Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

+4
Rieverre
Ironforge
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
8 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by afterthought53 Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:35 am

Name: Visorex Skarin
 Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
 Money: 144 Gold, 1 silver, 2 copper

Army: 2 Heavy Infantry, 2 Archers
 Assets: 2 Riding Horse

No it was just a comment on the quality of the wine.

He claps you on the shoulder, "Good to hear it."

She did believe you for a second though once she got the joke her laughter was like musical bells astoundingly enough...Bretonnia eh?
Indeed, Bretonnian nobility are exceptionally blessed.

Well anything else you wish to say to her or should you continue on your rounds?  Because you'll need to move quick, a young lady that reminds you of Scarlett Johansen holding a polished hardwood staff with gold inlaid into the wood to make it look like graceful vines while a finely wrought crystal is embedded at the top, looks ready to cut in at any moment with your conversation with Jessamine.

I will bid her adieu with "Lady Jessamine, it has been a pleasure speaking with you this fine evening. If you will but wish me luck for tomorrow's melee, I will stop taking up so much of your time. For it is said that wishes of beutiful ladies oft come true." which I will follow with a charming smile and bid her goodnight.

Afterwards, I will head towards Sir Gisoux or Sir d'Marr, the friends whom I initially showed up to the tournament with. Though I have a feeling the Lady with the Staff who brings to mind Sir Gisoux's descriptions of the local priestesses, called Damsels of the Lady, will intercept me long before I reach either of my friends.
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:13 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

"Not all humans are short sighted lady, some can see beyond the needs of the present to see the long term benefits or detriment of one's current actions."

"At least some of you at least claim to be, most wouldn't even claim to that."

I smile at that quip. "I guess even Elf youngsters are too hardheaded and hot blooded to really heed their elders?"

"I believe that is a fault of all peoples."

By which I assume she's saying 'You'd better come with me or else, on the pain of death.' in polite phrasing.

But, I give a slight nod. "Not all humans are blind to the changes in the air. I am amenable to speaking later, but right now, I have a commitment with these people to assist them in reaching the relative safety outside the forest. I gave them my word that I would bring them safely to their destination and I shall. Once that is done, I will be free to speak on this matter further with you."

She silent for a moment, "Very well, we will be watching you, when you are done return up the river, we meet back here."

Then with that she and all the sounds you'd been hearing disappear as if they were never there.

Psyckosama wrote:There are some chuckles.

Fredrick shoots glares.

I chuckle with them.

Blink. Blink. "Okay..."

I shrug, "I'm pretty fast when I put my mind to it."

"Though you'd never ask, boy. Pay's six shillings a week, plus your cut of any loot we're permitted by custom to take. That means no grave robbing and nothing tainted with necromantic magics."

"Sounds good to me but just to clarify, by grave robbing you mean digging something up? Not taking something off a zombie we kill?"

However the answer is to my previous question I sheath my gear and say, "Well lead the way Herr Fredrick, to whoever I need to sign on with."

I then follow them humming this little ditty while I walk.

Brian Boru wrote:I slow down a bit as I near so I can enter without problem

I do ask them to direct me to their commander and pay any toll. I show him the letter and say I wish to speak to their lord about the possibility of some employment.

There are beastmen in these woods. I look to correct that problem! Very Happy

The guards look at the paper and snort, just because some Norscan punk managed to knock off a crippled ungor they think they're the hottest shit ever. (They didn't nor can they read the paper.) But they take you to the commander, he takes the message and opens it to see just what he's dealing with, the change of emotions on his face are so fast and severe that several men stare at their commander. He looks back and forth between the letter several time before he turns to the guard and says, "Make sure he doesn't leave." Then sprints out of the guard office.

Half an hour later an older man with greying red hair comes in. His stormgrey eyes look you over several times before he says, "I am Count Heinrich von Uder, Lord of Mittleweg. I am a very busy man with plans on clearing out several beastmen nests. So I have very little tolerance for bullshit." He shows you the letter. "Tell me now and tell me honestly, is this genuine? Did you truly kill 80 beastmen including a minotaur by yourself?"

Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer

"Well then I can understand why you acted as you did when we first meet, though I wonder what you thought would have come about from such action? As it sounds like you want more then just to get away from those that wronged you and your kin. As it sounds like you want to bring proper vengeance to those that wronged you. An if so, then I promise you to let you have the chance to gain that strength and power to bring about your vengeance. As there are few things a strong arm and a wall of northern might can't solve."

She looks back at the loot baggage train for a moment then back at the bits of weapons and armor some of your troops nicked from the knights dead on the field. "To be perfectly honest my lord. I do not think that any greater vengence could be now wrought on my family's murderers. All I wish now is to be away from them. Maybe have a family of my own someday as I've never truly had one that I could remember."

"Ah, now that is a great idea my Jarl, and one I'm sure the men would love. Though can we also break into some of the ale we have sacked too, as we can't have such a feast without good drink now can we?"

The Jarl agrees and the next day is the beginnings of a feast the likes of which you've never personally seen.

"Yes, an as for what is wrong with me. I guess my values and thoughts are just a little different then most. As I can find nothing more beautiful the true values of the northern lands and the ladies of the north in both spirit and charm. But the reasons why I wish to see her grow strong is, because I believe that she deserves the chance to become strong like we are and not just the pretty little mewing sow the nobles of these lands force there women to be. An so that she can decide her own fate to gain vengeance for the wrongs that were down to her family out of greed by her own hand." An if asked by the Jarl of her tale I'll tell it to him. "So my Jarl can I have your aid in this or will I need to do this on my own?"

After a moment's silence he agrees to have her taught to fight, "Though don't be surprised if she comes back looking like Genna."

Genna it turns out is one of the warriors who marched with you and though she fought topless you never guessed she was a woman. Square head, hairy brows, so many scars she's more scar tissue than flesh, muscles as big as any man in the band, huge hams for hands, and literally titless. Though apparently she had been a great beauty about five years ago, then she decided she wanted to be a fighter.

Then once that is handled with the Jarl I'll head out an help with the feasting that is to come and look for my friend Tregyv an see how he fared. An if he could do with some company of a friend and a lady as I doubt Renee would be far from me.

You spot Tregyv quickly enough and soon the two of you talk about what you both did. It seems that Tregyv had the misfortune of running into two damsels at the same time, and in a magical free for all that the bards would sing of he managed to beat the both of them.

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin

Indeed, Bretonnian nobility are exceptionally blessed.

Heh

I will bid her adieu with "Lady Jessamine, it has been a pleasure speaking with you this fine evening. If you will but wish me luck for tomorrow's melee, I will stop taking up so much of your time. For it is said that wishes of beutiful ladies oft come true." which I will follow with a charming smile and bid her goodnight.

She says good night as well and she wishes you the best of luck and the Lady's blessing.

Afterwards, I will head towards Sir Gisoux or Sir d'Marr, the friends whom I initially showed up to the tournament with. Though I have a feeling the Lady with the Staff who brings to mind Sir Gisoux's descriptions of the local priestesses, called Damsels of the Lady, will intercept me long before I reach either of my friends.

As a mater of fact she does interrupt your attempt of hiding with friends.

"Greetings Sir Skarin, it is a pleasure to meet you," she said in a sweet and musical tone, "I'm Genevieve, a humble woman and servant of the lady. I had the honor of watching you prove your skill and valor these last two today and I must say that I am greatly impressed. Your feats of strength are astounding and I must ask, how did you come to possess such impressive might?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:I shrug, "I'm pretty fast when I put my mind to it."

"That's useful in this line of work."

"Sounds good to me but just to clarify, by grave robbing you mean digging something up?  Not taking something off a zombie we kill?"

"I'll teach you the differences."

However the answer is to my previous question I sheath my gear and say, "Well lead the way Herr Fredrick, to whoever I need to sign on with."

"We've agreed to it, all we need. I gave my word, you've given yours. Now, heft your blade and lets go."

I then follow them humming this little ditty while I walk.

No comment from them.

They continue into the woods trying to follow the trail of the undead, but slowly it grows late.

"Bugger," muttered Fedreick. "We're going to have to camp for the night." he looks over the group. "Watches of two. I'll take the midnight watch. Who's with me?"

Brian Boru wrote:The guards look at the paper and snort, just because some Norscan punk managed to knock off a crippled ungor they think they're the hottest shit ever.  (They didn't nor can they read the paper.)

They're also very foolish to give flack to a man who is a good head and a half taller than them. They're probably looking me right in the nipples.

But they take you to the commander, he takes the message and opens it to see just what he's dealing with, the change of emotions on his face are so fast and severe that several men stare at their commander.  He looks back and forth between the letter several time before he turns to the guard and says, "Make sure he doesn't leave."  Then sprints out of the guard office.

I smile and take a seat.

Half an hour later an older man with greying red hair comes in.  His stormgrey eyes look you over several times before he says, "I am Count Heinrich von Uder, Lord of Mittleweg.  I am a very busy man with plans on clearing out several beastmen nests.  So I have very little tolerance for bullshit."  He shows you the letter.  "Tell me now and tell me honestly, is this genuine?  Did you truly kill 80 beastmen including a minotaur by yourself?"

"Actually, it was a Doombull, if plate armor and symbols of the Skull Lord were any indication... but I wasn't about to drag that sort of filth with me to prove it."

Said in a perfect deadpan. "Send a runner to Basdahl if you desire evidence and have him ask about The Log if you don't believe me capable."

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:53 am

Name: Cameron the Wanderer

She looks back at the loot baggage train for a moment then back at the bits of weapons and armor some of your troops nicked from the knights dead on the field. "To be perfectly honest my lord. I do not think that any greater vengence could be now wrought on my family's murderers. All I wish now is to be away from them. Maybe have a family of my own someday as I've never truly had one that I could remember."
"Well then the offer still stands, but if a family and home is all you yearn for then I'll see what I can do for you."

After a moment's silence he agrees to have her taught to fight, "Though don't be surprised if she comes back looking like Genna."

Genna it turns out is one of the warriors who marched with you and though she fought topless you never guessed she was a woman. Square head, hairy brows, so many scars she's more scar tissue than flesh, muscles as big as any man in the band, huge hams for hands, and literally titless. Though apparently she had been a great beauty about five years ago, then she decided she wanted to be a fighter.
Giving him a blank spare for amount to fully take in the bull that he was trying to sell me there and then realizing rather quickly that he has to be pulling my leg here after remembering how the other warrior women of the tribe looked. I look right back into his eyes an just break out into laughter. "Bwhahahahahahaha. Damn you my Jarl, you almost had me there. But, there is no way Genna was the beauty you say she was my liege. As is no way the training she would have gone through turn her into that if she did not start off that way. Though damn, I did not figure you much for jokes my Jarl." I say with good cheer an a smirk to his ribbing.

You spot Tregyv quickly enough and soon the two of you talk about what you both did. It seems that Tregyv had the misfortune of running into two damsels at the same time, and in a magical free for all that the bards would sing of he managed to beat the both of them.
"Well I'm glad things ended well for you too my friend and let me toast in honor of your deed as being able to take on two casters at once is no small deed." 

Then after toasting to Tregyv, I introduce my lady companion to him and him to her.  An from there just enjoy the rest of the feast with them. Before we have to head back home the next day.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:57 am

Name: Marcus Raynor

Brian Boru wrote:"At least some of you at least claim to be, most wouldn't even claim to that."

"Not all can live up to the ideal sadly. Much to the detriment of the world."

"I believe that is a fault of all peoples."

"Aye, that's the way of it."

She silent for a moment, "Very well, we will be watching you, when you are done return up the river, we meet back here."

Then with that she and all the sounds you'd been hearing disappear as if they were never there.

I grimace slightly, then smile. It could have gone alot worse. I turn to the villagers and address them. "The elves will not assail us. But we must make haste, this forest is becoming more unwelcome by the hour. Let us make way so that we can get out of here and to the relative safety of civilization."

With that, it was time to resume the trek to the towns.

After which, I'll have to come back. I'll keep my word to the Elves.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:02 am

Oddly enough though the biggest hill you can find is empty, the castle is actually close to the village in a way that's seemingly aesthetically pleasing.  Odd that.

You have to move through a forest in order to reach the place, but right when you're about to reach the bottom of the hill the sound of a horn and crashing hooves sound off right next to you and before you can react several mounted men in bright clothing are thundering right towards you in their chase after a stag.

Oh joy. I jump and roll out of the way of the horses.

So much for trying to stay low key while gathering information about wherever the hell this is that I've managed to land.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:"That's useful in this line of work."

"Hah"

"I'll teach you the differences."

"Fair enough."

"We've agreed to it, all we need. I gave my word, you've given yours. Now, heft your blade and lets go."

"Ah, alright then."

No comment from them.

Shame

They continue into the woods trying to follow the trail of the undead, but slowly it grows late.

"Bugger," muttered Fedreick. "We're going to have to camp for the night." he looks over the group. "Watches of two. I'll take the midnight watch. Who's with me?"

"I will." I volunteer for the watch with Fred.

Brian Boru wrote:They're also very foolish to give flack to a man who is a good head and a half taller than them. They're probably looking me right in the nipples.

Amazing what giving a man an uniform will do to his ego.

I smile and take a seat.

Heh

"Actually, it was a Doombull, if plate armor and symbols of the Skull Lord were any indication... but I wasn't about to drag that sort of filth with me to prove it."

Said in a perfect deadpan. "Send a runner to Basdahl if you desire evidence and have him ask about The Log if you don't believe me capable."

There is dead silence at that.

Then von Uder finally speaks up, "So...what is it you want here?"

"Well then the offer still stands, but if a family and home is all you yearn for then I'll see what I can do for you."

"You are a kinder man than you let on Cameron."

Giving him a blank spare for amount to fully take in the bull that he was trying to sell me there and then realizing rather quickly that he has to be pulling my leg here after remembering how the other warrior women of the tribe looked. I look right back into his eyes an just break out into laughter. "Bwhahahahahahaha. Damn you my Jarl, you almost had me there. But, there is no way Genna was the beauty you say she was my liege. As is no way the training she would have gone through turn her into that if she did not start off that way. Though damn, I did not figure you much for jokes my Jarl." I say with good cheer an a smirk to his ribbing.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" He starts laughing his ass off.

"Well I'm glad things ended well for you too my friend and let me toast in honor of your deed as being able to take on two casters at once is no small deed." 

Then after toasting to Tregyv, I introduce my lady companion to him and him to her.  An from there just enjoy the rest of the feast with them. Before we have to head back home the next day.

The next day the ships prepare to leave and you're in the middle of loading the loot, a scout rushes into camp shouting about how a huge Bretonnian army is on it's way. Easily 400 knights and thousands of men at arms unless you want to leave half of the loot behind you're going to have to run now.

"Not all can live up to the ideal sadly. Much to the detriment of the world."

"True."

I grimace slightly, then smile. It could have gone alot worse. I turn to the villagers and address them. "The elves will not assail us. But we must make haste, this forest is becoming more unwelcome by the hour. Let us make way so that we can get out of here and to the relative safety of civilization."

You get no argument from the villagers who were sweating bullets during the entire conversation.

With that, it was time to resume the trek to the towns.

After which, I'll have to come back. I'll keep my word to the Elves.

After another few weeks of hoofing it you've made it out of the region that the woodelves lay claim to, the villagers ask if you are sure you wish to leave. To be frank they rather like you and it would be great if you were willing to stay with them.

Rieverre wrote:Oh joy. I jump and roll out of the way of the horses.

So much for trying to stay low key while gathering information about wherever the hell this is that I've managed to land.

One of the men curses when his horse almost tramples you, then the horses come to a halt just out of sight through the trees. One of the men talks with his fellows. "Gerrault was that a Norscan I saw?"

"In Brionne? Impossible..."

"But I'm sure he was one. And where there's one there's bound to be more."

"Then it would behoove us to catch him and bring him in to the Baron for questioning wouldn't it?"

"Aye that it would. Then after him. FOR BRIONNE AND THE LADY!"

"FOR THE LADY!"
"FOR THE LADY!"

And with that the three men draw swords and charge towards you.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 am

[quote="Brian Boru"]
Psyckosama wrote:"I will."  I volunteer for the watch with Fred.  

"Alright then, settled!"

That night you feast on dry sausages before going to bed...

Your watch goes by without problem, but as you sleep you find rest does not come easy...

And then you are awoken by a scream and a roar!

Brian Boru wrote:Amazing what giving a man an uniform will do to his ego.

I give him that "Don't make me break you little man" glance Wink

There is dead silence at that.

Then von Uder finally speaks up, "So...what is it you want here?"

"Honest pay for an honest days work. And by days work I mean exterminating beastkin. Point me at a heard and lend me a wagon and I will return with a mountain of heads... I intend to find the Beastlord and connect his head."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:46 am

The next day the ships prepare to leave and you're in the middle of loading the loot, a scout rushes into camp shouting about how a huge Bretonnian army is on it's way. Easily 400 knights and thousands of men at arms unless you want to leave half of the loot behind you're going to have to run now.

Turning to the Jarl. "My Jarl, if I may be so bold I can delay the in coming Bretonnian forces so that the rest of the men can finish with the loading. As I know I can easily catch back up with the ships after they sailed. Or would you think I could be of better use somewhere else?
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:52 am

One of the men curses when his horse almost tramples you, then the horses come to a halt just out of sight through the trees. One of the men talks with his fellows. "Gerrault was that a Norscan I saw?"

"In Brionne? Impossible..."

"But I'm sure he was one. And where there's one there's bound to be more."

"Then it would behoove us to catch him and bring him in to the Baron for questioning wouldn't it?"

"Aye that it would. Then after him. FOR BRIONNE AND THE LADY!"

"FOR THE LADY!"
"FOR THE LADY!"

And with that the three men draw swords and charge towards you.

... okay, that sounded vaguely Arthurian ...

Also, Norscan? Why does that seem familiar ... oh ... fuck ...

And I don't have the time to even think more on it as I am greeted by the prospect of what appears to be three knights charging down at me, on horseback.

Well, at least they aren't wearing plate.

Discretion is the better part of valor in this case, and I might have a fair chance of losing them in the forest. I'm very motivated by the fact that 'questioning' in any medieval setting is as likely to involve pliers and hot pokers as not. Especially in Warhammer. I take off into the trees, picking what looks to be the most horse-unfriendly path that I can find. Should be plenty of those in actual forests.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:02 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Alright then, settled!"

That night you feast on dry sausages before going to bed...

Your watch goes by without problem, but as you sleep you find rest does not come easy...

And then you are awoken by a scream and a roar!

I quickly jump up as quickly as I can and grab my ax and shield. First I check if anyone is missing then I'll look for the source of the scream and roar, sounds like we got something big after us.

Brian Boru wrote:I give him that "Don't make me break you little man" glance Wink

They flinch a little bit.

"Honest pay for an honest days work. And by days work I mean exterminating beastkin. Point me at a heard and lend me a wagon and I will return with a mountain of heads... I intend to find the Beastlord and connect his head."

von Uden is silent for a while, then he looks you dead in the eye, "Alright then let's see what you can really do. There is a beast herd in this general area." He points to a map indicating the forest to the south west of your current location.

"If you are truly as capable as you claim then a 100 strong beast herd should be little trouble for you."

"Clear them out and I'll give you triple the normal mercenary salary."

"Beast lord? You don't mean Khazrak the One-Eye do you? That's insane, there's a reason his bounty is that high."

Turning to the Jarl. "My Jarl, if I may be so bold I can delay the in coming Bretonnian forces so that the rest of the men can finish with the loading. As I know I can easily catch back up with the ships after they sailed. Or would you think I could be of better use somewhere else?

He's silent for a moment then he nods, "Very well but take Tregyv with you incase of magical attack he'll be needed."

Tregyv is more than willing to help out again he rather liked the fight with the damsels and is eager to do so again.

Before you head out young lady d'Artigen waves you down, she hands you a wrapped piece of cloth saying, "A good luck charm." Then she flees to the ships.

Anything you want to do before you go?

Rieverre wrote:... okay, that sounded vaguely Arthurian ...

Also, Norscan? Why does that seem familiar ... oh ... fuck ...

And I don't have the time to even think more on it as I am greeted by the prospect of what appears to be three knights charging down at me, on horseback.

Well, at least they aren't wearing plate.

Discretion is the better part of valor in this case, and I might have a fair chance of losing them in the forest. I'm very motivated by the fact that 'questioning' in any medieval setting is as likely to involve pliers and hot pokers as not. Especially in Warhammer. I take off into the trees, picking what looks to be the most horse-unfriendly path that I can find. Should be plenty of those in actual forests.

You break out into a dead sprint, and promptly crash into a tree as you suddenly are now booking it at 70mph, luckily for you the tree takes the damage crashes to the ground with a thud as you tear off into the forest with barely a slight slowing of your speed. You are quickly leaving the three knights errant in the dust.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:I quickly jump up as quickly as I can and grab my ax and shield.  First I check if anyone is missing then I'll look for the source of the scream and roar, sounds like we got something big after us.

Over a dozen large, black, red eyed wolves have decended on the sleeping party. The two who are awake are futilely trying to fight them off. The scream came from them.

the old man's already on his feet and fighting.

Brian Boru wrote:

They flinch a little bit.

Mine is an evil smile.

von Uden is silent for a while, then he looks you dead in the eye, "Alright then let's see what you can really do. There is a beast herd in this general area."  He points to a map indicating the forest to the south west of your current location.

"Wonderful. I'll leave immediately"

"If you are truly as capable as you claim then a 100 strong beast herd should be little trouble for you."

I smile and nod. "I'll be needing that wagon."

"Clear them out and I'll give you triple the normal mercenary salary."

"Plus bounties."

"Beast lord?  You don't mean Khazrak the One-Eye do you?  That's insane, there's a reason his bounty is that high."

My smile says it all. "He might actually be challenging."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:13 am

You break out into a dead sprint, and promptly crash into a tree as you suddenly are now booking it at 70mph, luckily for you the tree takes the damage crashes to the ground with a thud as you tear off into the forest with barely a slight slowing of your speed. You are quickly leaving the three knights errant in the dust.

I keep going. Once they're out of sight I slow down, and proceed more carefully, changing my direction and making sure I'm not leaving too much behind in terms of tracks, broken branches, etc. I don't want them hunting me down, if at all possible.

Well, at least I'm both stronger and tougher now, to a ridiculous degree it appears. If this really is the Old World, I'll likely end up needing that, and it would be good to find out whether or not I actually got any of Skarin's skill-set as well as an exaggerated version of his physical abilities. Whether or not I manage to hide my tracks and find my way around the woods should be a fairly decent indication thereof.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:You get no argument from the villagers who were sweating bullets during the entire conversation.

Heh, well that's another bit they are gonna add to the tale about me.

After another few weeks of hoofing it you've made it out of the region that the wood elves lay claim to, the villagers ask if you are sure you wish to leave.  To be frank they rather like you and it would be great if you were willing to stay with them.

I thank them, but state that I can't stay.

"I'd like to stay, its a tempting offer, but the elves that we met 'invited' me to talk to them after this. It would be rather unhealthy to not heed their request. I don't know what exactly they want from me. But... I did give them my word that I would be back. I can't back out on this, plus, despite our conflict, they let us all go."

After bidding goodbye to the villagers, its time to get a backpack/luggage bag/etc and stuff it with some supplies for the trek back. I'll see about getting the latest gossip/rumor/news as I'm going around the town/city getting ready, see how much worse things have gotten. After getting ready, I'll head back out, heading to the meeting place.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:24 am

He's silent for a moment then he nods, "Very well but take Tregyv with you incase of magical attack he'll be needed."
Alright my Jarl, though how much time do you need to finish things here or will you let off a signal so I know to retreat?"

Tregyv is more than willing to help out again he rather liked the fight with the damsels and is eager to do so again.

"Well just to give you a heads up my friend, once we need to beat feet back to the ships know that I'll have to carry you as that will be the only way we will be able to out run the knights."

Before you head out young lady d'Artigen waves you down, she hands you a wrapped piece of cloth saying, "A good luck charm." Then she flees to the ships.
"Well thanks for the thought Renee, but luck will not be needed for this venture. So don't worry we will be back soon enough."

Anything you want to do before you go?
An with that I'll head out with Tregyv to meet the incoming forces as fast as we can get there. An once there I'll share my plan with him of me challenging the knights to duels to tie up their forces for time. Though if that fails, I'll test him to give me the support I need to rain hell on them until we need to leave. So then after that is handled and if he doesn't have any other ideas or problems to add to the plan. I'll split up with him a little ways away for the incoming forces before coming right up to them and yelling for all to hear.

"Hail thee knights of Bretonnian! I am Cameron the Wanderer, leader of men, breaker of castles, warrior of the north and man of honor! If any of you men have the valor or honor to meet my in a dual of arms, know now that I challenge all who have the courage to face me in honorable combat! Unless of course the vaulted honor of the knights of Bretonnian is false and there is not a man among you who would face me without another to stand with him!"

If the knights take my bait I'll face them one at a time an just as quickly and cleanly as I can parry their strike or break there weapon when they strike and finish them off with a blow to the head to knock them out. An I'll do this for as long as they will keep meeting me. Otherwise once the all come at me I'll just plow right into the ranks of knights that come at me and start killing them left and right as fast as I can to break the morale of the rest of the troops by killing all there lords.

Last edited by Ironforge on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzt3421 Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:00 am

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe, brace of throwing axes. 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, warkilt, furred leggings, sack with food.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz

Brian Boru wrote:Heh heh 

Well if the Baron trusts you that's good enough for most folk.
Fair enough.
Fat kid says that lunatic howled like a wolf and jumped him for no reason. 

Piet says that the cook's kid accused the two of you of being freaks and likely chaos followers and he acted to defend yours and his honor.

Fat kid has all the classic twitches of lying. 
Hmm, alright. Turn towards the cook, take him a bit to the side and ask him if he let me handle this. If he says yes, then I look for a loose stone the size of my fist. Once I found them, I go back to the two boys and crouch down until I'm eye level with the two.

"Tell me boys, do you either of you know the name of the one of few true gods the Norscans worship? Not the fell gods, who regard men, dwarfs, and elves alike as their playthings, toys to be used and destroyed as they please. But the true gods, those who seek to guard the souls and hearts of their worshipers from evil. It is the same one Sigmar himself believed in, Ulric Snow King, Father Wolf, Seer of Truth. That last one, is probably unknown to you southern children, but the gist of it is that, once long ago the great god Ulric's longhouse was full of sycophants, liars, and flatterers  all seeking to baffle and befuddle him, to prevent him from knowing the truth. And so Ulric, in order to counter the lies that beset him, departed on a journey to the World's End, for it was there, underneath mountains and stones, close to the molten heart of the world, that Grugni and his wife Valaya had settled, awaiting the time for when the dwarfs needed them the most. It was here Ulric asked a boon of Grugni, for he knew there was no greater smith in the world. He asked of Grugni, for an eye, an eye that could spot any falsehood, no matter how sweet. And for a time, Grugni thought, and pondered, and finally he agreed. 'Pluck your left eye from your own head, Ulric Snow King. I will shape it into what you seek, and you will become a Seer of Truth.' And lo, with his own hand, Ulric plucked out his left eye, and gave it to Grugni. And Grugni sat the eye on his forge, and hammered it for a month and a day. And when he was done, the eye had become a jewel so fine, that one can look into it and see eternity. And so Ulric took the jewel, and put it back into his head, and thanked Grugni for the boon. And so he returned to his longhouse, and with his new eye he could spot all the lies told to him, and all the illusions that wrapped around those who had inflatred into his house. And he took up his weapons, and killed the servants of the fell gods, for he could now see their true form."

At this point, I drop the stone on the ground and push it into the dirt. 

"By now, I bet you both wonder the point of this story. Well simply put, it means that those of the North who follow Ulric detest liars. For they are the servants of the fell ones. And so the punishment for liars is great. For when a liar is caught in a lie, his right eye is plucked from his head like so."

Grasping the stone with hand, I pluck it from the earth. 

"And then in full view of the liar, the eye is crushed."

Slowly, in full view of the boys, I crush the stone in my hand. 

"The only way for a liar to escape this fate, is to confess the truth. To confess the truth, before he is called on the lie. Now let me share with you another fact of my former home. There is a ritual in the north. And while it does not grant the same sight that Grugni gave Ulric. It still allows one to tell a lie from the truth. Now tell me children, must I blind a boy today? Or will I hear the truth?"

And at this, I harden my glare, and look.

bzzt3421

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Heh

She says good night as well and she wishes you the best of luck and the Lady's blessing.

As a mater of fact she does interrupt your attempt of hiding with friends.

"Greetings Sir Skarin, it is a pleasure to meet you," she said in a sweet and musical tone, "I'm Genevieve, a humble woman and servant of the lady. I had the honor of watching you prove your skill and valor these last two today and I must say that I am greatly impressed. Your feats of strength are astounding and I must ask, how did you come to possess such impressive might?"

"Well met, Lady Genevieve, and thank you for the compliment. I have also been quite impressed with what I have seen of the nobles of Brettonia, both on and off the battlefield. As for my strength, it is inherited from my father as I am sure you have heard from your fellow nobles." Having answered her question, I will put forward some of my own. "If your curiosity has been sated, perhaps you can answer some of my question. I am most curious what the Lady of the Lake thinks of my presence, if she has even noticed and you being one of her Damsels might be able to sate my curiosity on that front. I would also like to know what I appear when looked upon with your finely honed magical senses."
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:07 am

Psyckosama wrote:Over a dozen large, black, red eyed wolves have decended on the sleeping party. The two who are awake are futilely trying to fight them  off. The scream came from them.

the old man's already on his feet and fighting.

Roaring like a bear, I charge the two dire wolves that are already on top of my fellows kicking the two brutes with enough force to knock them over the horizon. Then I turn my attention to the other beasts. My ax swinging like a cyclone once I reach them.

Brian Boru wrote:Mine is an evil smile.

Heh

"Wonderful. I'll leave immediately"

"Well you certainly don't lack bravado now do you?

I smile and nod. "I'll be needing that wagon."

"You can have it."

"Plus bounties."

"Yes plus the bounties...if you come back."

My smile says it all. "He might actually be challenging."

von Uder shakes his head in amazement, "You're either utterly insane or you're actually more capable than first thought."

You are issued the wagon though you never got a horse to pull it and you know the general direction of where the beast herd is. Anything you want to do in town before you go?"

Rieverre wrote:I keep going. Once they're out of sight I slow down, and proceed more carefully, changing my direction and making sure I'm not leaving too much behind in terms of tracks, broken branches, etc. I don't want them hunting me down, if at all possible.

Well, at least I'm both stronger and tougher now, to a ridiculous degree it appears. If this really is the Old World, I'll likely end up needing that, and it would be good to find out whether or not I actually got any of Skarin's skill-set as well as an exaggerated version of his physical abilities. Whether or not I manage to hide my tracks and find my way around the woods should be a fairly decent indication thereof.

Well you actually left a pretty huge trail behind you knocking tree left and right like that.

But you've manged to cover several miles in your mad sprint and you seem to be in the middle of a thick forest. There doesn't seem to be anything around you for the moment but who knows if that will change.

You move more sedately through the woods now, and amazingly you can keep yourself mostly hidden as you move. Leaving little marks of where you stepped. After a few hours you come out of the forest and you find another settlement with another little castle that looks like it was stolen from a Disney movie.

Heh, well that's another bit they are gonna add to the tale about me.

heh

I thank them, but state that I can't stay.

"I'd like to stay, its a tempting offer, but the elves that we met 'invited' me to talk to them after this. It would be rather unhealthy to not heed their request. I don't know what exactly they want from me. But... I did give them my word that I would be back. I can't back out on this, plus, despite our conflict, they let us all go."

After bidding goodbye to the villagers, its time to get a backpack/luggage bag/etc and stuff it with some supplies for the trek back. I'll see about getting the latest gossip/rumor/news as I'm going around the town/city getting ready, see how much worse things have gotten. After getting ready, I'll head back out, heading to the meeting place.

Amazingly nothing much else has seemed to happen that would warrant constant talking about. But after saying your good-byes you head back into the forest. After roughly a week of travel you return to that old spot. At first it seems that you were alone and either you got there first or they pulled a fast one and left you hanging. You decide to make camp, right before you sink your teeth the spell singer from before comes out of the woods. "Come with me."

Alright my Jarl, though how much time do you need to finish things here or will you let off a signal so I know to retreat?"

"We'll fire flaming arrows when it's time to move out."

"Well just to give you a heads up my friend, once we need to beat feet back to the ships know that I'll have to carry you as that will be the only way we will be able to out run the knights."

"Alright then. If you think it's needed, though would you mind letting me get into the ships on my own? I'd rather like to keep some vestiges of my dignity."

"Well thanks for the thought Renee, but luck will not be needed for this venture. So don't worry we will be back soon enough."

kool

An with that I'll head out with Tregyv to meet the incoming forces as fast as we can get there. An once there I'll share my plan with him of me challenging the knights to duels to time up their forces for time. Though if that fails, I'll test him to give me the support I need to rain hell on them until we need to leave. So then after that is handled and if he doesn't have any other ideas or problems to add to the plan. I'll split up with him a little ways away for the incoming forces before coming right up to them and yelling for all to hear.

The massive army of Bretonnians, thousands strong, seem more than ready for battle. You don't think the Duke's personally present but there is certainly more than one Grail knight or questing knight present.

"Hail thee knights of Bretonnian! I am Cameron the Wanderer, leader of men, breaker of castles, warrior of the north and man of honor! If any of you men have the valor or honor to meet my in a dual of arms, know now that I challenge all who have the courage to face me in honorable combat! Unless of course the vaulted honor of the knights of Bretonnian is false and there is not a man among who would face without another to stand with him!"

If the knights take my bait I'll face them one at a time an just as quickly and cleanly as I can parry their strike or break there when they do and finish them off with a blow to the head to knock them off. An I'll do this for as long as they will keep meeting me. Otherwise once the all come at me I'll just plow right into the ranks of knights that come at me and start killing them left and right as fast as I can to break the morale of the rest of the troops by killing all there lords.

The gathered army stares at the one single Norscan that is challenging the entire army.
Then a Knight Errant rides out of the force and shouts, "I Shall Face you Barbarian!"

Then he charges, lance lowered to skewer you. You snap the lance with a flick of your hands and with the other hand strike the guy in the gut as he passes by knocking him clean out of the saddle. The crash ends up knocking him out cold.

There is silence for a moment then another rider comes out, this time a Questing knight if the lack of a lance is any indicator. He doesn't boast, he simply charges, he goes down fairly easily as well.

When the questing knight goes down a band of knights errant (10 of the 275 in the army) charge you with all the ferocity young brashness can muster.

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe, brace of throwing axes. 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, warkilt, furred leggings, sack with food.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz

Hmm, alright. Turn towards the cook, take him a bit to the side and ask him if he let me handle this. If he says yes, then I look for a loose stone the size of my fist. Once I found them, I go back to the two boys and crouch down until I'm eye level with the two.

"Tell me boys, do you either of you know the name of the one of few true gods the Norscans worship? Not the fell gods, who regard men, dwarfs, and elves alike as their playthings, toys to be used and destroyed as they please. But the true gods, those who seek to guard the souls and hearts of their worshipers from evil. It is the same one Sigmar himself believed in, Ulric Snow King, Father Wolf, Seer of Truth. That last one, is probably unknown to you southern children, but the gist of it is that, once long ago the great god Ulric's longhouse was full of sycophants, liars, and flatterers  all seeking to baffle and befuddle him, to prevent him from knowing the truth. And so Ulric, in order to counter the lies that beset him, departed on a journey to the World's End, for it was there, underneath mountains and stones, close to the molten heart of the world, that Grugni and his wife Valaya had settled, awaiting the time for when the dwarfs needed them the most. It was here Ulric asked a boon of Grugni, for he knew there was no greater smith in the world. He asked of Grugni, for an eye, an eye that could spot any falsehood, no matter how sweet. And for a time, Grugni thought, and pondered, and finally he agreed. 'Pluck your left eye from your own head, Ulric Snow King. I will shape it into what you seek, and you will become a Seer of Truth.' And lo, with his own hand, Ulric plucked out his left eye, and gave it to Grugni. And Grugni sat the eye on his forge, and hammered it for a month and a day. And when he was done, the eye had become a jewel so fine, that one can look into it and see eternity. And so Ulric took the jewel, and put it back into his head, and thanked Grugni for the boon. And so he returned to his longhouse, and with his new eye he could spot all the lies told to him, and all the illusions that wrapped around those who had inflatred into his house. And he took up his weapons, and killed the servants of the fell gods, for he could now see their true form."

At this point, I drop the stone on the ground and push it into the dirt. 

"By now, I bet you both wonder the point of this story. Well simply put, it means that those of the North who follow Ulric detest liars. For they are the servants of the fell ones. And so the punishment for liars is great. For when a liar is caught in a lie, his right eye is plucked from his head like so."

Grasping the stone with hand, I pluck it from the earth. 

"And then in full view of the liar, the eye is crushed."

Slowly, in full view of the boys, I crush the stone in my hand. 

"The only way for a liar to escape this fate, is to confess the truth. To confess the truth, before he is called on the lie. Now let me share with you another fact of my former home. There is a ritual in the north. And while it does not grant the same sight that Grugni gave Ulric. It still allows one to tell a lie from the truth. Now tell me children, must I blind a boy today? Or will I hear the truth?"

And at this, I harden my glare, and look.

At that the cook's son turns pale as a ghost.

It isn't even a minute later when the kid spills his guts about how Piet was the one in the right. At that the Cook whops his son over the head for lying and for picking fights. Then he turns to you and apologizes for the trouble his boy's caused and asks if there is anything he could do to make amends for this mess.

"Well met, Lady Genevieve, and thank you for the compliment. I have also been quite impressed with what I have seen of the nobles of Brettonia, both on and off the battlefield. As for my strength, it is inherited from my father as I am sure you have heard from your fellow nobles." Having answered her question, I will put forward some of my own. "If your curiosity has been sated, perhaps you can answer some of my question. I am most curious what the Lady of the Lake thinks of my presence, if she has even noticed and you being one of her Damsels might be able to sate my curiosity on that front. I would also like to know what I appear when looked upon with your finely honed magical senses."

Genevieve's face was still though her eyes scans you thoroughly, "Your father, yes this Fenris was it? He must have been a truly mighty warrior if he shared your strength. I would love to hear more about him Sir."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:Roaring like a bear, I charge the two dire wolves that are already on top of my fellows kicking the two brutes with enough force to knock them over the horizon.  Then I turn my attention to the other beasts.  My ax swinging like a cyclone once I reach them.

You send them flying. The others don't last much longer, but the damage is done... two wounded and one dead.

The two you kicked were sent flying into the trees, where they shattered wood and body alike. All that's really left to see of them is tattered remains among shattered branches.

The rest are more of a red paste than living things.

"Not that I am one to complain,"Fredrick says, "But where did you come to be so unnaturally strong?"

Brian Boru wrote:"Well you certainly don't lack bravado now do you?

"The haul from 80 may be more than a farmer's yearly wage, but I have more expensive tastes. I need at least a thousand before I can life as my due. And I intend to find them."

"You can have it."

I nod. Good.

"Yes plus the bounties...if you come back."

I look confused for a moment. If?

von Uder shakes his head in amazement,  "You're either utterly insane or you're actually more capable than first thought."

"You'll see."

You are issued the wagon though you never got a horse to pull it and you know the general direction of where the beast herd is.  Anything you want to do in town before you go?"

I buy some general traveling supplies. Food, some additional clothing, a decent bedroll, some good comfortable clothing. The basics.

Then I'm off. I pull the wagon until I'm out of sight then I pick it up and start running for my target.

Once I find them I do a little recon. My idea is to find any casters. When I do I jump into the middle of their force and land as close to him as possible stomping the ground with all my strength. Then I clap as hard as I possibly can and get to the murder.

No survivors.

Once I get back I need to ask about learning the beast tongue. The ability to interrogate these fuckers would be damned useful.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:35 am

"We'll fire flaming arrows when it's time to move out."
"Then I'll be sure to be on the look out for your sign my Jarl."

"Alright then. If you think it's needed, though would you mind letting me get into the ships on my own? I'd rather like to keep some vestiges of my dignity."
Give him a friendly smirk. "I see no problem with that my friend."

The gathered army stares at the one single Norscan that is challenging the entire army.
Then a Knight Errant rides out of the force and shouts, "I Shall Face you Barbarian!"
"What, you give no name or title to my challenge Sir knight!? Where is the respect to the codes of chivalry you knights are so hailed to give. But bah, it is a sad day indeed when a barbarian gives more due to the codes of knighthood and chivalry then the Lady's own knights." I say with some anger at the disrespect.  

Then he charges, lance lowered to skewer you. You snap the lance with a flick of your hands and with the other hand strike the guy in the gut as he passes by knocking him clean out of the saddle. The crash ends up knocking him out cold.
"See how even your Lady dose nothing to shield you from my blows, what do you think that says about your honor knight?"

There is silence for a moment then another rider comes out, this time a Questing knight if the lack of a lance is any indicator. He doesn't boast, he simply charges, he goes down fairly easily as well.
"Again such disrespect and a breach of your codes! Is that not a single one of you who will at least honor you own codes?!" I ask once again with growing anger.

When the questing knight goes down a band of knights errant (10 of the 275 in the army) charge you with all the ferocity young brashness can muster.
"Fine!!! If you knights will only act in name only of you codes then I'll stop giving you the respect you men should deserve for your stations.

So come at me you cowards and let me show you how a man of honor fights!" I final say as I charge the 10 knights and break them upon my punches an kicks. By taking a running leap an plowing through the leading knights with a jump kick and then once in there ranks I so no mercy unless ask for as I just slaughter them. Then once the knights are broken before me and for all to see, I let out my challenge once more.

"Have I not proven my worth for you "knights" or will you continue to shame both yourselves an the very Lady with your continue disrespect for her codes of honor and chivalry!? What say you knights will you truly let a "barbarian" be a better example of your Lady's words then yourselves!?" I scream finally getting feed up with their callous disregard for proper conduct of honor.
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:You send them flying. The others don't last much longer, but the damage is done... two wounded and one dead.

Dammit...

The two you kicked were sent flying into the trees, where they shattered wood and body alike. All that's really left to see of them is tattered remains among shattered branches.

The rest are more of a red paste than living things.

"Not that I am one to complain,"Fredrick says, "But where did you come to be so unnaturally strong?"

I'm silent for a moment then I say, "About a year ago I was on an excursion with my kin when I came across an odd looking chest inside some old crypt down in Tilea, inside were this ax and sword. When I touched them they glowed for a second and the next thing I knew I could carry a long ship on my back."

"The haul from 80 may be more than a farmer's yearly wage, but I have more expensive tastes. I need at least a thousand before I can life as my due. And I intend to find them."

He raises an eyebrow, "A thousand?..."

I look confused for a moment. If?

heh

"You'll see."

"Yes I will."

I buy some general traveling supplies. Food, some additional clothing, a decent bedroll, some good comfortable clothing. The basics.

Roughly 2 shillings and 6 pence.

Then I'm off. I pull the wagon until I'm out of sight then I pick it up and start running for my target.

That wagon flies behind you though the occasional thud against the road makes the wheels creak a bit more than you think they should.

Once I find them I do a little recon. My idea is to find any casters. When I do I jump into the middle of their force and land as close to him as possible stomping the ground with all my strength. Then I clap as hard as I possibly can and get to the murder.

No survivors.

After several days of searching you manage to track down the herd, they're holed up at the top of a hill with steep sides that are a bit hard to get to. And just in time because they look like they're about to sacrifice someone.

Well the cliffsides prove to be little trouble and after that...well 60 gor and 40 ungor don't really last all that long even with then scattering to the four winds.

When you go to the alter you're finally get a good look at the young lady on top of the alter, and you promptly want to look again.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 3 Tavern_wench_by_DemienvanCope

Her clothing is tattered and filthy and she looks scared out of her wits but she's staring straight at you, with what you think is awe. Note she's still tied down to the stone alter.[/quote]

Ironforge wrote:Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer

"Then I'll be sure to be on the look out for your sign my Jarl."

"May Olric be with you lad."

Give him a friendly smirk. "I see no problem with that my friend."

"Good."

"What, you give no name or title to my challenge Sir knight!? Where is the respect to the codes of chivalry you knights are so hailed to give. But bah, it is a sad day indeed when a barbarian gives more due to the codes of knighthood and chivalry then the Lady's own knights." I say with some anger at the disrespect.  

He roars and charges.

"See how even your Lady dose nothing to shield you from my blows, what do you think that says about your honor knight?"

That doesn't seem to sit well with them at all.

"Again such disrespect and a breach of your codes! Is that not a single one of you who will at least honor you own codes?!" I ask once again with growing anger.

OOC: I'm running out of damn names!

"Fine!!! If you knights will only act in name only of you codes then I'll stop giving you the respect you men should deserve for your stations.

So come at me you cowards and let me show you how a man of honor fights!" I final say as I charge the 10 knights and break them upon my punches an kicks. By taking a running leap an plowing through the leading knights with a jump kick and then once in there ranks I so no mercy unless ask for as I just slaughter them. Then once the knights are broken before me and for all to see, I let out my challenge once more.

"Have I not proven my worth for you "knights" or will you continue to shame both yourselves an the very Lady with your continue disrespect for her codes of honor and chivalry!? What say you knights will you truly let a "barbarian" be a better example of your Lady's words then yourselves!?" I scream finally getting feed up with their callous disregard for proper conduct of honor.

That piques the rage of the entire army and with a shout the entire mounted contingent and charge as one, bellowing their names as they charge. The men-at-arms follow close behind, shouting "Lady Protect us!" and other such cheers.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 3g 1s

He raises an eyebrow, "A thousand?..."

"At the minimum."

"Yes I will."

Indeed.

Roughly 2 shillings and 6 pence.

*checks it off*

That wagon flies behind you though the occasional thud against the road makes the wheels creak a bit more than you think they should.

How? I'm CARRYING it. As in over my head.

After several days of searching you manage to track down the herd, they're holed up at the top of a hill with steep sides that are a bit hard to get to.  And just in time because they look like they're about to sacrifice someone.

In that case no stop and clap, but... well... I still jump into their midst with a battle cry of "SUPER MARIO MOTHERFUCKERS!

Well the cliffsides prove to be little trouble and after that...well 60 gor and 40 ungor don't really last all that long even with then scattering to the four winds.

NO! I use LOG to kill the runners! Don't run! I NEED YOUR HEADS!"

When you go to the alter you're finally get a good look at the young lady on top of the alter, and you promptly want to look again.

You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread - Page 3 Tavern_wench_by_DemienvanCope

Her clothing is tattered and filthy and she looks scared out of her wits but she's staring straight at you, with what you think is awe.  Note she's still tied down to the stone alter.

I rip her free and smile. "Now, what brings a pretty lady like you to a place like this."

I hang my cloak over her shoulders.

Once our conversation is done I collect the heads and into the wagon they go. Then its back to civilization!

Unless she knows where there's more heads... I mean beast men are to be found...

Brian Boru wrote:
I'm silent for a moment then I say, "About a year ago I was on an excursion with my kin when I came across an odd looking chest inside some old crypt down in Tilea, inside were this ax and sword. When I touched them they glowed for a second and the next thing I knew I could carry a long ship on my back."

His eyes narrow to slits. "You wouldn't mind it if I had the priests look them over, would you?"

You get the feeling that he doesn't intend to give you much choice.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:23 am

"May Olric be with you lad."
"An he with you my Jarl."

OOC: I'm running out of damn names!
OC: Alright then mate, I'll pull back on that then. Razz

That piques the rage of the entire army and with a shout the entire mounted contingent and charge as one, bellowing their names as they charge. The men-at-arms follow close behind, shouting "Lady Protect us!" and other such cheers.
Well it seems my words struck truer and deeper then they would have liked. An now seeing the rage in their eyes and how they now move a entire army to slay just one man I break out in a savage grin and scream with all the power my lungs can give me. While I charging into the leading knights with all my speed and power.

"For the All Father Olric, may this battle given in your name be worthy of your eyes and may my valor please you an show them the strength and honor of your true northern sons!!!"

An with that I meet the knights in melee breaking there charge with a stomp to disrupt there balance and mounts. Then once that is done I grab the nearest mounts an just fling them into the staggered ranks before charging into them in the chaos aiming to kill or disable all the knights as quickly as possible so as to leave the men-at-arms leaderless. Then charging into them once the knights are gone.

Last edited by Ironforge on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:Amazingly nothing much else has seemed to happen that would warrant constant talking about.  But after saying your good-byes you head back into the forest.  After roughly a week of travel you return to that old spot.  At first it seems that you were alone and either you got there first or they pulled a fast one and left you hanging.  You decide to make camp, right before you sink your teeth the spell singer from before comes out of the woods.  "Come with me."

I nod to the mage. "Understood." I break camp and gather my belongings quickly, and make ready to follow her, once done, I gesture to her. "Lead on lady, let's get this over with."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen

"At the minimum."

He shakes his head

How? I'm CARRYING it. As in over my head.

"Ah"

In that case no stop and clap, but... well... I still jump into their midst with a battle cry of "SUPER MARIO MOTHERFUCKERS!

They're silent for a moment, then when they start dying go nuts.

NO! I use LOG to kill the runners! Don't run! I NEED YOUR HEADS!"

SPLAT

I rip her free and smile. "Now, what brings a pretty lady like you to a place like this."

I hang my cloak over her shoulders.

She slowly sits up and looks around at the carnage you wrought and stares at you in shock...then she hugs you and starts crying.

Once our conversation is done I collect the heads and into the wagon they go. Then its back to civilization!

Unless she knows where there's more heads... I mean beast men are to be found...

Well apparently that was the largest beastherd in the immediate area.

When you drag the heads in the cart and have the gorgeous young lady on your arm well the guards men are more then a little surprised and somewhat envious looking.

von Uder stares at you and at your...collection then shakes in head in wonder, "How did you do that?"

His eyes narrow to slits. "You wouldn't mind it if I had the priests look them over, would you?"

You get the feeling that he doesn't intend to give you much choice.

I nod and say, "Alright do you want be to hand them over now?  Or wait until we find the priests?"

Well it seems my words struck truer and deeper then they would have liked. An now seeing the rage in their eyes and how they now move a entire army to slay just one man I break out in a savage grin and scream with all the power my lungs can give me. While I charging into the leading knights with all my speed and power. "For the All Father Olric, may this battle given in your name be worthy of your eyes and may my valor please you an show them the strength and honor of your true northern sons!!!"

An with that I meet the knights in melee breaking there charge with a stomp to disrupt there balance and mounts. Then once that is done I grab then nearest mounts an just fling them into the staggered ranks before charging into them in the chaos aiming to kill or disable all the knights as quickly as possible so as to leave the men-at-arms leaderless. Then charging into them once the knights are gone.

Several of the leading horses stumble when you slam your foot into the ground.  Their knights are sent flying through the air.  Some get back up and attack you on foot, others stay where they are.  The tripped horses scream as they are flung into the knights behind them and soon dozens of knights have become entangled in a screaming, crunching mass of pain and agony.  

When you charge into the other knights, horses and knights start flying in multiple directions as your fists begin their deadly work.  Several times the hair on the back of your neck stands up but is quickly laid down again after hearing a feminine shriek at the edge of hearing.  It seems that Tregyv is doing his job.  You're about to bash in the brains of another knight when you spot fleck of fire rising from the coast it is the Jarl telling you you have bought the time needed and it's time to get moving.

Brian Boru wrote:I nod to the mage. "Understood." I break camp and gather my belongings quickly, and make ready to follow her, once done, I gesture to her. "Lead on lady, let's get this over with."

She nods and then moves into the forest, you travel for what feels like hours until you entire a small glen.  Sitting on several stones in the center of the glen are seven obviously older elves mostly fighters though there is another older male mage sitting in the line.

The one in the center, a male warrior type straightens up, "We are the leaders of the major bands of the Laurelorn forest, it has come to our attention that you human, have learned much about the goings of the outside world and particularly in the far North that few of our own seers can properly discern.  So we would have you tell us all that you know.  If you convince us of the validity of your words then we'll let you be on your way, if not then you will help feed the forest's growth.  The body of a liar can still feed the earth."

Last edited by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:00 am

Several of the leading horses stumble when you slam your foot into the ground.  Their knights are sent flying through the air.  Some get back up and attack you on foot, others stay where they are.  The tripped horses scream as they are flung into the knights behind them and soon dozens of knights have become entangled in a screaming, crunching mass of pain and agony.  

When you charge into the other knights, horses and knights start flying in multiple directions as your fists begin their deadly work.  Several times the hair on the back of your neck stands up but is quickly laid down again after hearing a feminine shriek at the edge of hearing.  It seems that Tregyv is doing his job.  You're about to bash in the brains of another knight when you spot fleck of fire rising from the coast it is the Jarl telling you you have bought the time needed and it's time to get moving.

Seeing the signal from the Jarl I deliver one more final strike to my current foe, before I turn to the rest of the gathered knights left and yell for all to hear. "Well it looks like your Lady still cares for your worthless hides my good sir knights. As it looks like it is time for us to part ways. But let it be known now that you have faced the might of Cameron the Wanderer and Tregyv the Bright today. An remember it was us only two sons of the true north and of Father Olric that stopped you this day."

An with that said I leap with all my might near Tregyv, head over to him and grab him with a good grip and run with all my might to meet the jarl's forces once again. Though right before we get there I stop and let Tregyv off so as not to shame him in front of the others, while we cover the last stretch to the boats.

Then once we are on our boat an sailing away again to home, I turn over to him with a shit eating grin and say. "So Tregyv my friend, how fare do you think the stock of britannian men hold up to true northern men?" An after his answer I clap him on the back an let out a laugh for all to hear. "Bhahahahahahahahahahahahaah!"

Last edited by Ironforge on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen

Brian Boru wrote:He shakes his head

I raise an eyebrow.l

They're silent for a moment, then when they start dying go nuts.

A dead type of nuts I hope. I don't wanna have to kill 'em twice.

SPLAT

As long as the head are intact...

She slowly sits up and looks around at the carnage you wrought and stares at you in shock...then she hugs you and starts crying.

I hug her and let her cry.

"Whats your name?"

Well apparently that was the largest beastherd in the immediate area.

That implies that there are smaller ones. Does she know where?

When you drag the heads in the cart and have the gorgeous young lady on your arm well the guards men are more then a little surprised and somewhat envious looking.

I give them a smug little wave.

Not so hot now, are you girls?

von Uder stares at you and at your...collection then shakes in head in wonder, "How did you do that?"

"Not to sound rude, but when I said that I am just that good... I really did mean... I am just that good.

After this, depending on how our conversation went I rent a nice room and lets get the lady some clean clothes.

I nod and say, "Alright do you want be to hand them over now?  Or wait until we find the priests?"

"I believe it would be best to leave these fell woods and seek the priests. Immediately."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by afterthought53 Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:54 am

Genevieve's face was still though her eyes scans you thoroughly, "Your father, yes this Fenris was it? He must have been a truly mighty warrior if he shared your strength. I would love to hear more about him Sir."

Though nearly imperceptible, my jaw tightens slightly before I say "Fenrir, his name was Fenrir and a mightier warrior I have never seen. He fought and felled the greatest of foes, yet for all his strength he died in the final clash. The clash that sent me here. He felled the One Eyed Crow, said to be the wisest of our foes and opened the way for me to engage the Sorceror in personal combat. After the clash, I awoke not far from Sir William Gisoux village where he was engaged in battle with the greenskins."

After telling the tale, I visibly exhale as if a burden has been lifted from my chest and say "Now you have your answers to accompany your question, yet you haven't answered any of my own questions. I thought you Brettonians were more polite than that. To ask so much and give so little, it is not what I have come to expect from your people, especially not such an austere representative of the Lady."
afterthought53
afterthought53

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:She nods and then moves into the forest, you travel for what feels like hours until you entire a small glen.  Sitting on several stones in the center of the glen are seven obviously older elves mostly fighters though there is another older male mage sitting in the line.

The one in the center, a male warrior type straightens up, "We are the leaders of the major bands of the Laurelorn forest, it has come to our attention that you human, have learned much about the goings of the outside world and particularly in the far North that few of our own seers can properly discern.  So we would have you tell us all that you know.  If you convince us of the validity of your words then we'll let you be on your way, if not then you will help feed the forest's growth.  The body of a liar can still feed the earth."

I sigh. This was the hard part. "I assume that you have the ability to discern truths from lies?" I inquire, this was likely the truth, as they wouldn't be questioning me if they did not have the ability to do so. "I will speak the truth. My tale may be outlandish, but I will not lie about something as important as this." I draw a deep breath and exhale slowly.

As a gesture of good will, and my sincerity. I slowly and carefully loosen my weapons and lay them onto the soft earth, making certain to show them that I don't mean to attack them, then take several steps away from my weapons so that they will be out of reach, and sat down. Disarming myself in spite of their promise of death should I lie to them or if they are not convinced of my validity. Of course, in spite of not being in reach of my weapons, I can probably run away quite fast. But they didn't need to know that.

"I am not from these lands. Indeed, before I woke up in this land I only knew of it from stories. Stories of its past and... future. Important events." I grimace. "The current troubles that I heard of reminds me of those stories, they are far too similar. If you would allow me, let me speak of and convey the tale of a possible future of this land as known by my people."

Once given the go ahead by the elves, I launch into the prelude and lead up to the Storm of Chaos. The rise of Archaon to the title of the Everchosen by the gathering of the artifacts or gifts of the Gods of Chaos. The invasion of Kislev and the Empire and the rise of the Exalted of Sigmar Valten, the movement of Grimgor Ironhide, Archaon's defeat at the climactic battle, and finally his escape back to the Chaos Wastes and the aftermath of the incursion.

With my tale finished, I look each of the Elves in the eyes. "According to the stories of my people, these events will shake the lands, causing untold amount of death and suffering. I know not if these events will come to pass as foretold in the stories known by my people. But what I have heard of the current... troubles, lend credence to it. I have told you what I know, weather to believe it or not is up to you."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:46 am

Seeing the signal from the Jarl I deliver one more final strike to my current foe, before I turn to the rest of the gathered knights left and yell for all to hear. "Well it looks like your Lady still cares for your worthless hinds my good sir knights. As it looks like it is time for us to part ways. But let it be known now that you have faced the might of Cameron the Wanderer and Tregyv the Bright today. An remember it was us only two sons of the true north and of Father Olric that stopped you this day."

None follow considering you ruined 100 knights and Tregyv smacked around 3 damsels.

An with that said I leap with all my might near Tregyv, head over to him and grab him with a good grip and run with all my might to meet the jarl's forces once again. Though right before we get there I stop and let Tregyv off so as not to shame him in front of the others, while we cover the last stretch to the boats.

Then once we are on our boat an sailing away again to home, I turn over to him with a shit eating grin and say. "So Tregyv my friend, how fare do you think the stock of britannian men hold up to true northern men?" An after his answer I clap him on the back an let out a laugh for all to hear. "Bhahahahahahahahahahahahaah!"

He joins in laughing with you.

The ride back was calm for several days until a lookout screams "SERPENT!"  Look out to the right of the fleet, you spot the undulating coils of a 50ft long sea serpent heading right for you.

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen

Brian Boru wrote:A dead type of nuts I hope. I don't wanna have to kill 'em twice.

As in a blind panic.

As long as the head are intact...

Surprisingly you don't lose a bounty.  Good aim there.

I hug her and let her cry.

"Whats your name?"

She cries for a while then when she calms down she looks at you with those glistning eyes of hers and says, "Frieda, my name is Frieda Sir knight."

She then tells you that she was a peddler's daughter that was heading to Mittleweg when her family was ambushed by the beastmen you killed.  When she reminds herself of the fact she is now completely alone she breaks into freash tears.

That implies that there are smaller ones. Does she know where?

No she doesn't

I give them a smug little wave.

Not so hot now, are you girls?

They glower but otherwise don't comment.

"Not to sound rude, but when I said that I am just that good... I really did mean... I am just that good.

"Apparently...well either way here is the bounty for your beastmen (4 gold crowns) and come to the mustering field two days from now to begin integration with the rest of the army."

After this, depending on how our conversation went I rent a nice room and lets get the lady some clean clothes.

You find a nice room for the two of you for standard price and manage to get some common clothing for her for a shilling after you tell the tailor her story.

Frieda looks askance at the clothing, the room, and the food and she wonders why you'd do all this for her.  Unless you plan to do what most men would do with a gorgeous young lady.

"I believe it would be best to leave these fell woods and seek the priests. Immediately."

"Very well, lead the way Herr Frederick."

I calmly follow the company back to whatever temple or camp the Morr priests are using as a center of command.

Though nearly imperceptible, my jaw tightens slightly before I say "Fenrir, his name was Fenrir and a mightier warrior I have never seen. He fought and felled the greatest of foes, yet for all his strength he died in the final clash. The clash that sent me here. He felled the One Eyed Crow, said to be the wisest of our foes and opened the way for me to engage the Sorceror in personal combat. After the clash, I awoke not far from Sir William Gisoux village where he was engaged in battle with the greenskins."

After telling the tale, I visibly exhale as if a burden has been lifted from my chest and say "Now you have your answers to accompany your question, yet you haven't answered any of my own questions. I thought you Brettonians were more polite than that. To ask so much and give so little, it is not what I have come to expect from your people, especially not such an austere representative of the Lady."

"Oh we are, especially to warriors of your caliber, but you must see it from our point of view, we have met nothing like you as far as we know.  You confuse many and while William Gisoux is a true knight and grateful host he is something of an exception.  Your strength has many concerned that you may be touched by dark forces.  My sworn duty is to protect the lands of the Lady and her people in any way I can from such and if I seem rude doing so then I do apologize.  I think however I could assuage such concerns if you would allow me to cast a small detection spell just to see for sure.  I promise either way the spell will not harm you."

I sigh. This was the hard part. "I assume that you have the ability to discern truths from lies?" I inquire, this was likely the truth, as they wouldn't be questioning me if they did not have the ability to do so. "I will speak the truth. My tale may be outlandish, but I will not lie about something as important as this." I draw a deep breath and exhale slowly.

As a gesture of good will, and my sincerity. I slowly and carefully loosen my weapons and lay them onto the soft earth, making certain to show them that I don't mean to attack them, then take several steps away from my weapons so that they will be out of reach, and sat down. Disarming myself in spite of their promise of death should I lie to them or if they are not convinced of my validity. Of course, in spite of not being in reach of my weapons, I can probably run away quite fast. But they didn't need to know that.

"I am not from these lands. Indeed, before I woke up in this land I only knew of it from stories. Stories of its past and... future. Important events." I grimace. "The current troubles that I heard of reminds me of those stories, they are far too similar. If you would allow me, let me speak of and convey the tale of a possible future of this land as known by my people."

Once given the go ahead by the elves, I launch into the prelude and lead up to the Storm of Chaos. The rise of Archaon to the title of the Everchosen by the gathering of the artifacts or gifts of the Gods of Chaos. The invasion of Kislev and the Empire and the rise of the Exalted of Sigmar Valten, the movement of Grimgor Ironhide, Archaon's defeat at the climactic battle, and finally his escape back to the Chaos Wastes and the aftermath of the incursion.

With my tale finished, I look each of the Elves in the eyes. "According to the stories of my people, these events will shake the lands, causing untold amount of death and suffering. I know not if these events will come to pass as foretold in the stories known by my people. But what I have heard of the current... troubles, lend credence to it. I have told you what I know, weather to believe it or not is up to you."

There is dead silence for a long while the seven look amongst each other then look to the elder mage.  He stares at you long and hard, searching for even the slightest hint of false hood.  

Then he speaks slowly and with deadly force to it.  "That tale, was the most insane and outlandish pack of lies I've ever heard in my life....Or at least it's what I wish I could say...either you are a better liar than a changer of ways or your story is true, and these lands will be in for a greater bloodshed than has been seen in centuries.  I believe you boy, as much as I wish otherwise... Now the question is...what shall we do about it."

The elves then enter a long conversation among themselves in their own tongue, you have apparently been forgotten your news more important then deciding your fate.  Do you interrupt them or wait until their attention is back on you?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next