Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Ironforge Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:23 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 7 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 900 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,210

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 900
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200
Total: 900

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Roughly a week later the scouts return, telling of a much larger force coming south, 20,000 strong, also with them are a large contingent of warriors of chaos. There is also talk of possible demonic presence.
"Well Ulf, another anvil and hammer operation or do think something else would be more better suited with dealing with demonic forces?"
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by bzzt3421 Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:39 am

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 35 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Comrades: Piet(ten year old), three giant wolves(two females, one male)

Brian Boru wrote:You find him pretty quick, he's a biggun. You quickly tackle him and have him pinned.

One other makes an attempt but when you give it the same treatment it backs off quickly enough as do the other members of the pack. Then you return to the alpha. This continues for a while until the old bastard finally capitulates. The rest of the pack follows suit.

First thing first, establish permanently that I'm the dominant one here. Make sure they all submit, tails down, heads down. After that, seeing as they attacked me because they looked hungry, the second order of business is getting them fed. Hunt something down and get them fed. Then take stock of what they are, and integrate them with the tree I've already got. After we(the patrol) return to the castle, start training the lot of them the same way I trained the previous three. Get them used to following orders, domesticated, and acting properly around humans and their beasts.

After that's done, inquire with the count about the mountains. What kind of monsters live there? Are there any species there that he'd like me try my luck at hunting down and capturing them or they're young for domestication? What else would he like me to do?

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:57 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 10157g 16s (10,000 more owed)

That seems to chase off everyone except Valten

I chuckle.

So onward you move heading into the mountains.  After searching for a while you manage to stumble across a staircase still in perfect condition and heading into the mountains.  This must be the obvious path you need to take.  Is there anything you wish to do or say before you head up those stairs?

Be ready for a fight everyone, and I have a feeling this place is going to be difficult.

Either way you head in.  Near the entrence is a small alcove.  Sitting on a little throwrug is an incredibly ancient dwarf.  He looks up and when he sees Valten he looks like he almost has a heart attack.

"He's been reborn," I reply, "And he seeks his hammer."

I look at him, "We're going to need your help if we're to retrieve it without freeing his final foe... but for now... please, tell us your story."

I look to Luthor and hand him a blank book. "How would you like to be the one who records the final days of Sigmar the man, what he did after he left the Empire up until his leaving the realm of men?"

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 29 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.

"Oh...didn't see that part.  My apologies.  Won't happen again."

Grunt.

"Winter Solstice?"

"Possibly. Though it is a ways away and we need to start preparing now... best wait for the Dwarf."

"Ah...hah hah funny how the world works sometimes.  Well I'm certainly not complaining and I'm sure neither are you."

"Not at all!" she says with a cheery smile.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:16 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 61 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:A few of the guards seem a little offput at the implications.

As well they should be.

The captain is silent for a while then he shakes his head and says, "All of you come with me, this is above my pay...let the council make the decision."

I nod. "That is acceptable. I would like to get this out of the way post haste. Let's get on with it."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:38 am

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

"Well Ulf, another anvil and hammer operation or do think something else would be more better suited with dealing with demonic forces?"

"We can try it again.  But it might be prudent to have another plan.  Any suggestions?"

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.
Comrades: Piet(ten year old), three giant wolves(two females, one male)

First thing first, establish permanently that I'm the dominant one here. Make sure they all submit, tails down, heads down. After that, seeing as they attacked me because they looked hungry, the second order of business is getting them fed. Hunt something down and get them fed. Then take stock of what they are, and integrate them with the tree I've already got. After we(the patrol) return to the castle, start training the lot of them the same way I trained the previous three. Get them used to following orders, domesticated, and acting properly around humans and their beasts.

It takes a few fights before they get the point but they do eventually and now you have a massive pack of giant wolves following you.  People in your party are more than a little shocked.  As are the people of Wolfenburg.  Elector Count von Raukov is more than a little shocked.  Then he seems more than a little pleased at what he sees.

After that's done, inquire with the count about the mountains. What kind of monsters live there? Are there any species there that he'd like me try my luck at hunting down and capturing them or they're young for domestication? What else would he like me to do?  
What kinds DON'T live up there though there are a slightly larger than average population of wyverns.

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen

Be ready for a fight everyone, and I have a feeling this place is going to be difficult.

They nod.

"He's been reborn,"  I reply, "And he seeks his hammer."

He nods, "I was wondering when he'd return."

I look at him, "We're going to need your help if we're to retrieve it without freeing his final foe... but for now... please, tell us your story."

He sighs, "Alright, though I wish I didn't have to.  I'm not proud of what happened here."

I look to Luthor and hand him a blank book. "How would you like to be the one who records the final days of Sigmar the man, what he did after he left the Empire up until his leaving the realm of men?"

His eyes widen in shock and nods quickly scrambling around for a quill.

The old dwarf takes a breath...and tells his tail.
OOC:Read Empire in Flames to hear the story.

The entire party is in shock when they hear this tale.  The Ulricians seem a little amazed that Sigmar actually DID become a god.  

So what do you do now?

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

Grunt.

With that said,  "I'll see you in a week then."

"Possibly. Though it is a ways away and we need to start preparing now... best wait for the Dwarf."

"Dwarf?  What Dwarf?"

"Not at all!" she says with a cheery smile.

I then tell her what I plan on doing with the tracker and the craftsdwarf and ask her what her thoughts on it are.

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

As well they should be.

Heh

I nod. "That is acceptable. I would like to get this out of the way post haste. Let's get on with it."

Well they lead you and your group to the city palace.  Sitting in the audience roon are several older men with extremely ostentations  clothing.  NONE of them look particularly happy with you.  One of them demands what on earth is going on and it had better be good.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:53 am

Comrades: Piet(ten year old), 23 giant wolves(two females, one male. Rest unknown)

Brian Boru wrote:It takes a few fights before they get the point but they do eventually and now you have a massive pack of giant wolves following you. People in your party are more than a little shocked. As are the people of Wolfenburg. Elector Count von Raukov is more than a little shocked. Then he seems more than a little pleased at what he sees.

Well we'll have to work on the whole domestication issue a bit more then. Really engrave it into the wolves what they can and can not do, in addition to basic commands.

Glad to see the Count's pleased, gotta prove he's getting what he paid for after all. And on that note.

What kinds DON'T live up there though there are a slightly larger than average population of wyverns.
Would he like a wyvern to ride? Or any other mountain beast? I'll need bit of time to either learn how to track in the nearby mountains, or an local experienced mountain tracker, if he does.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:54 am

He nods, "I was wondering when he'd return."

"Though we're going to have to work together, even you, to seal the breach."

He sighs, "Alright, though I wish I didn't have to.  I'm not proud of what happened here."

"Mistakes kept secret are mistakes repeated, and I'm going to speak to the High King after this. I intend to lend his Runemasters one of these..."

I show him my dagger.

"It would be the perfect time for you, as the last member of your clan to demand compensation of your rightful grudge against them. Even in the worst of times, you never abandon your kin."

His eyes widen in shock and nods quickly scrambling around for a quill.

The old dwarf takes a breath...and tells his tail.
OOC:Read Empire in Flames to hear the story.

I make sure to give the Ulricans one too... we want to make sure its accurate. In fact I think we need to chronically this journey.

After all, the great adventure of the Son of Ulric and the Chosen of Sigmar to retrieve the true Ghal Maraz, visit the dwarf king, and then... if we have time, liberate the family of King Kazador...

The entire party is in shock when they hear this tale.  The Ulricians seem a little amazed that Sigmar actually DID become a god.  

Is my word not good enough? Glare.

So what do you do now?

Well, I tell the dwarf we need to look into sealing the rift. We also need to get the hammer.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

With that said,  "I'll see you in a week then."

Nod.

"Dwarf?  What Dwarf?"

"The one the bloody wizard asked for. It's all in the letter." he pauses, "Didn't they tell you?"

I then tell her what I plan on doing with the tracker and the craftsdwarf and ask her what her thoughts on it are.

You sear her eyes turn into dollar signs and can all but here this song playing in the back of her mind...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well they lead you and your group to the city palace.  Sitting in the audience roon are several older men with extremely ostentations  clothing.  NONE of them look particularly happy with you.  One of them demands what on earth is going on and it had better be good.

I basically tell them what I told the captain, the cousin has usurped the lady's rightful inheritence and in fact may have been responsible for her being taken by pirates in the first place given that his employees were told to deny that she was the heir.

And of course there's the ridiculous accusation and willingness to arrest and execute a bunch of women and children wholesale.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:48 am

Comrades: Piet(ten year old), 23 giant wolves(two females, one male. Rest unknown)
10 males 13 female

Well we'll have to work on the whole domestication issue a bit more then. Really engrave it into the wolves what they can and can not do, in addition to basic commands.

They ain't stupid, they do eventually get the picture.

Glad to see the Count's pleased, gotta prove he's getting what he paid for after all. And on that note.

Heh

Would he like a wyvern to ride? Or any other mountain beast? I'll need bit of time to either learn how to track in the nearby mountains, or an local experienced mountain tracker, if he does.
He assumes you were joking about the wyvern mount question as wyverns are some of the most vicious and cruel beasts you can hope to come across, only orcs ever ride the damn things.  No just kill them.  Though he wouldn't say no to a griffon egg if you ever found it.

"Though we're going to have to work together, even you, to seal the breach."

"Yes...that...still there isn't it?"  He muses to himself.

"Mistakes kept secret are mistakes repeated, and I'm going to speak to the High King after this. I intend to lend his Runemasters one of these..."

I show him my dagger.

"It would be the perfect time for you, as the last member of your clan to demand compensation of your rightful grudge against them. Even in the worst of times, you never abandon your kin."

He examines the knife for a while, seemingly VERY impressed at the work put into the thing.  He could but at this point it frankly would do nothing for him at this point.

I make sure to give the Ulricans one too... we want to make sure its accurate. In fact I think we need to chronically this journey.

Noted and Gunter quickly gets to work.

After all, the great adventure of the Son of Ulric and the Chosen of Sigmar to retrieve the true Ghal Maraz, visit the dwarf king, and then... if we have time, liberate the family of King Kazador...

True

Is my word not good enough? Glare.

Two seperate sources that have never met each other before.

Well, I tell the dwarf we need to look into sealing the rift. We also need to get the hammer.

He shows you the way into the lower reaches of the hall and bids you good luck though he mentions that if ANYONE is going to find that hammer, it will be you.  Whether he was refereing to you, Valten, or both of you is anyone's guess.

Nod.

On my way then.

"The one the bloody wizard asked for. It's all in the letter." he pauses, "Didn't they tell you?"

"No...no they did not.  All I could get out of those two that I didn't figure out on my own or weedled out of them was that I was something important and my ax and shield were giving that gold wizard conniptions after he examined it.  What did it say?"

You sear her eyes turn into dollar signs and can all but here this song playing in the back of her mind...

I chuckle good naturedly then snap my finger gently next to her ear.  "Honey?  Come on snap out of it.  I still need to find the old goat."

I basically tell them what I told the captain, the cousin has usurped the lady's rightful inheritence and in fact may have been responsible for her being taken by pirates in the first place given that his employees were told to deny that she was the heir.

And of course there's the ridiculous accusation and willingness to arrest and execute a bunch of women and children wholesale.

"And so you believed that the most reasonable course of action to take in response to this 'injustice' would be to assault fifty of the city's guardsmen, all but ruin a courthouse, and cause untold chaos and havoc, disrupting the lives of the good people of this city in pursuit of several citizens of good standing?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 am

"Yes...that...still there isn't it?"  He muses to himself.

"Yes."

He examines the knife for a while, seemingly VERY impressed at the work put into the thing.  He could but at this point it frankly would do nothing for him at this point.

I point out the markings on it. "Those are Runes."

You can almost hear the capitalization of the word "rune"

Noted and Gunter quickly gets to work.

As will Huss I'm sure. I'm going to make my own and then make sure they're not contradictory just to avoid future religious conflict.

Two seperate sources that have never met each other before.

*sigh*

He shows you the way into the lower reaches of the hall and bids you good luck though he mentions that if ANYONE is going to find that hammer, it will be you.  Whether he was refereing to you, Valten, or both of you is anyone's guess.

Well, I'm pretty sure we slaughter through all threats.

We of course, help out the Dwarf Priest.

As for the dragon... Fuck it all. I'm going to see what I can do.

There's a ritual I need to perform that requires a live dragon. Or at least a formally live dragon...

I kill it and I eat it!

All in the name of Talos and Akatosh!

On my way then.

So how do you do it?

"No...no they did not.  All I could get out of those two that I didn't figure out on my own or weedled out of them was that I was something important and my ax and shield were giving that gold wizard conniptions after he examined it.  What did it say?"

"Your weapons are Rune weapons of unmatched craftsmenship. They've summoned a Rune Smith to look at them."

I chuckle good naturedly then snap my finger gently next to her ear.  "Honey?  Come on snap out of it.  I still need to find the old goat."

"Can I go shopping when you're done?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:23 am

I point out the markings on it. "Those are Runes."

You can almost hear the capitalization of the word "rune"

His respect for them go up that much higher.

As will Huss I'm sure. I'm going to make my own and then make sure they're not contradictory just to avoid future religious conflict.

Alright.

Well, I'm pretty sure we slaughter through all threats.

We of course, help out the Dwarf Priest.

As for the dragon... Fuck it all. I'm going to see what I can do.

There's a ritual I need to perform that requires a live dragon. Or at least a formally live dragon...

I kill it and I eat it!

All in the name of Talos and Akatosh!

Greenskins: Dead
Undead: Redead
Dwarf Priest: Put to rest.

Then the dragon.  The huge beast reposes in rest, its massive form breathing in and breathing out.

Then you make your move.  The Dragon doesn't even wake up before it's chest it carved through and it's heart ripped out.  Then in a chant that sounds demonic almost but at the same time, something more ancient, and a natural part of the world you bite into it.  There is a huge rumble and you glow white hot for a moment before there is the magical equivalent of a flash grenade.  When everyone can see again you stand tall on the dragon's corpse, a faint glow in your eyes and a chant can be heard at the edge of hearing.  "Huu ROH HA!"

Then a note flutters into your hands, saying, "Expect LONG LONG years of meditation an training before this is worth bupkiss.  Sincerely, ROB.

P.S. Sigmar owes Talos 10 crowns.

Finally in the silence Huss asks the million dollar question, "What just happened, what the hell did you just do?"

So how do you do it?

Simply ask around taverns and the templars where the last known place Khazrak was.  Then when we have a general location, I kiss Cosmina good-bye, tell the ar-Ulric I'm off.  Get the hunter, (find out his name) into the harness once we're out of the city, then run like the fucking wind for as long as a hard as I can for the last known place Khazrak was at.  Then once we're close enough I let the hunter off and let him do his thing.  I follow him, keeping my senses open to any possible hint of trouble.

"Your weapons are Rune weapons of unmatched craftsmenship. They've summoned a Rune Smith to look at them."

"An actual runsmith?  Damn.  Do you know who is coming?"

"Can I go shopping when you're done?"

I smile and shrug, "I don't really see why not..."  Then I smile devilishly, "But I don't see WHY either.  Care to remind me?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:27 am

Name: Visorex Skarin
Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
Money: 279 Gold, 4 silver, 0 copper

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets: 2 Riding Horse

Peasants Population: 20 families
Men: 27
Women: 25
Children: 61

Louis, or is it Pepin, nods and takes the trio to the barracks.
Haha, the world may never know which is which.

He seems quite impressed at what you’ve accomplished.  As for advice...he isn’t entirely sure himself, but he agrees with allowing the peasants to be healthier as that always makes things easier though he does warn that letting them get fat WILL leave them lazy....
I thank him for his advice and will keep it in mind. I want happy and healthy peasants, not fat an lazy ones Smile 

With that in mind, I will limit it to just arranging for a full purchase of sheep for now and leave the chickens for later. 10 gp

He says that he knows a few horse breeders down in the southern part of the Duchy that could provide the horse you need but it might take some time before proper purchases could be made.
That is fine, I am in no hurry and have the money patience necessary to wait for and purchase a truly exceptional Warhorse. Unless of course I find something better than a Warhorse to get as a mount, such as Griffin or some otehr more impressive monster. I'll probably still need to purchase a Warhorse for tournaments and other such occasions though.

Alright... VERY well equipped but it will take a while before you can say that they are up to snuff.

Alright.
Anything you wish to do with William?  Hunt?  Train the men-at-arms?
I will propose a hunt to sir Gisoux, with a twist. Instead of competing to see who hunts down the most impressive prey, we shall instead aid each otehr and hunt for a creature nest which we can take the eggs and raise ourselves an impressive mount. Anything from a Pegasus, to a Griffin, to as dangerous as a Hippogriff is viable for Gisoux. Where as for, hell I might very well be able to tame/dominate something even more impressive with how powerful I am.

While William and I go hunting, our men should be training together at the fort and improving their skills.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:32 am

His respect for them go up that much higher.

I smile. "I intend to share them with your people that they may attempt to unlock some of their secrets."

Greenskins: Dead

Good.

Undead: Redead

Very good.

Dwarf Priest: Put to rest.

With Grungni's blessings I hope,

Then the dragon.  The huge beast reposes in rest, its massive form breathing in and breathing out.

Evil grin.

Then you make your move.  The Dragon doesn't even wake up before it's chest it carved through and it's heart ripped out.  Then in a chant that sounds demonic almost but at the same time, something more ancient, and a natural part of the world you bite into it.  There is a huge rumble and you glow white hot for a moment before there is the magical equivalent of a flash grenade.  When everyone can see again you stand tall on the dragon's corpse, a faint glow in your eyes and a chant can be heard at the edge of hearing.  "Huu ROH HA!"

YEAH BABY!

Then a note flutters into your hands, saying, "Expect LONG LONG years of meditation an training before this is worth bupkiss.  Sincerely, ROB.

I expected as much.

P.S. Sigmar owes Talos 10 crowns.

Huh. Whom do I mention that too?

Finally in the silence Huss asks the million dollar question, "What just happened, what the hell did you just do?"

I grin like a madman. "All this talk of my father and noone ever thought to ask about my mother... Come on. I'll explain later. Lets seal the rift."

We move on... but we loot the place too. The dragon bones and any non-funerary items in the hold.

Simply ask around taverns and the templars where the last known place Khazrak was.  Then when we have a general location, I kiss Cosmina good-bye, tell the ar-Ulric I'm off.  Get the hunter, (find out his name) into the harness once we're out of the city, then run like the fucking wind for as long as a hard as I can for the last known place Khazrak was at.  Then once we're close enough I let the hunter off and let him do his thing.  I follow him, keeping my senses open to any possible hint of trouble.

d100

"An actual runsmith?  Damn.  Do you know who is coming?"

"Not sure. We'll see no won't we."

I smile and shrug, "I don't really see why not..."  Then I smile devilishly, "But I don't see WHY either.  Care to remind me?"

Oh and she does...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:"And so you believed that the most reasonable course of action to take in response to this 'injustice' would be to assault fifty of the city's guardsmen, all but ruin a courthouse, and cause untold chaos and havoc, disrupting the lives of the good people of this city in pursuit of several citizens of good standing?"

"'Several citizens of good standing'? Perhaps. But one's standing to others does not matter to me if they threaten to imprison and murder innocent women and children." I grind out. "I realize that law and order must be observed for your city as disorder causes disruptions such a port city cannot afford. But I cannot abide injustice and honorless scum like these so called citizens of good standing."

"The cowards would hide behind their money and honeyed words while they sign the death warrant of innocents." I pointed out. "It rather seems to me I dug up a rot that should have been excised a long time ago. Or do you hold in high standing those whom would use pirates to kidnap or murder others for their inheritance? This so called 'cousin' of the lady sought to eliminate her in order to gain her inheritance. And he sought to kill innocent women and children just to cover up his crimes. Had I not caused the chaos would this have been brought to light? Or would there have been so called 'justice' bought by bloody coin?"

"We tried to stay within the system of law and government, but the honorless coward and his three collaborators whom had given their word to us to testify on our behalf to acknowledge the fact that the lady is who she says she is. But instead, all we got was betrayal. They forced my hand. Had the system worked as it should have, I would not have done what I did."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:44 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

Just lilac...

Then my instinctive reaction would not have been that it's 'odd'. Especially not from a self-styled dandy like that.

Paranoia-senses ... tingling ...

Maybe the day after tomorrow, and the day after that for the next man, you're discretion at who would fight first.

For whomever it's most convenient would be my first reply, but if they both say it's equally convenient for either, I suggest lots or going with seniority.

And I ask whether they could recommend a good blacksmith.

All those mentions of boars in Artois make me think it would be a fair idea to get myself a proper hunting spear - at least, that's why I'll say I want to speak to one.

He shrugs his shoulders, "That makes sense. If nothing else, riding with Duke Chilfroy will give one that. IF they can stay alive."

"We shall see what we shall see. I do have something of an advantage in keeping myself alive," I ponder. "So, given the overwhelmingly arboreal terrain, can I assume that the locals rely heavily on dismounted knights and men-at-arms to do battle? If so, that should work rather well with ... well ... you'll see when we get there, so don't worry so much."

Hmm ... I'll save any nighttime excursions until after the spars are done, I think. Starting to work on acquiring wolven retinue and all. Will be uniquely useful later on.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:50 am

This post is because we were already skyping and I'm too damn tired to get everyone else tonight. I'll get ya'll later though.

I smile. "I intend to share them with your people that they may attempt to unlock some of their secrets."

He likes the sound of that.

With Grungni's blessings I hope,

What do you think?

Evil grin.

Uggh.

Huh. Whom do I mention that too?

Oh he was just saying that Sigmar will need to cough up the dough next time he sees them.

I grin like a madman. "All this talk of my father and noone ever thought to ask about my mother... Come on. I'll explain later. Lets seal the rift."

We move on... but we loot the place too. The dragon bones and any non-funerary items in the hold.

He looks like he wants to say more but he holds his tongue.

Heading further down into the mountain and boating across a small underground stream, Valten goes a little funny. Walking slowly but purposefully, his eyes never leave a certain direction.

Then you enter the final room at this bottom floor, and floating in what looks like an ancient warzone is a brutal but masterfully made hammer

Ghal Maraz.

Huss drops to his knees.

Valten has a look of recognition on his face. He hands back the ax to you and slowly begins to walk towards the hammer with the intention of picking it up, he mutters, "There it is...I was wondering what happened." Though he doesn't seem to notice what he says.

Here's the roll.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

"Not sure. We'll see no won't we."

"Yes we will."

Oh and she does...

Hah hah! Giggity...

Though I'm privately wondering if this is all the two of us will have. Not that I'm really complaining at all...but I imagine having an actual family some day in the future though I'm honestly not sure how Cosmina would react to that. Considering her own past I doubt she'd want to run the risk of going through that sort of pain again.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:59 am

This post is because we were already skyping and I'm too damn tired to get everyone else tonight.  I'll get ya'll later though.

He likes the sound of that.

I like dwarves. It's hard not to be fond of a person with a respectable beard.

What do you think?

Hope so!

Oh he was just saying that Sigmar will need to cough up the dough next time he sees them.

"Oi, Valten, you owe Tiber Septum Ten Crowns!"

If he asks me WTF I explain he'll get it... eventually.

He looks like he wants to say more but he holds his tongue.

"I'll explain everything when we've left."

Heading further down into the mountain and boating across a small underground stream, Valten goes a little funny.  Walking slowly but purposefully, his eyes never leave a certain direction.

I keep by his side and slightly behind him.

Then you enter the final room at this bottom floor, and floating in what looks like an ancient warzone is a brutal but masterfully made hammer

Ghal Maraz.

Huss drops to his knees.

I rest my hand on his shoulder for a moment.

Valten has a look of recognition on his face.  He hands back the ax to you and slowly begins to walk towards the hammer with the intention of picking it up, he mutters, "There it is...I was wondering what happened."  Though he doesn't seem to notice what he says.

I catch his wrist as he reaches for it. "Remove it now and we free the demon. We must close the portal first, and do to that we need the aid of the Gods. We must pray. We must pray to Ulric, to Sigmar, to Grungini..." I look at the Ogres who are probably still picking goblin out of their teeth, "Even the Maw. Right now Ghal Maraz cannot be moved without freeing the demon."

I kneel and start to pray to all the gods, and since I'm a Dovahkin now it seems, even the 9 Divines.

Here's the roll.

You find it with pathetic ease. The man has it within 20 minutes. It's hard to hide that big a warherd but the old beasts main tactic has always been to avoid armies, which are loud, obvious, and slow moving not super powered individuals.

Hah hah!  Giggity...

Though I'm privately wondering if this is all the two of us will have.  Not that I'm really complaining at all...but I imagine having an actual family some day in the future though I'm honestly not sure how Cosmina would react to that.  Considering her own past I doubt she'd want to run the risk of going through that sort of pain again.

You could talk to her about it.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

"We can try it again.  But it might be prudent to have another plan.  Any suggestions?"
"That is what I think as well Ulf. So lets go at this as usually, but when I hit the enemy forces I want you to form up and lay down fire into there ranks while I fight. So this way you can still keep you distance and watch for back up, as I really doubt this is all the men they bought with them if the last forces number is anything to go by.  Though after awhile and if you deem it wise join up with me again, we will crush this force. As men or daemon matter little to my fists. Though if something else comes up or you come up with a better idea in battle, go for it. As I trust your judgement."

An with that we march to fight another foe, with me again breaking off first to bring hell to there lines and break them.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Comrades: Piet(ten year old), 23 giant wolves(15 females, 11 male)

Brian Boru wrote:10 males 13 female
Good to know, and added.

They ain't stupid, they do eventually get the picture.
Noted.

Heh

He assumes you were joking about the wyvern mount question as wyverns are some of the most vicious and cruel beasts you can hope to come across, only orcs ever ride the damn things. No just kill them. Though he wouldn't say no to a griffon egg if you ever found it.

Good to know about the wyvern. A griffon egg eh? Let's see who I can find in the city. There's bound to be someone there who knows how to track and hunt in the local mountains.

While that's being done, I think I'll train a bit with the Hochland Longrifle. A weapon I'm unsure about, isn't a weapon. Read all three of the books I bought. Get some practice in identifying and gathering plants and herbs in the forest whenever I'm hunting there with the wolves. Then use said plants to practice making the recipes in the herbalism book. Maybe see if the castle has an Apothecary that doesn't mind tutoring me a bit in basic Warhammer Fantasy first aid. After that, continue training Piet, and spend some quality time that isn't training with him and the wolves.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:00 am

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin
Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
Money: 279 Gold, 4 silver, 0 copper

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets: 2 Riding Horse

Peasants Population: 20 families
Men: 27
Women: 25
Children: 61

Haha, the world may never know which is which.

Heh

I thank him for his advice and will keep it in mind. I want happy and healthy peasants, not fat an lazy ones Smile 

Heh

With that in mind, I will limit it to just arranging for a full purchase of sheep for now and leave the chickens for later. 10 gp

Alright.

That is fine, I am in no hurry and have the money patience necessary to wait for and purchase a truly exceptional Warhorse. Unless of course I find something better than a Warhorse to get as a mount, such as Griffin or some otehr more impressive monster. I'll probably still need to purchase a Warhorse for tournaments and other such occasions though.

Alright

I will propose a hunt to sir Gisoux, with a twist. Instead of competing to see who hunts down the most impressive prey, we shall instead aid each otehr and hunt for a creature nest which we can take the eggs and raise ourselves an impressive mount. Anything from a Pegasus, to a Griffin, to as dangerous as a Hippogriff is viable for Gisoux. Where as for, hell I might very well be able to tame/dominate something even more impressive with how powerful I am.

He stares at you for a moment, then he sighs and says, "You don't think small do you?"

He's in

While William and I go hunting, our men should be training together at the fort and improving their skills.

Roll a d100

"'Several citizens of good standing'? Perhaps. But one's standing to others does not matter to me if they threaten to imprison and murder innocent women and children." I grind out. "I realize that law and order must be observed for your city as disorder causes disruptions such a port city cannot afford. But I cannot abide injustice and honorless scum like these so called citizens of good standing."

"The cowards would hide behind their money and honeyed words while they sign the death warrant of innocents." I pointed out. "It rather seems to me I dug up a rot that should have been excised a long time ago. Or do you hold in high standing those whom would use pirates to kidnap or murder others for their inheritance? This so called 'cousin' of the lady sought to eliminate her in order to gain her inheritance. And he sought to kill innocent women and children just to cover up his crimes. Had I not caused the chaos would this have been brought to light? Or would there have been so called 'justice' bought by bloody coin?"

"We tried to stay within the system of law and government, but the honorless coward and his three collaborators whom had given their word to us to testify on our behalf to acknowledge the fact that the lady is who she says she is. But instead, all we got was betrayal. They forced my hand. Had the system worked as it should have, I would not have done what I did."

The council men look to each other and mutter in low tones, even too low for you to pick up on.  Then the speaker turns back to you and says, "If what you tell us is true, then an investigation WILL be made into matters.  On the other hand, it is abundantly clear to us that your prescence is a terrible disruption to business and trade.  What would it take you to leave the city and never come back?  What would it take for you to go?  Whatever you're price, we can match it."

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

Then my instinctive reaction would not have been that it's 'odd'. Especially not from a self-styled dandy like that.

Paranoia-senses ... tingling ...

Well the original idea was the smell of something...aquatic, but then I realized that'd be just a little dirty...

For whomever it's most convenient would be my first reply, but if they both say it's equally convenient for either, I suggest lots or going with seniority.

They flip a coin...the pretty-boy goes first.

And I ask whether they could recommend a good blacksmith.

The castle blacksmith is a good one.

All those mentions of boars in Artois make me think it would be a fair idea to get myself a proper hunting spear - at least, that's why I'll say I want to speak to one.

Heh

"We shall see what we shall see. I do have something of an advantage in keeping myself alive," I ponder. "So, given the overwhelmingly arboreal terrain, can I assume that the locals rely heavily on dismounted knights and men-at-arms to do battle? If so, that should work rather well with ... well ... you'll see when we get there, so don't worry so much."

Actually the horses can ride just fine through the forest.  Bretonnian warhorses are GOOD!

Hmm ... I'll save any nighttime excursions until after the spars are done, I think. Starting to work on acquiring wolven retinue and all. Will be uniquely useful later on.

Alright.

I like dwarves. It's hard not to be fond of a person with a respectable beard.

Heh  Same here.

"Oi, Valten, you owe Tiber Septum Ten Crowns!"

If he asks me WTF I explain he'll get it... eventually.

You swear his lips form to say a 'dammit' before he looks confused as to what the hell you are talking about.

"I'll explain everything when we've left."

"Please do."

I catch his wrist as he reaches for it. "Remove it now and we free the demon. We must close the portal first, and do to that we need the aid of the Gods. We must pray. We must pray to Ulric, to Sigmar, to Grungini..." I look at the Ogres who are probably still picking goblin out of their teeth, "Even the Maw. Right now Ghal Maraz cannot be moved without freeing the demon."

I kneel and start to pray to all the gods, and since I'm a Dovahkin now it seems, even the 9 Divines.

The others look and nod and as one they either bow their heads or make some other form of supplication, even the orgres and pray.  Considering what they've seen so far none will argue.

1d6

You find it with pathetic ease. The man has it within 20 minutes. It's hard to hide that big a warherd but the old beasts main tactic has always been to avoid armies, which are loud, obvious, and slow moving not super powered individuals.

Then we follow their trail.  I let the old man guide me as much as he can.  Once we find them I'll have him help me point out Khazrak, a whip can't be that common a weapon for beastmen, few places for use in a thick forest.  I'll make sure to look for the big bastard I do have his general appearence.  http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/wfrp/heros-call/preview1/WHF19_18_Khazrak-One-Eye_Diego-Gisbert.png  Once we spot him, I turn to the hunter.   "You want in on this?  You've got a third either way."

Whatever his answer I'll get as close as I can to the camp before someone notices me, then I try the airdive again, this time I'll make sure to aim for Khazrak.  To keep someone from blasting me with magic on my way down, I'll make sure that my shield is out.  Once I get close I'll howl at the top of my lungs, "WARE KHAZRAK!  WARE!  THE WOLF OF ULRIC IS UPON YOU!"  Then I swing my axe for a killing blow.  Once he's dead I'll make sure to remove his head and stick it in a bag I brought for such purposes.  Then I turn towards the rest of his herd.  And I grin.  "The Wolf desires more."  I'll activate my holy fire and then get to killing any and all I can find.  If they try to scatter I run at top speed around their camp driving the heard inwards as much as I can, while also setting fire to brush to make a fire wall, knocking down any trees on the outside to make a rough fire break to keep this from spreading.

Then I begin my death spiral.  Still running at top speed I form a smaller and smaller circle.  Killing anything I come across and forcing the beasts tighter and tighter together until they're so tight together that they'll begin aspyxiating or crushing each other.  Then like a shark jetting into a cloud of fish I plow through the mass of mutated flesh.  I'll do this over and over again until the mass begins to break up.  Then I'll start the death spiral again until it's tight again like before.  I'll do this over and over until I'm either too exhausted to go on or there aren't any more beastmen to kill.

Then I'll grab any particularly big gor or minotaur heads and I'll be on my merry way.  I find the hunter and clap him on the shoulder.  "Well master hunter.  Shall we be on our way?  Unless you want to gather their heads as well so we can get the bounty on them?"

Then I'll get him back into the harness and we'll sprint our way back to Middenheim.

You could talk to her about it.

I'll talk to her about it when I get back to Middenheim.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

"That is what I think as well Ulf. So lets go at this as usually, but when I hit the enemy forces I want you to form up and lay down fire into there ranks while I fight. So this way you can still keep you distance and watch for back up, as I really doubt this is all the men they bought with them if the last forces number is anything to go by.  Though after awhile and if you deem it wise join up with me again, we will crush this force. As men or daemon matter little to my fists. Though if something else comes up or you come up with a better idea in battle, go for it. As I trust your judgement."

An with that we march to fight another foe, with me again breaking off first to bring hell to there lines and break them.

Ulf nods, "As you say my King."

Roll a d100

Comrades: Piet(ten year old), 23 giant wolves(15 females, 11 male)

Good to know about the wyvern. A griffon egg eh? Let's see who I can find in the city. There's bound to be someone there who knows how to track and hunt in the local mountains.

You find several skilled trackers and hunters.  When you mention that you're going monster hunting about three of them seem interested.  Two are twin brothers, mid thirties , big tough, well armed with axes and longbows.  The third is young looking, clean shaven and more than a little on the weedy side but everyone else in the room seems to give him respect, and he also has a Hochland Longrifle that's seem some obvious use.

While that's being done, I think I'll train a bit with the Hochland Longrifle. A weapon I'm unsure about, isn't a weapon. Read all three of the books I bought. Get some practice in identifying and gathering plants and herbs in the forest whenever I'm hunting there with the wolves. Then use said plants to practice making the recipes in the herbalism book. Maybe see if the castle has an Apothecary that doesn't mind tutoring me a bit in basic Warhammer Fantasy first aid. After that, continue training Piet, and spend some quality time that isn't training with him and the wolves.

You seem to pick up on the rifle quickly enough though some say that you aren't NEARLY using the thing to it's full potential.  

The castle doctor, a skilled apothecary in his own right is willing to give you some pointers and make some corrections from the book you bought with his own experience.

Piet is taking well to training both from you and the knights that teach him about horsecare and riding.  Many mention he has more potential as a rider than they've seen in a long while.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:02 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Ulf nods, "As you say my King."

Roll a d100
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4136002/

1d100 → [43] = (43)
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:06 am

You swear his lips form to say a 'dammit' before he looks confused as to what the hell you are talking about.

I chuckle and shake my head.

"Please do."

Remind me.

The others look and nod and as one they either bow their heads or make some other form of supplication, even the orgres and pray.  Considering what they've seen so far none will argue.

1d6

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d6 :

Then we follow their trail.  I let the old man guide me as much as he can.  Once we find them I'll have him help me point out Khazrak, a whip can't be that common a weapon for beastmen, few places for use in a thick forest.  I'll make sure to look for the big bastard I do have his general appearence.  http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/wfrp/heros-call/preview1/WHF19_18_Khazrak-One-Eye_Diego-Gisbert.png  Once we spot him, I turn to the hunter.   "You want in on this?  You've got a third either way."

He gives you a look like "are you fucking crazy" and shakes his head

Whatever his answer I'll get as close as I can to the camp before someone notices me, then I try the airdive again, this time I'll make sure to aim for Khazrak.  To keep someone from blasting me with magic on my way down, I'll make sure that my shield is out.  Once I get close I'll howl at the top of my lungs, "WARE KHAZRAK!  WARE!  THE WOLF OF ULRIC IS UPON YOU!"  Then I swing my axe for a killing blow.[/quote]

He actually manages to block it with his blade, much good that does him as the force of the strike sends him flying... so are you going to hunt down his body first and take the head or slaughter his herd?

Can't make it TOO easy Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:16 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

As you approach the horde a large group of shamans had already begun a summoning ceremony, as you approach, eldritch forms begin to take shape.  You THINK you might be able to reach the shamans before they finish or you could deal with the demon army forming before they can become a threat.  What do you choose?

As you pray a glow begins to emanate around the hammer, first a golden one, then a silver one, followed soon after is a dark brown glow like that of the earth itself.  Several other colors join as well but not the mind altering colors of chaos, more like multiple forces working together.  The glow intensifies then at the edge of hearing there is a slight.  'pop' and a howl of 'DAMMIT!'  then the hammer thuds to the ground.  Valten reaches down and picks it up... nothing else happens.  Then the ground begins to rumble.  Whatever the hammer was doing was keeping this place together and it's about to collapse.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult. [/quote]

He gives you a look like "are you fucking crazy" and shakes his head

"Alright then... See you  on the other side then."

He actually manages to block it with his blade, much good that does him as the force of the strike sends him flying... so are you going to hunt down his body first and take the head or slaughter his herd?

Can't make it TOO easy Wink

Sprint after it and get the head, THEN operation death spiral. If I Can.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:20 am

As you pray a glow begins to emanate around the hammer, first a golden one, then a silver one, followed soon after is a dark brown glow like that of the earth itself.  Several other colors join as well but not the mind altering colors of chaos, more like multiple forces working together.  The glow intensifies then at the edge of hearing there is a slight.  'pop' and a howl of 'DAMMIT!'  then the hammer thuds to the ground.  Valten reaches down and picks it up... nothing else happens.  Then the ground begins to rumble.  Whatever the hammer was doing was keeping this place together and it's about to collapse.

I pause for a moment. "Right. Lets go. Now!"

I point at the door! "I'll carry the rear! GO!"

And I mean that literally. I make sure NO ONE falls behind, even if I have to carry them.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult. [/quote]

"Alright then... See you  on the other side then."

