Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Then its decided, I sneak on my big-boy britches and fight with the men..."
"Warrior be with you then lad."

Our father is such a fat fucking prick.
Well he's only been fat for a few years and he might not be as bad as he was by book time.

Start small.
True, and this tourney might be helpful.

I look at him and smile. "Remember. A Shovel."
A few knights gafaw at this as you ride.

I ready my hammer and go all out when we counter charge. When/if I lose my shield I draw my sword (which is probably a damned hand and a half) and fight with with a blade in one hand and a hammer in the over like a whirling dervish of death.

I do make sure to keep an eye out for a large bloke, probably middle aged with one eye or obvious scaring on his hands. Basically I go after the biggest, nastiest motherfuckers there. I want to kill the leader.
You rush the Hill Men, your long legs pumping faster than they should be able to. You quickly pass the other men dismounted at the time and even one of the few horses that had managed to get enough momentum for a charge. While you're not the first to hit the Hill Men, you're not that far behind. And when you make contact, you're like a thunder clap. The hammer which has to have an at least ten pound head on it, is swung faster than some men do with a sword. And when it makes contact, it has about the results as expected...messily. Men go down like ninepins, their bodies a cornucopia of crushed body parts. You must have struck down over half a dozen men when you spot him. The obvious leader of this band, he's a bit younger than expected but his hands are both horrifically scarred though they seem to have lost none of their strength and dexterity. He glares at you and then swinging his axe he charges you.

While he doesn't have much style to mention, he's fast and strong, and psychotically aggressive. DON'T play with this one.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:41 am

Aceraptor wrote:"As you will, my lord." I bow slightly to him in respect.

But... "My lord, shall I secure supplies for our ride? Travel rations and the like? If we are chasing hill men raiders it sounds like we may be away for some time."
"Servants are bringing supplies to the stables lad. You just need to make sure that they're strapped on properly."

After this, I head to the hall to get what I can to eat, as well as seeing if I can get non-perishable foods, jerkies, smoked meat, etc, plus jugs of water to pack for our ride out. Compact foods that can be carried easily.
As you head to breakfast you see the dark mop of hair that signals your baby sister, (Seven Does she HATE it when you call her that) heading for the main hall of the Gates of the Moon, you frown a bit when you see that Jackass Mychal Redfort with her. (He really isn't all that bad but the way she paws at her and she goes all goggle-eyed with him....brotherly instinct AWAY!!!!!) You haven't had much chance working with him in the training since he's older than you AND he's the son of an important lord. But maybe that might change after today and you prove yourself against the clansmen.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:
"Warrior be with you then lad."
"Thank you, sire."

Well he's only been fat for a few years and he might not be as bad as he was by book time.
Point still stands.

True, and this tourney might be helpful.
Yep. And when I have time I tell Mya my plan.

I intend to impress him so much he recognizes us publicly.

Then we'll be kings bastards instead of just bastards.

A few knights gafaw at this as you ride.
I grin like a shark.

You rush the Hill Men, your long legs pumping faster than they should be able to.  You quickly pass the other men dismounted at the time and even one of the few horses that had managed to get enough momentum for a charge.  While you're not the first to hit the Hill Men, you're not that far behind.  And when you make contact, you're like a thunder clap.  The hammer which has to have an at least ten pound head on it, is swung faster than some men do with a sword.
I kill everyone in reach who's not one of mine.

And when it makes contact, it has about the results as expected...messily.  Men go down like ninepins, their bodies a cornucopia of crushed body parts.
Beautiful.

You must have struck down over half a dozen men when you spot him.  The obvious leader of this band, he's a bit younger than expected but his hands are both horrifically scarred though they seem to have lost none of their strength and dexterity.  He glares at you and then swinging his axe he charges you.
I grin like a madman and meet him in absolute silence.

While he doesn't have much style to mention, he's fast and strong, and psychotically aggressive.  DON'T play with this one.
I don't. I want him DEAD. VERY FUCKING DEAD!

Then I'll kill some more of his dumb little buddies as they try and run. Hell, when they do I throw my shield into one of their backs, grab his damned axe, and charge with both weapons to kill any motherfuckers who aren't fast enough.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:14 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Thank you, sire."
"Just don't get yourself killed."

Yep. And when I have time I tell Mya my plan.

I intend to impress him so much he recognizes us publicly.

Then we'll be kings bastards instead of just bastards.
She'd call you crazy.

I grin like a shark.
Heh

I kill everyone in reach who's not one of mine.
And Lordie does it cause pain for people.

I grin like a madman and meet him in absolute silence.
You knock away at least 4 other Hill Men to get to the leader.

I don't. I want him DEAD. VERY FUCKING DEAD!
And dies, though not after a ferocious fight, you might be strong, fast, and have exceptional reflexes, but you're still a kid who hasn't been in a real fight to the death before and you miss several blows that could have killed you if they'd been a hair's breadth closer.

But once he dies the remaining Hill Men shatter and turn to flee.

Then I'll kill some more of his dumb little buddies as they try and run. Hell, when they do I throw my shield into one of their backs, grab his damned axe, and charge with both weapons to kill any motherfuckers who aren't fast enough.
You hurl the heavy shield like a discus being thrown by a discus thrower and dispite it's not circular shape, it still breaks the spine of one running Hill Man. You then grab the ax and give chase several more falling with wounds to their back before a loud voice calls you back. You turn to see you faster had shouted at you to stop. Then you look at the carnage, over 40 of the hillmen were dead, 14 of them including the redhand of the band, were done in by you. Of your companions most are alright, though a few are nursing wounds of one type or another. Though you think they'll be fine once they see a Maester.

Ser Martyn Lancet your master, stares at the carnage you wrought, as do many of the others in the party. Mychel Redfort is pail as a ghost though it seems he manages to wet his blade as well though you doubt he did half as well. Lyn Corbray, Redfort's master looks impressed, VERY impressed.

"Damn Lad I didn't think you had it in you. You were like an avalanche going uphill there." Your master said.

Then another knight says, "...avalanche....Eddard the Avalanche..."

Soon others take up the name as well. Not shouting it but they seem to thing it fits.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:26 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Just don't get yourself killed."
"Don't worry, sire. I intend to live a long life."

She'd call you crazy.
And what has being sane gotten us?

And Lordie does it cause pain for people.
None of mine I hope.

You knock away at least 4 other Hill Men to get to the leader.
By "Knock away" I hope you mean "fell"

And dies, though not after a ferocious fight, you might be strong, fast, and have exceptional reflexes, but you're still a kid who hasn't been in a real fight to the death before and you miss several blows that could have killed you if they'd been a hair's breadth closer.
I need a bit more practice, but goddamned this was exhilarating!

But once he dies the remaining Hill Men shatter and turn to flee.
Too slow, chicken marengo! Too slow for this cat!

You hurl the heavy shield like a discus being thrown by a discus thrower and dispite it's not circular shape, it still breaks the spine of one running Hill Man.
Looks like we're going to have a hanging!

You then grab the ax and give chase several more falling with wounds to their back before a loud voice calls you back.  You turn to see you faster had shouted at you to stop.  Then you look at the carnage, over 40 of the hillmen were dead, 14 of them including the redhand of the band, were done in by you.  Of your companions most are alright, though a few are nursing wounds of one type or another.  Though you think they'll be fine once they see a Maester.
I walk back looking like a tomcat on the strut.

"Well, sires, I believe today went well..." I look at the guy whom I injured.

If he's alive I smile. "It looks like we have one for trial."

If he's not I pout, "Master, you promised me if I took one alive we could take him to the lord for trial..."

If the other knights ask about that, "For the Smallfolk, see. It makes them feel better to see the villain put to death. Gives them some closure and a taste of sweet vengeance."

Ser Martyn Lancet your master, stares at the carnage you wrought, as do many of the others in the party.  Mychel Redfort is pail as a ghost though it seems he manages to wet his blade as well though you doubt he did half as well.  Lyn Corbray, Redfort's master looks impressed, VERY impressed.
"Are you alright, Mychel? You look a bit pale. You haven't taken a wound have you? Mya would kill me if I let you get hurt..."

"Damn Lad I didn't think you had it in you.  You were like an avalanche going uphill there."  Your master said.
"Thank you, sire. I was simpling making the best of your training."

Then another knight says, "...avalanche....Eddard the Avalanche..."
I blush at that. It's a strong name in the Vale.

"Well, they say an Avalanche can be started with a single Stone..."

And I look at the axe to see if it has the markings of any noble houses on it. If so, I'll see it returned personally. Never hurts to build up some good will.

Soon others take up the name as well.  Not shouting it but they seem to thing it fits.
I wear it with pride, go home, give my sister a hug and tell her about my adventure.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Don't worry, sire. I intend to live a long life."
"Plenty of dead young men have said that."

And what has being sane gotten us?
A relatively comfortable life and you have prospects for knighthood.

None of mine I hope.
From you no.

By "Knock away" I hope you mean "fell"
What do you think.

I need a bit more practice, but goddamned this was exhilarating!
Durrendon breeds true.

Looks like we're going to have a hanging!
Unfortunately he has a seizure and dies.

I walk back looking like a tomcat on the strut.

"Well, sires, I believe today went well..." I look at the guy whom I injured.

If he's alive I smile. "It looks like we have one for trial."

If he's not I pout, "Master, you promised me if I took one alive we could take him to the lord for trial..."
"Don't hit them so hard next time then."

If the other knights ask about that, "For the Smallfolk, see. It makes them feel better to see the villain put to death. Gives them some closure and a taste of sweet vengeance."
"Their heads will work just fine I think." Lyn says.

"Are you alright, Mychel? You look a bit pale. You haven't taken a wound have you? Mya would kill me if I let you get hurt..."
"N-no I'm quite alright." He manages to stutter, Lyn gives the young man a look when he stutters.

"Thank you, sire. I was simply making the best of your training."
The other knights stare at Martyn Lancet for a moment, he almost seems embarrassed of the attention.

I blush at that. It's a strong name in the Vale.

"Well, they say an Avalanche can be started with a single Stone..."
That gets a bunch of people to laugh.

And I look at the axe to see if it has the markings of any noble houses on it. If so, I'll see it returned personally. Never hurts to build up some good will.
House Moore if the three bronze arrowheads inlaid in the side of the head are any sign.

I wear it with pride, go home, give my sister a hug and tell her about my adventure.
Before you head out Lyn seems to talk with Martyn for a moment, you lean in and you manage to hear, "Not yet Lyn, I'm trying to make this lad a real knight. Not just another thug on a horse."

Lyn flares up for a moment but thankfully doesn't seem TOO upset so he shrugs and gets on his horse, the 44 heads are lopped off and bagged to be presented to Nestor Royce for examination. You might have some recognition coming down the pipe for killing 14 of them as well as the Red Hand of the Band.

Mya all but flies to you and the two of you embrace then she quickly curtsies to Mychel and then asks the two of you what happened. Mya is duitfully impressed.

Later a servant calls for you to present yourself to Nestor Royce, the Master of the Gates of the Moon, he isn't a lord but as steward of the entire Vale and master of the Gates of the Moon, he's a pretty damn important fella.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:
"Plenty of dead young men have said that."
And many wrinkly old ones. Very Happy

A relatively comfortable life and you have prospects for knighthood.
No, being the king's unrecognized bastards got us that.

What do you think.
Needed to double check.

Durrendon breeds true.
Indeed.

Unfortunately he has a seizure and dies.
"...Gods damn it!"

"Don't hit them so hard next time then."
Long sigh.

"Their heads will work just fine I think."  Lyn says.
"It's not the same... hard to jeer and and throw rotten turnips at a pile of heads."

"N-no I'm quite alright."  He manages to stutter, Lyn gives the young man a look when he stutters.
I laugh and clap him on the shoulder. "Lighten up. How how many did you kill?"

No matter how many or how few, I lionize him a bit. I respect him. He's just not a monster like me!

The other knights stare at Martyn Lancet for a moment, he almost seems embarrassed of the attention.
I look oblivious to this.

That gets a bunch of people to laugh.
I glow a bit at the attention.I could get used to this.

House Moore if the three bronze arrowheads inlaid in the side of the head are any sign.
I bring it up. Looks like this need to be returned to its proper owners!

Before you head out Lyn seems to talk with Martyn for a moment, you lean in and you manage to hear, "Not yet Lyn, I'm trying to make this lad a real knight.  Not just another thug on a horse."
I'll make sure to thank him. I guess he's sussed out my evil plot.

Lyn flares up for a moment but thankfully doesn't seem TOO upset so he shrugs and gets on his horse, the 44 heads are lopped off and bagged to be presented to Nestor Royce for examination.  You might have some recognition coming down the pipe for killing 14 of them as well as the Red Hand of the Band.
Sounds good to me!

Mya all but flies to you and the two of you embrace then she quickly curtsies to Mychel and then asks the two of you what happened. Mya is duitfully impressed.
I make sure to give her a kiss on the forehead.

Nothing like fighting for your live to make you remember how much you value the people you love.

I love my baby sister!

And yes, its adorable how she turns red with fury when I call her that!

Later a servant calls for you to present yourself to Nestor Royce, the Master of the Gates of the Moon, he isn't a lord but as steward of the entire Vale and master of the Gates of the Moon, he's a pretty damn important fella.
I make sure to look my best and be on my best behavior.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:Very true and you think, or at least hope, that it worked and she got the message.
I can hope, but thing are rarely ever so simple. I might have to resort to the emergency backup plan of making her the deadliest thing on two legs so I can get some peace of mine, though that'd be an endeavor in and of itself.

Alright then, his eyes widen when you show him the weapon.  He asks where you got the thing and after hearing where you found it and your intentions with it, he frowns, there's a tournament down in King's Landing in honor of Prince Joffery's Nameday, I was planning on bringing you along with me you can deliver it there.  Otherwise we'd have to pay a small fortune to deliver it and keep it safe."
"A tournament. Might indeed be interesting to watch and see who's who, I'd need to consider how to finesse delivery though," I give my master a frank look. "The last thing I want is to appear as though I'm attempting to court favor with his Majesty. Not only could it be seen as hopelessly arrogant, the act itself could well draw ire from those who actually are and have I mentioned how I love my life being free of inconveniences such as knives in the dead of knight or having to worry about my food and drink being safe?"

In any case you gather up with the 30 other knights and squires, all of whom are being led by Mychel Redfort's master Lyn Corbray, the BEST swordsman in the Vale of Arryn.  He sees everyone is read and shouts, "We ride!"

You head into the mountains of the Moon seeing little trouble at first.  But as you ride further on...

Roll a d100
Travel montage is go. Now complete with horses.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:18 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 33

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:
"Servants are bringing supplies to the stables lad.  You just need to make sure that they're strapped on properly."
"I understand sir."

As you head to breakfast you see the dark mop of hair that signals your baby sister, (Seven Does she HATE it when you call her that) heading for the main hall of the Gates of the Moon, you frown a bit when you see that Jackass Mychal Redfort with her. (He really isn't all that bad but the way he paws at her and she goes all goggle-eyed with him....brotherly instinct AWAY!!!!!) You haven't had much chance working with him in the training since he's older than you AND he's the son of an important lord. But maybe that might change after today and you prove yourself against the clansmen.
I mentally sigh as I catch sight of Mychal hanging around Mya... and vice versa if I'm being honest. Since Mya is happy around him, I'll of course have to be courteous... which doesn't mean I can't do some... indirect threats to his life and limb should he hurt Mya in anyway, in private of course.

Steeling myself and shoving down my brotherly instinct slightly, I greeted him and Mya. "Hello Redford, Mya, how are you today?" With rather forced politeness. Must. Be. Polite. For Little. Sister.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:10 am

Psyckosama wrote:And many wrinkly old ones. Very Happy
And which will you be?

No, being the king's unrecognized bastards got us that.
True

"...Gods damn it!"
What can you do sometimes?

"It's not the same... hard to jeer and and throw rotten turnips at a pile of heads."
"They can make due."

I laugh and clap him on the shoulder. "Lighten up. How how many did you kill?"

No matter how many or how few, I lionize him a bit. I respect him. He's just not a monster like me!
"Just one..."

Though he seems to take heart when you extol his praises. You might have won a comrade there.

I look oblivious to this.
Heh

I glow a bit at the attention.I could get used to this.
You could.

I bring it up. Looks like this need to be returned to its proper owners!
Ser Lancet says that they could visit their holding to see if the weapon could be returned.

I'll make sure to thank him. I guess he's sussed out my evil plot.
As awesome as you fought, he feels that either Arryn himself, one of the King's Guard, or the king himself should do the job.

I make sure to give her a kiss on the forehead.

Nothing like fighting for your live to make you remember how much you value the people you love.

I love my baby sister!

And yes, its adorable how she turns red with fury when I call her that!
It is a warm moment, one that you'll hold onto for a long while.

I make sure to look my best and be on my best behavior.
You head over to the main hall, slight apprehension.

But as it turns out Nestor Royce merely wanted to acknowledge your contributions to the fight and that people in the Vale will soon be interested in you. If you're clever, you might go pretty far.

He also says that such gallantry and force of arms should be rewarded in some way. 13 silver Stags and 1 gold dragon, for Striking down the Red Hand Timmett son of Rogett one of the nastiest raiders among the mountain folk. (The father of Timmet son of Timmett a young man from the books the burned men are nervous around him...SWORN ENEMY for LIFE!)

Rieverre wrote:I can hope, but thing are rarely ever so simple. I might have to resort to the emergency backup plan of making her the deadliest thing on two legs so I can get some peace of mine, though that'd be an endeavor in and of itself.
hehe

"A tournament. Might indeed be interesting to watch and see who's who, I'd need to consider how to finesse delivery though," I give my master a frank look. "The last thing I want is to appear as though I'm attempting to court favor with his Majesty. Not only could it be seen as hopelessly arrogant, the act itself could well draw ire from those who actually are and have I mentioned how I love my life being free of inconveniences such as knives in the dead of knight or having to worry about my food and drink being safe?"
"I don't blame ye lad. I've heard stories about his queen...." He shudders a bit. "We'll figure something out."

Travel montage is go. Now complete with horses.

You find a burnt out village, to your surprise, there are a fair number of people still alive, but many have an ear cut off. One group does that, "Black Ears."

The black ears apparently crashed in stole the food and metal tools and grabbed a few younger women as well before scampering back into the mountains on foot and on their hill ponies that can scamper like goats in the mountains.

Aceraptor wrote:"I understand sir."
He nods and says, "I'll see you outside then.

I mentally sigh as I catch sight of Mychal hanging around Mya... and vice versa if I'm being honest. Since Mya is happy around him, I'll of course have to be courteous... which doesn't mean I can't do some... indirect threats to his life and limb should he hurt Mya in anyway, in private of course.

Steeling myself and shoving down my brotherly instinct slightly, I greeted him and Mya. "Hello Redford, Mya, how are you today?" With rather forced politeness. Must. Be. Polite. For Little. Sister.
The two of them turn to you, Mya seems pleased that you're being polite and says, "Good Morning Brother, Mychel was just telling that the two of you were going to be ridding with the band being sent to deal with the Hill Tribe raiders. I wish the both of you luck and may the Warrior give you strength and the Mother keep you safe."

Mychel smiles and says, "I doubt we'll be in TOO much danger Mya, we'll be riding with some of the best knights in the Vale, right (Insert Name)?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:And which will you be?
"Don't know, but we know which you are..."

Cheeky grin

"They can make due."
Next time maybe.

"Just one..."

Though he seems to take heart when you extol his praises.  You might have won a comrade there.
I laugh and clap him on the shoulder.

Ser Lancet says that they could visit their holding to see if the weapon could be returned.
"If you believe it appropriate and if you have the time."

As awesome as you fought, he feels that either Arryn himself, one of the King's Guard, or the king  himself should do the job.
Thank you, master.

It is a warm moment, one that you'll hold onto for a long while.
Yeah. Only family worth calling so.

You head over to the main hall, slight apprehension.
Yeah. I don't get summoned much...or at least haven't since I was a trouble making brat.

[quote]But as it turns out Nestor Royce merely wanted to acknowledge your contributions to the fight and that people in the Vale will soon be interested in you.  If you're clever, you might go pretty far.
I'd like to think so, sire.

He also says that such gallantry and force of arms should be rewarded in some way.  13 silver Stags and 1 gold dragon, for Striking down the Red Hand Timmett son of Rogett one of the nastiest raiders among the mountain folk.
I go wide eyed at the amount of money. For a knight its a decent prize, for a lord its pocket change, but for a base born bastard... wow.

I try and school my expression but I'm only a lad.

"You're too kind, m'lord. I was only doing my duty. Thank you."

[quote](The father of Timmet son of Timmett a young man from the books the burned men are nervous around him...SWORN ENEMY for LIFE!)

Someone else to kill the hell out of.

Now, move on?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:53 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Don't know, but we know which you are..."

Cheeky grin
"You ain't too big to whop around the head just yet lad."

There isn't any real heat in his voice though.

I laugh and clap him on the shoulder.
He laughs with you.

"If you believe it appropriate and if you have the time."
"Maybe after tourney."

Thank you, master.
Well that or until you make it to your majority.

Yeah. Only family worth calling so.
Well there might be a certain blacksmith....

Yeah. I don't get summoned much...or at least haven't since I was a trouble making brat.
Heh

I'd like to think so, sire.
"We'll see lad, we'll see."

I go wide eyed at the amount of money. For a knight its a decent prize, for a lord its pocket change, but for a base born bastard... wow.

I try and school my expression but I'm only a lad.

"You're too kind, m'lord. I was only doing my duty. Thank you."
"Think nothing of it lad, if you continue to fight like the warrior himself than good things should come to you."

Someone else to kill the hell out of.

Now, move on?
Alright keep your shirt on.

You're dismissed and you meet with your sister, who's awed at the amount of money you were rewarded with. "What are we going to do with all this?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:"You ain't too big to whop around the head just yet lad."

There isn't any real heat in his voice though.
"I know, you still do it often enough already..."

He laughs with you.
Good humor all aobut.

"Maybe after tourney."
"Hopefully I'll be a recognized son and a knight by then."

Well that or until you make it to your majority.
I laugh.

Well there might be a certain blacksmith....
Might mysteriously show up there during a visits to king's landing. Who knows?

"We'll see lad, we'll see."
Aye. We will.

"Think nothing of it lad, if you continue to fight like the warrior himself than good things should come to you."
I smile wistfully. "I only pray that is true..."

Alright keep your shirt on.

You're dismissed and you meet with your sister, who's awed at the amount of money you were rewarded with.  "What are we going to do with all this?"
I tell her my insane plan and I ask her to trust me. We're being recognized by our father if it kills me. Plus the money would be nice too.

I spend it on getting a cheap tabard for covering my shitty borrowed armor, and an old helmet with FULL FACIAL COVERAGE!

Beyond that my own shield if need be.

And if possible, I want her to come with.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:27 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I know, you still do it often enough already..."
More laughter.

"Hopefully I'll be a recognized son and a knight by then."
"You're mad lad you know that?"

Might mysteriously show up there during a visits to king's landing. Who knows?
Indeed, might be a shock for the kid.

I smile wistfully. "I only pray that is true..."
"Just don't try to enter politics." That gets a laugh out of folks.

I tell her my insane plan and I ask her to trust me. We're being recognized by our father if it kills me. Plus the money would be nice too.

I spend it on getting a cheap tabard for covering my shitty borrowed armor, and an old helmet with FULL FACIAL COVERAGE!

Beyond that my own shield if need be.

And if possible, I want her to come with.
Well as you head out to find this stuff, one of the older squires comes up to you and says that since you managed to find a small squirely fortune, he's wondering if you'll want to visit Sweet Jenny's with the older squires with parental money as well as the knights.

Sweet Jenny's is what you THINK it is.

Mya looks insulted but resigned as if she knows that it's a given for insults like this to happen.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:37 am

Brian Boru wrote:More laughter.
I smile at him. "Tough really, do have some faith in me."

"You're mad lad you know that?"
"So was Aergon Targaryan..."

Indeed, might be a shock for the kid.
Yeah, but he deserves to know and he's my brother.

"Just don't try to enter politics."  That gets a laugh out of folks.
"And why not? I can lie like the best of 'em."

Big smile.

Well as you head out to find this stuff, one of the older squires comes up to you and says that since you managed to find a small squirely fortune, he's wondering if you'll want to visit Sweet Jenny's with the older squires with parental money as well as the knights.

Sweet Jenny's is what you THINK it is.
I give him a level look. "No, and for reasons that should be obvious. Thank you, for the invite but I must decline."

Mya looks insulted but resigned as if she knows that it's a given for insults like this to happen.
I frown and then add, "And would like you to apologize to my sister. Your subject was inappropriate for female ears."

There's there same edge to my voice that I had when I beat the shit out of the hedge knight.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:
The two of them turn to you, Mya seems pleased that you're being polite and says, "Good Morning Brother, Mychel was just telling that the two of you were going to be ridding with the band being sent to deal with the Hill Tribe raiders.  I wish the both of you luck and may the Warrior give you strength and the Mother keep you safe."

Mychel smiles and says, "I doubt we'll be in TOO much danger Mya, we'll be riding with some of the best knights in the Vale, right (Insert Name)?"
"Don't worry dear sister. We'll be fine." I smile at Mya while replying. But I then turn to Mychel. "That being said Mychel. It is best not to underestimate the Hill Tribe. Yes, we will be riding alongside some of the best knights alive, but a moment of laxity can still cost you dearly."

Clearing my throat, I speak to Mya. "Mya, I hope Mychel is treating you well. After all... as your brother I must look after your happiness and well-being, and anyone that harms you will have to answer to me." I speak the last in a 'you know what I mean' tone of voice.

Anyways, after the small talk is done and over with and I grab food to eat. I'll head over to the armory and get my gear as well as getting the master's armor ready. I'll heft various weapons and pick what feels most right. Though a bastard sword or some other sword as a secondary weapon wouldn't be amiss. Of course, I'll have to take a shield.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:"I don't blame ye lad.  I've heard stories about his queen...."  He shudders a bit.  "We'll figure something out."
"And that's part of why I'll endeavor to find a herbalist or similar once we're done with this excursion, and take lessons. All medicines are poisons, or so I've read."

Worst comes to worst, I can always just go look for one at a brothel in good standing. Well, as far as that even applies. Naturally, that part I don't mention out loud.

You find a burnt out village, to your surprise, there are a fair number of people still alive, but many have an ear cut off.  One group does that, "Black Ears."

The black ears apparently crashed in stole the food and metal tools and grabbed a few younger women as well before scampering back into the mountains on foot and on their hill ponies that can scamper like goats in the mountains.
While the knights ask around, I dismount and make my own inquiries, of the peasantry as well as of the ground. Raiding band like that, they'll have left tracks, and if it hasn't rained recently it should not be beyond me to locate those and inform Ser Martyn. I'm hoping I have at least some experience in tracking given the fact that I've probably hunted before, as the bow would be one of my favored arms.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:06 am

Psyckosama wrote:I smile at him. "Tough really, do have some faith in me."
"14 years old lad."

"So was Aergon Targaryan..."
"Though hopefully without the incest." He jokes.

Yeah, but he deserves to know and he's my brother.
And if you manage to win your joust then he'll KNOW who's bastard he is.

"And why not? I can lie like the best of 'em."

Big smile.
"History and all that."

I give him a level look. "No, and for reasons that should be obvious. Thank you, for the invite but I must decline."
"Are you sure? I'm sure the girls would be all over you, might even give you a discount if you tell them your story today. Honestly Stone, you need to LIVE a little."

I frown and then add, "And would like you to apologize to my sister. Your subject was inappropriate for female ears."

There's there same edge to my voice that I had when I beat the shit out of the hedge knight.
He seems confused for a moment, then looks to Mya and says "oh...forgot about you...yes...yes I apologize."

Aceraptor wrote:"Don't worry dear sister. We'll be fine." I smile at Mya while replying. But I then turn to Mychel. "That being said Mychel. It is best not to underestimate the Hill Tribe. Yes, we will be riding alongside some of the best knights alive, but a moment of laxity can still cost you dearly."
"Very true. You're a prudent fellow."

Clearing my throat, I speak to Mya. "Mya, I hope Mychel is treating you well. After all... as your brother I must look after your happiness and well-being, and anyone that harms you will have to answer to me." I speak the last in a 'you know what I mean' tone of voice.
She gives you a look but says, "Mychel has been a true knight and nothing untoward has been done to me I promise you."

Anyways, after the small talk is done and over with and I grab food to eat. I'll head over to the armory and get my gear as well as getting the master's armor ready. I'll heft various weapons and pick what feels most right. Though a bastard sword or some other sword as a secondary weapon wouldn't be amiss. Of course, I'll have to take a shield.
You manage to grab a shield with the sigil of House Royce of the Gate of the Moon, a symbol many troops serving Nestor Royce have. Then as you're searching through the swords, you notice in the back a dusty shape. Stitting there is a massive warhammer. Emblazoned on the side is a black stag. You realize this must have been Robert's hammer that he used as squire, before the one the famous blacksmith Donal Noye made for him after he achieved knighthood. You wonder why the thing hadn't been taken with him when he went to king's landing. Must have forgotten it. Like he forgot about you and your sister when he became king. That still stings a bit though you do accept that you and Mya wouldn't belong with the rest of the court. And considering what you'd heard about Cersei Lannister...that might be a blessing he didn't take you along. Then you grab the thing to heft it, and you realize it might have also been because only your old man could have lifted the damn thing. Him and your because it feels just a hair on the lightside to your for some reason.

Rieverre wrote:"And that's part of why I'll endeavor to find a herbalist or similar once we're done with this excursion, and take lessons. All medicines are poisons, or so I've read."
"Might be a smart move.

Worst comes to worst, I can always just go look for one at a brothel in good standing. Well, as far as that even applies. Naturally, that part I don't mention out loud.
Heh

While the knights ask around, I dismount and make my own inquiries, of the peasantry as well as of the ground. Raiding band like that, they'll have left tracks, and if it hasn't rained recently it should not be beyond me to locate those and inform Ser Martyn. I'm hoping I have at least some experience in tracking given the fact that I've probably hunted before, as the bow would be one of my favored arms.
Well as you're asking around and checking the ground, another knight, a hedgeknight from the look of it with some experience in this says he's found the trail. You ride off while getting information from the others, apparently this group is about 50 strong or so, a big number but nothing you can't handle so long as they don't ambush ya.

Roll a d100
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:"14 years old lad."
"But I'm more a 30 year old in spirit..."

"Though hopefully without the incest."  He jokes.
"That's not funny."

And if you manage to win your joust then he'll KNOW who's bastard he is.
Aye.

"History and all that."
"I'm not Deamon Blackfyre. The man was a thug and a brute, and if Joffery is half the man Daeron the Good was, I'd happily serve him knowing the kingdom is in good order."

"Are you sure?  I'm sure the girls would be all over you, might even give you a discount if you tell them your story today. Honestly Stone, you need to LIVE a little."
"It's not about me. It's about the complications that can come from 'living a little'..."

He seems confused for a moment, then looks to Mya and says "oh...forgot about you...yes...yes I apologize."
My eyes narrow. "That was not an apology."

So, where to from here?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:"But I'm more a 30 year old in spirit..."
"Being a bastard will do that."

"That's not funny."
"No it's not lad I apologize."

"I'm not Deamon Blackfyre. The man was a thug and a brute, and if Joffery is half the man Daeron the Good was, I'd happily serve him knowing the kingdom is in good order."
No one seems to crack up at that....apparently none of them have been to King's Landing...or the Rock....

"We can only hope he is lad."

"It's not about me. It's about the complications that can come from 'living a little'..."
"What complications?"

My eyes narrow. "That was not an apology."
"What do you mean it wasn't an apology? I said I was sorry!" He seems upset that you're harping on this.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Being a bastard will do that."
I nod.

That and literally having a 30 year olds consciousness plugged into your head.

"No it's not lad I apologize."
"Accepted. I know you meant no offense by it, sire."

"We can only hope he is lad."
"I can say now, that as long as he's not as bad as a Mad King there will be nothing to worry about."

"What complications?"
I take a deep breath, rub my temple, and then look at him and holding my tongue say the following: "Sex makes babies."

"What do you mean it wasn't an apology?  I said I was sorry!"  He seems upset that you're harping on this.
"I've heard more sincerity out of children getting caught snatching cookies from the kitchens!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:I nod.

That and literally having a 30 year olds consciousness plugged into your head.
True

"Accepted. I know you meant no offense by it, sire."
"Well then shall we ride then."

"I can say now, that as long as he's not as bad as a Mad King there will be nothing to worry about."
You get a couple of laughs there and the presentation ends.

I take a deep breath, rub my temple, and then look at him and holding my tongue say the following: "Sex makes babies."
"Yes? And?"

"I've heard more sincerity out of children getting caught snatching cookies from the kitchens!"
With that he snarls and turns from you, "Stingy Prick." He mutters.

Some of the other knights watch and mutter shaking their heads, "Worst part of that? The dumb one's more likely to become a knight then the one who fought like the warrior made flesh..."

"No fairness in this world sometimes...."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Well then shall we ride then."
"Aye, master. Now off with thee lest ye see my hammer."

You get a couple of laughs there and the presentation ends.
Righto.

"Yes?  And?"
I look at the small group that's forming around us. "Is he being obtuse or is he really just this bloody dense? If he is, someone explain because if I have to do so, I'll be using my fists as full stop. Much like a very large and hard hitting period."

With that he snarls and turns from you, "Stingy Prick."  He mutters.
"Thick-skulled product of excessive inbreeding."

Some of the other knights watch and mutter shaking their heads, "Worst part of that?  The dumb one's more likely to become a knight then the one who fought like the warrior made flesh..."

"No fairness in this world sometimes...."
"Story of my life, gentlemen. Now, would any of you be inclined to treat a fellow and his beautiful sister to a horn full of mead?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Aye, master. Now off with thee lest ye see my hammer."
He laughes and you go.

I look at the small group that's forming around us. "Is he being obtuse or is he really just this bloody dense? If he is, someone explain because if I have to do so, I'll be using my fists as full stop. Much like a very large and hard hitting period."

"Thick-skulled product of excessive inbreeding."
THAT seems to infuriate the young man and he demands that the two of you duel. Technically speaking both of your masters have to agree to this but he says his master is a knight of honor and personal standing, not a glorified mercenary like yours. And you got you master's permission right there.

"Story of my life, gentlemen. Now, would any of you be inclined to treat a fellow and his beautiful sister to a horn full of mead?"
"Would be our pleasure lad." You head down to the barracks and you and the other knights yuck it up for a while. You did DAMN well time you celebrate.

The next day you're right as rain while your drinking companions are a little worse for wear.

You've found yourself geared up for a duel with the idjit.

"No killing and no crippling wounds." The referee says, but you get the feeling this shite won't be holding to that rule.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:She gives you a look but says, "Mychel has been a true knight and nothing untoward has been done to me I promise you."
I smile at Mya. "That is good. That is very good. I will make sure to get Mychel through this coming fight intact." I finished with a grin.

You manage to grab a shield with the sigil of House Royce of the Gate of the Moon, a symbol many troops serving Nestor Royce have.
As I grabbed the shield I move it about, testing it, seeing how to best manipulate it to block attacks or bash opponents with. Once I'm satisfied, I move to the weapons racks.

Then as you're searching through the swords, you notice in the back a dusty shape. Sitting there is a massive warhammer. Emblazoned on the side is a black stag. You realize this must have been Robert's hammer that he used as squire, before the one the famous blacksmith Donal Noye made for him after he achieved knighthood. You wonder why the thing hadn't been taken with him when he went to king's landing. Must have forgotten it. Like he forgot about you and your sister when he became king.
I am rather startled when I behold the hammer which Robert used in his youth. It *is* rather curious that Robert didn't take it... but fortuitous for me.

That still stings a bit though you do accept that you and Mya wouldn't belong with the rest of the court. And considering what you'd heard about Cersei Lannister...that might be a blessing he didn't take you along.
Past hurts are past hurts... though in a way I *am* glad that Mya and I didn't get dropped neck deep in the cutthroat backstabbing politics of Westeros.

Then you grab the thing to heft it, and you realize it might have also been because only your old man could have lifted the damn thing. Him and your because it feels just a hair on the lightside to your for some reason.
Hefting the hammer was rather weird. I *know* it should feel heavier then it is to my hands, and objectively it *is* extremely heavy. But it is rather light to me. Shrugging to myself, I take the hammer, though I take the time to wrap the hammerhead in a cloth so that I can show it to master first and see if it is available for use first, after all... it *was* Robert's hammer.

I'll of course have to look for my own armor to wear if I am allowed one.

Well after finishing up in the armory, time to get to the rest of my tasks at the stables then get back to master in order to notify him and show him the hammer and see what he thinks of it.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:
THAT seems to infuriate the young man and he demands that the two of you duel.  Technically speaking both of your masters have to agree to this but he says his master is a knight of honor and personal standing, not a glorified mercenary like yours.  And you got you master's permission right there.
"That's two. Would you like to insult my father and look like a right and true slack jawed fucking retard?"

[quote]"Would be our pleasure lad."  You head down to the barracks and you and the other knights yuck it up for a while.  You did DAMN well time you celebrate./quote]

I don't whore or fuck but I enjoy their company and listen to their tales of valor.

"... and as they fled all I wanted to say was 'NO! Don't go! I haven't killed you all yet!"

The next day you're right as rain while your drinking companions are a little worse for wear.
I make sure to look especially cheery this morning around them. Smile

You've found yourself geared up for a duel with the idjit.

"No killing and no crippling wounds."  The referee says, but you get the feeling this shite won't be holding to that rule.
I agree. I intend to beat him into unconsciousness. Smashing his nose, shattering his jaw, and punching some of his teeth out isn't technically crippling.

A couple broken bones might also send the message. Clean breaks, but I want him to have to think about this for a while...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:40 am

Aceraptor wrote:I smile at Mya. "That is good. That is very good. I will make sure to get Mychel through this coming fight intact." I finished with a grin.
She looks a bit indignant but doesn't comment.

As I grabbed the shield I move it about, testing it, seeing how to best manipulate it to block attacks or bash opponents with. Once I'm satisfied, I move to the weapons racks.
It isn't a perfect shield, but it's solid and feels quite reliable.

I am rather startled when I behold the hammer which Robert used in his youth. It *is* rather curious that Robert didn't take it... but fortuitous for me.
It almost seems to call to you.

Past hurts are past hurts... though in a way I *am* glad that Mya and I didn't get dropped neck deep in the cutthroat backstabbing politics of Westeros.
True, Cersei might have killed you at some point.

Hefting the hammer was rather weird. I *know* it should feel heavier then it is to my hands, and objectively it *is* extremely heavy. But it is rather light to me. Shrugging to myself, I take the hammer, though I take the time to wrap the hammerhead in a cloth so that I can show it to master first and see if it is available for use first, after all... it *was* Robert's hammer.

I'll of course have to look for my own armor to wear if I am allowed one.

Well after finishing up in the armory, time to get to the rest of my tasks at the stables then get back to master in order to notify him and show him the hammer and see what he thinks of it.
You manage to to gather for yourself some chainmail and plate armor. Not perfectly armored but you could be allowed to joust in this stuff.

Whe you get to your master and he's shown the hammer, he gives it a long look then looks back up to you, "Where did you get this lad and what are you planning on doing with it?"

Psyckosama wrote:"That's two. Would you like to insult my father and look like a right and true slack jawed fucking retard?"
"Not worth the effort..."

I don't whore or fuck but I enjoy their company and listen to their tales of valor.

"... and as they fled all I wanted to say was 'NO! Don't go! I haven't killed you all yet!"
It is a fun night.

I make sure to look especially cheery this morning around them. Smile
They glare a bit.

I agree. I intend to beat him into unconsciousness. Smashing his nose, shattering his jaw, and punching some of his teeth out isn't technically crippling.

A couple broken bones might also send the message. Clean breaks, but I want him to have to think about this for a while...
The fight is over in less than a minute. The kid never managed to get a hit on you and you all but twisted him into a pretzel...one that will eventually twist out and leave him still able to fight...but not for a long while.

The others who watched this duel stare in amazement.

The next day the castle is all abuzz, most of the knights are heading out to go to the tournament in King's Landing. You and your master are heading with them, so are Lyn Corbray and Mychel Redfort. When Mya learns that both of you are leaving, she seems a bit apprehensive about being left alone. If you ask her to come along then she willingly comes. It takes only a little more convincing for Martyn to agree to it.

And so you head out from the Eyrie to the Bloody Gate, then the King's Road, then King's Landing.

Roll a d100.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:She looks a bit indignant but doesn't comment.
Heh.

It isn't a perfect shield, but it's solid and feels quite reliable.
Its a serviceable shield. Good enough for taking on the

It almost seems to call to you.

True, Cersei might have killed you at some point.
Oh certainly. I wouldn't put it past her. Nor 90% of the other snakes in that snake pit.

When you get to your master and he's shown the hammer, he gives it a long look then looks back up to you, "Where did you get this lad and what are you planning on doing with it?"
"Well sir, I found it in the armory, collecting dust. I believe that it is a shame that such a good weapon is left collecting dust instead of being used. And... well sir. When I held it, it just felt right, I don't know how to describe it precisely. But I believe I can use it proficiently."

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:42 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well as you're asking around and checking the ground, another knight, a hedgeknight from the look of it with some experience in this says he's found the trail.  You ride off  while getting information from the others, apparently this group is about 50 strong or so, a big number but nothing you can't handle so long as they don't ambush ya.
Well, I'll be on my guard, then, and make sure I've strung my bow before heading off. I have enough spares packed to be able to afford some wear on one string.

Roll a d100
EDIT: due to pagebreak, roll on next page

Last edited by Rieverre on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pagebreak putting post with d100 roll on next page)
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top