Chapter 1: The Beginning

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter 1: The Beginning

Post by RTM on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:04 pm

Psyckosama wrote:He grunts and nods. "Got any spent brass?"

"No sir." Richard replies with an apologetic shrug, making a note to collect spent brass from guns from this point on, could probably net him some money or whatever. And more money or trade fodder could get him more resources, ammo and the like.
RTM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:12 pm

RTM wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:He grunts and nods. "Got any spent brass?"

"No sir." Richard replies with an apologetic shrug, making a note to collect spent brass from guns from this point on, could probably net him some money or whatever. And more money or trade fodder could get him more resources, ammo and the like.

"Show me them coins."

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Show me them coins."

Nodding, Richard brings out five trade coins out of an inner pocket close to his chest for Bill to inspect, it was his way of reducing the chance of getting a pick-pocket getting away with his money. The other three coins stayed in the pocket, he had to keep some in reserve, especially as he needed them for the inn he would patronize later.
RTM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 am

RTM wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:"Show me them coins."

Nodding, Richard brings out five trade coins out of an inner pocket close to his chest for Bill to inspect, it was his way of reducing the chance of getting a pick-pocket getting away with his money. The other three coins stayed in the pocket, he had to keep some in reserve, especially as he needed them for the inn he would patronize later.

The fat man carefully pulls out a set of scales and weighs them, drops them in a cup with graduated marker lines.

"Seem seems good..." he looks up. "Alright then. A dozen rounds you say? One for 12... black powder, lead tips..."

Note: Black Powder Ammunition is useable by most of the more "rudimentary" firearms like revolvers, shotguns and some manual action rifles. It's cheaper but it is harder on the weapon.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:04 am

Trader Joe mumbled his thanks and smiled almost drunkenly as he lead his horse Bob into town, towards Shaundi's.

It was time to get some work, get some money in his pockets.

Passerby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 am

Psyckosama wrote:He takes them, looks over them for a moment, then nods and you're waved through.

I bob my head in respect, "Thank y' kindly sirs."

I flick the reigns and head on to sell my wares, then see who I need to talk to about finding a girl to bring home.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:23 am

Psyckosama wrote:
RTM wrote:Nodding, Richard brings out five trade coins out of an inner pocket close to his chest for Bill to inspect, it was his way of reducing the chance of getting a pick-pocket getting away with his money. The other three coins stayed in the pocket, he had to keep some in reserve, especially as he needed them for the inn he would patronize later.

The fat man carefully pulls out a set of scales and weighs them, drops them in a cup with graduated marker lines.

"Seems good..." he looks up. "Alright then. A dozen rounds you say? One for 12... black powder, lead tips..."

Note: Black Powder Ammunition is useable by most of the more "rudimentary" firearms like revolvers, shotguns and some manual action rifles. It's cheaper but it is harder on the weapon.

"Fine with me." Richard replies with a smile and pays the shopkeeper the necessary amount of coins. One coin for twelve black powder rounds for his revolver, which to him sounded like a good trade. Still, there was one more problem. "By the way, do you sell gun maintenance kits?"
RTM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Passerby on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:50 am

There was a slouch and considering eye as Trader Joe spent a spell wandering the area towards Shaundi's. Keeping a eye out for any finical opportunities that he could take advantage of. Hopefully there was something, a knowledgeable looking sort of chap or perhaps someone that looked like they meant business. Or if all else failed, he could try a backroom sort of deal for the first few days.

Passerby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:I bob my head in respect, "Thank y' kindly sirs."

He grunts and jots down your name and waves you past.

I flick the reigns and head on to sell my wares, then see who I need to talk to about finding a girl to bring home.

Roll a Savvy + Understanding check please...

RTM wrote:"Fine with me." Richard replies with a smile and pays the shopkeeper the necessary amount of coins. One coin for twelve black powder rounds for his revolver, which to him sounded like a good trade. Still, there was one more problem. "By the way, do you sell gun maintenance kits?"

"Why indeed I do..."

He pulls out what looks like a small bottle of cooking oil, a small bottle of spirits, a metal rod, horse hair brush, a wire brush, and a metal rod...

And smiles.

You want to argue a price?

Passerby wrote:Trader Joe mumbled his thanks and smiled almost drunkenly as he lead his horse Bob into town, towards Shaundi's.

It was time to get some work, get some money in his pockets.

You make it there pretty quickly. Shaundi's seems to be built out of an old duplex house. One of the doors is board over with a large wooden sign that of course says "Shaundi's"

There was a slouch and considering eye as Trader Joe spent a spell wandering the area towards Shaundi's. Keeping a eye out for any finical opportunities that he could take advantage of. Hopefully there was something, a knowledgeable looking sort of chap or perhaps someone that looked like they meant business. Or if all else failed, he could try a backroom sort of deal for the first few days.

Savvy + Understanding please.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:He grunts and jots down your name and waves you past.

Well at least he doesn't want to harass me, thank heavens for that!

Roll a Savvy + Understanding check please...

Dice gods don't fail me now

Brian Boru carried out 2 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
5 , 1
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well at least he doesn't want to harass me, thank heavens for that!

He's on the job and you're an idiot not a bother.

Dice gods don't fail me now

"Lookin fer a girl? Well head on over to Shaundi's then. Them girls'll treat you real nice!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:19 am

Psyckosama wrote:He's on the job and you're an idiot not a bother.

Heh

"Lookin fer a girl? Well head on over to Shaundi's then. Them girls'll treat you real nice!"

Nod and head over to this, 'Shaundi's' huh must be the local matchmaker....when I find this place I walk in hat in hand and a little nervous.

OOC:GOD I FEEL SORRY FOR MY CHARACTER!
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Savvy and Understanding

Post by Passerby on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:26 am

Understanding 4
Savvy 2

Edit: 1 Success

Last edited by Passerby on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Passerby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Savvy and Understanding

Post by Dice Bot on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:26 am

The member 'Passerby' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 4, 4, 1, 4

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:06 am

Psyckosama wrote:He chuckles at the mention of "Bath"

"Shaundi's... it's right by trader's square too."

"Thank you kindly," I hold out my hand . Who should I say referred me?"

That's how these things usually go, anyway.

Whistling the bits of a pre-End song I know, something about money making the world go 'round, I amble off towards trader square with Eyesore in tow.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Psyckosama wrote:
RTM wrote:"Fine with me." Richard replies with a smile and pays the shopkeeper the necessary amount of coins. One coin for twelve black powder rounds for his revolver, which to him sounded like a good trade. Still, there was one more problem. "By the way, do you sell gun maintenance kits?"

"Why indeed I do..."

He pulls out what looks like a small bottle of cooking oil, a small bottle of spirits, a metal rod, horse hair brush, a wire brush, and a metal rod...

And smiles.

You want to argue a price?

Three-four coins was the maximum he would try to spend on the kit, Richard had decided, but since the storekeeper didn't name a price yet he would try to haggle it down. He didn't have a job yet, so his spending should be minimized as much as possible.

ROLLING: Appeal (2) + Persuade (2).
RTM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:48 pm

The member 'RTM' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 3, 3

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Dice Bot wrote:The member 'RTM' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 3, 3

God damn it. I spend one Fortune point to boost this.
RTM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:28 am

Passerby wrote:There was a slouch and considering eye as Trader Joe spent a spell wandering the area towards Shaundi's. Keeping a eye out for any finical opportunities that he could take advantage of. Hopefully there was something, a knowledgeable looking sort of chap or perhaps someone that looked like they meant business. Or if all else failed, he could try a backroom sort of deal for the first few days.

Nadda.

Brian Boru wrote:Nod and head over to this, 'Shaundi's'  huh must be the local matchmaker....when I find this place I walk in hat in hand and a little nervous.

OOC:GOD I FEEL SORRY FOR MY CHARACTER!

He walks into what looks like... well... a bar.

All of the servers are female and all of them are very pretty and not wearing much.

It stinks of tobacco and marijuana smoke and behind the bar is a very pretty girl who seems to be serving drinks and taking hits off a home made hooka.

Rieverre wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:He chuckles at the mention of "Bath"

"Shaundi's... it's right by trader's square too."

"Thank you kindly," I hold out my hand . Who should I say referred me?"

That's how these things usually go, anyway.

Whistling the bits of a pre-End song I know, something about money making the world go 'round, I amble off towards trader square with Eyesore in tow.

It's pretty much an old parking lot where you see people have set up stands. There's several other stands there, most sell junk and one of them has a pretty nice van and... well... you've ever seen so many books in your LIFE.

On the far end you also see them assembling what seems to be a stage. If you had to guess, looks like they're going to be having a slave auction.

RTM wrote:
Three-four coins was the maximum he would try to spend on the kit, Richard had decided, but since the storekeeper didn't name a price yet he would try to haggle it down. He didn't have a job yet, so his spending should be minimized as much as possible.

Two fingers are raised

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:47 am

Psyckosama wrote:He walks into what looks like... well... a bar.

Not what I was expecting....

All of the servers are female and all of them are very pretty and not wearing much.

REALLY not what I was expecting, starting to think that merchant tricked me.... and there's a big blush when I see certain things....bouncing....

It stinks of tobacco and marijuana smoke and behind the bar is a very pretty girl who seems to be serving drinks and taking hits off a home made hooka.

Trying and failing to clear the smell from my nose, I figure I could try and figure out what this place really is. I find a seat if I can, order a drink and try to figure out what this place really is mentioning my personal quest and who suggested this place.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:19 am

Psyckosama wrote:
RTM wrote:Three-four coins was the maximum he would try to spend on the kit, Richard had decided, but since the storekeeper didn't name a price yet he would try to haggle it down. He didn't have a job yet, so his spending should be minimized as much as possible.

Two fingers are raised

Nodding, Richard pays out the requisite two trade coins for the gun maintenance kit and collects it, after which he asks the shopkeep if he knows a good inn he could stay in.
RTM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 am

RTM wrote:Nodding, Richard pays out the requisite two trade coins for the gun maintenance kit and collects it, after which he asks the shopkeep if he knows a good inn he could stay in.

He grins. "Well, I'd suggest Shaundi's. They have the most fun."

Brian Boru wrote:REALLY not what I was expecting, starting to think that merchant tricked me.... and there's a big blush when I see certain things....bouncing....

Much bouncing.

You see one guy swat a girl on the ass. She giggles as they slip into the back...

Trying and failing to clear the smell from my nose, I figure I could try and figure out what this place really is. I find a seat if I can, order a drink and try to figure out what this place really is mentioning my personal quest and who suggested this place.

The girl smiles at you. "Hey, you're new here... I'm Shaundi, what's your poison?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:50 am

Psyckosama wrote:
RTM wrote:Nodding, Richard pays out the requisite two trade coins for the gun maintenance kit and collects it, after which he asks the shopkeep if he knows a good inn he could stay in.

He grins. "Well, I'd suggest Shaundi's. They have the most fun."

For a moment Richard thought of asking for an another inn as this "Shaundi's" sounded more like house for "entertainment" than an inn, but he reconsidered it. The shopkeep probably wouldn't appreciate his "prudishness" or whatever. So, after getting the directions to Shaundi's and politely thanking the shopkeep for selling to him, Richard set out to the inn while flipping on his hood as a matter of habit and to lessen the itching.

As he went towards the eponymous inn of Shaundi, he tried to estimate the time of day. Did he have enough time for questioning the locals about his parents, or would he have to retire to his room in the inn and perform some probably badly needed maintenance on his own gun?
RTM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:20 am

Psyckosama wrote:It's pretty much an old parking lot where you see people have set up stands. There's several other stands there, most sell junk and one of them has a pretty nice van and... well... you've ever seen so many books in your LIFE.

On the far end you also see them assembling what seems to be a stage. If you had to guess, looks like they're going to be having a slave auction.

The latter is mildly interesting, the former though ... books are always a good source of income, and the sheer amount of revenue sitting there ... well, it's impressive. My pace slows, then stops, as my eyes go from one spine to another, scanning what titles are still legible. And looking for whether or not they have any copies of the particular cookbooks I found in stock.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Much bouncing.

You see one guy swat a girl on the ass. She giggles as they slip into the back...

....Yup the merchant pulled a fast one....Imma gonna deck him the schnoz next time I see him. God what would mama think if she knew where I'd been.

~Shudder~

The girl smiles at you. "Hey, you're new here... I'm Shaundi, what's your poison?"

"Erm...yeah, first time of the farm...looking at the back wall I randomly point at something...gimme a shot of that..."

Yeah like that won't fail HORRIBLY....CURSE MY CHARACTER'S ILLITERACY!!! Razz 
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:28 pm

RTM wrote:For a moment Richard thought of asking for an another inn as this "Shaundi's" sounded more like house for "entertainment" than an inn, but he reconsidered it. The shopkeep probably wouldn't appreciate his "prudishness" or whatever. So, after getting the directions to Shaundi's and politely thanking the shopkeep for selling to him, Richard set out to the inn while flipping on his hood as a matter of habit and to lessen the itching.

As he went towards the eponymous inn of Shaundi, he tried to estimate the time of day. Did he have enough time for questioning the locals about his parents, or would he have to retire to his room in the inn and perform some probably badly needed maintenance on his own gun?

It's midday. See previous descriptions.

Rieverre wrote:The latter is mildly interesting, the former though ... books are always a good source of income, and the sheer amount of revenue sitting there ... well, it's impressive. My pace slows, then stops, as my eyes go from one spine to another, scanning what titles are still legible. And looking for whether or not they have any copies of the particular cookbooks I found in stock.

You don't see any copies of your cook books, but you do see that he has doubles of a number of books.

A large man with a goatee in a brightly colored floral shirt walks up to you. He has a paper umbrella in one hand and an extremely large handgun on his hip.

"Hello, sir. Something I can help you with?"

Brian Boru wrote:....Yup the merchant pulled a fast one....Imma gonna deck him the schnoz next time I see him.  God what would mama think if she knew where I'd been.  

~Shudder~

Heh.

"Erm...yeah, first time of the farm...looking at the back wall I randomly point at something...gimme a shot of that..."

Yeah like that won't fail HORRIBLY....CURSE MY CHARACTER'S ILLITERACY!!! Razz 

"You sure? That stuff ain't cheap and its not for people who aren't used to the heavy stuff."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You don't see any copies of your cook books, but you do see that he has doubles of a number of books.

A large man with a goatee in a brightly colored floral shirt walks up to you. He has a paper umbrella in one hand and an extremely large handgun on his hip.

"Hello, sir. Something I can help you with?"

"I was actually wondering whether or not I could help you with something," I say, drawing one of the cookbooks from Eyesore's packs.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"You sure? That stuff ain't cheap and its not for people who aren't used to the heavy stuff."

"Oh...." Cue more embarrased and sad dog look

"...I cain't read..." I finally mutter...
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:32 am

Rieverre wrote:"I was actually wondering whether or not I could help you with something," I say, drawing one of the cookbooks from Eyesore's packs.

"Huh. Haven't seen that one before..."

He takes the book and starts to look the over.

"Not much of a market for cookbooks, sadly. Many of the ingredients are extinct or in short supply, but I've seen people work wonders. So what else do you have?"

Brian Boru wrote:"Oh...."  Cue more embarrased and sad dog look

"...I cain't read..." I finally mutter...

"Hey, man... don't get sad." she offers you the stem of her hooka. "Come on, take a hit and relax dude."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:04 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Huh. Haven't seen that one before..."

He takes the book and starts to look the over.

"Not much of a market for cookbooks, sadly. Many of the ingredients are extinct or in short supply, but I've seen people work wonders. So what else do you have?"

"Two more where that came from. I was going to keep one on me and see if I couldn't leverage it with an innkeeper or actual cook, but I guess I could be convinced to part with the lot of it," I hedge a bit, smiling. If he makes me a good offer, well, that'll be another story and I still have that bottle of vinegar and toaster oven.

I'm not even going to mention the repair manual though.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top