Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you...

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you... - Page 2 Empty Re: Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you...

Post by Psyckosama Wed May 21, 2014 7:43 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 8

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you... - Page 2 Empty Re: Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you...

Post by Psyckosama Wed May 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Rieverre wrote:"I think we've forgotten one hell of a party," I say, blinking to check if I'm hallucinating this or just seeing things wrong. "D'you remember _any_ of this?"

I show the Boss the clips.

"No. Pity. Looks fun..."

"More importantly, did we win?"

I turn the suite's TV on and do some newsfeed research as well as checking the net, only realizing what I'd said moments after I'd started. Oh god, this place's crazy is contagious. Worse, I think I like it ...

Well... it seems that the two of you wiped out the president and his cabinet, and then declared yourselves the King and Queen... then when it came out that you were not actually married, you told everyone to hold on a moment, then stole a military jet...

the change in government has already been recognized by the US government and it seems that the rebels have moved in to basically moved in to pick up the pieces and basically establish themselves as the legitimate government. They're not trying to push you out, but at the same time it looks like they're trying to minimize your authority.

"You know, half of me wants to go there and let them know who is the boss. The other half is wondering, what the fuck would I do with an island country anyways?"

Oh. _Now_ I remember why that name sounded familiar. But I have to wonder if he's still CIA over here or, with that kind of ridiculous gear and so purely over the top, if he's been nabbed by SHIELD.

I get the feeling I might have found out over those few days.

... I scroll through my contact list to check if Rico Rodriguez is on there anywhere.

"Richie" is... and its a newer contact.

I give her the cliff notes of what I can recall about Morningstar and the other two groups making up the Syndicate over breakfast.

Quite a bit actually... why, they even have a hotel in town...

Be as polite as a guy wearing only pants and a naked woman not giving a single fuck about the fact can be ... and approve of my local incarnation's taste, because damn, that is one sexy maid outfit. The little clip-on horns might be a bit much, but yeah, no, sorry, what was I saying ... oh yes, food.

She seems rather unaffected. And she has little wings and a spade tail on her costume too.

The food is outstanding.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed May 21, 2014 8:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Well... it seems that the two of you wiped out the president and his cabinet, and then declared yourselves the King and Queen... then when it came out that you were not actually married, you told everyone to hold on a moment, then stole a military jet...

the change in government has already been recognized by the US government and it seems that the rebels have moved in to basically moved in to pick up the pieces and basically establish themselves as the legitimate government. They're not trying to push you out, but at the same time it looks like they're trying to minimize your authority.

"You know, half of me wants to go there and let them know who is the boss. The other half is wondering, what the fuck would I do with an island country anyways?"

"I get that way sometimes, then I remember I can hire professionals to handle the logistics of it. The spirit of capitalism would never forgive us if we didn't milk this for all it's worth ... and let's be honest, between you, me and our respective support structures we're probably in a better position to see to things running than whatever 'liberation army' there is claiming to be the peoples' champions. But in the short term? Use your new diplomatic clout and 3rd World Country military arsenal to come down on the Waffle like a ton of bricks?"

Pause.

"Thought that would likely require us to not get that annulment for at least a little while."

"Richie" is... and its a newer contact.

I hit the call button.

Quite a bit actually... why, they even have a hotel in town...

... yeah, I can faintly recall the Boss having that look in her eye a few times before, though the details are hazy. Usually, bloodshed followed, though at least once there was quite a bit of moving about, panting, sweating ...

... oh ... ahem ...

Yes. Wow. Those memories are now firmly seared into my mind's eye. Because damn. Just damn.

Anyway, does she say anything on finding out about the hotel?

She seems rather unaffected. And she has little wings and a spade tail on her costume too.

You know, it occurs to me that there might be _actual_ supernaturals masquerading as humans and being part of the staff in the 9th Layer.

The food is outstanding.

As it ought to be.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed May 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Rieverre wrote:"I get that way sometimes, then I remember I can hire professionals to handle the logistics of it. The spirit of capitalism would never forgive us if we didn't milk this for all it's worth ... and let's be honest, between you, me and our respective support structures we're probably in a better position to see to things running than whatever 'liberation army' there is claiming to be the peoples' champions. But in the short term? Use your new diplomatic clout and 3rd World Country military arsenal to come down on the Waffle like a ton of bricks?"

Pause.

"You mean the one we just blew up?"

"Thought that would likely require us to not get that annulment for at least a little while."

"That too..."

I hit the call button.

"Ello?... Victor. How are you, my firend?"

... yeah, I can faintly recall the Boss having that look in her eye a few times before, though the details are hazy. Usually, bloodshed followed, though at least once there was quite a bit of moving about, panting, sweating ...

... oh ... ahem ...

Yes. Wow. Those memories are now firmly seared into my mind's eye. Because damn. Just damn.

Anyway, does she say anything on finding out about the hotel?

Not really. She's hung over and tired.

You know, it occurs to me that there might be _actual_ supernaturals masquerading as humans and being part of the staff in the 9th Layer.

Wanna give it a tug and find out Wink

As it ought to be.

After eating...

"So what the fuck now?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed May 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"You mean the one we just blew up?"

"Likely just a portion thereof. And there are bound to be caches as well. Probably nothing really exotic, but an RPG is an RPG."

"Ello?... Victor. How are you, my firend?"

"Dealing with the hangover and attempting to piece together the past few days. Did I imagine helping topple a regime over the past few days and is the news trying to punk me?"

Wanna give it a tug and find out Wink

I shouldn't. I really shouldn't.

Oh, what the hell, this is not nearly the worst thing I've done in the past 72 hours.

After eating...

"So what the fuck now?"

"Now?" I take a considering sip of tea. "Well, we've apparently toppled a government together which is the kind of thing that either makes people go the distance or turn on one-another out of sheer blind ambition. Since I have no interest in doing the latter, tell me about this war of yours."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed May 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Likely just a portion thereof. And there are bound to be caches as well. Probably nothing really exotic, but an RPG is an RPG."

"Then you are not interested in the nuclear weapons?"

"Dealing with the hangover and attempting to piece together the past few days. Did I imagine helping topple a regime over the past few days and is the news trying to punk me?"

"Even as drunk as you were, I'd think I'd remember being the figurehead of an impromptu revolution. Though the Agency does owe you for this one, as I said. You and your wife put our timetable ahead by several months."

I shouldn't. I really shouldn't.

Oh, what the hell, this is not nearly the worst thing I've done in the past 72 hours.

She yelps and glares at you...

It wasn't real but it was part of her dress.

I hope you're tipping.

"Now?" I take a considering sip of tea. "Well, we've apparently toppled a government together which is the kind of thing that either makes people go the distance or turn on one-another out of sheer blind ambition. Since I have no interest in doing the latter, tell me about this war of yours."

"We knocked over a fucking bank and this asshole took it personally. He loaded us onto a goddamned plane and stole our fucking money with a computer. Then he tried to force us to work for him. We said no, we made that no very clear. Johnny... didn't make it. Now we're going to avenge him and take that motherfucker down."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed May 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Then you are not interested in the nuclear weapons?"

"I wasn't even considering them in this context, to be honest. Personally I think of nukes as the gonzo bukkake of warfare. Once you go there the rest of the script becomes easy to anticipate and the only reason to continue watching is morbid curiosity."

"Even as drunk as you were, I'd think I'd remember being the figurehead of an impromptu revolution. Though the Agency does owe you for this one, as I said. You and your wife put our timetable ahead by several months."

"Well, there's one small matter where we might be able to help one-another," I say after some consideration. "If I said Oleg Kirrlov to you, would that mean anything?"

She yelps and glares at you...

It wasn't real but it was part of her dress.

I hope you're tipping.

There's probably a discretionary fund solely in place to deal with me doing this kind of thing. And if there isn't then I'll make one.

"We knocked over a fucking bank and this asshole took it personally. He loaded us onto a goddamned plane and stole our fucking money with a computer. Then he tried to force us to work for him. We said no, we made that no very clear. Johnny... didn't make it. Now we're going to avenge him and take that motherfucker down."

"Do you just want him dead, or do you want to make him hurt for it?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Wed May 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Rieverre wrote:"I wasn't even considering them in this context, to be honest. Personally I think of nukes as the gonzo bukkake of warfare. Once you go there the rest of the script becomes easy to anticipate and the only reason to continue watching is morbid curiosity."

He had four of them. And uranium enrichment.

"Well, just saying... this was some heavy shit."

"Well, there's one small matter where we might be able to help one-another," I say after some consideration. "If I said Oleg Kirrlov to you, would that mean anything?"

"Big russian, cold war relic. What of him?"

There's probably a discretionary fund solely in place to deal with me doing this kind of thing. And if there isn't then I'll make one.

heh.

"Do you just want him dead, or do you want to make him hurt for it?"

"Making him suffer would be nice, but all I really want is dead. The rest of gravy."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Wed May 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Psyckosama wrote:He had four of them. And uranium enrichment.

"Well, just saying... this was some heavy shit."

"Better to have them and not need them than the other way around," I offer.

"Big russian, cold war relic. What of him?"

"Apparently a group my wife's in a bit of a tiff with got their hands on him. Judging by the reports of unusually large enforcers they're using, they might be messing with cloning or augmentation, with their activities being a field test. Seeing as we're going to be around that area anyway before too long, we're likely going to be in a position to find out for certain."

"Making him suffer would be nice, but all I really want is dead. The rest of gravy."

"Well, you'll likely need to start by hurting him anyway. He's had a bit of a nasty shock from what you've told me, and chances are he's gone under for the duration. Going after his business interests is sure to provoke a response and draw him out. Alternatively, you could also start with his associates. My money's on _your_ money going away being Miller's fault and if he's taken care of, his funds would be ripe for the picking."

I pause and think for a second or two.

"Also, there is the question of what you'll end up doing with his properties. I've got the legal backend to both smooth that over and make it profitable in short order, which - if he's still in hiding by then - will rile him up, possibly sufficiently to break cover."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu May 22, 2014 3:52 am

Rieverre wrote:"Better to have them and not need them than the other way around," I offer.

Actually, that's one thing Rico insisted on. Hand over The Bombs.

To be honest, even drunk the boss didn't argue that one. Though you do remember the following line...

"After what happened the last time I had a nuclear weapon, I don't even want to look at these."

"Apparently a group my wife's in a bit of a tiff with got their hands on him. Judging by the reports of unusually large enforcers they're using, they might be messing with cloning or augmentation, with their activities being a field test. Seeing as we're going to be around that area anyway before too long, we're likely going to be in a position to find out for certain."

"Morningstar," he replied with a frown. "We know. We know that they have him, but we do not have the evidence, and since its in the US, we're beholden to civilian law enforcement until we have that evidence."

You have a feeling they're less interested in "Saving" oleg and more interested in picking his brain...

"Well, you'll likely need to start by hurting him anyway. He's had a bit of a nasty shock from what you've told me, and chances are he's gone under for the duration. Going after his business interests is sure to provoke a response and draw him out. Alternatively, you could also start with his associates. My money's on _your_ money going away being Miller's fault and if he's taken care of, his funds would be ripe for the picking."

I pause and think for a second or two.

"Also, there is the question of what you'll end up doing with his properties. I've got the legal backend to both smooth that over and make it profitable in short order, which - if he's still in hiding by then - will rile him up, possibly sufficiently to break cover."

"You know... maybe waking up in bed with you wasn't that bad. We get rid of these damned rings and maybe we can work together." she pauses for a moment and takes a shot of vodka. "We had a wild ass weekend that I don't fucking remember, and you're not bad looking so what the fuck. Come on, show me what you've got."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu May 22, 2014 4:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:Actually, that's one thing Rico insisted on. Hand over The Bombs.

Aww. Well, nevermind. I'm sure at some point we'll get our hands on something suitably dangerous and able to act as deterrent.

To be honest, even drunk the boss didn't argue that one. Though you do remember the following line...

"After what happened the last time I had a nuclear weapon, I don't even want to look at these."

Well, now not knowing is going to haunt me forever.

"Morningstar," he replied with a frown. "We know. We know that they have him, but we do not have the evidence, and since its in the US, we're beholden to civilian law enforcement until we have that evidence."

"Chances are we'll be in a position to get said evidence in the near future. If and when that happens we'll probably have something to talk about. For now, just consider this a heads up."

You have a feeling they're less interested in "Saving" oleg and more interested in picking his brain...

That's a given what with his past and probable history as a testbed for that week's attempt at getting practical supersoldiers.

"You know... maybe waking up in bed with you wasn't that bad. We get rid of these damned rings and maybe we can work together." she pauses for a moment and takes a shot of vodka.

"It's a thought, though I've always wanted to see what being royalty was like," I rub my chin. "Well, maybe we'll just reap the spoils, let the rebels do the grunt work, and come down on them like it's the biblical apocalypse if and when they start doing it wrong."

"We had a wild ass weekend that I don't fucking remember, and you're not bad looking so what the fuck. Come on, show me what you've got."

... well, that was clear and obvious statement of intent if I've ever heard one and it would have resulted in an instant boner if that wasn't already in evidence for naked-Boss-related-reasons.

That being said, I go about with about the same determination and thoroughness a death-row convict has about their last meal. She's just the complete and total package and I fully intend to make this as long and comprehensive memory as I can burn solidly into my brain. Bed, shower, random flat surfaces until I'm running on fumes and raw willpower.

And hey, added benefit of putting the body through its paces and stress testing it. Not that I need any added benefits.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu May 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Rieverre wrote:Aww. Well, nevermind. I'm sure at some point we'll get our hands on something suitably dangerous and able to act as deterrent.

You mean, like your wife? :p

Well, now not knowing is going to haunt me forever.

That's a given what with his past and probable history as a testbed for that week's attempt at getting practical supersoldiers.

"No, you'll find proof. There's proof and then there's evidence. And considering your wife is a border line super villain, not the best source. Knife cuts at both ends."

"It's a thought, though I've always wanted to see what being royalty was like," I rub my chin. "Well, maybe we'll just reap the spoils, let the rebels do the grunt work, and come down on them like it's the biblical apocalypse if and when they start doing it wrong."

"It is a thought."

... well, that was clear and obvious statement of intent if I've ever heard one and it would have resulted in an instant boner if that wasn't already in evidence for naked-Boss-related-reasons.

That being said, I go about with about the same determination and thoroughness a death-row convict has about their last meal. She's just the complete and total package and I fully intend to make this as long and comprehensive memory as I can burn solidly into my brain. Bed, shower, random flat surfaces until I'm running on fumes and raw willpower.

And hey, added benefit of putting the body through its paces and stress testing it. Not that I need any added benefits.

15 hours later...

"You know, you're not bad in bed..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu May 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You mean, like your wife? :p

True, but I'd rather not think that way about her. Call me a soft touch.

"No, you'll find proof. There's proof and then there's evidence. And considering your wife is a border line super villain, not the best source. Knife cuts at both ends."

"Sir, how dare you allege that my lady love is anything but a paragon of virtue and a font of honesty!" I dramatize for a little bit before acknowledging that yes, he might have a point there. Still, even if official intervention is out of the question, I say I'll let him know if we scare up anything interesting.

15 hours later...

"You know, you're not bad in bed..."

"What can I say, you're an inspiration."

I catch my breath, look out the window ...

"Oh, look, it's tomorrow ... afternoon ..."

I don't envy whoever gets called to clean things up here. The suite likely looks like a tornado had rolled through.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu May 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Rieverre wrote:True, but I'd rather not think that way about her. Call me a soft touch.

You know, she might be offended if you didn't. She worked hard to get her reputation as the most dangerous thing ever to walk on two legs. Wink

"Sir, how dare you allege that my lady love is anything but a paragon of virtue and a font of honesty!" I dramatize for a little bit before acknowledging that yes, he might have a point there. Still, even if official intervention is out of the question, I say I'll let him know if we scare up anything interesting.

Alright. He can't help directly but, well, call back later.

"What can I say, you're an inspiration."

"I try, I try..."

I catch my breath, look out the window ...

"Oh, look, it's tomorrow ... afternoon ..."

"Mmmm... not bad. You actually can keep up."

I don't envy whoever gets called to clean things up here. The suite likely looks like a tornado had rolled through.

It's no worse than it already was...

And... the door explodes in and Shaundi and Pierce storm in with automatic weapons.

Shaundi is frist in "Alright Boss, were here for... the fuck?!"

Shaundi turns red with what seems to be fury. "Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me! You vanish for four fucking days and we find you half a counrty away on your fucking back."

Pierce snorts "Yeah, Shaundi, you'd almost think she was you."

Shaundi rounds on him. "Fuck you, Pierce."

"So what the fuck is going on here Boss."

The boss sighs and leans back. "Okay. How to do I put this..."

Your chance to interject a bit.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu May 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You know, she might be offended if you didn't. She worked hard to get her reputation as the most dangerous thing ever to walk on two legs. Wink

We all have our idiosyncrasies. For some reason, likely involving drunk bonding over taking over a third world nation and naked happy fun times, I'm more inclined to think of her as a person first.

"Mmmm... not bad. You actually can keep up."

"That actually does do wonders for my ego ..." not that that needed any help at this time.

"I can't help but think we're forgetting something though."

It's no worse than it already was...

And... the door explodes in and Shaundi and Pierce storm in with automatic weapons.

Shaundi is frist in "Alright Boss, were here for... the fuck?!"

Shaundi turns red with what seems to be fury. "Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me! You vanish for four fucking days and we find you half a counrty away on your fucking back."

Pierce snorts "Yeah, Shaundi, you'd almost think she was you."

Shaundi rounds on him. "Fuck you, Pierce."

"So what the fuck is going on here Boss."

The boss sighs and leans back. "Okay. How to do I put this..."

Your chance to interject a bit.

You know that bit where a picture is worth a thousand words? I point the still looping, if muted, youtube footage of the Boss and I declaring ourselves royalty that's up on the flatscreen.

"And then the locals were upset because they thought their King and Queen ought to be married so ..." I raise my hand, ring and all.

"It made perfect sense at the time. Using drunk logic. And please, tell me you didn't kill anyone on the way up here? That would be really awkward seeing as I own the place."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu May 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Rieverre wrote:We all have our idiosyncrasies. For some reason, likely involving drunk bonding over taking over a third world nation and naked happy fun times, I'm more inclined to think of her as a person first.

True, true...

"That actually does do wonders for my ego ..." not that that needed any help at this time.

"I can't help but think we're forgetting something though."

"Can't imagine what...

Then the door explodes.

You know that bit where a picture is worth a thousand words? I point the still looping, if muted, youtube footage of the Boss and I declaring ourselves royalty that's up on the flatscreen.

Pierce blinks. "Wait, you got drunk and invaded a fucking Banana Republic?"

"No, I did not invade a Banana Republic," she replies calmly, "I conquered one."

"And then the locals were upset because they thought their King and Queen ought to be married so ..." I raise my hand, ring and all.

Shaundi shudders slightly. "Now that brings back memories."

"Wait, you got drunk an married?"

"No, drugged up... and thankfully the groom passed out before the I Dos."

She shudders again.

The boss shrugs. "At least it wasn't Veteran Child."

Awkward silence.

"Don't say a fucking word. Either of you."

"It made perfect sense at the time. Using drunk logic. And please, tell me you didn't kill anyone on the way up here? That would be really awkward seeing as I own the place."

"They let us up without a shot. You might want to look into your security. That's kind of pathetic."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Thu May 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Can't imagine what...

Then the door explodes.

"Oh, that was it. I remember now." I deadpan into the pillow.

Pierce blinks. "Wait, you got drunk and invaded a fucking Banana Republic?"

"No, I did not invade a Banana Republic," she replies calmly, "I conquered one."

I snap my fingers. "Ah, now I remember. The Waffle used to run guns and loan out advisers to the government and we were on that stage of drunkenness that had us craving coconut."

Shaundi shudders slightly. "Now that brings back memories."

"Wait, you got drunk an married?"

"No, drugged up... and thankfully the groom passed out before the I Dos."

She shudders again.

The boss shrugs. "At least it wasn't Veteran Child."

Awkward silence.

"Don't say a fucking word. Either of you."

Okay, now that's just sad.

"They let us up without a shot. You might want to look into your security. That's kind of pathetic."

"No, I'm pretty sure they're owed a raise. They know who's up here and while you two aren't exactly household names ..."

I shrug.

Then sniff.

"And on a purely unrelated note, I think we need a shower. I just realized we smell like a cathouse at high noon with the AC off. Then we can iron this out."

To Boss: "Wash your back?"

It would save time. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Anyway, after getting cleaned up and somewhat clothed, we can talk shop. Specifically Morningstar. Honestly, it's been 15 hours or more already so I should have that report on the Syndicate compiled and ready in my inbox. If so, I pass that around.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Thu May 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Oh, that was it. I remember now." I deadpan into the pillow.

"Oh yeah. I did kind of cut Pierce off..."

I snap my fingers. "Ah, now I remember. The Waffle used to run guns and loan out advisers to the government and we were on that stage of drunkenness that had us craving coconut."

"And I insisted we Halo jump onto the roof of the presidential palace because airports are for fucking pussies."

Okay, now that's just sad.

"Shut the fuck up, I don't need your pity!"

Oh, seems your at that stage where you're clearing up but still have no inner monologue worth a damn.

"No, I'm pretty sure they're owed a raise. They know who's up here and while you two aren't exactly household names ..."

"We aren't? Fuck, Shaundi, I need to up our advertisement budget."

I shrug.

Then sniff.

"And on a purely unrelated note, I think we need a shower. I just realized we smell like a cathouse at high noon with the AC off. Then we can iron this out."

Shaundi blinks but says nothing.

"Hey Staundi, I thought this place smelled like your old apartment..."

"Fuck you, pierce."

To Boss: "Wash your back?"

"Sure... can Pierce join us?"

"No, I'm clean! I'm fine! Really!"

"Pity..."

It would save time. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

heh.

Anyway, after getting cleaned up and somewhat clothed, we can talk shop. Specifically Morningstar. Honestly, it's been 15 hours or more already so I should have that report on the Syndicate compiled and ready in my inbox. If so, I pass that around.

You're moved into the dining room where an impressive spread of your favorites has already been set up.

Pierce seems to be enjoying a coconut drink.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri May 23, 2014 4:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:"And I insisted we Halo jump onto the roof of the presidential palace because airports are for fucking pussies."

"You're delightfully direct, you know that?"

I don't point out that it wasn't quite HALO since neither of us came down with horrible frostbite. Or at least I didn't. She probably wouldn't.

"Shut the fuck up, I don't need your pity!"

Oh, seems your at that stage where you're clearing up but still have no inner monologue worth a damn.

"No, no," I decide, then, fuck inner monologue. "That was my 'trying not to laugh' voice."

"We aren't? Fuck, Shaundi, I need to up our advertisement budget."

"By the way, while we're not that, the movie? Delightfully campy from what the trailer looks at. But it's mostly going to appeal to the retro crowd. Have you considered something with giant robots?"

"Sure... can Pierce join us?"

"No, I'm clean! I'm fine! Really!"

"Pity..."

I think she scares him.

Guess not everybody's got a suicidal taste in women.

Well, seeing as there are visitors I try to behave myself. Try.

Okay, it's kind of like putting an ice-cold water bottle in front of a man tromping through the desert. You know gulping all that down is going to end badly for you but you just can't stop yourself from doing it anyway.

You're moved into the dining room where an impressive spread of your favorites has already been set up.

Pierce seems to be enjoying a coconut drink.

I grab a lime and toss it to him.

Yes, I am in a bit of a terminally good mood.

Also, food, god yes. Body needs fuel badly.

"So," I finally say as I get done demolishing a platter of pierogi and grab a bowl of chicken salad. "Between making fun of people's life choices and happy fun shower time, what were we talking about again? I seem to remember something about either robbing the Waffle blind or killing him in a casual yet humiliating manner. Possibly both?"

And since I'm pretty sure the past few days have put me squarely on Loren's target list anyway, yeah, might as well get to making that problem go away.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri May 23, 2014 4:47 am

Rieverre wrote:"You're delightfully direct, you know that?"

"So I have been told.

I don't point out that it wasn't quite HALO since neither of us came down with horrible frostbite. Or at least I didn't. She probably wouldn't.

You remember her mentioning something about not being bothered by the cold...

And having to sleep in the snow.

"No, no," I decide, then, fuck inner monologue. "That was my 'trying not to laugh' voice."

"Fuck you, asshole."

"By the way, while we're not that, the movie? Delightfully campy from what the trailer looks at. But it's mostly going to appeal to the retro crowd. Have you considered something with giant robots?"

"Yeah, I did. Budget simply wasn't there."

I think she scares him.

Guess not everybody's got a suicidal taste in women.

Well, seeing as there are visitors I try to behave myself. Try.

Okay, it's kind of like putting an ice-cold water bottle in front of a man tromping through the desert. You know gulping all that down is going to end badly for you but you just can't stop yourself from doing it anyway.

Heh

I grab a lime and toss it to him.

Yes, I am in a bit of a terminally good mood.

"Thanks man, but I'm fine."

Also, food, god yes. Body needs fuel badly.

"So," I finally say as I get done demolishing a platter of pierogi and grab a bowl of chicken salad. "Between making fun of people's life choices and happy fun shower time, what were we talking about again? I seem to remember something about either robbing the Waffle blind or killing him in a casual yet humiliating manner. Possibly both?"

"Both," she says through a mouthful of steak. "After this I'm going right back to steelport and am murdering that motherfucker."

Shaundi snorts. "Finally..."

And since I'm pretty sure the past few days have put me squarely on Loren's target list anyway, yeah, might as well get to making that problem go away.

Yep. Probably for the best.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri May 23, 2014 5:15 am

Psyckosama wrote:You remember her mentioning something about not being bothered by the cold...

And having to sleep in the snow.

Yeah, I figure she has a lot of PTSD-inducing memories. You don't arrive at someone like the Boss without having a really storied past.

"Fuck you, asshole."

Deadpan look. "No thanks, I'm good on that account."

Duck and cover!

"Yeah, I did. Budget simply wasn't there."

"Well, if that's the problem, we can have my guys call your guys and arrange something, or at least look at the numbers. We'll probably going to need to anyway. I mean, don't get me wrong, go rebels and freedom from oppression and all that, but for all their lofty goals I'm pretty sure they're not so hot about actually running San Esperito. We have a moral obligation to help."

I try to say that last part with a straight face. I really do.

"Thanks man, but I'm fine."

I hum 'You put the lime in the coconut' while filling my plate.

"Both," she says through a mouthful of steak. "After this I'm going right back to steelport and am murdering that motherfucker."

Shaundi snorts. "Finally..."

"I, of course, support my darling wife in all her endeavors," I say piously, and probably not fooling anyone. "Because it's not like the past several days haven't already put myself and my interests on the Waffle's list of targets. And if you want to get to him, well, there are a lot of assets in the way. I imagine having a legal team in place to snap those up and gleefully make use of things like dropping property values would be only good sense."

So I'm thinking, while they head back to Steelport and get started on that, I'll get started on my end - meaning head home, arrange things, oh, and check out my 'lair' because given the setting that could be anything from a tackily decorated love-nest to an imitation Batcave, Shatterdome or outright military base.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri May 23, 2014 6:26 am

Rieverre wrote:Yeah, I figure she has a lot of PTSD-inducing memories. You don't arrive at someone like the Boss without having a really storied past.

She has memories so fucked up hearing about 'em will give YOU PTSD....

Deadpan look. "No thanks, I'm good on that account."

Duck and cover!

Sneer!

"Well, if that's the problem, we can have my guys call your guys and arrange something, or at least look at the numbers. We'll probably going to need to anyway. I mean, don't get me wrong, go rebels and freedom from oppression and all that, but for all their lofty goals I'm pretty sure they're not so hot about actually running San Esperito. We have a moral obligation to help."

I try to say that last part with a straight face. I really do.

"That and it is our sacred duty to take over any and all criminal activity on the island..."

I hum 'You put the lime in the coconut' while filling my plate.

"Nah. Not my flavor."

"I, of course, support my darling wife in all her endeavors," I say piously, and probably not fooling anyone. "Because it's not like the past several days haven't already put myself and my interests on the Waffle's list of targets. And if you want to get to him, well, there are a lot of assets in the way. I imagine having a legal team in place to snap those up and gleefully make use of things like dropping property values would be only good sense."

Pierce nods. "Alright. Have your people call me, alright?"

So I'm thinking, while they head back to Steelport and get started on that, I'll get started on my end - meaning head home, arrange things, oh, and check out my 'lair' because given the setting that could be anything from a tackily decorated love-nest to an imitation Batcave, Shatterdome or outright military base.

d10

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri May 23, 2014 6:44 am

Psyckosama wrote:She has memories so fucked up hearing about 'em will give YOU PTSD....

She did seem to take a very spirited approach to pest control when we rolled through one of the San Esperito president's properties and it turned out to be a human trafficking ring.

"That and it is our sacred duty to take over any and all criminal activity on the island..."

"I think that falls under moral obligation, really. After all, they could be doing it wrong."

That and it might be a decent idea to go the Vice City route with it. Regulate and tax stuff rather than making it illegal. Other than that, I foresee the early income to go nearly wholly towards public works. You want strong foundations to build on, after all.

Pierce nods. "Alright. Have your people call me, alright?"

Pretty much inevitable when things get going.

d10

rolling
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri May 23, 2014 6:44 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 10

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Rieverre wrote:She did seem to take a very spirited approach to pest control when we rolled through one of the San Esperito president's properties and it turned out to be a human trafficking ring.

Yep. Extremely.

"I think that falls under moral obligation, really. After all, they could be doing it wrong."

Pierce laughs. "I'll have to look into it, see what we're dealing with..."

That and it might be a decent idea to go the Vice City route with it. Regulate and tax stuff rather than making it illegal. Other than that, I foresee the early income to go nearly wholly towards public works. You want strong foundations to build on, after all.

"Guess so."

Pretty much inevitable when things get going.

And its handled behind the scenes...

rolling

Your lair is a decomissioned United States military nuclear missile bunker located in the mountains. You bought it on a lark at extreme discount.... then had it done up to look like something out of an old bond movie... or an old 1960s porno... or half of one, two thirds of the other... :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri May 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Psyckosama wrote:And its handled behind the scenes...

Natch. That's why you get minions ... er, employees.

Your lair is a decomissioned United States military nuclear missile bunker located in the mountains. You bought it on a lark at extreme discount.... then had it done up to look like something out of an old bond movie... or an old 1960s porno... or half of one, two thirds of the other...  :p

Wait, you mean there's a difference?

Where do I hang my hat anyway? I assume the Vice City property isn't the base of operations for the entire company, nor is it my permanent residence.

Come to think of it, what was the business deal I was in Steelport for? If it's not gone through yet, that's another perfectly valid excuse to visit.

Anyway, I assume the place is still functional in its capacity as missile bunker, modifications aside? I check my messages on whatever computer system is in place - the private landline is going to be far more secure than using my phone would have been - and go to check on the missile silos. At this point I'm fairly certain they've been converted to hydroponics, an area to practice climbing, or something similar, but best be thorough.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri May 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Rieverre wrote:Natch. That's why you get minions ... er, employees.

Yep.

Wait, you mean there's a difference?

Technically.

Where do I hang my hat anyway? I assume the Vice City property isn't the base of operations for the entire company, nor is it my permanent residence.

Just a penthouse.

Your family residence is an old mansion in eastern PA, located in the Pocono Mountains between Philadelphia and Keystone City.

Your Great Grandfather liked to Ski

Come to think of it, what was the business deal I was in Steelport for? If it's not gone through yet, that's another perfectly valid excuse to visit.

neighborhood redevelopment.

Anyway, I assume the place is still functional in its capacity as missile bunker, modifications aside? I check my messages on whatever computer system is in place - the private landline is going to be far more secure than using my phone would have been - and go to check on the missile silos. At this point I'm fairly certain they've been converted to hydroponics, an area to practice climbing, or something similar, but best be thorough.

Yep. There are no silos. It's a survival bunker burred into a mountain, not a launch site

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri May 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Just a penthouse.

Your family residence is an old mansion in eastern PA, located in the Pocono Mountains between Philadelphia and Keystone City.

Your Great Grandfather liked to Ski

Good taste, that. I tend to prefer winters to summers myself, so I'll probably be spending time there as is practical.

neighborhood redevelopment.

Okay ... so that's entertainment, service industry, construction, real-estate ... and I'm probably missing quite a number of other things in my family's business portfolio. Impressive and more than a little daunting.

I check if the deal's gone through.

Yep. There are no silos. It's a survival bunker burred into a mountain, not a launch site

That works too, though I'm disappointed at the lack of giant robots or scantily clad maids.

Is my long-suffering butler who is Not!Alfred here or did the call I made earlier get rerouted back home?

Anyway, I get ready for the trip to Steelport, even if I don't intend to do more than work support. Let's see, personal defense weapon, body armor, security team which I'm hoping is made up of attractive women but is more likely gruff ex-military dudes ... have I missed anything critical? Legal team and such is still in place for the realestate deal so I can work with that, and I can either just use whatever hotel they're working out of or some other property I own there to set up shop. Moot point if the hotel is the property I own. If there is none, I check if there's a place I can buy outright while still being somewhat discrete about it.

Anyway ... airplane, hoooo ...
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri May 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Rieverre wrote:Good taste, that. I tend to prefer winters to summers myself, so I'll probably be spending time there as is practical.

The Poconos aren't in the extreme elevations. They tend to be rather pleasant during the summers.

Okay ... so that's entertainment, service industry, construction, real-estate ... and I'm probably missing quite a number of other things in my family's business portfolio. Impressive and more than a little daunting.

Donald Trump if he wasn't a raging cunt.

I check if the deal's gone through.

And it has... you were celebrating the deal when this russian hottie walked in and you just had to try and get a piece of that...

That works too, though I'm disappointed at the lack of giant robots or scantily clad maids.

The boss will be too...

Is my long-suffering butler who is Not!Alfred here or did the call I made earlier get rerouted back home?

He'd your PA. He's mobile.

Anyway, I get ready for the trip to Steelport, even if I don't intend to do more than work support. Let's see, personal defense weapon, body armor, security team which I'm hoping is made up of attractive women but is more likely gruff ex-military dudes ... have I missed anything critical? Legal team and such is still in place for the realestate deal so I can work with that, and I can either just use whatever hotel they're working out of or some other property I own there to set up shop. Moot point if the hotel is the property I own. If there is none, I check if there's a place I can buy outright while still being somewhat discrete about it.

Anyway ... airplane, hoooo ...

You own a hotel in the airport complex.

Your legal team is almost always on hand.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri May 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Psyckosama wrote:The Poconos aren't in the extreme elevations. They tend to be rather pleasant during the summers.

Still sounds nice. Always did like the mountains.

And it has... you were celebrating the deal when this russian hottie walked in and you just had to try and get a piece of that...

... I jot down an apology note to the security team I had back in Steelport as well as including a hefty bonus. That must have given them a few near coronaries.

Oh, and I let them know I'll be in town again soon and things might well continue in that vein, perhaps sans the excessive amounts of alcohol.

The boss will be too...

I can do something about one of those things easily enough, but let's put it off for when she's actually visiting.

He'd your PA. He's mobile.

Oh. Convenient. I call him up and inform him about my upcoming travel plans. Oh, and let him know to get in touch with whatever construction firm we had to the renovations here in order to have a VTOL hangar put into the mountain and joined to the bunker. Hell, if it's not there already, have them put in a pool too.

It's DC/Marvel ... it shouldn't raise more than a few eyebrows and it gets me further along the way towards having my own XCOM ant farm.

You own a hotel in the airport complex.

I can make that work. Let's start there. If something else becomes available in due course I can always relocate, and it's close to fast transportation.

Your legal team is almost always on hand.

Excellent. I tell them to start looking at property prospects for a corporate office and get an idea for local prices and conditions in general. And to dig in for a somewhat prolonged stay because if this latest project pans out, we could potentially arrange it so our expected revenue flow multiplies like happy bunnies in season.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum