. Strapped to your back are a bastard sword and a large bearded battle ax. (See above for clothing)

As you look around you spot a gametrail or what you hope is a game trail going off into the forest.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Brian BoruAlright for Psycko

7 Means you Land in the Empire

4 Means you land in the MiddenLand Part of the Drakwald forest Home to more beastmen than you can shake a stick at.

You wake up in a dark and damp forest, every so often something (an animal?) calls out every so often. There is a heavy feeling to the air around you and you get the feeling that something is watching you. Strapped to your back are a bastard sword and a large bearded battle ax. (See above for clothing)

As you look around you spot a gametrail or what you hope is a game trail going off into the forest.

I look around and try and take stock of my equipment, take stock of my apprentice, take stock of my location, then I have a minor freak out.

After hyperventilating and freaking out I try draw on my vast experience of watching countless shows on survival and try and find a place to take stock of the environment. I have no idea what's going on but I'd like to find a way to get to somewhere with actual people.

I look for somewhere high I can get to without harming myself so I can try and see the area around me.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I look around and try and take stock of my equipment, take stock of my apprentice, take stock of my location, then I have a minor freak out.

As you run around like a chicken with it's head cut off you accidentally crash into a tree, it goes down like a stack of blocks knocked over by an angry toddler

After hyperventilating and freaking out I try draw on my vast experience of watching countless shows on survival and try and find a place to take stock of the environment. I have no idea what's going on but I'd like to find a way to get to somewhere with actual people.

Your in a very large and dark forest the trees(those you didn't knock over) tower dark and ominously over you.

You have a large battleaxe and a large sword strapped to you back. Along with a pair of knives holstered on your leg though they seem almost soft compared to the monstrosities on your back.

I look for somewhere high I can get to without harming myself so I can try and see the area around me.

Looking down both ways down the path, you think the path to the right seems to be rising upwards.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Brian Boru wrote:As you run around like a chicken with it's head cut off you accidentally crash into a tree, it goes down like a stack of blocks knocked over by an angry toddler

"... The Fuck?"

Your in a very large and dark forest the trees(those you didn't knock over) tower dark and ominously over you.

You have a large battleaxe and a large sword strapped to you back.  Along with a pair of knives holstered on your leg though they seem almost soft compared to the monstrosities on your back.

"The fuck?"

Looking down both ways down the path, you think the path to the right seems to be rising upwards.

Right I go.

If I hear/see any water I'll be following it down stream...

What time of day is it?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"... The Fuck?"

Heh

"The fuck?"

Ha

Right I go.

If I hear/see any water I'll be following it down stream...

None that you hear/see.

What time of day is it?

It's high noon you think.

About half an hour into your march you hear a rustling off to the right of you, and there is a foul stink wafting on the air.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Brian Boru wrote:None that you hear/see.

Okay.

It's high noon you think.

About half an hour into your march you hear a rustling off to the right of you,

I look towards it and draw the sword....

and there is a foul stink wafting on the air.

And the axe...

Oh shit.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I look towards it and draw the sword....

And the axe...

Oh shit.

With a huge crash and a roar this huge motherfucker bursts out of the forest,

behind him is at least 10 gor and 30 ungor.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:08 pm

I scream like a little girl and swing my axe at its face...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I scream like a little girl and swing my axe at its face...

Your ax sings through the air and with all the resistance of a chainsaw through rotten wood you chop through both the minotaur's axe and neck, send both ax head and head go flying through the air. The huge body continues it's momentum and is going to crush you unless you do something. (or so you think)
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 pm

I step out of the way of the body, look at the axe, look at look at the body, look at the axe, look at the body, look at the axe, look at the Beastmen and I smile.

"Who's next?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I step out of the way of the body, look at the axe, look at look at the body, look at the axe, look at the body, look at the axe, look at the Beastmen and I smile.

"Who's next?"

The small herd had stumbled to a crashing halt at the death of their leader, obvious shock in their eyes. Several ungors take a half-step back when you challenge then. But then the gors seem to recover themselves and with a cacophony of bellows they force the ungors to charge along with them in the attempt to kill your ass.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:27 pm

In a sing song voice I say, "Anyone who drops to the ground gets to live..."

Then I kill the fuck out of people.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Psyckosama wrote:In a sing song voice I say, "Anyone who drops to the ground gets to live..."

Then I kill the fuck out of people.

The gors and the ungors fight with all the ferocity of their kind and the followers of the bloodgod of khorne.

They still fall to the ground in pieces. In less than 4 minutes all of the gors are dead along with all but three ungors scattering in different directions.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Not wanting them to bring help I pick up the closest convenient trees and throw them at the Ungors.

I check all the bodies for any gold or wealth that isn't tainted by chaos.

Then I go about the grizzly business of decapitating them and try and find a way to carry them all.

I recognize the symbols. I'm in the fucking old world.

Well, the heads of these bastards will be a pretty bounty that's for sure!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Might be interesting. My knowledge of Warhammer being spotty and selective as it is.

Humm ...

Rieverre carried out 2 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
4 , 9
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:Not wanting them to bring help I pick up the closest convenient trees and throw them at the Ungors.

I check all the bodies for any gold or wealth that isn't tainted by chaos.

Then I go about the grizzly business of decapitating them and try and find a way to carry them all.

I recognize the symbols. I'm in the fucking old world.

Well, the heads of these bastards will be a pretty bounty that's for sure!

The ungors are swiftly dispatched with prodigious applications of LOG!

Scrambling around their corpses you manages to scrounge up 2 silver and 20 coppers worth of coin.

You lop the heads off with relative ease, now how to carry 41 beastmen heads?

Rieverre wrote:Might be interesting. My knowledge of Warhammer being spotty and selective as it is.

Humm ...

Four Lands you in Bretonnia
9...you end up in Brionne

The air and sun is warm and pleasant on your face.  Sitting up, you find yourself in a grassy field with small huts off in the distance and a small castle that looks like it is from right outside of a fairy tale.  Looking at yourself you realize to your shock that you've....changed.

Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:55 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru, post: 11093356, member: 30630 wrote:She's silent for a moment, obviously not believing you, but frankly she can't think of any other explanation for what happened to her kin. So she shrugs and says, "I am glad that you did not, not many of your kind would have that sort of restraint."

I shrug back. "Well, I'm not most people. And the more that the Empire and other forces that oppose the taint of the great enemy kill each other, the less there is to oppose the enemy of all that is good and pure in this world."

"The Human count and our kind have an agreement. A small number of their folk can move into the forest between the Demst and the Silver hills. However, it seems that recently the forest of its own volition seems to be rejecting them and either killing them or driving them out. My young kinsfolk seeing what the spirits were doing decided that it was the proper course of action and tried to join them. You have my apologies for my kin and my thanks for preventing a blood bath."

"Your apologies and thanks are appreciated lady. Not many of your kind would have taken the time to apologize to humans, so its a rather pleasant surprise." I give a slight smile. "I'm glad that my decision to prevent further bloodshed was the right one. And I hope that you'll knock some sense into your younger kin, this is no time to be killing each other when the dark forces are stirring in the world."

I give a sigh, my face grim, lowering my voice so that only the Wood elf mage and probably her guards can hear. "I know not what you and your kin know. But what's happening in this forest and beyond has given me reasons to be... weary, of the future. For the events appear to be building on each other. I fear that the forces of Chaos will launch a major incursion into the Empire. Using the current troubles to weaken it before hand. It would make a rather good amount of sense. According to what news I have been able to gather, your far off kin, the High Elves, are seemingly having trouble and are occupied with the dark cousins, the dark elves, the forests are ejecting the imperials. Kislev is facing the Kurgan tribes whom are on the move in unheard of numbers, and the Norscans are growing... agitated. This can't just be some coincidences. No, a storm is brewing, and it'll be a big one, those who stand against the dark had best prepare and brace themselves for the coming storm."

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:The ungors are swiftly dispatched with prodigious applications of LOG!

Scrambling around their corpses you manages to scrounge up 2 silver and 20 coppers worth of coin.

Not bad I guess...

You lop the heads off with relative ease, now how to carry 41 beastmen heads?

The same way I solve ALL of life's problems.... prodigious applications of LOG!

I built a sledge and nail them to it then carry it along behind me so I don't get blood on me.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:11 am

Psyckosama wrote:Not bad I guess...

eh

The same way I solve ALL of life's problems.... prodigious applications of LOG!

I built a sledge and nail them to it then carry it along behind me so I don't get blood on me.

What do you use for nails or rope? Their guts?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:What do you use for nails or rope?  Their guts?  

Rope? Who needs rope?

You'd be shocked the things you can do just using natural materials Smile

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:28 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Brian Boru wrote:What do you use for nails or rope?  Their guts?  

Rope? Who needs rope?

You'd be shocked the things you can do just using natural materials Smile

Alright then...after kludging together wood and bark and other things you manage to get all the head secure enough for transport.

Then with a shrug and a pull you're ready to go....

just..which way?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:33 am

Does it matter which way? I look for somesigns of civilization or something that will LEAD to it.

Any beastmen met are added to The Log.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:Does it matter which way? I look for somesigns of civilization or something that will LEAD to it.

You follow the trail for a week, finding a few streams to quench your thirst as needed. Killing whatever wildlife you can find and beat into a paste. One other band of beast men try to jump you but it fails about as spectacularly as before. By the end of the week, you finally sense that the trees are thinning out at least around the trail and that might be a plume of smoke ahead of you.

You finally break the tree line to the sight of a small village before you.

One farmer happens to look up and spots you coming out of the woods with 80 beast men nailed and spiked to a massive contraption. He stares at you, jaw gaping in shock, eyes bulging.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:Does it matter which way? I look for somesigns of civilization or something that will LEAD to it.

You follow the trail for a week, finding a few streams to quench your thirst as needed.  Killing whatever wildlife you can find and beat into a paste.  One other band of beast men try to jump you but it fails about as spectacularly as before. By the end of the week, you finally sense that the trees are thinning out at least around the trail and that might be a plume of smoke ahead of you.

You finally break the tree line to the sight of a small village before you.

One farmer happens to look up and spots you coming out of the woods with 80 beast men nailed and spiked to a massive contraption.  He stares at you, jaw gaping in shock, eyes bulging.

"Excuse me my good man," I say in as kindly and polite a manner as possible. "Would you please be so kind as to direct me to the lord's manor or possible the closest chapter house of the Imperial Road Wardens? As you can see I've had a somewhat successful hunting trip but my prizes are beginning to generate quite the smell."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Excuse me my good man," I say in as kindly and polite a manner as possible. "Would you please be so kind as to direct me to the lord's manor or possible the closest chapter house of the Imperial Road Wardens? As you can see I've had a somewhat successful hunting trip but my prizes are beginning to generate quite the smell."

The farmer continues to stare for a long while, then he turns around and sprints back towards town screaming his head off.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top