Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Demon King...

+5
Kelenas
Brian Boru
mithril-blade
Silver Sun 17
Ironforge
9 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 23 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Brian Boru Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:No time to read them now, but they're mostly political, historical, and strangely enough, economics volumes.

Along with several books on magic.

The econ. I'm gonna SUFFER through I know it. But the other's sound interesting enough.

Yes... :p

Lovely how will that go?

She looks... pleased. Very pleased. "You will find her up to the job."

"From everything I've seen, she's the one who should be sitting on that chair not me. I'd be mad not to use someone of that caliber to the fullest. That and a demure heir maker wouldn't have interested me under any circumstances, especially these for whatever that sentiment's worth."

Several emperors have tried.

And I'm sure they met their end in a dragon's digestive track.

"Don't worry. You're immuned to posion. At least no demon emperor has ever suffered its effects... and they have tried. Often."

"Well there's one less thing to worry about, just a million others to go..."

Yep.

Good.

Okay.

Hows that go?

You're the DEMON EMPEROR.

So yes I can tank them or think of something other than melee?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:36 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Do keep in mind that one of the benefits of your power is poison doesn't work on you. No demon Emperor has ever been poisoned... and not for lack of trying."
"Well, that's something I don't have to worry about, at least. Still, the way I see it, the best course of action would be to accept whoever they try to set me up with. It should keep them happy for a while while they wait and see if the one they chose manages to get her hooks into me deep enough, and possibly even beyond that if I can manage a good enough balancing act.
It should also give an idea what they want based on whatever the girl will be trying to do, and possibly expose some previously unknown agents and/or allies they might have here."

I pause to pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I expect it's going to be a headache, though. I'd like to think I'm not that easily manipulated, but I'm a sucker for hot chicks. Thankfully, the Princess should be able to keep me in line if it comes down to it."
The progenitor of the Dragon Clans was the Black Dread Emperor Dragon. Black Dragons were a race of dragons seeped in dark magic who breathed black hellfire. Today's Fire Dragons are their closest decendents, but have lost their full dark power.
How'd that happen? Losing their full power, I mean?
As for the oath, the Black Dread swore that he and his line would serve the Demon Emperor loyally and without complaint, while the Emperor swore to ensure that he and his progeny lived as dragons should. The main part is that there is limited a keep what you kill clause with loot. If the dragons kill something or are directly involved, they have second pickings with 10% of all loot for their hoards.
I'm guessing the Demon Emperor retained the first pickings and a larger share of the loot, with the rest going to various other vassals and houses involved?
There are a number, but I'd put my focus into getting into the Onis' good grances for now though you can probably get the graces of several of the lesser beast clans easily considering your concubines.
"My Arachne Concubine has already asked as her Boon that I unite the Arachne and put her officially in charge, while unofficially leaving things to me. Any issues that are likely to arouse from this that I should know about?"
Heh.
Don't laugh! Razz
Hopefully they have statistics, though.
No, no she's not. Very busy, very distant.
Alright, putting this off until later, then; no need to piss off one of the important figures in my realm just out of curiosity.
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Good bye princess and i wish you a pleasant day." after she leaves I turn to the girl. "Now let's finish the binding before another interruption happens."

She turns about and transforms into a humanity woman...

And exits with all the poise and decorum of her high station.
I turn to my handmadians and take them to the bed *fade to black*

OOC: the alerts aren't working.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Rieverre wrote:Which means someone likely already has. I make a note to remember to put the question to my lamia. I get the feeling she'd know.

That there is a safe bet...

... well, that worked better than I expected it to.

Heh.

I'd say I need to remember this if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not likely to forget it in the first place.

Heh.^2

Imp hunting it is, then.

Roll a d100 please.

Huh. I'd been under the impression that they would be attending, even if only via being present and standing guard.

They don't stalk you about the castle unless instructed.

Brian Boru wrote:The econ. I'm gonna SUFFER through I know it.  But the other's sound interesting enough.

Alright.

Lovely how will that go?

3d10 to find out!

"From everything I've seen, she's the one who should be sitting on that chair not me.  I'd be mad not to use someone of that caliber to the fullest. That and a demure heir maker wouldn't have interested me under any circumstances, especially these for whatever that sentiment's worth."

She seems to be satisfied with your answer.

And I'm sure they met their end in a dragon's digestive track.

"No. Dragons will chew but they don't like to swallow."

"Well there's one less thing to worry about, just a million others to go..."

"Tou will find that you are extremely difficult to kill."

Hows that go?

Needs to be RPed.

So yes I can tank them or think of something other than melee?

Yes.

You're a hellfire throwing super human demon lord.

Kelenas wrote:"Well, that's something I don't have to worry about, at least. Still, the way I see it, the best course of action would be to accept whoever they try to set me up with. It should keep them happy for a while while they wait and see if the one they chose manages to get her hooks into me deep enough, and possibly even beyond that if I can manage a good enough balancing act.
It should also give an idea what they want based on whatever the girl will be trying to do, and possibly expose some previously unknown agents and/or allies they might have here."

"Wise. Plus Dark Elves are very selfinterested. Turning your concubine should prove to be not overly difficult."

I pause to pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I expect it's going to be a headache, though. I'd like to think I'm not that easily manipulated, but I'm a sucker for hot chicks. Thankfully, the Princess should be able to keep me in line if it comes down to it."

"Good. She will be please to know that."

Please note, this one isn't anything but smokin' either. What is it with demons and being sexbombs?

How'd that happen? Losing their full power, I mean?

"Bloodline thinned."

I'm guessing the Demon Emperor retained the first pickings and a larger share of the loot, with the rest going to various other vassals and houses involved?

"Yes. The dragons, as you can expect, are not the most popular of your servants among the other clans."

"My Arachne Concubine has already asked as her Boon that I unite the Arachne and put her officially in charge, while unofficially leaving things to me. Any issues that are likely to arouse from this that I should know about?"

"The Dark Elves will not be pleased. They often use the Arachne as servants... this will deny them a tool while taking it for yourself."

Don't laugh! Razz
Hopefully they have statistics, though.

Yes, they have statistics. The princess it seems is EXTREMELY economically adept.

Alright, putting this off until later, then; no need to piss off one of the important figures in my realm just out of curiosity.

"I'd suggest having your bodyguards school you in oni etiquette."

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I turn to my handmadians and take them to the bed *fade to black*

OOC: the alerts aren't working.

Strange. Working okay for me. Anyone else having problems? Try unsubbing and then resubbing.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:49 pm

OOC: unwatched and rewatched. let's see how this works.

IC: Next morning please.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Psyckosama wrote:That there is a safe bet...

I should ask her about it at some point. Fluffy tails aren't going to just spontaneously occur here, I think.

Roll a d100 please.

Rolling for imp-hunting.

They don't stalk you about the castle unless instructed.

Ah. In that case I will end up instructing them to join me for official functions and similar unless instructed otherwise (though they can just come individually rather than both at the same time, whichever seems more appropriate). Being present to offer advice and information is currently one of the things I feel I need most from them.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:54 pm

For some reason the roll didn't trigger.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:54 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 49

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Wise. Plus Dark Elves are very selfinterested. Turning your concubine should prove to be not overly difficult."
"I'll certainly try my best."
"Good. She will be please to know that."
"I hope so. Trying
Please note, this one isn't anything but smokin' either. What is it with demons and being sexbombs?
Erm, who're you talking about?
I thought I was currently speaking with the Priest?
"Bloodline thinned."
"Intermingling with other demon realm races?"
"Yes. The dragons, as you can expect, are not the most popular of your servants among the other clans."
"I can imagine, yeah."
"The Dark Elves will not be pleased. They often use the Arachne as servants... this will deny them a tool while taking it for yourself."
"Well, there's nothing stopping them from still hiring Arachne to work for them, though I imagine it'd be more difficult and expensive for them. Hopefully, the poison and silk we should get from the Arachne should make up for it. Beyond that, guess I'll have my homework for the near future; either find some bones that I could throw the Dark Elves without pissing off anybody else, or try to anticipate how they'll cause trouble for me and pre-empt them."
Yes, they have statistics. The princess it seems is EXTREMELY economically adept.
Good to know. Does only the Princess use it, though, or others as well?
"I'd suggest having your bodyguards school you in oni etiquette."
"Already doing that, along with some others."
(Though you never explicitly explained any particular traditions and whatnot I have to look out for; simplicity's sake, I'm guessing?)

Either way, talk with the Priest seems to be nearing its end, and I apparently won't be meeting the head priestess of my church anytime soon. So, I guess I'll meet Ruby Eyes and the friend she wanted to bring to our beachside vacation, now?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:39 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Alright.

Gulp.

3d10 to find out!

Brian Boru carried out 3 launched of one d10 :
6 , 1 , 5

She seems to be satisfied with your answer.

Glad to have her approval, no seriously I am.

"No. Dragons will chew but they don't like to swallow."

"....ouch...."

"Tou will find that you are extremely difficult to kill."

"That's a relief...I think."

Needs to be RPed.

Alright.

Yes.

You're a hellfire throwing super human demon lord.

....they got any horses I can do the Thorkell punch?
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:04 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:OOC: unwatched and rewatched. let's see how this works.

Well, it was a wild and crazy night. You wake up the next morning hungry and laying on a bed of well satisfied woman flesh.

Seems this demon thing has given you some crazy stamina.

Rieverre wrote:I should ask her about it at some point. Fluffy tails aren't going to just spontaneously occur here, I think.

Alright.

Rolling for imp-hunting.

While you don't dig up any nests you do come across a number of wandering imps... and blow them up.

Decent fun, bit more challenge... but lacks the same "MUHAHAHAHA!" as shooting fish in a barrel.

The princess does mention next time sending out scouts to locate a couple nests so you can burn them out.

Ah. In that case I will end up instructing them to join me for official functions and similar unless instructed otherwise (though they can just come individually rather than both at the same time, whichever seems more appropriate). Being present to offer advice and information is currently one of the things I feel I need most from them.

That works. If you're wondering they've been reviewing your security.

And it is getting kind of late. New day?

Kelenas wrote:"I'll certainly try my best."

Earns you a nod. And the priest does mention if that doesn't work there are other methods. For example unlike demons, elves are not immune to some of the more creative dark artifacts in your possession.

"Intermingling with other demon realm races?"

"Actually its believed by some to be the other way around. With more regular access to their own kind combined with a dragon's innate arrogance they did less out-breeding depriving themselves of the resulting hybrid vigor."

"I can imagine, yeah."

"That said, very dare challenge them."

"Well, there's nothing stopping them from still hiring Arachne to work for them, though I imagine it'd be more difficult and expensive for them. Hopefully, the poison and silk we should get from the Arachne should make up for it. Beyond that, guess I'll have my homework for the near future; either find some bones that I could throw the Dark Elves without pissing off anybody else, or try to anticipate how they'll cause trouble for me and pre-empt them."

He smiles. "Don't bother. They need to be reminded of their place. Your predecessor paid far too little attention to covert matters, allowing them to do as they will."

Good to know. Does only the Princess use it, though, or others as well?

"She's a odd girl."

"Already doing that, along with some others."

Nod.

(Though you never explicitly explained any particular traditions and whatnot I have to look out for; simplicity's sake, I'm guessing?)

They're basically Demonic Fantasy Japanese epxies with the numbers filed off.

Either way, talk with the Priest seems to be nearing its end, and I apparently won't be meeting the head priestess of my church anytime soon. So, I guess I'll meet Ruby Eyes and the friend she wanted to bring to our beachside vacation, now?

Yep.

You find her waiting for you in many of the sitting rooms with a very beautiful young woman.

You are the Demon King... - Page 23 MLi3f2v

The younger demon sister glances over. "That is Lady Seneschal. She manages most of the royal household."

The elder nods. "Some call her Head Maid because she personally trained the royal maids."

Brian Boru wrote:Gulp.

You actually manage to not humiliate yourself and learn a good deal.

"You are willing to learn and rarely make the same mistake twice. Good."

Glad to have her approval, no seriously I am.

Heh.

"....ouch...."

"It is cultural. They dislike eating thinking beings."

"That's a relief...I think."

"It should be. Many will make the attempt.

Alright.

That was a hint. Set the enviroment. You're the one who dictates things in this evil kingdom of evilness.

....they got any horses I can do the Thorkell punch?

No, but I think I might be able to dig up you a Stag...

HINT.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:While you don't dig up any nests you do come across a number of wandering imps... and blow them up.

Decent fun, bit more challenge... but lacks the same "MUHAHAHAHA!" as shooting fish in a barrel.

The princess does mention next time sending out scouts to locate a couple nests so you can burn them out.

"So, the key to our relationship is going to be bonding over big explosions and gratuitous violence ... I think I can work with that. How do you feel about tropical beaches?"

Because I know well how my island vacation is going to turn out. In fire and with people screaming. Might as well get some more use out of it.

That works. If you're wondering they've been reviewing your security.

And it is getting kind of late. New day?

Likely for the best. I let the maid inevitably appearing behind me when I start to turn around that since we have guests now we might as well do a full breakfast tomorrow. Big table for all of my dependents and an invitation to both Ruby and Blue. Which is surely going to turn out horribly but will at least provide morning entertainment.

Then I have some tea, thank the other ninja-maid politely, and collapse into bed with my onis.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:49 am

Psyckosama wrote:Earns you a nod. And the priest does mention if that doesn't work there are other methods. For example unlike demons, elves are not immune to some of the more creative dark artifacts in your possession.
Noted, though I'd rather keep them in reserve. Relying on such means from the get-go would feel... sloppy, and probably lead to me getting lazy and complacent in such matters, right until I wake up with a knife in the ribs. I think I'd rather avoid that.
"Actually its believed by some to be the other way around. With more regular access to their own kind combined with a dragon's innate arrogance they did less out-breeding depriving themselves of the resulting hybrid vigor."
"Huh, interesting."
"That said, very dare challenge them."
I think back to my encounter with the Grand Princess of the Dragon Clan, when she blasted a Fire Demon into the wall with contemptuous ease. "Yeah, that I don't have to 'imagine'."
He smiles. "Don't bother. They need to be reminded of their place. Your predecessor paid far too little attention to covert matters, allowing them to do as they will."
"Sounds like a fair point. Which reminds me; are matters of domestic - as in, Demon Realm internal - intelligence and covert activities handled by the Duke as well? Or are they kept separately and fall into someone else's responsibility?"
"She's a odd girl."
So, only her. Guess I'll have to see about spreading that around a bit; too useful not to.
They're basically Demonic Fantasy Japanese epxies with the numbers filed off.
Alright, so lots of bowing and politeness.
Yep.

You find her waiting for you in many of the sitting rooms with a very beautiful young woman.

The younger demon sister glances over. "That is Lady Seneschal. She manages most of the royal household."

The elder nods. "Some call her Head Maid because she personally trained the royal maids."
"Thank you," I tell the Handmaidens, once again making me glad that I had the two of them. While my Arachne and Lamia concubines undoubtedly were competent in their own fields, the Oni Sisters' ability to inform me about the individuals of note I'd have to interact with would be invalueable.
I made a mental note to show them I appreciated that somehow; maybe some sort of gift, though I'd have to find out what they'd like in that regard, first. Maybe during the dinner after returning from the trip.

For now, however, I put on a friendly face as I approach the Princess and her friend.

"Hello, Princess," I greet her, "I hope I did not make you wait?"

I wasn't sure, but better to be safe than sorry.

I then turn towards the Lady Seneshall, waiting for Ruby-Eyes to introduce us. At least, that's what I think is the correct procedure here, if what trivia I remember about high-society manners is correct.
Once she has done so, I give the Seneshall either a handshake or -kiss, depending on how she seems to react.
"It's a pleasure to meet you."
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
Silver Sun 17 wrote:OOC: unwatched and rewatched. let's see how this works.

Well, it was a wild and crazy night. You wake up the next morning hungry and laying on a bed of well satisfied woman flesh.

Seems this demon thing has given you some crazy stamina.

I climb out of the bed and strech before going to the window and take a look outside.

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:You actually manage to not humiliate yourself and learn a good deal.

"You are willing to learn and rarely make the same mistake twice. Good."

"I'm glad I have earned you're approval (m'lady/princess), I'm sure it'd be grueling if I were a dullard who didn't know his a...well who was a complete dullard."

"It is cultural. They dislike eating thinking beings."

"And toss another stereotype to the gutter." If she asks I mention the legend about a dragon's preference for maiden and how in some stories a dragon literally can't each anything BUT maidens.

"It should be. Many will make the attempt.

And when they get caught I get carte blanche to fwoosh or smash them yes?

That was a hint. Set the enviroment. You're the one who dictates things in this evil kingdom of evilness.

Alright. Next time I see the Princess I'll mention that I've heard she an enthusiastic master of combat and battle magic and I ask if she would like to at least watch my next training session, maybe put in some advice. I'd also heard she's exception with a polearm, maybe if she thinks I'm worth the trouble we could see how well my ax work compares, might as well see if I've actually learned anything.

No, but I think I might be able to dig up you a Stag...

HINT.

Hah!
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:45 am

Rieverre wrote:"So, the key to our relationship is going to be bonding over big explosions and gratuitous violence ... I think I can work with that. How do you feel about tropical beaches?"

"I like beaches."

Because I know well how my island vacation is going to turn out. In fire and with people screaming. Might as well get some more use out of it.

"Can I bring a guest?"

Likely for the best. I let the maid inevitably appearing behind me when I start to turn around that since we have guests now we might as well do a full breakfast tomorrow. Big table for all of my dependents and an invitation to both Ruby and Blue. Which is surely going to turn out horribly but will at least provide morning entertainment.

Then I have some tea, thank the other ninja-maid politely, and collapse into bed with my onis.  

The Maid reappears moments later. "M'lord, m'lady princess wishes to bring a guest."

Kelenas wrote:Noted, though I'd rather keep them in reserve. Relying on such means from the get-go would feel... sloppy, and probably lead to me getting lazy and complacent in such matters, right until I wake up with a knife in the ribs. I think I'd rather avoid that.

"You could also convince her to sell you her soul in exchange for power."

"Huh, interesting."

He seems to think so. "On the same note the Princess has an open request to speak with you again. That said, so do most of the lords and ladies of the realm."

I think back to my encounter with the Grand Princess of the Dragon Clan, when she blasted a Fire Demon into the wall with contemptuous ease. "Yeah, that I don't have to 'imagine'."

"She is impressive for one so young."

"Sounds like a fair point. Which reminds me; are matters of domestic - as in, Demon Realm internal - intelligence and covert activities handled by the Duke as well? Or are they kept separately and fall into someone else's responsibility?"

"The king delegated much to the princess and she relied heavily on her cousin... who I believe will be joining you on your vacation."

So, only her. Guess I'll have to see about spreading that around a bit; too useful not to.

Alright.

Alright, so lots of bowing and politeness.

But ruthless and demonic. ^_^

"Thank you," I tell the Handmaidens, once again making me glad that I had the two of them. While my Arachne and Lamia concubines undoubtedly were competent in their own fields, the Oni Sisters' ability to inform me about the individuals of note I'd have to interact with would be invalueable.
Having people in the know is always a good thing.

I made a mental note to show them I appreciated that somehow; maybe some sort of gift, though I'd have to find out what they'd like in that regard, first. Maybe during the dinner after returning from the trip.

Heheheheh.

For now, however, I put on a friendly face as I approach the Princess and her friend.

"Hello, Princess," I greet her, "I hope I did not make you wait?"

I wasn't sure, but better to be safe than sorry.

I then turn towards the Lady Seneshall, waiting for Ruby-Eyes to introduce us. At least, that's what I think is the correct procedure here, if what trivia I remember about high-society manners is correct.

Once she has done so, I give the Seneshall either a handshake or -kiss, depending on how she seems to react.
"It's a pleasure to meet you."

She accepts it with good cheer. "M'lord."

Silver Sun 17 wrote:
I climb out of the bed and strech before going to the window and take a look outside.

Still red and dull. Seems there really isn't much of a day night cycle here.

THe girls are snoozing and...

You are the Demon King... - Page 23 BxBaBoT

"M'lord, the High Priest has requested that you join him for breakfast."

Brian Boru wrote:"I'm glad I have earned you're approval (m'lady/princess), I'm sure it'd be grueling if I were a dullard who didn't know his a...well who was a complete dullard."

This is the seneschal.

"You need to work on your verbal wit."

"And toss another stereotype to the gutter."  If she asks I mention the legend about a dragon's preference for maiden and how in some stories a dragon literally can't each anything BUT maidens.

"Who said they ate the maidens?"

And when they get caught I get carte blanche to fwoosh or smash them yes?

"Of course."

Alright.  Next time I see the Princess I'll mention that I've heard she an enthusiastic master of combat and battle magic and I ask if she would like to at least watch my next training session, maybe put in some advice.  I'd also heard she's exception with a polearm, maybe if she thinks I'm worth the trouble we could see how well my ax work compares, might as well see if I've actually learned anything.

"Hm. Very well." she replies looking a bit pleased. "It serves me to keep you alive. So when do you wish to begin?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:This is the seneschal.

"You need to work on your verbal wit."

"Yes I'm sure the Oni queen would likely not take kindly to the comparison that had come to mind."

"Who said they ate the maidens?"

I blink at that, "If I were still human, I'd likely beg enough spirits to give an entire flight of dragons liver failure, in a mad attempt to erase that image from my mind....not sure if I've changed my mind..."

"Of course."

Cue Burns 'excellent'

"Hm. Very well." she replies looking a bit pleased. "It serves me to keep you alive. So when do you wish to begin?"

I grin, "It warms my heart at your concern. I guess letting you see what I can do first and give me a summary of your opinions after that. Once you've seen my skill thus far we could have a spar to see how I compare, completely at your discretion of course. It'd do neither of us any real good if I haven't learned enough to be worth sparring with yet."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:41 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Yes I'm sure the Oni queen would likely not take kindly to the comparison that had come to mind."

"I know."

I blink at that, "If I were still human, I'd likely beg enough spirits to give an entire flight of dragons liver failure, in a mad attempt to erase that image from my mind....not sure if I've changed my mind..."

"They're shape shifters," she points out.

Cue Burns 'excellent'

Spock Eyebrow Powers, ACTIVATE!

I grin, "It warms my heart at your concern.  I guess letting you see what I can do first and give me a summary of your opinions after that.  Once you've seen my skill thus far we could have a spar to see how I compare, completely at your discretion of course.  It'd do neither of us any real good if I haven't learned enough to be worth sparring with yet."

"Show me..."

Roll 3d10.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Can I bring a guest?"

"The more actually think about it, the more I'm convinced this will somehow end in fire and screaming. So yes, certainly."

The Maid reappears moments later. "M'lord, m'lady princess wishes to bring a guest."

Assuming this is the same guest she wants to bring along on the trip ...

I give the maid a sleepy nod and briefly contemplate pulling her into the pile to use as a hug pillow.

"Tell her it's fine and please make the arrangements."

Zzzzzzzzzz
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:"You could also convince her to sell you her soul in exchange for power."
"And how does that work in this case? So far, I've only heard about this from the Duke, where he describes something similar being used to form cults, who receive power and possibly transformation into a Demon if they serve us."
He seems to think so. "On the same note the Princess has an open request to speak with you again. That said, so do most of the lords and ladies of the realm."
"The Grand Princess of the Dragon Clan, I'm guessing?"
Honestly, one of the things I couldn't help but wonder about is how people here got by just using titles. I could see it working fine when it comes to unique individuals or positions, but I couldn't help but wonder if it didn't cause misunderstandings, or necessitate expanded explanations in situations where there were multiple people with the same or similar titles.
"She is impressive for one so young."
No doubt about that, heh.
Definitely.
Heheheheh.
What's so funny?
She accepts it with good cheer. "M'lord."
"I'll probably ask to speak with you about various matters in the near future, trying to get a better grasp on the responsibilities of my new position, but for now I hope you'll just enjoy the day with us."

I briefly think about also asking her some personal questions, like her friendship with Ruby-Eyes, but I figure doing so while standing around in the palace, rather than maybe asking while sitting on a nice beach, enjoying the sun, and sipping some pina colada, would be a bit of a dumb move on my part.

"Well, then; shall we go on our little vacation?"
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:43 am

OOC: So had a recent chat with Psyckosama invited me over to this and mentioned that this has been a little less hectic for him, so figure I try throwing my hat into the ring.

Oh lord, what the heck?!
I feel sick combined with the worse headaches ever.  Someone shoot me! @_@

Which finally ends with impact against hard stone floor.  It was to my relief that the headache, dizziness, and nausea all gradually faded away and suppressing the urge to vomit.  Perhaps a good thing as I finally noticed the two unnerving beings in front of me.  A demonic look pig and woman stood before me.  

Well, this can't be good.  Even if the demonic woman has very ample display of her 'endowed assets'.  Better not stare.

It was moment before any words came to my mouth, as I just steel my nerves and try to analyze the situation I'm in.  They both are standing before me as if expecting me.  "Uh... Why am I here?  I take it that I've been summoned," I ask the most obvious question that comes to me with the most deduced conclusion I came to.

Seraph

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

Still red and dull. Seems there really isn't much of a day night cycle here.
That's going to be a pain in the ass when it comes to getting sleep.
THe girls are snoozing and...

You are the Demon King... - Page 23 BxBaBoT

"M'lord, the High Priest has requested that you join him for breakfast."

"Thank you." I say with a nod then i pause. "Is that pose personal preference, bucking for a promotion or trained into you?"

Last edited by Silver Sun 17 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I know."

"And my humor falls flat.  I'll either need to work on that or try a different tact."

"They're shape shifters," she points out.

"That makes it slightly better."

Spock Eyebrow Powers, ACTIVATE!

"Elves as a concept irritated me when I only knew them as fiction, now I have the opportunity to live out a certain fantasy.  And let's not delve into what that is at the moment, it wouldn't really be productive for either of us."

"Show me..."

Roll 3d10.

Here we go.

Brian Boru carried out 3 launched of one d10 :
1 , 5 , 5
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Rieverre wrote:"The more actually think about it, the more I'm convinced this will somehow end in fire and screaming. So yes, certainly."

"Alright."

Assuming this is the same guest she wants to bring along on the trip ...

I give the maid a sleepy nod and briefly contemplate pulling her into the pile to use as a hug pillow.

"Tell her it's fine and please make the arrangements."

Zzzzzzzzzz

The next morning everyone is there... plus one.

She seems to be chatting with the princess who seems much more relaxed around her.

Kelenas wrote:"And how does that work in this case? So far, I've only heard about this from the Duke, where he describes something similar being used to form cults, who receive power and possibly transformation into a Demon if they serve us."

"Complicated process."

"The Grand Princess of the Dragon Clan, I'm guessing?"

"Yes. As you already know it, I will refer to the Imperial Demon Princess by her personal title in private. Ruby Eyes."

Honestly, one of the things I couldn't help but wonder about is how people here got by just using titles. I could see it working fine when it comes to unique individuals or positions, but I couldn't help but wonder if it didn't cause misunderstandings, or necessitate expanded explanations in situations where there were multiple people with the same or similar titles.

You ask about it?

No doubt about that, heh.

"She is talented."

Definitely.

"I'll probably ask to speak with you about various matters in the near future, trying to get a better grasp on the responsibilities of my new position, but for now I hope you'll just enjoy the day with us."

"I will aspire to."

And she looks hella good in a bikini

I briefly think about also asking her some personal questions, like her friendship with Ruby-Eyes, but I figure doing so while standing around in the palace, rather than maybe asking while sitting on a nice beach, enjoying the sun, and sipping some pina colada, would be a bit of a dumb move on my part.

Heh

"Well, then; shall we go on our little vacation?"

Your personal airship is here to take you there.

You are the Demon King... - Page 23 Oongj6M

Seraph wrote:OOC: So had a recent chat with Psyckosama invited me over to this and mentioned that this has been a little less hectic for him, so figure I try throwing my hat into the ring.

Oh lord, what the heck?!
I feel sick combined with the worse headaches ever.  Someone shoot me! @_@

Which finally ends with impact against hard stone floor.  It was to my relief that the headache, dizziness, and nausea all gradually faded away and suppressing the urge to vomit.  Perhaps a good thing as I finally noticed the two unnerving beings in front of me.  A demonic look pig and woman stood before me.  

Well, this can't be good.  Even if the demonic woman has very ample display of her 'endowed assets'.  Better not stare.

It was moment before any words came to my mouth, as I just steel my nerves and try to analyze the situation I'm in.  They both are standing before me as if expecting me.  "Uh... Why am I here?  I take it that I've been summoned," I ask the most obvious question that comes to me with the most deduced conclusion I came to.

As you reorient yourself your vision starts to clear.

You are the Demon King... - Page 23 YRbptBZ

The pig like one laughs and looks down at you with a vicious smile. "Huh. Well, this one's got balls that's for sure. And here I was hoping to give him a scare."

"Well," a voice from behind you comments, "He seems to have survived the summoning process unharmed. Do not worry, all will be made clear soon."

You are the Demon King... - Page 23 0EzBbBg

"Bah,"

You are the Demon King... - Page 23 TL7Ptyu

The woman frowns and looks over. "Can we throw this one back in favor of a more physically impressive specimen?"

"No."

Silver Sun 17 wrote:That's going to be a pain in the ass when it comes to getting sleep.

Yeah. Can be.

"Thank you." I say with a nod then i pause. "Is that pose personal preference, bucking for a promotion or trained into you?"

"The roll of a maid is to be obedient, submissive, yet with a core of unbending steel. This pose is for your appreciation, but I will allow nothing to interfere with my duties."

Brian Boru wrote:"And my humor falls flat.  I'll either need to work on that or try a different tact."

"Yes, you will."

"That makes it slightly better."

She raises an eyebrow.

"Elves as a concept irritated me when I only knew them as fiction, now I have the opportunity to live out a certain fantasy.  And let's not delve into what that is at the moment, it wouldn't really be productive for either of us."

"I see."

Here we go.

You actually manage to not to too horrible, and at one point actually impress her.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

Yeah. Can be.
damn it, I hope the blinds are thick enough.

"The roll of a maid is to be obedient, submissive, yet with a core of unbending steel. This pose is for your appreciation, but I will allow nothing to interfere with my duties."

"So all of the above?" I say small easy smile of amusement playing on my lips. "I'll need some clothing for breakfast then, and rouse my handmaidans after getting some clothes for them would you? You can let my concubines sleep for now through do have someone feed and clothe them when they wake."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelenas Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Complicated process."
"Fair enough. I'll just leave it for later."
"Yes. As you already know it, I will refer to the Imperial Demon Princess by her personal title in private. Ruby Eyes."
Alright.
You ask about it?
Yeah.
"I will aspire to."

And she looks hella good in a bikini
By now I am fairly certain that it would be easier and quicker to simply name those individuals - particularly girls/women - that *aren't* smoking hot.

I wonder if it's something in the air...?

Your personal airship is here to take you there.

You are the Demon King... - Page 23 Oongj6M
Mh... I thought we were going via portal to one of the islands in the Chaos Sea, or whatever it was called? The place that was crawling with pirates and the like?
Or does the ship have the ability to open portals on its own?
Kelenas
Kelenas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Psyckosama wrote:The next morning everyone is there... plus one.

She seems to be chatting with the princess who seems much more relaxed around her.

"And a good morning to all," I say casually, walking up to the table. I could just blithely state that I see a new face and ask if this is Ruby's guest ... but really, that's self-evident and I expect she'll take care of introductions.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:49 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:damn it, I hope the blinds are thick enough.

Slept like a baby.

"So all of the above?" I say small easy smile of amusement playing on my lips.

Not really.

"I'll need some clothing for breakfast then, and rouse my handmaidans after getting some clothes for them would you? You can let my concubines sleep for now through do have someone feed and clothe them when they wake."

She dresses you and asks what you wish to have for breakfast.

Kelenas wrote:"Fair enough. I'll just leave it for later."

You get a nod.

By now I am fairly certain that it would be easier and quicker to simply name those individuals - particularly girls/women - that *aren't* smoking hot.

I wonder if it's something in the air...?

Demon Chicks, dude. Demon Chicks. They don't do average.

Mh... I thought we were going via portal to one of the islands in the Chaos Sea, or whatever it was called? The place that was crawling with pirates and the like?
Or does the ship have the ability to open portals on its own?

You have to get to the portal before you can cross it, don't you?

You rather walk? :p

Rieverre wrote:"And a good morning to all," I say casually, walking up to the table. I could just blithely state that I see a new face and ask if this is Ruby's guest ... but really, that's self-evident and I expect she'll take care of introductions.

"This is the Lady Seneschal," Ruby Eyes introduces her as. "My cousin and the manager of the royal household"

She bows politely.

The demon sisters whisper over. "And her most trusted companion."

"Some believe their relationship is closer than simple family..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Yes, you will."

Cool one isn't she? "Duly noted."

She raises an eyebrow.

"The horrible image of the logistics of a giant reptile and a human female was trying to burn itself into my mind. Shape-shifting makes it easier to accept."

"I see."

She likely thinks I'm crazy.

You actually manage to not to too horrible, and at one point actually impress her.

"I'm glad to be worthy of your praise." If this includes a spar then I ask about magic, if it doesn't then I ask if I'm worth having a spar with her.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"This is the Lady Seneschal," Ruby Eyes introduces her as. "My cousin and the manager of the royal household"

She bows politely.

"It's a pleasure," I smile. "The household staff has been exemplary in the execution of their duties, as well as the discretion with which they do so."

The demon sisters whisper over. "And her most trusted companion."

"Some believe their relationship is closer than simple family..."

Shelved for the moment, but useful information. And yes, that, I'm trying not to think about that, really ... it's almost working too.

Dammit brain. Well, it _was_ almost working.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum