Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:25 am

Rieverre wrote:That would be an amazing coincidence.

We'll see.

Excellent. We head out to the house and I have them start taking a look around for anything unusual in the area. Meanwhile, the steward and I will start by taking a look at the house itself. I ask the steward if anyone's moved anything since the smallfolk were found missing.

No he's made sure to leave the place alone so the scent isn't lost. Roll a d100 for searching around the house.

... and that's an even more amazing coincidence. How old was the older one and what did he look like?

About 10, his mother was said to have been a barmaid in the city. The boy was big for his age with black hair and handsome fe...a...tures....the stewards gets it about then.

Psyckosama wrote:"One is beyond acceptable. Three is simply proof that whomever is doing this is sloppy."

"Or I have an incredible mix of luck where they're able to keep trying while I'm able to fight my way out of them every time."

OURS IS THE FURY!!!!

Robert gives Jon a look. You swear his eyes are GLOWING RED with anger.

"I will look into it, majesty."

I start to edge away slightly.

"Yes. We couldn't have someone as lovely as yourself strapped to an alter now could we?"

I laugh at that but I edge a glance at Albar nevertheless. NEVER underestimate the power of a protective elder brother for his younger sister.

"What was that, boy? Have some Arbor! Wench! Refil my sons cups!"

You know what....screw it. My liver can handle it, so long as I don't accidentally kill Robert if he tries to pace me cup for cup I'm going to do a swilling spree.

He looks pleased.

I'm glad he's pleased I want my uncle to like me. Considering his....tendencies he's not likely to leave heirs behind.

"I love my brothers well enough, as brothers should, but Robert is a drunken whoremonger and Stannis a humorless bore. I enjoy having a relation whom I can have a proper conversation with."

"Well then I shall strive to keep you entertained." I say with a laugh.

He gives you a bewildered look. Like you're speaking funny talk.

"Let me put it this way My Prince. That sort of mentality is how Aerys ended up dead. Being brutal is all well and fine IF it's warrented but you need to know when to use it. Otherwise it loses it's effectiveness."

If THAT still results in blanks stares then I'll just try to extricate myself and see who else is here that might make for good conversation. Maybe speak with Ser Kevin Lannister, might as well try to make sure there's no ill-will anywhere between me and the extended Lannister clan.

Edd

"I'm on the whole a man whom on a personal level is fast to forgive. I have little concern for personal insults. My ego is not in any way delicate and I like to believe that my honor can stand on its own merits without me having to avenge every petty slight. I don't forget, but obsessing over petty nonsense will drive even the most stalwart man to distraction."

I pause, "My sense of right and wrong... my mortality on the other hard... it's an absolute. lf someone realizes the error of their ways, I'll be quick to grant mercy, even forgive the truly repentant. But I will not forget, and those whose actions have been so base as to render them unforgivable? Examples must be made of those who cross the line into true depravity. Killing them is merely the first step in ending their lives..."

He seems quite impressed. "Remind me never to get on your bad side and at your mercy."

"I was raised on a mountain for fucks sake. Gods! The humidity is unnatural."

"Are you joking lad? After Dorne I would have thought some moisture would do you good."

I smile.

Right then...detour to Tarth...

Roll a d100

"All I ask. Well, that and kick arse. Always kick arse."

"Oh that can go without saying."

"Maybe I should make discovering the lost history of westeros my passion... so, you're the king..."

We can handle this while moving on.

Right then....a Maester specializing in First Man artifacts is immediately called for with instruction to tell your party exactly what is in the barrow the moment he has a summary of what is in it.

Onwards to Tarth.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:48 am

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
"Or I have an incredible mix of luck where they're able to keep trying while I'm able to fight my way out of them every time."[/quote]

"An intelligent assassin does not simply keep trying."

I start to edge away slightly.

"Is something the matter, boy?"

I laugh at that but I edge a glance at Albar nevertheless.  NEVER underestimate the power of a protective elder brother for his younger sister.

He laughs.

You know what....screw it.  My liver can handle it, so long as I don't accidentally kill Robert if he tries to pace me cup for cup I'm going to do a swilling spree.

He seems to applaud your drinking. Stannis does not approve but he remains silent.

Tyrion on the otherhand does look amused. "You can drink a keg of arbor and keep your wits, you own half the brothels in Kings Landing, and the very sight of you infuriates my sister beyond reason. We should become friends, you and I."

I'm glad he's pleased I want my uncle to like me.  Considering his....tendencies he's not likely to leave heirs behind.

Heh. Well, good then.

"Well then I shall strive to keep you entertained."  I say with a laugh.

"And I will attempt to give you a relation worth talking to as well. So introduce me to your sister!"

"Let me put it this way My Prince.  That sort of mentality is how Aerys ended up dead.  Being brutal is all well and fine IF it's warrented but you need to know when to use it.  Otherwise it loses it's effectiveness."  

"Aerys was a weakling and his son and effeminate rapist."

If THAT still results in blanks stares then I'll just try to extricate myself and see who else is here that might make for good conversation.  Maybe speak with Ser Kevin Lannister, might as well try to make sure there's no ill-will anywhere between me and the extended Lannister clan.

No, just a refusal to listen.

Edd

He seems quite impressed.  "Remind me never to get on your bad side and at your mercy."

"At my mercy isn't the worst place to be. It's beyond my mercy that is the dark place. And you my friend, are a good man all things considered. Far from a saint, but in these day and this age, who is? All you can do is try your best and live by a code, and I believe you do. It might not be entirely the one society demands of you, but you have your own sense of right, your own sense of wrong, and you follow it in both word and action... and in the end, that is what matters most."

I smile warmly.

"Are you joking lad?  After Dorne I would have thought some moisture would do you good."

"I don't mind a dry heat. This moister is just bloody uncomfortable."

Right then...detour to Tarth...

Roll a d100

Wouldn't tarth come later? O.o

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

"Oh that can go without saying."

I laugh. "You are wise and wonderful women."

Right then....a Maester specializing in First Man artifacts is immediately called for with instruction to tell your party exactly what is in the barrow the moment he has a summary of what is in it.

Onwards to Tarth.

Any magical weapons and everything is cataloged in fINE detail.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:No he's made sure to leave the place alone so the scent isn't lost.  Roll a d100 for searching around the house.

rolling

About 10, his mother was said to have been a barmaid in the city.  The boy was big for his age with black hair and handsome fe...a...tures....the stewards gets it about then.

Won't know until and unless we find them/him, but the steward's reaction is telling.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:36 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 58

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:40 am

Psyckosama wrote:"An intelligent assassin does not simply keep trying."

Point.

"Is something the matter, boy?"

"If something starts flying through the air I'd rather be out of range."

He seems to applaud your drinking. Stannis does not approve but he remains silent.

"So long as I can keep walking in a straight line afterwards it isn't overindulging."

Tyrion on the otherhand does look amused. "You can drink a keg of arbor and keep your wits, you own half the brothels in Kings Landing, and the very sight of you infuriates my sister beyond reason. We should become friends, you and I."

I laugh in response.

"I've always had an absurd tolerance to spirits. Not sure why but there you go. I honestly didn't think the odds were so extreme when I made those bets. And finally from what I've seen and heard the only thing one that can do that is easier than infuriating the queen is breathing, her grace seem to have some pent up rage issues. I'd suggest hitting stuff but them I'm a bastard and man, what know I of the unfathomable mind of a highborn woman."

I look him over, "So you're Tyrion Lannister? Second son of Lord Tywin Lannister of the Rock? Pleased to make you acquaintance. I hope you're not upset about what I did to your brother out on the lists today. My horse has a mind of his own sometimes and he gets...offended when people insult him." I mention the insane shit that horse has done since I won him.

Then I ask him if he'd be willing to give be a helping hand with something....as he mentioned I've become the proprietor of a large number of...business...and I'd like a someone of his....familiarity with said...business....I'd be a blithering idiot if I examined said...businesses....and someone with a brain and not blushing at the...business...would be appreciated....at this point I'm likely trailing off like a damn idiot slathered with awkwardness...

Heh. Well, good then.

Heh

"And I will attempt to give you a relation worth talking to as well. So introduce me to your sister!"

"Very well then."

Once able I'll take her over to Mya, "Uncle, my sister Mya stone. Other than my master, the only person alive who's gotten away with kicking my tail."

"Mya, Lord Renly Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands, and Master of laws....and our uncle to boot."

"Aerys was a weakling and his son and effeminate rapist."

"And Maegor ended up dead, killed by his father's thrown, can you say HE was weak?"

No, just a refusal to listen.

Eargh...

Edd

"At my mercy isn't the worst place to be. It's beyond my mercy that is the dark place. And you my friend, are a good man all things considered. Far from a saint, but in these day and this age, who is? All you can do is try your best and live by a code, and I believe you do. It might not be entirely the one society demands of you, but you have your own sense of right, your own sense of wrong, and you follow it in both word and action... and in the end, that is what matters most."

I smile warmly.

"Interesting lad."

"I don't mind a dry heat. This moister is just bloody uncomfortable."

"Feh, I felt I was being baked like a bloody loaf of bread the entire time."

Wouldn't tarth come later? O.o

Later then I'll just save this.

I laugh. "You are wise and wonderful women."

"I'm glad you recognize such."

Any magical weapons and everything is cataloged in fINE detail.

Maybe not magical but the Maesters are salivating over the runes on the stone. Do you know how RARE it is to find old Stormland First men Runes that weren't carved on a tree?

Rieverre wrote:Won't know until and unless we find them/him, but the steward's reaction is telling.

"Should we send a message to King's Landing?"

Well there was a sign of a fight and some blood could be seen though not enough to kill anyone, but the tracks are a bit hard to follow unless one is a hunter. Once the dogs are brought though, they manage to find a trail quickly enough leading further away from the city and towards the Kingswood.

Roll a d100 for the tracking.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:49 am

Brian Boru wrote:"If something starts flying through the air I'd rather be out of range."

*grunt*

"So long as I can keep walking in a straight line afterwards it isn't overindulging."

He frowns. Though you think that's his default appearance.

And he seems to be drinking his wine watered.

I laugh in response.

The ugly little imp grins.

"I've always had an absurd tolerance to spirits. Not sure why but there you go.

"Tis a blessing of the 7, I assure you..."

I honestly didn't think the odds were so extreme when I made those bets.

"But you still would have made them wouldn't you?"

He grins. "I made a small sum off you myself. Had a very enjoyable night on your account. Though considering everything, that gold probably went straight to your pocket so whence it came, it shall return."

And finally from what I've seen and heard the only thing one that can do that is easier than infuriating the queen is breathing, her grace seem to have some pent up rage issues. I'd suggest hitting stuff but them I'm a bastard and man, what know I of the unfathomable mind of a highborn woman."  

"Oh, it's simply Cersei. She tends to be that way when she's not getting exactly what she wants when she wants it without question or delay."

I look him over, "So you're Tyrion Lannister?  Second son of Lord Tywin Lannister of the Rock?  Pleased to make you acquaintance.  I hope you're not upset about what I did to your brother out on the lists today.  My horse has a mind of his own sometimes and he gets...offended when people insult him."  I mention the insane shit that horse has done since I won him.

"As much as I love my brother..." He sighs, "I must admit, he did have that coming. He's a good, kind, honorable man and a warrior of great talents... but sometimes his ego gets the best of him." he glances at the empty queens throne, "And my sister always seems to bring our the worst in him."

Then I ask him if he'd be willing to give be a helping hand with something....as he mentioned I've become the proprietor of a large number of...business...and I'd like a someone of his....familiarity with said...business....I'd be a blithering idiot if I examined said...businesses....and someone with a brain and not blushing at the...business...would be appreciated....at this point I'm likely trailing off like a damn idiot slathered with awkwardness...

A smile slowly spreads across his face and you have the feeling he could all but kiss you. "Cut me in for a fair percentage of the profits and..." he smirks, "and not only will I... make sure to regularly examine the the premises in the most... exacting detail... to ensure that the utmost standards of quality are followed and maintained," his smile at this point couldn't get larger if you slit his throat, "But I will happily see that the day to day is managed properly..."

"Very well then."

Once able I'll take her over to Mya, "Uncle, my sister Mya stone.  Other than my master, the only person alive who's gotten away with kicking my tail."

"Mya, Lord Renly Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands, and Master of laws....and our uncle to boot."

She smiles and curtsies. He laughs. "No need for that, we're blood, my dear girl and that counts for much. So, tell me about yourself and your rogue of a brother. Though start with yourself. Lovely as the maiden, but fierce as the warrior. I hardly can say which of you is more interesting..."

She smirks and you see a playful glint in her eyes. "That would be me, Duran here is pretty much what you see is what you get..."

He laughs. "And humble to boot!"

"And Maegor ended up dead, killed by his father's thrown, can you say HE was weak?"

"He was an abomination of incest."

Edd

"Interesting lad."

"I try."

"Feh, I felt I was being baked like a bloody loaf of bread the entire time."

I glance over at where Obara is standing and mutter, "Well, you were doing plenty of rising now weren't you old man..."

"I'm glad you recognize such."

"I have an eye for talent," I smile at Obara, "And I'd like to thank you. You bring the best out in my father. He seems happy around you. Thank you."

Maybe not magical but the Maesters are salivating over the runes on the stone.  Do you know how RARE it is to find old Stormland First men Runes that weren't carved on a tree?

No, but I do now. Rubbings!

So what now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:43 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Should we send a message to King's Landing?"

"If we don't find them I can always deliver one in person and make sure it doesn't get conveniently lost on the way somewhere."

Well there was a sign of a fight and some blood could be seen though not enough to kill anyone, but the tracks are a bit hard to follow unless one is a hunter.  Once the dogs are brought though, they manage to find a trail quickly enough leading further away from the city and towards the Kingswood.

Roll a d100 for the tracking.

rolling
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:43 am

'd100' : 69

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:05 am

Psyckosama wrote:*grunt*

Heh

He frowns. Though you think that's his default appearance.

And he seems to be drinking his wine watered.

"Then again, I've got a liver that I'm convinced could process strangler without trouble so I may not be the best example to measure by."

The ugly little imp grins.

Heh

"Tis a blessing of the 7, I assure you..."

"On the otherhand never been truly drunk a day in my life....or had a hangover..."

"But you still would have made them wouldn't you?"

"Of course, if you're going to bet in something you're competing in, might as well bet on yourself. Gives you some POWERFUL motivation I find."

He grins. "I made a small sum off you myself. Had a very enjoyable night on your account. Though considering everything, that gold probably went straight to your pocket so whence it came, it shall return."

I chuckle at that.

"Oh, it's simply Cersei. She tends to be that way when she's not getting exactly what she wants when she wants it without question or delay."

"When one is queen or Tywin's daughter I can't imagine it happening that often...might be a good experience for her. Building character and all that...."

"As much as I love my brother..." He sighs, "I must admit, he did have that coming. He's a good, kind, honorable man and a warrior of great talents... but sometimes his ego gets the best of him." he glances at the empty queens throne, "And my sister always seems to bring our the worst in him."

"There's always someone who does that to everyone."

A smile slowly spreads across his face and you have the feeling he could all but kiss you. "Cut me in for a fair percentage of the profits and..." he smirks, "and not only will I... make sure to regularly examine the the premises in the most... exacting detail... to ensure that the utmost standards of quality are followed and maintained," his smile at this point couldn't get larger if you slit his throat, "But I will happily see that the day to day is managed properly..."

I raise an eyebrow at that. "Not that I wouldn't appreciate it, but wouldn't your family....have issues with that? If they don't then by all means welcome aboard because I'm as lost as a blind man trying to guide a ship through a hail-storm."

She smiles and curtsies. He laughs. "No need for that, we're blood, my dear girl and that counts for much. So, tell me about yourself and your rogue of a brother. Though start with yourself. Lovely as the maiden, but fierce as the warrior. I hardly can say which of you is more interesting..."

She smirks and you see a playful glint in her eyes. "That would be me, Duran here is pretty much what you see is what you get..."

He laughs. "And humble to boot!"

"Hah, she's a real wild-cat. Don't let that dress and sweet demeanor fool you. I never had to smack around the other lads in the Vale as much as you'd think. Mostly because she had them in a bloody heap before I got to them. Seemed cruel to add anything else to it."

"He was an abomination of incest."

And I'm done. Excuse myself as quickly as I can and move on. The experiment is a failure, time to move on.

Edd

I glance over at where Obara is standing and mutter, "Well, you were doing plenty of rising now weren't you old man..."

That sets him laughing like thunder.

"I have an eye for talent," I smile at Obara, "And I'd like to thank you. You bring the best out in my father. He seems happy around you. Thank you."

"He's...not what I expected...and to be honest he loves the Lannisters no more than any of my family....we have an...understanding...."

No, but I do now. Rubbings!

So what now?

Onwards to Storm's End.

It's a big of a slog going through the thick forests and rain. But eventually you reach the massive stone drum that is Storm's End. You glance at Robert and an elated look spreads across his face. Like the man has come home, which in a way he has.

Obara and Arriane don't seem as impressed. "Rather plain isn't it?" The latter comments.

Rieverre wrote:"If we don't find them I can always deliver one in person and make sure it doesn't get conveniently lost on the way somewhere."

