Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:49 am

You wake up to the sound of a howling wind and creaking wood. Groaning you shake your head, then wince as the mild hangover from the night before bites you in the backside or rather the brain more like. "Last time I let the other squires talk me into drinking with them." you mutter...then you realize what you just said.

Jerking wide awake, (and wincing from the pain), you get to your feet. Then you look at yourself...you've...changed...whatever you looked like before...you were now a lanky 6' in height though you get the feeling that you've got a lot of muscle left to pack on and maybe even some inches though why you don't really know.

Then like a thunderclap, the memories rush back.

You're (insert name here) Stone, a bastard serving as squire for one Ser Martyn Lancet, a Sworn Sword in the service of Nestor Royce, steward of the Eyrie. The Eyrie is the primary holding of the Arryns, the Lords Paramount of the Vale of Arryn, which is one of many large regions that are collectively known as the Seven Kingdoms which covers most of the Continent of Westeros....

It's the year 296 AL and you're 14 years old with at LEAST 2 more years of squiring to do.

Though your memories tell you that you're something of an oddity squiring for a sworn sword in such a prestigious position. Normally you'd have to settle for a hedge knight. But two years ago, a couple of squires almost ready to make their oaths for knighthood were harassing your baby sister Mya (though how much of a baby sister could she be seeing as you're only 3 minutes older than her). You'd promptly gone to her defense with a stick, and proceeded to beat the unholy hell out of the two of them.

You'd done it with several guards as witnesses and while you'd been terrified that you'd be severely punished for what you'd done instead you're made a squire for your current knightly master.

As your headache fades from the information dump you hear the sound of footsteps, that particular stomping is obviously your master coming to wake you up.

What do you do?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:20 am

Naturally, as you can expect, I am freaking out a bit. Though don't expect me to show it. Bad idea. Big trouble. Need an excuse... need to avoid showing weakness!

"Ugh... I'm up! I'm up! Must you walk so loudly, m'lord?"

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:Naturally, as you can expect, I am freaking out a bit. Though don't expect me to show it. Bad idea. Big trouble. Need an excuse... need to avoid showing weakness!

"Ugh... I'm up! I'm up! Must you walk so loudly, m'lord?"
The stomping stops for a moment then a deep voice booms, "Damn boy did you go drinking with those idiots last night? I told you that you're too damn young for wine, then again I've told you that before and it's never seemed to have stopped you in the past."

Memories flash by again for a second yes you have gone carousing before and you seem to be able to handle a surprising amount of booze for your age but you're pretty sure (Insert name) or is it you? didn't go out at all the night before.

The door to the small cell that is your room opens and in comes your master Ser Martyn Lancet, a fair sized man who you suspect might have had a Royce bastard for an ancestor in the past considering his dark hair and grey eyes.

He looks you in the eyes, then he snorts, "Growing like a weed still lad? How much taller are you going to get?"

He laughes to himself and says, "Well you don't seem all that worse for wear so go get some breakfast and then go see to our horses, make sure they're ready to ride, then make sure to arm yourself and have my armor ready...It's time for your first blood letting. Lord Royce has decided that a group of the Eyrie garrison go kill some Mountain Clansmen and the both of us will be a part of it."

He then turns and stomps out.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:The stomping stops for a moment then a deep voice booms, "Damn boy did you go drinking with those idiots last night?  I told you that you're too damn young for wine, then again I've told you that before and it's never seemed to have stopped you in the past."
"In my defense, they don't exactly take 'no' for an answer..."

Memories flash by again for a second yes you have gone carousing before and you seem to be able to handle a surprising amount of booze for your age but you're pretty sure (Insert name) or is it you? didn't go out at all the night before.
Well, its an excuse for being out of sorts

The door to the small cell that is your room opens and in comes your master Ser Martyn Lancet, a fair  sized man who you suspect might have had a Royce bastard for an ancestor in the past considering his dark hair and grey eyes.

He looks you in the eyes, then he snorts, "Growing like a weed still lad?  How much taller are you going to get?"
"Big enough to topple the Mountain," I say with a dull chuckle.

And if I get lucky, one day I will. Fucker deserves to die.

He laughes to himself and says, "Well you don't seem all that worse for wear so go get some breakfast and then go see to our horses, make sure they're ready to ride, then make sure to arm yourself and have my armor ready...
"Yes yes... wait. Arm myself?"

It's time for your first blood letting.  Lord Royce has decided that a group of the Eyrie garrison go kill some Mountain Clansmen and the both of us will be a part of it."
I frown slightly, "What was their crime, m'lord?"

He then turns and stomps out.
Sigh. I do as I'm told.

As for weapons I make sure to grab a shield and as for weapons, a sword and if possible I grab the largest and most imposing sledgehammer I can handle.

Time to rock out with my cock out!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:38 am

... wait, those sound oddly familiar.

Oh dear.

It takes a moment to penetrate why those sound so oddly familiar, in part due to the mind being a bit sleep addled, but once it does it has me breaking out in cold sweat.

I'm Gabriel Stone. And I'm in A Song of bloody Ice and Fire. Emphasis on bloody. A setting I know little enough about, save that I am not exactly fond of the way things go there most of the time.

Shite.

I lever myself out of bed, moving on instinct rather than any rational thought, and proceed to get dressed. Fortunately, the body knows what it's doing.

Oh, this cannot possibly end well.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:05 am

Psyckosama wrote:"In my defense, they don't exactly take 'no' for an answer..."
He laughs, "True, and I'm sure those idiots wish they were dead right now. I hope you had more sense."

Well, its an excuse for being out of sorts
True

"Big enough to topple the Mountain," I say with a dull chuckle.

And if I get lucky, one day I will. Fucker deserves to die.
"Way you're going lad I wouldn't be TOO surprised but not for a long while."

"Yes yes... wait. Arm myself?"
"Yes lad did I stutter?" He get's that look in his eyes.

I frown slightly, "What was their crime, m'lord?"
"Rape, pillage, plunder, what they always do when the bastards leave the high passes."

Sigh. I do as I'm told.

As for weapons I make sure to grab a shield and as for weapons, a sword and if possible I grab the largest and most imposing sledgehammer I can handle.

Time to rock out with my cock out!
You manage to grab a shield with the sigil of House Royce of the Gate of the Moon, a symbol many troops serving Nestor Royce have as well as one of the guard shields. Then you notice in the back a dusty shape. Stitting there is a massive warhammer. Emblazoned on the side is a black stag. You realize this must have been Robert's hammer that he used as squire, before the one the famous blacksmith Donal Noye made for him after he achieved knighthood. You wonder why the thing hadn't been taken with him when he went to king's landing. Must have forgotten it. Like he forgot about you and your sister when he became king. That still stings a bit though you do accept that you and Mya wouldn't belong with the rest of the court. And considering what you'd heard about Cersei Lannister...that might be a blessing he didn't take you along. Then you grab the thing to heft it, and you realize it might have also been because only your old man could have lifted the damn thing. Him and your because it feels just a hair on the lightside to your for some reason.

But before the armory, As you head to breakfast you see the dark mop of hair that signals your baby sister, (Seven Does she HATE it when you call her that) heading for the main hall of the Gates of the Moon, you frown a bit when you see that Jackass Mychal Redfort with her. (He really isn't all that bad but the way she paws at her and she goes all goggle-eyed with him....brotherly instinct AWAY!!!!!) You haven't had much chance working with him in the training since he's older than you AND he's the son of an important lord. But maybe that might change after today and you prove yourself against the clansmen.

Rieverre wrote:... wait, those sound oddly familiar.

Oh dear.

It takes a moment to penetrate why those sound so oddly familiar, in part due to the mind being a bit sleep addled, but once it does it has me breaking out in cold sweat.

I'm Gabriel Stone. And I'm in A Song of bloody Ice and Fire. Emphasis on bloody. A setting I know little enough about, save that I am not exactly fond of the way things go there most of the time.

Shite.

I lever myself out of bed, moving on instinct rather than any rational thought, and proceed to get dressed. Fortunately, the body knows what it's doing.

Oh, this cannot possibly end well.
The pounding footsteps continue until they reach the door of your little cell of a bedroom, then a large fist bangs on the door, "Gabe lad are ye up yet? What's taking you?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:13 am

Brian Boru wrote:The pounding footsteps continue until they reach the door of your little cell of a bedroom, then a large fist bangs on the door, "Gabe lad are ye up yet?  What's taking you?"
"For a given value of up, my lord," I call out, whilst hopping on one foot and pulling a boot onto the other. "Will be but a heartbeat. Well, perhaps two. Five?"

I collect my things, the room both familiar and utterly foreign which makes the whole affair take somewhat longer than I imagine it normally would have.

I also take a moment to examine my hands, hoping against hope to find the sort of callouses associated with training in archery. Sword and lance may be a knight's weapon on the field, but bow and spear can be said to be conductive to a longer, healthier lifestyle wherein one still has their limbs and digits mostly intact at a certain age.

Not that age is likely to be a problem ...

... yeah, not going to think about that.

Get dressed.

Make sure I'm not missing any of my kit.

Go out to join my lord in breaking his fast and morning constitutional. Whichever comes first.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:He laughs, "True, and I'm sure those idiots wish they were dead right now.  I hope you had more sense."
"No, I just wish I could sleep for a week undisturbed. A jug of clean water and half a boar wouldn't hurt either."

"Way you're going lad I wouldn't be TOO surprised but not for a long while."
I chuckle and smile.

"Yes lad did I stutter?" He get's that look in his eyes.
"Not at all, just wanted to make sure I didn't have a momentary hallucination brought on by the dregs of last nights wine."

"Rape, pillage, plunder, what they always do when the bastards leave the high passes."
Deep grunt. And deep scowl.

You manage to grab a shield with the sigil of House Royce of the Gate of the Moon, a symbol many troops serving Nestor Royce have as well as one of the guard shields.
Check.

Then you notice in the back a dusty shape.  Stitting there is a massive warhammer.  Emblazoned on the side is a black stag.  You realize this must have been Robert's hammer that he used as squire, before the one the famous blacksmith Donal Noye made for him after he achieved knighthood.  You wonder why the thing hadn't been taken with him when he went to king's landing.  Must have forgotten it.  Like he forgot about you and your sister when he became king.  That still stings a bit though you do accept that you and Mya wouldn't belong with the rest of the court.  And considering what you'd heard about Cersei Lannister...that might be a blessing he didn't take you along.  Then you grab the thing to heft it, and you realize it might have also been because only your old man could have lifted the damn thing.  Him and your because it feels just a hair on the lightside to your for some reason.
I smile like a madman. "Oh, Mya's going to flip out."

But before the armory, As you head to breakfast you see the dark mop of hair that signals your baby sister, (Seven Does she HATE it when you call her that) heading for the main hall of the Gates of the Moon, you frown a bit when you see that Jackass Mychal Redfort with her.  (He really isn't all that bad but the way she paws at her and she goes all goggle-eyed with him....brotherly instinct AWAY!!!!!)  You haven't had much chance working with him in the training since he's older than you AND he's the son of an important lord.  But maybe that might change after today and you prove yourself against the clansmen.
I look over and call out. "Remember my warning, Redfort!"

Basically my sister is off limits on pain of... use your imagination.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Rieverre wrote:"For a given value of up, my lord," I call out, whilst hopping on one foot and pulling a boot onto the other. "Will be but a heartbeat. Well, perhaps two. Five?"
"Well hurry up lad. We've got a busy day ahead of us." He calls. And you can imagine the big dark haired and grey eyed knight scowling and muttering under his breath about his lazy squire, though there's no real heat to the mutters or even the scowl.

I collect my things, the room both familiar and utterly foreign which makes the whole affair take somewhat longer than I imagine it normally would have.

I also take a moment to examine my hands, hoping against hope to find the sort of callouses associated with training in archery. Sword and lance may be a knight's weapon on the field, but bow and spear can be said to be conductive to a longer, healthier lifestyle wherein one still has their limbs and digits mostly intact at a certain age.
There are some and your memories tell you that you've the bow before though hunting was the main purpose behind it.

Not that age is likely to be a problem ...
Heh

... yeah, not going to think about that.
Suit yourself

Get dressed.

Make sure I'm not missing any of my kit.

Go out to join my lord in breaking his fast and morning constitutional. Whichever comes first.
The moment you finish your master Ser Martyn Lancet opens the door and looks you over, "Well at least you're ready to go. Alright then lad, get something to eat quickly, then see to the horses and have then ready to ride. Then make sure that my armor is ready...oh and get some gear from the guard house armory as well. We'll be teaching the Mountain Clans a lesson today and I think you're more than ready to ride with us."

Psyckosama wrote:"No, I just wish I could sleep for a week undisturbed. A jug of clean water and half a boar wouldn't hurt either."
"No time for sleep right now lad but go get something to eat then get on to your tasks."

"Not at all, just wanted to make sure I didn't have a momentary hallucination brought on by the dregs of last nights wine."
He shakes his head then mutters something about 'head matching the name'. "Yes lad, I think you're more than ready to ride with us. Not on the from line but you need to get used to battle soon."

Deep grunt. And deep scowl.
"Aye, my thoughts exactly."

I smile like a madman. "Oh, Mya's going to flip out."
Sticking it under your cloak you head out to get your master's armor on him and to ride out with him.

I look over and call out. "Remember my warning, Redfort!"

Basically my sister is off limits on pain of... use your imagination.
Yes the warning, you said something about godsawful pain on Mychel if he did anything untoward to her and you did mention something about, "And I don't care how old your family is or their highfalutedness." (Might be paraphrasing there) Some lord's sons might take SEVERE offense to that and your master certainly did. Knocked about the head several times for threatening the son of a lord, even IF he's the youngest one. But amazingly Mychel always took it well and said that he'd be the perfect knight around your sister and, much to your relief/frustration he has. Which makes your normally very independent and take-no-bullshit sister all the more...'gooey' around him.

