Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Demon King...

+5
Kelenas
Brian Boru
mithril-blade
Silver Sun 17
Ironforge
9 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 15 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Silver Sun 17 Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I freeze in place at the whatever the hell is pressed against my neck touches my skin. my breath catches in my throut and my mouth goes dry as thoughts of what would happen he decided to follow through race through my mind.
"Right. Next time be more mindful of what you're dealing with and don't bite off more than you can chew. That way there might even be a time after that one..."

He grins and walks out with a smug look and an arrogant strut.

"If you're not careful you could end up like that one's father..."

"I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!"

He laughs and bolts from the room with her follwing him screaming.

The Priest sighs. "Give me a moment..."

They're all gone leaving you with the orc.

"You alight, lad?"
"I'll live which counts as a win in my book. I have no idea why i kept pushing after he made the sweet on the princess comment, I think the summoning shot my ability to think clearly to hell. Got a basic grasp of his personality now though so i can account for it in future encounters." I draw a deep shuddering breath. "How the fuck has the princess not killed him yet? she was putting out enough power for someone like me who thought of magic as only existing in stories could sense it even if he could match her she should have gotten lucky by now."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:Who do you ask?
Handmaidens, Maids, concubines, High Priest, in that order.

Who do you ask? Wink
See above.

"Sounds painful."
"Yes I always thought fingers were a better exit venue for lightning bolts. Besides it'd be hell to aim with your backside."

Dinner! Okay, so how do you do this? PLAN THE EVENT! WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Nothing extravagant but MEAT and plenty of it being high on the list. Am I expected to have the other royal family I've met eat with me cause I WOULD invite the trio to ask about magic training and what not.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:55 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"I'll live which counts as a win in my book. I have no idea why i kept pushing after he made the sweet on the princess comment, I think the summoning shot my ability to think clearly to hell. Got a basic grasp of his personality now though so i can account for it in future encounters." I draw a deep shuddering breath. "How the fuck has the princess not killed him yet? she was putting out enough power for someone like me who thought of magic as only existing in stories could sense it even if he could match her she should have gotten lucky by now."
"He's a son of the royal line. Not in the succession but powerful enough... and he's a master of the shadows. You can't kill what you can't hit. Slippery bastard."

He looks over. "You look like you could use a rest."

He looks up at the throne. "If you need to take a load off go. Believe it or not they'd probably appreciate your guts for doing it."

Brian Boru wrote:Handmaidens, Maids, concubines, High Priest, in that order.
The Handmaiden's know her a bit but its mostly politely diplomatic.

The Maids quote their duty as maids to keep their mistress's secrets.

The Concubines don't know shit...

THe High Priest... well...

Lets RP it.

"Yes I always thought fingers were a better exit venue for lightning bolts.  Besides it'd be hell to aim with your backside."
Confused look.

Nothing extravagant but MEAT and plenty of it being high on the list.  Am I expected to have the other royal family I've met eat with me cause I WOULD invite the trio to ask about magic training and what not.
Okay... a couple hours later you're lead out to see a large spit roasting lizard being turned over what looks like a pool of lava that they keep chucking wood into to make smoke...

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:07 am

Psyckosama wrote:
"He's a son of the royal line. Not in the succession but powerful enough... and he's a master of the shadows. You can't kill what you can't hit. Slippery bastard."
"Political power and a fucking shadow user, Just great." I pinch the bridge of my nose for a moment.

He looks over. "You look like you could use a rest."

He looks up at the throne. "If you need to take a load off go. Believe it or not they'd probably appreciate your guts for doing it."
I nod to the warlord, stride up to the throne and sink down into it. "Well no defenses went off, i think we can call that a good sign."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:17 am

Handmaidens: The Red Oni Sisters
-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni. Elder Handmaiden.
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni. Younger Handmaiden

Harem:
Lamia Concubine: Archives clerk with some magical aptitude.
Arachne Concubine: Assassin and bane of food everywhere.

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan (pending results of letter)

Pending Events:
- letters to the Grand Princess
- Webmail (Arachne sends letter of thanks to the Princess)
- the Lamia and the library

Psyckosama wrote:"A good deal. Many of our more aggressive leaders were lost."
"Clan meeting makes more and more sense given the circumstances."

"Our Uncle was a disciple of the previous Demon Lord and gained his rank based on the emperor's favor.."
"Which can mean a lot of things. Tell me about him."

That almost never happens. The Handmaidens are there for a reason...
It can happen. The Handmaidens are there for a reason.

You manage to nod off...

*WHACK!*
Right. Focus. Focus. Focus on not falling asleep maybe?

"Understood master..."
"Unless I'm being advised differently? That aside, are there any destinations you would consider warrant inspection?"

The Chef looks up. "Taste Tester."

"Yes, about that my good sir... I do not mean to be too bold, for you know boldness is completely out of character for my kind. No, we are actually quite humble truth be told and in the spirit of that I'd like to humbling ask to perhaps be granted me freedom?"

The younger sister raises an eyebrow. "You do realize you're speaking to his Divine Majesty the 48th Demon Emperor, correct?"

The Halfling hoes bone white and makes a stressed squealing sound. "Of course by my freedom I do not mean leave your service! Nothing of the kind! Rather I believe that I could better serve your Divine Majesty if I was permitted exodus from this cage and prove of greater assistance. If it should please you, for if not then I will gladly remain within these bars!"
I imagine he/she is pretty well kept, considering that this _is_ a kitchen?

I ask the chef how he ended up with this one for a taste tester.

Get used to it Wink
It's become a bit of a theme. I'd better. It also helps me navigate a bit. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Really, its just pretty much expected. Most people will be happy you're not demanding virgin daughters from every noble house for your harem like the 42nd did."
Okay... do I want to know what happened to the guy?

"While you need to keep focus and control your power, this is not wizardly but sorcery. You do not say spells and chant rituals, you reach for the raw spirit of the magic, force it to obey your will, and unleash it upon your does. And remember, your powers are of Darkness and Fire and Chaos. Passion, rage, desire, and hatred are your ally... they give your strength and greater focus, but if you lose control of your emotions, you will lose control of your magic... and if you lose control of your magic... it will be released in unexpected ways."

OOC basically... Orderly magic is like wizard spells. You speak the magical words, perform the magical ritual to control the elements and an effect happens. With sorcery you take the raw elemental power, smash it together, and throw it at the other guy... Kinda like Magicka... with all the pitfalls there in.
That definitely sounds like something I should avoid.
I'm guessing sorcery is more freeform and versatile, while wizardry is more reliable and controllable?

"Yes. The Goblins have quite the taste for the mechanical," she pauses, "When they're not blowing themselves up."
Reminds me of the WoW goblins. Or the Dragon Commander ones.
What about my question regarding the economy, though? IE, who'd be best to talk to in that regard?

Also:
"Princess, when we talked yesterday, you mentioned that you had your own plans, ambitions and intentions that the... recent events threw into chaos. If you don't mind, would you tell me about them? If only so we can avoid working at cross-purposes when it comes to matters pertaining the realm?"
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:The Handmaiden's know her a bit but its mostly politely diplomatic.
Strike one

The Maids quote their duty as maids to keep their mistress's secrets.
Strike two

The Concubines don't know shit...
Foul

THe High Priest... well...

Lets RP it.
YES!

Confused look.
"A poor attempt at dry humor..."

Okay... a couple hours later you're lead out to see a large spit roasting lizard being turned over what looks like a pool of lava that they keep chucking wood into to make smoke...
SWEET MOMMA YES!!!

...I'm turning into Luffy here...shit...
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:54 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Political power and a fucking shadow user, Just great." I pinch the bridge of my nose for a moment.
"Aye. Illusions too. "

I nod to the warlord, stride up to the throne and sink down into it. "Well no defenses went off, i think we can call that a good sign."
"Indeed."

The High priest walks in holding a goblet. "Have some wine."

Rieverre wrote:"Clan meeting makes more and more sense given the circumstances."
"Most of the time its either the Emperor died in battle or someone assassinated him. Either way, we need a meeting."

"Which can mean a lot of things. Tell me about him."
He was violent, aggressive and hungry for conquest and glory.

The Emperor loved him.

It can happen. The Handmaidens are there for a reason.
Well yes...

Right. Focus. Focus. Focus on not falling asleep maybe?
Roll again?

"Unless I'm being advised differently? That aside, are there any destinations you would consider warrant inspection?"
THey shre a bit of a guilty look. "Honestly the Demon world is prety much the same whereever you go. volcanoes, deserts, and vulcanic deserts."

I imagine he/she is pretty well kept, considering that this _is_ a kitchen?

I ask the chef how he ended up with this one for a taste tester.
"Well, you could say I was... drafted your highness."

"I caught this one me self, sire, durin' a trip to da mortal world. Twas this or the stew pot for 'em," he glances back, "Still thinkin' bout the stew. You ever 'ad harflin' stew, sire? They got good tender meat they does..."

It's become a bit of a theme. I'd better. It also helps me navigate a bit. ^^
Heh.

Kelenas wrote:Okay... do I want to know what happened to the guy?
Probably not.

That definitely sounds like something I should avoid.
By unexpected result they tend to mean massive explosion.

I'm guessing sorcery is more freeform and versatile, while wizardry is more reliable and controllable?
Much more.

Reminds me of the WoW goblins. Or the Dragon Commander ones.
Short, green and insane with a love of explosions and a pathological need to tinker.

What about my question regarding the economy, though? IE, who'd be best to talk to in that regard?
Royal treasurer. Isn't in at them moment.

"Princess, when we talked yesterday, you mentioned that you had your own plans, ambitions and intentions that the... recent events threw into chaos. If you don't mind, would you tell me about them? If only so we can avoid working at cross-purposes when it comes to matters pertaining the realm?"
Well, in general she was the one who kept the trains running and everything going on time.

A lot of her abition was tied up in capturing a chunk of the mortal world... for trade and for farming.

Brian Boru wrote:
YES!
Come on now.

SWEET MOMMA YES!!!

...I'm turning into Luffy here...shit...
Everyone gives you a look.

Did you just say that out loud?[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:Come on now.
Alright, I'll ask the High Priest if he can tell me a little more about the Princess. I've managed to glean that she's a highly intelligent woman and that she has her pride and has a fire to her as well as having at least an interest in plants...one that I had to ram against a brick wall to make sure I don't run the risk accidentally falling asleep on my feet while she talks about it again. But I didn't really get much into what she is as an individual and while I realize there are a million other things I need to worry about considering we'll have to at least be cordial with each other I'd like to make that at least a little bit easier.

Also...any advice on magic meditation?

Everyone gives you a look.

Did you just say that out loud?
I flush like a firehydrant..."I...I...have a thing for BBQ..."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:Short, green and insane with a love of explosions and a pathological need to tinker.
Definitely a cross of WoW and Dragon Commander goblins, then.

Royal treasurer. Isn't in at them moment.
Damn. (OOC: Guessing you haven't come up with an NPC for that, yet?)

Well, in general she was the one who kept the trains running and everything going on time.

A lot of her abition was tied up in capturing a chunk of the mortal world... for trade and for farming.
Considering the demon world's climate, that's not really surprising. In farming there might be some alternatives with the use of large greenhouses, but that would probably be expensive to set up. Water would be particularly difficult to get, unless we somehow manage to open up a portal on the bottom of a lake on the mortal side, and above a large cavern or the like in the demon realm. Or something along those lines. Maybe see about buying huge chunks of ice from the Undead Realm, if we can somehow trade with them; IIRC it's made up mostly of water?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:16 am

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:

Psyckosama wrote:"Most of the time its either the Emperor died in battle or someone assassinated him. Either way, we need a meeting."
"How many heads did my predecessors tend to send rolling during these?"

He was violent, aggressive and hungry for conquest and glory.

The Emperor loved him.
Wait, is this the same one who's now next in line to inherit, or are we talking about two different uncles here?

Regardless, I'm going to have to find out about the other clan heads too. Can't help but wonder how many will get an instinctive response of 'if I kill them, is the next in line going to be better, or ought I make a day of it to _really_ make sure'.

Roll again?
Rollan.

THey shre a bit of a guilty look. "Honestly the Demon world is prety much the same whereever you go. volcanoes, deserts, and vulcanic deserts."
Oh? That's a bit disappointing. I don't suppose there's a chance popping over for a visit to the human realm wouldn't be seen as a call for invasion, is there? Or do the demons have actual lands they hold there?

"Well, you could say I was... drafted your highness."

"I caught this one me self, sire, durin' a trip to da mortal world. Twas this or the stew pot for 'em," he glances back, "Still thinkin' bout the stew. You ever 'ad harflin' stew, sire? They got good tender meat they does..."
"If you say so," I shrug. "I'm not really that into eating something I can hold a conversation with. Killing, maybe. Eating, not so much. Call it personal preference."

I'm probably not going to be so hot with the killing either, but I'm not going to come out and say that. Plus, this isn't nearly as bad as what I'd expected would be happening.

How many poison tasters does the palace usually go through in a year, anyway? And how'd the halfing get nabbed, anyway? Lack of a sense of self-preservation and sticky fingers? Sorry if I'm perpetuating the stereotype.

Last edited by Rieverre on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the roll and header)
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:18 am

Ignore. Post used to launch roll.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:18 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 5

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Aye. Illusions too. "
"wonderful, absolutely wonderful."

"Indeed."

The High priest walks in holding a goblet. "Have some wine."

I eye the goblet for a moment then take it and drink.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:58 am

Brian Boru wrote:Alright, I'll ask the High Priest if he can tell me a little more about the Princess. I've managed to glean that she's a highly intelligent woman and that she has her pride and has a fire to her as well as having at least an interest in plants...one that I had to ram against a brick wall to make sure I don't run the risk accidentally falling asleep on my feet while she talks about it again.  But I didn't really get much into what she is as an individual and while I realize there are a million other things I need to worry about considering we'll have to at least be cordial with each other I'd like to make that at least a little bit easier.
"Alright. So what do you want?"

Also...any advice on magic meditation?
He chuckles. "Meditation? Ah yes. Oni. Yes. Blowing things up might help."

I flush like a firehydrant..."I...I...have a thing for BBQ..."
You are the Demon King... - Page 15 CkZ0Anx

The Chef perks up. "Oi, and I'm pretty good at it m'lord. Ye ever have spit roast Harlfing?"

Kelenas wrote:Damn. (OOC: Guessing you haven't come up with an NPC for that, yet?)
OOC nope. Need to dig through the art a bit.

Considering the demon world's climate, that's not really surprising. In farming there might be some alternatives with the use of large greenhouses, but that would probably be expensive to set up.
Not enough light.

Water would be particularly difficult to get, unless we somehow manage to open up a portal on the bottom of a lake on the mortal side, and above a large cavern or the like in the demon realm. Or something along those lines.
Could work but the mortals would probably start a war over water rights.

Maybe see about buying huge chunks of ice from the Undead Realm, if we can somehow trade with them; IIRC it's made up mostly of water?
It's mostly salt water.

Rieverre wrote:"How many heads did my predecessors tend to send rolling during these?"
Highly dependent on the Emperor.

Wait, is this the same one who's now next in line to inherit, or are we talking about two different uncles here?
Two uncles.

Regardless, I'm going to have to find out about the other clan heads too. Can't help but wonder how many will get an instinctive response of 'if I kill them, is the next in line going to be better, or ought I make a day of it to _really_ make sure'.
Often a safe bet.

Rollan... 5
WACK!

Oh? That's a bit disappointing. I don't suppose there's a chance popping over for a visit to the human realm wouldn't be seen as a call for invasion, is there? Or do the demons have actual lands they hold there?
"There are some areas that you can get away with almost anything. The pirate ports for example wouldn't look twice at some Demons... and they have great beaches and rum drinks!"

"If you say so," I shrug. "I'm not really that into eating something I can hold a conversation with. Killing, maybe. Eating, not so much. Call it personal preference."
The Halfling pales a bit when yo mention 'killing'

I'm probably not going to be so hot with the killing either, but I'm not going to come out and say that. Plus, this isn't nearly as bad as what I'd expected would be happening.
Alright.

How many poison tasters does the palace usually go through in a year, anyway?
Detection magic most of the time... anything that can kill a fucking demon is going to have a pretty potent magical signature.

And how'd the halfing get nabbed, anyway? Lack of a sense of self-preservation and sticky fingers? Sorry if I'm perpetuating the stereotype.
"Sire, I must protest! I have a very strong sense of self-preservation!"

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I eye the goblet for a moment then take it and drink.
You drink it. It's strong red wine mixed with...

Blood?

It's about that moment that the pain starts.

You feel energy arching into your body from the throne. And it's not the good kind of energy... less ABSOLUTE POWER and more "Gee, who forgot to disconnect the lightening rod before putting it up my ass"?

If feels like every cell your body is being individually roasted.

Absently you can hear someones screaming, and he's got one hell of a set of lungs on him.

Wait.

That's you.

Anyways, right before you black out, you hear The Duke say...

"I wonder if this one is going to explode like the other three?"

And then blissful unconsciousness. Smile

You wake up feeling groggy as hell finding yourself face down in black silk sheets.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:18 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Alright. So what do you want?"
"Honestly? I'd just like to know her likes and her dislikes, what her passions are, her hobbies what she's actually like. What I've seen for the most part, I think, is either an official court face or the pain of a young woman who lost both of her parents suddenly and violently. I'd like to know at least a glimmer of who that person is. I realize you likely don't have all that information but...at least could you point me in the right direction because I feel like I'd floundering blindfolded here.

He chuckles. "Meditation? Ah yes. Oni. Yes. Blowing things up might help."
"You mean point and make go boom? Alright..."

I find a rock that NO ONE is going to miss. Then I try to will that rock to explode. Failing that will energy from me to STRIKE said rock and blow it to kingdom come.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

You are the Demon King... - Page 15 CkZ0Anx
I blink a bit but return to normal.

The Chef perks up. "Oi, and I'm pretty good at it m'lord. Ye ever have spit roast Harlfing?"
I blink again but shrug it off. "It looks excellent, my complements. And I have to say no, never had 'Harfling', eating something that can maintain a conversation with you was frowned upon where I grew up...though knowing how these go I'd imagine it tastes like chicken right?" That last bit said with slight humor to it.

If the joke isn't gotten I mention that the joke is that if something is new but not bad tasting almost everyone always seems to naturally compare it to chicken.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:36 am

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:

Psyckosama wrote:Two uncles.
So what can they tell me about the one they haven't mentioned in detail yet - the next in line for clan leadership after their cousin. I'd like to explore all my options if possible.

WACK!
Ow.

I ask them if they have any actual techniques or such to share for making this more efficient.

"There are some areas that you can get away with almost anything. The pirate ports for example wouldn't look twice at some Demons... and they have great beaches and rum drinks!"
"I was actually thinking more about places that could support some form of agriculture and let us import the results. How does travel between here and the human realm work anyway? Are there set locations where you enter or exit, or does it require some form of ritual each time?"

Detection magic most of the time... anything that can kill a fucking demon is going to have a pretty potent magical signature.
"So, less a poison taster, more a pet and emergency food source rolled into one?"

"Sire, I must protest! I have a very strong sense of self-preservation!"
"I note you aren't protesting the sticky fingers part."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:23 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ESTrnhSRHn8ieE82zawTASRLy0s9kbmHG_HLyCitt9M/edit?pli=1

Psyckosama wrote:Could work but the mortals would probably start a war over water rights.
Probably would depend on the where and when. I could imagine a few ways to get water from the human world without attracting too much attention, but not really in quantities that would make any appreciable impact on the demon realm as a whole.
It's mostly salt water.
Would require desalination. Should be possible to set up, but difficult and expensive. Possible, but not a first choice.

Yeah, seems like getting some land in the mortal world would be the best solution, at least in the short- to mid-term. Did she have any specific place or places in mind? I imagine an island of some kind would be good, since it would be make logistics for the mortal armies from other countries that might try and re-conquer it a good deal more difficult. Of course, that depends on how our own military situation stands; something I wanted to talk to the General about anyway.

Hm... anything else the Princess would like to talk about? Advice, warnings, or concerns she wants to bring up? Otherwise I try and steer the conversation a bit into a slightly more personal direction, though obviously nothing as potentially sensitive as her parents. Maybe if she has any adversaries (aside from the Duke) or rivals I should be aware of, things like that.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
You drink it. It's strong red wine mixed with...

Blood?

It's about that moment that the pain starts.

You feel energy arching into your body from the throne. And it's not the good kind of energy... less ABSOLUTE POWER and more "Gee, who forgot to disconnect the lightening rod before putting it up my ass"?

If feels like every cell your body is being individually roasted.

Absently you can hear someones screaming, and he's got one hell of a set of lungs on him.

Wait.

That's you.

Anyways, right before you black out, you hear The Duke say...

"I wonder if this one is going to explode like the other three?"
Fuck you too.

And then blissful unconsciousness. Smile

You wake up feeling groggy as hell finding yourself face down in black silk sheets.
i lever myself up and look around the room.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:19 am

Sorry about the delay. Got caught up in life and video games.

Last week was a bitch. Letting men named "Doctor" put perfectly good drills in your mouth is never fun... especially not at 8:30am... during a snow storm.

Brian Boru wrote:"Honestly?  I'd just like to know her likes and her dislikes, what her passions are, her hobbies what she's actually like.  What I've seen for the most part, I think, is either an official court face or the pain of a young woman who lost both of her parents suddenly and violently.  I'd like to know at least a glimmer of who that person is.  I realize you likely don't have all that information but...at least could you point me in the right direction because I feel like I'd floundering blindfolded here.

"I'm sworn to keep her secrets but I will tell you, she's a very passionate young woman. Her fire and drive are great and its only a shame that she could not inherit the throne of her own right. She's very wise for her young age..."

"You mean point and make go boom?  Alright..."

I find a rock that NO ONE is going to miss.  Then I try to will that rock to explode.  Failing that will energy from me to STRIKE said rock and blow it to kingdom come.

Nothin'

I blink again but shrug it off.  "It looks excellent, my complements.  And I have to say no, never had 'Harfling', eating something that can maintain a conversation with you was frowned upon where I grew up...though knowing how these go I'd imagine it tastes like chicken right?" That last bit said with slight humor to it.

If the joke isn't gotten I mention that the joke is that if something is new but not bad tasting almost everyone always seems to naturally compare it to chicken.

"More like pork, sire... like sucklin' piglet.... they got tender meat they does."

Rieverre wrote:
So what can they tell me about the one they haven't mentioned in detail yet - the next in line for clan leadership after their cousin. I'd like to explore all my options if possible.

Cool, collected, level headed... he actually was the eldest and commanded the clan before.

He served as a general to the 46th demon emperor during his youth and was badly wounded in the war

His leadership was challenged by his younger brother due to his injuries and the challenge confirmed by the 47th Emperor.

They seem to have strong emotions about this.

I ask them if they have any actual techniques or such to share for making this more efficient.

Time and negative reinforcement. How they were taught!

Only their teacher used a scourge.

"I was actually thinking more about places that could support some form of agriculture and let us import the results. How does travel between here and the human realm work anyway? Are there set locations where you enter or exit, or does it require some form of ritual each time?"

Weaknesses and breaches between the realms where they all overlap.

"So, less a poison taster, more a pet and emergency food source rolled into one?"

"Dat an' a taste tester. Them Harflings got a fine tongue. Tastes good lightly brazed,but also good fer givin' a second opinion if ye leave it in their mouths."

"I note you aren't protesting the sticky fingers part."

"My mother raised me to be an honest follow. Besides sire, what is the point of a lock if noone tries to pick it? What is the point of security if noone tries to sneak past? You can't lay grand adventures out before a bloke and not expect him to take them. It's like bating a hook with the intent that the fish will never bite! It is a right unnatural idea it is..."

He gives you a bit of a look. "There's be far less thefts in these worlds if more people just left their gold in their mattress and their treasures in the parlor like right, sensible folk!"

Kelenas wrote:
Probably would depend on the where and when. I could imagine a few ways to get water from the human world without attracting too much attention, but not really in quantities that would make any appreciable impact on the demon realm as a whole.

Like what?"

Would require desalination. Should be possible to set up, but difficult and expensive. Possible, but not a first choice.

Yeah. And the ice would have to be transported through the mortal world.

Yeah, seems like getting some land in the mortal world would be the best solution, at least in the short- to mid-term. Did she have any specific place or places in mind? I imagine an island of some kind would be good, since it would be make logistics for the mortal armies from other countries that might try and re-conquer it a good deal more difficult. Of course, that depends on how our own military situation stands; something I wanted to talk to the General about anyway.

Honestly the reason they're to war so many times is the angels lapdogs tend to control the best territory.

The most theirs tend to get are various wastelands. Makes for strong warriors butnot very abundant exports.

Hm... anything else the Princess would like to talk about? Advice, warnings, or concerns she wants to bring up? Otherwise I try and steer the conversation a bit into a slightly more personal direction, though obviously nothing as potentially sensitive as her parents. Maybe if she has any adversaries (aside from the Duke) or rivals I should be aware of, things like that.

She seems tired and reluctant to get very personal. By tired I mean emotionally.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
Fuck you too.

Comes out more like...

AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

i lever myself up and look around the room.

It's big. Big and black and kinda imposing. Looks like it would be an evil overlord's idea of a love suite to be honest.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:

It's big. Big and black and kinda imposing. Looks like it would be an evil overlord's idea of a love suite to be honest.
Status check on myself, and keep an eye on points of entry.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:11 am

Psyckosama wrote:Like what?"
Mostly being sneakier about it. Instead of emptying a lake, diverting a stream upriver into a portal for a few hours, then making it look like there'd been a temporary blockade that formed naturally and sorted itself out; that sort of thing.

Yeah. And the ice would have to be transported through the mortal world.
There's that, yes. Though, that reminds me; does the nature of a Realm (be it demon, spirit, or whatever) influence where and when portals in the mortal world pop up? Or is that random?
Also, where do things stand in regards to magic useful in transportation? Like Bags of Holding?

Honestly the reason they're to war so many times is the angels lapdogs tend to control the best territory.

The most theirs tend to get are various wastelands. Makes for strong warriors butnot very abundant exports.
Deserts, tundras, savannahs, that sort of thing?

She seems tired and reluctant to get very personal. By tired I mean emotionally.
Not going to press her on the personal stuff, then. But I kind of want to help her with the emotional exhaustion. Unfortunately, the best way to do that would be to give her a few weeks of vacation, but that's not really practical, yet, if she's the one keeping everything running at the moment. Damn.

Though, maybe it didn't have to be weeks. Just a single afternoon might be enough to at least tide her over for a bit.

"Say, Ruby Eyes, later today my handmaidens and I were going to spend some time in the mortal world on a tropical island somewhere, for some fun at the beach. If you would like to, you'd be welcome to join us. Take an afternoon off and just spend a few hours lazing about in the sun while reading a book, or taking the occasional swim in the ocean, that sort of thing. The realm should be able to run on its own for a day - out of sheer momentum if nothing else - and I think a break might do you good."

Last edited by Kelenas on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:51 am

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:

Cool, collected, level headed... he actually was the eldest and commanded the clan before.

He served as a general to the 46th demon emperor during his youth and was badly wounded in the war

His leadership was challenged by his younger brother due to his injuries and the challenge confirmed by the 47th Emperor.

They seem to have strong emotions about this.

So the 47th was putting his own people in power, or near enough, when he took over. Looks like their uncle was a victim of politics, and their surviving uncle was a victim of politics. How much support does he still hold within the clan?

Also, the sisters seem quite attached. Was he their mentor, maybe?

Time and negative reinforcement. How they were taught!

Only their teacher used a scourge.

Joy. Oh well, since it appears to be the only option available for now, I might as well follow through with it. After, I'll send the high priest a message asking if he has any advice - given that he was a candidate for Emperor and the fact he could handle the power, even if he didn't exactly hold it, I think he might have some tips beyond the brute-force iteration approach to share.

(meditation roll in next post)

Weaknesses and breaches between the realms where they all overlap.

Going to need a map of those, or the known ones anyway. Or rather, two maps, one with exit points in either of the realms. It's general knowledge stuff, and might be interesting to see when planning the road trip. We might pop over to the human realm and catch some sun and surf if it's convenient.

"Dat an' a taste tester. Them Harflings got a fine tongue. Tastes good lightly brazed,but also good fer givin' a second opinion if ye leave it in their mouths."

I concede that this indeed sounds useful, especially since palettes are likely different between the various demon races, and there's the oddity of the occasional Emperor.

Actually, speaking of food, I've been meaning to bring this up at some point but kept forgetting - I ask the Handmaidens whether the meal they brought me when we first met was just something they acquired, or something they'd made by themselves.

"My mother raised me to be an honest follow. Besides sire, what is the point of a lock if noone tries to pick it? What is the point of security if noone tries to sneak past? You can't lay grand adventures out before a bloke and not expect him to take them. It's like bating a hook with the intent that the fish will never bite! It is a right unnatural idea it is..."

He gives you a bit of a look. "There's be far less thefts in these worlds if more people just left their gold in their mattress and their treasures in the parlor like right, sensible folk!"

More than a bit obsessive compulsive then?

"You're not exactly making a good case for yourself."

Where was the chef traveling when he caught the halfing anyway?
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:51 am

'd10' : 4

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:53 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:Status check on myself, and keep an eye on points of entry.

Well, you've probably gained a good in height, about 50 Kilos in muscle, and a set of wicked horns.

Kelenas wrote:
Mostly being sneakier about it. Instead of emptying a lake, diverting a stream upriver into a portal for a few hours, then making it look like there'd been a temporary blockade that formed naturally and sorted itself out; that sort of thing.

"Portals are semi-permanent and for some reason are not permeable to standing water. They only really work when something... well... alive tries to pass through."

She pauses, "I've actually heard that most of the portals to the Dark Works are deep underwater..."

There's that, yes. Though, that reminds me; does the nature of a Realm (be it demon, spirit, or whatever) influence where and when portals in the mortal world pop up? Or is that random?

Random, though the natural ones tend to seek for like areas.... spiritual resonance.

Also, where do things stand in regards to magic useful in transportation? Like Bags of Holding?

Of course!

Deserts, tundras, savannahs, that sort of thing?

"Yes."

Not going to press her on the personal stuff, then. But I kind of want to help her with the emotional exhaustion. Unfortunately, the best way to do that would be to give her a few weeks of vacation, but that's not really practical, yet, if she's the one keeping everything running at the moment. Damn.

Though, maybe it didn't have to be weeks. Just a single afternoon might be enough to at least tide her over for a bit.

"Say, Ruby Eyes, later today my handmaidens and I were going to spend some time in the mortal world on a tropical island somewhere, for some fun at the beach. If you would like to, you'd be welcome to join us. Take an afternoon off and just spend a few hours lazing about in the sun while reading a book, or taking the occasional swim in the ocean, that sort of thing. The realm should be able to run on its own for a day - out of sheer momentum if nothing else - and I think a break might do you good."

"A day on a mortal beach..." she thinks for a moment. "Sounds interesting. I accept."

Rieverre wrote:So the 47th was putting his own people in power, or near enough, when he took over. Looks like their uncle was a victim of politics, and their surviving uncle was a victim of politics. How much support does he still hold within the clan?

"A good deal actually. He's very well placed and is still the personal military adviser to the Oni Queen."

"Our other uncle was not well liked among the clan. He was too aggressive and bloodthirsty for our tastes."

Also, the sisters seem quite attached. Was he their mentor, maybe?

Do you ask?

Joy. Oh well, since it appears to be the only option available for now, I might as well follow through with it. After, I'll send the high priest a message asking if he has any advice - given that he was a candidate for Emperor and the fact he could handle the power, even if he didn't exactly hold it, I think he might have some tips beyond the brute-force iteration approach to share.

So you send the message?

(meditation roll in next post)

WHACK!

Going to need a map of those, or the known ones anyway. Or rather, two maps, one with exit points in either of the realms. It's general knowledge stuff, and might be interesting to see when planning the road trip. We might pop over to the human realm and catch some sun and surf if it's convenient.

They tend to be somewhat unstable. Though there are a number they're created artificially.

And they know JUST the portal for the sun and surf. There's been one linking them to the pirate islands for millennia. One of the ancient lost civilizations that formally ruled the islands were demon worshipers. Maybe a bit too intense actually because its their overuse of chaotic energy as a power source that is the reason why they're the former rulers, a lost civilization, and islands is plural...

I concede that this indeed sounds useful, especially since palettes are likely different between the various demon races, and there's the oddity of the occasional Emperor.

Aye. Most Demon Emperors have a rather human pallet. Shame that.

Actually, speaking of food, I've been meaning to bring this up at some point but kept forgetting - I ask the Handmaidens whether the meal they brought me when we first met was just something they acquired, or something they'd made by themselves.

Of course they made it!

It's a traditional Red Oni dish!

More than a bit obsessive compulsive then?

"You're not exactly making a good case for yourself."[/quote]

The Halfling crosses his arms and huffs a bit looking somewhat offended.

"Master," One of the sisters cuts in, "In this case it is a artifact of Halfling culture. For them it is not the value of an artifact, but the story behind it that drives their theft. Most halflings would happily turn down an easy king's ransom in favor of a trinket that gives them a good story to tell..."

The Handling smiles. "Aye! The pretty girls get it! I won't say we don't like our gold, oh, we love the things gold can buy... but we don't value opulence for its own sake. We're a simple people with simple tastes. It's all about the comforts of home and you don't need vaults and vaults of endless wealth to fill your belly and keep you warm. Just enough to keep the merchants happy and a tax man at bay. What we're greedy for is a good story! A dashing tale of daring and danger, possibly with a nice shiny for putting on your mantel to show the nieces and nephews!"

If you press on it seems that most Halflings are what you'd call working wealthy. They normally will come across gold on their adventures which goes into the family pot and they value manual labor and tend to be exceptional gardeners and shockingly capable craftsman, though their crafts tend to be more along the lines of perishable goods... normally high quality handicrafts, and its safe to say that their skill as chefs is almost legendary.

Where was the chef traveling when he caught the halfing anyway?

They were both looking to get the same very rare spice herb.

Which honestly is one of the few things Halflings are willing to outright steal right from under you, especially if you're both in the field looking for it at the same time.

Halflings don't fuck around when it comes to food. That and harming their kin is the main situation when you learn not to fuck with a race of naturally stealthy folks with a perchance for breaking and entering who can stab you in the dick without angling down.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ESTrnhSRHn8ieE82zawTASRLy0s9kbmHG_HLyCitt9M/edit

Psyckosama wrote:"Portals are semi-permanent and for some reason are not permeable to standing water. They only really work when something... well... alive tries to pass through."

She pauses, "I've actually heard that most of the portals to the Dark Works are deep underwater..."
Hm...what about running water?
Or, for that matter, what happens when there is a continuous object running through the portal? Like, say, a rope, ladder, a trail of connected carts, a pipe, or the like? Does the portal remain open, or is there a danger of it suddenly closing and cutting of whatever was currently in it?

Random, though the natural ones tend to seek for like areas.... spiritual resonance.
So, portals to the demon realm are more likely in areas heavily associated with fire, darkness and/or chaos, portals to the angel realm in places that are associated with light, air and order, and so on?

Of course!
Sweet. Can that be scaled up? For kegs, carts, and the like?

"Yes."
Ah. Well, maybe we're lucky and those places are rich in oil and other resources instead...

"A day on a mortal beach..." she thinks for a moment. "Sounds interesting. I accept."
"Good," I reply with a smile. "I look forward to having you there, and hope you'll enjoy yourself."

So, unless the Princess has anything else she'd like to talk about, I'm guessing the breakfast is slowly winding down. If so, I'll leave after giving the Princess all due courtesies, to talk with the Duke and General, then meet up with her and my handmaidens in an hour or two.

If that's acceptable, I'll move on to talk with the Duke. I'd kinda prefer to start with the General since he seems like I nice guy I wouldn't mind having a beer with after work, but if the Duke manages to rub me the wrong way I'd rather have some extra time to calm down, and not show up to my vacation with the Oni sisters and Princess Ruby-Eyes while still being pissed off.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:

"A good deal actually. He's very well placed and is still the personal military adviser to the Oni Queen."

"Our other uncle was not well liked among the clan. He was too aggressive and bloodthirsty for our tastes."

"You have a personal attachment?" I ask curiously.

So you send the message?

Yes, but I also tell the sisters it's not meant to be a slight to them or their methods, simply that there might be a difference between tradition and first-hand experience. Meanwhile, I keep practicing.

WHACK!

... it's not like this is the most times I've beaten my head against a figurative wall in trying to learn something useful.

I center, control my breathing, and try again. This time I focus on my breathing, the way the body reacts to breath, the heartbeat in the background and any other sensations I can feel. I sift through those, breath after breath, making a mental list of what changes when.

(roll after post)

They tend to be somewhat unstable. Though there are a number they're created artificially.

And they know JUST the portal for the sun and surf. There's been one linking them to the pirate islands for millennia. One of the ancient lost civilizations that formally ruled the islands were demon worshipers. Maybe a bit too intense actually because its their overuse of chaotic energy as a power source that is the reason why they're the former rulers, a lost civilization, and islands is plural...

Are they seagoing pirates or sky-pirates or some combination of the two? Because either could be interesting.

I also ask the sisters if they vacationed there, given how enthusiastic they seem about the place's virtues.

Of course they made it!

It's a traditional Red Oni dish!

"You really should have mentioned that to begin with. I wouldn't have hesitated about the whole Handmaiden issue for nearly as long if you had," I say with a grin.

The Halfling crosses his arms and huffs a bit looking somewhat offended.

"Master," One of the sisters cuts in, "In this case it is a artifact of Halfling culture. For them it is not the value of an artifact, but the story behind it that drives their theft. Most halflings would happily turn down an easy king's ransom in favor of a trinket that gives them a good story to tell..."

The Handling smiles. "Aye! The pretty girls get it! I won't say we don't like our gold, oh, we love the things gold can buy... but we don't value opulence for its own sake. We're a simple people with simple tastes. It's all about the comforts of home and you don't need vaults and vaults of endless wealth to fill your belly and keep you warm. Just enough to keep the merchants happy and a tax man at bay. What we're greedy for is a good story! A dashing tale of daring and danger, possibly with a nice shiny for putting on your mantel to show the nieces and nephews!"

If you press on it seems that most Halflings are what you'd call working wealthy. They normally will come across gold on their adventures which goes into the family pot and they value manual labor and tend to be exceptional gardeners and shockingly capable craftsman, though their crafts tend to be more along the lines of perishable goods... normally high quality handicrafts, and its safe to say that their skill as chefs is almost legendary.

For a minute I'm tempted to say something pithy concerning that first bit, then the rest comes through and I keep quiet for a moment.

... this has potential.

They were both looking to get the same very rare spice herb.

Which honestly is one of the few things Halflings are willing to outright steal right from under you, especially if you're both in the field looking for it at the same time.

Halflings don't fuck around when it comes to food. That and harming their kin is the main situation when you learn not to fuck with a race of naturally stealthy folks with a perchance for breaking and entering who can stab you in the dick without angling down.

"Something has just occurred to me," I say, thoughtfully. "Something potentially foolish, but it might just be a matter of the right resource being in the right place. As the chef said, I appear to share the palette of my predecessors where food is concerned, thus making poaching any cooking staff from the palace kitchens a potential waste of a portion of their skills. I will, however, require a household chef at some point. Said chef would have the opportunity to work with some rather obscure ingredients, I imagine, and would face the challenge of adapting to not only my own requests, but those of my entourage."

I give the halfing a frank, considering look.

"I'm considering giving you enough rope to hang yourself with, or hoist yourself bodily out of this predicament. It would make for a good story either way, wouldn't you say?"

Yeah, pretty much had me at 'don't fuck around when it comes to food'.

If the halfing's interested, then I'll let him have access to a _portion_ of the kitchens, under guard. He'd still be pretty much a prisoner, until he does something stupid or, and this would be far preferable, manages to impress.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:40 pm

'd10' : 8

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Kelenas wrote:"
Hm...what about running water?

Nope.

Or, for that matter, what happens when there is a continuous object running through the portal? Like, say, a rope, ladder, a trail of connected carts, a pipe, or the like? Does the portal remain open, or is there a danger of it suddenly closing and cutting of whatever was currently in it?

Doesn't really work that way. Basically its just a fold that allows living things to pass.

So, portals to the demon realm are more likely in areas heavily associated with fire, darkness and/or chaos, portals to the angel realm in places that are associated with light, air and order, and so on?

Yes. Exactly.

Sweet. Can that be scaled up? For kegs, carts, and the like?

Gets VERY expensive very fast as you raise the stored volume.

Ah. Well, maybe we're lucky and those places are rich in oil and other resources instead...

Still doesn't move past the most critical need: FOOD!

"Good," I reply with a smile. "I look forward to having you there, and hope you'll enjoy yourself."

She looks amused.

So, unless the Princess has anything else she'd like to talk about, I'm guessing the breakfast is slowly winding down. If so, I'll leave after giving the Princess all due courtesies, to talk with the Duke and General, then meet up with her and my handmaidens in an hour or two.

She's still a bit stand offish but has managed to relax somewhat.

If you'd like to just chat about something on the side, a bit give me some topics and I'll tell you how they turned out.

If that's acceptable, I'll move on to talk with the Duke. I'd kinda prefer to start with the General since he seems like I nice guy I wouldn't mind having a beer with after work, but if the Duke manages to rub me the wrong way I'd rather have some extra time to calm down, and not show up to my vacation with the Oni sisters and Princess Ruby-Eyes while still being pissed off.

You find him being given a massage by some of the palace staff. Those Ninja maids got skills.

"Ah, greetings awe inspiring one. Lie down and let the servants perform their arts. How are you doing today? Well sexed I see, but beyond that, inquiring minds must know."

Rieverre wrote:"You have a personal attachment?" I ask curiously.

He effectively raised them after their parents were killed in battle.

Same battle he was crippled in.

Yes, but I also tell the sisters it's not meant to be a slight to them or their methods, simply that there might be a difference between tradition and first-hand experience. Meanwhile, I keep practicing.

Oh, he says that he finds the best way to do it is to simply have some fun blowing things up. Wink

... it's not like this is the most times I've beaten my head against a figurative wall in trying to learn something useful.

I center, control my breathing, and try again. This time I focus on my breathing, the way the body reacts to breath, the heartbeat in the background and any other sensations I can feel. I sift through those, breath after breath, making a mental list of what changes when.

*WHACK!*

Are they seagoing pirates or sky-pirates or some combination of the two? Because either could be interesting.

Both.

I also ask the sisters if they vacationed there, given how enthusiastic they seem about the place's virtues.

Sun, sand, surf, rum-drinks and the locals will do anything for coin.

"You really should have mentioned that to begin with. I wouldn't have hesitated about the whole Handmaiden issue for nearly as long if you had," I say with a grin.

Giggle.

The Halfling looks intrigued...

"Something has just occurred to me," I say, thoughtfully. "Something potentially foolish, but it might just be a matter of the right resource being in the right place. As the chef said, I appear to share the palette of my predecessors where food is concerned, thus making poaching any cooking staff from the palace kitchens a potential waste of a portion of their skills. I will, however, require a household chef at some point. Said chef would have the opportunity to work with some rather obscure ingredients, I imagine, and would face the challenge of adapting to not only my own requests, but those of my entourage."

I give the halfing a frank, considering look.

"I'm considering giving you enough rope to hang yourself with, or hoist yourself bodily out of this predicament. It would make for a good story either way, wouldn't you say?"

Yeah, pretty much had me at 'don't fuck around when it comes to food'.

If the halfing's interested, then I'll let him have access to a _portion_ of the kitchens, under guard. He'd still be pretty much a prisoner, until he does something stupid or, and this would be far preferable, manages to impress.

Oh, he's very interested... though if you'd allow it, he'd like to send a letter to his kin to tell them he's still alive. It has been some time since he last wrote and they must be terribly worried.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:25 pm

[quote="Psyckosama"]Sorry about the delay. Got caught up in life and video games.

Last week was a bitch. Letting men named "Doctor" put perfectly good drills in your mouth is never fun... especially not at 8:30am... during a snow storm.[/uote]

Eesh...

Brian Boru wrote:"I'm sworn to keep her secrets but I will tell you, she's a very passionate young woman. Her fire and drive are great and its only a shame that she could not inherit the throne of her own right. She's very wise for her young age..."

I dip my head in thanks, "That you High Priest. I will remember what you told me."

Nothin'

*eyetwitch*

Try again....

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

"More like pork, sire... like sucklin' piglet.... they got tender meat they does."

"I'll keep that in mind..."

Then I sit to eat the damn lizard. Who all's here?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum