Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:57 am

Psyckosama wrote:She doesn't seem to be too pissed though.

Phew.

More murdering psychopathic rapist

Oh I know that but do I really need to do reiterate that?

Oi now, he's pretty good at this trade!

And seein' how his bosses are going to nail his ball to a tree for failing this, you in the need of a man who's quick with a knife?

So, Waters?

"Hmm...well I could use a cunning fellow like ya. You DID manage to sneak that close to me but a word of warning. If you ever plan to cross me, then you had better pray that you kill me because not even fleeing to Asshai itself could save you from my vengeance."

Yes. No mere animal could contain that much pure evil and not cross over to some level of sentiances.

Seriously, its like a demon in horseflesh.

Ha, wonder how his previous rider wasn't killed by him.

You mean you don't already?

HOW many times has someone tried to kill you in your sleep? Within the last week?"

True.

He laughs. "That's the spirit, boy."

Heh

She accepts it and swoons. Then leaps forward and gives you a kiss.

Robert is laughing his ass off. Her brother just scowls then sighs.

Well if nothing legitimizes my courting of Myranda nothing will.

"Fine one you got there, lad. Just look at the pair on her! So who is she?"

I smile a gleeful leer.

"Myranda Royce, her father is Ser Nestor Royce, Castellian of the Vale and master of the Gate of the Moon."

Kevin. Tywin's not around and Kevin's less of a cruel, vengeful, humorless egomaniacal asshole than his brother.

Ah, well that would be interesting.

He sighs. "I ain't knightin' her."

"Wasn't expecting it. But she does deserve the respect of a fighter though."

She kicks ass and actually wins. It's only a 30 dragon prize, but that's enough to kit out a squire as a proper knight. And considering that its tradition to knight the squire at the end, they often need it.

Robert comes forward and sighs. "Alright lass, you can take your bloody helmet off now."

There's a gasp then Mya removes her helmet to more gasps.

"Father," she says calmly. "What gave me away?"

"You walk like a woman," he replies then sighs, "Bloody hell. Haven't see you since you were a slip of a girl."

He shakes his head. "My natural born daughter, Mya Stone. Twin to that one over there..." he thumbs you and laughs, "And I ain't bloody knighting ye girl so don't ask. But you can join us in the box tomorrow."

He hands her the purse. "You earned this reward. My girl. Not a boy her age who could stand against her in good looks nor strength of arms...." he then chuckles, "So name your... 'Queen'" he starts to laugh, "Of love and beauty!"

She takes her crown and looks at the others squires.

Then scowls. "Mycheal, if you don't stop trying to slink away, then by the seven... you'll either take this damned crown or I'll see you in the joust."

Reluctantly Mychel Redfort makes his way towards the center... flushing as laughter fills the field.

"Oh hold your head up, boy!" Robert laughs, as Mya "crowns" her "Queen of Love and Beauty."

"I am never going to live this down," he mutters to himself.

"There are far worse fates than being favored by a king's daughter," Robert points out. "Both of you, and my boy of course will be joining me at the Red Keep for dinner."

He looks over to you for a moment, "And bring you master and your queen. I'd like to meet the man who could turn my son into the strongest knight in the land and the girl that my boy has an eye for."

I laugh my head off at the display with Mya and Mychael. And of course I accept the offer and make sure the invitation is told to my Master and Myranda.

Edd

I want to see how she handles this. I want to rate her plans and watch her execute them, giving suggestions as she does so.

They're rather brilliant once she gives them, all of them involve poison in one way or another.

When they're executed, they succeed brilliantly....though once the victim starts dying he dies screaming....for HOURS and HOURS and HOURS and HOURS and HOURS and HOURS...etc..

"I softened it up for you,"  I laugh. "Well we know what's for dinner tonight. And these antlers would look nice on a helmet, don't you think?"

Horns actually but whatever.

Antelope sounds good.

Hm. Had an idea for a yearly celebration. Every year, to commemorate the the son of a bitch's death, make a big ruby red dragon of hard candy then smash it with a hammer and hand the fragments out to the children. Maybe serve the bits with decorative green forks. Bit more ironic than burning an effigy and its something that the children will enjoy. We could call it smashing the Rhaegar.

Now I'm tempted to invent the pinata!  Very Happy

Hah, he likes the idea.

I smile at Doran and when I have a moment settle next to him. "Thank you for being such a gracious host. I know that hospitality demands nothing less, but there's a difference between the demands of polite society and true and honest welcome, and for that I thank you."

He returns the gratitude and wishes you and you family well.

She has a good start and her family are great.

Heh
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stags of the Mountains: You in the A Song of Ice and Fire BROB: With a Bonus!

Post by Rieverre on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:23 am

Brian Boru wrote:The instigator of this bullsh*t is down, whether dead or not, you can't tell.

You draw your bow back and loose the two arrows in rapid sucession.  Both times the a horse tumbles over, their riders being thrown off of their seats to tumble along the hard road.  You think one of them at least is still alive.

I go to drag the live one back, make sure to check which ones are still alive, see that they're secured properly. Then I go check if my people are still alright.

Well after checking you find the idiot who started this is alive, though beaten and bruised.  When you check the runners, you learn that one of them is still alive.  You eventually learn the man was merely a third son of a sworn sword, and yes he really was THAT big of a hothead...you think.  You'll have to interrogate the other man when he comes to.

I can always point out that what he and his did is essentially banditry - set upon a numerically inferior party of travelers with intent to kill them all and take their stuff - so they can't really complain about what happens to them now. Then I tell them about the band of hedge knights that set upon our party last time we came this way, on the way to the tournament, and what happened to _those_. Including taking the survivors to the next town to be tried and hung as bandits. I imagine that would be very awkward for the hothead's family, wouldn't it?

Roll a d100 for how he recovers.

rollan
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:23 am

dammit, roll didn't trigger. trying again.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:23 am

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 20

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:36 am

Brian Boru wrote:Oh I know that but do I really need to do reiterate that?

Yes. And you just let him walk all over you.

"Hmm...well I could use a cunning fellow like ya.  You DID manage to sneak that close to me but a word of warning.  If you ever plan to cross me, then you had better pray that you kill me because not even fleeing to Asshai itself could save you from my vengeance."

He nods. "Bout the same what everyone else says."

Ha, wonder how his previous rider wasn't killed by him.

Too stupid to die.

True.

Heh.

Well if nothing legitimizes my courting of Myranda nothing will.

"The King Approves."

Seriously, he could march you over to the High Sept right now if he damned well wanted to.

I smile a gleeful leer.

"Myranda Royce, her father is Ser Nestor Royce, Castellian of the Vale and master of the Gate of the Moon."

"Jon'll want to hear about this," he remarks, "My boy and the daughter of the man he put in charge of the Vail."

Ah, well that would be interesting.

Keven. Much less a cunt than his brother.

"Wasn't expecting it. But she does deserve the respect of a fighter though."

"We'll see how she handles herself with a lance before I go making promises."

I laugh my head off at the display with Mya and Mychael.

You and everyone else on Planatos

And of course I accept the offer and make sure the invitation is told to my Master and Myranda.

They're all going. Mya's even sent a note told to wear a dress, just in case she wanted to wear her armor. Though there is an addendum that he'll be permitted to openly wear a light blade in respect for her marshal skills, but she'll have to surrender it along with everyone else in the king's presence.

The prince's name day feast isn't until the last day of the torny in a couple days... but he's decided to make this lesser one in honor of you two. It's small by his standards, but it's meant to show how damned happy he is to see you.

The queen is gone, Joffery looks annoyed as shit, but the other two kids seem sweet as pie. And look nothing like you.

Stannis is there as well and has his perma-scowl. So is Renly he looks like a slightly older version of you. I mean seriously, the difference between you is you're a bit wider in the shoulders.

Edd
They're rather brilliant once she gives them, all of them involve poison in one way or another.

When they're executed, they succeed brilliantly....though once the victim starts dying he dies screaming....for HOURS and HOURS and HOURS and HOURS and HOURS and HOURS...etc..[/quote]

Considering I only okayed it for the worst and most guilty scum. "Well done. Though you did give yourself away somewhat. Unless you're openly looking to make examples.

Horns actually but whatever.

Ah. Well, either way. They'll make nice rugs

Antelope sounds good.

Yum.

Hah, he likes the idea.

"Maybe even go a step farther... this calls for a prototype of something!"

Think a somewhat better made (but still comically disproportionate) version of that colored to look like Rhaegar Targaryen in his armor.

"The idea is...fill it with treats, and the children can take turns trying to smash it with a wooden mallet while dizzy and blindfolded. The first one who hits it is rewarded with the largest share of the treats."

I smile. "Being smashed by children with hammers to get the treats that fall out for the rest of eternity. About the grand legacy I think the man deserves: a child's joke."

He returns the gratitude and wishes you and you family well.

I hope to do much to improve the realm and I want to make it clear that I feel Dorne hopefully a large part to play in it. They're the best spear and shield infantry fighters in all of Westeros. I think the more northern kingdoms are too single mindedly focused on knights. It's my belief that a combined arms approach. A core of professionally trained spearmen supported by skilled ranged troops backing a force of knights would be ideal. A hammer and an anvil.

As such I respect Dorne's marshal ability very much. The fact that they alone were able to lay low the Targaryian's dragons attests to their talents for war.

And frankly, I think the way that everyone north of the red mountains treats their women and illegitimate children is completely revolting.The north isn't as bad, but they still have their issues.

The Rhoynar taught the Andels the secret of iron. Between he and I, I think they need a couple more lessons.

Psyckosama
Admin

View user profile http://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:08 am

Rieverre wrote:I go to drag the live one back, make sure to check which ones are still alive, see that they're secured properly. Then I go check if my people are still alright.

The two are piled together for later processing. Your people are just fine.

I can always point out that what he and his did is essentially banditry - set upon a numerically inferior party of travelers with intent to kill them all and take their stuff - so they can't really complain about what happens to them now. Then I tell them about the band of hedge knights that set upon our party last time we came this way, on the way to the tournament, and what happened to _those_. Including taking the survivors to the next town to be tried and hung as bandits. I imagine that would be very awkward for the hothead's family, wouldn't it?

A third son?

Either way he still isn't giving any other hint that he's anything more than a hothead.

His companion on the other hand, after coming to, spills his fucking guts, apparently some hooded man in King's landing had offered them a big bounty on your head. If you press you don't get much else about the man who hired them. Only that he sounded like a King's Lander.

Psyckosama wrote:Yes. And you just let him walk all over you.

More I plan to maul him in the melee.

He nods. "Bout the same what everyone else says."

Heh. Well just keep close to my camp and be ready for any funny business.

Too stupid to die.

HA

"The King Approves."

HAH!

Seriously, he could march you over to the High Sept right now if he damned well wanted to.

A bit fast...

"Jon'll want to hear about this," he remarks, "My boy and the daughter of the man he put in charge of the Vail."

Well this ought to be interesting.

Keven. Much less a cunt than his brother.

Very True.

"We'll see how she handles herself with a lance before I go making promises."

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

You and everyone else on Planatos

HAH

They're all going. Mya's even sent a note told to wear a dress, just in case she wanted to wear her armor. Though there is an addendum that he'll be permitted to openly wear a light blade in respect for her marshal skills, but she'll have to surrender it along with everyone else in the king's presence.

A relief, rather not make the situation any more aberrant for all the notables.

The prince's name day feast isn't until the last day of the torny in a couple days... but he's decided to make this lesser one in honor of you two. It's small by his standards, but it's meant to show how damned happy he is to see you.

I sure as hell enjoy this.

The queen is gone, Joffery looks annoyed as shit, but the other two kids seem sweet as pie. And look nothing like you.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here....

Stannis is there as well and has his perma-scowl. So is Renly he looks like a slightly older version of you. I mean seriously, the difference between you is you're a bit wider in the shoulders.

I nod respectfully to Stannis, no need to be impolite to him. (He IS the proper heir after all.)

Then, if I'm close enough to Renly to do so I comment, "Like looking into a mirror. You're Lord Renly of the Stormlands yes? An honor to meet you Milord."

Edd

Considering I only okayed it for the worst and most guilty scum. "Well done. Though you did give yourself away somewhat. Unless you're openly looking to make examples.

She gives you a look as innocent as an infant. "How else does a man die?" She literally can't comprehend killing a man in any other way than how she did it.

Ah. Well, either way. They'll make nice rugs

True

"Maybe even go a step farther... this calls for a prototype of something!"

Think a somewhat better made (but still comically disproportionate) version of that colored to look like Rhaegar Targaryen in his armor.

"The idea is...fill it with treats, and the children can take turns trying to smash it with a wooden mallet while dizzy and blindfolded. The first one who hits it is rewarded with the largest share of the treats."

I smile. "Being smashed by children with hammers to get the treats that fall out for the rest of eternity. About the grand legacy I think the man deserves: a child's joke."

That makes all involved laugh their arses clean off, and they think it'd be an excellent idea.

I hope to do much to improve the realm and I want to make it clear that I feel Dorne hopefully a large part to play in it. They're the best spear and shield infantry fighters in all of Westeros. I think the more northern kingdoms are too single mindedly focused on knights. It's my belief that a combined arms approach. A core of professionally trained spearmen supported by skilled ranged troops backing a force of knights would be ideal. A hammer and an anvil.

As such I respect Dorne's marshal ability very much. The fact that they alone were able to lay low the Targaryian's dragons attests to their talents for war.

And frankly, I think the way that everyone north of the red mountains treats their women and illegitimate children is completely revolting.The north isn't as bad, but they still have their issues.

The Rhoynar taught the Andels the secret of iron. Between he and I, I think they need a couple more lessons.

They're honored by your complements and observations. Is there anything else you wish to do in Dorne or do you head on to the Stormlands?
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:56 am

Brian Boru wrote:More I plan to maul him in the melee.

Tomorrow.

Heh.  Well just keep close to my camp and be ready for any funny business.

"Right, mlord."

A bit fast...

Just saying. If the King says 'Yes', only the seven may debate.

Well this ought to be interesting.

"Aye, bring it up during dinner."

Very True.

Of course, there's a short list of people who arn't less a pack of cunts than the motherfucker

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

"This is normally where I'd make a wager, but I ain't bettin' against my own daughter. So I'll sit here on my royal arse and hopefully enjoy watchin' the rest of them look in wonder and shock when she looks her bloody helmet off.."

A relief, rather not make the situation any more aberrant for all the notables.

She wears an extremely nice looking bravosi blade to the party. With 30 dragons you know she can afford it, but from the looks of it, a sword like that would have cost quite a few.

"You ain't the only one who placed bets on yourself, good ser. By the way, I borrowed a hundred dragons. Already paid you back."

She winks.

I sure as hell enjoy this.

Joffery is annoyed to be sharing a table.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here....

We all know...

That said Myrcella seems to be in awe of you. You're a honorable knight, and great fighter. Though Mya confuses her a little.

"Mya?"

"Yes?"

"You're pretty but you fight. Why?"

"Because when you're pretty, some less than honorable men will take what they want."

She looks like she doesn't quite understand but is getting it a bit.

"No woman could ever beat a true knight," Joffery says with a sneer.

"Aye, that may be so," she replies, "But no bloody true knight would ever try now would he? The rest of 'em? I'd like something sharper than tears, and offering better protection than a petticoat."

"Your sister is right," Robert replies calmly. "Down in Dorne the woman fight all the time, and they do up in the north as well," he looks wistful for a moment, "Might look nice, but they'll have a blade in your guts fast as you can blink if you underestimate them."

"That bastard is no sister of mine..."

Robert's eyes narrow. "This feast is in their honor, boy. Show some respect. You might be my heir, but you both share my blood, and without that you'd be a lion and never a king."

It shuts him up somewhat.

Tommen on the otherhand seems like he wants to talk, but keeps glancing to Joffery anxiously.

I nod respectfully to Stannis, no need to be impolite to him.  (He IS the proper heir after all.)

You get one back.

Then, if I'm close enough to Renly to do so I comment, "Like looking into a mirror.  You're Lord Renly of the Stormlands yes?  An honor to meet you Milord."

"And I you. By the seven you're a beautiful man. Like looking in a mirror. So what are your plans now that you've gone through the prime of Westerosi knighthood like my honored brother through a brothel?"

Edd

She gives you a look as innocent as an infant.  "How else does a man die?"  She literally can't comprehend killing a man in any other way than how she did it.

"Some toxins do not kill right away."

I give critique for some of the others on the list who are still alive. I suggest she wait a bit of time to kill them. Then bump them off one by one. Some are old. A poison that causes heart failure would leave them thinking that it was old age what claimed them. Others have dangerous jobs. One that is not deadly but drugs them, causing accidents or poor behavior around the wrong folks, well, it's amazing what something that buggers up spacial perception will do to a man who works on a ships rigging.

That makes all involved laugh their arses clean off, and they think it'd be an excellent idea.

With Doran's go ahead I have it filled, and placed in the Water Gardens, and the children permitted to try it out

The mallet of course is painted yellow and black with a stag on it. I'm thinking the one who smashes the target ought to be rewarded with the hammer as befits a proper slayer of tyrants.

They're honored by your complements and observations.  Is there anything else you wish to do in Dorne or do you head on to the Stormlands?

We can handle that while we start the stormlands

At this points its down to working the details out with the girls, seeing how Doran does, what happens with Obi, and Robert's concerns.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:32 am

Brian Boru wrote:The two are piled together for later processing.  Your people are just fine.

Excellent. I'll have them go through the attackers' belongings and round up anything useful, like weapons, armor, and the like. As well as any writs or coin they were carrying. And yes, I'll let my knights have their pick of the takings. The rest, I think we'll sell, reforge into something more useful, have for spare parts or use to start an armory in the holdfast. Whatever's more practical really.

... how are the noncombatants doing? Mya should be mostly fine given this wasn't her first rodeo, but for Myranda, Hennah ... hell, the septa and Myranda's handmaiden ... yeah, I'm hoping Mya and Anna are running damage control.

A third son?

Either way he still isn't giving any other hint that he's anything more than a hothead.

Still legitimate. Still reflects on the family, unless they're the kind that don't care and haven't much to lose at all.

His companion on the other hand, after coming to, spills his fucking guts, apparently some hooded man in King's landing had offered them a big bounty on your head.  If you press you don't get much else about the man who hired them.  Only that he sounded like a King's Lander.

"I love assassinating assassins," I say cheerfully, "you always look so surprised."

Then point that cheerfully homicidal look at the hothead to see if that confession of one of his fellows has shaken anything loose.

And yes, I point out they will be _lucky_ if they get to take the Black or the gallows. The alternative is me taking the trouble to drag them to King's Landing and put them at my father's mercy.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:58 am

Psyckosama wrote:Tomorrow.

Excellent.

"Right, mlord."

Good thing you know.

Just saying. If the King says 'Yes', only the seven may debate.

True.

"Aye, bring it up during dinner."

Will do.

Of course, there's a short list of people who arn't less a pack of cunts than the motherfucker

VERY VERY TRUE.

"This is normally where I'd make a wager, but I ain't bettin' against my own daughter. So I'll sit here on my royal arse and hopefully enjoy watchin' the rest of them look in wonder and shock when she looks her bloody helmet off.."

"Well it will be a fun one I can assure you."

She wears an extremely nice looking bravosi blade to the party. With 30 dragons you know she can afford it, but from the looks of it, a sword like that would have cost quite a few.

"You ain't the only one who placed bets on yourself, good ser. By the way, I borrowed a hundred dragons. Already paid you back."

She winks.

I comment on her dress and laugh when she mentions her wise investments. "Well however this turns out we're sure as hell rich when this is all over."

Joffery is annoyed to be sharing a table.

He can suck it up the little prick.

We all know...

Just trying a little IC.

That said Myrcella seems to be in awe of you. You're a honorable knight, and great fighter. Though Mya confuses her a little.

"Mya?"

"Yes?"

"You're pretty but you fight. Why?"

"Because when you're pretty, some less than honorable men will take what they want."

She looks like she doesn't quite understand but is getting it a bit.

"No woman could ever beat a true knight," Joffery says with a sneer.

"Aye, that may be so," she replies, "But no bloody true knight would ever try now would he? The rest of 'em? I'd like something sharper than tears, and offering better protection than a petticoat."

"Your sister is right," Robert replies calmly. "Down in Dorne the woman fight all the time, and they do up in the north as well," he looks wistful for a moment, "Might look nice, but they'll have a blade in your guts fast as you can blink if you underestimate them."

I nod in agreement, "Unless you're truly blessed and live the life of a royal or a lady you need to be able to protect yourself."

"That bastard is no sister of mine..."

I give him a stink-eye.

Robert's eyes narrow. "This feast is in their honor, boy. Show some respect. You might be my heir, but you both share my blood, and without that you'd be a lion and never a king."

It shuts him up somewhat.

I grin and enjoy the strip-down.

Tommen on the otherhand seems like he wants to talk, but keeps glancing to Joffery anxiously.

I smile to him. "Speak up little brother. Seems like you have something to say."

You get one back.

Good.

"And I you. By the seven you're a beautiful man. Like looking in a mirror. So what are your plans now that you've gone through the prime of Westerosi knighthood like my honored brother through a brothel?"

"Thank-you...I think..."

"As for what now? Not sure. Honestly my plan never really got further than thrash everyone that came up against me until someone decided that I was valuable enough that the name Stone wasn't dishonorable enough to not take me on as a house knight. I haven't really expected to get this far this fast."

I do mention in passing that I got real-estate in the city instead of cash with some of my bets. I mutter what their nature are and how I'm not sure how the hell I deal with them without either my sister finding out or looking like a fool in front of my...new employees...

Edd

"Some toxins do not kill right away."

I give critique for some of the others on the list who are still alive. I suggest she wait a bit of time to kill them. Then bump them off one by one. Some are old. A poison that causes heart failure would leave them thinking that it was old age what claimed them. Others have dangerous jobs. One that is not deadly but drugs them, causing accidents or poor behavior around the wrong folks, well, it's amazing what something that buggers up spacial perception will do to a man who works on a ships rigging.

Actually she can't comprehend not killing a man over a matter of days, inch by excruciating inch....she's a little psycho....

With Doran's go ahead I have it filled, and placed in the Water Gardens, and the children permitted to try it out

The mallet of course is painted yellow and black with a stag on it. I'm thinking the one who smashes the target ought to be rewarded with the hammer as befits a proper slayer of tyrants.

It's done amazingly quickly, apparently there's a sugar worker from Pentos who's absurdly good at this sort of thing.

And the kids have a blast with the thing. A servant's son manages to shatter the thing.

We can handle that while we start the stormlands

At this points its down to working the details out with the girls, seeing how Doran does, what happens with Obi, and Robert's concerns.

Well to make a long story short. Tyene insists on coming with you. Bella is going to move here in a year. Still a Rivers but a recognized bastard. And Arriane says she'll keep in contact with you.

You notice Robert with a black eye and a big smile on his face. If you ask he says he got into a scuffle with a desert hellcat, though he mentions he thinks he gave as good as he got.

Rieverre wrote:Excellent. I'll have them go through the attackers' belongings and round up anything useful, like weapons, armor, and the like. As well as any writs or coin they were carrying. And yes, I'll let my knights have their pick of the takings. The rest, I think we'll sell, reforge into something more useful, have for spare parts or use to start an armory in the holdfast. Whatever's more practical really.

... how are the noncombatants doing? Mya should be mostly fine given this wasn't her first rodeo, but for Myranda, Hennah ... hell, the septa and Myranda's handmaiden ... yeah, I'm hoping Mya and Anna are running damage control.

Well most of their stuff is either substandard or equal to yours though your sworn sword managed to find a rather nice helmet. The rest you can sell for the metal.

As for the girls, Mya, Myranda, Hennah, Anna, and the Septa are doing alright. The handmaiden....fainted...turned pale as a sheet and seems oblivious to the world.

Still legitimate. Still reflects on the family, unless they're the kind that don't care and haven't much to lose at all.

Last roll of the dice with this fuck-up.

"I love assassinating assassins," I say cheerfully, "you always look so surprised."

Then point that cheerfully homicidal look at the hothead to see if that confession of one of his fellows has shaken anything loose.

And yes, I point out they will be _lucky_ if they get to take the Black or the gallows. The alternative is me taking the trouble to drag them to King's Landing and put them at my father's mercy.

And yes he blubbers, he cracks like a damn egg and swears to take the black and begs your forgiveness. He offers the loot that was offered. 100 gold dragons...nice.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:Will do.

So bring it up.

"Well it will be a fun one I can assure you."

"Aye..." he has some wine brought over for the two of you. It's the good shit.

I comment on her dress and laugh when she mentions her wise investments.  "Well however this turns out we're sure as hell rich when this is all over."

"Yeah, sure as hell a change of plan, right?"

He can suck it up the little prick.

HATE!

Just trying a little IC.

Sorry.

I nod in agreement, "Unless you're truly blessed and live the life of a royal or a lady you need to be able to protect yourself."

"Tell that to Elia Martel," Robert snorts with a scowl, "I approve. She might be a woman, but she's still got the blood of a stag. Without their horns, a stag is nothing but a doe, and a doe is naught but fit for the dinner plate."

He looks at his blond daughter, "Look at her, Myrcella. Right now she's every bit the proper lady, but stick a sword in her hands and she went through the next generation of knights faster than a cheap meat pie. You'd do well to follow her example."

Myrcella nods. She has her serious face on. "I will, father."

Mya looks a bit agape. She's shocked by this.

I give him a stink-eye.

So does Myrcella.

I grin and enjoy the strip-down.

Heh.

I smile to him. "Speak up little brother.  Seems like you have something to say."

"I-I want to be your squire!" he exclaims. "I-I want to be strong like you!"

"Thank-you...I think..."

He laughs.

"As for what now?  Not sure.  Honestly my plan never really got further than thrash everyone that came up against me until someone decided that I was valuable enough that the name Stone wasn't dishonorable enough to not take me on as a house knight.  I haven't really expected to get this far this fast."

"Well, unless my brother has some bright idea, I could use some good men like you at Storms End."

I do mention in passing that I got real-estate in the city instead of cash with some of my bets.  I mutter what their nature are and how I'm not sure how the hell I deal with them without either my sister finding out or looking like a fool in front of my...new employees...

"Don't let Robert know too much about that, he might offer to take it off your hands. Then we'd never see him again. It would take all 7 kings guard to extract him from their clutches." he laughs, "In all seriousness, just find some reasonable men and have them run it for you. Less than honest coin, true, but you're a bastard so its expected. They won't think any less of you if you did, and won't think any more if you don't, so why the hells not, eh?""

Edd

Actually she can't comprehend not killing a man over a matter of days, inch by excruciating inch....she's a little psycho....

I start explaining the logic. There's an artistry to it.

It's done amazingly quickly, apparently there's a sugar worker from Pentos who's absurdly good at this sort of thing.

Nice. Might have to sample his wares and invest... with the soon to be advent of waxed paper, candy can be sold. Maybe call them "Trident Rubies" with a patent on the name.

In fact, introducing companies and the idea of a royal warrent for products seen as desirable by the royal household would be a good idea.

Patents are probably also another new ideas... hm... well, with the printing press coming some from of copy rights will be needed.

I talk about it with robert some time.

And the kids have a blast with the thing.  A servant's son manages to shatter the thing.

"All hail the little champion who slue the tyrant's wretched son!" I laugh, "Now enjoy the treasures of victory children, and give thanks to your brave hero!"

Well to make a long story short.  Tyene insists on coming with you.

I send ravens to King's Landing, informing and half-apologizing to the other girls. She's kinda scary.

Bella is going to move here in a year.  Still a Rivers but a recognized bastard.

Alright. Great with me. She happy with the idea?

And Arriane says she'll keep in contact with you.

And I her.

You notice Robert with a black eye and a big smile on his face.  If you ask he says he got into a scuffle with a desert hellcat, though he mentions he thinks he gave as good as he got.

"Ask her to come with, you great bearded buffoon... you're not finding another woman like her any time soon" Very Happy

I say this in private in a jesting manner.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:46 am

Brian Boru wrote:Well most of their stuff is either substandard or equal to yours though your sworn sword managed to find a rather nice helmet.  The rest you can sell for the metal.

Every little bit helps ^^

As for the girls, Mya, Myranda, Hennah, Anna, and the Septa are doing alright.  The handmaiden....fainted...turned pale as a sheet and seems oblivious to the world.

Better than I'd expected that to turn out, really.

And yes he blubbers, he cracks like a damn egg and swears to take the black and begs your forgiveness.  He offers the loot that was offered.  100 gold dragons...nice.

At the rate I'm going I'll be able to afford more sworn swords soon.

It's Lannister coin, isn't it?

I tell him how he ends up is solely up to him. If he's a good boy and behaves, I'll bother dragging him along and handing him off to the first Black Brother I see. I don't have to explain what'll happen if he isn't.

... I'll make the same offer to the idiot third son, though my tone of voice is skeptical as I expect him to do something that'll make me kill him out of hand rather than bother.

"And if you're thinking of running," I lean in and lower my voice, "think on this. How do you estimate your chances of survival stand, now that you've failed what I assume was instructions paid for by money from Casterly Rock?"

Also, if anyone interested sees me dragging these two towards King's Landing, that might make whoever is hunting me (I can assume it's Hill and his Bloodseekers, but I'm not sure how ... canonical ... they are in whatever version I ended up in) spook and become more careless. Or want to eliminate my prisoners. I tell my sworn swords to be mindful of any such attempts.

Hm. Do we have any surviving horses, or did I manage to kill them all? Because those are arguable as or more valuable than the armor and weapons.

Regardless, after securing the prisoners and distributing loot (with most probably being carried on horseback by our prizes) we continue on.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:49 am

Psyckosama wrote:So bring it up.

I do mention to Jon about me and ...Myranda, though I make it blatant that I've never done anything untoward nor would I go against her father in any way.

"Aye..." he has some wine brought over for the two of you. It's the good shit.

I enjoy it, (THANK YOU METABOLISM!) I mention in passing about the ...chug-fests I've done for the other squires' entertainment back in the Vale.

"Yeah, sure as hell a change of plan, right?"

"Indeed sister."

HATE!

HAH!

Sorry.

NP. Was trying to be funny.

"Tell that to Elia Martel," Robert snorts with a scowl, "I approve. She might be a woman, but she's still got the blood of a stag. Without their horns, a stag is nothing but a doe, and a doe is naught but fit for the dinner plate."

"Clever comparison father."

He looks at his blond daughter, "Look at her, Myrcella. Right now she's every bit the proper lady, but stick a sword in her hands and she went through the next generation of knights faster than a cheap meat pie. You'd do well to follow her example."

Myrcella nods. She has her serious face on. "I will, father."

Mya looks a bit agape. She's shocked by this.

"Looks like you might have found your own future 'squire' sweet sister." I nudge her in the ribs.

So does Myrcella.

Heh I like her.

"I-I want to be your squire!" he exclaims. "I-I want to be strong like you!"

I blink at that.

Then I smile and say, "Well I'd have to get your father's approval and I'm sure there are at least 1000 other knights with more accomplishments and experience than me. But I'd be honored to have you, though you might need a few more years of growing before you start squiring."

He laughs.

I chuckle with him.

"Well, unless my brother has some bright idea, I could use some good men like you at Storms End."

I bow my head, "It would be a great honor to serve in my ancestors' hall. I may not have the name but my blood is from there right enough. You do me a great honor." I mention Renly's offer to Robert and Jon when I get the chance.

"Don't let Robert know too much about that, he might offer to take it off your hands. Then we'd never see him again. It would take all 7 kings guard to extract him from their clutches." he laughs, "In all seriousness, just find some reasonable men and have them run it for you. Less than honest coin, true, but you're a bastard so its expected. They won't think any less of you if you did, and won't think any more if you don't, so why the hells not, eh?"

I chuckle again. "Wise words...un...my lord."

After that I see if I can speak with Joffery, he IS the birthday boy and even if the day isn't here just yet no point in not giving him SOME respect, if just for appearances sake. I ask him how he's liked the tourney and if he plans to enter the lists some day himself. Seeing we're both sons of Robert I can't imagine him NOT itching to get into the fight yes?

(OOC: The kid DOES look up to his old man and wants to look tough for him, so implying he might not act like Robert in a martial way might either piss him off or we get a comedy of errors when he tries to show how valorous he is.)

Edd

I start explaining the logic. There's an artistry to it.

She does seem to comprehend it...you think.

Nice. Might have to sample his wares and invest... with the soon to be advent of waxed paper, candy can be sold. Maybe call them "Trident Rubies" with a patent on the name.

In fact, introducing companies and the idea of a royal warrent for products seen as desirable by the royal household would be a good idea.

Patents are probably also another new ideas... hm... well, with the printing press coming some from of copy rights will be needed.

I talk about it with robert some time.

Alright then. The candy man is honored by your patronage.

"All hail the little champion who slue the tyrant's wretched son!" I laugh, "Now enjoy the treasures of victory children, and give thanks to your brave hero!"

He's the little hero of the hour.

I send ravens to King's Landing, informing and half-apologizing to the other girls. She's kinda scary.

"Other girls?"

Alright. Great with me. She happy with the idea?

Considering her previous life, she's still not sure if she hasn't died and gone to heaven.

And I her.

Good

"Ask her to come with, you great bearded buffoon... you're not finding another woman like her any time soon" Very Happy

I say this in private in a jesting manner.

Already taken care of. When you eventually head out. Obara is coming along, claiming that she is heading to King's Landing to see the wares of the famous street of steel.

Rieverre wrote:Every little bit helps ^^

Right.

Better than I'd expected that to turn out, really.

The poor girl starts crying, your hedge knight friend rather quick to comfort her.

At the rate I'm going I'll be able to afford more sworn swords soon.

At this rate you might need it.

It's Lannister coin, isn't it?

They were definitely minted in Lannisport, though a ton of coins are minted there considering the goldmines and goldsmiths living in the place.

I tell him how he ends up is solely up to him. If he's a good boy and behaves, I'll bother dragging him along and handing him off to the first Black Brother I see. I don't have to explain what'll happen if he isn't.

He swears he'll be good.

... I'll make the same offer to the idiot third son, though my tone of voice is skeptical as I expect him to do something that'll make me kill him out of hand rather than bother.

"And if you're thinking of running," I lean in and lower my voice, "think on this. How do you estimate your chances of survival stand, now that you've failed what I assume was instructions paid for by money from Casterly Rock?"

He looks like he made to fight, until he was reminded of the consequences of his failure, he immediately turns chalk white and nods emphatically, too scared to speak properly.

Also, if anyone interested sees me dragging these two towards King's Landing, that might make whoever is hunting me (I can assume it's Hill and his Bloodseekers, but I'm not sure how ... canonical ... they are in whatever version I ended up in) spook and become more careless. Or want to eliminate my prisoners. I tell my sworn swords to be mindful of any such attempts.

They nod and promise to keep and eye out for anything funny.

Hm. Do we have any surviving horses, or did I manage to kill them all? Because those are arguable as or more valuable than the armor and weapons.

All but two of them. Nothing spectacular but solid horses.

Regardless, after securing the prisoners and distributing loot (with most probably being carried on horseback by our prizes) we continue on.

Roll a d100.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:27 am

Brian Boru wrote:I do mention to Jon about me and ...Myranda, though I make it blatant that I've never done anything untoward nor would I go against her father in any way.

He personally supports the match and after some thought mentions that should all else fail, there is a landhold in the Vail waiting for you. There's several plots of land he's already set aside for loyal servants and those in his favor.

The way he glances at Myranda when mentioning the loyal servants is telling.

I enjoy it, (THANK YOU METABOLISM!)  I mention in passing about the ...chug-fests I've done for the other squires' entertainment back in the Vale.

"Half tempted to put you to the test boy, but tornys are much more enjoyable when you're not seeing double..." he mutters something about never making that mistake again.

"Indeed sister."

Evil grin.

"Clever comparison father."

"I thought so," he replies with a snort.

"Looks like you might have found your own future 'squire' sweet sister."  I nudge her in the ribs.

She laughs. "I could do worse. She's a little bony but there's plenty to work with..."

Myrcella huffs a bit.

Mya laughs and ruffles her hair. "You're cute when you're indignant."

Heh I like her.

She's impressed by Mya. She's so... pretty and strong. And confident.

I blink at that.

Then I smile and say, "Well I'd have to get your father's approval and I'm sure there are at least 1000 other knights with more accomplishments and experience than me.  But I'd be honored to have you, though you might need a few more years of growing before you start squiring."

"Boy's mother'd go mad with rage," Robert observes, "I support the idea."

I chuckle with him.

"You're a good lad..." he sighs and looks a bit saddened.

I bow my head, "It would be a great honor to serve in my ancestors' hall.  I may not have the name but my blood is from there right enough.  You do me a great honor."  I mention Renly's offer to Robert and Jon when I get the chance.

"You're kin" he replies. "And I could use some close kin besides those lot. Robert's either has his head in the wine or between a harlot's bust, Stannis could suck the joy from any room, and the children..." he shakes his head, "I don't see a drop of stag in them."

I chuckle again. "Wise words...un...my lord."

He laughs. "You know its true. I'm Master of Laws. I know what others think of me, and I'm not the vapid fool my brothers think me. I just happen to find my joy in things other than whores and duty..."

After that I see if I can speak with Joffery, he IS the birthday boy and even if the day isn't here just yet no point in not giving him SOME respect, if just for appearances sake.  I ask him how he's liked the tourney and if he plans to enter the lists some day himself.  Seeing we're both sons of Robert I can't imagine him NOT itching to get into the fight yes?

(OOC: The kid DOES look up to his old man and wants to look tough for him, so implying he might not act like Robert in a martial way might either piss him off or we get a comedy of errors when he tries to show how valorous he is.)

"Yes, I do," he replies, "But I'd have to be squired first and my mother refuses to allow it..." he frowns. "Father wrenched the crown out of the Mad King's dead fingers, with the blood of the man's son still on his hammer. How can I prove myself as a king if I am weak?!"

Edd

She does seem to comprehend it...you think.

Ah.

Alright then. The candy man is honored by your patronage.

"I see a product that will benefit us both, and I will see it marketed. So, lets talk about expanding production." I'm willing to offer a reasonable investment in exchange for partial ownership of his operation... he'd still have the great majority of the ownership. But a subject to... dear to the family as the trident needs to have some degree of family interest.

OOC basically investment for stock options.

That and he'd have the advantage of having a patron in the form of the royal family.

Generally my ideas of investment I am willing to mention and discuss. Capitolism... its a thing and I intend for the royal family to be very very involved in the art of being wealthy Wink

In the late middle ages the contempt for trade made many of the great noble houses go bankrupt. I intend to jump on that bandwagon early and ride it clear to the land of wealth.

He's the little hero of the hour.

I look to Robert and Duran. "So, seem like a sound tradition to adopt on the day of the battle? Turn the man into a laughing stock hammer target that shit rubies for the pleasure of children. Every year, on that day, he would die ten thousand more times, the lost would find their vengeance in the hands and hammers of the children of Westeros."

"Other girls?"

Shit.

I explain the situation. I was not leading her own. Really, I saw her more as a friend and maybe student... at least at first.

I don't want to seem like I was stringing er along.

And no poisoning them and... don't lawyer me when toxins are involved. Alright?

I need a drink

(note, I haven't fucked her yet)

Considering her previous life, she's still not sure if she hasn't died and gone to heaven.

"You're quite alive. I'm just happen we managed to find you. Just never forget who you were. It'll allow you to understand the suffering of others. We're all different people all across our lives. And each of those people makes us wiser and stronger. Before, you were Bella of Stony Sept. Now you're Bella Rivers. One day you will carry the name of your husband... but when you become one, you will never stopped being what you were before. People outside Dorne will call you bastard, and whore's daughter... Don't let it hurt you. It gives you a strength they lack. They've never suffered. You've been tempered in hardship and emerged form those fires as steel. And remember, above all else you're my sister and our father's daughter. Inside you runs the blood of kings. Father's blood. My blood. And I will always love you, my darling little sister."

kiss on the forehead.

Already taken care of.  When you eventually head out. Obara is coming along, claiming that she is heading to King's Landing to see the wares of the famous street of steel.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:06 am

Brian Boru wrote:The poor girl starts crying, your hedge knight friend rather quick to comfort her.

... well, all the more power to him for taking initiative.

At this rate you might need it.

I think we've passed 'might' a good while ago.

They were definitely minted in Lannisport, though a ton of coins are minted there considering the goldmines and goldsmiths living in the place.

But it works for the sake of theatricality. And so far this seems to have been the case for the payment of all of my erstwhile assassins. Circumstantial, certainly, but every little bit helps.

All but two of them.  Nothing spectacular but solid horses.

No problem with carrying extra supplies then. Good. Also, a reasonable take, since horses in general tend to be expensive, especially ones knights and men at arms would ride.

Roll a d100.

rolling
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:06 am

'd100' : 25

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:He personally supports the match and after some thought mentions that should all else fail, there is a landhold in the Vail waiting for you. There's several plots of land he's already set aside for loyal servants and those in his favor.

The way he glances at Myranda when mentioning the loyal servants is telling.

I smile and bow my head for the generosity he's showing and if it comes to it that I'll be the best bannerman I can possibly be.

"Half tempted to put you to the test boy, but tornys are much more enjoyable when you're not seeing double..." he mutters something about never making that mistake again.

"I agree."

"I thought so," he replies with a snort.

Light chuckle.

She laughs. "I could do worse. She's a little bony but there's plenty to work with..."

Myrcella huffs a bit.

Mya laughs and ruffles her hair. "You're cute when you're indignant."

I laugh with her. Though I might want to remind her that our half-sister IS a princess and someone is bound to complain. How much that's worth when Robert likes us is debatable but still...

She's impressed by Mya. She's so... pretty and strong. And confident.

That she is. Though I mention to be herself first and foremost.

"Boy's mother'd go mad with rage," Robert observes, "I support the idea."

I privately gulp at that, crazy bitch is already after my ass as principle do I really WANT to make it personal? I DON'T SAY THAT OUTLOUD!

"You're a good lad..." he sighs and looks a bit saddened.

"Father?"

"You're kin" he replies. "And I could use some close kin besides those lot. Robert's either has his head in the wine or between a harlot's bust, Stannis could suck the joy from any room, and the children..." he shakes his head, "I don't see a drop of stag in them."

"Well unless my Royal father has other plans I must admit that sounds rather enticing to say the least."

I mention Renly's offer the next time I see Robert and ask what he thinks.

He laughs. "You know its true. I'm Master of Laws. I know what others think of me, and I'm not the vapid fool my brothers think me. I just happen to find my joy in things other than whores and duty..."

"You seem more than clever my lord uncle, but then I've only met you so I may be horribly wrong but I like to think that I'm a relatively decent judge of character, though take a bastard's words and judgement at your digression I guess."

I do ask who's competing in the Melee tomorrow and who's favored.

"Yes, I do," he replies, "But I'd have to be squired first and my mother refuses to allow it..." he frowns. "Father wrenched the crown out of the Mad King's dead fingers, with the blood of the man's son still on his hammer. How can I prove myself as a king if I am weak?!"

"Well actually he won the crown when you uncle did the right thing and put a rabid psychopath out of everyone's misery. But your complaint still stands, how old are you now brother? 10? 11? About time you learn how to couch a lance and swing a sword... I was 12 when I started my squiring, then again I mauled two boys older than me about then so they figured I had a knack for the martial skills."

"I guess I could give you a few lessons after this tourney, I really don't have any immediate plans at the moment and it just seems wrong that you haven't begun your instructions yet. Though if you want to learn from me you'll have to be willing to take bit of thumping in the process, if you think you're tough enough to handle it."

Edd

"I see a product that will benefit us both, and I will see it marketed. So, lets talk about expanding production." I'm willing to offer a reasonable investment in exchange for partial ownership of his operation... he'd still have the great majority of the ownership. But a subject to... dear to the family as the trident needs to have some degree of family interest.

OOC basically investment for stock options.

That and he'd have the advantage of having a patron in the form of the royal family.

Generally my ideas of investment I am willing to mention and discuss. Capitolism... its a thing and I intend for the royal family to be very very involved in the art of being wealthy Wink

In the late middle ages the contempt for trade made many of the great noble houses go bankrupt. I intend to jump on that bandwagon early and ride it clear to the land of wealth.

That all sends his head spinning but he might be able to do something with this at least for noble parties (the only clientele with the money for that sort of extravagance.)

I look to Robert and Duran. "So, seem like a sound tradition to adopt on the day of the battle? Turn the man into a laughing stock hammer target that shit rubies for the pleasure of children. Every year, on that day, he would die ten thousand more times, the lost would find their vengeance in the hands and hammers of the children of Westeros."

Robert seems for it. Doran and Oberyn somewhat less so but they agree to it eventually.

Shit.

I explain the situation. I was not leading her own. Really, I saw her more as a friend and maybe student... at least at first.

I don't want to seem like I was stringing er along.

And no poisoning them and... don't lawyer me when toxins are involved. Alright?

I need a drink

(note, I haven't fucked her yet)

She stares at you for a long time, her eyes piercing into your soul, before making a curt nod and turning around and heading elsewhere. You feel like something's walked over your grave.

"You're quite alive. I'm just happen we managed to find you. Just never forget who you were. It'll allow you to understand the suffering of others. We're all different people all across our lives. And each of those people makes us wiser and stronger. Before, you were Bella of Stony Sept. Now you're Bella Rivers. One day you will carry the name of your husband... but when you become one, you will never stopped being what you were before. People outside Dorne will call you bastard, and whore's daughter... Don't let it hurt you. It gives you a strength they lack. They've never suffered. You've been tempered in hardship and emerged form those fires as steel. And remember, above all else you're my sister and our father's daughter. Inside you runs the blood of kings. Father's blood. My blood. And I will always love you, my darling little sister."

kiss on the forehead.

D'aawww...

Cute moment.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Heh. So sailing or land?

Either way roll a d100.

Rieverre wrote:... well, all the more power to him for taking initiative.

Heh

I think we've passed 'might' a good while ago.

HAH very true.

But it works for the sake of theatricality. And so far this seems to have been the case for the payment of all of my erstwhile assassins. Circumstantial, certainly, but every little bit helps.

Good point. Just be prepared to have counter arguments mention it.

No problem with carrying extra supplies then. Good. Also, a reasonable take, since horses in general tend to be expensive, especially ones knights and men at arms would ride.

So you're now flush with horses. Never expected THAT did ya?

Amazingly, other than some cantankerous ferrymen, the rest of the trek through the Riverlands is actually quite nice. You soon enter the Crownlands, do you head for your new holdings NOW or pay your respects in the capital one last time?

Either way roll one last d100.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:52 am

Brian Boru wrote:I smile and bow my head for the generosity he's showing and if it comes to it that I'll be the best bannerman I can possibly be.

She smiles. He knows. Nestor's been sending regular reports.

Anything else you wish to discuss?

"I agree."

Ha!

I laugh with her.  Though I might want to remind her that our half-sister IS a princess and someone is bound to complain.  How much that's worth when Robert likes us is debatable but still...

"Of course she is. I'll teach her to kick ass gracefully..."

That she is.  Though I mention to be herself first and foremost.

She nods.

I privately gulp at that, crazy bitch is already after my ass as principle do I really WANT to make it personal?  I DON'T SAY THAT OUTLOUD!

"Something wrong, boy?"

"Father?"

He sighs. "Nothing."

"Well unless my Royal father has other plans I must admit that sounds rather enticing to say the least."

"Doubtlessly does. But I don't see him denying you a place in the ancestral homelands. Why... I might know the perfect place. Needs some cleaning up, but..."

I mention Renly's offer the next time I see Robert and ask what he thinks.

"I was thinking of something myself. I'd like to keep you close, lad."

"You seem more than clever my lord uncle, but then I've only met you so I may be horribly wrong but I like to think that I'm a relatively decent judge of character, though take a bastard's words and judgement at your digression I guess."

"I don't see bastards quite the same way that the common sword swinging simpleton does," he replies, "They're no less corrupt and banal than the average noble lord. If that is a compliment or condemnation I'll leave up you, but most have clearer vision. Or at least the successful ones do. They can't afford not to."

I do ask who's competing in the Melee tomorrow and who's favored.

He gives you a look that just says "Seriously?"

"Well actually he won the crown when you uncle did the right thing and put a rabid psychopath out of everyone's misery.  But your complaint still stands, how old are you now brother?  10?  11?  About time you learn how to couch a lance and swing a sword... I was 12 when I started my squiring, then again I mauled two boys older than me about then so they figured I had a knack for the martial skills."

"I guess I could give you a few lessons after this tourney, I really don't have any immediate plans at the moment and it just seems wrong that you haven't begun your instructions yet.  Though if you want to learn from me you'll have to be willing to take bit of thumping in the process, if you think you're tough enough to handle it."

He grins. It's not a happy smile. It's more of a "Bat shit insane" smile... and you see his imagination going."

"We will be like Duncan the Tall and Aegon V... traveling the land, smiting fools and traitors! Making bloody examples of those who'd deny my right..."

Edd

That all sends his head spinning but he might be able to do something with this at least for noble parties (the only clientele with the money for that sort of extravagance.)

Merchants to.

"Oh, the secret here is economy of scale. The more you make, the cheaper you can make it... and with my plans to raise the buying power of the small folk... well... candy is a wonderful thing."

Robert seems for it.  Doran and Oberyn somewhat less so but they agree to it eventually.

Remember Elia. There's 4 people who's actions lead to her death. The idiot who cast her aside, the lunatic who ordered her imprisoned, the monster who ordered her death, and the creature that killed her.

Maybe when he dies (telling look at the brothers), we'll call the Jesters of the land Tywins. I hear the man hates laughter above all else. So lets make his a legacy of giggles and guffaws.

She stares at you for a long time, her eyes piercing into your soul, before making a curt nod and turning around and heading elsewhere.  You feel like something's walked over your grave.

Actually, no.

There's only one thing I can do to calm her down.

I place a hand on her shoulder and kiss her.

D'aawww...

Cute moment.

And I'm hoping she took it to heart.

Heh.  So sailing or land?

Ask the king.

Either way roll a d100.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:Good point.  Just be prepared to have counter arguments mention it.

I still have to do some research before that. For example, to check whether or not a House Sarwyck is a Lannister banner here. Otherwise, I run the chance of going 'Bloodseekers!' and everybody responding with 'what?'.

So you're now flush with horses.  Never expected THAT did ya?

Never expected to essentially be independently wealthy and having a semi-secure future either. It's coming to be something I'm getting used to. The horses are quite nice to have tho.

Amazingly, other than some cantankerous ferrymen, the rest of the trek through the Riverlands is actually quite nice.  You soon enter the Crownlands, do you head for your new holdings NOW or pay your respects in the capital one last time?

Either way roll one last d100.

Better chances of finding a black brother in the capital. Also, I did say I wanted to introduce Myranda.

But I'll err on the side of expediency this time, and the desire to not make the same trip twice. I'll head to whichever I'll get to faster, but the capital if the travel times are mostly equal.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 am

roll failed to trigger. trying again.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 am

'd100' : 68

Dice Bot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:34 pm

Okay, it seems my forum host has had a bit of a server issue and to do it they're automatically splitting threats once they reach a certain size.

Out of my control. Please carry on.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:17 pm

Psyckosama wrote:She smiles. He knows. Nestor's been sending regular reports.

Anything else you wish to discuss?

Well....I look around, and then ask if I could speak with him privately, my party has had some trouble on the road. Nearly lethally so.

"Of course she is. I'll teach her to kick ass gracefully..."

I laugh and make as if to ruffle HER hair before stopping and saying, "Never change sister."

"Something wrong, boy?"

"Huh? Oh nothing....well..." I glance around and tell him there's something I wish to speak to him and Lord Arryn about later on, in private.

If and when he grants such a talk I tell the both of them EVERYTHING that's happened to me since I left the Vale including my suspicions on whose been ordering these hits on me.

He sighs. "Nothing."

I nod in understanding, we all have our baggage and ghosts.

"Doubtlessly does. But I don't see him denying you a place in the ancestral homelands. Why... I might know the perfect place. Needs some cleaning up, but..."

"Well if things unfold that way then I'd be overjoyed to hear about it."

"I was thinking of something myself. I'd like to keep you close, lad."

"You are the king and I'll do as you command." I do show I'm touched he's decided on having me involved in his life.

"I don't see bastards quite the same way that the common sword swinging simpleton does," he replies, "They're no less corrupt and banal than the average noble lord. If that is a compliment or condemnation I'll leave up you, but most have clearer vision. Or at least the successful ones do. They can't afford not to."

"I'll it as a complement, considering I scarcely receive them I take then whenever or wherever I can.

He gives you a look that just says "Seriously?"

I shrug my shoulders, "The joust is different from a melee and just because I pulverized 10 Mountain Clansmen in my first fight doesn't mean that a fair fight against armored men who've been training for this their entire life will go the same."

He grins. It's not a happy smile. It's more of a "Bat shit insane" smile... and you see his imagination going."

"We will be like Duncan the Tall and Aegon V... traveling the land, smiting fools and traitors! Making bloody examples of those who'd deny my right..."

"Erm...no one's denying your right. They respect the King and unless you go the way of the Targaryens they'll respect you. Then again smacking around bandits would certainly gain respect."

And fuck I might have just set myself up to try and be Joffrey's leash...FUCK!

Edd

Merchants to.

"Oh, the secret here is economy of scale. The more you make, the cheaper you can make it... and with my plans to raise the buying power of the small folk... well... candy is a wonderful thing."

Sugar's still kinda rare and expensive in that form at least.

Remember Elia. There's 4 people who's actions lead to her death. The idiot who cast her aside, the lunatic who ordered her imprisoned, the monster who ordered her death, and the creature that killed her.

Maybe when he dies (telling look at the brothers), we'll call the Jesters of the land Tywins. I hear the man hates laughter above all else. So lets make his a legacy of giggles and guffaws.

That sets some laughing.

Actually, no.

There's only one thing I can do to calm her down.

I place a hand on her shoulder and kiss her.

That unfortunately seems to have set something off, because she speaks in the huskiest most desparate voice you've ever heard. "Broom closet...NOW!"

What follows....well lets just say you think you might have pulled a muscle in your hips.

And I'm hoping she took it to heart.

You think she did.

Well sea it it. Setting off from the tip of Dorne you head Northwards, eventually you land at Weeping tower on the Southern coast of Cape Wrath, sopping wet but nothing compared to the constant Storms that occur on the North side of the Cape.

You'll be moving through the Stormlands until you reach Storm's End itself. Robert seems to become more...excited with his coming back to his homelands. Each thunder boom you hear seems to bring more pep to his step, that or he's just lost at least another 30 lbs lately and is now nearly back to his fighting weight.

As you head further north you notice the trees growing thick and massive, Obarra and Tyene seem agog at the amount of water and plant-life here.

Roll a d100.

Rieverre wrote:I still have to do some research before that. For example, to check whether or not a House Sarwyck is a Lannister banner here. Otherwise, I run the chance of going 'Bloodseekers!' and everybody responding with 'what?'.

None of them seem to remember anything about a house Sarwyck but they'll ask around if it helps.

Never expected to essentially be independently wealthy and having a semi-secure future either. It's coming to be something I'm getting used to. The horses are quite nice to have tho.

HAH true.

Better chances of finding a black brother in the capital. Also, I did say I wanted to introduce Myranda.

But I'll err on the side of expediency this time, and the desire to not make the same trip twice. I'll head to whichever I'll get to faster, but the capital if the travel times are mostly equal.

Your new holdings are on the way to King's Landing so you go there first.

68[/quote]

When you get there your steward rides out to meet you a harried look on his face.

When you ask you learn that an entire family of your new small folk have disappeared, no sign of a struggle but there's an odd mark on the door looking like three drops of blood.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:28 pm

Brian Boru carried out 1 launched of one d10 (Image not informed.) :
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:47 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Well....I look around, and then ask if I could speak with him privately, my party has had some trouble on the road.  Nearly lethally so.

The man's eyes go dark and he politely "requests" that you explain. In excruciating detail.

I laugh and make as if to ruffle HER hair before stopping and saying, "Never change sister."

"Of course not," she scoffs. "Horses will ride men and the small folk will all become princes and kings before I do."

Robert is watching and seems... very please. And a bit wistful.

"Huh? Oh nothing....well..."  I glance around and tell him there's something I wish to speak to him and Lord Arryn about later on, in private.

If and when he grants such a talk I tell the both of them EVERYTHING that's happened to me since I left the Vale including my suspicions on whose been ordering these hits on me.

Of course lad...

*45 minutes later*

"THAT DESPICABLE WENCH!"

"Your grace, please, put down the hammer before you make a mistake!"

"THE ONLY MISTAKE I MADE WAS MARRYING THAT WHORE!"

"You... you simply can't kill the queen without evidence! It will be civil war! We need proof! Proof of her actions! Proof of some misdeed!"

Robert is looking bright purple and looks at you. "Boy, I trust you. Don't know why but it explains so much. I've known something was wrong for a long time. I've smelled it in the bloody air, like the stench of a bloated corpses. Who know what that bitch has been up to. Far as I know she's made a cuckold of me with her fucking brother. Gods know the children don't look a bloody thing like me..."

Jon frowns. "Robert, don't be ridiculous..."

"Jon, I should have told you to blow it out your arse when you told me to marry that cunt. Hardly my worst mistake as king, but one I am looking to correct." he looks at you, "He's right, as much as I'd like to smash that bitch, I can't... not without the fucking realm coming to pieces around me. So this is what I'm going to do. She's not to get word out. I want all the maids to be your hire, Jon. Not a peep, not a message that we don't read first. And you Durran..." he croses his arms. "You son, you're going to get me that evidence. You made the accusation, now get your proof. That's my order to you as your king and you'll have my full bloody support..."

He looks like he's BARELY restraining himself from killing her.

I nod in understanding, we all have our baggage and ghosts.

"Aye."

"Well if things unfold that way then I'd be overjoyed to hear about it."

He smiles and puts an arm about your shoulder. "So, what would you like to do now that the feats is over?"

"You are the king and I'll do as you command."  I do show I'm touched he's decided on having me involved in his life.

He looks... actually a bit taller than when you first saw him. Maybe its the slouch or lack there of. Or maybe he's just happier.

"I'll it as a complement, considering I scarcely receive them I take then whenever or wherever I can.

He nods. "Good. It was intended as one. But again, some bastards are very sensitive souls."

I shrug my shoulders, "The joust is different from a melee and just because I pulverized 10 Mountain Clansmen in my first fight doesn't mean that a fair fight against armored men who've been training for this their entire life will go the same."

You know that face!

It's the one you make when Mya's gone off the deep end. Very Happy

"Erm...no one's denying your right.  They respect the King and unless you go the way of the Targaryens they'll respect you.  Then again smacking around bandits would certainly gain respect."

And fuck I might have just set myself up to try and be Joffrey's leash...FUCK!

A chill runs down your spine...

Edd

Sugar's still kinda rare and expensive in that form at least.

Contact the summer islands. We need a larger trade route. And maybe we could find some areas on the coast of dorne that can grow cane. It would be a hell of a cash crop to consider.

And while there is not much demand now, well, the king is here and royalty are trend setters. What's popular is bloody well what we say is popular. So if we say Cane sugar is the new hotness, it bloody well is the new big thing.

Would Doran like to partner in a venture? Wink

Best thing about manufacturing fads is making a bloody mind doing it.

That sets some laughing.

I laugh with them, but my laugh is a little more malicious.

Muhahahaha!

That unfortunately seems to have set something off, because she speaks in the huskiest most desparate voice you've ever heard.  "Broom closet...NOW!"

What follows....well lets just say you think you might have pulled a muscle in your hips.

Just as planned.

And she won't be on her feet for three days. I just taught her why it takes a half-dozen women to keep up with me...

You think she did.

Thank GOD.

Well sea it it.  Setting off from the tip of Dorne you head Northwards, eventually you land at Weeping tower on the Southern coast of Cape Wrath, sopping wet but nothing compared to the constant Storms that occur on the North side of the Cape.

Ah. Well, I seem to not bitch too much. Though I mutter something about better designed cloaks.

You'll be moving through the Stormlands until you reach Storm's End itself.  Robert seems to become more...excited with his coming back to his homelands.  Each thunder boom you hear seems to bring more pep to his step, that or he's just lost at least another 30 lbs lately and is now nearly back to his fighting weight.

I'm hoping to run by Tarth... and Summerhall. See Renly.

As you head further north you notice the trees growing thick and massive, Obarra and Tyene seem agog at the amount of water and plant-life here.

"We live in an amazing realm... you haven't seen nothin' yet"

Though I do have a serious talk about them at some point. Be ready to deal with the bullshit in king's landing. They're entering the realm as the king and the princes' mistresses respectively and bastards are treated like dirt outside of Dorne. They might have heard it but I express my personal experiences to make it more clear. They'll get shit. So be ready. I know they can handle themselves, but even if you can it's better to know what you're getting into.

That said, try not to kill anyone. Messes lead to messes. Horrible beatings and humiliating agonizing gastrointestinal problems along with other such miladies that make one WISH for death on the other hand... well... like I said. They can handle themselves.

Wink.

Roll a d100.

Psyckosama carried out 1 launched of one d100 (Image not informed.) :

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:The man's eyes go dark and he politely "requests" that you explain. In excruciating detail.

I do so.

"Of course not," she scoffs. "Horses will ride men and the small folk will all become princes and kings before I do."

Robert is watching and seems... very please. And a bit wistful.

I chuckle.

Of course lad...

*45 minutes later*

"THAT DESPICABLE WENCH!"

"Your grace, please, put down the hammer before you make a mistake!"

"THE ONLY MISTAKE I MADE WAS MARRYING THAT WHORE!"

"You... you simply can't kill the queen without evidence! It will be civil war! We need proof! Proof of her actions! Proof of some misdeed!"

Robert is looking bright purple and looks at you. "Boy, I trust you. Don't know why but it explains so much. I've known something was wrong for a long time. I've smelled it in the bloody air, like the stench of a bloated corpses. Who know what that bitch has been up to. Far as I know she's made a cuckold of me with her fucking brother. Gods know the children don't look a bloody thing like me..."

Jon frowns. "Robert, don't be ridiculous..."

"Jon, I should have told you to blow it out your arse when you told me to marry that cunt. Hardly my worst mistake as king, but one I am looking to correct." he looks at you, "He's right, as much as I'd like to smash that bitch, I can't... not without the fucking realm coming to pieces around me. So this is what I'm going to do. She's not to get word out. I want all the maids to be your hire, Jon. Not a peep, not a message that we don't read first. And you Durren..." he croses his arms. "You son, you're going to get me that evidence. You made the accusation, now get your proof. That's my order to you as your king and you'll have my full bloody support..."

He looks like he's BARELY restraining himself from killing her.

"I'd have just been happy with assassins no longer attacking me. If ousting Cersei is what it takes then I'll do it. Not sure where to start though. I'm not exactly close enough to her to learn her dirty little secrets."

He smiles and puts an arm about your shoulder. "So, what would you like to do now that the feats is over?"

I glance at him, "What did you have in mind? Because I do have a short conversation with someone tonight." I glance over to Myranda if she's there, no reason to make him think I'm having dark conversations with the King and Jon, which would get shifted to Loras and then the Tyrells.

He looks... actually a bit taller than when you first saw him. Maybe its the slouch or lack there of. Or maybe he's just happier.

Well thats good, better than the drink giving him liquid elation.

He nods. "Good. It was intended as one. But again, some bastards are very sensitive souls."

"I had to learn to have a thick hide, if I bled from every barb I'd have been drained dry a long time ago."

You know that face!

It's the one you make when Mya's gone off the deep end. Very Happy

I chuckle, "Well no need to give myself a swollen head, that's just asking for someone to puncture that bladder at an inopportune moment.

A chill runs down your spine...

Wracking my memory I extol all the virtues of Aegon V and good king Jahaerys I, kings who weren't exceptionally martial but did great works to help the people and are still remembered. Shame their descendants went bugfuck, but they were good kings themselves who should be remembered right?

Edd

Contact the summer islands. We need a larger trade route. And maybe we could find some areas on the coast of dorne that can grow cane. It would be a hell of a cash crop to consider.

And while there is not much demand now, well, the king is here and royalty are trend setters. What's popular is bloody well what we say is popular. So if we say Cane sugar is the new hotness, it bloody well is the new big thing.

Would Doran like to partner in a venture? Wink

Best thing about manufacturing fads is making a bloody mind doing it.

Heh well if the Summer Isles have them then they'll look into it. Though they haven't really thought of it. Though Oberyn mentions that he thinks he's seen children chew on them before.

I laugh with them, but my laugh is a little more malicious.

Muhahahaha!

Heh

Just as planned.

And she won't be on her feet for three days. I just taught her why it takes a half-dozen women to keep up with me...

Heh

Ah. Well, I seem to not bitch too much. Though I mutter something about better designed cloaks.

Well they have them, it just rains that hard.

I'm hoping to run by Tarth... and Summerhall. See Renly.

Well they could do that. Tarth's a bit out of the way.

"We live in an amazing realm... you haven't seen nothin' yet"

Though I do have a serious talk about them at some point. Be ready to deal with the bullshit in king's landing. They're entering the realm as the king and the princes' mistresses respectively and bastards are treated like dirt outside of Dorne. They might have heard it but I express my personal experiences to make it more clear. They'll get shit. So be ready. I know they can handle themselves, but even if you can it's better to know what you're getting into.

That said, try not to kill anyone. Messes lead to messes. Horrible beatings and humiliating agonizing gastrointestinal problems along with other such miladies that make one WISH for death on the other hand... well... like I said. They can handle themselves.

Wink.

They aren't so thin skinned, they know not to make an open sore of themselves. But they won't be wallflowers.

Well as you make camp in the heart of the Rainwood between one of the holdings, you go out to look at a particularly tall tree when you come across an oddly shaped mound. A stone with something carve on the top of the mound.

You notice the sigil of a Stag stomping on a seven pointed star part of the carving.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:39 am

Brian Boru wrote:I do so.

He will investigate this. Until then you'll be watched. If they act he wants to capture them in the act.

I chuckle.

Robert toasts it.

"I'd have just been happy with assassins no longer attacking me.  If ousting Cersei is what it takes then I'll do it.  Not sure where to start though. I'm not exactly close enough to her to learn her dirty little secrets."

Robert seems PUMPED to do it.

I glance at him, "What did you have in mind?  Because I do have a short conversation with someone tonight."  I glance over to Myranda if she's there, no reason to make him think I'm having dark conversations with the King and Jon, which would get shifted to Loras and then the Tyrells.

"Ah... a 'conversation' with the lovely young lass. I'll have some moontea sent up..."

Well thats good, better than the drink giving him liquid elation.

Why, he's barely (by his standards) gotten into his wine. It's only his 5th cup!

"I had to learn to have a thick hide, if I bled from every barb I'd have been drained dry a long time ago."

"Well, I was trying to be polite. The reality is they can be touche little shites who will snap at any insult real or imagined... but lets go with that"

I chuckle, "Well no need to give myself a swollen head, that's just asking for someone to puncture that bladder at an inopportune moment.

"Sometimes confidence is well earned. And if Robert doesn't think of it, as lord of the Stormlands I will grant you the right to carry my version of the Barathion family arms on your person as a sign of my recognition of you as my kin... not in place of your personal arms, but along side."

Wracking my memory I extol all the virtues of Aegon V and good king Jahaerys I, kings who weren't exceptionally martial but did great works to help the people and are still remembered.  Shame their descendants went bugfuck, but they were good kings themselves who should be remembered right?

"Our father claimed the throne though conquest and blood, climbing atop the corpses of those who would dare challenge his might."

Edd

Heh well if the Summer Isles have them then they'll look into it.  Though they haven't really thought of it.  Though Oberyn mentions that he thinks he's seen children chew on them before.

Evil smile.

"One of the good things about a bastards outlook is gazing upon those nobles who consider merchantilism below them... and laughing all the way to the bloody bank."

Heh

I like to turn my enemies into forgotten jokes.

Heh

Hope daddy doesn't mind...

Or cousin... after all... she might want another go (or 5)

Well they have them, it just rains that hard.

I soldier through it.

"Give me thin air, dizzing heights, and bitter winds any day.... rain is for crops."

Well they could do that.  Tarth's a bit out of the way.

Call it my instincts...

They aren't so thin skinned, they know not to make an open sore of themselves.  But they won't be wallflowers.

Bloody hell they're not. Just wanted them to not get caught by suprise and be insulted enough to do something that would leave a mountain of corpses to clean up.

Sure, they'd be dumb corpses but morons can be useful and better the blathering idiots you know than a whole new crop of sycophantic retards to terrorize into obedience.

Not to mention, one or two of them might be somehow related to someone with enough braincells to rub together that it'll produce a spark and then you'll have a whole new mess.

Well as you make camp in the heart of the Rainwood between one of the holdings, you go out to look at a particularly tall tree when you come across an oddly shaped mound.  A stone with something carve on the top of the mound.

You notice the sigil of a Stag stomping on a seven pointed star part of the carving.

"Father!"

I call robert over.

"Look at this..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:56 am

Brian Boru wrote:None of them seem to remember anything about a house Sarwyck but they'll ask around if it helps.

There should be plenty of records regarding banners and such at the Red Keep anyway, so it's not quite a priority where inquiries are concerned.

When you get there your steward rides out to meet you a harried look on his face.

When you ask you learn that an entire family of your new small folk have disappeared, no sign of a struggle but there's an odd mark on the door looking like three drops of blood.

Because of course assassins on the road were not enough excitement by far.

... well, at least now I have semi-accurate confirmation that the Bloodseekers are involved. Unless someone else uses that symbol here anyway.

I greet the steward and have everyone get squared away, including locking up our two prisoners and introducing my future wife and her entourage.

After which I'll saddle back up and head over to where the disappearance took place, alongside the steward and a few of the militia. Preferably ones who've done some hunting before, legally or not. Mya's in charge while I'm out. I'm confident she and the knights can handle most of what comes up.

On the way there I'll have the steward (and potentially the militiamen) tell me what they know about the family of disappeared smallfolk.
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:05 am

Psyckosama wrote:He will investigate this. Until then you'll be watched. If they act he wants to capture them in the act.

"I'll be sure to sleep with one eye open, once was too many already. Three is beyond unacceptable."

Robert seems PUMPED to do it.

I do wonder why she's so determined to kill me and Mya and if there are other bastards in the crossbow sights of her wrath. We might need to track them down and see if anything has happened to them as well.

"Ah... a 'conversation' with the lovely young lass. I'll have some moontea sent up..."

"Thank-you for your thoughtfulness uncle, no reason for her brother to want to Sacrifice me to the Black Goat of Qohor if I got her with child by accident."

Why, he's barely (by his standards) gotten into his wine. It's only his 5th cup!

"Can you even taste it at that point?"

"Well, I was trying to be polite. The reality is they can be touche little shites who will snap at any insult real or imagined... but lets go with that"

That sets me laughing, I can imagine how that'd happen. Luckily my master managed to whack enough of the stupid out of me THAT certain out look on life was never even a consideration.

"Sometimes confidence is well earned. And if Robert doesn't think of it, as lord of the Stormlands I will grant you the right to carry my version of the Barathion family arms on your person as a sign of my recognition of you as my kin... not in place of your personal arms, but along side."

I blink in surprise at that. Then I bow my head and thank him for the honor he gives me.

"Our father claimed the throne though conquest and blood, climbing atop the corpses of those who would dare challenge his might."

"Sure that's how you can WIN a throne if it isn't to be yours, KEEPING it...that takes a wise man who know when to use force and when not to."

Edd

Evil smile.

"One of the good things about a bastards outlook is gazing upon those nobles who consider merchantilism below them... and laughing all the way to the bloody bank."

Hah

I like to turn my enemies into forgotten jokes.

"Vindictive...I like it." Oberyn mentions.

Hope daddy doesn't mind...

Or cousin... after all... she might want another go (or 5)

HAh

I soldier through it.

"Give me thin air, dizzing heights, and bitter winds any day.... rain is for crops."

"And you consider yourself a scion of the Storm Kings eh?" Robert asks with some slight mocking humor.

Call it my instincts...

Well when you say that. Considering how well your instincts have led your group before....

Bloody hell they're not. Just wanted them to not get caught by suprise and be insulted enough to do something that would leave a mountain of corpses to clean up.

Sure, they'd be dumb corpses but morons can be useful and better the blathering idiots you know than a whole new crop of sycophantic retards to terrorize into obedience.

Not to mention, one or two of them might be somehow related to someone with enough braincells to rub together that it'll produce a spark and then you'll have a whole new mess.

That gets them to chuckle but they'll control themselves.

"Father!"

I call robert over.

"Look at this..."

The others in the party soon come rushing towards the barrow for barrow it must be. Apparently you've stumbled across the barrow of one of the Durrendon kings who did battle with the invading Andals, and apparently he did well.

Staring amazement the others turn to you. You seem to be making a habit out of finding our ancient kinsmen...."

[quote="Rieverre"]There should be plenty of records regarding banners and such at the Red Keep anyway, so it's not quite a priority where inquiries are concerned.[/quotes]

True, might still take some time.

Because of course assassins on the road were not enough excitement by far.

Heh

... well, at least now I have semi-accurate confirmation that the Bloodseekers are involved. Unless someone else uses that symbol here anyway.

Maybe it's blood seekers or maybe it's a bandit group.

I greet the steward and have everyone get squared away, including locking up our two prisoners and introducing my future wife and her entourage.

He does so with gusto.

After which I'll saddle back up and head over to where the disappearance took place, alongside the steward and a few of the militia. Preferably ones who've done some hunting before, legally or not. Mya's in charge while I'm out. I'm confident she and the knights can handle most of what comes up.

No one complains and you soon have a few...trackers ready to help.

On the way there I'll have the steward (and potentially the militiamen) tell me what they know about the family of disappeared smallfolk.

No one special. Youngish man, with a wife and two boys, though the older one doesn't look a thing like either of his parents or his brother.
Brian Boru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:15 am

Brian Boru wrote:Maybe it's blood seekers or maybe it's a bandit group.

That would be an amazing coincidence.

No one complains and you soon have a few...trackers ready to help.

Excellent. We head out to the house and I have them start taking a look around for anything unusual in the area. Meanwhile, the steward and I will start by taking a look at the house itself. I ask the steward if anyone's moved anything since the smallfolk were found missing.

No one special.  Youngish man, with a wife and two boys, though the older one doesn't look a thing like either of his parents or his brother.

... and that's an even more amazing coincidence. How old was the older one and what did he look like?
Rieverre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:55 pm

Brian Boru wrote:"I'll be sure to sleep with one eye open, once was too many already.  Three is beyond unacceptable."

"One is beyond acceptable. Three is simply proof that whomever is doing this is sloppy."

I do wonder why she's so determined to kill me and Mya and if there are other bastards in the crossbow sights of her wrath.  We might need to track them down and see if anything has happened to them as well.

OURS IS THE FURY!!!!

Robert gives Jon a look. You swear his eyes are GLOWING RED with anger.

"I will look into it, majesty."

"Thank-you for your thoughtfulness uncle, no reason for her brother to want to Sacrifice me to the Black Goat of Qohor if I got her with child by accident."

"Yes. We couldn't have someone as lovely as yourself strapped to an alter now could we?"

"Can you even taste it at that point?"

"What was that, boy? Have some Arbor! Wench! Refil my sons cups!"

That sets me laughing, I can imagine how that'd happen.  Luckily my master managed to whack enough of the stupid out of me THAT certain out look on life was never even a consideration.

He looks pleased.

I blink in surprise at that.  Then I bow my head and thank him for the honor he gives me.

"I love my brothers well enough, as brothers should, but Robert is a drunken whoremonger and Stannis a humorless bore. I enjoy having a relation whom I can have a proper conversation with."

"Sure that's how you can WIN a throne if it isn't to be yours, KEEPING it...that takes a wise man who know when to use force and when not to."

He gives you a bewildered look. Like you're speaking funny talk.

Edd

"Vindictive...I like it."  Oberyn mentions.

"I'm on the whole a man whom on a personal level is fast to forgive. I have little concern for personal insults. My ego is not in any way delicate and I like to believe that my honor can stand on its own merits without me having to avenge every petty slight. I don't forget, but obsessing over petty nonsense will drive even the most stalwart man to distraction."

I pause, "My sense of right and wrong... my mortality on the other hard... it's an absolute. lf someone realizes the error of their ways, I'll be quick to grant mercy, even forgive the truly repentant. But I will not forget, and those whose actions have been so base as to render them unforgivable? Examples must be made of those who cross the line into true depravity. Killing them is merely the first step in ending their lives..."

"And you consider yourself a scion of the Storm Kings eh?"  Robert asks with some slight mocking humor.

"I was raised on a mountain for fucks sake. Gods! The humidity is unnatural."

Well when you say that.  Considering how well your instincts have led your group before....

I smile.

That gets them to chuckle but they'll control themselves.

"All I ask. Well, that and kick arse. Always kick arse."

The others in the party soon come rushing towards the barrow for barrow it must be.  Apparently you've stumbled across the barrow of one of the Durrendon kings who did battle with the invading Andals, and apparently he did well.

Staring amazement the others turn to you.  You seem to be making a habit out of finding our ancient kinsmen...."

"Maybe I should make discovering the lost history of westeros my passion... so, you're the king..."

We can handle this while moving on.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top