Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:

"Alright, you got anywhere I can keep my cart and how much?"

Pixie...

And this...

And this is the part where I stare a little too hard, lean a little too close and fall right out of my chair....and I don't break visual contact...nor seem to care for my spill, I've got more important things on my mind.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:59 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Alright, you got anywhere I can keep my cart and how much?"

She suggests a place across the street. Tell 'em Lil Shaundi sent ya.

And this is the part where I stare a little too hard, lean a little too close and fall right out of my chair....and I don't break visual contact...nor seem to care for my spill, I've got more important things on my mind.

"You okay down there, man?"

Rieverre wrote:What'm I, a charity? I'm actually wondering if Little Shaundi or any of the others are going to point this out.

Good mercantile manners. As for Little Shaundi, they're the buyer. Nothing personal.

Oh god yes. Savor every bite!

Heh.

There's money on the line. I can have dirty thoughts later. Right now I'm looking at her as a potential customer/business partner.

Lizard Brain cares not for such things. Very Happy

"That alone tells me you've got someone in line who'll probably come in after the auction's done and I'm not here, and who might beat the other prices silly. Or someone who's still going to be here after who'll do the same," I say with a smile. "It's a shame it's probably not enough for you to let me buy into this place. It's rather enticing, but a stake's likely worth more than any one weapon."

She rolls her eyes. "I don't let people buy in. And yes, he'd pay a lot for that. Some people just love their guns..."

"That may well be worth looking into," I nod, and narrow my eyes. She's just effectively cut herself out as the middle-man (or woman) for the plow deal. Arguably the bit of kit that would bring in the most money. Might be because it'd be a bit of trouble, but also that she's actually dealing honestly. Getting in good with someone like that would be worth their weight in gold. "You sure you don't want in on organizing the sale for a cut of the take?"

"Oh, I didn't say I didn't. Just I find its best to be honest. I make a good living here and do good business. My reputation is worth more than what I could milk out of you. If you'd like I could arrange for you to get some time on the actual auction deck. It will not be cheap, but it'll probably give you a better take."

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She suggests a place across the street. Tell 'em Lil Shaundi sent ya.

Right I take the cart there and pay for the services. If I have to haggle then I haggle.

"You okay down there, man?"

More then a little spaced I vaguely ask, "Who that?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Right I take the cart there and pay for the services.  If I have to haggle then I haggle.

Roll a d6

(and reply to Stag, damn it)

More then a little spaced I vaguely ask, "Who that?"

"Kiki... or is it Viola? Can't ever tell the difference between them... Either way they're kinda bitchy."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Lizard Brain cares not for such things.  Very Happy

... fair point.

She rolls her eyes. "I don't let people buy in. And yes, he'd pay a lot for that. Some people just love their guns..."

"Pity, but the suggestion was mostly wishful thinking. I'm really quite liking this place. As for the gun," I ponder for a moment. If she's willing to just shell out up front, it's likely that whoever she has in mind will pay more than a pretty penny for it. "If you're willing to go as far as to pay up front the final price is likely to be lucrative indeed. I'm usually more paranoid than this, but I'll go out on a limb here. Half and half."

"Oh, I didn't say I didn't. Just I find its best to be honest. I make a good living here and do good business. My reputation is worth more than what I could milk out of you. If you'd like I could arrange for you to get some time on the actual auction deck. It will not be cheap, but it'll probably give you a better take."

"How much would getting in on the auction cost, then?"
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Roll a d6

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :

(and reply to Stag, damn it)

I will

"Kiki... or is it Viola? Can't ever tell the difference between them... Either way they're kinda bitchy."

I think there's steam coming out of my ears at this point..."T-t-two of them?" Yeah I'm lost....
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Rieverre wrote:... fair point.

Have a reminder...

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/147/4/4/saints_row_iv___shaundi_wallpaper_by_pricelessdamnation-d66uav8.jpg

"Pity, but the suggestion was mostly wishful thinking. I'm really quite liking this place. As for the gun," I ponder for a moment. If she's willing to just shell out up front, it's likely that whoever she has in mind will pay more than a pretty penny for it. "If you're willing to go as far as to pay up front the final price is likely to be lucrative indeed. I'm usually more paranoid than this, but I'll go out on a limb here. Half and half."

"You want a gentleman's agreement or a contract? If the latter, you pay for the stamp."

In the larger and more civilized bartertowns you can pay to have a contract stamped, signed, and filed... that way it's pretty much sealed in stone and normally backed up by what passes for local law enforcement as well as having the ability to send Bounty Hunters... the good ones... after the poor dumb bastard who broke it. This place isn't a huge town but seems to be a minor trading hub and the local "Lord" seems himself as a something of petty king so this level of bureaucracy makes sense... at least according to his ego.

That said you're not exactly sure how good his word is seen as being since you're not exactly a veteran when it comes to contract level negotiations.

Yes, it's the post-apocalypse and you still can't escape red fucking tape.

"How much would getting in on the auction cost, then?"

"Don't know yet," she admits.

Roll Senses + Notice.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Brian Boru wrote: 4

You find someone trying to unhitch one of your cattle...  Shocked

I will

Soon.

I think there's steam coming out of my ears at this point..."T-t-two of them?"  Yeah I'm lost....

"Relax man... I don't think you'll be able to afford them."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:55 pm

And a lovely reminder it is, but it doesn't quite hit my bluescreen buttons.

"You want a gentleman's agreement or a contract? If the latter, you pay for the stamp."

In the larger and more civilized bartertowns you can pay to have a contract stamped, signed, and filed... that way it's pretty much sealed in stone and normally backed up by what passes for local law enforcement as well as having the ability to send Bounty Hunters... the good ones... after the poor dumb bastard who broke it. This place isn't a huge town but seems to be a minor trading hub and the local "Lord" seems himself as a something of petty king so this level of bureaucracy makes sense... at least according to his ego.

That said you're not exactly sure how good his word is seen as being since you're not exactly a veteran when it comes to contract level negotiations.

Yes, it's the post-apocalypse and you still can't escape red fucking tape.

"I don't think we need a contract. You said it yourself, you like to keep a good reputation. And I'm thinking in the long term, you want me and people like me coming back knowing they'll be dealt a fair hand, spending our money here and maybe even making our commission deal a regular occurance," I say and stand, then extend my hand. "Do we have an accord then? Half and half on the sub-machinegun, a fourth on the medicine, filters," I grin wryly, "And vinegar if you find someone for that."

"Don't know yet," she admits.

Roll Senses + Notice.

Senses 4, Notice 3. Rollan.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:55 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 4, 1, 2, 3

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:14 pm

[quote="Psyckosama"]
Brian Boru wrote:You find someone trying to unhitch one of your cattle...  Shocked

Snarling I pull my ax out and bellow at the crook, "HEY! YOU! HANDS OFF THE STEER!"

If he runs I don't chase unless he tries to take the cow with them...then it get's ugly.

Soon.

Now on Lunchbreak

"Relax man... I don't think you'll be able to afford them."

Cue heart broken devastation...Robert wears his heart on his sleeves...
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Snarling I pull my ax out and bellow at the crook, "HEY!  YOU!  HANDS OFF THE STEER!"

If he runs I don't chase unless he tries to take the cow with them...then it get's ugly.

He bolts... with what looks like a wheel of cheese in his arms.

Cue heart broken devastation...Robert wears his heart on his sleeves...
[/quote]

She sighs.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Rieverre wrote:And a lovely reminder it is, but it doesn't quite hit my bluescreen buttons.

I know.

"I don't think we need a contract. You said it yourself, you like to keep a good reputation. And I'm thinking in the long term, you want me and people like me coming back knowing they'll be dealt a fair hand, spending our money here and maybe even making our commission deal a regular occurance," I say and stand, then extend my hand. "Do we have an accord then? Half and half on the sub-machinegun, a fourth on the medicine, filters," I grin wryly, "And vinegar if you find someone for that."

She takes it. "Deal."

Senses 4, Notice 3. Rollan.

You have a feeling that "Don't know yet" translates to "I don't know how many dicks I'm going to have to suck to get your ass up there."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She takes it. "Deal."

Aaaaand shake on it.

You have a feeling that "Don't know yet" translates to "I don't know how many dicks I'm going to have to suck to get your ass up there."

Wince.

"Of course, thinking about this longer term again," I muse, considering alternatives, "find someone local who'd offer a good price rather than using the auction for the best one possible. Build bridges. See if he hasn't got a use for some air filters too, since he'll have machinery."

I give her a frank look. "Sometimes, the money's a secondary concern."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Rieverre wrote:Aaaaand shake on it.

Done.

Wince.

"Of course, thinking about this longer term again," I muse, considering alternatives, "find someone local who'd offer a good price rather than using the auction for the best one possible. Build bridges. See if he hasn't got a use for some air filters too, since he'll have machinery."

I give her a frank look. "Sometimes, the money's a secondary concern."

She gives you a level look. "I own a brothel."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She gives you a level look. "I own a brothel."

"And I'm listing options," I shrug and flush faintly in embarrassment. "I also didn't want to presume. I would rather have a good business relationship than one that has me looking over my shoulder every other day, even if the former might not be as lucrative. Yes, it's probably naivety speaking, at least in part. I should probably get rid of it at some point."

My plans for the rest of the day are to check out my room, get my things squared away, and then begin working on restoring the alarm system I salvaged with the help of my two reference manuals.

Last edited by Rieverre on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Psyckosama wrote:He bolts... with what looks like a wheel of cheese in his arms.

I snarl and run after him.

She sighs.

Confused I look at her, "What?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Rieverre wrote:"And I'm listing options," I shrug and flush faintly in embarrassment. "I also didn't want to presume. I would rather have a good business relationship than one that has me looking over my shoulder every other day, even if the former might not be as lucrative. Yes, it's probably naivety speaking, at least in part. I should probably get rid of it at some point."

My plans for the rest of the day are to check out my room, get my things squared away, and then begin working on restoring the alarm system I salvaged with the help of my two reference manuals.

"Sweet, but stupid." she sighs. "We already agreed. I'll tell you how much it costs after I get it done. Does that satisfy?"

Brian Boru wrote:I snarl and run after him.

Tenacity+Athletics

Confused I look at her, "What?"

"You're like a big puppy aren't you?"[/quote]

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:45 am

Psyckosama wrote:Tenacity+Athletics

Brian Boru carried out 4 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
6 , 4 , 6 , 5

+4

"You're like a big puppy aren't you?"

I blush indignantly at that, I'm not a genius but I know when I'm being patronized.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:47 am

[quote="Brian Boru"]
Psyckosama wrote:Tenacity+Athletics

[roll]6,4,6,5[roll]

+4

4 successes and roll for 2 more.

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
6 , 5
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:48 am

[quote="Brian Boru"]6,5

5 successes and roll for 1 more.

5 successes
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:06 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Sweet, but stupid." she sighs. "We already agreed. I'll tell you how much it costs after I get it done. Does that satisfy?"

"It does. Here's to a rewarding partnership, is what I'd say if we had drinks," I grin. "For now though, I do hope whatever room you've allotted me has good lighting. I've some detail work to do that'll benefit from that and might result in another item on the sales list."
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Brian Boru wrote:5 successes

You run him down no problem and he drops the cheese for more speed. You pick it up or keep following?

I blush indignantly at that, I'm not a genius but I know when I'm being patronized.

True, but she's being sweet about it though...

Rieverre wrote:"It does. Here's to a rewarding partnership, is what I'd say if we had drinks," I grin. "For now though, I do hope whatever room you've allotted me has good lighting. I've some detail work to do that'll benefit from that and might result in another item on the sales list."

"I'll have them bring you a lamp. Though mind if I ask what it is?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I'll have them bring you a lamp. Though mind if I ask what it is?"

"Alarm system. Well, what was left of one. It seemed salvageable enough at the time so I took it out and brought it with me. I figured, might as well see if I can't get it working again."

Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:51 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You run him down no problem and he drops the cheese for more speed. You pick it up or keep following?

Nah, I brush the cheese off and head back to the cart, I DON'T need anything else stolen. Once there I make sure to see that man Shaundi said could house my stuff.

True, but she's being sweet about it though...

And I catch that. "Puppy huh? Nicer than ox or rock or stump I guess."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Alarm system. Well, what was left of one. It seemed salvageable enough at the time so I took it out and brought it with me. I figured, might as well see if I can't get it working again."

"As long as I get a fair finder's fee I'll let you use our workbench and ask around."

Brian Boru wrote:Nah, I brush the cheese off and head back to the cart, I DON'T need anything else stolen.  Once there I make sure to see that man Shaundi said could house my stuff.

Alright. The guy looks a little shifty. "One per head per day."

And I catch that.  "Puppy huh?  Nicer than ox or rock or stump I guess."

"Why would I call you that? You're like a puppy, all awkward but well meaning."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"As long as I get a fair finder's fee I'll let you use our workbench and ask around."

"Let me see if I can get it back in order first, but thank you for the offer," I smile, nod, and see myself out if she has nothing more to discuss.

... damn it. I thought once I'd gotten this out of the way I'd be able to relax, but no, I still feel and likely will continue to feel as though I have unfinished business dangling over my head while that bunch of wires and circuits is sitting in my packs.

I stop at the commons for a few minutes to decompress and admire the scenery, but that's all I allow myself before heading up to my room and unpacking, laying the alarm system out on whatever table I've got and breaking out the reference manuals.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Alright. The guy looks a little shifty. "One per head per day."

I give him a look. "That seems a bit high sir."

I try and argue a lower price, if haggling the thing around here.

"Why would I call you that? You're like a puppy, all awkward but well meaning."

I snort, "Maybe you wouldn't but back home I'm the dumb slab of muscle who's only good for keeping the bulls from breaking something. Lotta my family didn't think I'd be able to deliver and sell our goods, end up gettin' swindled. Had to beg a bit to come here, and half the reason they agreed was 'cause I promised to try and find a girl to bring home. N' what do I know about girls...all I know's is cattle. I'm real good with cattle..."

I look around, "And I seem to have screwed that up already...." I mutter under my breath.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:36 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Let me see if I can get it back in order first, but thank you for the offer," I smile, nod, and see myself out if she has nothing more to discuss.

She nods and lets you go, going back to reading over a notebook.

... damn it. I thought once I'd gotten this out of the way I'd be able to relax, but no, I still feel and likely will continue to feel as though I have unfinished business dangling over my head while that bunch of wires and circuits is sitting in my packs.

I stop at the commons for a few minutes to decompress and admire the scenery, but that's all I allow myself before heading up to my room and unpacking, laying the alarm system out on whatever table I've got and breaking out the reference manuals.

Alright, you're shown to a shed in the back with a small electric light and even a few tools.

Roll for it.

Brian Boru wrote:I give him a look. "That seems a bit high sir."

"Then you better sell 'em right quick."

I try and argue a lower price, if haggling the thing around here.

Roll...

I snort, "Maybe you wouldn't but back home I'm the dumb slab of muscle who's only good for keeping the bulls from breaking something.  Lotta my family didn't think I'd be able to deliver and sell our goods, end up gettin' swindled.  Had to beg a bit to come here, and half the reason they agreed was 'cause I promised to try and find a girl to bring home.  N' what do I know about girls...all I know's is cattle. I'm real good with cattle..."

I look around, "And I seem to have screwed that up already...." I mutter under my breath.

She pats you on the shoulder and gives you a friendly smile. "You're a nice guy. You'll find a girl eventually..." she looks left and right, "Do you know what kind of place this is?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:10 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Then you better sell 'em right quick."

Grumble.

Roll...

+2

She pats you on the shoulder and gives you a friendly smile. "You're a nice guy. You'll find a girl eventually..." she looks left and right, "Do you know what kind of place this is?"

I perk right up with the vote of confidence. "Thanks, nice to hear someone say that."

I look around, "Um a tavern, inn, bar....c-c-cathouse?"
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top