Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:44 am

Psyckosama wrote:"What the fuck are you talking to me for then, boy? I'm only your father and king. She's more bloody important!"

"Thank you father." I bow and head on my way.

Grins and claps you on the shoulders.

"Hm. Hows Dermun sound?" he laughs.

"Sounds fine by me friend."

"Ugh! Why did my brother have to come along!"

She leans in and grumbles. "Petting can only carry a girl so far."

"True but it makes the future all the sweeter."

"You better fight for 'er then!"

"Like I need a royal decree for that!"

She winks.

I smile.

Oh, you start off like a fucking thunderbolt. The first bastard to cross paths with you is thrown with a single blow. You take out a half dozen in a half minute and quickly find the melee moving around to avoid you... but then you hear...

"LOOK OUT!"

And you do so just in time to keep from being decapitated by the Mountain who Rides.

He draws back and moves in for another strike.

I snarl and get within his reach, jabbing my hammer like a baton into the man's face. If that throws him off then I pull back and swing for his chest.




Edd

As do I... but there is some magic that has survived the loss of the Dragons and the retreat of the Children of the Forest. They're one of the few.

"Interesting....always wanted to see an actual magician do their thing."

I tell her I'll have something ready when she gets better...

And Arriane is going to have a LONG night...

Tyene seems better the next morning...somewhat while Arriane has a certain...strut in her step. Robert laughs when he sees the two of you heading into the main hall...Stannis not so much. If anything he seems more dour when he connects the dots.

"Still working out the rules for tides. The issue is trying to balance accuracy and complexity. If its too complex people will not be encouraged to play it. If it is too simple, it ceases to be useful. Though currently the movement system is dependent on the direction of the wind if you're traveling by sail."

He nods. "Not many who aren't of the sea think of that."

"As we know you will. You're a hard man, uncle, I will not lie, but you get the job done. I respect that."

A curt nod is his response.

Soldiers are all too often like spoiled mistresses... nothing delights them more than than costume jewelry and the right to brag. A guided carrot, an length of ribbon, and a pat on the head can turn even the most base coward into a hero of song...  

Robert laughs while Stannis seems to nod in agreement though it's pretty obvious he doesn't like that it works.

As do I. One suggestion I have... the Crimson Drop. A simple reward given to anyone who is wounded in service to the crown. It's a reminder to even the lowest soldier that his sacrifices are appreciated. [/quote]

"Not bad I rather like simple and to the point."

I smile. "Now you're getting it. I have an idea... I want you... to build a small squadron. Scum of the Earth welcome. No slavers or murders, but I want real sailors. Ruthless, surly old salts who's get their peckers hard at the idea of making a bunch of noble born twits look like useless children. I don't care how harshly they speak, how bad they smell. If they're the best, and they can follow fucking orders, that's who we want. The most Inglorious Bastards ever to set sail. They're going to be our Aggressor Squadron. The ships our men get pit against..."

My smile is utterly DEMONIC.

"We'll I think I know certain men who fit what you're looking for, it might take a few months."

After that I ask Ser Darvos to leave because I need to speak to Robert and Stannis alone.

Davos bows and leaves, obviously contemplating on what he had heard.

The First thing I do is ask robert at a volume Stannis can't hear if we should inform him of our arrangement with the Ironborn. If so I tell him the logic is that I believe that the reason the Ironborn are such a fucking bother is because they are on the worst rocks in Westeros. The islands can't support their population. Hell, the reason they don't sow is because nothing will grow. So as long as there are Ironborn, they will be Sea Raiders. And they are vicious fuckers, the worst sea raiders in the world. That could be useful if they were not on the wrong bloody side of the continent. So put them on the right side and set them loose on the Free Cities and extend a small tax on their operations.

Even the most vicious dog can be tamed. And if not, well, they'll have to split their fleet between the stepstones and home islands while all the time sitting within striking range of the royal fleet... and as the saying goes. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you... and by that I mean we let you do whatever you see fit to render them a non-threat to the realm.

I also pull out my notebooks as well as a small pouch of a black powder.

"Give me some space and plug your ears. This will be loud..."

I detonate the powder.

"That is Black Powder. An explosive... with many uses." Which I outline...

I also show them this...

http://www.navyandmarine.org/ondeck/uss_boston.gif

Basically a low, long sailing ship with heavy sail designed around the use of cannon as a primary armament. It would be much faster and more stable than the existing cogs and galleys, with longer range and almost insane destructive power...

Robert feels that Stannis can take it, not like it certainly, but he had handle it. When you tell him he looks like he is about to explode he grinds his teeth so damn hard your own teeth begin to ache. But as you explain he seems to...relax slightly. He sees the possible value in taking the Stepstones, they had been a pain for the Seven Kingdoms for years, but he's....apprehensive about using the Iron Born to do it VERY MUCH SO.

Both men jump at the powder going of. "GODS what was that lad?"

Your explanation and the description of ship design are a bit much for both men but Robert knows that anything you've come up with has an extremely strong likely-hood of success but he's going to let Stannis and experts make the final decision for it.

Stannis, while not a ship wright, seems honestly impressed with what he sees and promises to have a ship wright make a model to see how it handles.


Rieverre wrote:Man, if the Dothraki are ever going to find out about me they'll hate me with the passion of a thousand burning venereal diseases.

You've got Cap America Powers and a Weirwood bow...

Anyway, I can sort of do both. After all, the attackers are neatly laid out from their attempt at a charge, so I can just walk past, knock out the ones still moving with a boot to the face, and drag the one with the highest quality weapon and/or armor with me by the hair. So it hurts more. And so he isn't accidentally killed by my people who're bound to arrive soon before I can put him to the question or toss him in the brig.

And yes, I'm dragging his ass all the way up to the holdfast, or more likely all the way up to Matt, then tying him to the saddle, then riding to the Holdfast. He's a big boy. He'll scream a lot but shouldn't die from just this.

You manage to find one, a younger man with pock marks marring his face. He took an arrow to the shoulder so while injured he isn't dead though one look at your face and he seems to wish he were.

The others rush out of the Holdfast when they see you, Myranda throwing caution to the wind and...for a lack of a better term...glomps you, she begins bawling her eyes out as the stress of the day flows off of her. Mya is nearby as well though she seems to be handling things much better than Myranda.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:46 am

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
81
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Thank you father."  I bow and head on my way.

Grunt and nod and he waves you off while chuckling.

Joffery is glaring.

"Sounds fine by me friend."

He laughs and claps you on the shoulder.

"True but it makes the future all the sweeter."

All of this excitement has me flowing like a broken damn with nothing to plug it.

"Like I need a royal decree for that!"

"Hurry boy!"

I snarl and get within his reach, jabbing my hammer like a baton into the man's face. If that throws him off then I pull back and swing for his chest

Your forced to block, but the blow is enough to actually mangle the half of your hammer and send you falling from the horse.

He rears up to deliver a final blow, but you hear a whinny of a horse as motherfucker kicks his horse hard enough to send it tumbling.

The mountain gruns and stands up, a large chip in his blade at the impact point while your hammer seems bent. The metal cover has been half cut through then bent over and the wood underneath has all but shattered.

He literally kicks off his horse and stabs it to still it before charging you again.

d100

Edd

"Interesting....always wanted to see an actual magician do their thing."

"Would be a sight. And I hear most of them are beautiful women... in mysterious masks."

Tyene seems better the next morning...somewhat while Arriane has a certain...strut in her step.  Robert laughs when he sees the two of you heading into the main hall...Stannis not so much.  If anything he seems more dour when he connects the dots.

What can ya do?

He nods.  "Not many who aren't of the sea think of that."

"I read. A lot. I was thinking just a flat degree of displacement a turn depending on conditions, but that might be too simple."

Robert laughs while Stannis seems to nod in agreement though it's pretty obvious he doesn't like that it works.

"I too wish I could correct human nature, but that is something not even in the gods domain."

I smile. "Which is why we exploit it. MY other idea to encoruage success is a prize system... encourage them to capture enemy merchant traffic and warships. When they do the ship and its contents are sold on auction with the proceedes being split four ways. One quarter is granted to the ships compliment. The second to the ships officers. The third to the captain... the four divided amongst his direct superiors... which would of course include the crown and the master of ships."

"Not bad I rather like simple and to the point."

"And we could make it rather cheap. A spot of polished copper, a glass jewel, and a spot of cotton ribbon. Those who are high born can happily replace it with gold, ruby, and silk for display but this reward is meant to be rewarded often and probably multiple times for the most loyal or unlucky of men."

"We'll I think I know certain men who fit what you're looking for, it might take a few months."

"I'll be honest. The point is to humiliate the navy into improving itself. Keep drilling keep fighting keep learning until they can put that little band of low born cutthroats in their place... why I even have a banner for them to fly..."

Basically this without the letting

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cardfight/images/7/7a/Smiley-face-1600x1200-wallpaper-775678.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130830065058

Davos bows and leaves, obviously contemplating on what he had heard.

I give him a polite nod as he leaves.

Robert feels that Stannis can take it, not like it certainly, but he had handle it.  When you tell him he looks like he is about to explode he grinds his teeth so damn hard your own teeth begin to ache.  But as you explain he seems to...relax slightly.  He sees the possible value in taking the Stepstones, they had been a pain for the Seven Kingdoms for years, but he's....apprehensive about using the Iron Born to do it VERY MUCH SO.

"If we're going to have that millstone on our back we might as well put it to use. Better they reave up and down the coast of Essos then rise against the crown once every score years. Give them their bloody outlet... and even more so..."

I pull out a pierce of paper and place it before the two,

"This is an idea I had called a Letter of Marquis and Reprisal... a royal warrant to take the ships of the enemies of the crown. In this case, the wording says that according to the laws of westeros slavery is seen as a vile crime against both man and god to be combated at every occasion. This is true in the cannon law of the Faith of the Seven, the traditions of the Old Gods, and in the royal code of westeros itself. If a ship is found transporting slaves its captain and crew are to be taken in for trial, the slaves brought to Westeros to be granted thier freedom, and... the ships contents sold... with the majority going to the ship and crew as per the prize system I outlined previously..."

Both men jump at the powder going of.  "GODS what was that lad?"

"Blasting Powder. Something I read about in the margins of a book. Believe me, it took some time to get the ratio and preparation techniques right. But its a amazing what you can do with some charcoal, saltpeter, and brimstone now isn't it?"

Your explanation and the description of ship design are a bit much for both men but Robert knows that anything you've come up with has an extremely strong likely-hood of success but he's going to let Stannis and experts make the final decision for it.

Stannis, while not a ship wright, seems honestly impressed with what he sees and promises to have a ship wright make a model to see how it handles.

"Just choose one who can keep his mouth shut. The less people know about this the better."

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:59 am

Brian Boru wrote:You've got Cap America Powers and a Weirwood bow...

And so far my standard tactic in response to an enemy force is 'I kill all the horses'.

You manage to find one, a younger man with pock marks marring his face.  He took an arrow to the shoulder so while injured he isn't dead though one look at your face and he seems to wish he were.

I have him trussed up and make sure he doesn't 'accidentally' die. Or not so accidentally. Time to see if I've the right of it.

"Bloodseeker," I say, spitting at the name. "I'm curious, what's Valarr paying you lot these days, after you've failed to kill me by force of arms thrice already?"

The others rush out of the Holdfast when they see you, Myranda throwing caution to the wind and...for a lack of a better term...glomps you, she begins bawling her eyes out as the stress of the day flows off of her.  Mya is nearby as well though she seems to be handling things much better than Myranda.

Mya has been through this kind of thing before though. Granted, this was somewhat more serious.

"How many did we lose and who?" I ask Mya as I attempt to console Myranda. I'm probably still partially in combat mode, checking what resources I have on hand if this wasn't the last of it, but the rest is just concern for people whose lives I've been entrusted with.

"Gather their things. Whatever they may have on them that looks important, I want a chance to look through. Whatever we can use will go towards fixing this mess," I order, then ask Mya to supervise. By now she knows exactly what I look for every time this kind of thing happens.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:16 am

Psyckosama wrote:Grunt and nod and he waves you off while chuckling.

Joffery is glaring.

Let him, little bastard wouldn't even know what to do with a woman.

He laughs and claps you on the shoulder.

The greatest Friends are those made through hardship.

All of this excitement has me flowing like a broken damn with nothing to plug it.

I kiss her cheek if her brother isn't there and I mention, "We'll figure something out."

Your forced to block, but the blow is enough to actually mangle the half of your hammer and send you falling from the horse.

SHIT!

He rears up to deliver a final blow, but you hear a whinny of a horse as motherfucker kicks his horse hard enough to send it tumbling.

"BARREL OF ARBOR GOLD YOU GLORIOUS ABOMINATION OF RAGE AND HATE!"

The mountain gruns and stands up, a large chip in his blade at the impact point while your hammer seems bent. The metal cover has been half cut through then bent over and the wood underneath has all but shattered.

He literally kicks off his horse and stabs it to still it before charging you again.

If there's a weapon lying around I'll grab that and charge him. I'm faster than he is, I need to use it.

If there isn't then I'll grab my hammer as best I can and charge him with that. A hammer head is still a hammer head.

d100

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
63



Edd

"Would be a sight. And I hear most of them are beautiful women... in mysterious masks."

"Bit of an...Oxmoron there lad." (spelling intentional)

What can ya do?

Indeed.

"I read. A lot. I was thinking just a flat degree of displacement a turn depending on conditions, but that might be too simple."

"Sea's a bit too varied for that I would think."

"I too wish I could correct human nature, but that is something not even in the gods domain."

I smile. "Which is why we exploit it. MY other idea to encoruage success is a prize system... encourage them to capture enemy merchant traffic and warships. When they do the ship and its contents are sold on auction with the proceedes being split four ways. One quarter is granted to the ships compliment. The second to the ships officers. The third to the captain... the four divided amongst his direct superiors... which would of course include the crown and the master of ships."

That gets them thinking as well, there ARE some traditions about how to deal with captured ships but this would help codify things though some WOULD complain about this. Stannis IS interested about the revenue that might come his way. Which he then says he would divert right back to dealing with the royal debts.

"And we could make it rather cheap. A spot of polished copper, a glass jewel, and a spot of cotton ribbon. Those who are high born can happily replace it with gold, ruby, and silk for display but this reward is meant to be rewarded often and probably multiple times for the most loyal or unlucky of men."

Not a bad idea.

"I'll be honest. The point is to humiliate the navy into improving itself. Keep drilling keep fighting keep learning until they can put that little band of low born cutthroats in their place... why I even have a banner for them to fly..."

Basically this without the letting

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cardfight/images/7/7a/Smiley-face-1600x1200-wallpaper-775678.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130830065058

All three of them stare at that one. Then with one voice. "No."

Davos continues, "No man would sail under a banner like that."

"They'd die of embarrassment." Is Robert's comment.

"If we're going to have that millstone on our back we might as well put it to use. Better they reave up and down the coast of Essos then rise against the crown once every score years. Give them their bloody outlet... and even more so..."

I pull out a pierce of paper and place it before the two,

"This is an idea I had called a Letter of Marquis and Reprisal... a royal warrant to take the ships of the enemies of the crown. In this case, the wording says that according to the laws of westeros slavery is seen as a vile crime against both man and god to be combated at every occasion. This is true in the cannon law of the Faith of the Seven, the traditions of the Old Gods, and in the royal code of westeros itself. If a ship is found transporting slaves its captain and crew are to be taken in for trial, the slaves brought to Westeros to be granted thier freedom, and... the ships contents sold... with the majority going to the ship and crew as per the prize system I outlined previously..."

A clever venture and if they're ever in a war against the free cities it might be useful but once again Stannis is not convinced that the Iron Born will do as you bid, they're Iron Born, it's in their nature to buck against such. How do you plan to control them?

"Blasting Powder. Something I read about in the margins of a book. Believe me, it took some time to get the ratio and preparation techniques right. But its a amazing what you can do with some charcoal, saltpeter, and brimstone now isn't it?"

"And what ...praytell do you plan to do with this damned powder. Sounds like something the Alchemist Guild would cook up."

"Just choose one who can keep his mouth shut. The less people know about this the better."

He thinks he knows of few though he'll have to press home how important silence will have to be.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:09 am

Brian Boru wrote:Let him, little bastard wouldn't even know what to do with a woman.

More you're getting all of daddy' atttention.

The greatest Friends are those made through hardship.

Aye

I kiss her cheek if her brother isn't there and I mention, "We'll figure something out."

"It better damned well involve you plowing my field."

"BARREL OF ARBOR GOLD YOU GLORIOUS ABOMINATION OF RAGE AND HATE!"

The horse looks pleased at this.

If there's a weapon lying around I'll grab that and charge him.  I'm faster than he is, I need to use it.

You do have your sword.

If there isn't then I'll grab my hammer as best I can and charge him with that.  A hammer head is still a hammer head.

You dodge his charge moving around his strikes, but you're still dazed and not in your single minded battle move thing...

You do hear movement and look back to see a man of house Yew charging in with his blade drawn back, but Draymon flys in like an avenging fucking angle and locks steel with the bastard.

Looking around you can see this happening in multiple cases actually, many of the Vail men and a number of the stormlanders seem to be basically drawing off a distressing number of Westerlander knights and sell swords.

Edd

"Bit of an...Oxmoron there lad." (spelling intentional)

I simply do the whole hour class hand-curves move....

"Sea's a bit too varied for that I would think."

"Aye. Which is the problem. I find the best way to do this is try and maintain a degree of deceptive simplicity..." I shurg. "I have time. Either here or later. I'll work it out and send it over to you."

That gets them thinking as well, there ARE some traditions about how to deal with captured ships but this would help codify things though some WOULD complain about this.

"Complain about what? 'Capture a ship and the crown shall award you with a bucket of money'?"

Stannis IS interested about the revenue that might come his way. Which he then says he would divert right back to dealing with the royal debts.

"Some might, but you're hardly the one carrying the sovereign debt. No, paying off the debt would come from the royal cut of that quarter. Yours would be... well... I'd hope you'll invest it back into the Stormlands and its infrastructure."

Not a bad idea.

I'm glad he approves. "That said, we should also have medals for valor and good service. Give the men at arms a tin shiny for outstanding behavior and mastering skills that would make them better soldiers. Why, most could probably be simply thrown from from bronze molds with only a spot of polish with a pin on the rear. Grant stars of bronze and silver for meritorious bravery. Gold clusters for honor beyond doubt. The like. Why we could have fun with this... just remember father. The more you're going to give them out, the less they should cost to make."

All three of them stare at that one.  Then with one voice. "No."

Davos continues, "No man would sail under a banner like that."

"They'd die of embarrassment." Is Robert's comment.

"That was actually the point," I said with a sigh, "To lose to men flying that banner would be like being bested in the joust by the court fool... But perhaps it might be a bit... much."

A clever venture and if they're ever in a war against the free cities it might be useful but once again Stannis is not convinced that the Iron Born will do as you bid, they're Iron Born, it's in their nature to buck against such.  How do you plan to control them?

"Something has to be done to break the cycle..." I steeple my hands and lean in. "And we give them what they've always wanted. New lands and a fat target, but underscore with the harsh reality that if they do something stupid like try and declare independence... well... you will be leading the force sent to bring them to order, and unlike last time father will not be staying your hand. Every man is permitted mistake. Balon Greyjoy has already made his."

"And what ...praytell do you plan to do with this damned powder.  Sounds like something the Alchemist Guild would cook up."

"It's not quite as insanely hazardous to the user as Wildfire. You can leave it out in the sun and if you drop a barrel you're just going to get dirty. Just keep it away from any sparks or flame and you're alright. As for what I intend to do... when it explodes it creates a great deal of force. So what happens when you take a bronze or iron tube and cap it at one end. Then place a spot of this powder in one end, and put a lead, iron, or stone ball inside then introduce a spark? It of course explodes, but if the tube is well crafted then it will survive the explosion while the ball is throw out of the tube with prestigious force... not something any man would want to stand in front of. And most gloriously, this can be scaled from something small enough for a man on foot, to great devices that could reduce mighty ships to kindling and pound down castle walls..."

I point out the ship design I showed him. "And if you do notice those ports along the side..."

He thinks he knows of few though he'll have to press home how important silence will have to be.

"Wonderful. When I get back to Kings landing I'll have to do the same with a couple bell makers.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Rieverre wrote:And so far my standard tactic in response to an enemy force is 'I kill all the horses'.

Well tumbling from a horse can be rather dangerous.

I have him trussed up and make sure he doesn't 'accidentally' die. Or not so accidentally. Time to see if I've the right of it.

"Bloodseeker," I say, spitting at the name. "I'm curious, what's Valarr paying you lot these days, after you've failed to kill me by force of arms thrice already?"

His eyes widen when you mention both names but he manages to clam up before stuttering out. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Mya has been through this kind of thing before though. Granted, this was somewhat more serious.

"How many did we lose and who?" I ask Mya as I attempt to console Myranda. I'm probably still partially in combat mode, checking what resources I have on hand if this wasn't the last of it, but the rest is just concern for people whose lives I've been entrusted with.

None of your companions though a few small-folk did get injured when fleeing to the hold-fast, your party riding out already had them on edge which gave them enough warning for them to flee for the holdfast when the riders came in sight.

"Gather their things. Whatever they may have on them that looks important, I want a chance to look through. Whatever we can use will go towards fixing this mess," I order, then ask Mya to supervise. By now she knows exactly what I look for every time this kind of thing happens.

Your steward nods and gives orders to the others who quickly gather the dead and dying men and horses, stripping them of their gear. You notice that a few of the horses are butchered, when you look he shrugs, "Meat is meat Milord and horse meat can fill a belly quite well if you cook it enough."

As for their gear, just run of the mill free rider gears, boiled leather with the occasional chainmail along with swords, spears and axes and shields.

You DO manage to find about 100 gold dragons amongst all of them. A NICE catch if you do say so yourself.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Brian Boru wrote:His eyes widen when you mention both names but he manages to clam up before stuttering out. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

I just smile. It's not a very nice smile, but it is one full of promise.

None of your companions though a few small-folk did get injured when fleeing to the hold-fast, your party riding out already had them on edge which gave them enough warning for them to flee for the holdfast when the riders came in sight.

That's a relief. I assume Anna's already made herself at home then, even if I was hoping not to welcome her and her daughter with blood and possibly steel waiting. Not to mention Myranda.

Your steward nods and gives orders to the others who quickly gather the dead and dying men and horses, stripping them of their gear.  You notice that a few of the horses are butchered, when you look he shrugs, "Meat is meat Milord and horse meat can fill a belly quite well if you cook it enough."

As for their gear, just run of the mill free rider gears, boiled leather with the occasional chainmail along with swords, spears and axes and shields.

You DO manage to find about 100 gold dragons amongst all of them.  A NICE catch if you do say so yourself.

"Thank you kindly for your generous donation to our militia, please don't come again," I mutter, kicking one of the bodies.

I don't much mind the horse butchery. Needs must as the devil drives.

What I am going to do, though I'm not exactly happy to move my timetable up this much, is send some people to retrieve the body of the family's eldest, truss up any surviving Bloodseekers, then mount up and haul all that to King's Landing. I have all the confirmation I need to know who's involved here, now I just have to leverage that into a properly dramatic gesture.

Also, I'm bloody furious.

"Not the way I was hoping to visit King's Landing with you," I whisper to Myranda, because I'm pretty sure I couldn't pry her loose with a crowbar right now or talk her out of coming with. I'll also track down Anna and Hennah and let them know I'm making the next leg of the trip early so that I can cut the mess of this throat while I've got a knife to its neck.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:More you're getting all of daddy' atttention.

And what has he done that would actually get that man's respect?

"It better damned well involve you plowing my field."

"No worries my dear."

The horse looks pleased at this.

Of course he would.

You do have your sword.

Then I draw that.

You dodge his charge moving around his strikes, but you're still dazed and not in your single minded battle move thing...

Damn, aim for the joints, AIM FOR THE JOINTS!

You do hear movement and look back to see a man of house Yew charging in with his blade drawn back, but Draymon flys in like an avenging fucking angle and locks steel with the bastard.

A quick nod of thanks.

Looking around you can see this happening in multiple cases actually, many of the Vail men and a number of the stormlanders seem to be basically drawing off a distressing number of Westerlander knights and sell swords.

What the...OH THAT BITCH!

I break off from the Mountain and flatten a Westerlander, then I try and get as many Valemen and Stormlanders to rally to me and then we charge the Westerlanders as a block. "The MOUNTAIN IS MINE!" I bellow when we charge.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
31


Edd

I simply do the whole hour class hand-curves move....

He laughs and says that makes sense.

"Aye. Which is the problem. I find the best way to do this is try and maintain a degree of deceptive simplicity..." I shurg. "I have time. Either here or later. I'll work it out and send it over to you."

He nods and says he'll be glad to see it.

"Complain about what? 'Capture a ship and the crown shall award you with a bucket of money'?"

You change anything someone somewhere is going to get the short end of the stick and complain.

"Some might, but you're hardly the one carrying the sovereign debt. No, paying off the debt would come from the royal cut of that quarter. Yours would be... well... I'd hope you'll invest it back into the Stormlands and its infrastructure."

He shrugs and says that the Stormlands are not in debt but the Crown is and as Master of Ships it wouldn't behoove him to take money as Master of Ships and not assuage the Crowns debt. Robert laughs at that one. "Just like you Stannis, so upright ya can't even pull your boots on."

I'm glad he approves. "That said, we should also have medals for valor and good service. Give the men at arms a tin shiny for outstanding behavior and mastering skills that would make them better soldiers. Why, most could probably be simply thrown from from bronze molds with only a spot of polish with a pin on the rear. Grant stars of bronze and silver for meritorious bravery. Gold clusters for honor beyond doubt. The like. Why we could have fun with this... just remember father. The more you're going to give them out, the less they should cost to make."

He nods and promises to remember. You think he might actually do it.

"That was actually the point," I said with a sigh, "To lose to men flying that banner would be like being bested in the joust by the court fool... But perhaps it might be a bit... much."

"Yes just a bit. So the lad is human and not all of his thoughts turn to gold." Robert mutters with a laugh.

"Something has to be done to break the cycle..." I steeple my hands and lean in. "And we give them what they've always wanted. New lands and a fat target, but underscore with the harsh reality that if they do something stupid like try and declare independence... well... you will be leading the force sent to bring them to order, and unlike last time father will not be staying your hand. Every man is permitted mistake. Balon Greyjoy has already made his."

Stannis looks to Robert and Robert says you have his support, that's enough for Stannis but he'll be keeping a close eye on them. You feel some slight apprehension for your venture.

"It's not quite as insanely hazardous to the user as Wildfire. You can leave it out in the sun and if you drop a barrel you're just going to get dirty. Just keep it away from any sparks or flame and you're alright. As for what I intend to do... when it explodes it creates a great deal of force. So what happens when you take a bronze or iron tube and cap it at one end. Then place a spot of this powder in one end, and put a lead, iron, or stone ball inside then introduce a spark? It of course explodes, but if the tube is well crafted then it will survive the explosion while the ball is throw out of the tube with prestigious force... not something any man would want to stand in front of. And most gloriously, this can be scaled from something small enough for a man on foot, to great devices that could reduce mighty ships to kindling and pound down castle walls..."

I point out the ship design I showed him. "And if you do notice those ports along the side..."

The lights flash in both men's eyes. Very interesting lad. If they work it'd change the nature of warfare on the seas.

"Wonderful. When I get back to Kings landing I'll have to do the same with a couple bell makers.

He'll hold you to it and you KNOW that he will.



Rieverre wrote:I just smile. It's not a very nice smile, but it is one full of promise.

He begins to sweat, but he isn't cracking yet...might need to do something more ...extreme.

That's a relief. I assume Anna's already made herself at home then, even if I was hoping not to welcome her and her daughter with blood and possibly steel waiting. Not to mention Myranda.

Both women are fine but they're wondering if you're a magnet for trouble. Though they say so in jest.

"Thank you kindly for your generous donation to our militia, please don't come again," I mutter, kicking one of the bodies.

I don't much mind the horse butchery. Needs must as the devil drives.

You get the feeling your dinner tonight might be a bit...lacking in fat...

What I am going to do, though I'm not exactly happy to move my timetable up this much, is send some people to retrieve the body of the family's eldest, truss up any surviving Bloodseekers, then mount up and haul all that to King's Landing. I have all the confirmation I need to know who's involved here, now I just have to leverage that into a properly dramatic gesture.

Also, I'm bloody furious.

"Not the way I was hoping to visit King's Landing with you," I whisper to Myranda, because I'm pretty sure I couldn't pry her loose with a crowbar right now or talk her out of coming with. I'll also track down Anna and Hennah and let them know I'm making the next leg of the trip early so that I can cut the mess of this throat while I've got a knife to its neck.

They understand they'll get to work immediately and prepare for the ride into King's Landing. It'll take a day to settle everything here.

Any orders on what to do while you're gone yet again? There haven't been any disputes but your neighbors ARE going to want to speak with you eventually. And brawling with secret orders isn't going to warm yourself to them.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:34 am

Brian Boru wrote:And what has he done that would actually get that man's respect?

He's Mommy's perfect prince. That shoudl be enough....

Joff-Logic

"No worries my dear."

She groans. "Damn your honor."

Of course he would.

Honestly you're starting to wonder if he's a horse or a demon in horse-form :p

Then I draw that.

Right.

Damn, aim for the joints, AIM FOR THE JOINTS!

You get in close and begin your assault. Now that you have your focus he's being pushed to the ropes. You're having a hard time injuring him but its clear to all whose the superior fighter.

A quick nod of thanks.

You're both busy.

What the...OH THAT BITCH!

And of course there is no evidence...

I break off from the Mountain and flatten a Westerlander, then I try and get as many Valemen and Stormlanders to rally to me and then we charge the Westerlanders as a block.  "The MOUNTAIN IS MINE!"  I bellow when we charge.

And the Melee has now turned into a small scale battle... the men from the other kingdoms decide to wait it out, picking at eachother and avoiding the twirling carnage that has become almost an all out war.

It's then you hear the king's voice bellow over the combat.

"ENOUGH!!!"

Everyone stops to see Robert walk out onto the field almost GLOWING with rage and holding his hammer so tightly you swear you can hear the metal groaning.

"WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" He roars, "AND THE FIRST MAN WHO TRIES TO SPIN SOME KIND OF BULLSHIT TALE GETS MY HAMMER TO THE HEAD!"

It's the mountain who speaks. "This boy humiliated and dishonored House Lannister. We're doing what any good banners would."

You can tell from just the sound of it "Any good banners would" involves your grizzly murder.

"That's fucking bullshit and you know it," Robert hisses. "And even if its not, this is the most unknightly bullshit I've seen since..." he growls and you swear his eyes glow for a moment, "For a very long time. Since you seem to be speaking for this lot, you get to explain the fuck is going on. GUARDS! Take the mountain to the dungeons. The rest of you..." he looks at the westerlanders who'd joined that melee. "Get off my fucking grounds before I throw you in the dungeons with him. You're all disqualified for unchivalrous behavior... and if as much as a single one of you leaves King's Landing before I'm satisfied I'll take it as an admission of guilt."

The Mountain lets himself be escorted off the field, looking giant and arrogant as ever. He seems very sure of himself.

Robert then walks back by you, glances down at the broken hammer and says to one of his guards, "Have that weapon tended to."

The guard nods and walks off with it. He then glances at you and all but thrusts his hammer into your chest. "Give it back when you're done, boy."

He sits back on his throne, still fuming.

"Now stop standing there you contemptible lot! Get back to it!"

d100

Edd

He laughs and says that makes sense.

"The mask just ass mystery.

He nods and says he'll be glad to see it.

I give him the current copy.

You change anything someone somewhere is going to get the short end of the stick and complain.

"As long as most like it, the wieners can get buggered."

He shrugs and says that the Stormlands are not in debt but the Crown is and as Master of Ships it wouldn't behoove him to take money as Master of Ships and not assuage the Crowns debt.  Robert laughs at that one.  "Just like you Stannis, so upright ya can't even pull your boots on."

"Then we'll list it as a zero interest lone," I reply, "To be paid off once the crown's coffers are right and proper once more. It's the least we can do in thanks."

He nods and promises to remember.  You think he might actually do it.

I look forward to it.

"Yes just a bit. So the lad is human and not all of his thoughts turn to gold."  Robert mutters with a laugh.

"No man is prefect."

Stannis looks to Robert and Robert says you have his support, that's enough for Stannis but he'll be keeping a close eye on them.  You feel some slight apprehension for your venture.

"Half the reason I'm willing to take this risk are these ships with the weapons. The Iron Fleet will soon be obsolete. Might as well make use of it before they all become relics afloat."

The lights flash in both men's eyes.  Very interesting lad.  If they work it'd change the nature of warfare on the seas.

"If it goes to plan, it'll change the nature of warfare in a way not seen since the Andels crossed the narrow seas. Imagine blocks of footmen armed with handheld versions. Imagine the same weapons we're putting on ships mounted on a carriage and drawn to the battlefield by horse to rain suffering on the foe... rather nasty I will admit, and not very sporting... but the Targs were accepted as kings based on the strength of their dragons. If all goes to plan, then these will be our dragons."

He'll hold you to it and you KNOW that he will.

Good. Because I want prototype canon done as soon as possible.

He will of course be getting one of the first built. I'll be keeping the one on Dragonstone for testing and will be wanting him to put it under a reliable crew who will put it through its paces and then give as much feadback as possible to improve future classes.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:10 am

Psyckosama wrote:He's Mommy's perfect prince. That shoudl be enough....

Joff-Logic

HA! He'd do better if his mother hated him if he wanted Daddy's love.

She groans. "Damn your honor."

"I'm a bastard. I was born with a deficit when it comes to honor. Have to make up for it somewhere."

Honestly you're starting to wonder if he's a horse or a demon in horse-form :p

So long as he's kicking everyone else's ass then I'm okay with whatever the hell he is.

You get in close and begin your assault. Now that you have your focus he's being pushed to the ropes. You're having a hard time injuring him but its clear to all whose the superior fighter.

Awesome.

You're both busy.

Right then.

And of course there is no evidence...

AARRGH!

And the Melee has now turned into a small scale battle... the men from the other kingdoms decide to wait it out, picking at eachother and avoiding the twirling carnage that has become almost an all out war.

It's then you hear the king's voice bellow over the combat.

"ENOUGH!!!"

Everyone stops to see Robert walk out onto the field almost GLOWING with rage and holding his hammer so tightly you swear you can hear the metal groaning.

"WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" He roars, "AND THE FIRST MAN WHO TRIES TO SPIN SOME KIND OF BULLSHIT TALE GETS MY HAMMER TO THE HEAD!"

It's the mountain who speaks. "This boy humiliated and dishonored House Lannister. We're doing what any good banners would."

You can tell from just the sound of it "Any good banners would" involves your grizzly murder.

"That's fucking bullshit and you know it," Robert hisses. "And even if its not, this is the most unknightly bullshit I've seen since..." he growls and you swear his eyes glow for a moment, "For a very long time. Since you seem to be speaking for this lot, you get to explain the fuck is going on. GUARDS! Take the mountain to the dungeons. The rest of you..." he looks at the westerlanders who'd joined that melee. "Get off my fucking grounds before I throw you in the dungeons with him. You're all disqualified for unchivalrous behavior... and if as much as a single one of you leaves King's Landing before I'm satisfied I'll take it as an admission of guilt."

The Mountain lets himself be escorted off the field, looking giant and arrogant as ever. He seems very sure of himself.

Robert then walks back by you, glances down at the broken hammer and says to one of his guards, "Have that weapon tended to."

The guard nods and walks off with it. He then glances at you and all but thrusts his hammer into your chest. "Give it back when you're done, boy."

He sits back on his throne, still fuming.

"Now stop standing there you contemptible lot! Get back to it!"

d100

I stare blinking for a moment, then I look around and point at a random fighter. "YOU! HAVE AT THEE!" Then I charge him aiming to clobber him with Robert's hammer.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
54




Edd

"The mask just ass mystery.

OOC: Was that a typo?

I give him the current copy.

"Just need to find someone to read it for me."

"As long as most like it, the wieners can get buggered."

HAH!

"Then we'll list it as a zero interest lone," I reply, "To be paid off once the crown's coffers are right and proper once more. It's the least we can do in thanks."

Stannis glances to Robert who shrugs, Stannis then gives a curt nod, "As my prince says."

"No man is prefect."

"You certainly seemed to be pushing for it. Gods you're not even 20 yet."

"Half the reason I'm willing to take this risk are these ships with the weapons. The Iron Fleet will soon be obsolete. Might as well make use of it before they all become relics afloat."

"Not like they could fight us ship to ship anyway. I proved that when I fought Aeron Greyjoy and the Iron Fleet at Fair Isle. The Iron Born are the best sea raiders and marauders but that is all they are. They can't stand in a proper fight. So they slink and jab, like Jackals."

"If it goes to plan, it'll change the nature of warfare in a way not seen since the Andels crossed the narrow seas. Imagine blocks of footmen armed with handheld versions. Imagine the same weapons we're putting on ships mounted on a carriage and drawn to the battlefield by horse to rain suffering on the foe... rather nasty I will admit, and not very sporting... but the Targs were accepted as kings based on the strength of their dragons. If all goes to plan, then these will be our dragons."

Robert and Stannis both blink at the implications there. "And where would the knights be?"

Good. Because I want prototype canon done as soon as possible.

He will of course be getting one of the first built. I'll be keeping the one on Dragonstone for testing and will be wanting him to put it under a reliable crew who will put it through its paces and then give as much feadback as possible to improve future classes.

Right then. Anything else? Or back home to King's Landing you've been gone for months now.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:38 am

Brian Boru wrote:HA! He'd do better if his mother hated him if he wanted Daddy's love.

Joff-not compute.

"I'm a bastard. I was born with a deficit when it comes to honor.  Have to make up for it somewhere."

"Make up somewhere else."

So long as he's kicking everyone else's ass then I'm okay with whatever the hell he is.

Ok

I stare blinking for a moment, then I look around and point at a random fighter.  "YOU!  HAVE AT THEE!"  Then I charge him aiming to clobber him with Robert's hammer.

Well, the battle goes on... while the numbers are reduced they're still taking it seriously. The point that "Dog Pyling" one person in an attmept to mass murder him doesn't pass is understood, but several still gang up on you simply in the hopes of eleminating you.

They get a boot to the ass.

You find yourself up against Ser Barristan himself who salutes you and them moves in to attack.

Edd

OOC: Was that a typo?

Yes. Though maybe more a fruidan slip.

"Just need to find someone to read it for me."

I blink but don't comment. He's not literate?

Stannis glances to Robert who shrugs, Stannis then gives a curt nod, "As my prince says."

I nod to him.

"You certainly seemed to be pushing for it.  Gods you're not even 20 yet."

"Hey, I've got a lot of work to do any only one lifetime in which to do it!"

"Not like they could fight us ship to ship anyway.  I proved that when I fought Aeron Greyjoy and the Iron Fleet at Fair Isle.  The Iron Born are the best sea raiders and marauders but that is all they are.  They can't stand in a proper fight.  So they slink and jab, like Jackals."

"This design carries enough sail that they wouldn't be able to out run it and could only outmaneuver it in the shallows..."

Robert and Stannis both blink at the implications there.  "And where would the knights be?"

"It would spell the end of an era as surely as an andels with iron swords brought an end to the age of the first men," I reply with the finality of a northern winter. "But those who were flexible enough to adapt would carry on. Those worthies would become officers and the elites. There will always be a need for men skilled with the sword and steed, but my guess is armor will lighten and weapons will change. Shining armor and charge of lance will become a thing of torneys and romantic tails of times long passed that leave out all the dirty bits about rape and pillage."

I let that sink in for a moment. "But what makes a knight isn't his arms and horse. It's his conduct, something we have to admit has become wanting in the last centuries. This is our chance to restore balance. But this is a long term plan... not something to enact before we're ready to show the world that the stag's antlers make it a far mightier beast than any lion or dragon."

Right then.  Anything else?  Or back home to King's Landing you've been gone for months now.

We were going to hit up Summerhall and Tarth.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:He begins to sweat, but he isn't cracking yet...might need to do something more ...extreme.

"You know, I've never been a big fan of torture," I say conversationally, then reach over and break his finger. "Hurt a man enough and he'll tell you anything you want to hear, but it won't necessarily have anything to do with what he actually knows. Now, I don't particularly need to know very much from you at all. I've done some investigating into just who your master is and where he's buried his bodies. But you'll be a convenient showpiece to have around when we leave for Landing tomorrow, and when I throw you in front of the King. I don't imagine he'll be very fond of what you've been doing. Neither will the Queen, albeit for an entirely different reason."

I break another finger.

"But I've been told I'm a very obliging fellow, so I'm inclined to give you the opportunity to decide your fate, if even by a little. Who knows, maybe you'll come out of this alive and not very maimed at all. So, go ahead."

I smile again and grab another finger.

"Tell me something I don't know."

Both women are fine but they're wondering if you're a magnet for trouble.  Though they say so in jest.

... sadly, it's a jest unfortunately close to the truth. I am glad they aren't hurt though, and apply tactical hugs as needed.

You get the feeling your dinner tonight might be a bit...lacking in fat...

Eh. As long as they tenderize the meat it should be fine. Maybe stew it with some staples and spices.

They understand they'll get to work immediately and prepare for the ride into King's Landing.  It'll take a day to settle everything here.

Any orders on what to do while you're gone yet again?  There haven't been any disputes but your neighbors ARE going to want to speak with you eventually.  And brawling with secret orders isn't going to warm yourself to them.

I think they'll understand where someone coming onto your land and killing your people, then trying to kill you, might be something you want to deal with as soon as possible. I'll pen a few missives in explanation all the same. My steward's dealt with these people for however long, he should know what they'll respond to best.

Meanwhile, I have him keep the men at arms on hand and then I speak to ... hunters. I tell them I don't particularly care what they've been up to thus far, but given the current situation I'm favorably inclined towards hiring them outright and paying them for any information on any individuals of fell intent to enter my lands. If they do a good job of it, I might wrangle some genuine hunting permits for them so they have some actual returns from their enthusiastic walks rather than simply enjoying the scenery.

And yes, I say that last bit with a straight face.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:00 am

Psyckosama wrote:Joff-not compute.

HAH

"Make up somewhere else."

"You know what...fine...after the melee if I'm not dead we'll find some private corner no one knows about and we'll...discuss things." The most devilish smile is on my face.

Well, the battle goes on... while the numbers are reduced they're still taking it seriously. The point that "Dog Pyling" one person in an attmept to mass murder him doesn't pass is understood, but several still gang up on you simply in the hopes of eleminating you.

They get a boot to the ass.

Heh.

You find yourself up against Ser Barristan himself who salutes you and them moves in to attack.

I charge as well, I am to knock him off his horse but not kill. I am also not going to fight stupid with one of THE best fighters in all of the Seven Kingdoms.



Edd
Yes. Though maybe more a fruidan slip.[/quote]

HA

I blink but don't comment. He's not literate?

If you mean Davos then no he isn't. If I screwed that up somehow then Stannis instead says he'll look at in full when he has the time.

"Hey, I've got a lot of work to do any only one lifetime in which to do it!"

"Just make sure you live as well lad."

"Duty is important as well. It would be foolish to waste time."

"Waste Time? Living your life is CERTAINLY NOT wasting time?"

"If 'living' is wine and women then I consider that a waste."

You might have a fight on your hands here.

"This design carries enough sail that they wouldn't be able to out run it and could only outmaneuver it in the shallows..."

"Really now?"

"It would spell the end of an era as surely as an andels with iron swords brought an end to the age of the first men," I reply with the finality of a northern winter. "But those who were flexible enough to adapt would carry on. Those worthies would become officers and the elites. There will always be a need for men skilled with the sword and steed, but my guess is armor will lighten and weapons will change. Shining armor and charge of lance will become a thing of torneys and romantic tails of times long passed that leave out all the dirty bits about rape and pillage."

I let that sink in for a moment. "But what makes a knight isn't his arms and horse. It's his conduct, something we have to admit has become wanting in the last centuries. This is our chance to restore balance. But this is a long term plan... not something to enact before we're ready to show the world that the stag's antlers make it a far mightier beast than any lion or dragon."

Stannis seems intrigued, you think. He's got a severe beef with nobles never doing as commanded and if it curtails their power then he's for it. Robert...is more dubious of this. He became king under the current fighting system, fought all his battles under it, won he wars. He knows how to fight such battles and he's extremely good at it. Taking that away...disturbs him.

We were going to hit up Summerhall and Tarth.

Ah right. Which first?

Either way roll a d20 for Summerhall or d100 for Tarth.



Rieverre wrote:"You know, I've never been a big fan of torture," I say conversationally, then reach over and break his finger. "Hurt a man enough and he'll tell you anything you want to hear, but it won't necessarily have anything to do with what he actually knows. Now, I don't particularly need to know very much from you at all. I've done some investigating into just who your master is and where he's buried his bodies. But you'll be a convenient showpiece to have around when we leave for Landing tomorrow, and when I throw you in front of the King. I don't imagine he'll be very fond of what you've been doing. Neither will the Queen, albeit for an entirely different reason."

I break another finger.

"But I've been told I'm a very obliging fellow, so I'm inclined to give you the opportunity to decide your fate, if even by a little. Who knows, maybe you'll come out of this alive and not very maimed at all. So, go ahead."

I smile again and grab another finger.

"Tell me something I don't know."

He SHRIEKS like a banshee at the first broken finger but doesn't talk, the other makes him weep. When you grab the third he spills he says he knows where Valarr is. He's waiting in a tavern in King's Landing for a message of success or failure. If he doesn't get in the next few days then he'll disappear into some dark hole and only maybe the spider himself will find him.

... sadly, it's a jest unfortunately close to the truth. I am glad they aren't hurt though, and apply tactical hugs as needed.

Anna's motherly. Hennah's a bit warmer.

Eh. As long as they tenderize the meat it should be fine. Maybe stew it with some staples and spices.

Seems the cook has some real skill as the meat is wonderful.

I think they'll understand where someone coming onto your land and killing your people, then trying to kill you, might be something you want to deal with as soon as possible. I'll pen a few missives in explanation all the same. My steward's dealt with these people for however long, he should know what they'll respond to best.

The steward adds the names as needed and seals and has them sent though he hopes you can speak with them proper soon. They're knightly houses also sworn to the crown but they'll want to meet the King's son soon and might take offense if you hold off too long.

Meanwhile, I have him keep the men at arms on hand and then I speak to ... hunters. I tell them I don't particularly care what they've been up to thus far, but given the current situation I'm favorably inclined towards hiring them outright and paying them for any information on any individuals of fell intent to enter my lands. If they do a good job of it, I might wrangle some genuine hunting permits for them so they have some actual returns from their enthusiastic walks rather than simply enjoying the scenery.

And yes, I say that last bit with a straight face.

A few rough looking men sweat a bit, but when you continue they relax and say they'll keep a watch out for any more funny business when they go...walking.

Well the bodies of both attackers and victims are taken care of and two days later you get ready to leave Myranda is coming along as are your companions. Do you bring Mya along or let her act in your stead here? Might be better to keep you separate for the moment that way they can't catch the both of you in one spot. One the other hand they haven't exactly shown any hesitancy to kill eh?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:"You know what...fine...after the melee if I'm not dead we'll find some private corner no one knows about and we'll...discuss things."  The most devilish smile is on my face.

She grins. "Finally..."


I charge as well, I am to knock him off his horse but not kill.  I am also not going to fight stupid with one of THE best fighters in all of the Seven Kingdoms.

I'd think by this point you'd know to roll...

Edd

If you mean Davos then no he isn't.  If I screwed that up somehow then Stannis instead says he'll look at in full when he has the time.

Lets say I offer it to both. And I humbly suggest Davos learn. The written word is going to become more common in the comming years due to another of my projects, so by learning his letters now he can get a leg up.

"Just make sure you live as well lad."

"Duty is important as well. It would be foolish to waste time."

"Waste Time?  Living your life is CERTAINLY NOT wasting time?"

"If 'living' is wine and women then I consider that a waste."

You might have a fight on your hands here.

"Shit up. Both of you," I snap.

I point to Robert. "Father, I love you but unless you have someone riding your ass like a crib house whore you'll always choose the wine and wenches over doing your bloody job."

I point to Stannis. "And you Uncle, I care for you dearly, but you have such a myopic narrow minded focus on duty above all else that it seems the only thing you delight in is worrying yourself to misery."

"You're both right. And you're both wrong. If the gods had only seen fit to give you some of your brother's duty... and you some of your brother's love of life, you'd both be much better off for it..."

I grin. "Father, I'm tempted to seal you in the Tower of the Hand with Obara and a bullwhip until you've properly reviewed all of the hands records and missives for the last six months..." then I turn to Stannis, "And you... part of me want to lock you in a brothel and not let you out until you've gotten drunk and made the eight!"

"A man can follow his duty while enjoying himself... and a man can be dutiful without being miserable. That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

[quote]"Really now?"
"Shit up. Both of you," I snap.

I point to Robert. "Father, I love you but unless you have someone riding your ass like a crib house whore you'll always choose the wine and wenches over doing your bloody job."

I point to Stannis. "And you Uncle, I care for you dearly, but you have such a myopic narrow minded focus on duty above all else that it seems the only thing you delight in is worrying yourself to misery."

"You're both right. And you're both wrong. If the gods had only seen fit to give you some of your brother's duty... and you some of your brother's love of life, you'd both be much better off for it..."

I grin. "Father, I'm tempted to seal you in the Tower of the Hand with Obara and a bullwhip until you've properly reviewed all of the hands records and missives for the last six months..." then I turn to Stannis, "And you... part of me want to lock you in a brothel and not let you out until you've gotten drunk and made the eight!"

"Really now?"

"THe center mounted rudder and dedicated stearing sail give it good agility for its size... as for speed... well..."

I pull out the plan for the ships sheeting based on my own study... its basically a late 17th century rigging style... which would make it in all honesty the most elaborate set of sheeting he's ever seen in his life.

Three masts and a number of sails bordering on ludicrous. Though the amount of wind it would be able to catch would be equally as obscene.

Stannis seems intrigued, you think.  He's got a severe beef with nobles never doing as commanded and if it curtails their power then he's for it.  Robert...is more dubious of this.  He became king under the current fighting system, fought all his battles under it, won he wars.  He knows how to fight such battles and he's extremely good at it.  Taking that away...disturbs him.

"Think of it this way, father... barring idiots and their rebellions, the change over probably won't be seriously noticeable until you've retired from the field or even until I've become king. You might very well be remembered as the last and greatest of the chilveric kings.

We were going to hit up Summerhall and Tarth.

Ah right.  Which first?

Summerhall as Tarth is on the way back to KL

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d20 (Image not informed.) :
7

And while we are still in Storms End I suggest that Robert visit tonmen. It was Cercei's lies that damned him, not the boy himself. You loved him as a son once. Don't let her take EVERYTHING from the poor boy.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:He SHRIEKS like a banshee at the first broken finger but doesn't talk, the other makes him weep. When you grab the third he spills he says he knows where Valarr is.  He's waiting in a tavern in King's Landing for a message of success or failure.  If he doesn't get in the next few days then he'll disappear into some dark hole and only maybe the spider himself will find him.

Better than I'd expected, but maybe a little too good. Not sure how close this Valarr is to the one I recall, but if he's capable of what I think he's capable of I'll need Valyrian steel to take him on if he's aware. Pretty sure we don't have any of the in our armory or kit, but I'll still check to make doubly certain.

Ideally, we should make for King's Landing as planned, but I'd ride ahead alone to get there before the others and try for the Red Keep to speak to Robert. I'd consider sending a raven, but Pycelle, so yeah, no. There's less of a chance of me going alone being noticed than if I arrived with my party, and I'd be able to move more quickly. Hopefully that'll keep Valarr from being warned, and if there's one place I might be able to get some Valyrian steel it's the Red Keep.

Seems the cook has some real skill as the meat is wonderful.

Speaks of practice. Again, as long as it's good I don't really mind horse.

The steward adds the names as needed and seals and has them sent though he hopes you can speak with them proper soon.  They're knightly houses also sworn to the crown but they'll want to meet the King's son soon and might take offense if you hold off too long.

"I'll speak with them before too long, but right now my priority is seeing that this kind of thing doesn't happen again."

A few rough looking men sweat a bit, but when you continue they relax and say they'll keep a watch out for any more funny business when they go...walking.

Well the bodies of both attackers and victims are taken care of and two days later you get ready to leave Myranda is coming along as are your companions. Do you bring Mya along or let her act in your stead here? Might be better to keep you separate for the moment that way they can't catch the both of you in one spot.  One the other hand they haven't exactly shown any hesitancy to kill eh?

They won't be catching both of us in one spot anyway, unless it's on the road for a time, but for one the steward knows what's what, for another my entire entourage is going, and finally Mya'll be useful in keeping everyone in line when I break off on my own as we're reaching Landing. So yeah, I'd rather she come with. I'll also take a few of the men at arms with and one or two of the hunters - as many as we have horse for, really, since we want to be making good time.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She grins. "Finally..."

“If your brother still manages to find us I’m going to claim you assaulted ME.” I say this with a cheesy grin.

I'd think by this point you'd know to roll…

Right then.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
86




Edd

Lets say I offer it to both. And I humbly suggest Davos learn. The written word is going to become more common in the comming years due to another of my projects, so by learning his letters now he can get a leg up.

“I guess so.” Davos says, though he doesn’t look forward to it if his face is any indicator.

"Shut up. Both of you," I snap.

The sudden reprimand shuts both of them up. They both stare at you, surprised that you’d do that.

I point to Robert. "Father, I love you but unless you have someone riding your ass like a crib house whore you'll always choose the wine and wenches over doing your bloody job."

He splutters and turns red.

I point to Stannis. "And you Uncle, I care for you dearly, but you have such a myopic narrow minded focus on duty above all else that it seems the only thing you delight in is worrying yourself to misery."

He turns white and you hear his teeth grind.

[quote]"You're both right. And you're both wrong. If the gods had only seen fit to give you some of your brother's duty... and you some of your brother's love of life, you'd both be much better off for it..."

I grin. "Father, I'm tempted to seal you in the Tower of the Hand with Obara and a bullwhip until you've properly reviewed all of the hands records and missives for the last six months..." then I turn to Stannis, "And you... part of me want to lock you in a brothel and not let you out until you've gotten drunk and made the eight!"
[

Horror and indignation respectively.

[quote]"A man can follow his duty while enjoying himself... and a man can be dutiful without being miserable. That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

Both men look like they want to punch you then they look to each other.

“From the mouth of youth comes wisdom it seems.” Robert comments. “Truce brother?”

“Truce.” They shake hands.

"THe center mounted rudder and dedicated stearing sail give it good agility for its size... as for speed... well..."

I pull out the plan for the ships sheeting based on my own study... its basically a late 17th century rigging style... which would make it in all honesty the most elaborate set of sheeting he's ever seen in his life.

Three masts and a number of sails bordering on ludicrous. Though the amount of wind it would be able to catch would be equally as obscene.

“Fascinating…”

"Think of it this way, father... barring idiots and their rebellions, the change over probably won't be seriously noticeable until you've retired from the field or even until I've become king. You might very well be remembered as the last and greatest of the chilveric kings.

He snorts, “Aye I guess that wouldn’t be so bad.

Summerhall as Tarth is on the way back to KL

Alright.

7

Well the trek actually goes pretty well.

When you finally reach Summerhall, instead of the burnt out wreck that you had been told of. You instead see a swarm of men working to build something...not exactly defensable but is a beauty nonetheless. You manage to spot Renly who’s going over some sort of plans with a master builder. He’s grown out his facial hair in the meantime.

When he sees you coming down the road he immediately comes to welcome Robert and the rest of the caravan.

“Welcome my Royal Brother. I’d ask if you would stay under my hall but unfortunately it seems that I haven’t a roof for said hall just yet.

And while we are still in Storms End I suggest that Robert visit tonmen. It was Cercei's lies that damned him, not the boy himself. You loved him as a son once. Don't let her take EVERYTHING from the poor boy.

OOC: Erm...where did we stick him?



Rieverre wrote:Better than I'd expected, but maybe a little too good. Not sure how close this Valarr is to the one I recall, but if he's capable of what I think he's capable of I'll need Valyrian steel to take him on if he's aware. Pretty sure we don't have any of the in our armory or kit, but I'll still check to make doubly certain.

Well Bobby does have a Dagger of that sort...somewhere.

Ideally, we should make for King's Landing as planned, but I'd ride ahead alone to get there before the others and try for the Red Keep to speak to Robert. I'd consider sending a raven, but Pycelle, so yeah, no. There's less of a chance of me going alone being noticed than if I arrived with my party, and I'd be able to move more quickly. Hopefully that'll keep Valarr from being warned, and if there's one place I might be able to get some Valyrian steel it's the Red Keep.

Right then. Your horse is prepared. All the...girls asks that you stay safe. Myranda clutching you when you have a moment alone.

Speaks of practice. Again, as long as it's good I don't really mind horse.

Heh.

"I'll speak with them before too long, but right now my priority is seeing that this kind of thing doesn't happen again."

Understandable. Though he’s holding off telling them about a secret order of bastard killers just yet. Might get the wrong attention or make people think you’re either blowing them off, are crazy or both.

They won't be catching both of us in one spot anyway, unless it's on the road for a time, but for one the steward knows what's what, for another my entire entourage is going, and finally Mya'll be useful in keeping everyone in line when I break off on my own as we're reaching Landing. So yeah, I'd rather she come with. I'll also take a few of the men at arms with and one or two of the hunters - as many as we have horse for, really, since we want to be making good time.

Right then. Off you go then. Bidding your people good-bye once again...this is beginning to become a pattern everyone thinks.

Roll a d6.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Brian Boru wrote:“If your brother still manages to find us I’m going to claim you assaulted ME.”  I say this with a cheesy grin.

She snorts.


Right then.

86

You QUICKLY discover his reputation is well earned and are put right on the ropes. You need to fight hard to recover lest he kick your ass.


Edd

“I guess so.” Davos says, though he doesn’t look forward to it if his face is any indicator.

I shrug.

The sudden reprimand shuts both of them up.  They both stare at you, surprised that you’d do that.

Arms cross.

He splutters and turns red.

The truth hurts.

He turns white and you hear his teeth grind.

Is that his answer to everything?

Horror and indignation respectively.

The look on my face shows I'm getting tempted.

Both men look like they want to punch you then they look to each other.  

My look just says "Bring it."

“From the mouth of youth comes wisdom it seems.”  Robert comments.  “Truce brother?”

“Truce.” They shake hands.

I sigh. "I'm sorry about that... but we have thick heads in our line. You two might not get along, but when you work together you're stronger than you are alone. Come on. Lets go on a family hunt. The three of us."

He snorts, “Aye I guess that wouldn’t be so bad.

I smile. "See, its not all bad... and even in a new era there will still be honor."

When you finally reach Summerhall, instead of the burnt out wreck that you had been told of.  You instead see a swarm of men working to build something...not exactly defensable but is a beauty nonetheless.  You manage to spot Renly who’s going over some sort of plans with a master builder.  He’s grown out his facial hair in the meantime.

When he sees you coming down the road he immediately comes to welcome Robert and the rest of the caravan.

“Welcome my Royal Brother. I’d ask if you would stay under my hall but unfortunately it seems that I haven’t a roof for said hall just yet.

I laugh and give him a hug. "UNCLE!"

"The castle is looking wonderful! Your touch is artistry!"

OOC: Erm...where did we stick him?

Storms End. His Sister is at Summerhall.

Joffery I don't remember where... nor do I really care. Fuck him.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:54 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well Bobby does have a Dagger of that sort...somewhere.

... well, I could possibly just club any shades to death with my bow, or maybe just shoot Valarr in passing, but the latter would only work if I killed him sooo ... yeah.

Right then.  Your horse is prepared. All the...girls asks that you stay safe.  Myranda clutching you when you have a moment alone.

I have plenty of reasons to stay alive. ^^

Understandable.  Though he’s holding off telling them about a secret order of bastard killers just yet.  Might get the wrong attention or make people think you’re either blowing them off, are crazy or both.

It's a matter of public record that I've had people trying to kill me. Or at least a matter of public rumor, given I was hardly traveling alone last time I came to Landing. There's no need to mention anything about the Bloodseekers.

Right then.  Off you go then.  Bidding your people good-bye once again...this is beginning to become a pattern everyone thinks.

Roll a d6.

Yes, but like a bad penny, I always make my way back.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Dice Bot on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:54 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 5

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:28 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She snorts.

Chuckling.

You QUICKLY discover his reputation is well earned and are put right on the ropes. You need to fight hard to recover lest he kick your ass.

Right I'm gonna go on the defensive here. Fight smart wear him down. I can't leave myself open to an attack. I KNOW I've got better stamina than him.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
23


Edd

Is that his answer to everything?

It's a wonder he has teeth.

The look on my face shows I'm getting tempted.

HA!

I sigh. "I'm sorry about that... but we have thick heads in our line. You two might not get along, but when you work together you're stronger than you are alone. Come on. Lets go on a family hunt. The three of us."

Robert sounds all for it. Stannis agrees somewhat grudgingly.

Roll a d10

I smile. "See, its not all bad... and even in a new era there will still be honor."

"Well it'll be your problem not mine."

I laugh and give him a hug. "UNCLE!"

"WHOOF! Please let me go before you break me in two!"

Once you do, "Gods you're strong lad. You're Robert's son alright."

"The castle is looking wonderful! Your touch is artistry!"

"Don't complement me. Master Yoren over there is the true master. The Tyrells were kind enough to recommend him to me and he's been a godssend."

He indicates the man he's been communicating with.

Storms End. His Sister is at Summerhall.

Joffery I don't remember where... nor do I really care. Fuck him.

Ah. In that case you come across Tommen, he's...doing alright. More than a little subdued from the chipper kid he'd been before but he's alright. He's made friends with Shireen. Though he sometimes stumbles about calling her his cousin. Though Shireen doesn't seem to mind that. Some others have corrected the kid about it.

If you talk with Shireen. She's says she likes having more kids to play with.

As for Myrcella...she seems much happier and seems to be still the sweet girl you saw before.

Rieverre wrote:... well, I could possibly just club any shades to death with my bow, or maybe just shoot Valarr in passing, but the latter would only work if I killed him sooo ... yeah.

huh...

I have plenty of reasons to stay alive. ^^

Indeed....giggity...

It's a matter of public record that I've had people trying to kill me. Or at least a matter of public rumor, given I was hardly traveling alone last time I came to Landing. There's no need to mention anything about the Bloodseekers.

Right.

Yes, but like a bad penny, I always make my way back.

5

Well when you reach the city you're recognized and allowed through pretty quick. However, you're told that Robert's left the city for a hunting trip to the South. Luckily Arryn's still here. Though considering his wife is currently going through another miscarriage right now....
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Brian Boru wrote:huh...

Well, weirwood is supposed to be kinda magical, so if push comes to shove that might work. And I'd still rather take the ... literal and figurative ... bastard alive though.

Well when you reach the city you're recognized and allowed through pretty quick.  However, you're told that Robert's left the city for a hunting trip to the South.  Luckily Arryn's still here.  Though considering his wife is currently going through another miscarriage right now....

Well fuck, this is a suboptimal situation.

I can't really afford to make for the Red Keep now either as I was recognized. That makes the chances of Hill being warned go up substantially, seeing as I faintly recall the Bloodseekers having an ... arrangement ... with the Goldcloaks. I suppose that means I'll need to trust in the capacity of my bowstaff to club any emergent shades into submission, should that become an issue, and take care of this matter first.

I'll head towards the meeting point I got out of the prisoner and scope out the situation.
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
Right I'm gonna go on the defensive here.  Fight smart wear him down.  I can't leave myself open to an attack.  I KNOW I've got better stamina than him.

You start fighting back in style and your brawl quickly becomes THE match to watch.

Roll again.

Edd

Robert sounds all for it.  Stannis agrees somewhat grudgingly.

Roll a d10

"Relax uncle, some time in the woods getting in touch with your primal self is good for you. Think back inside to our ancestors from a time before history. In those times they had not the duty of king and lord, but simply of hunter and man. It was simple and pure. You hunt to feed your family, failure means starvation, success means life. It's simple in its purity. No courts, no numbers, no simpering fools crawling over themselves for base favor.... just you, the beast, and the realities of nature. There is nothing more pure and honest. Embrace that purity and focus your efforts on on that primal duty of manhood."

"Well it'll be your problem not mine."

"Aye... though if you're still alive I will be picking your brain. Don't expect to hand me the crown and slink off to become a sell sword in Essos like I know you're half temped to do. I will drag you back kicking and screaming if I have to..."

"WHOOF!  Please let me go before you break me in two!"

Once you do, "Gods you're strong lad.  You're Robert's son alright."

"Nah, more you need to work out more...." I say with a laugh.

"Don't complement me.  Master Yoren over there is the true master.  The Tyrells were kind enough to recommend him to me and he's been a godssend."

He indicates the man he's been communicating with.

"I give credit to both. I know your eye had something to do with it..." I smile at Master Yoren. "Though I will be needing an architect for some of my projects... I have ideas in the works that could leave your name on a world of firsts... and that is immortality of a kind now isn't it?"

Ah.  In that case you come across Tommen, he's...doing alright. More than a little subdued from the chipper kid he'd been before but he's alright.  He's made friends with Shireen.  Though he sometimes stumbles about calling her his cousin.  Though Shireen doesn't seem to mind that.  Some others have corrected the kid about it.

I give him a hug and tell him that to me he'll always be like a brother... it is not his fault what was done to him. And he gets a hug.

If you talk with Shireen.  She's says she likes having more kids to play with.

I smile and hug her too...

And wish I had magics that could heal her. But even SCIENCE! can't do that.

As for Myrcella...she seems much happier and seems to be still the sweet girl you saw before.

And im my heart she'll always be my little sister and queen of love and beauty...

And when she grows, if her Grandfather tries anything foolish like marrying her off to one she doesn't love... I'm a raven away.

At this point its BONDING TIME!

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:13 am

Rieverre wrote:Well, weirwood is supposed to be kinda magical, so if push comes to shove that might work. And I'd still rather take the ... literal and figurative ... bastard alive though.

heh

Well fuck, this is a suboptimal situation.

Heh

I can't really afford to make for the Red Keep now either as I was recognized. That makes the chances of Hill being warned go up substantially, seeing as I faintly recall the Bloodseekers having an ... arrangement ... with the Goldcloaks. I suppose that means I'll need to trust in the capacity of my bowstaff to club any emergent shades into submission, should that become an issue, and take care of this matter first.

I'll head towards the meeting point I got out of the prisoner and scope out the situation.

Right roll a d100



Psyckosama wrote:You start fighting back in style and your brawl quickly becomes THE match to watch.

Roll again.

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :
98


Edd

"Relax uncle, some time in the woods getting in touch with your primal self is good for you. Think back inside to our ancestors from a time before history. In those times they had not the duty of king and lord, but simply of hunter and man. It was simple and pure. You hunt to feed your family, failure means starvation, success means life. It's simple in its purity. No courts, no numbers, no simpering fools crawling over themselves for base favor.... just you, the beast, and the realities of nature. There is nothing more pure and honest. Embrace that purity and focus your efforts on on that primal duty of manhood."

...Stannis finally agrees though he's doing this somewhat under duress...

So of the three of you and a few guards ride off into the forests. The trees thick but the game relatively plentiful. You'll need to do this on foot though as the horses can't run among the trees too well.

Roll a d10 for tracking.

"Aye... though if you're still alive I will be picking your brain. Don't expect to hand me the crown and slink off to become a sell sword in Essos like I know you're half temped to do. I will drag you back kicking and screaming if I have to..."

"HAH!"

"Nah, more you need to work out more...." I say with a laugh.

Grumble.

"I give credit to both. I know your eye had something to do with it..." I smile at Master Yoren. "Though I will be needing an architect for some of my projects... I have ideas in the works that could leave your name on a world of firsts... and that is immortality of a kind now isn't it?"

That rather piques his interest. He WOULD rather enjoy being remembered for something of beauty rather than beating the shit out of someone like his brothers. He's not for the battle-field and he'd rather have something that he'll the unique for doing.

I give him a hug and tell him that to me he'll always be like a brother... it is not his fault what was done to him. And he gets a hug.

He asks about his momma, you've seen her right? Is he ever going to see her? If you glance up a few people shake heir heads in the negative. Yeah seems letting them meet up is not in the cards. He still lucky he wasn't booted to the Wall or given to the Septons already...or else the streets.

I smile and hug her too...

And wish I had magics that could heal her. But even SCIENCE! can't do that.

She appreciates the hug, most people don't like hugging her because of the scales...

And im my heart she'll always be my little sister and queen of love and beauty...

And when she grows, if her Grandfather tries anything foolish like marrying her off to one she doesn't love... I'm a raven away.

More like the silent sisters.

At this point its BONDING TIME!

Such as?
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:57 am

Brian Boru wrote:Right roll a d100

rollan
avatar
Rieverre

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2012-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Dice Bot on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:57 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 89

Dice Bot

Posts : 102
Join date : 2013-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:31 am

Brian Boru wrote:89

Lets make a deal. Yu give Riverre a break and I'll give you one...


Edd

...Stannis finally agrees though he's doing this somewhat under duress...  

Motherfucker. I even appeal to his sense of DUTY for fucks sake... >_<

I do mutter to Robert "Would it help if we ORDERED him to have fun?"

So of the three of you and a few guards ride off into the forests.  The trees thick but the game relatively plentiful.  You'll need to do this on foot though as the horses can't run among the trees too well.

Suits me fine.

Roll a d10 for tracking.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
1

"HAH!"

I look him dead in the eyes. "Kicking and screaming."

Grumble.

Smirk.

That rather piques his interest.  He WOULD rather enjoy being remembered for something of beauty rather than beating the shit out of someone like his brothers.  He's not for the battle-field and he'd rather have something that he'll the unique for doing.

I show him my model suspension bridge.

He asks about his momma, you've seen her right?  Is he ever going to see her?  If you glance up a few people shake heir heads in the negative.  Yeah seems letting them meet up is not in the cards.  He still lucky he wasn't booted to the Wall or given to the Septons already...or else the streets.

Dude.

He's been legitimized as a Lannister as part of the deal to keep Lord Douchebag from going completely insane. Remember?

She appreciates the hug, most people don't like hugging her because of the scales...

"I will hear none of it. You are my little cousin and I will hug and spoil you rotten and anyone who has a problem with it can take it up with my fist."

I wonder... a blood transfusion from captain america in the comics was said to give an individual a portion of his powers. Would the regenerative effects be enough to heal grey scale damage?

More like the silent sisters.

LEGITIMATE LANNISTER.


Such as?

You're the GM. What would robert do to bond with Renly?

He hunt?

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:36 am

Rieverre wrote:89

Since Psycko asked I'll be merciful to ya.

Instead of getting ambushed, the meeting place seems relatively calm. Looking around you don't spot anyone out of the ordinary...until you spot a lock of silverish hair belonging to someone along the side of the wall. He seems very focused on his mug and doesn't seem to still have the sobriety to notice you but you get the distinct feeling that you're being CLOSELY examined.



Psyckosama wrote:Lets make a deal. Yu give Riverre a break and I'll give you one...

Fair enough.


Edd

Motherfucker. I even appeal to his sense of DUTY for fucks sake... >_<

I do mutter to Robert "Would it help if we ORDERED him to have fun?"

He nearly keels over laughing. Though if you REALLY press him. You figure out Stannis' idea of fun...is basically walking....that's it. Nothing but putting one foot after the other for hours....mother called him little marcher...when he wasn't scowling at anything...he had an interest in hawking for a while but that soured rather quickly.

Suits me fine.

Robert's suffering a bit hoofing it but amazingly Stannis is keeping apace with you with little trouble. You get the feeling that if the two of you did a Roman Leigionaire style death march he could likely match you.

1

OOC: Nymphomanic. Swedish. Bikini. Models.....

IC: Well it's about a few hours after noon when you manage to come across a set of deer tracks, a big stag if anything to go by. Following it for a while you soon find a clearing in the forest where you catch up to your quarry....

...a white stag is seen grazing there...utterly gorgeous...flawless fur...and antlers that could put small trees to shame with there perfect tines....

Even Stannis is a little amazed as what you find. None seem willing to cast a spear or draw a bow.

I look him dead in the eyes. "Kicking and screaming."

"...h-ha...?"

I show him my model suspension bridge.

He shows it to Yoren who while fascinated by the design isn't sure about the stability of the thing.

Dude.

He's been legitimized as a Lannister as part of the deal to keep Lord Douchebag from going completely insane. Remember?

...oh...nevermind....well let's just say mama's not really well at the moment...(Sandor isn't cruel but he ain't gentle and the sudden upchuck of her life has done NOTHING to help with her already deranged psyche)

"I will hear none of it. You are my little cousin and I will hug and spoil you rotten and anyone who has a problem with it can take it up with my fist."

She giggles at that.

I wonder... a blood transfusion from captain america in the comics was said to give an individual a portion of his powers. Would the regenerative effects be enough to heal grey scale damage?

You'd have to see if Comics logic can beat Planatos logic....or blood magic has to get involved somewhere.

You're the GM. What would robert do to bond with Renly?

He hunt?

Well he went with his brother in THAT hunt but that might not be normal. He DOES love tourneys for their pageantry.

Though it wouldn't be a really proper one they could set up some lists here.

Loras himself is coming by in the next few days....along with his sister... apparently when he learned that the royal party would be coming through he sent a message to high garden and they're coming along with the next train of building materials.
avatar
Brian Boru

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2012-08-04
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:51 am

Brian Boru wrote:Fair enough.

You're basically getting your ass kicked but you're holding your own well. Thankfully this has turned into an endurance match, and while he's basically better skilled to put it gently you just seem too suborn and too lucky to know when to call it quits... one more roll.
Edd

He nearly keels over laughing.  Though if you REALLY press him.  You figure out Stannis' idea of fun...is basically walking....that's it.  Nothing but putting one foot after the other for hours....mother called him little marcher...when he wasn't scowling at anything...he had an interest in hawking for a while but that soured rather quickly.

What happened?

Robert's suffering a bit hoofing it but amazingly Stannis is keeping apace with you with little trouble.  You get the feeling that if the two of you did a Roman Leigionaire style death march he could likely match you.

"I'd have thought you'd be used to it after the Riverlands..."

Anyways, tomorrow I tell Stannis outright. We're going for a walk.

And we do that Leigionaire style Deathmarch while talking.

OOC:  Nymphomanic. Swedish. Bikini. Models.....



IC:  Well it's about a few hours after noon when you manage to come across a set of deer tracks, a big stag if anything to go by.  Following it for a while you soon find a clearing in the forest where you catch up to your quarry....

...a white stag is seen grazing there...utterly gorgeous...flawless fur...and antlers that could put small trees to shame with there perfect tines....

Even Stannis is a little amazed as what you find.  None seem willing to cast a spear or draw a bow.

I hand my father my spear and slowly walk towards it making no great movements and try and move close without being a threat and hold my hand out to it.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
5

"...h-ha...?"



That's the look I give him.

He shows it to Yoren who while fascinated by the design isn't sure about the stability of the thing.

"That's why I'd like to make small scale tests before doing anything dramatic. A couple small bridges over small streams and rivers before something extraordinary." I grin.

...oh...nevermind....well let's just say mama's not really well at the moment...(Sandor isn't cruel but he ain't gentle and the sudden upchuck of her life has done NOTHING to help with her already deranged psyche)

Right. She's not well...

She giggles at that.

I smile. "I'm serious."

You'd have to see if Comics logic can beat Planatos logic....or blood magic has to get involved somewhere.

I'll look into that... I'm sure the Targs had a large library on magic.

Well he went with his brother in THAT hunt but that might not be normal.  He DOES love tourneys for their pageantry.

Though it wouldn't be a really proper one they could set up some lists here.

Loras himself is coming by in the next few days....along with his sister...  apparently when he learned that the royal party would be coming through he sent a message to high garden and they're coming along with the next train of building materials.

Wonderful. I wouldn't mind some games. In fact I'll sponsor it. It'll be a small purse and as its a more casual affair, it's agreed upon that there will be no risking ones livelihood. This is a small, friendly torny fought for love of chivalry not for personal gain.

And for that reason honorable behavior is twice as important.

Psyckosama
Admin

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum