You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Ironforge on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:13 am

Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Rank: bondsman

The ride back was calm for several days until a lookout screams "SERPENT!"  Look out to the right of the fleet, you spot the undulating coils of a 50ft long sea serpent heading right for you.
Well I'll be damned, a real honest to gods sea monster. You know I wonder how those things taste? An with that though I give Tregyv that look and grin before I just look back at the serpent an take off running towards it with me jumping right towards it ready to fry it with a lighten empowered strike from my gauntlets. An if that will not get the job done, I'll just rip it's head off and the drag it's body back to the boat. While I ask where I can hook this thing up to so we can have something special for dinner tonight.
avatar
Ironforge

Posts : 259
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:21 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g

Brian Boru wrote:As in a blind panic.

Good.

Surprisingly you don't lose a bounty.  Good aim there.

Yep! Got skills!

She cries for a while then when she calms down she looks at you with those glistning eyes of hers and says, "Frieda, my name is Frieda Sir knight."

"It was my pleasure."

She then tells you that she was a peddler's daughter that was heading to Mittleweg when her family was ambushed by the beastmen you killed.  When she reminds herself of the fact she is now completely alone she breaks into freash tears.

"You have no one? Well then, you may accompany me on my travels if you so desire. While I am good with an axe and blade, my talents for cooking, cleaning, and mending are not quite up to the task. Are you skilled in these things?"

I pause and add, "And your body is not to be assumed to be part of the employment so fear not."

No she doesn't

Damn.

They glower but otherwise don't comment.

Wink

"Apparently...well either way here is the bounty for your beastmen (4 gold crowns) and come to the mustering field two days from now to begin integration with the rest of the army."

"Ah. Yes. I believe there's been a misunderstanding. I thought I was being hired to take out this one problematic bunch. I did not intend to agree to long term employment and we have signed no contracts," I pause, "Though if there are any other hostile forces in the immediate region that you wish to be disposed of I will be more than pleased to do so."

It's not every day you meet someone happy and willing to kill every Orc, beastman, and mutant within 100 miles for simply the bounty price and no payment up front!

You find a nice room for the two of you for standard price and manage to get some common clothing for her for a shilling after you tell the tailor her story.

Frieda looks askance at the clothing, the room, and the food and she wonders why you'd do all this for her.  Unless you plan to do what most men would do with a gorgeous young lady.

Because I am sympathetic is why. I will not leave a woman without a lively hood.

"Very well, lead the way Herr Frederick."

I calmly follow the company back to whatever temple or camp the Morr priests are using as a center of command.

You're lead on an overland march as they carry the wounded and the dead to a cemetery temple. The dead man is taken inside while the wounded are tended to.

Soon a gnarled old man steps out and asks to speak to you. He wants to see your weapons and for you to submit to a magical spell to test you for taint.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:41 am

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:There is dead silence for a long while the seven look amongst each other then look to the elder mage.  He stares at you long and hard, searching for even the slightest hint of false hood.  

Then he speaks slowly and with deadly force to it.  "That tale, was the most insane and outlandish pack of lies I've ever heard in my life....Or at least it's what I wish I could say...either you are a better liar than a changer of ways or your story is true, and these lands will be in for a greater bloodshed than has been seen in centuries.  I believe you boy, as much as I wish otherwise... Now the question is...what shall we do about it."

The elves then enter a long conversation among themselves in their own tongue, you have apparently been forgotten your news more important then deciding your fate.  Do you interrupt them or wait until their attention is back on you?

I give them some time to absorb the information, then interject respectfully. "If I may, a threat of this scale must be met by all who oppose Chaos. The Dwarves, the Empire, Bretonia, the elves of Ulthuan, Kislev, as many forces as possible must be brought to bear upon this. In order to do this, evidence must be gathered of the events to come in order to convince them to marshal their forces. Rumors may arrive from the north of a particular champion perhaps, and any other scrap of information. Once enough information has been gathered... the alarm must be raised."

Aceraptor

Posts : 173
Join date : 2013-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:51 am

Ironforge wrote:Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Rank: bondsman


Well I'll be damned, a real honest to gods sea monster. You know I wonder how those things taste? An with that though I give Tregyv that look and grin before I just look back at the serpent an take off running towards it with me jumping right towards it ready to fry it with a lighten empowered strike from my gauntlets. An if that will not get the job done, I'll just rip it's head off and the drag it's body back to the boat. While I ask where I can hook this thing up to so we can have something special for dinner tonight.

You do realize you're on a damn boat right?

Well you shock everyone when you leap off the boat with a running jump then with strokes so powerful you look like a powerboat plowing through the water you slam into the massive sea beast like a missile.  The beast howls in agony from the strike but before it can retaliate you continue your attack.  Your gauntlet crackles with the power of the storm and with one mighty blow you shatter it's skull.  Before it can sink to the bottom of the sea of claws you manage to lug the monstrous carcass back to the ships.  The people on board stare in awe at the destruction.  Unfortunately you have to soak the flesh of a seaserpent in salt for a week before it can be safely eaten so it might not be good anymore if they are forced to drag it for another couple of weeks over open ocean.

You might want to slice something off of it for a trophy.  The fangs of the beast are still intact.

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g


"It was my pleasure."

She blushes a hair at that.  Covered in beastman gore or not you are still an...impressive individual...

"You have no one? Well then, you may accompany me on my travels if you so desire. While I am good with an axe and blade, my talents for cooking, cleaning, and mending are not quite up to the task. Are you skilled in these things?"

I pause and add, "And your body is not to be assumed to be part of the employment so fear not."

She says that she had to do that sort of maintenance work for her father for years so it is little trouble.  

As for the other part.  Well she flushes like a neon sign before she quietly thanks you.

"Ah. Yes. I believe there's been a misunderstanding. I thought I was being hired to take out this one problematic bunch. I did not intend to agree to long term employment and we have signed no contracts," I pause, "Though if there are any other hostile forces in the immediate region that you wish to be disposed of I will be more than pleased to do so."

He blinks in surprise at that 18 shillings a week is nothing to sniff at for soldiering but if you insist.  Well he can't really not use the troops he's already gathered, he already paid for them but he could use you as a headhunter and as a way to clear out stragglers from broken herds.  Those two have always been the hardest part as it is hard for him to get a good mage to deal with shamans and the ugly bastards can move through the forests like no one's business.

He'd pay you double the bounty of whatever you personally kill.  How does that sound?

Because I am sympathetic is why. I will not leave a woman without a lively hood.

She tears up again and embraces you in thanks, even kissing you on the cheek, though she blushes red again when she realizes what she'd done and what would her mother say if she were still here.

You're lead on an overland march as they carry the wounded and the dead to a cemetery temple. The dead man is taken inside while the wounded are tended to.

Soon a gnarled old man steps out and asks to speak to you. He wants to see your weapons and for you to submit to a magical spell to test you for taint.

I bow my head in respect to the holy man and I say, "Whatever you need to do priest."  I then offer the weapons and myself for testing, I'm pretty damn sure I'll pass.

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing


I give them some time to absorb the information, then interject respectfully. "If I may, a threat of this scale must be met by all who oppose Chaos. The Dwarves, the Empire, Bretonia,  the elves of Ulthuan, Kislev, as many forces as possible must be brought to bear upon this. In order to do this, evidence must be gathered of the events to come in order to convince them to marshal their forces. Rumors may arrive from the north of a particular champion perhaps, and any other scrap of information. Once enough information has been gathered... the alarm must be raised."

They turns their heads back to you, faces irked that they were interrupted, then your words register in their minds and after another minute of talking they nod.  "You are right the message must be sent out.  Kyra, you've been with this human longer than anyone else and you are a respectible mage in your own right.  We have decided that you will act as messenger to the Nordland humans as well as our cousins in Marianburg and Athel Loren.  We will give you a message signed by all of us telling of this young human's story as well as a call to prepare for the greatest war of our time."

Kyra turns out to be the lady mage you came here with.  She nods and says that it would be her honor.

They then turn to you, "As for you, we will let you leave but we would ask that you act as a guardian and as verification of the message we are sending out.  Would you do this?"  Kyra's eyes bulge in shock when she realizes she might have to be with you for a ridiculous amount of time and while you are better than most of your kind in her eyes for the simple fact of your unique abilities and actions you STILL ARE human....
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:06 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g[/quote]

Brian Boru wrote:She blushes a hair at that.  Covered in beastman gore or not you are still an...impressive individual...

Heh.

She says that she had to do that sort of maintenance work for her father for years so it is little trouble.  

"Wonderful. Now, how should we handle payment?"

I will of course be covering her room and board.

As for the other part.  Well she flushes like a neon sign before she quietly thanks you.

"Your honor is your own and will be so until you leave my service. And even after then I shall be... displeased... if I hear anyone voice disagreement."

I glance at the killing field to make it clear what my... displeasure will look like.

He blinks in surprise at that 18 shillings a week is nothing to sniff at for soldiering but if you insist.

I made 10 times that in a day.

Well he can't really not use the troops he's already gathered, he already paid for them but he could use you as a headhunter and as a way to clear out stragglers from broken herds.

I'd like to make a counter offer. Use me to break herds and then have his troops systematically exterminate any survivors. I am a very effective headhunter yes, but I am also the perfect shock weapon.

I look at her girl. "Please, tell him what you saw when I fought."

Those two have always been the hardest part as it is hard for him to get a good mage to deal with shamans and the ugly bastards can move through the forests like no one's business.

"I find shamans don't last long when you apply a generous serving of 'tree'. And by that I mean when you throw a tree at them."

He'd pay you double the bounty of whatever you personally kill.  How does that sound?

"Deal, but I also get a fee of five crowns a week while I'm remaining here on retainer, I get additional bounty for leaders and casters, if they do not have predetermined personal bounties, and my servant and I are permitted to stay in your manor as guests. This may sound like a unreasonable deal but think of it this way... you're not paying a single soldier, you're paying an elite killing machine with two magical weapons who is as strong as a giant who as a healthy dislike for beast-men and would happily kill every one of them within 100 miles of your town."

I pause. "Considering I can easily perform the work of an entire mercenary company and more, you will find me to be quite the deal."

She tears up again and embraces you in thanks, even kissing you on the cheek, though she blushes red again when she realizes what she'd done and what would her mother say if she were still here.

I simply smile. "You're welcome."

You're lead on an overland march as they carry the wounded and the dead to a cemetery temple. The dead man is taken inside while the wounded are tended to.

Soon a gnarled old man steps out and asks to speak to you. He wants to see your weapons and for you to submit to a magical spell to test you for taint.

He looks over you and the weapons and then tentatively declares you clear, but stats he'd like you to remain. There is a strange power about you and your weapons and he wishes to have it examined.

He's willing to offer you food and lodging until his experts arrive.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g


Brian Boru wrote:"Wonderful. Now, how should we handle payment?"

I will of course be covering her room and board.

Her eyes widen...payment...but she thinks about for a while then she says that a shilling a week would be more than enough for a single girl like her.

"Your honor is your own and will be so until you leave my service. And even after then I shall be... displeased... if I hear anyone voice disagreement."

I glance at the killing field to make it clear what my... displeasure will look like.

She looks around at the carnage a little amazed at the lengths you would go for a peddler's daughter you only just met...."You are a true knight sir."

I made 10 times that in a day.

Point

I'd like to make a counter offer. Use me to break herds and then have his troops systematically exterminate any survivors. I am a very effective headhunter yes, but I am also the perfect shock weapon.

He seems a little doubtful at first until...

I look at her girl. "Please, tell him what you saw when I fought."

She flushes and stammers a bit at first but she eventually get her story out.

"He killed them all in less than a minute my lord. They did not even have a chance to react."

"Then he threw a tree at those who attempted to run. It took him more time to collect the heads than it did to slay them."

The count is silent for a moment then he looks back at you..."A tree? Truly?"

"Deal, but I also get a fee of five crowns a week while I'm remaining here on retainer, I get additional bounty for leaders and casters, if they do not have predetermined personal bounties, and my servant and I are permitted to stay in your manor as guests. This may sound like a unreasonable deal but think of it this way... you're not paying a single soldier, you're paying an elite killing machine with two magical weapons who is as strong as a giant who as a healthy dislike for beast-men and would happily kill every one of them within 100 miles of your town."

I pause. "Considering I can easily perform the work of an entire mercenary company and more, you will find me to be quite the deal."

He stares at you for a moment that is a large amount of money there, he looks like he's about to try and toss you out on your ear on principle but then he remembers what you were able to do to those beastmen. "Very well we have a deal, though I hope you are worth the cost."

I simply smile. "You're welcome."

You move into the count's manor the next day. Gossip flies around you wondering who you are, what you're doing here, and how you came to be here. Frieda seems to fit fairly well with the rest of the manor staff and is always within ten seconds walking distance of you it seems. She does wonderfully as a personal servant though she seems to be a little distressed over something.

Either way the count announces that the army would be marching within the next five days to begin a purge of any and all beastmen within von Uder land. Anything you wish to do before you leave?

He looks over you and the weapons and then tentatively declares you clear, but stats he'd like you to remain. There is a strange power about you and your weapons and he wishes to have it examined.

He's willing to offer you food and lodging until his experts arrive.

"Alright priest I'm willing to wait and see what the experts say...Though just to satisfy my curiosity...we're not talking witch hunters here? Those people terrify me..."

Either way I practice my forms and I see just what my limits are though I make sure never to leave eyesight of where I am staying.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:04 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g

Her eyes widen...payment...but she thinks about for a while then she says that a shilling a week would be more than enough for a single girl like her.

"Nonsense. A shilling a weak is a beggar's wage."

She looks around at the carnage a little amazed at the lengths you would go for a peddler's daughter you only just met...."You are a true knight sir."

"No, I'm simply a man... and any man who is worthy of calling himself one would do just the same."

Point

Yep.

He seems a little doubtful at first until...

She flushes and stammers a bit at first but she eventually get her story out.

"He killed them all in less than a minute my lord. They did not even have a chance to react."

"Then he threw a tree at those who attempted to run. It took him more time to collect the heads than it did to slay them."

The count is silent for a moment then he looks back at you..."A tree?  Truly?"

"Would you like me to prove my power and strength?"

If he does I'll put a show of it. Hell, I'll pick up a cannon under each arm and go for a fucking jog!

Either way... I have no problem with him asking more and more unlikely feats of power and strength until he's left dumbfounded.

He stares at you for a moment that is a large amount of money there, he looks like he's about to try and toss you out on your ear on principle but then he remembers what you were able to do to those beastmen.  "Very well we have a deal, though I hope you are worth the cost."

"I think you will believe that I am shorting myself before long."

You move into the count's manor the next day.  Gossip flies around you wondering who you are, what you're doing here, and how you came to be here.  Frieda seems to fit fairly well with the rest of the manor staff and is always within ten seconds walking distance of you it seems.  She does wonderfully as a personal servant though she seems to be a little distressed over something.

I ask her what's the matter.

Either way the count announces that the army would be marching within the next five days to begin a purge of any and all beastmen within von Uder land.  Anything you wish to do before you leave?

Nothing really unless something comes up in conversation.

Just point me at the enemy and it will DIE. Horribly.

I dislike Beastmen. They are very rude.

"Alright priest I'm willing to wait and see what the experts say...Though just to satisfy my curiosity...we're not talking witch hunters here?  Those people terrify me..."

Either way I practice my forms and I see just what my limits are though I make sure never to leave eyesight of where I am staying.

"No. An old friend of mine. A wizard of the Light Order. His abilities should shine greater knowledge on the nature of your powers."

So what do you want to do while you wait?

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:11 am

Well you actually left a pretty huge trail behind you knocking tree left and right like that.

But you've manged to cover several miles in your mad sprint and you seem to be in the middle of a thick forest. There doesn't seem to be anything around you for the moment but who knows if that will change.

You move more sedately through the woods now, and amazingly you can keep yourself mostly hidden as you move. Leaving little marks of where you stepped. After a few hours you come out of the forest and you find another settlement with another little castle that looks like it was stolen from a Disney movie.

First, inventory check time. I should have some food on me, even if it's just horrible jerky. If not, I'll try my hand at making some snares/hunting/foraging and hope that came with whatever skillset I got settled with.

What I intend to do is to find a nicely concealed/secluded spot and spend a day or two just watching the castle and village.

Incidentally, do I still have the Brisingamen one me? If so, is it just a very expensive looking paperweight now, or can it still double as a magical satnav?
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g


"Nonsense. A shilling a weak is a beggar's wage."

"Then what would you suggest?"

"No, I'm simply a man... and any man who is worthy of calling himself one would do just the same."

She seems impressed at this.

"Would you like me to prove my power and strength?"

If he does I'll put a show of it. Hell, I'll pick up a cannon under each arm and go for a fucking jog!

Either way... I have no problem with him asking more and more unlikely feats of power and strength until he's left dumbfounded.

No no that's quite alright he believes you. He just is more than a little overwhelmed is all.

"I think you will believe that I am shorting myself before long."

"Ha I certainly hope so."

I ask her what's the matter.

Apparently some of the male help have been...staring at her, and she wondering if she's been doing something wrong or if there is something on her face that bothers them. The worst is von Uder's son the looks he gives her makes her skin crawl for some reason.

Nothing really unless something comes up in conversation.

Just point me at the enemy and it will DIE. Horribly.

I dislike Beastmen. They are very rude.

Well that's certainly ONE way of describing them....

"No. An old friend of mine. A wizard of the Light Order. His abilities should shine greater knowledge on the nature of your powers."

The old man sees me visibly sag with relief, a wizard is much better than a warhammer witch hunter even if it's the fantasy version.

So what do you want to do while you wait?

I'll head out and test my strength, speed, and toughness though I make sure I'm never out of eye or ear shot of the priest's temple. I also see if I can find Frederick and his band and ask them what has happened with the two injured men and how the fighting has been.

Rieverre wrote:First, inventory check time. I should have some food on me, even if it's just horrible jerky. If not, I'll try my hand at making some snares/hunting/foraging and hope that came with whatever skillset I got settled with.

Well after searching yourself and finding nothing edible unless you plan on eating the leather, you decide that a little hunting might be in order. It isn't an hour later when you come across a big buck feeding on the edge of a lake. You get the feeling that if your flight from the knights was any indicator you could chase this deer down and kill it barehanded if needed. But if you have a different plan carry it out or go on ahead with a charge and snap.

What I intend to do is to find a nicely concealed/secluded spot and spend a day or two just watching the castle and village.

You find a relatively good hiding spot near the edge of the forest where you can observe the castle and the settlement. It's a small thicket with branches thick enough to block out the worst rains and more than enough room to lay down in.

Incidentally, do I still have the Brisingamen one me? If so, is it just a very expensive looking paperweight now, or can it still double as a magical satnav?

You DO still have the stone but it's only a pretty spapphire now a VERY BIG Sapphire with a large amount of silver used as a holding apparatus so not useful but very valuable to the right buyer.

It's your second night in your spot when before you go to bed you notice a pair of riders coming from the castle. They dismount near your thicket and they reveal themselves to be a man an a woman the woman is the young castle lord's daughter you noticed before, while the young fellow is some knight errant you haven't met before. The couple quickly kiss then they start heading into the forest right towards your thicket, seems that this is their little hideaway for late night fun. What do you do?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 am

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g

Should I just add in a week's pay to stand in for the time I spend in the castle doing nothing?

[quote]"Then what would you suggest?"[quote]

"How about FIVE shillings a week. If you think it is too much, call it a..." I paused, "Allowance. After all, as my servant you reflect on me and I want you to look respectable! Besides, I can afford it..."

That's a crown a month! Twelve pieces of gold a year!

She seems impressed at this.

I simply give her a friendly smile.

"Ha I certainly hope so."

"You will not be disappointed. On this I give you my word." I pause for a moment and then add, "While I may seem mercenary the truth be told is that I wish to do good and live well. In my current line of employment I believe I'm well suited to do both."

Apparently some of the male help have been...staring at her, and she wondering if she's been doing something wrong or if there is something on her face that bothers them.

That is because she's a great beauty. They are in awe of her. Though do remind them that if they I've sworn to protect her honor... and if need be, avenge it.

The worst is von Uder's son the looks he gives her makes her skin crawl for some reason.

I inform von Uder that his son is behaving untoward towards me servant and that I've sworn to protect her honor.

Well that's certainly ONE way of describing them....

VERY rude.

Now, lets go punish them.

The old man sees me visibly sag with relief, a wizard is much better than a warhammer witch hunter even if it's the fantasy version.

He actually chuckles and says, "Relax, Lad. You're an enigma but so far you've proven to be nothing but cooperative. You've shown no taint of darkness and you're holding yourself with honor. You are among friends."

I'll head out and test my strength, speed, and toughness though I make sure I'm never out of eye or ear shot of the priest's temple.

You find yourself often watched with awe. In fact there is one cowed figure who seems to watch quite often, though you can't tell much through the heavy robes.

I also see if I can find Frederick and his band and ask them what has happened with the two injured men and how the fighting has been.

The two men have been moved to a temple of Shallya as the bites were tainted with foul disease.

They've been carefully patrolling the borders of the forest but have not yet dared to enter. They believe there is an evil inside and have not the resources to deal with it.... unless you might be willing to convince the priests to let you go.

You also receive word that the Light Wizard should be here in a week or two.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by bzzt3421 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 am

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe, brace of throwing axes. 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, warkilt, furred leggings, sack with food.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Rank: Retainer





Brian Boru wrote:At that the cook's son turns pale as a ghost.

It isn't even a minute later when the kid spills his guts about how Piet was the one in the right.  At that the Cook whops his son over the head for lying and for picking fights.  Then he turns to you and apologizes for the trouble his boy's caused and asks if there is anything he could do to make amends for this mess.

Well, there is this sauce dish I learned when traveling. If he has the time, I'd like his assistance in making it. I'll pay for the ingredients, if he'll loan the use of his kitchen. 



[*]On a dry day, assemble 100 tomatoes. Squeeze them with your hands till reduced to a pulp, then mix in a quarter pound of fine salt with the pulp, and then boil the mix for two hours. Stir the mix to prevent burning.
[*]While still hot press the mix through a fine sieve with a silver spoon, leaving only the skin in the sieve. Then add a  3 nutmegs, some allspice, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and pepper to the strained mix. 
[*]Boil the new mix over a slow fire till quite thick, stir all the time. Then bottle it.

Because living in world without ketchup would suck. 

Honestly though, he shouldn't worry too much about it. Kids fear the unknown, and for boys, fear is something to be ashamed of. So they ridicule it. The source of their fears, to make it seem less fearful then it is. Just make sure he doesn't do it to people anymore, unless he's willing to risk getting beaten. Most people aren't reasonable when they're mocked.  


Anyway talk to the cook, be personable, friendly, nice. In the grand scheme of things, they're worse friends then the head cook. Especially if you like good food. 


Continue training Piet, the wolves, and myself. Find out the Style of the Wizard in the castle. When I feel comfortable, ask around and see if they're any hotspots that the Baron would like me to handle or assist. Got to be something for a super strong Nord to do. 

bzzt3421

Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 am

Well after searching yourself and finding nothing edible unless you plan on eating the leather, you decide that a little hunting might be in order. It isn't an hour later when you come across a big buck feeding on the edge of a lake. You get the feeling that if your flight from the knights was any indicator you could chase this deer down and kill it barehanded if needed. But if you have a different plan carry it out or go on ahead with a charge and snap.

Might as well see how well I do with stalking it, sneaking up as close to it as I can and then doing the neck-snap. Getting in touch with daddy dearest's portfolio, as it were.

After that, gut, skin, and dress before getting a fire going.

Hmm ... wonder if I can find some herbs for spices ...

After I'm done I make sure to bury or otherwise conceal any signs of my presence.


You DO still have the stone but it's only a pretty spapphire now a VERY BIG Sapphire with a large amount of silver used as a holding apparatus so not useful but very valuable to the right buyer.

It's your second night in your spot when before you go to bed you notice a pair of riders coming from the castle. They dismount near your thicket and they reveal themselves to be a man an a woman the woman is the young castle lord's daughter you noticed before, while the young fellow is some knight errant you haven't met before. The couple quickly kiss then they start heading into the forest right towards your thicket, seems that this is their little hideaway for late night fun. What do you do?

Somehow, I don't think selling it would be the right call. Conceal it somewhere on my person, though, as openly carrying something like that is just inviting trouble.

As for the young couple ... well, considering I've just poached on the local noble's lands, I think I'd be best served by just sneaking away. Let them have their fun and all, no reason to be rude and interrupt. If I manage it, I'll find another lookout spot.

So, anything in particular I've managed to discern about the village? Like, say, locations of things like taverns, militia barracks, etc? Likewise, what do things look like at the castle? How many men do I estimate, and what about their gear?
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:55 am

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g


Should I just add in a week's pay to stand in for the time I spend in the castle doing nothing?

You'll start getting your pay once the army marches.

"How about FIVE shillings a week. If you think it is too much, call it a..." I paused, "Allowance. After all, as my servant you reflect on me and I want you to look respectable! Besides, I can afford it..."

She stares at your for a moment, then she boys in her in thanks and says, "Sir is too kind."

I simply give her a friendly smile.

She returns with one of her own.

"You will not be disappointed. On this I give you my word." I pause for a moment and then add, "While I may seem mercenary the truth be told is that I wish to do good and live well. In my current line of employment I believe I'm well suited to do both."

"Lucky is the man who can do both."

That is because she's a great beauty. They are in awe of her. Though do remind them that if they I've sworn to protect her honor... and if need be, avenge it.

It only takes about half a second (more or less) for the servants to be reminded just whose woman they're leering and the stares stop dead cold.

I inform von Uder that his son is behaving untoward towards me servant and that I've sworn to protect her honor.

When von Under's told of this, he's quick to promise to deal with the issue. The looks stop though you get the sense that someone is glaring at you with impotent rage when the glarer thinks you aren't paying attention.

VERY rude.

Now, lets go punish them.

The day of the muster arrives, nearly 1500 men from the surrounding villages and farmsteads as well as hardbitten mercenaries have gathered to go kick beastman ass. Your first target is to be a herd nearly 1000 strong wandering to the North-west of Mittleweg, then the army will swing South through the forests in a great arc for roughly a month clearing out any and all traces of beast men before return to Mittleweg along the Altdorf-Middenheim road.

You plan on taking Frieda? Or have her stay here?

Either way it's several days before the hunters track down the ugly bastards, hiding up in a series of caverns. von Uder is planning with his commanders and he asks you what you think would be the best way to use you.

He actually chuckles and says, "Relax, Lad. You're an enigma but so far you've proven to be nothing but cooperative. You've shown no taint of darkness and you're holding yourself with honor. You are among friends."

I grin and say, "That is certainly a relief to hear priest...you know would it be alright to ask for your name? Seems a little rude to keep calling you by your occupation..."

You find yourself often watched with awe. In fact there is one cowed figure who seems to watch quite often, though you can't tell much through the heavy robes.

I get the feeling it's the same dark cloaked individual that had been watching me when I first met up with Frederick's company. Well either way I'll mention them to the priest to ask his opinion and ask for his permission to try and follow them the next time I spot them. Depending on his answer and if he gives me the go ahead I'll follow the person until the two of us are fairly alone then with my speed and strength pin them to a wall or the ground if no wall is available, making sure not to kill them in the process. Then I very politely but firmly ask, "Alright stranger, I've been seeing you watching me for days now and I'm pretty sure I saw you the day those zombies attacked me and my companions, so I'll ask once politely. Just who are you and what are you doing?" If I don't get an answer then I'll pull off the cowl to see who this person is.

The two men have been moved to a temple of Shallya as the bites were tainted with foul disease.

Damn, I'll see what I can do to apologize to them and their companions for not moving quick enough to prevent their injuries and infections and I say that I'll pray for their recoveries. If they wonder why I care so much I say, "You didn't shoot me on sight. That makes you good people to me."

They've been carefully patrolling the borders of the forest but have not yet dared to enter. They believe there is an evil inside and have not the resources to deal with it.... unless you might be willing to convince the priests to let you go.

I'll see what I can do though I can't make any promises until that Light Wizard checks me out.

I'll ask as such with the Morr priest if he would allow me to help with the clearing out of the forest. It would give me something to do and it would help nip a likely horrible problem in the bud before it became something requiring the entire province and with the elector count dead, that might be a problem.

You also receive word that the Light Wizard should be here in a week or two.

Good my actions will depend on the responses above but when the Wizard arrives, I'll be sure to be as polite and agreeable with the man as possible. Though if the decision is that I'm chaos tainted or my weapons are to be taken from me then I'm running and I ain't going to stop until I hit a dwarf hold.

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe, brace of throwing axes. 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, warkilt, furred leggings, sack with food.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Rank: Retainer


Well, there is this sauce dish I learned when traveling. If he has the time, I'd like his assistance in making it. I'll pay for the ingredients, if he'll loan the use of his kitchen.[/color]

He'll see what he can do.

[*]On a dry day, assemble 100 tomatoes. Squeeze them with your hands till reduced to a pulp, then mix in a quarter pound of fine salt with the pulp, and then boil the mix for two hours. Stir the mix to prevent burning.
[*]While still hot press the mix through a fine sieve with a silver spoon, leaving only the skin in the sieve. Then add a  3 nutmegs, some allspice, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and pepper to the strained mix. 
[*]Boil the new mix over a slow fire till quite thick, stir all the time. Then bottle it.

Because living in world without ketchup would suck.

He's heard of the plants but he hasn't used them before, you have to buy them from Marienburg or the moot most times and the damn things are expensive, besides those things are from the new world and his brother, a survivor of a Lustria expedition claimed up and down that EVERYTHING from Lustria is deadly poisonous.  

Honestly though, he shouldn't worry too much about it. Kids fear the unknown, and for boys, fear is something to be ashamed of. So they ridicule it. The source of their fears, to make it seem less fearful then it is. Just make sure he doesn't do it to people anymore, unless he's willing to risk getting beaten. Most people aren't reasonable when they're mocked.

He promises that he'll deal with his boy, fears or not picking fights for no godsdam good reason is the height of foolishness.

Anyway talk to the cook, be personable, friendly, nice. In the grand scheme of things, they're worse friends then the head cook. Especially if you like good food.

The calm and professional way you dealt with that issue seems to have helped with your relations with the folk of the castle on a more personal level.


Continue training Piet, the wolves, and myself. Find out the Style of the Wizard in the castle. When I feel comfortable, ask around and see if they're any hotspots that the Baron would like me to handle or assist. Got to be something for a super strong Nord to do.

As a matter of fact you're in luck with that the Baron is planning an expeditionary force with a few Kislev nobles from the Western Oblast to deal with the beastmen and marauders wreaking havoc for the both of them. It would be a pleasure if you would fight along with them.

Might as well see how well I do with stalking it, sneaking up as close to it as I can and then doing the neck-snap. Getting in touch with daddy dearest's portfolio, as it were.

After that, gut, skin, and dress before getting a fire going.

Hmm ... wonder if I can find some herbs for spices ...

After I'm done I make sure to bury or otherwise conceal any signs of my presence.

Well you manage to close half the distance before the buck notices you and makes to run. You quick put that to rest by bolting out and with a sharp twist snap it's neck like a twig.

After a bit of trial and error you manage to butcher the meat and soon you have it roasting over a large fire. But right before you can bite into it properly a loud howling can be heard from the forest, seems that a wolf pack has smelled your supper.

Somehow, I don't think selling it would be the right call. Conceal it somewhere on my person, though, as openly carrying something like that is just inviting trouble.

alright then.

As for the young couple ... well, considering I've just poached on the local noble's lands, I think I'd be best served by just sneaking away. Let them have their fun and all, no reason to be rude and interrupt. If I manage it, I'll find another lookout spot.

You manage to slink out of the thicket before the couple gets in, and by the sounds of it you might feel a little...dirty for using it once they leave.

So, anything in particular I've managed to discern about the village? Like, say, locations of things like taverns, militia barracks, etc? Likewise, what do things look like at the castle? How many men do I estimate, and what about their gear?

It's a fairly standard Bretonnian settlement, dirt poor farmers, big noble knights and the like. You do spot a tavern on the edge of town. As for barracks, no luck though men-at-arms do occasionally leave the castle itself.

If you had to guess there might be 50-75 men at arms beholden to that castle along with the knight that rules the roost as well as about 5 or so knights errant under him.

About two or three days after your close encounter with the lovers there seems to be a huge fracas at the castle out of the gates a mounted rider flies out in what is obviously a mad attempt at escape. Behind him are the knight and most of the knights errant in full armor and giving chase. Looking closer you realize it's the knight errant you saw several nights ago. The road they're running along will soon go by and through your forest, do you interfere or let them by?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g

Brian Boru wrote:You'll start getting your pay once the army marches.

Right.

She stares at your for a moment, then she boys in her in thanks and says, "Sir is too kind."

"Do good work, get good money. Besides, its not like I can't afford it."

She returns with one of her own.

See, everyone's happy... ish.

"Lucky is the man who can do both."

"Agreed."

It only takes about half a second (more or less) for the servants to be reminded just whose woman they're leering and the stares stop dead cold.

"You can glance covertly but leering is very rude."

When von Under's told of this, he's quick to promise to deal with the issue.

My thanks.

The looks stop though you get the sense that someone is glaring at you with impotent rage when the glarer thinks you aren't paying attention.

"Boy, I'm starting to believe I need to teach you a lesson about the treatment of women..."

The day of the muster arrives, nearly 1500 men from the surrounding villages and farmsteads as well as hardbitten mercenaries have gathered to go kick beastman ass.

Sounds nice.

Your first target is to be a herd nearly 1000 strong wandering to the North-west of Mittleweg, then the army will swing South through the forests in a great arc for roughly a month clearing out any and all traces of beast men before return to Mittleweg along the Altdorf-Middenheim road.

Thats... a lot of heads! $_$

You plan on taking Frieda?  Or have her stay here?

The point of having a servant is to have someone to cook your meals on the go. She comes with but she is Protected.

Either way it's several days before the hunters track down the ugly bastards, hiding up in a series of caverns.  von Uder is planning with his commanders and he asks you what you think would be the best way to use you.

"My suggestion... position the army between them and the woods. Then I'll attack from the rear, targeting the leadership and shamans before rolling up on their main battle line using a old growth oak tree as, in essence, a giant battering ram. I should be able to kill at least half of them before they can really form any coherent reaction. If I time this correctly then you can then counter charge into at worst, a force that has lost all coherence, at best a force that is in the midst of a full route... and frantically tearing TOWARDS your army to get away from the "monster" that's rampaging in their rear.

I grin and say, "That is certainly a relief to hear priest...you know would it be alright to ask for your name?  Seems a little rude to keep calling you by your occupation..."

"Heinrich Sholtz, the head priest of this temple"

I get the feeling it's the same dark cloaked individual that had been watching me when I first met up with Frederick's company.  Well either way I'll mention them to the priest to ask his opinion and ask for his permission to try and follow them the next time I spot them.  Depending on his answer and if he gives me the go ahead I'll follow the person until the two of us are fairly alone then with my speed and strength pin them to a wall or the ground if no wall is available, making sure not to kill them in the process.  Then I very politely but firmly ask, "Alright stranger, I've been seeing you watching me for days now and I'm pretty sure I saw you the day those zombies attacked me and my companions, so I'll ask once politely.  Just who are you and what are you doing?"  If I don't get an answer then I'll pull off the cowl to see who this person is.

You hear a cough and the figure pulls back her... yes her... cowl.

You see a very pretty women with short dark red hair and silver raven about her neck.

"My apologies, Father Sholtz asked me to keep an eye on you..."

You've seen her before, in passing. She's an initiate at the temple.

Damn, I'll see what I can do to apologize to them and their companions for not moving quick enough to prevent their injuries and infections and I say that I'll pray for their recoveries.  If they wonder why I care so much I say, "You didn't shoot me on sight.  That makes you good people to me."Sholtz

"It's not your fault. You weren't on watch and did your duty once you were awake."


I'll see what I can do though I can't make any promises until that Light Wizard checks me out.

How do you want to present this?

I'll ask as such with the Morr priest if he would allow me to help with the clearing out of the forest.  It would give me something to do and it would help nip a likely horrible problem in the bud before it became something requiring the entire province and with the elector count dead, that might be a problem.

He's a bit uncomfortable with letting you out of his sight to be honest...

Good my actions will depend on the responses above but when the Wizard arrives, I'll be sure to be as polite and agreeable with the man as possible.  Though if the decision is that I'm chaos tainted or my weapons are to be taken from me then I'm running and I ain't going to stop until I hit a dwarf hold.

What you are is INTERESTING. Not chaos, and not the winds of magic, but the faint signature... some divine touch...

And in other news he's sent for a High Priest of Ulric and a member of the Gold College.


Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Well you manage to close half the distance before the buck notices you and makes to run. You quick put that to rest by bolting out and with a sharp twist snap it's neck like a twig.

After a bit of trial and error you manage to butcher the meat and soon you have it roasting over a large fire. But right before you can bite into it properly a loud howling can be heard from the forest, seems that a wolf pack has smelled your supper.

Wait until they're closer, then answer with a howl of my own.

If they still come, engage in staredown with pack leader.


You manage to slink out of the thicket before the couple gets in, and by the sounds of it you might feel a little...dirty for using it once they leave.

If they use it that often, I wasn't going to stay there anyway.


It's a fairly standard Bretonnian settlement, dirt poor farmers, big noble knights and the like. You do spot a tavern on the edge of town. As for barracks, no luck though men-at-arms do occasionally leave the castle itself.

If you had to guess there might be 50-75 men at arms beholden to that castle along with the knight that rules the roost as well as about 5 or so knights errant under him.

About two or three days after your close encounter with the lovers there seems to be a huge fracas at the castle out of the gates a mounted rider flies out in what is obviously a mad attempt at escape. Behind him are the knight and most of the knights errant in full armor and giving chase. Looking closer you realize it's the knight errant you saw several nights ago. The road they're running along will soon go by and through your forest, do you interfere or let them by?

... what the hell, I'm feeling generous.

I make my way to the roadside and stay in concealment, letting the poor SOB by and once the pursuers are around ... letting loose a long, low, menacing growl to spook the horses.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by bzzt3421 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe, brace of throwing axes. 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, warkilt, furred leggings, sack with food.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Rank: Retainer

Brian Boru wrote:He'll see what he can do.

He's heard of the plants but he hasn't used them before, you have to buy them from Marienburg or the moot most times and the damn things are expensive, besides those things are from the new world and his brother, a survivor of a Lustria expedition claimed up and down that EVERYTHING from Lustria is deadly poisonous.  
... A world without ketchup. Well I just died a little inside. What will I slather everything with now!?!


The calm and professional way you dealt with that issue seems to have helped with your relations with the folk of the castle on a more personal level.
As a matter of fact you're in luck with that the Baron is planning an expeditionary force with a few Kislev nobles from the Western Oblast to deal with the beastmen and marauders wreaking havoc for the both of them.  It would be a pleasure if you would fight along with them. 
Sweet, time for a good test of what I've got. Grab Piet and the Wolves, and see about getting some armor


Last edited by bzzt3421 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Format problems)

bzzt3421

Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Ironforge on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Rank: bondsman

You do realize you're on a damn boat right?
OC: Yeah, but I know how to swim. Very Happy

Well you shock everyone when you leap off the boat with a running jump then with strokes so powerful you look like a powerboat plowing through the water you slam into the massive sea beast like a missile.  The beast howls in agony from the strike but before it can retaliate you continue your attack.  Your gauntlet crackles with the power of the storm and with one mighty blow you shatter it's skull.  Before it can sink to the bottom of the sea of claws you manage to lug the monstrous carcass back to the ships.  The people on board stare in awe at the destruction.  Unfortunately you have to soak the flesh of a sea serpent in salt for a week before it can be safely eaten so it might not be good anymore if they are forced to drag it for another couple of weeks over open ocean.

You might want to slice something off of it for a trophy.  The fangs of the beast are still intact.
Damn, and I really wanted to get a taste of this critter. But even if we do have to let this thing go I guess a few scales and teeth wouldn't be so bad for some trophies, though after I've taken what I wanted from the beast I tell the others they are welcome to take what they want from it before I throw it back. Then once everyone has taken what they want I throw the corpse back into the sea and well away from us before turn back to Tregyv slightly sad and say.

"Damn, how often does once get the chance to get a taste of sea serpent you know? As I was looking forward to seeing if it really does just taste like a large eel or if it had it's own flavor. But alas what are you going to do, you know. Though hopefully next time this happens I'll have some salt on hand.

So get anything good from the serpent mate, or did you pass up on that mate?"

An with that handled, I spent the rest of the trip hanging out with my friend and practicing my martial arts and control.
avatar
Ironforge

Posts : 259
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 7g


"You can glance covertly but leering is very rude."

Duly noted.

"Boy, I'm starting to believe I need to teach you a lesson about the treatment of women..."

"And why should I listen to you, you're just a mercernary thug my father is paying far too much for services that I doubt will ever be rendered."

Thats... a lot of heads! $_$

Nice to see you have your priorities straight.

The point of having a servant is to have someone to cook your meals on the go. She comes with but she is Protected.

Alright, and you make sure she sticks to like glue, considering how the mercs stare at her like bulls next to a milk farm.

"My suggestion... position the army between them and the woods. Then I'll attack from the rear, targeting the leadership and shamans before rolling up on their main battle line using a old growth oak tree as, in essence, a giant battering ram. I should be able to kill at least half of them before they can really form any coherent reaction. If I time this correctly then you can then counter charge into at worst, a force that has lost all coherence, at best a force that is in the midst of a full route... and frantically tearing TOWARDS your army to get away from the "monster" that's rampaging in their rear.

The commanders, who hadn't heard from anyone about your abilities snort in derision at your plan. They're gobsmacked when von Uder thinks about it then agrees whole heartedly.

The next morning the count's army is lined up in battle formation, horns, fifes, and drums pounding out commands and challenges towards the foe. The beastmen come out of their caves and line up ready to face the men of Middenland. But before either army can begin to close in you make your move. A pair of shamans had been begining to start up some foul ceremony when you leap off the rockface that the caves were set into and goomba stomp them. Killing them instantly. Then you lift up the giant club you'd made from that old-growth oak and with a single swing dispatch the Herd Lord. You might be able to scrape something up from the impact with a spatula. Don't worry about the bounty the call sign is pretty obvious. You then start swinging about with that massive club before the beastmen have enough and run. Unfortunately for them the only direction to run is into the solid Middenlander lines. With you behind and the Middenlanders in front, it's a complete slaughter not a one of the beasts get away.

When all is said in done you have a bounty of 119 gor and 268 ungor not including the shaman and the herd lord who normally are 10 shilling and 1 crown respectively.

"Heinrich Sholtz, the head priest of this temple"

"Then thank you for your understanding Father Sholtz." I nod my head in respect. Manners don't cost a damn thing but boy to they have influence.

You hear a cough and the figure pulls back her... yes her... cowl.

You see a very pretty women with short dark red hair and silver raven about her neck.

"My apologies, Father Sholtz asked me to keep an eye on you..."

You've seen her before, in passing. She's an initiate at the temple.

My eyes comically widen in horror and I pull away from her faster than if I'd just realized I was hugging a plague-bearer or was about to fuck a Slaneeshi daemonette.

"Oh damn I'm sorry about that miss, here let me help you." I pull her up off the ground or from the wall with all the care as if she were made of spun glass.

"My fault I shouldn't have done that to a woman. I hope you can forgive me." I bow my head and chest a hair and clasp my hands in supplication.

"It's not your fault. You weren't on watch and did your duty once you were awake."

"Still feel like I could have done more but thank-you for the vote of confidence Fredrick."

He's a bit uncomfortable with letting you out of his sight to be honest...

If I swore by all the gods and on my honor as a warrior that I would make every effort to return would that convince or if I promised to wait until at least until after the Light Wizard took a look at me before I went? If not then I'll acquiesce to his request, I'd be nervous myself about letting me get away if I were in his position.

What you are is INTERESTING. Not chaos, and not the winds of magic, but the faint signature... some divine touch...

And in other news he's sent for a High Priest of Ulric and a member of the Gold College.

Oh you've gotta be kidding me! In a relatively calm voice I ask, "And how long will that take?"

Whatever the answer I'll be sure to tell my woes to Frederick, and I'll finish off with, "And who's next? The Emperor? The Ar-Ulric? The Grand Theologian! GAH I just wanted to smash some undead skulls and get paid for it dammit!"

Rieverre wrote:Wait until they're closer, then answer with a howl of my own.

If they still come, engage in staredown with pack leader.

Well when your howl rumbles through the forest, there is dead silence then the sounds of yowling canines as the pack turns the other way.

If they use it that often, I wasn't going to stay there anyway.

Heh

... what the hell, I'm feeling generous.

I make my way to the roadside and stay in concealment, letting the poor SOB by and once the pursuers are around ... letting loose a long, low, menacing growl to spook the horses.

With a low throated rumble deeper than the biggest frost wolf of the fair north, the horses, though some of the bravest and best horses in the entire world, still shy away from you, slowing the persuers down long enough for the escapee to tear further and further down the road. The knight and the knights errant seem to be in argument, some including the knight want to ride down their prey. The others try to point out that anything that can growl like that is a far bigger concern than someone shaming their lord's daughter as distastful as that is.

Eventually the knight is convinced and with one last glare towards the road the diddler went turns back to the castle to prepare for a monster hunt.

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe, brace of throwing axes. 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, warkilt, furred leggings, sack with food.
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Rank: Retainer

... A world without ketchup. Well I just died a little inside. What will I slather everything with now!?!

....butter?

Sweet, time to work out some kinks. Grab Piet and wolves and let's go. Hmm, may need to get some armor.

Well maybe a big breastplate but other wise you'll break things.

Well it takes roughly a week before the Ostlanders ride out.

Either way you meet with the Kislevites near the border, one of the nobles is a Big bluff fellow with a cavalry saber and several pistols in his belt. The other and you blink at this is a young woman and a lovely one at that.



Ironforge wrote:Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Rank: bondsman

OC: Yeah, but I know how to swim. Very Happy

OOC: Well you did say run so...

Damn, and I really wanted to get a taste of this critter. But even if we do have to let this thing go I guess a few scales and teeth wouldn't be so bad for some trophies, though after I've taken what I wanted from the beast I tell the others they are welcome to take what they want from it before I throw it back. Then once everyone has taken what they want I throw the corpse back into the sea and well away from us before turn back to Tregyv slightly sad and say.

While tempting officially they can't unless they helped kill the beast.

"Damn, how often does once get the chance to get a taste of sea serpent you know? As I was looking forward to seeing it really does just taste like a large eel or if it had it's own flavor. But alas what are you going to do, you know. Though hopefully next time this happens I'll have some salt on hand.

They shake their heads at that, crazy nut, but hey you're their crazy nut.

An with that handled, I spent the rest of the trip hanging out with my friend and practicing my martial arts and control.

Roughly a week later you finally pull into port. The Jarl announces that a feast will be held tonight and the loot will be distributed according to merit. Anything you want to do before then?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Ironforge on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Rank: bondsman

While tempting officially they can't unless they helped kill the beast.
Well then that is easily solved, as I instead say that anyone can take a part of my kill as a gift for a job well done this raid. As good work should be reward.


Roughly a week later you finally pull into port. The Jarl announces that a feast will be held tonight and the loot will be distributed according to merit. Anything you want to do before then?
Just make sure Renee is ok and that she has been getting on alright, as well as getting the proper attention from the shield maidens like the Jarl said she would. While also having me and Tregyv stop in and say hi while offering if she would like to go to the feast with us.

After that I'll go check with the Jarl to see if he would like me to do anything before the feast or to help out, like maybe help unload the cargo and if he could recommend a crafter that could make something good/interesting from sea serpent fang and scale. An if so and the Jarl has nothing for me to do, I'll drop those things off with the crafter and let him decide what would be best to make before getting washed up and returning with my friends for the feast.


Last edited by Ironforge on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Ironforge

Posts : 259
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by bzzt3421 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes. 
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Rank: Retainer

....butter?
But that doesn't taste like tomatoes./whine Razz 

Well maybe a big breastplate but other wise you'll break things.
I was thinking more leather armor, then anything. Maybe pair of bracers. But a breastplate works. 

Well it takes roughly a week before the Ostlanders ride out.

Either way you meet with the Kislevites near the border, one of the nobles is a Big bluff fellow with a cavalry saber and several pistols in his belt.  The other and you blink at this is a young woman and a lovely one at that.

That is a surprising amount of makeup for medieval equivalent lady. If introduced, conduct myself properly. Find out who they are, and what their titles are.


Last edited by bzzt3421 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

bzzt3421

Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Well when your howl rumbles through the forest, there is dead silence then the sounds of yowling canines as the pack turns the other way.

I'll leave the offal and any bones and meat that are left after I've eaten and taken some cured meats along as supplies out for them.


With a low throated rumble deeper than the biggest frost wolf of the fair north, the horses, though some of the bravest and best horses in the entire world, still shy away from you, slowing the persuers down long enough for the escapee to tear further and further down the road. The knight and the knights errant seem to be in argument, some including the knight want to ride down their prey. The others try to point out that anything that can growl like that is a far bigger concern than someone shaming their lord's daughter as distastful as that is.

Eventually the knight is convinced and with one last glare towards the road the diddler went turns back to the castle to prepare for a monster hunt.

Follow the escaping knight at a trot - I should have gotten used to what I can do well enough to not demolish the landscape/forest when doing that by now.

I'm kind of interested in seeing what he does/where he ends up, and it's not as though I have anything better to do right now anyway.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 32g 16s

Brian Boru wrote:Duly noted.

Only a monster would ever deny a man his right to respectfully appreciate the female form.

Key word there boys. Remember it and you'll always be golden.

"And why should I listen to you, you're just a mercernary thug my father is paying far too much for services that I doubt will ever be rendered."

And you're simply an ignorant boy who just happened to win the daddy lottery.

Nice to see you have your priorities straight.

Lets be honest, its still fodder for me.

Alright, and you make sure she sticks to like glue, considering how the mercs stare at her like bulls next to a milk farm.

I'm going to have to buy her a dagger. And maybe some classes in weapons use. For both of us. I can't rely on JUST pure brute power.

The commanders, who hadn't heard from anyone about your abilities snort in derision at your plan.  They're gobsmacked when von Uder thinks about it then agrees whole heartedly.

I rock.

The next morning the count's army is lined up in battle formation, horns, fifes, and drums pounding out commands and challenges towards the foe.  The beastmen come out of their caves and line up ready to face the men of Middenland.  But before either army can begin to close in you make your move.  A pair of shamans had been begining to start up some foul ceremony when you leap off the rockface that the caves were set into and goomba stomp them.  Killing them instantly.

Plumber I'm not, but I can still clean out some nasty clogs! Very Happy

Then you lift up the giant club you'd made from that old-growth oak and with a single swing dispatch the Herd Lord.  You might be able to scrape something up from the impact with a spatula. Don't worry about the bounty the call sign is pretty obvious.

Heh.

You then start swinging about with that massive club before the beastmen have enough and run.  Unfortunately for them the only direction to run is into the solid Middenlander lines.  With you behind and the Middenlanders in front, it's a complete slaughter not a one of the beasts get away.

Cool, though I was thinking more I hold it at waist level and then simply charge down their flank at about 70mph mowing them down in line since they've been so kind as to form ranks...

Maybe next time.

When all is said in done you have a bounty of 119 gor and 268 ungor not including the shaman and the herd lord who normally are 10 shilling and 1 crown respectively.

What's the pay for time on duty? Should I throw in another 5 for a week?

And now that he's seen that I'm not all talk, does the boss have anything to say to me?

Well, besides the fact that I really am a solid deal! Very Happy

So, where's the next lot that needs to get hammered?

"Then thank you for your understanding Father Sholtz."  I nod my head in respect.  Manners don't cost a damn thing but boy to they have influence.

Oh indeed they do. He smiles at your politeness and thanks you for understanding as well.

My eyes comically widen in horror and I pull away from her faster than if I'd just realized I was hugging a plague-bearer or was about to fuck a Slaneeshi daemonette.

"Oh damn I'm sorry about that miss, here let me help you."  I pull her up off the ground or from the wall with all the care as if she were made of spun glass.

"My fault I shouldn't have done that to a woman.  I hope you can forgive me."  I bow my head and chest a hair and clasp my hands in supplication.

She flushes. "None the matter. Far gentler treatment than I've received from some men in the past," she mutters to herself. "And you had some reason to be suspicious I assume..."

"Still feel like I could have done more but thank-you for the vote of confidence Fredrick."

"You're only a man, no matter how brutishly strong you are."

If I swore by all the gods and on my honor as a warrior that I would make every effort to return would that convince or if I promised to wait until at least until after the Light Wizard took a look at me before I went?  If not then I'll acquiesce to his request, I'd be nervous myself about letting me get away if I were in his position.

The young lady you accosted before cuts in, "Mind if I keep an eye on him?"

"Are you sure?"

She nods. "If anyone can keep me safe in those woods it would be him..."

Oh you've gotta be kidding me!  In a relatively calm voice I ask, "And how long will that take?"

"Several more weeks."

Whatever the answer I'll be sure to tell my woes to Frederick, and I'll finish off with, "And who's next?  The Emperor?  The Ar-Ulric? The Grand Theologian!  GAH  I just wanted to smash some undead skulls and get paid for it dammit!"

"You're interesting boy, just be glad they're not trying to burn you alive."


Last edited by Psyckosama on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Aceraptor on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing

Brian Boru wrote:They turns their heads back to you, faces irked that they were interrupted, then your words register in their minds and after another minute of talking they nod.  "You are right the message must be sent out.  Kyra, you've been with this human longer than anyone else and you are a respectible mage in your own right.  We have decided that you will act as messenger to the Nordland humans as well as our cousins in Marianburg and Athel Loren.  We will give you a message signed by all of us telling of this young human's story as well as a call to prepare for the greatest war of our time."

Kyra turns out to be the lady mage you came here with.  She nods and says that it would be her honor.

Very good, they are taking this very seriously thankfully.

They then turn to you, "As for you, we will let you leave but we would ask that you act as a guardian and as verification of the message we are sending out.  Would you do this?"  Kyra's eyes bulge in shock when she realizes she might have to be with you for a ridiculous amount of time and while you are better than most of your kind in her eyes for the simple fact of your unique abilities and actions you STILL ARE human....

Heh, Kyra's reaction is typical elf.

I bow slightly. "I will do it. For this must succeed if we are to defeat the enemy without ruinous costs."

With that, I assume that we head out of here to the Nordland capital, then to the Wood Elf strongholds.

Aceraptor

Posts : 173
Join date : 2013-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by afterthought53 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Name: Visorex Skarin
             Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
             Money: 144 Gold, 1 silver, 2 copper

             Army: 2 Heavy Infantry, 2 Archers
             Assets: 2 Riding Horse


"Oh we are, especially to warriors of your caliber, but you must see it from our point of view, we have met nothing like you as far as we know.  You confuse many and while William Gisoux is a true knight and grateful host he is something of an exception.  Your strength has many concerned that you may be touched by dark forces.  My sworn duty is to protect the lands of the Lady and her people in any way I can from such and if I seem rude doing so then I do apologize.  I think however I could assuage such concerns if you would allow me to cast a small detection spell just to see for sure.  I promise either way the spell will not harm you."
"By all means cast your spell, though I warn you that I do not take kindly to any attempts at binding. You may cast your detection spell and I welcome it. Even if it causes minor damage, I will not take exception. However, I warn you that any attempts to bind my will or influence my mind will be met with a fury unlike any you've ever seen." Thus with my condition made clear I will ask if she wants to perform her ritual here in front of all or if she would like to move somewhere else, it makes no difference to me.
avatar
afterthought53

Posts : 49
Join date : 2013-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Ironforge wrote:Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Rank: bondsman


Well then that is easily solved, as I instead say that anyone can take a part of my kill as a gift for a job well done this raid. As good work should be reward.

Curse the stiff necks of Norscan but none of them go for it.

Just make sure Renee is ok and that she has been getting on alright, as well as getting the proper attention from the shield maidens like the Jarl said she would. While also having me and Tregyv stop in and say hi while offering if she would like to go to the feast with us.

She seems to be doing alright so far though she REALLY doesn't want to part with you. When you bring her to the hall of the unattached Shieldmaidens, they take one look at her and start laughing their asses off.

After that I'll go check with the Jarl to see if he would like me to do anything before the feast or to help out, like maybe help unload the cargo and if he could recommend a crafter that could make something good/interesting from sea serpent fang and scale. An if so and the Jarl has nothing for me to do, I'll drop those things off with the crafter and let him decide what would be best to make before getting washed up and returning with my friends for the feast.

Not really you've done more than enough. And he suggests the services of Ulli.

Well you might be able to make a cloak with the hide. or carve a drinking horn from the fangs though it'd be small more to look pretty than be actually used to your standard swilling.

Either way that evening you're given the seat of honor next to the Jarl and his closest companions. The feasting is wonderful and the drinks never ends. Finally at the end of the night the Jarl rises and begins divvying out the wealth.

600 gc of livestock had been eaten before you left which still left 10500 gc of loot to give out.

The jarl announces that thanks to your contributions to the raid you are now officially released from the debt to the family of the man you killed. Also he talked with them and other than the official wergild, the rest of the loot you won you'll keep to use however you see fit. So 1950 gc in loot congrats man. He also offers you the honor of being one of his houseguard.


bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes. 
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Rank: Retainer

But that doesn't taste like tomatoes./whine Razz

I know, it hurts I love ketchup as well but learn to live with it. 

I was thinking more leather armor, then anything. Maybe pair of bracers. But a breastplate works.

Kool 

That is a surprising amount of makeup for medieval equivalent lady. If introduced, conduct myself properly. Find out who they are, and what their titles are.

No one likes a smartalec man...

Either way you introduce yourself as a retainer of Heintz. The two other nobles look you over the older man, a big fellow named, Vladislav Gritsenko remarks that you look more like a marauder than anything else.

The young lady, who you learn is named, Feodora Zagorinskaya, doesn't deride you but neither does she comment other than to greet Heintz and yourself.


Rieverre wrote:I'll leave the offal and any bones and meat that are left after I've eaten and taken some cured meats along as supplies out for them.

The wolves eat well.

Follow the escaping knight at a trot - I should have gotten used to what I can do well enough to not demolish the landscape/forest when doing that by now.

I'm kind of interested in seeing what he does/where he ends up, and it's not as though I have anything better to do right now anyway.

You follow the young man as he gallops this time moving through the forest much more quietly and carefully. Eventually the young knight seems to slow down and under a large oak tree he dismounts and tries to light a fire with a few sticks he found. Failing at this miserably.

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 32g 16s


Brian Boru wrote:Only a monster would ever deny a man his right to respectfully appreciate the female form.

Key word there boys. Remember it and you'll always be golden.

Oh they will.

And you're simply an ignorant boy who just happened to win the daddy monopoly.

That has the expected reaction, he puffs up, turns red and demands a duel tomorrow.

Lets be honest, its still fodder for me.

True

I'm going to have to buy her a dagger. And maybe some classes in weapons use. For both of us. I can't rely on JUST pure brute power.

Well you know how to use that ax and sword. As for a dagger there's a blacksmith marching with the army selling daggers for 5 pence.

Plumber I'm not, but I can still clean out some nasty clogs! Very Happy

HA!

Cool, though I was thinking more I hold it at waist level and then simply charge down their flank at about 70mph mowing them down in line since they've been so kind as to form ranks...

Maybe next time.

Ah.

What's the pay for time on duty? Should I throw in another 5 for a week?

Payday was the day after the fight.

And now that he's seen that I'm not all talk, does the boss have anything to say to me?

Other than holy fuck you're worth every farthing not really.

So, where's the next lot that needs to get hammered?

The plan now is to start arcing south to clear out any more herds or herdstones that they come across.

For the next week the army continues it march with little fanfare. Then a scout comes in to speak to the count, shouting about a trio of herdstones gathered together. That and at leat 6000 beast men and maybe a score of minotaurs cavorting on the top of a large hill.

Oh indeed they do. He smiles at your politeness and thanks you for understanding as well.

heh heh

She flushes. "None the matter. Far gentler treatment than I've received from some men in the past," she mutters to herself. "And you had some reason to be suspicious I assume..."

I grimace at what could be considered far rougher than what I did. But I don't comment and tell her that when I ran into Frederick and his men and while we were fighting with the zombies I kept noticing a figure in a dark hooded cloak watching from the edge of the forest. I never investigated because being shot at didn't sound like my idea of fun but when I noticed a dark hooded figure watching me train I got a little suspicious. I apologize again for the accidental rough treatment.

"Oh I don't think I got your name. Mine is (retcon) Skarin Beowulfsen, formerly of the Border Princes and before that the lands of the Baersonlings in Norsca. And your's is?"

"You're only a man, no matter how brutishly strong you are."

I thank him and clap him on the shoulder, "You're a good man Fredrick."

The young lady you accosted before cuts in, "Mind if I keep an eye on him?"

"Are you sure?"

She nods. "If anyone can keep me safe in those woods it would be him..."

I nod, "By my honor and that of my kin I promise to keep the young woman safe at all costs. May Olric strike me down if I do otherwise." If that's what it takes for me to start murderizing the undead I'll do with a smile, I'm getting a little sir crazy here. I was about to start juggling wagons just to pass the time.

"Several more weeks."

My eye twitches a bit but I calm down and say, "Very well then, several weeks it is."

"You're interesting boy, just be glad they're not trying to burn you alive."

"True thank the gods for little miracles I guess."

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 12 Gold, 4 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Villager clothing


Very good, they are taking this very seriously thankfully.

THAT much doom and destruction out of someone as worldly as you? Hell yes they're going to pay attention to that.

Heh, Kyra's reaction is typical elf.

I bow slightly. "I will do it. For this must succeed if we are to defeat the enemy without ruinous costs."

They nod in return, "You have our thanks."

With that, I assume that we head out of here to the Nordland capital, then to the Wood Elf strongholds.

The trip itself is fairly quick, the both of you able to travel ground much faster than a normal pair of human would have been able to but for the entire trip she gives you the stone wall treatment, no talking, not interaction not even eyecontact. Unless you try and break the ice yourself.

afterthought53 wrote:Name: Visorex Skarin
             Rune Items: Bastard Sword, Bearded Axe
             Money: 144 Gold, 1 silver, 2 copper

             Army: 2 Heavy Infantry, 2 Archers
             Assets: 2 Riding Horse

"By all means cast your spell, though I warn you that I do not take kindly to any attempts at binding. You may cast your detection spell and I welcome it. Even if it causes minor damage, I will not take exception. However, I warn you that any attempts to bind my will or influence my mind will be met with a fury unlike any you've ever seen." Thus with my condition made clear I will ask if she wants to perform her ritual here in front of all or if she would like to move somewhere else, it makes no difference to me.

She seems to think on it for a moment, then with a small chanting and a feeling of the hair on the back of your neck rising for a second, then falling you feel nothing else. She seems to be true to her word. It only examined you. She's silent for a while in contemplation then she says, "You are clean Sir Skarin, Chaos, nor any other dark power touches you...though there is something there that I've never sensed before, it makes me think of a wolf for some reason...."
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:29 pm

You follow the young man as he gallops this time moving through the forest much more quietly and carefully. Eventually the young knight seems to slow down and under a large oak tree he dismounts and tries to light a fire with a few sticks he found. Failing at this miserably.

Hrm ...

I'll wait until he's good and frustrated with that, coming closer from downwind so the horse doesn't scent me.

"You look like you're needing some help with that. Or did the kindling do anything in particular to offend you, given how viciously you've been punishing it?"
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 37g 16s

Brian Boru wrote:Oh they will.

That has the expected reaction, he puffs up, turns red and demands a duel tomorrow.

I inform the lord that his son has challenged me to a duel. I intend to teach him some humility and to remind him that one should be mindful of their foes.

Better he learn it from someone who doesn't want to hurt him than on a battlefield against someone who'd like nothing better than to remove his head and turn it into a sippy cup.

True

Well you know how to use that ax and sword.  As for a dagger there's a blacksmith marching with the army selling daggers for 5 pence.

Done. I'll also look into a pistol.

Payday was the day after the fight.

Added.

Other than holy fuck you're worth every farthing not really.

"I told you you'd be pleased with my efforts."

The plan now is to start arcing south to clear out any more herds or herdstones that they come across.

Works for me.

For the next week the army continues it march with little fanfare.

Right. Another 5 crowns?

Then a scout comes in to speak to the count, shouting about a trio of herdstones gathered together.

That and at leat 6000 beast men and maybe a score of minotaurs cavorting on the top of a large hill.

I have a plan. How does he feel about a night attack?

Get them in their beds. I'll jump into the middle of their camp and cause as much carnage and sheer bloody havoc as is physically possible.

Though I'll need as much lamp oil and gunpowder as he's willing to spare.

You surround the base while I basically slaughter everything I can touch.

I intend to start by bombarding them with oil and gunpowder to create initial havoc before simply killing everything I can touch.


I grimace at what could be considered far rougher than what I did.

Wanna ask about it? ;p

But I don't comment and tell her that when I ran into Frederick and his men and while we were fighting with the zombies I kept noticing a figure in a dark hooded cloak watching from the edge of the forest.  I never investigated because being shot at didn't sound like my idea of fun but when I noticed a dark hooded figure watching me train I got a little suspicious.  I apologize again for the accidental rough treatment.

She accepts it and says you should have mentioned that to the father!

"Oh I don't think I got your name.  Mine is (retcon) Skarin Beowulfsen, formerly of the Border Princes and before that the lands of the Baersonlings in Norsca.  And your's is?"

"Sister Cosmina Petrescu, thankfully no longer of Sylvania."

I thank him and clap him on the shoulder, "You're a good man Fredrick."

"No, I'm just a man. Seen and done too much to be a good one."

I nod, "By my honor and that of my kin I promise to keep the young woman safe at all costs.  May Olric strike me down if I do otherwise."  If that's what it takes for me to start murderizing the undead I'll do with a smile, I'm getting a little sir crazy here.  I was about to start juggling wagons just to pass the time.

"Be careful. The young lady seems to attract vampires like flies to honey."

She shudders and twitches slightly.

My eye twitches a bit but I calm down and say, "Very well then, several weeks it is."

Lets wait for your adventure with the Initiate to finish.

"True thank the gods for little miracles I guess."

He laughs. "Indeed. In the north they'd have already assembled the witchhunters!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by bzzt3421 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes. 
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Rank: Retainer
Brian Boru wrote:I know, it hurts I love ketchup as well but learn to live with it. 
Sad

Kool 

No one likes a smartalec man...
Smile

Either way you introduce yourself as a retainer of Heintz.  The two other nobles look you over the older man, a big fellow named, Vladislav Gritsenko remarks that you look more like a marauder than anything else.

The young lady, who you learn is named, Feodora Zagorinskaya, doesn't deride you but neither does she comment other than to greet Heintz and yourself.

"You can't help where you're born, or who you're born too. You can decide on who you are, and how you act. I hope my actions in the coming battle, prove to you who I am, Lord Gritsenko." 

So what's the plan of attack? And where am I situated?

bzzt3421

Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Ironforge on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Rank: bondsman
Wealth: 1950 GP in loot/coin

Curse the stiff necks of Norscan but none of them go for it.
Well I tried, but I guess I just have to make sure next time they get a chance to join in. 

She seems to be doing alright so far though she REALLY doesn't want to part with you.
"Don't worry Renee, I know you can handle what is to come and with it the power to find that family you want and the power to protect. So trust me, even though things will be hard for a while they will all be worth it." I say while smiling to her to help give her more confidence in herself.

When you bring her to the hall of the unattached Shieldmaidens, they take one look at her and start laughing their asses off.
Understanding there humor at what is asked of them with this lady and knowing how it might effect Reene. I place my hand on here shoulder and talk to the gathered maidens here with a clear and firm voice."Well she may not look much now, but know there is much fire to work with here and that even untrained and weak as ladies of her home are. She was able to keep pace with our bands pace on foot for 2 days with arms and then fell one of 6 warriors that came to savage her. So I ask of you daughters of the true north, take that fire and forge it into something of quality and I promise you she will do you all proud an give you pride to name her sister." 

Not really you've done more than enough. And he suggests the services of Ulli.

Well you might be able to make a cloak with the hide. or carve a drinking horn from the fangs though it'd be small more to look pretty than be actually used to your standard swilling.
Well then make that cloak with the scales. But as for the fangs, I'll have one made into a drinking horn with orders for it to be inlaid gold and silver in the a runic style to make it a horn worthy of a Jarl. An as for the other I'll have him carve a serpent figure from it and attached it to a silver chain to make fine necklace out of it. Then after that I'll ask him if he could point me in the direction of a fine tailor and how long this will take and how much this will cost.

The jarl announces that thanks to your contributions to the raid you are now officially released from the debt to the family of the man you killed. Also he talked with them and other than the official wergild, the rest of the loot you won you'll keep to use however you see fit. So 1950 gc in loot congrats man. He also offers you the honor of being one of his houseguard.
"I thank you for the honor my Jarl, and I'll make sure to serve with all the honor a houseguard should have. Though I must ask now with this new rank do I still live in your halls or can I move out and make my own home in your lands?" I say while giving the Jarl his due respect.
avatar
Ironforge

Posts : 259
Join date : 2012-12-21
Location : somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Rieverre wrote:Hrm ...

I'll wait until he's good and frustrated with that, coming closer from downwind so the horse doesn't scent me.

"You look like you're needing some help with that. Or did the kindling do anything in particular to offend you, given how viciously you've been punishing it?"

He jerks up at your appearence, pulling out his sword... "Who are you stranger, be warned I am Mortimer Bruyas a knight errant of the Lady, if mean I'll I will not hesitate to run you through."

Psyckosama wrote:Name: Not Yet Chosen
Rune items: Sword and Axe (with lesser Daggers)
Faction: ME!
Leader: ME!
Money: 37g 16s


I inform the lord that his son has challenged me to a duel. I intend to teach him some humility and to remind him that one should be mindful of their foes.

Better he learn it from someone who doesn't want to hurt him than on a battlefield against someone who'd like nothing better than to remove his head and turn it into a sippy cup.

von Uden sighs, just don't cripple him is his only comment.

Done. I'll also look into a pistol.

Oddly enough there's an armsman seller with several guns available as well he has a nice relatively reliable pistol for a crown and 4 shillings or maybe you'd be interested in this repeater pistol for 2 crowns and 7 shillings expensive but of the finest quality, all the way from Nuln.

Right. Another 5 crowns?

yup

I have a plan. How does he feel about a night attack?


Beastmen see better in the dark than men or at least their sense of smell seems to make up for it. Though dawn or dusk, when the light is funny for the ugly bastards would be a better bet.

Get them in their beds. I'll jump into the middle of their camp and cause as much carnage and sheer bloody havoc as is physically possible.

Though I'll need as much lamp oil and gunpowder as he's willing to spare.

You surround the base while I basically slaughter everything I can touch.

I intend to start by bombarding them with oil and gunpowder to create initial havoc before simply killing everything I can touch.

Despite even more insanity coming out of your mouth, considering the success of the previous fight, the count is willing to hear you out.

Latter that dusk he manages to scrounge up enough powder and oil for a baker's dozen of barrels.

When the time comes you hurl the lit barrels with shocking accuracy, when the booms roar out through the evening air.

You then plow your way up the side of the hill and when you reach the top, you see a vision like out of a nightmare. Hundreds of Beastmen are screaming and running around in agony their bodies mangled by the explosions. When you're spotted the brutes now have something to focus their rage on. The poor poor bastards, by the time the fighting is done you've personally killed easily 1500 beast men, and all of the minotaurs. It was a fucking carnage...now what to do about those herdstones...

wanna ask about it? ;p

I give her a look, "What on earth could make me slamming you into the ground and interrogate you look gentle in comparison?" Then I realize what I was just saying..."If you don't mind me asking."

She accepts it and says you should have mentioned that to the father!

"Sorry, I only remembered it when I noticed you."

"Sister Cosmina Petrescu, thankfully no longer of Sylvania."

I raise an eyebrow "Sylvania...eesh my sympathies."

"No, I'm just a man. Seen and done too much to be a good one."

"You didn't shoot me in the face when you had every right to. That makes you good in my books." I joke.

"Be careful. The young lady seems to attract vampires like flies to honey."

She shudders and twitches slightly.

I raise an eyebrow..."That sounds like there is a story there Father?"

Lets wait for your adventure with the Initiate to finish.

Alright.

He laughs. "Indeed. In the north they'd have already assembled the witchhunters!"

"HAH! Very true there."

bzzt3421 wrote:Name: Alexander 'Askeladd' Skarin
Rune Weapons: Bastard Sword and Norse feathered axe 
Coin: 1 silver, 20 coppers
Equipment: Shirt, combat harness, war-kilt, furred leggings, empty sack, brace of throwing axes. 
Faction: Empire: Ostland: Baron Heintz
Rank: Retainer


"You can't help where you're born, or who you're born too. You can decide on who you are, and how you act. I hope my actions in the coming battle, prove to you who I am, Lord Gritsenko." 

"Hmph...we shall see."

So what's the plan of attack? And where am I situated?

Well the plan at the moment is to prepare an ambush on the trails where the marauders are using to get in and out of the area. Once one is found the plan is to wait for the marauders to attempt to use it and then fall on them with extreme prejudice.

Ironforge wrote:Ironforge wrote:Name: Cameron the Wanderer
Rune items: Gauntlets and Greaves
Faction: Tribe Bjornlings
Leader: Jarl Igvar Bloodscreamer
Rank: bondsman
Wealth: 1950 GP in loot/coin


Well I tried, but I guess I just have to make sure next time they get a chance to join in. 

Heh

"Don't worry Reene, I know you can handle what is to come and with it the power to find that family you want and the power to protect. So trust me, even though things will be hard for a while they will all be worth it." I say while smiling to her to help give her more confidence in herself.

She smiles at your vote of confidence though there are occasional wistful looks from her when she thinks you're not looking.

Understand there humor at what is asked of them with this lady and knowing how it might effect Reene. I place my hand on here shoulder and talk to the gathered maidens here with a clear and firm voice."Well she may not look much now, but know there is much fire to work with here and that even untrained and weak as ladies of home are. She was able to keep pace with our bands pace on foot for 2 days with arms and then fell one of 6 warriors that came to savage her. So I ask of you daughters of the true north, take that fire and forge it into something of quality and I promise you she will do you all proud an give you pride to name her sister."

The eldest among them, probably 26 at the most looks you over then in your eyes, then she snorts and says, "Alright but if she breaks like an egg don't be surprised. Personally I don't think she worth the effort." The look she gives you as well as the 5 other women watching gives you a strong hint where your...effort... should be focused on. Seriously she's six inches shorter than the shortest of them and at least 30 lbs. lighter. 

Well then make that cloak with the scales. But as for the fangs, I'll have one made into a drinking horn with orders for it to be inlaid gold and silver in the a runic style to make it a horn worthy of a Jarl. An as for the other I'll have him carve a serpent figure from it and attached it to a silver chain to make fine necklace out of it. Then after that I'll ask him if he could point me in the direction of a fine tailor and how long this will take and how much this will cost.

Give him a week and they should be ready.

"I thank you for the honor my Jarl, and I'll make sure to serve with all the honor a houseguard should have. Though I must ask now with this new rank do I still live in your halls or can I move out and make my own home in your lands?" I say while giving the Jarl his due respect.

He smiles and says that if it is wartime then all the houseguard are expected to be armed and ready at all times, otherwise they cycle out on a weekly basis.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum