You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: You in the Warhammer world with a twist Alternate Thread

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I raise an eyebrow.

Cursing that mad god, this is likely his fault.

"I've learned to simply smile and nod when magic is involved. Double so in the matters of gods. Regardless, I'm the child of your blood but not of your body."

"Family then, but not parent and child? I could do that I don't know anything of being a mother, and I doubt you truly need one now anyway."

I smile. "But allow me to greet you in the proper way. We both carry the Dragonblood and I do believe that in the way of dragons its the elder who initiates the greeting. Tasting eachothers Thu'um should remove all doubt."

Grin and nod.

I wait for your Yol then reply with my own. As we're not trying to kill eachother it should not be damaging.

Her Yol feels much older and refined. Yours, according to her, isn't nearly as strong but has great potential.

She's impressed. She asks your name and where you came from before you came to this dream.

Name: Skarin Beowulfsson
Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Equipment: Towershield and Spiked Battle-ax
Cash: 6989 GC 18 ss
Affiliation: Formerly Cult of Morr, currently of the Cult of Ulric
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

Yep. Expect much wrangling over the fine print.

Lovely....but I go over it with a fine tooth comb before agreeing to anything.

Cosmina is a bit put off but she gets it... you're still marrying her, right?

Of course I am, that was never a doubt ever. She's a wonderful brave woman and I've never been happier than when I've been with her.

As for the ar-Ulric he's going to have to meditate and research.

Alright.

His smile is downright evil. Though it brings up an issue. When you have your heirs he'd like you to split your holdings between them. Having one single line that powerful would be dangerous to the empire's stability.

"I was already thinking about that problem and I had come to the same conclusion that you did."

Actually he's already had it planned. Though they'd like you to wait for the wedding. The Temples of Moor and Ulric have something grand in the works.

I nod and agree to wait, while I mention to Cosmina the news.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:52 pm

Vargr Skarin

Gear: The usual, hunting spears, sling and a bag of metal shot, boar-hide cloak

Loot: all of 14 silver's worth to his name

Brian Boru wrote:She agrees with you, the folk of Larret take pride in being worldly and being a part of Bretonnia, interestingly she doesn't hold the same disdain of the forest folk that many others from Larret seem to hold.  She understands that when would they have ever had the chance to see or hear about the wider world in that forest of theirs.

"Most wouldn't be so understanding. Would that be why, among all these chivalrous knights of Artois, none have quite managed to make their way to at least brighten a visiting young lady's evening?"
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Cursing that mad god, this is likely his fault.

"Which mad god? There are many."

"Family then, but not parent and child?  I could do that I don't know anything of being a mother, and I doubt you truly need one now anyway."

"If you feel insist. Though I do honor you as a mother still. But it is pleasing to finally meet you regardless."

Grin and nod.

Returned smile.

Her Yol feels much older and refined.  Yours, according to her, isn't nearly as strong but has great potential.

"I consumed my first dragon only months ago. You're infinitely more experienced. In mastery of the voice I'd put myself at not significantly more advanced than she was right after eating Sahloknir.

She's impressed.  She asks your name and where you came from before you came to this dream.

I tell her almost everything.

Including how I got here. I got stinking drunk after drinking an entire bar, lead 30 equally sloashed Norskins and the Sigmar Reborn in a chorus of the Dovahkiin song because it felt like a good idea at the time, and came to in the mist.

I'm a little confused as to what is going on.

Titles: Future Elector Count of the Westerlands and Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.
Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).
Other Gear: Book on Imperial History, book on Ulrician cult, man carrying gear, noble outfit in Northern Style

Lovely....but I go over it with a fine tooth comb before agreeing to anything.  

At this point, there were lawyers send specfically for this reason.

Of course I am, that was never a doubt ever.  She's a wonderful brave woman and I've never been happier than when I've been with her.

Good. She was nervous for a moment.

"I was already thinking about that problem and I had come to the same conclusion that you did."

Very good.

I nod and agree to wait, while I mention to Cosmina the news.

She knows. She thought you already did.

Anyways, you're given a massive parade through the center of the city. After which you are made Count of the Westerlands, Lord-Protector of Marrienburg, and Elector of the Empire.

The following party is lavish to put it gently.

Later on you're introduced in private to a strong, tall, strapping young lad. His name is Valten. Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Name: Marcus Raynor
Coin: 211 Gold, 3 Silver
Rune Items: Bastard sword, battle axe
Apparel: Fine Utilitarian Bretonnian clothing
Companion: Wood Elf Mage Kyra
Misc: One Manticore corpse

Brian Boru wrote:It's a wild party and you have a great time.  The next morning the two of you head out towards the North again.  Feed, watered and some more supplies for the road.  You also drag the carcass of the Manticore behind you.  Roll one more d100 before getting to Nuln.

Right, let's see what we run into on the way.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:59 pm

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 51

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:32 am

Rieverre wrote:Vargr Skarin

"Most wouldn't be so understanding. Would that be why, among all these chivalrous knights of Artois, none have quite managed to make their way to at least brighten a visiting young lady's evening?"

That and many forest girls are much more...forward than their counterparts outside of the forest, starved for companionship and potential partners when at home, they leap at these meets with two hands. That and ...blushing, she’s just not that good at socializing.

Psyckosama wrote:"Which mad god? There are many."

Sheogorath.

"If you feel insist. Though I do honor you as a mother still. But it is pleasing to finally meet you regardless."

She nods and says that it is pleasing as well, her kin are long gone from the world of Tamriel and she is pleased that a continuation of that line exists somewhere.

"I consumed my first dragon only months ago. You're infinitely more experienced. In mastery of the voice I'd put myself at not significantly more advanced than she was right after eating Sahloknir.

She nods, only makes sense, she remembers her first shout. She wasn’t planted right and she actually threw herself backwards.

I tell her almost everything.

Including how I got here. I got stinking drunk after drinking an entire bar, lead 30 equally sloashed Norskins and the Sigmar Reborn in a chorus of the Dovahkiin song because it felt like a good idea at the time, and came to in the mist.

I'm a little confused as to what is going on.

Her eyes widen and she stares at you a bit, even gaming her shouts she wouldn’t have been as physically able as what you described. But she nods in approval at all you’ve done for the world of the best tumble she ever had in her life.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee; Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris).

At this point, there were lawyers send specifically for this reason.

Ah...good then.

Good. She was nervous for a moment.

Never fear that.

Very good.

“Though of course I’ll be needing to be making some heirs for that of course. I might need to get on that eventually.” I laugh at the humor.

She knows. She thought you already did.

Ah, never mind.

Anyways, you're given a massive parade through the center of the city. After which you are made Count of the Westerlands, Lord-Protector of Marrienburg, and Elector of the Empire.

I thank him for the honor, and swear that me and my blood will defend the Realm Sigmar founded all those years ago to the last breath and the last drop of blood.

The following party is lavish to put it gently.

I plan on drinking a few folks under the table for larffs, and meeting the high and mighty that show up, a new elector count has to be a huge event. Specifically I look out for the Elector Count of Stirland as my next campaign will be the wedding gift as I privately call it.

Later on you're introduced in private to a strong, tall, strapping young lad. His name is Valten. Wink

Smiling I exclaim loudly, “Ah! So we finally meet! Skarin Beowulfsson, lord of the Drakwald, Count of the Westerlands, Lord-Protector of Marienburg, and Elector of the Empire. But you can call me Skarin.” I shake his hand and clap him on the shoulder. “So you’re Valten then right? Pleasure to meet you, I hope you’re enjoying Altdorf yes?”

Once the pleasantries are done with I get down to what Valten needs with me. I’ll ask him to punch me. Hard as he can, I ain’t going to be irrevocably damaged so its alright. Go ahead. Once he does and I pick myself back up I grin. “You’d have to find a Greater Demon to lay a lick on me like that elsewhere lad. You have incredible potential likely as much as I do. The thing is we need to make sure that you can come into that might and know how to use it, that’s where I’ll come in. I’ll be acting as an instructor and guardian, to get you used to what you can do though save your ass if the need arises.”

As for instruction, I feel that nothing beats the basics, basics being beating down on some orcs. Specifically the orcs holding the black crag and hold that dwarf king’s family hostage. We’ll be doing some clearing out so to speak. We’ll also be going to Everpeak to give our respects to the High King Thorgrim and see if we can get a certain suit of armor that might fit you fairly well. What do you say lad? A mad grin is on my face the entire time.

Aceraptor wrote:Name: Marcus Raynor

Right, let's see what we run into on the way.

About halfway between Wissenburg and Pfieldor, in the hills before the old capital, you hearing a hundreds of chittering voices….from under you….
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:Sheogorath.

"He's a pain in the ass, but he has his moments. I kind of pity him though. He goes and helps end the oblivion crisis and what is his reward? Becomes the mad god."

She nods and says that it is pleasing as well, her kin are long gone from the world of Tamriel and she is pleased that a continuation of that line exists somewhere.

"Isn't the current line of emperors descended from your line?"

She nods, only makes sense, she remembers her first shout.  She wasn’t planted right and she actually threw herself backwards.

"Ah. Yeah. You'd just helped bring down the big bastard at the watchtower, were reeling from eating his soul and accidentally Fused yourself onto your ass. I heard about that one."

Her eyes widen and she stares at you a bit, even gaming her shouts she wouldn’t have been as physically able as what you described.  But she nods in approval at all you’ve done for the world of the best tumble she ever had in her life.

"I have the advantage of god's blood. It's a bit of a cheat. Personally I'm in awe of your accomplishments and mastery of the voice."

I smirk. "I wish you could come back with me. The Empire could use another epic hero and I'm sure you could teach them all a couple things."

Ah...good then.

The emperor is a wise man and knowith his shit.

“Though of course I’ll be needing to be making some heirs for that of course.  I might need to get on that eventually.”  I laugh at the humor.

"From what I've heard its not for lack of effort."

I thank him for the honor, and swear that me and my blood will defend the Realm Sigmar founded all those years ago to the last breath and the last drop of blood.

He has no doubt.

The cheers are loud and many.

d100

I plan on drinking a few folks under the table for larffs, and meeting the high and mighty that show up, a new elector count has to be a huge event.  Specifically I look out for the Elector Count of Stirland as my next campaign will be the wedding gift as I privately call it.  

He listens to you and gives you his blessing. Frankly he'd be happy to have that canker sore and humiliation off of his ass.

Smiling I exclaim loudly, “Ah!  So we finally meet!  Skarin Beowulfsson, lord of the Drakwald, Count of the Westerlands, Lord-Protector of Marienburg, and Elector of the Empire.  But you can call me Skarin.”  I shake his hand and clap him on the shoulder.  “So you’re Valten then right?  Pleasure to meet you, I hope you’re enjoying Altdorf yes?”

He smiles. "Yes sir. Thank you. I'm told you're the one who told them about.. me?"

Once the pleasantries are done with I get down to what Valten needs with me.  I’ll ask him to punch me.  Hard as he can, I ain’t going to be irrevocably damaged so its alright.  Go ahead.  Once he does and I pick myself back up I grin.

Actually he does manage to knock you down and make you BLEED. Which causes everyone in the room to go silent. They've seen you take maces to the head with out a bruise and he just split your lip.

“You’d have to find a Greater Demon to lay a lick on me like that elsewhere lad.  You have incredible potential likely as much as I do.  The thing is we need to make sure that you can come into that might and know how to use it, that’s where I’ll come in.  I’ll be acting as an instructor and guardian, to get you used to what you can do though save your ass if the need arises.”

He'll look forward to learning from you.

As for instruction, I feel that nothing beats the basics, basics being beating down on some orcs.  Specifically the orcs holding the black crag and hold that dwarf king’s family hostage.  We’ll be doing some clearing out so to speak.  We’ll also be going to Everpeak to give our respects to the High King Thorgrim and see if we can get a certain suit of armor that might fit you fairly well.  What do you say lad?  A mad grin is on my face the entire time.

He's up for it.

Though they said something about a hammer? They've sent out the expidition and expect to meet them near blackfire pass before they go for the final dungeon dive.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:About halfway between Wissenburg and Pfieldor, in the hills before the old capital, you hearing a hundreds of chittering voices….from under you….

'Skaven' I sighed inwardly. Motioning towards Kyra, I whisper to her to watch out for an ambush, because I hear Skaven below us. After which, I'll just be wary for any Skaven to pop up, or for them to try to collapse the ground under me and Kyra. Fighting Skaven is not my priority currently, but if they force it I'll slaughter the lot of them.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:52 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:That and many forest girls are much more...forward than their counterparts outside of the forest, starved for companionship and potential partners when at home, they leap at these meets with two hands.

... as much as the inevitable fallout of Mort's Usual Evening would amuse me, this means he may actually pull it off ...

That and ...blushing, she’s just not that good at socializing.

I give a commiserating nod. Though, really, if I'm the only person who's tried talking to her thus far I really have to wonder about the various knights in attendance.

Well, regardless, I'll ask if she's met Matilda and Rosalie, offer an introduction if that's not the case. So at the very least she'll have someone to talk to if and when I'm inevitably dragged away at some point in the evening.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"He's a pain in the ass, but he has his moments. I kind of pity him though. He goes and helps end the oblivion crisis and what is his reward? Becomes the mad god."

She nods solemnly, "Still doesn't mean he isn't an ass sometimes."

"Isn't the current line of emperors descended from your line?"

Thalmor

"Ah. Yeah. You'd just helped bring down the big bastard at the watchtower, were reeling from eating his soul and accidentally Fused yourself onto your ass. I heard about that one."

She raises an eyebrow, how did you know about the watchtower?

"I have the advantage of god's blood. It's a bit of a cheat. Personally I'm in awe of your accomplishments and mastery of the voice."

She thanks you.

I smirk. "I wish you could come back with me. The Empire could use another epic hero and I'm sure you could teach them all a couple things."

She pauses for a while, why not?

She has no idea how to get back to Sovngarde, and she feels no connection to return like when she had been called away in the past.

Any idea how to do it?

The emperor is a wise man and knowith his shit.

Indeed.

"From what I've heard its not for lack of effort."

I chuckle a bit.

He has no doubt.

The cheers are loud and many.

d100

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

He listens to you and gives you his blessing. Frankly he'd be happy to have that canker sore and humiliation off of his ass.

I thank him for that and if he wants in on it he's more than welcome to bring as many men as he wants to get in on ridding that rotten cesspit.

He smiles. "Yes sir. Thank you. I'm told you're the one who told them about.. me?"

"I am Valten, I hope you're taking this alright. I'm sure your world's been shaken up in the last few weeks."

Actually he does manage to knock you down and make you BLEED. Which causes everyone in the room to go silent. They've seen you take maces to the head with out a bruise and he just split your lip.

"Excellent! Ha ha! That's perfect!" I pick myself up and wipe my lip. Spitting a bit of blood as I talk.

He'll look forward to learning from you.

"Be ready lad, I won't be easy on you."

He's up for it.

EXCELLENT!

Though they said something about a hammer? They've sent out the expidition and expect to meet them near blackfire pass before they go for the final dungeon dive.

Ah right, been a few weeks since we planned things of course we need to get that hammer.

Well we'll head out as soon as we can.

'Skaven' I sighed inwardly. Motioning towards Kyra, I whisper to her to watch out for an ambush, because I hear Skaven below us. After which, I'll just be wary for any Skaven to pop up, or for them to try to collapse the ground under me and Kyra. Fighting Skaven is not my priority currently, but if they force it I'll slaughter the lot of them.

She stares at you when you imply that you'd leave the rodents alone. She would have thought you'd punch a hole through the road and deal with them.

... as much as the inevitable fallout of Mort's Usual Evening would amuse me, this means he may actually pull it off ...

Hopefully he doesn't get in over his head, Artois girls move FAST and their men-folk take dalliances POOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLYYYY!

I give a commiserating nod. Though, really, if I'm the only person who's tried talking to her thus far I really have to wonder about the various knights in attendance.

She's a wall flower and she's a Larret noble especially the Earl de Larret's daughter.

Well, regardless, I'll ask if she's met Matilda and Rosalie, offer an introduction if that's not the case. So at the very least she'll have someone to talk to if and when I'm inevitably dragged away at some point in the evening.

She hasn't and Matilda and Rosalie actually make a real effort to try and be friendly to her, and she slowly seems to warm up to them.

As the three talk you notice a huge Artois knight with a mustache that would make a Cossack blush turning a bright red and clenching his fists to the point of drawing blood. Following his gaze you notice that Mort is chatting with a pretty woman with red hair and...oh my ...a ring on her finger.....
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She nods solemnly, "Still doesn't mean he isn't an ass sometimes."

"True."

Thalmor

"What. Are you implying that the Aldmeri Dominion, the manics who are planning to literally cause the unmaking of Nrin in a vein attempt to ascend to godhood, have somehow gained complete control of Tamriel?"

"She raises an eyebrow, how did you know about the watchtower?

"Long story. Needless to say I've heard much of yours."

She thanks you.

Hey, no sweat.

She pauses for a while, why not?  

She has no idea how to get back to Sovngarde, and she feels no connection to return like when she had been called away in the past.

Any idea how to do it?

I ignite the sacred flame of ulric on my weapons.

"A light to show us the way."

Everything goes BRILLIANTLY. You and Cosmina are the center of attention and everyone seems to love you.

I thank him for that and if he wants in on it he's more than welcome to bring as many men as he wants to get in on ridding that rotten cesspit.

He'd like to see what you can do first. But he will be assembling his armies.

"I am Valten, I hope you're taking this alright.  I'm sure your world's been shaken up in the last few weeks."

"To put it gently. they tell me that I'm Sigmar reborn."

"Excellent!  Ha ha! That's perfect!"  I pick myself up and wipe my lip. Spitting a bit of blood as I talk.

Valten looks a little shocked and glanced down at his fist.

"Be ready lad, I won't be easy on you."

He looks a little nervious.

Ah right, been a few weeks since we planned things of course we need to get that hammer.

Well we'll head out as soon as we can.

The Grand Theologist already as a group of templars at the ready and their swiftest barges to carry you south.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:"True."

Heh

"What. Are you implying that the Aldmeri Dominion, the manics who are planning to literally cause the unmaking of Nrin in a vein attempt to ascend to godhood, have somehow gained complete control of Tamriel?"

They wiped them out, or so they thought. But right after she passed away, she learned that there was a sleeper cell that through a suicide move, killed every relative to the sixth degree she had. None of the Thalmor survived their run but they accomplished what they set out to do.

"Long story. Needless to say I've heard much of yours."

She stares at you, "you're going to have to explain that to me at some point. But later."

Hey, no sweat.

Kool

I ignite the sacred flame of ulric on my weapons.

"A light to show us the way."

She blinks at the flame but seeming to recognize where it came from she smiles and says, "Lead the way."

Roll a d100.

Everything goes BRILLIANTLY. You and Cosmina are the center of attention and everyone seems to love you.

Excellent. Hopefully I can bank on this sort of thing later down the road when the shit REALLY hits the fan.

