Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:53 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 61 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:The council men look to each other and mutter in low tones, even too low for you to pick up on.  Then the speaker turns back to you and says, "If what you tell us is true, then an investigation WILL be made into matters.  On the other hand, it is abundantly clear to us that your presence is a terrible disruption to business and trade.  What would it take you to leave the city and never come back?  What would it take for you to go?  Whatever you're price, we can match it."

"I only but want justice to be served for the lady, her inheritance that was unjustly taken returned to her, and the women and children that was rescued be taken well care of, and hopefully returned to their homes and families. I have but one more business in the city, my original task really before I got side tracked. After that is done, I will be out of the city as fast as I can be." I paused slightly. "Though... you do understand that this is contingent on your end of this. But as long as we understand each other in this matter, we can leave each other alone."

After this unpleasantness is done... time to head over to the elven enclave post haste and deliver the message then get the hell out of the city before I get involved in another mess. The wilderness is better then the mess of a city run by a bunch of merchants.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:08 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 10157g 16s (10,000 more owed)

He looks at the hammer then at his decrepit former home, then nods in agreement and dashes after you.  You get out just before the final level collapses.

Valten stares at the hammer, a feeling of wholeness you've never seen on him before is spread across his face.

I look at him and then at Huss. "I think this is going to be a new dawn for the Sigmarite church as well as relations between the followers of Sigmar and Ulric. Together, we have regained Sigmar's Hammer, the True Ghal Maraz, and now the Ulricson and the Exalted of Sigmar stand together, brothers in battle."

I smile and pull Valten into a playful head lock and give his hair a ruffle. "You're still the little brother though, brat." then I make it a man hug. "Now, off to see the Dwarf High King and then well see how much time we have before we have to get back for my great reveal."

And I'm sure Huss has a question for me. When he asks I explain that there are many realms. The Sea of Chaos is an ocean with many islands.

My mother is from another of those islands, from a land called Skyrim. She was a great mortal hero who was was of a bloodline blessed by the principle god of that world, the Dragon God of Time, Akatosh, and a favored champion of that world's parallel to Sigmar, the Man God Talos who in life was of the same line. That line is that of the Dovahkin, the Dragonborn... and from there I explain a possible outline of the Skyrim story... ending it with her deciding to eventually leave the realm of mortals and return to Sovngarde while skipping the entire "death" thing.

During one of their many adventures, or as some would say misadventures my parents ended up enjoying a bit too much mead... and do I need to go into the details?

So here I am... Son of the Winter King of Wolves and the Dragon Born.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 29 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr
Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.

A snarl of rage on my face I stomp the ground with all my might then I pull my shield forward and keeping in front of me, I rush the shaman intent on crushing him and his lackeys.  The moment after I make contact I start swinging with my flaming ax.  If I can kill him and his apprentices then I'll turn my attention on any other Shaman I can find.

They fire another blast of chaos fire at you, larger than the previous, but when it hits your axe the fire ball is snuffed out and explodes with 10 times the force, this time in holy fire. You're unharmed. Those beastmen closest to you on the otherhand, not so much...

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:44 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual

Loot: all of 4 silver's worth to his name

They flip a coin...the pretty-boy goes first.

Shiny. I'll tailor my approach according to what he brings, and whether he intends to be a spar or he comes with live, prime quality arms and armor. Since he's doubtlessly more skilled than I am, and has considerable talent in the field of celerity, I expect to need to rely on force. My speed is hopefully enough to pressure him into having to parry, so I'll use that and attempt to batter his weapons out of the way and, similarly to fighting the duke, attempt to knock them out of his grip or destroy them outright. If that proves unfeasible, I'll free up one of my hands and attempt to grab him, seal his movement, and commit assault and battery that way.

The castle blacksmith is a good one.

Castle blacksmith it is, though I'll need more funds if a proper hunting spear made to my size is to be fashioned. A great deal more. Boar spears were heavy and short anyway, but for me 'short' is a bit of a misnomer and 'heavy' ... yeah. Let's hope my spars with local notables get me enough rep for a discount, or I can get Mort to spot me some coin for it.

Actually the horses can ride just fine through the forest. Bretonnian warhorses are GOOD!

Given the really deep-woods nature you've implied, there's going to be impaired maneuverability even if they're hardy enough to weather the underbrush.

Then there's the fact that I just plain prefer working with infantry as a mainstay.

Anyway, as mentioned before, after I'm done with the spars I'll let the Duke know I'll be perusing his forests during the night as I want to keep in practice.

Time to see if there are any wolves about.

Or, you know, cute elves.

Or cute elven wolf-girls. I'm not picky.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:32 am

Name: Visorex Skarin
Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
Money: 279 Gold, 4 silver, 0 copper

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

Peasants Population: 20 families
Men: 27
Women: 25
Children: 61

Heh

Heh

Alright

Alright

He stares at you for a moment, then he sighs and says, "You don't think small do you?"

He's in

Roll a d100
I laugh at his comment and say "Come it'll be fun, how many of our fellow knights can say they have a griffin or hippogriff mount. [/quote]
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:32 am

The member 'afterthought53' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 70

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe
Coin: 35 gold, 24 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Comrades: Piet(ten year old), 23 giant wolves(15 females, 11 male)

Brian Boru wrote:You find several skilled trackers and hunters. When you mention that you're going monster hunting about three of them seem interested. Two are twin brothers, mid thirties , big tough, well armed with axes and longbows. The third is young looking, clean shaven and more than a little on the weedy side but everyone else in the room seems to give him respect, and he also has a Hochland Longrifle that's seem some obvious use.
I take the three aside, and start asking questions. When is the clutching season for Griffons? For Hippogryphs? Demigryphs? What time of year do Pegasus usually foal? Are any of them native to the surrounding mountains? Do any of you have experience tracking the beasts? Do any of them know how to care for the young/eggs if we find them? Are there any of the beasts that are active in the surrounding mountains? When would be the best time to set out?

You seem to pick up on the rifle quickly enough though some say that you aren't NEARLY using the thing to it's full potential.
Is that so? Well ask the them that are saying that and find out how to improve my use. Always open to bettering myself.

The castle doctor, a skilled apothecary in his own right is willing to give you some pointers and make some corrections from the book you bought with his own experience.
I thank him for his time, and do my best to learn whatever he's willing to teach me.

Piet is taking well to training both from you and the knights that teach him about horsecare and riding. Many mention he has more potential as a rider than they've seen in a long while.
Interesting, may need to get him a better mount. Good to see he's got good potential.

After the hunters have answered my questions, I start preparing myself for a journey to the mountains. Depending on when the closest breeding season is for any of the beasts. I'll lay in enough supplies for myself, all three hunters, Piet, the wolves, and carts and the horses to pull them.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Ironforge wrote:Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 7 months, 1 week

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 900 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,210

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 900
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200
Total: 900

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Well this it going to be pain.

You run, you run like the demons of hell are after you, your legs burn, your chest heaves, you vision blurs as you pour every ounce of your might into running like hell.

And it is JUST barely enough, for you at least...for many of your own men...not so much...

Over 3000 of the Bjornlings were caught in the blast.  If they weren’t incinerated then their bodies were twisted into horrific warp spawn.  The Graelings suffered catastrophic causualties being at ground zero but you’re in no position as you need to put down over a thousand warpspawn that were once brave Bjornling warriors.

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 61 Gold, 4 Silver

"I only but want justice to be served for the lady, her inheritance that was unjustly taken returned to her, and the women and children that was rescued be taken well care of, and hopefully returned to their homes and families. I have but one more business in the city, my original task really before I got side tracked. After that is done, I will be out of the city as fast as I can be." I paused slightly. "Though... you do understand that this is contingent on your end of this. But as long as we understand each other in this matter, we can leave each other alone."

They seem a little surprised you don’t want any personal wealth, but after they mutter with each other they turn to you.  “Very well.”  And faster than you thought possible, Lady Gunnard is declared alive and returned, her cousin imprisoned for attempted murder and associating with pirates.  His three compatrioits walk but the look of horror on their faces as they leave give you the indication that they might just disappear some dark knight.  

Lady Gunnard is overjoyed at this turn of events and repays you the money you loaned her along with another 20 gc for your troubles.

After this unpleasantness is done... time to head over to the elven enclave post haste and deliver the message then get the hell out of the city before I get involved in another mess. The wilderness is better then the mess of a city run by a bunch of merchants.

The message is delivered though you get the feeling that the message might take a while considering the sneer the elf man you gave it to had for you AND Kyra.  But either way on you go.  Now how do you wish to get to Athel Loren?

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen

I look at him and then at Huss. "I think this is going to be a new dawn for the Sigmarite church as well as relations between the followers of Sigmar and Ulric. Together, we have regained Sigmar's Hammer, the True Ghal Maraz, and now the Ulricson and the Exalted of Sigmar stand together, brothers in battle."

Everyone, both Ulrician and Sigmarite smile at this.

I smile and pull Valten into a playful head lock and give his hair a ruffle. "You're still the little brother though, brat." then I make it a man hug. "Now, off to see the Dwarf High King and then well see how much time we have before we have to get back for my great reveal."

Valten grins and says he’d like to test this new hammer out soon...care for a spar?

“After this little adventure...should damn near tame.”  Valten mutters while some of the others nod in agreement.

And I'm sure Huss has a question for me. When he asks I explain that there are many realms. The Sea of Chaos is an ocean with many islands.

My mother is from another of those islands, from a land called Skyrim. She was a great mortal hero who was was of a bloodline blessed by the principle god of that world, the Dragon God of Time, Akatosh, and a favored champion of that world's parallel to Sigmar, the Man God Talos who in life was of the same line. That line is that of the Dovahkin, the Dragonborn... and from there I explain a possible outline of the Skyrim story... ending it with her deciding to eventually leave the realm of mortals and return to Sovngarde while skipping the entire "death" thing.

During one of their many adventures, or as some would say misadventures my parents ended up enjoying a bit too much mead... and do I need to go into the details?

So here I am... Son of the Winter King of Wolves and the Dragon Born.

Huss and the others stare at you...then Huss finally speaks.  “To be blunt, that is the most fucking batshit insane story I have ever heard....But frankly I believe it.  It’s too insane to be a lie and considering who is telling it?  I’m inclined to believe.”

So on you go towards Karaz-a-Karak.

Roll a d100.

They fire another blast of chaos fire at you, larger than the previous, but when it hits your axe the fire ball is snuffed out and explodes with 10 times the force, this time in holy fire. You're unharmed. Those beastmen closest to you on the otherhand, not so much...

Heh heh heh heh  Burn SUCKAS!  Burn!  If I still haven’t gotten close enough to them to attack then I close in, making sure to bat away any more blasts that come at me.  Then I turn towards other Shamen and deal with them.  THEN if there’s still a large enough group AND I have Khazrak’s head secure...DEATH SPIRAL!

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual

Shiny. I'll tailor my approach according to what he brings, and whether he intends to be a spar or he comes with live, prime quality arms and armor. Since he's doubtlessly more skilled than I am, and has considerable talent in the field of celerity, I expect to need to rely on force. My speed is hopefully enough to pressure him into having to parry, so I'll use that and attempt to batter his weapons out of the way and, similarly to fighting the duke, attempt to knock them out of his grip or destroy them outright. If that proves unfeasible, I'll free up one of my hands and attempt to grab him, seal his movement, and commit assault and battery that way.

He’s heard what you can do after your duel with the Duke so he’s going full tilt.  

When you fight, he has a sharp pair of short swords.  He’s fast VERY fast, and while you’re faster, he’s MUCH more agile.  It turns out to be a pretty good fight.  Then you get a blow in and he goes soaring across the sparing circle.

Castle blacksmith it is, though I'll need more funds if a proper hunting spear made to my size is to be fashioned. A great deal more. Boar spears were heavy and short anyway, but for me 'short' is a bit of a misnomer and 'heavy' ... yeah. Let's hope my spars with local notables get me enough rep for a discount, or I can get Mort to spot me some coin for it.

Considering your might he’s willing to fork over some money for the spears.  The blacksmith is clad to do so.

Given the really deep-woods nature you've implied, there's going to be impaired maneuverability even if they're hardy enough to weather the underbrush.

Book says that they RIDE to save settlements...but eh...

Then there's the fact that I just plain prefer working with infantry as a mainstay.

Considering you can outrun damn horses...  doesn’t really count as

Anyway, as mentioned before, after I'm done with the spars I'll let the Duke know I'll be perusing his forests during the night as I want to keep in practice.

Time to see if there are any wolves about.

Or, you know, cute elves.

Or cute elven wolf-girls. I'm not picky.

He looks at you a bit funny but he willing to let you do as you wish, he’s a Duke of Bretonnia not a braindead idiot.

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

I  laugh at his comment and say "Come it'll be fun, how many of our fellow knights can say they have a griffin or hippogriff mount.

“Not many I must admit.”

Into the mountains you move, for several days you find nothing of note...then you notice a pair of mismatched tracks.  Do you want to follow them?

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, Breast plate, furred leggings, Fine Steel bracers, fine steel greaves, well stocked healing kit, two man camping kit, book on healing, book on plants, book on herbalism, map of World, map of Kislev, map of Empire, map of Ostland, empty sack, brace of throwing axes, Hochland Longrifle.

I take the three aside, and start asking questions. When is the clutching season for Griffons? For Hippogryphs? Demigryphs? What time of year do Pegasus usually foal? Are any of them native to the surrounding mountains? Do any of you have experience tracking the beasts? Do any of them know how to care for the young/eggs if we find them? Are there any of the beasts that are active in the surrounding mountains? When would be the best time to set out?

All of them say that they have plenty of experience in the mountains and that they’ve gone up against all sorts of monsters in those mountains.  There are no Pegasi in the Middle Mountains, they’re in the Grey Mountains way to the West though.  Other beasts, like the Griffons, Hippogryphs, or Demigryphs are all nesting at the time.  As soon as possible.

Is that so? Well ask the them that are saying that and find out how to improve my use. Always open to bettering myself.

The young hunter gives you a few pointers and you seem to improve greatly with just that.

I thank him for his time, and do my best to learn whatever he's willing to teach me.

It’s quite alright he tells you.

Interesting, may need to get him a better mount. Good to see he's got good potential.

After the hunters have answered my questions, I start preparing myself for a journey to the mountains. Depending on when the closest breeding season is for any of the beasts. I'll lay in enough supplies for myself, all three hunters, Piet, the wolves, and carts and the horses to pull them.

You’re bringing Piet with you?

Piet seems a bit awed at this how you keep bring him with you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:53 pm

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

“Not many I must admit.”

Into the mountains you move, for several days you find nothing of note...then you notice a pair of mismatched tracks. Do you want to follow them?

Mismatched tracks are a good sign as it points to a chimeric creature such as a Griffin or Hippogriff. Indeed, we'll follow the tracks and I'll take the lead, telling William to keep his eyes and ears open as getting ambushed wouldn't be much fun.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

You run, you run like the demons of hell are after you, your legs burn, your chest heaves, you vision blurs as you pour every ounce of your might into running like hell.

And it is JUST barely enough, for you at least...for many of your own men...not so much...

Over 3000 of the Bjornlings were caught in the blast.  If they weren’t incinerated then their bodies were twisted into horrific warp spawn.  The Graelings suffered catastrophic causualties being at ground zero but you’re in no position as you need to put down over a thousand warpspawn that were once brave Bjornling warriors.

Damn, that was way to close of a call there and cost me way to many good men. An dammit, this was going to hurt morale if my men needed to put down there once trusted battle brothers to the blade. So with that thought I quickly move to Ulf and tell him to gather the men and deal with the remaining Graelings an to let none of them leave this field alive. As they needed to pay for this foul deed. As for our turned men, I'll tell him that I'll deal with them and give them a proper send off. As it is my responsibility to do, since I was the one that leaded them to this end and at least this way I can spare my people the horror of striking down brothers and friends.

Then once Ulf gets the men in order and moves to make sure now of the Graelings leave this day alive. I move to put to rest my fallen and twisted men and give the the peace that they deserve. Though while I do my grim deed, I make sure to leave my fist alight with pure fire, to give each of them a pyre to die in with each blow give. I also give prayer to Olric during all this, asking for him to help purge the vile evils that creep in my peoples form. So that once they die they can go to his halls where they belong.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Everyone, both Ulrician and Sigmarite smile at this.

I grin like a madman. "Well, I think we can safely say the Rivalry's going to to go friendly."

Valten grins and says he’d like to test this new hammer out soon...care for a spar?

Of course!

Lets do this!

“After this little adventure...should damn near tame.”  Valten mutters while some of the others nod in agreement.

I laugh. "So, you're looking forward to fighting your way through a full army of orcs to kill its warboss and save the kin of a dwarven king are you?"

Huss and the others stare at you...then Huss finally speaks.  “To be blunt, that is the most fucking batshit insane story I have ever heard....But frankly I believe it.  It’s too insane to be a lie and considering who is telling it?  I’m inclined to believe.”

"The strangest things are often true."

So on you go towards Karaz-a-Karak.

Roll a d100.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Heh heh heh heh  Burn SUCKAS!  Burn!  If I still haven’t gotten close enough to them to attack then I close in, making sure to bat away any more blasts that come at me.  Then I turn towards other Shamen and deal with them.  THEN if there’s still a large enough group AND I have Khazrak’s head secure...DEATH SPIRAL!

Well, the death Spiral doesn't quite work the way you wanted but you kill over two thousand while the others run screaming.

Well, the cowardly ones. The Brave ones get a lesson in Darwinism.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:All of them say that they have plenty of experience in the mountains and that they’ve gone up against all sorts of monsters in those mountains.  There are no Pegasi in the Middle Mountains, they’re in the Grey Mountains way to the West though.  Other beasts, like the Griffons, Hippogryphs, or Demigryphs are all nesting at the time.  As soon as possible.
As soon as the supplies are laid, we'll go. But before that, I find a large, more specifically deep body of water. And practice my jumping. I want to get a good feel for how high, and how far I can jump. We'll be hunting flying monsters, so it's better to come prepared. To that end buy a some metal nets, a lot of rope, and climbing gear(grapple hook is a must). And I practice with both the nets and the rope. I also include Piet in practicing and learning how to use the climbing gear. Just in case.

The young hunter gives you a few pointers and you seem to improve greatly with just that.

It’s quite alright he tells you.

Never stop learning or improving.

You’re bringing Piet with you?

Piet seems a bit awed at this how you keep bring him with you.
Yeah, it may not be the best idea ever, but he did ask me to show him the world. And while I lack a magic carpet, I can still take him with me to different places. On that note though, I stress to him that he is to remain with the cart and the wolves, that he is not to attack any of the beasts, that he is to follow the orders of the hunters, and that if any of the adults say run, he takes the wolves, whatever supplies he can grab, and he runs.

And with that, we're off to hunt for Gryphs.

Last edited by bzzt3421 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : make it better)

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:03 am

Coin: 211 Gold, 4 Silver

Brian Boru wrote:They seem a little surprised you don’t want any personal wealth, but after they mutter with each other they turn to you.  “Very well.”  And faster than you thought possible, Lady Gunnard is declared alive and returned, her cousin imprisoned for attempted murder and associating with pirates.  His three compatriots walk but the look of horror on their faces as they leave give you the indication that they might just disappear some dark night.

Pah, bunch of grubby merchants wont understand that not everything can be done with gold.

Lady Gunnard is overjoyed at this turn of events and repays you the money you loaned her along with another 20 gc for your troubles.

Great, so back to having over 200 gold. Not a bad amount. At least it should pay for what travel or supplies I'll need.

The message is delivered though you get the feeling that the message might take a while considering the sneer the elf man you gave it to had for you AND Kyra.  But either way on you go.  Now how do you wish to get to Athel Loren?

Pah, they can't complain about not getting the message.

Anyways, I'm thinking we go by the major river, getting off near Axe Bite pass, going through the pass, and through Montfort, maybe getting on a river ferry at River Grismerie until the river gets to Athel Loren. What does Kyra think?

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:14 am

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

Mismatched tracks are a good sign as it points to a chimeric creature such as a Griffin or Hippogriff. Indeed, we'll follow the tracks and I'll take the lead, telling William to keep his eyes and ears open as getting ambushed wouldn't be much fun.

Well you follow them...but it isn’t what you hoped to find, instead you stumble upon a large pack of Chimera, at least 6 strong.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Damn, that was way to close of a call there and cost me way to many good men. An dammit, this was going to hurt morale if my men needed to put down there once trusted battle brothers to the blade. So with that thought I quickly move to Ulf and tell him to gather the men and deal with the remaining Graelings an to let none of them leave this field alive. As they needed to pay for this foul deed. As for our turned men, I'll tell him that I'll deal with them and give them a proper send off. As it is my responsibility to do, since I was the one that leaded them to this end and at least this way I can spare my people the horror of striking down brothers and friends.

Ulf nods and gathers a small group of cavalry to give chase to the few surviving  Graelings down.

Then once Ulf gets the men in order and moves to make sure now of the Graelings leave this day alive. I move to put to rest my fallen and twisted men and give the the peace that they deserve. Though while I do my grim deed, I make sure to leave my fist alight with pure fire, to give each of them a pyre to die in with each blow give. I also give prayer to Olric during all this, asking for him to help purge the vile evils that creep in my peoples form. So that once they die they can go to his halls where they belong.

The spawn take you over a day before all of them are put down.

The smell is horribly foul but the job is done.  What do you say to your men?

I grin like a madman. "Well, I think we can safely say the Rivalry's going to to go friendly."

Heh

Of course!

Lets do this!

The following spar...is shockingly close, in raw power you’re still stronger than him but you are occasional driven backwards from the ferocity of his blows, and that hammer is the first thing that is able to match your axe and sword perfectly blow for blow.

It finally ends with you driving him into a corner and knocking the hammer out of his hands.

The two of you start laughing uproariously

I laugh. "So, you're looking forward to fighting your way through a full army of orcs to kill its warboss and save the kin of a dwarven king are you?"

“It’ll feel traditional.”

"The strangest things are often true."

He snorts at that.

As you travel across the mountains a foul smell hits your nose.  Passing over another ridge you find a large skaven encampment doing some sort of foul work.

There seems to be thousands of Skaven, slaves, clanrats, stormvermin, even plenty of wargear, whatever they are doing here, it’s important to them.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

Well, the death Spiral doesn't quite work the way you wanted but you kill over two thousand while the others run screaming.

Well, the cowardly ones. The Brave ones get a lesson in Darwinism.

Well I think I can live with that I’ll whack off the heads of any minotaurs I find then I go find the hunter.  Once I find him I tell him, “Well I think was a pretty successful endeavour.  Ready to go good man?”

Once we’re all set I sprint back to Middenheim.  Once we get within eye-shot of the city I’ll have the hunter hop out and I walk to the city with my shoulders high and my step proud.  I raise the head of Khazrak up and when I reach the Southern gate I declare, “I come with the head of Khazrak the One-Eye.”

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin

As soon as the supplies are laid, we'll go. But before that, I find a large, more specifically deep body of water. And practice my jumping. I want to get a good feel for how high, and how far I can jump. We'll be hunting flying monsters, so it's better to come prepared. To that end buy a some metal nets, a lot of rope, and climbing gear(grapple hook is a must). And I practice with both the nets and the rope. I also include Piet in practicing and learning how to use the climbing gear. Just in case.

Trying hard enough you can jump a good several hundred yards into the air.  The metal nets cost you a good 2 crowns, it’s not a common thing to make and it takes some trial and error before something can be made that’s serviceable.  The rest of the stuff comes at about 8 shillings.

Never stop learning or improving.

True

Yeah, it may not be the best idea ever, but he did ask me to show him the world. And while I lack a magic carpet, I can still take him with me to different places. On that note though, I stress to him that he is to remain with the cart and the wolves, that he is not to attack any of the beasts, that he is to follow the orders of the hunters, and that if any of the adults say run, he takes the wolves, whatever supplies he can grab, and he runs.

And with that, we're off to hunt for Gryphs.

He gets the message thoroughly and nods solemnly.

Once things are prepared off you go.

Roll a d100

Pah, bunch of grubby merchants won’t understand that not everything can be done with gold.

Still the job is done.

Great, so back to having over 200 gold. Not a bad amount. At least it should pay for what travel or supplies I'll need.

True

Pah, they can't complain about not getting the message.

True but Wood Elves might be considered hicks with truancy issues considering the Phoenix king called them to return home and they refused to do so.

Anyways, I'm thinking we go by the major river, getting off near Axe Bite pass, going through the pass, and through Montfort, maybe getting on a river ferry at River Grismerie until the river gets to Athel Loren. What does Kyra think?

She accepts it.  She also comments that as insane as you acted here in Marienburg.  She had to admit it was hilarious how you thrashed those idiots around.

The trip along the river goes without issue and you enter the pass with little trouble but once you get into the pass.  Roll a d100.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:29 am

The following spar...is shockingly close, in raw power you’re still stronger than him but you are occasional driven backwards from the ferocity of his blows, and that hammer is the first thing that is able to match your axe and sword perfectly blow for blow.

"YES! I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT!"

It finally ends with you driving him into a corner and knocking the hammer out of his hands.

The two of you start laughing uproariously

I give him a bone crushing (not literally) hug and scream out for all to hear "That's my little brother!"

Then I look at Huss and wink. "Could you fetch the man's hammer for him?"

“It’ll feel traditional.”

Again, I laugh."

As you travel across the mountains a foul smell hits your nose.  Passing over another ridge you find a large skaven encampment doing some sort of foul work.

There seems to be thousands of Skaven, slaves, clanrats, stormvermin, even plenty of wargear, whatever they are doing here, it’s important to them.

My eyes narrow. "Kill all of the Skaven except the Grey Seer, who we dismember and interrogate to find out what they're up to, and save any human slaves."

If he agrees, the priests provide counter-spell support, the Ogres provide fire support... and before we commit we ask the Dwarf what his skills are in battle. If he can astral project point out their leaders so we can start with that.

The Hammer should give him immunity to non-magical weapons. Together we can probably slaughter the lot of them. I want to make sure to trap them in the valley though, so any caverns get clogged with boulders. Then we clean up this mess.

And the ogres are told no eating. Skaven as unclean.

Other Gear: Dwarven Rune Axe, book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult.[/quote]

Well I think I can live with that I’ll whack off the heads of any minotaurs I find then I go find the hunter.  Once I find him I tell him, “Well I think was a pretty successful endeavour.  Ready to go good man?”

You were not really watching your rear. Gimme a d6 roll.

Once we’re all set I sprint back to Middenheim.  Once we get within eye-shot of the city I’ll have the hunter hop out and I walk to the city with my shoulders high and my step proud.  I raise the head of Khazrak up and when I reach the Southern gate I declare, “I come with the head of Khazrak the One-Eye.”

The guards look at eachother. "That's bullshit. The One-Eye's like wot, 12 foot tall? That can't be right..."

Their captain comes down and looks at the head carefully. "I'll need to show this to the Graf. Be warned, we send lairs to the fleet..."