Sprint after it and get the head, THEN operation death spiral. If I Can.

You attack a raging group of pissed off beastmen and... roll d100.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:24 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

As you approach the horde a large group of shamans had already begun a summoning ceremony, as you approach, eldritch forms begin to take shape.  You THINK you might be able to reach the shamans before they finish or you could deal with the demon army forming before they can become a threat.  What do you choose?
Well I be damned if I let those blighted shamans get something like that without my fist through the heads, as I doubt what they are trying to bring across would be good for my men.

So I starting sprint over there to introduce my flaming fist to there face. But, if I get a chance to while I'm running there to grab a rock or random beastman/enemy that just got within arms reach, I grab them and quickly throw them on the run at the shamans for a kill. Though once I do enough damage to either stop the casting or get it to go out of control, I make sure to get out of the area of effect it will have. Before going back to it to kill whatever might have been bought over, before going back to kill the rest of the them.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:30 am

I pause for a moment. "Right. Lets go. Now!"

I point at the door! "I'll carry the rear! GO!"

And I mean that literally. I make sure NO ONE falls behind, even if I have to carry them.

Then you run like the four were after your ass.  Behind you the stone work begins to collapse. Your party barely keeps ahead of it and for somereason you swear you hear music at the edge of your hearing.  

By the time you get to the first level Valten is carrying Frieda...and your lugging the guards and two of the ogres.

You find the old dwarf at the top of the tunnel and he's got a WHAT THE HELL? look on his face.

You attack a raging group of pissed off beastmen and... roll d100.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well I be damned if I let those blighted shamans get something like that without my fist through the heads, as I doubt what they are trying to bring across would be good for my men.

So I starting sprint over there to introduce my flaming fist to there face. But, if I get a chance to while I'm running there to grab a rock or random beastman/enemy that just got within arms reach, I grab them and quickly throw them on the run at the shamans for a kill. Though once I do enough damage to either stop the casting or get it to go out of control, I make sure to get out of the area of effect it will have. Before going back to it to kill whatever might have been bought over, before going back to kill the rest of the them.

Well you manage to luck out as there was a particularly large rock in your path.  Grabbing you hurl it at the shaman.  Crushing more than a few of them.  The shapes go out of whack and the energy around them begins to glow and crackle ominously.  The remaining shamans take one look at it and turn and run like hell and you're pretty sure is ain't fear of rock that making them panic.  The rest of the Graelings begin begin to pull back as well though not quite the blind panic the shamans show. As you make your way out of range of the summoning you look behind you and see that the ball of energy is rapidly expanding. Even faster than you're running. You kick into gear? Leap? Or Dig a shelter.

Last edited by Brian Boru on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:35 am

Then you run like the four were after your ass.  Behind you the stone work begins to collapse. Your party barely keeps ahead of it and for somereason you swear you hear music at the edge of your hearing.  

You kidding me? I'm HUMMING it!

By the time you get to the first level Valten is carrying Frieda...and your lugging the guards and two of the ogres.

Heh.

You find the old dwarf at the top of the tunnel and he's got a WHAT THE HELL? look on his face.

I nudge Valten, grab his arm, and hold it up with the hammer.

"When we closed the portal there was a bit of a reaction. So, wanna travel with us old man?"

You attack a raging group of pissed off beastmen and... catch a massive bolt of black fire in the chest. It burns at your very soul and hurts in a way you didn't know possible. Standing in the middle of the crowd is a large and angry looking Bray Shaman and his apprentices.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:44 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well you manage to luck out as there was a particularly large rock in your path.  Grabbing you hurl it at the shaman.  Crushing more than a few of them.  The shapes go out of whack and the energy around them begins to glow and crackle ominously.  The remaining shamans take one look at it and turn and run like hell and you're pretty sure is ain't fear of rock that making them panic.  The rest of the Graelings begin begin to pull back as well though not quite the blind panic the shamans show. As you make your way out of range of the summoning you look behind you and see that the ball of energy is rapidly expanding. Even faster than you're running. You kick into gear? Leap? Or Dig a shelter.
Well that is getting a lot bigger then I though it would and damn I'm willing to bet this fallout is not going to be of the fun kind. So with thought and figuring that I will not like the results of whatever kind of blast this is going to be, I shift into high gear and just book it. While yelling towards my men if they are not already moving to start retreating out of the blast zone.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:50 am

You kidding me? I'm HUMMING it!

Hah

I nudge Valten, grab his arm, and hold it up with the hammer.

"When we closed the portal there was a bit of a reaction. So, wanna travel with us old man?"

He looks at the hammer then at his decrepit former home, then nods in agreement and dashes after you. You get out just before the final level collapses.

Valten stares at the hammer, a feeling of wholeness you've never seen on him before is spread across his face.

You attack a raging group of pissed off beastmen and... catch a massive bolt of black fire in the chest. It burns at your very soul and hurts in a way you didn't know possible. Standing in the middle of the crowd is a large and angry looking Bray Shaman and his apprentices.

A snarl of rage on my face I stomp the ground with all my might then I pull my shield forward and keeping in front of me, I rush the shaman intent on crushing him and his lackeys. The moment after I make contact I start swinging with my flaming ax. If I can kill him and his apprentices then I'll turn my attention on any other Shaman I can find.

Just incase.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well that is getting a lot bigger then I though it would and damn I'm willing to bet this fallout is not going to be of the fun kind. So with thought and figuring that I will not like the results of what ever kind of blast this is going to be I shift into high and just book it. While yelling towards my me if they are not already moving to start retreating out of the blast zone.

They start running like hell as well.

As for you...roll a d100
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:52 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

They start running like hell as well.

As for you...roll a d100
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4136035/

1d100 → [79] = (79)

Well this it going to be pain.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next