You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Well I could always pretend to start a barfight with the Norscan while you swipe her and...deal with her while no one's looking.  Or maybe you could, say something insulting about what clan he's from, the different clans fight each other up north right?"

"I'll start the fight. When everyone's attention is on me, touch her with your hammer when she starts out the back. She should go up like a bonfire. I'll move to block the main exit."

Anyways, I throw a drink at the man at an angle where it would be unclear who did it. Then I quickly slip around to the exit.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

"Ah...sorry.  So she really croaked in mid-sentence?"

"Yes... She stopped dead word and fell over, as cold and stiff as if she'd been left out overnight."


When she says that I decide to cut out the trip and ask her if she could follow me to the back alley.  NOT LIKE THAT!

If and when we get there I pull out the axe and trigger the flames if no one is looking.  "I am Skarin Beowulfsson, Chosen of Ulric.  Wielder of his strength and flame.  Does that help in your quest?"

She pauses. "Well... I see Father Orik has seen fit to shorten my trip. Mind proving your identity?"

"I assure you my words are true."

"That or you're the boldest moron in the old world."

Wow...didn't think I could push him that hard.

You have a feeling that the man's been under a lot of strain.

"Why am I not surprised?"

The people in the gallery start to scream about "yellow devils"...

"Very well, I shall endevour to apprehend and procure the vile fiend post-haste."

I then promptly jump through the roof and then dash to the Cathay embassy.

When I get there I say I'm here to apprehend the Secretary by request of the Directors.

Then I pull out my axe and shield and kick the front door down and rush in, all while saying in a sing-song voice, "Oh Mr. Chuuuuu~!  Where are youuuuu~?"

d10!

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:34 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse



*wince* Have we closed the distance at all? We need to catch the bastard and take it down. Once we get close enough that I can catch up with a sprint, I'll go ahead of the rest to pin the bastard down so that the rest of the party can catch up and join in on the kill.

You think you might see a pattern the beast is moving in, but if you're right then it's next victim is going to be a town with at least 1000 people in it. If you feel confident about where it's going you might be able to beat it there. But do you take it?



Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name



Well, what do you know, maybe he won't end up being run out of town again.

Heh

... I can hope, right?

JK: And the next day you find out he slept with the Duke's triplet daughters, his wife, his sister, his mother, and his mother-in-law, ALL at the same time. Razz 

Given Bretonnia's stance on mercenaries ... well, Artois has need enough of warriors to not be as uptight about such things as the rest of Bretonnia. That _was_ one of the reasons why I came here instead of heading into, say, the Empire and taking a few bandits for their bounty and coffers there to make a start.

You could always try Tilea I guess.

And I reply that I am now more inclined towards the notion than I was this morning. It's a wonder what a pretty face and a kind word in the right place can do.

They titter at that sweetly.

Interesting ... also quite distressing for them, I imagine, but interesting nevertheless. Is that due to some kind of ebb and flow of beastmen population, or due to the need to marshal increasingly more forces before every culling?

Just so goddam many beastmen in these forests that travel is absurdly dangerous.

Incidentally, is the third girl I'd noticed paying attention earlier still being a wallflower? If so, I'll ask my two companions who that is.

She is.

When they look at her, they blink a moment then turn to you and tell you that is Maria de Larret, Earl de Larret's eldest. Earl de Larret is the Lord of Western Artois, the bit outside of the forest and the City of Larret.

Oh? Have they maybe heard any speculation as to why the city might be considering that? It certainly can't simply pack up and move away if it's the beastmen they're concerned with. I'll try to find out more about the situation because that course of action, while potentially disastrous for Artois as a whole, also doesn't seem all that smart or profitable for the city in the long run.

Because Larret feels that he's too good for the backwards and primitive thugs that make up the rest of Artois. Their sniffs indicate their opinion on that.



Psyckosama wrote:"I'll start the fight. When everyone's attention is on me, touch her with your hammer when she starts out the back. She should go up like a bonfire. I'll move to block the main exit."

He nods and gets ready to move.

Anyways, I throw a drink at the man at an angle where it would be unclear who did it. Then I quickly slip around to the exit.

The Sarl roars in outrage when he's interrupted in his brag. He spins around to face the general direction that drink was thrown. His eyes darting for a few moments he mutters fuckit and bullrushes the entire room. Men going flying. Soon the entire tavern is one giant brawl. You manage to spot the woman heading out right towards Valten.

Roll a d10.



Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style



"Yes... She stopped dead word and fell over, as cold and stiff as if she'd been left out overnight."

"Well either what she was telling was supremely portentous, or she really had gone on for too long."

She pauses. "Well... I see Father Orik has seen fit to shorten my trip. Mind proving your identity?"

I take barrel hoop and wad the metal into a ball in my hand like it was string. "Anything else? I could summon wolves if you want but I'm saving it for...something else."

"That or you're the boldest moron in the old world."

Heh

You have a feeling that the man's been under a lot of strain.

Ah.

The people in the gallery start to scream about "yellow devils"...

I'd say something but a cultural structure that allows THAT to get away for so long doesn't deserve my soap boxing.

d10!

Dice don't fail me now.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
8
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:39 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse

Brian Boru wrote:You think you might see a pattern the beast is moving in, but if you're right then it's next victim is going to be a town with at least 1000 people in it.  If you feel confident about where it's going you might be able to beat it there.  But do you take it?

Given that all we are doing is following its trail of devastation currently, some risk must be taken. I'll go full speed to the town to cut the beast off if possible while the rest of the party follows the beast's trail.

Aceraptor

Posts : 173
Join date : 2013-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:He nods and gets ready to move.

Good.

The Sarl roars in outrage when he's interrupted in his brag.  He spins around to face the general direction that drink was thrown.  His eyes darting for a few moments he mutters fuckit and bullrushes the entire room.  Men going flying.  Soon the entire tavern is one giant brawl.  You manage to spot the woman heading out right towards Valten.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
2

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

"Well either what she was telling was supremely portentous, or she really had gone on for too long."

"She was frozen."

I take barrel hoop and wad the metal into a ball in my hand like it was string.  "Anything else?  I could summon wolves if you want but I'm saving it for...something else."

"So, it is you then... so how do you wish to do this."



I'd say something but a cultural structure that allows THAT to get away for so long doesn't deserve my soap boxing.

Heh.

Dice don't fail me now.
8

And... they failed you.

You take a great ball of blue fire to the chest and find yourself blasted from the building.

A normal man would have been charred to bone. You just HURT.

You know, you're feeling kind of pissed off right now...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:48 am

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse



Given that all we are doing is following its trail of devastation currently, some risk must be taken. I'll go full speed to the town to cut the beast off if possible while the rest of the party follows the beast's trail.

You plow across the landscape, willing your body to get to the town before the worst happens. You make it before anything happened. Barely....you hear the most horrific sound you've ever heard in your life carry over the hills. The sound is utterly indescribable except that it is horrific. The Jabberslythe, a beast that makes all men go mad just by looking at it (actually effect), is comming, how to deal with the beast. Without looking at it too much.



Psyckosama wrote:2

And your plan works perfectly. The woman doesn't know what hit her when a golden colored hammer happens to brush up against her. Her howls as she lights up like a roman candle stops the fight dead in it's tracks. All the combatants look at the corpse and notice the elongated fangs. The sarl turns slightly green when what almost happened to him drives home. He turns to Valten and offers a hand in thanks. Valten then tells him that the plan was all on you. With that the entire bar cheers and several men offer to by you a beer, ale, cup of wine, vodka, or booze.



Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

"She was frozen."

Damn....

"So, it is you then... so how do you wish to do this."

"Frankly wait until the both of us can speak with the Ar-Ulric of Middenheim. I'd rather have his advice before we do anything we can;t undo. But until then I guess you can stay in the city. If you run out of cash I'll make sure you're covered, you can pay me back later. NOT LIKE THAT! I have some business I need to take care of. It might take a few days."

And... they failed you.

Dammit.

You take a great ball of blue fire to the chest and find yourself blasted from the building.

FUCK!

A normal man would have been charred to bone. You just HURT.

Argh!

You know, you're feeling kind of pissed off right now...

Raising my shield and bracing as if plowing into a storm, I charge back into the embassy, roaring curses about chicken legged bastards. I hack my way until I find chicken leg man. Once I do I make sure to give him a knockout punch and then drag his ass back to the Directors and show off his....additions.

"Now do you admit you have problems here?"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:And your plan works perfectly.  The woman doesn't know what hit her when a golden colored hammer happens to brush up against her.  Her howls as she lights up like a roman candle stops the fight dead in it's tracks.  All the combatants look at the corpse and notice the elongated fangs.  The sarl turns slightly green when what almost happened to him drives home.  He turns to Valten and offers a hand in thanks.  Valten then tells him that the plan was all on you.  With that the entire bar cheers and several men offer to by you a beer, ale, cup of wine, vodka, or  booze.

I apologize to the Sarl about the thrown drink. I needed to get her away from him and to get to he try and slip out where we could take her down.

If he wishes, I will happily let him slug me for the sake of honor and putting things right.

No matter what happens Valten and I drink well, and I lead everyone in a song once we're all nice and loaded.



Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

Damn....

"Solid as a block of winter ice."

"Frankly wait until the both of us can speak with the Ar-Ulric of Middenheim.  I'd rather have his advice before we do anything we can;t undo.  But until then I guess you can stay in the city.  If you run out of cash I'll make sure you're covered, you can pay me back later.  NOT LIKE THAT!  I have some business I need to take care of.  It might take a few days."

She nods. "I will wait."

Raising my shield and bracing as if plowing into a storm, I charge back into the embassy, roaring curses about chicken legged bastards.  I hack my way until I find chicken leg man.  Once I do I make sure to give him a knockout punch and then drag his ass back to the Directors and show off his....additions.

"Now do you admit you have problems here?"

He's the one who blasted you.

They take on look and there's a nod. He's taken into immediate custody.

And about that time they drag the butcher in... or rather what's left of him.

And two sheeted bundles.

They place them down and open them. There's a loud gasp. One is an elf. The other is a girl child. Both have been partially buchered for meat.

"We also found this."

They dump a signal of Khaine onto the ground as well.

A priest of Moor stands up. "That's the symbol of the lord of murder!"

The who bid you bring the chicken legged ass Director looks at you and then holds a vote that all whom you accused be placed in confinement until your claims canbe investigated.

And then there's what to do with you. From what they've seen, there's little they could do to stop you. But the people of Marienburg are proud and they will NOT just step down and kneel to the Emperor. Plus there are segments of their population that would be persecuted under imperial law which they will not allow. So they want to cut a deal that allows them to keep some degree of authority and independence.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:01 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

Brian Boru wrote:You could always try Tilea I guess.

I'd have to learn the language in order to not get horribly screwed over. Plus, Artois is closer. Also better chance of running into cute elven girls.

What?

She is.

When they look at her, they blink a moment then turn to you and tell you that is Maria de Larret, Earl de Larret's eldest.  Earl de Larret is the Lord of Western Artois, the bit outside of the forest and the City of Larret.

I wonder if she's normally like that or if it's due to the rumors of what Larret intends.

Because Larret feels that he's too good for the backwards and primitive thugs that make up the rest of Artois.  Their sniffs indicate their opinion on that.

"Well, now you've roused my curiosity. Shall we go and speak with someone who might have firsthand knowledge? Besides, she does look so terribly lonely over there."
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse

Brian Boru wrote:You plow across the landscape, willing your body to get to the town before the worst happens.  You make it before anything happened.  Barely....you hear the most horrific sound you've ever heard in your life carry over the hills.  The sound is utterly indescribable except that it is horrific.  The Jabberslythe, a beast that makes all men go mad just by looking at it (actually effect), is comming, how to deal with the beast.  Without looking at it too much.

I steel my mind to take on this creature and its madness inducing effects. As the creature is coming, I look for rock, anything that I can throw at it to bring it down before it gets into the town. Rocks, wood, etc. Stopping it from causing more casualties would be ideal.

Once I manage to strike it down from the sky, I activate my ice rune. Monsters like these usually regenerate, if I can stop that, as well as slow the enemy down, I can move to strike the finishing blow. I'll charge the creature, hopefully still concussed from the fall.

Aceraptor

Posts : 173
Join date : 2013-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:I apologize to the Sarl about the thrown drink. I needed to get her away from him and to get to he try and slip out where we could take her down.

Seeing the pile of ash at the door he shakes his head, "Not angry, Not with you getting that thing away from my cock."

If he wishes, I will happily let him slug me for the sake of honor and putting things right.

Swat on the head but that's about it.

No matter what happens Valten and I drink well, and I lead everyone in a song once we're all nice and loaded.


It's one hell of night, everyone get's drunk as skunks even you and Valten.  Everyone gets in on the song, horribly and mangled but with stupendous volume and gusto.

When you keel over you find yourself in a deep dark space but a white fog can be made out constantly wafting around a deep chant is heard rumbling through your very bones and soul.



Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style



"Solid as a block of winter ice."

"Double damn."

She nods. "I will wait."

"Excellent, so anything you can tell me about yourself? I get your a chief's daughter but anything else?  I'm guessing you're a Bjornling but I didn't remember any chief with a Daughter named Aldi.  Then again I've been away from home for a long time and I wasn't very high on the pole when I was."

He's the one who blasted you.

Ah, good riddance.

They take on look and there's a nod. He's taken into immediate custody.

"I'm assuming so you can interrogate him on his fellow cultists yes?"

Before they drag him off I stop the troops for one moment.

"To make sure he has a harder time running."

I grab his chicken legs right below the bend and SQUEEZE!  HARD!  Pulverizing the bone.

And about that time they drag the butcher in... or rather what's left of him.

Breathing?

And two sheeted bundles.

Ah damn.

They place them down and open them. There's a loud gasp. One is an elf. The other is a girl child. Both have been partially buchered for meat.

Double damn.  

"We also found this."

They dump a signal of Khaine onto the ground as well.

A priest of Moor stands up. "That's the symbol of the lord of murder!"

Triple damn.

The who bid you bring the chicken legged ass Director looks at you and then holds a vote that all whom you accused be placed in confinement until your claims canbe investigated.

"I think I have someone that can greatly speed up Kuypers case.  I know where I can find a witness to that event.  Sound in mind and body."

When they ask, "His grandmother, Madam van de Kuypers, or old Granny of the Suidock."

And then there's what to do with you. From what they've seen, there's little they could do to stop you. But the people of Marienburg are proud and they will NOT just step down and kneel to the Emperor. Plus there are segments of their population that would be persecuted under imperial law which they will not allow. So they want to cut a deal that allows them to keep some degree of authority and independence.

Alright how about this Marienburg itself is a chartered city while I'm Elector count of the Westerlands.

Inside I hold the position of Lord Protector or something, a title that's hereditary, the protector is in charge of the army and the defense of marienburg and officially is the ruler of the city but he takes heavy, "advice" from the directors and the legislature.  Marienburg officially doesn't pay taxes but there are "donations" made to the emperor and the Lord Protector.  

Also I plan to seize the Kuyper holdings and give the man to the witch hunters once he's sussed out I'm not good at econ but I'm sure I can find a steward to work for me.

Besides I plan on making the Drakwald beast free and returned to what it had been before Boris Goldgatherer went stupid.  I'm also planning on a little house cleaning in Sylvania.  A wedding gift for my wife.  The nastiest grin ever on my face.

"Now how to explain this to Ludiwig and the boys."



Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name



I'd have to learn the language in order to not get horribly screwed over. Plus, Artois is closer. Also better chance of running into cute elven girls.

Raised eyebrow

What?

OOC: Raised eyebrow.

I wonder if she's normally like that or if it's due to the rumors of what Larret intends.

Normally, they've seen her before and she isn't a social butterfly.

"Well, now you've roused my curiosity. Shall we go and speak with someone who might have firsthand knowledge? Besides, she does look so terribly lonely over there."

"At the same time?  We might scare her.  She doesn't like to talk to groups of people, they make her nervous."



Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse



I steel my mind to take on this creature and its madness inducing effects. As the creature is coming, I look for rock, anything that I can throw at it to bring it down before it gets into the town. Rocks, wood, etc. Stopping it from causing more casualties would be ideal.

You manage to find one rock big enough for the job, and a herd of goats you think no one is going to miss.

Roll a d100 for the rock and 3 d100s for the goats.  You have more of them.

Once I manage to strike it down from the sky, I activate my ice rune. Monsters like these usually regenerate, if I can stop that, as well as slow the enemy down, I can move to strike the finishing blow. I'll charge the creature, hopefully still concussed from the fall.

Alright.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse

Brian Boru wrote:You manage to find one rock big enough for the job, and a herd of goats you think no one is going to miss.

Roll a d100 for the rock and 3 d100s for the goats.  You have more of them.

I wince abit at having to do this to the poor goats, but better them then the towns people. I throw them with all my might.

Aceraptor

Posts : 173
Join date : 2013-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd100' : 29

--------------------------------

#2 'd100' : 99, 30, 60

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:Seeing the pile of ash at the door he shakes his head, "Not angry, Not with you getting that thing away from my cock."

"Fair enough, but I was honor bound to make the offer."

Swat on the head but that's about it.

I laugh and grab him in a head lock. "You're getting a drink on me and I will have no complaints about it! BRING US MEAD!"

It's one hell of night, everyone get's drunk as skunks even you and Valten.  Everyone gets in on the song, horribly and mangled but with stupendous volume and gusto.

When you keel over you find yourself in a deep dark space but a white fog can be made out constantly wafting around a deep chant is heard rumbling through your very bones and soul.

I go bone white. "The Dovahkiin is going to murder me."

I take a deep breath and walk into the mist. Time to get my ass kicked...

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

"Double damn."

Nod.

"Excellent, so anything you can tell me about yourself? I get your a chief's daughter but anything else?  I'm guessing you're a Bjornling but I didn't remember any chief with a Daughter named Aldi.  Then again I've been away from home for a long time and I wasn't very high on the pole when I was."

"Skaeling. My mother was a Bjornling and I take after her in my looks," she replies.

Thank god for that. Had she not had Bjornling relations that could have been an insult. Wink

"I'm assuming so you can interrogate him on his fellow cultists yes?"

"Yes."

Before they drag him off I stop the troops for one moment.

"To make sure he has a harder time running."

I grab his chicken legs right below the bend and SQUEEZE!  HARD!  Pulverizing the bone.

The scream is deafening.

Breathing?

No. And he killed 3 guards putting him down.


Triple damn.

Howling and some vomiting when they realize what he's been serving people.


"I think I have someone that can greatly speed up Kuypers case.  I know where I can find a witness to that event.  Sound in mind and body."

When they ask, "His grandmother, Madam van de Kuypers, or old Granny of the Suidock."

"Bring her immediately!"

Alright how about this Marienburg itself is a chartered city while I'm Elector count of the Westerlands.

Inside I hold the position of Lord Protector or something, a title that's hereditary, the protector is in charge of the army and the defense of marienburg and officially is the ruler of the city but he takes heavy, "advice" from the directors and the legislature.  Marienburg officially doesn't pay taxes but there are "donations" made to the emperor and the Lord Protector.  

That is acceptable and it is reluctantly accepted as a vote...

Also I plan to seize the Kuyper holdings and give the man to the witch hunters once he's sussed out I'm not good at econ but I'm sure I can find a steward to work for me.

The Dwarf looks over and votes that they do so, but ONLY after paying all debts and damages from his holdings. And there's some needlign about forgiving outstanding debts.

Besides I plan on making the Drakwald beast free and returned to what it had been before Boris Goldgatherer went stupid.  I'm also planning on a little house cleaning in Sylvania.  A wedding gift for my wife.  The nastiest grin ever on my face.

A bit of a pale chuckle. Though they do want an area around Middenheim to be granted to the city to allow ampel room to expand.

"Now how to explain this to Ludiwig and the boys."

Your call.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:25 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

Brian Boru wrote:Raised eyebrow

It's the ears.

"At the same time?  We might scare her.  She doesn't like to talk to groups of people, they make her nervous."

"To be fair, one of you is likely to be far less intimidating than me if she's like that."
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse



I wince abit at having to do this to the poor goats, but better them then the towns people. I throw them with all my might.

“GNAAAAAAA!”

Psyckosama wrote:29

The beast is struck in the chest by your boulder.  Shattering bone and knocking it to the ground.  It isn’t dead but it isn’t going to get back up.

#2 'd100' : 99, 30, 60

You still going to use them?




Psyckosama wrote:"Fair enough, but I was honor bound to make the offer."

A laugh, “Orleg Bloodyfist.”

I laugh and grab him in a head lock. "You're getting a drink on me and I will have no complaints about it! BRING US MEAD!"

Roar of approval.

I go bone white. "The Dovahkiin is going to murder me."

I take a deep breath and walk into the mist. Time to get my ass kicked…

You wander through the fog for an indeterminate amount of time the black space and the billowing fog all you can see.  Then at the edge of your sight you think you spot what is a spark of flame.  Along with a female shout.  Also there is the sound of ….something horrible shrieking.




Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style



"Skaeling. My mother was a Bjornling and I take after her in my looks," she replies.

Thank god for that. Had she not had Bjornling relations that could have been an insult. Wink

“Ah that explains it.  I guess from the Skaeling/Bjornling border right?”

The scream is deafening.

“No less than you deserve.”  I snarl.

No. And he killed 3 guards putting him down.

Yeesh.

Howling and some vomiting when they realize what he's been serving people.

Think I should mention the Slaaneshi assistant of the wax maker who’s using people for his models?

"Bring her immediately!"

I run out again.  When I get to the Suiddock I ask around for Granny.  When I find her I say to her.  “Madame van de Kuypers, you’re summoned to the Staadtholdt to act as a witness in the accusation of your grandson Jaan. Jaan is being accused of murdering his kin, consorting with demons, and sabotaging other members of the Directorate, though you need only testify for the first to.”  I say this in a low voice so others don’t overhear.

That is acceptable and it is reluctantly accepted as a vote...

Alright.

The Dwarf looks over and votes that they do so, but ONLY after paying all debts and damages from his holdings. And there's some needlign about forgiving outstanding debts.

I nod, I intend to have a claim in this town and if any outside looks down on me...well...

A bit of a pale chuckle. Though they do want an area around Marienburg to be granted to the city to allow ample room to expand.

Nod fair enough.

Your call.

I’ll deal with this once I work through the Directors.  But I might mention that Ludwig will be there so no one reneges. Directors or otherwise.   Fooger excepted from this assumption.



Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name



It's the ears.

Stare…..

"To be fair, one of you is likely to be far less intimidating than me if she's like that."

On the other hand you’re the one who wanted to talk to her and she was eyeing you earlier.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Brian Boru wrote:A laugh, “Orleg Bloodyfist.”

I introduce myself by a nickname that isn't connected to my main identity.

Roar of approval.

Laughter and joy to behold


You wander through the fog for an indeterminate amount of time the black space and the billowing fog all you can see.  Then at the edge of your sight you think you spot what is a spark of flame.  Along with a female shout.  Also there is the sound of ….something horrible shrieking.

I draw my weapons and charge onward.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

“Ah that explains it.  I guess from the Skaeling/Bjornling border right?”

"Close enough."

“No less than you deserve.”  I snarl.

Random shouts and curses in chinese.

Think I should mention the Slaaneshi assistant of the wax maker who’s using people for his models?

Sure... go ahead. Though you might want to start mentioning it to VIPs rather than freaking out the locals. They're about *this* close from full terrified revolt.


I run out again.  When I get to the Suiddock I ask around for Granny.  When I find her I say to her.  “Madame van de Kuypers, you’re summoned to the Staadtholdt to act as a witness in the accusation of your grandson Jaan. Jaan is being accused of murdering his kin, consorting with demons, and sabotaging other members of the Directorate, though you need only testify for the first to.”  I say this in a low voice so others don’t overhear.

Actually, they told that to the guards. The little old lady is brought in about a half hour later. She's standing tall and furious.

dr Kyupers turns BONE white when he sees Grandma alive.

I nod, I intend to have a claim in this town and if any outside looks down on me...well...

Basically you're getting all his assets after expenses, forgiven debts, and a fund put aside for extended kin.

That said, even with that SIZABLE chunk taken out (he's done a lot of ill) you're EASILY one of the richest men in the old world.

Nod fair enough.

Cool

I’ll deal with this once I work through the Directors.  But I might mention that Ludwig will be there so no one reneges. Directors or otherwise.   Fooger excepted from this assumption.

Ludwig mentions that this isn't exactly what the Emperor wanted, but the fact is... Karl Franz will probably settle for anything at this point that brings it back into the Empire.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:17 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse

Brian Boru wrote:“GNAAAAAAA!”

Poor things.  Razz 

The beast is struck in the chest by your boulder.  Shattering bone and knocking it to the ground.  It isn’t dead but it isn’t going to get back up.

Nice! Good hit!

You still going to use them?

No, I'll go in and finish it myself. Charge home a strike aimed at its head or other vital parts. Keep hitting until its in pieces and dead. With my eyes closed if need be, since I can likely use my other senses to guide my strikes.

Aceraptor

Posts : 173
Join date : 2013-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:15 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

Brian Boru wrote:On the other hand you’re the one who wanted to talk to her and she was eyeing you earlier.

Point. I suppose I just like exploring all my options. In that case, I'll excuse myself and approach her.

"You seemed as though you wanted to speak to me?"
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:30 am

Psyckosama wrote:I introduce myself by a nickname that isn't connected to my main identity.

"Well met friend."

Laughter and joy to behold

Heh

I draw my weapons and charge onward.

You run through the fog for an unknown period of time until you find a horrific fight. There is a woman, wearing armor with a vague Norse motiff and a horned helm. She wields a large round shield and a hand-and-a-half sword. Her foe is a....ugh...keeper of secrets.

The monstrosity constantly gushing out the sickest obscenities all while fighting at an inhuman rate.

The woman does a shield bash pushing the beast back then with a deep she bellows YOL TOOR SHUL! A giant stream of fire erupts from her mouth bathing the monstrosity in fire. You can't tell if the thing's stopped moving but the fight is paused for a moment.



Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style



"Close enough."

"I on the other hand am from such a tiny spit of land on the westernmost tip of Norsca I might as well as be living in Naggaroth.

Random shouts and curses in chinese.

Your ugly and your momma dresses ya funny. Not out loud!

Sure... go ahead. Though you might want to start mentioning it to VIPs rather than freaking out the locals. They're about *this* close from full terrified revolt.

I do so. Without people freaking out. I give the name and the location.

Also I ask about that painter who doesn't paint himself anymore only teach. I've heard about him.

To myself, the painter is one who went against the strictures of Verena and so only paints what is the truth. He's stopped doing so because people don't want the truth. I wonder what he'd make of me.

Actually, they told that to the guards. The little old lady is brought in about a half hour later. She's standing tall and furious.

dr Kyupers turns BONE white when he sees Grandma alive.

I grin wolfishly. "Madam van de Kuypers, would you be so kind as to tell us what happened the night of your family's death?"

Basically you're getting all his assets after expenses, forgiven debts, and a fund put aside for extended kin.

That said, even with that SIZABLE chunk taken out (he's done a lot of ill) you're EASILY one of the richest men in the old world.

And when I free the Dwarf King's Kin.... I'm planning on taking a cut of that.

Ludwig mentions that this isn't exactly what the Emperor wanted, but the fact is... Karl Franz will probably settle for anything at this point that brings it back into the Empire.

I shrug and say that I don't expect any titles from this, let alone the Elector Counthood, but after being in the city I came to the decision that if we wrecked the system, we'd destroy all the reasons that we want the city back in the first place. So I simply aired a ton of dirty laundry, cracked a couple of skulls and made a deal. I won't be able to stay for long as I have other obligations but I'd imagine you're more than capable of keeping a lid on things and if things go pearshaped, then we'll simply go back to our original plan. And I'll smash as much as is needed to smash.



Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse



Poor things.  Razz 

Heh

No, I'll go in and finish it myself. Charge home a strike aimed at its head or other vital parts. Keep hitting until its in pieces and dead. With my eyes closed if need be, since I can likely use my other senses to guide my strikes.

The beast still gnaws as your sanity but you are able to shake it off. The ugly beast is unable to strike at you when you finish it off once and for all. With the gibblets around your and the goats off to the side. What do you do now?



Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name



Point. I suppose I just like exploring all my options. In that case, I'll excuse myself and approach her.

"You seemed as though you wanted to speak to me?"

Her eyes widen and she manages to stutter out, "Y-yes..." Her blush is adorable. "I believe your name is Vargr Skarin yes? I heard that you slew many beastmen including multiple Minotaurs, is that true?"
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:28 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

Brian Boru wrote:Her eyes widen and she manages to stutter out, "Y-yes..."  Her blush is adorable.  "I believe your name is Vargr Skarin yes?  I heard that you slew many beastmen including multiple Minotaurs, is that true?"

Interesting thing to mention, especially given that her attitude does not really seem to lend itself to ... fennish behavior.

"Guilty as charged. And I believe you are Maria de Larret?"

I'm going to leave it at that and let her have a moment to compose herself. She seems like she has something to say, and chances are me asking probing questions would be counterproductive at this point.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse

Brian Boru wrote:The beast still gnaws as your sanity but you are able to shake it off.  The ugly beast is unable to strike at you when you finish it off once and for all.  With the gibblets around your and the goats off to the side.  What do you do now?

Given how corrupt it is, I'm not taking any chances, get all the pieces of the creature to a clearing and gather dry wood and other stuff and burn the pieces of the Monster. Making sure to make sure the fire doesn't spread from there. Gather the pieces, activate the fire rune and cleanse the filth. Then wait for the others to catch up.

Aceraptor

Posts : 173
Join date : 2013-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Ironforge on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:04 am

Name: Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 12 months, 3 week

Faction:
True Norscans

Rank:
High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
-Has five Norscan heros units serving him as his fingers.
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,
-Has five Norscan heros units serving him as his fingers.

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 600 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,510

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 600
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100
Total: 600

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:
Fimbulvetr: Great sleipnir stallion in plate barding

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1

Brian Boru wrote:
It takes a few days but you eventually track down the band.  Numbering about 500 give or take.  Nearly all infantry, though there were a few horsemen.  You notice an occasional mutation among the raiders, not horrible but they can be seen.  Also you notice that the Aeslings are more dark of hair and skin, a trait coming from constant interactions with the Kurgans across the Northern sea.

The band is camping on top of a rocky hill, hard to attack if normal men were trying.

Well this should prove a simple enough task to finish with these numbers and with Trengyv here as witness this should leave a large impact on the cheif once we report back. So with that in mind, I order my men and wolves to split up and ride around the group of raiders but out of sight for and get ready to ride in a start slaughter the band of raiders after I break into there ranks and just destroy there morale. They will know it is time to strike once they hear my warcry "For the All father and True people of the North." So we can make sure that all are run down here and do not get chance to report anything that happened here.

Then turning over to Trengyv as I wait for my men to get into place. "You will want to get a good place to see what is about to happen Trengyv, as I promise you a sight that will show you a path to a free Norsca." An with those parting words, I will ride out to meet the Band of raiders ready to spill blood and help clean the taint of the 4 a little more in my people's lands.

Though once I strike the gathered lines and plow through them into the center of their gathered men. I let loose my warcry and slam the ground with my fists invoking the powers within them once more calling to the arctic winds to shatter and scatter this men with the icy spikes and freeze. So as to those that remain easy prey for myself and men to clean up.
avatar
Ironforge

Posts : 259
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:16 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You run through the fog for an unknown period of time until you find a horrific fight.  There is a woman, wearing armor with a vague Norse motiff and a horned helm.  She wields a large round shield and a hand-and-a-half sword.  Her foe is a....ugh...keeper of secrets.

Oh joy.

The monstrosity constantly gushing out the sickest obscenities all while fighting at an inhuman rate.

Everything about them is one.

The woman does a shield bash pushing the beast back then with a deep she bellows YOL TOOR SHUL!  A giant stream of fire erupts from her mouth bathing the monstrosity in fire.  You can't tell if the thing's stopped moving but the fight is paused for a moment.

Well then. I join the fight and bury my sword in his head.

"Well met. Hope I don't seem like I stole your kill, but these things dislike staying down."

"I on the other hand am from such a tiny spit of land on the westernmost tip of Norsca I might as well as be living in Naggaroth.

You get a nod.

I do so.  Without people freaking out.  I give the name and the location.

They send people out.

Also I ask about that painter who doesn't paint himself anymore only teach.  I've heard about him.

To myself, the painter is one who went against the strictures of Verena and so only paints what is the truth.  He's stopped doing so because people don't want the truth.  I wonder what he'd make of me.

Who?


I grin wolfishly.  "Madam van de Kuypers, would you be so kind as to tell us what happened the night of your family's death?"

And she does.

Let me put it this way... the croud goes insane, and the other directors show little interest in keeping him from being lynched.


And when I free the Dwarf King's Kin....  I'm planning on taking a cut of that.

Heh.

I shrug and say that I don't expect any titles from this, let alone the Elector Counthood, but after being in the city I came to the decision that if we wrecked the system, we'd destroy all the reasons that we want the city back in the first place.  So I simply aired a ton of dirty laundry, cracked a couple of skulls and made a deal.  I won't be able to stay for long as I have other obligations but I'd imagine you're more than capable of keeping a lid on things and if things go pearshaped, then we'll simply go back to our original plan.  And I'll smash as much as is needed to smash.

So, you're done in the city?

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:05 am

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name



Interesting thing to mention, especially given that her attitude does not really seem to lend itself to ... fennish behavior.

Awkward ice breaking she can't think of anything else to ask.

"Guilty as charged. And I believe you are Maria de Larret?"

She flushes and confirms that she is Maria de Larret, her father is the Earl de Larret.

I'm going to leave it at that and let her have a moment to compose herself. She seems like she has something to say, and chances are me asking probing questions would be counterproductive at this point.

She asks how you are enjoying the party specifically and Bretonnia in general. She's a bit lost really, apparently wall-flower is her normal modus opperandi so she's floundering a bit.



Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Misc: One Manticore corpse



Given how corrupt it is, I'm not taking any chances, get all the pieces of the creature to a clearing and gather dry wood and other stuff and burn the pieces of the Monster. Making sure to make sure the fire doesn't spread from there. Gather the pieces, activate the fire rune and cleanse the filth. Then wait for the others to catch up.

It takes bit to find fuel but by the time you have the chunks burning, the others manage to catch up. Kyra looking actually relieved when she sees you whole, at least you think she did. Might have been a trick of the light. The Knights of the Iron Shield on the other hand, raise a cheer as you destroyed the beast without any further loss of life and they carry you on their shoulders to the village which had figured out the fate they had narrowly avoided. Who also begin wildly celebrating. A big party is immediately thrown together with you as the guest of honor.



Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron

Titles:
-The Wanderer
-High King
-Lord of the north
-Hammer of the North
-Wolf King
-The Strong

Rune items:
Gauntlets and Greaves(With dwarfs)

Time in Verse and date:
Year: 2219
Time: 12 months, 3 week

Faction:
True Norscans

Rank:
High King

Personal Wealth:
19014 GP, 11 Sp, 6 Pp

Family:
Kenna:Wife, Queen of Norsca, Shield maiden

Vassals:
Jarl Ingvar Bloodscreamer: Adviser, Left hand of the King
Jarl Ulf Skullcracker: Battlermaster, Right hand of the King
-Has five Norscan heros units serving him as his fingers.
Renee d'Artigen: Steward,
-Has five Norscan heros units serving him as his fingers.

Retainers:
Urist Stonefist (Expert Stonemason) (20 Gp a month and housing)

People in personal holding:
Men: 600 (305 married)
Women: 305
Children: 605
Total: 1,510

Pack:
Winter Wolves:
Shadow: Wolf Alpha, Male, Winter wolf
Male: 6
Female: 6
Total: 12

Personal Holdings:
Raised hall x1
Stone wall x1
house x 600
Secondary stone wall with towers x1
Pier x1
Tertiary reinforced cement walls with towers x1

Personal Army:
Bondsmen: 600
-Axe and Board x300
-Great Weapon x200
-Archers x100
Total: 600

Personal Guard:
Norscan Heros x 10

Personal Steed:
Fimbulvetr: Great sleipnir stallion in plate barding

Inventory:
3 sets of working clothes, 7 sets of clothes, 2 high grade clothes, 3 boots, sea serpent fang necklace, set of King's clothes and cape x1



Well this should prove a simple enough task to finish with these numbers and with Trengyv here as witness this should leave a large impact on the cheif once we report back. So with that in mind, I order my men and wolves to split up and ride around the group of raiders but out of sight for and get ready to ride in a start slaughter the band of raiders after I break into there ranks and just destroy there morale. They will know it is time to strike once they hear my warcry "For the All father and True people of the North." So we can make sure that all are run down here and do not get chance to report anything that happened here.

Sounds of comprehension are heard from all parties.

Then turning over to Trengyv as I wait for my men to get into place. "You will want to get a good place to see what is about to happen Trengyv, as I promise you a sight that will show you a path to a free Norsca." An with those parting words, I will ride out to meet the Band of raiders ready to spill blood and help clean the taint of the 4 a little more in my people's lands.

He nods and heads for high ground in order to observe what happens.

Though once I strike the gathered lines and plow through them into the center of their gathered men. I let loose my warcry and slam the ground with my fists invoking the powers within them once more calling to the arctic winds to shatter and scatter this men with the icy spikes and freeze. So as to those that remain easy prey for myself and men to clean up.

They never know what hit them until it was far too late and you rip through them like a shark through a school of fish. Pulverized Aeslings and ice flying in every direction. Although they try to fight they can't stand against you and scatter like water on a hot skillet. That's when the wolves and the men come in. Hemming in the runners and slaughtering them left and right. When all is said and done, the Aeslings are all dead. In the center of their band is a large pile of loot of gold, gems, cloth, and....prisoners...most of them young women and most of them having the angular faces you expect from the Norscans, most likely Baersonlings. One however has a rounder face and higher cheekbones, vaguely Slavic. She holds herself higher than any of the other women and doesn't collapse weeping when she learns she's free and going back home. You talk to her?



Psyckosama wrote:Oh joy.

Heh

Everything about them is one.

Indeed.

Well then. I join the fight and bury my sword in his head.

"Well met. Hope I don't seem like I stole your kill, but these things dislike staying down."

The thing's surprise, then dawning comprehension would be hilarious if it wasn't so WRONG!...but sword through the eye into the brain, and with a twisted shriek the thing disappears in a puff of perfumed funk.

The woman turns to you and takes her helmet off. The hair is grey and her face shows signs of some aging though not that of a crone. It also has a disturbing similarity to the one that looks at you in the mirror every day since you arrived in the old world. She simply stares, no comment, any emotion or thoughts behind a wall of professional readiness.



Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style


You get a nod.

Thank you for no snide remarks about windswept cliffs I say with a wry grin.

They send people out.

Good.

Who?

Page 105 in Marienburg-Sold Down the River.

And she does.

Let me put it this way... the croud goes insane, and the other directors show little interest in keeping him from being lynched.

“I say we do but let's do so with at least some control. Dead is dead and I'm sure no one wants to wreck their own city right?”

Heh.

ALL THAT GOLD!!!!!

So, you're done in the city?

For now yes. I do plan to take Aldi with me to Middenheim, I want her to meet with the Ur-Ulric, while her story isn't impossible, it's so damn improbable that I want to make sure there aren't any monkey-shines involved. Also I wanna see if Valten's been tracked down yet and if not if I'm expected to come along with the hunt for him or wait for him to be brought back for training.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:The thing's surprise, then dawning comprehension would be hilarious if it wasn't so WRONG!...but sword through the eye into the brain, and with a twisted shriek the thing disappears in a puff of perfumed funk.

"Bloody Deamons."

The woman turns to you and takes her helmet off.  The hair is grey and her face shows signs of some aging though not that of a crone.   It also has a disturbing similarity to the one that looks at you in the mirror every day since you arrived in the old world.  She simply stares, no comment, any emotion or thoughts behind a wall of professional readiness.

My sword goes away, and if I have one it also comes off.

"This is an awkward meeting. Hello. You wouldn't happen to remember a drunken bender with Ulric would you?"

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

Thank you for no snide remarks about windswept cliffs I say with a wry grin.

Snort.

Page 105 in Marienburg-Sold Down the River.

I'll look it up later.


“I say we do but let's do so with at least some control.  Dead is dead and I'm sure no one wants to wreck their own city right?”

You don't get it. The Crowd surged forward, drug him out onto the docks, beat him, cut parts off (including a achoc castration) then put a rope around his neck and threw him off the docks screaming.

ALL THAT GOLD!!!!!

Heh.

For now yes.  I do plan to take Aldi with me to Middenheim, I want her to meet with the Ur-Ulric, while her story isn't impossible, it's so damn improbable that I want to make sure there aren't any monkey-shines involved.  Also I wanna see if Valten's been tracked down yet and if not if I'm expected to come along with the hunt for him or wait for him to be brought back for training.

Well, the Emperor wants you in Altdorf first. Seems there's a celebration planned and your presence is required.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:50 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Companion: Wood Elf Mage Kyra
Misc: One Manticore corpse

Brian Boru wrote:It takes bit to find fuel but by the time you have the chunks burning, the others manage to catch up.  Kyra looking actually relieved when she sees you whole, at least you think she did.  Might have been a trick of the light.  The Knights of the Iron Shield on the other hand, raise a cheer as you destroyed the beast without any further loss of life and they carry you on their shoulders to the village which had figured out the fate they had narrowly avoided.  Who also begin wildly celebrating.  A big party is immediately thrown together with you as the guest of honor.

Heh, nice to see that she cares.  Razz  I'll take the cheer with humbleness. Feast and celebrate well, drink, be merry. One less monstrosity to menace this world is as good a thing as any to celebrate.

Aceraptor

Posts : 173
Join date : 2013-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:12 am

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

She asks how you are enjoying the party specifically and Bretonnia in general.  She's a bit lost really, apparently wall-flower is her normal modus opperandi so she's floundering a bit.

"Parties aren't exactly my choice of venue, but I was led to believe simply not showing up would have been impolite to my host. As to Bretonnia, I've not been here long enough to form an impression. So far, I've only really seen much of Artois and Brionne. I imagine things can differ quite a bit, even across the breadth of a single duchy."

I pause to give the chamber a considering glance.

"Well, that's the way of the world, wouldn't you agree? After all, if it were all the same everywhere, things would become dreadfully boring in short order."
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Bloody Deamons."

A strong curse is your response from the woman.

My sword goes away, and if I have one it also comes off.

Alright.

"This is an awkward meeting. Hello. You wouldn't happen to remember a drunken bender with Ulric would you?"

Her eyes widen for a moment, then she nods, but there is a confused expression on her face, "But nothing came of it. Who are you? And why do you look like me?"




Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style



Snort.

I smile back, "Have to find humor somewhere in life otherwise things become just plain boring and grim eh?"

I'll look it up later.

Alright save it for later. Not all that important.

You don't get it. The Crowd surged forward, drug him out onto the docks, beat him, cut parts off (including a achoc castration) then put a rope around his neck and threw him off the docks screaming.

"....well....that's that I guess...."

Well, the Emperor wants you in Altdorf first. Seems there's a celebration planned and your presence is required.

Very well then, though I do want a message sent to the Ar-Ulric at some point. EXPLAINING EVERYTHING UP FRONT! I do NOT want an anime style misunderstanding with Cosmina AT ALL!

When I do manage to talk with the Emperor I apologize for not completely bringing in the city like we intended but I felt that the damage it would require to do that would wreck the entire reason we wanted Marienburg back in the first place. Though I do promise that if there is any other funny business with the city we'll go back to plan A.




Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Companion: Wood Elf Mage Kyra
Misc: One Manticore corpse



Heh, nice to see that she cares.  Razz  I'll take the cheer with humbleness. Feast and celebrate well, drink, be merry. One less monstrosity to menace this world is as good a thing as any to celebrate.

It's a wild party and you have a great time. The next morning the two of you head out towards the North again. Feed, watered and some more supplies for the road. You also drag the carcass of the Manticore behind you. Roll one more d100 before getting to Nuln.



Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name



"Parties aren't exactly my choice of venue, but I was led to believe simply not showing up would have been impolite to my host. As to Bretonnia, I've not been here long enough to form an impression. So far, I've only really seen much of Artois and Brionne. I imagine things can differ quite a bit, even across the breadth of a single duchy."

She nods at that fair enough.

I pause to give the chamber a considering glance.

"Well, that's the way of the world, wouldn't you agree? After all, if it were all the same everywhere, things would become dreadfully boring in short order."

She agrees with you, the folk of Larret take pride in being worldly and being a part of Bretonnia, interestingly she doesn't hold the same disdain of the forest folk that many others from Larret seem to hold. She understands that when would they have ever had the chance to see or hear about the wider world in that forest of theirs.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Brian Boru wrote:A strong curse is your response from the woman.

I chuckle.

Her eyes widen for a moment, then she nods, but there is a confused expression on her face, "But nothing came of it.  Who are you? And why do you look like me?"

There's an awkward pause and a cough. "Something came of it."

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

I smile back, "Have to find humor somewhere in life otherwise things become just plain boring and grim eh?"

"Indeed," dry ass response.


Alright save it for later.  Not all that important.

Okay.

"....well....that's that I guess...."

The directors seem very pleased actually... "Well, at least that keeps the rabble busy."

"Never liked him much anyways"

"Saves us the cost of a trial."

Very well then, though I do want a message sent to the Ar-Ulric at some point.  EXPLAINING EVERYTHING UP FRONT!  I do NOT want an anime style misunderstanding with Cosmina AT ALL!

Alright. Though both are in Altdorf when you get there...

When I do manage to talk with the Emperor I apologize for not completely bringing in the city like we intended but I felt that the damage it would require to do that would wreck the entire reason we wanted Marienburg back in the first place.  Though I do promise that if there is any other funny business with the city we'll go back to plan A.

He trusts your judgment. You made a call, and while he thinks it was maybe a little soft, he agrees that the most important thing was keeping the city intact.

Anyways, there is a HUGE celebration planned that will end with you being rewarded as agreed upon

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I chuckle.

She mutters something and turns to you.

There's an awkward pause and a cough. "Something came of it."

"But I never carried you, never delivered you, never raised you, where did you come from?"


Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style



"Indeed," dry ass response.

Heh

The directors seem very pleased actually... "Well, at least that keeps the rabble busy."

"Never liked him much anyways"

"Saves us the cost of a trial."

"All true, well I guess all that's left is paper work and exchanging of monies to make this official then yes?"

Alright. Though both are in Altdorf when you get there...

I go ahead of Aldi and explain to both of them Aldi, emphasizing I haven't done anything with her but her stories just a bit too bizzare to let off without somehow confirming who or what she is and asking for some advice, asking the ar-Ulric about those last two, to Cosmina I just tell her Aldi's story that I want a second opinion and that I haven't done anything with her.

He trusts your judgment. You made a call, and while he thinks it was maybe a little soft, he agrees that the most important thing was keeping the city intact.

I thank him for the vote of confidence, as a consolation I had promised my fiancee a trip back to her home to do some pest control as a wedding gift, her home...Sylvania.... I'm sure the Empire would like that pain in the ass dealt with at some point.

Anyways, there is a HUGE celebration planned that will end with you being rewarded as agreed upon

Alright then!

Also I ask how long it'll take for preparations there as I'd like to finally tie the knot with Cosmina privately before the official events, that way I should cut off any lords with a daughter and more ambition than brains from doing something....stupid....or annoying.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
She mutters something and turns to you.

I raise an eyebrow.


"But I never carried you, never delivered you, never raised you, where did you come from?"

"I've learned to simply smile and nod when magic is involved. Double so in the matters of gods. Regardless, I'm the child of your blood but not of your body."

I smile. "But allow me to greet you in the proper way. We both carry the Dragonblood and I do believe that in the way of dragons its the elder who initiates the greeting. Tasting eachothers Thu'um should remove all doubt."

I wait for your Yol then reply with my own. As we're not trying to kill eachother it should not be damaging.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

"All true, well I guess all that's left is paper work and exchanging of monies to make this official then yes?"

Yep. Expect much wrangling over the fine print.

I go ahead of Aldi and explain to both of them Aldi, emphasizing I haven't done anything with her but her stories just a bit too bizzare to let off without somehow confirming who or what she is and asking for some advice, asking the ar-Ulric about those last two, to Cosmina I just tell her Aldi's story that I want a second opinion and that I haven't done anything with her.

Cosmina is a bit put off but she gets it... you're still marrying her, right?

As for the ar-Ulric he's going to have to meditate and research.

I thank him for the vote of confidence, as a consolation I had promised my fiancee a trip back to her home to do some pest control as a wedding gift, her home...Sylvania.... I'm sure the Empire would like that pain in the ass dealt with at some point.

His smile is downright evil. Though it brings up an issue. When you have your heirs he'd like you to split your holdings between them. Having one single line that powerful would be dangerous to the empire's stability.

Alright then!

Also I ask how long it'll take for preparations there as I'd like to finally tie the knot with Cosmina privately before the official events, that way I should cut off any lords with a daughter and more ambition than brains from doing something....stupid....or annoying.

Actually he's already had it planned. Though they'd like you to wait for the wedding. The Temples of Moor and Ulric have something grand in the works.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum