Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 17 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:It's a spectacular hit you shatter the lance and nearly knock the man clean off his horse...nearly...while he only makes a glancing blow, harder than Jaime's last hit but still glancing.
I call for another lance and get lined up for the second pass. That was a decent start. Let's try to keep that good feeling going.

another d10
rolling
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 17 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:39 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 4

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:34 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:17
The rest of the ride through the Riverlands actually goes fairly well actually. A wandering merchant happens to come across your party and he offers his wares. Do you peruse? Anything you're looking for in particular?

Psyckosama wrote:And a pat on the back from me.
Heh

So is mine. We're going to enjoy this.
Heh

I'm giving ideas not commandments.
True

He gets a level look. "Right now the Night's Watch is dying a slow death. Less men take the black every year, the Gift is virtually uninhabited, and your coffers are almost as empty as your lands. Something has to be done. You can't look me in the eyes and say its not worth at least the attempt."
...He eventually admits that in his most desparate moments to just say fuckit and let them marry at this point.

Actually that's something of an argument for. This adviser would not be a sworn brother, but rather someone who's job it is to be the bridge between the Watch and the rest of Westeros. Someone approachable to sit in front of the merchants. Someone that gives them plausible deniablity if there's ever a bad turn. Someone they can afford to throw to the wolves...

One part adviser, one part envoy, one party patsy.

Still, just consider it and I'll be pleased they considered my ideas.
Still makes Jeor nervous.

We're headed that direction anyways. After all, we need to get to the sea to head to Bear Island and from there, the Iron Islands.
True. It's still a COLD journey before you make it there. The place is run by an ancient member of house Mallister, a bit pompous but he's run the tower for 30 years so he knows what the hell he's doing here. As for Jaime, he's there, his hair's still long, longer if anything but utterly wild and he's also grown a thick beard to keep his face warm. He looks more like a lion than he'd ever before.

He hasn't lost that smirk but little of that fire seems to remain. He greets you and asks why you've come so far north, unless there was another coup that happened since he left.

Yeah, it was hard to find someone desperate enough to take the job. Big bribe attached too.... though he seemed competent enough.

Note: The Tablets were replicas...

BTW, I'm rolling for his success.

Hmm...interesting....

Rieverre wrote:I call for another lance and get lined up for the second pass. That was a decent start. Let's try to keep that good feeling going.

You manage to knock him clean out of his seat that time, though he's able to jump back to his feet and he quickly draws his sword, apparently you'll need to go at each other for a while yet so honor and dignity is kept, you've won but he's still perfectly hail. Non-lethal here.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:
The rest of the ride through the Riverlands actually goes fairly well actually.  A wandering merchant happens to come across your party and he offers his wares.  Do you peruse?  Anything you're looking for in particular?

I peruse the man's wares while keeping an eye out for anything unusual.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:...He eventually admits that in his most desparate moments to just say fuckit and let them marry at this point.
Yeah. That would be excessive and would doom the watch more than anything else. I'd suggest a don't ask don't tell policy towards mistresses. As long as you're not completely obvious and flaunt it, turn a blind eye. Let men be men as long as they do their bloody jobs.

Still makes Jeor nervous.
"This isn't me trying to get my hooks into the Nights Watch. This would be you doing us a favor by taking a duplicitous piece of shit off our hands and then you being able to put him to work making money for the Watch. If he wasn't such a power hungry little cunt, he'd probably be a candidate for the Master of Coin. We're not sending you a useless shrill, and if he turns out to be too dirty to use... throw him a cloak and station him on the wall."

I pause. "In the end its your choice, but at least I'd appreciate it."

True.  It's still a COLD journey before you make it there.  The place is run by an ancient member of house Mallister, a bit pompous but he's run the tower for 30 years so he knows what the hell he's doing here.  As for Jaime, he's there, his hair's still long, longer if anything but utterly wild and he's also grown a thick beard to keep his face warm.  He looks more like a lion than he'd ever before.

He hasn't lost that smirk but little of that fire seems to remain.  He greets you and asks why you've come so far north, unless there was another coup that happened since he left.
"No, we're doing a grand tour of the kingdom and I wanted to see the wall and talk to the Knight Commander."

Damn it Jamie. He should have taken my offer of mercy. Had he done so... I could have argued for some form of clemency. Exile. Anything...

Damn.

Tyrion spend any time speaking with him?

Hmm...interesting....
Poke? Poke?

And onto bear island?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You manage to knock him clean out of his seat that time, though he's able to jump back to his feet and he quickly draws his sword, apparently you'll need to go at each other for a while yet so honor and dignity is kept, you've won but he's still perfectly hail.  Non-lethal here.
"Oh, now that's more like it!" I say, obviously enthusiastic about this as I pull the horse to a stop and dismount a fair ways away from him. I could just rush him, I guess, but the interruption of the ... well, monotony, relatively speaking, of the joust is _most_ welcome. I'm going to enjoy this!

Well, not to the point of being careless because Clegane _is_ sworn to Lannister, but I will enjoy it.

I draw the hand-and-a-half sword from my side, opposite the weighted club, and approach my opponent.

I'll start with testing his defense, and I'm not going to be any less of a combat pragmatist than he is about this.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:49 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I peruse the man's wares while keeping an eye out for anything unusual.
You do notice some nice clasps one with a boar, a bull, a stag, and other animals that resemble large and powerful animals. Mostly copper or simple iron.

Psyckosama wrote:Yeah. That would be excessive and would doom the watch more than anything else. I'd suggest a don't ask don't tell policy towards mistresses. As long as you're not completely obvious and flaunt it, turn a blind eye. Let men be men as long as they do their bloody jobs.
That's part of the reason of Mole Town...but a little more easing up might help a little.

"This isn't me trying to get my hooks into the Nights Watch. This would be you doing us a favor by taking a duplicitous piece of shit off our hands and then you being able to put him to work making money for the Watch. If he wasn't such a power hungry little cunt, he'd probably be a candidate for the Master of Coin. We're not sending you a useless shrill, and if he turns out to be too dirty to use... throw him a cloak and station him on the wall."

I pause. "In the end its your choice, but at least I'd appreciate it."
They'll think on it. Also they might just send him outright once that goddam mess that is his ledger is finally sorted out and they see how much fudging the bastard's done.

"No, we're doing a grand tour of the kingdom and I wanted to see the wall and talk to the Knight Commander."
"Then welcome to ice, snow, frozen oceans, hairy bastards who'll knock you're skull in for anything...oh yes and wildlings as well."

Damn it Jamie. He should have taken my offer of mercy. Had he done so... I could have argued for some form of clemency. Exile. Anything...

Damn.

Tyrion spend any time speaking with him?
They do he also asks about Cersei...(she's been married to Sandor Clegane and is now cooped up in Clegane Keep. There have been rumors that she's gone bugfuck crazy but you haven't seen it yourself, so that last bit might be just rumor.)

Poke? Poke?
You'll see.

And onto bear island?
Indeed. Roll a d100 for the boat trip there.

Rieverre wrote:"Oh, now that's more like it!" I say, obviously enthusiastic about this as I pull the horse to a stop and dismount a fair ways away from him. I could just rush him, I guess, but the interruption of the ... well, monotony, relatively speaking, of the joust is _most_ welcome. I'm going to enjoy this!

Well, not to the point of being careless because Clegane _is_ sworn to Lannister, but I will enjoy it.

I draw the hand-and-a-half sword from my side, opposite the weighted club, and approach my opponent.

I'll start with testing his defense, and I'm not going to be any less of a combat pragmatist than he is about this.
It's an interesting fight. Clegane is a BIG man not as obscenely HUGE! as his brother but big nonetheless, he's got a reach and experience on you though you have speed and strength on your side.

The fight goes on for a short while until the King declares a halt. Then Clegane sheaths his sword and leaves the field. Now you've got a little while to rest.

Now for the moment of truth, your now line up against the other semi-finalist...

Barristan Selmy, considered the best knight alive in all the seven kingdoms even IF he's gotten kinda old.

Roll a d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:I peruse the man's wares while keeping an eye out for anything unusual.
You do notice some nice clasps one with a boar, a bull, a stag, and other animals that resemble large and powerful animals.  Mostly copper or simple iron.

I purchase a Copper Stag clasp. appropriate for how i got my shadow cat cloak.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:02 am

Brian Boru wrote:That's part of the reason of Mole Town...but a little more easing up might help a little.
I give a look. "Well, when they're managing their plots they've going to need a personal staff... just sayin'..."

They'll think on it.  Also they might just send him outright once that goddam mess that is his ledger is finally sorted out and they see how much fudging the bastard's done.
Fair point. Either way, issue dropped now that I have them thinking on it. Said my piece.

While at the Wall I also want to meet Ned's brother.

"Then welcome to ice, snow, frozen oceans, hairy bastards who'll knock you're skull in for anything...oh yes and wildlings as well."
"Sounds like Kings Landing but colder and with more body hair"

They do he also asks about Cersei...(she's been married to Sandor Clegane and is now cooped up in Clegane Keep.  There have been rumors that she's gone bugfuck crazy but you haven't seen it yourself, so that last bit might be just rumor.)
I let Tyrion tell him that...

You'll see.
Razz

Indeed.  Roll a d100 for the boat trip there.
Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:41 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I purchase a Copper Stag clasp. appropriate for how i got my shadow cat cloak.
That's a handfull of copper stars and you're on your way. You ride through the crownlands one of the most heavily populated areas in the Seven Kingdoms, all these houses are directly sworn to the Royal house and the Red Keep, you begin to see more and more knights and ladies and men-at-arms coming to the capital, many to compete in the tourney. Roll a d100 for how this final trek goes.

Psyckosama wrote:I give a look. "Well, when they're managing their plots they've going to need a personal staff... just sayin'..."
Point

Fair point. Either way, issue dropped now that I have them thinking on it. Said my piece.
Noted.

While at the Wall I also want to meet Ned's brother.
He's much like Ned, though a more Jovial man than his brother, he's also an extremely good archer, swordsman, and ranger, a good man and one that... if you didn't know what horrors were coming south a man that was wasted volunteering to come here.

"Sounds like Kings Landing but colder and with more body hair"
You actually get him to laugh there.

I let Tyrion tell him that...
He takes it about as well as you expect...

He gets stupendously drunk...kills a man...then disappears into the North and no one is able to track him down...not even half-hand when they call for him from Castle Black...

Razz
Cool 

The ride there is...in a word...HORRIBLE even the sailors get sea sick at points and the ship nearly capsizes repeatedly but...by the skin of your teeth, you make it to Bear Island. Lady Maege Mormont and her daughters are there to greet you, including the tall and graceful Dacy, who kind off sticks out compared to her more short and matronly built kin though you can tell there is a hella lot of strength in there.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:I purchase a Copper Stag clasp. appropriate for how i got my shadow cat cloak.
That's a handfull of copper stars and you're on your way.  You ride through the crownlands one of the most heavily populated areas in the Seven Kingdoms, all these houses are directly sworn to the Royal house and the Red Keep, you begin to see more and more knights and ladies and men-at-arms coming to the capital, many to compete in the tourney.  Roll a d100 for how this final trek goes.

rolling

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:46 am

The member 'Silver Sun 17' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 1

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:Point
"Basically I could see one of their female servants being a wife in all but name... you need to think of how to handle it gently. Just saying."

He's much like Ned, though a more Jovial man than his brother, he's also an extremely good archer, swordsman, and ranger, a good man and one that... if you didn't know what horrors were coming south a man that was wasted volunteering to come here.
I train with him a bit and lament that I can't snag him for my kings guard when I become king.

You actually get him to laugh there.
Right.

He takes it about as well as you expect...
He gets my sympathies at least...

He gets stupendously drunk...kills a man...then disappears into the North and no one is able to track him down...not even half-hand when they call for him from Castle Black...
Damn it Jamie... >_<

The ride there is...in a word...HORRIBLE even the sailors get sea sick at points and the ship nearly capsizes repeatedly but...by the skin of your teeth, you make it to Bear Island.
If there's ever a time to learn... now is the time.

Lady Maege Mormont and her daughters are there to greet you, including the tall and graceful Dacy, who kind off sticks out compared to her more short and matronly built kin though you can tell there is a hella lot of strength in there.
Now, I'm assuming I've discussed this at length with Robert.

The main reason I'm here is Lady Dacy. I want her to become one of my sister's Ladies in waiting. To help teach her what it means to be a real woman... not one of the vapid, pampered creatures that the ladies in court are going to try and turn her into. And we're so serious about this that we took the detour to ask in person.

We'd both be very, very thankful.

Besides that I flirt with Dacy and get to know the family, and generally meet and greet my bannermen.

Oh, and Potatos.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:29 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:1

Okay....well...you ride on through the crownlands, enjoying the sights and sounds of the kingdom, when you're surprised by a large party riding from a smaller road onto the king's road, you see to your stunned surprise that it's the king himself.

As the party passes by you're group you and the king meet eyes...it's like looking into a warped mirror. The king, a little ruddy in face from obvious drinking pulls back on his reins and sidles his horse along you. He flips the hood off of you and exposes your face for all to see. The king's companions stare at the similarity there.

"(insert character name)? Is that you lad?" The king suddenly mutters, then with a cry he wraps you up in his meaty arms and starts weeping, crying about how good it is to see his first born.

Psyckosama wrote:"Basically I could see one of their female servants being a wife in all but name... you need to think of how to handle it gently. Just saying."
True

I train with him a bit and lament that I can't snag him for my kings guard when I become king.
You learn from him and he laughs saying he's been up here for so long that he'd likely melt if he went that far South now.

He gets my sympathies at least...
He's kinda in a daze.

Damn it Jamie... >_<
Tyrions a bit stunned he'd known his brother was...impetuous but this...insanity...he also regrets that the last time he'd ever see his brother would end like this, they'd finally reconciled over the Tysha affair.

If there's ever a time to learn... now is the time.
Learn what?

Now, I'm assuming I've discussed this at length with Robert.
You have.

The main reason I'm here is Lady Dacy. I want her to become one of my sister's Ladies in waiting. To help teach her what it means to be a real woman... not one of the vapid, pampered creatures that the ladies in court are going to try and turn her into. And we're so serious about this that we took the detour to ask in person.
The Mormonts are shocked but are also flattered that you'd go all the way to the ass end of nowhere for that. They also seem vaugely pleased that you'd want something like that. It seems all the older individuals remember Jorah and his silver haired bitch.

We'd both be very, very thankful.
They seem to consider it.

Besides that I flirt with Dacy and get to know the family, and generally meet and greet my bannermen.
They seem to take a liking to you and you blanch one evening when you hear old Maege mutter something about being a few years younger.

Oh, and Potatos.
See Umbers.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:You learn from him and he laughs saying he's been up here for so long that he'd likely melt if he went that far South now.
I laugh. "Well, here's to the hope that the Nights Watch can be saved from itself," I look north. "There's something on the wind, Benjen, I can smell it."

I look to the north. "Winter is coming."

"During the Age of Heroes the Children of the Forest would gift the nights watch with 100 Dragon Glass daggers a year. I believe there may have been a good reason for that. I'm the Lord of Dragonstone... and I'm going to be sending up a couple tons of the stuff. Just in case there's something to it. Better to have it spend a thousand years collecting dust in a cellar than to be lacking when there is need." I look to the wall, "What that need could be, I leave to you and your brethren to discover."

He's kinda in a daze.
"Need a drink?"

While I don't have the form of... relationship... he did with Mya... (thank the gods), I'd move earth and sea for her. She's the other half of my soul. Believe it or not, I do understand.

It's a twin thing.

I assume he shoots me down and goes off on his own?

Tyrions a bit stunned he'd known his brother was...impetuous but this...insanity...he also regrets that the last time he'd ever see his brother would end like this, they'd finally reconciled over the Tysha affair.
I ask them to have mercy. The man went mad with grief. If they can, please bring him back and not kill him.

Learn what?
How to handle a ship in rough weather!

You have.
Good.

The Mormonts are shocked but are also flattered that you'd go all the way to the ass end of nowhere for that.  They also seem vaugely pleased that you'd want something like that.  It seems all the older individuals remember Jorah and his silver haired bitch.
"I'd cross the wall in search of the Others to strangle their king to death with my bare hands for my sister's sake. Compared to that this is a but a stroll down the road."

They seem to consider it.
Here I'm hoping that's a polite way of saying "yes but we need to not look like we're totally spineless"

They seem to take a liking to you and you blanch one evening when you hear old Maege mutter something about being a few years younger.
I smile and roll with it. So how do I get on with Dacy?

See Umbers.
Great. This'll leave me with one last load of the things to dump off.

They'll do well on the Iron Islands. I just need to find a lord who's not a completely short sighted moron to pass them off to.

*sigh*

I'm going to be eating a lot of frys aren't I?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:It's an interesting fight.  Clegane is a BIG man not as obscenely HUGE! as his brother but big nonetheless, he's got a reach and experience on you though you have speed and strength on your side.

The fight goes on for a short while until the King declares a halt.  Then Clegane sheaths his sword and leaves the field.  Now you've got a little while to rest.

Now for the moment of truth, your now line up against the other semi-finalist...

Barristan Selmy, considered the best knight alive in all the seven kingdoms even IF he's gotten kinda old.

Roll a d10.
I guess it'd have been too much to hope for to see at least some of these guys knocking one-another out of the tourney. Why, it's almost as if someone arranged the matchups so it would make for a better show. Which is probably what happened, come to think of it, given that all else aside this _is_ a bit of a spectacle.

Well, let's see if I can keep this up. This guy is probably canny as a fox.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 am

'd10' : 9

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:57 pm

edited character name into the quote of your post
Brian Boru wrote:

Okay....well...you ride on through the crownlands, enjoying the sights and sounds of the kingdom, when you're surprised by a large party riding from a smaller road onto the king's road, you see to your stunned surprise that it's the king himself.
Shit

As the party passes by you're group you and the king meet eyes...it's like looking into a warped mirror.  The king, a little ruddy in face from obvious drinking pulls back on his reins and sidles his horse along you.  He flips the hood off of you and exposes your face for all to see.  The king's companions stare at the similarity there.
Double shit

"Aliser?  Is that you lad?"  The king suddenly mutters, then with a cry he wraps you up in his meaty arms and starts weeping, crying about how good it is to see his first born.
fuck it, i'm rolling with. "Yes Father, it's me. It's been a long time hasn't it?"

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:I laugh. "Well, here's to the hope that the Nights Watch can be saved from itself," I look north. "There's something on the wind, Benjen, I can smell it."

I look to the north. "Winter is coming."

"During the Age of Heroes the Children of the Forest would gift the nights watch with 100 Dragon Glass daggers a year. I believe there may have been a good reason for that. I'm the Lord of Dragonstone... and I'm going to be sending up a couple tons of the stuff. Just in case there's something to it. Better to have it spend a thousand years collecting dust in a cellar than to be lacking when there is need." I look to the wall, "What that need could be, I leave to you and your brethren to discover."
He looks at you a bit funny though you see him talking with Maester Aemon later on.

"Need a drink?"

While I don't have the form of... relationship... he did with Mya... (thank the gods), I'd move earth and sea for her. She's the other half of my soul. Believe it or not, I do understand.

It's a twin thing.

I assume he shoots me down and goes off on his own?
More or less though maybe later, though later never came.

I ask them to have mercy. The man went mad with grief. If they can, please bring him back and not kill him.
They make no promises, though they find nothing while you're there and eventually you have to leave.

How to handle a ship in rough weather!
Ah

"I'd cross the wall in search of the Others to strangle their king to death with my bare hands for my sister's sake. Compared to that this is a but a stroll down the road."
They blink at that...remember...Lannisters....

Here I'm hoping that's a polite way of saying "yes but we need to not look like we're totally spineless"
Yes...yes...

I smile and roll with it. So how do I get on with Dacy?
Fairly well, she seems interested in seeing what the man who could get the better of old Jon Umber in a fistfight and kill Gregor Clegane is made of.

Great. This'll leave me with one last load of the things to dump off.

They'll do well on the Iron Islands. I just need to find a lord who's not a completely short sighted moron to pass them off to.

*sigh*

I'm going to be eating a lot of frys aren't I?
Heh

Rieverre wrote:I guess it'd have been too much to hope for to see at least some of these guys knocking one-another out of the tourney. Why, it's almost as if someone arranged the matchups so it would make for a better show. Which is probably what happened, come to think of it, given that all else aside this _is_ a bit of a spectacle.

Well, let's see if I can keep this up. This guy is probably canny as a fox.

His strike is perfect, you can feel yourself about to fall clean off your horse. But you have ONE chance to grab the reigns and pull yourself back onto the horse. Roll a d10 for that.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:fuck it, i'm rolling with. "Yes Father, it's me. It's been a long time hasn't it?"
He continues to blubber about how's he's missed you and how you've been?

Then he demands that you and the rest of your part come with him to the Keep. He's going to have you as his personal guest.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:He looks at you a bit funny though you see him talking with Maester Aemon later on.
I don't bring it up again.

More or less though maybe later, though later never came.
Damn.

They make no promises, though they find nothing while you're there and eventually you have to leave.
"All I ask is you try."

Ah
Yeah.

They blink at that...remember...Lannisters....
"It's a twin thing," I clarify.

By the Gods, just because I love my sister dearly doesn't mean I'm a fucking pervert who fucks his sister. >_<

Fucking Lannisters. Make all of us look bad.

Yes...yes...

Fairly well, she seems interested in seeing what the man who could get the better of old Jon Umber in a fistfight and kill Gregor Clegane is made of.
Oh, I'm happy to show her... on and off the battefield?

Want to spar?

I don't go all out and crush her, instead I fight hard enough that I'm not humoring her, but not enough to simply bitch smack her. Basically I want a good entertaining match for us both.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

After lets see what the lady wants to do.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:47 am

Brian Boru wrote:

He continues to blubber about how's he's missed you and how you've been?
"I've been well, and I've been quite successfull in my endeavors."

Then he demands that you and the rest of your part come with him to the Keep.  He's going to have you as his personal guest.
I give in, no point in even trying to disagree.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:59 am

Psyckosama wrote:I don't bring it up again.
Right

"All I ask is you try."
Try being the keyword here.

"It's a twin thing," I clarify.

By the Gods, just because I love my sister dearly doesn't mean I'm a fucking pervert who fucks his sister. >_<

Fucking Lannisters. Make all of us look bad.
You see them visibly sag in relief.

Oh, I'm happy to show her... on and off the battefield?

Want to spar?
YES!

I don't go all out and crush her, instead I fight hard enough that I'm not humoring her, but not enough to simply bitch smack her. Basically I want a good entertaining match for us both.

After lets see what the lady wants to do.
The spar goes well, while you could utterly wipe the floor with her, she's far from any slouch and she's good, easily one of the best you've seen in a while. Her long arms and slender build hiding a speed and strength that makes her mace almost invisible to the eye at times.

At the end of it she's panting and flushed but very pleased with herself.

As for something else....well there's always walrus hunting.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:Try being the keyword here.
Yep. Which probably is a step beyond what they'd normally do.

You see them visibly sag in relief.
"Ugh."

I face palm.

YES!
Hm. Seems a little reluctant... Wink

J/K

The spar goes well, while you could utterly wipe the floor with her, she's far from any slouch and she's good, easily one of the best you've seen in a while.  Her long arms and slender build hiding a speed and strength that makes her mace almost invisible to the eye at times.  
I'm honest with her. "There's very few men I've fought who could stand up to you in a fair fight. Why against my master, who is a fine warrior and one of the greatest teachers in the lands, if I don't say so myself, I'd say a match between you would be a roll of the dice. Truly you prove that the fairer sex does not mean the weaker..." I grin, "Just the more pleasant to look at."

At the end of it she's panting and flushed but very pleased with herself.
I do give her a bit of a critique from what I've been able to pic up and will ask Ser Martyn if he'd give her some pointers to help her improve.

As for something else....well there's always walrus hunting.
"Lets go!"

I'm assuming harpoons.

If I get a chance to punch one unconscious, I'm taking it! Very Happy

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:44 am

Brian Boru wrote:His strike is perfect, you can feel yourself about to fall clean off your horse.  But you have ONE chance to grab the reigns and pull yourself back onto the horse.  Roll a d10 for that.
Damn. Even when I though I was ready. His rep is well deserved.

Roll below. (and it'll probably be horrible)
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:44 am

'd10' : 1

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:37 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"I've been well, and I've been quite successfull in my endeavors."
That's good that's very good lad.

I give in, no point in even trying to disagree.
You're immediately swept into the royal party, Robert insists that you ride along side him, he continues to drink from a skin while he asks what you have done since he left to fight against Aerys.

Psyckosama wrote:Yep. Which probably is a step beyond what they'd normally do.
True

"Ugh."

I face palm.
The Lanniesters have RUINED the image of the male and female twin...FOREVER AND EVER!!! Prepare to deal with this bull with EVERYONE FUCKER!

Heh

I'm honest with her. "There's very few men I've fought who could stand up to you in a fair fight. Why against my master, who is a fine warrior and one of the greatest teachers in the lands, if I don't say so myself, I'd say a match between you would be a roll of the dice. Truly you prove that the fairer sex does not mean the weaker..." I grin, "Just the more pleasant to look at."
She actually flushes a bit while she smiles and thanks you for the complement.

I do give her a bit of a critique from what I've been able to pic up and will ask Ser Martyn if he'd give her some pointers to help her improve.
She accepts and he'd be glad to.

"Lets go!"

I'm assuming harpoons.

If I get a chance to punch one unconscious, I'm taking it! Very Happy
Yes harpoons.

Roll 3d10

Rieverre wrote:Damn. Even when I though I was ready. His rep is well deserved.

Roll below. (and it'll probably be horrible)

Actually your save is done with such skill agility and brilliance it'd make a Dothraki cry in shame at being outdone. Nearly the entire crowd roars out in cheer at your horsemanship.

You were knocked backwards out of your seat your butt is past the horse's tail. But at the last second your arm shoots out grabs the back of your saddle and with one arm you wrench yourself back into your seat perfect as if you were never hit with one swift, fluid, and perfectly natural wrench of your arm.

The entire stands are howling in awe and amazement at the trick, the king roaring louder than any other. The queen is seething.

As the two of you ride back to your spots, old Semly claps you on the shoulder and says, "Excellent horsemanship lad."

You both get a lance in hand and now you ride down the lists again.

Roll a d10.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:42 am

Brian Boru wrote:
The Lanniesters have RUINED the image of the male and female twin...FOREVER AND EVER!!!  Prepare to deal with this bull with EVERYONE FUCKER!
Ugh. Hopefully we can redeem the image.

Heh

She actually flushes a bit while she smiles and thanks you for the complement.
"It's only the truth from where I stand."

She accepts and he'd be glad to.
So, how does it work?

After all, hopefully this girl is going to be my sister's aid/bodyguard.

Yes harpoons.  

Roll 3d10
Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:48 am

Psyckosama wrote:Ugh. Hopefully we can redeem the image.
Give it a few years ... and prays she'd married and a ways away from you regularly...

"It's only the truth from where I stand."
Another thanks...

So, how does it work?
Quite well, the man knows how to instruct and she's good at learning what he has to offer.

After all, hopefully this girl is going to be my sister's aid/bodyguard.
Hell's yes she is.

You manage to find them easily enough, in an area where you can get the jump on them.

There are five of them, one of them a huge old bull walrus.

They're all fast asleep and stuffed on clams, you think you could walk down and yank on their whiskers before they'd respond.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:Give it a few years ... and prays she'd married and a ways away from you regularly...
Though I'd loathe to not be able to see her.

Another thanks...
Dashing smile.

Quite well, the man knows how to instruct and she's good at learning what he has to offer.
Wonderful.

You know, I had a thought for him. Maybe he should start a school. I'd happily fund on in Dragonstone. One where students from across westeros will come to learn from one of the greatest teachers in the land...

Hell's yes she is.
Great. Means we'll probably see a lot of each other too.

You manage to find them easily enough, in an area where you can get the jump on them.
Girls got skills.

There are five of them, one of them a huge old bull walrus.
I think I have my target...

They're all fast asleep and stuffed on clams, you think you could walk down and yank on their whiskers before they'd respond.
Now this just ain't fair. It's one thing to get the drop on your prey, its another to kill them before they're awake. It's unsporting and I'd go so far as to say, dishonorable. Sure, if you're hunting for food anything goes... but for sport? It's like knifing a man in bed, just for the hell of it... one step removed from murder.

What does she think about us waking them up?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:Though I'd loathe to not be able to see her.
That to.

Dashing smile.
And a demure smile.

You know, I had a thought for him. Maybe he should start a school. I'd happily fund on in Dragonstone. One where students from across westeros will come to learn from one of the greatest teachers in the land...
Now there's a thought.

Great. Means we'll probably see a lot of each other too.
Heh

Girls got skills.
Yup

I think I have my target...
Alright.

Now this just ain't fair. It's one thing to get the drop on your prey, its another to kill them before they're awake. It's unsporting and I'd go so far as to say, dishonorable. Sure, if you're hunting for food anything goes... but for sport? It's like knifing a man in bed, just for the hell of it... one step removed from murder.

What does she think about us waking them up?
She's a bit surprised...and impressed...she hands you a hunting horn. If you blow on it, it wakes the critters right up and they begin blopping towards the water.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next