You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:20 am

I sigh deeply and I keep walking... muttering about mud eating peasants.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:I sigh deeply and I keep walking... muttering about mud eating peasants.

You make it about halfway to the village before about 10 armed men come storming their way towards you with them is an official looking individual with better arms and armor along with a hammer for a weapon.

He strides forwards, looks you and your kills over then says. "Alright stranger, would you mind telling me who you are and what the story is behind that?" He points at the contraption you built to carry your beastmen heads.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:You make it about halfway to the village before about 10 armed men come storming their way towards you with them is an official looking individual with better arms and armor along with a hammer for a weapon.

He strides forwards, looks you and your kills over then says.  "Alright stranger, would you mind telling me who you are and what the story is behind that?"  He points at the contraption you built to carry your beastmen heads.

"Ah, a local official. Wonderful. My name is [TEMPORALLY REDACTED] as you can see I have quite the bounty to turn in... as for the... strange setup, my bags and rope were damaged in combat and I was required to... improvise."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:58 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Ah, a local official. Wonderful. My name is [TEMPORALLY REDACTED] as you can see I have quite the bounty to turn in... as for the... strange setup, my bags and rope were damaged in combat and I was required to... improvise."

He stares at you and at the contraption. "improvise" he mutters. Then he shakes his head and turns back to you. "I'm Gunther Adelhard. Road Warden of the Empire. I if you would follow me then I believe we can get your...bounty settled away." He then turns to the troops and calmly nods which seems to calm them down and they return to the village.

As you move through the village people stop and stare at the macabre procession men and women move out of the way and mothers pull their children close to them. A few of the older men, those with scars on their arms or face seem to be duly impressed at the carnage you're dragging along while one or two younger women seem more interested in the big man carrying them.

Eventually you reach a coach house on the other side of town from which you arrived. Gunther turns back to you and says, "If you would leave that outside, we can come in and settle the bounty. Though you must tell me how you did that."

As you head in, people begin to gather around the log to examine the heads.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:He stares at you and at the contraption.  "improvise" he mutters.  Then he shakes his head and turns back to you.  "I'm Gunther Adelhard.  Road Warden of the Empire.  I if you would follow me then I believe we can get your...bounty settled away."  He then turns to the troops and calmly nods which seems to calm them down and they return to the village.

"Thank you good sir," I reply with a polite smile on my face. "Lead the way."

As you move through the village people stop and stare at the macabre procession men and women move out of the way and mothers pull their children close to them.  A few of the older men, those with scars on their arms or face seem to be duly impressed at the carnage you're dragging along while one or two younger women seem more interested in the big man carrying them.  

I wink at the ladies of course!

Eventually you reach a coach house on the other side of town from which you arrived.  Gunther turns back to you and says, "If you would leave that outside, we can come in and settle the bounty.  Though you must tell me how you did that."

"A strong arm, a good axe, and the willingness to work hard work are all a man needs to get by in the world. That's how."

As you head in, people begin to gather around the log to examine the heads.

I look at them and then look at him. "Mind if someone keeps guard to prevent trophy taking? I know what I have but I don't want any miscounts on account of some anxious young man wanting the skull of a foul beast to show off."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:22 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Thank you good sir," I reply with a polite smile on my face. "Lead the way."

"Well you're certainly polite for a Norscan." He mutters before he heads onward.

I wink at the ladies of course!

The moment they know that you know that they are watching you they flush and hide in their homes.

"A strong arm, a good axe, and the willingness to work hard work are all a man needs to get by in the world. That's how."

"Indeed..." He muses.

I look at them and then look at him. "Mind if someone keeps guard to prevent trophy taking? I know what I have but I don't want any miscounts on account of some anxious young man wanting the skull of a foul beast to show off."

He looks back at the crowd and nods indicating that two of the militia go watch the LOG so that nothing is removed.

He heads in and after rummaging around a back room, he finds a piece of parchment and begins writing something down. Then he heads out and walks up and down the log and counts the heads "1 minotaur, 20 gors, 60 ungor my what even numbers that does make things easier...."

Then he scribbles down on the parchment again. Then he turns to you and says in a loud and clear voice, "In the Name of Emperor Karl Franz, Graf Boris Todbringer Elector count of Middenland, and Count Heinrich von Uder of Mittleweg, I Gunther Adelhard, road warden of the Empire, do reward [Temporarily Blank] the bounty of 1 minotaur, 20 gors, and 60 ungors which is a total of 3 gold crowns and 10 silver shillings. May Ulric bless you and your efforts this day."

He then hands you the paper then pulls out a pouch and hands it to you, when you look inside there is the money that he said would be there.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Well you're certainly polite for a Norscan." He mutters before he heads onward.

"I may be of Norskin origin but that is no excuse for rudeness. We aren't all chaos worshiping barbarians."

The moment they know that you know that they are watching you they flush and hide in their homes.

Grin! Wink

"Indeed..." He muses.

I simply chuckle in amusement with a large smile.

He looks back at the crowd and nods indicating that two of the militia go watch the LOG so that nothing is removed.  

"Thank you my good sir."

He heads in and after rummaging around a back room, he finds a piece of parchment and begins writing something down.  Then he heads out and walks up and down the log and counts the heads "1 minotaur, 20 gors, 60 ungor my what even numbers that does make things easier...."

"Very convenient I'd say myself."

Then he scribbles down on the parchment again.  Then he turns to you and says in a loud and clear voice, "In the Name of Emperor Karl Franz, Graf Boris Todbringer Elector count of Middenland, and Count Heinrich von Uder of Mittleweg, I Gunther Adelhard, road warden of the Empire, do reward [Temporarily Blank] the bounty of 1 minotaur, 20 gors, and 60 ungors which is a total of 3 gold crowns and 10 silver shillings.  May Ulric bless you and your efforts this day."

"Thank you very much my good man."

He then hands you the paper then pulls out a pouch and hands it to you, when you look inside there is the money that he said would be there.

I read the letter, check the money, then smile. "Thank you good sir. Would you know anyone in the area who could use a strong arm with a strong work ethic?"

