Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

+2
Psyckosama
Brian Boru
6 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 3 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:42 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 73

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus! - Page 3 Empty Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Not worth the effort..."
"And why not?" I ask mocking.

It is a fun night.
Yep. I enjoy the company.

They glare a bit.
"It's that youthful metabolism."

The fight is over in less than a minute.  The kid never managed to get a hit on you and you all but twisted him into a pretzel...one that will eventually twist out and leave him still able to fight...but not for a long while.
"And let this be a lesson to you... because if I had wanted to kill you this fight would have lasted seconds. It's HARDER to keep people alive in battle."

The others who watched this duel stare in amazement.
"What is everybody looking at?"

The next day the  castle is all abuzz, most of the knights are heading out to go to the tournament in King's Landing.  You and your master are heading with them, so are Lyn Corbray and Mychel Redfort.  When Mya learns that both of you are leaving, she seems a bit apprehensive about being left alone.  If you ask her to come along then she willingly comes.  It takes only a little more convincing for Martyn to agree to it.
I do ask her. But I ask her to watch herself. We're entering the wolf's den.

And so you head out from the Eyrie to the Bloody Gate, then the King's Road, then King's Landing.

Roll a d100.
Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Aceraptor wrote:Oh certainly. I wouldn't put it past her. Nor 90% of the other snakes in that snake pit.
Oh very true.

"Well sir, I found it in the armory, collecting dust. I believe that it is a shame that such a good weapon is left collecting dust instead of being used. And... well sir. When I held it, it just felt right, I don't know how to describe it precisely. But I believe I can use it proficiently."
"...Just be careful with that lad.  Some might take offense of a bastard holding a king's weapon even IF he's said king's bastard."

And indeed some DO seem to take offense.

Rieverre wrote:Well, I'll be on my guard, then, and make sure I've strung my bow before heading off. I have enough spares packed to be able to afford some wear on one string.
Smart move.

You ride further up the trail, in the general direction that the villagers said the Black Ears went.  Then as you turn around a bend, "Arm yourselves," a low voice calls out.  

As you do the surrounding high ground erupts with the black ear raiders howling down on you from the hillsides.  Necklaces of shriveled ears around the necks of each and every one of them.  You've managed to arm yourselves but they have the highground.

Psyckosama wrote:"And why not?" I ask mocking.
"Because beating you within an inch of your life will be much more rewarding."  Then he stalks off.

"It's that youthful metabolism."
GLARE

"And let this be a lesson to you... because if I had wanted to kill you this fight would have lasted seconds. It's HARDER to keep people alive in battle."
"....hhuuurrrnnnnggggghhhhkkkk...."

"What is everybody looking at?"
"Where have you been HIDING THIS?!"

I do ask her. But I ask  her to watch herself. We're entering the wolf's den.
She's interested, she's never been to King's Landing before and she'd like to see the big Red Keep just once.  She promises to be careful.

The ride through the Mountains of the Moon goes well, even exceptionally.  You even manage to shoot down a Shadow cat on the ride and you win the hide.  Do you make a cloak out of it?  It's a prime example of martial prowess though some might consider it primitive.

Roll another d100 for how the ride through the riverlands to the edge of the Crownlands.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Brian Boru wrote:You ride further up the trail, in the general direction that the villagers said the Black Ears went.  Then as you turn around a bend, "Arm yourselves," a low voice calls out.  

As you do the surrounding high ground erupts with the black ear raiders howling down on you from the hillsides.  Necklaces of shriveled ears around the necks of each and every one of them.  You've managed to arm yourselves but they have the highground.
I glance at the front ranks of the attackers, even as my hands put arrow to string and begin to draw back.

The tribes aren't exactly disciplined - like a pack of wild beasts, they'll come at us, hungry for blood and trophies. It's good that I packed my hunting bow, then - the thought flits through my mind momentarily before I banish it and aim for the one at the front of the pack, with the most trophies/the one looking the most imposing or important, in other words.

I'll loose the first arrow, then slip my feet from the stirrups and dismount, draw another arrow, and repeat until they're too close to engage this way. Then abandon the bow and join the fray.

This is _exactly_ why I have a buckler and what's essentially a weighted truncheon as weapons of choice. Easy to simply yank into my hands from where they're on my belt and get to using them, no pesky edges to worry about.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Because beating you within an inch of your life will be much more rewarding."  Then he stalks off.
"I've got a full foot on you and if we dropped trousers I'm sure I'm twice your size. You're just a glutton for punishment. Gods... I should do your house a favor and render you sterile that you may not pollute future generations"

I really hope he insults my father... It would be so good to have him told who my father IS!

"....hhuuurrrnnnnggggghhhhkkkk...."
"So about that sterility. Do I or don't I finish the fight with a swift blow to the goolies? I mean, technically you're still conscious..."

"Where have you been HIDING THIS?!"
"Hiding? Well, I just decided its time to stop being polite and start going all out... nobody's ever tried to kill me before, and most people have the good sense not to disregard my sister's honor to my face..."

She's interested, she's never been to King's Landing before and she'd like to see the big Red Keep just once.  She promises to be careful.
"I've heard things about the queen. I'm worried she might try something. Then I'd have to avenge you and things would be messy for everyone."

The ride through the Mountains of the Moon goes well, even exceptionally.  You even manage to shoot down a Shadow cat on the ride and you win the hide.  Do you make a cloak out of it?  It's a prime example of martial prowess though some might consider it primitive.
Oh fuck yes. Though I make sure its tastefully done.

Roll another d100 for how the ride through the riverlands to the edge of the Crownlands.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:09 am

Rieverre wrote:I glance at the front ranks of the attackers, even as my hands put arrow to string and begin to draw back.

The tribes aren't exactly disciplined - like a pack of wild beasts, they'll come at us, hungry for blood and trophies. It's good that I packed my hunting bow, then - the thought flits through my mind momentarily before I banish it and aim for the one at the front of the pack, with the most trophies/the one looking the most imposing or important, in other words.

I'll loose the first arrow, then slip my feet from the stirrups and dismount, draw another arrow, and repeat until they're too close to engage this way. Then abandon the bow and join the fray.

This is _exactly_ why I have a buckler and what's essentially a weighted truncheon as weapons of choice. Easy to simply yank into my hands from where they're on my belt and get to using them, no pesky edges to worry about.
You knock down the first man, and the second, and the third, and almost the fourth though HE happened to have a shield he is left howling in pain though. After him you're forced to pull out your melee weapons you begin going through the bastards like a cyclone going through a toothpick factory. You leave behind a line of broken bodies, shattered skulls, broken bones, the list goes on. As you whirl like a tornado you notice one bigger individual that seems to be the driving force in the group.

Psyckosama wrote:"I've got a full foot on you and if we dropped trousers I'm sure I'm twice your size. You're just a glutton for punishment. Gods... I should do your house a favor and render you sterile that you may not pollute future generations"

I really hope he insults my father... It would be so good to have him told who my father IS!
Being a king's bastard really doesn't make a difference to him, you're still a bastard.

"So about that sterility. Do I or don't I finish the fight with a swift blow to the goolies? I mean, technically you're still conscious..."
"...sorry...very sorry...you and sister....sorry...."

"Hiding? Well, I just decided its time to stop being polite and start going all out... nobody's ever tried to kill me before, and most people have the good sense not to disregard my sister's honor to my face..."
That gets a ton of silent stares, followed by looks to your master.

"I've heard things about the queen. I'm worried she might try something. Then I'd have to avenge you and things would be messy for everyone."
She isn't stupid, she'll keep away from the royal booth or anything foolish like that.

Oh fuck yes. Though I make sure its tastefully done.
It is rather nice, the purple with light gray stripes is VERY distinct.

As you ride through the Riverlands near where a road splits off from the King's Road to circle around God's Eye lake you run into a small band of knights coming from the North, house Goodbrook if the gold shield with the blue diagonal waved line from top left to bottom right many of the men have on their shields is any sign. When they learn you're name is Stone, some of them get a little...pissy, especially when one of them notices the black stag on your hammer and then notices your black hair, blue eyes, and size. "Hey now, what's a bastard doing with a Baratheon weapon out in the open like that? Trying to be the next Daemon Blackfyre boy. From your barely remembered lessons you got on heraldry when you became a squire, house Goodbrook was one of the Riverland houses that sided with Aerys during the war and suffered for it...so they're inclined to be pissy about it.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:Oh very true.
Yup.

"...Just be careful with that lad.  Some might take offense of a bastard holding a king's weapon even IF he's said king's bastard."
I frown abit then grimace. "Aye my lord. I can see how some could see it. I will be careful sir. I will treat it with the respect it deserves. Though I doubt many of the detractors would be satisfied with that."

And indeed some DO seem to take offense.
Well, let them. If they wish to challenge me to a duel, I will oblige it if my master approves, after all, this *is* right before a possible fight against the hill men. But if some need to have sense beaten into them, so be it.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:Being a king's bastard really doesn't make a difference to him, you're still a bastard.
Bah. No fun.

"...sorry...very sorry...you and sister....sorry...."
"Did you just say my sister and I are very sorry?"

That gets a ton of silent stares, followed by looks to your master.
"What?"

She isn't stupid, she'll keep away from the royal booth or anything foolish like that.
It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you!

It is rather nice, the purple with light gray stripes is VERY distinct.
Dashing I hope! Very Happy

As you ride through the Riverlands near where a road splits off from the King's Road to circle around God's Eye lake you run into a small band of knights coming from the North, house Goodbrook if the gold shield with the blue diagonal waved line from top left to bottom right many of the men have on their shields is any sign.  When they learn you're name is Stone, some of them get a little...pissy, especially when one of them notices the black stag on your hammer and then notices your black hair, blue eyes, and size.  "Hey now, what's a bastard doing with a Baratheon weapon out in the open like that?  Trying to be the next Daemon Blackfyre boy.  From your barely remembered lessons you got on heraldry when you became a squire, house Goodbrook was one of the Riverland houses that sided with Aerys during the war and suffered for it...so they're inclined to be pissy about it.
"Are you angry that that I'm a bastard with a Stag's hammer or are you resentful that it's not a dragon and I'm not a white hared ninny?"

OOC Dude, for the record I really wouldn't be wearing it that open. For the torny I was planning on wrapping it in leather. Plus I have a face concealing helmet.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:55 am

Aceraptor wrote:I frown abit then grimace. "Aye my lord. I can see how some could see it. I will be careful sir. I will treat it with the respect it deserves. Though I doubt many of the detractors would be satisfied with that."
"See that you do lad."

Well, let them. If they wish to challenge me to a duel, I will oblige it if my master approves, after all, this *is* right before a possible fight against the hill men. But if some need to have sense beaten into them, so be it.
One dumb hedge knight DOES challenge you, he says something about selling it back to the king as he pulls out his sword and shield for a duel.

Your master says, "Just don't kill or cripple him."

Psyckosama wrote:Bah. No fun.
He's a shit stain that fails to properly live up to his kin...

"Did you just say my sister and I are very sorry?"
"...NOOOOooooo....me sorryy....sorry...insult....me sorry for insults...."

"What?"
"How long have you been able to do that and when did HE teach you?"

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you!
True

Dashing I hope! Very Happy
Quite, a distinct cloak for you to ride on into the city in.

"Are you angry that that I'm a bastard with a Stag's hammer or are you resentful that it's not a dragon and I'm not a white hared ninny?"
Hate bastards in general and Daemon is the reason why. And you're likely of Baratheon blood. Hate doesn't have to make sense. One of the knights snarls and looks ready to make a fight of it. You're on the road and there isn't anyone or anything else for miles besides your two groups.

OOC Dude, for the record I really wouldn't be wearing it that open. For the torny I was planning on wrapping it in leather. Plus I have a face concealing helmet.
Just low enough for the thing to fall out of it's bindings then, but I'll take note of that in the future.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:
"See that you do lad."
I bow respectfully to him, giving him my acknowledgement, as well as my thanks for approving of my use of this great weapon.

One dumb hedge knight DOES challenge you, he says something about selling it back to the king as he pulls out his sword and shield for a duel.
Well. There was at least one idiot bound to try it. Might as well get it out of the way.

Your master says, "Just don't kill or cripple him."
"Aye my lord. He'll have his lumps, but I will not cripple or him him sir."

With that, time to lay a beatdown on the idiot. That being said, I'm confident, but better to not underestimate the opponent. Being mindful of not killing him or shattering his bones or some other crippling wounds, I'll lay into him. Seeking to disarm him by shattering his sword and shield, then tapping him on the head to knock him out or making him yield.

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:You knock down the first man, and the second, and the third, and almost the fourth though HE happened to have a shield he is left howling in pain though.  After him you're forced to pull out your melee weapons you begin going through the bastards like a cyclone going through a toothpick factory.  You leave behind a line of broken bodies, shattered skulls, broken bones, the list goes on.  As you whirl like a tornado you notice one bigger individual that seems to be the driving force in the group.
Well, I was sort of intending to take him out first with a well-places arrow, but the thing about about plans and enemies comes to mind.

I bull-rush the clansman immediately in-front of me, stunning him with a truncheon-clenching mailed fist to the face and shoving his body into one of the other wilders ... then use space so created to advance towards their leader. Repeat as necessary. I don't bother shouting, making any declarations, or wasting my breath.

When I get to him I dismantle him in the most efficient way I can come up with at the moment, using truncheon, shield, boot, fist and elbow as necessary. He wouldn't be leading this mess if he was not able to stand against attempts at usurpation, so I'm not faffing about here.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Brian Boru wrote:He's a shit stain that fails to properly live up to his kin...
Very true.

"...NOOOOooooo....me sorryy....sorry...insult....me sorry for insults...."
"No, you're just sorry. Pathetic. Let this be a lesson to you and maybe you might end up as something other than a disgrace of a knight... and if you have any bastards they best be recognized by the time I get back lest I ensure they're you're only offspring." I pause, "And there better not be any more of them."

"How long have you been able to do that and when did HE teach you?"
"Well, I'd say its that perfect mix of exceptional teacher and exceptional student..."

True
Very much.

Quite, a distinct cloak for you to ride on into the city in.
Awesome.

Hate bastards in general and Daemon is the reason why.  And you're likely of Baratheon blood.  Hate doesn't have to make sense.  One of the knights snarls and looks ready to make a fight of it.  You're on the road and there isn't anyone or anything else for miles besides your two groups.
You do realize I was implying they'd probably bend at the knee for any Tangaryan bastard who walked down the road, right... Wink

How big is this guy? If he's about my size, I size up his armor. If it looks like it would fit me well enough to use...

Then I mutter to my master, only loud enough for him to hear. "Should I try and challenge him to a duel for his armor?"

Just low enough for the thing to fall out of it's bindings then, but I'll take note of that in the future.[/quote]Right. Fair enough.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:27 am

Aceraptor wrote:I bow respectfully to him, giving him my acknowledgement, as well as my thanks for approving of my use of this great weapon.
He seems to accept that.

Well. There was at least one idiot bound to try it. Might as well get it out of the way.

"Aye my lord. He'll have his lumps, but I will not cripple or him him sir."

With that, time to lay a beatdown on the idiot. That being said, I'm confident, but better to not underestimate the opponent. Being mindful of not killing him or shattering his bones or some other crippling wounds, I'll lay into him. Seeking to disarm him by shattering his sword and shield, then tapping him on the head to knock him out or making him yield.
You completely maul him. While he'll be walking eventually...that might be a long while from now...a LONG while.

The other knights and their squires stare at you in amazement.

Rieverre wrote:Well, I was sort of intending to take him out first with a well-places arrow, but the thing about about plans and enemies comes to mind.
More you didn't manage to spot him until now.

I bull-rush the clansman immediately in-front of me, stunning him with a truncheon-clenching mailed fist to the face and shoving his body into one of the other wilders ... then use space so created to advance towards their leader. Repeat as necessary. I don't bother shouting, making any declarations, or wasting my breath.
You smash several more Hill Tribesmen as you make your way towards him, but to your frustration, he seems to notice your ploy and calls for the black ears to fall back. They do like mist under a high noon sun. Many hopping onto small horses you hadn't notice until now but scamper into the mountains along tracks that you KNOW would shatter your horses' legs if they even thought about following. All in all there are about 5 knights dead and another 10 with either bleeding heads or missing ears. Around you are 24 dead or dying, you helped put 11 of them down during your melee and your shooting. Many of the other men with you look highly impressed with your work.

Psyckosama wrote:"No, you're just sorry. Pathetic. Let this be a lesson to you and maybe you might end up as something other than a disgrace of a knight... and if you have any bastards they best be recognized by the time I get back lest I ensure they're you're only offspring." I pause, "And there better not be any more of them."
"yes....understood..." then he's out like a light, not dead but unconscious.

"Well, I'd say its that perfect mix of exceptional teacher and exceptional student..."
"Make it sound so easy..."

[quote]You do realize I was implying they'd probably bend at the knee for any Tangaryan bastard who walked down the road, right... Wink

How big is this guy? If he's about my size, I size up his armor. If it looks like it would fit me well enough to use...

Then I mutter to my master, only loud enough for him to hear. "Should I try and challenge him to a duel for his armor?"[quote]

He's actually a hair shorter than you and even though he's a grown man, you're just as broad as he is....scary how big you're going to get huh? His armor IS mostly plate, though not HIGH quality plate. But plate nonetheless.

He looks at you funny for a moment, then seems to get the idea and says, "You can try though you'd have to offer something of equal value for the wager."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:"yes....understood..."  then he's out like a light, not dead but unconscious.
"Bah. Pussy."

"Make it sound so easy..."
"It's all the luck of the draw."

He's actually a hair shorter than you and even though he's a grown man, you're just as broad as he is....scary how big you're going to get huh?  His armor IS mostly plate, though not HIGH quality plate.  But plate nonetheless.

He looks at you funny for a moment, then seems to get the idea and says, "You can try though you'd have to offer something of equal value for the wager."
"Throw in the horse and I'll wager the hammer... after all, its a King's weapon and would net you massive bragging rights."

I beat the stupid out of him. Aggressive as possible, give him no chance to go on the defensive. Hell, I don't even use a shield, instead I duel wield a bastard sword and a huge fucking Warhammer.

My idea is to smash his defenses with the hammer then follow up by disarming him with the sword. I don't want this to be lethal, but I want it to be short.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:35 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Bah. Pussy."
Heh

"It's all the luck of the draw."
Indeed

"Throw in the horse and I'll wager the hammer... after all, its a King's weapon and would net you massive bragging rights."
That seems to convince him. He wops around a bastard and get a hammer worth a fortune. "Done."

I beat the stupid out of him. Aggressive as possible, give him no chance to go on the defensive. Hell, I don't even use a shield, instead I duel wield a bastard sword and a huge fucking Warhammer.

My idea is to smash his defenses with the hammer then follow up by disarming him with the sword. I don't want this to be lethal, but I want it to be short.
The fight goes about as well as you expect. A battered, bloody and bruised body layed out on the ground. When you make a move for the man's horse, his comrades seem to take offense, they draw arms and demand that you leave...now...without taking your prize.

The members of your group seem a hair piqued at someone jerking away what they see as a rightfully won reward.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:That seems to convince him.  He wops around a bastard and get a hammer worth a fortune.  "Done."
"Oh this is going to be sweet."

The fight goes about as well as you expect.  A battered, bloody and bruised body layed out on the ground.  When you make a move for the man's horse, his comrades seem to take offense, they draw arms and demand that you leave...now...without taking your prize.

The members of your group seem a hair piqued at someone jerking away what they see as a rightfully won reward.
I look at them. "Alright. Let me make this very clear. Until now I've been polite, but his armor and his horse now belong to me as per the conditions of our wager. Now, in Robert's Kingdom there is a word for a group of armed men who seek to do a traveler harm and deny him his rightful property. The word is bandit. We all know the fate of bandits."

"Now... Ever heard of the Burned Men? They're the biggest baddest sons of bitches in the mountains. They're not the breed of weeping cunted girly bandits you lowlanders like to run from. They make the Iron-man raiders look like a band of angry squires in savagery and brutality. During my first battle I killed 14 Burned Men, including their leader... and there's only ten of you. Now, I want you to ask yourself if this is worth your lives, because I'd have no problem enforcing the king's law on you ignorant fools."

I look at the man on the ground. "Do you want your friend to die today because you made a foolish bet?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Oh this is going to be sweet."
Heh heh

I look at them. "Alright. Let me make this very clear. Until now I've been polite, but his armor and his horse now belong to me as per the conditions of our wager. Now, in Robert's Kingdom there is a word for a group of armed men who seek to do a traveler harm and deny him his rightful property. The word is bandit. We all know the fate of bandits."
Their dander is raised as the implied insult.

"Now... Ever heard of the Burned Men? They're the biggest baddest sons of bitches in the mountains. They're not the breed of weeping cunted girly bandits you lowlanders like to run from. They make the Iron-man raiders look like a band of angry squires in savagery and brutality. During my first battle I killed 14 Burned Men, including their leader... and there's only ten of you. Now, I want you to ask yourself if this is worth your lives, because I'd have no problem enforcing the king's law on you ignorant fools."
It seems to be less your words and more your aggression and raw size that seems to get through to them. They look among each other before one of them sighs and says, "I won't get myself killed or kill another man, just because Yoren was too stupid to fight a bastard and win... Just take your prize...and go...now..."

I look at the man on the ground. "Do you want your friend to die today because you made a foolish bet?"
The man seems to have a stronger constitution than most others you've fought, because he eventually manages to pull himself together enough to hand you his arms and armor as well as his horse, then he collapses into their supply wagon and they trundle off away from you as quickly as possible.

You've won a full set of proper jousting armor as well as a horse that can ride in the lists and hope to survive. Not a bad afternoon overall.

Roll a d100 for the last leg of the journey before King's Landing.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Heh heh
And it is so very sweet indeed.

Their dander is raised as the implied insult.
Implied?

It seems to be less your words and more your aggression and raw size that seems to get through to them.  They look among each other before one of them sighs and says, "I won't get myself killed or kill another man, just because Yoren was too stupid to fight a bastard and win...  Just take your prize...and go...now..."
"That's the idea."

The man seems to have a stronger constitution than most others you've fought, because he eventually manages to pull himself together enough to hand you his arms and armor as well as his horse, then he collapses into their supply wagon and they trundle off away from you as quickly as possible.
I'm actually honorable enough to help him stand if he needs it. No reason to be rude.

You've won a full set of proper jousting armor as well as a horse that can ride in the lists and hope to survive.  Not a bad afternoon overall.
"Tis been a fine day wouldn't you agree?"

Directed at my master, sister, and Mychel

Roll a d100 for the last leg of the journey before King's Landing.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:And it is so very sweet indeed.
It's nice when you win.

"That's the idea."
"Good day to you then!"

I'm actually honorable enough to help him stand if he needs it. No reason to be rude.
He actually seems touched...you think...the battered face doesn't lend much to visible emotions....

"Tis been a fine day wouldn't you agree?"

Directed at my master, sister, and Mychel
They nod in amazement, you're master wonder what the hell he taught you to make you this damn good and why didn't he pick up on his own lesson!

As you ride through the crownlands, you find yourselves riding with larger and larger groups of knights and lords from everywhere in the seven kingdoms come to compete in the tourney. Roughly five days out from King's Landing, a brawl suddenyly sparks between a group of Reach men and Stormlanders, something about the Siege of Storm's End you think. No weapons have been drawn but fists, some mailed and some not are flying everywhere as 60 Reach men rumble with 50 or so Stormlanders with you're little group of Valemen caught in the center.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:
It's nice when you win.
Indeed.

"Good day to you then!"
"And you."

He actually seems touched...you think...the battered face doesn't lend much to visible emotions....
Heh.

Never hurts to be polite.

They nod in amazement, you're master wonder what the hell he taught you to make you this damn good and why didn't he pick up on his own lesson!
Blood runs true I guess... combine that with a good teacher, and well...

As you ride through the crownlands, you find yourselves riding with larger and larger groups of knights and lords from everywhere in the seven kingdoms come to compete in the tourney.  Roughly five days out from King's Landing, a brawl suddenyly sparks between a group of Reach men and Stormlanders, something about the Siege of Storm's End you think.  No weapons have been drawn but fists, some mailed and some not are flying everywhere as 60 Reach men rumble with 50 or so Stormlanders with you're little group of Valemen caught in the center.
I work to make a path. Though I am MUCH harder on the Reachmen than the Stormlanders.

"Aye! Make way! Not all of us are involved in your rivalries! There are women present you bloody arses!"

And by work to make a path I mean beat the shit out of everyone in my way.

Once my sister and the women are clear, I dive back in and beat the hell out of the Reachmen.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:He seems to accept that.
Good.

You completely maul him.  While he'll be walking eventually...that might be a long while from now...a LONG while.
Well, I guess I went abit overboard with him... though I guess this should deter most from trying to challenge me.

The other knights and their squires stare at you in amazement.
I bow to my master with the end of the duel, showing him his due as the one whom taught me how to fight. I'll remain a humble squire, as I am not one for pride. This had to be done to make a point. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyways, I'll make sure my opponent is well taken care of, this was a duel, not a battle, I'd rather he recover fully and fight real enemies then be a cripple or lay in bed for a extended period of time.

After that... well, I guess its time to head out?

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:02 am

Psyckosama wrote:Blood runs true I guess... combine that with a good teacher, and well...
Only way he can explain it though he's pretty sure even Robert wasn't THAT good at that age.

I work to make a path. Though I am MUCH harder on the Reachmen than the Stormlanders.

"Aye! Make way! Not all of us are involved in your rivalries! There are women present you bloody arses!"

And by work to make a path I mean beat the shit out of everyone in my way.

Once my sister and the women are clear, I dive back in and beat the hell out of the Reachmen.
You manage to punch a way clear for the women of the group, more than a few Reachmen troopers groaning in pain.

Once you get the girls through you turn right around and hurl yourself into the fray, your fists soon take their toll on the men of the Reach and soon you and the Stormlanders manage to route or beat insensate the Reachmen and drive them from the field. The Stormlanders roar in approval and clap you on the shoulder, you realize now that these men had the green sea turtles of house Eastermont, the house Robert's mother was from. When the helm of the knight leading the part is raised, you see a tall young man, though older than you and thick brown eyebrows. "You have my thanks Ser, if there is anything http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Alyn_Estermont can do for you then do not hesitate to ask."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:08 am

Brian Boru wrote:Only way he can explain it though he's pretty sure even Robert wasn't THAT good at that age.
Who knows?

You manage to punch a way clear for the women of the group, more than a few Reachmen troopers groaning in pain.  
YeaH!

Once you get the girls through you turn right around and hurl yourself into the fray, your fists soon take their toll on the men of the Reach and soon you and the Stormlanders manage to route or beat insensate the Reachmen and drive them from the field.  The Stormlanders roar in approval and clap you on the shoulder, you realize now that these men had the green sea turtles of house Eastermont, the house Robert's mother was from.  When the helm of the knight leading the part is raised, you see a tall young man, though older than you and thick brown eyebrows.  "You have my thanks Ser, if there is anything http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Alyn_Estermont can do for you then do not hesitate to ask."
"May I take you up on the offer at a later date, m'lord?" I reply intentionally speaking in a muffled voice, "As for the moment any autonomy is my most valuable prize. It is hard to enter the Tourney as a mystery knight if there's no mystery after all."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:You smash several more Hill Tribesmen as you make your way towards him, but to your frustration, he seems to notice your ploy and calls for the black ears to fall back.  They do like mist under a high noon sun.  Many hopping onto small horses you hadn't notice until now but scamper into the mountains along tracks that you KNOW would shatter your horses' legs if they even thought about following.  All in all there are about 5 knights dead and another 10 with either bleeding heads or missing ears.  Around you are 24 dead or dying, you helped put 11 of them down during your melee and your shooting.  Many of the other men with you look highly impressed with your work.
By the numbers, we've won ... by and other measure, no, not really. My eyes narrow and my fists clench as I glare at the retreating tribesmen.

This will be trouble, if it isn't already. A leader who knows when to withdraw, with a band that actually follows and obeys such an order?

I go around looking for the wounded tribals who still appear somewhat sensate, and round them up if there are any. Then ask the hedge-knights - particularly that one who was instrumental in tracking the band down - about the immediate area and terrain. While the wounded knights are seen to, I'm going to interrogate the tribals as to where their hidey hole or camp is. And by interrogate ... well, they have that ear obsession. I'll say that it's a terrible hereafter, if you go dishonored and not 'whole', then tap a knife-edge on the fingers of one of them, then the ears, then the nose ...

Depending on how this goes (again, if there are any alive and sensate still) I might or might not have to resort to actually cutting things off.

Also, damn, I hope Ser Martyn made it out of this scrap okay. Kinda hope Mychal did too. Actually, how many of our force are left, in general?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:49 am

Aceraptor wrote:Well, I guess I went abit overboard with him... though I guess this should deter most from trying to challenge me.
Indeed.

I bow to my master with the end of the duel, showing him his due as the one whom taught me how to fight. I'll remain a humble squire, as I am not one for pride. This had to be done to make a point. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyways, I'll make sure my opponent is well taken care of, this was a duel, not a battle, I'd rather he recover fully and fight real enemies then be a cripple or lay in bed for a extended period of time.

After that... well, I guess its time to head out?
After you're mauling of the hedge knight, none of the others seem willing to protest you wielding that hammer, with a shrug the leader of the group, Lyn Corbray, has you ride out. You head out from the gates of the moon and onward towards the mountains.

Roll a d100

Psyckosama wrote:Who knows?
Heh

"May I take you up on the offer at a later date, m'lord?" I reply intentionally speaking in a muffled voice, "As for the moment any autonomy is my most valuable prize. It is hard to enter the Tourney as a mystery knight if there's no mystery after all."
He's silent for a while, looking you over, then he laughs and says, "Far be it from me to deny a warrior's request. Very well then, I'll keep your identity a secret, even to myself. But should you need anything just look for the green sea turtle of Eastermont."

With that he returns to his companions and your group heads on.

A few days later you finally reach King's Landing, the city on the hills, the place where Aegon the conqueror, with his sisters and their three dragons first arrived in Westeros and then proceeded to conquer the seven kingdoms....expect for Dorne.

Hundreds of knights and thousands of men and women of other rankings have come to compete in the tourney in honor of Crown Prince Joffery's Nameday.

You spot the sigils of many of the noble houses of Westeros ranging from the Crowned Skull of house Manwoody of Dorne to...your surprise, the Sigil of house Umber of the North...then a slight flip goes through your stomach, the three black dogs on yellow of house Clegane. It seems that Gregor is competing here as well....

Once your group sets up camp, you have around a day before the first round of the knight's jousting tournament begins. You still have the silver you earned for battling the Hill Tribes, what do you wish to do with yourself?

Rieverre wrote:By the numbers, we've won ... by and other measure, no, not really. My eyes narrow and my fists clench as I glare at the retreating tribesmen.

This will be trouble, if it isn't already. A leader who knows when to withdraw, with a band that actually follows and obeys such an order?

I go around looking for the wounded tribals who still appear somewhat sensate, and round them up if there are any. Then ask the hedge-knights - particularly that one who was instrumental in tracking the band down - about the immediate area and terrain. While the wounded knights are seen to, I'm going to interrogate the tribals as to where their hidey hole or camp is. And by interrogate ... well, they have that ear obsession. I'll say that it's a terrible hereafter, if you go dishonored and not 'whole', then tap a knife-edge on the fingers of one of them, then the ears, then the nose ...

Depending on how this goes (again, if there are any alive and sensate still) I might or might not have to resort to actually cutting things off.

Also, damn, I hope Ser Martyn made it out of this scrap okay. Kinda hope Mychal did too. Actually, how many of our force are left, in general?
Amazing both came out alright though Martyn's armor's more than a little roughened up. Mychel is well also but he's a bit shell-shocked by his first bloody fight. They and everyone present are amazed at how well you fought today a fourteen year old boy shouldn't be THIS good, especially in his first fight to the death. All are incredibly impressed. Lyn Corbray seems to be a little contemplative about his sword...before finally shaking his head and mouthing the words (you think) "no not just yet, but close EXTREMELY close."

Then he turns to you and congratulates you on your first battle, that you fought with amazing valor and skill, high praise from one of the best knights in the Vale, and a wielder of a Valyrian Steel sword, an incredible heirloom. He promises to make sure High Steward Nestor Royce will reward you for your efforts in battle.

As for the Hill Tribes men, unfortunately none seem to be answer any questions, either dead or their heads so cracked that nothing coherent is coming of of them. One knight was trying the same thing and got his ear bitten off by a dying man for his trouble.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:He's silent for a while, looking you over, then he laughs and says, "Far be it from me to deny a warrior's request.  Very well then, I'll keep your identity a secret, even to myself.  But should you need anything just look for the green sea turtle of Eastermont."
"I will do so happily my lord. Perhaps we shall we sup after the Torny?"

With that he returns to his companions and your group heads on.
I salute him as he leaves.

A few days later you finally reach King's Landing, the city on the hills, the place where Aegon the conqueror, with his sisters and their three dragons first arrived in Westeros and then proceeded to conquer the seven kingdoms....expect for Dorne.
Dragons are awesome.

I wants one. Have plans to gets one. If I can kidnap a specific white haired lass...

Hundreds of knights and thousands of men and women of other rankings have come to compete in the tourney in honor of Crown Prince Joffery's Nameday.  
I'm going to make this a nameday my 'brother' will never forget.

You spot the sigils of many of the noble houses of Westeros ranging from the Crowned Skull of house Manwoody of Dorne to...your surprise, the Sigil of house Umber of the North...then a slight flip goes through your stomach, the three black dogs on yellow of house Clegane.  It seems that Gregor is competing here as well....
I'm not going to enjoy this.

Though if I face the mountain I hold nothing back because he won't either. I need to take his ass down hard and fast.

Once your group sets up camp, you have around a day before the first round of the knight's jousting tournament begins.  You still have the silver you earned for battling the Hill Tribes, what do you wish to do with yourself?
I want to have my armor blackened and refit it to my body. I also need paint for my shield. I ask my sister and master what I should paint on it. Suggestions?

A golden heart on a black field as a visual pun?

A Shadow Cat against a mountain?

Something else?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Indeed.
Eh, good enough.

After you're mauling of the hedge knight, none of the others seem willing to protest you wielding that hammer,
Heh, I'll bet. I guess I made quite the impression on them with how I trounced that knight.

with a shrug the leader of the group, Lyn Corbray, has you ride out.  You head out from the gates of the moon and onward towards the mountains.

Roll a d100
Well, time to look for the raiders and put them to the sword (or hammer as it were)

Aceraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:07 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 66

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I will do so happily my lord. Perhaps we shall we sup after the Torny?"
"I wish you luck in the lists then."

I salute him as he leaves.
He returns the gesture.

Dragons are awesome.

I wants one. Have plans to gets one. If I can kidnap a specific white haired lass...
...hmmmm....

I'm going to make this a nameday my 'brother' will never forget.
Heh

I'm not going to enjoy this.

Though if I face the mountain I hold nothing back because he won't either. I need to take his ass down hard and fast.
Good luck, the man has years of experience on you.

I want to have my armor blackened and refit it to my body. I also need paint for my shield. I ask my sister and master what I should paint on it. Suggestions?

A golden heart on a black field as a visual pun?

A Shadow Cat against a mountain?

Something else?
Both of them like the Shadow cat idea, the gold heart might draw the undesired kind of attention.

You head to the street of steel in the city proper, you manage to find a decently priced Blacksmith who'll do it for a fair and manageable price. As he works on the metal you notice a shock of black hair over at a blacksmith shop owned by someone named Tobho Mott, something seemed familiar about that hair but you let it go for the moment unless you want to pursue it.

Either way you soon have your armor darkened and your shield is painted. You're ready to ride knight of the ..... what?

Aceraptor wrote:Heh, I'll bet. I guess I made quite the impression on them with how I trounced that knight.
Yes...yes it did....

Well, time to look for the raiders and put them to the sword (or hammer as it were)

As you ride through the mountains, you make your way through a ravine when suddenly arrows, darts, rocks, and other missiles rain down on you from either side. It seems the hill tribes found you. a good 80 of them.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:"I wish you luck in the lists then."
"To you as well friend. May the Warrior guide your blade."

He returns the gesture.
Comradery!

...hmmmm....
Evil plots within plots.

First I need to discredit the Lannister bitch.

Good luck, the man has years of experience on you.
Youth and speed. I have to be faster and aim for the weaknesses every man has.

The problem is I can't cripple him but I also can't hold back.

Both of them like the Shadow cat idea, the gold heart might draw the undesired kind of attention.
Done. It will be a shadow cat.

You head to the street of steel in the city proper, you manage to find a decently priced Blacksmith who'll do it for a fair and manageable price.  As he works on the metal you notice a shock of black hair over at a blacksmith shop owned by someone named Tobho Mott, something seemed familiar about that hair but you let it go for the moment unless you want to pursue it.
I do check it out.

Either way you soon have your armor darkened and your shield is painted.  You're ready to ride knight of the ..... what?
Just call me the Wild Cat of the Mountains

One other thing I do check with Mya. If I win I will either name her Queen of Love and Beauty or our bitch step mother to try and placate her vicious ego which will be rubbed wrong by this.

Her choice. I'd love to name her and give her the honor of standing with me in honor, which would build up her status greatly, but at the same time the Bitch must be placated.

What does my master think?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next