Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are the Demon King...

+5
Kelenas
Brian Boru
mithril-blade
Silver Sun 17
Ironforge
9 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

You are the Demon King... - Page 27 Empty Re: You are the Demon King...

Post by Rieverre Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Psyckosama wrote:It's not THAT loud. It's just you were not used to it. Basically you've never held a sword with emotion before. It's just kinda... there...

You used ALLCAPS for it so I assumed it was pretty loud.

"You will find most magical weapons have a... presence. The more powerful the weapon, the stronger the presence. That said, the Soul Reaver is a very powerful weapon..."

"Maybe. I should probably pick something of similar size from the more mundane sections of the armory to use as a practice blade though."

I give it one last look.

"I should probably learn how to use one of these before taking _that_ up."

Then, yeah, I get out of the vault and find a similarly-sized two-handed sword to learn with. Then, well, it's sparring time.

"What exactly was that first impression?"

"That she has ideals she believes in strongly and the mettle to attempt and bring them about. That made her ... relatable. Potentially useful. Also potentially dangerous."

Then I give half a smile. "Also, she offered me coffee."

"If you'd propositioned her she might have taken offense, though she may have accepted if only to attempt to resurrect the black dragon blood line... and to infuriate me. If you'd propositioned me I'd have been angry but may have accepted with reluctance considering the fact that I'm required to produce your offspring as part of my Duty. If you'd propositioned my cousin she instead would have changed the subject and then gently offered to spar with you... using it as an excuse to beat you half to death for daring to treat her like a common harlot. If you'd propositioned the maids, they would have gently declined and then found a passive aggressive manner with which to punish your presumption."

"And that's its own little goldmine of information regarding motivations and character," I smile at her. "Just to clarify - I did not proposition any of the people listed precisely because of potential responses like that, or similar.

She pauses, "And this does not mean you can now proposition me and I will happily put out.

"If I did that I'd be expecting to wake up with my throat slit. Or, you know, not at all. The 'happily' part is rather important for me."

I want to make one thing clear so there is no misunderstanding. You've made me your vizier. Does this mean that you are willing to accept a power sharing agreement? I know you are the emperor and as much as it grates me, I submit, but as vizier my authority will be second only to yours and my word will carry your full authority? is this correct?"

"Yes, that was the general idea. Also, if for some reason I'm taken by a fell mood and about to try and make policy decisions, I'll probably consult with you first. That said ... and while this needs spelling out I assume it's fairly self-explanatory ... I will hold you responsible for the decisions you make."

Pause.

"I suppose I could add caveats, conditions, safeties ... but I've heard of your reputation. And I've seen some of your actions. So I'll leave it at that for now."

Assuming a yes.

She nods. "Alright. I understand and can accept this. It is a better offer than I could have expected otherwise. I will accept. Understand that while I do not love you and may never will, I will be loyal... as long as you fulfill your part of the bargain. Is this acceptable?"

"I believe we have an accord ... and this would be a fair bit more poignant if I had an ounce of drama or romance in my soul, but," I shrug and extend my hand. If she takes it as if to shake on it, I'll do that ... then kiss the back of it.

"Well, maybe there's a little bit still there."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Rieverre wrote:You used ALLCAPS for it so I assumed it was pretty loud.

Less loud, more batshit crazy.

"Maybe. I should probably pick something of similar size from the more mundane sections of the armory to use as a practice blade though."

I give it one last look.

"I should probably learn how to use one of these before taking _that_ up."

Then, yeah, I get out of the vault and find a similarly-sized two-handed sword to learn with. Then, well, it's sparring time.

"It's best to spar with something less... substantial, but if you want to use that sword you need to learn on that sword if only so you can Master it.

You can hear the M.

"That she has ideals she believes in strongly and the mettle to attempt and bring them about. That made her ... relatable. Potentially useful. Also potentially dangerous."

Then I give half a smile. "Also, she offered me coffee."

"What was the exact situation?"

"And that's its own little goldmine of information regarding motivations and character," I smile at her. "Just to clarify - I did not proposition any of the people listed precisely because of potential responses like that, or similar.

"I'm your vizer. I believe that is my role."

"If I did that I'd be expecting to wake up with my throat slit. Or, you know, not at all. The 'happily' part is rather important for me."

"I wouldn't kill you. I need you alive... At least until I bare you an heir or figure out a way to claim the throne despite my gender."

She smirks on the last part.

"Yes, that was the general idea. Also, if for some reason I'm taken by a fell mood and about to try and make policy decisions, I'll probably consult with you first. That said ... and while this needs spelling out I assume it's fairly self-explanatory ... I will hold you responsible for the decisions you make."

Pause.

"I suppose I could add caveats, conditions, safeties ... but I've heard of your reputation. And I've seen some of your actions. So I'll leave it at that for now."

"Of course. And before I make major policy decisions I will of course consult my Emperor."

"I believe we have an accord ... and this would be a fair bit more poignant if I had an ounce of drama or romance in my soul, but," I shrug and extend my hand. If she takes it as if to shake on it, I'll do that ... then kiss the back of it.

"Well, maybe there's a little bit still there."

"Good. No romance would be boring. I'm not a romantic, but a woman has emotional needs."

She smiles.

"So I am yours and you are mine. It is agreed upon. While you have heard it used, often inappropriately, my personal title is Ruby Eyes."

"Now if you still desire it, would you like to offer Chaotic Blue her place as your mount? That way she can believe she has won a victory over them... then at the moment of her greatest level of smugness and pride allow me to piss in her wine by informing her of new courtly title?"

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"And making sure you have a noose ready on any rope you give them."

"Understood, thank you for the clarification."

"Yes. It's not truly the land of the dead, it's a land of Water and Order. It's a realm dominated by ice and cold... frozen islands on vast seas. It's a realm of giants, trolls, sea monsters, and those mortal barbarians brave and hearty enough to tests its cold and seas. The Undead actually are a minority but its cold and orderly realm makes it an idea place to practice their art as both those elements suit the practice of Necormancy well and they are not affected by the extreme conditons."

OOC basically Vikings and Vampires :p

"Interesting, and these barbarians, they live there full time? Or do they just wander in for short periods of time?"

"What kind of giants are we talking about? Intelligent? Braindead brutes?"

"How about trolls?"

"Are there any particularly powerful vampires or liches we should keep tabs on?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"It's best to spar with something less... substantial, but if you want to use that sword you need to learn on that sword if only so you can Master it.

You can hear the M.

... she'd know better than I do, I suppose.

Ah well. Two swords then. One less outright lethal for sparring. And the Soul Reaver. If there's any sheath or carrying case or similar for it around where I found it, I'll use that.

"What was the exact situation?"

"She'd effectively made herself part of the handmaidens' trial. On being asked what she hoped to accomplish, she responded with a generally unfavorable opinion of he handmaiden selection process, including the Emperor's limited volition and loss of skilled indivuduals."

"I wouldn't kill you. I need you alive... At least until I bare you an heir or figure out a way to claim the throne despite my gender."

She smirks on the last part.

*deadpan* "Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal." */deadpan*

"Good. No romance would be boring. I'm not a romantic, but a woman has emotional needs."

She smiles.

"So I am yours and you are mine. It is agreed upon. While you have heard it used, often inappropriately, my personal title is Ruby Eyes."

"Now if you still desire it, would you like to offer Chaotic Blue her place as your mount? That way she can believe she has won a victory over them... then at the moment of her greatest level of smugness and pride allow me to piss in her wine by informing her of new courtly title?"

"Vicious, but if I were to do so at this juncture the ease with which it went may tip her off."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"Understood, thank you for the clarification."

A small nod.

"Interesting, and these barbarians, they live there full time?  Or do they just wander in for short periods of time?"

"Understand that the realms aren't absolute. They have regions of overlap. These are hearty men from the extreme north of the mortal world who have in part bred with the beings that are native to that realm, giving them superior size, strength, and resistance to cold..."

"What kind of giants are we talking about?  Intelligent?  Braindead brutes?"

"Yes. Multiple breeds."

"How about trolls?"

"Most are stupid, all are ugly."

"Are there any particularly powerful vampires or liches we should keep tabs on?"

"A number.."

OOC not making a list.

Rieverre wrote:... she'd know better than I do, I suppose.

Ah well. Two swords then. One less outright lethal for sparring. And the Soul Reaver. If there's any sheath or carrying case or similar for it around where I found it, I'll use that.

Yes there is.

"She'd effectively made herself part of the handmaidens' trial. On being asked what she hoped to accomplish, she responded with a generally unfavorable opinion of he handmaiden selection process, including the Emperor's limited volition and loss of skilled indivuduals."

She sighs "What exactly did she do?"

Assuming you tell her.

"She was posturing. She might not like the tradition, but what she was doing was trying to get access or at least impress you with her power when you were still unawares."

*deadpan* "Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal." */deadpan*

She smiles.

"Vicious, but if I were to do so at this juncture the ease with which it went may tip her off."

"True, but play to her ego a bit and she'd be so easy to trap. Though that would insult her pride..." she shrugs. "So best not. Dragons are very sensitive."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:05 am

Psyckosama wrote:Yes there is.

I'll start with learning how to use _a_ greatsword first. After all, it wouldn't do to, say, drop the Reaver on my foot. The Lamia's free to pursue her own devices for the moment, and I'll grab the handmaidens and hit the training room again for my inevitable humiliating asskicking. That seems to be how most of these training sequences seem to work.

She sighs "What exactly did she do?"

Assuming you tell her.

"She was posturing. She might not like the tradition, but what she was doing was trying to get access or at least impress you with her power when you were still unawares."

"I suppose I should blame my human sensibilities ... wait, no, I was already twisted then. At any rate, she's managed to succeed inasmuch as me liking her is concerned."

She smiles.

"Yeah, this is going to be an interesting relationship. When we have the best of intentions we end up talking past one another and get along best when we're snarking or blowing things up."

Wry grin.

"At this rate, any potential courtship is going to require a small war."

"True, but play to her ego a bit and she'd be so easy to trap. Though that would insult her pride..." she shrugs. "So best not. Dragons are very sensitive."

"Separate occasions would likely be best then, if it ever ends up happening at all."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Psyckosama wrote:A small nod.

Kool

"Understand that the realms aren't absolute. They have regions of overlap. These are hearty men from the extreme north of the mortal world who have in part bred with the beings that are native to that realm, giving them superior size, strength, and resistance to cold..."

"So a metaphysical map would somewhat resemble a Venn Diagram then? (I explain the concept), interesting."

"We have any interactions with them because they sound useful in the future."

"Yes. Multiple breeds."

"Ah like that."

"Most are stupid, all are ugly."

"Regenerative powers?"

"A number.."

"Right then I'll make sure to look at that if the need arises thank you."

"So...how about the realm of light or angels or whatever they are I think I heard mention of them before. Kinda look like winged humans or the like have a raging hate on for our kind?"
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Rieverre wrote:I'll start with learning how to use _a_ greatsword first. After all, it wouldn't do to, say, drop the Reaver on my foot.

True.

The Lamia's free to pursue her own devices for the moment, and I'll grab the handmaidens and hit the training room again for my inevitable humiliating asskicking. That seems to be how most of these training sequences seem to work.

Roll for it Wink

"I suppose I should blame my human sensibilities ... wait, no, I was already twisted then. At any rate, she's managed to succeed inasmuch as me liking her is concerned."

"I see."

"Yeah, this is going to be an interesting relationship. When we have the best of intentions we end up talking past one another and get along best when we're snarking or blowing things up."

Wry grin.

"At this rate, any potential courtship is going to require a small war."

She seems to have no probelm with this to the point that it doesn't get much more than a shrug.

"Separate occasions would likely be best then, if it ever ends up happening at all."

"It will..." she grins.

Brian Boru wrote:"So a metaphysical map would somewhat resemble a Venn Diagram then?  (I explain the concept), interesting."

"Yes. Somewhat, yes."

"We have any interactions with them because they sound useful in the future."

"They are not fond of demons and nor we them."

"Ah like that."

"Though the general rule tends to be the larger they are the stupider and less humanoid."

"Regenerative powers?"

"Some."

"Right then I'll make sure to look at that if the need arises thank you."

Alight.

"So...how about the realm of light or angels or whatever they are I think I heard mention of them before.  Kinda look like winged humans or the like have a raging hate on for our kind?"

"They are a intensely stratified, almost caste based society who are based around the worship of a non-anthropomorphized deity like concept they call "the light". They consider it a fundamental natural force for good. They are inflexible and dogmatic society that is based around worship, quiet contemplation, and obedient. They're broken up into choirs, which all tend to have a different perspective of exactly what is the best way to serve the light. Violence is rare but they tend to debate vigorously and act very smug with oneaother.."

He smiles. "They dislike us because we are passionate, destructive, chaotic, and generally everything they're not..."

OOC So how many times do I have to reply to this to get a stag? Not fair, dude! :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Roll for it Wink

rolling

"It will..." she grins.

... apparently I live to amuse. Before I finish up here and say my goodbyes I will ask what the current state of trade and general communication between cities/settlements is in the Realm. What's the most common means of sending messages, for instance.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:10 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 6

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Rieverre wrote:... apparently I live to amuse. Before I finish up here and say my goodbyes I will ask what the current state of trade and general communication between cities/settlements is in the Realm. What's the most common means of sending messages, for instance.

Travel by ground is dangerous. Most individuals use teleportation gates, larger items and groups take airships.

And communication is generally instantaneous. Seems that magic mirrors are a thing.

As for your training... you don't completely humiliate yourself at least.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Travel by ground is dangerous. Most individuals use teleportation gates, larger items and groups take airships.

And communication is generally instantaneous. Seems that magic mirrors are a thing.

That's good to know. How relatively advanced in those respects are the other Realms?

As for your training... you don't completely humiliate yourself at least.

... well, that's encouraging. I managed not to stab myself. Might as well make this part of my daily routine. Followed by handmaiden sexy times in the hot tub, because reasons. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Seraph Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
"All in due time, but this isn't the place for this conversation."

You're walked up a long flight of steps and through an archway which closes with a wave of the priests hand, hiding it from sight.

You then turn onto a massive hall of black marble, basalt, and obsidian... its huge and ominous. As you walk you see several paintings on the wall.

Such as this one...

As you walk you see the eyes of the odd guard are on you...
"Ah, very well," I reply in understanding.  So wanted some place more appropriate it appears. As I calmly walk after the priest, mentally noting how the priest closes the archway with interest, I continue to observe my surrounding and 'hosts'. All the black construction material... the ominous paintings... was a lot like a dark lord's castle. Which what may well this be.

On noticing the guards eyes on me, I could only quietly observe back and quietly steel my nerve. I still didn't know why I am here.

Seraph

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

He nods. "You will have time. There will be a grand assembly of the clans to present them to you, but until then you will have time to accommodate."
I nod in reply and move to take a seat.

"will anyone else be joining us?"

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Yes. Somewhat, yes."

"Ah, alright then. Interesting."

"They are not fond of demons and nor we them."

"Ah darn, and here I was hoping that our likely mutual affection for beating the shit out of things or people could be the basis of a rapport. Scratch that then I guess." (Sarcasm here.)

"In all seriousness understood. I was just hoping something other than cultists were vaguely supportive or not hostile towards us in Midgard or the mortal realm or whatever it's called."

"Though the general rule tends to be the larger they are the stupider and less humanoid."

"Interesting."

"Some."

"Cutting wounds I'm assuming but not regrow an arm yes? Old stories on my world told of some that could survive a decapitation simply by growing a new head, and so fast that the back swing of the hero would be trying to take it again."

"They are a intensely stratified, almost caste based society who are based around the worship of a non-anthropomorphized deity like concept they call "the light". They consider it a fundamental natural force for good. They are inflexible and dogmatic society that is based around worship, quiet contemplation, and obedient. They're broken up into choirs, which all tend to have a different perspective of exactly what is the best way to serve the light. Violence is rare but they tend to debate vigorously and act very smug with oneaother.."

"Sounds about as enjoyable as chewing on rocks."

He smiles. "They dislike us because we are passionate, destructive, chaotic, and generally everything they're not..."

"Ah so it's massive subconscious jealousy is it? Such an ugly thing that. And I have the feeling that their females if they ever turn are HORRIBLY suppressed and once loose explode in astounding ways yes?"

"And the beast realm I got the understanding that the Spiderfolk and the Orcs mayber are from there originally yes?"

OOC So how many times do I have to reply to this to get a stag? Not fair, dude! :p

Coming right up.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:37 am

Rieverre wrote:That's good to know. How relatively advanced in those respects are the other Realms?

"We all use similar spells."

... well, that's encouraging. I managed not to stab myself. Might as well make this part of my daily routine. Followed by handmaiden sexy times in the hot tub, because reasons. ^^

Of course. So, what comes next in your evil plots?

And you get a request from Chaotic Blue to take a walk in the gardens.

Seraph wrote:"Ah, very well," I reply in understanding.  So wanted some place more appropriate it appears.  As I calmly walk after the priest, mentally noting how the priest closes the archway with interest, I continue to observe my surrounding and 'hosts'.    All the black construction material... the ominous paintings... was a lot like a dark lord's castle.  Which what may well this be.

On noticing the guards eyes on me, I could only quietly observe back and quietly steel my nerve.  I still didn't know why I am here.

I don't react, but take note. Pretty large variation of genus there, but for all intents and purposes we've got beastmen as infantry? Intriguing.[/quote]
Yep. After afew minutes your lead to a giant throne room.

On the throne is sitting a rather smug looking individual...

You are the Demon King... - Page 27 BMtfonT

"Oh, hello cousin..."

The girl sneers in rage.

You are the Demon King... - Page 27 FYmVSDx

"How dare you..."

"How dare I what? Sit on your daddy's throne. Or is it your throne... oh wait, that's right, you can't inherit can you... after all, you're a woman and thus only good for that lukewarm hole between your thighs, right?"

With a roar of rage the girl flairs in dark power.

You are the Demon King... - Page 27 KjalsOU

"Princess! NO!" the Priest exclaims.

She fires a massive blast of Black and Violet fire at the throne. It strikes against a massive shield and then purple lightening rebounds, consuming her in power as she screams in agony.

You are the Demon King... - Page 27 LsSK1yQ

She falls to her kneels, painting...

"Oh, Ruby, you were always so easy to get all wound up..."

You are the Demon King... - Page 27 LCFEN0o

The priest steps forward and looks at the man on the throne.

"Just because you are of Royal Blood, doesn't mean you are KING!"

Then waves his hand and he's violently ejected.

As in literally thrown off the throne to crash into the floor infront of it.

"Heh... worth it!"

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I nod in reply and move to take a seat.

"Not yet. I'm sure you have questions."

Brian Boru wrote:"Ah, alright then.  Interesting."

"Most overlaps are in areas of elemental and/or spiritual synergy."

"Ah darn, and here I was hoping that our likely mutual affection for beating the shit out of things or people could be the basis of a rapport.  Scratch that then I guess."  (Sarcasm here.)

"They can be wild, and ruthless, but they are extremely honor bound. They consider us flighty and irrelevant. We consider them dower and depressing."

"In all seriousness understood.  I was just hoping something other than cultists were vaguely supportive or not hostile towards us in Midgard or the mortal realm or whatever it's called."

"Many of the previous emperors were not very... likeable."

"Interesting."

"I believe its an issue of crossbreeding."

"Cutting wounds I'm assuming but not regrow an arm yes?  Old stories on my world told of some that could survive a decapitation simply by growing a new head, and so fast that the back swing of the hero would be trying to take it again."

"Decapitation will kill them... as long as you can keep the head from being reattached to the body. If a limb is removed and left to heal, the limb will wither but the arm can regrow with time."

"Sounds about as enjoyable as chewing on rocks."

"I'd rather chew the rocks," he replies cooly.

"Ah so it's massive subconscious jealousy is it?  Such an ugly thing that.

"If only... they tend to like it that way, horrifying as it might seem"

And I have the feeling that their females if they ever turn are HORRIBLY suppressed and once loose explode in astounding ways yes?"

"Not often, but when they do... well... fallen angels can be a great deal of fun."

"And the beast realm I got the understanding that the Spiderfolk and the Orcs mayber are from there originally yes?"

"The Arachnes, yes... the Orcs are an entirely moral race."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:14 am

Psyckosama wrote:"We all use similar spells."

"Everybody having near-instant communications is a bit of a gamechanger in military terms. That said, how many mirrors per military unit, usually? Or are they enough of a bother to make to only have a few dedicated signal officers carry them?"

Of course. So, what comes next in your evil plots?

I think that, in terms of planning, I've got a routine of training both my magic and getting my skill with a blade up to par set up. Unless there've been indications that forces from the other Realms are getting ready to launch a campaign against us I'll continue with those until the clan meeting.

Unless there's a town at the foot of the citadel? If so, while we must have passed through it on the way to hunt imps, I'd like to go down there and walk around a bit. Get a feel for how my new subjects live their lives, so to speak.

And you get a request from Chaotic Blue to take a walk in the gardens.

We have gardens here? ... wait, what am I saying, of course we have gardens here. Mental note, go hunt down the swimming pool that evening.

Anyway, yes, I reply that I would be joining her - did she make the request personally or send a missive? Either way, the reply is the same, only the medium changes really.

... for some reason I'm expecting the gardens to be something out of Poison Ivy's playbook, possibly with her as the gardener even.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:19 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Everybody having near-instant communications is a bit of a gamechanger in military terms. That said, how many mirrors per military unit, usually? Or are they enough of a bother to make to only have a few dedicated signal officers carry them?"

"It's not a cheap piece of magic. Enchanted items are expensive and they need someone versed in basic scrying magic to use properly. So its not used on the tactical level."

I think that, in terms of planning, I've got a routine of training both my magic and getting my skill with a blade up to par set up. Unless there've been indications that forces from the other Realms are getting ready to launch a campaign against us I'll continue with those until the clan meeting.

Alright. Trying to figure out what the GM needs to throw at you next.

Unless there's a town at the foot of the citadel? If so, while we must have passed through it on the way to hunt imps, I'd like to go down there and walk around a bit. Get a feel for how my new subjects live their lives, so to speak.

Why there is indeed a city outside the palace...

We have gardens here? ... wait, what am I saying, of course we have gardens here. Mental note, go hunt down the swimming pool that evening.

You have a pool. It's in a protected room to keep it from evaporating. Same with the gardens really...

Anyway, yes, I reply that I would be joining her - did she make the request personally or send a missive? Either way, the reply is the same, only the medium changes really.

Missive

... for some reason I'm expecting the gardens to be something out of Poison Ivy's playbook, possibly with her as the gardener even.

More out of Morticia Addams, but yes...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"It's not a cheap piece of magic. Enchanted items are expensive and they need someone versed in basic scrying magic to use properly. So its not used on the tactical level."

Better than just relying on banners and flags and runners, but if someone relies on that kind of thing too much it also presents a vulnerability.

Why there is indeed a city outside the palace...

I think I'll head out to explore, then. Would be interesting to see it in more than just passing to go imp-hunting and all. Or maybe I'm just going stir crazy from lack of internet connection. Anyway, when I have some free time I'll grab the handmaidens and head off.

Missive

In any case, I'll go join Blue in the gardens.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:46 pm

Psyckosama wrote:

Silver Sun 17 wrote:I nod in reply and move to take a seat.

"Not yet. I'm sure you have questions."

"Now that's I've survived the selection process what are all of you expecting from me?"

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Rieverre wrote:
Better than just relying on banners and flags and runners, but if someone relies on that kind of thing too much it also presents a vulnerability.

Oh, they still use those...

I think I'll head out to explore, then. Would be interesting to see it in more than just passing to go imp-hunting and all. Or maybe I'm just going stir crazy from lack of internet connection. Anyway, when I have some free time I'll grab the handmaidens and head off.

"M'lord, are you sure?"

They look a little... discomforted by the idea.

In any case, I'll go join Blue in the gardens.

The gardens are massive and divided into several areas. Several actually seem to be something right out of the mortal realm...

You find blue walking through one of the more basic and primal areas.

You find her walking along with as my poise and grace as you'd expect from one of her station...

You are the Demon King... - Page 27 WekEYa3

"My Emperor..."

She bows.

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"Now that's I've survived the selection process what are all of you expecting from me?"

"You're the demon emperor. The absolute ruler of this realm... you're expected to rule. You're also expected to mate with the princess as due to the mechanics of magical inheritance only her child would be able to inherit your throne."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:

"You're the demon emperor. The absolute ruler of this realm... you're expected to rule. You're also expected to mate with the princess as due to the mechanics of magical inheritance only her child would be able to inherit your throne."

"i'm not talking about what's feed to the public, i mean from a practical stand point. the odds of getting a capable ruler from that ritual have to be astronomical."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Most overlaps are in areas of elemental and/or spiritual synergy."

"Interesting."

"They can be wild, and ruthless, but they are extremely honor bound. They consider us flighty and irrelevant. We consider them dower and depressing."

"Sounds like they're not exactly lives of the party.....how do they feel about mercenary work? If it's made sure all sides of a bargain are kept."

"Many of the previous emperors were not very... likeable."

"Considering the mentality that likely is needed for this line of work I'm not surprised."

"I believe its an issue of crossbreeding."

"...the mechanics of that..." I mutter bemusedly.

"Decapitation will kill them... as long as you can keep the head from being reattached to the body. If a limb is removed and left to heal, the limb will wither but the arm can regrow with time."

"Ah good to know."

"I'd rather chew the rocks," he replies cooly.

"I'll take that to mind if I ever have to deal with them in any other means than hacking one to pieces or blasting them."

"How good are they in handling a breakdown in chains of command? Regimented organizations can be either really good at handling it or really bad."

"If only... they tend to like it that way, horrifying as it might seem"

"....different strokes for different folks I imagine...."

"Not often, but when they do... well... fallen angels can be a great deal of fun."

Grin at that.

"The Arachnes, yes... the Orcs are an entirely moral race."

"Ah from the world of men then. Huh they still have a presence there? Or have they moved here? I assume the latter considering the... sudden demise of my predecessor."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:"M'lord, are you sure?"

They look a little... discomforted by the idea.

"Alright ... how is what I've suggested a bad idea? Or uncomfortable for the two of you?" I ask directly rather than trying to intuit the issue. I'm not very good at the latter.

The gardens are massive and divided into several areas. Several actually seem to be something right out of the mortal realm...

You find blue walking through one of the more basic and primal areas.

You find her walking along with as my poise and grace as you'd expect from one of her station...

You are the Demon King... - Page 27 WekEYa3

"My Emperor..."

She bows.

"Princess," I greet Blue in return and offer an arm. "Always a pleasure."

She did invite me out for a walk, after all. I assume it was to discuss something, but I'll take it at face value for now. Maybe make some small talk to the tune of 'have the accommodations been to her liking' and such while waiting for her to segue into what she's actually wanted to talk about.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"i'm not talking about what's feed to the public, i mean from a practical stand point. the odds of getting a capable ruler from that ritual have to be astronomical."

"It's not about being a capable ruler. All that matters is you can sit on the throne and are capable of controlling your powers. If you can do that it doesn't matter. That throne is the nexus of the Underworld's power created specifically to give the one who sits in it near absolute power... and very few can. Only males of a specific unbroken bloodline, or failing that the very very very few with enough of a spiritual similarity to trick the throne. Right now there is no direct male heir, so we had to find someone close enough... but even then unless you reestablish the line then your heirs will not be able to take it."

Brian Boru wrote:"Sounds like they're not exactly lives of the party.....how do they feel about mercenary work? If it's made sure all sides of a bargain are kept."

"As long as they get their glory and loot, they care not from whose hands it was taken..."

"Considering the mentality that likely is needed for this line of work I'm not surprised."

Nods.

"...the mechanics of that..." I mutter bemusedly.

"Polymorph spells," he says with a level tone. "They make up for a world of ills. I've seen men breed with things you could not imagine... all while temporally bound to the form of a confused and extremely comely young maiden."

"Ah good to know."

"Not really. With just a sliver of your power you could reduce them to a husk."

"I'll take that to mind if I ever have to deal with them in any other means than hacking one to pieces or blasting them."

"They make amsuing slaves. It's always fun breaking an angel..."

"How good are they in handling a breakdown in chains of command?  Regimented organizations can be either really good at handling it or really bad."

"Relatively well. They're hidebound but experienced and their formations are based on trust."

"....different strokes for different folks I imagine...."

He grimaces.

Grin at that.

"Especially if you were the one to make them fall..."

"Ah from the world of men then.  Huh they still have a presence there? Or have they moved here?  I assume the latter considering the... sudden demise of my predecessor."

"I suggest you do not call it that. And they control large areas of the mortal world. None of which are of much value sadly."

Rieverre wrote:"Alright ... how is what I've suggested a bad idea? Or uncomfortable for the two of you?" I ask directly rather than trying to intuit the issue. I'm not very good at the latter.

"It's a pit, sire."

"Princess," I greet Blue in return and offer an arm. "Always a pleasure."

She did invite me out for a walk, after all. I assume it was to discuss something, but I'll take it at face value for now. Maybe make some small talk to the tune of 'have the accommodations been to her liking' and such while waiting for her to segue into what she's actually wanted to talk about.

She seems to be just chatting and enjoying your presence. Seems she's trying to give you a chance to be around her without Ruby Eyes getting in the way...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 17 Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
"It's not about being a capable ruler. All that matters is you can sit on the throne and are capable of controlling your powers. If you can do that it doesn't matter. That throne is the nexus of the Underworld's power created specifically to give the one who sits in it near absolute power... and very few can. Only males of a specific unbroken bloodline, or failing that the very very very few with enough of a spiritual similarity to trick the throne. Right now there is no direct male heir, so we had to find someone close enough... but even then unless you reestablish the line then your heirs will not be able to take it."
"So I'm a keystone. kill me before I have a son with the princess and everything comes tumbling down."

Silver Sun 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:39 am

Silver Sun 17 wrote:"So I'm a keystone. kill me before I have a son with the princess and everything comes tumbling down."

"More we'd have to summon void knows how many other poor saps and sit them on that chair to in hopes find the next one who doesn't explode on us before we have to start raiding the mortal realm for the spell components. Those rituals are not cheap."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:"It's a pit, sire."

"Do elaborate, please."

Also, how did I not notice this when going imp hunting. Did we teleport out or something?

She seems to be just chatting and enjoying your presence. Seems she's trying to give you a chance to be around her without Ruby Eyes getting in the way...

Well, I'm perfectly fine with that too. She's pleasant company to tour the gardens with. Though I will probably ask her if she's been to the human world and if so what her experiences with it are.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Do elaborate, please."

"It is a hive of scum and villainy... even by our standards."

Also, how did I not notice this when going imp hunting. Did we teleport out or something?

The main avenue is very nice... and probably kept as such with lethal force.

Well, I'm perfectly fine with that too. She's pleasant company to tour the gardens with. Though I will probably ask her if she's been to the human world and if so what her experiences with it are.

Yes. She has. Though most of her time was spent setting things on fire so she really didn't have time to enjoy it.

A shame. She destroyed many beautiful things, but the crafts of mortals tend to decay quickly so maybe that increases the value of the experience of having seen them. She saw things that will never been seen again? *Sigh* Such is life.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"It is a hive of scum and villainy... even by our standards."

"... did one of the previous Emperors decide to keep it as such to have a readily available source of stress relief? That's the only possibility that comes to mind, really, because I find myself more than a bit offended by the thought of having a place like _that_ as the representative city of the Realm ..." I say, frowning.

Actually, I'll head for the library and ask the Lamia just that. She should be able to dig up reliable accounts on the city's history, right?

... hmm ... I sort of feel like I've got my first project right here.

Yes. She has. Though most of her time was spent setting things on fire so she really didn't have time to enjoy it.

A shame. She destroyed many beautiful things, but the crafts of mortals tend to decay quickly so maybe that increases the value of the experience of having seen them. She saw things that will never been seen again? *Sigh* Such is life.

"I'd normally claim to be upset about such a cavalier attitude towards destruction of things my former people had built ... but they're not really my people and never were," I reply. "Not unless they've devised easily affordable means of information exchange and dissemination and made them widely available? Still, a bit of context please? You don't really strike me as someone who would do such things for no reason at all."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum