Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. Empty There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:49 pm

You awaken to cold. The kind of cold that cuts through clothes and flesh right down to the bone. Your mind is fuzzy and full of knowledge that is alien but almost second nature. Strange knowledge. Exotic knowledge. Knowledge right out of Star Wars. Knowledge of the force and the ways of the Jedi.

Looking down at yourself you find yourself to be dressed in simple but deceptively well made robes of brown and tan. At your side is a simple sword made in the Katana style that on the edge of your mind seems to simply hum with power. Without thought you recognize it as a force katana, the kind of force imbued weapon that the Jedi used before the creation of the lightsaber. Besides the blade you carry a simple satchel pack and bundle roll.

As you get your bearings you look up and find yourself looking at what could only be a fast cliff face of solid ice that extended to the horizon in both directions.

"So what's this now then?"

Looking behind you, you see two disheveled men in black looking at you and at one another.

"Doesn't look like 'es from the other side."

"Who the bloody 'ell are you and wot the hell you doin' this close to the wall?"

What you are doing here you don't know. Who you are, well, even before your name the little voice in your head answers that for you.

You are Jedi.

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Rieverre Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:51 am

Psyckosama wrote:"So what's this now then?"

Looking behind you, you see two disheveled men in black looking at you and at one another.

"Who the bloody 'ell are you and wot the hell you doin' this close to the wall?"

What you are doing here you don't know. Who you are, well, even before your name the little voice in your head answers that for you.

You are Jedi.

"Merely a traveler," I reply levelly, adjusting to the situation. I leave my hands folded within my traveling robe's sleeves, wishing I'd taken care to wear actual armor, but it's not all bad, horrible, or even inconvenient. The Force flows through me as a matter of course, keeping away this cold with ease - a relatively basic discipline the extent of which had allowed Kenobi and Skywalker to not get cooked by convection or have their lungs scalded on a variety of alien worlds, Mustafar among them.

And to add further fortune, I'm not a post-Ruusan Jedi. That would have just been embarrassing. Granted, I would have preferred a straight blade, but sometimes you work with what you've got.

Let's see, huge ice wall, scruffy looking guys in black ... I can take a fair stab as to where I am.

"I've heard tales of the Wall and the Watch in my travels and thought to make the trip if I was ever in the area. Though granted, I probably should have packed better. I don't suppose you fellows know where a traveler could rest his head without too much risk of having it taken off or waking up short his belongings?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Brian Boru Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:You awaken to cold. The kind of cold that cuts through clothes and flesh right down to the bone. Your mind is fuzzy and full of knowledge that is alien but almost second nature. Strange knowledge. Exotic knowledge. Knowledge right out of Star Wars. Knowledge of the force and the ways of the Jedi.

Looking down at yourself you find yourself to be dressed in simple but deceptively well made robes of brown and tan. At your side is a simple sword made in the Katana style that on the edge of your mind seems to simply hum with power. Without thought you recognize it as a force katana, the kind of force imbued weapon that the Jedi used before the creation of the lightsaber. Besides the blade you carry a simple satchel pack and bundle roll.

As you get your bearings you look up and find yourself looking at what could only be a fast cliff face of solid ice that extended to the horizon in both directions.

"So what's this now then?"

You are Jedi.

Shaking the last bit of fuzz from my head I turn to the others and great the pair. "Good day. My name is Briyan, I'd heard of the Wall many times before and I felt I had to see it at least once in my life. Though it seems the cold has gotten to me more quickly then I had expected. The two of you are brothers of the Night's Watch yes?"

Hopefully they buy that. If they don't then I'll use a mind trick to dampen their suspicions. I don't like doing it but honestly there is NO reasonable explanation for me being here.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:00 am

Rieverre wrote:"Merely a traveler," I reply levelly, adjusting to the situation. I leave my hands folded within my traveling robe's sleeves, wishing I'd taken care to wear actual armor, but it's not all bad, horrible, or even inconvenient. The Force flows through me as a matter of course, keeping away this cold with ease - a relatively basic discipline the extent of which had allowed Kenobi and Skywalker to not get cooked by convection or have their lungs scalded on a variety of alien worlds, Mustafar among them.

Yes. After a couple moments of focus the cold is merely an inconvenience at the very edge of your conciseness. More of something you're aware of than affected by.

And to add further fortune, I'm not a post-Ruusan Jedi. That would have just been embarrassing. Granted, I would have preferred a straight blade, but sometimes you work with what you've got.

More you're a generic jedi with a weapon that won't stand out too much while still being kinda cool... :p

Let's see, huge ice wall, scruffy looking guys in black ... I can take a fair stab as to where I am.

"I've heard tales of the Wall and the Watch in my travels and thought to make the trip if I was ever in the area. Though granted, I probably should have packed better. I don't suppose you fellows know where a traveler could rest his head without too much risk of having it taken off or waking up short his belongings?"

"You ain't too far from Mole Town 'n Castle Black..."

"Oi! Wot if he's a wildling tryin' to cause trouble?"

"Don't look like no wildling to me..."

Brian Boru wrote:Shaking the last bit of fuzz from my head I turn to the others and great the pair.  "Good day.  My name is Briyan, I'd heard of the Wall many times before and I felt I had to see it at least once in my life.  Though it seems the cold has gotten to me more quickly then I had expected.  The two of you are brothers of the Night's Watch yes?"

Hopefully they buy that.  If they don't then I'll use a mind trick to dampen their suspicions. I don't like doing it but honestly there is NO reasonable explanation for me being here.

"Aye we are. So what the bugger are you doing here? Most folks who want to see the bloody wall don't show up in the middle of the bloody nowhere..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:37 am

"Aye we are. So what the bugger are you doing here? Most folks who want to see the bloody wall don't show up in the middle of the bloody nowhere..."

"Well that is certainly a relief. I'd rather not have to fight for my life with a pack of wildings if I can avoid it....as for why I'm out here...." I shrug, "I got lost, I'm not even entirely sure where 'here' is, other than along the wall." A slight gesture with the hand to ease things along.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:54 am

Brian Boru wrote:

"Well that is certainly a relief.  I'd rather not have to fight for my life with a pack of wildings if I can avoid it....as for why I'm out here...."  I shrug, "I got lost, I'm not even entirely sure where 'here' is, other than along the wall."  A slight gesture with the hand to ease things along.

"How the blood hell do you get lost up here? You're 15 bloody miles from Castle black. It's not like there's much of anything up these ways."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:Yes. After a couple moments of focus the cold is merely an inconvenience at the very edge of your conciseness. More of something you're aware of than affected by.

Given I've always been stuck with the Living Force whenever I ended up rolling such things up, this is hardly a surprise. It's also quite beneficial in terms of adapting to new or changing circumstance.

More you're a generic jedi with a weapon that won't stand out too much while still being kinda cool... :p

I'll have to see about picking up some local flavor that doesn't stand out quite as much, for when I don't necessarily want to cut through full plate like a hot knife through butter.

"You ain't too far from Mole Town 'n Castle Black..."

"Oi! Wot if he's a wildling tryin' to cause trouble?"

"Don't look like no wildling to me..."

"I assure you I enjoy being able to read things other than animal entrails far too much to be any kind of wildling."

I get directions to Mole Town. Much as visiting Castle Black would be interesting, I don't think showing up as a random stranger would be conductive to gathering information.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:33 am

Rieverre wrote:Given I've always been stuck with the Living Force whenever I ended up rolling such things up, this is hardly a surprise. It's also quite beneficial in terms of adapting to new or changing circumstance.

Very true. And a good fringe benefit. After all, the Force is your ally and a powerful ally it is.

I'll have to see about picking up some local flavor that doesn't stand out quite as much, for when I don't necessarily want to cut through full plate like a hot knife through butter.

More ultra-badass magic sword is more understandable to them than a scifi laser sword

"I assure you I enjoy being able to read things other than animal entrails far too much to be any kind of wildling."

"More 'n most folks can say..."

One of 'em mutters.

"Oi now! Don't get cocky cuz you can read. Wot landed us here in the first place!"

"Bugger off ya tit!"

I get directions to Mole Town. Much as visiting Castle Black would be interesting, I don't think showing up as a random stranger would be conductive to gathering information.

Well, Moletown is, in laymans terms, a hive of scum and villainy. It's mostly a pit for the Nights Watch to forget their suffering for a night in a mug of cheap beer and the arms of a even cheaper trollop and for the merchants who serve the watch to rest before getting the hell out of this bleak, vile place...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:Very true. And a good fringe benefit. After all, the Force is your ally and a powerful ally it is.

Granted, though I make a horrible Jedi, philosophically. I'm just glad I didn't get dumped into a temple anywhere.

More ultra-badass magic sword is more understandable to them than a scifi laser sword

Take away my right to brag about 'the power of the sun in the palm of my hand!' why don't you. ^^

Well, Moletown is, in laymans terms, a hive of scum and villainy. It's mostly a pit for the Nights Watch to forget their suffering for a night in a mug of cheap beer and the arms of a even cheaper trollop and for the merchants who serve the watch to rest before getting the hell out of this bleak, vile place...

In other words, perfect place to get some starting funds, even if I have to start with either pickpocketing people or walking into a mugging/assault/what you will.

My plan is to get some starting money, find a tavarn or whorehouse with a card game or similar game of chance going, then ... well, read and play my opponents until I have traveling money. Not sure where I'll go after, but hey, I heard Winterfell could be nice this time of year.

Though if I do this, I restrain myself from winning too big or pissing people off by too much. Should be easy to tell with the Force on my side and the bullshit empathy I can now pull off. Might stop me from winning big in one night, but more conductive to amassing more over the period of a few days.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:21 am

Rieverre wrote:Granted, though I make a horrible Jedi, philosophically. I'm just glad I didn't get dumped into a temple anywhere.

You have a sudden feeling that's not going to be too much an issue...

Take away my right to brag about 'the power of the sun in the palm of my hand!' why don't you. ^^

Sure, if you don't mind a bunch of fire worshiping lunatics following you around like lost fucking puppies...

In other words, perfect place to get some starting funds, even if I have to start with either pickpocketing people or walking into a mugging/assault/what you will.

A little voice in your head says "The Force is not to be used for personal gain. Such is the Path of the Dark Side..."

My plan is to get some starting money, find a tavarn or whorehouse with a card game or similar game of chance going, then ... well, read and play my opponents until I have traveling money. Not sure where I'll go after, but hey, I heard Winterfell could be nice this time of year.

Though if I do this, I restrain myself from winning too big or pissing people off by too much. Should be easy to tell with the Force on my side and the bullshit empathy I can now pull off. Might stop me from winning big in one night, but more conductive to amassing more over the period of a few days.

Ironically, not much in the way of gambling. The nights watch mostly just show up to get whores and booze when they can afford it. It's the most pathetic excuse for a den of scum that you've ever seen.

Closest you find is a couple merchants having a friendly game of cards while bemoaning the quality of their guards and how they consider the Gift wasted on the Nights Watch.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:24 am

Psyckosama wrote:You have a sudden feeling that's not going to be too much an issue...

That's a relief.

Sure, if you don't mind a bunch of fire worshiping lunatics following you around like lost fucking puppies...

Eh. A cult is a cult. You can usually get something useful out of one, be it disposable minions or freaky cultist groupies.

A little voice in your head says "The Force is not to be used for personal gain. Such is the Path of the Dark Side..."

Bah. Shut up, Head!Obi-wan. I haven't even started sledding down that slippery slope yet.

Ironically, not much in the way of gambling. The nights watch mostly just show up to get whores and booze when they can afford it. It's the most pathetic excuse for a den of scum that you've ever seen.

Closest you find is a couple merchants having a friendly game of cards while bemoaning the quality of their guards and how they consider the Gift wasted on the Nights Watch.

Any of those merchants heading south anytime soon? I mean, if they're looking for a better quality of guard, I could always offer my services. ^^
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:31 am

Rieverre wrote:That's a relief.

heh

Eh. A cult is a cult. You can usually get something useful out of one, be it disposable minions or freaky cultist groupies.

Never underestimate the power of the crazy. Especially when it's connected to some form of eldrich entity...

Bah. Shut up, Head!Obi-wan. I haven't even started sledding down that slippery slope yet.

You get the feeling that its not.

Any of those merchants heading south anytime soon? I mean, if they're looking for a better quality of guard, I could always offer my services. ^^

Why yes they are... but they're not overly impressed by a fellow in a robe with a strange sword who'd probably freeze to death once he walked outside.

That said, you do get one offer to come down south. Isn't going to pay you for guard duty, but as long as you fight don't run like a weak kneed woman should bandits show up, he'll see that you're fed and housed.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:43 am

Psyckosama wrote:Never underestimate the power of the crazy. Especially when it's connected to some form of eldrich entity...

Yeah, it's just usually that entity ends up being me.

Why yes they are... but they're not overly impressed by a fellow in a robe with a strange sword who'd probably freeze to death once he walked outside.

That said, you do get one offer to come down south. Isn't going to pay you for guard duty, but as long as you fight don't run like a weak kneed woman should bandits show up, he'll see that you're fed and housed.

Fair enough. It's the best I can expect at the moment short of putting in more effort than it's worth, so I'll take it. How far is he going and what's the route?

That said, that's another vote for getting some armor and more appropriate clothing at some point in the near future. At least if I don't feel like having to prove my dubious credentials ever so often.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:58 am

Rieverre wrote:Yeah, it's just usually that entity ends up being me.

In this its the one they worship...

Fair enough. It's the best I can expect at the moment short of putting in more effort than it's worth, so I'll take it. How far is he going and what's the route?

Down the king's road, though they'll probably stop by winterfel to offer thier wares.

They're trading pelts.

That said, that's another vote for getting some armor and more appropriate clothing at some point in the near future. At least if I don't feel like having to prove my dubious credentials ever so often.

Most armor would only weigh you down. Seriously, you're pretty much untouchable. Second, the robes are a signature. You're a jedi. Establish your damned credentials.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:10 am

Psyckosama wrote:In this its the one they worship...

... inconvenient. I'd have to kill it first, then.

Down the king's road, though they'll probably stop by winterfel to offer thier wares.

They're trading pelts.

Good. Winterfell is going to be a good place to get abreast of current events. Well, okay, slightly dated events, adjusting for travel time of messages and such.

... not having near-instant communication is weird.

Most armor would only weigh you down. Seriously, you're pretty much untouchable. Second, the robes are a signature. You're a jedi. Establish your damned credentials.

I don't necessarily mean anything like full plate. Possibly a cuirass, maybe some vambraces and greaves. Being 'pretty much untouchable' is nice until pretty much proves to not mean absolutely as it tends to.

And I can always still use parts of the robe as needed ...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100220063412/starwars/images/7/73/JediKnight-TOR.jpg

Though, granted, it probably won't be this heavy. Armorplast and movement assist aren't really available to me at the moment, after all.

Regardless, I'll make do with the robe for now. And make sure to wash up before the trip, as I expect there'll be little to no hot water during, and what gets warmed up gets used to cook with.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Pushing the cold away with the force i turn to talk to the black clothed strangers " Peace. I am an aimless wander who follows wherever his feet take him. "

Taking stock of what i have, it isn't bad and the Katana suits what I'll doing the most, slashing and that's what its good at. The robe, doesn't offer much protection but in the end a jedi's main defense is to not get hit with many methods that aid in that endeavor.

" Though aimless i may be, i must ask if past this cliff face of ice; does it get warmer? Am rather tried of the endless snow. "

I know I've seen that somewhere before, but i can't place where. In no way is that a good thing, as getting my bearings is important.
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Rieverre wrote:... inconvenient. I'd have to kill it first, then.

Shocked

Good. Winterfell is going to be a good place to get abreast of current events. Well, okay, slightly dated events, adjusting for travel time of messages and such.

... not having near-instant communication is weird.

Quite. Well, the guards are board and there's a brother of the nights watch traveling with. Seemingly in hope of finding convicts to bring with.

The guards are a rabble and he merchant...you think he does this route because he's not quite reputable enough to get any really good ones. Seriously, it's like he sells used cars. Used soviet block cars.

"Yes, Yugo is fine vehicle! Luxorious and reliable!"

I don't necessarily mean anything like full plate. Possibly a cuirass, maybe some vambraces and greaves. Being 'pretty much untouchable' is nice until pretty much proves to not mean absolutely as it tends to.

And I can always still use parts of the robe as needed ...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100220063412/starwars/images/7/73/JediKnight-TOR.jpg

Though, granted, it probably won't be this heavy. Armorplast and movement assist aren't really available to me at the moment, after all.

Armor really would only be useful on the field of battle, and even then you're still pretty much... well... a goddamned jedi.

Regardless, I'll make do with the robe for now. And make sure to wash up before the trip, as I expect there'll be little to no hot water during, and what gets warmed up gets used to cook with.

Actually there are opportunities to warm water on the fire. Though all that washin' is strange to them.

WatcherVoid wrote:Pushing the cold away with the force i turn to talk to the black clothed strangers " Peace. I am an aimless wander who follows wherever his feet take him. "

"Well, there are wildlings about here so maybe ye should aim yourself to wander somewhere else."

"Less you wanna take the black but I don't see any sane man doin' that without an axe to 'is neck!"

Taking stock of what i have, it isn't bad and the Katana suits what I'll doing the most, slashing and that's what its good at. The robe, doesn't offer much protection but in the end a jedi's main defense is to not get hit with many methods that aid in that endeavor.

The robe seems to be more comfort than anything.

" Though aimless i may be, i must ask if past this cliff face of ice; does it get warmer? Am rather tried of the endless snow. "

"No, if you cross the wall, you're an idiot. Just more snow and wildings on the otherside."

I know I've seen that somewhere before, but i can't place where. In no way is that a good thing, as getting my bearings is important.

And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

OOC Welcome to the game and make sure you're subscribed!

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:24 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Quite. Well, the guards are board and there's a brother of the nights watch traveling with. Seemingly in hope of finding convicts to bring with.

The guards are a rabble and he merchant...you think he does this route because he's not quite reputable enough to get any really good ones. Seriously, it's like he sells used cars. Used soviet block cars.

"Yes, Yugo is fine vehicle! Luxorious and reliable!"

More like Lada and Wolga.

I probably end up borrowing a blade, or just scavenging a stick somewhere, and spend my mornings sparring with the watchman. I try to make it educational.

Given the quality of everything else on this trip, I probably take over cooking duties as well, if only so that I can eat palpable stuff on the way.

Armor really would only be useful on the field of battle, and even then you're still pretty much... well... a goddamned jedi.

The _appearance_ of combat readiness, in this setting, wards off potential conflict more reliably than a kind word and keen acumen. The fact that the Force is with me doesn't excuse me from taking proper care.

Actually there are opportunities to warm water on the fire. Though all that washin' is strange to them.

"It's a good habit to get into since the ladies like it, hence your opinion is invalid."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Rieverre wrote:More like Lada and Wolga.

Well, some of us don't live in the former communist block...

I probably end up borrowing a blade, or just scavenging a stick somewhere, and spend my mornings sparring with the watchman. I try to make it educational.

For them. Seriously, your asked several times if you're a wavedancer from Bravos or something.

Given the quality of everything else on this trip, I probably take over cooking duties as well, if only so that I can eat palpable stuff on the way.

Actually, the cook isn't half bad. The merchant's wife. Looks like a witch but cooks well.

The _appearance_ of combat readiness, in this setting, wards off potential conflict more reliably than a kind word and keen acumen. The fact that the Force is with me doesn't excuse me from taking proper care.

On the otherhand it'll put some others ill at ease.

"It's a good habit to get into since the ladies like it, hence your opinion is invalid."

They get to thinking...

Roll a d100

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Well, some of us don't live in the former communist block...

^^

For them. Seriously, your asked several times if you're a wavedancer from Bravos or something.

I do have an ulterior motive. The merchant is going to realize he owes me. ^^

The trip lasts long enough that I probably end up running the guards and the Night Watch brother through drills before too long. Gives me something to do.

Actually, the cook isn't half bad. The merchant's wife. Looks like a witch but cooks well.

That's something at least. A man can weather a lot if only he has enough rosemary on hand.

On the otherhand it'll put some others ill at ease.

Better that than be confused for a victim or easy mark. It's protective coloring, really. Much like the Jedi robes themselves were in the Republic. Makes people think twice before bothering me, thus making life far less stressful.

They get to thinking...

Roll a d100

rolling
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:45 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 44

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Rieverre wrote:I do have an ulterior motive. The merchant is going to realize he owes me. ^^

Heh. Well, keep in mind he might or might just think he got one over.

The trip lasts long enough that I probably end up running the guards and the Night Watch brother through drills before too long. Gives me something to do.

They actually seem interested, though honestly the Jedi sword forms are more suited to a slashing blade like your katana. And notes you never draw YOUR sword.

That's something at least. A man can weather a lot if only he has enough rosemary on hand.

Yep.

Better that than be confused for a victim or easy mark. It's protective coloring, really. Much like the Jedi robes themselves were in the Republic. Makes people think twice before bothering me, thus making life far less stressful.

The fact you walk around in outlandish clothing with a strange sword will dissuade much. You're either a fool or dangerous. The Black Brother and most of the guards quickly picked up on it.

Before you even leave the gift you wake up one night to screaming. Seems a band of wildlings are attacking. Seems to be maybe a dozen but its dark and numbers are hard to tell with the fire causing night blindness.

Question: YOu use your Katana (as its the only sword you're carrying) and how much force do you use. Or you could detail your tactics which would be nice...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Heh. Well, keep in mind he might or might just think he got one over.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other ...

They actually seem interested, though honestly the Jedi sword forms are more suited to a slashing blade like your katana. And notes you never draw YOUR sword.

Not really. Chopping rather than slashing, since the lightsaber and reinforcement using the Force make draw-cutting a bit of a wasted motion.

As for what I never draw my blade? "It's not the kind of sword you use in practice, at least not against one not of its kind. I doubt you'd be very appreciative of me ruining your gear."

The fact you walk around in outlandish clothing with a strange sword will dissuade much. You're either a fool or dangerous. The Black Brother and most of the guards quickly picked up on it.

True. But it's also a matter of personal preference. I consider armor to be perfectly acceptable formal wear. ^^

Before you even leave the gift you wake up one night to screaming. Seems a band of wildlings are attacking. Seems to be maybe a dozen but its dark and numbers are hard to tell with the fire causing night blindness.

Question: YOu use your Katana (as its the only sword you're carrying) and how much force do you use. Or you could detail your tactics which would be nice...

I don't even think about it - the Force augments my body as a matter of course, and I step up to the nearest wildling and slug him in the solar plexus hard enough to lift him off his feet. Then I snatch whatever primitive weapon he's using from his hand and lop his head off with it.

I move through the attackers in that manner, using the Force to augment my speed and strength, and possibly guide whatever I snatch up and throw at targets too far away to engage within a reasonable time-frame. If at all possible, I try to engage and dispatch them one by one, prioritizing those who are a threat to the other members of the caravan.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Rieverre wrote:Six of one, half a dozen of the other ...

Heh.

Not really. Chopping rather than slashing, since the lightsaber and reinforcement using the Force make draw-cutting a bit of a wasted motion.

Still, does well with a mildly curved sword and a force katana is not quite a lightsaver.

As for what I never draw my blade? "It's not the kind of sword you use in practice, at least not against one not of its kind. I doubt you'd be very appreciative of me ruining your gear."

"Wot is it, Valyrian steel or something?" That gets laughter.

True. But it's also a matter of personal preference. I consider armor to be perfectly acceptable formal wear. ^^

You're a very shitty Jedi...

I don't even think about it - the Force augments my body as a matter of course, and I step up to the nearest wildling and slug him in the solar plexus hard enough to lift him off his feet. Then I snatch whatever primitive weapon he's using from his hand and lop his head off with it.

He lasts a couple seconds.

I move through the attackers in that manner, using the Force to augment my speed and strength, and possibly guide whatever I snatch up and throw at targets too far away to engage within a reasonable time-frame. If at all possible, I try to engage and dispatch them one by one, prioritizing those who are a threat to the other members of the caravan.

You rip through them rather quickly, but as you fight you see one about to dispatch the merchant's poor wife. She's a reasonably nice lady who cooks well.

You could save her rather easily but it would involve using Telekinetic abilities... where everyone could see.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:22 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Well, there are wildlings about here so maybe ye should aim yourself to wander somewhere else."

"Less you wanna take the black but I don't see any sane man doin' that without an axe to 'is neck!"

"No, if you cross the wall, you're an idiot. Just more snow and wildings on the otherside."

Well i know am headed south as soon as i can, even though my power allows the most broken ability of avoiding frozen balls in this weather. Probably should try to pick up some money before heading down south.

" Should have picked up a map in the last town i was in. Ah, well. If it wouldn't be too much which direction would the nearest village or town be?

It's been a while since i last came across a settlement. "

The robe seems to be more comfort than anything.

Also helps making me look all mysterious when needed.
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:23 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Wot is it, Valyrian steel or something?" That gets laughter.

"Or something," I smile and nod.

You're a very shitty Jedi...

Considering most of my Force User role models come from the Sith Empire War period? Well, other than Kyle Katarn, but he's liberal as hell where using a variety of weapons is concerned.

You rip through them rather quickly, but as you fight you see one about to dispatch the merchant's poor wife. She's a reasonably nice lady who cooks well.

You could save her rather easily but it would involve using Telekinetic abilities... where everyone could see.

... well, it's not like I was too invested in keeping this a secret. I don't even deliberate what technique to use before my hand is outstretched and the Force has wrapped itself around the wilder's throat ... only to yank him back fiercely enough to quite possibly break his neck.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

WatcherVoid wrote:Well i know am headed south as soon as i can, even though my power allows the most broken ability of avoiding frozen balls in this weather.

Yeah, the two brothers you're looking at are freezing thier balls off in heavy furs and here you are in a robe that looks like you should be frozen to death standing as comfortable as can be.

Probably should try to pick up some money before heading down south.

Well, you could always requisition some supplies from the local bandit populations... :p

" Should have picked up a map in the last town i was in. Ah, well. If it wouldn't be too much which direction would the nearest village or town be?

It's been a while since i last came across a settlement. "[/quote]

"Only town worth a damn in the entire Gift, new and old, is Mole Town. Bloody hell, how long have you been wanderin' in the bloody woods?""

Also helps making me look all mysterious when needed.

Always a plus!

Rieverre wrote:"Or something," I smile and nod.

You get a fully look.

"Well draw it then and let us take a look!"

More laughter.

Considering most of my Force User role models come from the Sith Empire War period? Well, other than Kyle Katarn, but he's liberal as hell where using a variety of weapons is concerned.

... well, it's not like I was too invested in keeping this a secret. I don't even deliberate what technique to use before my hand is outstretched and the Force has wrapped itself around the wilder's throat ... only to yank him back fiercely enough to quite possibly break his neck.

He goes flying across the clearing like a missile. You even manage to redirect him into another wildly who pretty much is send flying by the 200ish lb human missile. Who you note is NOT getting back up.

The entire group, both thiers and yours saw this, and in the face of an obvious display of magical power... the wildlings run screaming for the hills.

"The bloody hell was that?!"

The Brother of the Watch was the first to speak.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Psyckosama wrote:You get a fully look.

"Well draw it then and let us take a look!"

More laughter.

I take it in good humor. "That or it's a broken stub and I'm ashamed of letting it happen to my weapon, so I don't feel like showing it off. One of the two."

He goes flying across the clearing like a missile. You even manage to redirect him into another wildly who pretty much is send flying by the 200ish lb human missile. Who you note is NOT getting back up.

The entire group, both thiers and yours saw this, and in the face of an obvious display of magical power... the wildlings run screaming for the hills.

"The bloody hell was that?!"

The Brother of the Watch was the first to speak.

"That was me making the fact that you're not allowed to mess with the cook a point," I deadpan back, dropping the wildling sword I'd been using as mostly an afterthought. "Consider it ... something like the Red Priests' tricks with fire, only without my having to pray to a jackhole of a deity to learn them."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:47 pm

Rieverre wrote:I take it in good humor. "That or it's a broken stub and I'm ashamed of letting it happen to my weapon, so I don't feel like showing it off. One of the two."

"Like your cock I guess!"

Laughter.

"That was me making the fact that you're not allowed to mess with the cook a point," I deadpan back, dropping the wildling sword I'd been using as mostly an afterthought. "Consider it ... something like the Red Priests' tricks with fire, only without my having to pray to a jackhole of a deity to learn them."

"So what the bloody hell are you? Some kind of wizard?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Like your cock I guess!"

Laughter.

"I'm sorry, you're nowhere near pretty enough to see my cock," I deadpan back.

"So what the bloody hell are you? Some kind of wizard?"

Shrug. "Ancient order of mystical warriors." Hey, it's essentially the truth. "The important bit being that I don't need to sacrifice babies to my god or anything of the like. Unless by baby you mean bottles of wine and by god you mean my liver."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next