Character Concepts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Concepts

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:04 am

Interested in the game? Want to create a character? Post your idea here and we can work it out. I might not always approve them as you first post them, but normally we can make them work.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Concepts

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:02 am

Considering how I always do the big burly bruisers normally...I think I'll go for something else. This time speed, and cunning.

So...Slight, fast with his hands and fast with his feet.

River Boat Gambler...quick hands, quick smile, and VERY VERY quick on the draw and the knife when things get bad though he prefers everyone's too happy to immediately murder, too much blood, you know how hard it was to find an authentic(ish) Riverboat gambler suit in this day and age?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:08 am

Hm. Interesting. Sounds like he'd probably a Skulk. Probably taking his extra skill points in persuade and gamble, as he probably does a lot of slight of hand (though woe be unto him if he'd caught cheating)

Sounds like A bartertowner to me, but that's just a suggestion.

Good character! Smile

Concept approved. Come up with a name and start a character thread.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:Hm. Interesting. Sounds like he'd probably a Skulk. Probably taking his extra skill points in persuade and gamble, as he probably does a lot of slight of hand (though woe be unto him if he'd caught cheating)

So NOT a front line fighter eh?

Sounds like A bartertowner to me, but that's just a suggestion.

Bartertowner makes sense, where else would he get enough practice for this sort of thing?

Good character! Smile

Thanks

Concept approved. Come up with a name and start a character thread.

William Dukes.

alright then.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:28 am

Brian Boru wrote:So NOT a front line fighter eh?

Probably pretty high nimbleness due to the necessities of his whole gambling thing... though you could argue its a Appeal/Slight roll.

But I doubt he'd have a high athletics or shoot.

Bartertowner makes sense, where else would he get enough practice for this sort of thing?

Nomad... basically a Gyspy... though the skills wouldn't be as optimized.

William Dukes.

Willy Dukes it is.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:30 am

Father Job Soloman
With a stock of startling white hair, this grizzled hawk-like preacher-man wonders the wastes, tending to the faithful and always on the lookout for those in need. Whether or not the needful in question are need lead or God's tender loving word is a matter of what time it is.

"Professor" Signs Jackson
A traveling teacher and freelance transporter, this tired young man follows his heart, striving to return some form of civilization and knowledge to the wastes...and it is probably going to be the death of him.

Leigh Wilkerson
The ice cold cool of a bygone age, trying to keep the spirit of (insert decade appropriate cool thing here) alive as he plies his trade of salvage and tech repair. Always keeping it cool.

Passerby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:35 am

I like the first and the third the most. We'd need to flesh them out a bit more... for example for the father, you want him to be a Sentinel, bounty-hunter, or a combat oriented Loremaster? Also, I'd suggest another name Job Soloman is maybe a bit too stereotypical to be a natural name... and not gloriously cheesy enough to be a chosen title.

Though you have given me an idea. Call him a Shepard: He protects the lord's flock.

The third... interesting idea. Needs some meat though. Right now its a one liner.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:08 am

Shepard feels a bit too Firefly for me. Though, okay. Hmm...Father Graves, he conducts wonderful funeral services? Probably a combat oriented Loremaster, assuming you want to go for the atop a pale steed chilche. Though could be anything, could be Sentinel, Bounty-Hunter, Road Warrior, Hauler. Depends on what flavor you want...He keeps two Bibles. One is a bible, the other is a hollowed out ruined dictionary with plain covers that holds a gun in there.

Father [Name to be Decided]?

Well, as for Leigh Wilkerson. It depends on what is cool. I sort of see him as a Fonzie type. Greaser haircut, leather biker jacket, jeans. Laidback and cool. Can fix most electronics with a fist bump. The ladies love him. If this is more fifties...probably a Elvis type. Sixties and Seventies, more Rock and Roll. Depends really on what flavor you are going for.

Passerby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:48 am

http://images.popmatters.com/blog_art/r/rev_ray.jpg

A possible picture?

Passerby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggt102 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Jericho Crane:
Jericho Crane is a bartertowner/sentinel. He travels the wastes righting wrongs and combating injustice. I kind of see him as your standard Hollywood action hero. That's the reason for the cheesy name. Think 80's action hero.

Please refrain from using unreadable text colors. - 'Sama

ggt102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:33 pm

ggt102 wrote:Jericho Crane:
Jericho Crane is a bartertowner/sentinel. He travels the wastes righting wrongs and combating injustice. I kind of see him as your standard Hollywood action hero. That's the reason for the cheesy name. Think 80's action hero.

Travels the waste is more of a Bountyhunter thing. Sentinels tend to be of the local law enforcement/military/armed protector dudes...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top