(read as Galley Slaves)

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:38 am

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

Well you follow them...but it isn’t what you hoped to find, instead you stumble upon a large pack of Chimera, at least 6 strong.
Is it near their cave/nest?

In any case, I'll tell William to take cover behind a large pile of boulders so they can't see him. I have a crazy plan that just might work, or start a fight with 6 chimeras.

Before I begin this plan, I will bring to the front of my mind the Legacy of my Bloodline. I am Visorex Skarin, Slayer of Hel; son of Fenrir, Slayer of the Oney Eyed Crow; son of Loki, most Cunning of all the Gods. I approach the Chimera at a leisurely pace, weapons drawn and held at my sides. When they notice me, I will give them a primal Roar full of the power of my Bloodline and my iron will of Command. They will know that standing before them is Skarin, son of Fenrir, the Alpha of Alphas. My power unmatched and my right to Rule Unquestionable.

If they acquiesce to my right as the Alpha of Alphas then I will instruct them to lead me to their cave where I will choose one among their young to raise as my own, who will fight at my side. Once assured that I have full command of the Chimeras, I will bid William to come out so we can go pick up my future mount.

If they do not accept me as the Alpha of Alphas then I will charge them, weapons blazing with fire runes. I will kill five and heavily injure the sixth before trying to scare it off so I can track it back to its cave/nest.

Last edited by afterthought53 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:48 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Ulf nods and gathers a small group of cavalry to give chase to the few surviving Graelings down.
"An Ulf, my Olric guild you on this hunt my friend, as none can leave here alive for what they have done."

The spawn take you over a day before all of them are put down.

The smell is horribly foul but the job is done. What do you say to your men?
As the last man falls and the twisted forms of my men are finally laid to rest, I look over my recent fallen and feel a wave of wariness that I know will be with for a long time to come and with how the future will be a constant companion in my new life. Then after spend a few more minutes just looking over the pryes of my recent men, I call for Ingvar to gather the men. As I will need to speak with them about this recent lose and try to make sure that their morale is not to effected by it or at least will recover from this loss of people in such a foul way. An so when Ingvar has gathered then men and bought them before me, I walk to them and say.

"Men, those we lost today to the foul workings of those that would who bring this blessing of there master to all here, was both sickening in it's effect and a reminder of who and what we fight. As though our arms may be powerful, our blades true, our spirits strong and our cause worthy. Those we face care little about that, their masters less so and there foul magics even less then that. But it is also because of that, that we know that we need to fight, that we need to purge this cancer from our lands so that we will know that our families will not have to fear the touch of their foul magics, that the only death we will have to worry about would be a clean one in battle or when age takes us surrounded by those we love.

An so I say to you now, these battle were just the start, the tip of the spear of what we will face here in these lands and holdings. As we will have to face these foul magics again, we will face daemons on the field of battle and we will risk our life and soul in the coming battles. But also know that this is only happening because the Four free our might, they free our cause and they free that no matter what they will do they will lose here. As why else would we have face over a 40,000 beastmen and Grealings in our first battle, why else would we have faced Grealings with the backing from their masters in the form deamon summoning magic?

It is because they know that if they do not throw everything thing they have at us that they will lose, that there people slay by the blade and their influences lost here. As they know we will win the day here if we continue on, as have we not slayed over twice our number over in our battles alone. So what say you men, will you continue to with me?! Will you contunie to be the blade of the All-Father here in his lands?! Will You weather this storm will face to free our lands once and for all of the this Graelings Cancer?! Because if you will, I promise you now. We will win! We will driven those who have fouled our people to the grave! An we will Make them pay for all they have done to our clan over this long years! So who is with me and ready to spit in the eye of Chaos?!"

An so after that, I will order the standard clean of the field by my men. Before marching on with them to continue our purge.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:01 am

"YES! I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT!"

He's grinning like a loon as well.

I give him a bone crushing (not literally) hug and scream out for all to hear "That's my little brother!"

Then I look at Huss and wink. "Could you fetch the man's hammer for him?"

He stares for a moment, then he nods, "Yes of course."

Freida then promptly fusses over him as she clean of the small cuts he got.

My eyes narrow. "Kill all of the Skaven except the Grey Seer, who we dismember and interrogate to find out what they're up to, and save any human slaves."

Everyone stares at you for a moment, except Valten, who smiles and nods.

If he agrees, the priests provide counter-spell support, the Ogres provide fire support... and before we commit we ask the Dwarf what his skills are in battle. If he can astral project point out their leaders so we can start with that.

The Hammer should give him immunity to non-magical weapons. Together we can probably slaughter the lot of them. I want to make sure to trap them in the valley though, so any caverns get clogged with boulders. Then we clean up this mess.

And the ogres are told no eating. Skaven as unclean.

Yet again like a battle out of the tales of ancient days your tiny party plows through the forces of the Horned Rat who barely know what hit them. The rodents begin to die in their hundreds as the two Demi-gods plow into their ranks, ruining their war equipment before it can be brought to bear. You manage to spot a Grey Seer who looks infuriated that he can't use his magic. Huss and Gunter seem to be doing their job.

Eventually the slaves and the clanrats begin to shatter and only the stormvermin continue to hold their ground. Which they quickly lose under the fury of your attack. When the fight ends the skaven are either dead or dying, only the Grey Seer, held aloft by one of the ogres is still alive and he is being magically pinned down by the chants of the two priests.

What do you do with him?

You were not really watching your rear. Gimme a d6 roll.

Dammit Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d6 :

The guards look at eachother. "That's bullshit. The One-Eye's like wot, 12 foot tall? That can't be right..."

Their captain comes down and looks at the head carefully. "I'll need to show this to the Graf. Be warned, we send lairs to the fleet..."

(read as Galley Slaves)

I smile, "And have you ever SEEN Khazrak before?"

As to the captain I also show the minotaur heads I have, "Talk with the Graf, I can wait."

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

Is it near their cave/nest?

Maybe

In any case, I'll tell William to take cover behind a large pile of boulders so they can't see him. I have a crazy plan that just might work, or start a fight with 6 chimeras.

Before I begin this plan, I will bring to the front of my mind the Legacy of my Bloodline. I am Visorex Skarin, Slayer of Hel; son of Fenrir, Slayer of the Oney Eyed Crow; son of Loki, most Cunning of all the Gods. I approach the Chimera at a leisurely pace, weapons drawn and held at my sides. When they notice me, I will give them a primal Roar full of the power of my Bloodline and my iron will of Command. They will know that standing before them is Skarin, son of Fenrir, the Alpha of Alphas. My power unmatched and my right to Rule Unquestionable.

If they acquiesce to my right as the Alpha of Alphas then I will instruct them to lead me to their cave where I will choose one among their young to raise as my own, who will fight at my side. Once assured that I have full command of the Chimeras, I will bid William to come out so we can go pick up my future mount.

If they do not accept me as the Alpha of Alphas then I will charge them, weapons blazing with fire runes. I will kill five and heavily injure the fifth before trying to scare it off so I can track it back to its cave/nest.

Actually they take one look at you...and run with their tails between their legs and squealing like their backsides were set on fire.

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

"An Ulf, my Olric guild you on this hunt my friend, as none can leave here alive for what they have done."

"May he watch over you with your task." He answers grimly.

As the last man falls and the twisted forms of my men are finally laid to rest, I look over my recent fallen and feel a wave of wariness that I know will be with for a long time to come and with how the future will be a constant companion in my new life. Then after spend a few more minutes just looking over the pryes of my recent men, I call for Ingvar to gather the men. As I will need to speak with them about this recent lose and try to make sure that their morale is not to effected by it or at least will recover from this loss of people in such a foul way. An so when Ingvar has gathered then men and bought them before me, I walk to them and say.

"Men, those we lost today to the foul workings of those that would who bring this blessing of there master to all here, was both sickening in it's effect and a reminder of who and what we fight. As though our arms may be powerful, our blades true, our spirits strong and our cause worthy. Those we face care little about that, their masters less so and there foul magics even less then that. But it is also because of that, that we know that we need to fight, that we need to purge this cancer from our lands so that we will know that our families will not have to fear the touch of their foul magics, that the only death we will have to worry about would be a clean one in battle or when age takes us surrounded by those we love.

An so I say to you now, these battle were just the start, the tip of the spear of what we will face here in these lands and holdings. As we will have to face these foul magics again, we will face daemons on the field of battle and we will risk our life and soul in the coming battles. But also know that this is only happening because the Four free our might, they free our cause and they free that no matter what they will do they will lose here. As why else would we have face over a 40,000 beastmen and Grealings in our first battle, why else would we have faced Grealings with the backing from their masters in the form deamon summoning magic?

It is because they know that if they do not throw everything thing they have at us that they will lose, that there people slay by the blade and their influences lost here. As they know we will win the day here if we continue on, as have we not slayed over twice our number over in our battles alone. So what say you men, will you continue to with me?! Will you contunie to be the blade of the All-Father here in his lands?! Will You weather this storm will face to free our lands once and for all of the this Graelings Cancer?! Because if you will, I promise you now. We will win! We will driven those who have fouled our people to the grave! An we will Make them pay for all they have done to our clan over this long years! So who is with me and ready to spit in the eye of Chaos?!"

There is silence then almost as one they roar, "I am!"

An so after that, I will order the standard clean of the field by my men. Before marching on with them to continue our purge.

Despite so many dead, it takes much less time to clean up this battlefield the longest task being maintaining the pyres of their twisted comrades.

Then after a few days rest you march again.

d100
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:04 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Despite so many dead, it takes much less time to clean up this battlefield the longest task being maintaining the pyres of their twisted comrades.

Then after a few days rest you march again.

d100
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4138556/

1d100 → [10] = (10)

Well it looks like the speech really worked well for us there. Smile
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:19 am

]Name: Not Yet Chosen

He's grinning like a loon as well.

This is GREAT!

He stares for a moment, then he nods, "Yes of course."

So is he freaking out over the fact that he's currently carrying GHAL MARAZ to hand it to SIGMAR REBORN? Wink

I know he'd get a kick out of it! Very Happy

Freida then promptly fusses over him as she clean of the small cuts he got.

I tisk. "Remember, lad, swore to protect her virtue..."

Everyone stares at you for a moment, except Valten, who smiles and nods.

I look at them. "What?"

Yet again like a battle out of the tales of ancient days your tiny party plows through the forces of the Horned Rat who barely know what hit them.  The rodents begin to die in their hundreds as the two Demi-gods plow into their ranks, ruining their war equipment before it can be brought to bear.  You manage to spot a Grey Seer who looks infuriated that he can't use his magic.  Huss and Gunter seem to be doing their job.

This time its we warrior brothers, fighting side by side against evil!

Eventually the slaves and the clanrats begin to shatter and only the stormvermin continue to hold their ground.  Which they quickly lose under the fury of your attack.  When the fight ends the skaven are either dead or dying, only the Grey Seer, held aloft by one of the ogres is still alive and he is being magically pinned down by the chants of the two priests.

What do you do with him?

When the rat isn't able to see me, I mouth "Trust me"

Then I talk to the Skaven and inform him that he will tell us EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. Otherwise I'll start cutting bits off... and I pull my dagger and place it against his groin.

Starting there.

But if he does talk I give him my word that no man here will harm him. After all, it's hardly his fault that an army of dwarves ten times the size of his own force ambushed him. It must have been the work of one of his rivals looking to undermine him and the Horned Rat's Great plan in the name of his own selfish greed rather than his own enlightened service...

Basically I play into his fear and ego and own sense of self-preservation.

I tell the priests to be ready to record everything he says... I'm sure he'll have a lot to say. And in the questioning I make sure to run him in circles asking the same questions again and again. Repeated falsehoods tend to fall apart.

After about 10-12 hours of non-stop questioning I tell him that we're done and as per my word, no man will kill him...

I lend Freida my dagger. Smile

Sorry to say but the old man's no longer in the world of the living. You don't want to know more. Really.

I smile, "And have you ever SEEN Khazrak before?"

"Do I look dead? Only the Graf's seen 'em and lived and you ain't the graf"

As to the captain I also show the minotaur heads I have, "Talk with the Graf, I can wait."

A half hour later you're marched up to the palace.

You see dark haired man with a truly awesome 'stash and only one eye sitting on the throne.

"Well then, show me the head."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:29 am

Brian Boru wrote:Still the job is done.

Truth.

True but Wood Elves might be considered hicks with truancy issues considering the Phoenix king called them to return home and they refused to do so.

Fair enough, and they may have a point. But still, annoying.

She accepts it.  She also comments that as insane as you acted here in Marienburg.  She had to admit it was hilarious how you thrashed those idiots around.

What can I say? I was getting fed up with all the crap.

The trip along the river goes without issue and you enter the pass with little trouble but once you get into the pass.  Roll a d100.

Rolling.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:29 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 31

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:31 am

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

Maybe

Actually they take one look at you...and run with their tails between their legs and squealing like their backsides were set on fire.

Wow, wasn't expecting that. I quickly get over my shock and yell at William "William, come quickly. We give chase after them" Then I run after the Chimeras with William right behind me, making sure that I don't run too fast for him to follow. The Chimeras are likely running back to their cave/nest as they view the are as a 'safe place'.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:49 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears

He’s heard what you can do after your duel with the Duke so he’s going full tilt.

When you fight, he has a sharp pair of short swords. He’s fast VERY fast, and while you’re faster, he’s MUCH more agile. It turns out to be a pretty good fight. Then you get a blow in and he goes soaring across the sparing circle.

I head over to check on him.

Considering your might he’s willing to fork over some money for the spears. The blacksmith is clad to do so.

Awesome. I make sure to practice with them, since unless things get hairy I'll probably be using these more than the runic weapons.

Book says that they RIDE to save settlements...but eh...

It's not impossible. There are probably trails and dirt tracks/roads. Strategically, they'd retain a lot of their mobility in that case. Tactically, though ...

Considering you can outrun damn horses... doesn’t really count as

True, but I really meant that in most strategy games I've played I've consistently done better with infantry than I have with mounted troops.

He looks at you a bit funny but he willing to let you do as you wish, he’s a Duke of Bretonnia not a braindead idiot.

I make it into some relatively deep woods that night, and howl out a greeting.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:50 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well it looks like the speech really worked well for us there. Smile

It seems that with the destruction of that army and the vast majority of their shamans, much of the fight went out of the Graelings.  Village after village is torn up and everything put to the flames.  As you approach the northern coast your scouts tell you that the remaining Graelings seem to be making a run for it.  A massive fleet is being made along the Northern coast and men, women, and children are pileing into the boats and sailing south.

Psyckosama wrote:]Name: Not Yet Chosen

So is he freaking out over the fact that he's currently carrying GHAL MARAZ to hand it to SIGMAR REBORN? Wink

Actually his eyes are practically spinning.

I tisk. "Remember, lad, swore to protect her virtue..."

She actually gives you a loom before she goes back to her fussing.

I look at them. "What?"

They just shake their heads.

This time its we warrior brothers, fighting side by side against evil!

Heh

When the rat isn't able to see me, I mouth "Trust me"

Then I talk to the Skaven and inform him that he will tell us EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. Otherwise I'll start cutting bits off... and I pull my dagger and place it against his groin.

Starting there.

But if he does talk I give him my word that no man here will harm him. After all, it's hardly his fault that an army of dwarves ten times the size of his own force ambushed him. It must have been the work of one of his rivals looking to undermine him and the Horned Rat's Great plan in the name of his own selfish greed rather than his own enlightened service...

Basically I play into his fear and ego and own sense of self-preservation.

I tell the priests to be ready to record everything he says... I'm sure he'll have a lot to say. And in the questioning I make sure to run him in circles asking the same questions again and again. Repeated falsehoods tend to fall apart.

After about 10-12 hours of non-stop questioning I tell him that we're done and as per my word, no man will kill him...

I lend Freida my dagger. Smile

He's silent for a while, then he spills his guts, the fella ends up telling you about every major campaign the skaven were planning in the Black Mountains and this part of the World's Edge mountains.  There's quite a bit going on and it'll take a while before everything can be properly examined.

Freida takes the knife and when the Skaven realizes what's about to happen he struggles wildly, for all the good it does him.

She deals with him about as easily as a chicken for supper.

Sorry to say but the old man's no longer in the world of the living. You don't want to know more. Really.

I grimace, "Sorry old man...may Morr take you to his realm..."

I wrap his remains in a piece of cloth and take him with me.  I intend to make sure he has a hero's burial.

Before I head to the palace I ask that my companions remains be given the proper send off.

"Do I look dead? Only the Graf's seen 'em and lived and you ain't the graf"

"True but that doesn't mean I didn't kill him."

A half hour later you're marched up to the palace.

You see dark haired man with a truly awesome 'stash and only one eye sitting on the throne.

"Well then, show me the head."

I bow respectfully and present the head to the Graf, "Lord Boris Todbringer, I present the head of the Beastlord Khazrak the One-Eye."

What can I say? I was getting fed up with all the crap.

As was she.

You almost get out of the mountains unmolested...almost.

You get ambushed by a pack of 20 or so Goblins as you move through the pass.

Army:
2 heavy Infantry
2 Men-at-Arms
2 Archers

Assets:
2 Riding Horse
100 Sheep
Small Iron Mine

Wow, wasn't expecting that. I quickly get over my shock and yell at William "William, come quickly. We give chase after them" Then I run after the Chimeras with William right behind me, making sure that I don't run too fast for him to follow. The Chimeras are likely running back to their cave/nest as they view the are as a 'safe place'.

You rush after the beasts though you soon have to carry Willaim as both you and the beasts quickly outpace him.

After running through the mountains you finally come to a cavern that the beasts rush into.

You've found their lair.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:56 am

Name:
Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

It seems that with the destruction of that army and the vast majority of their shamans, much of the fight went out of the Graelings.  Village after village is torn up and everything put to the flames.  As you approach the northern coast your scouts tell you that the remaining Graelings seem to be making a run for it.  A massive fleet is being made along the Northern coast and men, women, and children are pileing into the boats and sailing south.
Well that can't be allowed to happen, as if they can get away this will just all start up again years down the line. So instead I ask our scouts how much longer do we have until we can make in there in force and how long until they can leave? As if we can all make it before they can leave, then will we continue on to put them to the sword. But if we can't make it in time, then I'll leave Ulf behind with the men, so they can keep on coming to where the boats will be. While I will move on ahead by myself and destroy all the boats first, before moving on to wipe the rest of the Grealings out myself until my men reach me again, for the final push.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:05 am

Actually his eyes are practically spinning.

"You alright there, Luthor?"

She actually gives you a loom before she goes back to her fussing.

I laugh.

They just shake their heads.

I guess me and Valten just grin.

He's silent for a while, then he spills his guts, the fella ends up telling you about every major campaign the skaven were planning in the Black Mountains and this part of the World's Edge mountains.  There's quite a bit going on and it'll take a while before everything can be properly examined.

Record EVERYTHING.

Freida takes the knife and when the Skaven realizes what's about to happen he struggles wildly, for all the good it does him.

"You should have seen it coming. I mean really 'No man will harm you' when there's a woman present..." I roll my eyes.

I wanna twist that knife before his throat is slit.

She deals with him about as easily as a chicken for supper.

All hail the Shield Maiden Freida and her mighty sword...

Speaking of which, we really need to train her proper if she's going to travel with this bunch.

Anyways... I decapitate the seer. His head will make a nice gift for the dwarves along with a copy of the notes...

So, onward?

I grimace, "Sorry old man...may Morr take you to his realm..."

I wrap his remains in a piece of cloth and take him with me.  I intend to make sure he has a hero's burial.

It's a very small cloth.

Before I head to the palace I ask that my companions remains be given the proper send off.

Its taken to the Temple of Morr. Cosmina gives him last rites.

"True but that doesn't mean I didn't kill him."

"From the looks of you, you're the kind to be joining him."

I bow respectfully and present the head to the Graf, "Lord Boris Todbringer, I present the head of the Beastlord Khazrak the One-Eye."

He steps forward, picks up the head, looks it over, and then places it back down and looks to his guards and nods.

The Captain steps up behind you. "As I expected. What do you want done with him?"

"See it that the man is paid and have that thing mounted."

"What?"

His face splits into a feral grin. "That's the beast alright."

Then he looks to you. "So who are you who felled my mortal enemy?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:
As was she.

I'll bet.

You almost get out of the mountains unmolested...almost.

You get ambushed by a pack of 20 or so Goblins as you move through the pass.

Poor, poor goblins. Time to slaughter them. Anyways, I'll kill them as fast as I can (while also covering Kyra) and watch for more threats, if there aren't any, time to continue on our journey.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:32 am

Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north

Rune items:

Time in Verse and date:

Faction:
True Norscans

High King

Personal Wealth:
1014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:

Vassals:

Retainers:

Pack:
Winter Wolves:

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Pier x1

Personal Army:
-Axe and Board x400
-Great Weapon x300
-Archers x200

Inventory:

Well that can't be allowed to happen, as if they can get away this will just all start up again years down the line. So instead I ask our scouts how much longer do we have until we can make in there in force and how long until they can leave? As if we can all make it before they can leave, then will we continue on to put them to the sword. But if we can't make it in time, then I'll leave Ulf behind with the men, so they can keep on coming to where the boats will be. While I will move on ahead by myself and destroy all the boats first, before moving on to wipe the rest of the Grealings out myself until my men reach me again, for the final push.

You might be able to get there a day before the fleet is ready to leave. You pound your way north, resting just enough to prevent exhaustion in the army. Soon you reach the fleet and it is a MASSIVE sight. Countless ships are on the shore as women and children pour onto them with recalcitrant livestock while their menfolk guard the loading of them. When they spot you the entire encampment scrambles like an ant hill that was kicked over.

"You alright there, Luthor?"

He's alright, just a little overwhelmed is all.

Record EVERYTHING.

They do but the bastard rambles and backtracks so badly it'll take a while to straighten out.

"You should have seen it coming. I mean really 'No man will harm you' when there's a woman present..." I roll my eyes.

The curses and the 'may your's are just damn FILTHY you feel like you need to cover Frieda's ears at the language.

I wanna twist that knife before his throat is slit.

You did it.

All hail the Shield Maiden Freida and her mighty sword...

Speaking of which, we really need to train her proper if she's going to travel with this bunch.

She doesn't seem to have the talent for it though she does seem to have some skill with her handgun, though that's mostly becuase you demanded that she do it a million times. She's worried that the stink of sulpher will be stuck on her forever. How'll she find a man now?

Anyways... I decapitate the seer. His head will make a nice gift for the dwarves along with a copy of the notes...

So, onward?

Yes. Eventually you reach the greatest hold in the Kazrak Ankor, Karaz-a-Karak, the Everpeak. Eventually you come across a dwarven patrol who asks what a pack of Manlings and orgres are doing here when they obviously aren't a trade cravan. Though you notice their eyes constantly flick towards your ax and sword.

It's a very small cloth.

Damn...just damn.

Its taken to the Temple of Morr. Cosmina gives him last rites.

Once I get the chance to I ask the Ar-Ulric two things, one the man's name and two who where his closest of kin. He can't get the reward but dammit his blood will!

"From the looks of you, you're the kind to be joining him."

"We'll just have to see won't we?"

He steps forward, picks up the head, looks it over, and then places it back down and looks to his guards and nods.

The Captain steps up behind you. "As I expected. What do you want done with him?"

"See it that the man is paid and have that thing mounted."

"What?"

His face splits into a feral grin. "That's the beast alright."

Then he looks to you. "So who are you who felled my mortal enemy?"

"I am Skarin Beowulfsson, formerly of Norsca and the great Tribe of the Bjornlings. I left home several years ago and my travels eventually brought me hear. I heard that there was a great bounty on a beastman called Khazrak and I thought, 'why the hell not?' and I decided to try my luck bagging him."

Poor, poor goblins. Time to slaughter them. Anyways, I'll kill them as fast as I can (while also covering Kyra) and watch for more threats, if there aren't any, time to continue on our journey.

Just as you kill the last one, you hear the thunder of hoof beats and down from the Bretonnian side of the pass ride a Chainmailed knight of Bretonnia with a half dozen men-at-arms with him.

He looks at the dead goblins and then that there is just two of you. Then he lifts his visor and looks at you, "Well this is certainly an interesting sight."

"Tell me did just the two of you dispatch these beasts? Even if they were only goblins that is still impressive."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:40 am

He's alright, just a little overwhelmed is all.

Friendly smile.

They do but the bastard rambles and backtracks so badly it'll take a while to straighten out.

I know.

The curses and the 'may your's are just damn FILTHY you feel like you need to cover Frieda's ears at the language.

I look at Valten. "You think they memorize this shit from some 'Villainous Handbook of Ominous Threats' or something?"

She doesn't seem to have the talent for it though she does seem to have some skill with her handgun, though that's mostly becuase you demanded that she do it a million times.  She's worried that the stink of sulpher will be stuck on her forever.  How'll she find a man now?  

I roll my eyes. "No, the boys will not be interested... but REAL MEN like a woman who can handle herself! Isn't that right, little brother?"

Yes.  Eventually you reach the greatest hold in the Kazrak Ankor, Karaz-a-Karak, the Everpeak.  Eventually you come across a dwarven patrol who asks what a pack of Manlings and orgres are doing here when they obviously aren't a trade cravan.  Though you notice their eyes constantly flick towards your ax and sword.

And not the awesome hammer?

"We come to speak to the king and we come bearing gifts and information."

I hold up the Skaven head.

"Plus our friend here has a grudge that needs to be addressed."

I nod at the old Dwarf who clearly they didn't see.

Damn...just damn.

Be more mindful

Once I get the chance to I ask the Ar-Ulric two things, one the man's name and two who where his closest of kin.  He can't get the reward but dammit his blood will!

His family were all killed and eaten by beastmen.

"We'll just have to see won't we?"

"Bloody norskin. I should box your ears!"

"I am Skarin Beowulfsson, formerly of Norsca and the great Tribe of the Bjornlings.  I left home several years ago and my travels eventually brought me hear.  I heard that there was a great bounty on a beastman called Khazrak and I thought, 'why the hell not?' and I decided to try my luck bagging him."

He looks at you levelly. "Khazrak the One-Eye is not one of those beastmen that you just happen to 'bag'. Explain how he fell."

Last edited by Psyckosama on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:43 am

Brian Boru wrote:Just as you kill the last one, you hear the thunder of hoof beats and down from the Bretonnian side of the pass ride a Chainmailed knight of Bretonnia with a half dozen men-at-arms with him.

He looks at the dead goblins and then that there is just two of you.  Then he lifts his visor and looks at you, "Well this is certainly an interesting sight."

"Tell me did just the two of you dispatch these beasts?  Even if they were only goblins that is still impressive."

I put away my weapons after wiping off the blood of the goblins, then turned to the knight and his men at arms.

"Aye, that is correct, these fools probably believed that two lone travelers were easy prey." I stated simply. "I am Marcus Raynor, what is your name sir knight?"

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next