You are the Demon King...

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 16 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Kelenas on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Doesn't really work that way. Basically its just a fold that allows living things to pass.
How do they get any appreciable quantities of trade goods through, then?

Yes. Exactly.
Mkay.

Gets VERY expensive very fast as you raise the stored volume.
Where's the general cut-off line for increased space? Basically, what's the largest thing commonly enchanted that way, and how much can it normally hold?

Still doesn't move past the most critical need: FOOD!
Not *yet* anyway.

She looks amused.
It might be at my cost, but it's still a step up from emotional exhaustion. Progress! Smile

She's still a bit stand offish but has managed to relax somewhat.

If you'd like to just chat about something on the side, a bit give me some topics and I'll tell you how they turned out.
Well, I'd avoid any stressfull topics, like the demon realm's or the world's politics, government business, and so on.

Instead, the first general topic will be the beach-visit today. Mostly what ideas I had for it (lazing about in the sun, some swimming, maybe some ball games, exploring the island a bit and see if we find anything interesting, and towards the evening a beach-barbecue to round things out) and whether she can think of anything interesting to add.

The second general topic will be magic. I'm *really* looking forward to learning it (who in their right fucking mind wouldn't) so I'm kind of interested on getting her take on the various types of magic, especially on Fire, Darkness and Chaos given that they're the three I'd probably have the most access to in regards to learning material. I heard she spent a lot on time on those, so I figure it's something she enjoys, and I'd like to hear about the topic from an enthusiast, before my interest has a chance to get killed by the reality of slow studying and all that.

You find him being given a massage by some of the palace staff. Those Ninja maids got skills.
Okay, sneaking, massage, stealth... I'm getting really curious what else they can do. Probably horrifically murder someone with a feather duster, and the like.

"Ah, greetings awe inspiring one. Lie down and let the servants perform their arts. How are you doing today? Well sexed I see, but beyond that, inquiring minds must know."
"Good morning, sharp tongued one," I reply cheerfully without missing a beat while I take him up on the offer, stripping down to get a massage as well. "I'm quite well; still getting used to everything, but I definitely enjoy the perks.
"However," I continue more seriously, "I also try to take the responsibilities that come with those perks seriously, and get a grasp on things, which is why I'm here. From what you told me during breakfast yesterday, the previous emperor wasn't a big fan of more subtle ways of problem-solving and the angels have won the propaganda war pretty much unopposed, but I was hoping you could give me a bit more details about where we really stand on the covert front. Any issues that need to be addressed, but also any strength that would be worth shoring up; that sort of thing."
Kelenas
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Handmaidens: The Red Oni Sisters
-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni. Elder Handmaiden.
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni. Younger Handmaiden

Harem:
Lamia Concubine: Archives clerk with some magical aptitude.
Arachne Concubine: Assassin and bane of food everywhere.

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan (pending results of letter)

Pending Events:
- letters to the Grand Princess
- Webmail (Arachne sends letter of thanks to the Princess)
- the Lamia and the library

Rieverre wrote:He effectively raised them after their parents were killed in battle.

Same battle he was crippled in.

Well, if he's coming to the meeting as well I'll have a chance to form my own opinion, but forewarned is forearmed. Still, if by some unlikely and utterly unexpected twist of fate, their cousin the current clan head should find himself removed from his position, would their uncle accept it back? Do they know if he would still be willing to do the job?

Oh, he says that he finds the best way to do it is to simply have some fun blowing things up. Wink

... sounds worth trying. And since we're already at the artillery range ... err, the Emperor's training hall ... we can get right on that.

Now. Target. Target. Well, that rock will do. It looks solid enough and far enough away. I have a sinking suspicion that if I should try to overthink this, it'll just go wrong anyway.

Oh, and that I probably shouldn't start chanting any of Dark Schneider's or Lina Inverse's spells, just to stay on the safe side. I stretch out my hand, imagine there's an invisible line between it and the boulder, and start to imagine flames licking and searing their way through the air, along that line, and at the impromptu target.

Sun, sand, surf, rum-drinks and the locals will do anything for coin.

Sounds appealing. I could probably get a good Mojito there too ^^.

Incidentally, are the seas around them somewhat normal, or are there remnants of horribly chaos-mutated wildlife on the prowl to try and eat whatever enters their realm?

Oh, he's very interested... though if you'd allow it, he'd like to send a letter to his kin to tell them he's still alive. It has been some time since he last wrote and they must be terribly worried.

"Impress us first. Then you'll be able to write about how you cunningly made the best of the predicament and managed to turn the situation to your advantage."

That should be a proper bit of motivation, and a bit of stick in addition to the carrot.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:07 am

Brian Boru wrote:Eesh...

Tell me about it.

I dip my head in thanks, "That you High Priest.  I will remember what you told me."

He nods.

*eyetwitch*

Try again....

Still nothing... you feel yourself getting frustrated.

Do you give into your hate, boy?

"I'll keep that in mind..."

Then I sit to eat the damn lizard.  Who all's here?

The princess, the priest, the general, the duke, a couple girls who seem to be hanging off of the Duke...

Kelenas wrote:How do they get any appreciable quantities of trade goods through, then?

Bags of Holding

Where's the general cut-off line for increased space? Basically, what's the largest thing commonly enchanted that way, and how much can it normally hold?

Honestly though even on a normal one you can carry a great deal.

Not *yet* anyway.

Though in all honesty, the one thing the Demon World has is resources.

It might be at my cost, but it's still a step up from emotional exhaustion. Progress! Smile

Heh.

Well, I'd avoid any stressfull topics, like the demon realm's or the world's politics, government business, and so on.

Instead, the first general topic will be the beach-visit today. Mostly what ideas I had for it (lazing about in the sun, some swimming, maybe some ball games, exploring the island a bit and see if we find anything interesting, and towards the evening a beach-barbecue to round things out) and whether she can think of anything interesting to add.

Who's going to be doing the cooking she wonders.

And she thinks it sounds relaxing.

The second general topic will be magic. I'm *really* looking forward to learning it (who in their right fucking mind wouldn't) so I'm kind of interested on getting her take on the various types of magic, especially on Fire, Darkness and Chaos given that they're the three I'd probably have the most access to in regards to learning material. I heard she spent a lot on time on those, so I figure it's something she enjoys, and I'd like to hear about the topic from an enthusiast, before my interest has a chance to get killed by the reality of slow studying and all that.

Studying? She laughs and points out as demons you're not well suited to magery. You need to learn to do it by experience and intent! Feel the fire of your blood! The passion, the rage! Embrace your aggressive feelings! Let the hate flow through you.

Okay, sneaking, massage, stealth... I'm getting really curious what else they can do. Probably horrifically murder someone with a feather duster, and the like.

Yep. Many skills.

"Good morning, sharp tongued one," I reply cheerfully without missing a beat while I take him up on the offer, stripping down to get a massage as well. "I'm quite well; still getting used to everything, but I definitely enjoy the perks.

"Yes. So have you fucked the help yet?" he chuckles, "I keep trying but they won't give me the time of day..."

The maid gives him a little thump. "Language, m'lord!"

"Yes, yes... I'll be a good... oh yes, that's the spot right there..."

"However," I continue more seriously, "I also try to take the responsibilities that come with those perks seriously, and get a grasp on things, which is why I'm here. From what you told me during breakfast yesterday, the previous emperor wasn't a big fan of more subtle ways of problem-solving and the angels have won the propaganda war pretty much unopposed, but I was hoping you could give me a bit more details about where we really stand on the covert front. Any issues that need to be addressed, but also any strength that would be worth shoring up; that sort of thing."

He sighs. "The Angels won the propaganda war ten thousand years ago. Your predecessor did nothing to improve our image though. What with the rapings, the pillaging, the armies of Orcs and Fire Demons sating themselves with manflesh..." he sighed, "As for our covert angle... worst its been for centuries. He ordered the cults to rise up, the fool, and most were cut down in turn."

Rieverre wrote:Well, if he's coming to the meeting as well I'll have a chance to form my own opinion, but forewarned is forearmed. Still, if by some unlikely and utterly unexpected twist of fate, their cousin the current clan head should find himself removed from his position, would their uncle accept it back? Do they know if he would still be willing to do the job?

Yes. He would.

... sounds worth trying. And since we're already at the artillery range ... err, the Emperor's training hall ... we can get right on that.

Now. Target. Target. Well, that rock will do. It looks solid enough and far enough away. I have a sinking suspicion that if I should try to overthink this, it'll just go wrong anyway.

Oh, and that I probably shouldn't start chanting any of Dark Schneider's or Lina Inverse's spells, just to stay on the safe side. I stretch out my hand, imagine there's an invisible line between it and the boulder, and start to imagine flames licking and searing their way through the air, along that line, and at the impromptu target.

Roll.

Sounds appealing. I could probably get a good Mojito there too ^^.

Incidentally, are the seas around them somewhat normal, or are there remnants of horribly chaos-mutated wildlife on the prowl to try and eat whatever enters their realm?

There's a reason that the major nations are willing to allow a demon friendly bunch of thugs and brigands to have free reign in an entire range of islands...

"Impress us first. Then you'll be able to write about how you cunningly made the best of the predicament and managed to turn the situation to your advantage."

"True true..."

That should be a proper bit of motivation, and a bit of stick in addition to the carrot.

"So when do you want me to get started?"

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:55 am

Psyckosama wrote:Tell me about it.

It's over now though right?

He nods.

Heh

Still nothing... you feel yourself getting frustrated.

Do you give into your hate, boy?

At this point...? Yes... yes I do...

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

The princess, the priest, the general, the duke, a couple girls who seem to be hanging off of the Duke...

I give the princess and the priest a cordial welcome then I turn to the general, "Good Evening General, I haven't seen you since the day I arrived, I assume everything has been alright with you?"

I glance over at the duke and mention, "And a good evening yourself Duke. I see I'm not the only one with a collection."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:Who's going to be doing the cooking she wonders.

And she thinks it sounds relaxing.
Cooking we'd do ourselves; it's more meant to be fun rather than about the meal itself. Though if necessary I should know enough to at least produce something edible.
Plus, there's always the option of just raiding the kitchen when we come back.

Studying? She laughs and points out as demons you're not well suited to magery. You need to learn to do it by experience and intent! Feel the fire of your blood! The passion, the rage! Embrace your aggressive feelings! Let the hate flow through you.
Well, training, then.

I take it rather than carefully lighting candles or the like, said training will likely consist of blowing stuff up?

Yep. Many skills.
I wonder if those skills also extend to the bedroom...
Though it also sounds like I should have a talk with one in general; find out exactly what those maids can do, and whether their skills and talents are under-utilized.

By the way; is the demon maid waking and otherwise serving me always the same?

"Yes. So have you fucked the help yet?" he chuckles, "I keep trying but they won't give me the time of day..."

The maid gives him a little thump. "Language, m'lord!"

"Yes, yes... I'll be a good... oh yes, that's the spot right there..."
"First time one woke me up, I immediately asked her to join me in bed," I admitted shamelessly, while waiting for another maid to start giving me the same massage-treatment. "She declined, saying that it would be unprofessional. That a running theme?"

He sighs. "The Angels won the propaganda war ten thousand years ago. Your predecessor did nothing to improve our image though. What with the rapings, the pillaging, the armies of Orcs and Fire Demons sating themselves with manflesh..." he sighed, "As for our covert angle... worst its been for centuries. He ordered the cults to rise up, the fool, and most were cut down in turn."
Taking a deep breath, I can't help but bang my head against the headrest a few times, then punctuate my sentiment with a loud exclamation of, "Fuckshit!"

"Alright," I continue after a moment to calm down. "First things first. Can you give me a brief run-down of the drivel the angels feed the mortals? Besides the obvious 'demons are evil because they rape and eat you' stuff. Chances are if I understand them right, the angels won't just limit themselves to that, but also use the opportunity to try and tell the mortals how to lead their lives, and I'd like to know what we're dealing with in that regard.
Second, you said 'cults'; so I take it our covert angle has certain religious or spiritual connotations? How are things with groups of a shady but secular nature, though? Thieves', smugglers' and assassins' guilds, and the like?"
Kelenas
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:

Rieverre wrote:Yes. He would.

We'll see how that goes then. If their cousin is as intemperate as implied, opportunities might well occur without much help at all.

Roll.

Don't think, feel! /random Persona 4 quote

*roll in next post*

There's a reason that the major nations are willing to allow a demon friendly bunch of thugs and brigands to have free reign in an entire range of islands...

How big are we talking about, and are they edible? Because, man, fried Kraken tentacles ...

"So when do you want me to get started?"

"I don't believe we've made plans for supper yet."

Might as well get that first showing arranged to be ASAP.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:07 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 2

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:Status check on myself, and keep an eye on points of entry.

Well, you've probably gained a good in height, about 50 Kilos in muscle, and a set of wicked horns.

well fuck, there goes fiting in with a human population in case i have to make a run for it. is there a window?

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:It's over now though right?

Nope. Not even close.

At this point...?  Yes... yes I do...

You manage to produce a poof of fire and get a small headache.

"Careful. Focus! You must DIRECT your rage lest it consume you!"

I give the princess and the priest a cordial welcome then I turn to the general, "Good Evening General, I haven't seen you since the day I arrived, I assume everything has been alright with you?"

"Aye. I got duties, lad, and unlike you lot I'm not bloody immortal. I count my days and make the best of 'em. Don't mean to sound crass, but couldn't wait for sleepin' beauty to awaken."

I glance over at the duke and mention, "And a good evening yourself Duke.  I see I'm not the only one with a collection."

He chuckles. "What is this I see? Some wit? Why I see you can learn! The Demonic Blood is good for you."

Kelenas wrote:Cooking we'd do ourselves; it's more meant to be fun rather than about the meal itself. Though if necessary I should know enough to at least produce something edible.
Plus, there's always the option of just raiding the kitchen when we come back.

She smiles. Can she bring some of her friends?

Well, training, then.

I take it rather than carefully lighting candles or the like, said training will likely consist of blowing stuff up?

"Yes. Big explosions."

Go to the training hall and roll?

I wonder if those skills also extend to the bedroom...

He wouldn't know... he assumes so but they're a tough bunch.

Though it also sounds like I should have a talk with one in general; find out exactly what those maids can do, and whether their skills and talents are under-utilized.

You can if you'd like...

IF you do. "We were taught it is the duty of a true maid to be proficient in all things that we may better serve."

By the way; is the demon maid waking and otherwise serving me always the same?

No, there seems to be a small unit.

You are the Demon King... - Page 16 BxBaBoTYou are the Demon King... - Page 16 JnOSpDv

The maids thus far.

"First time one woke me up, I immediately asked her to join me in bed," I admitted shamelessly, while waiting for another maid to start giving me the same massage-treatment. "She declined, saying that it would be unprofessional. That a running theme?"

"For me at least," he comments, "Have asked anyone else..."

The maid working your back, and yes, her skills are DIVINE says, "That kind of service master, is one we reserve only for those who have ignited our passions and earned our true hearts. As our Emperor and sworn master we will happily give our lives for you and serve you in all but that one, for as proper maids we will give ourselves to our masters mind body and soul, but our hearts are our own."

The Duke looks over. "Why did you ever tell me that?"

"Because you are an asshole, m'lord."

"Yes, yes, there is that..."

Taking a deep breath, I can't help but bang my head against the headrest a few times, then punctuate my sentiment with a loud exclamation of, "Fuckshit!"

"Ah yes. That was roughly my reaction though I was perhaps somewhat less polite about it."

"Alright," I continue after a moment to calm down. "First things first. Can you give me a brief run-down of the drivel the angels feed the mortals? Besides the obvious 'demons are evil because they rape and eat you' stuff. Chances are if I understand them right, the angels won't just limit themselves to that, but also use the opportunity to try and tell the mortals how to lead their lives, and I'd like to know what we're dealing with in that regard.

"More they plant ideas about excessive rules and morals... about how you must deny ones passions and dedicate yourself to the 'Greater Good' and such rot. Bunch of Self-Denying sexually frustrated ponces..."

Second, you said 'cults'; so I take it our covert angle has certain religious or spiritual connotations? How are things with groups of a shady but secular nature, though? Thieves', smugglers' and assassins' guilds, and the like?"

Somewhat. They tend to be less reliable though. There's something to be said about religious zeal...

Rieverre wrote:We'll see how that goes then. If their cousin is as intemperate as implied, opportunities might well occur without much help at all.

Right.

Don't think, feel! /random Persona 4 quote

*roll in next post*

You manage to produce a fist size sphere of black fire that explodes with surprising force.

https://youtu.be/5cIBD22RhUE?t=9s

How big are we talking about, and are they edible? Because, man, fried Kraken tentacles ...

Huge and yes...

I'll tell you now... he doesn't do very FANCY food as Halflings are less of the "Show off with overly fancy stuff" and tend to be more taking simple and enjoyable fare and turning it into magic. You could dedicate an entire reason of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives to Halfling Kitchens. They're the ULTIMATE foodies.

Needless to say, the food is both recognizable to a traditional European pallet and is amazingly good.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:well fuck, there goes fiting in with a human population in case i have to make a run for it. is there a window?

Yes. You seem to be very high up. The sky is a deep, featureless red, the landscape is barren and broken, there's a vast volcano spewing ash in the distance and there's a large city near by.

Not long after you get over your initial shock, the door opens up and two red skinned female demons enter.

You are the Demon King... - Page 16 9ablZGnYou are the Demon King... - Page 16 UVBF12R

they seem to be carrying a large covered platter of food and a jug...

Good god that smells good...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:44 am

Psyckosama wrote:Nope. Not even close.

ouch

You manage to produce a poof of fire and get a small headache.

"Careful. Focus! You must DIRECT your rage lest it consume you!"

"GOT IT!" I half snarl. I almost had something that time, one more, just one more time. I focus my fury, directing every ounce of my frustration into blasting that rock to the atomic level.

"Aye. I got duties, lad, and unlike you lot I'm not bloody immortal. I count my days and make the best of 'em. Don't mean to sound crass, but couldn't wait for sleepin' beauty to awaken."

"Understandable, I'd have done the same thing, immortal or otherwise."

He chuckles. "What is this I see? Some wit? Why I see you can learn! The Demonic Blood is good for you."

"A small miracle I guess."

As I eat I ask the general what's happened with him since I went under and what the mood of the troops and what not? Just so I can have a clear picture of the situation.

As for the Duke, I get a better look at his ladies, JUST to see what they are, then I ask him if there's any new news from the clan leaders and how much longer I've got before meeting with all of them?

I also ask the duke and the princess what their opinions about whatever news he brings up if any.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:58 am

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:

Rieverre wrote:You manage to produce a fist size sphere of black fire that explodes with surprising force.

... that was actually going to be what I tried next.

"Let's see," I say, narrowing my eyes as I settle on another target, and begin pacing, back and forth. Seething. The point seems to be to take my emotions, and use them, turning them into my weapons ... that's eerily familiar right there, and I can't rightly stop myself from what comes next.

"There is no peace, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The Force shall set me free!"

I throw out my hand and trust my feelings.^^

(and the roll in the next post as usual, though given all indicators it's likely to be lousy this time)

Huge and yes...

So, has anyone made combat fishing an institution yet? Because that could be a fair way of getting more foodstuffs back here.

I'll tell you now... he doesn't do very FANCY food as Halflings are less of the "Show off with overly fancy stuff" and tend to be more taking simple and enjoyable fare and turning it into magic. You could dedicate an entire reason of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives to Halfling Kitchens. They're the ULTIMATE foodies.

Soo ... basically, they're my people.

Needless to say, the food is both recognizable to a traditional European pallet and is amazingly good.

Interesting. Not entirely to my tastes then, but it definitely has potential. I tell him to go with something lighter and with a little more heat next time. After all, it wouldn't be fair to make a snap judgment on this ^^

How did the others enjoy it? (assuming it's not just the sisters and I as the Arachne is still sleeping off this morning's food orgy and the Lamia is still being a Book Golem).
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:58 am

'd10' : 4

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:50 am

Psyckosama wrote:She smiles. Can she bring some of her friends?
Alright.

Gotte admit I'm curious who she'll bring.

Though I'm afraid that this might annoy my handmaidens, given that this was meant to be for the three of us to spend time together. Guess I'll have to find a way to make it up to them.

"Yes. Big explosions."
Somehow I can't shake the impression that the Mythbusters would feel very much at home here. 'When in doubt; C4.' or 'Jamie wants a big boom!'

Go to the training hall and roll?
Sure, why not? Roll is below the post.

You can if you'd like...

IF you do. "We were taught it is the duty of a true maid to be proficient in all things that we may better serve."
Wow; that's pretty impressive.

No, there seems to be a small unit.

- pic snip -

The maids thus far.
Ah, alright then.

"For me at least," he comments, "Have asked anyone else..."

The maid working your back, and yes, her skills are DIVINE says, "That kind of service master, is one we reserve only for those who have ignited our passions and earned our true hearts. As our Emperor and sworn master we will happily give our lives for you and serve you in all but that one, for as proper maids we will give ourselves to our masters mind body and soul, but our hearts are our own."
I see. Maybe in time, then.

The Duke looks over. "Why did you ever tell me that?"

"Because you are an asshole, m'lord."

"Yes, yes, there is that..."
I can't help but break out in laughter at that. "I like her sass."

"More they plant ideas about excessive rules and morals... about how you must deny ones passions and dedicate yourself to the 'Greater Good' and such rot. Bunch of Self-Denying sexually frustrated ponces..."
Just sex, or other pleasures and passions as well? Basically, trying to get an overall feel for them. Would be a comparison to the medieval christian church be accurate or at least close?

Somewhat. They tend to be less reliable though. There's something to be said about religious zeal...
Detached professionalism has its advantages, too. Though ideally both should be available.

So, how does forming cults or contacting those organizations work, generally?
And how active and strong are the other factions - angels, spirits, undead, and finally the mortals themselves - in that area?

Last edited by Kelenas on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Kelenas
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:50 am

The member 'Kelenas' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 3

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"GOT IT!"  I half snarl.  I almost had something that time, one more, just one more time.  I focus my fury, directing every ounce of my frustration into blasting that rock to the atomic level.

You don't got it.

You let loose an impressive blast of energy but the feedback is AGONIZING. It feels like your brain is being cooked in your skull.

He stumble back and are caught by the Priest. "Easy boy! Easy!"

"Understandable, I'd have done the same thing, immortal or otherwise."

"Priorities. I like that."

"A small miracle I guess."

He chuckles.

As I eat I ask the general what's happened with him since I went under and what the mood of the troops and what not?  Just so I can have a clear picture of the situation.

"They're still smarting from the withdraw and are anxious to bust more skulls." he pauses, "We're orcs. It's our nature."

As for the Duke, I get a better look at his ladies, JUST to see what they are, then I ask him if there's any new news from the clan leaders and how much longer I've got before meeting with all of them?

Need to get pictures. Ask again later.

I also ask the duke and the princess what their opinions about whatever news he brings up if any.

Now that's kinda a strange non-question...

Rieverre wrote:You manage to produce a fist size sphere of black fire that explodes with surprising force.

... that was actually going to be what I tried next.

"Let's see," I say, narrowing my eyes as I settle on another target, and begin pacing, back and forth. Seething. The point seems to be to take my emotions, and use them, turning them into my weapons ... that's eerily familiar right there, and I can't rightly stop myself from what comes next.

"There is no peace, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The Force shall set me free!"

I throw out my hand and trust my feelings.^^

(and the roll in the next post as usual, though given all indicators it's likely to be lousy this time)[/quote]

You manage to produce an impressive fireball, and also produce an impressive headache.

"Interesting speech, but you need to have focus as well as drive."

So, has anyone made combat fishing an institution yet? Because that could be a fair way of getting more foodstuffs back here.

Yes... but in general most dark world creatures tend to be hard to take down... they live deep and hit fast.

Soo ... basically, they're my people.

Heh.

Interesting. Not entirely to my tastes then, but it definitely has potential. I tell him to go with something lighter and with a little more heat next time. After all, it wouldn't be fair to make a snap judgment on this ^^

He has some ideas... though admits he'd need time to experiment. He also admit he's not used to cooking with high heat. Those peppers are expensive where he's from and they tend to favor different flavors because of it. Still, he's very hopeful that you enjoyed the meal and would be quite pleased to learn other ways of cooking.

Does he pass?

Please note, the food while relatively simple fare was absolutely delicious. Halflings clearly know what the hell they are doing.

How did the others enjoy it? (assuming it's not just the sisters and I as the Arachne is still sleeping off this morning's food orgy and the Lamia is still being a Book Golem).

Well, who did you invite?

Kelenas wrote:Alright.

Gotte admit I'm curious who she'll bring.

You'll see.

Though I'm afraid that this might annoy my handmaidens, given that this was meant to be for the three of us to spend time together. Guess I'll have to find a way to make it up to them.

True...

Somehow I can't shake the impression that the Mythbusters would feel very much at home here. 'When in doubt; C4.' or 'Jamie wants a big boom!'

Heh.

Sure, why not? Roll is below the post.

Earth shattering KABOOM.

You actually leave a HOLE IN THE WALL.

The priest blinks. "Well, you seem to have that mostly down pat."

Darth Vader Motherfuckers! Very Happy

Wow; that's pretty impressive.

They cook, they clean, they can assassinate your enemies...

I see. Maybe in time, then.

Heh.

I can't help but break out in laughter at that. "I like her sass."

"Thank you, sire."

Just sex, or other pleasures and passions as well? Basically, trying to get an overall feel for them. Would be a comparison to the medieval christian church be accurate or at least close?

Generally from the sound of it, if they demons are Sith they're Jedi... with all the stiffness that implies.

Detached professionalism has its advantages, too. Though ideally both should be available.

"A lot of those groups went to ground and the previous emperor was nothing if not a hindrance to relations with them... sadly the Vampires tend to have a strong pull with such groups as a rule and under his gross misconduct a number switched over."

So, how does forming cults or contacting those organizations work, generally?

Power in exchange for loyalty... and even the chance to become a demon.

And how active and strong are the other factions - angels, spirits, undead, and finally the mortals themselves - in that area?

The angels and spirits normally tend to have official sanction in most of the "Light" nations up to and involving a place in state religious. The Undead mostly deal with assassins and the more organized dark organizations. Demons due to their dark and chaotic nature tend to be mostly cults, gangs, rebels and other disorganized groups.

Frankly from the sound of things... You're pretty much the patron lord of "Chaos" in the Warhammer Sense.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

Yes. You seem to be very high up. The sky is a deep, featureless red, the landscape is barren and broken, there's a vast volcano spewing ash in the distance and there's a large city near by.

Not long after you get over your initial shock, the door opens up and two red skinned female demons enter.

You are the Demon King... - Page 16 9ablZGnYou are the Demon King... - Page 16 UVBF12R

they seem to be carrying a large covered platter of food and a jug...

Good god that smells good...
My eyes dart to each demoness in turn then to the platter of food.
"Hello, do you mind providing introductions?"

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times?

You manage to produce an impressive fireball, and also produce an impressive headache.

"Interesting speech, but you need to have focus as well as drive."

"Yes, well, those are the dangers of misquoting," I reply, pinching the bridge of my nose and wincing, trying to ward off the headache. "Should have started with 'Peace is a lie'."

... wait, who said that? Did someone show up while I was distracted?

Yes... but in general most dark world creatures tend to be hard to take down... they live deep and hit fast.

The mutants qualify as those? Interesting. Still, there should be means.

I suddenly have to fight off the image of the flagship with an oversized fishing pole on the back ...

He has some ideas... though admits he'd need time to experiment. He also admit he's not used to cooking with high heat. Those peppers are expensive where he's from and they tend to favor different flavors because of it. Still, he's very hopeful that you enjoyed the meal and would be quite pleased to learn other ways of cooking.

Does he pass?

Please note, the food while relatively simple fare was absolutely delicious. Halflings clearly know what the hell they are doing.

"It was certainly delicious, but this isn't a decision made on the back of a single meal. So far, it's looking good, but I'd like to see what you can do and how you can vary up your meal plans over the course of, let's say, five days, before I make the final call. Consistency in quality is important after all."

Well, who did you invite?

Since we were heading back anyway, I thought we'd grab the Lamia, and then ask the Arachne if she'd like to join us for supper when we got back to the suite. I don't think I need to mention I consider the Handmaidens attendance a matter of course, especially given their own culinary abilities and opinions. After all, the Halfing isn't just going to be cooking for me alone here.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:58 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ESTrnhSRHn8ieE82zawTASRLy0s9kbmHG_HLyCitt9M/edit

Psyckosama wrote:You'll see.
Okay, I must admit that I'm even more curious now.

True...
Hm... did, during our sex/lovemaking marathon the previous evening/night, where I asked them about themselves (and gave them a chance to ask about myself in turn), they mention anything about favorite dishes or the like? If so, I'll ask the maids to prepare a romantic dinner for the three of us. Or just task the maids with finding out and preparing said romantic dinner.

Earth shattering KABOOM.

You actually leave a HOLE IN THE WALL.

The priest blinks. "Well, you seem to have that mostly down pat."
"...wow. Damn. That felt surprisingly good and natural somehow..."

I'm very much surprised at myself, but I'll definitely keep this training up! Although... what type of magic did I just use? Fire? Darkness? Chaos?

Darth Vader Motherfuckers! Very Happy
I have yet to learn how to force-choke people to death. Though I *definitely* want to before the meeting with the clan heads. Razz

Heh.
You didn't really expect me to give up, considering my self-proclaimed goal and how cute those demon maids are, did you? Razz

"Thank you, sire."
"You're welcome, especially if you keep this up," I chuckle. "I figure it can't hurt if guys like the Duke or I have someone to keep us grounded in reality..."

Generally from the sound of it, if they demons are Sith they're Jedi... with all the stiffness that implies.
Wow. Yeah, that's pretty bad. Also, potentially useful; if we can somehow ramp this up to the point where the population themselves rebell against those teachings.

"A lot of those groups went to ground and the previous emperor was nothing if not a hindrance to relations with them... sadly the Vampires tend to have a strong pull with such groups as a rule and under his gross misconduct a number switched over."
"Damn. We should rectify that as soon as possible, but I also don't want to risk unnecessary competition or conflict with the Undead Realm, considering how weak our position and stretched our resources apparently are. How are our relations with them on the intelligence front?"

Power in exchange for loyalty... and even the chance to become a demon.
Yeah, I can see how the possibility for immortality would be very tempting for many.

The angels and spirits normally tend to have official sanction in most of the "Light" nations up to and involving a place in state religious. The Undead mostly deal with assassins and the more organized dark organizations. Demons due to their dark and chaotic nature tend to be mostly cults, gangs, rebels and other disorganized groups.
Well, that in itself isn't so bad. It should make the whole thing very decentralized, and thus highly resistant to efforts to root it out all at once. At least, until the guy at the top screws up, that is.

And in that regard; how long will it likely take to rebuild our capabilities, assuming the Duke would get all necessary support for this?

Frankly from the sound of things... You're pretty much the patron lord of "Chaos" in the Warhammer Sense.
I kinda gathered as much. I can definitely see Khorne, Slaanesh (and how!) as well as Tzeench, but (thankfully!) fairly little Nurgle. That's probably more the undead's shtick.
Kelenas
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:You don't got it.

You let loose an impressive blast of energy but the feedback is AGONIZING. It feels like your brain is being cooked in your skull.

He stumble back and are caught by the Priest. "Easy boy! Easy!"

"ow!" I try to get back to my feet, then I wait until my brain feels less charbroiled. I look to see if I managed to actually HIT anything with that last one. "Well I actually managed to fire something off that time...now to figure out how to prevent the backlash...."

"Priorities. I like that."

I nod in thanks.

He chuckles.

I grin in return. Maybe this WON'T end in horrible pain for one or both of us....

"They're still smarting from the withdraw and are anxious to bust more skulls." he pauses, "We're orcs. It's our nature."

"That's good to know, better itching to fight than despondent...though hopefully not TOO anxious cause that's a headache NONE of us want I'm sure."

Need to get pictures. Ask again later.

Verbal hint to what they are?

Now that's kinda a strange non-question...

Alright lemme try again...

"In the last few days I've learned, the Oni Clan and the Dragon Clan are two of the big movers and shakers and I know something about their leaders. Dragon Clan's is a formal and prideful fella but show strength and respect and things should remain cordial. Oni's apparently looks and acts much younger than she actually is BUT I've also heard that she's MUCH more cunning and observant and she wasn't particularly fond of my predecessor's policies but not to the point of severe trouble immediately.

Now, what other clans are roughly as big and important as those two and do any of their leaders or prominent members have a big enough grudge and are belligerent enough that they'd like to take their pound of flesh out of my inexperienced hide?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:21 am

[quote="Silver Sun 17"]
Psyckosama wrote:
My eyes dart to each demoness in turn

BOOBS! Very Happy

then to the platter of food.

FOOD! Very Happy

"Hello, do you mind providing introductions?"

"Master, we sisters have been honored to chosen to serve you as your bodyguards and handmaidens. Please accept our true names and our status as your loyal and willing slaves..."

Rieverre wrote:

"Yes, well, those are the dangers of misquoting," I reply, pinching the bridge of my nose and wincing, trying to ward off the headache. "Should have started with 'Peace is a lie'."

... wait, who said that? Did someone show up while I was distracted?

Yeah. The Priest is here.

He sensed your power.

(or rather the GM got mixed up)

The mutants qualify as those? Interesting. Still, there should be means.

Most of the hostile sea life are Dark World creatures that were attracted by the Dark Energy.

I suddenly have to fight off the image of the flagship with an oversized fishing pole on the back ...

Heh.

"It was certainly delicious, but this isn't a decision made on the back of a single meal. So far, it's looking good, but I'd like to see what you can do and how you can vary up your meal plans over the course of, let's say, five days, before I make the final call. Consistency in quality is important after all."

Yes sire...

Since we were heading back anyway, I thought we'd grab the Lamia, and then ask the Arachne if she'd like to join us for supper when we got back to the suite. I don't think I need to mention I consider the Handmaidens attendance a matter of course, especially given their own culinary abilities and opinions. After all, the Halfing isn't just going to be cooking for me alone here.

Well, the Laima eats a goodly amount but is demure about it. Good table manners that one...

The Arache has none on the other hand but doesn't totally lose it this time. Though she does look at the Halfling like he was a self-propelled rump roast.

Kelenas wrote:Status:
Okay, I must admit that I'm even more curious now.

Heh.

Hm... did, during our sex/lovemaking marathon the previous evening/night, where I asked them about themselves (and gave them a chance to ask about myself in turn), they mention anything about favorite dishes or the like? If so, I'll ask the maids to prepare a romantic dinner for the three of us. Or just task the maids with finding out and preparing said romantic dinner.

Food really doesn't come up.

Though if asked they love pies of all kinds.

"...wow. Damn. That felt surprisingly good and natural somehow..."

Seriously dude, who the hell do they think you are!

I'm very much surprised at myself, but I'll definitely keep this training up! Although... what type of magic did I just use? Fire? Darkness? Chaos?

Yes.

I have yet to learn how to force-choke people to death. Though I *definitely* want to before the meeting with the clan heads. Razz

Force Choke is hard. Vaporize a motherfucker with a Fireball isn't.

You didn't really expect me to give up, considering my self-proclaimed goal and how cute those demon maids are, did you? Razz

Heh.

"You're welcome, especially if you keep this up," I chuckle. "I figure it can't hurt if guys like the Duke or I have someone to keep us grounded in reality..."

She smiles very slightly but keeps up the godly massage.

Wow. Yeah, that's pretty bad. Also, potentially useful; if we can somehow ramp this up to the point where the population themselves rebell against those teachings.

Okay, they're not QUITE that bad most of the time but its still stifling.

There's a reason angels fall.

"Damn. We should rectify that as soon as possible, but I also don't want to risk unnecessary competition or conflict with the Undead Realm, considering how weak our position and stretched our resources apparently are. How are our relations with them on the intelligence front?"

"We're rivals to put it politely. In a way they're just as stuffy and hidebound as the angels but instead of putting on airs of being holier than thou, they act like they're oh so important. Though even they recognize the pedigree of the Imperial Line."

Yeah, I can see how the possibility for immortality would be very tempting for many.

Mortals are always looking to ditch mortality. Who wouldn't.

Well, that in itself isn't so bad. It should make the whole thing very decentralized, and thus highly resistant to efforts to root it out all at once. At least, until the guy at the top screws up, that is.

"Quite" he says in a deadpan.

And in that regard; how long will it likely take to rebuild our capabilities, assuming the Duke would get all necessary support for this?

No longer than half a century.

I kinda gathered as much. I can definitely see Khorne, Slaanesh (and how!) as well as Tzeench, but (thankfully!) fairly little Nurgle. That's probably more the undead's shtick.

Even the undead kinda shy away from disease.

Brian Boru wrote:"ow!"  I try to get back to my feet, then I wait until my brain feels less charbroiled.  I look to see if I managed to actually HIT anything with that last one.  "Well I actually managed to fire something off that time...now to figure out how to prevent the backlash...."

"Keep focusing. You have to FOCUS your hatred not just throw it out at random."

I grin in return.  Maybe this WON'T end in horrible pain for one or both of us....

Heh.

"That's good to know, better itching to fight than despondent...though hopefully not TOO anxious cause that's a headache NONE of us want I'm sure."

As long as we keep havingchances to bust skulls, we're happy.

Verbal hint to what they are?

:p

"In the last few days I've learned, the Oni Clan and the Dragon Clan are two of the big movers and shakers and I know something about their leaders.  Dragon Clan's is a formal and prideful fella but show strength and respect and things should remain cordial.  Oni's apparently looks and acts much younger than she actually is BUT I've also heard that she's MUCH more cunning and observant and she wasn't particularly fond of my predecessor's policies but not to the point of severe trouble immediately.

Now, what other clans are roughly as big and important as those two and do any of their leaders or prominent members have a big enough grudge and are belligerent enough that they'd like to take their pound of flesh out of my inexperienced hide?"

Well, they're among the largest. You're going to have to deal with the Dark Elves who are always a pain in the ass, even on a good day. The Red Oni clan while subordinate members of the Oni family are reasonably powerful. The Humanoid clans might be an issue. Expect the Succubus Queen to try and seduce you.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:27 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:

BOOBS! Very Happy
Fucking hormones, i should have more self control; what did that potion do to me?

FOOD! Very Happy
I hunger...

"Master, we sisters have been honored to chosen to serve you as your bodyguards and handmaidens. Please accept our true names and our status as your loyal and willing slaves..."
"Would you mind explaining the significance of the position and what giving your true names means in this world while I eat? I haven't eaten since at least four hours before i arrived in this world.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:04 am

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times

Yeah. The Priest is here.

He sensed your power.

(or rather the GM got mixed up)

(Nah, it's a legit reason. ^^)

I look appropriately surprised.

"Considering the bureaucratic SNAFU ... err, Situation Normal All-Fucked Up ... that my predecessor's death has no doubt caused, I'm surprised to see you without an appointment," I pause for a bit, still wincing at the headache. "Or more surprised than I should be. I just remembered you've probably had to do this a few times already. Delegation?"

Anyway, since he's hear I'll take the chance to pick his brain and fine-tune my understanding of the basics of blowing things up.

And maybe ...

... hmm.

It's been a bit of darkness but mostly fiery boom so far, hasn't it?

Maybe I need to try something a bit different.

"I take all my pain, all my embarrassments and humiliations," I mutter as I proceed to do just that, as well as horribly improv misquote again. This time I focus, though. Focus on making my emotions into diamond hard tips that _pierce_. "And crush them in my hand. And when I open it, I find a diamond. My diamond is my rage."

I fling a hand forward with a snarl, _willing_ spears of darkness to leap out of my shadow and at the nearest practice target.

"I have diamonds in my eyes."

(roll after. tempting fate)

Regardless of how that turns out ...

"Now, if the lovely maid sure to have appeared right behind me on my uttering of these words would be as kind as to provide a mug of tea or similar concoction, I would be most obliged."

Most of the hostile sea life are Dark World creatures that were attracted by the Dark Energy.

I get the feeling we're talking something distinct from the Demon Realm. Specify further?

Yes sire...

Hey, I've hired cooks on the back of a oneshot performance before. It did not turn out to be a sound business decision or for the best.

Meanwhile, I explain to the Halfing the concept of the hamburger, the club sandwich, and the pizza.

Well, the Laima eats a goodly amount but is demure about it. Good table manners that one...

I do expect them to give feedback other than just eating, you know. It's important. After all, if this goes through the Halfing'll be providing food appropriate for all our tastes, and using trial and error to figure those out isn't necessarily efficient.

The Arache has none on the other hand but doesn't totally lose it this time. Though she does look at the Halfling like he was a self-propelled rump roast.

"And this is why cooks are important, my dear," I tell her. "You'll make sure nothing untoward happens to your source of tasty treats, won't you?"

She's already very enthusiastic. The idea shouldn't be very difficult to grasp at all.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:04 am

'd10' : 4

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:26 am

Psyckosama wrote:Food really doesn't come up.

Though if asked they love pies of all kinds.
Well, a romantic dinner for three with pies, then. Somewhat weird, but anything that makes my girls happy. Smile

Seriously dude, who the hell do they think you are!
Now I'm seriously contemplating to get some Kamina glasses, cape, and the like. Just to see the incredulous reaction from any heroes I might have to face later.

Yes.
So... kind of just an uncontroleld raw magic blast instead, rather than anything actually controlled, shaped and specific?

Force Choke is hard. Vaporize a motherfucker with a Fireball isn't.
Awwwww.... *disappointed*

She smiles very slightly but keeps up the godly massage.
I groan in appreciation.

Okay, they're not QUITE that bad most of the time but its still stifling.

There's a reason angels fall.
I didn't expect it to. What I meant is that we could look into manipulating the mortal parts of the faith/religion/philosophy, and both radicalizing it while strengthening its influence over the populace. Basically, keep tightening the limits and regulations it places on the mortal populace, until said populace is fed up with it and either just stops adhering for the most part, or even throw it out entirely.
As unlikely as it might be, it would probably be more likely to be successful than trying to undo thousands of years of cultural indoctrination by the angels.

"We're rivals to put it politely. In a way they're just as stuffy and hidebound as the angels but instead of putting on airs of being holier than thou, they act like they're oh so important. Though even they recognize the pedigree of the Imperial Line."
"Which would apply to you or the Princess, but not to me due to being summoned. So, if I talk to them, they'll probably be polite on the surface, because they consider themselves 'above' petty rudeness or the like, but below that they'll likely be all sneering and superior in face of the conjured commoner, which would have serious negative impact on any negotiations or diplomacy. I can't send you or the High Priest because you're already busy with your respective duties, and I'm somewhat concerned about the Princess' temper if one of the Vampires throws a few jabs at her or her father."

I let out a sigh. "Guess it would've been to easy if we could somehow just ally with them against the Angels."

Mortals are always looking to ditch mortality. Who wouldn't.
True.

No longer than half a century.
Damn.

Even the undead kinda shy away from disease.
Yeah, but I take it they still have zombies and the like amongst their forces?
Kelenas
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Keep focusing. You have to FOCUS your hatred not just throw it out at random."

"Understood. Once more into the fray."

I crack my knuckles. Find that rage I felt earlier then focus it like a spear thrust instead of a wave right at that goddam rock!

Heh.

That a good 'heh' or a bad one?

As long as we keep havingchances to bust skulls, we're happy.

I chuckle a bit, "There's a certain Zen to uncomplicated desires. Though I'm not sure when we'd march. Likely be a while."

:p

Mad 

Well, they're among the largest. You're going to have to deal with the Dark Elves who are always a pain in the ass, even on a good day. The Red Oni clan while subordinate members of the Oni family are reasonably powerful. The Humanoid clans might be an issue. Expect the Succubus Queen to try and seduce you.

"....Succubus...." My eyes twitch at that..."I feel headaches are in my future...."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:Fucking hormones, i should have more self control; what did that potion do to me?

Turned you into a fucking DEMON?

I hunger...

DO YOU EVER!

It's VERY Good. Spicy and tasty meat dish.

"Would you mind explaining the significance of the position and what giving your true names means in this world while I eat? I haven't eaten since at least four hours before i arrived in this world.

They look at eachother.

"It means we are your personal bodyguards and servants. You will be our master in all things. By giving you our true names we're literally giving you the power of life and death over us."

"We're high class Red Oni commanders, undefeated in battle and skilled in all things political, military, and domestic."

Rieverre wrote:(Nah, it's a legit reason. ^^)

Okay. Remind me who's with you?

I look appropriately surprised.

"Considering the bureaucratic SNAFU ... err, Situation Normal All-Fucked Up ... that my predecessor's death has no doubt caused, I'm surprised to see you without an appointment," I pause for a bit, still wincing at the headache. "Or more surprised than I should be. I just remembered you've probably had to do this a few times already. Delegation?"

"I've chosen to remain out of politics. As is, what I am and what I do ensures the survival of the royal line. As you said, this is a 'Snafu'."

Anyway, since he's hear I'll take the chance to pick his brain and fine-tune my understanding of the basics of blowing things up.

And maybe ...

... hmm.

It's been a bit of darkness but mostly fiery boom so far, hasn't it?

Maybe I need to try something a bit different.

"I take all my pain, all my embarrassments and humiliations," I mutter as I proceed to do just that, as well as horribly improv misquote again. This time I focus, though. Focus on making my emotions into diamond hard tips that _pierce_. "And crush them in my hand. And when I open it, I find a diamond. My diamond is my rage."

I fling a hand forward with a snarl, _willing_ spears of darkness to leap out of my shadow and at the nearest practice target.

"I have diamonds in my eyes."

(roll after. tempting fate)

You have a splitting heachache.

And the spear hits the target and... well... explodes.

Regardless of how that turns out ...

"Now, if the lovely maid sure to have appeared right behind me on my uttering of these words would be as kind as to provide a mug of tea or similar concoction, I would be most obliged."

You turn around to see a Maid filling a delicate tea cup.

"One lump or two master, and do you take cream or milk?"

I get the feeling we're talking something distinct from the Demon Realm. Specify further?

"Noone told you about the 5 worlds?"

Hey, I've hired cooks on the back of a oneshot performance before. It did not turn out to be a sound business decision or for the best.

"Ah, common sense that... my mistake."

Meanwhile, I explain to the Halfing the concept of the hamburger, the club sandwich, and the pizza.

You swear his eyes are glowing.

"You do of course realize, sire, that I will have to experiment?"

If you let him, an hour later you're almost hit with a mountain of burgers, Pizzas, and sandwiches.

Some are good, some are bad, some are just okay, some have combinations that make you question his sanity, others are just fucking awesome...

The lesson, do not give a Halfling a culinary challenge. It ends in tears and food.

I do expect them to give feedback other than just eating, you know. It's important. After all, if this goes through the Halfing'll be providing food appropriate for all our tastes, and using trial and error to figure those out isn't necessarily efficient.

The Lamia takes notes.

"And this is why cooks are important, my dear," I tell her. "You'll make sure nothing untoward happens to your source of tasty treats, won't you?"

She's already very enthusiastic. The idea shouldn't be very difficult to grasp at all.

Nod! Nod! Can't talk, eating!

Kelenas wrote:Well, a romantic dinner for three with pies, then. Somewhat weird, but anything that makes my girls happy. Smile

Meat pies, desert pies, all of the pies!

Now I'm seriously contemplating to get some Kamina glasses, cape, and the like. Just to see the incredulous reaction from any heroes I might have to face later.

You are the Demon King... - Page 16 OYIffy8

So... kind of just an uncontroleld raw magic blast instead, rather than anything actually controlled, shaped and specific?

Yes. And a very effective one at that.

Awwwww.... *disappointed*

Meh. You're a Demon King. You got Hellfire.

I groan in appreciation.

Just don't ask for the Happy Ending, okay?

I didn't expect it to. What I meant is that we could look into manipulating the mortal parts of the faith/religion/philosophy, and both radicalizing it while strengthening its influence over the populace. Basically, keep tightening the limits and regulations it places on the mortal populace, until said populace is fed up with it and either just stops adhering for the most part, or even throw it out entirely.
As unlikely as it might be, it would probably be more likely to be successful than trying to undo thousands of years of cultural indoctrination by the angels.

Zealot groups like that pop up all the time. They normally are encouraged to commit suicide by demon.

"Which would apply to you or the Princess, but not to me due to being summoned. So, if I talk to them, they'll probably be polite on the surface, because they consider themselves 'above' petty rudeness or the like, but below that they'll likely be all sneering and superior in face of the conjured commoner, which would have serious negative impact on any negotiations or diplomacy. I can't send you or the High Priest because you're already busy with your respective duties, and I'm somewhat concerned about the Princess' temper if one of the Vampires throws a few jabs at her or her father."

"You are of the royal bloodline. They'd call you 'sired' rather than 'born' but you still meet the standard by their reckoning."

"As for their personalities... they're smug. Extremely smug."

I let out a sigh. "Guess it would've been to easy if we could somehow just ally with them against the Angels."

"Of course. Besides, they tend to have a standing feud with the spirits. Though to be honest we normally don't get along much too better."

Damn.

"What?"

Yeah, but I take it they still have zombies and the like amongst their forces?

"Animated corpses are not a fondness of disease."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
"Understood.  Once more into the fray."

I crack my knuckles.  Find that rage I felt earlier then focus it like a spear thrust instead of a wave right at that goddam rock!

BOOM!

"Better."

That a good 'heh' or a bad one?

Heh...

I chuckle a bit, "There's a certain Zen to uncomplicated desires.  Though I'm not sure when we'd march.  Likely be a while."

"I guess we'll keep it to raiding then"

"....Succubus...."  My eyes twitch at that..."I feel headaches are in my future...."

"Why would it give you a headache? Besides, they're not all about sex..."[/quote]

Last edited by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Harem:

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times

Okay. Remind me who's with you?

Just the Handmaidens.

"I've chosen to remain out of politics. As is, what I am and what I do ensures the survival of the royal line. As you said, this is a 'Snafu'."

"I'd have preferred if at some earlier point you'd told me 'oh, and incidentally, that lovely young lady who's glaring at you like she wants to gut you and string up the remains as holiday decorations is your future wife' but I think I understand your reasoning.

You have a splitting heachache.

And the spear hits the target and... well... explodes.

I need to find a way of doing this without the whole 'pain' part.

You turn around to see a Maid filling a delicate tea cup.

"One lump or two master, and do you take cream or milk?"

"Mug, dear. Not cup. Let's save the cups for times and places requiring a degree of propriety. And I take my tea plain. No sugar, no cream or milk."

"Noone told you about the 5 worlds?"

"Oh, I was told about the 5 worlds, but I'm afraid I still haven't pinned down all the names by which each may be called by. I assume by Dark Realm you mean the realm of the undead then? The fact they're aligned with Order put me off, given the islands' and the mutations' chaotic origins."

You swear his eyes are glowing.

"You do of course realize, sire, that I will have to experiment?"

If you let him, an hour later you're almost hit with a mountain of burgers, Pizzas, and sandwiches.

Some are good, some are bad, some are just okay, some have combinations that make you question his sanity, others are just fucking awesome...

The lesson, do not give a Halfling a culinary challenge. It ends in tears and food.

I count this as being a win, to be honest. After all, how else are you going to learn. Oh, yeah, and I make sure to point the good and the fucking awesome ones out and have the results of the experimentation recorded, so that the successes may be repeated in the future.

I mean, the Demon Realm might not take the world by storm by means of franchise eateries ... but I'm not discounting that as a possible course of action. Stranger things have happened.

Nod! Nod! Can't talk, eating!

Yes, and as she'll likely be eating this well for as long as she stays on, could she please try to pace herself and actually taste the flavors? Once _she_ knows what she likes most instead of just being overwhelmed by the onslaught, she'll be able to inform whoever is cooking so they can make more of it. Or make it better.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Psyckosama wrote:BOOM!

"Better."

"....Niiicceeee...." I then aim at another stone, same process and fire, make sure that first one wasn't a fluke.

"I guess we'll keep it to raiding then"

"So long as it doesn't lead to a horrible reprisal go for it."

"Why would it give you a headache? Besides, they're not all about sex..."

"Mostly because I get the strongest feeling that interaction will end in absurd calamity for me personally.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

Turned you into a fucking DEMON?

that was figurative.

They look at eachother.

"It means we are your personal bodyguards and servants. You will be our master in all things. By giving you our true names we're literally giving you the power of life and death over us."

"We're high class Red Oni commanders, undefeated in battle and skilled in all things political, military, and domestic."

"How is the selection process run?" I watch for hesitance in answers, reluctance to make eye contact, nervous twitches and other signs of lying.

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum