Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you...

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Doing it Like A Boss: Rieverre, this one is for you...

Post by Rieverre on Wed May 28, 2014 1:08 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Some of them would bitch... but the Boss would silence it soon enough.

Be better to have them leave from an out of city airfield... not representing.

Would be even better if... hmmm... The boss will come up with a plan.

You're not sure you like that smile...

"Before you go there, how many of them have actually _had_ parachute time?"

I honestly wouldn't put it past her to have the plane buzz Syndicate Tower playing Ride of the Valkyrie and dumping out paratrooper Saints, guns blazing ... and then they go splat against the tower wall because Rule Of Cool only takes you so far ...

"So official business partnership?"

"Works for me. Or we can eventually just make an entirely new corporation to handle Steelport holdings. Considering the extent of Syndicate influence here that might actually become a necessity."

"Alright... how well do you know how to fight?"

You suddenly remember something... you've hired several female assassins over the years including, but not limited to the Huntress (Paula Nguyen) before she was crippled and Lady Fucking Shiva to teach you martial arts... mainly because... well... one of your fetishes is women who can kill you with a sideways glare...

And let me put it this way, they made you learn.

Huh.

Yeah.

I see no problem with this. If anything, I probably offered Paula a security consultant job as soon as she went even remotely legit. I might be a pervert, but I like to think I'm a chivalrous pervert.

"According to one my my teachers I'm not a complete disappointment," I shrug, thumbing through my phone for the photo archive for a picture of Lady Shiva that one time she wasn't kicking my ass across the dojo and looked fairly relaxed. I show it to the Boss.

She sighs.

"So, when are we going to do this?"

"As soon as the lawyers are ready to serve the paperwork? Strike while the iron is hot and all that."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed May 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Before you go there, how many of them have actually _had_ parachute time?"

I honestly wouldn't put it past her to have the plane buzz Syndicate Tower playing Ride of the Valkyrie and dumping out paratrooper Saints, guns blazing ... and then they go splat against the tower wall because Rule Of Cool only takes you so far ...

"What? It's like teaching a baby bird..."

"Works for me. Or we can eventually just make an entirely new corporation to handle Steelport holdings. Considering the extent of Syndicate influence here that might actually become a necessity."

"Just as long as you don't expect me to sit through board meetings. I hate those."

Huh.

Yeah.

I see no problem with this. If anything, I probably offered Paula a security consultant job as soon as she went even remotely legit. I might be a pervert, but I like to think I'm a chivalrous pervert.

Sure.

"According to one my my teachers I'm not a complete disappointment," I shrug, thumbing through my phone for the photo archive for a picture of Lady Shiva that one time she wasn't kicking my ass across the dojo and looked fairly relaxed. I show it to the Boss.

"... You're fucking kidding me, right?"

"As soon as the lawyers are ready to serve the paperwork? Strike while the iron is hot and all that."

Alright... they'll rush it through. Be ready by the night.

Frankly if you wanted to, it would be a personal investment of about two hundred grand, but you could buy out ALL of them... all you really need to do is file the changes to the deed and make the obligatory bribes. After all, possession is 9/10ths of the law and you have the deeds...

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed May 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"What? It's like teaching a baby bird..."

"I could say something here about humans not having the required genetic memory, but ... no. Just no. At least not without giving them some actual practice hours first."

"Just as long as you don't expect me to sit through board meetings. I hate those."

"The secret is sunglasses and a persona assistant who nudges you awake when something important comes up."

"... You're fucking kidding me, right?"

"Huh. You recognize her," I grin a little. "Family investments made sure I had more money than I knew what to do with. Some people in my position build skyscrapers, some buy islands and turn them into personal playrooms. I have a potentially unhealthy fixation with competent and dangerous women so I hire the who's-who of female assassins to kick my ass across the dojo and teach me how not to die. Then I write it off on my taxes under 'security'."

Alright... they'll rush it through. Be ready by the night.

Let's see ... vest. Check. Sidearm. Check. Knuckle dusters and more knives than god? Sure. Oh, yeah, and a stun-gun just because. You never know when that'll come in handy.

Frankly if you wanted to, it would be a personal investment of about two hundred grand, but you could buy out ALL of them... all you really need to do is file the changes to the deed and make the obligatory bribes. After all, possession is 9/10ths of the law and you have the deeds...

And for the Powder Room, that's how we'll approach it. Complete with complementary 40 year old single malt and invitation for the grand reopening for Burt. For the Friendly Fire franchises, it'd just be less of a hassle to buy them outright.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed May 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Rieverre wrote:"I could say something here about humans not having the required genetic memory, but ... no. Just no. At least not without giving them some actual practice hours first."

She shrugs. "Worked for me..."

"The secret is sunglasses and a persona assistant who nudges you awake when something important comes up."

She laughs. "Knowing Pierce he wouldn't let me sleep at all."

"Huh. You recognize her," I grin a little. "Family investments made sure I had more money than I knew what to do with. Some people in my position build skyscrapers, some buy islands and turn them into personal playrooms. I have a potentially unhealthy fixation with competent and dangerous women so I hire the who's-who of female assassins to kick my ass across the dojo and teach me how not to die. Then I write it off on my taxes under 'security'."

She blinks. Then she blinks again. "And you're still alive?"

Let's see ... vest. Check. Sidearm. Check. Knuckle dusters and more knives than god? Sure. Oh, yeah, and a stun-gun just because. You never know when that'll come in handy.

Ready.

And for the Powder Room, that's how we'll approach it. Complete with complementary 40 year old single malt and invitation for the grand reopening for Burt. For the Friendly Fire franchises, it'd just be less of a hassle to buy them outright.

They all belong to the Syndicate. They're not going to sell.

Plus the Powder Room you'll need to drive our the dozens of Syndicate goons stationed there first... which means a time for a mission Wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu May 29, 2014 4:20 am

Psyckosama wrote:She shrugs. "Worked for me..."

"Wojewoda, I also saw you dent steel plate by punching it and shrug off small arms fire like so many bug-bites. I'm pretty sure that most people wouldn't live through the stuff that worked for you."

She laughs. "Knowing Pierce he wouldn't let me sleep at all."

"In that case you could just make him CEO and leave the boring stuff to him entirely."

She blinks. Then she blinks again. "And you're still alive?"

Shrug. "Like she said, I wasn't a complete disappointment."

And also, if I died they would have been left with just the advance, as well as no return business. But explaining that would be boring.

They all belong to the Syndicate. They're not going to sell.

It might require sending some people to pay them a visit, but not as many as hitting the PR would.

Plus the Powder Room you'll need to drive our the dozens of Syndicate goons stationed there first... which means a time for a mission Wink

"Well, they're going to have people up front. And they'll probably have people in the back as well. Which just means we'll have to come in from above. We won't even need to be very picky - the place has those huge windows which would make good entry points and firing positions."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu May 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Wojewoda, I also saw you dent steel plate by punching it and shrug off small arms fire like so many bug-bites. I'm pretty sure that most people wouldn't live through the stuff that worked for you."

"Like I said, baby bird... you want someone to learn to handle being shot, you shoot them. You want them to be able to dent steel plate, you make them punch steel plates. It's obvious, yes?"

"In that case you could just make him CEO and leave the boring stuff to him entirely."

"I'm the head of the gang. He'd insist I show up even stronger."

Shrug. "Like she said, I wasn't a complete disappointment."

"Yes but still... Lady fucking Shiva?"

And also, if I died they would have been left with just the advance, as well as no return business. But explaining that would be boring.

True... but would explain a lot.

It might require sending some people to pay them a visit, but not as many as hitting the PR would.

Normally just one guy to "inform" them whoes the new boss. Probably someone high ranked and terrifying.

Explains why the boss had to do it herself in the game...

"Well, they're going to have people up front. And they'll probably have people in the back as well. Which just means we'll have to come in from above. We won't even need to be very picky - the place has those huge windows which would make good entry points and firing positions."

"So, we rope in via helicopter?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri May 30, 2014 3:00 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Like I said, baby bird... you want someone to learn to handle being shot, you shoot them. You want them to be able to dent steel plate, you make them punch steel plates. It's obvious, yes?"

"... that only works for metas."

"I'm the head of the gang. He'd insist I show up even stronger."

"That sounds really codependent. You're head of something that's as much institution as it is gang by now, and by the looks of things will just keep growing. Take it from someone who knows, unless you start to delegate some things the stress will eventually eat you alive. Or turn you into a ranging arsehole."

"Yes but still... Lady fucking Shiva?"

"To be fair, back then I was even more full of myself than I am today and I'd just been left to my own devices with impressive resources. So I thought to myself, 'Probably, nothing will come of it, but if I don't try it I'll wonder for the rest of my life'. The fixers I'd inherited took it seriously though, so one morning a few weeks later I got the fright of my life ..." I shrug. "She tends to show up every few years to check if I haven't become more of a disappointment and kill me if I have. I'll introduce you next time around."

I leave out the fact that any and all ice-cream on the premises seems to mysteriously vanish during those times.

True... but would explain a lot.

Normally just one guy to "inform" them whoes the new boss. Probably someone high ranked and terrifying.

Explains why the boss had to do it herself in the game...

Fair point. I guess we can make a day of it after we hit the Powder Room.

"So, we rope in via helicopter?"

"No, not quite," I say, walking over to where I see several parachutes stashed and shrugging one on. "For one, flyby at altitude would draw less attention and let us blitz them more effectively. For another? Why mess with a good thing?"
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri May 30, 2014 3:57 am

Rieverre wrote:"... that only works for metas."

"I'm no a meta..."

[quote]"That sounds really codependent. You're head of something that's as much institution as it is gang by now, and by the looks of things will just keep growing. Take it from someone who knows, unless you start to delegate some things the stress will eventually eat you alive. Or turn you into a ranging arsehole."

"That explains Ben King..."

"To be fair, back then I was even more full of myself than I am today and I'd just been left to my own devices with impressive resources. So I thought to myself, 'Probably, nothing will come of it, but if I don't try it I'll wonder for the rest of my life'. The fixers I'd inherited took it seriously though, so one morning a few weeks later I got the fright of my life ..." I shrug. "She tends to show up every few years to check if I haven't become more of a disappointment and kill me if I have. I'll introduce you next time around."

"We've met."

I leave out the fact that any and all ice-cream on the premises seems to mysteriously vanish during those times.

Heh.

Fair point. I guess we can make a day of it after we hit the Powder Room.

Works.

"No, not quite," I say, walking over to where I see several parachutes stashed and shrugging one on. "For one, flyby at altitude would draw less attention and let us blitz them more effectively. For another? Why mess with a good thing?"

"But we've done the Halo thing..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri May 30, 2014 4:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I'm no a meta..."

"If you say so ..."

Though I could have sworn I remember her being shot and then being left with nothing more than bruises that faded in minutes.

"That explains Ben King..."

"He was that neurotically hands-on?"

"We've met."

"... that'll make for interesting conversation then. Um, you aren't going to try to kill one-another next time she shows up, are you? That could get a little awkward."

"But we've done the Halo thing..."

"There are plenty of tall buildings around too. We could try base-jumping. Unless you're really set on the rappelling idea. In which case we need to fit the chopper with some high-performance speakers. Hmmm ... Ride of the Valkyries or some AC/DC?"
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri May 30, 2014 11:49 am

Rieverre wrote:"If you say so ..."

Though I could have sworn I remember her being shot and then being left with nothing more than bruises that faded in minutes.

Kevlar. Lots.

"He was that neurotically hands-on?"

"Not really. But he liked to think he was."

"... that'll make for interesting conversation then. Um, you aren't going to try to kill one-another next time she shows up, are you? That could get a little awkward."

"Depends. If I don't take her trying to kill me personally, will she take me shooting her with a bazooka personally?"

If asked, "Dane Vogel hired her."

"There are plenty of tall buildings around too. We could try base-jumping. Unless you're really set on the rappelling idea. In which case we need to fit the chopper with some high-performance speakers. Hmmm ... Ride of the Valkyries or some AC/DC?"

"Hmmm Base Jumping, AC/DC... you make this a hard decision."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri May 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Kevlar. Lots.

Ahhh. I'm still of the opinion she's far too close to Charles Atlas Superpowers to not be considered a meta, but let's go with that.

"Not really. But he liked to think he was."

"That's never good. And really, what's the use in running something if you can't eventually hand it off and just get your share of proceeds?"

"Depends. If I don't take her trying to kill me personally, will she take me shooting her with a bazooka personally?"

If asked, "Dane Vogel hired her."

"Probably not. A job's a job. Also, really? Shiva? I had Vogel as more of a Cain type. Or maybe Wilson. He must have gone through intermediaries otherwise she'd have thrown him out the window. At least that's what my personality profilers have to say about the guy. Too close in personality to Dorrance to survive a meeting."

Okay, granted, depends on the version of Wilson, but still.

"Hmmm Base Jumping, AC/DC... you make this a hard decision."

"Well, you are dynamite, and I'm still more than a bit thunderstruck," I say, with genuine affection. "And really, it's your show. We can always do the one we don't go with later."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri May 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Rieverre wrote:Ahhh. I'm still of the opinion she's far too close to Charles Atlas Superpowers to not be considered a meta, but let's go with that.

In this universe, that's a thing...

"That's never good. And really, what's the use in running something if you can't eventually hand it off and just get your share of proceeds?"

"You miss out on all the fun that way..."

"Probably not. A job's a job. Also, really? Shiva? I had Vogel as more of a Cain type..."

"I think he was on the job."

Or maybe Wilson.

"Which one?"

He must have gone through intermediaries otherwise she'd have thrown him out the window. At least that's what my personality profilers have to say about the guy. Too close in personality to Dorrance to survive a meeting."

"I think she has... or at least had a standing contract with Ultor."

Okay, granted, depends on the version of Wilson, but still.

Heh.

"Well, you are dynamite, and I'm still more than a bit thunderstruck," I say, with genuine affection.

"And here I thought I was Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap..."

"And really, it's your show. We can always do the one we don't go with later."

"We Apocalypse Now this shit!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri May 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"You miss out on all the fun that way..."

"Depends on who you have running things. The good ones will let you know."

"I think he was on the job."

"Figures. I would be so lucky as to have that one get smeared across the pavement," my face twitches into a hateful snarl when actually thinking of David Cain.

"Which one?"

I give her a look that says 'really?'

Because, seriously, who in their right minds and responsible to shareholders would hire _Wade_?

"I think she has... or at least had a standing contract with Ultor."

I blink.

Then proceed to bounce my head off the countertop of the suite's bar once, twice, three times ...

Siiiiigh.

"Fucking _Loren_," I say, still face-down. "_Pierce_, please tell me the entertainment branch was the one that held Shiva's paperwork? Please? Because the rest of it is still a thing and last I checked the Waffle had at least a few mutually beneficial deals with them."

"And here I thought I was Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap..."

"Now you're just being self-depreciating."

"We Apocalypse Now this shit!"

"Just remember to pack AP rounds," I say, and follow suit with my sidearm. The windows are likely reinforced, so a few of those rounds around where you plan to break through ... yeah ^^

"Load up Shoot To Thrill. It'll annoy one of my friends to no end if and when he finds out."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri May 30, 2014 1:02 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Depends on who you have running things. The good ones will let you know."

"Pierce..."

"Don't worry, boss, I'll let you handle the... fun stuff."

"Alright, you're promoted. Just talk to me before you do anything big."

"Sure thing, boss."

"Figures. I would be so lucky as to have that one get smeared across the pavement," my face twitches into a hateful snarl when actually thinking of David Cain.

"There a problem?"

I give her a look that says 'really?'

Because, seriously, who in their right minds and responsible to shareholders would hire _Wade_?

Hey, say what you want about Deadpool... he gets the job done.

I blink.

Then proceed to bounce my head off the countertop of the suite's bar once, twice, three times ...

Siiiiigh.

"Fucking _Loren_," I say, still face-down. "_Pierce_, please tell me the entertainment branch was the one that held Shiva's paperwork? Please? Because the rest of it is still a thing and last I checked the Waffle had at least a few mutually beneficial deals with them."

Her eyes narrow.

"Pierce! Get Eric on the fucking line, right now!"

"Now you're just being self-depreciating."

"What, it's like an anthem of my early years!"

"Just remember to pack AP rounds," I say, and follow suit with my sidearm. The windows are likely reinforced, so a few of those rounds around where you plan to break through ... yeah ^^

"Don't worry, armored windows are not a problem..."

Is that a .50 caliber sniper rifle she's carrying?

Oh, and look... she's loading the explosive rounds...

"Load up Shoot To Thrill. It'll annoy one of my friends to no end if and when he finds out."

"What, you want to troll Ironman?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri May 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"There a problem?"

"I have more problems with David fucking Cain than I could put into words and while it's not my place to hunt him down like the dog he is, if I'm ever in a position to just shoot the bastard I will."

Hey, say what you want about Deadpool... he gets the job done.

And then you have to redraw maps.

Her eyes narrow.

"Pierce! Get Eric on the fucking line, right now!"

About how I feel, yea. It's not like I don't like her showing up, but there's a difference between that and her showing up to _kill me_.

"What, it's like an anthem of my early years!"

"To question about which you always clam up on, and look like you're about to accidentally a city block."

"Don't worry, armored windows are not a problem..."

Is that a .50 caliber sniper rifle she's carrying?

Oh, and look... she's loading the explosive rounds...

That works too, if only on the outside. Bit too much of a long gun to take in with us.

"What, you want to troll Ironman?"

Grin.

"Since time immemorial, Stark and I have been engaged in a cold war of puns and one-upsmanship ... but yes, in response to your question, I do. I very much do. If it couldn't be used against me in a court of law I would record the whole thing and send it to him with a smiley and a 'neener neener' appended in the comments. I mean, I know for a fact I'm never going to hear the end of it from him for getting married so I take my hits where I can get them."

Anyway ... Apocalypse Now time!
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri May 30, 2014 1:37 pm

Rieverre wrote:"I have more problems with David fucking Cain than I could put into words and while it's not my place to hunt him down like the dog he is, if I'm ever in a position to just shoot the bastard I will."

"Explain please."

And then you have to redraw maps.

REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO!

About how I feel, yea. It's not like I don't like her showing up, but there's a difference between that and her showing up to _kill me_.

True... though you seem to think she's more pissed about Ultor working with the syndicate.

"To question about which you always clam up on, and look like you're about to accidentally a city block."

"I mean my early years as a Saint... before I was... well... blown up. And a good deal after."

That works too, if only on the outside. Bit too much of a long gun to take in with us.

"Good for knocking, yes?"

Grin.

"Since time immemorial, Stark and I have been engaged in a cold war of puns and one-upsmanship ... but yes, in response to your question, I do. I very much do. If it couldn't be used against me in a court of law I would record the whole thing and send it to him with a smiley and a 'neener neener' appended in the comments. I mean, I know for a fact I'm never going to hear the end of it from him for getting married so I take my hits where I can get them."

Anyway ... Apocalypse Now time!

Alright... how do you want to do this. What is your plan... as the boss is more of a door kicker type.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri May 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Explain please."

"Blackmailing rapist child abuser. I pieced most of that together out of circumstantial ..." I stop myself and shake my head. Wow. Okay. Yeah. Apparently not!I actually did that and his opinions on the matter bled through as well. "_Not_ my place to hire anyone or hunt him down, but if he's even in the general geographic vicinity, that isn't going to count as hunting down."

REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO!

From Victor's perspective, Wade is too ... random. Granted, good hire for a distraction, but otherwise, not so much.

True... though you seem to think she's more pissed about Ultor working with the syndicate.

Possibly. A job is still a job. She can afford to not be immoral when she's not on the clock, but ... yeah.

"I mean my early years as a Saint... before I was... well... blown up. And a good deal after."

"I've seen the property damage estimates on those, darling. I know for a fact that you were never 'cheap'."

Blink.

"Yeah, 'darling' doesn't really work. I'll just use Wojewoda as a term of endearment and be done with it."

"Good for knocking, yes?"

I give the Boss a thumbs up. "I know exactly why I have this boner."

Alright... how do you want to do this. What is your plan... as the boss is more of a door kicker type.

The Powder Room has that elevated section that I assume is the main hall. It has a lower and higher section of roof, and tall windows ... my entry plan was to get feed down on the 'lower' roof, blast the windows (for which the Boss has that doorknocker and all), and then use those to go down into the hall. After tossing a few flashbangs in through them, that is. Entry team, which I assume is the Boss, myself, and whoever else she picks, go in and clean house.

Meanwhile, homies set up a perimeter around the building and stun-gun anybody in Morningstar colors coming out. Or beanbag round them. Not because of any lingering sentiment, but because the manager is likely to be among them and pulling a runner. In fact, if we have pictures of him/her, distribute those and have them keep an eye out.

Information is the first line of defense and first avenue of attack after all.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:56 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Blackmailing rapist child abuser. I pieced most of that together out of circumstantial ..." I stop myself and shake my head. Wow. Okay. Yeah. Apparently not!I actually did that and his opinions on the matter bled through as well. "_Not_ my place to hire anyone or hunt him down, but if he's even in the general geographic vicinity, that isn't going to count as hunting down."

Her eyes narrow. "I know there is a story behind this, yes?"

From Victor's perspective, Wade is too ... random. Granted, good hire for a distraction, but otherwise, not so much.

Don't tell your wife that!

Possibly. A job is still a job. She can afford to not be immoral when she's not on the clock, but ... yeah.

This is personal.

"I've seen the property damage estimates on those, darling. I know for a fact that you were never 'cheap'."

"Then I wasn't getting paid enough."

Blink.

"Yeah, 'darling' doesn't really work. I'll just use Wojewoda as a term of endearment and be done with it."

Evil grin. "I approve."

I give the Boss a thumbs up. "I know exactly why I have this boner."

She laughs

The Powder Room has that elevated section that I assume is the main hall. It has a lower and higher section of roof, and tall windows ... my entry plan was to get feed down on the 'lower' roof, blast the windows (for which the Boss has that doorknocker and all), and then use those to go down into the hall. After tossing a few flashbangs in through them, that is. Entry team, which I assume is the Boss, myself, and whoever else she picks, go in and clean house.

Elevated section is the main warehouse.

Meanwhile, homies set up a perimeter around the building and stun-gun anybody in Morningstar colors coming out. Or beanbag round them. Not because of any lingering sentiment, but because the manager is likely to be among them and pulling a runner. In fact, if we have pictures of him/her, distribute those and have them keep an eye out.

You don't have a picture. But you could easily arrange for someone who would not be on their lists to buy a firearm and then speak to the manager.

Information is the first line of defense and first avenue of attack after all.

Information is Ammunition! Very Happy

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Her eyes narrow. "I know there is a story behind this, yes?"

"And it's not my story to tell."

Seriously, Shiva would castrate me with my own severed finger-bones.

Elevated section is the main warehouse.

That could work even better. They'll be hesitant to toss explosives around in those confines for fear of blowing the whole place. Plus, we can take the loading door from the inside and stop anyone from getting out the back.

You don't have a picture. But you could easily arrange for someone who would not be on their lists to buy a firearm and then speak to the manager.

Sounds more than reasonable, but that said, it's a designer gun-store and a fancy, high profile one as well. The manager is likely a matter of public record. At the very least, whoever is publicly running things. Let's see if that nets us something first, then follow up with sending someone inside.

Information is Ammunition! Very Happy

So very true.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Rieverre wrote:"And it's not my story to tell."

Seriously, Shiva would castrate me with my own severed finger-bones.

You could change the names... but yes, she probably would.

Unless you brought her his head and her daughter. Then she might actually HUG you.

Which is almost as scary.

That could work even better. They'll be hesitant to toss explosives around in those confines for fear of blowing the whole place. Plus, we can take the loading door from the inside and stop anyone from getting out the back.

Yeah.

Sounds more than reasonable, but that said, it's a designer gun-store and a fancy, high profile one as well. The manager is likely a matter of public record. At the very least, whoever is publicly running things. Let's see if that nets us something first, then follow up with sending someone inside.

D10

So very true.

And makes you wish you had a giant death robot, right?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You could change the names... but yes, she probably would.

Unless you brought her his head and her daughter. Then she might actually HUG you.

Which is almost as scary.

Don't tempt me more than I already am.

D10

rolling

And makes you wish you had a giant death robot, right?

Considering what I do know about the setting? I'm sitting on the information equivalent of the SDF-01.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:24 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 4

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Rieverre wrote:Don't tempt me more than I already am.

Heh.

It takes a while but a basic bio is found.

Seems he might be one of Lorien's higher ranking people too.

Considering what I do know about the setting? I'm sitting on the information equivalent of the SDF-01.

Well, The first stage of the assault goes off pretty much as expected. You, The boss, Shaundi, and Pierce blow out one of the windows with a rocket and then use your superior firing position to wipe our the guards you can see before you attack.

It's pretty much a slaughter... and its terrifying to see the Boss in action in close combat. She's fast, she's tough, she's suicidally brave, she's brutal and she seems to like to get into hand to hand.

Eventually you spot the manager fleeing and go after him.

It takes some work but you do corner him.

And he smiles. Shaundi doesn't take this well.

"The fuck are you smiling at, asshole! We've got you trapped!"

"Au contraire ma petite salope. You're trapped in here with me!"

You begin to hear the whine of a Minigun...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Psyckosama wrote:It takes a while but a basic bio is found.

Seems he might be one of Lorien's higher ranking people too.

Sounds like a high value extraction target ...

Well, The first stage of the assault goes off pretty much as expected. You, The boss, Shaundi, and Pierce blow out one of the windows with a rocket and then use your superior firing position to wipe our the guards you can see before you attack.

It's pretty much a slaughter... and its terrifying to see the Boss in action in close combat. She's fast, she's tough, she's suicidally brave, she's brutal and she seems to like to get into hand to hand.

Eventually you spot the manager fleeing and go after him.

It takes some work but you do corner him.

And he smiles. Shaundi doesn't take this well.

"The fuck are you smiling at, asshole! We've got you trapped!"

"Au contraire ma petite salope. You're trapped in here with me!"

You begin to hear the whine of a Minigun...

Oh right, there was _that_ tidbit ... crap ...

"Cover!" I shout, before punching the manager in the solar plexus to bend him over, grabbing the back of his next, and shoving him forward into cover ahead of me. Or should that be concealment? That thing is likely to tear through a lot of normal packing material, so I guess it's lucky that this is a gun store and the inventory storage crates are at least somewhat reinforced.

... then I break the guy's leg, discolate one of his arms, and bounce his head off the floor if he hasn't passed out from the pain yet. Mental note, remember to bring zip-ties next time.

As for the Brute ...

I keep low and try to flank him and possibly catch him unaware ... considering he has a huge honking gun and the Boss is likely drawing his attention better than I ever could, this should not be too much of a stretch. And throw/jam a knife into the minigun's workings. That or cut the ammo tape.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Rieverre wrote:Sounds like a high value extraction target ...

Yep.

Oh right, there was _that_ tidbit ... crap ...

Yep.

"Cover!" I shout, before punching the manager in the solar plexus to bend him over, grabbing the back of his next, and shoving him forward into cover ahead of me. Or should that be concealment? That thing is likely to tear through a lot of normal packing material, so I guess it's lucky that this is a gun store and the inventory storage crates are at least somewhat reinforced.

... then I break the guy's leg, discolate one of his arms, and bounce his head off the floor if he hasn't passed out from the pain yet. Mental note, remember to bring zip-ties next time.

Did you really think it would be that easy.

The guy blocks your first blow and goes in for a knife hand to the neck.

Seems somebody knows Kung-fu!

Round One: FIGHT!

As for the Brute ...

I keep low and try to flank him and possibly catch him unaware ... considering he has a huge honking gun and the Boss is likely drawing his attention better than I ever could, this should not be too much of a stretch. And throw/jam a knife into the minigun's workings. That or cut the ammo tape.

You're a bit busy for that...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Did you really think it would be that easy.

You know, for a minute there, I really did. /Kiddo

The guy blocks your first blow and goes in for a knife hand to the neck.

Seems somebody knows Kung-fu!

Round One: FIGHT!

I don't bother blocking. Instead I let my legs fold up under me and drop to the ground, then I try to kick his knee out. And if that fails ... well, my arms were free. And I packed that stun-gun for a reason.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Rieverre wrote:You know, for a minute there, I really did. /Kiddo

Sadly though, he's not Lucy Lu

I don't bother blocking. Instead I let my legs fold up under me and drop to the ground, then I try to kick his knee out. And if that fails ... well, my arms were free. And I packed that stun-gun for a reason.

He dodges the blow and then kicks the stun gun out of your hands.

Again, do you REALLY think you're getting out of a plot mandated fight sequence so easily? :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Sadly though, he's not Lucy Lu

And now I'm depressed.

He dodges the blow and then kicks the stun gun out of your hands.

I roll away and get up with a legsweep to either stagger him or make him give me that second. Then I feint a jab at his face and switch up - if he replies with a punch or kick, grab for the sleeve and pull him into one of mine.

Again, do you REALLY think you're getting out of a plot mandated fight sequence so easily? :p

A man can hope.^^
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Rieverre wrote:And now I'm depressed.

Why? It's hard to fight with a boner.

I roll away and get up with a legsweep to either stagger him or make him give me that second. Then I feint a jab at his face and switch up - if he replies with a punch or kick, grab for the sleeve and pull him into one of mine.

He's too good for that and manages to catch you in the jaw with a rather powerful blow.

You're going to have to fight this one for real.

A man can hope.^^

And get his ass wooped.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Psyckosama wrote:He's too good for that and manages to catch you in the jaw with a rather powerful blow.

I turn my head to turn the blow into a glancing one follow through with that momentum, adjusting my stance and twisting my torso into a spin that ideally finishes with my elbow in his side.

You're going to have to fight this one for real.

I am.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top