The two of them turn to you and while Mya frowns, that temper that most folks say your father had flaring up. But Mychel just nods, and says, "Of course (insertname) I've done my best to be a proper knight with the lovely Mya. Haven't I Mya?"

Mya of all things, giggles a bit and says, "Yes you have Mychel a perfect knight." Being a bastard you've developed a pretty good sense when people are bullshitting you, and to your annoyance neither of them are doing that.

Then Mychel turns back to you and says, "Well we need to be off to breakfast, I assume you've been told that both of our masters are part of the group being sent to deal with the Mountain Clansmen and the both of us will be going with them. I wish you the best of luck and may the Warrior and the Mother protect you out there. I'll leave you two siblings to talk. Good day Mya, it was nice talking with you."

Once again UTTER SINCERITY! dammit you'd probably hate him less if he were a complete jackass!

Mya dips her head to Mychel and says good morning as well...then she turns to you and her sky blue eyes turn stormy as she glares death at you. "Why do you do that to Mychel he's always been a perfect knight to the both of us and I think he might actually l...care for me." She flushes at bit at her stumble of words.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Well hurry up lad.  We've got a busy day ahead of us."  He calls.  And you can imagine the big dark haired and grey eyed knight scowling and muttering under his breath about his lazy squire, though there's no real heat to the mutters or even the scowl.
"Aye, moving apace!" I call out, and do so, though making sure to not hurry up too much. Haste is the enemy of thoroughness.

There are some and your memories tell you that you've the bow before though hunting was the main purpose behind it.
I can certainly work with that. What about the spear and other implements? If any are present among my kit, I make sure to collect them. Especially the lead-weighted, metal-shod club around the size of my forearm and wide as my wrist. Swords, I am not very good at. That? I'd be a bit scary with. Give me a buckler on the other arm, and I'm satisfied.

The moment you finish your master Ser Martyn Lancet opens the door and looks you over, "Well at least you're ready to go.  Alright then lad, get something to eat quickly, then see to the horses and have then ready to ride.  Then make sure that my armor is ready...oh and get some gear from the guard house armory as well.  We'll be teaching the Mountain Clans a lesson today and I think you're more than ready to ride with us."
"I'll eat on the road then, if we've business," I comment offhand, hoisting my pack up to one shoulder. "Broadheads and serrated, if we're on wilders, then? How many others should I arrange additional kit for, Ser Martyn?"

If there's a servant around, I'll have them get me some breads meats and cheese and pack them for the road, to be taken to the courtyard, then make my way to the guardhouse as instructed. Make sure the armor is in working trim first, then hit the armory. Spears, a backup shield/buckler for both Ser Martyn and myself, bow for myself - accuracy and ease of handling over draw, as wilders are more likely to favor light or hide armor if any at all.[/quote]
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
"No time for sleep right now lad but go get something to eat then get on to your tasks."
"Yes, yes, no rest for the wicked..."

He shakes his head then mutters something about 'head matching the name'.
"I'd say more a will matching one. sire..."

Oxen got nothin' on me!

"Yes lad, I think you're more than ready to ride with us.  Not on the from line but you need to get used to battle soon."
"Aye, sir!"

"Aye, my thoughts exactly."
"I hope we take some alive. Killing them in battle is one thing, but I believe if you want to send a message, you try them and hang them from the neck until dead. A death in battle is an honorable death, lord or peasant. A hanging is a criminals end, nothing more, nothing less, and none of them deserve any better."

I pause and blush.

"Um. Just an observation, m'lord."

Sticking it under your cloak you head out to get your master's armor on him and to ride out with him.
Aye Aye!

Yes the warning, you said something about godsawful pain on Mychel if he did anything untoward to her and you did mention something about, "And I don't care how old your family is or their highfalutedness."  (Might be paraphrasing there)
Something along the lines of "break Her Heart and I cut out yours","I'll render you useless to a woman", and "If you hurt her, I'll beat you to death with a shovel."

There have been multiple. After the first I just took good care to watch who I said it around.

Some lord's sons might take SEVERE offense to that and your master certainly did.  Knocked about the head several times for threatening the son of a lord, even IF he's the youngest one.
Brotherly right, gods damn it!

We both know that if my father even knew I was alive, he'd say far worse!

But amazingly Mychel always took it well and said that he'd be the perfect knight around your sister and, much to your relief/frustration he has.  Which makes your normally very independent and take-no-bullshit sister all the more...'gooey' around him.
Ugh...

[quote]The two of them turn to you and while Mya frowns, that temper that most folks say your father had flaring up.  But Mychel just nods, and says, "Of course (insertname) I've done my best to be a proper knight with the lovely Mya.  Haven't I Mya?"

Mya of all things, giggles a bit and says, "Yes you have Mychel a perfect knight."  Being a bastard you've developed a pretty good sense when people are bullshitting you, and to your annoyance neither of them are doing that.[quote]

Long suffering sigh.

[quote]Then Mychel turns back to you and says, "Well we need to be off to breakfast, I assume you've been told that both of our masters are part of the group being sent to deal with the Mountain Clansmen and the both of us will be going with them.  I wish you the best of luck and may the Warrior and the Mother protect you out there.  I'll leave you two siblings to talk.  Good day Mya, it was nice talking with you."[quote]

I nod. "Same."

Once again UTTER SINCERITY!  dammit you'd probably hate him less if he were a complete jackass!
Actually I like him, but there's a reason I don't want him near Mya, and its not because of overprotective brotherlieness.

Mya dips her head to Mychel and says good morning as well...then she turns to you and her sky blue eyes turn stormy as she glares death at you.  "Why do you do that to Mychel he's always been a perfect knight to the both of us and I think he might actually l...care for me."  She flushes at bit at her stumble of words.
"Yes, but does he care enough to wed you against his father's wishes? I'm sure King Robert was absolutely dashing, but look where that got mother? Do not fall in live with him because you will suffer for it... And for the love of god, don't fuck him because do you really want to visit upon a child the same bullshit we've been through? Are you really so anxious to become our mother?"

It's not that I dislike him, I'm just terrified for my sister's future.

And one other thing I did tell him, in private. If he ever sires a bastard on my sister, they will elope or I will kill him. This is not an idle threat. I don't care what happens to me after but by the Seven and all the Old Gods, I will avenge her honor if its the last thing I do in this world.

Note on that subject, my character drinks but he does not whore and he doesn't fuck the servant girls like the other squires. Or at least he sticks to getting oral... in general he's probably the most sexually frustrated squire in the Vale of Arryn.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Aye, moving apace!" I call out, and do so, though making sure to not hurry up too much. Haste is the enemy of thoroughness.
Alright.

I can certainly work with that. What about the spear and other implements? If any are present among my kit, I make sure to collect them. Especially the lead-weighted, metal-shod club around the size of my forearm and wide as my wrist. Swords, I am not very good at. That? I'd be a bit scary with. Give me a buckler on the other arm, and I'm satisfied.
Well it isn't so much you're BAD with swords...but there's nothing like a crushing weapon. You should be able to find a buckler somewhere. As for throwing darts like I'm sure you mean...they're kinda rare out of Dorne in the extreme south and especially so among the Knights of the Vale.

"I'll eat on the road then, if we've business," I comment offhand, hoisting my pack up to one shoulder. "Broadheads and serrated, if we're on wilders, then? How many others should I arrange additional kit for, Ser Martyn?"
"Just the two of us Gabe, the others can take care of themselves."

If there's a servant around, I'll have them get me some breads meats and cheese and pack them for the road, to be taken to the courtyard, then make my way to the guardhouse as instructed. Make sure the armor is in working trim first, then hit the armory. Spears, a backup shield/buckler for both Ser Martyn and myself, bow for myself - accuracy and ease of handling over draw, as wilders are more likely to favor light or hide armor if any at all.
You manage to find a serving girl who's happy to help you out with the food.

As you head towards to the armory you run into your Baby twin sister Mya (Seven Does she HATE it when you call her that) heading for the main hall of the Gates of the Moon, you frown a bit when you see that Jackass Mychal Redfort with her. (He really isn't all that bad but the way she paws at her and she goes all goggle-eyed with him....brotherly instinct AWAY!!!!!) You haven't had much chance working with him in the training since he's older than you AND he's the son of an important lord. But maybe that might change after today and you prove yourself against the clansmen.

Psyckosama wrote:"Yes, yes, no rest for the wicked..."

"I'd say more a will matching one. sire..."

Oxen got nothin' on me!
That got him to chuckle a bit.

"I hope we take some alive. Killing them in battle is one thing, but I believe if you want to send a message, you try them and hang them from the neck until dead. A death in battle is an honorable death, lord or peasant. A hanging is a criminals end, nothing more, nothing less, and none of them deserve any better."

I pause and blush.

"Um. Just an observation, m'lord."
"You want to tie one down long enough to do that be my guest lad."

Something along the lines of "break Her Heart and I cut out yours","I'll render you useless to a woman", and "If you hurt her, I'll beat you to death with a shovel."

There have been multiple. After the first I just took good care to watch who I said it around.
Heh

Brotherly right, gods damn it!

We both know that if my father even knew I was alive, he'd say far worse!
Your father was Lord of Storms End and Now the King. He can get away with some things. YOU on the other hand are a bastard born of a Valeman Servant Girl....do the math there. Though on the other hand he does sympathize with your situation and he understands your motives. Just have some prudence about it.

Ugh...
Fourteen year old girl being wooed by the squire of the best knight in the Vale, what do you expect?

Long suffering sigh.
Heh

I nod. "Same."
Right

Actually I like him, but there's a reason I don't want him near Mya, and its not because of overprotective brotherlieness.
Ah

"Yes, but does he care enough to wed you against his father's wishes? I'm sure King Robert was absolutely dashing, but look where that got mother? Do not fall in live with him because you will suffer for it... And for the love of god, don't fuck him because do you really want to visit upon a child the same bullshit we've been through? Are you really so anxious to become our mother?"
That seemed to have been a low blow because she just stares at you, then slaps you with everything she's got and storms off, tears in her eyes.

It's not that I dislike him, I'm just terrified for my sister's future.

And one other thing I did tell him, in private. If he ever sires a bastard on my sister, they will elope or I will kill him. This is not an idle threat. I don't care what happens to me after but by the Seven and all the Old Gods, I will avenge her honor if its the last thing I do in this world.
THAT seems to have gotten through his chivalry addled brain and he says with the seriousness of a heart attack that on his honor he'll not do anything to Mya.

Note on that subject, my character drinks but he does not whore and he doesn't fuck the servant girls like the other squires. Or at least he sticks to getting oral... in general he's probably the most sexually frustrated squire in the Vale of Arryn.
Shame how most of the younger servant girls giggle behind you but shut down tighter than Tywin Lannister's sense of humor when you look in their general direction.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well it isn't so much you're BAD with swords...but there's nothing like a crushing weapon.  You should be able to find a buckler somewhere.  As for throwing darts like I'm sure you mean...they're kinda rare out of Dorne in the extreme south and especially so among the Knights of the Vale.
I don't think I actually mentioned throwing darts anywhere. Wouldn't say no to a brace of knives though.

Hmm ... anything that could plausibly pass for first-aid supplies?

"Just the two of us Gabe, the others can take care of themselves."
I nod. That simplifies things. Off I go to see to that. I also make sure to get rope. You should always bring rope.

You manage to find a serving girl who's happy to help you out with the food.  

As you head towards to the armory you run into your Baby twin sister Mya (Seven Does she HATE it when you call her that) heading for the main hall of the Gates of the Moon, you frown a bit when you see that Jackass Mychal Redfort with her.  (He really isn't all that bad but the way she paws at her and she goes all goggle-eyed with him....brotherly instinct AWAY!!!!!)  You haven't had much chance working with him in the training since he's older than you AND he's the son of an important lord.  But maybe that might change after today and you prove yourself against the clansmen.
... well, in all honesty, she could probably do much much worse.

"Ah, excellent, I was just wondering where you'd gotten off to sister," I say, remaining perfectly civil. "I wanted to let you know, Ser Martyn and I will be away for a while ..."

Then I deliberately pause, frown, and take a long measuring glance at Redfort before addressing Mya again. "I'd been wondering about what it was that had you so preoccupied, and it turns out to have been a who. I suppose you're absolutely certain of this?"
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Rieverre wrote:I don't think I actually mentioned throwing darts anywhere. Wouldn't say no to a brace of knives though.

Hmm ... anything that could plausibly pass for first-aid supplies?
Ah a stabbing spear...yeah a dime a dozen in the armory. You also find a couple of knives that no one is using as well.

As for first aid...mostly bandages for the most part.

I nod. That simplifies things. Off I go to see to that. I also make sure to get rope. You should always bring rope.
You find rope.

... well, in all honesty, she could probably do much much worse.

"Ah, excellent, I was just wondering where you'd gotten off to sister," I say, remaining perfectly civil. "I wanted to let you know, Ser Martyn and I will be away for a while ..."

Then I deliberately pause, frown, and take a long measuring glance at Redfort before addressing Mya again. "I'd been wondering about what it was that had you so preoccupied, and it turns out to have been a who. I suppose you're absolutely certain of this?"
Mya scowls at you for a moment, then says, "Yes Mychel was just telling me about it. How are you feeling about riding out to fight for the first time, are you alright?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Brian Boru wrote:That got him to chuckle a bit.
Good.

"You want to tie one down long enough to do that be my guest lad."
"Only one, sire?"

Your father was Lord of Storms End and Now the King.  He can get away with some things.  YOU on the other hand are a bastard born of a Valeman Servant Girl....do the math there.  Though on the other hand he does sympathize with your situation and he understands your motives.  Just have some prudence about it.
I bristle at that but remain silent.

King's fucking blood should be worth something.

Fourteen year old girl being wooed by the squire of the best knight in the Vale, what do you expect?
Do not woo if you do not mean it.

That seemed to have been a low blow because she just stares at you, then slaps you with everything she's got and storms off, tears in her eyes.
We've had this conversation before.

I reach out and catch her.

"Mya. Be angry at me if you will, and yes, I did deserve that, but as we have no father worth calling as such it comes to me to protect you, and believe me, I will die to doing so with pride and a smile. But you must remain strong and remain aware that the world hates us. You're a king's daughter. A child of dragons, a child of a line that has ruled the Stormlands since the time of the Andels, but until we prove worthy, that one drop of common blood and a folly not our own makes us worthless in their eyes. We have to prove ourselves worthy to put right a sin we never commuted. And we will, but we cannot afford to lose sight. Then, and only then, can you have your knight."

Now, take a look at this...

I show her the hammer.

THAT seems to have gotten through his chivalry addled brain and he says with the seriousness of a heart attack that on his honor he'll not do anything to Mya.
Good. Because I'm serious. I may be called Stone, but I carry the Blood of the Storm Kings, and Ours is the Fury.

Shame how most of the younger servant girls giggle behind you but shut down tighter than Tywin Lannister's sense of humor when you look in their general direction.
I've mastered the death glare.

So, I muster with my Lord?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Ah a stabbing spear...yeah a dime a dozen in the armory.  You also find a couple of knives that no one is using as well.

As for first aid...mostly bandages for the most part.
Somewhat comforting on the former, not so much on the latter. Obtain a bottle of strong alcohol for disinfection purposes. And make a mental note to research what passes for local herbalism at some point in the future.

Mya scowls at you for a moment, then says, "Yes Mychel was just telling me about it.  How are you feeling about riding out to fight for the first time, are you alright?"
I can only shrug. "I don't think it matters much how I feel about it. The wilders certainly won't care. I'll either do alright or I won't and I'll only find out which one it is when the fighting starts, so I'm trying not to borrow worry."

I sheepishly hang my head.

"And I can't very well be upset with for any romantic pursuits, actual or intended, without being a massive hypocrite."

Pause.

"Just remember, if need be, stab, then twist, then wrench," I finish, with a wicked grin and patting the hilt of the knife on my belt.

Then I turn to the other squire, who is probably looking at me like I'm some kind of lunatic right now, and sketch out a short, sharp bow.

"Have you any siblings, sirrah? If so, then surely you realize I must obey the proper forms and inform you that, should you break my dear sister's heart I will be forced to endeavor to break your everything. That said, I wish you a good day, places to be, people to not be stabbed by."

... it's only after that's out that I realize I should probably police my mouth better.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:36 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Only one, sire?"
"It'd be you're own mad venture to try that. As for me? Good old steel, quick and gets it over with."

I bristle at that but remain silent.

King's fucking blood should be worth something.
...if you knew the later events of a Song of Ice and fire like I did....you might not want to say that...

As for your current situation...blame Daemon Blackfyre for making bastards in the eyes of Westerosi as pedophiles and furries are in modern society. You might be able to dig up his grave if you can get to Redgrass field and you could wail on it for a while. Might not make your situation better but it might make YOU feel better.

Do not woo if you do not mean it.
Idiot kids.

We've had this conversation before.

I reach out and catch her.

"Mya. Be angry at me if you will, and yes, I did deserve that, but as we have no father worth calling as such it comes to me to protect you, and believe me, I will die to doing so with pride and a smile. But you must remain strong and remain aware that the world hates us. You're a king's daughter. A child of dragons, a child of a line that has ruled the Stormlands since the time of the Andels, but until we prove worthy, that one drop of common blood and a folly not our own makes us worthless in their eyes. We have to prove ourselves worthy to put right a sin we never commuted. And we will, but we cannot afford to lose sight. Then, and only then, can you have your knight."
She listens to you for a while, that same hurt look on her face, but as you talk, she finally seems to get why you're so worried. "I understand (Insert Name), but Mychel seems better than most of them, and he's the youngest son of a third marriage...I doubt his father would remember him if Corbray wasn't his master. I think he would ask for my hand...maybe... I know you're only trying to protect me and but you are wearing yourself thin trying to be a parent for me. You're not any older than I am...I want the brother who threw mud with me when we were little back...I miss that brother..."

Now, take a look at this...

I show her the hammer.
She takes a look at it, and her eyes widen in shock and awe..."How...where did you get this?"

Good. Because I'm serious. I may be called Stone, but I carry the Blood of the Storm Kings, and Ours is the Fury.
Heh

I've mastered the death glare.
Heh, makes them giggle harder when you look away.

So, I muster with my Lord?
Yup. When you mount up with the others, some of the younger knights and the squires notice the hammer. Your master Martyn Lancet turns to you and says, "Where did you get that lad?"

Rieverre wrote:Somewhat comforting on the former, not so much on the latter. Obtain a bottle of strong alcohol for disinfection purposes. And make a mental note to research what passes for local herbalism at some point in the future.
Old and strong booze is pretty easy to find.

I can only shrug. "I don't think it matters much how I feel about it. The wilders certainly won't care. I'll either do alright or I won't and I'll only find out which one it is when the fighting starts, so I'm trying not to borrow worry."

I sheepishly hang my head.
"That's the best we can hope for Gabriel." Mychel mentions.

"And I can't very well be upset with for any romantic pursuits, actual or intended, without being a massive hypocrite."

Pause.
"Oh?" The both of them say.

"Just remember, if need be, stab, then twist, then wrench," I finish, with a wicked grin and patting the hilt of the knife on my belt.
She seems a bit indignant, luckily Mychel seems pretty laid back.

Then I turn to the other squire, who is probably looking at me like I'm some kind of lunatic right now, and sketch out a short, sharp bow.

"Have you any siblings, sirrah? If so, then surely you realize I must obey the proper forms and inform you that, should you break my dear sister's heart I will be forced to endeavor to break your everything. That said, I wish you a good day, places to be, people to not be stabbed by."

... it's only after that's out that I realize I should probably police my mouth better.
Mya looks on in horror, and while Mychel opens his eyes wider a moment but he seems to take it in stride. "No need to fear of your sister's honor, I'll be sure to treat her as if she were a lady."

You get a feeling that the guy is perfectly honest.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:51 am

Brian Boru wrote:
"It'd be you're own mad venture to try that.  As for me?  Good old steel, quick and gets it over with."
I shrug

"Rule of Law, m'lord. This is the Stormlands, we're civilized folk up here who rule by the kings law. We're not bloody Lannisters."

...if you knew the later events of a Song of Ice and fire like I did....you might not want to say that...
Lifetime of being treated like shit?

As for your current situation...blame Daemon Blackfyre for making bastards in the eyes of Westerosi as pedophiles and furries are in modern society.  You might be able to dig up his grave if you can get to Redgrass field and you could wail on it for a while.  Might not make your situation better but it might make YOU feel better.
Daemon was an overly entitled brute but it wasn't the fact that he was a bastard that was the problem in the end, it's that he's was an uneducated brute like the majority of the nobility.

She listens to you for a while, that same hurt look on her face, but as you talk, she finally seems to get why you're so worried.  "I understand (Insert Name), but Mychel seems better than most of them, and he's the youngest son of a third marriage...I doubt his father would remember him if Corbray wasn't his master.
"I'll believe that when you're leaving the Sept. Never underestimate the ability of a high lord to find a convenient way to sell a child, nor their ability to show apathy to said child's wishes. I mean, look at our own father... or don't because I barely remember the son of a bitch. Couldn't even get off his royal arse long enough to even bother to recognize us, no matter the fact he fucking named us.

I think he would ask for my hand...maybe...  I know you're only trying to protect me and but you are wearing yourself thin trying to be a parent for me.
"Someone has to protect you..."

You're not any older than I am...I want the brother who threw mud with me when we were little back...I miss that brother..."
I sigh wistfully, "I do too..."

She takes a look at it, and her eyes widen in shock and awe..."How...where did you get this?"
"Back of the armory collecting dust. Seems we're not the only things he left here and forgot about..."

Heh, makes them giggle harder when you look away.
Grumble grumble vile bitches grumble grumble

Yup.  When you mount up with the others, some of the younger knights and the squires notice the hammer.  Your master Martyn Lancet turns to you and says, "Where did you get that lad?"
"Found it collecting dust in the armory... thought it could use a better home"

The looks in my eye basically says as simple as day: "Mine now!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:I shrug

"Rule of Law, m'lord. This is the Vale, we're civilized folk up here who rule by the kings law. We're not bloody Lannisters."
He snorts, "Better not say that two months from now, as I was planning to take you with me to the tournament for Prince Joffery's nameday. Even IF I agree with you a bit. I hear there's a squires' joust and grand melee along with the grown knights. Pretty nice purse as well, 500 crowns for the winner of the melee and the joust each."

Lifetime of being treated like shit?
Try what happened to kings in ancient societies when shit went down.

Daemon was an overly entitled brute but it wasn't the fact that he was a bastard that was the problem in the end, it's that he's was an uneducated brute like the majority of the nobility.
And his old man was a gluttonous moron, even worse than you're father, if that's even possible.

"I'll believe that when you're leaving the Sept. Never underestimate the ability of a high lord to find a convenient way to sell a child, nor their ability to show apathy to said child's wishes. I mean, look at our own father... or don't because I barely remember the son of a bitch. Couldn't even get off his royal arse long enough to even bother to recognize us, no matter the fact he fucking named us.
"I can hope can't I?"

"Someone has to protect you..."
"It shouldn't have to be you."

I sigh wistfully, "I do too..."
There's a bit of wistful melancholy for a little while before you show her the hammer.

"Back of the armory collecting dust. Seems we're not the only things he left here and forgot about..."
"No...I guess not...can you use it? Do you think they'll let you keep it?"

"Found it collecting dust in the armory... thought it could use a better home"

The looks in my eye basically says as simple as day: "Mine now!"
There's some stifled silence especially among the knights that had served during Robert's residence in the Vale. A few younger or more assholish knights mutter something about, 'doesn't deserve it, not his son just his bastard'

Ser Martyn Lancet glares at the idiots who said that and that shuts them up a bit, then he turns back to you and says in a serious voice, "Are you able to use that thing lad? Otherwise you're only going to make yourself a liability out here."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:
He snorts, "Better not say that two months from now, as I was planning to take you with me to the tournament for Prince Joffery's nameday.  Even IF I agree with you a bit.  I hear there's a squires' joust and grand melee along with the grown knights.  Pretty nice purse as well, 500 crowns for the winner of the melee and the joust each."
I look quietly at him. "Any way I'd be permitted to compete with the Knights. I want to leave a good... impression... upon his... royal highness..."

If I have to I'll compete as a nameless Hedge knight.

Try what happened to kings in ancient societies when shit went down.
True, but beats being a doormat.

And his old man was a gluttonous moron, even worse than you're father, if that's even possible.
Robert just seems depressed to me actually...

"I can hope can't I?"
"Hope springs eternal, but in the mean time we live in the real world."

"It shouldn't have to be you."
"No, it shouldn't." I reply bitterly.

There's a bit of wistful melancholy for a little while before you show her the hammer.
Seriously.

"No...I guess not...can you use it?  Do you think they'll let you keep it?"
"If they want to take it they can try."

There's some stifled silence especially among the knights that had served during Robert's residence in the Vale.  A few younger or more assholish knights mutter something about, 'doesn't deserve it, not his son just his bastard'
The look in my eye at that is pure murder.

Ser Martyn Lancet glares at the idiots who said that and that shuts them up a bit, then he turns back to you and says in a serious voice, "Are you able to use that thing lad?  Otherwise you're only going to make yourself a liability out here."
"If you'd like me to prove I can use it then anyone who believes I shouldn't have it can step up and try and take it from me..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:

Pause.
"Oh?" The both of them say.
"Sister dear might have gotten all the beauty in the family, but even though I'm of questionable lineage I'm still a young man and a squire. That means I'm not exactly lacking in opportunities to indulge, despite holding off on indulging fully until such a time as I've tracked down a herbalist and learned enough to keep ... safe. Man's inventiveness and cunning are gifts from the Seven. It'd be a terrible shame if we didn't use them, and I can imagine worse causes."

All this said with a studied sort of resignation.

Mya looks on in horror, and while Mychel opens his eyes wider a moment but he seems to take it in stride. "No need to fear of your sister's honor, I'll be sure to treat her as if she were a lady."

You get a feeling that the guy is perfectly honest.
"Oh, no, don't do that, I think if you did she'd never forgive me!"

Pause.

"But, to be serious for a moment, this is probably not a conversation to be had in the here and now. I'm in a bit of a hurry. So, Ser Mychel, I shall take a chance and entrust my sister's well-being to you until I am back."

I give Mya a quick hug and jog off. Ser Martyn is waiting after all.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 am

Rieverre wrote:"Sister dear might have gotten all the beauty in the family, but even though I'm of questionable lineage I'm still a young man and a squire. That means I'm not exactly lacking in opportunities to indulge, despite holding off on indulging fully until such a time as I've tracked down a herbalist and learned enough to keep ... safe. Man's inventiveness and cunning are gifts from the Seven. It'd be a terrible shame if we didn't use them, and I can imagine worse causes."

All this said with a studied sort of resignation.
Mya actually flushes a bit at that.  Mychel seems...vaguely impressed.

She squawks again.

Pause.

"But, to be serious for a moment, this is probably not a conversation to be had in the here and now. I'm in a bit of a hurry. So, Ser Mychel, I shall take a chance and entrust my sister's well-being to you until I am back."  

I give Mya a quick hug and jog off. Ser Martyn is waiting after all.
Alright then, forgetting something back in the armory you go back in and before you turn back out, you notice something leaning against the wall in the background. Sitting there is a massive warhammer. Emblazoned on the side is a black stag. You realize this must have been Robert's hammer that he used as squire, before the one the famous blacksmith Donal Noye made for him after he achieved knighthood. You wonder why the thing hadn't been taken with him when he went to king's landing. Must have forgotten it. Like he forgot about you and your sister when he became king. That still stings a bit though you do accept that you and Mya wouldn't belong with the rest of the court. And considering what you'd heard about Cersei Lannister...that might be a blessing he didn't take you along. Then you grab the thing to heft it, and you realize it might have also been because only your old man could have lifted the damn thing. Him and your because it feels just a hair on the lightside to your for some reason.

Psyckosama wrote:I look quietly at him. "Any way I'd be permitted to compete with the Knights. I want to leave a good... impression... upon his... royal highness..."

If I have to I'll compete as a nameless Hedge knight.
He gives you a long hard look, "If this were a local tournament I might let you get away with it. But with 2000 dragons on the line...there's going to be some terrifying knights out there. Maybe even the Mountain, and he shudders at that.

Robert just seems depressed to me actually...
There is that.

"Hope springs eternal, but in the mean time we live in the real world."
True

"If they want to take it they can try."
She looks a little worried about that but says that if anyone deserves that hammer, it's you.

The look in my eye at that is pure murder.
And even a couple of knights flinch.

"If you'd like me to prove I can use it then anyone who believes I shouldn't have it can step up and try and take it from me..."
A recently annointed knight slides off his horse and pulls out a longsword and shield, "I'd like to give it a try, might be able to sell the thing back to the king for a tidy sum."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:
He gives you a long hard look, "If this were a local tournament I might let you get away with it.  But with 2000 dragons on the line...there's going to be some terrifying knights out there.  Maybe even the Mountain, and he shudders at that.
I give him a long and weary look. "I'm willing to take that risk."

True
"Glad we're eye to eye."

She looks a little worried about that but says that if anyone deserves that hammer, it's you.
Thank you.

And even a couple of knights flinch.
Grrr...

A recently annointed knight slides off his horse and pulls out a longsword and shield, "I'd like to give it a try, might be able to sell the thing back to the king for a tidy sum."
I look at my master. "How badly can I hurt this idiot?"

Frankly by the look of me, he'd be leaving this place in the care of the Silent Sisters if I was given half the chance.

And I hurt him as badly as the lord will allow. No more... and no less.

So, after the asskicking we fight mountain men?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:Mya actually flushes a bit at that.  Mychel seems...vaguely impressed.
Well, hopefully that'll get them thinking. And not just about fun between the sheets. Honestly, the easiest way of getting someone to do something is - at least given a certain kind of situation - forbidding them to do it. And forbidding her from doing something has never really worked on Mya.

She squawks again.

Alright then, forgetting something back in the armory you go back in and before you turn back out, you notice something leaning against the wall in the background. Sitting there is a massive warhammer. Emblazoned on the side is a black stag. You realize this must have been Robert's hammer that he used as squire, before the one the famous blacksmith Donal Noye made for him after he achieved knighthood. You wonder why the thing hadn't been taken with him when he went to king's landing. Must have forgotten it. Like he forgot about you and your sister when he became king. That still stings a bit though you do accept that you and Mya wouldn't belong with the rest of the court. And considering what you'd heard about Cersei Lannister...that might be a blessing he didn't take you along. Then you grab the thing to heft it, and you realize it might have also been because only your old man could have lifted the damn thing. Him and your because it feels just a hair on the lightside to your for some reason.
And if I felt like I had something to prove to dear-old-dad, that might actually mean something. As it stands, I really rather don't. My station in life is what it is, the fact that I'm actually being squired to a Knight of the Vale already gives me opportunities far better than those I could have had otherwise. If I feel bitter about things, it's really not by a lot. I'd rather take what I have and do the best I can with it rather than panting about may have beens, could haves, should haves, and didn'ts.

That aside, while I would not mind the warhammer as a weapon, it's not really my weapon of choice, and this particular warhammer would likely send the wrong message if I were seen wielding it. And it wouldn't really feel right to me either.

I'll wrap it in a blanket and take it along, showing it to Ser Martyn at earliest convenience and asking whether he could arrange to have it sent back to its actual owner, as clearly, it is a fine weapon that is most likely missed.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:11 am

Psyckosama wrote:I give him a long and weary look. "I'm willing to take that risk."
He's quiet for a while...then he sighs and says, "If I forbid you from doing something that dumb you'd just go ahead with it wouldn't you?"

"Dammit alright lad...but it was all your idea and I knew nothing about it."

"Glad we're eye to eye."
She sighs and the conversation continues.

Thank you.
"Besides other than maybe Bronze Royce who else could USE the damn thing?"

I look at my master. "How badly can I hurt this idiot?"

Frankly by the look of me, he'd be leaving this place in the care of the Silent Sisters if I was given half the chance.

And I hurt him as badly as the lord will allow. No more... and no less.

So, after the asskicking we fight mountain men?
Looking at his rough armor and general appearence, this is a Hedge knight, "Don't cripple him lad. And be careful yourself. Men from desperate places like him are nasty fighters sometimes."

The knight, who's at least twenty and has some fights under his belt he expects you to swing that hammer two handed and clumsily. When you swing that thing one handed like a baton and a shield in your other hand, it knocks him for an utter loop. Which is enough time to shatter his sword, crack his shield then knock him insensate with a lighter blow to the head.

All that took around a quarter of a minute.

The others stare at you. Finally Lyn Corbray, Mychel Redfort's master and the leader of the expidition sets a servant to see to the downed idiot then tells the 30 or so knights and older squires to ride out. You do so the horses thundering away from the Giant's Lance, one of the biggest mountains in the mountains of the moon, and the Eyrie perched atop the thing. This is the first time you'll be riding so far from home. You ride on for a while further into the mountains towards where the raids have been occuring. Roll a d100 for your encounter.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:He's quiet for a while...then he sighs and says, "If I forbid you from doing something that dumb you'd just go ahead with it wouldn't you?"
"Probably not, but I'd resent you for it until my dying day."

"Dammit alright lad...but it was all your idea and I knew nothing about it."
"Deal."

She sighs and the conversation continues.
She gets a hug.

"Besides other than maybe Bronze Royce who else could USE the damn thing?"
I laugh.

Looking at his rough armor and general appearence, this is a Hedge knight, "Don't cripple him lad.  And be careful yourself.  Men from desperate places like him are nasty fighters sometimes."
"I know that better than most," I say matter of factly.

The knight, who's at least twenty and has some fights under his belt he expects you to swing that hammer two handed and clumsily.  When you swing that thing one handed like a baton and a shield in your other hand, it knocks him for an utter loop.  Which is enough time to shatter his sword, crack his shield then knock him insensate with a lighter blow to the head.
Heh. Well done, me.

All that took around a quarter of a minute.
That long? I need to work on my timing!

And I say as much under my breath loudly enough so people can hear me.

How does Mychel react to seeing what I look like when I'm pissed off and fighting for real?

The others stare at you.  Finally Lyn Corbray, Mychel Redfort's master and the leader of the expidition sets a servant to see to the downed idiot then tells the 30 or so knights and older squires to ride out.  You do so the horses thundering away from the Giant's Lance, one of the biggest mountains in the mountains of the moon, and the Eyrie perched atop the thing.  This is the first time you'll be riding so far from home.  You ride on for a while further into the mountains towards where the raids have been occuring.  Roll a d100 for your encounter.
Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:58 pm

OOC: Let's see how this goes for a guy that has only a passing familiarity of the universe.

As the pounding headache fades I notice the heavy footsteps of... my master. The one that trains me in my duties as a Squire and future as a Knight.

Taking a deep breath I calm my nerves and grab and throw on my clothes and state in a loud voice. "I am awake my lord, I will be out shortly." I steady myself and then head out after checking that I'm ready, initiative is a good thing to have as a habit. Might save you in a fight one day.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:07 am

Rieverre wrote:Well, hopefully that'll get them thinking. And not just about fun between the sheets. Honestly, the easiest way of getting someone to do something is - at least given a certain kind of situation - forbidding them to do it. And forbidding her from doing something has never really worked on Mya.
Very true and you think, or at least hope, that it worked and she got the message.

And if I felt like I had something to prove to dear-old-dad, that might actually mean something. As it stands, I really rather don't. My station in life is what it is, the fact that I'm actually being squired to a Knight of the Vale already gives me opportunities far better than those I could have had otherwise. If I feel bitter about things, it's really not by a lot. I'd rather take what I have and do the best I can with it rather than panting about may have beens, could haves, should haves, and didn'ts.

That aside, while I would not mind the warhammer as a weapon, it's not really my weapon of choice, and this particular warhammer would likely send the wrong message if I were seen wielding it. And it wouldn't really feel right to me either.

I'll wrap it in a blanket and take it along, showing it to Ser Martyn at earliest convenience and asking whether he could arrange to have it sent back to its actual owner, as clearly, it is a fine weapon that is most likely missed.
Alright then, his eyes widen when you show him the weapon. He asks where you got the thing and after hearing where you found it and your intentions with it, he frowns, there's a tournament down in King's Landing in honor of Prince Joffery's Nameday, I was planning on bringing you along with me you can deliver it there. Otherwise we'd have to pay a small fortune to deliver it and keep it safe."

In any case you gather up with the 30 other knights and squires, all of whom are being led by Mychel Redfort's master Lyn Corbray, the BEST swordsman in the Vale of Arryn. He sees everyone is read and shouts, "We ride!"

You head into the mountains of the Moon seeing little trouble at first. But as you ride further on...

Roll a d100

Psyckosama wrote:"Probably not, but I'd resent you for it until my dying day."
"And that'd be a headache I DON'T want to deal with."

She gets a hug.
She appreciates it.

I laugh.
She laughs with you, she has a nice lusty laugh, you remember at the edge of your memories a bigger male version of the same thing.

"I know that better than most," I say matter of factly.
"True."

Heh. Well done, me.
Well done indeed, some minor lords might hear about it...or might not he WAS only a hedge knight and you a bastard.

That long? I need to work on my timing!

And I say as much under my breath loudly enough so people can hear me.

How does Mychel react to seeing what I look like when I'm pissed off and fighting for real?
That gets some raised eye-brows and Mychel seems just a hair concerned about his personal health.

As you pass through a torched and looted village you swear you hear some bushes cracking up the hillside. When you look up you see to your shock that arrows, spears and axes are falling down among the group, one or two men down. Then you see boiling out of the scrub and charging down are at least 100 hill tribesmen. And they are utterly silent vocally, not even cursing in pain when a few trip on the scree they're running over. Only one Hill Tribe is that quiet in the charge....

"Burned Men!" A knight nearby calls out. You don't have enough room for a combined charge here and they have you a bit flat footed.

"Draw swords and be ready fight! Let's cut these bastards down." Corbray snarls, his famous temper flaring.

Aceraptor wrote:OOC: Let's see how this goes for a guy that has only a passing familiarity of the universe.
Heh heh

As the pounding headache fades I notice the heavy footsteps of... my master. The one that trains me in my duties as a Squire and future as a Knight.

Taking a deep breath I calm my nerves and grab and throw on my clothes and state in a loud voice. "I am awake my lord, I will be out shortly." I steady myself and then head out after checking that I'm ready, initiative is a good thing to have as a habit. Might save you in a fight one day.
"Alright then lad. Hurry on out once you're ready."

Once you're changed you see the door open and your master a big, black-haired and grey-eyed knight look you over then nod. "Alright lad. Go on and get something to eat, then have our horses ready to ride and my armor ready...oh and make sure to get some gear for yourself from the armory. I've decided you're old enough that you can ride out with me and some of the other knights and help us deal with some hill tribe trouble."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:"And that'd be a headache I DON'T want to deal with."
"Then its decided, I sneak on my big-boy britches and fight with the men..."

She appreciates it.
Heh.

She laughs with you, she has a nice lusty laugh, you remember at the edge of your memories a bigger male version of the same thing.
Our father is such a fat fucking prick.

Well done indeed, some minor lords might hear about it...or might not he WAS only a hedge knight and you a bastard.
Start small.

That gets some raised eye-brows and Mychel seems just a hair concerned about his personal health.
I look at him and smile. "Remember. A Shovel."

As you pass through a torched and looted village you swear you hear some bushes cracking up the hillside.  When you look up you see to your shock that arrows, spears and axes are falling down among the group, one or two men down.  Then you see boiling out of the scrub and charging down are at least 100 hill tribesmen.  And they are utterly silent vocally, not even cursing in pain when a few trip on the scree they're running over.  Only one Hill Tribe is that quiet in the charge....

"Burned Men!"  A knight nearby calls out.  You don't have enough room for a combined charge here and they have you a bit flat footed.

"Draw swords and be ready fight!  Let's cut these bastards down."  Corbray snarls, his famous temper flaring.
I ready my hammer and go all out when we counter charge. When/if I lose my shield I draw my sword (which is probably a damned hand and a half) and fight with with a blade in one hand and a hammer in the over like a whirling dervish of death.

I do make sure to keep an eye out for a large bloke, probably middle aged with one eye or obvious scaring on his hands. Basically I go after the biggest, nastiest motherfuckers there. I want to kill the leader.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:11 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Alright then lad.  Hurry on out once you're ready."

Once you're changed you see the door open and your master a big, black-haired and grey-eyed knight look you over then nod.  "Alright lad.  Go on and get something to eat, then have our horses ready to ride and my armor ready...oh and make sure to get some gear for yourself from the armory. I've decided you're old enough that you can ride out with me and some of the other knights and help us deal with some hill tribe trouble."
"As you will, my lord." I bow slightly to him in respect.

But... "My lord, shall I secure supplies for our ride? Travel rations and the like? If we are chasing hill men raiders it sounds like we may be away for some time."

After this, I head to the hall to get what I can to eat, as well as seeing if I can get non-perishable foods, jerkies, smoked meat, etc, plus jugs of water to pack for our ride out. Compact foods that can be carried easily.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum