Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 5 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:19 am

Psyckosama wrote:I do give him a good pat on the back and a friendly smile though.
He smiles weakly back.

"Thankfully none, but I have a perfect memory, love to read, and the local Maester was a sucker for my pitiful puppy dog eyes act as a boy."
He gives you a look..."You have...interesting tastes....they make books about that?"

Alright. After all the shit I've done to you I kinda deserve it.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

As long as they don't do anything utterly insane, I get the hell out of their way.
It's all actually QUITE professional and careful.

I stand tall at my father's approval.
People cheer.

My head whips around and my eyes lock with his.

So this little shit is what I was thrown away to produce... on a intellectual level, as Psyckosama I know what a monster he is. But Eddard, this is his first experience and he's disgusted.

Not only that but the foul little shit stain is a product of incest, a bastard prince who's not even a king's son, but he's a disgusting little prick who's unworthy of all of it.

ALL! OF! MY! HATE!

It's a fucking insult. All of this.
He actually flinches for a moment, though he doesn't seem to know why he did so, then he blusters like the cock of the rock to prove to himself that the distilled rage of a thousand gregors didn't just blast him a moment ago from an unknown direction. He sneers at the weird mystery knight then turns to talk to someone sitting next to him.

And just for that... I'm going to utterly destroy him.

Maybe not kill him, but I want to humiliate him. And if my lance should accidentally find its way to his crotch I will consider it justice.
Heh heh

Well as you dismount from your horse and lead him back towards where you're camping with Martyn, who was knocked out in the second round. However you're accosted by several messengers, the sigil of houses Mallister, Swann, and even one from House Baratheon of Storm's end all are hovering around the edge of the lists.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 5 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:He smiles weakly back.
And I leave it at that for now.

He gives you a look..."You have...interesting tastes....they make books about that?"
"They make books about everything. And in that case it was less 'interesting tastes' and more it was parchment with words on it... I'll read damned near anything."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
I'll remember this, squire...

It's all actually QUITE professional and careful.
I approve.

People cheer.
Yeah!

He actually flinches for a moment, though he doesn't seem to know why he did so, then he blusters like the cock of the rock to prove to himself that the distilled rage of a thousand gregors didn't just blast him a moment ago from an unknown direction.  He sneers at the weird mystery knight then turns to talk to someone sitting next to him.
Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 5 All+of+my+hate+for+worthless+trash+such+as+this+_4445aa8adcc77601303bfb2f9ecb636f

Well as you dismount from your horse and lead him back towards where you're camping with Martyn, who was knocked out in the second round.  However you're accosted by several messengers, the sigil of houses Mallister, Swann, and even one from House Baratheon of Storm's end all are hovering around the edge of the lists.
I'd be willing to speak with their masters after the fact, but for now the mystery knight stays a mystery.

Then I give a speech about how flattered I am by the attention honoring their various masters et all.

So anything else tonight or tomorrow?

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:43 am

Rieverre wrote:Strange, that was a nearly perfect setup ... maybe they're not quite as dangerous as I'd feared. I'd been assuming that the exchange had gone somewhat in their favor, what with the training costs of knights and squires factored in. Maybe I forgot to factor in the possibility of them having their own manpower issues. Or they weren't an actual raiding party as much as a scouting party for a larger force, in which case I'm underestimating them for all the wrong reasons. Ugh.
Oh they're plenty deadly, if you're in a small group, but 30 heavily armed knights? Yeah.... Also they'd be far worse if they had some proper weapons.

I greet Mya, though I'm a little subdued in that since I'm still mulling over recent events in my head, and let her know I gave decent accounting of myself though without any details. I'll probably not make a very famous knight - the bragging part of the whole deal isn't really my cuppa.
"Decent accounting you say", Mychel comments, "He fought like a Shadowcat out there. It was awe inspiring. He keeps fighting like that and he might even become a Kingsguard someday." That is a HIGH complement considering the honor of the position and your bastard hood.

Well, regardless, I'll continue by asking if anything interesting has happened while I was away.

And yes, I do take care to not get distracted and make sure I'm washed up and my gear is cleaned up by the time I'm expected to show up for the report.
A few hours later you're called into the main hall where Nestor Royce, a big man himself, is seated at the high seat. He then turns to Lyn and asks him to make his report. Lyn does so, making mention of your utter ferocity in the fight and you're astuteness about what the hillmen would be likely doing. Nestor blinks in surprise but holds his comments for the moment. Then he turns to you and asks that you give you're comments on what Lyn said about you.

Psyckosama wrote:"They make books about everything. And in that case it was less 'interesting tastes' and more it was parchment with words on it... I'll read damned near anything."
"Indeed...."

I'll remember this, squire...
Heh

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 5 All+of+my+hate+for+worthless+trash+such+as+this+_4445aa8adcc77601303bfb2f9ecb636f
Other people actually notice that one, the queen even notices the hate though not the target, might want to reign back on the fury before you get plugged with crossbow bolts.

I'd be willing to speak with their masters after the fact, but for now the mystery knight stays a mystery.

Then I give a speech about how flattered I am by the attention honoring their various masters et all.

So anything else tonight or tomorrow?
Nothing else tonight amazingly. Martyn is incredibly impressed as is Mya though Martyn wonders just what you plan to do next once this tourney is over.

The next day dawns and you line up against Jaime Lannister, his armor resplendent in the late morning sun.

The two of you nod then you charge, his horse is faster, stronger, and bigger, you ride better. The two of you clash, both breaking spears, and Jaime Lannister goes rocketing through the air like a bullet and actually rolls several times before coming to a stop. The entire stadium is dead silent....except for Robert who's laughing like a loon at the groaning Jaime Lannister who had an entire case of whoopass opened on him.

He isn't possibly lethally injured but he got the shit knocked out of him. Applause begins after a while and while sincere is a little subdued from the stunned nature of the crowd.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:50 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Indeed...."
"A perfect memory has its upsides. For example I can simply close my eyes and remember with perfect clarity the first time I had my cock sucked."

Other people actually notice that one, the queen even notices the hate though not the target, might want to reign back on the fury before you get plugged with crossbow bolts.
Just saying how I feel. I'm not stupid enough to sit there glaring.

Nothing else tonight amazingly.  Martyn is incredibly impressed as is Mya though Martyn wonders just what you plan to do next once this tourney is over.
I'll make that plan when I get there. Right now I'm sure I'll have offers from every lord in Westeros.

The next day dawns and you line up against Jaime Lannister, his armor resplendent in the late morning sun.
This is gonna rock...

The two of you nod then you charge, his horse is faster, stronger, and bigger, you ride better.  The two of you clash, both breaking spears, and Jaime Lannister goes rocketing through the air like a bullet and actually rolls several times before coming to a stop.  The entire stadium is dead silent....except for Robert who's laughing like a loon at the groaning Jaime Lannister who had an entire case of whoopass opened on him.

He isn't possibly lethally injured but he got the shit knocked out of him.  Applause begins after a while and while sincere is a little subdued from the stunned nature of the crowd.
Pity that.

Anyways I ride by the royal stand and give a little flourish. Both to amuse Robert and doubtlessly to enrage the bitch beyond her current degree of sputtering indignity.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:"A perfect memory has its upsides. For example I can simply close my eyes and remember with perfect clarity the first time I had my cock sucked."
"You're something different alright."

I'll make that plan when I get there. Right now I'm sure I'll have offers from every lord in Westeros.
"Considering how you rode lad I wouldn't be surprised...you've made me proud lad, very very proud. I am honored to have been your mentor."

Pity that.

Anyways I ride by the royal stand and give a little flourish. Both to amuse Robert and doubtlessly to enrage the bitch beyond her current degree of sputtering indignity.
Robert laughs again and nods to you, Cersei looks ready to spit nails. Now You, Barristan, Thoros, and Gregor are left. You're lined up against Barristan, one of the greatest knights if not THE greatest knight in the Seven Kingdoms.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:"You're something different alright."
I laugh.

"Considering how you rode lad I wouldn't be surprised...you've made me proud lad, very very proud.  I am honored to have been your mentor."
"And I your student... and considering that I doubt the queen will want anything to do with my honors once I reduce her brother, from whom I get creepy feelings from the way they look at each other, will be pleased with me after I reduce her brother to a smear... should I just honor Mya?"

Robert laughs again and nods to you, Cersei looks ready to spit nails.
Just as planned.

Now You, Barristan, Thoros, and Gregor are left.  You're lined up against Barristan, one of the greatest knights if not THE greatest knight in the Seven Kingdoms.
Oh blood-de-hell...

Yeah, I try and hit him hard and fast. No hate just I want to WIN. I NEED TO WIN THIS ONE!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 am

Brian Boru wrote:Oh they're plenty deadly, if you're in a small group, but 30 heavily armed knights?  Yeah....  Also they'd be far worse if they had some proper weapons.
I imagine training has something to do with it as well. Ferocity is all well and good, but certain things just work better when you've got discipline and drill on your side. Things that are dicey in a one-on-one situation can become a day's work with five-on-five if one party of five has the training to work together.

"Decent accounting you say", Mychel comments, "He fought like a Shadowcat out there.  It was awe inspiring.  He keeps fighting like that and he might even become a Kingsguard someday."  That is a HIGH complement considering the honor of the position and your bastard hood.
"Right now, I'm happy with counting any skirmish I can walk away from as a win," I offer sardonically. "Ambition can come after I'm actually a knight. Still, my thanks for the praise."

A few hours later you're called into the main hall where Nestor Royce, a big man himself, is seated at the high seat.  He then turns to Lyn and asks him to make his report.  Lyn does so, making mention of your utter ferocity in the fight and you're astuteness about what the hillmen would be likely doing.  Nestor blinks in surprise but holds his comments for the moment.  Then he turns to you and asks that you give you're comments on what Lyn said about you.
I gulp slightly, being put on the spot like that, but then square my shoulders and answer, beginning by thanking Ser Lyn for his praise, that I have Ser Martyn's tutelage to thank for my ability in combat and my astuteness, as we spend as much time discussing tactics as we do on combat drills, and I do some reading on the subject in my spare time. Any of the aforementioned astuteness was simply doing or saying what made sense given the situation and what said tutelage allowed me to infer.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:
OOC:  You need to announce what you want to do to them....
OOC: I *did* say in previous posts that I was looking to capture him. But its my mistake that I didn't specify it in this post.

IC:  Ser Martyn is well, but Mychel got a bit battered, nothing lethal but he'll be hurting for a while.
Well, its a good thing Mychel's still alive, if he had gotten killed Mya would have been rather... uh, upset, would be the word for it I guess. Well, at least for Mychel he's battered enough for Mya to fuss over for a while. Much as it would grate me personally.

"Well, I see you've survived the battle Mychel, good." I gave a slight smile to the battered man. "After all, I wouldn't want to explain to my sister that you got yourself killed, despite my misgivings about your relationship with my sister, I do not want to see her heart broken."

Anyways, I'll also look around for any notable loot, say, the hillmen leader's gear or any of the others that I've killed.

Martyn sees you and smiles, "Gods lad, when the hell did you learn to do that?"  Others lean in as well.
I grin at my master, injecting a bit of levity to my seriousness. "All thanks to your training my lord. After all, I wouldn't be the person I am now without your guidance sir."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:"And I your student... and considering that I doubt the queen will want anything to do with my honors once I reduce her brother, from whom I get creepy feelings from the way they look at each other, will be pleased with me after I reduce her brother to a smear... should I just honor Mya?"
"You could but that would put unwanted attention on her, better just to pick a girl out at random and say, 'To the fairest I see today' or something flowery like that."

Just as planned.
Heh

Oh blood-de-hell...

Yeah, I try and hit him hard and fast. No hate just I want to WIN. I NEED TO WIN THIS ONE!
You ride against each other three times, both of you always making a hit and breaking spears, but on the fourth charge, you manage to find the sweet spot and flatten the older man forcing him to call a surrender. People are now wildly cheering for you, it takes astounding skill to unhorse a man, but knocking down every man you've gone up against in a seven round tournament, against some of the best knights in the seven kingdoms? Forcing Barristan Selmy to surrender, you've already entered legend like other famous knights. All that is left is your final opponent and like a giant out of folk lore, it's the mighty Mountain that Rides, the third Knight of Clegane's Keep, Ser Gregor Clegane. Thoros had the hell knocked out of him, but he's still alive.

Rieverre wrote:I imagine training has something to do with it as well. Ferocity is all well and good, but certain things just work better when you've got discipline and drill on your side. Things that are dicey in a one-on-one situation can become a day's work with five-on-five if one party of five has the training to work together.
There's also that.

"Right now, I'm happy with counting any skirmish I can walk away from as a win," I offer sardonically. "Ambition can come after I'm actually a knight. Still, my thanks for the praise."
"Faint praise to be honest, when you're knighted, I'll be sure to talk to my father and see if there is a place for you in our house hold. Bastard or no a man who can fight like yourself is something to be treasured and praised." He seems to honestly mean it, though he IS a third son what he can influence is a bit....limited.

I gulp slightly, being put on the spot like that, but then square my shoulders and answer, beginning by thanking Ser Lyn for his praise, that I have Ser Martyn's tutelage to thank for my ability in combat and my astuteness, as we spend as much time discussing tactics as we do on combat drills, and I do some reading on the subject in my spare time. Any of the aforementioned astuteness was simply doing or saying what made sense given the situation and what said tutelage allowed me to infer.
Never the less, you showed incredible talent and insight for a boy your age and so you shall be rewarded. For slaying 10 Hillstribesmen, you shall be awarded 10 silver stags. Save it or spend it as you see fit though he suggests saving it for horse and armor.

Aceraptor wrote:OOC: I *did* say in previous posts that I was looking to capture him. But its my mistake that I didn't specify it in this post.
Ah sorry hard to keep track sometimes....Embarassed 

Well, its a good thing Mychel's still alive, if he had gotten killed Mya would have been rather... uh, upset, would be the word for it I guess. Well, at least for Mychel he's battered enough for Mya to fuss over for a while. Much as it would grate me personally.
Heh

"Well, I see you've survived the battle Mychel, good." I gave a slight smile to the battered man. "After all, I wouldn't want to explain to my sister that you got yourself killed, despite my misgivings about your relationship with my sister, I do not want to see her heart broken."

Anyways, I'll also look around for any notable loot, say, the hillmen leader's gear or any of the others that I've killed.
He laughs at that though there's a wince. "Glad to see you care."

I grin at my master, injecting a bit of levity to my seriousness. "All thanks to your training my lord. After all, I wouldn't be the person I am now without your guidance sir."
"My training he says...Well if you insist on giving me that sort of credit then I'll gladly accept it." The other's laugh as well for a moment. Then Lyn Corbray, the leader of the expidition say to saddle up once the bodies are disposed then ride back to the Gates of the Moon.

As for rummaging , you find a single silver stag, looking through their stuff, you realize just how POOR and hand to mouth the Hill Tribes are, no wonder they raid like they do, they'd starve otherwise.

Well once you pack up you start riding back home. You did exceptionally well with killing (roll 1d10 +4) as well as the Leader of the Warband.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:"You could but that would put unwanted attention on her, better just to pick a girl out at random and say, 'To the fairest I see today' or something flowery like that."
"Then I'll just name my other cute little sister then..."

You ride against each other three times, both of you always making a hit and breaking spears, but on the fourth charge, you manage to find the sweet spot and flatten the older man forcing him to call a surrender.  People are now wildly cheering for you, it takes astounding skill to unhorse a man, but knocking down every man you've gone up against in a seven round tournament, against some of the best knights in the seven kingdoms?  Forcing Barristan Selmy to surrender, you've already entered legend like other famous knights.
I ride past him again and say loud enough for all to hear. "The honor was mine, Ser." and raise my first in salute.

All that is left is your final opponent and like a giant out of folk lore, it's the mighty Mountain that Rides,  the third Knight of Clegane's Keep, Ser Gregor Clegane.  Thoros had the hell knocked out of him, but he's still alive.
I intend to break him. If I don't cripple him, fine, if I don't kill him whatever, but I want him to be unhorsed and I want him to be limping... if its a chronic injury... mission accomplished.

I wanted to humiliate Jamie. I want to reduce the mountain to gravel and use him to grit my fucking walk.

ALL OF MY HATE!

Oh, and once he's unhorsed I make sure to keep him from killing his mount. It's huge. It's MINE!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:29 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Then I'll just name my other cute little sister then..."
They look confused for a moment before remembering who is could be your sister, then they laugh, "Clever." Martyn comments.

I ride past him again and say loud enough for all to hear. "The honor was mine, Ser." and raise my first in salute.
"Mine as well." He says in a clear voice, then in a low tone, "Exceptional riding for a boy your age." He seems to already know you're just a kid. Before you respond, he rides off to have the Maester's look at him.

I intend to break him. If I don't cripple him, fine, if I don't kill him whatever, but I want him to be unhorsed and I want him to be limping... if its a chronic injury... mission accomplished.

I wanted to humiliate Jamie. I want to reduce the mountain to gravel and use him to grit my fucking walk.

ALL OF MY HATE!

Oh, and once he's unhorsed I make sure to keep him from killing his mount. It's huge. It's MINE!
You fire towards him like a ballista bolt. He's not that much slower. The two of you clash and it seems like the earth rumbles for a second. You're entire arm stings, and his lance hits like running into an outcrop of stone while riding at full tilt. But both of you are still upright.

You ride again. Again the same results.

Third

Fourth

Fifth

But on the sixth time mighty Gregor borks something up and he tumbles out of his saddle. Your shoulders and chest are one gigantic bruise but you fucking did it. Gregor seems to be too fazed at the moment so you're going to need to get that damn horse away from him. The gigantic, likely ill-tempered and uncut stallion...

But the crowd erupts into cheers, Robert all but Roaring while Cersei sits and stews.

Now a garland of gold and red roses is presented so you can crown the queen of love and beauty.

You look up and notice that every single young woman in the stands seems to be more than a little...excited from anticipation...
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:They look confused for a moment before remembering who is could be your sister, then they laugh, "Clever." Martyn comments.
"Thank you, master. I try."

"Mine as well."  He says in a clear voice, then in a low tone, "Exceptional riding for a boy your age."  He seems to already know you're just a kid.  Before you respond, he rides off to have the Maester's look at him.
I pause for a moment and then chuckle. "It would be my honor to have a drink with you, ser."

You fire towards him like a ballista bolt.  He's not that much slower.  The two of you clash and it seems like the earth rumbles for a second. You're entire arm stings, and his lance hits like running into an outcrop of stone while riding at full tilt.  But both of you are still upright.

You ride again.  Again the same results.

Third

Fourth

Fifth

But on the sixth time mighty Gregor borks something up and he tumbles out of his saddle.  Your shoulders and chest are one gigantic bruise but you fucking did it.   Gregor seems to be too fazed at the moment so you're going to need to get that damn horse away from him.  The gigantic, likely ill-tempered and uncut stallion...
I twirl around and grab the reigns hard enough that the damned animal will obey or have its neck twisted off.

"I'm afraid you're not going to be harming this one, Clegane. Mine by right."

But the crowd erupts into cheers, Robert all but Roaring while Cersei sits and stews.
I smirk under my helmet and once again salute the royal couple. And by that I mean my father.

Now a garland of gold and red roses is presented so you can crown the queen of love and beauty.

You look up and notice that every single young woman in the stands seems to be more than a little...excited from anticipation...
Again I ride to the royal booth, in particular where the princess is sitting.

"I can think of none better suited than than darling Princess, Myrcella. Not yet a woman and already unmatched in beauty and grace. I believe this will be the first of many such honors she will undoubtedly receive and it pleases me to have the opportunity to be the first to do so."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Ah sorry hard to keep track sometimes....Embarassed
No problem.

He laughs at that though there's a wince.  "Glad to see you care."
Ha.

"My training he says...Well if you insist on giving me that sort of credit then I'll gladly accept it."  The other's laugh as well for a moment. Then Lyn Corbray, the leader of the expedition say to saddle up once the bodies are disposed then ride back to the Gates of the Moon.
Well, today was a productive excursion.

As for rummaging , you find a single silver stag, looking through their stuff, you realize just how POOR and hand to mouth the Hill Tribes are, no wonder they raid like they do, they'd starve otherwise.
Well, I'll pocket the silver stag. Its a battlefield souvenir, and I'll keep it to commemorate this battle.

Well once you pack up you start riding back home.  You did exceptionally well with killing (roll 1d10 +4) as well as the Leader of the Warband.
Well, time to head back home.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:53 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 1

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:58 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Thank you, master. I try."
Some more chuckles.

I pause for a moment and then chuckle. "It would be my honor to have a drink with you, ser."
"I'll hold you to it."

I twirl around and grab the reigns hard enough that the damned animal will obey or have its neck twisted off.

"I'm afraid you're not going to be harming this one, Clegane. Mine by right."
You manage to lead the horse away from Clegane quick enough that he doesn't see the animal when he gets up roaring. He then stomps off the tourney field with his squire behind him...the poor poor fuck...

I smirk under my helmet and once again salute the royal couple. And by that I mean my father.
Heh

Again I ride to the royal booth, in particular where the princess is sitting.

"I can think of none better suited than than darling Princess, Myrcella. Not yet a woman and already unmatched in beauty and grace. I believe this will be the first of many such honors she will undoubtedly receive and it pleases me to have the opportunity to be the first to do so."
People are a little surprised but they seem to take it in stride and the little princess comes forward to take the crown of roses. The other young women seem a little put off but they see the little girl blushing a beaming and they melt all over again.

Robert stands up and you see he's closer to a somewhat overweight Offensive lineman right now compared to the UFC fighter he was or the ball of blubber he becomes.

"You've done exceptionally well Ser Knight, come forward so that you may receive your prize." 2000 gold dragons.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:02 am

Aceraptor wrote:Well, I'll pocket the silver stag. Its a battlefield souvenir, and I'll keep it to commemorate this battle.
With that you ride for home.

Well, time to head back home.
wow you got the worst roll possible.

Well you killed 5 hill tribes men as well as the leader himself. A very good start for a long career as a knight.

When you enter the gates, Mya is all a tizzy when she sees that Mychel is hurt but she still sees to you first before changing her focus.

Martyn tells you that Nestor Royce wishes you to be with the knights when they report the success of the mission.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Some more chuckles.
Evil grin.

"I'll hold you to it."
"And I you."

You manage to lead the horse away from Clegane quick enough that he doesn't see the animal when he gets up roaring.  He then stomps off the tourney field with his squire behind him...the poor poor fuck...
Better him than me.

I better get that armor and his weapons...

People are a little surprised but they seem to take it in stride and the little princess comes forward to take the crown of roses.  The other young women seem a little put off but they see the little girl blushing a beaming and they melt all over again.
I smile at this. Too bad this one isn't my blood sibling. Then I might be pleased.

Robert stands up and you see he's closer to a somewhat overweight Offensive lineman right now compared to the UFC fighter he was or the ball of blubber he becomes.
I'll have to help him with that.

"You've done exceptionally well Ser Knight, come forward so that you may receive your prize."  2000 gold dragons.
I do so and accept it but say,

"I must admit to you, Lord King, that it is my shame to say that I am not truly a knight but just a simple squire competing without the leave of his Master..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:Better him than me.

I better get that armor and his weapons...
Well he'll ransom them back. You really want to try and keep that shit though?

I do so and accept it but say,

"I must admit to you, Lord King, that it is my shame to say that I am not truly a knight but just a simple squire competing without the leave of his Master..."
The king along with everyone within earshot hears this, then begins to laugh. And how old are ye lad?"

When he hears it, "14? HAHAHAH!!!!!" That sets him laughing again, "You've fire lad! As for being a mere squire," He then vaults the stand down to the tourney ground below and walks to you, "Kneel lad."

Once you do so, Robert draws a ceremonial sword from his side. "Remove you helmet lad and state your name lad."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well he'll ransom them back.  You really want to try and keep that shit though?
And mount it on a fucking wall.

The king along with everyone within earshot hears this, then begins to laugh.  And how old are ye lad?"  
"Fourteen, sire."

When he hears it, "14?  HAHAHAH!!!!!"  That sets him laughing again, "You've fire lad!  As for being a mere squire,"  He then vaults the stand down to the tourney ground below and walks to you, "Kneel lad."
Of course I do.

Once you do so, Robert draws a ceremonial sword from his side.  "Remove you helmet lad and state your name lad."
I remove my helmet with my head down low then look up to him.

"Eddard Stone of the Eyrie, sire."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:
With that you ride for home.
Great.

wow you got the worst roll possible.
Somehow yes.

Well you killed 5 hill tribes men as well as the leader himself.  A very good start for a long career as a knight.
True that. I'm just a squire (I think) and I killed that many in my very first battle. Not a bad way to start my career.

When you enter the gates, Mya is all a tizzy when she sees that Mychel is hurt but she still sees to you first before changing her focus.
I smile at her antics.

Martyn tells you that Nestor Royce wishes you to be with  the knights when they report the success of the mission.
I will of course go, that is if Sir Martyn agrees. He is after all my master and teacher.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:And mount it on a fucking wall.
Need to get a wall...

I remove my helmet with my head down low then look up to him.

"Eddard Stone of the Eyrie, sire."
His jaw drops and he takes a step back from you for a moment. A collective gasp goes through the entire crowd once it sinks in that the 14 year old bastard son of the king just mauled seven other knights in a tourney in honor of your 'trueborn' brother.

Whispers and mutters abound. Cersei has stood up and she's almost breath taking in her fury, she storms to a pair of guards and howls "SEIZE THAT BASTARD! HE'S HUMILIATED THE ENTIRE ROYAL HOUSE WITH HIS PRESENCE AND HIS DISHONEST VICTORIES! HE MUST BE PUNISHED!" Not usually her first response but holy fuck is she angry right now.

This seems to wake the king up and infuriates him, he face turns red and he turns to the Guards, "HALT!" His thunderous roar almost shakes the very ground. "FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE WOMAN...SHUT UP! Guards, I think my wife is tired, take her back to the keep...infact make sure a room is ready in the vaults, she seems to have become ill and she needs some rest." Cersei stares in fury and shock, and when the guards move to escort her she all but snaps at them and storms towards the castle, the guards almost having to jog after her.

The king sighs, "You don't know how good that felt....now where were we..."

"Ah yes, I Robert Baratheon, first of his name...." He rattles his titles off and then says, "Do Induct my natural born son Eddard Stone to be a knight in the eyes of the Gods."

He asks you to make the promises all knights must then once you do so Dub you, "Ser Eddard Stone of the Eyrie."

Then once you stand up he all but embraces you, you're feet dangle, even with all that armor on. People aren't sure how to respond here.

"Good to see you lad..." He mutters, while there is a hint of booze, it's less of something he's recently imbibed and more a permanent smell he's acquired. He ain't drunk, but his words seem a little choked and emotion is definitely there.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Need to get a wall...
I'll see if Ican borrow one of Robert's...

His jaw drops and he takes a step back from you for a moment.  A collective gasp goes through the entire crowd once it sinks in that the 14 year old bastard son of the king just mauled seven other knights in a tourney in honor of your 'trueborn' brother.
My entire life I've waited for this moment...

Whispers and mutters abound.  Cersei has stood up and she's almost breath taking in her fury, she storms to a pair of guards and howls "SEIZE THAT BASTARD!  HE'S HUMILIATED THE ENTIRE ROYAL HOUSE WITH HIS PRESENCE AND HIS DISHONEST VICTORIES!  HE MUST BE PUNISHED!"  Not usually her first response but holy fuck is she angry right now.
And she just dishonored herself in front of everyone!

I look at her and glare. "If you question my honor, then I demand satisfaction. Call forth your champion and I will destroy him utterly and prove to all that the only thing present that has humiliated the honor of the royal house are the foul and thoughtless words of its matriarch!"

At this moment you can see the "Ours is the Fury" in my face.

This seems to wake the king up and infuriates him, he face turns red and he turns to the Guards, "HALT!"  His thunderous roar almost shakes the very ground.  "FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE WOMAN...SHUT UP!  Guards, I think my wife is tired, take her back to the keep...infact make sure a room is ready in the vaults, she seems to have become ill and she needs some rest."  Cersei stares in fury and shock, and when the guards move to escort her she all but snaps at them and storms towards the castle, the guards almost having to jog after her.
I look amused as hell at this and try and best not to smirk.

The king sighs, "You don't know how good that felt....now where were we..."  
I say just loudly enough for him to hear. "She stole my father from me..."

Implying it was good for me too.

"Ah yes, I Robert Baratheon, first of his name...."  He rattles his titles off and then says, "Do Induct my natural born son Eddard Stone to be a knight in the eyes of the Gods."

He asks you to make the promises all knights must then once you do so Dub you, "Ser Eddard Stone of the Eyrie."

Then once you stand up he all but embraces you, you're feet dangle, even with all that armor on.  People aren't sure how to respond here.

"Good to see you lad..."  He mutters, while there is a hint of booze, it's less of something he's recently imbibed and more a permanent smell he's acquired.  He ain't drunk, but his words seem a little choked and emotion is definitely there.
"I missed you too, father..."

I embrace him back and whisper, "Mya's in the stands, father."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Faint praise to be honest, when you're knighted, I'll be sure to talk to my father and see if there is a place for you in our house hold.  Bastard or no a man who can fight like yourself is something to be treasured and praised."  He seems to honestly mean it, though he IS a third son what he can influence is a bit....limited.
On the other hand, he _is_ nobility, and even a third son has political capital. Considering who he's a squire to, I'm relatively convinced that he'll be married off to solidify an alliance. About which Mya is probably going to be heartbroken.

Dammit, this 'brother' thing is hard.

I could ask Mychal how he plans to deal with it, but there's relatively little leeway his position would allow him unless he means to break with his house ... something that's probably not even worth considering as a possibility.

So instead I'll take Mya aside and lay the matter out for her later, and tell her that she should at least be aware of what she's potentially getting into.

Never the less, you showed incredible talent and insight for a boy your age and so you shall be rewarded.  For slaying 10 Hillstribesmen,  you shall be awarded 10 silver stags.  Save it or spend it as you see fit though he suggests saving it for horse and armor.
A good horse and armor would go a long way, so I'm likely going to take his advice on that ... even if it'll take a lot of saving given the kind of craftsmanship involved. I assume what I've currently got is a mix of chain and studded leather - hardly representative, but I supposed I do like the fact it's easy to move in - which isn't exactly going to make any kind of good impression on prospective employers.

Anyway, after the report is delivered, this gives me something to do ... even if the 'something' is just going around blacksmiths' shops and inquiring about price. Honestly, full field kit would be nice and shiny, but not really _practical_, so I'll be looking more at individual pieces. A decent cuirass, maybe some splint pieces, that kind of thing.

Look at horses as well, and also consider reliability and fortitude over flash.

Regardless, after this I'll hunt down Mya and continue her instruction in stick-fighting. She used to pester me about not spending time with her as much as I used to after I got squired, so I'd initially used this as an excuse to hang out with little sister and after she was up to scrap as part of my training routine.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:20 am

Aceraptor wrote:True that. I'm just a squire (I think) and I killed that many in my very first battle. Not a bad way to start my career.
Very true

I smile at her antics.
She huffs a bit at you're knowing smile but ignores it otherwise.

I will of course go, that is if Sir Martyn agrees. He is after all my master and teacher.
When you enter, Lyn Corbray tells Nestor Royce about what happened up in the mountains and how you killed 5 hillmen AND the leader of the band yourself. Nestor looks impressed considering you're youth. He then asks you what you remember for the fight, he'd like to hear your observations about your actions.

Psyckosama wrote:I'll see if Ican borrow one of Robert's...
Heh

My entire life I've waited for this moment...
Indeed.

And she just dishonored herself in front of everyone!

I look at her and glare. "If you question my honor, then I demand satisfaction. Call forth your champion and I will destroy him utterly and prove to all that the only thing present that has humiliated the honor of the royal house are the foul and thoughtless words of its matriarch!"

At this moment you can see the "Ours is the Fury" in my face.
"No need for that lad. Even the queen cannot give such insult against such an incredible champion right at the peak of his achievement. I'll make sure you get the satisfaction you need." Robert promises, "Besides, I'd rather not deal with the screaming when you maul one of her flunkies, much as that would amuse me." He continues. He's on a high right now, the bitterness that has all but consumed him by the time of the books isn't as strong and it was blown away at least for the moment by this wonder-kid.

I look amused as hell at this and try and best not to smirk.
He notices the amusement and smiles himself.

I say just loudly enough for him to hear. "She stole my father from me..."

Implying it was good for me too.
Memories flash across his face, "Aye that she did..."

"I missed you too, father..."

I embrace him back and whisper, "Mya's in the stands, father."
He glances around and seems to spot her, (yes he did see her) "I'll see her later." Then he calls for the feast to be prepared with you and Joff at places of honor. It IS his name day.

You're quickly rushed to the Red Keep with the rest of the royal entourage, though your master and Mya manage to be swiftly sucked along though further behind, mostly their own choice. As you and Robert ride through the streets of King's Landing, people stare at the King and the handsome youth who so resembles him. Robert at one point then turns to you and asks how life has been for you and how is Emma, (your mother), you're rather astounded he remembers her name. (She did well for herself, never married but had a comfortable life as a maid in the Gate of the Moon until a fever took her. Was a loving, wonderful mother. You got you're squireship 2 years later)

Rieverre wrote:On the other hand, he _is_ nobility, and even a third son has political capital. Considering who he's a squire to, I'm relatively convinced that he'll be married off to solidify an alliance. About which Mya is probably going to be heartbroken.

Dammit, this 'brother' thing is hard.

I could ask Mychal how he plans to deal with it, but there's relatively little leeway his position would allow him unless he means to break with his house ... something that's probably not even worth considering as a possibility.

So instead I'll take Mya aside and lay the matter out for her later, and tell her that she should at least be aware of what she's potentially getting into.
She knows alright, but she also is just hoping that it'll last as long as possible and maybe his father might forget about him.

A good horse and armor would go a long way, so I'm likely going to take his advice on that ... even if it'll take a lot of saving given the kind of craftsmanship involved. I assume what I've currently got is a mix of chain and studded leather - hardly representative, but I supposed I do like the fact it's easy to move in - which isn't exactly going to make any kind of good impression on prospective employers.

Anyway, after the report is delivered, this gives me something to do ... even if the 'something' is just going around blacksmiths' shops and inquiring about price. Honestly, full field kit would be nice and shiny, but not really _practical_, so I'll be looking more at individual pieces. A decent cuirass, maybe some splint pieces, that kind of thing.
These are the average prices for armor

Robes 3 ss
Padded 200 ss
Leather, Soft 300 ss
Leather, Hard 400 ss
Ring 600 ss
Hides 400 ss
Mail 800 ss
Breastplate 800 ss
Scale/Coin 600 ss
Splint 1,000 ss
Brigandine 1,200 ss
Half-plate 2,000 ss
Plate 3,000 ss

Courser (normal warhorse) 600 ss
Destrier (Fuckawsome warhorse) 1000 ss
Rounsey (Horse good for fights) 50 ss

Regardless, after this I'll hunt down Mya and continue her instruction in stick-fighting. She used to pester me about not spending time with her as much as I used to after I got squired, so I'd initially used this as an excuse to hang out with little sister and after she was up to scrap as part of my training routine.
You line up as normal once she gets the message and like normal you manage to run circles around her though you think she's improved from last time. Once you're done she immediately rushes off to clean up.

Now you have another hour before bed, anything you want to do before calling it a night?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:"No need for that lad.  Even the queen cannot give such insult against such an incredible champion right at the peak of his achievement.  I'll make sure you get the satisfaction you need."  Robert promises, "Besides, I'd rather not deal with the screaming when you maul one of her flunkies, much as that would amuse me."  He continues.  He's on a high right now, the bitterness that has all but consumed him by the time of the books isn't as strong and it was blown away at least for the moment by this wonder-kid.
I look disappointed.

I really wanted to smash her champion. But after a moment, I simply not. "Of course, your majesty."

He notices the amusement and smiles himself.
Ah, wonderful thing.

Memories flash across his face, "Aye that she did..."
I sounded like a lonely 14 year old boy just there too...

He glances around and seems to spot her, (yes he did see her) "I'll see her later."  Then he calls for the feast to be prepared with you and Joff at places of honor.  It IS his name day.
Zero complaints from me. I intend to be very polite to my 'brother'.

I also mention my master and polity ask if he can join the feast.

You're quickly rushed to the Red Keep with the rest of the royal entourage, though your master and Mya manage to be swiftly sucked along though further behind, mostly their own choice.  As you and Robert ride through the streets of King's Landing, people stare at the King and the handsome youth who so resembles him.  Robert at one point then turns to you and asks how life has been for you and how is Emma, (your mother), you're rather astounded he remembers her name.  (She did well for herself, never married but had a comfortable life as a maid in the Gate of the Moon until a fever took her.  Was a loving, wonderful mother.  You got you're squireship 2 years later)
"My mother passed when I was ten father. It was not easy without her. Grandfather always resented that she'd been spoiled for marriage and while he did not mistreat us, there was little affection. He passed when I was twelve, but Lord Nestor thankfully was kind enough to allow us to foster within the Castle in honor of her service and while he never outright spoke of it, in recognition of our father... soon after some of senior squires decided to bother Mya and I decided that they'd best learn to mind their manners. They disagreed of course but I believe my argument was convincing. Convincing enough that I was taken on as a squire and that they spent the next week lying in bed considering the error of their ways. The rest is bloody dirty squire work, dodging the affections of far too comely serving girls, and terrorizing Mya's suitors... at least until last month... but I believe that's a story best to tell over a goblet of wine."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:11 am

Psyckosama wrote:I look disappointed.

I really wanted to smash her champion. But after a moment, I simply not. "Of course, your majesty."
Heh

I sounded like a lonely 14 year old boy just there too...
Hmm...feels man

Zero complaints from me. I intend to be very polite to my 'brother'.

I also mention my master and polity ask if he can join the feast.
He's welcome though he won't be at a very important seat.

"My mother passed when I was ten father. It was not easy without her. Grandfather always resented that she'd been spoiled for marriage and while he did not mistreat us, there was little affection. He passed when I was twelve, but Lord Nestor thankfully was kind enough to allow us to foster within the Castle in honor of her service and while he never outright spoke of it, in recognition of our father... soon after some of senior squires decided to bother Mya and I decided that they'd best learn to mind their manners. They disagreed of course but I believe my argument was convincing. Convincing enough that I was taken on as a squire and that they spent the next week lying in bed considering the error of their ways. The rest is bloody dirty squire work, dodging the affections of far too comely serving girls, and terrorizing Mya's suitors... at least until last month... but I believe that's a story best to tell over a goblet of wine."
He does seem a bit remorseful about your mothers death but seems glad that you managed to do well for yourself since then. "Dodging them? Why do something like that? I'd be angling for them if it were me." He laughs a bit at that.

"Well it'll be a while before the feast is ready so come with me." He leads you through the halls of the keep and to a small room looking over the bay. He has a squire, a skinny Lannister boy you THINK he said was named Lancel go fetch wine and cups. He then pours out the wine and hands a glass to you. "So Eddard, what did happen last month, I'm a bit curious."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:17 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh
Yep.

Hmm...feels man
?

He's welcome though he won't be at a very important seat.
Still a seat. He deserves as much.

He does seem a bit remorseful about your mothers death but seems glad that you managed to do well for yourself since then.
Thank you. It wasn't easy.

There's a little bit of resentment in that but I'm more happy to see him than I am resentful of his absence.

"Dodging them?  Why do something like that?  I'd be angling for them if it were me."  He laughs a bit at that.  
This gets a cool look from him. "I am well aware of that fact, father."

"Well it'll be a while before the feast is ready so come with me."  He leads you through the halls of the keep and to a small room looking over the bay.  He has a squire, a skinny Lannister boy you THINK he said was named Lancel go fetch wine and cups.  He then pours out the wine and hands a glass to you.  "So Eddard, what did happen last month, I'm a bit curious."
"Well, it all started when I found this..."

I pull out the hammer and then in an animated manner tell him the story of my great battle.

I also mention the dumb fucks I challenged (effectively mugged) for my armor and the cat I slue to get the cloak.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:She knows alright, but she also is just hoping that it'll last as long as possible and maybe his father might forget about him.
Yeah, I didn't think she'd go for the mistress gig. I hug her, ruffle her hair and tell her that she keeps reminding me which one of us got the courage between the two of us. Oh, and ask her that she please refrain from anything that could lead to sprogs until either she or I have found a decent herbalist.

These are the average prices for armor

Robes                 3 ss
Padded               200 ss
Leather, Soft       300 ss
Leather, Hard      400 ss
Ring                   600 ss
Hides                 400 ss
Mail                   800 ss
Breastplate         800 ss
Scale/Coin          600 ss
Splint                1,000 ss
Brigandine          1,200 ss
Half-plate          2,000 ss
Plate                 3,000 ss

About what I figured. I should probably start considering possible sources of income, other than being stupidly heroic.

Courser (normal warhorse)              600 ss
Destrier (Fuckawsome warhorse)     1000 ss
Rounsey (Horse good for fights)      50 ss
A little better.

You line up as normal once she gets the message and like normal you manage to run circles around her though you think she's improved from last time.  Once you're done she immediately rushes off to clean up.  

Now you have another hour before bed, anything you want to do before calling it a night?
If at all possible, bathe. Otherwise, wash up thoroughly. Getting good habits going isn't just getting ahead of the curve, it might literally save my life. Or at least limit the chance of catching anything. Somewhat. If I've any time left, read a bit before bed to refresh my memory of Westeros. I have a feeling I'll need any help I can get on that account.

I won't stay up too long, I _will_ take care to sleep with my trusty truncheon beneath my pillow. Chances are I'd already secured doors and windows appropriately.

What, I'm healthily paranoid and like waking up in the morning without such inconveniences as sucking chest wounds.

Anyway, in the morning, after morning training, I'll ask Ser Martyn if he knows of any decent herbalists in town. If not, or none he'd be willing to actually trust with their craft, I'll probably outright tell him that I'll go looking and that chances are I'll be rumored to have gone whoring if I end up finding one where I suspect they'll be. Just giving him a heads-up. Actually, I should probably tell Mya to not draw any false conclusions if she hears that as well.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
She huffs a bit at you're knowing smile but ignores it otherwise.
Heh.

When you enter, Lyn Corbray tells Nestor Royce about what happened up in the mountains and how you killed 5 hillmen AND the leader of the band yourself.  Nestor looks impressed considering you're youth.  He then asks you what you remember for the fight, he'd like to hear your observations about your actions.
I bow to Royce, as due his station, once I straightened out and came to attention, I began to speak. "My lord. When the hillmen ambush was sprung, they had the advantage of surprise and terrain. Our forces were at a disadvantage, thus at least one side of this ambush had to be given something other then shooting arrows or throwing rocks at us to think about and react to. And so I decided to charge up to the hillmen and force them into a melee battle, I was glad to see that I was not the only one whom reacted this way, things could have gone alot worse had such a thing not happened. Once I made it up to the top, I began to lay into the hillmen. As I was fighting, I saw the hillmen leader. I fought my way to him and attacked him. Though I was trying to take him alive, I could not, I killed the leader and rejoined the main fighting until the battle was over."

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:Still a seat. He deserves as much.
True

Thank you. It wasn't easy.

There's a little bit of resentment in that but I'm more happy to see him than I am resentful of his absence.
He notices it though he also notices the happy and latches onto that.

This gets a cool look from him. "I am well aware of that fact, father."
That leads him to coughing a bit.

"Well, it all started when I found this..."

I pull out the hammer and then in an animated manner tell him the story of my great battle.

I also mention the dumb fucks I challenged (effectively mugged) for my armor and the cat I slue to get the cloak.
You have him riveted when you show the hammer. He's dammed impressed when you tell him about your fight with the Hill men and is laughing when he hears about the poor Riverlander you got your armor from. He's also quite impressed when he hears about the Shadowcat. "Gods lad. I'm somewhat torn, while I wish you had been here, I don't think you'd ever have become this incredible man, and man you are and let no one say otherwise, that is sitting across from me. I am honestly honored to call you my son, even if others would say only my bastard son." He leans in and whispers, "Between you and me Edd...you're more a son of mine than Joffrey is. I would have tried the same damn things at your age. Him? I don't think he'll ever fight for himself if he can avoid it."

Before you can comment the door opens and a servant announces that the feast is ready and the king's and the champion of the day's prescence is required. Robert pulls himself out of his seat and says, "Well lad, shall we face that pit of vipers?"

He then heads out. Do you follow him?

Rieverre wrote:Yeah, I didn't think she'd go for the mistress gig. I hug her, ruffle her hair and tell her that she keeps reminding me which one of us got the courage between the two of us. Oh, and ask her that she please refrain from anything that could lead to sprogs until either she or I have found a decent herbalist.
She frowns and swats you. She's back:P 

About what I figured. I should probably start considering possible sources of income, other than being stupidly heroic.
Well so long as you prove to be a capable fighter like this, once you're knighted, someone is SURE to take you on.

A little better.
A healthy rounsey looks to be your best bet.

If at all possible, bathe. Otherwise, wash up thoroughly. Getting good habits going isn't just getting ahead of the curve, it might literally save my life. Or at least limit the chance of catching anything. Somewhat. If I've any time left, read a bit before bed to refresh my memory of Westeros. I have a feeling I'll need any help I can get on that account.

I won't stay up too long, I _will_ take care to sleep with my trusty truncheon beneath my pillow. Chances are I'd already secured doors and windows appropriately.

What, I'm healthily paranoid and like waking up in the morning without such inconveniences as sucking chest wounds.

Anyway, in the morning, after morning training, I'll ask Ser Martyn if he knows of any decent herbalists in town. If not, or none he'd be willing to actually trust with their craft, I'll probably outright tell him that I'll go looking and that chances are I'll be rumored to have gone whoring if I end up finding one where I suspect they'll be. Just giving him a heads-up. Actually, I should probably tell Mya to not draw any false conclusions if she hears that as well.
You do manage to clean up with a basin and a washcloth. A full bath takes a while. Memory searching a bit you find nothing that has made you act differently...other than the incredible ass kicking. Everyone knew you had potential but damn...

You sleep quite well and nothing disturbs your sleep.

He says that the best herbalists are usually a few buildings away from the whorehouses. Though he wonders why you're interested if you're not going to be ...you know...

Aceraptor wrote:I bow to Royce, as due his station, once I straightened out and came to attention, I began to speak. "My lord. When the hillmen ambush was sprung, they had the advantage of surprise and terrain. Our forces were at a disadvantage, thus at least one side of this ambush had to be given something other then shooting arrows or throwing rocks at us to think about and react to. And so I decided to charge up to the hillmen and force them into a melee battle, I was glad to see that I was not the only one whom reacted this way, things could have gone alot worse had such a thing not happened. Once I made it up to the top, I began to lay into the hillmen. As I was fighting, I saw the hillmen leader. I fought my way to him and attacked him. Though I was trying to take him alive, I could not, I killed the leader and rejoined the main fighting until the battle was over."
He seems to be very impressed with what you've done and says, "In honor of your actions I Nestor Royce do reward Eddard Stone with 1 gold dragon for the head of the band and 1 silver stag for each other Hillman your slew. Use them well."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next