Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 5 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:20 am

GundamChief wrote:54

Looks like you're camping.

...okay. Either I am hearing a voice of whoever sent me here, or I have some force crap happening. I'm betting the latter.

It sounded like Ewan McGregor...

Only if I let it control me entirely. At that point of time, it was pretty justified.

Something you don't want to taunt.

You're and the next morning you wake to find yourself in a white out..

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 5 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by GundamChief Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:26 am

[quote="Psyckosama"]
GundamChief wrote:Looks like you're camping.

Good thing I planned for that, and hoped for better.

It sounded like Ewan McGregor...

Huh...I would have preferred Liam Neeson

Something you don't want to taunt.

Who's taunting? I've played both Kotor games, and the second one gave me a very, very in depth look at what the darkside is all about. I have a healthy respect for the darkside.

I just don't intend to let it control me with its sweet lies.

You're and the next morning you wake to find yourself in a white out..

...Fun. I wrap up tights, cover my head, and stretch out with the force to find...something that lives that is in large numbers or something.

37 if it is required.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:35 am

GundamChief wrote:Good thing I planned for that, and hoped for better.

Yeah, well, you are in the ass end of nowhere where the only village is Mole Town.

Huh...I would have preferred Liam Neeson

Head Obi-Wan, not Head Qui-Gon.

Who's taunting? I've played both Kotor games, and the second one gave me a very, very in depth look at what the darkside is all about. I have a healthy respect for the darkside.

I just don't intend to let it control me with its sweet lies.

You can feel the utter disbelief of all the Jedi wats it in your head. Toying with the Dark Side? Bad idea.

...Fun. I wrap up tights, cover my head, and stretch out with the force to find...something that lives that is in large numbers or something.

37 if it is required.

There's a town... right back exactly the way you came!

You know a Jedi can use the force to protect himself from the elements...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:58 am

Psyckosama wrote:You can feel the utter disbelief of all the Jedi wats it in your head. Toying with the Dark Side? Bad idea.

I feel the voice is not reading between the lines regarding my thoughts...which considering Anakin isn't too surprising...and why the heck am I arguing with it? this isn't the time to discuss philosophy in a dangerous region full of large and hungry animals and bandits who eat people.

You know a Jedi can use the force to protect himself from the elements...

I grumble and begin heading back towards the town, collecting the force to keep me warm and protected as I walk through the land of white.

On the way...I just focus on the lay of the land and the force. It's obvious I'm letting negativity get the better of me. Doesn't help that I'm arguing with what was a fictional character, and in a situation I never asked for or wanted, in a place...I stopped and stare hard at the snow.

...yeah. I would have made an excellent sith. I have far too much anger in me. Wrath is one of the basic flaws of humanity, and it was my strongest flaw. As cliched as it sounds...this leads to the Dark Side. I take a few moments to just breath, using my own meditation techniques from martial arts, and what I know from my new found Jedi knowledge, and seek inner peace.

The situation is bad yes...but it can be far worse. With this world as it is...I know how bad it will get. Demons, undead legions, war of armies, death of people who do not deserve it...I feel myself humble before the fact that my problems are nothing compared to what exists in this world already.

My anger is gone. For how long?...I don't know. I feel no anger...just a hollow sadness. Perhaps that is as bad as anger...but at least it is something that I control better then my wrath.

I continue onward to the village or town, calmer than before.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:12 am

GundamChief wrote:I feel the voice is not reading between the lines regarding my thoughts...which considering Anakin isn't too surprising...and why the heck am I arguing with it? this isn't the time to discuss philosophy in a dangerous region full of large and hungry animals and bandits who eat people.

You have the knowledge and abilities of a Jedi Master. Any beast or brigand capable of killing and consuming you deserves not only the meal, but a medal.

I grumble and begin heading back towards the town, collecting the force to keep me warm and protected as I walk through the land of white.

You find your way to mole town.

Let me put it this way... Hive of Scum and Villainy is an understatement. It basically exists entirely to give the Black Brothers something to do. And considering the moral fiber of your average black brother...

On the way...I just focus on the lay of the land and the force. It's obvious I'm letting negativity get the better of me. Doesn't help that I'm arguing with what [i]was a fictional character, and in a situation I never asked for or wanted, in a place...I stopped and stare hard at the snow.

...yeah. I would have made an excellent sith. I have far too much anger in me. Wrath is one of the basic flaws of humanity, and it was my strongest flaw. As cliched as it sounds...this leads to the Dark Side. I take a few moments to just breath, using my own meditation techniques from martial arts, and what I know from my new found Jedi knowledge, and seek inner peace.[/quote]

It actually helps. A lot. You feel the anger slip away.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

The situation is bad yes...but it can be far worse. With this world as it is...I know how bad it will get. Demons, undead legions, war of armies, death of people who do not deserve it...I feel myself humble before the fact that my problems are nothing compared to what exists in this world already.

You are Jedi. It is nothing beyond your ability to solve.

My anger is gone. For how long?...I don't know. I feel no anger...just a hollow sadness. Perhaps that is as bad as anger...but at least it is something that I control better then my wrath.

I continue onward to the village or town, calmer than before.

You make your way inside... noone seems to be paying much attention to you. So what do you do?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 am

Psyckosama wrote:You have the knowledge and abilities of a Jedi Master. Any beast or brigand capable of killing and consuming you deserves not only the meal, but a medal.

It's almost as if the voice was TRYING to make me go dark in my time of stress...

You find your way to mole town.

Let me put it this way... Hive of Scum and Villainy is an understatement. It basically exists entirely to give the Black Brothers something to do. And considering the moral fiber of your average black brother...

Great...

It actually helps. A lot. You feel the anger slip away.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
   There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
   There is no passion, there is serenity.
   There is no chaos, there is harmony.
   There is no death, there is the Force.

I would contest the code as being one of many reasons the Jedi fell, but then what would be the point? the Jedi of the old republic had the Jedi Civil War after the Madalorian Wars, and many of the council fell in thier own ways despite that. Same for the Jedi Crucible...idiots created their own self fulfilling prophecy.

Were the Jedi of the Clone Wars era any worse? or better? I know many would like to think so...but then the actions of these eras are looked upon in the eyes of the future, they made the same mistakes in different ways. So really..it's just a cycle. It repeats again with in the future as well with the rise of the Sith...again.

I shook my head. This was neither helping nor the time.

You are Jedi. It is nothing beyond your ability to solve.

First positive thing he said since my being here. Keep that up. I might start to believe it instead of just knowing it.

You make your way inside... noone seems to be paying much attention to you. So what do you do?

I make my way to the first bar I see. This place likely has one. If the place is home of the black brothers, than I can also expect trouble. But I am a Jedi...I don't know what my limits are, but if I am a master in power, then it is substantial. Let's see where I am in regards to Winterfell castle first though.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:16 am

GundamChief wrote:It's almost as if the voice was TRYING to make me go dark in my time of stress...

More its wondering "What's the big deal?"

You're a Jedi. A little blinding snow and freezing cold never hurt anyone... who had the force as an ally.

I would contest the code as being one of many reasons the Jedi fell, but then what would be the point? the Jedi of the old republic had the Jedi Civil War after the Madalorian Wars, and many of the council fell in thier own ways despite that. Same for the Jedi Crucible...idiots created their own self fulfilling prophecy.

Calm yourself... you need time to center yourself. Find a proper place and meditate.

Were the Jedi of the Clone Wars era any worse? or better? I know many would like to think so...but then the actions of these eras are looked upon in the eyes of the future, they made the same mistakes in different ways. So really..it's just a cycle. It repeats again with in the future as well with the rise of the Sith...again.

The Sith were destroyed 1000 years before the Clone Wars. Darth Bane's little club were Sith in name only. Much the way that the Jedi sadly declined in that era.

I shook my head. This was neither helping nor the time.

If need be, meditate in the hear and now. Cloak yourself in the force and the cold and wet will be no hindrance.

First positive thing he said since my being here. Keep that up. I might start to believe it instead of just knowing it.

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

I make my way to the first bar I see. This place likely has one. If the place is home of the black brothers, than I can also expect trouble. But I am a Jedi...I don't know what my limits are, but if I am a master in power, then it is substantial. Let's see where I am in regards to Winterfell castle first though.

There's a brothel... with some really sorry whores. As for where you are... right up the king's road by several hundred miles. You have no money but you could probably solve that with some dice games and a little telekinesis.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:25 am

Psyckosama wrote:*Force Voice talk*

There is no hate in me...I was going through the stages of depression. I was never one to be kept down for too long, though there was this one time about 9 months ago. I got past that after a month of hard thought and meditation though.

Have no idea how long it will take for this one.

Regardless...it was a good idea to take some time to meditate and focus on the force. First I need to find out where I am though...then I will begin the steps to finding myself again.

There's a brothel... with some really sorry whores. As for where you are... right up the king's road by several hundred miles. You have no money but you could probably solve that with some dice games and a little telekinesis. [/quote]

I doubt it would be approved for a jedi to gamble, even under my circumstances. Then again I see no council around to reprimand me aside from the voice.

Even Qui Gon Jin cheated...though that was for a life.

I decided the hell with it and go gamble. I start the game by gambling my sword, and then switch between win and loss for about 10 games before taking a good amount and leaving. I know trouble will follow regardless, but I'm prepared for it.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:27 am

GundamChief wrote:There is no hate in me...I was going through the stages of depression. I was never one to be kept down for too long, though there was this one time about 9 months ago. I got past that after a month of hard thought and meditation though.

It's a process. Be weary.

Have no idea how long it will take for this one.

Not as long as you think...

Regardless...it was a good idea to take some time to meditate and focus on the force. First I need to find out where I am though...then I will begin the steps to finding myself again.

trust in the force.

I doubt it would be approved for a jedi to gamble, even under my circumstances. Then again I see no council around to reprimand me aside from the voice.

Sometimes, but its not to be made a habit.

Even Qui Gon Jin cheated...though that was for a life.

I decided the hell with it and go gamble. I start the game by gambling my sword, and then switch between win and loss for about 10 games before taking a good amount and leaving. I know trouble will follow regardless, but I'm prepared for it.

You exit with a reasonable amount of coin. So you have some cash, and you have a destination. What is your plan?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:32 am

Psyckosama wrote:You exit with a reasonable amount of coin. So you have some cash, and you have a destination. What is your plan?

With seven stags in pocket, I go and buy some bread and a few water skins, then leave town to Winterfell.

Along the way I find a secluded point away from the road and sit down to begin some meditation. I reach out with the force and see about feeling out the life around me. See about yoda's reaching for the life force that binds, to see the universe as it was.

I release my feelings into the force, all that I was feeling since I came, and let the force from beyond flow into me. I feel...like this is pointless...but I know better. When I feel the force...this will help me remove several steps along the hidden path. I just need to remove the barrier that stopped me...and often the best way was to just trust in your instinct and do it.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:She crosses her arms and huffs. "I bet 'Jedi' don't have to wear stupid dresses and take stupid lessons from stupid septas."

"Arya!"

"I've seen records of many iterations of the order, ranging from lords with their own armies to monks nearly entirely disconnected from secular affairs who could talk your ear off about peace, serenity and being the better person. I'd like to consider myself more permissive than that, and certainly wouldn't impose any dress code. On the other hand, some of the training could be described as long, tedious, boring meditation on nothing."

He raises an eyebrow. "Truly? And Jon is gifted with the potential to use these abilities?"

Arya grins. "Do I?"

Cat grits her teeth. "Arya Stark, another word and I shall send you to your quarters."

Ned holds up a hand. "Cat, I would like to hear this. Does she? Are any here besides Jon gifted with these abilities."

"Ned, you can't be suggesting."

"I am suggesting nothing, my dear. I just wish to know more. About these powers and about these Jedi. Bare with me."

She frowns and nods.

I shrug.

I nod and address Ned. "I believe it is one of the things that drew me here in the first place. From what I can tell in those present, your bloodline appears to bear the trait. Usually in those untrained it simply manifests as a more acute understanding of the world. Keener judgment, a reputation for unusual luck or accurate 'gut feelings'. Being able to tell, to some extent at least, when you are being lied to or someone harbors ill intent towards you."

"In those trained, these become less knacks and more something they are consciously aware of, among other abilities. That may bring its own hazards, though, and there are reasons - perhaps not the best of reasons, but certainly valid ones, why some incarnations of my order severely frowned on their members marrying or holding titles."

Jedi Master, actually...

To be a Master you need an actual order to belong to. So far, I am merely an Errant out in the world.

Bran grins, egging his sister on. "I guess only men can be Jedi then..."

Arya growls. "Can not!"

"And where would you be from?" Ned cuts in. "You've said some of who and what you are. Where are you from, Ser?"

Sometimes, the best option is truth. It is your decision, but I'd suggest telling them about the republic... only glossing over the... scale.

"I've ranged far enough from home that I am extremely unlikely to meet another of my countrymen, friend or foe. There we simply call it the Republic, a collection of nations, some kingdoms, some not, banded together to foster trade and mutual protection under a governing body of representatives from each of the member states."

I give Ned a wry look.

"I see you understand why negotiators and mediators would be valuable. The idea is concert rather than conquest, and yes, I know how potentially inefficient that becomes when it grows. Still, it's what we've got and what we've had since before I can remember, and while it has its pitfalls and occasionally needs shaken up it's worked out relatively well so far."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:45 am

GundamChief wrote:With seven stags in pocket, I go and buy some bread and a few water skins, then leave town to Winterfell.

And you're off. 3D100 for the trip.

Along the way I find a secluded point away from the road and sit down to begin some meditation. I reach out with the force and see about feeling out the life around me. See about yoda's reaching for the life force that binds, to see the universe as it was.

You find a place under a Weirwood and meditate. Those trees just radiate the living force...

I release my feelings into the force, all that I was feeling since I came, and let the force from beyond flow into me. I feel...like this is pointless...but I know better. When I feel the force...this will help me remove several steps along the hidden path. I just need to remove the barrier that stopped me...and often the best way was to just trust in your instinct and do it.

You feel, at peace and a sense of profound oneness. It's like you've seeing color for the first time in your life. The world is open to you and as long as you let it happen, your negative feelings are washed away in a cascade of peace and serenity.

You now understand the Jedi code much better. It's deceptively easy for a Jedi to let go of their passions and embrace the warmth and peaceful serenity of the force if they so choose. It's still not simple, but the code does have a strong element of truth to it.

Rieverre wrote:"I've seen records of many iterations of the order, ranging from lords with their own armies to monks nearly entirely disconnected from secular affairs who could talk your ear off about peace, serenity and being the better person. I'd like to consider myself more permissive than that, and certainly wouldn't impose any dress code. On the other hand, some of the training could be described as long, tedious, boring meditation on nothing."

She deadpans. "Would I have to learn how to crochet?"

I nod and address Ned. "I believe it is one of the things that drew me here in the first place. From what I can tell in those present, your bloodline appears to bear the trait. Usually in those untrained it simply manifests as a more acute understanding of the world. Keener judgment, a reputation for unusual luck or accurate 'gut feelings'. Being able to tell, to some extent at least, when you are being lied to or someone harbors ill intent towards you."

"In those trained, these become less knacks and more something they are consciously aware of, among other abilities. That may bring its own hazards, though, and there are reasons - perhaps not the best of reasons, but certainly valid ones, why some incarnations of my order severely frowned on their members marrying or holding titles."

He frowns. "I can see the benefit of such things, but of what abilities and what pitfalls do you speak?

To be a Master you need an actual order to belong to. So far, I am merely an Errant out in the world.

Then technically that would make you the Grandmaster.

"I've ranged far enough from home that I am extremely unlikely to meet another of my countrymen, friend or foe. There we simply call it the Republic, a collection of nations, some kingdoms, some not, banded together to foster trade and mutual protection under a governing body of representatives from each of the member states."

"It must be a long ways distant.

I give Ned a wry look.

"I see you understand why negotiators and mediators would be valuable. The idea is concert rather than conquest, and yes, I know how potentially inefficient that becomes when it grows. Still, it's what we've got and what we've had since before I can remember, and while it has its pitfalls and occasionally needs shaken up it's worked out relatively well so far."

"And what brings you to our lands, Jedi?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:48 am

Psyckosama wrote:And you're off. 3D100 for the trip.

6%

83%

16%

You feel, at peace and a sense of profound oneness. It's like you've seeing color for the first time in your life. The world is open to you and as long as you let it happen, your negative feelings are washed away in a cascade of peace and serenity.

You now understand the Jedi code much better. It's deceptively easy for a Jedi to let go of their passions and embrace the warmth and peaceful serenity of the force if they so choose. It's still not simple, but the code does have a strong element of truth to it.

So it does...yeah...any and all negativity is gone now. I'm still sad to be here in this world, but I can safely say that this current episode of depression has circumvented the anger and denial portion.

I come out of the force, rejuvinated...and with a nod I stand up and wrap the force around me like a cloak and walk back to the road and onward to Winterfell.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:01 am

GundamChief wrote:

6%

83%

16%

Please use the built in in the future...

Thank you...

So it does...yeah...any and all negativity is gone now. I'm still sad to be here in this world, but I can safely say that this current episode of depression has circumvented the anger and denial portion.

The Jedi are resilient.

I come out of the force, rejuvinated...and with a nod I stand up and wrap the force around me like a cloak and walk back to the road and onward to Winterfell.

During your trip you keep your mind open to the force and find a strong beacon shining in the force. It leads you to a Heart tree sitting alone in the wood. If the Weirwood in general are strong in the living force, then Heartrees are like beacons of the lightside.

You also come across a group of bandits. They want your money or your life, though from the looks of them you have a feeling "or" isn't something they're really that serious about. There's about a dozen. How do you deal with them?

And finally... you run across a friendly hunter about half the way down. He's rather shocked to see a man in outlandish dress traveling the kingsroad alone with only a small bundle.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:09 am

Psyckosama wrote:During your trip you keep your mind open to the force and find a strong beacon shining in the force. It leads you to a Heart tree sitting alone in the wood. If the Weirwood in general are strong in the living force, then Heartrees are like beacons of the lightside.

I place my palm onto the tree and form a connection with it in the force.

You also come across a group of bandits. They want your money or your life, though from the looks of them you have a feeling "or" isn't something they're really that serious about. There's about a dozen. How do you deal with them?

"....Most unwise."

I slowly draw my sword and release the force in such a way as to make them feel that they are in over their heads. Battle Meditation can be brutal, helping my side while demoralizing the other.

If any are actually brave enough to strike, I simply disarm and poke them in ways to let them know they would be dead had I no mercy.

My intention is to make them run and go away. Not kill. Sufficient skill with the blade should be enough.

And finally... you run across a friendly hunter about half the way down. He's rather shocked to see a man in outlandish dress traveling the kingsroad alone with only a small bundle.

I give him a grin, and use the force to put him at ease and peace "Ahoy. Might I ask how far Winterfell is from here?"
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:37 am

Psyckosama wrote:She deadpans. "Would I have to learn how to crochet?"

Well, she certainly looks like she wants to jump in, head-first.

He frowns. "I can see the benefit of such things, but of what abilities and what pitfalls do you speak?

"As you become more consciously in touch with the Force, it begins to respond to you more, sometimes seemingly on its own when you experience strong emotions."

I'm certainly not going to broach the topic of the Dark Side and stuff like the Mind Trick in an open forum.

"Concurrently, it becomes more difficult to ignore such emotions in others. That makes things such as political marriages a particularly tricky proposition, if not outright hazardous. It's why during some periods, the Jedi Order doctrine involved such things as discouraging any all mundane attachments. Personally, it isn't something I follow - how can you learn to deal with something if you've spent your whole life avoiding it whenever and wherever possible - but they had their reasons."

"And what brings you to our lands, Jedi?"

"I'm an Errant. I travel, I learn more both about the world and the Force, and through them about myself. It's kind of a tradition. Some call it the Will of the Force, and I find it difficult to debunk such theories as I've read many accounts of Jedi simply being where they would be needed or be able to do the most good in a given situation as if by chance."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:40 am

GundamChief wrote:I place my palm onto the tree and form a connection with it in the force.

Or you could simply meditate in its presence. Anyways...

D100

"....Most unwise."

I slowly draw my sword and release the force in such a way as to make them feel that they are in over their heads. Battle Meditation can be brutal, helping my side while demoralizing the other.

If any are actually brave enough to strike, I simply disarm and poke them in ways to let them know they would be dead had I no mercy.

My intention is to make them run and go away. Not kill. Sufficient skill with the blade should be enough.

They step back for a moment at the sight of your glowing blade but the man whose obviously the leader grins. "There's one of 'em and a lot of us, boys. Lets kill 'em and take his bloody sword. I bet sombody'd make us all lords for that pig stucker! Make a pin cushion out of 'em!"

Those with bows loose their arrows

I give him a grin, and use the force to put him at ease and peace "Ahoy. Might I ask how far Winterfell is from here?"

He blinks. "Winterfell is 100 miles to the south. Who are you that you are so deep into the north alone?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:43 am

Rieverre wrote:Well, she certainly looks like she wants to jump in, head-first.

Magic powers and awesome sword fighting skills. Enough said.

"As you become more consciously in touch with the Force, it begins to respond to you more, sometimes seemingly on its own when you experience strong emotions."

I'm certainly not going to broach the topic of the Dark Side and stuff like the Mind Trick in an open forum.

He pauses for a moment and looks thoughtful.

"Concurrently, it becomes more difficult to ignore such emotions in others. That makes things such as political marriages a particularly tricky proposition, if not outright hazardous. It's why during some periods, the Jedi Order doctrine involved such things as discouraging any all mundane attachments. Personally, it isn't something I follow - how can you learn to deal with something if you've spent your whole life avoiding it whenever and wherever possible - but they had their reasons."

I see.

At this point Arya is looking at him with giant shiny eyes. "And for the sake of argument, what would you ask for in exchange for training in this 'Force'?"

"I'm an Errant. I travel, I learn more both about the world and the Force, and through them about myself. It's kind of a tradition. Some call it the Will of the Force, and I find it difficult to debunk such theories as I've read many accounts of Jedi simply being where they would be needed or be able to do the most good in a given situation as if by chance."

"Is the Force you God then? Or is it something else?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:50 am

GundamChief carried out 1 launched of one d100 :

Psyckosama wrote:They step back for a moment at the sight of your glowing blade but the man whose obviously the leader grins. "There's one of 'em and a lot of us, boys. Lets kill 'em and take his bloody sword. I bet sombody'd make us all lords for that pig stucker! Make a pin cushion out of 'em!"

Those with bows loose their arrows

I frown and push outwards with the force in all directions. this is the first time I would use the force in such a way personally...I will show them the power of the Force.

He blinks. "Winterfell is 100 miles to the south. Who are you that you are so deep into the north alone?"

"Just a mere traveler. One who moves upon the paths life places before him. This latest one led me to see the Wall...it was quite the sight."
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:30 am

Psyckosama wrote:Magic powers and awesome sword fighting skills. Enough said.

... seen like that, it's not really a hard sell.

At this point Arya is looking at him with giant shiny eyes. "And for the sake of argument, what would you ask for in exchange for training in this 'Force'?"

"That any students I take agree to heed my instructions rather than dismiss some out of hand, because while they will be taking their first steps into a larger world that larger world has perils of its own," I say with a shrug. Then grin. "What I would require are the resources needed for training. A hall of some sort, where interruptions could be minimized or controlled would be ideal. Beyond that, the Force seems to have brought me here. I'm going to consider that a none-too-subtle hint that if someone wants to learn, I should probably do my best to teach."

There's a good reason I'm not asking for money or power, and I'm sure Ned has puzzled some of it out already. Beyond the whole 'well, ruling would take effort' bit maybe.

"Is the Force you God then? Or is it something else?"

"The Force is. Some would argue that it is aware, some would argue that it has a plan of some sort, some would argue many things but in the end, or until proven, that's all they really are. Arguments. I don't need to believe this or have faith in it. I know it for a fact. Being sensitive to it is why I can do what I can do. The closest thing to a dogmatic statement I'm willing to make is that the Force is, and through it all things are possible. For me, that's enough."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:39 pm

GundamChief wrote:32

You get a vision through the force, as if someone were watching you but hiding his presence. Someone very powerful.

Through the corner of your eye, you see a three eyed crow.

I frown and push outwards with the force in all directions. this is the first time I would use the force in such a way personally...I will show them the power of the Force.

The arrows are deflected in all directions. Sadly this bandit leader has let his greed have the better of him. "CHARGE!"

"Just a mere traveler. One who moves upon the paths life places before him. This latest one led me to see the Wall...it was quite the sight."

His eyes light up a bit at the idea of tales of travel. "It true the wall is 200 feet tall and stretches on as far as the eye can see?"

He smiles. "You got a place to rest, Ser? Long as you give yur word of honor, and tell us some stories, I see no reason you can't stay with us for a night!"

Rieverre wrote:... seen like that, it's not really a hard sell.

Arya isn't very complicated in her desires. Action? Adventure? A Jedi craves not these things. Thankfully, she's not a Jedi yet... Wink

"That any students I take agree to heed my instructions rather than dismiss some out of hand, because while they will be taking their first steps into a larger world that larger world has perils of its own," I say with a shrug. Then grin. "What I would require are the resources needed for training. A hall of some sort, where interruptions could be minimized or controlled would be ideal. Beyond that, the Force seems to have brought me here. I'm going to consider that a none-too-subtle hint that if someone wants to learn, I should probably do my best to teach."

"I wanna learn!" Arya exclaims.

"ARYA!" Cat snaps, "Go to your quarters and we'll talk about your..."

She looks aghast at her mother for a moment while Ned looks at the two of them. You can see a conflict in his face for a moment, then he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. You can feel longing and sorrow through the force as he remembers an old pain.

"Cat," he says interrupting the two, "We need to discuss this before we come to any decisions."

"How do we know he's not some mummer."

"Mother," Robb says calmly, "I doubt a mummer would have able to lift a goblet from the table with a wave of his hand."

"This power is... unnatural," she says defensively.

"We cannot judge what we do not understand."

"Then have him teach Snow or some other, but not my chidren until we know its safe!"

There's a good reason I'm not asking for money or power, and I'm sure Ned has puzzled some of it out already. Beyond the whole 'well, ruling would take effort' bit maybe.

Yep. the whole Jedi should remain somewhat distant from power. In fact, Head Obiwan has something to say...

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

In fact you recall most of the above to draw off of: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Code

"The Force is. Some would argue that it is aware, some would argue that it has a plan of some sort, some would argue many things but in the end, or until proven, that's all they really are. Arguments. I don't need to believe this or have faith in it. I know it for a fact. Being sensitive to it is why I can do what I can do. The closest thing to a dogmatic statement I'm willing to make is that the Force is, and through it all things are possible. For me, that's enough."

He looks thoughtful. "So it is possible to become a 'Jedi' while holding to ones faith?"

Mention the power of the Hearttrees and the Living Force.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Arya isn't very complicated in her desires. Action? Adventure? A Jedi craves not these things. Thankfully, she's not a Jedi yet... Wink

She'll learn. Also, a Jedi need not crave those things. They come to the Jedi on their own, more often than not. ^^

"I wanna learn!" Arya exclaims.

"ARYA!" Cat snaps, "Go to your quarters and we'll talk about your..."

She looks aghast at her mother for a moment while Ned looks at the two of them. You can see a conflict in his face for a moment, then he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. You can feel longing and sorrow through the force as he remembers an old pain.

"Cat," he says interrupting the two, "We need to discuss this before we come to any decisions."

"How do we know he's not some mummer."

"Mother," Robb says calmly, "I doubt a mummer would have able to lift a goblet from the table with a wave of his hand."

"This power is... unnatural," she says defensively.

"We cannot judge what we do not understand."

"Then have him teach Snow or some other, but not my chidren until we know its safe!"

"A sword is not safe to those who've learned only a bit of bladework. Knowledge is not safe to those who've only studied a select bit they consider convenient. And power and ability of any kind are certainly never safe from those who would covet them or wish them struck down."

It's not a great argument, but I'm making a point of being frank and honest where I can.

Yep. the whole Jedi should remain somewhat distant from power. In fact, Head Obiwan has something to say...

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
   Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
   Jedi respect all life, in any form.
   Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
   Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

In fact you recall most of the above to draw off of: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Code

Actually I was thinking more along the lines 'I could take all of that without any significant effort, thus I don't really need it'. I _have_ power, should I choose to exercise it.

He looks thoughtful. "So it is possible to become a 'Jedi' while holding to ones faith?"

Mention the power of the Hearttrees and the Living Force.

'Yes, thanks Head Obi-wan, I have this.'

"I don't suppose there'd be any conflict of interest there. I am not offering to convert you into the service of my gods in exchange for power. That's really not how it works. A stronger connection to the Force merely offers new perspectives. What the effect of that is on a man's faith ... well, I suppose that's up to the man."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcherVoid Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Psyckosama wrote:Well maybe if you stopped being so obtuse...

I am a man of mystery! The only time i get to the point is shoving the point of my force blade into someone!

But am mostly giving you shit at the moment for fun, the advise is appreciated at times.

"Um, alright then..."

He doesn't quite get it.

So long as he uses the proper title i don't care much if he gets it or not.

Actually you do find something the next day. There's a young boy there who seems to be strong in the force. Not exceptional, but the force is with him.

A possible padawan. But there are so many more questions than just that. Do i feel ready to take on such a duty so quickly after arriving here and so suddenly, am sure that i have the knowledge to teach him but do i have the heart at the moment to do so properly? Not to mention Jedi training demands, but also the realities require that i remove him completely from his family for training as he'll have to travel with me until i deem him ready to go out on his own.

While there's much more to my thoughts than those, they can go unmentioned at this time as the two most important is that the last things I'd want to do is take an apprentice without my heart in it or attempt foolish compromise and end up leaving a improperly trained user of the force. That last one especially as it would leave him so susceptible to the whispers of the dark side which is the last thing these lands need.

Head Obi-Wan what's your take on this?

Either way this is something to think on as much as i can afford as i have only until the caravan starts moving again. And hasty decisions are not often wise ones.
WatcherVoid
WatcherVoid

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Rieverre wrote:She'll learn. Also, a Jedi need not crave those things. They come to the Jedi on their own, more often than not. ^^

I believe the more apt phrasing would be like it or not...

Head Obi-wan has a bit of a sense of humor...

"A sword is not safe to those who've learned only a bit of bladework. Knowledge is not safe to those who've only studied a select bit they consider convenient. And power and ability of any kind are certainly never safe from those who would covet them or wish them struck down."

It's not a great argument, but I'm making a point of being frank and honest where I can.

"And what are the dangers to this power?"

Actually I was thinking more along the lines 'I could take all of that without any significant effort, thus I don't really need it'. I _have_ power, should I choose to exercise it.

Seeking power is dangerous.

"I don't suppose there'd be any conflict of interest there. I am not offering to convert you into the service of my gods in exchange for power. That's really not how it works. A stronger connection to the Force merely offers new perspectives. What the effect of that is on a man's faith ... well, I suppose that's up to the man."

He seems thoughtful. "I'll have to know more before I make any decisions."

You seem to have the feeling that's the end of the conversation, and is more aimed at the wife and children than you.

WatcherVoid wrote:I am a man of mystery! The only time i get to the point is shoving the point of my force blade into someone!

So you look like this?

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 5 Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers-1-

But am mostly giving you shit at the moment for fun, the advise is appreciated at times.

Do not antagonize the GM.

So long as he uses the proper title i don't care much if he gets it or not.

M'kay.

A possible padawan. But there are so many more questions than just that. Do i feel ready to take on such a duty so quickly after arriving here and so suddenly, am sure that i have the knowledge to teach him but do i have the heart at the moment to do so properly? Not to mention Jedi training demands, but also the realities require that i remove him completely from his family for training as he'll have to travel with me until i deem him ready to go out on his own.

While there's much more to my thoughts than those, they can go unmentioned at this time as the two most important is that the last things I'd want to do is take an apprentice without my heart in it or attempt foolish compromise and end up leaving a improperly trained user of the force. That last one especially as it would leave him so susceptible to the whispers of the dark side which is the last thing these lands need.

Head Obi-Wan what's your take on this?

Trust in the force and follow your heart. The force will guide you. By the standards of the order, he's somewhat old, but the force would not have sent you here without reason. And then again, many of the greatest Jedi became so in thier adulthood. Kyle Katarn. Nomi Sunrider. Even Luke Skywalker. At the least remember he is here and make the offer later if he has the mental fortitude to become a Jedi and resist the temptations of the Dark Side.

Either way this is something to think on as much as i can afford as i have only until the caravan starts moving again. And hasty decisions are not often wise ones.

It stays there for a couple days then the snow clears enough that you can move... as long as they have someone plowing the way. Wink wink

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:56 am

Psyckosama wrote:I believe the more apt phrasing would be like it or not...

Head Obi-wan has a bit of a sense of humor...

Proof of statement, exhibit me.

"And what are the dangers to this power?"

"There is a quicker, easier path that is fraught with pitfalls but appears tempting. I don't have to explain how emotions might lend one a second wind, have him strike faster or harder, or endure great pain. It's a given that a practitioner will experience strong emotion at some point. Fear, anger, hatred. It's a given that they will discover they might wield greater power through these, for a time at least. Soon, though, one begins to think of wielding such all the time. Begins to deliberately seek those emotions, and conflict, out. But a person has limits, even a Force user, and going beyond those limits consistently like that is self-destructive at best. Nevermind that they become a person who deliberately seeks out negative emotion and wishes to feel these all the time."

Pause.

"I don't think the consequences of this could be considered appropriate conversation to go with a meal, though. Suffice it to say that this is not what I was taught, and isn't what I teach. The path of the Jedi is not the quick and easy path to power."

Seeking power is dangerous.

I choose to interpret that as more of a 'don't be a moron in the course of pursuing power for one reason or another'. Seeking power is fine, the danger is in having your judgement impaired.

Sorry Head Obi-wan, but you ended up being counsel to a Revanite.

He seems thoughtful. "I'll have to know more before I make any decisions."

You seem to have the feeling that's the end of the conversation, and is more aimed at the wife and children than you.

"We'll speak later. It's certainly not a decision to make lightly."

If he makes the offer for me to stay as a guest, I'll take him up on it, otherwise I'll probably stay in town.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:14 am

Rieverre wrote:"There is a quicker, easier path that is fraught with pitfalls but appears tempting. I don't have to explain how emotions might lend one a second wind, have him strike faster or harder, or endure great pain. It's a given that a practitioner will experience strong emotion at some point. Fear, anger, hatred. It's a given that they will discover they might wield greater power through these, for a time at least. Soon, though, one begins to think of wielding such all the time. Begins to deliberately seek those emotions, and conflict, out. But a person has limits, even a Force user, and going beyond those limits consistently like that is self-destructive at best. Nevermind that they become a person who deliberately seeks out negative emotion and wishes to feel these all the time."

Pause.

"I don't think the consequences of this could be considered appropriate conversation to go with a meal, though. Suffice it to say that this is not what I was taught, and isn't what I teach. The path of the Jedi is not the quick and easy path to power."

Ned gives you a flat look. You will explain in detail later.

I choose to interpret that as more of a 'don't be a moron in the course of pursuing power for one reason or another'. Seeking power is fine, the danger is in having your judgement impaired.

Sorry Head Obi-wan, but you ended up being counsel to a Revanite.

Wonderful, and now I get to watch you go mad and destroy everything else you touch like everyone else in this force forsaken world...

"We'll speak later. It's certainly not a decision to make lightly."

He nods.

Anyways, the food is good. Filling, hearty, lots of game meat.

If he makes the offer for me to stay as a guest, I'll take him up on it, otherwise I'll probably stay in town.

He asks for you to speak to him in private.

"Now, Ser Jedi, I would like you to explain this force and what a Jedi is to to me simply, directly, and honestly in as much detail as you can."

You can tell he's concerned.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:01 am

Psyckosama wrote:Ned gives you a flat look. You will explain in detail later.

That was the general idea.

Wonderful, and now I get to watch you go mad and destroy everything else you touch like everyone else in this force forsaken world...

Wet blanket. Why do you have to be such a downer, Head Obi-wan?

He asks for you to speak to him in private.

"Now, Ser Jedi, I would like you to explain this force and what a Jedi is to to me simply, directly, and honestly in as much detail as you can."

You can tell he's concerned.

"Sure, why don't we start with the easy questions," I say wryly. Seriously, they're really not easy questions. "I meant what I said. People have been arguing about just what it is or what it could mean for a long time. The Force is just that. An underlying force that flows through us and the world. That's as simply put as I can make it. As for Jedi ... well, let me see, what was the rote again ... oh yes ...

Jedi are the guardians of peace,
Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect,
Jedi respect all life, in any form,
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them,
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training

Or so. I consider that to be an accurate enough description of what a Jedi is. And yes, I am aware how open to interpretation some of that is, but the 'guardians of peace' part is fairly central."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:31 am

Psyckosama wrote:You get a vision through the force, as if someone were watching you but hiding his presence. Someone very powerful.

Through the corner of your eye, you see a three eyed crow.

I blinked, and remember this from the books. I had almost forgotten about the Crow. The man who had fused to the tree, and watched through a thousand eyes, and in my opinion, knowing what I am now, very likely having fused with the light side of the force. Especially with the undead unable to animate themselves near the tree is he part of.

I merely nod at the crow while flaring out with while flaring out with the force to show my connection with it. If he wants to speak or communicate, he can and will.

The arrows are deflected in all directions. Sadly this bandit leader has let his greed have the better of him. "CHARGE!"

I say nothing as I defend myself, using martial arts, the force to push hard when able, and the sword to cut down.

His eyes light up a bit at the idea of tales of travel. "It true the wall is 200 feet tall and stretches on as far as the eye can see?"

He smiles. "You got a place to rest, Ser? Long as you give yur word of honor, and tell us some stories, I see no reason you can't stay with us for a night!"

To the first "It's actually 700 feet tall, and though it is man made, if feels like looking at a mountain. As far as how long, indeed it does stretch as far as the eye can see."

to the second "I have no place, but with an offer such as that, I can hardly refuse. By my word, you will be given stories of the things I have seen and done."
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Rieverre wrote:That was the general idea.

Good.

Wet blanket. Why do you have to be such a downer, Head Obi-wan?

Because you're playing with fire while soaked in patrol biproduct.

"Sure, why don't we start with the easy questions," I say wryly. Seriously, they're really not easy questions. "I meant what I said. People have been arguing about just what it is or what it could mean for a long time. The Force is just that. An underlying force that flows through us and the world. That's as simply put as I can make it. As for Jedi ... well, let me see, what was the rote again ... oh yes ...

Jedi are the guardians of peace,
Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect,
Jedi respect all life, in any form,
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them,
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training

You forgot the 'and justice'. The 'and justice' is the most important part... and would appeal to a man like Stark.

"Serve others? Like the Maesters?"

Or so. I consider that to be an accurate enough description of what a Jedi is. And yes, I am aware how open to interpretation some of that is, but the 'guardians of peace' part is fairly central."

He nods. "Go on."

GundamChief wrote:I blinked, and remember this from the books. I had almost forgotten about the Crow. The man who had fused to the tree, and watched through a thousand eyes, and in my opinion, knowing what I am now, very likely having fused with the light side of the force. Especially with the undead unable to animate themselves near the tree is he part of.

I merely nod at the crow while flaring out with while flaring out with the force to show my connection with it. If he wants to speak or communicate, he can and will.

He's fused with the living force via the Old Gods whom you get the feeling are entities in their own right.

You see him sensing your intentions and then after a long pause you get not words, but an impression.

You are to train Bran Stark and send him beyond the wall to complete his training. Do this, you and through you the Jedi will know the Old Gods' favor.

I say nothing as I defend myself, using martial arts, the force to push hard when able, and the sword to cut down.

Come on, dude... gimme something to work with. And roll a d100.

To the first "It's actually 700 feet tall, and though it is man made, if feels like looking at a mountain. As far as how long, indeed it does stretch as far as the eye can see."

His eyes go wide and he oohs and ahs.

to the second "I have no place, but with an offer such as that, I can hardly refuse. By my word, you will be given stories of the things I have seen and done."

You're quickly lead to his home and he introduced you to his wife, who is pretty in that "wholesome peasant woman who's had maybe one too many kids" way, and of course, his gaggle of children, the oldest of whom is a cute girl just entering her teens who's giving you doe eyes.

You've served a hearty stew of millet and squash with a little bit of rabbit meat in it from the kids he brought back.

What tales do you tell, and roll 2 d100

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:48 am

Psyckosama wrote:He's fused with the living force via the Old Gods whom you get the feeling are entities in their own right.

You see him sensing your intentions and then after a long pause you get not words, but an impression.

You are to train Bran Stark and send him beyond the wall to complete his training. Do this, you and through you the Jedi will know the Old Gods' favor.

Huh...well...I suppose that would be one way to avoid the fate of him falling out the window. More than likely I will end up with more apprentices before it's all over if I am stuck here, which I am. Having the favor the local Force Spirits would be a good thing to have. Plus there's the fact that Bran is more than likely that hero reborn for when the White Walkers begin their campaign into the lands of men, bringing about a second Long Night.

I nod at him before I meditate some more, and then move onward south.

Come on, dude... gimme something to work with. And roll a d100.

[roll=d100]1[/roll]

No offense...but I've already given you all you needed to determine how the battle will go and write it out as you want. If I have to give more, then I might as well narrate the battle myself, which I will win because 'Jedi'.

As the men begin to close in on me, I parry, and slash their blades back before using the force to lift and throw them into their comrades. The leader gets special treatment as he gets thrown like a rag doll into the high point of a tree to either fall or watch as he hangs there.

I make a point to not kill the men as they fight me. I aim to disarm and show that their lives are not worth killing me over. Should they prove to be more than a small amount of stupid in continuing to try and kill me, or give in to rage, than I will end that man's life as they are bandits for the fun, not because they have no choice.

When it is all said and done, and they are either all run off, or dead, and if the captain is still alive, I make a show of levitating him and then making him face me as his body hangs parallel to the ground.

"...Do yourself a favor...and find a more legitimate line of work. Lest I come and have to find you...and end it for good." than drop him.

You're quickly lead to his home and he introduced you to his wife, who is pretty in that "wholesome peasant woman who's had maybe one too many kids" way, and of course, his gaggle of children, the oldest of whom is a cute girl just entering her teens who's giving you doe eyes.

You've served a hearty stew of millet and squash with a little bit of rabbit meat in it from the kids he brought back.

What tales do you tell, and roll 2 d100

[roll=d100]2[/roll]

Doe eyed looks I happily ignore. I give her the attention a child like her should receive. the ones given to a child. Were she in her late teens and early 20s, that'd be different.

I tell them of the things I have seen to the lands further south, such as Kings Landing. Using the show as a basis for what I have seen of the city, both good and bad. I tell of the hustle and bustle of the city, and the shiny things kids want to hear, but I also tell the dangers I have seen, ommiting just how bad it really is. Though I leave enough in to allow the adults to read between the lines, and use it as a warning in case the children decide to go away when they come of age.

I tell them of Dragonstone Castle, how it was built on the edge of a the cliff upon the island of the same name. How it was built strong and practically impenetrable by the tygarians of the past. How I had seen Lord Stannis himself, and heard him speak. He was a strong, strict man, serious upon his duties.

Lastly I tell of the farthest thing I had seen was when I had been in the Land of Essos. During my time in the free cities, I had seen the trades markets, where any and all things were sold. Fine Silks, Spices, weapons...and people. The most intimidating thing I had seen were not the leaders, or the elites, but the Dothraki. Warrior nomads who rode on horseback, raid small villages and settlements, and though they are divided by large groups known as clans, as a singular force, their numbers rival any combined military force of Westeros.

Fortunately...they will not cross the sea, because they do not trust it. They have a belief that horses were made by divine beings as the purest of creatures. Horses cannot drink salt water, thus they both distrust and fear it. Because of this, no Dothraki will ever cross the sea, even while on ships.

I believe these stories will sate the young minds, and old as well.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next