After that line of conversation

"Now, if I may beg my leave, I believe I shall speak to the proprietor. I could badly do with a bath and a hot meal. A week in the woods dragging around a log covered in heads will make anyone feel like they've been rolling around in an Altdorf gutter."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:00 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I may be of Norskin origin but that is no excuse for rudeness. We aren't all chaos worshiping barbarians."

he nods and continues on.

Grin! Wink

heh

I simply chuckle in amusement with a large smile.

Heh

"Thank you my good sir."

"Not a problem"

"Very convenient I'd say myself."

He smirks at this and continues his tally.

"Thank you very much my good man."

"Just don't spend it all in one place."

I read the letter, check the money, then smile. "Thank you good sir. Would you know anyone in the area who could use a strong arm with a strong work ethic?"

He's silent for a moment, then he says that there is talk that Count von Uder in Mittlewerg is planning on hiring mercernaries to start a clearing of his lands of Beastmen. He thinks that you might peak his interest.

"Now, if I may beg my  leave, I believe I shall speak to the proprietor. I could badly do with a bath and a hot meal. A week in the woods dragging around a log covered in heads will make anyone feel like they've been rolling around in an Altdorf gutter."

Seemingly now just noticing your smell, he snorts in an attempt to clear his nose and says, "By all means."

For four pence you get a bath and a private room for the night. The innkeeper, a slightly tubby man, asks what you'd be having for dinner once you're done with your bath?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:He smirks at this and continues his tally.

"Wish there was another doombull though."

"Just don't spend it all in one place."

"Not all, but enough."

He's silent for a moment, then he says that there is talk that Count von Uder in Mittlewerg is planning on hiring mercernaries to start a clearing of his lands of Beastmen.  He thinks that you might peak his interest.

"Flat pay or per head?

Seemingly now just noticing your smell, he snorts in an attempt to clear his nose and says, "By all means."

I nod. "Can do."

For four pence you get a bath and a private room for the night.  The innkeeper, a slightly tubby man, asks what you'd be having for dinner once you're done with your bath?

"A roast pig and a keg of ale."

OMNOMNOMNOM!

BTW, I ask around. If anyone can point me at a large group of beastmen I'd be happy to murder the shit out of them!

Otherwise... its onto town!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Wish there was another doombull though."

That gets a bunch of looks from everyone watching.

"Not all, but enough."

People's ears seem to prick up at that.

"Flat pay or per head?

"I'm not entirely sure, you'd have to go and see for yourself."

I nod. "Can do."

"Alright."

"A roast pig and a keg of ale."

The innkeeper stares at that but eventually nods and heads back downstairs.

When you head downstairs there is a literal feast waiting for you.  An entire young pig, a loaf of bread, several boiled turnips, a large block of hard cheese, a bowl of butter, and a heap cabbage as a side... probably enough for several men. 2s and 6p

The few people that came in after you went in stare at that smorgasbord.

OMNOMNOMNOM!

Then stare even harder when you pack it all away with relative ease.

BTW, I ask around. If anyone can point me at a large group of beastmen I'd be happy to murder the shit out of them!

Throw a rock is the general response.

Otherwise... its onto town!

When you head into town you notice a blacksmith and tailor shop being the two primary shops in the place.  When people see you enter the village they stop to stare as you walk by.  Anything you're looking for?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:That gets a bunch of looks from everyone watching.

"They're a crown a head."

People's ears seem to prick up at that.

"I'm hungry."

"I'm not entirely sure, you'd have to go and see for yourself."

"I think I will."

The innkeeper stares at that but eventually nods and heads back downstairs.

"Thank you..."

When you head downstairs there is a literal feast waiting for you.  An entire young pig, a loaf of bread, several boiled turnips, a large block of hard cheese, a bowl of butter, and a heap cabbage as a side... probably enough for several men. 2s and 6p

Paid in full

(now 3g 3s 6p)

The few people that came in after you went in stare at that smorgasbord.

Oh yeah!

Then stare even harder when you pack it all away with relative ease.

BURRRP!

Throw a rock is the general response.

"I love Middenland."

When you head into town you notice a blacksmith and tailor shop being the two primary shops in the place.  When people see you enter the village they stop to stare as you walk by.  Anything you're looking for?

General clothes, maybe some armor eventually, but first I think I'll visit the Baron to see about that mercenary work and I bring the receipt as evidence of my ability...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:30 am

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe, brace of throwing axes.
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, warkilt, furred leggings, sack with food.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz

The Baron nods and then calls for a scribe to make a message to Elector Count Valmir von Raukov and to be sent as quickly as possible.
This could be either very, very bad. Or very, very good. I just jumped into the deep end of the pool, didn't I?

After the meeting, the Baron officially hires you on as a retainer to his household, while thrifty to the point of miserly like most Ostlanders, only a screaming moron wouldn't treat a man of your skills with all the respect you deserve so room, board, and pay are quickly offered. When interested in some missile weapons the Baron actually pays for them himself actually a little curious as what you can do with throwing weapons, considering your extreme strength.

You find that you instinctively know how to use your weapons with relative ease and when you throw something, it flies faster and harder than a dwarven ballista bolt. You also hunt with the wolves, the fact you can keep up with them so well, even if they are the ones that have to sniff out the prey, earns a ton of respect in them for you and while you doubt they'll ever really warm up to any other humans (save Piet and it's astounding how that kid gets among them while they all act like giant puppies with him.) they won't snap at someone unless they act in a hostile manner.
Well, put on a little show for the Baron. I know a little about juggling,(though my limit is five items) so how about that old trick where you start juggling items one by one, until you've got them all in the air, then *thwack* *thwack* *thwack* *thwack* *thwack*. Probably need to practice though. Bit of difference between balls and axes.

Aside from that, help out, do some work. Act like a retainer. Get to know whose who in the castle.
While Piet misses home a bit, he'd much rather hang around with you because frankly, you're the most exciting thing he's ever come across.

You can speak Reikspiel...and understand most of the various dialects there off as well as read it. Other languages...

Ostlanders are bullox stubborn, hidebound, and fight with incredible tenacity. OOC: I have a pdf of Sons of Sigmar which has an overview of all the provinces. If interested PM me.

What kind of tech do you mean? It's roughly early Rennaissance though Heavy Cavalry and knights still have value.
Hmm, let's see if Piet would like some training in fighting. Show him the bare basics, and have perform some exercises. 

Rifling? I think they're only using blunderbusses, right? The use of Coke and the Hot Blast technique in Blast furnaces. The Scots Plough. The recipe for cement. Mathematics, I can only go up to calculus and trig though.

Last edited by bzzt3421 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Format problems)

bzzt3421

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:53 am

Psyckosama wrote:"They're a crown a head."

"An' they cn' bite yer head off." One wit mentions.

"I'm hungry."

And then droop.

"I think I will."

"We could use men like you."

BURRRP!

And it was good.

"I love Middenland."

You get more looks for that comment.

General clothes, maybe some armor eventually, but first I think I'll visit the Baron to see about that mercenary work and I bring the receipt as evidence of my ability...

Well there's a few head of cattle being sent to Mittleweg for butchering a few days from now, you could go with the trio of men taking them there if you wish.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:"An' they cn' bite yer head off."  One wit mentions.

I simply smile. "They can try."

And then droop.

Heh.

"We could use men like you."

I simply smirk.

And it was good.

Oh yes.

You get more looks for that comment.

"Very easy to earn honest coin."

Well there's a few head of cattle being sent to Mittleweg for butchering a few days from now, you could go with the trio of men taking them there if you wish.

"I'll walk.

And I do... at a very brisk pace. I leave early in the day to arrive around, say, noonish?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:23 am

Four Lands you in Bretonnia
9...you end up in Brionne

The air and sun is warm and pleasant on your face.  Sitting up, you find yourself in a grassy field with small huts off in the distance and a small castle that looks like it is from right outside of a fairy tale.  Looking at yourself you realize to your shock that you've....changed.

... on one hand, I could think of worse things. On the other, lack of modern medicine and little things like, oh ... indoor plumbing ... is going to make things awkward.

For now I try to not hyperventilate, panic, and spend the rest of the day rocking back and forth in a catatonic stupor.

I could spend a good long while puzzling out the metaphysical implications of suddenly being somewhere in medievalania while _wearing what appears to the be the body of the son of the Fenriswulf_. Instead, I take stock of what I have on me in terms of weapons and equipment. Particularly little things like, oh, food.

Then I find a hill. Preferably an unoccupied one - the castle is likely sitting on the biggest one in the area, after all. Learning the lay of the land seems prudent.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Brian Boru, post: 11093356, member: 30630 wrote:"Oh isn't that lovely." The sarcasm is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"Hardly," Fredrick replied with a snort, "I understand you're trying to be sarcastic, but the restless dead are no laughing matter."

I glance back over towards that tree to see if there is any hint of that shadowy figure. Most likely the Necromancer or vamp who raised these ugly mothers....

For a moment you think you spy the figure... think.

"My thanks Herr Frederick." I say when I catch the bottle of water. Squeezing enough to fill my hand I proceed to wash myself and my gear off as best as I can, though I'll save the last mouthful's worth and take a swig to wet my parched throat.

Even with all of that water you still have the distinct aura of pulped zombie about you.

You need a bath, dood.

When I finish I look at the others who are currently staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You're a strong one, aren't you Norskin."

There's a calculating look about them. "Mind telling us how you came to be here?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:35 pm

OOC: God Damn It!!  I had the whole thing written out, then the forum devoured my reply. Here's a shorter one as I forgot most of what I had written.

Name: Visorex Skarin
Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
Money: 144 Gold, 1 silver, 2 copper

Army: 2 Heavy Infantry, 2 Archers
Assets: 2 Riding Horse

\"Brian Boru wrote:
Heh heh

The gesture of camaraderie and the offer of respect to the Earl along with the image of putting the hurt on Greenskins especially with you there at the front seems to ease everyone's nerves and now that they think they've gotten your measure many plans are hatched by both male and female minds.

I will have to be mindful of what these noble men and women have in store for me, the women especially. While many of their plans will serve to expand the power and influence of both myself and them, others may well try to build themselves over my cooling corpse. We're in for interesting times ahead Smile

Lord Hincmar recovers quickly enough, and raises a chalice in response, "And may the Lady bless you in all your endeavors Sir Skarin."
I smile at the Earl's reply and down my drink in one go.

He smiles and after mentioning his first name is Roger, says, "Oh I'm quite alright sir Skarin, I've been knocked off my horse more than once and it hasn't killed me yet. And yes I'll have that lance head set for the melee tomorrow don't you worry.

"Finally there will be the grand melee, here all the competitors will have a giant free for after charging on horse back from the outside of the ring and will fight with every weapon save the lance until there is a final winner. Purse will be worth 125 gold and a small fief anywhere in Hincmar's holdings. Another attempt at getting SOMETHING further up in the Massif Orcal obviously but no one comments. Hincmar's a bit twitchy on the subject.
OOC: Since we won't be fighting with the lance, I'll assume he says he'll be good and ready for tomorrow's melee.

IC: I chuckle and say "Never the less, it is good to see you are well." I'll follow this with some friendly banter on tomorrow's competition with "Though I'm sure a knight as skilled at arms as yourself will do quite well in tomorrow's melee, I'm afraid I'll have to take first place for myself" I'll engage in some more small talk with Sir Roger and inquire a little about his sister before excusing myself to go talk to said sister.

After your first two days of mauling the competition left and right, many are favoring you to be the winner of the grand melee tomorrow, at least from what you've managed to overhear from other conversations. You also notice that possibly every single unmarried woman in the room, (including even one of the damsels and some married women) are watching you like a cat watches an unassuming mouse. Luckily you spot Jessamine nearby her father as well as Igrette and Isolde on the other side of the room.

I'll head towards Lady Jessamine before one of these circling cats bites off my head. As I approach I'll say "Greeting Lady Jessamine, I hope you are enjoying the festivities. I must say you are looking exceptionally beautiful this evening." After this, we'll talk a little about the earlier joust "Your brother is an excellent Lancer, he was by far my greatest challenger during the earlier Joust. What did you think of the competition, were the competitors as skilled as in other tournaments you've seen?"
afterthought53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Coin: None
Loot: 7500 Gp worth of goods and animal flesh

OC: Oh no, that is not in the cards at all. It's just that until I learn how to control my new found strength perfectly and when I find a lady that I will want to go after then that will change. As I would rather avoid the whole killing my partner in a moment of passion with castle destroying power, as just one slip up there would make things really messed up. Plus, since I know that this power is in the genes, I want to avoid the whole making large amounts of babies of doom that chaos can get a shot at grabbing.

Alright then.

"Bwahahahahahahah! Yes you ugly bastards, it works and I'll have it known now that I have no interests in any of your ugly asses. An that I still greatly enjoy the fairer sex by far like any normal man. But as you all know, all real power comes with a cost and until I learn how to master the one that comes with mine. I'll not be able to enjoy the pleasures of a lady.

There some nervous laughter at that.

Though does the man that has the balls to make jest like that from the safety of the crowd also have them to show me his face or does his courage only go this far? An are there any more questions any of you might have?" I finish while looking over the crowd of my men.

There's dead silence.

Well then for now I'll march with her and talk with her, so I can find out more about her an get to know her better. While also telling her about myself if she asks to take her mind off of what happen last night. So that hopefully once we get to the Jarl's group she will be either be on the road to recovery to her old self or there already.

She tells you her name is Renee d'Artigen, she'd always enjoyed music and riding whenever she could which wasn't often when she'd live a hostage.

Then once we meet back up with the other group I'll have my people merge back up with the Jarl's an request a meeting with the man so that I can give him a full brief of what happen since we parted.

When you march back to the rendezvous point you find that Jarl Igvar is already waiting for you.  When he sees what you're bringing in he's more than a little stunned at your sucess.  Of the 700 men you left with 650 are able to walk back and you're dragging 7500 gold crowns in loot.

Igvar had 100 casualties and managed to gather 3600 gold crowns of loot, you notice there are many more slaves among the other band.

Igvar is far more than impressed at your actions and your success.  "Well I did say that you would be held to your promise by wergild for two raids...but after this sort of success....I think I can release you from your debt once we get home."

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

I shrug back. "Well, I'm not most people. And the more that the Empire and other forces that oppose the taint of the great enemy kill each other, the less there is to oppose the enemy of all that is good and pure in this world."

"Such wisdom from a human."

"Your apologies and thanks are appreciated lady. Not many of your kind would have taken the time to apologize to humans, so its a rather pleasant surprise." I give a slight smile. "I'm glad that my decision to prevent further bloodshed was the right one. And I hope that you'll knock some sense into your younger kin, this is no time to be killing each other when the dark forces are stirring in the world."

"We'll try."

I give a sigh, my face grim, lowering my voice so that only the Wood elf mage and probably her guards can hear. "I know not what you and your kin know. But what's happening in this forest and beyond has given me reasons to be... weary, of the future. For the events appear to be building on each other. I fear that the forces of Chaos will launch a major incursion into the Empire. Using the current troubles to weaken it before hand. It would make a rather good amount of sense. According to what news I have been able to gather, your far off kin, the High Elves, are seemingly having trouble and are occupied with the dark cousins, the dark elves, the forests are ejecting the imperials. Kislev is facing the Kurgan tribes whom are on the move in unheard of numbers, and the Norscans are growing... agitated. This can't just be some coincidences. No, a storm is brewing, and it'll be a big one, those who stand against the dark had best prepare and brace themselves for the coming storm."

She silent for a while, "You are certainly a well informed human.  Might we speak later?"

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin

This could be either very, very bad. Or very, very good. I just jumped into the deep end of the pool, didn't I?

You're entering the big leagues boyo

Well, put on a little show for the Baron. I know a little about juggling,(though my limit is five items) so how about that old trick where you start juggling items one by one, until you've got them all in the air, then *thwack* *thwack* *thwack* *thwack* *thwack*. Probably need to practice though. Bit of difference between balls and axes.

He's quite impressed and he feels vindicated in the money he spent on you.

Aside from that, help out, do some work. Act like a retainer. Get to know whose who in the castle.

Well it's a pretty typical Ostlander holding, austere and worn but solidly and well taken care of the folk are a bit blunt but they warm up to you a bit once you helped with something heavy and most of the young women of the castle and the settlement around it are impressed with your...physique...

Hmm, let's see if Piet would like some training in fighting. Show him the bare basics, and have perform some exercises.

While Piet obviously isn't going to be nearly as strong as you are he takes to your ax and sword style very quickly and he does well when you put him through some physical paces.  

It was the day after one of these lessons that the cook, a large beefy man storms up to you dragging along Piet and another boy with some slight resemblance to him.  Apparently his boy and yours got in a fight and Piet beat the unholy crap out of the other kid, despite Piet being a year younger and 30 pounds lighter (not all fat) than him.  

Psyckosama wrote:I simply smile. "They can try."

"Aye they can."  He says looking back at the heads on the Log.

I simply smirk.

Heh

"Very easy to earn honest coin."

"Or get killed and bring a whole herd on someone else."

"I'll walk.

Most folk give you a look but shrug and say "Suit yourself."

And I do... at a very brisk pace. I leave early in the day to arrive around, say, noonish?

Well you trot along the road at about the speed a horse can gallop.  Roughly half way there, you stumble across a wagon that broke an axle.  The wagon seems to belong to a farmer and his family, a wife and three younger kids.

Rieverre wrote:... on one hand, I could think of worse things. On the other, lack of modern medicine and little things like, oh ... indoor plumbing ... is going to make things awkward.

For now I try to not hyperventilate, panic, and spend the rest of the day rocking back and forth in a catatonic stupor.

I could spend a good long while puzzling out the metaphysical implications of suddenly being somewhere in medievalania while _wearing what appears to the be the body of the son of the Fenriswulf_. Instead, I take stock of what I have on me in terms of weapons and equipment. Particularly little things like, oh, food.

Then I find a hill. Preferably an unoccupied one - the castle is likely sitting on the biggest one in the area, after all. Learning the lay of the land seems prudent.

Oddly enough though the biggest hill you can find is empty, the castle is actually close to the village in a way that's seemingly aesthetically pleasing.  Odd that.

You have to move through a forest in order to reach the place, but right when you're about to reach the bottom of the hill the sound of a horn and crashing hooves sound off right next to you and before you can react several mounted men in bright clothing are thundering right towards you in their chase after a stag.

Psyckosama wrote:"Hardly," Fredrick replied with a snort, "I understand you're trying to be sarcastic, but the restless dead are no laughing matter."

"Oh I understand that, I wasn't laughing.  It's just my reaction to a bad situation I apologize."

For a moment you think you spy the figure... think.

I watch the spot a while longer, if I still can see anything then I'll let it go for now.  Ugly fucker should show himself eventually.

Even with all of that water you still have the distinct aura of pulped zombie about you.

You need a bath, dood.

Maybe but every bit helps.

"You're a strong one, aren't you Norskin."

There's a calculating look about them. "Mind telling us how you came to be here?"

"That depends on where here is?  I've been up in those mountains for months.  I think I entered then somewhere in Estalia and I've finally managed to get out of them in the last couple of days."

"As for my strength...well I've always been a strong son of a bitch.  Why I don't know I just am.  When I was about 18 I left my tribe in South-West Norsca and decided to wander the world.  If I would hazard a guess I'm in the Empire right now right?

afterthought53 wrote:OOC: God Damn It!!  I had the whole thing written out, then the forum devoured my reply. Here's a shorter one as I forgot most of what I had written.

I will have to be mindful of what these noble men and women have in store for me, the women especially. While many of their plans will serve to expand the power and influence of both myself and them, others may well try to build themselves over my cooling corpse. We're in for interesting times ahead Smile

heh heh

I smile at the Earl's reply and down my drink in one go.

It's very good wine.

I chuckle and say "Never the less, it is good to see you are well." I'll follow this with some friendly banter on tomorrow's competition with "Though I'm sure a knight as skilled at arms as yourself will do quite well in tomorrow's melee, I'm afraid I'll have to take first place for myself" I'll engage in some more small talk with Sir Roger and inquire a little about his sister before excusing myself to go talk to said sister.

Roger chuckles a bit at your predictions and says, "Considering the last two days, I would have to agree with you."

Roger raises an eyebrow when you mention Jessamine and then laughs saying that she's quite taken by you and that he hasn't seen her this happy in a long time.  Though he does mention that if that happy goes away because of you he'll find someway to make you hurt, no matter how long it takes.

I'll head towards Lady Jessamine before one of these circling cats bites off my head. As I approach I'll say "Greeting Lady Jessamine, I hope you are enjoying the festivities. I must say you are looking exceptionally beautiful this evening." After this, we'll talk a little about the earlier joust "Your brother is an excellent Lancer, he was by far my greatest challenger during the earlier Joust. What did you think of the competition, were the competitors as skilled as in other tournaments you've seen?"

Jessamine is glad to see you when you arrive and she says that she is quite enjoying the night.  She flushes when you comment her though she does thank you for the comment.

She nods and says that normally she always cheers for her brother and hopes for him to win though today she was more than a little torn on that last joust.  She thought that it was as fine as any jousting she'd seen before though she thought that you in particular were spectacular like one of Gilles' companions come again.[/quote]
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Aye they can."  He says looking back at the heads on the Log.

"Not well enough, though."

"Or get killed and bring a whole herd on someone else."

I laugh as if he just said a joke. "Good one, my friend!"

Most folk give you a look but shrug and say "Suit yourself."

"I walk quickly."

Well you trot along the road at about the speed a horse can gallop.  Roughly half way there, you stumble across a wagon that broke an axle.  The wagon seems to belong to a farmer and his family, a wife and three younger kids.

Grind to a halt.

"Hmmm... you seem to be in difficult straights, friend. Would you like a hand changing your axle, mister...?"

IF I get a yes... and maybe after a friendly chat

"Give me a moment would you...?"

I walk into the forest and moment later they hear a loud crashing sound. About 2 minutes later I walk back into sight dragging a tree that is about as wide as a man's torso. Then I cut it into two lengths, one that is a bit longer than the wagon is wide and another that is a bit taller as the wagon is high off the ground. The rest I just pause for a moment and split it into a large number of neatly cut boards and the scraps into useful firewood (Waste not want not!)

I one hand lift the wagon's end off of the ground and slip the log under it like a jack. Then I remove the old axel and look over it. Then after removing the wheels and gently pulling out any nails holding on any metal parts (WITH MY HANDS) I use it as a template to use one of my knives to carve the heart of the log into a new axle, then I mount the new metal bits and press in the nails to mount them with my mighty thumb!

Then I pop on the new axle, rig it up, and pop out the log, which goes on the firewood pile.

"It was my pleasure, and feel free to take the lumber. I have no need for it but I bet you could get some coin for it. More than enough to get a professionally made axle if you believe this one won't last."

Psyckosama wrote:"Oh I understand that, I wasn't laughing.  It's just my reaction to a bad situation I apologize."

He simply nods, understanding. He doesn't seem to be judging you.

I watch the spot a while longer, if I still can see anything then I'll let it go for now.  Ugly fucker should show himself eventually.

Oh, you do see something but you're not sure what...

Maybe but every bit helps.

At least you're not dripping rotten brains.

"That depends on where here is?  I've been up in those mountains for months.  I think I entered then somewhere in Estalia and I've finally managed to get out of them in the last couple of days."

They share a look. "Boy... do I look like I was born yesterday?"

"As for my strength...well I've always been a strong son of a bitch.  Why I don't know I just am.  When I was about 18 I left my tribe in South-West Norsca and decided to wander the world.  If I would hazard a guess I'm in the Empire right now right?

"Averland. Quite the ways away from Estalia."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Not well enough, though."

Stares

I laugh as if he just said a joke. "Good one, my friend!"

That seemed to have pricked a nerve there because a lot of folks are glaring at you.

"I walk quickly."

More looks.

Grind to a halt.

"Hmmm... you seem to be in difficult straights, friend. Would you like a hand changing your axle, mister...?"

"Hansel. And yes any help you could give would be appreciated, my family and I are trying to get back home to Basdahl."

IF I get a yes... and maybe after a friendly chat

"Give me a moment would you...?"

I walk into the forest and moment later they hear a loud crashing sound. About 2 minutes later I walk back into sight dragging a tree that is about as wide as a man's torso. Then I cut it into two lengths, one that is a bit longer than the wagon is wide and another that is a bit taller as the wagon is high off the ground. The rest I just pause for a moment and split it into a large number of neatly cut boards and the scraps into useful firewood (Waste not want not!)

I one hand lift the wagon's end off of the ground and slip the log under it like a jack. Then I remove the old axel and look over it. Then after removing the wheels and gently pulling out any nails holding on any metal parts (WITH MY HANDS) I use it as a template to use one of my knives to carve the heart of the log into a new axle, then I mount the new metal bits and press in the nails to mount them with my mighty thumb!

Then I pop on the new axle, rig it up, and pop out the log, which goes on the firewood pile.

"It was my pleasure, and feel free to take the lumber. I have no need for it but I bet you could get some coin for it. More than enough to get a professionally made axle if you believe this one won't last."

The entire family are staring in shock at you while the father is stammering, "What...but...you..that...how...did...huh?"

Psyckosama wrote:He simply nods, understanding. He doesn't seem to be judging you.

Relief

Oh, you do see something but you're not sure what...

I intend to try examine that spot later on and see what I can find.

At least you're not dripping rotten brains.

Small mercies and all that.

They share a look. "Boy... do I look like I was born yesterday?"

I sigh, "Damn I was hoping that would work...alright I'm fresh from the border princes I managed to piss off some brass-pot wannabe Bretonnian knight when I broke his gate after a long night of drinking. Last time I ever down a barrel of Bugman's....oh right I also have a bunch of angry dwarves as well....well if they didn't want anyone drinking their special beer then they shouldn't have left it where I could accidentally break down a 3ft thick wall and find it."

"Averland. Quite the ways away from Estalia."

"Or the border princes I guess. So what outfit do you fine gents work for?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 pm

[quote="Brian Boru"]
Psyckosama wrote:That seemed to have pricked a nerve there because a lot of folks are glaring at you.

My face levels. "Friend, if you can find enough Beastmen in on place to even make me consider stealth, you'd best be heading to Middenheim to hide behind the walls."

"Hansel.  And yes any help you could give would be appreciated, my family and I are trying to get back home to Basdahl."

"Hm. Just left there. Well, none the matter. I'll do what I can... if you'll excuse me?"

Wink

The entire family are staring in shock at you while the father is stammering, "What...but...you..that...how...did...huh?"

I simply make a muscle and give it a pat. "I work out."

Anyways, off to the town.

Psyckosama wrote:I intend to try examine that spot later on and see what I can find.

Right.

Tell me when.

Small mercies and all that.

Indeed.

I sigh, "Damn I was hoping that would work...alright I'm fresh from the border princes I managed to piss off some brass-pot wannabe Bretonnian knight when I broke his gate after a long night of drinking.  Last time I ever down a barrel of Bugman's....oh right I also have a bunch of angry dwarves as well....well if they didn't want anyone drinking their special beer then they shouldn't have left it where I could accidentally break down a 3ft thick wall and find it."

"And how did you come to break down a 3 foot wall," Fredrick asks.

"And I have to guess you're not talking garden gates..." said another before getting a glare from Fredrick.

"Or the border princes I guess.  So what outfit do you fine gents work for?"

"We're currently in the employ of the Temple of Morr.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Psyckosama wrote:My face levels. "Friend, if you can find enough Beastmen in on place to even make me consider stealth, you'd best be heading to Middenheim to hide behind the walls."

He looks back at the LOG and then has to nod in agreement.

"Hm. Just left there. Well, none the matter. I'll do what I can... if you'll excuse me?"

Wink

Heh

I simply make a muscle and give it a pat. "I work out."

Anyways, off to the town.

With a high harsh laugh the farmer turns to his wife, "Work out he says....did you hear that dear...."  THUD the man passes out.

Psyckosama wrote:Right.

Tell me when.

Alright.

"And how did you come to break down a 3 foot wall," Fredrick asks.

"And I have to guess you're not talking garden gates..." said another before getting a glare from Fredrick.

"...I...I tripped and slammed head first into the wall....wasn't looking where I was walking, there was a pretty girl leaning out of a window from the second floor trying to get her laundry and her hem was really loose....and she was kinda...healthy..."

"As for the city gate, I think my reasoning at the time was I thought it was insulting my mother...."  I'm looking rather embarrassed at this point.

"We're currently in the employ of the Temple of Morr.

I nod and point at the corpses we dealt with, "And I assume those are why Morr's priests are hiring right now?  How bad is it?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:You're entering the big leagues boyo

He's quite impressed and he feels vindicated in the money he spent on you.

Well it's a pretty typical Ostlander holding, austere and worn but solidly and well taken care of the folk are a bit blunt but they warm up to you a bit once you helped with something heavy and most of the young women of the castle and the settlement around it are impressed with your...physique...
Well good to know he's getting his money's worth. 

Surprising, not that much, but still you'd think someone capable of crushing a boulder with his bare hands would be treated with a little more caution. 

While Piet obviously isn't going to be nearly as strong as you are he takes to your ax and sword style very quickly and he does well when you put him through some physical paces.  

It was the day after one of these lessons that the cook, a large beefy man storms up to you dragging along Piet and another boy with some slight resemblance to him.  Apparently his boy and yours got in a fight and Piet beat the unholy crap out of the other kid, despite Piet being a year younger and 30 pounds lighter (not all fat) than him.

Huh, well obviously someone learned a bit better then I though he would. Okay, let's take it from the top. Cook's kid you first. 

Alright, now you Piet.

bzzt3421

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
He looks back at the LOG and then has to nod in agreement.

Yep. Nod.

With a high harsh laugh the farmer turns to his wife, "Work out he says....did you hear that dear...."  THUD the man passes out.

"Poor fella. Musta had a hard day..."

I load him, and the wood, into the wagon. "Ma'am I take you you'll be able to take over from here?"

And onto the capitol...

Psyckosama wrote:

"...I...I tripped and slammed head first into the wall....wasn't looking where I was walking, there was a pretty girl leaning out of a window from the second floor trying to get her laundry and her hem was really loose....and she was kinda...healthy..."
[/quote]

There's some snickering.

One of them asks, "How 'healthy'?"

"As for the city gate, I think my reasoning at the time was I thought it was insulting my mother...."  I'm looking rather embarrassed at this point.

"This knight and these dwarves won't be coming for you any time soon will they?"

I nod and point at the corpses we dealt with, "And I assume those are why Morr's priests are hiring right now?  How bad is it?"
"Nothing exceptional, just the normal dregs dropping out of Sylvania."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:26 pm

Name: Cameron the Wanderer

There's dead silence.
"Really, now that is just shameful." I say in disgust once no one else either steps frontward or has the brains/courage to ask another question. Before turning away an walking away from the gathering back to my tent. Through not before I make it a point to kill the maimed ones off.

She tells you her name is Renee d'Artigen, she'd always enjoyed music and riding whenever she could which wasn't often when she'd live a hostage.
"Well why where you a hostage?" I ask with interest as I figured there was story there that might be worth knowing.

When you march back to the rendezvous point you find that Jarl Igvar is already waiting for you.  When he sees what you're bringing in he's more than a little stunned at your sucess.  Of the 700 men you left with 650 are able to walk back and you're dragging 7500 gold crowns in loot.

Igvar had 100 casualties and managed to gather 3600 gold crowns of loot, you notice there are many more slaves among the other band.

Igvar is far more than impressed at your actions and your success.  "Well I did say that you would be held to your promise by wergild for two raids...but after this sort of success....I think I can release you from your debt once we get home."
"Well then that will certainly make life easier. Though I must ask will we have enough room for all the loot we have here, as I fear with what both of us brought back might be too much for the boats to ferry back." I say with good cheer.

"Though on another note my Jarl, the noblewomen we have gained in this last raid. Would it be possible to have her get started on some training with the shieldmaidens once we get back home or will I have to find another means for her to learn our trade of steel an valor? As I feel that there is a fire there that would be of good use to our people there."
Ironforge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 am

heh heh

It's very good wine.
Such wine should be savored but tradition dictates that when making a grand toast, one is to down their drink.

Roger chuckles a bit at your predictions and says, "Considering the last two days, I would have to agree with you."

Roger raises an eyebrow when you mention Jessamine and then laughs saying that she's quite taken by you and that he hasn't seen her this happy in a long time.  Though he does mention that if that happy goes away because of you he'll find someway to make you hurt, no matter how long it takes.
I've no doubt he will and I have no intention of causing her further pain, she has been through enough already. I've grown rather fond of her and would be most displeased to see her sad.

Jessamine is glad to see you when you arrive and she says that she is quite enjoying the night.  She flushes when you comment her though she does thank you for the comment.

She nods and says that normally she always cheers for her brother and hopes for him to win though today she was more than a little torn on that last joust.  She thought that it was as fine as any jousting she'd seen before though she thought that you in particular were spectacular like one of Gilles' companions come again.

I give her a fond smile when she mentions being torn on who to cheer and jokingly say "My apologies my lady, I did not mean to put you in such an uncomfortable position with the joust. I fear you may have to endure such discomfort yet again for tomorrows melee for your brother is a fine knight and may well seek a rematch." If she thinks I'm being serious and tries to reassure me, I'll reply with " It was only a joke my lady, I do so enjoy the sound of your melodious laughter."
afterthought53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:23 am

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin

Well good to know he's getting his money's worth.

Heh heh 

Surprising, not that much, but still you'd think someone capable of crushing a boulder with his bare hands would be treated with a little more caution. 

Well if the Baron trusts you that's good enough for most folk.

Huh, well obviously someone learned a bit better then I though he would. Okay, let's take it from the top. Cook's kid you first.

Fat kid says that lunatic howled like a wolf and jumped him for no reason. 

Alright, now you Piet.

Piet says that the cook's kid accused the two of you of being freaks and likely chaos followers and he acted to defend yours and his honor.

Fat kid has all the classic twitches of lying.

Psyckosama wrote:"Poor fella. Musta had a hard day..."

I load him, and the wood, into the wagon. "Ma'am I take you you'll be able to take over from here?"

And onto the capitol...

The woman nervously says yes she thinks she can and heads on her way guiding the horse and keeping her children in the cart with the cart and their father.

You reach Mittleweg at about noon as you'd planned. It's a larger town with a proper wall and a solid gate. Unless you slowed down before people saw you thunder down the Basdahl road the guards are going to demand who the hell you are with their weapons brandished.

Psyckosama wrote:There's some snickering.

One of them asks, "How 'healthy'?"

I smirk and with my hands outline the basic shape of Kat Dennings.

"This knight and these dwarves won't be coming for you any time soon will they?"

"I don't think so, I did outrun that Bretonnian warhorse and I made sure to zigzag a couple of times when I was running."

"Nothing exceptional, just the normal dregs dropping out of Sylvania."

"Well thank the gods for some miracles." Then I think for moment. "Do they need another sword-arm? I'm kind off unemployed at the moment."

Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer

"Really, now that is just shameful." I say in disgust once no one else either steps frontward or has the brains/courage to ask another question. Before turning away an walking away from the gather back to my tent. Through not before I make it a point to kill the maimed ones off.

gurgle snap

"Well why where you a hostage?" I ask with interest as I figured there was story there that might be worth knowing.

She's silent for a moment, then she tells you that she is the soul surviving member of her family, the rest of them had been killed by the Baron you'd freed her from. He'd planned on marrying his son to her in order to lay claim to the mines that her father had owned on their lands. While she'd been treated well, she'd never forgotten for a second what her situation was. She'd been sheltered nearly her entire life and imprisoned by the people her murdered her family and was expected to marry into their family so they could take what had been hers by right.

"Well then that will certainly make life easier. Though I must ask will we have enough room for all the loot we have here, as I fear with what both of us brought back might be too much for the boats to ferry back." I say with good cheer.

He's silent for a moment, then looks out at the ships, then back again, "I think we should be able to though we might want to roast some of that livestock before we go."

"Though on another note my Jarl, the noblewomen we have gained in this last raid. Would it be possible to have her get started on some training with the shieldmaidens once we get back home or will I have to find another means for her to learn our trade of steel an valor? As I feel that there is a fire there that would be of good use to our people there."

He raises an eyebrow at that, looks at the battered yet still gorgeous young woman, "You want to risk steel on that lovely flesh? What is wrong with you?"

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin

Such wine should be savored but tradition dictates that when making a grand toast, one is to down their drink.

No it was just a comment on the quality of the wine.

I've no doubt he will and I have no intention of causing her further pain, she has been through enough already. I've grown rather fond of her and would be most displeased to see her sad.

He claps you on the shoulder, "Good to hear it."

I give her a fond smile when she mentions being torn on who to cheer and jokingly say "My apologies my lady, I did not mean to put you in such an uncomfortable position with the joust. I fear you may have to endure such discomfort yet again for tomorrows melee for your brother is a fine knight and may well seek a rematch." If she thinks I'm being serious and tries to reassure me, I'll reply with " It was only a joke my lady, I do so enjoy the sound of your melodious laughter."

She did believe you for a second though once she got the joke her laughter was like musical bells astoundingly enough...Bretonnia eh?

Well anything else you wish to say to her or should you continue on your rounds? Because you'll need to move quick, a young lady that reminds you of Scarlett Johansen holding a polished hardwood staff with gold inlaid into the wood to make it look like graceful vines while a finely wrought crystal is embedded at the top, looks ready to cut in at any moment with your conversation with Jessamine.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:30 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:"Such wisdom from a human."

"Not all humans are short sighted lady, some can see beyond the needs of the present to see the long term benefits or detriment of one's current actions."

"We'll try."

I smile at that quip. "I guess even Elf youngsters are too hardheaded and hot blooded to really heed their elders?"

She silent for a while, "You are certainly a well informed human.  Might we speak later?"

By which I assume she's saying 'You'd better come with me or else, on the pain of death.' in polite phrasing.

But, I give a slight nod. "Not all humans are blind to the changes in the air. I am amenable to speaking later, but right now, I have a commitment with these people to assist them in reaching the relative safety outside the forest. I gave them my word that I would bring them safely to their destination and I shall. Once that is done, I will be free to speak on this matter further with you."

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:
I smirk and with my hands outline the basic shape of Kat Dennings.

There are some chuckles.

Fredrick shoots glares.

"I don't think so, I did outrun that Bretonnian warhorse and I made sure to zigzag a couple of times when I was running."

Blink. Blink. "Okay..."

"Well thank the gods for some miracles."  Then I think for moment.  "Do they need another sword-arm?  I'm kind off unemployed at the moment."

"Though you'd never ask, boy. Pay's six shillings a week, plus your cut of any loot we're permitted by custom to take. That means no grave robbing and nothing tainted with necromantic magics."

Brian Boru wrote:

The woman nervously says yes she thinks she can and heads on her way guiding the horse and keeping her children in the cart with the cart and their father.

And OFF I GO!

You reach Mittleweg at about noon as you'd planned.  It's a larger town with a proper wall and a solid gate.  Unless you slowed down before people saw you thunder down the Basdahl road the guards are going to demand who the hell you are with their weapons brandished.

I slow down a bit as I near so I can enter without problem

I do ask them to direct me to their commander and pay any toll. I show him the letter and say I wish to speak to their lord about the possibility of some employment.

There are beastmen in these woods. I look to correct that problem! Very Happy

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:00 am

Name: Cameron the Wanderer

Name: Brian Bor wrote:She's silent for a moment, then she tells you that she is the soul surviving member of her family, the rest of them had been killed by the Baron you'd freed her from.  He'd planned on marrying his son to her in order to lay claim to the mines that her father had owned on their lands.  While she'd been treated well, she'd never forgotten for a second what her situation was.  She'd been sheltered nearly her entire life and imprisoned by the people her murdered her family and was expected to marry into their family so they could take what had been hers by right.
"Well then I can understand why you acted as you did when we first meet, though I wonder what you thought would have come about from such action? As it sounds like you want more then just to get away from those that wronged you and your kin. As it sounds like you want to bring proper vengeance to those that wronged you. An if so, then I promise you to let you have the chance to gain that strength and power to bring about your vengeance. As there are few things a strong arm and a wall of northern might can't solve."

He's silent for a moment, then looks out at the ships, then back again, "I think we should be able to though we might want to roast some of that livestock before we go."
"Ah, now that is a great idea my Jarl, and one I'm sure the men would love. Though can we also break into some of the ale we have sacked too, as we can't have such a feast without good drink now can we?"

He raises an eyebrow at that, looks at the battered yet still gorgeous young woman, "You want to risk steel on that lovely flesh? What is wrong with you?"
"Yes, an as for what is wrong with me. I guess my values and thoughts are just a little different then most. As I can find nothing more beautiful the true values of the northern lands and the ladies of the north in both spirit and charm. But the reasons why I wish to see her grow strong is, because I believe that she deserves the chance to become strong like we are and not just the pretty little mewing sow the nobles of these lands force there women to be. An so that she can decide her own fate to gain vengeance for the wrongs that were done to her family out of petty greed by her own hand." An if asked by the Jarl of her tale I'll tell it to him. "So my Jarl can I have your aid in this or will I need to do this on my own?"

Then once that is handled with the Jarl I'll head out an help with the feasting that is to come and look for my friend Tregyv an see how he fared. An if he could do with some company of a friend and a lady as I doubt Renee would be far from me.
Ironforge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top