Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Aceraptor on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:As you ride through the mountains, you make your way through a ravine when suddenly arrows, darts, rocks, and other missiles rain down on you from either side.  It seems the hill tribes found you.  a good 80 of them.
Hell, the bastards have a good deal of advantage in terms of terrain. How steep is it to the hillmen? Whats the rest of the friendlies doing? If we are moving to strike at the ambushers and the terrain allows it, we'll have to run up to them and kill them. But if the terrain is too steep, we'll have to rush through the ambush, hopefully without taking too much casualties.

In any case, I'll use my shield to keep from getting pincushioned by arrows or darts, I'll dodge what rocks I can. If possible, and terrain permits, I'll launch a assault on one of the sides, hopefully my armor and shield will help keep me alive until I get in amongst them. If I can get my own rocks I'll see if I can throw them back at the enemy. But in any case, I'll try to go up the slope, hopefully accompanied by some of the knights, if we can get in amongst them, at the very least one side of the ambush will be effectively neutralized.

But, if the order is given to just bull through the ambush, I'll have to follow the order.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:Amazing both came out alright though Martyn's armor's more than a little roughened up.  Mychel is well also but he's a bit shell-shocked by his first bloody fight.  They and everyone present are amazed at how well you fought today a fourteen year old boy shouldn't be THIS good, especially in his first fight to the death.  All are incredibly impressed.  Lyn Corbray seems to be a little contemplative about his sword...before finally shaking his head and mouthing the words (you think) "no not just yet, but close EXTREMELY close."
They're impressed, I'm relieved - looks like I'll need to alter my approach accordingly if whatever ROB dropped me down here also made me a budding supercombatant.

Then he turns to you and congratulates you on your first battle, that you fought with amazing valor and skill, high praise from one of the best knights in the Vale, and a wielder of a Valyrian Steel sword, an incredible heirloom.  He promises to make sure High Steward Nestor Royce will reward you for your efforts in battle.
"My thanks for the praise, Ser Lyn. I cannot help but feel we are not finished here, though. They didn't rout as much as they retreated, and a leader who can make tribals do that is one who we'll no doubt hear of again, sooner rather than later."

As for the Hill Tribes men, unfortunately none seem to be answer any questions, either dead or their heads so cracked that nothing coherent is coming of of them.  One knight was trying the same thing and got his ear bitten off by a dying man for his trouble.
Damn. I should have just broken the arms and legs of one instead of being this direct. Something to consider for any future clash.

Regardless, I'll confer with Ser Martyn, reasoning that while neither ourselves nor the Black Ears band can claim this skirmish to be a decisive victory for one side, they might follow up with a raid on a village or caravan to make up for whatever morale was strained by that retreat. After all, I reason, they didn't take too many trophies here and lost a number of their own. They'll probably strike at least once more before returning to ... well, wherever it is the band returns to, so that they return with the flush of recent victory about them. Are there any settlements within reasonably short riding distance that might be tempting targets?
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:"To you as well friend. May the Warrior guide your blade."
He nods and rides off.

Evil plots within plots.

First I need to discredit the Lannister bitch.
Heh true

Youth and speed. I have to be faster and aim for the weaknesses every man has.

The problem is I can't cripple him but I also can't hold back.
True

Done. It will be a shadow cat.
You'll be announced as such.

I do check it out.
You enter the smithee and you run into a lean older man who introduces himself as Mott, the best smith in all of Westeros. He asks what he could do for Ser knight? Well he does for a moment before he glances over at his coal pit.

Standing over there, adding more fuel to the flames is a boy about 12 years of age or so. When he looks up, it's like looking into a VERY slightly distorted mirror.

Just call me the Wild Cat of the Mountains
The Mystery Knight of the ShadowCat!

One other thing I do check with Mya. If I win I will either name her Queen of Love and Beauty or our bitch step mother to try and placate her vicious ego which will be rubbed wrong by this.

Her choice. I'd love to name her and give her the honor of standing with me in honor, which would build up her status greatly, but at the same time the Bitch must be placated.

What does my master think?
She'd love the idea, even if it's her brother having a knight crown her the queen of love and beauty is a dream many girls of any social standing sometimes dream about. Martyn promptly brings you back to earth reminding you that Mya might not be allowed to get close enough and if someone who knew the king saw her...well things might get ugly... Much as it grinds at him, if you're two choices are either Cersei or Mya, go with Cersei, though you could just give it to some other pretty girl with a sweet smile or a nice pair.

Aceraptor wrote:Hell, the bastards have a good deal of advantage in terms of terrain. How steep is it to the hillmen? Whats the rest of the friendlies doing? If we are moving to strike at the ambushers and the terrain allows it, we'll have to run up to them and kill them. But if the terrain is too steep, we'll have to rush through the ambush, hopefully without taking too much casualties.

In any case, I'll use my shield to keep from getting pincushioned by arrows or darts, I'll dodge what rocks I can. If possible, and terrain permits, I'll launch a assault on one of the sides, hopefully my armor and shield will help keep me alive until I get in amongst them. If I can get my own rocks I'll see if I can throw them back at the enemy. But in any case, I'll try to go up the slope, hopefully accompanied by some of the knights, if we can get in amongst them, at the very least one side of the ambush will be effectively neutralized.

But, if the order is given to just bull through the ambush, I'll have to follow the order.
You manage to dodge or block the missiles that hit you but several around you don't. You all but leap up the hillside, tearing past the few others that try that and soon you're among them like a blender gone mad. Men go down like ninepins as you swing your hammer faster than some men could a knife. As you fight, you notice an older individual who seems to be leading the band. You go after him?

Rieverre wrote:They're impressed, I'm relieved - looks like I'll need to alter my approach accordingly if whatever ROB dropped me down here also made me a budding supercombatant.
Heh

"My thanks for the praise, Ser Lyn. I cannot help but feel we are not finished here, though. They didn't rout as much as they retreated, and a leader who can make tribals do that is one who we'll no doubt hear of again, sooner rather than later."
"Very astute lad...hmm...well many of them are dead...but you are right..." He goes to talk with the older knights.

Regardless, I'll confer with Ser Martyn, reasoning that while neither ourselves nor the Black Ears band can claim this skirmish to be a decisive victory for one side, they might follow up with a raid on a village or caravan to make up for whatever morale was strained by that retreat. After all, I reason, they didn't take too many trophies here and lost a number of their own. They'll probably strike at least once more before returning to ... well, wherever it is the band returns to, so that they return with the flush of recent victory about them. Are there any settlements within reasonably short riding distance that might be tempting targets?
"Not unless they know away around us lad. This is about as far as civilization goes up this valley."

When you finish talking with Martyn, Lyn announces that the party will continue after the band and make sure they really have been driven into the mountains, but only far enough that they can ride back to safety before nightfall.

Roll a d100
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh true
"Figuring out" the kids are all incestuous bastards should do it.

True
Well, if it gets to cripple or be crippled, the mad dog goes down.

You'll be announced as such.
Good.

You enter the smithee and you run into a lean older man who introduces himself as Mott, the best smith in all of Westeros.  He asks what he could do for Ser knight?  Well he does for a moment before he glances over at his coal pit.

Standing over there, adding more fuel to the flames is a boy about 12 years of age or so.  When he looks up, it's like looking into a VERY slightly distorted mirror.
If I haven't had my work done I talk to him about it. Otherwise I just said I noticed his apprentice.

The Mystery Knight of the ShadowCat!  
Works.

She'd love the idea, even if it's her brother having a knight crown her the queen of love and beauty is a dream many girls of any social standing sometimes dream about.
True...

Martyn promptly brings you back to earth reminding you that Mya might not be allowed to get close enough and if someone who knew the king saw her...well things might get ugly...  Much as it grinds at him, if you're two choices are either Cersei or Mya, go with Cersei,
It would be possible for me to do both... I could proclaim that if she were not my father's wife I'd honor the queen, and then proclaim Mya.

As for Mya, I'm willing to put some money into a disguise if need be. She deserves to see this and part of my hope is to get her recognized too. My being recognized will imply hers but I'd like to make it without a doubt.

though you could just give it to some other pretty girl with a sweet smile or a nice pair.
I just give him The Look.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:59 am

Brian Boru wrote:You manage to dodge or block the missiles that hit you but several around you don't.
I zigzag up the slope, smashing aside arrows or dodging rocks, somehow managing to keep myself alive, but I grimace to myself as I see the enemy's arrows and rocks and other missiles strike home into my allies, but I can't let that stop me. I continue my charge up the slope.

You all but leap up the hillside, tearing past the few others that try that and soon you're among them like a blender gone mad.  Men go down like ninepins as you swing your hammer faster than some men could a knife.
I smash into the force of hillmen like a tornado. Smashing them with my hammer or dashing them aside with my shield.

As you fight, you notice an older individual who seems to be leading the band.  You go after him?
Once I notice the one who seems like the leader, I shift my focus, if this is the leader he'll have valuable information, and plus, if I manage to take him down, the enemy might break. With those possible pluses in mind, I smash my way through the hillmen to the possible leader, seeking to engage him and prevent him from running away.

I focus on destroying his weapons and knocking him out rather then killing him. He's more valuable alive then dead.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Figuring out" the kids are all incestuous bastards should do it.
Probably would.

Well, if it gets to cripple or be crippled, the mad dog goes down.
Wise move

If I haven't had my work done I talk to him about it. Otherwise I just said I noticed his apprentice.
It's being done and he'd ask for one hell of a price. Quality costs... Any way he asks why you're interested in the lad. You know that he knows how much the two of you look like each other.

It would be possible for me to do both... I could proclaim that if she were not my father's wife I'd honor the queen, and then proclaim Mya.

As for Mya, I'm willing to put some money into a disguise if need be. She deserves to see this and part of my hope is to get her recognized too. My being recognized will imply hers but I'd like to make it without a doubt.
You might be able to scrounge up a dress somewhere though getting a seat might be hard.

He still thinks being blatant with her might be a risky venture.

I just give him The Look.
"What?" He seems offended that you're so upset with him.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:23 am

Aceraptor wrote:I zigzag up the slope, smashing aside arrows or dodging rocks, somehow managing to keep myself alive, but I grimace to myself as I see the enemy's arrows and rocks and other missiles strike home into my allies, but I can't let that stop me. I continue my charge up the slope.
It helps a bit though you DO almost get nicked in the ear as you run up.

I smash into the force of hillmen like a tornado. Smashing them with my hammer or dashing them aside with my shield.
And you cause pain wherever you go, all but bring the attack to an end.

Once I notice the one who seems like the leader, I shift my focus, if this is the leader he'll have valuable information, and plus, if I manage to take him down, the enemy might break. With those possible pluses in mind, I smash my way through the hillmen to the possible leader, seeking to engage him and prevent him from running away.

I focus on destroying his weapons and knocking him out rather then killing him. He's more valuable alive then dead.
You plow your way through to him, knocking fighters left and right. The leader seems to notice your drive and looks like he going to run.

Roll a d100.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:Probably would.
A yep.

Wise move
Oh yeah. Not stupid.

It's being done and he'd ask for one hell of a price.  Quality costs...  Any way he asks why you're interested in the lad.  You know that he knows how much the two of you look like each other.
"You know who our father is don't you. Does he know?"

You might be able to scrounge up a dress somewhere though getting a seat might be hard.
Well a veil and a head scarf as the Mystery Knight's Mystery guest might work...

He still thinks being blatant with her might be a risky venture.
I'll leave it up to her. I want only the best for her and am not going to risk her unduly.

"What?" He seems offended that you're so upset with him.
"I've made avoiding pretty girls with a sweet smile or a nice pair a mission. Remember, I don't want any bastards."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:38 am

Brian Boru wrote:It helps a bit though you DO almost get nicked in the ear as you run up.
That was close.

And you cause pain wherever you go, all but bring the attack to an end.
I smiled savagely in satisfaction at the fact that I've completely disrupted the ambush on this side as I continue to lay into the enemy.

You plow your way through to him, knocking fighters left and right.  The leader seems to notice your drive and looks like he going to run.
As I plow through the enemy I notice the enemy leader beginning to run. That couldn't be allowed.

Roll a d100.
Rolling.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:38 am

The member 'Aceraptor' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 4

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Very astute lad...hmm...well many of them are dead...but you are right..."  He goes to talk with the older knights.
I go ahead and check over my kit, making sure nothing got too nicked up or damaged and it's all still combat ready.

"Not unless they know away around us lad.  This is about as far as civilization goes up this valley."
"I wouldn't put it past them, Ser Martyn. You saw how their horses moved on the mountain path."

When you finish talking with Martyn, Lyn announces that the party will continue after the band and make sure they really have been driven into the mountains, but only far enough that they can ride back to safety before nightfall.

Roll a d100
Again, I'll attempt to be as alert as I can, which should not be such a great problem what with having been attacked once already. It's certainly motivation to keep my guard up. In particular, considering what I've just said myself. So I keep an eye on places that could be considered natural ambush sites, as well as periodically give our flanks and rear a once-over.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 89

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:"You know who our father is don't you. Does he know?"
"'Fraid I don't know, and neither does he."

Well a veil and a head scarf as the Mystery Knight's Mystery guest might work...
Maybe...though she'd have to keep her mouth shut, otherwise her grammar would souse her out.

I'll leave it up to her. I want only the best for her and am not going to risk her unduly.
Tempting as it is it'd be wiser not to claim her queen of love and beauty.

"I've made avoiding pretty girls with a sweet smile or a nice pair a mission. Remember, I don't want any bastards."
"Maybe but on the other hand lad you'll go mad if you enjoy yourself at least a little complement a pretty girl, smile, be gallant, does everything have to be part of some mad goal?"

Anyway, the start of the tourney arrives and you're eventually lined up in the list against a hedge knight by the name of Garryt of SparrowVale. Some place in the Riverlands you think.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:55 am

Brian Boru wrote:"'Fraid I don't know, and neither does he."
"I know who our father is," I reply, "But that knowledge is extremely dangerous..."

Maybe...though she'd have to keep her mouth shut, otherwise her grammar would souse her out.
True. It's up to her.

Tempting as it is it'd be wiser not to claim her queen of love and beauty.
Very well. But as far as I'm concerned, it should be you. This should be your day as much as mine."

"Maybe but on the other hand lad you'll go mad if you enjoy yourself at least a little complement a pretty girl, smile, be gallant, does everything have to be part of some mad goal?"
"I'll have time to relax once my goal is accomplished."

And I sit on the Iron Throne. But I don't say that part.

Anyway, the start of the tourney arrives and you're eventually lined up in the list against a hedge knight by the name of Garryt of SparrowVale.  Some place in the Riverlands you think.
I beat him fast and clean, as I would anyone else who gets in my way until I get up to the more impressive individuals.

If I face my master I intentionally make a show of it that I'll win, but makes him look GOOD.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:12 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I know who our father is," I reply, "But that knowledge is extremely dangerous..."
"Then don't tell me, I don't want any sort of trouble on me or the the lad. Even if you are kin I'm not letting my apprentice come to harm if I can help it. So shut your damn trap...Now..are you interested in anything Tohbo Mott has made?" The mood shift it ...strong.

Very well. But as far as I'm concerned, it should be you. This should be your day as much as mine."
She thanks you for that.

"I'll have time to relax once my goal is accomplished."

And I sit on the Iron Throne. But I don't say that part.
He still thinks you're WAY too damn hard on yourself.

I beat him fast and clean, as I would anyone else who gets in my way until I get up to the more impressive individuals.

If I face my master I intentionally make a show of it that I'll win, but makes him look GOOD.
Your first opponent is knocked clean off his horse in the first round. In this tournament it follows the rules of winning a man's horse and armor if you beat them so you'll need to talk with him later.

The crowd roars in approval for your swift victory. Garryt is out like a torch thrown into a snowbank.

Your next opponent is a Randyll Osterment from the Reach, a Sworn Sword if you had to guess.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:
"Then don't tell me, I don't want any sort of trouble on me or the the lad.  Even if you are kin I'm not letting my apprentice come to harm if I can help it.  So shut your damn trap...Now..are you interested in anything Tohbo Mott has made?"  The mood shift it ...strong.
I give him a level look. "This is the kind of trouble who will come looking for you, as ignroance is rarely a defense. If you'd like I can tell you and you can tell the boy when the time is right.... as for buying something you've made... Not at the moment. I'd love to, but can't afford it. But soon I do believer we will be speaking again."

She thanks you for that.
HUGS!

He still thinks you're WAY too damn hard on yourself.
Never had time to be a boy.

Your first opponent is knocked clean off his horse in the first round.  In this tournament it follows the rules of winning a man's horse and armor if you beat them so you'll need to talk with him later.
I will later... but I will not claim them. My honor does not allow me to ruin a man over a game.

Most knights can afford it.

The crowd roars in approval for your swift victory.  Garryt is out like a torch thrown into a snowbank.

Your next opponent is a Randyll Osterment from the Reach, a Sworn Sword if you had to guess.
More of the same.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:I give him a level look. "This is the kind of trouble who will come looking for you, as ignroance is rarely a defense. If you'd like I can tell you and you can tell the boy when the time is right.... as for buying something you've made... Not at the moment. I'd love to, but can't afford it. But soon I do believer we will be speaking again."
"....alright...but not infront of the lad...."

Never had time to be a boy.
Now or never I guess...

I will later... but I will not claim them. My honor does not allow me to ruin a man over a game.

Most knights can afford it.
When he meets you later he thanks you for that.

More of the same.
Randyll is also flattened in one blow. Most cheer even louder. Though one or two seem to think they smell a rat.

Your next opponent is one Kile Davence from the Westerlands. From a knightly house.

He also is knocked clean off his horse. People are now VERY interested in this Mystery Knight of the Shadowcat. And you can hear people talk about who you might be as you trot by to wait for your turn again. You're about to remove your helmet when you notice movement out of the corner of your eye.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:38 am

Brian Boru wrote:"....alright...but not infront of the lad...."
Once we are away I inform him that we are the miss begotton spawn of the King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, his royal highness King Robert Baratheon the First of His Name.

Now or never I guess...
Heh.

When he meets you later he thanks you for that.
I clasp arms with him and say I'll put in a good word for him with some folk.

Randyll is also flattened in one blow.  Most cheer even louder.  Though one or two seem to think they smell a rat.

Your next opponent is one Kile Davence from the Westerlands.  From a knightly house.

He also is knocked clean off his horse.  People are now VERY interested in this Mystery Knight of the Shadowcat.  And you can hear people talk about who you might be as you trot by to wait for your turn again.  You're about to remove your helmet when you notice movement out of the corner of your eye.
Honestly I'm not taking off my helmet the entire time. I'll drink through a damned straw. Part of keeping secrecy is not exposing yourself.

I check it out.

Last edited by Psyckosama on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:38 am

You missed both Ace and me, Brian.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:54 am

Aceraptor wrote:That was close.
Indeed

I smiled savagely in satisfaction at the fact that I've completely disrupted the ambush on this side as I continue to lay into the enemy.
Kinda like a sledge hammer hitting the point of a thrusting spear.

As I plow through the enemy I notice the enemy leader beginning to run. That couldn't be allowed.

He fails miserably to get away from you and you fall on him like a wolf on a fawn. He doesn't stand a chance and is soon dead as a doorknob. The rest of the Hill Tribesmen shatter and try to make a run for it. Most of them do, some of them don't and the knights strike them down. The battle is won and you struck down the most foes in this fight as well as the leader of the band himself. People are staring at you in shock.

Rieverre wrote:I go ahead and check over my kit, making sure nothing got too nicked up or damaged and it's all still combat ready.
You lucked out and your stuff seems to be alright though some of your armor might need some cleaning if you wanted to present yourself at a court.

"I wouldn't put it past them, Ser Martyn. You saw how their horses moved on the mountain path."
Very true.

Again, I'll attempt to be as alert as I can, which should not be such a great problem what with having been attacked once already. It's certainly motivation to keep my guard up. In particular, considering what I've just said myself. So I keep an eye on places that could be considered natural ambush sites, as well as periodically give our flanks and rear a once-over.

Nothing seems to happen at all. You travel as far as you can then Lyn calls for the company to return back to the Gates of the Moon.

Psyckosama wrote:Once we are away I inform him that we are the miss begotton spawn of the King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, his royal highness King Robert Baratheon the First of His Name.
His eyebrows raise but he responds with, "Not honestly all that surprised lad. But DON'T waive that information around! The queen is not the kindest of people, especially towards King Robert's...indiscretions...."

I clasp arms with him and say I'll put in a good word for him with some folk.
He thanks you profusely and asks if you'd like to join him for some boozing later.

Honestly I'm not taking off my helmet the entire time. I'll drink through a damned straw. Part of keeping secrecy is not exposing yourself.

I check it out.
The sneaker is revealed to be simply some messenger from a major house from the reach, apparently from house Rowan, they have taken interest in you and lord Mathis Rowan of Golden Grove would like to meet this skilled knight.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Rowan
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:00 am

Brian Boru wrote:
His eyebrows raise but he responds with, "Not honestly all that surprised lad.  But DON'T waive that information around!  The queen is not the kindest of people, especially towards King Robert's...indiscretions...."
My eyes narrow, almost boring into his skull. "You have no idea."

Really, he doesn't know what that bitch has stolen from me.

He thanks you profusely and asks if you'd like to join him for some boozing later.
"I'd like that... but be warned that I do not whore."

I do give him an honest critique of how he was riding... couple tricks that might help him along.

The sneaker is revealed to be simply some messenger from a major house from the reach, apparently from house Rowan, they have taken interest in you and lord Mathis Rowan of Golden Grove would like to meet this skilled knight.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Rowan
Possibly after the events of the day. For the moment the Misery Knight must remain that... a mystery.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:My eyes narrow, almost boring into his skull. "You have no idea."

Really, he doesn't know what that bitch has stolen from me.
"No but I can imagine."

"I'd like that... but be warned that I do not whore."
He raises an eyebrow but doesn't comment, he doesn't really either, he doesn't have the money for certified clean girls and the horror stories about rotten cocks he could tell you....

I do give him an honest critique of how he was riding... couple tricks that might help him along.
He thanks you for the advice and bids you good day.

Possibly after the events of the day. For the moment the Misery Knight must remain that... a mystery.
He nods and says that he'll relay that information to lord Rowan.

Onwards to the last ride of the day. This guy is one Yorrack from the Crownlands, a sworn sword to some minor house here though where exactly you didn't manage to catch.

This time he DIDN'T go flying and while he didn't break his lance on you he did manage to make a hit on you on that first go round.

For your next ride through what do you plan to try?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:"No but I can imagine."
"If the king passes, get him out of the city as swiftly as possible. That's all I'll say in the matter."

He raises an eyebrow but doesn't comment, he doesn't really either, he doesn't have the money for certified clean girls and the horror stories about rotten cocks he could tell you....
"Believe me, I've heard and know of worse..."

He thanks you for the advice and bids you good day.
I like this fellow.

He nods and says that he'll relay that information to lord Rowan.
And onward.

Onwards to the last ride of the day.  This guy is one Yorrack from the Crownlands, a sworn sword to some minor house here though where exactly you didn't manage to catch.

This time he DIDN'T go flying and while he didn't break his lance on you he did manage to make a hit on you on that first go round.

For your next ride through what do you plan to try?
Dude, I'm not an IRL Jouster.

I plant it in the center of his shield aiming it so as much force will be transferred into him as possible I guess...

Basically what my SI would know from his training and experiences watching tourneys.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:29 am

Psyckosama wrote:"If the king passes, get him out of the city as swiftly as possible. That's all I'll say in the matter."
He nods.

At this point Gendry is trying his best to evesdrop on the conversation, though failing at gathering any information.

"Believe me, I've heard and know of worse..."
He grew up a stone's throw from a brothel...he'd like to see you try.

I like this fellow.
Not a bad fella.

JK OOC: (Dies in the first day of the war of the Five kings, screaming for his mother and shitting himself....)

Dude, I'm not an IRL Jouster.

I plant it in the center of his shield aiming it so as much force will be transferred into him as possible I guess...

Basically what my SI would know from his training and experiences watching tourneys.
This time you manage to put much more force into the blow and he tumbles backwards off his horse landing on the crown of his head with a sickening crunch. He might be dead.

Roll a 1d6 to find out.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceraptor on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:Kinda like a sledge hammer hitting the point of a thrusting spear.
Heh.

He fails miserably to get away from you and you fall on him like a wolf on a fawn.  He doesn't stand a chance and is soon dead as a doorknob.  The rest of the Hill Tribesmen shatter and try to make a run for it.  Most of them do, some of them don't and the knights strike them down.  The battle is won and you struck down the most foes in this fight as well as the leader of the band himself.  People are staring at  you in shock.
I curse to myself as the enemy leader falls dead. Didn't mean to kill him. But eh, dead works too, though capture was preferable. With the battle over, I pick through the small battlefield, looking to see if I can aid any of my fellows whom are wounded. I can feel the people staring in shock... but I can deal with that later, *after* the wounded have been looked after. I return my hammer to its holster in the meanwhile, after wiping as best I can of the blood, so that both of my hands will be free.

Of course, I'll also look for Sir Martyn, it would be a shame if he had gotten killed, because it would break my sister's heart.

Aceraptor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:Nothing seems to happen at all.  You travel as far as you can then Lyn calls for the company to return back to the Gates of the Moon.
Well, I suppose we've done what could, barring the presence of expert trackers or more time than we actually have ...

... aaaand while the lack of wilder folk might be making people think we've chased them off farther than this, I'm not letting my guard down. It might be just paranoia speaking, but this appears to be about the place where the entourage of disheartened knights gets ambushed by wily barbarian bandits in most of the plays, books or stories. I refuse to become a literary cliche and be taken unawares should something like that occur.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:He nods.

At this point Gendry is trying his best to evesdrop on the conversation, though failing at gathering any information.
I clam up.

He grew up a stone's throw from a brothel...he'd like to see you try.
I begin to outline my modern knowledge of sexually transmitted diseases.

Some of the more nasty ones.

Not a bad fella.  
Yeah. When I make it big I might offer to make him my sworn man.

JK OOC: (Dies in the first day of the war of the Five kings, screaming for his mother and shitting himself....)
Heh. Well, it is A Game of Thrones.

Maybe I can prevent it.

This time you manage to put much more force into the blow and he tumbles backwards off his horse landing on the crown of his head with a sickening crunch.  He might be dead.
Roll a 1d6 to find out.[/quote]
You son of a...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :

Either way, I'm the first one to his side, removing his helmet and checking him for a pulse.

It's probably clear to all that I'm absolutely aghast!

It's one thing to kill a man on the field of battle! But not like this! Not over a petty game!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:25 am

Aceraptor wrote:I curse to myself as the enemy leader falls dead. Didn't mean to kill him. But eh, dead works too, though capture was preferable. With the battle over, I pick through the small battlefield, looking to see if I can aid any of my fellows whom are wounded. I can feel the people staring in shock... but I can deal with that later, *after* the wounded have been looked after. I return my hammer to its holster in the meanwhile, after wiping as best I can of the blood, so that both of my hands will be free.

Of course, I'll also look for Sir Martyn, it would be a shame if he had gotten killed, because it would break my sister's heart.
OOC: You need to announce what you want to do to them....

IC: Ser Martyn is well, but Mychel got a bit battered, nothing lethal but he'll be hurting for a while.

Martyn sees you and smiles, "Gods lad, when the hell did you learn to do that?" Others lean in as well.

Rieverre wrote:Well, I suppose we've done what could, barring the presence of expert trackers or more time than we actually have ...

... aaaand while the lack of wilder folk might be making people think we've chased them off farther than this, I'm not letting my guard down. It might be just paranoia speaking, but this appears to be about the place where the entourage of disheartened knights gets ambushed by wily barbarian bandits in most of the plays, books or stories. I refuse to become a literary cliche and be taken unawares should something like that occur.
Amazingly little else bothers you on the ride back to the Gates of the Moon, when you return, you're greeted almost immediately by Mya, who's relieved to see that you and Mychel are alright. Before you can begin explaining to her what all happened, Ser Martyn tells you that you need to make sure to clean up later for the report to Ser Nestor Royce about what happened. Who knows, maybe you'll get a reward for your skill out there.

Psyckosama wrote:I clam up.
He tries to listen in for a while longer, but eventually gives it up as a bad job and returns back to his coal shoveling.

I begin to outline my modern knowledge of sexually transmitted diseases.

Some of the more nasty ones.
He's blank faced for a moment, then comments on what horrific shit-hole of a bawdy house did you grow up near to be that intimate with that sort of horrors.

Yeah. When I make it big I might offer to make him my sworn man.
He might take it.

You son of a...
Twisted Evil

Either way, I'm the first one to his side, removing his helmet and checking him for a pulse.

It's probably clear to all that I'm absolutely aghast!

It's one thing to kill a man on the field of battle! But not like this! Not over a petty game!
You rush to his side and pull his helmet off, he's as pale as a sheet and blood is oozing from his scalp, he breathes, but he's unconscious, more likely than not in a coma, a maester and several assistants pick him up and carry him to the healer's tent. The crowd is subdued but many are still impressed with you skill and Robert seems to have enjoyed the joust, you seem to be one of the favorites, (his specifically) to win. You can also see the little shit sneering about something next to him and you can JUST at the edge of your hearing, along with a bit of lip reading, make out something about not a real man after all just some lucky woman-hearted fool.

After a few more, MUCH less dramatic bouts, the matches end and eight men remain to compete for the championship.

Gregor Clegane, Sandor Clegane, Jaime Lannister, Barristan Selmy, Lothor Brune a hedge knight from the Crackclaw, Ser David Fossoway a cousin of the main branch, Thoros of Myr, and You.

The line up is announced, you're going up against Jaime Lannister first bout tomorrow.

You swear you see the queen smirk at this, and Robert grumble. Seems she forced it so that her brother would shatter the young upstart that seemed to be making Robert happy.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:He tries to listen in for a while longer, but eventually gives it up as a bad job and returns back to his coal shoveling.
I do give him a good pat on the back and a friendly smile though.

He's blank faced for a moment, then comments on what horrific shit-hole of a bawdy house did you grow up near to be that intimate with that sort of horrors.
"Thankfully none, but I have a perfect memory, love to read, and the local Maester was a sucker for my pitiful puppy dog eyes act as a boy."

He might take it.
Cool

Twisted Evil

Alright. After all the shit I've done to you I kinda deserve it.

You rush to his side and pull his helmet off, he's as pale as a sheet and blood is oozing from his scalp, he breathes, but he's unconscious, more likely than not in a coma, a maester and several assistants pick him up and carry him to the healer's tent.
As long as they don't do anything utterly insane, I get the hell out of their way.

The crowd is subdued but many are still impressed with you skill and Robert seems to have enjoyed the joust, you seem to be one of the favorites, (his specifically) to win.
I stand tall at my father's approval.

You can also see the little shit sneering about something next to him and you can JUST at the edge of your hearing, along with a bit of lip reading, make out something about not a real man after all just some lucky woman-hearted fool.
My head whips around and my eyes lock with his.

So this little shit is what I was thrown away to produce... on a intellectual level, as Psyckosama I know what a monster he is. But Eddard, this is his first experience and he's disgusted.

Not only that but the foul little shit stain is a product of incest, a bastard prince who's not even a king's son, but he's a disgusting little prick who's unworthy of all of it.

ALL! OF! MY! HATE!

It's a fucking insult. All of this.

After a few more, MUCH less dramatic bouts, the matches end and eight men remain to compete for the championship.

Gregor Clegane, Sandor Clegane, Jaime Lannister, Barristan Selmy, Lothor Brune a hedge knight from the Crackclaw, Ser David Fossoway a cousin of the main branch, Thoros of Myr, and You.
Not a bad setup.

The line up is announced, you're going up against Jaime Lannister first bout tomorrow.

You swear you see the queen smirk at this, and Robert grumble.  Seems she forced it so that her brother would shatter the young upstart that seemed to be making Robert happy.
And just for that... I'm going to utterly destroy him.

Maybe not kill him, but I want to humiliate him. And if my lance should accidentally find its way to his crotch I will consider it justice.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:13 am

Brian Boru wrote:Amazingly little else bothers you on the ride back to the Gates of the Moon, when you return, you're greeted almost immediately by Mya, who's relieved to see that you and Mychel are alright.  Before you can begin explaining to her what all happened, Ser Martyn tells you that you need to make sure to clean up later for the report to Ser Nestor Royce about what happened.  Who knows, maybe you'll get a reward for your skill out there.
Strange, that was a nearly perfect setup ... maybe they're not quite as dangerous as I'd feared. I'd been assuming that the exchange had gone somewhat in their favor, what with the training costs of knights and squires factored in. Maybe I forgot to factor in the possibility of them having their own manpower issues. Or they weren't an actual raiding party as much as a scouting party for a larger force, in which case I'm underestimating them for all the wrong reasons. Ugh.

I greet Mya, though I'm a little subdued in that since I'm still mulling over recent events in my head, and let her know I gave decent accounting of myself though without any details. I'll probably not make a very famous knight - the bragging part of the whole deal isn't really my cuppa.

Well, regardless, I'll continue by asking if anything interesting has happened while I was away.

And yes, I do take care to not get distracted and make sure I'm washed up and my gear is cleaned up by the time I'm expected to show up for the report.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top