He bows his head, "As you wish m'lord."

Well it's extremely late in the evening when you reach a large hill that had been left alone by people. It's on the edge of your personal holdings but you should be able to head into the small wood and find the missing family, without someone complaining that you're tresspassing. The dogs are convinced that your target is in there somewhere. How do you want to do this?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Then again, I've got a liver that I'm convinced could process strangler without trouble so I may not be the best example to measure by."

You sure you want to say that? Someone might hold you to it... like the queen."

"On the otherhand never been truly drunk a day in my life...

He looks aghast. "You poor boy..."

or had a hangover..."

"You lucky bastard..."

"Of course, if you're going to bet in something you're competing in, might as well bet on yourself.  Gives you some POWERFUL motivation I find."

"Ha!" he laughs. "Too true. A man who isn't willing to bet on himself should bother trying."

I chuckle at that.

He smirks.

"When one is queen or Tywin's daughter I can't imagine it happening that often...might be a good experience for her. Building character and all that...."

His face becomes a little colder. "That is very much the truth..."

"There's always someone who does that to everyone."

"And does your sister do the same? It's not a twin thing I hope."

I raise an eyebrow at that.  "Not that I wouldn't appreciate it, but wouldn't your family....have issues with that?  If they don't then by all means welcome aboard because I'm as lost as a blind man trying to guide a ship through a hail-storm."

"Oh, that's half the fun... The other half is whores." he smiles. "And when you're not talented in a skill, find someone who is."

"Hah, she's a real wild-cat.  Don't let that dress and sweet demeanor fool you.  I never had to smack around the other lads in the Vale as much as you'd think.  Mostly because she had them in a bloody heap before I got to them.  Seemed cruel to add anything else to it."

He laughs. "Maybe I should knight you where my brother didn't then. Would surely put my bannermen into a tizzy. Though maybe I should make my my bodyguard hmmm? I've never been one for big ugly imposing brutes and you're about as far from that as one can get in this life. I think one should try and spend his life surrounded by beauty and song."

And I'm done.  Excuse myself as quickly as I can and move on.  The experiment is a failure, time to move on.

He looks confused. And maybe a bit annoyed.

What now?

Edd

That sets him laughing like thunder.

I laugh with him.

"He's...not what I expected...and to be honest he loves the Lannisters no more than any of my family....we have an...understanding...."

"I doubt even the Lannisters have a love for the Lannisters at this point. It's funny. I wonder how history will judge them. Tyget was a kind man who was made a laughing stock by the cruel and ambitious. Tywin is a cruel and ambitious man who seemingly made it his life's mission to make his house the most loathed in the whole of Westeros. Which will be seen more harshly?"

It's a big of a slog going through the thick forests and rain.  But eventually you reach the massive stone drum that is Storm's End.  You glance at Robert and an elated look spreads across his face.  Like the man has come home, which in a way he has.

I shrug. "How long has it been?"

Obara and Arriane don't seem as impressed.  "Rather plain isn't it?"  The latter comments.

"It's a fortress, not a palace," I point out, "The reality seems to the more attractive a castle is, the less worthy a fortress it makes. Remember, it might not be much to look at but these stones were placed by Bran the Builder himself..." I pause then admit, "But having seen winterfel and the wall, this seems to be the least... inspired of his works."

So, stannis?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:10 am

Psyckosama wrote:You sure you want to say that? Someone might hold you to it... like the queen."

Point.

He looks aghast. "You poor boy..."

"You lucky bastard..."

I can't help it, I laugh....we seem to be laughing alot aren't we?

"Ha!" he laughs. "Too true. A man who isn't willing to bet on himself should bother trying."

"Agreed."

His face becomes a little colder. "That is very much the truth..."

And now I dun goofed.

"And does your sister do the same? It's not a twin thing I hope."

"Nothing like that."

"Oh, that's half the fun... The other half is whores." he smiles. "And when you're not talented in a skill, find someone who is."

"Then let this be the start of a great partnership."  I offer my hand.

He laughs. "Maybe I should knight you where my brother didn't then. Would surely put my bannermen into a tizzy. Though maybe I should make my my bodyguard hmmm? I've never been one for big ugly imposing brutes and you're about as far from that as one can get in this life. I think one should try and spend his life surrounded by beauty and song."

"If you feel she deserves it then I heartily support it.  She fought like a wildcat out there.  And there's plenty of steel under the beauty, and you'll need that if the need ever arises."

He looks confused. And maybe a bit annoyed.

What now?

There anyone else curious to meet me?  Otherwise I just wander a bit.

Edd

"I doubt even the Lannisters have a love for the Lannisters at this point. It's funny. I wonder how history will judge them. Tyget was a kind man who was made a laughing stock by the cruel and ambitious. Tywin is a cruel and ambitious man who seemingly made it his life's mission to make his house the most loathed in the whole of Westeros. Which will be seen more harshly?"

"Who honestly cares.  Their name is tarnished for generations now.  All is right with the world."

I shrug. "How long has it been?"

"Years lad."

"It's a fortress, not a palace," I point out, "The reality seems to the more attractive a castle is, the less worthy a fortress it makes. Remember, it might not be much to look at but these stones were placed by Bran the Builder himself..." I pause then admit, "But having seen winterfel and the wall, this seems to be the least... inspired of his works."

"Well they DO say he was a little boy at the time..."  That sets off some giggles there.

So, stannis?

Stannis actually rides out himself to meet the royal procession, along with his wife.....while not an eyesore, she isn't a great beauty, that sour demeanor doesn't help either...you'd think getting Storm's End and the Stormlands would brighten her mood after being lady of Dragonstone.

Controlling yourself you go through the regular rituals of greeting.  Robert seems confused when Stannis turns to lead your party to Storm's End, from what you can tell.  The only real difference is that there is a VERY slight lightness to his demeanor that wasn't there before.  Might have something to do with it.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:40 am

Brian Boru wrote:I can't help it, I laugh....we seem to be laughing alot aren't we?

Half the wine, half the fact Tyrion is charming as hell for a deformed midget.

And now I dun goofed.

It's not directed at you. Just at life in general. A spot of bittnerness.

"Nothing like that."

He raises an eyebrow. "That statement was strangely frantic..."

He takes it. And you feel hands on your shoulder. "So what is this lad, making friends with the imp?"

Tyrion nods. "Majesty."

"So, half man... made the 8 lately?"

"No, but I won a fair bit of coin off your son and decided to celebrate by making it an event. Yesterday was Dorne. Tomorrow, the Reach."

He laughs. "Making your way north I see!"

"A talented warrior always plans his conquests carefully."

"Well, a toast to the little general then!"

"If you feel she deserves it then I heartily support it.  She fought like a wildcat out there.  And there's plenty of steel under the beauty, and you'll need that if the need ever arises."

"I'm still learning," she admits, blushing a bit.

"Aren't we all?" he asks with a laugh.

There anyone else curious to meet me?  Otherwise I just wander a bit.

"So, you're my brother's oldest bastard..."

It's stannis. You can feel him just sucking the fun from the room. He really is the Death of the Party.

Edd

"Who honestly cares.  Their name is tarnished for generations now.  All is right with the world."

I shrug. "For generations, maybe, but the emotional impact is often lost in progression of history. One day we'll be but words on a page. What those words say counts for more than many would like to admit."

"Years lad."

"Hm. Maybe you should visit more often. I doubt stannis would begridge you too badly. After all, you've finely given him what he wanted most..." I look over, "Though what possessed you to marry him to his wife? Seriously, father, that was just... mean."

"Well they DO say he was a little boy at the time..."  That sets off some giggles there.

I chuckle with them.

Stannis actually rides out himself to meet the royal procession, along with his wife.....while not an eyesore, she isn't a great beauty, that sour demeanor doesn't help either...you'd think getting Storm's End and the Stormlands would brighten her mood after being lady of Dragonstone.

On the way back I mutter to Bella and the Dornish girls. "You think you could do anything to help her? Make up? Fashions? A new hair cut? A facial wax?"

More often than not, careful grooming can mean a lot. Bella especially would know that as a lot of being a whore is making yourself look as appealing as possible.

And Stannis needs heirs.

Controlling yourself you go through the regular rituals of greeting.  Robert seems confused when Stannis turns to lead your party to Storm's End, from what you can tell.  The only real difference is that there is a VERY slight lightness to his demeanor that wasn't there before.  Might have something to do with it.

I whisper to Robert. "Your brother is happy."

"Uncle, your new holdings seem to suit you. I take it the change in fief went smoothly and without complaint?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:13 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well it's extremely late in the evening when you reach a large hill that had been left alone by people.  It's on the edge of your personal holdings but you should be able to head into the small wood and find the missing family, without someone complaining that you're tresspassing.  The dogs are convinced that your target is in there somewhere.  How do you want to do this?

Whose lands are these we're going into anyway? Because, yeah, we're going in. Quickly but with enough discretion to not spook whoever it is we might find at the end of this trail, if possible anyway. Though I make a note to keep an eye out for convenient interruptions by the local lord's garrison who shoot first, ask questions later, and claim we're poachers. Fortunately chances of that happening on accident aren't too high, because what kind of poachers bring hunting dogs?
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:Half the wine, half the fact Tyrion is charming as hell for a deformed midget.

I meant in this game but that works to.

It's not directed at you. Just at life in general. A spot of bittnerness.

"Well if you can't laugh at life then you can only cry and who wants to do that eh?"

He raises an eyebrow. "That statement was strangely frantic..."

He takes it. And you feel hands on your shoulder. "So what is this lad, making friends with the imp?"

Tyrion nods. "Majesty."

I nod as well, "Father."

"So, half man... made the 8 lately?"

"No, but I won a fair bit of coin off your son and decided to celebrate by making it an event. Yesterday was Dorne. Tomorrow, the Reach."

He laughs. "Making your way north I see!"

"A talented warrior always plans his conquests carefully."

"Well, a toast to the little general then!"

"And I might be getting a good chunk of that coin considering in the process of betting myself...I seem to have accidentally won half the whore-house in the city....at least....still trying to count and track them down at the moment..."

"I'm still learning," she admits, blushing a bit.

"Aren't we all?" he asks with a laugh.

"Which just means there is nowhere to go but up eh?"

"So, you're my brother's oldest bastard..."

It's stannis. You can feel him just sucking the fun from the room. He really is the Death of the Party.

Calm, straight-faced, if there's booze in my hand I put it aside.

I give a respectful but quick bow. "Lord Stannis. An honor to meet you milord. Yes I'm Durren Stone of the Gate of the Moon."

Edd

I shrug. "For generations, maybe, but the emotional impact is often lost in progression of history. One day we'll be but words on a page. What those words say counts for more than many would like to admit."

"And the words will say he raised a pair of incestual fools and traitors."

"Hm. Maybe you should visit more often. I doubt stannis would begrudge you too badly. After all, you've finely given him what he wanted most..." I look over, "Though what possessed you to marry him to his wife? Seriously, father, that was just... mean."

He shrugged, "I was drunk, the Florents were miffed....it seemed like a good idea at the time."

On the way back I mutter to Bella and the Dornish girls. "You think you could do anything to help her? Make up? Fashions? A new hair cut? A facial wax?"

More often than not, careful grooming can mean a lot. Bella especially would know that as a lot of being a whore is making yourself look as appealing as possible.

And Stannis needs heirs.

They look her over and say they MIGHT know someone in the caravan.

I whisper to Robert. "Your brother is happy."

He stares at you like you grew another head for an instant but glances back seemingly accepting being the only possible answer.

"Uncle, your new holdings seem to suit you. I take it the change in fief went smoothly and without complaint?"

Stannis seems to actually stumble over his words when he speaks. "Yes. The Stormlords have apparently remembered how I held my ground during siege. I'm rather...surprised that they have considering Renly had been their lord for so long."

He brings you into Storm's End where many of the older fighting men seem to cheer for the king and his brother, apparently many of them had either marched with the king or had suffered during the siege.

A feast is laid out and while it doesn't have the same exoticness of Dorne the fair is simple hearty and honest. Stannis ALMOST seems like he's satisfied where he's at.

The Dornish women seem a bit put out. Particularly Arriane. Though Obarra is glaring knives at the Stormlanders, mostly Marchlords (who have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG history of hostility with Dornish men), who seem....upset with how close she and the king are.

Rieverre wrote:Whose lands are these we're going into anyway? Because, yeah, we're going in. Quickly but with enough discretion to not spook whoever it is we might find at the end of this trail, if possible anyway. Though I make a note to keep an eye out for convenient interruptions by the local lord's garrison who shoot first, ask questions later, and claim we're poachers. Fortunately chances of that happening on accident aren't too high, because what kind of poachers bring hunting dogs?

It's your land just on the border.

Well into the wooded hill you go. The brush is incredibly thick and you imagine this is normally an ideal refuge for local wildlife. As you head further and further up...roll a d100.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:I meant in this game but that works to.

And my point stands. The man is like a nuclear reactor powered by wine and whores.

"Well if you can't laugh at life then you can only cry and who wants to do that eh?"

"Ah yes, the bastard's due." he lifts a goblet to you. "I envy you my friend. To their fathers, all dwarves are bastards. So in that I guess we stand together."

I nod as well, "Father."

He smiles and nods to you too.

"And I might be getting a good chunk of that coin considering in the process of betting myself...I seem to have accidentally won half the whore-house in the city....at least....still trying to count and track them down at the moment..."

"About that... would you mind granting a family discount?"

"Which just means there is nowhere to go but up eh?"

A laugh. "I'm sure that by the time she's considered a woman proper she'll be smacking around kings guard like her brother."

"You're too kind m'..."

"Renly. Or Uncle Renly. You are kin, and I hear m'lord so often I might start to forget my own name."

I give a respectful but quick bow.  "Lord Stannis.  An honor to meet you milord.  Yes I'm Durren Stone of the Gate of the Moon."

"You're capable. Though this business I hear about brothers is disheartening. But you are capable. That at least is good. Behave honorably and we will have no quarrel."

Edd

"And the words will say he raised a pair of incestual fools and traitors."

"He'll also be remembered as a heartless, cruel, dishonorable traitor in his own right. I expect him to be remembered as one of the villains of history. He's feared by many, and hated by most of the same, but they dare not speak up for fear of his wrath. Once he's passed though, I expect the pens to be most vigorous and scathing in their recriminations."

He shrugged, "I was drunk, the Florents were miffed....it seemed like a good idea at the time."

"No more decisions of state when you're drink. Please."

They look her over and say they MIGHT know someone in the caravan.

"Thank you."

He stares at you like you grew another head for an instant but glances back seemingly accepting being the only possible answer.

"Now only if we travel back in time and convince you to betroth him to a woman more fair than his horse."

Stannis seems to actually stumble over his words when he speaks. "Yes. The Stormlords have apparently remembered how I held my ground during siege.  I'm rather...surprised that they have considering Renly had been their lord for so long."

"That's most pleasing to me. Both the serenity of the realm and the happiness of my kindred are important to me. The realm is peaceful and well managed and you seem to be pleased. This is a fine thing indeed."

He can probably tell that I'm serious. He's my kin, and I want to see him happy.

He brings you into Storm's End where many of the older fighting men seem to cheer for the king and his brother, apparently many of them had either marched with the king or had suffered during the siege.

I smile, ride between the two of them, whisper "bare with me" then raise both their arms.

A feast is laid out and while it doesn't have the same exoticness of Dorne the fair is simple hearty and honest.  Stannis ALMOST seems like he's satisfied where he's at.

Very good. I comment to him I appreciate his taste in feasts. Good, hearty fair without trying to show off. A good, honest meal. He has my thanks.

The Dornish women seem a bit put out.

I try and relax them a bit.

Particularly Arriane.

I ask if there's any way I can put her at ease.

Though Obarra is glaring knives at the Stormlanders, mostly Marchlords (who have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG history of hostility with Dornish men), who seem....upset with how close she and the king are.

I whisper to her "Ignore them. They're not worth getting in a bother over..."

One thing I will do later on is I want to speak to King Robert, Stannis, and Ser Darvos about the navy.

I have a couple ideas I'd like to vet with them.

But they boil down to this.

How capable are our captains? Ser Darvos as a seaman would know more than most and Stannis is a devil on the waves.

Reason I'm asking is most captains are knights and as knights are primarily trained for land warfare I'm just wondering how well they translate. The reason is I had an idea. Even if our captains are good, a sword can always be made sharper.

Sea Squires. Squire boys to the captains of ships to learn the Seamans trade. They can serve as low ranking officers and encourage a greater degree of professionalism in the fleet. It might not change things now, but in 20 years we'd be looking at a crop of new commander who literally came of age on the deck of a ship...

AKA: The British Royal Navy Midshipman's program.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:04 am

Brian Boru wrote:It's your land just on the border.  

Well into the wooded hill you go.  The brush is incredibly thick and you imagine this is normally an ideal refuge for local wildlife.  As you head further and further up...roll a d100.

On one hand, tough going. On the other, this much underbrush means an easier time to figure out which way they went, what with branches and bushes having been disturbed and possibly broken.

Well, keep on truckin' ... er, tracking.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:04 am

'd100' : 100

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:00 am

Psyckosama wrote:And my point stands. The man is like a nuclear reactor powered by wine and whores.

Heh

"Ah yes, the bastard's due." he lifts a goblet to you. "I envy you my friend. To their fathers, all dwarves are bastards. So in that I guess we stand together."

I clink glasses with him.

"About that... would you mind granting a family discount?"

I give him a look, "unless you're going through a baker's dozen a blow, are you really going to need a discount."

A laugh. "I'm sure that by the time she's considered a woman proper she'll be smacking around kings guard like her brother."

"You're too kind m'..."

"Renly. Or Uncle Renly. You are kin, and I hear m'lord so often I might start to forget my own name."

"Well then, Uncle Renly it is...has a nice ring to it don't you think Mya?"

"You're capable. Though this business I hear about brothers is disheartening. But you are capable. That at least is good. Behave honorably and we will have no quarrel."

I nod respectfully, "You have my word Milord that I will give my all to that endeavor."

Edd

"He'll also be remembered as a heartless, cruel, dishonorable traitor in his own right. I expect him to be remembered as one of the villains of history. He's feared by many, and hated by most of the same, but they dare not speak up for fear of his wrath. Once he's passed though, I expect the pens to be most vigorous and scathing in their recriminations."

"I hope I live long enough to see them."

"No more decisions of state when you're drink. Please."

"I learned that lesson NOW, but ...this is now and that was then...."

"Now only if we travel back in time and convince you to betroth him to a woman more fair than his horse."

He has to bite his lips to keep from busting a gut right then and there....the fact that he tried to hide it shows he's apparently learning tack....when did he pick THAT up?

"That's most pleasing to me. Both the serenity of the realm and the happiness of my kindred are important to me. The realm is peaceful and well managed and you seem to be pleased. This is a fine thing indeed."

He can probably tell that I'm serious. He's my kin, and I want to see him happy.

A terse nod but you get the feeling he's...satisfied....happy might be beyond him.

I smile, ride between the two of them, whisper "bare with me" then raise both their arms.

They let you do so and the cheering is all the louder.

Very good. I comment to him I appreciate his taste in feasts. Good, hearty fair without trying to show off. A good, honest meal. He has my thanks.

He nods in return. Again, face like wood but he isn't grinding his teeth.

I try and relax them a bit.

As in the food is monstrously bland and they feel bloated just looking at it.

I ask if there's any way I can put her at ease.

See above.

I whisper to her "Ignore them. They're not worth getting in a bother over..."

One thing I will do later on is I want to speak to King Robert, Stannis, and Ser Darvos about the navy.

I have a couple ideas I'd like to vet with them.

But they boil down to this.

How capable are our captains? Ser Darvos as a seaman would know more than most and Stannis is a devil on the waves.

"Some are capable, most are...earnest...and that's about all that is going for them. Some don't even have that. I've met some of those before. They feel that a horse is the only proper place for them and they feel that they were banished there. Not many, but some."

Reason I'm asking is most captains are knights and as knights are primarily trained for land warfare I'm just wondering how well they translate. The reason is I had an idea. Even if our captains are good, a sword can always be made sharper.

See above.

Sea Squires. Squire boys to the captains of ships to learn the Seamans trade. They can serve as low ranking officers and encourage a greater degree of professionalism in the fleet. It might not change things now, but in 20 years we'd be looking at a crop of new commander who literally came of age on the deck of a ship...

AKA: The British Royal Navy Midshipman's program.[/quote]

Robert actually likes the idea of sea squires. Stannis, with his experience in sea battles can see the value of training them young. While Davos is unsure but having captains who know what they are doing is always a positive.

Rieverre wrote:On one hand, tough going. On the other, this much underbrush means an easier time to figure out which way they went, what with branches and bushes having been disturbed and possibly broken.

Well, keep on truckin' ... er, tracking.

After a while a rancid smell hits your nose, you've smelled this before. It's the smell of carnage of guts and blood and shit and piss....something or someone rather, has died up here....messily....

Lifting one final branch you find the family...what is left of them. They're dead, all of them. And they died slow and painfully. Blood and other viscera is splattered across the small clearing. The grown man was castrated, his organ stuffed elsewhere on his person and his neck snapped by hanging. The woman, was also carved to pieces, her body barely recognizable after whoever had caught her, had their way with her, but the mutilation was entirely unnecessary. The boys, two of them, aged 4 and 8 you guess...their little bodies were hanging from a single branch. They occasionally bumped into each other. The older one's face hits you particularly hard....it was one you saw every time you saw your face in the reflection of a polished piece of metal or a smooth body of water. You're too late...far, far too late.

Before you can process it all, the scent of smoke breaks through the gore. Turning your head, you see a pillar of smoke rising from...your HOME! This was all a ruse to lead you away while whoever did this could attack your home and people. MYA AND MYRANDA ARE THERE!

You almost feel weak at this point....it is NOT a feeling you're used to.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:29 am

Brian Boru wrote:I clink glasses with him.

You have the feeling this is the beginning of a long friendship. Though maybe not a very tall one.

I give him a look, "unless you're going through a baker's dozen a blow, are you really going to need a discount."

He raises an eyebrow. "That a challenge, boy?"

"Well then, Uncle Renly it is...has a nice ring to it don't you think Mya?"

She smiles and nods.

"Wonderful! Wonderful!" he grins and laughs.

I nod respectfully, "You have my word Milord that I will give my all to that endeavor."

"We'll see," he replies.

You have a feeling that he doesn't hold the bastard thing against you, more he just thinks everyone's a cunt until proven otherwise.

In the background you see Robert talking to Lord Draymon.

Anyways, the night ends peacefully and you find yourself shown to a room in the Red Keep.

Edd

"I hope I live long enough to see them."

"As do I."

"I learned that lesson NOW, but ...this is now and that was then...."

"Sadly, 'Sorry' won't cut it..."

"He has to bite his lips to keep from busting a gut right then and there....the fact that he tried to hide it shows he's apparently learning tack....when did he pick THAT up?

I smile. Good. He's learning.

A terse nod but you get the feeling he's...satisfied....happy might be beyond him.

A shame, that.

They let you do so and the cheering is all the louder.

I draw back and let them bask. This is their moment.

He nods in return.  Again, face like wood but he isn't grinding his teeth.

We actually have somewhat similar tastes.

As in the food is monstrously bland and they feel bloated just looking at it.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. You'll find most food outside Dorne to be bland probably. The more northern areas don't have the same access to spice. However I was working on a little project that might add some kick.

I do recall I was experimenting with hot sauce in the south. I slip them a couple of my prototype bottles and wink.

Basically a hot sauce (because I'm a sauce fiend).

"Some are capable, most are...earnest...and that's about all that is going for them. Some don't even have that.  I've met some of those before.  They feel that a horse is the only proper place for them and they feel that they were banished there.  Not many, but some."

I look to Robert and Stannis. "While this is your decision as King and Master of Ships, I believe that the power of Westeros today is dependent on her navy. Baring the others showing up after 10,000 years of vacation, all external threats worth calling threat will come form the Sea. As such I believe that the fleet needs to be captained by the most skillful men possible. It might also be worth it to demand a larger fleet levy. Or even play wargames..."

Robert actually likes the idea of sea squires.  Stannis, with his experience in sea battles can see the value of training them young.  While Davos is unsure but having captains who know what they are doing is always a positive.

I glance to Darvos. "I'd think you more than most would appreciate it. We need to make clear that a sea-knight is as proper a knight as a horse-knight and you friend, are a right and proper sea-knight."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:19 am

Brian Boru wrote:After a while a rancid smell hits your nose, you've smelled this before.  It's the smell of carnage of guts and blood and shit and piss....something or someone rather, has died up here....messily....

Lifting one final branch you find the family...what is left of them.  They're dead, all of them.  And they died slow and painfully.  Blood and other viscera is splattered across the small clearing.  The grown man was castrated, his organ stuffed elsewhere on his person and his neck snapped by hanging.  The woman, was also carved to pieces, her body barely recognizable after whoever had caught her, had their way with her, but the mutilation was entirely unnecessary.  The boys, two of them, aged 4 and 8 you guess...their little bodies were hanging from a single branch.  They occasionally bumped into each other.  The older one's face hits you particularly hard....it was one you saw every time you saw your face in the reflection of a polished piece of metal or a smooth body of water.    You're too late...far, far too late.

"Someone will pay for this," I growl, angry in a way I haven't been in a good long while.

Before you can process it all, the scent of smoke breaks through the gore.  Turning your head, you see a pillar of smoke rising from...your HOME!  This was all a ruse to lead you away while whoever did this could attack your home and people.  MYA AND MYRANDA ARE THERE!

You almost feel weak at this point....it is NOT a feeling you're used to.

Then I stop myself from panicking and actually _do_ something about it. There's a reason I left my knights behind and the holdfast is defensible enough that they and Mya and whoever else of the men at arms may be around can likely hold on ... is what I'd like to tell myself.

I order the steward to get our little hunting force moving, then I take off towards the holdfast, spurring the Horse Without Fear on like our lives depended on it. I've my bow strung and extra arrows from the hunters, so the plan is to just murder my way through whatever force is attacking and hopefully get to my people before ... well, before.

And if I can't save them then I'm damn well going to avenge them.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:28 am

Psyckosama wrote:You have the feeling this is the beginning of a long friendship. Though maybe not a very tall one.

HAH

He raises an eyebrow. "That a challenge, boy?"

Not particularly.

She smiles and nods.

"Wonderful! Wonderful!" he grins and laughs.'

Happy moment.

"We'll see," he replies.

You have a feeling that he doesn't hold the bastard thing against you, more he just thinks everyone's a cunt until proven otherwise.

In the background you see Robert talking to Lord Draymon.

Anyways, the night ends peacefully and you find yourself shown to a room in the Red Keep.

I sigh in relief and head on through the party. Interesting that Robert is talking to Draymon, wonder what that's all about. Either way I hit the sack and get ready for the grand melee in the morning.

Edd

"Sadly, 'Sorry' won't cut it..."

He knows.

I smile. Good. He's learning.

HAH

A shame, that.

He's always been a gloomy cuss even as a baby.

I draw back and let them bask. This is their moment.

And it's a good moment.

We actually have somewhat similar tastes.

Heh

"I'm sorry you feel that way. You'll find most food outside Dorne to be bland probably. The more northern areas don't have the same access to spice. However I was working on a little project that might add some kick.

I do recall I was experimenting with hot sauce in the south. I slip them a couple of my prototype bottles and wink.

Basically a hot sauce (because I'm a sauce fiend).

OOC: You've told me about your...fetish....with excruciating detail already we get it! Razz

IC: Well it ain't perfect but it does make it palatable, they still feel like beached whales though.

I look to Robert and Stannis. "While this is your decision as King and Master of Ships, I believe that the power of Westeros today is dependent on her navy. Baring the others showing up after 10,000 years of vacation, all external threats worth calling threat will come form the Sea. As such I believe that the fleet needs to be captained by the most skillful men possible. It might also be worth it to demand a larger fleet levy. Or even play wargames..."

"How do you do that with ships, seems rather hazardous to the the ships and men and ships are not cheap."

I glance to Darvos. "I'd think you more than most would appreciate it. We need to make clear that a sea-knight is as proper a knight as a horse-knight and you friend, are a right and proper sea-knight."

He's a traditionalist. Changing things up never seems like a good idea.

Rieverre wrote:"Someone will pay for this," I growl, angry in a way I haven't been in a good long while.

One of your men follows you up into the clearing and nearly vomits when the sights and smells hit him. Once he recovers and the others join him he asks. "What do we do now milord?"

Then I stop myself from panicking and actually _do_ something about it. There's a reason I left my knights behind and the holdfast is defensible enough that they and Mya and whoever else of the men at arms may be around can likely hold on ... is what I'd like to tell myself.

Fire still is NOT a good sign though.

I order the steward to get our little hunting force moving, then I take off towards the holdfast, spurring the Horse Without Fear on like our lives depended on it. I've my bow strung and extra arrows from the hunters, so the plan is to just murder my way through whatever force is attacking and hopefully get to my people before ... well, before.

And if I can't save them then I'm damn well going to avenge them.

The horse thunders across the fields and woodlands, it's mane and tail streaming like a banner while you ride on it with a synchronization of horse and man that even a Dothraki would be impressed by.

As you near your settlement...

roll a d100.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:16 am

Brian Boru wrote:One of your men follows you up into the clearing and nearly vomits when the sights and smells hit him.  Once he recovers and the others join him he asks.  "What do we do now milord?"

"They deserve a proper burial. That much at least I can arrange. But as for us? We're going to find who did this and we're going to show them in excruciating detail why such a thing is not done."

It's not just my Baratheon showing through, or concern for a half-sibling ... these were my people. I cannot let this shit stand.

Fire still is NOT a good sign though.

I'm trying not to panic here.

The horse thunders across the fields and woodlands, it's mane and tail streaming like a banner while you ride on it with a synchronization of horse and man that even a Dothraki would be impressed by.

As you near your settlement...

roll a d100.

My horse is awesome, yes, and I'm glad I didn't 'upgrade' to a destrier.

rolling (bringing up dice is a sure way to shatter any confidence)
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:16 am

'd100' : 4

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Not particularly.

He looks a little sad. You have a feeling he was hoping for the two of you to have a Whore-Off or something like that.

Happy moment.

From here it's all small talk. But Renly is very charming. He did inherit Robert's looks and charm, though sadly not his martial ability and surely not his penchant for drinking and whoring.

I sigh in relief and head on through the party.  Interesting that Robert is talking to Draymon, wonder what that's all about.  Either way I hit the sack and get ready for the grand melee in the morning.

Draymon meets you in the morning and claps a hand on your shoulder.

"My friend, my friend..." he laughs and actually hugs you then pulls away and laughs again. "Meeting you has to have been a gift from the gods!"

When you ask why

"The King asked why his son was traveling with a member of a Targ loyalist house and I told him our story. About how you saved Jeynne and I, about the trials and battles we faced on the way here, and he..." he laugh again, "He'd decided to inform my father that he's ordering a portion of the lands taken from us. The lands that are still unclaimed by other houses... to be restored to our family... on the condition that we again renew our oaths of loyalty and that I be permitted to marry for love as the story touched his heart!"

He's actually crying at this point and grabs your arms with a wild look in his eyes. "If you ever are in need of anything. I don't care what. Anything. My family will provide to the best of our ability. You need by ask. From this day on, you are my brother and I know my father will say the same, and if he doesn't, he's bloody well not the man I thought he was!"

Edd

He knows.

"Maybe there's some strange Essosi magic that could help. I've heard stories of the Shadowbinders of Asshai... be one hell of a belated wedding gift."

He's always been a gloomy cuss even as a baby.

I actually give him a look. "He's your brother. If he's gloomy, it's bloody well supposed to be your job to cheer him the fuck up!"

And it's a good moment.

I come up behind them with a smile on my face and tip my helmet to the men in polite respect.

OOC: You've told me about your...fetish....with excruciating detail already we get it! Razz

Heh.

IC: Well it ain't perfect but it does make it palatable, they still feel like beached whales though.

"Just think of it this way..." and I let my hand trail down their backs. "Just more reason to work it off, no?"

The last past is damned near a purr.

"How do you do that with ships, seems rather hazardous to the the ships and men and ships are not cheap."

Rules of engagement. Mostly it would be to practice tactics, strategy, and maneuver. Any practice or boarding or the like can be done in a controlled environment with training weapons. Yes there will be some damage, but the idea is that the more you play the less you pay. Any damage suffered during the games would help illustrate those captains who may be inept, disobedient, or simply unlucky. The difficulty, which would be more in your line of experience would be to balance safety and authenticity in the games to maximize the lessons gained with minimizing risk."

He's a traditionalist.  Changing things up never seems like a good idea.

I boggle a bit. He's a bloody smuggler turned knight. If anyone would have a solid grounding in both worlds it would be him.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:24 am

Rieverre wrote:"They deserve a proper burial. That much at least I can arrange. But as for us? We're going to find who did this and we're going to show them in excruciating detail why such a thing is not done."

It's not just my Baratheon showing through, or concern for a half-sibling ... these were my people. I cannot let this shit stand.

The others voice their agreement.

I'm trying not to panic here.

Good.

My horse is awesome, yes, and I'm glad I didn't 'upgrade' to a destrier.

rolling (bringing up dice is a sure way to shatter any confidence)

And the dice gods have smiled on you because the holdfast is holding on admirably. There's a good twenty men swarming the outside, though many have obvious injuries and it seems that all of your people are in the holdfast and are eagerly throwing missiles and insults.

Do you charge in alone or wait for the others to make a plan?

Psyckosama wrote:He looks a little sad. You have a feeling he was hoping for the two of you to have a Whore-Off or something like that.

"Let's just say I'd feel like I'm abusing my wares if I did that. Besides my heart belongs somewhere else. Romantic to the point of foolhardiness I know but that's how I feel."

From here it's all small talk. But Renly is very charming. He did inherit Robert's looks and charm, though sadly not his martial ability and surely not his penchant for drinking and whoring.

Whether the later two are a detriment to his character or not is greatly to debate though I enjoy his wit to be sure.

Draymon meets you in the morning and claps a hand on your shoulder.

"My friend, my friend..." he laughs and actually hugs you then pulls away and laughs again. "Meeting you has to have been a gift from the gods!"

When you ask why

"The King asked why his son was traveling with a member of a Targ loyalist house and I told him our story. About how you saved Jeynne and I, about the trials and battles we faced on the way here, and he..." he laugh again, "He'd decided to inform my father that he's ordering a portion of the lands taken from us. The lands that are still unclaimed by other houses... to be restored to our family... on the condition that we again renew our oaths of loyalty and that I be permitted to marry for love as the story touched his heart!"

He's actually crying at this point and grabs your arms with a wild look in his eyes. "If you ever are in need of anything. I don't care what. Anything. My family will provide to the best of our ability. You need by ask. From this day on, you are my brother and I know my father will say the same, and if he doesn't, he's bloody well not the man I thought he was!"

I blink for a moment then smile and clap him on the shoulder, "Congratulations Draymon, I'm glad I could help and I wish you and Jeynne all the luck in the world. Just make sure to invite Mya and myself to the wedding if you'd be so kind. And if your father decides to be a stick in mud about this I'll do whatever I can to change his mind."

After that I guess prepare for the melee. And be ready to fight. Though I do ask Myranda how she enjoyed last night and if she would grant be a favor from her for the tourney.

Edd

"Maybe there's some strange Essosi magic that could help. I've heard stories of the Shadowbinders of Asshai... be one hell of a belated wedding gift."

Heh

I actually give him a look. "He's your brother. If he's gloomy, it's bloody well supposed to be your job to cheer him the fuck up!"

"Trust me lad it was never from a lack of trying with him."

I come up behind them with a smile on my face and tip my helmet to the men in polite respect.

Comments are made about the blood of the Storm Kings running strong within all three of you.

"Just think of it this way..." and I let my hand trail down their backs. "Just more reason to work it off, no?"

The last past is damned near a purr.

If they don't go into a food coma before this feast is over, they might take you up on that offer.

Rules of engagement. Mostly it would be to practice tactics, strategy, and maneuver. Any practice or boarding or the like can be done in a controlled environment with training weapons. Yes there will be some damage, but the idea is that the more you play the less you pay. Any damage suffered during the games would help illustrate those captains who may be inept, disobedient, or simply unlucky. The difficulty, which would be more in your line of experience would be to balance safety and authenticity in the games to maximize the lessons gained with minimizing risk."

Well when you put it that way it might work. Though the men might find it silly. On the other hand the offer of a prize for the winners might smooth things over easily.

I boggle a bit. He's a bloody smuggler turned knight. If anyone would have a solid grounding in both worlds it would be him.

Sailor men are a superstitious lot at the best of times. Lord Seaworth is more so than some. But he's warming to the idea the more you talk to him.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Let's just say I'd feel like I'm abusing my wares if I did that.  Besides my heart belongs somewhere else.  Romantic to the point of foolhardiness I know but that's how I feel."

He looks wistful for a moment. "Aye. Aye lad. I know how you feel."

Whether the later two are a detriment to his character or not is greatly to debate though I enjoy his wit to be sure.

The last two aren't. Basically the good comes with the bad. He's not the warrior made flesh. He's also not the most notorious whoremonger in 7 kingdoms...

I blink for a moment then smile and clap him on the shoulder, "Congratulations Draymon, I'm glad I could help and I wish you and Jeynne all the luck in the world.  Just make sure to invite Mya and myself to the wedding if you'd be so kind.

"Bugger that. I want you to stand at my side, as my Groomsman."

And if your father decides to be a stick in mud about this I'll do whatever I can to change his mind."

"Lets be bloody honest, I'm probably going to be naming my first son Ned lest he disinherit me!" He laughs.

[quote]After that I guess prepare for the melee. And be ready to fight. [quote]

Alright.

Though I do ask Myranda how she enjoyed last night

Too much food...

and if she would grant be a favor from her for the tourney.

She grins like a maniac, slips off her garter and ties it to your hammer. Which earns you a dirty look from her brother and a hoot from the king.

"I LIKE THIS ONE, BOY! BAHA!"

She blushes then grins. "Give them hell. Come back to me victorious."

So how do you go at it... and d100

Edd

Heh

Actually, I'm serious. That man needs some pay back and if strange foreign magics are what it takes, then we find us a strange foreign magician. Preferably one with a nice ass.

"Trust me lad it was never from a lack of trying with him."

"Try harder. Learn his tastes even if they annoy you, then approach him from a new angle."

[quote]Comments are made about the blood of the Storm Kings running strong within all three of you.[quote]

I look pleased.

[quote]If they don't go into a food coma before this feast is over, they might take you up on that offer.[quote]

Very good. Very good...

Well when you put it that way it might work.

"Aye. And I'd like to adapt my wargame to the seas as well..."

I show it to him. It's probably EXTREMELY fleshed out by now, what having played it alot and taken commentary from Westeros's greatest minds...

"Be a good method for practice without risk."

Though the men might find it silly.

"They can deal. Especially if not taking it seriously is punished. Mock war is still war, and disobeying orders is still disobeying orders."

On the other hand the offer of a prize for the winners might smooth things over easily.

Be very careful. You want the men to work as units not compete for prizes of gold and fame. I'd suggest ribbons. Medals of honor with only a modest reward in coin. Literal badges of honor that come with in their highest form a non-hereditary title of honor. Titles that can not only be granted to men, but to ships and to entire squadrons.

Sailor men are a superstitious lot at the best of times.  Lord Seaworth is more so than some.  But he's warming to the idea the more you talk to him.

True. My though is that the problem is we have too many knights and not enough proper sailing men. Knights are all well and good... on a horse. But at sea we need sailors. Men like himself. Proper blokes with salt in their blood, not a bunch of high born lubbers who treat a ship like a great wooden horse.

I know, ideally we'd have men that are both... but if I had to choose I'd rather a fleet that thinks like seamen, not like horsemen. After all, many a knight started a hedgeknight. The same can be true of Seaknights.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:17 am

Brian Boru wrote:And the dice gods have smiled on you because the holdfast is holding on admirably.  There's a good twenty men swarming the outside, though many have obvious injuries and it seems that all of your people are in the holdfast and are eagerly throwing missiles and insults.

Do you charge in alone or wait for the others to make a plan?

Plan?

I have a weirwood bow that can outrange anything they can throw at me, and more than enough arrows. I find a good position and start shooting. If any mount up I kill the horses first. Then, once there are only a few left, I'll move in to take some prisoners. Ride them down on Matt if I have to.

If everybody else catches up in the middle of that, they can help by setting up next to the most obvious escape routes to catch stragglers.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:22 am

Psyckosama wrote:He looks wistful for a moment. "Aye. Aye lad. I know how you feel."

"Then you'll understand if I go try to track her down and see how she is handling this party?"

The last two aren't. Basically the good comes with the bad. He's not the warrior made flesh. He's also not the most notorious whoremonger in 7 kingdoms...

Sarcasm, it cannot be gotten over the internet.

"Bugger that. I want you to stand at my side, as my Groomsman."

"I...I'm honored my lord. Yes, when the day comes I'll be more than happy to be there."

"Lets be bloody honest, I'm probably going to be naming my first son Ned lest he disinherit me!" He laughs.

That gets a chuckle out of me.

Too much food...

"Just means we'll have to find a way to work it all off....eventually..."

She grins like a maniac, slips off her garter and ties it to your hammer. Which earns you a dirty look from her brother and a hoot from the king.

I raise my hammer high and swing it a few times like a baton, letting the world see the cloth. I'm in love and my lady love supports me into the melee, all is right with the world.

"I LIKE THIS ONE, BOY! BAHA!"

"Just remember she's mine father." NOT SERIOUS!

She blushes then grins. "Give them hell. Come back to me victorious."

"As my lady commands so I will do." I say with a bow and a grin.

So how do you go at it... and d100

I'm gonna go for one hit KO if possible. I'm stronger and faster than likely anyone out here so I use that. The goal's being hitting them so hard they either fly off their horses insensate or just throw in the towel. I'm trying to go through them like a lightning bolt.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Edd

Actually, I'm serious. That man needs some pay back and if strange foreign magics are what it takes, then we find us a strange foreign magician. Preferably one with a nice ass.

Blinking at that last bit....no harm in looking but Stannis has a LOW opinion of charlatans and that's what most folk like that are.

"Try harder. Learn his tastes even if they annoy you, then approach him from a new angle."

Shrugs but says he'll try.

Very good. Very good...

Turns out Arriane is in the mood, Tyene not so much went into a food coma the poor girl.

"Aye. And I'd  like to adapt my wargame to the seas as well..."

I show it to him. It's probably EXTREMELY fleshed out by now, what having played it alot and taken commentary from Westeros's greatest minds...

"Be a good method for practice without risk."

"You make sure you've got wind put into consideration? Along with the wind and tides, because those are often the biggest factors in a battle at sea."

"They can deal. Especially if not taking it seriously is punished. Mock war is still war, and disobeying orders is still disobeying orders."

Stannis comments that if the men won't cooperate then he'll make them. The finality in his voice brooks no argument, you get the feeling not even the Seven themselves would put up much resistance.

Be very careful. You want the men to work as units not compete for prizes of gold and fame. I'd suggest ribbons. Medals of honor with only a modest reward in coin. Literal badges of honor that come with in their highest form a non-hereditary title of honor. Titles that can not only be granted to men, but to ships and to entire squadrons.

Stannis snorts at this, useless gilt, though both Robert and Davos can see the value in such a system. Robert is already beginning to brainstorm such honors.

True. My though is that the problem is we have too many knights and not enough proper sailing men. Knights are all well and good... on a horse. But at sea we need sailors. Men like himself. Proper blokes with salt in their blood, not a bunch of high born lubbers who treat a ship like a great wooden horse.

I know, ideally we'd have men that are both... but if I had to choose I'd rather a fleet that thinks like seamen, not like horsemen. After all, many a knight started a hedgeknight. The same can be true of Seaknights.

And as you talk Davos is beginning to make connections in his mind on how this would work. He's far from stupid. A smuggler doesn't live as long as he did without having some braincells.

Rieverre wrote:Plan?

I have a weirwood bow that can outrange anything they can throw at me, and more than enough arrows. I find a good position and start shooting. If any mount up I kill the horses first. Then, once there are only a few left, I'll move in to take some prisoners. Ride them down on Matt if I have to.

If everybody else catches up in the middle of that, they can help by setting up next to the most obvious escape routes to catch stragglers.

Drawing your bow you knock arrow and let loose over and over again, like a well oiled machine. The horses never stand a chance, going down screaming with pin-point accurate shots. Their riders either tumbling off or being thrown off violently. Men charge your position, and get arrows into the face, chest, legs, arms,(though not the knees) and either go down howling or go down with the silence of the grave. In as much time as it takes to speak a long sentence you've emptied your quiver of arrows. The men are all down or dying a few horses are still alive.

Check on your people and loved ones or deal with the surviving attackers first?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Then you'll understand if I go try to track her down and see how she is handling this party?"

"What the fuck are you talking to me for then, boy? I'm only your father and king. She's more bloody important!"

Sarcasm, it cannot be gotten over the internet.

Aye.

"I...I'm honored my lord. Yes, when the day comes I'll be more than happy to be there."

Grins and claps you on the shoulders.

That gets a chuckle out of me.

"Hm. Hows Dermun sound?" he laughs.

"Just means we'll have to find a way to work it all off....eventually..."

"Ugh! Why did my brother have to come along!"

She leans in and grumbles. "Petting can only carry a girl so far."

I raise my hammer high and swing it a few times like a baton, letting the world see the cloth.  I'm in love and my lady love supports me into the melee, all is right with the world.

There's a lot of hooting.

"Just remember she's mine father."  NOT SERIOUS!

"You better fight for 'er then!"

"As my lady commands so I will do."  I say with a bow and a grin.

She winks.

I'm gonna go for one hit KO if possible.  I'm stronger and faster than likely anyone out here so I use that.  The goal's being hitting them so hard they either fly off their horses insensate or just throw in the towel. I'm trying to go through them like a lightning bolt.

Oh, you start off like a fucking thunderbolt. The first bastard to cross paths with you is thrown with a single blow. You take out a half dozen in a half minute and quickly find the melee moving around to avoid you... but then you hear...

"LOOK OUT!"

And you do so just in time to keep from being decapitated by the Mountain who Rides.

He draws back and moves in for another strike.

Edd

Blinking at that last bit....no harm in looking but Stannis has a LOW opinion of charlatans and that's what most folk like that are.

As do I... but there is some magic that has survived the loss of the Dragons and the retreat of the Children of the Forest. They're one of the few.

Shrugs but says he'll try.

Good luck.

Turns out Arriane is in the mood, Tyene not so much went into a food coma the poor girl.

I tell her I'll have something ready when she gets better...

And Arriane is going to have a LONG night...

"You make sure you've got wind put into consideration?  Along with the wind and tides, because those are often the biggest factors in a battle at sea."

"Still working out the rules for tides. The issue is trying to balance accuracy and complexity. If its too complex people will not be encouraged to play it. If it is too simple, it ceases to be useful. Though currently the movement system is dependent on the direction of the wind if you're traveling by sail."

Stannis comments that if the men won't cooperate then he'll make them.  The finality in his voice brooks no argument, you get the feeling not even the Seven themselves would put up much resistance.

"As we know you will. You're a hard man, uncle, I will not lie, but you get the job done. I respect that."

Stannis snorts at this, useless gilt,

Soldiers are all too often like spoiled mistresses... nothing delights them more than than costume jewelry and the right to brag. A guided carrot, an length of ribbon, and a pat on the head can turn even the most base coward into a hero of song...

though both Robert and Davos can see the value in such a system.

Great. And it should be for everyone, not just the noble born.

Robert is already beginning to brainstorm such honors.

As do I. One suggestion I have... the Crimson Drop. A simple reward given to anyone who is wounded in service to the crown. It's a reminder to even the lowest soldier that his sacrifices are appreciated.

And as you talk Davos is beginning to make connections in his mind on how this would work.  He's far from stupid.  A smuggler doesn't live as long as he did without having some braincells.

I smile. "Now you're getting it. I have an idea... I want you... to build a small squadron. Scum of the Earth welcome. No slavers or murders, but I want real sailors. Ruthless, surly old salts who's get their peckers hard at the idea of making a bunch of noble born twits look like useless children. I don't care how harshly they speak, how bad they smell. If they're the best, and they can follow fucking orders, that's who we want. The most Inglorious Bastards ever to set sail. They're going to be our Aggressor Squadron. The ships our men get pit against..."

My smile is utterly DEMONIC.

After that I ask Ser Darvos to leave because I need to speak to Robert and Stannis alone.

The First thing I do is ask robert at a volume Stannis can't hear if we should inform him of our arrangement with the Ironborn. If so I tell him the logic is that I believe that the reason the Ironborn are such a fucking bother is because they are on the worst rocks in Westeros. The islands can't support their population. Hell, the reason they don't sow is because nothing will grow. So as long as there are Ironborn, they will be Sea Raiders. And they are vicious fuckers, the worst sea raiders in the world. That could be useful if they were not on the wrong bloody side of the continent. So put them on the right side and set them loose on the Free Cities and extend a small tax on their operations.

Even the most vicious dog can be tamed. And if not, well, they'll have to split their fleet between the stepstones and home islands while all the time sitting within striking range of the royal fleet... and as the saying goes. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you... and by that I mean we let you do whatever you see fit to render them a non-threat to the realm.

I also pull out my notebooks as well as a small pouch of a black powder.

"Give me some space and plug your ears. This will be loud..."

I detonate the powder.

"That is Black Powder. An explosive... with many uses." Which I outline...

I also show them this...

http://www.navyandmarine.org/ondeck/uss_boston.gif

Basically a low, long sailing ship with heavy sail designed around the use of cannon as a primary armament. It would be much faster and more stable than the existing cogs and galleys, with longer range and almost insane destructive power...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:14 am

Brian Boru wrote:Drawing your bow you knock arrow and let loose over and over again, like a well oiled machine.  The horses never stand a chance, going down screaming with pin-point accurate shots.  Their riders either tumbling off or being thrown off violently.  Men charge your position, and get arrows into the face, chest, legs, arms,(though not the knees) and either go down howling or go down with the silence of the grave.  In as much time as it takes to speak a long sentence you've emptied your quiver of arrows.  The men are all down or dying a few horses are still alive.  

Check on your people and loved ones or deal with the surviving attackers first?

Man, if the Dothraki are ever going to find out about me they'll hate me with the passion of a thousand burning venereal diseases.

Anyway, I can sort of do both. After all, the attackers are neatly laid out from their attempt at a charge, so I can just walk past, knock out the ones still moving with a boot to the face, and drag the one with the highest quality weapon and/or armor with me by the hair. So it hurts more. And so he isn't accidentally killed by my people who're bound to arrive soon before I can put him to the question or toss him in the brig.

And yes, I'm dragging his ass all the way up to the holdfast, or more likely all the way up to Matt, then tying him to the saddle, then riding to the Holdfast. He's a big boy. He'll scream a lot but shouldn't die from just this.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top