Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Demon King...

+5
Kelenas
Brian Boru
mithril-blade
Silver Sun 17
Ironforge
9 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 7 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Brian Boru Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:02 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Thank you, master."
Heh

The Laima raises her hand. "Technically I did to..."

"Really now..."

"Map of the vents..."

They look at each other. "Not bad."
Not bad at all.

They sigh. You have to ORDER them.
Ugghhh... "Rules lawyering bologna... 'I Order you to explain just what the hell is going on here.'"

Not really.
Thought so.

One of the women, who is your classical red skinned horned winged demon grins. "We'll know when the conditions are met... and you haven't fully bound them yet..."
They can sense that?

She sees them in theroom. "One of those three... we just have to dis..."
"I said..."

She's blasted by a HUGE... what could only be called a RAY of fire...

You see her hit the wall so hard she craters. Must be immune to fire though because rather than be incinerated she's just knocked out by the kinetic impact.
"...never mind..."

"You heard the Emperor." The Dragon states. "He has ordered you to leave. Do so before I enforce his will."

She looks at you and then inside. "It seems that I have failed to prevent the infiltration of your quarters by these... harlots. My apologies sire."
I raise an eyebrow... "Not that I don't appreciate you preventing round three of accusations of cheating...but who exactly are you?

And why are you apologizing? From what I can gather they're supposed to be trying to get in here?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:05 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Kelenas wrote:"Well... fuck."
"What we have to do to prevent any more deaths."
I chuckle at that.
"Fair enough I guess."
The Laima sighs. "My guess is next time there will be a rule against premature infiltration."

They smirk.
"Well, I guess it's safe to say that as long as there's rules, people will always find a way around them somehow..."

I know I replied to that but... well... Specters. Wink
Specters?

"And I'll take this as a cue to get back to doing just that," I reply with a smirk while pulling the sisters back into my lap, once more enjoying the feel of their naked flesh against mine.
They gladly join you.
And I'm glad to have them join me. Smile

"Of course, the invitation to join us is still open..." I trailed off seductively, fixing the Lamia with my gaze as I began to nibble on Haisoksu's neck and running my fingers down her side, while using my other hand to caress Kaisho's stomach and breasts.
"You still would have me as one of your Harem?"

She smiles radiantly and moves towards the bed...
"I don't see why not..." I murmur, making sure my breath would tickle Haisoksu's neck as I speak. "After all, I just got ripped across dimensional barriers, then hit with enough pain to make me pass out for a week..." I pause to switch my attention over to Kaisho and give her a hungry kiss, "...so I'm rather intent on enjoying my new position as emperor to its fullest."
but then you hear a thunk behind it...

When you turn you see this leaning against a ledge... panting and sweating like she just ran a marathon...

snip-pic

"Okay, made it past that crazy bitch... now just to talk to the Emperor and..." she looks up and blinks. "Crap."

You smell burnt hair. Wink
I sigh and let my head hang for a moment. "This is going to keep happening every time we'll try to actually complete the ritual, isn't it...?"

With another, longer sigh I try and look over my shoulder at the newcomer, though without bothering to stop my caressing the sisters this time. "Please have a seat, introduce yourself, and tell me what's going on that you look like you've sprinted through a burning building?"
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:18 am

Brian Boru wrote:
Not bad at all.
"Thank you Sire."

Ugghhh...  "Rules lawyering bologna... 'I Order you to explain just what the hell is going on here.'"
And they do.

They can sense that?
"Part of the spell cast on every one of us. First part of the binding ritual. Once the binding is complete it dispells."

I raise an eyebrow... "Not that I don't appreciate you preventing round three of accusations of cheating...but who exactly are you?
"I am the Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon clan."

Everyone who's still standing makes themselves REALLY scarce at that one... even the sisters pale a bit.

"Dear sister."

"Yes?"

"I'm glad we chose not to take the direct route."

"I agree, my darling little sister..."

And why are you apologizing?  From what I can gather they're supposed to be trying to get in here?"
"And it was my intent to keep them out until the timer ran over so you could chose your own Handmaidens and this idiotic ritual could be put to an end..." she scowls. "And it seems I missed one."

This face pops up from behind a table.

You are the Demon King... - Page 7 VRoIOOT

"Hehehehehe..." she says in a manic tone, "I did it... I'm the one... the only one who follewed the instructions and made it anyways... hehehehehe..."

She looks like she's been through a warzone.

Kelenas wrote:"Well, I guess it's safe to say that as long as there's rules, people will always find a way around them somehow..."
"That's half the point of this."

Specters?
Mass Effect.

"I don't see why not..." I murmur, making sure my breath would tickle Haisoksu's neck as I speak. "After all, I just got ripped across dimensional barriers, then hit with enough pain to make me pass out for a week..." I pause to switch my attention over to Kaisho and give her a hungry kiss, "...so I'm rather intent on enjoying my new position as emperor to its fullest."
"You're a wise leader... wise and just..."

I sigh and let my head hang for a moment. "This is going to keep happening every time we'll try to actually complete the ritual, isn't it...?"

With another, longer sigh I try and look over my shoulder at the newcomer, though without bothering to stop my caressing the sisters this time. "Please have a seat, introduce yourself, and tell me what's going on that you look like you've sprinted through a burning building?"
She points at the door with a manic look on her face. "Dragon."

The sisters blink. "Dragon's can't become handmaidens and never would, even if they could..."

"Someone didn't tell her..."

All three girls share a look and then turn to the door.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:
Kelenas wrote:"Well, I guess it's safe to say that as long as there's rules, people will always find a way around them somehow..."
"That's half the point of this."
"I imagine it is."

Specters?
Mass Effect.
Ah. Yeah, the similarities are there.

"You're a wise leader... wise and just..."
"I know buttering up to the new boss is one of the basic rules in pretty much any hierarchy, but for the record; right now I think I'm less wise and just, and more greedy and horny," I grin without shame.

She points at the door with a manic look on her face. "Dragon."

The sisters blink. "Dragon's can't become handmaidens and never would, even if they could..."

"Someone didn't tell her..."

All three girls share a look and then turn to the door.
I pause in my caressing of the sisters and rest my face in the palms of my hands for a moment. Suddenly, the whole emperor-gig seemed a lot more headache-inducing. Still with awesome benefits - as a glance around the room reminds me - but not without troubles, either.

"Alright," I began, "this is getting ridiculous and needs to stop, right now. Lamia, please look over spider-girl here, make sure she's okay, and give her the same offer I made you; she just made her way past a napalm-breathing tank to get here so she definitely earned it. You two..." I turn towards the red oni sisters, "...are with me."

Climbing out of the bed, I offer the two of them a hand before walking with them towards the door. "With how often we keep getting interrupted, we might just as well go out there. If the three of us showing up naked doesn't put an end to this, I'll just have to take you right in front of everyone; that should get the message across."

I'm nearly growling by this point. Maybe it wasn't the best or smartest or most rational decision, but I am honestly getting a bit fed up with this. I'd accepted to become the demon emperor, which made all of the girls here my subjects, and my responsibility. And right now, they are out there, trying to injure and kill each other, over the right to become my personal slaves.

Once at the door, I open it - mindful of any fire-blasts, thrown blades, spells, or whatever other attacks that might be coming in this direction - then stepped out with Kaisho and Haisoksu under my arms.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:21 am

Kelenas wrote:"I imagine it is."
Yep.

Ah. Yeah, the similarities are there.
Quite intentionally I might add.

]"I know buttering up to the new boss is one of the basic rules in pretty much any hierarchy, but for the record; right now I think I'm less wise and just, and more greedy and horny," I grin without shame.
You're letting her have a place of honor despite a technical failure.

Wise and just enough for her...

I pause in my caressing of the sisters and rest my face in the palms of my hands for a moment. Suddenly, the whole emperor-gig seemed a lot more headache-inducing. Still with awesome benefits - as a glance around the room reminds me - but not without troubles, either.
Two naked Oni, a hopefully looking Laima, and an Arachne, medium-rare...

"Alright," I began, "this is getting ridiculous and needs to stop, right now. Lamia, please look over spider-girl here, make sure she's okay, and give her the same offer I made you; she just made her way past a napalm-breathing tank to get here so she definitely earned it. You two..." I turn towards the red oni sisters, "...are with me."
The girl looks up. "What offer."

"Concubine."

She smiles. It's honest and radiant... and then she faints dead away.

Climbing out of the bed, I offer the two of them a hand before walking with them towards the door. "With how often we keep getting interrupted, we might just as well go out there. If the three of us showing up naked doesn't put an end to this, I'll just have to take you right in front of everyone; that should get the message across."
"Or someone will try and kill us."

I'm nearly growling by this point. Maybe it wasn't the best or smartest or most rational decision, but I am honestly getting a bit fed up with this. I'd accepted to become the demon emperor, which made all of the girls here my subjects, and my responsibility. And right now, they are out there, trying to injure and kill each other, over the right to become my personal slaves.
"Master! Master! Relax! Relax!"

Once at the door, I open it - mindful of any fire-blasts, thrown blades, spells, or whatever other attacks that might be coming in this direction - then stepped out with Kaisho and Haisoksu under my arms.
You see this standing right in front of the door, blocking access...

You are the Demon King... - Page 7 9ZwYwEK

Holy shit that's big!

Tank? No. That's no tank. Calling it a tank is an understatement...

It rears back to fire a jet of flame at an oncoming enemy... then pauses, spins its head around and blinks.

"Your ma..." it begins, speaking in a very feminine voice, before it locks eyes with the sisters. "How...."

It looks inside and sees the Laima... "What..."

And then the Arachne. "I thought I killed that one...."

She sighs. "My apologies, Highness. I was attempting to hold these harlots off until the time limit ran out, so you'd be able to dispense with this idiotic game and chose those who you felt were best for the role. It seems I have failed in my self-appointed mission."

One of the larger demons, very large, very strong, kinda looks like a sexy female Balrog stands up holding a massive axe. "Those two aren't bound yet! DESTROY THEM!"

The Dragon whips around and strikes her with a fire blast so hard it looks less like fire and more like PLASMA.

When it clears the demon is on the other side of the room, groaning, half encased in a molten glass crater in the wall, the slagged remains of her axe imbedded next to her.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:00 am

Psyckosama wrote:
The girl looks up. "What offer."

"Concubine."

She smiles. It's honest and radiant... and then she faints dead away.
Aw, cute. Well, except for the fainting from pain and injuries part.
"Or someone will try and kill us."
"Not gonna let that happen, and however tries will leave this castle or realm or whatever with an imprint of my foot on their ass."

You see this standing right in front of the door, blocking access...

You are the Demon King... - Page 7 9ZwYwEK

Holy shit that's big!

Tank? No. That's no tank. Calling it a tank is an understatement...

It rears back to fire a jet of flame at an oncoming enemy... then pauses, spins its head around and blinks.

"Your ma..." it begins, speaking in a very feminine voice, before it locks eyes with the sisters. "How...."

It looks inside and sees the Laima... "What..."

And then the Arachne. "I thought I killed that one...."
Well, getting over the dragongirl's sheer size takes a bit, though thankfully it seems she's similarly distracted during that time.

She sighs. "My apologies, Highness. I was attempting to hold these harlots off until the time limit ran out, so you'd be able to dispense with this idiotic game and chose those who you felt were best for the role. It seems I have failed in my self-appointed mission."

One of the larger demons, very large, very strong, kinda looks like a sexy female Balrog stands up holding a massive axe. "Those two aren't bound yet! DESTROY THEM!"

The Dragon whips around and strikes her with a fire blast so hard it looks less like fire and more like PLASMA.

When it clears the demon is on the other side of the room, groaning, half encased in a molten glass crater in the wall, the slagged remains of her axe imbedded next to her.
"Well... I appreciate the thought..." though the bit about her willingness to kill made me a bit queasy, "and I agree that this ends now."

I fix the balrog-girl with a glare. "You. You're here to compete to become a handmaiden, yet were willing to attack these two while I, the emperor whose service you're trying to enter, was standing right next to them and might have gotten hit as well. I have no use for someone like that; leave. NOW."

I then look over the other girls one after another. "The rest of can stay here; though I've chose my handmaidens already, there might be other positions for you, depending on your talents."

Lastly, I turn to the dragongirl. "I thank you for your efforts. If possible, I would like you to join us in my room, as I would like to speak with you further."
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Thank you Sire."
Smile and nod.

And they do.
....good grief who thought up this insanity?

"Part of the spell cast on every one of us. First part of the binding ritual. Once the binding is complete it dispells."
Well ain't that convinient

"I am the Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon clan."

Everyone who's still standing makes themselves REALLY scarce at that one... even the sisters pale a bit.

"Dear sister."

"Yes?"

"I'm glad we chose not to take the direct route."

"I agree, my darling little sister..."
"Judging from everyone is scattering like cockroaches when the light is on them at the sound of your title, I'm assuming you're stupendously important and powerful. Though only a blind idiot wouldn't already come to that conclusion after watching your performance out there.....but I'm rambling here...."

I dip my head in polite respect, "It's an honor to meet your acquaintence my lady. I only wish we'd meet under more... dignified...circumstances. I'd kiss your hand but the size difference is a bit...ubsurd for that pleseantry."

"And it was my intent to keep them out until the timer ran over so you could chose your own Handmaidens and this idiotic ritual could be put to an end..." she scowls. "And it seems I missed one."
"Could we hold off more murder, mayhem, and property damage please."

This face pops up from behind a table.

You are the Demon King... - Page 7 VRoIOOT

"Hehehehehe..." she says in a manic tone, "I did it... I'm the one... the only one who follewed the instructions and made it anyways... hehehehehe..."

She looks like she's been through a warzone.
Assuming I don't see the spider part of her...

"Durability, Tenacity, and a streak of integrity...I rather like that....though not sure what I can do with you since the twins over there beat everyone else two days ahead and the Dragoness here decided that this whole competition shouldn't happen and I happen to half agree with her, if only to stop the body count...though what to do...what to do..."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Ironforge wrote:OC: True, but I expected, an I need to have my harmless fun sometimes no? Razz
Harmless is in the eye of the beholder. Wink

You know, I really should be more worried about the fact that I'm about to be the chew toy for a spider and a snake here. But really, why I can not just stop grinning here?
Probably this...

OC: Now I just need to learn how to stop the cosmic cock blocking and I'll be set.
*snicker gafaw!*

[quote]"To many to count, but to start I would like to clear somethings up that has been bothering me about all this High Priest.

As so far I think I have been able to put together the basics here, with the whole summoning a person that most likely has a good chance to become your ruler, the ritual of gaining a new ruler with throne and drinking of blood most likely of a past ruler, the fact that until one you summon can pass the tests to become a ruler you can always just summon more and all that jazz. [quote]

"A bit more complicated but reasonably accurate. When the emperor dies without male issue we must summon a new one."

But the why still eludes me. As beside a few theories of my own, like your first ruler was a outsider like me in someway and never planned for what would come after his death. Or worse yet thought that he would live forever and so designed things like his throne an other dressings of Imperial power to only be keyed to him so that his power could never be turned against him.
He and the others share a look. "Extremely accurate."

Or that there is some pact with a higher power that requires your ruler to be not of your people for a something of worth like protection, power, wealth or something else along that vein.
"Not a pact, a binding spell."

Why follow a tradition, that while may be old and important can still saddle you with a ruler that could lead your people to ruin when you already have a strong and a respectable chain of heirs with the Warlord here and her kin?"
Warlord?

"The reason is because there is no other choice. The Emperor is a mystical anchor for the realm that helps suppress some of the more... chaotic tendencies of this world. Even the last couple weeks without a sitting emperor has caused tempers to ignite. The problem is, as you said, the first Emperor was very short sighted... only the direct male offspring of the Imperial line or specific individuals summoned for their spiritual compatibility can sit on the throne, and even then there are still issues."

Rieverre wrote:"I've heard plenty about dragons ... as told of in fiction, entertainment and legend. Asking rather than making possibly ill-founded assumptions seemed like the expedient thing to do."
"They don't have dragons in your worldl?"

"Thank you, that would be most kind. Your clan has far-reaching trade relations, then?"
"We have connections with our kin on the human world."

Pause and address one of the sisters under my breath.

"By your reaction, I'm guessing she ranks you and is known to hold considerable power, even for dragon?"
"Extremely," they reply.

"She must be getting sloppy to leave so many survivors."

The dragon almost looks offended, "Actually I was attempting to moderate my use of force to lower the number of needless deaths. After all, the needless loss of skilled individuals is one of my many complaints with this foolish ritual..."

THIS is her HOLDING BACK?!

Kelenas wrote:Aw, cute. Well, except for the fainting from pain and injuries part.
She's had a long day...

"Not gonna let that happen, and however tries will leave this castle or realm or whatever with an imprint of my foot on their ass."
"They'll still try."

Well, getting over the dragongirl's sheer size takes a bit, though thankfully it seems she's similarly distracted during that time.
It looks like she's been busy.

"Well... I appreciate the thought..." though the bit about her willingness to kill made me a bit queasy, "and I agree that this ends now."
At that the various girls who are still standing start to slink off... muttering curses and venting frustration.

I fix the balrog-girl with a glare. "You. You're here to compete to become a handmaiden, yet were willing to attack these two while I, the emperor whose service you're trying to enter, was standing right next to them and might have gotten hit as well. I have no use for someone like that; leave. NOW."
I'm sorry but at this stage she's too busy drooling on herself to listen. Maybe you should wait for her to become self-aware once more?

I then look over the other girls one after another. "The rest of can stay here; though I've chose my handmaidens already, there might be other positions for you, depending on your talents."
Most have already cleared out. With the prize denied they wanted away from the 15 ton fire spitting death machine.

Lastly, I turn to the dragongirl. "I thank you for your efforts. If possible, I would like you to join us in my room, as I would like to speak with you further."
She nods and vanishes in fire, to be replaced with...

You are the Demon King... - Page 7 WekEYa3

The sisters grimace. "Your ladyship..."

Brian Boru wrote:....good grief who thought up this insanity?
The first emperor.

Well ain't that convinient
But not too convenient...

"Judging from everyone is scattering like cockroaches when the light is on them at the sound of your title, I'm assuming you're stupendously important and powerful.  Though only a blind idiot wouldn't already come to that conclusion after watching your performance out there.....but I'm rambling here...."
"Actually I was holding back to prevent needless loss of life."

I dip my head in polite respect, "It's an honor to meet your acquaintence my lady.  I only wish we'd meet under more... dignified...circumstances.  I'd kiss your hand but the size difference is a bit...ubsurd for that pleseantry."
"My apologies. One moment..."

She vanishes in a burst of fire, to be replaced with...

She steps forward, gives a respectful nod (most you're gettin' out of a dragon) and offers her hand.

"Could we hold off more murder, mayhem, and property damage please."
"As you will. It's was more of a... professional self-criticism."

Assuming I don't see the spider part of her...

"Durability, Tenacity, and a streak of integrity...I rather like that....though not sure what I can do with you since the twins over there beat everyone else two days ahead and the Dragoness here decided that this whole competition shouldn't happen and I happen to half agree with her, if only to stop the body count...though what to do...what to do..."
At this point everyone's fled... the princess is fucking SCARY.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"They don't have dragons in your worldl?"
"Not as far as I was aware, not. Fiction, yes. Mythology, yes. Actual documented sightings? Not really. Again, as far as I know, but seeing as magic was another one of those myths and legends few believed in anymore ..."

Sigh. If the situation here is what I think it is, I'm going to miss convenient and easy access to information the most.

"We have connections with our kin on the human world."
"I can already tell, this might very well be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

"Extremely," they reply.

"She must be getting sloppy to leave so many survivors."

The dragon almost looks offended, "Actually I was attempting to moderate my use of force to lower the number of needless deaths. After all, the needless loss of skilled individuals is one of my many complaints with this foolish ritual..."

THIS is her HOLDING BACK?!
All things considered, this is not a surprise. Or, not more of a surprise than anything else since I've woken up has been.

"Since, as far as I've been informed, these are apparently my subjects we're talking about, you have my thanks for your magnanimity and generosity."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Harmless is in the eye of the beholder. Wink
OC: Well Bondage builds character. Razz

"A bit more complicated but reasonably accurate. When the emperor dies without male issue we must summon a new one."
"Well good to know then that I can at least piece together that much with all the clues I got then, as I would hate to look like idiot here."

He and the others share a look. "Extremely accurate."
"Hells, why does this always have to happen with huge ass magic empires?"

"The reason is because there is no other choice. The Emperor is a mystical anchor for the realm that helps suppress some of the more... chaotic tendencies of this world. Even the last couple weeks without a sitting emperor has caused tempers to ignite. The problem is, as you said, the first Emperor was very short sighted... only the direct male offspring of the Imperial line or specific individuals summoned for their spiritual compatibility can sit on the throne, and even then there are still issues."
"Hells, that sounds like a massive headache that you and your people have to put up with then. An considering the state the Royal Princess was in here when you summoned me, not one everyone agrees with or enjoys either. As I'm betting that it kind of belittles them and spawns no ends of issues between one "royal family" to the next. As with a new ruler, it sounds like you have to set up a new line each time. Which can not be fun to deal with I'm sure.

Though considering how the Royal Princess has been with you this whole time you have dealt with me an the matter of her rank and bloodline connection to the last ruler. Is there some tradition stating how she now has to marry the new ruler or something? As considering how the fact that you said only male heirs can lead here, her easy to anger nature with her cousin THE DUKE and how strange the correct on goings have been for me. I would not be all that surprised there if true, as that would help explain the venom she has had. As I would be pretty pissed to if I had to marry some random person because tradition.

So I got to ask, has anyone tried to find a better way to resolve this issue or hells has a prior ruler tried to take steps to fix this massive headache of a succession issue? As this smacks of me of only being designed as a stop gap measure when all things went to hell with the first ruler died and you needed to fix the issue fast. Because otherwise you guys most have had to deal with a lot of fools and had a lot more close calls then you needed to have as you keep having to burn your current leaders with people that had to in some cases be utter fouls or idiots leading them."
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Not as far as I was aware, not. Fiction, yes. Mythology, yes. Actual documented sightings? Not really. Again, as far as I know, but seeing as magic was another one of those myths and legends few believed in anymore ..."
"Odd... very odd."

Sigh. If the situation here is what I think it is, I'm going to miss convenient and easy access to information the most.
The best thing about the modern world.

"I can already tell, this might very well be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Dragon is amused.

All things considered, this is not a surprise. Or, not more of a surprise than anything else since I've woken up has been.

"Since, as far as I've been informed, these are apparently my subjects we're talking about, you have my thanks for your magnanimity and generosity."
"You are most welcome, sire."

Ironforge wrote:OC: Well Bondage builds character. Razz
I'll remember you said that... Wink

"Well good to know then that I can at least piece together that much with all the clues I got then, as I would hate to look like idiot here."
"A bit late for that," the princess remarks.

"Hells, why does this always have to happen with huge ass magic empires?"
"Arrogant dark lords who think they've transcended mortality and have become living gods," the princess replies. "Seriously, you give a human a meaningful lifespan and it goes right to their head."

"Hells, that sounds like a massive headache that you and your people have to put up with then.
The priest looks at you calmly. "You have no idea."

An considering the state the Royal Princess was in here when you summoned me, not one everyone agrees with or enjoys either.
She looks a bit annoyed at that. Like you're reminding her.

As I'm betting that it kind of belittles them and spawns no ends of issues between one "royal family" to the next. As with a new ruler, it sounds like you have to set up a new line each time. Which can not be fun to deal with I'm sure.
"Not quite," he replies, "There can only be one royal line...."

Though considering how the Royal Princess has been with you this whole time you have dealt with me an the matter of her rank and bloodline connection to the last ruler. Is there some tradition stating how she now has to marry the new ruler or something? As considering how the fact that you sad only male heirs can lead here, her easy to anger nature with her cousin THE DUKE and how strange the correct on goings have been for me. As I would not be surprised there if true, as that would help explain the venom she has had.
"It's not tradition," he replies. "It is necessity. The adoption potion is not perfect. Any children you sire upon any other women will not be able to inherit."

The Duke leans forward. "That's Our Little Ruby-Eyes, the girl with the golden snatch!"

He teleports out of the path of a fireball. "Gettin' slow baby cousin!"

So I got to ask, has anyone tried to find a better way to resolve this issue or hells has a prior ruler tried to take steps to fix this massive headache of a succession issue? As this smacks of me of only being designed as a stop gap measure when all things went to hell with the first ruler died and you needed to fix the issue fast. Because otherwise you guys most have had to deal with a lot of fools and had a lot more close calls then you needed to have as you keep having to burn your current leaders with people that had to in some cases be utter fouls or idiots leading them."
"Of course we have," the princess snaps, "My ancestor was a magical genius. He was also an arrogant, self-obsessed, short-sighted, and thoughtless mortal who considered himself unto a god. He went to such efforts to ensure he power what not usurped that it is almost impossible to pass onto the next generation and intentionally created it so that any attempt to bipass his measures will be painful if not outright lethal. We are not fools, human."

"He's no longer human."

"He'll always be human."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:The first emperor.
...I don't even want to contemplate what the hell that man did behind closed doors to get his Jimmies rustled...

But not too convenient...
???

"Actually I was holding back to prevent needless loss of life."
low whistle...

Then see who, if any are actually dead.

"My apologies. One moment..."

She vanishes in a burst of fire, to be replaced with...

She steps forward, gives a respectful nod (most you're gettin' out of a dragon) and offers her hand.
I take the hand and praying that watching period pieces was enough, ape to the best of my ability the Cavalier greeting the maiden fair move.

"No need to apologize, though I must admit this is a slightly easier way to carry on this conversation...now only if I could find some pants..."

"As you will. It's was more of a... professional self-criticism."
"Maybe the intent...but the magnatude...?" I look at the general chaos out here.

At this point everyone's fled... the princess is fucking SCARY.
Well either way I move over to see if she's alright. When I see the giant ass spider part of her....clinging to the ceiling like a freaked out cartoon cat is what I'll be struggling to prevent myself from doing. Spiders....WHIG....ME....OUT!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Odd... very odd."
"No kidding. I'm really going to need a primer at some point in the immediate future. State of the world, how it's separated from the human world, local interests and conflicts, existing magic systems, mystical traditions, technology level, socio-economic breakdown," I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Please tell me there's not currently a war on."

The best thing about the modern world.
In a number of ways, yes.

Dragon is amused.
Certainly preferable to 'dragon is angry' by a fair margin.

"You are most welcome, sire."
Interesting.

"I'm curious, Grand Princess. What is your clan's relationship with my new people? I would guess by your attempt to act in my best interest and how address me that it's at least an alliance?"

If they're all as prideful and even a fraction as powerful as she is, I doubt they'd ever consent to being under anyone's yoke.

Also, how badly charred and blown up is the hallway beyond the once-existing door?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I'll remember you said that... Wink
OC: Well as long as it's funny mate. Smile

"A bit late for that," the princess remarks.
"Well in my defense I thought I was more of a smartass really. An can you blame me for how I acted considering I was just summoned out of the blue and had to go through all the crap of this whole headache blind?"

"Arrogant dark lords who think they've transcended mortality and have become living gods," the princess replies. "Seriously, you give a human a meaningful lifespan and it goes right to their head."
"An can you honestly tell me that no Demon or anyone else has gone power mad or let power get to them Princess? As to my experience, anyone can get high on power and pride as those aren't traits held in monopoly by any one race."

The priest looks at you calmly. "You have no idea."
"Hells, that must beyond suck for you guys.'

"Not quite," he replies, "There can only be one royal line...."
"Well that sounds like it could get bloody, I take it a few rulers of the past took that a little to choppy?"

"It's not tradition," he replies. "It is necessity. The adoption potion is not perfect. Any children you sire upon any other women will not be able to inherit."
"Well that explains a lot then."

The Duke leans forward. "That's Our Little Ruby-Eyes, the girl with the golden snatch!"

He teleports out of the path of a fireball. "Gettin' slow baby cousin!"
"I take it there is a long history between those two then?"

"Of course we have," the princess snaps, "My ancestor was a magical genius. He was also an arrogant, self-obsessed, short-sighted, and thoughtless mortal who considered himself unto a god. He went to such efforts to ensure he power what not usurped that it is almost impossible to pass onto the next generation and intentionally created it so that any attempt to bipass his measures will be painful if not outright lethal. We are not fools, human."
"An I'm not calling you fools, I'm asking so I can know were I'll have to pick up from on that issue, as fuck if I'll let something this messy and headache inducing stay in effect if I can prevent it."

"He's no longer human."

"He'll always be human."
"OK then, outside that shining look into the mind of the princess.

Let's move here, so High Priest. What do you know about the place you summoned me from if anything?"

An then when he finishes telling me what he knows or lacks in knowing, I'll fill him in on the rest. Oh how my world is purely mundane, how there is no mystical side of things, no gods, no demons, no monsters beside those we make up in lore and play. How my people rule themselves, how they have better themselves with the might and wonders of science, how the nature of humans have not really changed much over history and how almost everyone I have run into here has a similar copy of themselves in my lands in lore which seem to help give me a good framework to work from.

"So High Priest, how do things work here and what kinds of things will I need to understand about this place to be able to do the job I was summoned here for?"
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Brian Boru wrote:...I don't even want to contemplate what the hell that man did behind closed doors to get his Jimmies rustled...
Probably not.

low whistle...
Big lizard smirk!

Then see who, if any are actually dead.
Plenty.

I take the hand and praying that watching period pieces was enough, ape to the best of my ability the Cavalier greeting the maiden fair move.
Accepted graciously.

"No need to apologize, though I must admit this is a slightly easier way to carry on this conversation...now only if I could find some pants..."
"My people lack humans strong nudity taboo."

"Maybe the intent...but the magnatude...?"  I look at the general chaos out here.
She raises an eyebrow.

Well either way I move over to see if she's alright.  When I see the giant ass spider part of her....clinging to the ceiling like a freaked out cartoon cat is what I'll be struggling to prevent myself from doing.  Spiders....WHIG....ME....OUT!
Yeah, pretty much that.

Though she has all the right bits in all the right places...

Rieverre wrote:"No kidding. I'm really going to need a primer at some point in the immediate future. State of the world, how it's separated from the human world, local interests and conflicts, existing magic systems, mystical traditions, technology level, socio-economic breakdown," I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Please tell me there's not currently a war on."
She looks at you. "Another reason I dislike these rituals. Keeping the Demon Emperor in the dark. Of course that's one of the reasons we Dragons have become so valuable. While we do thrive in it, as our strength allows us to quickly establish dominance, we are not beings of an innately chaotic nature and have no need to engage in such... foolishness."

In a number of ways, yes.
Well, that and flush toilets.

Certainly preferable to 'dragon is angry' by a fair margin.
Order of magnitude.

Interesting.

"I'm curious, Grand Princess. What is your clan's relationship with my new people? I would guess by your attempt to act in my best interest and how address me that it's at least an alliance?"

If they're all as prideful and even a fraction as powerful as she is, I doubt they'd ever consent to being under anyone's yoke.
"We are among the most long standing and loyal of the Demon King's Allies.... though we are not slow to recognize a fool..."

Also, how badly charred and blown up is the hallway beyond the once-existing door?
Melty. Very melty.

Ironforge wrote:"Well in my defense I thought I was more of a smartass really. An can you blame me for how I acted considering I was just summoned out of the blue and had to go through all the crap of this whole headache blind?"
Unconvinced girl with giant breasts is an unconvinced girl with giant breasts.

"An can you honestly tell me that no Demon or anyone else has gone power mad or let power get to them Princess? As to my experience, anyone can get high on power and pride as those aren't traits held in monopoly by any one race."
"It's a matter of degrees."

"Well that sounds like it could get bloody, I take it a few rulers of the past took that a little to choppy?"
"No. It's a literal statement."

"Well that explains a lot then."
Annoyed Royal PRincess is annoyed.

"I take it there is a long history between those two then?"
"My father should have been the rightful Demon Emperor, not her idiotic old man."

"Your father was an effete weakling."

"And yours was a warmongering lunatic who committed suicide by hero and didn't even have the common sense to sire a proper heir before getting his head chopped off."

"An I'm not calling you fouls, I asking so I can know were I'll have to pick up from on that issue, as fuck if I'll let something this messy and headache inducing stay in effect if I can prevent it."
"I can honestly say, you have as much say in the matter as any of us."

"OK then, outside that shining look into the mind of the princess.
Heh.

Let's move here, so High Priest. What do you know about the place you summoned me from if anything?"
"It's random. So nothing."

An then when he finishes telling me what he knows or lacks in knowing, I'll fill him in on the rest. Oh how my world is purely mundane, how there is no mystical side of things, no gods, no demons, no monsters beside those we make up in lore and play. How my people rule themselves, how they have better themselves with the might and wonders of science, how the nature of humans have not really changed much over history and how almost everyone I have run into here has a similar copy of themselves in my lands in lore which seem to help give me a good framework to work from.
Please do not mention the 4th wall! :p

"So High Priest, how do things work here and what kinds of things will I need to understand about this place to be able to do the job I was summoned here for?"
"A good adviser. Though honestly, all we really need you to do is keep the chair warm."

Last edited by Psyckosama on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Probably not.
Ick

Big lizard smirk!
Heh

Plenty.
"dead pretty girls....seems like a horrible waste for some reason...but that's likely not my logical supplying that opinion so I'll just let that go..."

Accepted graciously.
I sigh in relief.

"My people lack humans strong nudity taboo."
"While were I came from you could be arrested for public indecency for not wearing a shirt in some places."

She raises an eyebrow.
"Just noting that it's going to be a bit difficult to get in and out of this hall for however long it takes for it to be prepared.  You couldn't have just scared them off with your name from the start?"

Yeah, pretty much that.

Though she has all the right bits in all the right places...
Thank God for little miracles.  "Anyone know how to call someone to patch her up?" I raise my voice enough that the girls in my chambers can hear me as well.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Unconvinced girl with giant breasts is an unconvinced girl with giant breasts.
Great, why do I feel this is going to be like that magic thing?

"My father should have been the rightful Demon Emperor, not her idiotic old man."

"Your father was an effete weakling."

"And yours was a warmongering lunatic who committed suicide by hero and didn't even have the common sense to sire a proper heir before getting his head chopped off."
"So children, as much as it's a blessing to watch you bicker like this. I have to ask can we act our rank here just long enough so I can figure out what is going on here?

As otherwise I'll have to order you to play nice and I rather have to avoid giving orders that should be common sense here."

"I can honestly say, you have as much say in the matter as any of us."
"Well Fuck, looks like I got a lot of work in that then cut out for me. As no way in the hells will I take this laying down."

Please do not mention the 4th wall! :p
OC: Fine, though for the record. I'm betting it would have been funny as hell to see there reactions to how they were framed in the media. Razz

"A good adviser. Though honestly, all we really need you to do is keep the chair warm."
"Yeah, I'm not really a lay about kind of guy here. An though getting a good adviser is a given.

I will do the job I was summoned here for, as I'm not one to leave a job undone if I can help it.

Though on that note what can you tell me about the Clan heads and the other leaders of note that I will be meeting soon? As I'll need to know there party goals, their connections with each other and there current power in the empire.

Also what is the current state of the empire, how strong our armed forces are, how is our trade and economy, what is the current tech level of the empire, what other realms are there that we deal with, are there gods in this realm that get involved, who are our enemies, who are our allies and what kind of new abilities have I gained with this new body and how does magic work here.

As is it separated in schools like Elementals, Mentalists, Enchanters, Summoners and so on or is it in schools like Evocation, Enchantment, Divination, Conjuration and so on? Also can anyone learn it or do one has to be born with the gift to use magic?

An I'll need to know if we are still currently at war because of how the last ruler died by Hero, as that seems like it could be important."
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She looks at you. "Another reason I dislike these rituals. Keeping the Demon Emperor in the dark. Of course that's one of the reasons we Dragons have become so valuable. While we do thrive in it, as our strength allows us to quickly establish dominance, we are not beings of an innately chaotic nature and have no need to engage in such... foolishness."
"Don't tell me, let me guess, ages old conflict based on mutual hatreds, isolationism, slews of cultural misunderstandings, power-mongers playing their games, and a dash of primordial 'they are not us!' fears all rolled into one self-perpetuating ball of wholesome?" I offer blandly.

Well, that and flush toilets.
... alright, that's it, once I find out about this I'm going to be giving public works and engineering budgets _such_ a boost.

"We are among the most long standing and loyal of the Demon King's Allies.... though we are not slow to recognize a fool..."
Well, that isn't ominous at all.

"Steadfast allies are priceless is any world, I believe. As is honest council."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Kelenas wrote:Aw, cute. Well, except for the fainting from pain and injuries part.
She's had a long day...
No doubt.
I'm sorry but at this stage she's too busy drooling on herself to listen. Maybe you should wait for her to become self-aware once more?
Sure, ruin my fun, why don't you?
She nods and vanishes in fire, to be replaced with...

The sisters grimace. "Your ladyship..."
Ah, shapeshifting. Definitely handy, and a very pretty form to boot. I also file away the fact that the dragon-girl was apparently quite highly ranked and the sisters either knew her, or at least *of* her.

Returning to my room, I check up on how the Lamia and Arachne are doing, before plopping down in a seat without the slightest bit of grace, gesturing an invitation for Kaisho and Haisoksu, as well as the dragon-girl, to do the same.

Leaning back as much as possible, I close my eyes for a moment, and take a deep, long breath to relax as much as possible, before returning my attention to the situation at hand again.

"First, I should probably apologize for snapping and manhandling you like that," I say, turning towards the demon-sisters. "I must admit that initially I enjoyed the thought of a number of beautiful women fighting for my attention, but the repeated cosmic cock-blocking, as well as people getting maimed or killed, killed that rather quickly. Makes me wonder if the person who came up with the idea for this competition knew what it'd do to other men, and was some kind of sadist," I mumbled the last part mostly to myself, though it probably wouldn't be too difficult for the other girls to overhear.
"I still intend to complete the ritual, but right now I'm not exactly in the mood for it, and would rather get some answers first. Like why you seemed so concerned about me getting angry when I stormed off."

I turned towards the dragon-girk. "Well... not really sure where to start, with how many questions come to mind. I guess a good way to begin would be to ask you to introduce yourself. As much as I dislike it, it should be painfully obvious by now that I have much less of an idea of what's going on than I'd prefer."

At this point, I turned to address the girls as a whole. "This also reminds me that, while I asked each of you to introduce yourselves, I've neglected to do so myself. Not sure how that's seen here, but where I'm from that's considered rather rude, though perhaps the chaotic circumstances might excuse it somewhat."
I'm quiet for a moment, thinking over what I should say, before simply shrugging.
"You can call me Kelenas; it's not my real, or True, name, but it's a moniker or nickname I've used often enough that I'll recognize and react to it. If I appear particularly ignorant about how magic works, or aboutother aspects of this world, it's because in the world I come humans were the only sapient species, and magic was completely unknown to us. The *idea* of magic, or of entities such as demons, or spirits, and so on, existed in the form of fiction, entertainment and religion, but no doubt much of what I picked up is false here, so don't hesitate to correct me if I make wrong assumptions somewhere."

I let that sink in for a bit, ready to answer any question they might have.

Then, I focused my attention back on the dragon-girl, "Let's begin with the women who didn't make it past you; I told them that there might be positions for them here, but what's *actually* going to happen to them?
You also mentioned some kind of time-limit they were under, one mentioned that dragons could not become handmaidens. In fact, perhaps you could explain this handmaiden-competition to me, including its rules and whatnot, and your reasons for stepping in like you did? Assuming you're not under oath not to tell me anything the way they are, of course..."
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"dead pretty girls....seems like a horrible waste for some reason...but that's likely not my logical supplying that opinion so I'll just let that go..."
That would be your penis talking.

[quote]"While were I came from you could be arrested for public indecency for not wearing a shirt in some places."

*scoff* "Humans."

"Just noting that it's going to be a bit difficult to get in and out of this hall for however long it takes for it to be prepared. You couldn't have just scared them off with your name from the start?"
"Most left the second they saw a dragon. The rest were in need of... education."

Thank God for little miracles. "Anyone know how to call someone to patch her up?" I raise my voice enough that the girls in my chambers can hear me as well.
The Laima already threw a healing spell on her.

Ironforge wrote:Great, why do I feel this is going to be like that magic thing?
She has her reasons.

"So children, as much as it's a blessing to watch you bicker like this. I have to ask can we act our rank here just long enough so I can figure out what is going on here?

As otherwise I'll have to order you to play nice and I rather have to avoid giving orders that should be common sense here."
You can feel the pressure of thier glares.

"Well Fuck, looks like I got a lot of work in that then cut out for me. As no way in the hells will I take this laying down."
"No, that's her job.... besides, not like you could do much worse than the last asshole."

OC: Fine, though for the record. I'm betting it would have been funny as hell to see there reactions to how they were framed in the media. Razz
Maybe in an omake.

"Yeah, I'm not really a lay about kind of guy here. An though getting a good adviser is a given.
The High Prirst is willing to aid you as much as you need.

I will do the job I was summoned here for, as I'm not one to leave a job undone if I can help it.

Though on that note what can you tell me about the Clan heads and the other leaders of note that I will be meeting soon? As I'll need to know there party goals, their connections with each other and there current power in the empire.
OOC give the GM time...

Also what is the current state of the empire, how strong our armed forces are, how is our trade and economy, what is the current tech level of the empire, what other realms are there that we deal with, are there gods in this realm that get involved, who are our enemies, who are our allies and what kind of new abilities have I gained with this new body and how does magic work here.

As is it separated in schools like Elementals, Mentalists, Enchanters, Summoners and so on or is it in schools like Evocation, Enchantment, Divination, Conjuration and so on? Also can anyone learn it or do one has to be born with the gift to use magic?
4 elements and 4 fundimental forces

Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Order, Chaos, Darkness, and Light. All magic uses them as its corner stones.

An I'll need to know if we are still currently at war because of how the last ruler died by Hero, as that seems like it could be important."
"Not currently. We've lost some of our hold in the mortal realm, sadly, and several of our satalite nations have been..." he scoffs. "Liberated. It will take some time to return to full strength."

"My father was assassinated. The cowards."

"Your old man was a overconfident brute who under estimated his enemies, overestimated his ability, and gave his security no concern. His command camp was exposed and under guarded allowing an adventuring party to do what they do best. Blame the ones at fault, not the ones doing their jobs."

*hiss*

Rieverre wrote:
"Don't tell me, let me guess, ages old conflict based on mutual hatreds, isolationism, slews of cultural misunderstandings, power-mongers playing their games, and a dash of primordial 'they are not us!' fears all rolled into one self-perpetuating ball of wholesome?" I offer blandly.
"Differing mindset caused by fundamental differences in elemental polarity along with the need for agricultural land."

... alright, that's it, once I find out about this I'm going to be giving public works and engineering budgets _such_ a boost.
Need to be invented first.

Well, that isn't ominous at all.
Look at it this way... either they're going to eat you or eat your enemies.

"Steadfast allies are priceless is any world, I believe. As is honest council."
"I will do my best to give you wise council as long as you rule competently.."

Kelenas wrote:Sure, ruin my fun, why don't you?
Reason I get up in the morning.

Ah, shapeshifting. Definitely handy, and a very pretty form to boot. I also file away the fact that the dragon-girl was apparently quite highly ranked and the sisters either knew her, or at least *of* her.
"Greetings, I believe I must introduce myself. I am the Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan. I would give you my name but you would not be able to pronounce it."

[quote]Returning to my room, I check up on how the Lamia and Arachne are doing, before plopping down in a seat without the slightest bit of grace, gesturing an invitation for Kaisho and Haisoksu, as well as the dragon-girl, to do the same.[quote]

the sisters are by your side like glue.

The spider is out cold on the foot of your your bed looking better. Seems she's been hit with a healing spell.

ALeaning back as much as possible, I close my eyes for a moment, and take a deep, long breath to relax as much as possible, before returning my attention to the situation at hand again.

"First, I should probably apologize for snapping and manhandling you like that," I say, turning towards the demon-sisters. "I must admit that initially I enjoyed the thought of a number of beautiful women fighting for my attention, but the repeated cosmic cock-blocking, as well as people getting maimed or killed, killed that rather quickly. Makes me wonder if the person who came up with the idea for this competition knew what it'd do to other men, and was some kind of sadist," I mumbled the last part mostly to myself, though it probably wouldn't be too difficult for the other girls to overhear.
"The first emperor" they inform you.

"I still intend to complete the ritual, but right now I'm not exactly in the mood for it, and would rather get some answers first. Like why you seemed so concerned about me getting angry when I stormed off."
"It must be done, master... and we can help you with that..."

I turned towards the dragon-girk. "Well... not really sure where to start, with how many questions come to mind. I guess a good way to begin would be to ask you to introduce yourself. As much as I dislike it, it should be painfully obvious by now that I have much less of an idea of what's going on than I'd prefer."
She already did.

"I would tell you fine details but there was an oath involved with entering this silly game. I would be pleased to tell you once their binding is completed and the game is finished however."

At this point, I turned to address the girls as a whole. "This also reminds me that, while I asked each of you to introduce yourselves, I've neglected to do so myself. Not sure how that's seen here, but where I'm from that's considered rather rude, though perhaps the chaotic circumstances might excuse it somewhat."
I'm quiet for a moment, thinking over what I should say, before simply shrugging.

"You can call me Kelenas; it's not my real, or True, name, but it's a moniker or nickname I've used often enough that I'll recognize and react to it. If I appear particularly ignorant about how magic works, or aboutother aspects of this world, it's because in the world I come humans were the only sapient species, and magic was completely unknown to us. The *idea* of magic, or of entities such as demons, or spirits, and so on, existed in the form of fiction, entertainment and religion, but no doubt much of what I picked up is false here, so don't hesitate to correct me if I make wrong assumptions somewhere."
The Dragon Princess looks interested.

The Laima looks like she's ready to pull out a note book.

The spider is drooling on one of your (many) pillows.

I let that sink in for a bit, ready to answer any question they might have.
They can wait.

Then, I focused my attention back on the dragon-girl, "Let's begin with the women who didn't make it past you; I told them that there might be positions for them here, but what's *actually* going to happen to them?
"There is no shame in loss... officially. It depends on their clans." she looks at the spider, "This one for example would probably have been eaten alive for her failure." she looks at the Laima, "This on on the other hand would probably have received a consoling hug from a sympathetic mother."

She looks at the sisters, "And these two would have had to explain to the head of their clan why they saw it necessary to try.... as I doubt they were authorized to do so. Their mistress finds this contest to be almost as pointless as I do..."

You also mentioned some kind of time-limit they were under, one mentioned that dragons could not become handmaidens. In fact, perhaps you could explain this handmaiden-competition to me, including its rules and whatnot, and your reasons for stepping in like you did? Assuming you're not under oath not to tell me anything the way they are, of course..."
"When we enter into the competition the first part of the binding spell is placed on everyone. When you awaken, the spell goes active informing all that the competition has begun. When you've taken two Handmaidens the spell breaks informing all that it has finished... or if none can make it to your chambers, the spell will naturally burn out after several hours which means everyone has lost."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
She has her reasons.
OC: Don't they always.

"No, that's her job.... besides, not like you could do much worse than the last asshole."
"The Duke, I'll only warn you one more time.

Keep this crap outside now, as business first."

Maybe in an omake.
OC: Thanks mate. Smile

The High Priest is willing to aid you as much as you need.
"Thank you High Priest, so who would you suggest would be suited as a good adviser for the those suited for such a task?"

OOC give the GM time...
OC: Alright, but I will be waiting for that brief with baited breath, as a lot of my plans will hedge on that info.

4 elements and 4 fundimental forces

Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Order, Chaos, Darkness, and Light. All magic uses them as its corner stones.
"Interesting, now are there sub-schools for each school? Like metal for earth, ice for water and so on?"

"Not currently. We've lost some of our hold in the mortal realm, sadly, and several of our satellite nations have been..." he scoffs. "Liberated. It will take some time to return to full strength."
"Alright then, how long will it take to regain that power and for us to reach full strength again?"

"My father was assassinated. The cowards."

"Your old man was a overconfident brute who under estimated his enemies, overestimated his ability, and gave his security no concern. His command camp was exposed and under guarded allowing an adventuring party to do what they do best. Blame the ones at fault, not the ones doing their jobs."

*hiss*
"Enough you two!

This bickering ends now, an as you seem not to take my words seriously before. I Order you The Duke and you Royal Princess to act with the dignity that your ranks require and leave your personal manners for now outside or if you can't do that, you are to be silent until spoken too.

Is that clear!"

Then ignoring the children for now, so I can focus back to the only sane one in this room again.

"So High Priest, what can you tell of this group of "Heros" that killed the last ruler and the fallout of what happen when we pulled back from the war to lick our wounds in our realm, the humans and though the ranks of power in both if you can please."

The signaling the sisters over to.

"Also maidens since you were commanders in that campaign, can you give me a first hand account of what happened on the battlefield to during that time?"
Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Differing mindset caused by fundamental differences in elemental polarity along with the need for agricultural land."
"The latter I expected ... the former I've never even heard about. I'm really going to need that primer."

Need to be invented first.
Make the tools to make the tools to make the tools ... I need to get some inventors and artisans and feed them ideas and concepts, it looks like.

For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"I will do my best to give you wise council as long as you rule competently.."
"Much appreciated, Grand Princess. Do mind that I'll be learning on the job so to speak. Though ... I assume that to even get there, I'll need to see this binding through. I would welcome us continuing this talk at a more opportune time."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Reason I get up in the morning.
So I note.
"Greetings, I believe I must introduce myself. I am the Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan. I would give you my name but you would not be able to pronounce it."
"Pleased to make your acquaintance."
the sisters are by your side like glue.

The spider is out cold on the foot of your your bed looking better. Seems she's been hit with a healing spell.
I thank the Lamia for her efforts. And enjoy the presence of the sisters.
"The first emperor" they inform you.
...starting to rather dislike the guy. Or at least much of the shit he came up with.
"It must be done, master... and we can help you with that..."
I can't help but laugh at that. "You're really eager, aren't you?"
Though I might be misinterpreting them.
"I would tell you fine details but there was an oath involved with entering this silly game. I would be pleased to tell you once their binding is completed and the game is finished however."
"I see, then I should complete the ritual soon."
Ah, what a terrible burden this is. But obviously someone's got to do it...
The Dragon Princess looks interested.

The Laima looks like she's ready to pull out a note book.

The spider is drooling on one of your (many) pillows.
I promise to tell them as much as they want later. What's the oni sisters' reaction, though?
"There is no shame in loss... officially. It depends on their clans." she looks at the spider, "This one for example would probably have been eaten alive for her failure." she looks at the Laima, "This on on the other hand would probably have received a consoling hug from a sympathetic mother."

She looks at the sisters, "And these two would have had to explain to the head of their clan why they saw it necessary to try.... as I doubt they were authorized to do so. Their mistress finds this contest to be almost as pointless as I do..."
I wince when she tells me what would have happened to the spider-girl. "I hope there aren't any others facing similar consequences? Because that would seem like a pointless waste of life and talent I'd rather avoid."
At least things like that didn't seem to be the norm, if what she said about the Lamia is anything to go by. What she says about the sisters, though, makes me blink and look at them in surprise.
"Really? What made you want to enter, then?"
"When we enter into the competition the first part of the binding spell is placed on everyone. When you awaken, the spell goes active informing all that the competition has begun. When you've taken two Handmaidens the spell breaks informing all that it has finished... or if none can make it to your chambers, the spell will naturally burn out after several hours which means everyone has lost."
"And once the spell burns out, I would have gotten to choose my handmaidens directly, rather than through competition? Seems like it would be more sensible to do things this way right from the start, and avoid losing what might otherwise be competent subordinates."

I pause for a bit, then shrug. "It really sounds like we should complete the ritual as soon as possible to put a definite end to this, if only so no one gets any bright ideas about assassinating someone and taking their place, like the girl you blasted into the wall. But... there's something a bit unsure about. Though I apparently can have only two handmaidens," I gently squeeze Kaisho and Haisoksu's shoulders, "the other two impressed me enough that I offered them positions as Concubines, and to join us in completing the ritual. Now, you have also impressed me greatly, not just with your beauty and combat prowess," I smile at her and then look meaningfully in the direction of the door, "but also with your calm and sensible thinking. But from your introduction you seem to hold a very high position, so I do not know whether extending you the same offer would be acceptable, or taken as an insult, and I do not wish to accidentally cause offense.
However, it would likewise seem very rude to me were I to ask you to leave, and then call you back in later once the ritual has been completed so we can continue our conversation, as if you were some common servant-girl. Hence why I'm somewhat at a loss what to do; my lack of familiarity with this world showing itself, no doubt."

I spread my hands, obviously inviting the dragon princess - or the other girls - to provide suggestions or other input.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Ironforge wrote:OC: Don't they always.
Yes, but she actually does.

"The Duke, I'll only warn you one more time.
"Actually I'm quite serious."

Keep this crap outside now, as business first."
snort.

"Thank you High Priest, so who would you suggest would be suited as a good adviser for the those suited for such a task?"
"i shall compile a list. Any requirements you desire?"

OC: Alright, but I will be waiting for that brief with baited breath, as a lot of my plans will hedge on that info.
Ask individual questions rather than a massive info dump. Makes it easier.

"Interesting, now are there sub-schools for each school? Like metal for earth, ice for water and so on?"
Somewhat.

"Alright then, how long will it take to regain that power and for us to reach full strength again?"
"Not long. No more than 50 years."

"Enough you two!

This bickering ends now, an as you seem not to take my words seriously before. I Order you The Duke and you Royal Princess to act with the dignity that your ranks require and leave your personal manners for now outside or if you can't do that, you are to be silent until spoken too.

Is that clear!"
They both look at eachother. The princess even asks. "Is he serious?"

"I do believe he is, dear cousin."

The Priest looks at you and scowls. "This is not the Mortal Realm, sire. Demons are much more passionate and mercurial beings by nature than humans. The fact that they are not actively trying to kill each other despite their long standing dislike for one another should say much."

"Besides," the Duke adds, "I'm the head of security and intelligence... commenting on such things is my job."

Then ignoring the children for now, so I can focus back to the only sane one in this room again.
Snort.

"So High Priest, what can you tell of this group of "Heros" that killed the last ruler and the fallout of what happen when we pulled back from the war to lick our wounds in our realm, the humans and though the ranks of power in both if you can please."
OOC this question isn't very clear.

The signaling the sisters over to.

"Also maidens since you were commanders in that campaign, can you give me a first hand account of what happened on the battlefield to during that time?"
"Our experiences were with full scale combat defending one of our major regional dimensional portals from assault. While the foes they sent against us were strong, none were a match for our power."

Rieverre wrote:"The latter I expected ... the former I've never even heard about. I'm really going to need that primer."
"Most of them are, if not puppets of, then at least unduly influenced by the inhabitants of the Atheral Realm, the so called 'Angels'. Angelic beings are creatures of Air, Light, and Order. Demons are beings of Fire, Darkness, and Chaos. As you can expect there is very little common ground.

Make the tools to make the tools to make the tools ... I need to get some inventors and artisans and feed them ideas and concepts, it looks like.
its more the idea and the specs at this point. You'd be supprised what you can make with a skilled blacksmith.

For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Much appreciated, Grand Princess. Do mind that I'll be learning on the job so to speak.
"Of course. We do realize that there is a difference between inexperience and ineptitude, between ignorance and foolishness. Two of these things are transitory and may be corrected with good effort. Two of them are unforgivable."

Though ... I assume that to even get there, I'll need to see this binding through.

"Of course."

I would welcome us continuing this talk at a more opportune time."
"As would I. Enjoy your... ritual... sire."

She turns about when dismissed and leaves, radiating regal grace as she does so.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Kelenas wrote:So I note.
Twisted Evil 

"Pleased to make your acquaintance."
"And I you."

I thank the Lamia for her efforts. And enjoy the presence of the sisters.
You're welcome.

...starting to rather dislike the guy. Or at least much of the shit he came up with.
You ain't seen nothin' yet.

I can't help but laugh at that. "You're really eager, aren't you?"
"The sooner we get this over with the better."

"I see, then I should complete the ritual soon."
"Would probably be for the best," she observes.

Ah, what a terrible burden this is. But obviously someone's got to do it...
Heh.

I promise to tell them as much as they want later. What's the oni sisters' reaction, though?
The sisters are hard to read.

I wince when she tells me what would have happened to the spider-girl. "I hope there aren't any others facing similar consequences? Because that would seem like a pointless waste of life and talent I'd rather avoid."
At least things like that didn't seem to be the norm, if what she said about the Lamia is anything to go by.
Different standards between the different breeds. Laima are rather soft by some standards.

What she says about the sisters, though, makes me blink and look at them in surprise.
"Really? What made you want to enter, then?"
Honor, power, and status.... There's no higher station for a woman in the realm besides that of Queen. Hell,if you were born to the royal family rather than being a summoned emperor, they'd probably be bearing the next emperor.

"And once the spell burns out, I would have gotten to choose my handmaidens directly, rather than through competition? Seems like it would be more sensible to do things this way right from the start, and avoid losing what might otherwise be competent subordinates."
"Yes. Which is why I think this ordeal is foolishness."

I pause for a bit, then shrug. "It really sounds like we should complete the ritual as soon as possible to put a definite end to this, if only so no one gets any bright ideas about assassinating someone and taking their place, like the girl you blasted into the wall. But... there's something a bit unsure about. Though I apparently can have only two handmaidens," I gently squeeze Kaisho and Haisoksu's shoulders, "the other two impressed me enough that I offered them positions as Concubines, and to join us in completing the ritual. Now, you have also impressed me greatly, not just with your beauty and combat prowess," I smile at her and then look meaningfully in the direction of the door, "but also with your calm and sensible thinking. But from your introduction you seem to hold a very high position, so I do not know whether extending you the same offer would be acceptable, or taken as an insult, and I do not wish to accidentally cause offense.

However, it would likewise seem very rude to me were I to ask you to leave, and then call you back in later once the ritual has been completed so we can continue our conversation, as if you were some common servant-girl. Hence why I'm somewhat at a loss what to do; my lack of familiarity with this world showing itself, no doubt."

I spread my hands, obviously inviting the dragon princess - or the other girls - to provide suggestions or other input.
She smiles. "Indeed I am of too high a status to ever consider the place of a concubine. Though I find you agreeable enough, so if you find me desirable, you may ask my father for permission to court me. From there we could decide if we wish to move to a proper betrothal. Regardless, I would like to offer my services to you as an adviser."

She smiles. "Otherwise, I will request my leave and bid you a fine day that you may complete your duties uninterrupted."

If you ask about the fact you're going to have to marry the princess... she points out.

"There is no tradition forbidding the Emperor from having as many wives as he so desires except for considerations of status."

Basically if you marry two princeses and a peasant, the princess would have reason to take offense, but considering sh'es a Grand Princess and the other a Royal Princess... its pretty much no insult to either.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Most of them are, if not puppets of, then at least unduly influenced by the inhabitants of the Atheral Realm, the so called 'Angels'. Angelic beings are creatures of Air, Light, and Order. Demons are beings of Fire, Darkness, and Chaos. As you can expect there is very little common ground.
"Damn monomaniacs. Where's the meaning of one without the other?" I grumble on hearing that. "Light is only a possibility because we know darkness, fire needs air to burn - well, oxygen if you get right down to it - and pure chaos would, much like pure order, never actually get anything done."

its more the idea and the specs at this point. You'd be supprised what you can make with a skilled blacksmith.
Hmm ... we'll burn that church when we get to it. And possibly make a corps or engineers.

"Of course. We do realize that there is a difference between inexperience and ineptitude, between ignorance and foolishness. Two of these things are transitory and may be corrected with good effort. Two of them are unforgivable."
I incline my head, but don't comment further.

Though ... I assume that to even get there, I'll need to see this binding through.
"Of course."

"As would I. Enjoy your... ritual... sire."

She turns about when dismissed and leaves, radiating regal grace as she does so.
For a moment, I contemplate dragon girls and if polymorph-self is a thing for them. Then decide it probably is, given what the sisters said about handmaidens and their reaction to seeing the Grand Princess.

"Well, she seemed perfectly reasonable," I say, after she's taken her leave. "So, knowing my luck, I'll somehow end up alienating the dragons to the point of blood feud on accident before too long."

Damn ... you know, now that it's actually hitting home that this is a requirement rather than an indulgence, I'm finding myself strangely melancholy about it.

... and then I shake that melancholy off, because hey, incredibly attractive oni girl still on one hand and her equally stunning sister hovering at the other shoulder. Well, just for good measure and to restore my enthusiasm, I bury my face in the younger sister's hair again. Earbite ^^

Ahem.

Well, there's still the problem of the door. I could possibly ask the sisters or the lamia if they could ward that to keep anyone else from interrupting, especially with the bloody great hole in it, but ... hmm ... it's been a little while since the spider-girl got that heal spell thrown her way.

I turn to check if she's awake.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironforge Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I shall compile a list. Any requirements you desire?"
"That they are highly skilled and that they are not too connected to any other of the other major factions if possible."

Ask individual questions rather than a massive info dump. Makes it easier.
OC: Alright then, I'll keep that in mind.

"Not long. No more than 50 years."
"So I take it that time is more like a few mouths for you then in comparison to how humans view time?

An on that note, what is the normal lifespan of a demon?"

They both look at each other. The princess even asks. "Is he serious?"

"I do believe he is, dear cousin."

The Priest looks at you and scowls. "This is not the Mortal Realm, sire. Demons are much more passionate and mercurial beings by nature than humans. The fact that they are not actively trying to kill each other despite their long standing dislike for one another should say much."

"Besides," the Duke adds, "I'm the head of security and intelligence... commenting on such things is my job."
"Hells, this is considered civil. Damn this is going to take a while to get used to then. An a lot of headaches to go through to I bet while I start to learn Demon civil customs"
I say while I sign.

"Ok then, to help prevent another case of foot in my mouth then, what are your current titles and responsibilities Royal Princess?

Also The Duke, can you tell me as my intelligence officer who I should keep a eye out then in the current clan heads that are coming to see me later?"
OOC this question isn't very clear.
Ok, I be clearer then mate.

What I was asking here was who were the heroes that killed the last demon king and after his killing. How did the powers that be reacted to his killing in the fallout of said action.

Ironforge
Ironforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Psyckosama wrote:The sisters are hard to read.
Seems like it.
Different standards between the different breeds. Laima are rather soft by some standards.
Well, as long as no one else is in danger of getting eaten or otherwise killed, it's probably not really my business; I'd rather just avoid losing more talented potential subordinates.
Honor, power, and status.... There's no higher station for a woman in the realm besides that of Queen. Hell, if you were born to the royal family rather than being a summoned emperor, they'd probably be bearing the next emperor.
Personal ambition, then? Makes sense.
"Yes. Which is why I think this ordeal is foolishness."
No disagreement from me, there.
She smiles. "Indeed I am of too high a status to ever consider the place of a concubine. Though I find you agreeable enough, so if you find me desirable, you may ask my father for permission to court me. From there we could decide if we wish to move to a proper betrothal. Regardless, I would like to offer my services to you as an adviser."
I return her smile. "It will probably take me a while to get a grasp on all the duties my new position comes with, but once I have done so, I shall contact your father for his permission. Until then, I would be honored to have your counsel."
She smiles. "Otherwise, I will request my leave and bid you a fine day that you may complete your duties uninterrupted."
I escort her to the door, seeing her out like a gentleman. Without pants.
If you ask about the fact you're going to have to marry the princess... she points out.

"There is no tradition forbidding the Emperor from having as many wives as he so desires except for considerations of status."

Basically if you marry two princeses and a peasant, the princess would have reason to take offense, but considering she's a Grand Princess and the other a Royal Princess... its pretty much no insult to either.
That was indeed a concern, yes. From that explanation, I take it there's essentially three "tiers" of women affiliated with the emperor; wives (the highest), handmaidens, and concubines (the lowest)?

In any case, once the Grand Princess has left, I return to the bed, adapting a thoughtful pose. "Now, where was I... oh, I think I remember!"
With a grin I whirl around and grab Kaisho and Haisoksu, pulling them down onto the bed with me. "I was about to ravish and bind you two, while seducing a certain, cute little Lamia into joining us."

Hopefully, this time there will be no interruptions. Well, except maybe the Arachne waking up from our activities, in which case she likewise gets invited to join.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:That would be your penis talking.
Maybe but it still irks me.

*scoff* "Humans."
I shrug my shoulders, "Different strokes for different folks I guess."

"Most left the second they saw a dragon. The rest were in need of... education."
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with sauce." I quote from somewhere.

The Laima already threw a healing spell on her.
Ah...then I, with as much self control as I can muster, approach her and ask if she's alright and who she is.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum