Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 7 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:He just finds a stool to sit on.
Good. I might have to invent the portable, collapsible chair for him.

"Well you don't lack bravado and I wish you luck."
"Thank you very much."

The Northman goes down like a sack of hammers and you turn to go after the Dornishman, you see him, but he's already gotten to the far side of the 20 knights left.  You plow through, go around, or just leave him alone either you'll run into him again or someone else will take care of him?
Hahaha! I'm going to have to beat the shit out of them all anyways!

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 7 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Thank you very much."
"You're quite welcome."

Hahaha! I'm going to have to beat the shit out of them all anyways!
Using your mount like a ram you plow right through the center of the mass of fighting horses and men. Soon you reach the other end. The Dornishman's eyes bug and he drops his arms, "I YEILD!" You might be able to get one cheap shot in without anyone noticing. Do you take it?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:Using your mount like a ram you plow right through the center of the mass of fighting horses and men.  Soon you reach the other end.  The Dornishman's eyes bug and he drops his arms, "I YEILD!"  You might be able to get one cheap shot in without anyone noticing.  Do you take it?
"RUN AWAY!" I roar at the top of my voice, loud enough so all can hear, pointing with the King's hammer.

Then I return to the battle.

I will not take a cheap shot for its own sake.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:"RUN AWAY!" I roar at the top of my voice, loud enough so all can hear, pointing with the King's hammer.
He rides like the hounds of hell are after him.

Then I return to the battle.

I will not take a cheap shot for its own sake.
There are only about 10 fighters left at this point, one of them being goddam Thoros of Myr with his Goddam flamming sword. He shouts and charges you when you ride back towards the fight. Your horse proceeds to freak at the fire.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:
He rides like the hounds of hell are after him.
Good.

There are only about 10 fighters left at this point, one of them being goddam Thoros of Myr with his Goddam flamming sword.  He shouts and charges you when you ride back towards the fight.  Your horse proceeds to freak at the fire.
I pull a Captain America and throw my shield at him as hard as I can.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:42 am

Psyckosama wrote:I pull a Captain America and throw my shield at him as hard as I can.
KA-CLONG!

WHUMP!

THUD!

Only 9 other fighters left and you don't have a shield.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:43 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:I pull a Captain America and throw my shield at him as hard as I can.
KA-CLONG!

WHUMP!

THUD!

Only 9 other fighters left and you don't have a shield.
I draw my sword with my off hand and fight akembo!

And I kick more ass.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:I draw my sword with my off hand and fight akembo!

And I kick more ass.
After watching that bit of insanity, the remaining knights only last a few minutes longer. All said and done, you've won. The crowd is roaring your name and Robert is cheering louder than any other.

You ride to the royal booth and you receive your prize, another 2000 dragons. With that all that's left is festivities for the rest of the day and an invite to the ending feast. What do you do with yourself for the rest of the time, there are about 5 hours.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:After watching that bit of insanity, the remaining knights only last a few minutes longer.  All said and done, you've won.  The crowd is roaring your name and Robert is cheering louder than any other.
I salute the king, and the prince too I guess as it is his name day!

You ride to the royal booth and you receive your prize, another 2000 dragons.  With that all that's left is festivities for the rest of the day and an invite to the ending feast.  What do you do with yourself for the rest of the time, there are about 5 hours.
I wash off, tell my master and sister to get ready for the next one... and just relax and speak to the other knights a bit before getting ready for the feast.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:She giggles and goes on to the library.  While it isn't huge, it's a fairly well stocked place, what do you start with?
Like I said before, let's start with something relevant and likely to put local events into perspective - research on House Redfort and local history as it relates to that. I try to take a holistic approach, and if there are any trade records available, will attempt to show Mya how money and influence can relate. After that, if there's time, check where she is in regard to 'numbers' so I know what I'll have to start with there.

The older woman looks at the man for a moment, then pulls something from the shelf, she turns to you "Help me lift him up."

You get his head up and she pours the concoction down his throat.  "There he should be out for the rest of the day."
Actually, I grab her wrist before she can do that, restraining the hand holding the concoction. If gently. "And that is what, exactly?"

Because, I'm sorry, but while the way this guy went about his business was repugnant, there's a chance his grievance might have been legitimate and while medieval cultures usually have a 'beauty equals goodness' case of perception filter going, I _don't_. She knows what I intend to do, or what she thinks I intend to do - hand him off to the watch to sleep it off or just get him to conk down in an alley somewhere - and it won't necessarily fix the guy getting pissed and coming back, be it because he has reason or is genuinely mean. And she probably considers that, in me, she has an accomplice who has already implicated himself.

Or maybe I'm just really goddamn paranoid.

She then looks to you, her hair is a brilliant red with grey streaked here and there.  Her eyes are sky blue and though she's certainly older most men would have to be dead or simply not interested in women to completely ignore her still full figure.  Her daughter is all of these things without the signs of age.  She's about maybe a year older than you and even if you're made out of stone you take a glance or two.

"This lunk was one of my customers, he had a condition and I gave him something that can normally help.  It didn't and he wanted to complain about it to me.  If you hadn't come in me and my daughter would be in a bit of trouble.  You have my thanks.  She then gets a closer look, you look familiar lad, have we met before?"
"Well, I'm a bastard and apparently my father gets around ..." shrug. "So you could say I have one of those faces."

"So he has something of a legitimate grievance, even if he goes about it in something of a reprehensible way. It was probably too much to hope for that he'd obviously misapplied it or didn't bother waiting for results, or something equally trite and solvable."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:I salute the king, and the prince too I guess as it is his name day!
Interestingly he's happy as well. Guess his dislike of not being the center of attention was trumped by the raw carnage out there today.

I wash off, tell my master and sister to get ready for the next one... and just relax and speak to the other knights a bit before getting ready for the feast.
"Well actually lad I'll be needing to head back to the Gates, you're a free man now I'm no longer your master and you can go wherever you wish. It has been an honor to teach you. Now I'll have to find some other brainless snot-nosed runt to clean my armor and tend my horse. It took me forever to teach you and you're smarter than most. Some other boy, I'm honestly scared."

Rieverre wrote:Like I said before, let's start with something relevant and likely to put local events into perspective - research on House Redfort and local history as it relates to that. I try to take a holistic approach, and if there are any trade records available, will attempt to show Mya how money and influence can relate. After that, if there's time, check where she is in regard to 'numbers' so I know what I'll have to start with there.
You manage to find a book on the basic history of the major houses of the vale and you quickly flip to the section about house Redfort. It is informative and you feel that you have a better grip on this ancient house. One that claims firstmen blood. A distinct honor that only house Royce can also honestly lay claim to in the Vale, the rest are Majority Andal. Redfort's holdings are on the Southern side of the Vale and their Castle is on the Southern Slopes.

She has the basic maths down well though fractions are lost on her.

Actually, I grab her wrist before she can do that, restraining the hand holding the concoction. If gently. "And that is what, exactly?"

Because, I'm sorry, but while the way this guy went about his business was repugnant, there's a chance his grievance might have been legitimate and while medieval cultures usually have a 'beauty equals goodness' case of perception filter going, I _don't_. She knows what I intend to do, or what she thinks I intend to do - hand him off to the watch to sleep it off or just get him to conk down in an alley somewhere - and it won't necessarily fix the guy getting pissed and coming back, be it because he has reason or is genuinely mean. And she probably considers that, in me, she has an accomplice who has already implicated himself.

Or maybe I'm just really goddamn paranoid.
She looks horrified like you're about to turn on her as well (Seriously DON'T DO SHIT LIKE THAT TO A NEAR RAPE AND/OR MURDER VICTIM WHO WAS JUST ATTACKED!) But she eventually calms down and says it's just something that'll keep him knocked out. Nothing more nothing less, poison that kills is a slippery slope that leads to trouble BAD TROUBLE! The daughter almost starts screaming again when you looked to assault her mother.

"Well, I'm a bastard and apparently my father gets around ..." shrug. "So you could say I have one of those faces."
She looks longer for a moment, then she remembers "Ah now I remember, heh I remember your father well. He was...fun..."

"So he has something of a legitimate grievance, even if he goes about it in something of a reprehensible way. It was probably too much to hope for that he'd obviously misapplied it or didn't bother waiting for results, or something equally trite and solvable."
She looks at you then back to the man, then with one quick motion yanks his trousers down. The foulness you see on his groin area will haunt you for the rest of you life. "That dumb idiot! He never used my poultice! Even if it didn't clear it up completely it should have done something! FAUGH!"

She spit and yanks his pants back up, completely unfazed. "Well would be so kind as to help me get this son of a bitch out of my shop?" She isn't nearly as friendly with you as she was before (GRABBING HER ARM LIKE THAT ON A NEAR RAPE/MURDER VICTIM WHO HAD HER DAUGHTER SMACKED HALFWAY ACROSS A ROOM WILL DO THAT!)
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Interestingly he's happy as well.  Guess his dislike of not being the center of attention was trumped by the raw carnage out there today.
So, how did my throwing the shield go over?

"Well actually lad I'll be needing to head back to the Gates, you're a free man now I'm no longer your master and you can go wherever you wish.  It has been an honor to teach you.  Now I'll have to find some other brainless snot-nosed runt to clean my armor and tend my horse.  It took me forever to teach you and you're smarter than most.  Some other boy, I'm honestly scared."
"Come now, Ser. It's a long trip and I doubt anyone would fault you for supping at the Red Keep! Please, leave in the morrow and be jolly this night!"

Anyways, does this one go any differently?

And yes, I will meet with everyone who sent an invite. I might spend some time doing it today before the feast.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:41 am

Psyckosama wrote:So, how did my throwing the shield go over?
It was wildly popular and many howl with laughter at Thoros getting smacked with a flying shield.

"Come now, Ser. It's a long trip and I doubt anyone would fault you for supping at the Red Keep! Please, leave in the morrow and be jolly this night!"
"Oh...heh heh, well this is embarrassing, I thought you meant after this tournament was done. I'll be there tonight of course."

Anyways, does this one go any differently?

And yes, I will meet with everyone who sent an invite. I might spend some time doing it today before the feast.
Well you end up sitting next to Stannis this time. He's dead silent...except for the sound of his teeth grinding.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 am

Brian Boru wrote:It was wildly popular and many howl with laughter at Thoros getting smacked with a flying shield.
I laugh about it and make sure to make a show of picking it back up after the melee.

"Oh...heh heh, well this is embarrassing, I thought you meant after this tournament was done.  I'll be there tonight of course."
I laugh. "I'm not going to get between you and your duties."

Well you end up sitting next to Stannis this time.  He's dead silent...except for the sound of his teeth grinding.
"Is something the matter, Uncle?" I ask calmly.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:57 am

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh about it and make sure to make a show of picking it back up after the melee.
It has some blood on the rim.

I laugh. "I'm not going to get between you and your duties."
"I thank you lad."

"Is something the matter, Uncle?" I ask calmly.
"Watching my brother making a fool of himself for a spoiled brat son and a by-blow he'll forget about in a week's time is not an experience I wish to endure."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:32 am

Brian Boru wrote:It has some blood on the rim.
I wipe that off.

"I thank you lad."
"And I you. For everything."

"Watching my brother making a fool of himself for a spoiled brat son and a by-blow he'll forget about in a week's time is not an experience I wish to endure."
I give him a long look. "My father is enjoying himself. Better here than Chataya's... Besides, if you'd ever bothered to get to know your brother, you'd realize that there's a specific reason why he never was close to his bastards... and she's not present."

I'm pretty sharp on that one.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:41 am

Psyckosama wrote:I give him a long look. "My father is enjoying himself. Better here than Chataya's... Besides, if you'd ever bothered to get to know your brother, you'd realize that there's a specific reason why he never was close to his bastards... and she's not present."

I'm pretty sharp on that one.
"Hmm.. I guess you're right.  He can't whore in the middle of the banquet hall, though he'd try.  Yes I noticed that you somehow managed to get her put away.  You're more cunning than I thought."

At that time Joffrey seems to have heard your conversation with Stannis and managed to catch the insult to his mother. He's immediately starts shouting how a bastard shouldn't have been allowed to compete and that he should be punished for insulting the Queen. Robert goes stone still and his eyes look like they're glowing with fury. Seriously you swear there is light flashing.tongue 
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Hmm.. I guess you're right.  He can't whore in the middle of the banquet hall, though he'd try.  Yes I noticed that you somehow managed to get her put away.  You're more cunning than I thought."
"No, she managed to get herself put away," I reply calmly, "I accept no accountability for her overreaction."

At that time Joffrey seems to have heard your conversation with Stannis and managed to catch the insult to his mother.  He's immediately starts shouting how a bastard shouldn't have been allowed to compete and that he should be punished for insulting the Queen.  Robert goes stone still and his eyes look like they're glowing with fury.  Seriously you swear there is light flashing.tongue 
My eyes narrow to slits and you can see the same fury growing. "You're but a child so I will tolerate this affront to my honor. This once. I suggest you do not test my limits again, little brother, because kindred or not... Unless you have a man willing to die in defense of your fools pride... because I will demand satisfaction and satisfaction I will take."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:"No, she managed to get herself put away," I reply calmly, "I accept no accountability for her overreaction."
He grunts and doesn't go further.

My eyes narrow to slits and you can see the same fury growing. "You're but a child so I will tolerate this affront to my honor. This once. I suggest you do not test my limits again, little brother, because kindred or not... Unless you have a man willing to die in defense of your fools pride... because I will demand satisfaction and satisfaction I will take."
"Honor? You're a bastard, you don't have honor. You can never have honor!"

And with that you swear you smell ozone and something going TUNG! and Robert promptly grabs Joffery and storms to the door of the banquet hall. "My Son Is Tired And He Needs Rest. See That He Goes To His Bed Now!" A servant quickly grabs the prince and all but runs from the room. The king slams the door shut with a boom that you feel as much as hear, or at least you think. The king breaths heavily for a moment, then snatches a cup of wine from the nearest table and gulps it down, then returns to the head table announcing that he intends to go hunting tomorrow and that he will be gone for a while. He says that Ser Barristan of the kingsguard is coming along with his two Lannister squires, then he surprises people that you and Ser Martyn will be coming along with him and Mya will be a guest of the Crown at the Keep and she'll be treated with utter respect. Does he make himself perfectly clear?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:He grunts and doesn't go further.
And I guess its then when the princeling acts up.

"Honor?  You're a bastard, you don't have honor.  You can never have honor!"
I almost laugh at the irony but before I do...

And with that you swear you smell ozone and something going TUNG! and Robert promptly grabs Joffery and storms to the door of the banquet hall.  "My Son Is Tired And He Needs Rest.  See That He Goes To His Bed Now!"  A servant quickly grabs the prince and all but runs from the room.  The king slams the door shut with a boom that you feel as much as hear, or at least you think.  The king breaths heavily for a moment, then snatches a cup of wine from the nearest table and gulps it down, then returns to the head table announcing that he intends to go hunting tomorrow and that he will be gone for a while.  He says that Ser Barristan of the kingsguard is coming along with his two Lannister squires, then he surprises people that you and Ser Martyn will be coming along with him and Mya will be a guest of the Crown at the Keep and she'll be treated with utter respect.  Does he make himself perfectly clear?
I give the king a nod.

Later on I tell him that Mya's always had a bit of a tomboy's tastes and would probably enjoy the fresh air more than the keep.

Besides, I'm loathe to leave her alone in King's Landing, even with The Bitch 'resting' because of her 'illness'.

If he's open for it, I also suggest bringing Tyrion and Stannis. Stannis from the sound of things could use some time off to maybe ease the pole lodged in his arse, while Tyion is witty, entertaining, and inviting him would allow the king so save some face with the Lannisters while at the same time thumbing his nose to old Tywin.

After all, Tywin is fast to take insult and both his daughter and grandson have humiliated themselves, and thus him, and as the man is quick to blame others for the failure of his own line. Inviting Tyion both mocks him because Tyrion is his least favorite, while at the same time honors the family... rendering him a bit impotent.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:And I guess its then when the princeling acts up.
DING DING DING! "We have a winner! Tell him what he won today Mike!"

I give the king a nod.
He nods in return and the night continues, subdued but not bad.

Later on I tell him that Mya's always had a bit of a tomboy's tastes and would probably enjoy the fresh air more than the keep.

Besides, I'm loathe to leave her alone in King's Landing, even with The Bitch 'resting' because of her 'illness'.

If he's open for it, I also suggest bringing Tyrion and Stannis. Stannis from the sound of things could use some time off to maybe ease the pole lodged in his arse, while Tyion is witty, entertaining, and inviting him would allow the king so save some face with the Lannisters while at the same time thumbing his nose to old Tywin.

After all, Tywin is fast to take insult and both his daughter and grandson have humiliated themselves, and thus him, and as the man is quick to blame others for the failure of his own line. Inviting Tyion both mocks him because Tyrion is his least favorite, while at the same time honors the family... rendering him a bit impotent.  
He stares at you for a moment, already drinking a skin of wine in the late morning air, but he eventually shrugs, "Alright lad, if she can keep up with us I see no reason why not."

"I doubt it would work but you could try. The Imp? Well if he wishes to I see no reason why not."

Messages are sent and to your surprise both Stannis and Tyrion arrive. Stannis doesn't seem to like being too close to Tyrion who's a whorer and a Lush both things he has much disdain of. Tyrion sees you and says, "I thought it was odd for the King to want me along. Well let's go kill something then." He takes a swig from a wine skin and heads on, Stannis grinds his teeth but doesn't comment other than to say, "My king, Eddard Stone."

You ride on with the small party, boar spears, bows, and arrows equipped. Roll a d100 for what you find.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:
DING DING DING!  "We have a winner!  Tell him what he won today Mike!"
He stares at you for a moment, already drinking a skin of wine in the late morning air, but he eventually shrugs, "Alright lad, if she can keep up with us I see no reason why not."
"The way you're shaping up," I grin, "I'd worry more about you keeping up. I think you need to walk off a couple feasts, father."

"I doubt it would work but you could try.
"Can't hurt."

The Imp?  Well if he wishes to I see no reason why not."
"He can even try his hand at saying a beast. Just give him a crossbow to make up for his weaknesses."

Messages are sent and to your surprise both Stannis and Tyrion arrive.  Stannis doesn't seem to like being too close to Tyrion who's a whorer and a Lush both things he has much disdain of.  Tyrion sees you and says, "I thought it was odd for the King to want me along.  Well let's go kill something then."  He takes a swig from a wine skin and heads on, Stannis grinds his teeth but doesn't comment other than to say, "My king, Eddard Stone."
"Uncle Stanis, Lord Tyrion, how are you two this day?"

You ride on with the small party, boar spears, bows, and arrows equipped.  Roll a d100 for what you find.
Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:She has the basic maths down well though fractions are lost on her.
Then that's the place to start. Explain the basics to her, possibly via the metaphor of splitting an apple into pieces or somesuch, see if that takes. Sadly there are certain things you're going to need drill for, and a multiplication table is the gift that keeps on giving. If I have a piece of paper and charcoal I'll jot one down.

She looks horrified like you're about to turn on her as well (Seriously DON'T DO SHIT LIKE THAT TO A NEAR RAPE AND/OR MURDER VICTIM WHO WAS JUST ATTACKED!)  But she eventually calms down and says it's just something that'll keep him knocked out.  Nothing more nothing less, poison that kills is a slippery slope that leads to trouble  BAD TROUBLE!  The daughter almost starts screaming again when you looked to assault her mother.
I am aware. Which is why I stay calm throughout. Was it a dick move? Yes. Do I care? No, not particularly.

"And for all that, I don't actually know you. What I do know is that people tend to act rashly in the heat of the moment. And that many medicines are just poisons applied in small enough doses."

I let go.

"I also know what I'd do if something like this had happened to my sister, consequences be damned."

She looks longer for a moment, then she remembers "Ah now I remember, heh I remember your father well.  He was...fun..."
I sigh in a long-suffering manner. "Somehow, I expect I'll be hearing _that_ for years to come."

She looks at you then back to the man, then with one quick motion yanks his trousers down.  The foulness you see on his groin area will haunt you for the rest of you life.  "That dumb idiot!  He never used my poultice!  Even if it didn't clear it up completely it should have done something!  FAUGH!"

She spit and yanks his pants back up, completely unfazed.  "Well would be so kind as to help me get this son of a bitch out of my shop?"  She isn't nearly as friendly with you as she was before (GRABBING HER ARM LIKE THAT ON A NEAR RAPE/MURDER VICTIM WHO HAD HER DAUGHTER SMACKED HALFWAY ACROSS A ROOM WILL DO THAT!)
I'm going to assume she's not just made that up on the spot, and nod. Then go through his stuff, after asking what the poultice looks like. And after, you know, getting his pants back up. It'd help my case if he actually had the dose still on him.

"I was going to do that regardless, but unless I wanted to just dump him in an alley somewhere and have him come back later, once he was back up, I need something plausible and genuine to tell the watchmen I'll be dropping him on. Hmm, what would have been the result if he'd ingested the poultice you gave him instead of applying topically?"

Actually ... at a risk of being assaulted by the guy's foul breath, does he smell of alcohol? If not, it might be a decent idea to apply some to his clothes before dragging him off in the direction of whichever guard-house Anna would consider somewhat friendly with her store. And now I have a number of explanations to give if stopped/when handing him off.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:07 am

Psyckosama wrote:"The way you're shaping up," I grin, "I'd worry more about you keeping up. I think you need to walk off a couple feasts, father."
He glares at you for a moment, then looks down at himself and snorts.

"He can even try his hand at saying a beast. Just give him a crossbow to make up for his weaknesses."
Alright

"Uncle Stanis, Lord Tyrion, how are you two this day?"
"Well enough." Stannis says.

"Same here Eddard." Tyrion says as well.

You ride on and you notice that Robert is getting tipsier and tipsier as you go along. Though at an incredible rate. One that even Stannis remarks as faster than normal if you ask him.

About midday you hear a rustling in the bushes and a massive boar easily 700lbs bulls out of the forest right towards the king. He half tumbles out of his seat and tries to take the boar head on with a spear that's wobbling way too much for him to properly hit the damn thing.

You're the only one close enough to him to do something.

Rieverre wrote:Then that's the place to start. Explain the basics to her, possibly via the metaphor of splitting an apple into pieces or somesuch, see if that takes. Sadly there are certain things you're going to need drill for, and a multiplication table is the gift that keeps on giving. If I have a piece of paper and charcoal I'll jot one down.
She eventually gets the concept, though it takes her several hours before she latches on completely. By that time you need to head out for your regular chores. Several hours seems to be your limit for a single session.

I am aware. Which is why I stay calm throughout. Was it a dick move? Yes. Do I care? No, not particularly.

"And for all that, I don't actually know you. What I do know is that people tend to act rashly in the heat of the moment. And that many medicines are just poisons applied in small enough doses."

I let go.

"I also know what I'd do if something like this had happened to my sister, consequences be damned."
"I'm also not stupid enough to murder someone with my poultices or potions. It'd go against everything I learned in the healing arts."

She glares at you a bit.

I sigh in a long-suffering manner. "Somehow, I expect I'll be hearing _that_ for years to come."
She laughs at that but doesn't comment.

I'm going to assume she's not just made that up on the spot, and nod. Then go through his stuff, after asking what the poultice looks like. And after, you know, getting his pants back up. It'd help my case if he actually had the dose still on him.
She shows you the stuff, a dark brown stuff that smells of garlic for some reason though she says there isn't really any in it.

"I was going to do that regardless, but unless I wanted to just dump him in an alley somewhere and have him come back later, once he was back up, I need something plausible and genuine to tell the watchmen I'll be dropping him on. Hmm, what would have been the result if he'd ingested the poultice you gave him instead of applying topically?"

Actually ... at a risk of being assaulted by the guy's foul breath, does he smell of alcohol? If not, it might be a decent idea to apply some to his clothes before dragging him off in the direction of whichever guard-house Anna would consider somewhat friendly with her store. And now I have a number of explanations to give if stopped/when handing him off.
Yes he does smell of it, though it's less he was drinking at the time and more he's a regular drinker.

She decides to come with you the sergeant at the nearest guard house owes her a favor so her word and the poultice should be proof enough to get her attacker put away for a while.

If you agree with her coming with you she asks you as you walk along why you were in her shop, you look a bit young for needing her expertise?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:He glares at you for a moment, then looks down at himself and snorts.
I peek and eyebrow. "It wouldn't do for Robert the Conqueror to go to seed now would it?"

Alright
A yep.

"Well enough."  Stannis says.

"Same here Eddard."  Tyrion says as well.
"Wonderful!" I say in a cheerful voice.

You ride on and you notice that Robert is getting tipsier and tipsier as you go along.  Though at an incredible rate.  One that even Stannis remarks as faster than normal if you ask him.
I frown. "Father, are you alright?"

About midday you hear a rustling in the bushes and a massive boar easily 700lbs bulls out of the forest right towards the king.  He half tumbles out of his seat and tries to take the boar head on with a spear that's wobbling way too much for him to properly hit the damn thing.

You're the only one close enough to him to do something.
I doubt I have the time to move my house around, so I throw the spear as hard as I can at its heart, leap in front of it, and counter charge with the hammer.

I'm going to try and catch it right in the brain case, and avoid the tusks.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Had to edit, was originally 26

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:29 am

Psyckosama wrote:I peek and eyebrow. "It wouldn't do for Robert the Conqueror to go to seed now would it?"
"I can still kick your tail if I wanted to lad." He says in mock anger.

I frown. "Father, are you alright?"
"'course 'm alright!"

I doubt I have the time to move my house around, so I throw the spear as hard as I can at its heart, leap in front of it, and counter charge with the hammer.

I'm going to try and catch it right in the brain case, and avoid the tusks.

You make a throw like that of an Olympic champion and hit the thing in the side. It doesn't seem to have hit anything lethal but the beast roars in pain and turns it's focus from Robert to you. You limber your hammer and swing it for all your worth. Striking in the head. This time a squeal of pain is made and the beast loses its balance and falls over. While it struggles to get back up, the rest of the party falls on it with spears and swords.

The beast is dead. Robert looks angry but before he can say anything he belches and collapses then starts snoring.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:35 am

Brian Boru wrote:"I can still kick your tail if I wanted to lad."  He says in mock anger.
"Age before beauty then, old man?"

Grin.

"'course 'm alright!"
I frown.

You make a throw like that of an Olympic champion and hit the thing in the side.  It doesn't seem to have hit anything lethal but the beast roars in pain and turns it's focus from Robert to you.  You limber your hammer and swing it for all your worth.  Striking in the head.  This time a squeal of pain is made and the beast loses its balance and falls over.  While it struggles to get back up, the rest of the party falls on it with spears and swords.
You mean they have time? I would have been pounding the damned thing's head like a railroad spike!

The beast is dead.  Robert looks angry but before he can say anything he belches and collapses then starts snoring.
I run over, catch him, and frown and pick up his wine skin.

"I saw him drink three times this much last night and he was still hale, hearty, and almost entirely lucid."

I hand it to Tyrion. "Why I do not mean to make any false assertions Lord Tyrion, you're probably the one of us most likely to have knowledge of various drugs and sedatives if only from medicinal and recreational use. Could you tell me if you think anything is the matter with the wine in this skin?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:53 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Age before beauty then, old man?"

Grin.
He laughs.

You mean they have time? I would have been pounding the damned thing's head like a railroad spike!
Ah...then you crushed the damn thing's head. It still takes forever for the thing to give up.

I run over, catch him, and frown and pick up his wine skin.

"I saw him drink three times this much last night and he was still hale, hearty, and almost entirely lucid."

I hand it to Tyrion. "Why I do not mean to make any false assertions Lord Tyrion, you're probably the one of us most likely to have knowledge of various drugs and sedatives if only from medicinal and recreational use. Could you tell me if you think anything is the matter with the wine in this skin?"
Tyrion blinks that you're asking for his opinion but he takes the skin, opens it and takes a tiny sip. He then spits it out, "Milk of the Poppy I recognize that taste anywhere. Seems that someone wanted the King so drunk that he'd get himself killed."

Stannis is in a cold fury. He then turns to the two squires who look like they're about to shit themselves. "You were the ones to give my brother his wine." He didn't even manage to finish his sentence before the two of them drop to their knees and beg for mercy. Apparently the queen had told them to do it. Why they didn't know.

Stannis then turns to his brother. "The king must be told, and these two, must be punished for treason." He draws his sword and turns to you, "Help me tie them up so they can be sentenced in King's Landing. "The Queen is also a traitor and must be dealt with as well."

At that point Tyrion speaks up, "As much as you have a right to righteous fury, I would ask that you have mercy on my cousins, they're only young boys and were made to do this.

"Then why did they not tell the king what the Queen wanted them to do."

"Most likely because the Queen terrifies them. My sister has that effect on people."

"That still is no excuse Dwarf. They're the king's squires and their first loyalty should be to their king and master."

Might want to step in soon. Barristan is a little lost here at the moment.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:03 am

Brian Boru wrote:He laughs.
"As do I."

Ah...then you crushed the damn thing's head.  It still takes forever for the thing to give up.
"Fuck. This thing is stuborn!"

*WAM!*

"DIE!"

*WAM!*

"ALREADY!"

*WAM!*

"SO!"

*WAM!*

"I!"

*WAM!*

"CAN!"

*WAM!*

"EAT!"

*WAM!*

"YOU!"

Tyrion blinks that you're asking for his opinion but he takes the skin, opens it and takes a tiny sip.  He then spits it out, "Milk of the Poppy I recognize that taste anywhere.  Seems that someone wanted the King so drunk that he'd get himself killed."
My eyes narrow.

Stannis is in a cold fury.  He then turns to the two squires who look like they're about to shit themselves.  "You were the ones to give my brother his wine."  He didn't even manage to finish his sentence before the two of them drop to their knees and beg for mercy.  Apparently the queen had told them to do it. Why they didn't know.

Stannis then turns to his brother.  "The king must be told, and these two, must be punished for treason."  He draws his sword and turns to you, "Help me tie them up so they can be sentenced in King's Landing.  "The Queen is also a traitor and must be dealt with as well."
"We need to consider the political rarefactions and more importantly we can't have anyone know what happened until we're ready to act. I agree, justice must be done, but we must be subtle in our action."

At that point Tyrion speaks up, "As much as you have a right to righteous fury, I would ask that you have mercy on my cousins, they're only young boys and were made to do this.  

"Then why did they not tell the king what the Queen wanted them to do."

"Most likely because the Queen terrifies them.  My sister has that effect on people."

"That still is no excuse Dwarf.  They're the king's squires and their first loyalty should be to their king and master."
"We can discuss it with my father when he awakens. Uncle, I respect you but we must act with care... the Lannisters are powerful and Tywin shares all the best qualities of his youngest and the worst of his eldest. If we execute them and his wife, the Westerlands will rise... am I wrong, Tyrion?"

Might want to step in soon.  Barristan is a little lost here at the moment.  
"Are you alright Ser?"

And how's Mya?

"As for what happens next, the most we can do is bind the squires and cook the boar.

We have a couple days probably before we're due back. It gives the king a chance to consider and plot how to handle this.

I also want to speak to him in private.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Fuck. This thing is stuborn!"

*WAM!*

"DIE!"

*WAM!*

"ALREADY!"

*WAM!*

"SO!"

*WAM!*

"I!"

*WAM!*

"CAN!"

*WAM!*

"EAT!"

*WAM!*

"YOU!"
A few men laugh breathily.

"We need to consider the political rarefactions and more importantly we can't have anyone know what happened until we're ready to act. I agree, justice must be done, but we must be subtle in our action."
"They tried to have the king killed what else is there to it boy?"

"We can discuss it with my father when he awakens. Uncle, I respect you but we must act with care... the Lannisters are powerful and Tywin shares all the best qualities of his youngest and the worst of his eldest. If we execute them and his wife, the Westerlands will rise... am I wrong, Tyrion?"
"My father would never stand for it. If my cousins and my sister were punished my father would do what he could to retain the family honor."

"Are you alright Ser?"
"Aye, almost losing another I was sworn to protect was daunting."

And how's Mya?
More than a little freaked out.

"As for what happens next, the most we can do is bind the squires and cook the boar.

We have a couple days probably before we're due back. It gives the king a chance to consider and plot how to handle this.

I also want to speak to him in private.
The squires are tied up and the boar is prepared for the carrying back to the keep. Robert wakes up a few hours later his head aching. He demands someone tell him what the hell happened and where are Lancel and the other one?

When you ask him to speak with him he nods and says, "Alright boy speak your piece."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next