He'd like to see what you can do first. But he will be assembling his armies.

Fair enough, but I'll be sure to save a few for you to chew on once the big push is dealt with. I'm not completely serious.

"To put it gently. they tell me that I'm Sigmar reborn."

If we're not anywhere unsecure.

"Because you are lad."

Valten looks a little shocked and glanced down at his fist.

"You've got potential Valten!"

He looks a little nervious.

Heh

The Grand Theologist already as a group of templars at the ready and their swiftest barges to carry you south.

Right then, unless Cosmina want's to come along then I'll pack up, say my good-byes and head out. I promise to bring her something shiny as a souvenir.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:38 am

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:Hopefully he doesn't get in over his head, Artois girls move FAST and their men-folk take dalliances POOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLYYYY!

I suppose that's one way of getting him settled down. Speartip wedding.

She's a wall flower and she's a Larret noble especially the Earl de Larret's daughter.

That's what I'm talking about. An Earl's daughter. Pretty by any measure. And a wealthy Earl's daughter to boot. From a purely pragmatic point of view, there's just something _wrong_ with this girl not getting courted in this kind of environment.

She hasn't and Matilda and Rosalie actually make a real effort to try and be friendly to her, and she slowly seems to warm up to them.

Progress! Even if it doesn't really get me anywhere, I get a kind of good feeling for doing this.

As the three talk you notice a huge Artois knight with a mustache that would make a Cossack blush turning a bright red and clenching his fists to the point of drawing blood.  Following his gaze you notice that Mort is chatting with a pretty woman with red hair and...oh my ...a ring on her finger.....

... aaand one step forward, two steps back ...

"Oh dear, that does look like the entertainment portion of the evening," I mutter. "Ladies, please excuse me for a moment, it appears I need to pull my friend out of the figurative fire."

Then I head over to where Mort is ... being Mort.

"Mortimer! Good, you're here. I need to borrow you for a moment," I say as I approach, perfectly pleasant and casual. "My lady," I address the redhead. "I apologize, but something's come up that my friend and I need to discuss, please forgive my abruptness."

Then I clamp my hand on Mort's shoulder and lead him away.

"Look left for a moment, Mort. See the big guy who's looking like he's about to gut you. I strongly suspect he's the lady's husband and was about to do something very dramatic," I mutter as I walk.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:She stares at you when you imply that you'd leave the rodents alone.  She would have thought you'd punch a hole through the road and deal with them.

Hm, true that. "Well, why not, I guess its best to head off whatever plan these creatures have, let's do it." I motion her to stand back a fair bit while I get ready. Then once she's away, I'll use my axe to smash into the ground after tracking the noise of the Skaven, seeking to bring the whole tunnel down over them.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:They wiped them out, or so they thought.  But right after she passed away, she learned that there was a sleeper cell that through a suicide move, killed every relative to the sixth degree she had.  None of the Thalmor survived their run but they accomplished what they set out to do.

"Huh. Well, I'm sure we can find a way around that..." thoughtful look.

She stares at you, "you're going to have to explain that to me at some point.  But later."

"Traveled between worlds as a youth. Make sure nothing  found me before I was able to kill it."

She blinks at the flame but seeming to recognize where it came from she smiles and says, "Lead the way."

Roll a d100.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Titles: Elector Count of the Westerlands, Protector of Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.

Excellent.  Hopefully I can bank on this sort of thing later down the road when the shit REALLY hits the fan.

Probably. They loved you.

Fair enough, but I'll be sure to save a few for you to chew on once the big push is dealt with.  I'm not completely serious.

This isn't going to be like cowing Marienburg into being reasonable... these things are a real threat.

If we're not anywhere unsecure.

"Because you are lad."  

"... I'm having trouble believing that. I'm just a blacksmith's son. I'm no lord to say nothing of being a god.."

"You've got potential Valten!"

"How?"

Right then, unless Cosmina want's to come along then I'll pack up, say my good-byes and head out.  I promise to bring her something shiny as a souvenir.

One one hand, she's had her fill of adventures.

On the other she doesn't want to miss these things...

Well... what do you think?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:44 am

Brian Boru wrote:I suppose that's one way of getting him settled down. Speartip wedding.

Heh heh

That's what I'm talking about. An Earl's daughter. Pretty by any measure. And a wealthy Earl's daughter to boot. From a purely pragmatic point of view, there's just something _wrong_ with this girl not getting courted in this kind of environment.

Most likely their attention is occupied by the more aggressive girls AND they likely think she'd be useless in the forest....which they're not entirely wrong.

Progress! Even if it doesn't really get me anywhere, I get a kind of good feeling for doing this.

Points in your favor.

... aaand one step forward, two steps back ...

"Oh dear, that does look like the entertainment portion of the evening," I mutter. "Ladies, please excuse me for a moment, it appears I need to pull my friend out of the figurative fire."

Then I head over to where Mort is ... being Mort.

"Mortimer! Good, you're here. I need to borrow you for a moment," I say as I approach, perfectly pleasant and casual. "My lady," I address the redhead. "I apologize, but something's come up that my friend and I need to discuss, please forgive my abruptness."

Then I clamp my hand on Mort's shoulder and lead him away.

"Look left for a moment, Mort. See the big guy who's looking like he's about to gut you. I strongly suspect he's the lady's husband and was about to do something very dramatic," I mutter as I walk.

He glances in the direction you indicate, it's slightly hilarious how his eyes bug out like that and he goes as pale as a ghost. He sputters for a moment then thanks you for the warning, he swears he didn't see the ring on her finger. He'd just kissed the lady's ringed hand, Cossack went purple at that moment. You just BARELY made it in time.

Hm, true that. "Well, why not, I guess its best to head off whatever plan these creatures have, let's do it." I motion her to stand back a fair bit while I get ready. Then once she's away, I'll use my axe to smash into the ground after tracking the noise of the Skaven, seeking to bring the whole tunnel down over them.

You're ax strikes the ground like the fist of an angry god, causing a minor earthquake and punching a hole right to the tunnels below. You see hundreds of squeeking bodies scrambling and writhing in the semi-collapsed tunnels and the stink is horrible. But the rodents aren't all dead and you might want to deal with them.

Psyckosama wrote:"Huh. Well, I'm sure we can find a way around that..." thoughtful look.

A raised eyebrow.

"Traveled between worlds as a youth. Make sure nothing  found me before I was able to kill it."

Now she stares at you, and how did we not know of your existence before?

As you walk through the darkness, lit by the flames of your blade, the two of you traverse this strange place, unsure whether or not you're actually making progress, after an indeterminable amount of time, a foul stench hits your senses and a bubbling, gibbering mutter can be heard all around you.

Titles: Elector Count of the Westerlands, Protector of Marienburg, Lord of a part of the Drakwald, Chosen of Ulric, Called Dwarf Friend by Rune Master Thorek Ironbrow.

Probably. They loved you.

Cool  Thank-you DICE GODS!

This isn't going to be like cowing Marienburg into being reasonable... these things are a real threat.

Point taken but I'll be sure not to leave a stone or casket unturned.

"... I'm having trouble believing that. I'm just a blacksmith's son. I'm no lord to say nothing of being a god.."

"We'll if you can't believe yourself, then believe in the me that believes that you have the potential to become something the Old World has not seen in a long, long time."

"How?"

"I've done battle with the undead, orcs, beastmen, even a bloodthirster of Khorne, I've slain Khazrak the one-eye in his own camp, and shook off the battle magic of his personal shaman, all of this with barely even a scratch, but you, with just one punch, did more damage to me than I've taken in a long while. You have something in you lad, Reincarnation of Sigmar or not, and because of that you have the potential to be something the old world has not seen in generations."

One one hand, she's had her fill of adventures.

On the other she doesn't want to miss these things...

Well... what do you think?

Well I do miss her, I feel that I've been running around for too long and I haven't given her the time I feel she deserves, and considering the unknown amount of insanity we might be facing, a priestess of Morr might be helpful on this trek. On the other hand I want her to be safe, who knows what we'll be facing on this journey and if something ever happened to her on this trip I'd never forgive myself.

But we'll likely have the best of the best on this trek and we'll have me and Valten as well, a fully realized Demi-god and a reincarnated god in training. Enough force the wreck the shit of just about anything that crosses our path.

So in the end I smile and say, "Yes I'd like you to come with me, one last adventure before we tie the knot, it'll be something we can tell the kids about when we're sitting in Marienburg, or our holding in the Drakwald when the snows are coming down and we're together by a big warm fireplace. After-all returning the hammer of Sigmar to his Reincarnation is something that only comes around once. But it's your choice I won't force you if you don't want to. But I would like to have you at my side."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:24 pm

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:Most likely their attention is occupied by the more aggressive girls AND they likely think she'd be useless in the forest....which they're not entirely wrong.

You are giving knights entirely too much credit. This is Bretonnia, after all. And she's like the _designated_ target for Romantic Love.

Points in your favor.

Much as I am a surly asshole, I actually do enjoy helping people. Go figure.

He glances in the direction you indicate, it's slightly hilarious how his eyes bug out like that and he goes as pale as a ghost.  He sputters for a moment then thanks you for the warning, he swears he didn't see the ring on her finger.  He'd just kissed the lady's ringed hand, Cossack went purple at that moment.  You just BARELY made it in time.

"Now," I let go of him, "that that's handled, you went and interrupted my evening of actually having polite conversation with three lovely young ladies. I expect you to join me and be apologize to them."

I am probably inviting disaster ... ah well, party was a bit staid anyway.

"Also, sparring, tomorrow at dawn. Because while your timing is ill advised at times, you are my friend, and I'd like to be sure I can leave you alone now and again and not see you being chased out of town. If making sure you can take someone like the moustache on with your bare hands and win is the price to pay, that's still not too much of one for my peace of mind."

Grin.

"And I like making you suffer too, so bonus."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Brian Boru wrote:A raised eyebrow.

"When in doubt, cheat. The rules are written by the victor."

Now she stares at you, and how did we not know of your existence before?

"My foster parents were very good at keeping their heads down."

As you walk through the darkness, lit by the flames of your blade, the two of you traverse this strange place, unsure whether or not you're actually making progress, after an indeterminable amount of time, a foul stench hits your senses and a bubbling, gibbering mutter can be heard all around you.

"Nurgle... blades out, use Yol. Lots of Yol. Keep this shit from getting on you."

Cool  Thank-you DICE GODS!

Everyone has a lucky break.

Point taken but I'll be sure not to leave a stone or casket unturned.

For the best.

"We'll if you can't believe yourself, then believe in the me that believes that you have the potential to become something the Old World has not seen in a long, long time."

"... That has to be the most insane thing I've ever heard... And I have people telling me I'm Sigmar."

"I've done battle with the undead, orcs, beastmen, even a bloodthirster of Khorne, I've slain Khazrak the one-eye in his own camp, and shook off the battle magic of his personal shaman, all of this with barely even a scratch, but you, with just one punch, did more damage to me than I've taken in a long while.  You have something in you lad, Reincarnation of Sigmar or not, and because of that you have the potential to be something the old world has not seen in generations."

He looks at his fist. "You're serious."

One of the Templar's of Sigmar walks over and looks at you. "Shall I hit you, m'lord?"

Well I do miss her, I feel that I've been running around for too long and I haven't given her the time I feel she deserves, and considering the unknown amount of insanity we might be facing, a priestess of Morr might be helpful on this trek.  On the other hand I want her to be safe, who knows what we'll be facing on this journey and if something ever happened to her on this trip I'd never forgive myself.

When you mention the need for priests of Morr she immediately relents. She's going. She has a duty.

Just avoid any fucking vampires.

But we'll likely have the best of the best on this trek and we'll have me and Valten as well, a fully realized Demi-god and a reincarnated god in training.  Enough force the wreck the shit of just about anything that crosses our path.

Makes her feel safe.

So in the end I smile and say, "Yes I'd like you to come with me, one last adventure before we tie the knot, it'll be something we can tell the kids about when we're sitting in Marienburg, or our holding in the Drakwald when the snows are coming down and we're together by a big warm fireplace.  After-all returning the hammer of Sigmar to his Reincarnation is something that only comes around once.  But it's your choice I won't force you if you don't want to.  But I would like to have you at my side."

One last? You're not getting rid of her that easily!

Oh, and Aldi is going too. Blood, Battle, Gold! You're not going on an epic quest without her!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:38 pm

You are giving knights entirely too much credit. This is Bretonnia, after all. And she's like the _designated_ target for Romantic Love.

The thing is she has brothers so there isn't a likely chance for getting at that epic loot. Unless you're thinking dowry.

Much as I am a surly asshole, I actually do enjoy helping people. Go figure.

Heh

"Now," I let go of him, "that that's handled, you went and interrupted my evening of actually having polite conversation with three lovely young ladies. I expect you to join me and be apologize to them."

He blinks at that but shrugs and agrees to come along.

I am probably inviting disaster ... ah well, party was a bit staid anyway.

Well when he introduces himself and works his routine, he's a bit flabbergasted when all three of them basically stonewall him. Oh they're polite but they are BLATANTLY not interested in him. Instead they want to talk to you.

"Also, sparring, tomorrow at dawn. Because while your timing is ill advised at times, you are my friend, and I'd like to be sure I can leave you alone now and again and not see you being chased out of town. If making sure you can take someone like the moustache on with your bare hands and win is the price to pay, that's still not too much of one for my peace of mind."

Grin.

"And I like making you suffer too, so bonus."

He pales a bit at visceral joy you seem to take at the prospect of pounding on him but he seems honestly touched that you consider him a friend and he knows he'd likely be dead at this point if you hadn't come in to save his ass.

Psyckosama wrote:"When in doubt, cheat. The rules are written by the victor."

She smirks at that.

"My foster parents were very good at keeping their heads down."

"Now we're getting somewhere mysterious one."

"Nurgle... blades out, use Yol. Lots of Yol. Keep this shit from getting on you."

She nods and readies herself for the attack. The gibbering and the smell grow stronger and stronger until it almost overwhelms you, then suddenly they erupt from the fog, nurglings, hundreds of them, the greasy little snotballs coming at you like a wave of foulness.

The Dragonborn's fire shouts torch the little bastards by the dozens but they keep coming. Gibbering with unholy glee.

Everyone has a lucky break.

Offsets that Bloodthirster nicely doesn't it.

For the best.

Right then.

"... That has to be the most insane thing I've ever heard... And I have people telling me I'm Sigmar."

Eh, worth a shot I think to myself. "Heard someone try that one as a motivational speech for his younger brother."

He looks at his fist. "You're serious."

"Like a apoplectic fit."

One of the Templar's of Sigmar walks over and looks at you. "Shall I hit you, m'lord?"

"Use a steel candle stand, wouldn't want anyone getting hurt."

When you mention the need for priests of Morr she immediately relents. She's going. She has a duty.

Just avoid any fucking vampires.

Can't make any promises we won't stumble across them but I won't actively hunt them if it helps.

Makes her feel safe.

D'aw.

One last? You're not getting rid of her that easily!

Well I never said we wouldn't have wild adventures AFTER we tie the knot, just the last one before I think.

Oh, and Aldi is going too. Blood, Battle, Gold! You're not going on an epic quest without her!

Her choice, just don't do anything that could get yourself killed, rather not have a woman's death on my hands if I can avoid it. I am curious to see how well she can handle herself.

Anyways we set off for Blackfire pass.

how many d100s should I roll for events along the way?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:She smirks at that.

"Though I'd still like to hear your tale from your own mouth."

"Now we're getting somewhere mysterious one."

"Average nordic type couple... Nords, Nordic, Norskin, and plenty of others... easy to move and keep under cover."

She nods and readies herself for the attack.  The gibbering and the smell grow stronger and stronger until it almost overwhelms you, then suddenly they erupt from the fog, nurglings, hundreds of them, the greasy little snotballs coming at you like a wave of foulness.

The Dragonborn's fire shouts torch the little bastards by the dozens but they keep coming.  Gibbering with unholy glee.

I use my fire magic weapons... along with Yol and Fus Roh Da... because when in doubt send them flying in a spray away from you.

Offsets that Bloodthirster nicely doesn't it.

Come on, that was an awesome fight and you know it.

Eh, worth a shot I think to myself.  "Heard someone try that one as a motivational speech for his younger brother."

"I pity the younger brother."

"Like a apoplectic fit."

Dead silence.

"Use a steel candle stand, wouldn't want anyone getting hurt."

He does. It leaves a red mark. No blood.

Valten's eyes bulge

Can't make any promises we won't stumble across them but I won't actively hunt them if it helps.

Good. She hates vampires.

Well I never said we wouldn't have wild adventures AFTER we tie the knot, just the last one before I think.

Good.

Her choice, just don't do anything that could get yourself killed, rather not have a woman's death on my hands if I can avoid it.  I am curious to see how well she can handle herself.

Anyways we set off for Blackfire pass.

Righto.

how many d100s should I roll for events along the way?

d4 d100s Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Though I'd still like to hear your tale from your own mouth."

Once we get out of here.

"Average nordic type couple... Nords, Nordic, Norskin, and plenty of others... easy to move and keep under cover."

She nods, could have done better, but not by much.

I use my fire magic weapons... along with Yol and Fus Roh Da... because when in doubt send them flying in a spray away from you.

And the little bastards die in droves, but they keep coming a wave of puss, mucous and things man shouldn't ever think about.  

Just when you think they'll never end a large circle of blue light suddenly flashes and you hear the howl of a wolf at the edge of your hearing, you think you can smell Marienburg through that circle.

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris), Valten Sigmar Reborn.

Come on, that was an awesome fight and you know it.

true....

"I pity the younger brother."

I laugh, "Didn't make much sense to me either but I liked how it sounded."

Dead silence.

"What I get for trying to be poetic, I mean utterly serious."

He does. It leaves a red mark. No blood.

I rub it a bit.

Valten's eyes bulge

"Now you see what we're trying to get across lad? Stick with us and you could pull that off as well."

Good. She hates vampires.

"Not fond of them either, I still need to find that bastard that pulled a bat-cloud back when we first met.  Gods that feels like it was ages ago doesn't it?"

Good.

"You didn't think I was going to lock you up in a tower to be nothing but a baby-kiln do you?  I think we both know we're better than that."  I chuckle slightly.

Righto.

Along the way I train with Valten, trees and boulders being our tools.  He likely isn't going to take it well but I'm going to go Ryouzanpaku on his ass the whole way, when else am I going to have an opportunity like this come again?

d4 d100s Wink

Alright. Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d4 (Image not informed.) :
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:32 am

Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:21 am

Brian Boru wrote:Once we get out of here.

Righto.

She nods, could have done better, but not by much.

Heh.

And the little bastards die in droves, but they keep coming a wave of puss, mucous and things man shouldn't ever think about.  

Just when you think they'll never end a large circle of blue light suddenly flashes and you hear the howl of a wolf at the edge of your hearing, you think you can smell Marienburg through that circle.

"And that is the door out. Doesn't lead to your world, but it leads to the one I've been working on. I'm sure we can find you a way home later. But in the meantime..." I offer her my hand. "We go as one... to make sure it doesn't close behind one of us."

Companions: Cosmina formerly of Sylvania, Initiate to the Temple of Morr, now fiancee;  Fuck Huge Winter Wolf (Fenris), Valten Sigmar Reborn.

I laugh, "Didn't make much sense to me either but I liked how it sounded."

"...Yeah..."

"What I get for trying to be poetic, I mean utterly serious."

Heh.

I rub it a bit.

It does kinda sting.

"Shall I try the Warhammer?"

"Now you see what we're trying to get across lad? Stick with us and you could pull that off as well."

"You serious?"

"Not fond of them either, I still need to find that bastard that pulled a bat-cloud back when we first met.  Gods that feels like it was ages ago doesn't it?"

She shudders.

"You didn't think I was going to lock you up in a tower to be nothing but a baby-kiln do you?  I think we both know we're better than that."  I chuckle slightly.

"Don't even jest."

Along the way I train with Valten, trees and boulders being our tools.  He likely isn't going to take it well but I'm going to go Ryouzanpaku on his ass the whole way, when else am I going to have an opportunity like this come again?

D100

Alright.

It is... a relatively boring trip. You make it to Blackfire pass almost completely unmolested.

And most of that molestation is from Cosmina.

Well, and the throng of worshipers who somehow knew where to find you...

You now have d100 Ulrician zealot nutbag wilfkin with you...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:49 am

Psyckosama wrote:"And that is the door out. Doesn't lead to your world, but it leads to the one I've been working on. I'm sure we can find you a way home later. But in the meantime..." I offer her my hand. "We go as one... to make sure it doesn't close behind one of us."

With a nod you plow through the mass of the little cretins and finally enter the light at the same time. When you can see again you're laying in your bed you got the night before after drinking yourself stupid. Looking around you wonder if you just had a really vivid dream when you hear a feminine voice groan in pain. Looking to your left you spot the woman from the dream. Dressed as she had been but...younger....as in around your age younger....and she could be your damn twin sister now that you got a good look at her.

Valten is still out like a light. And snores louder than the stomach of an ogre that missed a week of meals.

"...Yeah..."

yeah just dropping that then.

It does kinda sting.

"Shall I try the Warhammer?"

"If you think it's necessary."

"You serious?"

Absolutely.

She shudders.

Comforting hug.

"Don't even jest."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

D100

It is... a relatively boring trip. You make it to Blackfire pass almost completely unmolested.

And most of that molestation is from Cosmina.

Heh giggity. Hope we didn't keep anyone awake.

Well, and the throng of worshipers who somehow knew where to find you...

Wait what?

You now have d100 Ulrician zealot nutbag wilfkin with you...

Oh come on!

Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:With a nod you plow through the mass of the little cretins and finally enter the light at the same time.  When you can see again you're laying in your bed you got the night before after drinking yourself stupid.  Looking around you wonder if you just had a really vivid dream when you hear a feminine voice groan in pain.  Looking to your left you spot the woman from the dream.  Dressed as she had been but...younger....as in around your age younger....and she could be your damn twin sister now that you got a good look at her.

PLEASE BE DRESSED! PLEASE BE DRESSED! PLEASE BE DRESSED!

Valten is still out like a light.  And snores louder than the stomach of an ogre that missed a week of meals.

I give her a nudge and sit up.

"Well, welcome back to the land of the living. Or rather this land of the living."

I throw a boot at Valten. "Stop your fucking snooring."

yeah just dropping that then.

Heh.

"If you think it's necessary."

d10!

"Wouldn't dream of it."

Good.

Heh giggity.  Hope we didn't keep anyone awake.

Everyone.

You get a lot of dirty looks.

Wait what?

You were followed... by 50 completely dedicated bat shit insane wolfkin... who will do whatever you ask.

Oh come on!

Very Happy

As for Valten's training, he picks it up like a Boss. Seriously, the kid's a natural. You only have to show him something once. It's almost like he's less learning and more REMEMBERING.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Vargr Skarin

Brian Boru wrote:The thing is she has brothers so there isn't a likely chance for getting at that epic loot.  Unless you're thinking dowry.

They're knights in a country that has mystical powers which _run on chivalry_. That someone is not going all Courtly Love on her in that kind of setting is genuinely surprising.

Well when he introduces himself and works his routine, he's a bit flabbergasted when all three of them basically stonewall him.  Oh they're polite but they are BLATANTLY not interested in him.  Instead they want to talk to you.

Well, new experiences are good for him and I steer the conversation towards their (Mort's and the ladies') different backgrounds, asking questions so as to provide comparison and a contrast. My little exploratory foray into promoting social awareness across (duchy) borders, so to speak. I sprinkle in tidbits of my own perspective here and there, particularly in relation to how interconnected they actually are. Trade, security, and so on.

He pales a bit at visceral joy you seem to take at the prospect of pounding on him but he seems honestly touched that you consider him a friend and he knows he'd likely be dead at this point if you hadn't come in to save his ass.

At the very least, I'll give him a sparring partner who is about on par with the nastier things he could run into out there. At most, I might be able to use this body's martial talent to intuit some hints to give him.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You're ax strikes the ground like the fist of an angry god, causing a minor earthquake and punching a hole right to the tunnels below.  You see hundreds of squeeking bodies scrambling and writhing in the semi-collapsed tunnels and the stink is horrible.  But the rodents aren't all dead and you might want to deal with them.

I slam down into the semi-collapsed tunnel, charging after the Skaven, using both my weapons with ice runes active. Killing all the Skaven that I can see, I pick up boulders to throw at the tunnel walls farther away from me in order to collapse the tunnel more and crush the Skaven as well as trapping many of them. After all, I don't want more of them to swarm over.

In the enclosed space with little room for the Skaven to try to swarm me under I have utter superiority. Or so I hope anyways.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:02 am

Psyckosama wrote:PLEASE BE DRESSED! PLEASE BE DRESSED! PLEASE BE DRESSED!

She's thankfully NOT naked, instead she's in that underwear the characters have if you swipe their clothing.

I give her a nudge and sit up.

"Well, welcome back to the land of the living. Or rather this land of the living."

She comes to quickly enough but squeaks and leaps out of the bed when she realizes her state of dress. There are no clothes her size anywhere around her.

I throw a boot at Valten. "Stop your fucking snooring."

The sawmill shuts down and he pulls himself from the land of nod, then his eyes bug open comically when he sees the female twin of you in her skivies trying her best to cover herself with her arms and hands and then turns and stares at you. A kajillion questions racing through his mind.

Heh.

Heh

d10!

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

Good.

heh

Everyone.

You get a lot of dirty looks.

As a side note I also inquire Cosmina how well she knows old Fennone's dialect as I might need a translator or teacher when we go on our ...honeymoon... I also ask her how much she knows about Bylorhof and it's resistance to the von Carsteins, might be a good base of operations when we get there.

"What?" Though I know damn well, 'what' afro 

You were followed... by 50 completely dedicated bat shit insane wolfkin... who will do whatever you ask.

....right....just....just down burn any barns or inns down if we come across them. And if you kill anyone in a brawl just tell me before the authorities get involved and I'll do my best to keep things....civil.

Heh wonder what Huss thinks of this....if he's here at this point.

Very Happy

As for Valten's training, he picks it up like a Boss. Seriously, the kid's a natural. You only have to show him something once. It's almost like he's less learning and more REMEMBERING.

Excellant, means we can step things up a bit more. Full contact fighting.

Whenever we get to Blackfire pass I keep a careful eye out for the pass into the weird bone city that is the first leg of our journey.

They're knights in a country that has mystical powers which _run on chivalry_. That someone is not going all Courtly Love on her in that kind of setting is genuinely surprising.

They're also Artois knights, they're absurdly practical compared to others out there. Brionne knights, Brinonne knights would be on her like ants at a broken down popsicle stand. Or almost anywhere else....

Well, new experiences are good for him and I steer the conversation towards their (Mort's and the ladies') different backgrounds, asking questions so as to provide comparison and a contrast. My little exploratory foray into promoting social awareness across (duchy) borders, so to speak. I sprinkle in tidbits of my own perspective here and there, particularly in relation to how interconnected they actually are. Trade, security, and so on.

Mort does his best NOT to let out how much a playboy he is, but it's a bit hard when you've seduced grandmothers before, (DAMMIT YOU THOUGHT YOU SUPPRESSED THAT!). He does let out that he actually IS good at being a bard, (unlike nearly every Tom, Dick, or Harry in Brionne who only THINKS that he is).

The two girls from the forest are a bit stereotypical of Artois ladies, isolated, indpendent, and more skilled at what many might consider peasant work than ladies of other duchies. However considering their circumstances that repetoir of skills is something of a necsecity.

Young de Larret you learn is very good at book balancing, something that kinda goes over the heads of the other three, no need for the girls, and not his interest in Mort although his father was Castellean of Brionne castle.

At the very least, I'll give him a sparring partner who is about on par with the nastier things he could run into out there. At most, I might be able to use this body's martial talent to intuit some hints to give him.

Well when you spar with him you learn that while he isn't as strong as some Bretonnian knights, he's fast, nimble, and very skilled with a single handed blade. You still beat the stuffing out of him, hopefully that will keep him from chasing skirts that are married. Cossack still glares death at Mort when he thinks the young man isn't looking.

I slam down into the semi-collapsed tunnel, charging after the Skaven, using both my weapons with ice runes active. Killing all the Skaven that I can see, I pick up boulders to throw at the tunnel walls farther away from me in order to collapse the tunnel more and crush the Skaven as well as trapping many of them. After all, I don't want more of them to swarm over.

In the enclosed space with little room for the Skaven to try to swarm me under I have utter superiority. Or so I hope anyways.

The rodents die in droves and while many try to swarm you, many also scatter like buckshot. After about 10 minutes the last rodent in sight is dead. Looking around you guess at least 1000 Skaven of both clan and storm ranking in the tunnels. While FAR from large this was still a relatively large movement of rodents you wonder what they were trying....you hear a cry of fear behind you. Turning around you spy....

roll a d20
then a d100.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:20 am

Brian Boru wrote:She's thankfully NOT naked, instead she's in that underwear the characters have if you swipe their clothing.

Thank you god.

She comes to quickly enough but squeaks and leaps out of the bed when she realizes her state of dress.  There are no clothes her size anywhere around her.

I sigh. "Relax. Well pick you up some proper armor."

I throw her my cloak.

The sawmill shuts down and he pulls himself from the land of nod, then his eyes bug open comically when he sees the female twin of you in her skivies trying her best to cover herself with her arms and hands and then turns and stares at you.  A kajillion questions racing through his mind.

"Valten, meet my mother. Long story how she got here... and why she looks like she's in her early 20s again I don't know."

And the lession of the story is don't let scary men who bless their warhammers daily smack you in the head with one.

You wake up HOURS later with a splitting headache and double vision.

EVERYONE is anxious... it seems the Ur-Ulric almost had an apoxia and was about THIS close to declaring it an assasnation attempt.

The Templar needless to say is in trouble. You want to do something?

As a side note I also inquire Cosmina how well she knows old Fennone's dialect as I might need a translator or teacher when we go on our ...honeymoon...   I also ask her how much she knows about Bylorhof and it's resistance to the von Carsteins, might be a good base of operations when we get there.

She slips into a very very very thick romanian sounding accept. Seriously, she sounds like she fell out of a Dracula movie.

"When I was a child my parents favored Sylvanian over Reikspiel. It took me over a year to coach myself to speak in a proper accent."

And that explains why a girl from deepest sylvania sounds like a reasonably well bred Reiklander.

"What?"  Though I know damn well, 'what' afro 

As for resistance that normally ends in being eaten and added to the Count's army... as a Zombie.

....right....just....just down burn any barns or inns down if we come across them.  And if you kill anyone in a brawl just tell me before the authorities get involved and I'll do my best to keep things....civil.

Burn down Inns and Barns, kill people in brawls. Got it.

Heh wonder what Huss thinks of this....if he's here at this point.

Groan. Deep groan.

Excellant, means we can step things up a bit more.  Full contact fighting.

Bastard fights dirty.

Whenever we get to Blackfire pass I keep a careful eye out for the pass into the weird bone city that is the first leg of our journey.

one hundred sider.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:32 am

Brian Boru wrote:The rodents die in droves and while many try to swarm you, many also scatter like buckshot.  After about 10 minutes the last rodent in sight is dead.  Looking around you guess at least 1000 Skaven of both clan and storm ranking in the tunnels.  While FAR from large this was still a relatively large movement of rodents you wonder what they were trying....you hear a cry of fear behind you.  Turning around you spy....

roll a d20
then a d100.

Right, let's see what i'm dealing with here.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top