Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:Hennah demands you tell them everything.

I tell her that once I've dealt with the wayward squire I'll be more than happy to visit with them, at least until it's time to head back to the castle and clean up for the evening's entertainment.

He tells Ser Royce all the wrongs he did, Lord Royce decides to have him cool his head in one of the skycells for a day, then he's going to act as a city guard for the next three months, THEN if he's learned his lesson he'll begin squiring, otherwise he's sending him back to his father.

Well, that's a problem solved and I shall never have to deal with it again ...

... oh, who'm I kidding, this is going to come back and bite me somehow, I'm fairly certain.

Still, for now I'll put it out of my mind and head back to town. I've catching up to do, gifts to give and thinking about how to broach the employment offer to do. Well, that last part will probably depend largely on them.

Anyway, barring interruptions, I tie off my horse and grab the case of chemist/apothecary tools from where it was secured to the saddle, as well as Hennah's gift which is markedly smaller and less labor intensive to carry, and head inside.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:49 am

Psyckosama wrote:Yep.

Then let's not go down that path if we can help it.

OVERPROTECTIVE BROTHER POWERS ACTIVATE!

Ah....I perfectly understand then. Even if Mya can handle herself for the most part, I'd still make a man that hurt her eat his own limbs. Even if it were Aegon come again on Balaerion.

Girl talk!

Ah

"Thought so. I have decided to allow it, but you will look after her and her brother and behave properly. understood?"

I bow with utter respect. "On my honor, I promise to keep them from harm and I will be on my best behavior, you have my word."

Once I'm out I rush to tell the girls Ser Nestor's decision, and my hope that Myranda can keep her brother from doing anything...stupid...

"I have a tendency to overstate... but far too many knights only know how to drink, fuck, and kill. They know nothing of statesmanship or economics and couldn't run a brothel as much as manage a fief."

That gets a chuckle out of him.

That... is strange. O.o

OOC: That's what you get for going full munchkin on a joke line about a joke character....

I'll study it more first.

Right then.

Agreed.

Onward through this fucking oven!

Polite and treat him like the lord he is.

He seems a little bashful but when your respectful of him he seems to straighten up and be more confident.

I'm dashing, charming, and friendly.

They remain...cool...but they allow into their keep. Little Edric to the side of the central seat that the Lord of Starfall apparently sits at, he's still to little for it at the moment.

The feast held in honor of the king is well-stocked but cool from the Dornishfolk. They don't seem to be particularly interested in the food, though it tastes just like anywhere else to the folk from North of the Red Mountains.

Rieverre wrote:I tell her that once I've dealt with the wayward squire I'll be more than happy to visit with them, at least until it's time to head back to the castle and clean up for the evening's entertainment.

They hold to that promise then. And expect you back soon.

Well, that's a problem solved and I shall never have to deal with it again ...

... oh, who'm I kidding, this is going to come back and bite me somehow, I'm fairly certain.

We'll see.

Still, for now I'll put it out of my mind and head back to town. I've catching up to do, gifts to give and thinking about how to broach the employment offer to do. Well, that last part will probably depend largely on them.

Anyway, barring interruptions, I tie off my horse and grab the case of chemist/apothecary tools from where it was secured to the saddle, as well as Hennah's gift which is markedly smaller and less labor intensive to carry, and head inside.

Both Hennah and Anna seem glad to see you're back and ask what happened with that jackass.

When you show them their gifts they're floored at the extravagance of this. Anna tells you that this is better gear than anything she's ever come across, even in Gulltown, while Hennah all but squeals in delight at the gift you've given her. Both bow in thanks for the gift, Hennah goes on and glomps you, despite Anna's reprimanding her immediately. She feels nice....
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:Ah....I perfectly understand then.  Even if Mya can handle herself for the most part, I'd still make a man that hurt her eat his own limbs.  Even if it were Aegon come again on Balaerion.

To be honest, you seem to get along okay when Myranda isn't within 200 yards and she hasn't been brought up for the past 3 hours...

I bow with utter respect. "On my honor, I promise to keep them from harm and I will be on my best behavior, you have my word."

"Good."

Once I'm out I rush to tell the girls Ser Nestor's decision, and my hope that Myranda can keep her brother from doing anything...stupid...

Myranda knows. Her father told her. As does Mya. Myranda told her. :p

Anyways, what do you want to do before you go?

That gets a chuckle out of him.

"Sad truth."

OOC: That's what you get for going full munchkin on a joke line about a joke character....

No, you went "Look at the shiny!" and I was like "Wow! Cool!" and now you're like "How dare you want the shiny?"

Dafuq?

Onward through this fucking oven!

Pace yourself, drink lots of water, and do most of your traveling in the early morning and evening, resting in the dead of night and height of the day.

The dornish sun is much less horrible if you're under a canopy, dressed only in your skivvies napping it off.

He seems a little bashful but when your respectful of him he seems to straighten up and be more confident.

"You and I are brothers in a sense, Edric. We're both named to honor the same man, and in that sense I shall always view you as something of a brother."

I smile and gently present my axes which are forged of the same metal as dawn.

"My axes and Dawn are also kindred in a way... and if you wish it and your family will allow it, when the times I will teach you that you might become the Sword of the Morning."

Yes, I just offered to train if not outright squire Edric Dayne.

They remain...cool...but they allow into their keep. Little Edric to the side of the central seat that the Lord of Starfall apparently sits at, he's still to little for it at the moment.

He'll grow.

The feast held in honor of the king is well-stocked but cool from the Dornishfolk.  They don't seem to be particularly interested in the food, though it tastes just like anywhere else to the folk from North of the Red Mountains.

I look over. "Ah, boring northern fare then?" I smile gently. "The food is good, but don't deny yourselves the true flavors of your homeland on our account. If we can't take the heat, we shouldn't be in the desert."

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:32 am

Brian Boru wrote:Both Hennah and Anna seem glad to see you're back and ask what happened with that jackass.

"He's visiting the Moon Cells for the day and is slated for chastisement after that, before he'll be allowed to do any squiring," I tell them. Then I ask: "How often do you have to deal with that sort of thing, on average?"

When you show them their gifts they're floored at the extravagance of this. Anna tells you that this is better gear than anything she's ever come across, even in Gulltown, while Hennah all but squeals in delight at the gift you've given her. Both bow in thanks for the gift, Hennah goes on and glomps you, despite Anna's reprimanding her immediately. She feels nice....

I don't think they meant this when coining the phrase 'Good feels good' but I'm going to apply it anyway.

I let the glomp continue for a moment and ruffle her hair a bit before clearing my throat. "Hennah, while I'm certainly enjoying this your mother looks like she's about to get the pig-iron again," I say with a chuckle.

Then, presumably after I've been released, I give the both of them a frank look. "I'm not going to say I didn't go a little overboard, but considering the lessons I took away from here ended up saving a number of party of knights and squires I was traveling to the tourney with, I consider it more than justified." Then I grin. "Also, I felt like it."

I relate the story of the hedge knight ambush, censoring out some of the sheer brutality of the fighting but otherwise being entirely factual, including relating conditions on our side in the aftermath and ... well, essentially giving a report of how I used what I'd learned to my teacher(s).
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:30 pm

Psyckosama wrote:To be honest, you seem to get along okay when Myranda isn't within 200 yards and she hasn't been brought up for the past 3 hours...

Ha ha ha ha.

"Good."

"Thank you for this favor my lord."

Myranda knows. Her father told her. As does Mya. Myranda told her. :p

Anyways, what do you want to do before you go?

Well depending on how much time I got I first make sure the armor's fitted, then check on the new horse.  After that I get anything I need to get ready to ride to King's Landing.  Once that's ready I guess I practice both with the hammer, and see if I can get a little jousting practice in, to familiarize with the horse and make sure my skills are up to snuff.

After that I guess I ask around if anyone's been to King's Landing before and I ask them if they have any advice on how to deal with the city.

"Sad truth."

Heh

No, you went "Look at the shiny!" and I was like "Wow! Cool!" and now you're like "How dare you want the shiny?"

Dafuq?

Really?  Foul tempered version of Disney's Sultan punching out a bull didn't clue you in that it was a joke character?  Eh let's drop this otherwise we'd be jabbering forever.

Pace yourself, drink lots of water, and do most of your traveling in the early morning and evening, resting in the dead of night and height of the day.

The dornish sun is much less horrible if you're under a canopy, dressed only in your skivvies napping it off.

...you really wanna see bobby b in the nude?

"You and I are brothers in a sense, Edric. We're both named to honor the same man, and in that sense I shall always view you as something of a brother."

I smile and gently present my axes which are forged of the same metal as dawn.

"My axes and Dawn are also kindred in a way... and if you wish it and your family will allow it, when the times I will teach you that you might become the Sword of the Morning."

Yes, I just offered to train if not outright squire Edric Dayne.

Everyone blinks at your mentioning of the axes considering that their sword is made of star metal and is one of the few blades able to match valeryian steel.  Edric does seem interested in being taught by you especially considering you beat the Mountain.

I look over. "Ah, boring northern fare then?" I smile gently. "The food is good, but don't deny yourselves the true flavors of your homeland on our account. If we can't take the heat, we shouldn't be in the desert."

The locals seem pleased at that and then the spice come out...and the men from the north almost immediately vacate the premises....Robert however is stubborn to leave...and he really can't...but the spices are getting to him, nose and eyes running and his face beet red.

Rieverre wrote:"He's visiting the Moon Cells for the day and is slated for chastisement after that, before he'll be allowed to do any squiring," I tell them. Then I ask: "How often do you have to deal with that sort of thing, on average?"

They nod in approval at Nestor's Justice, the idiots don't think pain is a threat but humiliate them...oh they learn then.

"Not that often, you just have an incredible sense of timing."

I don't think they meant this when coining the phrase 'Good feels good' but I'm going to apply it anyway.

Heh heh ...did she just feel up the muscles along your back?

I let the glomp continue for a moment and ruffle her hair a bit before clearing my throat. "Hennah, while I'm certainly enjoying this your mother looks like she's about to get the pig-iron again," I say with a chuckle.

She let's go and jumps back like you were a hot stove.  Her face as red as a Lannister banner.

Then, presumably after I've been released, I give the both of them a frank look. "I'm not going to say I didn't go a little overboard, but considering the lessons I took away from here ended up saving a number of party of knights and squires I was traveling to the tourney with, I consider it more than justified." Then I grin. "Also, I felt like it."

Now you HAVE to tell them what happened.

[quoteI relate the story of the hedge knight ambush, censoring out some of the sheer brutality of the fighting but otherwise being entirely factual, including relating conditions on our side in the aftermath and ... well, essentially giving a report of how I used what I'd learned to my teacher(s).[/quote]

They react properly at all the right moments, you seem to be a good story teller.  They're concerned with the attacks and joyous for your triumphs.  When they hear you're going to become a commander in the Gold Cloaks they all but applaud for you.  That is a prestigious position even if some knights consider it beneath them to serve there.  (Note they ain't noble so a well paying job like that looks VERY GOOD)

They ask what you plan to do now?

Last edited by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:They nod in approval at Nestor's Justice, the idiots don't think pain is a threat but humiliate them...oh they learn then.

"Not that often, you just have an incredible sense of timing."

Not sure how to feel about that, to be honest. On one hand, I don't necessarily mind being in position to act the Knight Errant. On the other ... well, I don't particularly want to consider even 'not that often'.

She let's go and jumps back like you were a hot stove.  Her face as red as a Lannister banner.

... doubly adorable when flustered. ^^

They react properly at all the right moments, you seem to be a good story teller.  They're concerned with the attacks and joyous for your triumphs.  When they hear you're going to become a commander in the Gold Cloaks they all but applaud for you.  That is a prestigious position even if some knights consider it beneath them to serve there.  (Note they ain't noble so a well paying job like that looks VERY GOOD)

They ask what you plan to do now?

"Mya and I plan on staying a few days, but likely no longer than a week. Much as the Vale was our birthplace, I'm not sure if it was ever really _ours_. Or maybe it's just me who feels that way and she's humoring her crazy brother," I chuckle with a shrug. "I think this is normally where the storybook hero starts being all noble and making lofty promises, but something about those stories always rubbed me the wrong way. So I'm going to say something selfish instead."

I give the both of them a level look. Okay, now, I've thought about what I want to say and how to phrase it in a way that's as unambiguous as ...

"Anna, Hennah ... I want you."

... and of course my hindbrain bypasses reasoning centers and censors and just _blurts that out_ ...

"Wait, no, that came out wrong, I meant I _want to hire you_ ..." I backpedal frantically for a few seconds before I just stop with a groan of frustration, because in a way that sounds even _worse_.

"Oh, Stranger take it, I might as well ..." I finally mutter as much to the room as to myself before taking a deep breath and trying again ... well, brutal honesty's worked for me before ... and if I'm going to flub her, I might as well go big or go home.

"I was honest when I said that first part, but it's not what I was going to ask. Anna, I was going to ask whether you and Hennah would agree to come work for me, on retainer."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:05 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Thank you for this favor my lord."

"It's not doing you a favor. It just happened to be a good argument in favor."

He pauses. "Now go have your armor fitted so you can bring honor to the vale."

Well depending on how much time I got I first make sure the armor's fitted,

It's already being done.

then check on the new horse.

It's a fine animal that if by its smooth and compact build has the blood of a Dothraki stallion somewhere in its line. If there's anything that is a clear indication of how incensed his brother was at him, it was the fact he let you keep the animal.

After that I get anything I need to get ready to ride to King's Landing.  Once that's ready I guess I practice both with the hammer,

d100

and see if I can get a little jousting practice in, to familiarize with the horse and make sure my skills are up to snuff.

d100

After that I guess I ask around if anyone's been to King's Landing before and I ask them if they have any advice on how to deal with the city.

It's a rancid, feted put of scum and corruption.

Oh, and it is dirty and reeks too.

Really?  Foul tempered version of Disney's Sultan punching out a bull didn't clue you in that it was a joke character?  Eh let's drop this otherwise we'd be jabbering forever.

This is a Song of Ice and Fire. People don' expect gags.

...you really wanna see bobby b in the nude?

In this case it would be small clothes and in this case its more like being in a locker room. Method to madness. Or in this case the desire not to die of the heat.

Everyone blinks at your mentioning of the axes considering that their sword is made of star metal and is one of the few blades able to match valeryian steel.

Everyone is shown the Star Metal axes and told the tale of the Durandon king who carried them and how I came to find them.

Edric does seem interested in being taught by you especially considering you beat the Mountain.

Slaying the mountain was no great feat. It was a simply necessity. Most of the time I'd have spared a man in a judicial duel, as I have no love of killing... but Lady Elia's spirit and the souls of so many others murdered by the man cried out for justice.

Personally, I'd have rather seen him castrated and dangling at the end of a rope.

Do note, hanging is the punishment for Small Folk convicts, not noble born.

The locals seem pleased at that and then the spice come out...and the men from the north almost immediately vacate the premises....Robert however is stubborn to leave...and he really can't...but the spices are getting to him...did you just see him...yup he's red faced, tearing up, and wheezing...that can't possibly be good  (no he's not poisoned, the spices are literally hurting him with their intensity...)

I'm eating it like a champ. "You know, you can moderate your intake of the southern fair and make sure you eat the times that they'd suggest as not being overwhelming."

I give a thoughtful smile to a serving girl. "My dear, would you be so kind as to bring my father a pitcher of chilled milk? A generous one with a large glass."

I look over to him, probably deeply enjoying the hottest item on the menu with a smile. "It helps cut the burn."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:29 am

Rieverre wrote:Not sure how to feel about that, to be honest. On one hand, I don't necessarily mind being in position to act the Knight Errant. On the other ... well, I don't particularly want to consider even 'not that often'.

Only really happened one other time in a long while and they managed to brain the idiot long enough for city guardsmen to come and clean up the mess.

... doubly adorable when flustered. ^^

Heh

"Mya and I plan on staying a few days, but likely no longer than a week. Much as the Vale was our birthplace, I'm not sure if it was ever really _ours_. Or maybe it's just me who feels that way and she's humoring her crazy brother," I chuckle with a shrug. "I think this is normally where the storybook hero starts being all noble and making lofty promises, but something about those stories always rubbed me the wrong way. So I'm going to say something selfish instead."

I give the both of them a level look. Okay, now, I've thought about what I want to say and how to phrase it in a way that's as unambiguous as ...

"Anna, Hennah ... I want you."

The two of them stare in shock. Hennah blushing like a school girl, while Anna looks like she was going to either laugh or blow a gasket.

... and of course my hindbrain bypasses reasoning centers and censors and just _blurts that out_ ...

"Wait, no, that came out wrong, I meant I _want to hire you_ ..." I backpedal frantically for a few seconds before I just stop with a groan of frustration, because in a way that sounds even _worse_.

They keep on staring.

"Oh, Stranger take it, I might as well ..." I finally mutter as much to the room as to myself before taking a deep breath and trying again ... well, brutal honesty's worked for me before ... and if I'm going to flub her, I might as well go big or go home.

"I was honest when I said that first part, but it's not what I was going to ask. Anna, I was going to ask whether you and Hennah would agree to come work for me, on retainer."

Once that gets through to them, both women start cackling like hyena's actually having to hang off each other to keep from falling over.

Once they get done laughing Anna says that yes she'd like that, while giving lordlings poultices to keep their cocks from melting off pays well, she DOES have SOME pride in her work and would rather be doing something else with her skills, that and that last scuffle with Hennah was more or less the straw that broke the camel's back about her daughter's safety. Give them about a week and they'll be ready to head out with you.

[quote="Psyckosama"]
Brian Boru wrote:"It's not doing you a favor. It just happened to be a good argument in favor."

He pauses. "Now go have your armor fitted so you can bring honor to the vale."

I bow, and head on.

It's already being done.

Right then.

It's a fine animal that if by its smooth and compact build has the blood of a Dothraki stallion somewhere in its line. If there's anything that is a clear indication of how incensed his brother was at him, it was the fact he let you keep the animal.

....I...am...studding...this...MOTHAFUCKKA!!!! If he's still complete....

After that I get anything I need to get ready to ride to King's Landing.  Once that's ready I guess I practice both with the hammer,

d100

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

and see if I can get a little jousting practice in, to familiarize with the horse and make sure my skills are up to snuff.

d100

It's a rancid, feted put of scum and corruption.

Oh, and it is dirty and reeks too.

...right...sleep with a knife under my pillow....and hold my breath any chance I get...got ya... but seriously I will be careful then.

This is a Song of Ice and Fire. People don' expect gags.

Right....sorry about that.

In this case it would be small clothes and in this case its more like being in a locker room. Method to madness. Or in this case the desire not to die of the heat.

Right then....

Everyone is shown the Star Metal axes and told the tale of the Durandon king who carried them and how I came to find them.

They're VERY impressed by the blades and many fighting men take a keen interest in the blades.

Slaying the mountain was no great feat. It was a simply necessity. Most of the time I'd have spared a man in a judicial duel, as I have no love of killing... but Lady Elia's spirit and the souls of so many others murdered by the man cried out for justice.

Personally, I'd have rather seen him castrated and dangling at the end of a rope.

Do note, hanging is the punishment for Small Folk convicts, not noble born.

Edric scrunches his face in slight confusion but doesn't continue that thread of conversation but the other Dornish folk seem to take note and you get the feeling that little speech is going to be known in Sun Spear before you hit the hay.

I'm eating it like a champ. "You know, you can moderate your intake of the southern fair and make sure you eat the times that they'd suggest as not being overwhelming."

Well to be honest even YOU think they might be ruining the food here at this point.

I give a thoughtful smile to a serving girl. "My dear, would you be so kind as to bring my father a pitcher of chilled milk? A generous one with a large glass."

I look over to him, probably deeply enjoying the hottest item on the menu with a smile. "It helps cut the burn."

One's brought to him and while it helps, the girl's bringing an entire pitcher which he looks like he sorely wants to dunk his head in as he takes gulps from it.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:20 am

Brian Boru wrote:Once that gets through to them, both women start cackling like hyena's actually having to hang off each other to keep from falling over.

Once they get done laughing Anna says that yes she'd like that, while giving lordlings poultices to keep their cocks from melting off pays well, she DOES have SOME pride in her work and would rather be doing something else with her skills, that and that last scuffle with Hennah was more or less the straw that broke the camel's back about her daughter's safety.  Give them about a week and they'll be ready to head out with you.

"Well, that was easier than I thought it would be, and all it took was my dignity," I say wryly, having collected myself again. Or at least pretending to. "I was going to say I'd pay for any tomes you feel like you need for further research into the craft out of my own pocket."

After that we spend the time I have until I need to leave hashing out the logistics. They'll likely need a wagon to transport their belongings and necessary equipment, for one. That aside, I'll visit with them again sometime during the week.

For now, though, I imagine it's about time for me to head back and get ready for the dinner. What's everybody been doing in my absence? By that I mean Mya, Ser Martyn and my two hedge knights?

Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Brian Boru wrote:I bow, and head on.

"Don't fuck up, boy."

....I...am...studding...this...MOTHAFUCKKA!!!!  If he's still complete....

He is... and he's one of the most foul tempered beasts you've ever met. Seriously, saddling Myranda's brother would be less of a brother than this bloody horse.

Probably the OTHER reason he was willing to give you the damned animal.

Your master has but one question for you... "Where the fuck were you hiding this, boy?"

You do rather well, all things considered. And most of "all things" boils down to "that fucking horse".

In other news you find out that the horse is actually named "Motherfucker"...

[sarcasm]You wonder why... [/sarcasm]

...right...sleep with a knife under my pillow....and hold my breath any chance I get...got ya...  but seriously I will be careful then.

Stiff nod. Anyways, a few days later most of the knights are heading out to go to the tournament in King's Landing. You and your master are heading with them, so are Lyn Corbray and Mychel Redfort. As well as Myranda and her brother. Mya is with you and seems excited to see the outside world. She's also all but claimed the gear that you got from Lord Nestor. Her excuse is the road is dangerous and its better to ride armed. She pretty much punched you in the arm until you gave in.

Everyone else is cracking jokes about you "squiring" your crazy sister. Even Mychel seems to have a laugh about it, though he's also taken to giving her tips... though you don't know if its authentic interest or they're looking for excuses to press up against each other.

And so you head out from the Eyrie to the Bloody Gate, then the King's Road, then King's Landing.

Roll a d100.

Right....sorry about that.

N/P

Right then....

Yeah.

They're VERY impressed by the blades and many fighting men take a keen interest in the blades.

With my father's leave, I allow them to examine the weapons.

Edric scrunches his face in slight confusion but doesn't continue that thread of conversation but the other Dornish folk seem to take note and you get the feeling that little speech is going to be known in Sun Spear before you hit the hay.

Good. I'm pleased. In fact in passing that were it up to me I'd have him posthumously stripped of his knighthood.

Well to be honest even YOU think they might be ruining the food here at this point.

I might talk to the chefs a bit about some ideas... I'd like to recreate Tabasco sauce if at all possible. I see a great value for it as a condiment for armies on the movie. A little spice will make up for a world of evils.

Also, I need fucking Hot Wings...

One's brought to him and while it helps, the girl's bringing an entire pitcher which he looks like he sorely wants to dunk his head in as he takes gulps from it.

No reaction to shockingly genial treatment of servants? Most are seen as nonexistent at best... almost part of the furniture. My character on the whole always says "please" and "thank you" and generally is respectful to them even going as far as to learn names. This is something big with him, and probably one of his more immediately seen quirks. Robert probably gets it more than anyone considering his mother was a serving girl. Others might not.

Anyways, I look at Robert and tell him not to drink but gargle it and use it to rinse out his mouth before swallowing.

Then I probably go back to eating something so spiced that the scent would make you tear up.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:58 am

Rieverre wrote:"Well, that was easier than I thought it would be, and all it took was my dignity," I say wryly, having collected myself again. Or at least pretending to. "I was going to say I'd pay for any tomes you feel like you need for further research into the craft out of my own pocket."

Oh really....

After that we spend the time I have until I need to leave hashing out the logistics. They'll likely need a wagon to transport their belongings and necessary equipment, for one. That aside, I'll visit with them again sometime during the week.

They'll get you a lis.

For now, though, I imagine it's about time for me to head back and get ready for the dinner. What's everybody been doing in my absence? By that I mean Mya, Ser Martyn and my two hedge knights?

When you get back, you find that Mya's been catching up with Myranda while Martyn and the two young hedge knights have been boozing it up with the house knights and regaling with their and your achievements down in King's Landing and the adventures had between there and the Vale.

You got enough time to visit either Mya and Myranda or the Knights.

Psyckosama wrote:"Don't fuck up, boy."

no pressure then...

He is... and he's one of the most foul tempered beasts you've ever met. Seriously, saddling Myranda's brother would be less of a brother than this bloody horse.

I ain't giving up.

Probably the OTHER reason he was willing to give you the damned animal.

Heh

Your master has but one question for you... "Where the fuck were you hiding this, boy?"

I shrug, same place I was hiding the asskicking I gave the Hill men.

You do rather well, all things considered. And most of "all things" boils down to "that fucking horse".

In other news you find out that the horse is actually named "Motherfucker"...

[sarcasm]You wonder why... [/sarcasm]

Heh, this horse has fire, if you can control it then you've got one the BEST horses around. I WILL train this damn horse if it's the last thing I do!

Stiff nod. Anyways, a few days later most of the knights are heading out to go to the tournament in King's Landing. You and your master are heading with them, so are Lyn Corbray and Mychel Redfort. As well as Myranda and her brother. Mya is with you and seems excited to see the outside world. She's also all but claimed the gear that you got from Lord Nestor. Her excuse is the road is dangerous and its better to ride armed. She pretty much punched you in the arm until you gave in.

I won't begrudge her, but some people WILL be looking at her funny once we get to King's Landing. So she might want to pack at least ONE dress.

Everyone else is cracking jokes about you "squiring" your crazy sister. Even Mychel seems to have a laugh about it, though he's also taken to giving her tips... though you don't know if its authentic interest or they're looking for excuses to press up against each other.

I will likely be staring at him so hard whenever's he's with Mya that I'll be burning holes into his clothing.

And so you head out from the Eyrie to the Bloody Gate, then the King's Road, then King's Landing.

Roll a d100.

With my father's leave, I allow them to examine the weapons.

He grants it and the fighting men who hold the axes are very impressed by their make and balance, absolutely perfect for an axe. Whoever made them was a master smith of legendary skill, it wasn't just the metal.

Good. I'm pleased. In fact in passing that were it up to me I'd have him posthumously stripped of his knighthood.

More nods, and more mental notes.

I might talk to the chefs a bit about some ideas... I'd like to recreate Tabasco sauce if at all possible. I see a great value for it as a condiment for armies on the movie. A little spice will make up for a world of evils.

Also, I need fucking Hot Wings...

Well when you get the chance the next day, they'll see what could be done.

No reaction to shockingly genial treatment of servants? Most are seen as nonexistent at best... almost part of the furniture. My character on the whole always says "please" and "thank you" and generally is respectful to them even going as far as to learn names. This is something big with him, and probably one of his more immediately seen quirks. Robert probably gets it more than anyone considering his mother was a serving girl. Others might not.

Anyways, I look at Robert and tell him not to drink but gargle it and use it to rinse out his mouth before swallowing.

Then I probably go back to eating something so spiced that the scent would make you tear up.

It's noted but considering you were born a bastard you might have natural rapport with them, elevated status or not. They don't say that but you can guess pretty easily that's what they're thinking.

He takes your advice and he DOES seem to be doing better, the spices in the air still make his eyes and nose run a bit but it's now controllable.

Heh.

Well after while a minstrel steps up and proclaims he's taking any suggestions or themes and seeing as you and Robert are the VIPs here you get first call.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:01 am

Brian Boru wrote:
no pressure then...

ITs simply instructions.

I ain't giving up.

Oh really...

I shrug, same place I was hiding the asskicking I gave the Hill men.

"Well, you've gotten better since then. A lot better."

Heh, this horse has fire, if you can control it then you've got one the BEST horses around.  I WILL train this damn horse if it's the last thing I do!

Strong words...

d100

I won't begrudge her, but some people WILL be looking at her funny once we get to King's Landing.  So she might want to pack at least ONE dress.

She's packed a number actually... her nicest. She's not going to be in the torny (unless someone will squire her between now and then) so she better look her best.

I will likely be staring at him so hard whenever's he's with Mya that I'll be burning holes into his clothing.

Heh.

Roll a d100.

Well, your passage through the Vail is without as much as a rainy day and you arrive in the Riverlands days ahead of time.

During one night your party is staying at an inn you decide to go for a walk.

While you do, you hear the sound of fighting in the distance. Its very faint and you doubt anyone else could have heard it, but you've always had the best ears...

He grants it and the fighting men who hold the axes are very impressed by their make and balance, absolutely perfect for an axe.  Whoever made them was a master smith of legendary skill, it wasn't just the metal.

I then tell their story.

More nods, and more mental notes.

Very nice...

Well when you get the chance the next day, they'll see what could be done.

Cool.

Hotwings are simply. A viniger based hot sauce mixed with butter covering chicken wings.

It's noted but considering you were born a bastard you might have natural rapport with them, elevated status or not.  They don't say that but you can guess pretty easily that's what they're thinking.

Actually, fair enough. And quite true.

That said, a good rapport with the servants has its advantages.

He takes your advice and he DOES seem to be doing better, the spices in the air still make his eyes and nose run a bit but it's now controllable.

"Father, bear with it. Buy the time we leave for the Stormslands you'll be ordering them to send cuttings forward to Kings Landing that you may have fresh peppers for cooking upon your return."

Well after while a minstrel steps up and proclaims he's taking any suggestions or themes and seeing as you and Robert are the VIPs here you get first call.

General theme I look for is generally I show respect for my hosts.

Though I do crack a joke. "Father, I don't care if you're the bloody king. You're not requesting Barnacle Byll..."

That said, afterwards I do socialize with everyone and even introduce Edric to my sister, Bella.

The Dornish probably treat her with MUCH more respect than the folks in the Reach did.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:48 am

Brian Boru wrote:Oh really....

"Well, I was considering what arguments I could make when I first had the idea of seducing you two away from here," I offer wryly, aplomb somewhat restored. "Then I realized that one, I really like books myself, and two, it's an investment into the future health of my sister and myself."

They'll get you a lis.

If it's all reasonable

You got enough time to visit either Mya and Myranda or the Knights.

I'll have time enough to rub shoulders and chew the fat with the Knights during morning constitutionals anyway, and while it was chiefly Mya who was Myrri's partner in crime I definitely want to at least say hello before the evening's entertainment. She was a good friend to us after all.

And if I'm ever confronted with the fact that it seems as though I spend excessive amounts of time chasing after skirts, I've always got the "I'd argue but they're just so much more pleasant to look at than you lot" card to play. ^^
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:ITs simply instructions.

Heh

Oh really...

...i hate it when you do that...

"Well, you've gotten better since then. A lot better."

"Might mean I'll do alright at the tourney then."

Strong words...

d100

She's packed a number actually... her nicest. She's not going to be in the torny (unless someone will squire her between now and then) so she better look her best.

Right then.

Well, your passage through the Vail is without as much as a rainy day and you arrive in the Riverlands days ahead of time.

Excellent.

During one night your party is staying at an inn you decide to go for a walk.

While you do, you hear the sound of fighting in the distance. Its very faint and you doubt anyone else could have heard it, but you've always had the best ears...

Sighing I check to see if I'm armed, then if I can run it I'll dash out to see what's going on. If not then I'll get Motherfucker and head out for it. Once I'm able to hear it properly I'll sneak as close as I can to the fight and see what's going on first before I go screaming in like a Hill man.

I then tell their story.

More than one person feels that it's a sign from the gods. Obviously showing their favor.

Very nice...

Heh

Cool.

Hotwings are simply. A viniger based hot sauce mixed with butter covering chicken wings.

Samples will be tried next meal.

Actually, fair enough. And quite true.

That said, a good rapport with the servants has its advantages.

They guess...though they're not completely convinced.

"Father, bear with it. Buy the time we leave for the Stormslands you'll be ordering them to send cuttings forward to Kings Landing that you may have fresh peppers for cooking upon your return."

The mutter under his beard that you catch but no one else does is more caustic than the worst pepper you've ever come across.

General theme I look for is generally I show respect for my hosts.

Well he picks one from the days when dorne was still divided among multiple princedoms, this one a starcrossed lovers tale. However family loyalty wins out in the girl and when her lover comes again she slices his throat while he sleeps beside her after proposing to her and her accepting to lull him into false security, and presents his head to her father like a dutiful daughter, NO TEARS OR REGRETS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM WHATSOEVER, the girl's father then attacked her former lover's family's holding and torched everything and killed everyone, NO TEARS OR REGRETS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM WHATSOEVER...not a popular song, it MUST be based on a true tale to have survived in the form it did. You do note that judging from the names the girl was likely a Reachwoman while the man was Dornish.

Though I do crack a joke. "Father, I don't care if you're the bloody king. You're not requesting Barnacle Byll..."

That makes milk come out of his nose.

That said, afterwards I do socialize with everyone and even introduce Edric to my sister, Bella.

The Dornish probably treat her with MUCH more respect than the folks in the Reach did.

Well she still gets more respect because of her brother and father, being the bastard daughter of a whore is NOT a positive trait even in Dornish eyes, Bella isn't sure WHAT to do and is pale and trembling the entire night.

Rieverre wrote:"Well, I was considering what arguments I could make when I first had the idea of seducing you two away from here," I offer wryly, aplomb somewhat restored. "Then I realized that one, I really like books myself, and two, it's an investment into the future health of my sister and myself."

They raise eyebrows at your choice of words especially considering the verbal brain fart you'd just said moments before. But they agree.

If it's all reasonable

Fairly so, supplies for two women travelling, and nothing even remotely bank breaking.

I'll have time enough to rub shoulders and chew the fat with the Knights during morning constitutionals anyway, and while it was chiefly Mya who was Myrri's partner in crime I definitely want to at least say hello before the evening's entertainment. She was a good friend to us after all.

When you meet the girls, they're in Myranda's room, when she sees you Myranda almost rushes to greet you apparently she'd been holding this in since you got back to the Vale, Mya's been telling her everything that's happened. She's very proud of your accomplishments and is half terrified-half relieved about the other things that have happened on the road to King's landing and their outcomes.

And if I'm ever confronted with the fact that it seems as though I spend excessive amounts of time chasing after skirts, I've always got the "I'd argue but they're just so much more pleasant to look at than you lot" card to play. ^^

Well Mya's your sister, and Myranda seems to be fond of you and is one hell of a looker so there isn't much frowning though there are a joke or two about you and Myranda having some sordid affair. Nothing serious or you'd have already been in serious shit.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:29 am

Brian Boru wrote:They raise eyebrows at your choice of words especially considering the verbal brain fart you'd just said moments before. But they agree.

Well, it was intentional. If I couldn't laugh at my own missteps there'd be something very wrong with me.

Fairly so, supplies for two women travelling, and nothing even remotely bank breaking.

Shiny. Fund it.

When you meet the girls, they're in Myranda's room, when she sees you Myranda almost rushes to greet you apparently she'd been holding this in since you got back to the Vale, Mya's been telling her everything that's happened.  She's very proud of your accomplishments and is half terrified-half relieved about the other things that have happened on the road to King's landing and their outcomes.

"I'd like to think it's taken care of, but I have my doubts given the enemies I've likely made. Still, Mya is watching my back, I'm watching hers," I shrug and smile. "We should be alright."

If Mya isn't finished regaling her with stories about our time in King's Landing, I pitch in with the telling.

Well Mya's your sister, and Myranda seems to be fond of you and is one hell of a looker so there isn't much frowning though there are a joke or two about you and Myranda having some sordid affair.  Nothing serious or you'd have already been in serious shit.

It's about as serious as the comment I made that spawned it. Put enough men at arms together and either banter will happen or they'll start killing one-another.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:...i hate it when you do that...

Cool 

"Might mean I'll do alright at the tourney then."

"Boy, you might win.

You frustrate the hell out of the damned animal. You're still alive!

Right then.

She does cough though if she could be trained by the time they get to kings landing and someone would take her on as a squire...

Said a bit more loudly than maybe she "should have". Wink Wink.

Sighing I check to see if I'm armed, then if I can run it I'll dash out to see what's going on.  If not then I'll get Motherfucker and head out for it.  Once I'm able to hear it properly I'll sneak as close as I can to the fight and see what's going on first before I go screaming in like a Hill man.

You run if faster than you would on any horse and you come across a young man dressed in noble dress with the image of a plowman on one breast standing in front of a attractive young woman, and against a half a dozen rough looking men. He's wounded and she's terrified. One of their number is already dead.

More than one person feels that it's a sign from the gods.  Obviously showing their favor.

I smile a bit. "A man can do but what he believes is right. I believe Old or Seven, it doesn't matter which face you place on the, all that matters is that you live your live standing tall and living well, dedicating yourself to what brings succor and comfort to your fellow man, and standing against that which brings pain and suffering."

Samples will be tried next meal.

OH YEAH! Very Happy

They guess...though they're not completely convinced.

"I'll put it this way... it never hurts to be polite to the people who serve your food and shave your neck."

The mutter under his beard that you catch but no one else does is more caustic than the worst pepper you've ever come across.

I laugh.

Well he picks one from the days when dorne was still divided among multiple princedoms, this one a starcrossed lovers tale.  However family loyalty wins out in the girl and when her lover comes again she slices his throat while he sleeps beside her after proposing to her and her accepting to lull him into false security, and presents his head to her father like a dutiful daughter, NO TEARS OR REGRETS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM WHATSOEVER, the girl's father then attacked her former lover's family's holding and torched everything and killed everyone, NO TEARS OR REGRETS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM WHATSOEVER...not a popular song, it MUST be based on a true tale to have survived in the form it did.  You do note that judging from the names the girl was likely a Reachwoman while the man was Dornish.

Seriously, were they NUTS?

You need but name them Cersei and Tywin.

And they played that infront of the KING who was almost assasnated by the loony bitch.

Was this a warning, a threat, a mistake, and is robert going to flip his shit?  Shocked 

That makes milk come out of his nose.

I grin.

Well she still gets more respect because of her brother and father, being the bastard daughter of a whore is NOT a positive trait even in Dornish eyes, Bella isn't sure WHAT to do and is pale and trembling the entire night.

It's not a positive one, but they won't hate her for it.

"Be yourself, Bella. Smile and stand proud that you are you and there can only ever be one you."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Rieverre wrote:Well, it was intentional. If I couldn't laugh at my own missteps there'd be something very wrong with me.

Ah

Shiny. Fund it.

And done.

"I'd like to think it's taken care of, but I have my doubts given the enemies I've likely made. Still, Mya is watching my back, I'm watching hers," I shrug and smile. "We should be alright."

She's very glad for the two of you though she wishes the both of you weren't leaving. She'll miss the both of you. She doesn't look particularly pleased about something.

If Mya isn't finished regaling her with stories about our time in King's Landing, I pitch in with the telling.

Well she hasn't heard about the thug you mauled when you went to visit Anna and Hennah.

It's about as serious as the comment I made that spawned it. Put enough men at arms together and either banter will happen or they'll start killing one-another.

HAH!

Psyckosama wrote:"Boy, you might win.

"An wouldn't that be something?"

You frustrate the hell out of the damned animal. You're still alive!

HA! TAKE THAT! I'M GONNA GET THIS BASTARD TO DO WHAT I TELL HIM! COME HELL OR HIGH WATER!

She does cough though if she could be trained by the time they get to kings landing and someone would take her on as a squire...

Said a bit more loudly than maybe she "should have". Wink Wink.

Uggh...

You run if faster than you would on any horse and you come across a young man dressed in noble dress with the image of a plowman on one breast standing in front of a attractive young woman, and against a half a dozen rough looking men. He's wounded and she's terrified. One of their number is already dead.

If I can find a fair sized Stone I hurl it baseball style and nail one of the thugs in the head, then I come howling out of the woods shrieking like a demon and basically get to work. If no stone then I do the rest. I DO make sure I leave one of them alive for questioning.

While I've got the one pinned down I dip my head and say, "Good Evening milord. Seems a bit of an odd place for a Darry to be out alone this late at night?"

If he asks who I am I say, "I'm Durren Stone milord. Squire to Ser Martyn Lancet, Sworn sword of Lord Nestor Royce, Steward of the Vale. My master and I are on our way to King's Landing for the prince's Nameday tourney. I was taking a walk out from the inn we were staying at when I heard this...commotion and I decided to help. If you want you can come with me to the inn to get that looked at. Or if you've got somewhere else you can get help then I'll take you there."

I smile a bit. "A man can do but what he believes is right. I believe Old or Seven, it doesn't matter which face you place on the, all that matters is that you live your live standing tall and living well, dedicating yourself to what brings succor and comfort to your fellow man, and standing against that which brings pain and suffering."

....seriously WHAT'S WITH EVERYONE BEING A PHILOSOPHER ON THIS SITE!?!?!?!?! Razz 

That seems a bit flippant about faith to some people and you swear you feel a slight bit of perturbed heat from that pendant you're wearing.

OH YEAH! Very Happy

heh

"I'll put it this way... it never hurts to be polite to the people who serve your food and shave your neck."

Point.

I laugh.

"you would"

Seriously, were they NUTS?

You need but name them Cersei and Tywin.

And they played that infront of the KING who was almost assasnated by the loony bitch.

Was this a warning, a threat, a mistake, and is robert going to flip his shit?  Shocked 

More the Minstrel likes the song, it's a dig at how women North of Dorne are seen as puppets of their fathers. (Even though if this was before the Rhoynar invasion then these folk would have been just as Andalic as any Reachman. Robert lines it up as a "there but the grace of the gods go I" sort of thing and isn't offended. The Minstrel is led out pretty quick and some musicians get a jaunty dancing tune up immediately.

It's not a positive one, but they won't hate her for it.

"Be yourself, Bella. Smile and stand proud that you are you and there can only ever be one you."

Well she relaxes a bit but this is still an overwhelming situation here.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She's very glad for the two of you though she wishes the both of you weren't leaving.  She'll miss the both of you.  She doesn't look particularly pleased about something.

I consider not mentioning it for a moment, seeing as while I've been friendly with Myranda it's really Mya who's consistently been her _friend_ ... but then I'd be kicking myself all the way back to the Crownlands if I didn't.

"You seem troubled," I finally say, nudging Mya who's bound to have noticed as well. "I think I'm obligated to visit severe bodily harm on whatever the cause for that is? Well, unless it's me doing something stupid in which case Mya will be the one to deliver."

Well she hasn't heard about the thug you mauled when you went to visit Anna and Hennah.

She's covered a lot then, if the only part she's not done is what happened since we came back to the Vale. Well, she probably hasn't gone over the part where we were caught out by the rain in King's Landing and ended up ducking into a brothel, but I have a feeling there'd be a skillet to the head in my future if I mentioned _that_.

... actually, yeah, Mya and Myranda are close enough for Myranda to be aware of my visits with Anna and Hennah, so I can mention having mauled a thug. And a presumptuous lordling. It seems to be something of a theme.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"An wouldn't that be something?"

"Just remember who trained ya when you're hob-nobbing with your old man."

HA!  TAKE THAT!  I'M GONNA GET THIS BASTARD TO DO WHAT I TELL HIM! COME HELL OR HIGH WATER!

You swear, this horse is the physical incarnation of spite.

Uggh...

Hint hint.

If I can find a fair sized Stone I hurl it baseball style and nail one of the thugs in the head, then I come howling out of the woods shrieking like a demon and basically get to work.  If no stone then I do the rest.  I DO make sure I leave one of them alive for questioning.

Well, I'd make you roll for it but... well... roll for it. D10.

You win, I just want to see the nature of the medical emergency.

While I've got the one pinned down I dip my head and say, "Good Evening milord.  Seems a bit of an odd place for a Darry to be out alone this late at night?"

The girl turns an interesting shade of scarlet and he puts an arm around her. She seems to be one of the small folk. Well dressed for a commoner, but still a commoner.

"I am Draymun Darry, son of Lord Raymun Darry. I'd like to know the name of the man who saved my life."

[quote]If he asks who I am I say, "I'm Durren Stone milord.  Squire to Ser Martyn Lancet, Sworn sword of Lord Nestor Royce, Steward of the Vale.  My master and I are on our way to King's Landing for the prince's Nameday tourney.  I was taking a walk out from the inn we were staying at when I heard this...commotion and I decided to help.  If you want you can come with me to the inn to get that looked at.  Or if you've got somewhere else you can get help then I'll take you there."[quote]

They share a look there's a little discomfort in it. You get the feeling they were not supposed to be out there.

....seriously WHAT'S WITH EVERYONE BEING A PHILOSOPHER ON THIS SITE!?!?!?!?! Razz 

That seems a bit flippant about faith to some people and you swear you feel a slight bit of perturbed heat from that pendant you're wearing.

I think you misunderstand me. I was basically stating that in the end the gods all ask the same of you. Be good, be honorable, and be true. Love each other and stand for what is right. The minutia isn't as important as the central message but all too often people get so tired up in the details that they miss the point: Be good to one another. Protect one another. Love one another.

Point.

"And I could go on for hours about how many of your secrets they probably know. How often have you, say, ordered for a glass of wine while discussing something of the utmost secrecy?"

"you would"

"I'll bet you twenty dragons."

More the Minstrel likes the song, it's a dig at how women North of Dorne are seen as puppets of their fathers.  (Even though if this was before the Rhoynar invasion then these folk would have been just as Andalic as any Reachman.  Robert lines it up as a "there but the grace of the gods go I" sort of thing and isn't offended.  The Minstrel is led out pretty quick and some musicians get a jaunty dancing tune up immediately.

Oh, I do mention I agree that the treatment of women to the north is appalling and I personally agree with the Rhoynar tradition.

I also offer to tell a story and encourage some musical accompaniment.

It's one I heard long, long ago... its a story of a far distant land in an age long past. Before even the Age of Heroes and the Battle for the Dawn when magic was strong and being ancient and terrible walked the earth and men did tremble...

I'd like to tell them the story of The Lord of the Rings...

God bless my photographic recall... Smile

Well she relaxes a bit but this is still an overwhelming situation here.

Believe in me who believes in you! Very Happy

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Rieverre wrote:I consider not mentioning it for a moment, seeing as while I've been friendly with Myranda it's really Mya who's consistently been her _friend_ ... but then I'd be kicking myself all the way back to the Crownlands if I didn't.

"You seem troubled," I finally say, nudging Mya who's bound to have noticed as well. "I think I'm obligated to visit severe bodily harm on whatever the cause for that is? Well, unless it's me doing something stupid in which case Mya will be the one to deliver."

She hmms and haws a bit but she eventually says that her father's been lining up marriage propositions for her....and the one at the front of the running is an older man who's so overweight she's convinced his heart'd give out if he got hard....

She's covered a lot then, if the only part she's not done is what happened since we came back to the Vale. Well, she probably hasn't gone over the part where we were caught out by the rain in King's Landing and ended up ducking into a brothel, but I have a feeling there'd be a skillet to the head in my future if I mentioned _that_.

indeed....

... actually, yeah, Mya and Myranda are close enough for Myranda to be aware of my visits with Anna and Hennah, so I can mention having mauled a thug. And a presumptuous lordling. It seems to be something of a theme.

She chuckles at that, and wonders if that's going to be your greeting every time with them.

Psyckosama wrote:"Just remember who trained ya when you're hob-nobbing with your old man."

"And when everyone sees how well you taught me, everyone and their mother will be beating down the door to higher you as their sons' trainer."

You swear, this horse is the physical incarnation of spite.

And I imagine the thing's pure sex when running.

Hint hint.

"....one of these days I HAVE to learn how to say no....alright but you're keeping your head wrapped, if anyone asks then you've got some godsawful pox scars."

Well, I'd make you roll for it but... well... roll for it. D10.

You win, I just want to see the nature of the medical emergency.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

The girl turns an interesting shade of scarlet and he puts an arm around her. She seems to be one of the small folk. Well dressed for a commoner, but still a commoner.

Ah it's like that huh?

"I am Draymun Darry, son of Lord Raymun Darry. I'd like to know the name of the man who saved my life."

See above.

They share a look there's a little discomfort in it. You get the feeling they were not supposed to be out there.

"Ah I see then...we'll let's get that wound patched up, then we get the young girl home, get you patched up and as far as I'm concerned you two were never here together."

I think you misunderstand me. I was basically stating that in the end the gods all ask the same of you. Be good, be honorable, and be true. Love each other and stand for what is right. The minutia isn't as important as the central message but all too often people get so tired up in the details that they miss the point: Be good to one another. Protect one another. Love one another.

Ah right then. Simple words but amazingly hard to live by them it seems sometimes.

"And I could go on for hours about how many of your secrets they probably know. How often have you, say, ordered for a glass of wine while discussing something of the utmost secrecy?"

Well when you put it that way.

"I'll bet you twenty dragons."

Fool's bet.

Oh, I do mention I agree that the treatment of women to the north is appalling and I personally agree with the Rhoynar tradition.

Snort.

I also offer to tell a story and encourage some musical accompaniment.

It's one I heard long, long ago... its a story of a far distant land in an age long past. Before even the Age of Heroes and the Battle for the Dawn when magic was strong and being ancient and terrible walked the earth and men did tremble...

I'd like to tell them the story of The Lord of the Rings...

God bless my photographic recall... Smile

It's an entertaining story, what you manage to tell them that night and the feast goes pretty well overall.

Believe in me who believes in you! Very Happy

That get's her giggling.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"And when everyone sees how well you taught me, everyone and their mother will be beating down the door to higher you as their sons' trainer."

He laughs. "There is that."

And I imagine the thing's pure sex when running.

More like a the living incarnation of rage targeted at the enemy.

Seriously, this horse is basically nihilistic spite made flesh

"....one of these days I HAVE to learn how to say no....alright but you're keeping your head wrapped, if anyone asks then you've got some godsawful pox scars."

"Of course. Though we could see about getting me a proper helmet..."

Well fuck.

Basically this battle puts the stomp into curb stomp. You don't kill any of them. You don't HAVE to kill any of them.

The first comes screaming at you and you... well...

Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place.

Amen

And for them, it only goes down hill from there...

More seriously you pretty much find them to be a really sorry lot indeed. Though coming from a kid who hunted Burned Men in the woods, it takes a lot to get your attention as much as challenge you.

Ah it's like that huh?

Yep.

"Ah I see then...we'll let's get that wound patched up, then we get the young girl home, get you patched up and as far as I'm concerned you two were never here together."

"You have my thanks good Ser..." he looks at her, "But I believe its time to come honest with our fathers."

"Draymun..."

"I don't care. The old men can fuck themselves..."

He seems to have fire.

THen he looks to you. "And you, friend, will be rewarded for your courage. Of this I give my word and honor."

Ah right then.  Simple words but amazingly hard to live by them it seems sometimes.

But you must always try. And if you fail, then pick youself up and keep trying.

Humans are flawed, imperfect creatures... but what has always defined us is the quest for perfection. The desire to better ourselves and those around us.

Well when you put it that way.

*smug*

Fool's bet.

"Am I ever wrong?" Very Happy

Snort.

"I'm dead serious. Serious enough that when I become king I intend to do away with Aegon II's law..."

It's an entertaining story, what you manage to tell them that night and the feast goes pretty well overall.

And a long one. But in general I'm sure everyone has a good night.

So, day after? That Night? and/or move on?

That get's her giggling.

That's the spirit...  Very Happy 

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:44 pm

Brian Boru wrote:She hmms and haws a bit but she eventually says that her father's been lining up marriage propositions for her....and the one at the front of the running is an older man who's so overweight she's convinced his heart'd give out if he got hard....

... well ... that's just awkward in so many ways ...

"That's the one part of being born on the right side of the sheets that I'll never envy. I suppose we could always concoct a story that has you sending any suitors my way with the requirement of besting me in savage combat before they're allowed to court you?" I say, half-joking but actually considering it as well. Then I snicker. "Of course, we could have a whirlwind romance and elope, but I expect nobody'll who actually knows me will buy that, and that sadly includes your father. Nevermind never hearing the end of it from mine. Or Mya. Or the bookends."

She chuckles at that, and wonders if that's going to be your greeting every time with them.

"It might have been. The world works in strange and sometimes ridiculous ways ... but I actually ended up offering them a job. So if it does happen again I'm within my right to make a statement and message of the next idiot."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:08 pm

Psyckosama wrote:He laughs. "There is that."

I share the laugh.

More like a the living incarnation of rage targeted at the enemy.

Seriously, this horse is basically nihilistic spite made flesh

Even better now to teach the fucker how to LISTEN!

"Of course. Though we could see about getting me a proper helmet..."

"We'll see what we can do."

Well fuck.

Basically this battle puts the stomp into curb stomp. You don't kill any of them. You don't HAVE to kill any of them.

The first comes screaming at you and you... well...

Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place.

Amen

And for them, it only goes down hill from there...

More seriously you pretty much find them to be a really sorry lot indeed. Though coming from a kid who hunted Burned Men in the woods, it takes a lot to get your attention as much as challenge you.

I'll make sure to kick one over and question him. If this was just a pack of thugs or if this was anything more sinister.

"You have my thanks good Ser..." he looks at her, "But I believe its time to come honest with our fathers."

"Draymun..."

"I don't care. The old men can fuck themselves..."

He seems to have fire.

THen he looks to you. "And you, friend, will be rewarded for your courage. Of this I give my word and honor."

Not my place to say anything, I don't know anything about the situation though I privately wish them luck, love's a hard thing to find in this and far be it from me to judge where one finds it.

"You're too kind milord. But first things first. Let's get the both of you safe and taken care of." I follow them to where they need to go.

But you must always try. And if you fail, then pick youself up and keep trying.

Humans are flawed, imperfect creatures... but what has always defined us is the quest for perfection. The desire to better ourselves and those around us.

Indeed.

"Am I ever wrong?" Very Happy

Not yet so far.

"I'm dead serious. Serious enough that when I become king I intend to do away with Aegon II's law..."

Blinks all around.

And a long one. But in general I'm sure everyone has a good night.

So, day after? That Night? and/or move on?

Day after. The night is uneventful. You're leaving the next day so is there anything you wish to do here. There's always the Starfall itself to visit.

That's the spirit...  Very Happy 

Heh

Rieverre wrote:... well ... that's just awkward in so many ways ...

"That's the one part of being born on the right side of the sheets that I'll never envy. I suppose we could always concoct a story that has you sending any suitors my way with the requirement of besting me in savage combat before they're allowed to court you?" I say, half-joking but actually considering it as well. Then I snicker. "Of course, we could have a whirlwind romance and elope, but I expect nobody'll who actually knows me will buy that, and that sadly includes your father. Nevermind never hearing the end of it from mine. Or Mya. Or the bookends."

Myranda giggles a bit at the first though not nearly as much at the second, and Mya kind of gives you the eye for a second.

"It might have been. The world works in strange and sometimes ridiculous ways ... but I actually ended up offering them a job. So if it does happen again I'm within my right to make a statement and message of the next idiot."

"Indeed."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Brian Boru wrote:I share the laugh.

Good moment with you too... and he's treating you like an equal these days and not asking you to do shit work anymore.

The way he sees it is these days your being his squire is pretty much a fiction you're maintain to prank the king.

Even better now to teach the fucker how to LISTEN!

He hates you most of all.

"We'll see what we can do."

Insane smile. And its one you know well you make yourself way too often.

I'll make sure to kick one over and question him.  If this was just a pack of thugs or if this was anything more sinister.

d10! Very Happy

Not my place to say anything, I don't know anything about the situation though I privately wish them luck, love's a hard thing to find in this and far be it from me to judge where one finds it.

Heh.

"You're too kind milord.  But first things first.  Let's get the both of you safe and taken care of."  I follow them to where they need to go.

They head to the keep. His father is outraged to see her but he quickly explains the situation and the man goes bone white. Then he looks over to you and looks you over and scowls somewhat.

Then he smiles. "You saved my son and heir. My house and I are in your debt."

Not yet so far.

Smug.

Blinks all around.

Is that a shocked blink or a WTF is that blink.

Day after.  The night is uneventful.  You're leaving the next day so is there anything you wish to do here.  There's always the Starfall itself to visit.

I'd like to visit starfall, but can we also move on?

Basically start a second event line while I finish up here.

IF need be...

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Myranda giggles a bit at the first though not nearly as much at the second, and Mya kind of gives you the eye for a second.

Well, both Mya and Myranda ought to know better than most that the words 'Gabriel Stone' and 'romance' are about as likely to go together as a Tywin Lannister is to have his life and accomplishments feted in Dorne.

"Just remember Mya and I are only a raven away, and if you need us we'll come running," I finally say, before moving on to less heavy topics. Like relating, with pantomime and no small bit of amusement, Mya's bout of dress intoxication.

It's probably going to be time for the evening's entertainment before too long, so I'll take my leave citing the necessity of getting ready and not showing up in mostly traveling clothes and armor. I'll get myself squared away, washed up, and put on the Vale-colors outfit I used for the feasts at the Red Keep.

Then I'll actually go do something gallant for once and show up again to escort Myranda (and also little sister) to the goings on.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Good moment with you too... and he's treating you like an equal these days and not asking you to do shit work anymore.

The way he sees it is these days your being his squire is pretty much a fiction you're maintain to prank the king.

Heh nice.

He hates you most of all.

We'll have to work on that.

Insane smile. And its one you know well you make yourself way too often.

Gods give me strength....

d10! Very Happy

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

Let's whack the info pinata.

They head to the keep. His father is outraged to see her but he quickly explains the situation and the man goes bone white. Then he looks over to you and looks you over and scowls somewhat.

Then he smiles. "You saved my son and heir. My house and I are in your debt."

"It was only the right thing to do milord. But I was glad to do it. Low-lives like what attacked your son always need to be dealt with quickly and thoroughly."

So what do I do now? Go back to the inn and tell the others where I am?

Blinks all around.

Is that a shocked blink or a WTF is that blink.[/quote]

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I'd like to visit starfall, but can we also move on?

Basically start a second event line while I finish up here.

IF need be...

Well when you get there, it a large hole in the ground with a small shrine at the center. No one is sure to who or what the shrine was dedicated to but there it is. Most pray to the seven if at all. Though every blade of the Morning visits this place every so often. A sort of memorial of all who wielded the thing.

Well riding from Starfall you head South West. The weather is relatively pleasant...until you hit the desert proper. While the road you follow is loaded with small springs, the head is fucking horrifying, even for you.

Rieverre wrote:Well, both Mya and Myranda ought to know better than most that the words 'Gabriel Stone' and 'romance' are about as likely to go together as a Tywin Lannister is to have his life and accomplishments feted in Dorne.

Doesn't mean that she doesn't crush on you....oops...

"Just remember Mya and I are only a raven away, and if you need us we'll come running," I finally say, before moving on to less heavy topics. Like relating, with pantomime and no small bit of amusement, Mya's bout of dress intoxication.

She seems to take heart at that though.

And you do manage to get her laughing again.

It's probably going to be time for the evening's entertainment before too long, so I'll take my leave citing the necessity of getting ready and not showing up in mostly traveling clothes and armor. I'll get myself squared away, washed up, and put on the Vale-colors outfit I used for the feasts at the Red Keep.

Right then.

Then I'll actually go do something gallant for once and show up again to escort Myranda (and also little sister) to the goings on.

The two of them look absolutely lovely. You notice that plenty of the Sell-Swords and men-at-arms look more than a little jealous. Mya quickly goes to see Mychel.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Doesn't mean that she doesn't crush on you....oops...

Ouch. Well, to be fair, I'm more than dense enough at times to have been able to miss that. Though Mya's moments of being exasperated with something suddenly make more sense.

Sadly, unless I do something even more stupidly heroic and/or make more of a name for myself in some other way, it's unlikely to go anywhere. Well, okay, I guess I could just take my winnings, steal her and try and make a life for myself in Essos, but given the obligations I've taken on that isn't likely to happen.

The two of them look absolutely lovely.  You notice that plenty of the Sell-Swords and men-at-arms look more than a little jealous.

I might be feeling just a little smug at that? Well, they can be jealous all they want, one of the fortunate things to have come out of the tournament is the reputation of someone not to be fucked with. For the most part, I greet the ones I know and then pay just enough attention to avoid unexpected surprises while being preoccupied with keeping Myranda company.

Mya quickly goes to see Mychel.

Long as she remembered to come armed ^^.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:53 am

Brian Boru wrote:Heh nice.

Yep.

We'll have to work on that.

That or one shall stand, one shall fall... :p

Gods give me strength....

Kinda sucks to be on the other end doesn't it?

Let's whack the info pinata.

You hear some blubbering about not being paid enough for this...

"It was only the right thing to do milord.  But I was glad to do it.  Low-lives like what attacked your son always need to be dealt with quickly and thoroughly."

"That may be, but I owe you a debt, Ser..."

So what do I do now?  Go back to the inn and tell the others where I am?

No, he insists you remain at the keep and actually will extend an invitation to your entire party.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I sigh and explain what I'm talking about. It's nothing more than a notoriously fat, lazy, and treasonous dragon's attempt to steal the throne from his sister who was more worthy of it in every way that matters except gender, and I don't know about them but I'd rather a wise and just queen than a cruel tyrannical king.

Well when you get there, it a large hole in the ground with a small shrine at the center.  No one is sure to who or what the shrine was dedicated to but there it is.  Most pray to the seven if at all.  Though every blade of the Morning visits this place every so often.  A sort of memorial of all who wielded the thing.

I must do some exploration! Very Happy

I'd like to examine it to see what I'm looking at.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Well riding from Starfall you head South West.  The weather is relatively pleasant...until you hit the desert proper.  While the road you follow is loaded with small springs, the head is fucking horrifying, even for you.

Dress as the locals do... and make use of wet towels and travel out of the heat of the day. And hire dornish guides who can teach us how to more without roasting alive :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Rieverre wrote:Ouch. Well, to be fair, I'm more than dense enough at times to have been able to miss that. Though Mya's moments of being exasperated with something suddenly make more sense.

Sadly, unless I do something even more stupidly heroic and/or make more of a name for myself in some other way, it's unlikely to go anywhere. Well, okay, I guess I could just take my winnings, steal her and try and make a life for myself in Essos, but given the obligations I've taken on that isn't likely to happen.

Guess so, she'll accept her fate, she only hopes the old fart croaks before their wedding day...

I might be feeling just a little smug at that? Well, they can be jealous all they want, one of the fortunate things to have come out of the tournament is the reputation of someone not to be fucked with. For the most part, I greet the ones I know and then pay just enough attention to avoid unexpected surprises while being preoccupied with keeping Myranda company.

You do look good though Myranda doesn't seem to have her heart in it.

Long as she remembered to come armed ^^.

And you're left with Myranda...who's well...you know....

Psyckosama wrote:That or one shall stand, one shall fall... :p

One of us is going to be carrying the other around and I have no plans of wearing a saddle!

Kinda sucks to be on the other end doesn't it?

UUUUUURRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

You hear some blubbering about not being paid enough for this...

"Oh really?" I pull out a knife and test the edge before running the thing along his inner leg up to he groin. "How about a new offer, tell me who hired you...and you won't lose the pillar and stones." Crude as hell but I'm a bastard, I don't have to be proper.

"That may be, but I owe you a debt, Ser..."

"Thank-you Milord."

No, he insists you remain at the keep and actually will extend an invitation to your entire party.

Ah, never mind then, I'll make sure to get the message to the others....wonder how they take this?

I sigh and explain what I'm talking about. It's nothing more than a notoriously fat, lazy, and treasonous dragon's attempt to steal the throne from his sister who was more worthy of it in every way that matters except gender, and I don't know about them but I'd rather a wise and just queen than a cruel tyrannical king.

Ah...interesting line of thought there, for a North man.

I must do some exploration! Very Happy

I'd like to examine it to see what I'm looking at.

You see a few glyphs on the thing, when you mention them, they tell you that Maesters have already tried to translate them with no luck though they look like a garbled cousin of the runes you saw in the Stag King's tomb.

Dress as the locals do... and make use of wet towels and travel out of the heat of the day. And hire dornish guides who can teach us how to more without roasting alive :p

The trek is still hell for you and some people look they might drop at one point.

Roll d10 for casualties, (low is good)
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Brian Boru wrote:One of us is going to be carrying the other around and I have no plans of wearing a saddle!

Not your fetish, eh?

UUUUUURRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Heh!

"Oh really?"  I pull out a knife and test the edge before running the thing along his inner leg up to he groin.  "How about a new offer, tell me who hired you...and you won't lose the pillar and stones."  Crude as hell but I'm a bastard, I don't have to be proper.

He was hired by one of her father's debtors!

He doesn't know any names!

"Thank-you Milord."

He smiles.

Did you introduce yourself yet?

Ah, never mind then, I'll make sure to get the message to the others....wonder how they take this?

... How the FUCK do you get into this shite, boy?

That's it. I'm not letting you out of my site until you're bloody well knighted!

That said, Myranda thinks you're gallant... and Mya's a little upset that she missed the fun... AGAIN!

Mycheal later on admits that Mya's getting to be a bit scary...

Ah...interesting line of thought there, for a North man.

"Why?" I ask with an almost droll tone, "Does tits and a box somehow cause some form of malady that negatively affects the brain?"

I steeple my hands, "Frankly I think the way that women are often treated in the north is a disgrace. Daughters are not fucking livestock to be pawned off to some stranger more than twice their age before their first blood has even dried because their father desires something shiny..."

I'm sneering at this point.

You see a few glyphs on the thing, when you mention them, they tell you that Maesters have already tried to translate them with no luck though they look like a garbled cousin of the runes you saw in the Stag King's tomb.

RUBBINGS!

Now I need another person lunatic enough to go north of the wall...

What?

The trek is still hell for you and some people look they might drop at one point.

Roll d10 for casualties, (low is good)

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum