You are the Demon King...

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:Alright. How do you want this set up?

Personally a private meeting with a few of them at a time, starting with the ones Princess feels are closest to her and most helpful. That way I know who in her family are most likely to be on my side. Unless that sends an insult to people I'd rather not insult. But I do want a list of people who'll likely have an issue with her and so with me, I know her cousin (father's brother's son) and her have some...issue...and he's an ass and has a wit like a razor blade, but is there anyone else I should look out for?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:12 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:Alright. How do you want this set up?

Personally a private meeting with a few of them at a time, starting with the ones Princess feels are closest to her and most helpful. That way I know who in her family are most likely to be on my side. Unless that sends an insult to people I'd rather not insult. But I do want a list of people who'll likely have an issue with her and so with me, I know her cousin (father's brother's son) and her have some...issue...and he's an ass and has a wit like a razor blade, but is there anyone else I should look out for?

Alright...

The princess's main adviser/ally is her other cousin... The Duke's younger sister.

She handles a good deal of the kingdom's internal security manners and personally trained the wait staff of the castle.

Rieverre wrote:Rank: Emperor

Handmaidens: The Red Oni Sisters
-Kasho: Two horned Red Oni. Elder Handmaiden.
-Haisoksu: One horned Red Oni. Younger Handmaiden

Harem:
-Lamia Concubine: Archives clerk with some magical aptitude.
-Arachne Concubine: Assassin and bane of food everywhere.

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times

"... I'm almost afraid to ask, but did you get someone who declared no-pants-day a national holiday?"

"The first Friday of May," she says calmly. "I suggest you avoid orcs. It's not a pretty sight."

"Ah. I do apparently live to amuse, so that's the 'mostly' part taken care of," I pause to wait on whether or not she picks up the conversation hook.

"Our powers are driven by passion. I suggest you find an emotion that suits you and learn to hone it as a weapon, but be careful. It's all too easy to let the emotion overtake you. You must maintain control..."

... guess the halfing will be cooking for a dragon then. I'll have someone let him know. It should be valuable work experience for him.

"No offense, sire... but what would a dragon eat? I mean they're quite large and..."

The Ogre waves his hatchet at him "She'll be in humanoid form you bloody stinking midget!"

"Oh. Well, that makes it much simpler. Do they like spicy?"

Kelenas wrote:
Awww... and here I thought they cared about me... Razz

They do. They just don't want to explode.

"I'd still prefer to learn as much as possible. I imagine there's a lot of spells and whatnot that will come in handy in various situations."

"Indeed. But Like I said, grow into it."

"But I agree that there's most likely plenty of problems that can be solved by a big enough explosion."

"If you can't solve a problem with violence, you're not using enough."

"I don't suppose we might be able to create some kind of similar situation amongst the Light-backed nations? Sow dissent amongst some of them, or parts of their population, to keep them busy, and force them to spend resources on such conflicts?"

"Probably not. They tend to be oh so chivalrous when they go at each others throat and will drop everything at even the slightest hint of demonic presence. It's really quite sickening."

"Mh, that makes things more difficult of course, though I can think of some factors that might still make this a potentially interesting approach to pursue; simple habit-building might still get people addicted, if not as quickly or thoroughly, and depending on how difficult or draining the casting of purification spells is, might keep priests busy that could otherwise be used elsewhere. Though the final details are obviously left to you; just throwing some ideas out there."

"Still, might be a way to pull in some income and make some friends in low places. I'll look into it. I'm sure there's some gods forsaken concatenation that will cause a desired effect."

"Reminds me that I should probably look into getting some combat training as well, not just learning how to blow things up by thinking at them hard. Though that's not why I'm here; if you have some time, I wanted to learn more about our military and its situation."

"Aye. So what ye' looking for in a weapon. Grab one of the rack and we'll see wot ye got!"

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"how many others are competing and how did you three manage to beat them here?

"Dozens..."

"Crawled through the ductwork."

"We made sure that guards friendly to our cause were on station, slipped past, and have spent the last three days in the rafters!"

"You cunts!"

A face pops up over a bannister.

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 VRoIOOT

"...Fuck."

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Psyckosama wrote:"The first Friday of May," she says calmly. "I suggest you avoid orcs. It's not a pretty sight."

"See, there's another of those uncanny correlations. We have a month called that back home too."

Little annoying that, since it makes falling into assumptions all the easier.

"And noted. Younger Handmaiden," I say as I turn to address her. "Remind me when that's coming up so I know when to wear a kilt or a robe or something like that. Well, that or not leave my chambers for the duration. Either or."

"Our powers are driven by passion. I suggest you find an emotion that suits you and learn to hone it as a weapon, but be careful. It's all too easy to let the emotion overtake you. You must maintain control..."

I nod at that. So, it really is the Dark Side, or rather, something uncannily similar.

"I'll figure something out. My thanks for the advice. As well as that from this morning. I've been noticing I'm somewhat higher strung than I used to be, so I might have done something rash."

"No offense, sire... but what would a dragon eat? I mean they're quite large and..."

The Ogre waves his hatchet at him "She'll be in humanoid form you bloody stinking midget!"

"Oh. Well, that makes it much simpler. Do they like spicy?"

"I don't know, do they like spicy?" I ask the Ogre.

"Either way, _I_ like spicy, so that's alright, but feel free to provide a range of flavors."
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Psyckosama wrote:They do. They just don't want to explode.
Fair enough, and quite understandable.
"Indeed. But Like I said, grow into it."
"I'll do my best to keep it in mind, though I have to admit I feel a bit like a kid in a candy factory."
"If you can't solve a problem with violence, you're not using enough."
"Heh, I think you'd like the Seventy Maxims."
"Probably not. They tend to be oh so chivalrous when they go at each others throat and will drop everything at even the slightest hint of demonic presence. It's really quite sickening."
"Could we make use of that, perhaps?
"Still, might be a way to pull in some income and make some friends in low places. I'll look into it. I'm sure there's some gods forsaken concatenation that will cause a desired effect."
"It's one of the reasons I was interested in connections with smugglers; so we can use them for trade of goods such as drugs or poisons."
"Aye. So what ye' looking for in a weapon. Grab one of the rack and we'll see wot ye got!"
Thinking it over briefly, I walk to the rack and grab a spear; simple to start out with, but should be quite versatile if I keep training with it.

"Don't expect too mu- actually, scratch that; don't expect anything here. I have absolutely no experience with melee combat of any kind."
Kelenas
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:Alright...

The princess's main adviser/ally is her other cousin... The Duke's younger sister.

She handles a good deal of the kingdom's internal security manners and personally trained the wait staff of the castle.

Then I'll ask if the three of us can meet privately at their first convienience, from the sound of it, she's someone I NEED to be able to get on my side.

Otherwise I practice blowing stuff up and smashing things with an axe or hammer and using a tower shield.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:41 am

Psyckosama wrote:

"Dozens..."
It's a damn warzone out there isn't it?

"Crawled through the ductwork."
"I'm holding onto you even if your not going to be handmaiden. what skills do you have?"

"We made sure that guards friendly to our cause were on station, slipped past, and have spent the last three days in the rafters!"
"You two win for out of the box thinking."

"You cunts!"
"You still have to give them points for creativity."

A face pops up over a bannister.

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 VRoIOOT

"...Fuck."
"You're too late for the handmaiden position but if your method of getting here impresses me, or your skills are useful enough you might still end up in my service."

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:53 am

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

"See, there's another of those uncanny correlations. We have a month called that back home too."

"We don't actually have one, its just you're currently under a translation spell so everything you say sounds like our language and our language sounds like yours."

Little annoying that, since it makes falling into assumptions all the easier.

Yep.

"And noted. Younger Handmaiden," I say as I turn to address her. "Remind me when that's coming up so I know when to wear a kilt or a robe or something like that. Well, that or not leave my chambers for the duration. Either or."

"Yes sir... though most go in their undergarments on the day. Orcs just don't wear them."

I nod at that. So, it really is the Dark Side, or rather, something uncannily similar.

Late the HATE flow through you!

"I'll figure something out. My thanks for the advice. As well as that from this morning. I've been noticing I'm somewhat higher strung than I used to be, so I might have done something rash."

"Part of your demonic nature I assure you. Fire and Darkness are both elements of great passion."

"I don't know, do they like spicy?" I ask the Ogre.

He sighs. "Aye..."

"Either way, _I_ like spicy, so that's alright, but feel free to provide a range of flavors."

You get a nod. "Alright then, time to get to work! They're big on meat dishes, right"

"Yes..."

He hops into it.

Kelenas wrote:
Fair enough, and quite understandable.

Heh.

"I'll do my best to keep it in mind, though I have to admit I feel a bit like a kid in a candy factory."

Chuckle of amusement.

"Heh, I think you'd like the Seventy Maxims."

Look of interest.

(which are you talking to again?)

"Could we make use of that, perhaps?

Always open to suggestions... sire.

"It's one of the reasons I was interested in connections with smugglers; so we can use them for trade of goods such as drugs or poisons."

"True true."

Thinking it over briefly, I walk to the rack and grab a spear; simple to start out with, but should be quite versatile if I keep training with it.

"Don't expect too mu- actually, scratch that; don't expect anything here. I have absolutely no experience with melee combat of any kind."

"Oh, come on sire! Don't use a girly weapon! How about this?"

He offers you a greatsword.

Brian Boru wrote:
Then I'll ask if the three of us can meet privately at their first convienience, from the sound of it, she's someone I NEED to be able to get on my side.

You're the demon emperor. Your convenience is her convenience.

Otherwise I practice blowing stuff up and smashing things with an axe or hammer and using a tower shield.

Roll 2d100 and which are you doing first?

Silver Sun 17 wrote:It's a damn warzone out there isn't it?

Slow nod.

"I'm holding onto you even if your not going to be handmaiden. what skills do you have?"

"Librarian. I found a schematic for the duct network and decided to give it a go."

"You two win for out of the box thinking."

They smile. The Lamia grumbles.

"You still have to give them points for creativity."

She looks a little off put.

"You're too late for the handmaiden position but if your method of getting here impresses me, or your skills are useful enough you might still end up in my service."

"I'm alive aren't I... and people tend not to look up"

There's a rumble from outside your door. "Ugh. I see the dragon's made it here... "

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:46 am

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Psyckosama wrote:"We don't actually have one, its just you're currently under a translation spell so everything you say sounds like our language and our language sounds like yours."

"How does that even ... that doesn't ... does that mean it arbitrarily assigns names that have actual meaning or ... ugh ... it has actual etymology and everything!" I pause to pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration. "You realize part of why your summoned emperors might have seemed off was that they just ran with this making assumptions, right?"

Siiigh.

"I'm sorry, but this is really one of those things you should have mentioned right at the beginning. It's convenient, but it's making it easy to use preconceived notions about things. Is there any way to make the spell less ... helpful about these things?"

"Yes sir... though most go in their undergarments on the day. Orcs just don't wear them."

"So, no-undergarments-day doesn't coincide with it? That's fortunate," I say, jokingly. Then stop for a moment, to see if anyone chimes in. If not ... "... that's an actual thing too, isn't it?"

Late the HATE flow through you!

Nah. That's only a singular facet and the failing of most Sith. They overspecialize and ultimately betray their own Code by putting shackles on themselves again.

"Part of your demonic nature I assure you. Fire and Darkness are both elements of great passion."

"That's a bit of a switch for me. Even if it didn't much come up where I come from, I used to be more aligned with water and earth. It's been ... an experience."

You get a nod. "Alright then, time to get to work! They're big on meat dishes, right"

"Yes..."

He hops into it.

Another thing to look forward, then. ^^ In that respect, the dragons and I will probably get along just fine. I think I'll kick back and relax with some tea and whatever that fiction book the Lamia picked out was. I haven't checked that one out yet.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

"Librarian. I found a schematic for the duct network and decided to give it a go."
"And now I can't give you a choice, I'm keeping you. such information can be dangerous in the wrong hands."

They smile. The Lamia grumbles.
I shift my position on the bed so the two can crawl closer.

She looks a little off put.
"Don't worry about it. even if you did the same they might have killed you."

"I'm alive aren't I... and people tend not to look up"
"still didn't answer my question about your skills."

There's a rumble from outside your door. "Ugh. I see the dragon's made it here... "
"Dragon? why do i have the feeling things are going to get ugly soon?"

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Look of interest.

(which are you talking to again?)
(Princess Ruby Eyes, I think.)
"It's a bunch of fictional rules and guidlines containing words of wisdom such as 'Pillage, then burn.' or 'If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.' or 'There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.''. That sort of thing. Morbidly amusing, if nothing else."

Always open to suggestions... sire.
(Hm... was that a sign of respect I just heard from The Duke...?)

"Well, if they really band together and jump onto the first sign of demonic influence or involvement, then perhaps we could make use of that to cause strife? Pick one of their lords or whatever, and make it appear as if he was in league with us and we supporting him, through various means; attacking his enemies, funnelling some of our smuggled goods through his territories, that sort of thing. Obvious enough we can count on it being noticed in time, but subtle enough so it isn't obvious as a set-up, then make sure some lords other than the guy we picked find out about it, and watch the ensuing fireworks.
I doubt it'd be easy, and could already imagine some complications; the operations would have to be hidden from the local lord, but obvious to those outside. And if there are some kind of truth-determining spells, potions, or the like, they might simply ask the lord to give his statement while under the influences of such."

"Oh, come on sire! Don't use a girly weapon! How about this?"

He offers you a greatsword.
"Why is a spear considered a girly weapon?" I asked, honestly curious. "Nevermind, I should've gotten your opinion first. I'm basically looking for something that's easy to learn and use, so I can defend myself if enemies get close, but in general I'd prefer to blow them up with magic from a distance. Anything that fits those criteria?"
Kelenas
Kelenas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:You're the demon emperor. Your convenience is her convenience.

Let me rephrase that, first chance where she isn't sleeping, eating, or working on a major time sensitive project. Both of them. Sheesh...

Since my earlier focus was on the Magic I'll go with armed combat. Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
91 , 33
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

"How does that even ... that doesn't ... does that mean it arbitrarily assigns names that have actual meaning or ... ugh ... it has actual etymology and everything!"

"Magic."

I pause to pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration. "You realize part of why your summoned emperors might have seemed off was that they just ran with this making assumptions, right?"

"They get used to it. It's a complicated spell that will wear off eventually... and when it does you'll actually know how to speak the language."

Siiigh.

"I'm sorry, but this is really one of those things you should have mentioned right at the beginning. It's convenient, but it's making it easy to use preconceived notions about things. Is there any way to make the spell less ... helpful about these things?"

"Not if you actually want to function."

"So, no-undergarments-day doesn't coincide with it? That's fortunate," I say, jokingly. Then stop for a moment, to see if anyone chimes in. If not ... "... that's an actual thing too, isn't it?"

"No, that's the mud wrestling festival."

Nah. That's only a singular facet and the failing of most Sith. They overspecialize and ultimately betray their own Code by putting shackles on themselves again.

A yep!

"That's a bit of a switch for me. Even if it didn't much come up where I come from, I used to be more aligned with water and earth. It's been ... an experience."

"Might be why its taking you time to pick it up."

Another thing to look forward, then. ^^ In that respect, the dragons and I will probably get along just fine. I think I'll kick back and relax with some tea and whatever that fiction book the Lamia picked out was. I haven't checked that one out yet.

It's a good book. Anyways... she arrives before dinner. Protocal demands that she be introduced before the meal and present herself to the throne.

The announce "The Majesty, High Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan."

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 WekEYa3

In this form she seems to have blue hair and bronze eyes...

She walks up to the throne, looks up at you...

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 XdiIwOg

And then keels deeply.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
"And now I can't give you a choice, I'm keeping you. such information can be dangerous in the wrong hands."

"Considering why I came here, that is something of the point..."

I shift my position on the bed so the two can crawl closer.

If you could kill with spite they'd explode.

"Don't worry about it.  even if you did the same they might have killed you."

"True..."

They smile darkly. She pulls away somewhat.

"still didn't answer my question about your skills."

One of the sisters looks over. "Theft, Infiltration, Assassination, Poisons, light projectile weapons, bondage play, and weaving... correct me when I'm wrong."

The girl glowers.

"Typical."

"Dragon? why do i have the feeling things are going to get ugly soon?"

"Because the dragon is apparently in the competition for some reason..."

"Wait, dragons can't be bound as hand maidens..."

"Nobody told this one..."

Kelenas wrote:
"It's a bunch of fictional rules and guidlines containing words of wisdom such as 'Pillage, then burn.' or 'If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.' or 'There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.''. That sort of thing. Morbidly amusing, if nothing else."

"Fictional? Sounds like good sound advice..."

(Hm... was that a sign of respect I just heard from The Duke...?)

Hard to tell from his tone.

"Well, if they really band together and jump onto the first sign of demonic influence or involvement, then perhaps we could make use of that to cause strife? Pick one of their lords or whatever, and make it appear as if he was in league with us and we supporting him, through various means; attacking his enemies, funnelling some of our smuggled goods through his territories, that sort of thing. Obvious enough we can count on it being noticed in time, but subtle enough so it isn't obvious as a set-up, then make sure some lords other than the guy we picked find out about it, and watch the ensuing fireworks.

"It's not that easy. If they really were that easy to sucker we'd have won thousands of years ago."

I doubt it'd be easy, and could already imagine some complications; the operations would have to be hidden from the local lord, but obvious to those outside. And if there are some kind of truth-determining spells, potions, or the like, they might simply ask the lord to give his statement while under the influences of such."

That logic is somewhat backwards.

"Why is a spear considered a girly weapon?" I asked, honestly curious. "Nevermind, I should've gotten your opinion first. I'm basically looking for something that's easy to learn and use, so I can defend myself if enemies get close, but in general I'd prefer to blow them up with magic from a distance. Anything that fits those criteria?"

"Spears are weapons for peasant foot infantry. Easy to learn but pretty limited ultimately. If you want to be strong you need to put the effort in and learn a real weapon. I'd stick with a sword. A big sword."

Brian Boru wrote:Let me rephrase that, first chance where she isn't sleeping, eating, or working on a major time sensitive project.  Both of them.  Sheesh...

1) I forgot whic you're talking to.

Second, again, you're the emperor.

Since my earlier focus was on the Magic I'll go with armed combat.
[/quote]

Well, you get beaten to a pulp... your performance is absolutely humiliating.

"That was just sad."[/quote]

Last edited by Psyckosama on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:35 am; edited 4 times in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Psyckosama wrote:1) I forgot whic you're talking to.

Let's say for simplicity's sake the old priest.

Second, again, you're the emperor.

Fine whatever, just get it done!

Well, you get beaten to a pulp... your performance is absolutely humiliating.

"That was just sad."

"Let me find my kidney right quick and we'll go for round 2."

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
7 , 60
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

"Considering why I came here, that is something of the point..."
"We can discuss what i'll have you do later."

"True..."

They smile darkly. She pulls away somewhat.
"Be nice, she isn't a threat to you getting the postion anymore."

One of the sisters looks over. "Theft, Infiltration, Assassination, Poisons, light projectile weapons, bondage play, and weaving... correct me when I'm wrong."

The girl glowers.

"Typical."
"Still useful."

"Because the dragon is apparently in the competition for some reason..."

"Wait, dragons can't be bound as hand maidens..."

"Nobody told this one..."
"She likely isn't in the competition to win. Casualties are expected right? I wouldn't be surprised if an number of the fatalities are from political enemies of her or her family."

I look at the spider girl. "Can you make sure the door is locked so we aren't disturbed?"

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting
- seaside vacation happy fun times[/quote]

Psyckosama wrote:"They get used to it. It's a complicated spell that will wear off eventually... and when it does you'll actually know how to speak the language."

"It's a relief to hear that at some point I won't need to worry about it and will be able to make a fool of myself purely on my own merit," I say wryly.

"No, that's the mud wrestling festival."

... gonna need a calendar.

"Might be why its taking you time to pick it up."

"Makes sense. Just means I need to put more effort in."

It's a good book. Anyways... she arrives before dinner. Protocal demands that she be introduced before the meal and present herself to the throne.

The announce "The Majesty, High Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan."

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 WekEYa3

In this form she seems to have blue hair and bronze eyes...

She walks up to the throne, looks up at you...

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 XdiIwOg

And then keels deeply.

I could very much get used to this, a not-at-all-small part in the back of my mind whispers in my ear.

... yea, I should probably keep a bit of a lid on that, as much of a good point as it may make.

Ahem.

"I continue to be favorably impressed. As fierce and majestic as you were when we first met, I now see you are of a grace and composure to match."

I stand and descend the dais, stopping in front of her and extending my hand, palm-up - an invitation for her to stand.

"Be welcome, Princess. The gift of frank counsel is most precious, and the promptness of your response does you credit. Still, my request was a bit abrupt and to demand that we get straight to work would be a bit crass. Would you care to join me in taking a meal? I've recently acquired a new chef and he's been making quite a good showing of himself."

I offer her my arm.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Let's say for simplicity's sake the old priest.

I thought you were talking to a female :p

Lets say the sisters.

Fine whatever, just get it done!

Hate to be an ass Brian, but what were you trying to get done (the bad part of being off a game for a month or two)

"Let me find my kidney right quick and we'll go for round 2."  

Psyckosama carried out 2 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
18 , 41

You do a little better. A little being the keyword.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"We can discuss what i'll have you do later."

"You know you could still take my as a concubine... Some demon emperors build the core of thier harems from the girls who make it in alive. Why the 27th actually delared all of the survivors to be his harem girls..."

"Be nice, she isn't a threat to you getting the postion anymore."

"So?"

"Still useful."

"There's literally a million just like her."

"She likely isn't in the competition to win. Casualties are expected right? I wouldn't be surprised if an number of the fatalities are from political enemies of her or her family."

There's a loud thud from the door and the room shakes somewhat. It's gettin' LOUD!

I look at the spider girl. "Can you make sure the door is locked so we aren't disturbed?"

"How would I know? I came in a window."

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

"It's a relief to hear that at some point I won't need to worry about it and will be able to make a fool of myself purely on my own merit," I say wryly.

"Indeed." her sarcasm is biting.

... gonna need a calendar.

Just ask.

"Makes sense. Just means I need to put more effort in."

"Try channeling anger. I'm going to insult, belittle, and humiliate you and you're going to blast that target."

I could very much get used to this, a not-at-all-small part in the back of my mind whispers in my ear.

Makes you wonder what's under those robes...

... yea, I should probably keep a bit of a lid on that, as much of a good point as it may make.

OR you could try and flirt

Ahem.

"I continue to be favorably impressed. As fierce and majestic as you were when we first met, I now see you are of a grace and composure to match."

She lowers her head. "I am pleased that my emperor approves. For a dragon to assume humanoid form is a difficult skill and I liked to believe I have mastered it to an uncommon level."

I stand and descend the dais, stopping in front of her and extending my hand, palm-up - an invitation for her to stand.

She does so.

"Be welcome, Princess. The gift of frank counsel is most precious, and the promptness of your response does you credit. Still, my request was a bit abrupt and to demand that we get straight to work would be a bit crass. Would you care to join me in taking a meal? I've recently acquired a new chef and he's been making quite a good showing of himself."

I offer her my arm.

"I will accept your offer humbly and with great pleasure, my Emperor.

She slips her arm through yours and smiles. "Will we be eating alone or will others be joining us?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
"You know you could still take me as a concubine... Some demon emperors build the core of their harems from the girls who make it in alive. Why the 27th actually declared all of the survivors to be his harem girls..."
"That will work then."
"So?"
I'm gonna have to remember the local culture here is very dog eat dog.

There's a loud thud from the door and the room shakes somewhat. It's gettin' LOUD!

"yep, warzone."

"How would I know? I came in a window."

Face palm. "Let me put it more clearly: Go over and check the damn door. Keep being dense and I'll throw you to the dragon myself."

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Psyckosama wrote:"Indeed." her sarcasm is biting.

Bright smile.

"Try channeling anger. I'm going to insult, belittle, and humiliate you and you're going to blast that target."

I shake my head. "I appreciate the offer and the spirit with which it was given, but chances are it won't work. I'm too used to not letting things get to me to get too angry with something I know is staged. Even if parts are likely as not to be genuine."

Sigh.

"And if it does end up working, I likely won't end up attacking the target."

Makes you wonder what's under those robes...

Well, if the setting-stew went with traditional Japanese mores in that respect, probably nothing at all ... that's quite a distracting thought right there.

OR you could try and flirt

At which I am pretty horrible, most of the time. Nothing Could Possibly Go Wrong there.

She lowers her head. "I am pleased that my emperor approves. For a dragon to assume humanoid form is a difficult skill and I liked to believe I have mastered it to an uncommon level."

I give her a frank, appreciative look from the bottom of her feet to the tips of her horns. "The dichotomy is quite fetching."

"I will accept your offer humbly and with great pleasure, my Emperor.

She slips her arm through yours and smiles. "Will we be eating alone or will others be joining us?"

"I've gotten into the habit of taking meals alongside my household, small though it is, but the arrangements are largely informal. I'm almost certain my Handmaidens will attend, but the other two may have gone into hiding," I say with a small grin. "The Grand Princess made quite the impression on all of us during our first meeting, but not, I believe, in entirely the same way."

Hopefully, the local dragons are close enough to the tropes that their reaction to being feared can be summed up by 'as it should be'.

Regardless, by the time this takes place I'd have likely picked a 'favorite' dining room. I'm thinking, comfortable without feeling homey, and tasteful rather than elaborately adorned in bling.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
"That will work then."

"Which?"

I'm gonna have to remember the local culture here is very dog eat dog.

Yep.

"yep, warzone."

The door rattles.

Face palm. "Let me put it more clearly: Go over and check the damn door. Keep being dense and I'll throw you to the dragon myself."

She looks at it reluctantly and starts to walk over. When she does she literally jumps to the ceiling when the door CRACKS from a heavy blow.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Bright smile.

No reaction.

I shake my head. "I appreciate the offer and the spirit with which it was given, but chances are it won't work. I'm too used to not letting things get to me to get too angry with something I know is staged. Even if parts are likely as not to be genuine."

Sigh.

"And if it does end up working, I likely won't end up attacking the target."

She shrugs. "Worth a thought, though if you can land a hit I deserve the injury."

Well, if the setting-stew went with traditional Japanese mores in that respect, probably nothing at all ... that's quite a distracting thought right there.

Yeah baby!

At which I am pretty horrible, most of the time. Nothing Could Possibly Go Wrong there.

Heh.

I give her a frank, appreciative look from the bottom of her feet to the tips of her horns. "The dichotomy is quite fetching."

"Thank you..."

"I've gotten into the habit of taking meals alongside my household, small though it is, but the arrangements are largely informal. I'm almost certain my Handmaidens will attend, but the other two may have gone into hiding," I say with a small grin. "The Grand Princess made quite the impression on all of us during our first meeting, but not, I believe, in entirely the same way."

Hopefully, the local dragons are close enough to the tropes that their reaction to being feared can be summed up by 'as it should be'.

Regardless, by the time this takes place I'd have likely picked a 'favorite' dining room. I'm thinking, comfortable without feeling homey, and tasteful rather than elaborately adorned in bling.

She looks about and then notices the Imperial Princess. Her eyes narrow somewhat. "Ruby."

"Blue," the princess replies.

They both seem to sit on opposing sides of you and you can feel some tension.

Dinner seems to be a curry. One that is so thick, so hot, and so red that it looks like bubbling lava and it seems to be served in a clay hotpot that's almost red with heat.

The utensils seem to be gold tonight... probably so they don't disolve.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan (apparently with 'Blue' as part of her name)

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Psyckosama wrote:She shrugs. "Worth a thought, though if you can land a hit I deserve the injury."

"In that case, I'll make sure to call on you when I've shaken off this feedback headache and we can make an afternoon of it."

She looks about and then notices the Imperial Princess. Her eyes narrow somewhat. "Ruby."

"Blue," the princess replies.

They both seem to sit on opposing sides of you and you can feel some tension.

Since I don't really count Ruby Eyes as part of my household at this time, logic dictates she's more or less invited herself. Well, it's not like I restrict admittance to these. Did the concubines show up, or did I call it and they're effectively in hiding?

Well, regardless, I'll do the polite thing and ignore the stares trying to bore their way through my skull from either side.

And not think about the Red vs Blue jokes I could make here.

Dinner seems to be a curry. One that is so thick, so hot, and so red that it looks like bubbling lava and it seems to be served in a clay hotpot that's almost red with heat.

The utensils seem to be gold tonight... probably so they don't disolve.

That looks positively delicious! Aaaand like it's going to burn my tastebuds off, so I make sure to get extra rice just in case. Or, well, indicate my preference to the meidos who are doubtlessly in attendance.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

"Which?"

"taking you as a concubine. As for the candidates that survive the Dragon's tender mercies I'm too picky to just claim them without some investigation."

The door rattles.
"This is going to have a big repair bill."

She looks at it reluctantly and starts to walk over. When she does she literally jumps to the ceiling when the door CRACKS from a heavy blow.
"You could try approaching the door from the side you know. Might not hit you if it gets blasted off it's hinges."

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:47 pm

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:
-Grand Princess of the Fire Dragon Clan (apparently with 'Blue' as part of her name)

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

"In that case, I'll make sure to call on you when I've shaken off this feedback headache and we can make an afternoon of it."

She smirks and leaves.

Since I don't really count Ruby Eyes as part of my household at this time, logic dictates she's more or less invited herself. Well, it's not like I restrict admittance to these. Did the concubines show up, or did I call it and they're effectively in hiding?

Everyone else counts her as part of the household. She is technically your betrothed.

Well, regardless, I'll do the polite thing and ignore the stares trying to bore their way through my skull from either side.

You try and strike up polite conversation?

And not think about the Red vs Blue jokes I could make here.

Heh.

That looks positively delicious! Aaaand like it's going to burn my tastebuds off, so I make sure to get extra rice just in case. Or, well, indicate my preference to the meidos who are doubtlessly in attendance.

Actually you seem to almost not notice the heat... or the temperature. At once point you even see Ruby touch the pot to no ill effect.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:49 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
"taking you as a concubine. As for the candidates that survive the Dragon's tender mercies I'm too picky to just claim them without some investigation."

She nods.

The Arachne looks over and smiles hopefully.

"This is going to have a big repair bill."

"Always does."

"You could try approaching the door from the side you know. Might not hit you if it gets blasted off it's hinges."

"Or the barding will fail first in which case it will fly open and crush me...."

At this point the door is starting to glow with heat.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

She nods.

The Arachne looks over and smiles hopefully.
I look at the Arachne "Your still under consideration, convince me or put something on the table i can use to ensure loyalty."

"Always does."
"What's next, A magical nuke? No wait, the dragon counts for that if the door is any indication."

"Or the barding will fail first in which case it will fly open and crush me...."

At this point the door is starting to glow with heat.
"Change of plans: everyone take cover. I think the door is going to explode or melt soon."

Silver Sun 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I thought you were talking to a female :p

Lets say the sisters.

Fine that works as well.

[quote]Hate to be an ass Brian, but what were you trying to get done (the bad part of being off a game for a month or two)[quote]

Was trying to learn something about my Wife's(?) more loyal kin and make sure that we're on the same page, also getting in good with the head of security is always a good thing.

You do a little better. A little being the keyword.

"Well the journey of 10,000 miles starts with a single step. I'll just have to keep at it."

And I do.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:28 am

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Psyckosama wrote:She smirks and leaves.

Well, likely as not as I am to regret it, I might as well send her a message the next time I'm going to be practicing - which, all things considered, is likely the very next day.

Everyone else counts her as part of the household. She is technically your betrothed.

Technically, yes, but so far it's only been mentioned by a third party. The two of us haven't had that particular conversation yet.

... yeeah, no matter how much I want to, I'm not going to ask Ruby if I can assume her presence here is her declaring herself part of my household openly now. That way lies scorched earth.

You try and strike up polite conversation?

Talking shop on serious matters during the meal would be rude, still, we've at least one topic we can discuss that isn't necessarily all that.

"You wouldn't happen to have had the opportunity to inquire about the coffee issue with your clan's contacts?" I turn to Blue and ask.

Actually you seem to almost not notice the heat... or the temperature. At once point you even see Ruby touch the pot to no ill effect.

Huh. Well, how's the flavor then? After all, that's the important part.
Rieverre
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:55 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
I look at the Arachne "Your still under consideration, convince me or put something on the table i can use to ensure loyalty."

"How about my True Name?"

"What's next, A magical nuke? No wait, the dragon counts for that if the door is any indication."

"What's a nuke?"

"Change of plans: everyone take cover. I think the door is going to explode or melt soon."

And as an exclamation point to that statement the door explodes inwards and a body hits the wall.

And then stands up.

On one side you have what looks like a smoking hot 12ft bloodthrister girl

On the other...

well...

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 9ZwYwEK

Brian Boru wrote:Fine that works as well.

Okay. There's a meeting set up.

The next day you're told there is an arrival at court.

"The Seneschal of the Royal Household..."

She walks in and kneels though you have to admit she looks somewhat annoyed. "Your grace."

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 MLi3f2v

Was trying to learn something about my Wife's(?) more loyal kin and make sure that we're on the same page, also getting in good with the head of security is always a good thing.
See above.

"Well the journey of 10,000 miles starts with a single step.  I'll just have to keep at it."

And I do.

"That's the spirit, lad!"

ROLL!

d10

Harem:

Household staff:
-Halfing Chef (pending)

Contacts:

Pending Events:
- clan meeting

Well, likely as not as I am to regret it, I might as well send her a message the next time I'm going to be practicing - which, all things considered, is likely the very next day.

She walks in and crosses her arms. "Suprise me."

Technically, yes, but so far it's only been mentioned by a third party. The two of us haven't had that particular conversation yet.

Do you want to?"

... yeeah, no matter how much I want to, I'm not going to ask Ruby if I can assume her presence here is her declaring herself part of my household openly now. That way lies scorched earth.

Though you get the feelings she's more here for the princess. They seemd to be trading the occasional barb.

Talking shop on serious matters during the meal would be rude, still, we've at least one topic we can discuss that isn't necessarily all that.

"You wouldn't happen to have had the opportunity to inquire about the coffee issue with your clan's contacts?" I turn to Blue and ask.

"I've sent the nessasry feelers but it will take time for our contacts to get back to us."

OOC remndthe GM what this is

Huh. Well, how's the flavor then? After all, that's the important part.
[/quote]

Decent. You can tell he was trying something new, but it is rather good.

Last edited by Psyckosama on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:14 am

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:36 am

Psyckosama wrote:Okay. There's a meeting set up.

The next day you're told there is an arrival at court.

"The Seneschal of the Royal Household..."

She walks in and kneels though you have to admit she looks somewhat annoyed. "Your grace."

You are the Demon King... - Page 18 MLi3f2v

I grin, "A pleasure to meet you Lady Seneschal."

I apologize for calling her so suddenly but I wanted to meet with my new kinsfolk and I was told that she had a warmer relationship to the Princess than say the Duke. I also feel that having an at least cordial relationship with people with jobs like her would be beneficial and it seemed that head of the castle staff seemed one of the best places to begin. Once again my apologies for my brusqueness.

"That's the spirit, lad!"

ROLL!

d10

See above.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum