Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:You're basically getting your ass kicked but you're holding your own well. Thankfully this has turned into an endurance match, and while he's basically better skilled to put it gently you just seem too suborn and too lucky to know when to call it quits... one more roll.

C'mon dice gods gimme a clean win here!

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Edd

What happened?

He'd tried to nurse a hawk back to health but the bird wouldn't ever fly, even after its wings were perfectly healthy. Everyone told him to get rid of it...and eventually he did...hasn't bothered with it since.

"I'd have thought you'd be used to it after the Riverlands..."

The hate in his eyes could melt steel.

Anyways, tomorrow I tell Stannis outright. We're going for a walk.

And we do that Leigionaire style Deathmarch while talking.

Was that a look of anticipation?

HA!

I hand my father my spear and slowly walk towards it making no great movements and try and move close without being a threat and hold my hand out to it.

Well it doesn't tear off into the woods but it does seem to be playing a game of keep away with you. Want to keep trying, just watch it, or get that spear?

That's the look I give him.

Heh

"That's why I'd like to make small scale tests before doing anything dramatic. A couple small bridges over small streams and rivers before something extraordinary." I grin.

Well he's curious and he might give it a shot, it'd make him remembered in the builder's guild that's for sure.

Right. She's not well...

If that's what you tell him then he asks if you could give her his kiss to make her better like she's done for him and his sister?

I smile. "I'm serious."

She gives you a tight hug for that.

I'll look into that... I'm sure the Targs had a large library on magic.

Might take some hunting.

Wonderful. I wouldn't mind some games. In fact I'll sponsor it. It'll be a small purse and as its a more casual affair, it's agreed upon that there will be no risking ones livelihood. This is a small, friendly torny fought for love of chivalry not for personal gain.

And for that reason honorable behavior is twice as important.

Right then, a small list and seats are set up and about 10-12 knights will be competing.

A few days later Loras, Margery and a retinue of guards and ladies come down from High Garden. Margery seems excited to see you...then is a bit confused at how Arriane and Tyene seem to draw near you like iron shavings to a lode stone. She then asks who your new friends are....did winter come all of a sudden or did an army just tramp over your grave?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:00 am

Brian Boru wrote:Since Psycko asked I'll be merciful to ya.

Instead of getting ambushed, the meeting place seems relatively calm.  Looking around you don't spot anyone out of the ordinary...until you spot a lock of silverish hair belonging to someone along the side of the wall.  He seems very focused on his mug and doesn't seem to still have the sobriety to notice you but you get the distinct feeling that you're being CLOSELY examined.

I grab a mug myself an exercise some tradecraft in picking a seat that's back to the wall and offers a good view of the tavern's common room. If I didn't notice him out of hand, then Valarr is likely not here yet or sent a proxy of some kind, since he himself is rather hard to miss - big and rangy with a mushroom haircut and an almost stereotypical villain's beard.

For now I'll try to pinpoint just who it is that's giving me the feeling of being watched while I pretend to enjoy my drink.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Brian Boru wrote:
C'mon dice gods gimme a clean win here!

The Grinding battle continues... blow for blow, strike for strike, though he seems to be tiring.

Edd

He'd tried to nurse a hawk back to health but the bird wouldn't ever fly, even after its wings were perfectly healthy.  Everyone told him to get rid of it...and eventually he did...hasn't bothered with it since.

Sounds like there was sometihng else the issue. Did it simply not fly or did it simply not leave his presence?

The hate in his eyes could melt steel.

"Father, I was there, remember? You weren't the one with Tyrion strapped to your back the entire way."

Was that a look of anticipation?

Heh. Well, we walk and talk.

Well it doesn't tear off into the woods but it does seem to be playing a game of keep away with you.  Want to keep trying, just watch it, or get that spear?

"I can't slay such a noble animal. This beast is the symbol of our house, more than any other stag in the forests. To do so would be an omen against our house. We can find another beast."

Well he's curious and he might give it a shot, it'd make him remembered in the builder's guild that's for sure.

Wonderful. If there's time we build a test bridge over a local stream. It's over slow moving water deep enough to ease an impact and shallow enough so you can stand in it.

If that's what you tell him then he asks if you could give her his kiss to make her better like she's done for him and his sister?

I frown and shake my head. "She's beyond kisses."

What I don't say is "That's how she got into this mess..."

She gives you a tight hug for that.

I laugh and ruffle her hair.

Right then, a small list and seats are set up and about 10-12 knights will be competing.

Right. Hedge knights are of course permitted. It's a chance for them to prove their honor.

A few days later Loras, Margery and a retinue of guards and ladies come down from High Garden.  Margery seems excited to see you...then is a bit confused at how Arriane and Tyene seem to draw near you like iron shavings to a lode stone.  She then asks who your new friends are....did winter come all of a sudden or did an army just tramp over your grave?

Fuck it. I'm rolling a diplomacy test.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:51 am

Rieverre wrote:I grab a mug myself an exercise some tradecraft in picking a seat that's back to the wall and offers a good view of the tavern's common room. If I didn't notice him out of hand, then Valarr is likely not here yet or sent a proxy of some kind, since he himself is rather hard to miss - big and rangy with a mushroom haircut and an almost stereotypical villain's beard.

For now I'll try to pinpoint just who it is that's giving me the feeling of being watched while I pretend to enjoy my drink.

The silver haired fellow continues to in his corner...ostensibly avoiding looking at you...so much so you're sure he's actively watching you like a hawk. Finally he rises and makes to leave....do you follow? You think he may have recognized you and realized this was a bust.

Psyckosama wrote:The Grinding battle continues... blow for blow, strike for strike, though he seems to be tiring.

I don't want to make him just drop his sword though dammit!

Edd

Sounds like there was sometihng else the issue. Did it simply not fly or did it simply not leave his presence?

Wouldn't fly even got fat.

"Father, I was there, remember? You weren't the one with Tyrion strapped to your back the entire way."

"Doesn't mean I like it!"

Heh. Well, we walk and talk.

He powerwalks at a rate that would leave Roman Troopers dying. But you manage to keep up. As you walk you exchange words. Your uncle is a hard bastard but he's smart and extremely able battle commander and the two of you discuss warfare. He's curious how to use powder-weapons.

"I can't slay such a noble animal. This beast is the symbol of our house, more than any other stag in the forests. To do so would be an omen against our house. We can find another beast."

None of them seem willing to cast a spear. So what do you wish to do then?

Wonderful. If there's time we build a test bridge over a local stream. It's over slow moving water deep enough to ease an impact and shallow enough so you can stand in it.

There's a little stream nearby you could use.

I frown and shake my head. "She's beyond kisses."

What I don't say is "That's how she got into this mess..."

He face falls and he looks like the world's saddest puppy that just got kicked when it expected a biscuit.

I laugh and ruffle her hair.

Squeak of indignation.

Right. Hedge knights are of course permitted. It's a chance for them to prove their honor.

Still not many.

Fuck it. I'm rolling a diplomacy test.

....swedish...bikini...models...

Well I won't explain what happened later but let's just say after much sniping, booze, screaming, thrown things and whatelse...an agreement is made.

WELCOME TO THE FUCKING HAREM YOU LUCKY GODDAM SON OF A BITCH!
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:33 am

Brian Boru wrote:I don't want to make him just drop his sword though dammit!

You start to press on him heavily. Now you're entering your second wind as he's losing his. His skill is greater, but yours is more than enough to hold your own and at this point, he clearly knows he can't win this honorably.

He draws back and says "I yield."

The crowd explodes.

But the melee isn't over. One more roll.

Edd

Wouldn't fly even got fat.

"Might have been injured in some unseen way."

"Doesn't mean I like it!"

I snort. "Well, it did wonders for your waistline."

He powerwalks at a rate that would leave Roman Troopers dying.  But you manage to keep up.  As you walk you exchange words.  Your uncle is a hard bastard but he's smart and extremely able battle commander and the two of you discuss warfare.  He's curious how to use powder-weapons.

Lined troops in close formation with light body armor and rifled muskets in multiple ranks to allow more to fire. Supported by light calvary and backed up by horse drawn cannon of bronze firing 12lb iron balls along with ranging skirmishers who's job it is to pick off what they deem targets of opportunity.

None of them seem willing to cast a spear.  So what do you wish to do then?

Like I said, find another beast.

There's a little stream nearby you could use.

Then we build it...

He face falls and he looks like the world's saddest puppy that just got kicked when it expected a biscuit.

He gets a hug.

Squeak of indignation.

Hug!

Still not many.

Aye.

....swedish...bikini...models...

Heh.

Well I won't explain what happened later but let's just say after much sniping, booze, screaming, thrown things and whatelse...an agreement is made.  

WELCOME TO THE FUCKING HAREM YOU LUCKY GODDAM SON OF A BITCH!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:59 am

Brian Boru wrote:The silver haired fellow continues to in his corner...ostensibly avoiding looking at you...so much so you're sure he's actively watching you like a hawk.  Finally he rises and makes to leave....do you follow?  You think he may have recognized you and realized this was a bust.

Yes, and I take care to not be blindsided when going through doorways and such. Either this is Valarr's man, and he'll have backup waiting in the wings, or he's not and he's being deliberate to engineer a conversation.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You start to press on him heavily. Now you're entering your second wind as he's losing his. His skill is greater, but yours is more than enough to hold your own and at this point, he clearly knows he can't win this honorably.

He draws back and says "I yield."

The crowd explodes.

I nod my head respectfully.

But the melee isn't over. One more roll.

Edd

"Might have been injured in some unseen way."

None that they could find.

I snort. "Well, it did wonders for your waistline."

Muttered curses.

Lined troops in close formation with light body armor and rifled muskets in multiple ranks to allow more to fire. Supported by light calvary and backed up by horse drawn cannon of bronze firing 12lb iron balls along with ranging skirmishers who's job it is to pick off what they deem targets of opportunity.

Interesting.....

Like I said, find another beast.

Roll a d100

Then we build it...

The first attempt...is ugly looking and more than a little loose but it works. Wouldn't put anything bigger than a child across it but it works.

He gets a hug.

Daww.

Hug!

Daww

OOC: I hate you sometimes.

Any way the next day is the tourney, you ride in it?

If so roll a d10.

Rieverre wrote:Yes, and I take care to not be blindsided when going through doorways and such. Either this is Valarr's man, and he'll have backup waiting in the wings, or he's not and he's being deliberate to engineer a conversation.

Well you head out of the tavern and tail the man, trying to make sure you don't lose him.

Roll 2 d10.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Brian Boru wrote:I nod my head respectfully.

He does the name to you.

It's a grind and you find yourself looking down the business end of a psycho with a green flaming sword who's charging right at you... :p

Which you simply strike with your hammer with enough force to shatter.

Sadly that sends flaming fragments flying, several of which hit the ground or even other knights. One poor bastard had it strike his cloak, which e flung off in terror before it could burn him alive. Most frighteningly one even manages to hit grass patches outside the grounds proper starting fires there. Thankfully though, none hit the various tents and displays...

And they manage to get sand to the fire outside the ground before the entire place goes up.

He looks at the sword, looks at you, and...

"Um... I yield."

After that you clean up the knew knights who are left. All the great competitors are gone.

Edd

None that they could find.

I pause for a moment, "You should have named him Little Robb and sent him to King's Landing..."

Muttered curses.

"That's not disagreement I hear!"

Interesting.....

"Then you'd have the irregulars. Hunters and rangers trained to move silently through the woods and attack the enemies foragers, supply lines, to target the leadership and cause terror in the hearts of the foe..." I let that sink in, "I don't say this in front of my father, but while I believe in the basic concepts of chivalry, I find war to be an utterly disgusting activity only acceptable when the evils of inaction outweigh the price of action. The only acceptable wars are those fought for reasons that are righteous and just."

I frown.

"There is no honor in war, no glory. When a knight kills a man on the field of battle, we shower him with flowers. When a noble slaughters his peasant for daring to hide grain so their families don't starve, we call it him taking his due. When a thief kills another man for his purse, we hang him from a tree. All are murder."

Now I'm sneering. "For every honorable contest of arms between brave Ser Knights you have a thousand smallfolk murdered simply for because it was convenient. All too many noble lords are nothing more than trumped up bandits. The descendents of long dead strongmen who terrorized the population into obeying them in times immaterial and have sat on their thrones of bones ever since, becoming legitimate via habit and the creative retelling of history. I say leave the brace contests of arms and honor to the Torny grounds. Was is murderous work, and the best way to win, the best way to save as many lives as possible, is to kill the other motherfucker and leave. Show your honor by showing kindness and mercy to the defeated, not by treating war like its a godsdamned spectator sport! This isn't Slaver's Bay! We're supposed to have fucking standards!"

One thing I do tell him as well at some point is this...

"If I'm king when you're too old to continue as Master of Ships, I'm probably going to be making you Master of Laws..."

Roll a d100

The first attempt...is ugly looking and more than a little loose but it works. Wouldn't put anything bigger than a child across it but it works.

Okay. First thing we do is we get a number of stones and a small cart, weigh them all... then start rolling them across using ropes to keep it moving true.

When it collapses, we note how much weight it was able to support and we have lots of people sitting around it to note the points of failure and how the collapse travels from there.

Then we do it all over again, learning from the previous test, and see how much better we can get it each go.

Small scale destructive testing is important to work the kinks out of a system ^_^

The new Grand Maester is here as well, BTW. And I'm open to EVERYONE's input.

Daww

I like being nice.

OOC: I hate you sometimes.

Meh. At least you've got an amazing horse.

Just don't try the Lemonaid.

Any way the next day is the tourney, you ride in it?

No. I'm the damned host. :p

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well you head out of the tavern and tail the man, trying to make sure you don't lose him.

Roll 2 d10.

... welp ... here's hoping ... though the bloodline isn't exactly known for being good at this whole 'subtle' thing.

... this is going to end up with a chase scene, I just know it.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:05 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd10' : 6, 5

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:03 am

Psyckosama wrote:He does the name to you.

Good.

It's a grind and you find yourself looking down the business end of a psycho with a green flaming sword who's charging right at you... :p

Which you simply strike with your hammer with enough force to shatter.

SUCKA!

Sadly that sends flaming fragments flying, several of which hit the ground or even other knights. One poor bastard had it strike his cloak, which e flung off in terror before it could burn him alive. Most frighteningly one even manages to hit grass patches outside the grounds proper starting fires there. Thankfully though, none hit the various tents and displays...

And they manage to get sand to the fire outside the ground before the entire place goes up.

"...sorry..."

He looks at the sword, looks at you, and...

"Um... I yield."

Hah!

After that you clean up the knew knights who are left. All the great competitors are gone.

I raise my hammer high into the sky, I roar a wordless cry of victory at the top of my lungs.  Then I turn to Myranda and dip my head.  "As promised I dedicate this victory to you my lady."

Edd

I pause for a moment, "You should have named him Little Robb and sent him to King's Landing..."

This was before the rebellion.

"That's not disagreement I hear!"

Oh that was just foul where did he learn language like that?

"Then you'd have the irregulars. Hunters and rangers trained to move silently through the woods and attack the enemies foragers, supply lines, to target the leadership and cause terror in the hearts of the foe..." I let that sink in, "I don't say this in front of my father, but while I believe in the basic concepts of chivalry, I find war to be an utterly disgusting activity only acceptable when the evils of inaction outweigh the price of action. The only acceptable wars are those fought for reasons that are righteous and just."

I frown.

"There is no honor in war, no glory. When a knight kills a man on the field of battle, we shower him with flowers. When a noble slaughters his peasant for daring to hide grain so their families don't starve, we call it him taking his due. When a thief kills another man for his purse, we hang him from a tree. All are murder."

Now I'm sneering. "For every honorable contest of arms between brave Ser Knights you have a thousand smallfolk murdered simply for because it was convenient. All too many noble lords are nothing more than trumped up bandits. The descendents of long dead strongmen who terrorized the population into obeying them in times immaterial and have sat on their thrones of bones ever since, becoming legitimate via habit and the creative retelling of history. I say leave the brace contests of arms and honor to the Torny grounds. Was is murderous work, and the best way to win, the best way to save as many lives as possible, is to kill the other motherfucker and leave. Show your honor by showing kindness and mercy to the defeated, not by treating war like its a godsdamned spectator sport! This isn't Slaver's Bay! We're supposed to have fucking standards!"

One thing I do tell him as well at some point is this...

"If I'm king when you're too old to continue as Master of Ships, I'm probably going to be making you Master of Laws..."

OOC: You're making my eyes SPIN WITH THE MONOLOGUE!

Stannis stares in surprise.  Actual emotion.  Then he kneels, "You do me honor nephew."

About another hour you find another stag....a gigantic black one, easily half again the size of the White.  It takes one look at you then bellows and charges....wow those are some sharp antlers.

Okay. First thing we do is we get a number of stones and a small cart, weigh them all... then start rolling them across using ropes to keep it moving true.

When it collapses, we note how much weight it was able to support and we have lots of people sitting around it to note the points of failure and how the collapse travels from there.

Then we do it all over again, learning from the previous test, and see how much better we can get it each go.

Small scale destructive testing is important to work the kinks out of a system ^_^

The new Grand Maester is here as well, BTW. And I'm open to EVERYONE's input.

Well this one managed to handle the weight of a grown man but a horse and armored knight couldn't the ropes snapped and one of the poles had been ripped out of the ground.

Meh. At least you've got an amazing horse.

Just don't try the Lemonaid.

Hah

No. I'm the damned host. :p

Ah alright then.  Well in that case the young Tyrell boy manages to completely HUMILIATE the other competitors.  He isn't the hardest hitting but man can the kid RIDE!

Rieverre wrote:... welp ... here's hoping ... though the bloodline isn't exactly known for being good at this whole 'subtle' thing.

... this is going to end up with a chase scene, I just know it.

6, 5

Well you manage to follow the guy down the backroads...until the chump whips around a corner.  You immediately turn the corner after him, and get a nasty crack on the head.  A normal man would have likely dropped like a rock...but you just have a painful bump on your head.  Looking back up you see a pair of men along with your target, a look of unpleasant surprise on his face. "...fuck..."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:25 am

Brian Boru wrote:"...sorry..."

The King simply shrugs.

I raise my hammer high into the sky, I roar a wordless cry of victory at the top of my lungs.  Then I turn to Myranda and dip my head.  "As promised I dedicate this victory to you my lady."

She's given the traditional crown of the queen of love and beauty... then all but jumps you and crams her tongue down your throat.

Her brother turns purple. The king laughs himself silly. Even Joffrey looks amused and the wolf whistling is epic.

Edd

This was before the rebellion.

"Ah. Maybe it was a sign... a foretelling of things to come..."

I have a bit of a playful look on my face.

Oh that was just foul where did he learn language like that?

Darvos. Next question. Wink

"Your mastery of foul language shames me. You should have a curse off with my father. Not only would it be something he'd delight in, but it would be a chance for you to vent some frustration and show that there is one masculine art in which he's but a boy to your man."

OOC: You're making my eyes SPIN WITH THE MONOLOGUE!

Would you prefer one line responses?

Stannis stares in surprise.  Actual emotion.  Then he kneels, "You do me honor nephew."

"Stand. Please. You're my uncle and kin. You belong at my side, not on your knees. I appreciate the emotion and the meaning, but have the useless sycophants for the bowling and scraping."

About another hour you find another stag....a gigantic black one, easily half again the size of the White.  It takes one look at you then bellows and charges....wow those are some sharp antlers.

ARROWED!

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :

Well this one managed to handle the weight of a grown man but a horse and armored knight couldn't the ropes snapped and one of the poles had been ripped out of the ground.

Record everything... now try with Heavier ropes in the primary support, and drive the poles deeper... then we do it again.

[quote]Ah alright then.  Well in that case the young Tyrell boy manages to completely HUMILIATE the other competitors.  He isn't the hardest hitting but man can the kid RIDE!

And he's given the honors. "One day you'll be a fine champion. Possibly even Kings Guard is such is your dream."

I invite him to a friendly spar. No honors, no risks, just two warriors in friendly contest.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:12 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well you manage to follow the guy down the backroads...until the chump whips around a corner.  You immediately turn the corner after him, and get a nasty crack on the head.  A normal man would have likely dropped like a rock...but you just have a painful bump on your head.  Looking back up you see a pair of men along with your target, a look of unpleasant surprise on his face. "...fuck..."

Possibly because I tend to wear a skullcap under this stylish hood. Possibly because I have a hard head.

Either way, I engage plan 'truncheon the _shit_ out of people', hitting one of my assailants with it on the chin to fuck up his sense of balance and ground him, whereupon I punch the other in the solar plexus and then give him a tap on the temple as he bends over in pain.

Then I move to similarly incapacitate my target. Maybe break some bones if he's competent and draws steel on me. I mean, ideally I want him alive to question after all.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:42 am

Psyckosama wrote:The King simply shrugs.

Good then.

She's given the traditional crown of the queen of love and beauty... then all but jumps you and crams her tongue down your throat.

...fuck it I won a massive tourney on my first day as a knight I'M GONNA ENJOY THIS MUTHAFUCKA! For a moment.

Her brother turns purple. The king laughs himself silly. Even Joffrey looks amused and the wolf whistling is epic.

Once I come up for air I guess I go through whatever ceremony is required ...then I guess I see what houses were still interested in my service unless the king has other plans.

Edd

"Ah. Maybe it was a sign... a foretelling of things to come..."

I have a bit of a playful look on my face.

He gives you a look.

Darvos. Next question. Wink

"Your mastery of foul language shames me. You should have a curse off with my father. Not only would it be something he'd delight in, but it would be a chance for you to vent some frustration and show that there is one masculine art in which he's but a boy to your man."

Actually that was your father cussing out the pace you and Stannis were making, just because he can do it doesn't mean he likes it.

Would you prefer one line responses?

No...but they're a bitch to digest and respond to, just griping.

"Stand. Please. You're my uncle and kin. You belong at my side, not on your knees. I appreciate the emotion and the meaning, but have the useless sycophants for the bowling and scraping."

"As you wish."

ARROWED!

....fuck you....

Like a well oiled machine you knock, draw, and loose your arrow with mechanical perfection. It flies like lightning and disappears into the Stag's Chest. With a throttled grunt it collapses to the ground. Coming to a stop right at your feet.

Think that massive Rhino from 300.

Record everything... now try with Heavier ropes in the primary support, and drive the poles deeper... then we do it again.

It takes about several tries but you eventually get a size that can handle heavy traffic over the small creek. A bigger river will take even thicker ropes and poles but it's good rule of thumb to work from.

And he's given the honors. "One day you'll be a fine champion. Possibly even Kings Guard is such is your dream."

"You honor me my prince."

I invite him to a friendly spar. No honors, no risks, just two warriors in friendly contest.

He agrees though he admits his brother Garlan is the master Swordsman, he just recently started practicing with three sworn swords at a time.

He gets thrashed but he fights harder than you would have expected. He's got talent there. Not fight three men at the same time for practice good, but he has plenty.

Rieverre wrote:Possibly because I tend to wear a skullcap under this stylish hood. Possibly because I have a hard head.

Mostly your head.

Either way, I engage plan 'truncheon the _shit_ out of people', hitting one of my assailants with it on the chin to fuck up his sense of balance and ground him, whereupon I punch the other in the solar plexus and then give him a tap on the temple as he bends over in pain.

Then I move to similarly incapacitate my target. Maybe break some bones if he's competent and draws steel on me. I mean, ideally I want him alive to question after all.

It goes about as you expect.

I.E. they're left in pain on the ground the guy you were tracking clutching an arm. Might have broken it.

Well now that you have him what do you do with him?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:It goes about as you expect.

I.E. they're left in pain on the ground the guy you were tracking clutching an arm.  Might have broken it.

Well now that you have him what do you do with him?

"You know, if this is a misunderstanding it'll likely be awkward for all involved ... but somehow I don't think it is, is it? Now, you're going to tell me where Valarr Hill is," I say, trailing off in an implied 'or else'.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:44 am

Brian Boru wrote:...fuck it I won a massive tourney on my first day as a knight I'M GONNA ENJOY THIS MUTHAFUCKA! For a moment.

Heh. The King looks pleased as punch by all this. Though it could just be the fact he was given an excuse to lock his wife in the tower....

Once I come up for air I guess I go through whatever ceremony is required ...then I guess I see what houses were still interested in my service unless the king has other plans.

It's all done.

So, what do you do now?

There is of course another feast.

Edd

He gives you a look.

"That your brother was going to get Fat and Lazy... seriously, you remember the look of the man before he offloaded the bitch-queen. He could have rolled himself into battle.

Actually that was your father cussing out the pace you and Stannis were making, just because he can do it doesn't mean he likes it.

My mix up.

I give a faint clap.

No...but they're a bitch to digest and respond to, just griping.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

"As you wish."

"Again, I value you your brutal honesty... I don't want as I wish, I want as you feel needs to be said. But for now... and concerns you want forwarded to my father? I tend to have an easier time arguing points."

....fuck you....

Like a well oiled machine you knock, draw, and loose your arrow with mechanical perfection.  It flies like lightning and disappears into the Stag's Chest.  With a throttled grunt it collapses to the ground.  Coming to a stop right at your feet.

Think that massive Rhino from 300.

"Well, I think its safe to say what's for dinner..." I state casually.

It takes about several tries but you eventually get a size that can handle heavy traffic over the small creek.  A bigger river will take even thicker ropes and poles but it's good rule of thumb to work from.

"Now imagine one of these large enough to span a river with stone towers and a solid foundation of rock."

"You honor me my prince."

"It's the truth."

He agrees though he admits his brother Garlan is the master Swordsman, he just recently started practicing with three sworn swords at a time.

I raise an eyebrow. "Three sworn swords is good to show off, but all that matters in the end is how well you stand against one sword of sufficient skill. A warrior who is master of himself and his environment will only need face one sword at a time... if you were outnumbered ten to one. Lets say you are beset by bandits, hedge knights forced to thievery... what would you do?"

If he says something about face them and fight gloriously with honor.

"No, you run. Not to escape, but to force them to chase. Control your environment, make their numbers into a non-issue. If one is faster on his feet than the others, strike him down swiftly. Lead them to an ally or thick woods where their numbers become functionally less. Taunt them that they lose their wits. Maybe even escape their sight and engage at your leisure that the hunter may become the hunted. Skill at arms is only the first step to mastery of war. Only when you are the master of your foes will you discover true excellence."

He gets thrashed but he fights harder than you would have expected.  He's got talent there.  Not fight three men at the same time for practice good, but he has plenty.

No, he doesn't get thrashed. He's simply outmatched. I dial down my skill to push him to his limits but not overwhelm him. I fight like a teacher driving him to excel, not a bully seeking to dominate.

"You have great potential."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:16 am

Rieverre wrote:"You know, if this is a misunderstanding it'll likely be awkward for all involved ... but somehow I don't think it is, is it? Now, you're going to tell me where Valarr Hill is," I say, trailing off in an implied 'or else'.

It takes a few punches to get them willing to talk but eventually one of them tells you where. A place down by the slums along the river shore. Seems he does some dock bullying down there on the side. He gives you some passwords and what to look for.

What do you do with these chumps?

Psyckosama wrote:Heh. The King looks pleased as punch by all this. Though it could just be the fact he was given an excuse to lock his wife in the tower....

Snerk.

It's all done.

Well that's good.

So, what do you do now?

Well I guess I eventually see about those other possible offers and if they still stand. Much as I'd love to play the favored bastard that'd cause some...hiccups besides I'd like to see the rest of the kingdoms if I could before I settle down.

There is of course another feast.

Right then, clean up, look presentable and strut like the champ I am. Let any of those true born snots look down their noses at THIS piece of work that thrashed every single one of them.

Edd

"That your brother was going to get Fat and Lazy... seriously, you remember the look of the man before he offloaded the bitch-queen. He could have rolled himself into battle.

"He never did have much in the way of self control."

I give a faint clap.

Stink-eye at the sarcasm, that's Lannister shit.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Some swiss would be nice, maybe some chedder. And honey mustard dip'd be divine!

"Again, I value you your brutal honesty... I don't want as I wish, I want as you feel needs to be said. But for now... and concerns you want forwarded to my father? I tend to have an easier time arguing points."

He seems to think on this for a while, before shrugging, he can't really think of anything, he might have a niggling feeling he's the rightful heir but you were legitimized and he even can see that people LIKE you, he knows he doesn't have that and he also knows that he'd have gone mad if he had to sit in the sword throne.

"Well, I think its safe to say what's for dinner..." I state casually.

Stannis seems calmly impressed, Robert on the other hand goes bonkers over the incredible shot you made and the size of the monster stag....now to butcher the massive beast and bring it home....

"Now imagine one of these large enough to span a river with stone towers and a solid foundation of rock."

"Yes, intriguing my prince."

I raise an eyebrow. "Three sworn swords is good to show off, but all that matters in the end is how well you stand against one sword of sufficient skill. A warrior who is master of himself and his environment will only need face one sword at a time... if you were outnumbered ten to one. Lets say you are beset by bandits, hedge knights forced to thievery... what would you do?"

Well actually more that one person alone can't hold a candle to him.

If he says something about face them and fight gloriously with honor.

He does.

"No, you run. Not to escape, but to force them to chase. Control your environment, make their numbers into a non-issue. If one is faster on his feet than the others, strike him down swiftly. Lead them to an ally or thick woods where their numbers become functionally less. Taunt them that they lose their wits. Maybe even escape their sight and engage at your leisure that the hunter may become the hunted. Skill at arms is only the first step to mastery of war. Only when you are the master of your foes will you discover true excellence."

"Where did you learn that my prince?"

No, he doesn't get thrashed. He's simply outmatched. I dial down my skill to push him to his limits but not overwhelm him. I fight like a teacher driving him to excel, not a bully seeking to dominate.

"You have great potential."

"Are you sure because I haven't been kicked around a practice ring like that since I was 8 and I had kicked my brother Willas in the shin with a iron-shod shoe I'd stolen from the armory and he decided the best revenge would be teaching me swordsmanship."
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:It takes a few punches to get them willing to talk but eventually one of them tells you where.  A place down by the slums along the river shore.  Seems he does some dock bullying down there on the side.  He gives you some passwords and what to look for.

What do you do with these chumps?

... normally I'd be somewhat inclined towards mercy or due process, but ... well, Goldcloaks, for one. For another, minimizing future complications.

So I knock them, break their necks, and toss the bodies somewhere out of sight.

Then I go hunting Hill.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:10 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well I guess I eventually see about those other possible offers and if they still stand.  Much as I'd love to play the favored bastard that'd cause some...hiccups besides I'd like to see the rest of the kingdoms if I could before I settle down.

Well, the first is from Renly who was just SOOOO impressed.

Then you have Lord Estermont who's very much like to talk to his extremely impressive... kinsmen.

Right then, clean up, look presentable and strut like the champ I am.  Let any of those true born snots look down their noses at THIS piece of work that thrashed every single one of them.

You're the Demon of the Trident's son, dude. They know you're going to be badass.

Edd

"He never did have much in the way of self control."

And she reduced what little control he had to naught. Seriously, I think any man would want to escape into the cups around that bitch.

Stink-eye at the sarcasm, that's Lannister shit.

"And note, I'm very close friends with the only one of that house worth a damn."

He seems to think on this for a while, before shrugging, he can't really think of anything, he might have a niggling feeling he's the rightful heir but you were legitimized and he even can see that people LIKE you, he knows he doesn't have that and he also knows that he'd have gone mad if he had to sit in the sword throne.

I smile. "There's a reason I make sure you got Storms End. First, it was your due as oldest and from the blood you shed to protect it. Second, and I will admit this, I suggested it in part as a peace offering. While I know there is no conflict between us. You are my uncle. I am your nephew. We are kinsmen and that matters much... I knew you'd feel in your heart you'd been denied something, even if in your mind you never really wanted it. So I did what I could to soften the denial by making you you got what it was that you truly desired."

Stannis seems calmly impressed, Robert on the other hand goes bonkers over the incredible shot you made and the size of the monster stag....now to butcher the massive beast and bring it home....

I chuckle and we get to the gitting and skinning.

"Some people have already taken to calling me the Black Stag in account of my birth. I believe I shall have this fashioned into a helm and cloak. Why disappoint?"

"Yes, intriguing my prince."

"Keep playing with the concept. Contact Darvos Seaworth about getting some experts in rope work and work with the Maester. I'm sure you'll come up with something worthy of the history books."

Well actually more that one person alone can't hold a candle to him.

"There's always a bigger fish, my friend. It's best to err on the side of caution and understand the difference between courage and fool-hearty arrogance. It's a fine line. Keep an eye on it because you cross it at your own risk."

"Where did you learn that my prince?"

"A mixture of reading and experience. I've been writing a book actually..."

Basically a westerosi version of this http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

"Are you sure because I haven't been kicked around a practice ring like that since I was 8 and I had kicked my brother Willas in the shin with a iron-shod shoe I'd stolen from the armory and he decided the best revenge would be teaching me swordsmanship."

"My first time in combat I hunted down over a dozen men from the most vicious mountain tribe in the Vale. I won my first torny after facing Barristan the Bold, the Kingslayer, and the Mountain who Rides in the joust. And speaking of the Mountain Who Rides, I killed him in single combat without as much as a scratch on my armor. The only man who's ever bested me in live combat is my father, the Demon of the Trident. I think it's safe to say, there's no shame in losing to me. And it says a lot if I'm impressed by your talents, then you're probably onto something."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:08 am

Rieverre wrote:... normally I'd be somewhat inclined towards mercy or due process, but ... well, Goldcloaks, for one. For another, minimizing future complications.

So I knock them, break their necks, and toss the bodies somewhere out of sight.

A couple of Slop and Booze shops have an influx of meat the next day.

Then I go hunting Hill.

Well you get to the Riversides slums, and if you thought Fleabottom was a nasty place this is at least 10 times as bad.

You reach the location, a crude warehouse, how do you go about this? Roll a d10.

Psyckosama wrote:Well, the first is from Renly who was just SOOOO impressed.

Well I could meet my halfbrother, the only one who got a real good life. Seems like an alright kid from all accounts though.

Then you have Lord Estermont who's very much like to talk to his extremely impressive... kinsmen.

The Stormlords seem interested in me….kool.

You're the Demon of the Trident's son, dude. They know you're going to be badass.

Still doesn’t hurt to strut, image is everything in the medieval world. So I plop myself as the guest of honor, which I’m sure I am at this point. Make sure to wish Joff a happy name-day and procede to enjoy the FUCK out this party. Once I’ve done a good showing I make sure to find Myranda and we have a little hidden ‘rendezvous’ somewhere private.

Edd

And she reduced what little control he had to naught. Seriously, I think any man would want to escape into the cups around that bitch.

He can’t really argue there.

"And note, I'm very close friends with the only one of that house worth a damn."

“He’s corrupting you.”

I smile. "There's a reason I make sure you got Storms End. First, it was your due as oldest and from the blood you shed to protect it. Second, and I will admit this, I suggested it in part as a peace offering. While I know there is no conflict between us. You are my uncle. I am your nephew. We are kinsmen and that matters much... I knew you'd feel in your heart you'd been denied something, even if in your mind you never really wanted it. So I did what I could to soften the denial by making you you got what it was that you truly desired."

You get a satisfied grimace….not sure how that’s possible.

I chuckle and we get to the gitting and skinning.

"Some people have already taken to calling me the Black Stag in account of my birth. I believe I shall have this fashioned into a helm and cloak. Why disappoint?"

Stannis thinks that’s a bit pretentious though Bobby’s all for it.

"Keep playing with the concept. Contact Darvos Seaworth about getting some experts in rope work and work with the Maester. I'm sure you'll come up with something worthy of the history books."

He will.

"There's always a bigger fish, my friend. It's best to err on the side of caution and understand the difference between courage and fool-hearty arrogance. It's a fine line. Keep an eye on it because you cross it at your own risk."

You think he understands though if he doesn’t...well you can always wail on him again.

"A mixture of reading and experience. I've been writing a book actually..."

Basically a westerosi version of this http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

He’ll have to see this himself once you’re done.

"My first time in combat I hunted down over a dozen men from the most vicious mountain tribe in the Vale. I won my first torny after facing Barristan the Bold, the Kingslayer, and the Mountain who Rides in the joust. And speaking of the Mountain Who Rides, I killed him in single combat without as much as a scratch on my armor. The only man who's ever bested me in live combat is my father, the Demon of the Trident. I think it's safe to say, there's no shame in losing to me. And it says a lot if I'm impressed by your talents, then you're probably onto something."

“You honor me with your praise. Really a dozen men? Even considering you that seems a bit hard to believe...No offense meant my Prince.”
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:30 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well I could meet my halfbrother, the only one who got a real good life.  Seems like an alright kid from all accounts though.

"I'll arrange it. Eddric would be delighted."

The Stormlords seem interested in me….kool.

Yep.

Still doesn’t hurt to strut, image is everything in the medieval world.  So I plop myself as the guest of honor, which I’m sure I am at this point.  Make sure to wish Joff a happy name-day and procede to enjoy the FUCK out this party.  Once I’ve done a good showing I make sure to find Myranda and we have a little hidden ‘rendezvous’ somewhere private.

True.

Joff says he'll have to make you one of his kings guard.

While Myranda. She pretty much puts her tongue down your throat the second you get into cover. "We need to find a room," she all but growls. And its a husky growl.

Edd

He can’t really argue there.

Aye.

“He’s corrupting you.”

"Father, I was bastard born and bastard raised. Often my own defense against a harsh world was a quick wit and a smart mouth. I couldn't depend on names and titles to protect me. Even the fact that I was the king's son was more a source of mockery than respect."

You get a satisfied grimace….not sure how that’s possible.

"One day I will see you smile, uncle. One day."

Stannis thinks that’s a bit pretentious though Bobby’s all for it.

"Uncle, I'm the prince. It's my duty to be a pretentious ass. If I'm not, the rabble, and by that I mean my banners will think me weak. It's part of the job to strut about like a vainglorious tomcat, pissing trees to mark my territory. It feeds into their preconceptions of royalty and makes me seem more 'noble', even if its utter bullocks. In fact I have to double up on that crap because I'm base born... by wearing a black stag cloak, I can turn the name Black-Stag to my own use. Instead of it being a smart ass reference to my status as a legitimized bastard, it becomes an observation on my choice in clothing. I can co-opt it and in doing so strip it of meaning."

You think he understands though if he doesn’t...well you can always wail on him again.

I was actually holding back to fight him at this own level. Basically challenge him without smashing him into the ground.

He probably picked up on it too. He's smart enough to realize.

He’ll have to see this himself once you’re done.

I let him see the draft.

“You honor me with your praise.  Really a dozen men?  Even considering you that seems a bit hard to believe...No offense meant my Prince.”

"Non taken. Most just think it. At least you had the courage to say it respectfully to my face. And it wasn't a dozen men. It was Fourteen. Including the leader. Just ask Ser Martyn. He was there."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:22 am

Brian Boru wrote:A couple of Slop and Booze shops have an influx of meat the next day.

... yyyeah, places on the 'avoid' list.

Well you get to the Riversides slums, and if you thought Fleabottom was a nasty place this is at least 10 times as bad.

You reach the location, a crude warehouse, how do you go about this?  Roll a d10.

These places usually have either windows or shutters up top so the workers can see what the hell they're doing. I'll try to find a sturdy path up to one of those. Which hopefully won't collapse under my weight. Ideally, this'll let me catch anyone inside by surprise, as people don't look up a great deal ^^
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:22 am

'd10' : 5

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:14 am

Psyckosama wrote:"I'll arrange it. Eddric would be delighted."

"It would be nice to see my father's homeland. They say that nearly everyone has a touch of Godsgrief's in the Stormlands. One more son would be going home then."

Joff says he'll have to make you one of his kings guard.

"You honor me my Prince. But I enjoy the company of women a little too much to be part of that August brotherhood." I shake my head and grin. "A man who can make and keep oaths like those must have a will of Valyrian steel."

While Myranda. She pretty much puts her tongue down your throat the second you get into cover. "We need to find a room," she all but growls. And its a husky growl.

"As you wish!" I whisper right back.

Edd

"Father, I was bastard born and bastard raised. Often my own defense against a harsh world was a quick wit and a smart mouth. I couldn't depend on names and titles to protect me. Even the fact that I was the king's son was more a source of mockery than respect."

Bemused snort but he gives up on that specific tirade.

"One day I will see you smile, uncle. One day."

Snort!

"Uncle, I'm the prince. It's my duty to be a pretentious ass. If I'm not, the rabble, and by that I mean my banners will think me weak. It's part of the job to strut about like a vainglorious tomcat, pissing trees to mark my territory. It feeds into their preconceptions of royalty and makes me seem more 'noble', even if its utter bullocks. In fact I have to double up on that crap because I'm base born... by wearing a black stag cloak, I can turn the name Black-Stag to my own use. Instead of it being a smart ass reference to my status as a legitimized bastard, it becomes an observation on my choice in clothing. I can co-opt it and in doing so strip it of meaning."

"Still seems foolish but you are the Prince."

I was actually holding back to fight him at this own level. Basically challenge him without smashing him into the ground.

He probably picked up on it too. He's smart enough to realize.

He does pick up on it. And asks how long he would have lasted if you were really trying? Possibly several heartbeats if you were brutally honest.

I let him see the draft.

INTERESTING...

"Non taken. Most just think it. At least you had the courage to say it respectfully to my face. And it wasn't a dozen men. It was Fourteen. Including the leader. Just ask Ser Martyn. He was there."

He blinks at that and Ser Martyn, who happened to be listening in nodded at the boy's unspoken question. "Aye, its all true. Edd is one of the most terrifying killers I've seen in a long, long time. Be glad he's so friendly off the field of battle."

The Tyrell scion blanches a bit.

Rieverre wrote:... yyyeah, places on the 'avoid' list.

Hey, meat's meat in flea bottom and the docks.

These places usually have either windows or shutters up top so the workers can see what the hell they're doing. I'll try to find a sturdy path up to one of those. Which hopefully won't  collapse under my weight. Ideally, this'll let me catch anyone inside by surprise, as people don't look up a great deal ^^

Well, you manage to glance into an open window without too much trouble. However when you look in all you see is several drunk guards. You're tempted to jump in and beat the hell out of them on principle, but you're not sure if your true mark is in the building or whether or not he had been there or not.

roll another d10.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Hey, meat's meat in flea bottom and the docks.

I'd think sailors at least would have had their fill of 'meat is meat' when out on the sea ... then again, I have standards.

Well, you manage to glance into an open window without too much trouble.  However when you look in all you see is several drunk guards.  You're tempted to jump in and beat the hell out of them on principle, but you're not sure if your true mark is in the building or whether or not he had been there or not.

roll another d10.

rollan
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:47 pm

'd10' : 9

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:48 pm

I swear, these freaking dice ...
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top