Chapter 1: The Beginning

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Rieverre on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:Alright, you're shown to a shed in the back with a small electric light and even a few tools.

Roll for it.

At first I'm just laying it out and leafing through the repair manual and guide to help me figure out what actually needs fixing. (and hoping having those on hand gives me some kind of bonus because my Understanding and Tech are both at 2).

Rollan.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Dice Bot on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:25 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 6, 6

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Rieverre on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 am

... okay, rolling _again_ for those 6s.

avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Dice Bot on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 2, 6

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Rieverre on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 am

and _again_ for that six
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Dice Bot on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 2

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Grumble.

4

"You gonna pay?"

I perk right up with the vote of confidence.  "Thanks, nice to hear someone say that."

I look around, "Um a tavern, inn, bar....c-c-cathouse?"

"Got it in one... well... four actually, but they're all accurate."

Rieverre wrote:At first I'm just laying it out and leafing through the repair manual and guide to help me figure out what actually needs fixing. (and hoping having those on hand gives me some kind of bonus because my Understanding and Tech are both at 2).

Rollan.

Yeah... lets just say it's like popping together legos and be done with it. You pretty much get it in working order without even looking at the book.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Rieverre on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Yeah... lets just say it's like popping together legos and be done with it. You pretty much get it in working order without even looking at the book.

... that went better than expected. I label all the parts and get things squared away, then write out the process of hooking the whole thing up. Might as well dot my i's and cross my t's on this.

Then I pack it up nice and orderly, get it back up to my room, and flag down one of the girls when I'm out. Or, you know what, it's probably been a while. I head over to the bar instead. Might as well get some supper.

"You can let Big Shaundi know I'm done with the workshop. Things went a lot smoother than I thought they would and if she's interested I've now got a working alarm system that needs selling," I grin at the bartender, a bit tiredly. "Can I trouble you for a little more of that chili and flatbread from before while I wait? And maybe a pint of something to go with that?"
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:46 am

Rieverre wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:Yeah... lets just say it's like popping together legos and be done with it. You pretty much get it in working order without even looking at the book.

... that went better than expected. I label all the parts and get things squared away, then write out the process of hooking the whole thing up. Might as well dot my i's and cross my t's on this.

Then I pack it up nice and orderly, get it back up to my room, and flag down one of the girls when I'm out. Or, you know what, it's probably been a while. I head over to the bar instead. Might as well get some supper.

"You can let Big Shaundi know I'm done with the workshop. Things went a lot smoother than I thought they would and if she's interested I've now got a working alarm system that needs selling," I grin at the bartender, a bit tiredly. "Can I trouble you for a little more of that chili and flatbread from before while I wait? And maybe a pint of something to go with that?"

Little Shaundi nods. "Ma's out right now for some negotiations, but I'll tell her once you get back... and sure. Considering that you're kind of our new partner and all, at least with these trades, well, I don't see the harm in seconds..."

She orders up some more chili and gives you a pint. The glass is even clean.

This here is a high class establishment.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:Little Shaundi nods. "Ma's out right now for some negotiations, but I'll tell her once you get back... and sure. Considering that you're kind of our new partner and all, at least with these trades, well, I don't see the harm in seconds..."

She orders up some more chili and gives you a pint. The glass is even clean.

This here is a high class establishment.

I get that impression. There are few places that could rely on cleanliness more than a brothel, especially if you want returning customers rather than angry people with boils and rashes on certain sensitive bits and bobs of their anatomy.

I take my time with the food, people watch a bit, and make small talk with Little Shaundi when she isn't handing out drinks and the like to people, mostly regarding interesting things to do in town, or places of particular note.

I'll be staying around for at least a week, barring things suddenly being on fire. Might as well find out what I'm stuck with.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:54 am

Psyckosama wrote:"You gonna pay?"

"Alright here."

I pay the money and tomorrow swear to sell the damn cattle as fast as possible.

"Got it in one... well... four actually, but they're all accurate."

I chuckle at that. "Well If I ain't learnin' what to do wit' girls, might as well have another drink then."

Order another beer. Though I keep an eye out, just cause I can't touch doesn't mean I can't look and enjoy the scenery.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:22 am

Rieverre wrote:I get that impression. There are few places that could rely on cleanliness more than a brothel, especially if you want returning customers rather than angry people with boils and rashes on certain sensitive bits and bobs of their anatomy.

Quite true, though you get the feeling they're trying to be more than "Just" a Cat House.

I take my time with the food, people watch a bit, and make small talk with Little Shaundi when she isn't handing out drinks and the like to people, mostly regarding interesting things to do in town, or places of particular note.

Any subjects in particular? Or just idle chatter.

In the case of idle chatter give me a Understanding/Notice roll. This is only to see how much if anything that comes up in the idle chatter, that may be of any importance, that you retain.

I'll be staying around for at least a week, barring things suddenly being on fire. Might as well find out what I'm stuck with.

Righto.

Brian Boru wrote:"Alright here."

I pay the money and tomorrow swear to sell the damn cattle as fast as possible.

He smirks and takes it. "By the way, you might not want to sell them until the big auction..."

I chuckle at that. "Well If I ain't learnin' what to do wit' girls, might as well have another drink then."

She pours you a mug of ale.

Order another beer.  Though I keep an eye out, just cause I can't touch doesn't mean I can't look and enjoy the scenery.

And its a flowin'

So, you do notice Shaundi chatting with this one guy...

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Rieverre on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Quite true, though you get the feeling they're trying to be more than "Just" a Cat House.

It's why I wanted to buy in. Hell, I still do. Maybe after I've been a reliable source of income or saved their lives or something equally preposterous.

Any subjects in particular? Or just idle chatter.

In the case of idle chatter give me a Understanding/Notice roll. This is only to see how much if anything that comes up in the idle chatter, that may be of any importance, that you retain.

Rolling for idle chatter. (U2, N3)

It's literally my first day in town. I'm taking it easy after being a workoholic for most of the start of it.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Dice Bot on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:30 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 3, 3

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:He smirks and takes it. "By the way, you might not want to sell them until the big auction..."

I stop and mutter something under my breath and turn back. "And when's that?"

She pours you a mug of ale.

I pay for it and take a swig.

And its a flowin'

Nice.

So, you do notice Shaundi chatting with this one guy...

I glance over and try to eavesdrop. OC: Just link the post to what part of the conversation I listen in on. I'll work from there.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:00 am

Rieverre wrote:It's why I wanted to buy in. Hell, I still do. Maybe after I've been a reliable source of income or saved their lives or something equally preposterous.

That and you probably want to fuck Shaundi...

It's literally my first day in town. I'm taking it easy after being a workoholic for most of the start of it.

You pick up a great deal of idle gossip. I'm not detailing it all now, but I'll let you know if something comes up.

Though you do notice an ox of a man listening in...

Brian Boru wrote:I stop and mutter something under my breath and turn back.  "And when's that?"

His smile grows. "End of the week..."

You really REALLY need someone who knows how to negotiate... yeesh!

I pay for it and take a swig.

It's decent beer.

I glance over and try to eavesdrop.  OC: Just link the post to what part of the conversation I listen in on.  I'll work from there.

Idle Gossip.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Rieverre on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:That and you probably want to fuck Shaundi...

No, I want to make sweet sweet love to her under the moonlight ... _then_ I want to fuck her. Either of them. Both?

... excuse me while I'm in my happy place for a bit. ANYWAY!

Yeah, to be honest if I just wanted sex I could buy it outright here, and the _wanting_ applies to most or all of the girls on the premises. But I'm still being cagey and cautious. And a little naive.

Though you do notice an ox of a man listening in...

"Try the chilli, it's good," I say to the guy before going back to my own and chatting with the bartender. I'm going to try and get the conversation around to being about the town itself, getting the lay of the land as it were. Also, are there any boneyards nearby that haven't been picked clean? Well, other than the one I just wandered in from.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:39 am

Rieverre wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:That and you probably want to fuck Shaundi...

No, I want to make sweet sweet love to her under the moonlight ... _then_ I want to fuck her. Either of them. Both?

... excuse me while I'm in my happy place for a bit. ANYWAY!

Just remember to wash your hands... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, to be honest if I just wanted sex I could buy it outright here, and the _wanting_ applies to most or all of the girls on the premises. But I'm still being cagey and cautious. And a little naive.

Heh. Well true...

"Try the chilli, it's good," I say to the guy before going back to my own and chatting with the bartender. I'm going to try and get the conversation around to being about the town itself, getting the lay of the land as it were. Also, are there any boneyards nearby that haven't been picked clean? Well, other than the one I just wandered in from.

*COUGH* BRIAN! You're up, numbnuts! :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Psyckosama wrote:His smile grows. "End of the week..."

I give him a gimlet glare then I ask, "Is there a chance I could get a discount for staying so long?"

Whatever his answer I tell him I'll get to him tomorrow.

You really REALLY need someone who knows how to negotiate... yeesh!

NO KIDDING!

It's decent beer.

Sit and enjoy.

"Try the chilli, it's good," I say to the guy before going back to my own and chatting with the bartender. I'm going to try and get the conversation around to being about the town itself, getting the lay of the land as it were. Also, are there any boneyards nearby that haven't been picked clean? Well, other than the one I just wandered in from.

"Already did, s'real good."

Then a thought hit me.

"Hey Shaundi, d'ye think you could call yer mamma back out here, I got another proposition I wanna talk to her about."

If and when she does come out I tell her about the cattle I gotta sell as well, excellent meat steers if they were interested.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Brian Boru wrote:I give him a gimlet glare then I ask, "Is there a chance I could get a discount for staying so long?"

"You're already paid up for today. Lets talk 'bout that tomorrow..."

Whatever his answer I tell him I'll get to him tomorrow.

Well, good thing its not an issue then now is it?

NO KIDDING!

Heh.

Sit and enjoy.

Warm though.


"Hey Shaundi, d'ye think you could call yer mamma back out here, I got another proposition I wanna talk to her about."

"Ma's out on business. Be back a bit later."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Rieverre on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:39 am

Psyckosama wrote:Heh. Well true...

I finish my meal and retire for the night. True, I contemplate getting some companionship for the moment, but I don't really have enough funds right now that I can afford to not be frugal with them. Promises of future earnings are just that, promises. Once I have some more coin though ...

... actually, I'll go check on my donkey and plow attachment first, then retire. Might as well continue being practically paranoid.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum