Giant Stompy Robots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

+2
Rieverre
Psyckosama
6 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 10 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Brian Boru Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:12 am

Psyckosama wrote:I did a reaction roll. She rolled a 98.

Hopefully she'll handle it better once she comes to.

Her eyes glaze over. "You were just talking to her and she's feeling ill... but you know the healing arts and will see to her for free..." she smiles. "Gods bless you. If you can make my girl well, I'll have a free room for you, and if she wants to reward you, well, sometimes her charms are all a girls got. Let her know I won't be angry..."

She turns around and goes back to her business...

Masterfully done. Master Qui-Gon couldn't have done it better, and he mastered the Mind Trick to a degree considered almost excessive among Jedi.

I blink at that....didn't think I'd do that well...hmm....

I take to said room and see if I can wake her up. When she comes to I ask her how she's feeling and tell her what happened including how I managed to finagle this room, wiggling my fingers as I do so. Would she be interested in learning how I did that? I think I might be able to get her out of this line of work permanently if she agrees to becoming my apprentice.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force. - Page 10 Empty Re: There is no Fire and Ice. There is only the Force.

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:24 am

Brian Boru wrote:Hopefully she'll handle it better once she comes to.

She seems a little distracted. "Oh, a spell must have come over me.... so..." she gives you a saucy smile. "You're a cute one. So you want me to do a little dance or you want to unwrap me?"

I blink at that....didn't think I'd do that well...hmm....

The force grants you great power over the weak of will...

I take to said room and see if I can wake her up.

She does on her own. With some momentary amnesia.

When she comes to I ask her how she's feeling

Never had one ask her that before... always on your back... you're a sweet one! She'll make you feel REAL nice...

and tell her what happened including how I managed to finagle this room,

"Huh?"

wiggling my fingers as I do so.

She blinks, shrugging off the mind trick like water off a ducks' back

"Over the weak willed..."

Would she be interested in learning how I did that?

Do wot?

I think I might be able to get her out of this line of work permanently if she agrees to becoming my apprentice.

"Huh? Not that I'd mind not havin' ta spread me wings for the black brothers, but wot in the bloody hell are you talking about?"

Psyckosama
Admin

https://giantstompyrobots.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:38 am

Psyckosama wrote:She seems a little distracted. "Oh, a spell must have come over me.... so..." she gives you a saucy smile. "You're a cute one. So you want me to do a little dance or you want to unwrap me?"

...huh...

The force grants you great power over the weak of will...

Apparently.

She does on her own. With some momentary amnesia.

Never had one ask her that before... always on your back... you're a sweet one! She'll make you feel REAL nice...

"Huh?"

She blinks, shrugging off the mind trick like water off a ducks' back

"Over the weak willed..."

Do wot?

"Huh? Not that I'd mind not havin' ta spread me wings for the black brothers, but wot in the bloody hell are you talking about?"

I sigh. Apparently I'll have to do this again.

I run through my previous pitch again, though at the end of it I tell her that I had just told this and that she fainted when I tried to prove to her that I was legit. Then I tell her how I managed to fend off the madam of this place and get this room. Then once again I ask her if she'd like to come with me as my apprentice. Leave this life behind and become someone great and powerful. As a side note I'll mention that I'm flattered by her offer but I'd rather not have it as a service, also it'd be wrong to abuse a master-apprentice relationship.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:45 am

Brian Boru wrote:I sigh.  Apparently I'll have to do this again.

Shock.

I run through my previous pitch again, though at the end of it I tell her that I had just told this and that she fainted when I tried to prove to her that I was legit.

She manages not to pass out this time but she does stumble back and fall onto the bed, her eyes never leaving the floating object as pale as a ghost.

Then I tell her how I managed to fend off the madam of this place and get this room.  Then once again I ask her if she'd like to come with me as my apprentice.  Leave this life behind and become someone great and powerful.  As a side note I'll mention that I'm flattered by her offer but I'd rather not have it as a service, also it'd be wrong to abuse a master-apprentice relationship.

She takes a few minutes. "So let me get this streight," she says her eyes still unable to look away. "You want to teach me... a cribhouse 'hore from the arsehole of the world... amazin' magical powers like in the stories. And I don't even 'avta fuck ya less I want ta?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:52 am

Psyckosama wrote:Shock.

heh

She manages not to pass out this time but she does stumble back and fall onto the bed, her eyes never leaving the floating object as pale as a ghost.

"Don't fret, girl. I'm not going to hurt you."

She takes a few minutes. "So let me get this streight," she says her eyes still unable to look away. "You want to teach me... a cribhouse 'hore from the arsehole of the world... amazin' magical powers like in the stories. And I don't even 'avta fuck ya less I want ta?"

"That's perfectly correct...I don't I gotten your name yet."

"Anyway yes. I want to train you. And before you ask why you. It's because you're the first person with this gift I've come across. The only one in all of Mole-town and likely all of the Wall. I have the feeling that we won't meet anyone else like you unless we walk at least as far as the Neck itself."

"As for your last question. No, you don' 'avta fuck me lessen ya wanna....though I wouldn't say no if you did....a few months from now...once you've had some proper training."
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:29 am

Brian Boru wrote:"Don't fret, girl.  I'm not going to hurt you."

She's not paying attention to you at this moment...

"That's perfectly correct...I don't I gotten your name yet."

"Annah..."

"Anyway yes.  I want to train you.  And before you ask why you.  It's because you're the first person with this gift I've come across.  The only one in all of Mole-town and likely all of the Wall.  I have the feeling that we won't meet anyone else like you unless we walk at least as far as the Neck itself."

"As for your last question. No, you don' 'avta fuck me lessen ya wanna....though I wouldn't say no if you did....a few months from now...once you've had some proper training."

She slowly nods. "Yes. Yes! I wanna learn yer magics!"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:46 am

Rieverre wrote:"Yeah, that's not happening. There are few things that are a worse idea than putting a Jedi, or any Force user really, in a bad relationship. Fragile things tend to get broken that way. You know, fragile things, like cities, armies or fleets."

"Huh?" she blinks. "Oh. Yeah. I think I get it. Love and hate. Hatred leads to suffering?"

If that's beskar I really hope I don't run into any Mandos. Especially if I know how to forge it. They tend to take that shit very seriously.

It is beskar.

And now that you think of it, you actually know Mando'a.

And I'm squaring that statement away in my future blackmail pile, for when she's older. Even if she probably means having control over her life rather than rescuing princesses.

She meant the control of her life bit.

And language...

"It's not a bad sentiment, just as long as you remember others won't necessarily follow it. Might save your life some day."

She nods, paying attention.

Though that's more a lession for ned to give him.

I just meant they were snappy dressers.

"Oh. A bit flamboyant though... and obvious. Jedi dress like Jedi because we want people to know who and what we are. Assassins with a dress code though... a bit counter productive. Double so those senseless wrist blades. A dagger would be far more useful."

Once I have this lot trained up enough that they don't accidentally hurt themselves. Not that things are likely to work out so neat and cleanly. But a man can hope.

What I meant is ned probably wouldn't outsource his kids. Cat would go nuts.

We'll see when the time comes. I'm definitely keeping her close and keeping an eye on her.

She's pretty much your shadow. The others are your students but she's your self declared Padawan.

Next morning I bring a few fighting sticks and we start the new routine.

"There are seven traditional lightsaber forms. Form I, the Determination Form serves as the foundation from which all of them started, even if some are dramatically different. This is what is taught initially, so this is what I'll be starting with. It's simple, some would even say raw and plodding compared to more elegant forms, but for all that also adaptable. Therein lies its strength. This is what I will begin teaching you."

Cue demonstration of relevant guards and strikes, then sparring.

They don't take to it nearly as well as they did the force. For Ned and a lesser degree Jon its because they're both at the point in their ability that they actually have to relearn a lot. They have well drilled instincts that are contrary to learning an alien form. For Arya its the fact that she doesn't have any training at all, and needs to improve her physical condition. She's a healthy little girl... but she's still a little girl. Rob on the other hand is in a sweat spot. He's younger than Jon and thus his training isn't quite as advanced, but at the same time he's fit enough to be able to keep up. He does exceptionally well.

The galaxy is not ready for such a thing.

I think Anakin would have gone bald from the strain.

Good, now I can help her figure out what exactly she's done to make it more efficient. Then, as Head Yoda said, I was already planning on blindfolding her and throwing pebbles her way for her to either dodge or deflect with her not-bokken.

She learns quickly. As for blocking training? Just her or everyone?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Huh?" she blinks. "Oh. Yeah. I think I get it. Love and hate. Hatred leads to suffering?"

"Exactly. Well, that and most trained Jedi in such a situation could easily just walk away from the whole thing, leading to the inevitable political complications ... it's just one of those things you should know better than to do."

It is beskar.

And now that you think of it, you actually know Mando'a.

Technically, once I have armor I'll qualify as an actual Mandalorian, six actions and all.

She meant the control of her life bit.

And language...

It was hardly excessive.

She nods, paying attention.

Though that's more a lession for ned to give him.

"Different people view honor differently. Some abandon it altogether, some cultures have a drastically different idea of what honor is or means."

"Oh. A bit flamboyant though... and obvious. Jedi dress like Jedi because we want people to know who and what we are. Assassins with a dress code though... a bit counter productive. Double so those senseless wrist blades. A dagger would be far more useful."

It was entertainment you know.

Once I have this lot trained up enough that they don't accidentally hurt themselves. Not that things are likely to work out so neat and cleanly. But a man can hope.

What I meant is ned probably wouldn't outsource his kids. Cat would go nuts.

We'll see when the time comes. I'm definitely keeping her close and keeping an eye on her.

She's pretty much your shadow. The others are your students but she's your self declared Padawan.

They don't take to it nearly as well as they did the force. For Ned and a lesser degree Jon its because they're both at the point in their ability that they actually have to relearn a lot. They have well drilled instincts that are contrary to learning an alien form. For Arya its the fact that she doesn't have any training at all, and needs to improve her physical condition. She's a healthy little girl... but she's still a little girl. Rob on the other hand is in a sweat spot. He's younger than Jon and thus his training isn't quite as advanced, but at the same time he's fit enough to be able to keep up. He does exceptionally well.

I think Ned might be a good fit for Form V, possibly the Djem So variant as that's focused more on melee than defending against ranged attacks. He's got the build for it, and he's used to Ice which is a two handed blade. Shien's powerful, decisive attacks seem to fit. Jon ... I don't know, I'll have to see where his natural aptitudes lie first though I'm considering Niman. Arya's a shoe in for Ataru eventually, given all indicators.

If Robb's doing well enough, I might do the same with him as I did with Arya and general Force aptitude training once he's far enough along. Get him to lead the martial exercises once he's got a solid grasp on them.

She learns quickly. As for blocking training? Just her or everyone?

It's more a matter of training her awareness. I'll add other people throwing pebbles as necessary, and eventually advance to single attacks with their bokken if she does well with that.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:17 am

Rieverre wrote:"Exactly. Well, that and most trained Jedi in such a situation could easily just walk away from the whole thing, leading to the inevitable political complications ... it's just one of those things you should know better than to do."

"Yeah. Mother is going to be disappointed, but I have a feeling father is going to be revealed."

Technically, once I have armor I'll qualify as an actual Mandalorian, six actions and all.

But only if you intend to reform the Mandalorians. After all, it is a responsibility as much as an identity.

It was hardly excessive.

Still...

"Different people view honor differently. Some abandon it altogether, some cultures have a drastically different idea of what honor is or means."

"So, what's honor where you come from?"

Tell her the Six actions...

That... was not Obi-Wan.

Oh by the force...

You've had your Fun, Jedi... my turn!

Yes, you have your Head Jedi, now your Headalorian!

Do me a favor and shoot the GM... that was painful

Who breaks the 4th wall...

It was entertainment you know.

And so is Star Wars. It's a big multiverse out there.

Perhaps. But you'll probably be getting more students before that point.

She's a good student, though she has hidden fears to work thorugh. But I think becoming a Jedi will help her with most. She seems to have a fear of being unable to control her destiny. Jedi may be servants to the force, and we trust it to guide us, but in the end our path is our own.

I think Ned might be a good fit for Form V, possibly the Djem So variant as that's focused more on melee than defending against ranged attacks. He's got the build for it, and he's used to Ice which is a two handed blade. Shien's powerful, decisive attacks seem to fit.

You discuss this with him? Mixture of Djem So and Shien?

Jon ... I don't know, I'll have to see where his natural aptitudes lie first though I'm considering Niman.

Poor fit for a Guardian. He seems like the martial type, but his current mindset might not gel well with the aggressive style of Ataru. Its all too easy to move from fighting aggressively to aggressive feelings. You might want to consider Makash.i

Arya's a shoe in for Ataru eventually, given all indicators.

And possibly Jryu if she can master her emotions. But make sure to drill her well in Soresu as well...

If Robb's doing well enough, I might do the same with him as I did with Arya and general Force aptitude training once he's far enough along. Get him to lead the martial exercises once he's got a solid grasp on them.

He seems to have a poor aptitude for training. He has power but is slow on the uptake. This might take a while...

It's more a matter of training her awareness. I'll add other people throwing pebbles as necessary, and eventually advance to single attacks with their bokken if she does well with that.

I meant do you get the others to train as well. And her timing is off. Ironically she seems to know where it is, but she isn't able to move fast enough to stop it.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:59 am

Psyckosama wrote:"Yeah. Mother is going to be disappointed, but I have a feeling father is going to be revealed."

"Somehow I don't see alliances being an issue when most of the current Lord's children should be able to tell when someone is trying to deceive them, leap small buildings in a single bound and throw catapult shot with their minds."

But only if you intend to reform the Mandalorians. After all, it is a responsibility as much as an identity.

That depends on whether or not I'll have students who aren't Sensitives.

"So, what's honor where you come from?"

Tell her the Six actions...

That... was not Obi-Wan.

Oh by the force...

You've had your Fun, Jedi... my turn!

Is that you in there Canderous?

"To wear armor, to defend yourself and your family, to speak the language, to teach these actions to your children, to contribute to the welfare of your clan, and to rally to the cause of your leader when called. That was the idea of honor the people I came from held. You'll note it allows for a great deal, and I intend to keep up with most of it, possibly barring the last part. For one, my being a Jedi conflicts with it somewhat, for another, there hasn't been a Mandalore I'd accept in a good long while."

Perhaps. But you'll probably be getting more students before that point.

No rest for the wicked.

You discuss this with him? Mixture of Djem So and Shien?

More the former than the latter, and yes. Shien is of more limited applicability here, seeing how grounded it is in ranged defense and deflecting bolts back at targets. Djem So is more locally applicable.

Poor fit for a Guardian. He seems like the martial type, but his current mindset might not gel well with the aggressive style of Ataru. Its all too easy to move from fighting aggressively to aggressive feelings. You might want to consider Makash.i

The Diplomat's Form is underestimated, but that might be a good idea. Once he has a handle on Form I, we'll see how II suits him anyway.

And possibly Jryu if she can master her emotions. But make sure to drill her well in Soresu as well...

I fully intend to give them all a grounding in all five forms, with sixth being optional and seventh ... I've never really liked Juyo to be honest. Depends on aptitudes.

He seems to have a poor aptitude for training. He has power but is slow on the uptake. This might take a while...

We'll work on Robb's strengths for now and shore up his weaknesses where able. Different people are better at different things. Robb's aptitudes may just lie closer to the traditional sword-saint path. If this trend persists, I'll start coaching him on moving meditation, practicing it while doing his forms in particular.

I meant do you get the others to train as well. And her timing is off. Ironically she seems to know where it is, but she isn't able to move fast enough to stop it.

We'll keep working on it. As for the others, I'll start them on this when they can maintain their connection with the Force in sparring. I might be going a bit meditation heavy here, but it should pay off in the long run even if it might start off slower.

I'll use my free time to explore Winterfell more, not that I likely have a lot of it between all these students. It'll be useful to have its layout memorized. And I'll conceal my bundle of force blades and beskar in the most inaccessible part of the castle.

And unless something shakes up the routine, I'll take a trip into town once a week, just to keep my ear to the ground and for a change of scenery. The students can come with if they like, if only after I'll be somewhat certain those who are good at sensing these things can handle the mess of emotions a gathering of people is.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:17 am

Rieverre wrote:"Somehow I don't see alliances being an issue when most of the current Lord's children should be able to tell when someone is trying to deceive them, leap small buildings in a single bound and throw catapult shot with their minds."

"Have I mentioned how much I love being your student recently? Because I do. Very much."

That depends on whether or not I'll have students who aren't Sensitives.

You have a responsibility, boy...

Is that you in there Canderous?

"Heh. Yeah. Don't you know it!"

"To wear armor, to defend yourself and your family, to speak the language, to teach these actions to your children, to contribute to the welfare of your clan, and to rally to the cause of your leader when called. That was the idea of honor the people I came from held. You'll note it allows for a great deal, and I intend to keep up with most of it, possibly barring the last part. For one, my being a Jedi conflicts with it somewhat, for another, there hasn't been a Mandalore I'd accept in a good long while."

"Mandalore?" she blinks. "Okay. What do you mean by wear armor, what language? Clan? Like the mountain folk? Could you explain this too me."

Do your best and maybe get started on the Cannons of Honor or even the damned Supercommando Codex if that's your speed... if we pull this right, she might be speaking Mando'e by the end of the damned week.

Don't corrupt the child.

Teaching her how to be a proper Mando'a isn't corruption. If anything it's a clear step up. The people around here consider women to be nothing more than brood mules. It's disgusting!

Her father might not agree.

Then to hell with him!

No rest for the wicked.

Indeed.

More the former than the latter, and yes. Shien is of more limited applicability here, seeing how grounded it is in ranged defense and deflecting bolts back at targets. Djem So is more locally applicable.

It's also decent at area defense against multiple inferior foes and would be great for blocking crossbow bolts.

The Diplomat's Form is underestimated, but that might be a good idea. Once he has a handle on Form I, we'll see how II suits him anyway.

Fair enough.

I fully intend to give them all a grounding in all five forms, with sixth being optional and seventh ... I've never really liked Juyo to be honest. Depends on aptitudes.

Well thought.

We'll work on Robb's strengths for now and shore up his weaknesses where able. Different people are better at different things. Robb's aptitudes may just lie closer to the traditional sword-saint path. If this trend persists, I'll start coaching him on moving meditation, practicing it while doing his forms in particular.

Okay.

We'll keep working on it. As for the others, I'll start them on this when they can maintain their connection with the Force in sparring. I might be going a bit meditation heavy here, but it should pay off in the long run even if it might start off slower.

I'd suggest deflection training early. It's... good encouragement.

I'll use my free time to explore Winterfell more, not that I likely have a lot of it between all these students. It'll be useful to have its layout memorized. And I'll conceal my bundle of force blades and beskar in the most inaccessible part of the castle.

Actually you have plenty of time since they all have duties of their own. The only one who tends to eat a lot of time is Arya, and that's because she tries to dodge lessons with the septa.

And unless something shakes up the routine, I'll take a trip into town once a week, just to keep my ear to the ground and for a change of scenery.

You look for more students? Chill out? Go whoring? What?

The students can come with if they like, if only after I'll be somewhat certain those who are good at sensing these things can handle the mess of emotions a gathering of people is.

Cat is not pleased at the idea... so ned Nixes that for now.

That said... after about a week Bran joins in. He's almost as fast a learner as Arya, but he seems to be better with the deeper spiritual aspect while she's outright stronger all around. He picks up the use of the Living Force like it was nothing. Though that tends to be true of all the Starks except for Jon who is more balanced in the force...

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Have I mentioned how much I love being your student recently? Because I do. Very much."

"You have, but feel free to keep doing it. It certainly does my ego no harm."

You have a responsibility, boy...

I also have voices in my head telling me to do things.

Don't worry too much.

"Mandalore?" she blinks. "Okay. What do you mean by wear armor, what language? Clan? Like the mountain folk? Could you explain this too me."

"My people were the Mando'ade, the Mandalorians. It means as much as 'children of Mand'alor', which in turn translates into something close to 'sole ruler'. Nomadic for the most part, they placed a great value on martial prowess and were renowned as soldiers, bodyguards, bounty hunters and mercenaries. Throughout most of their history, they would clash with the Jedi Order, but rather than with hatred they viewed the Order as a damn good fight. Which was about as high a honor as there is to a Mando. To be a Mandalorian is to follow the six actions. They are not bound by something as simple as race and they are not a nation. They are a culture and an idea, which is how they survived where nations fell. Rather than be governed by a single leader, they're a loose collection of clans, and the Mand'alor mostly serves to keep them from being at odds with one another and to keep them pointed in one direction."

As for the armor, I might as well show her what the smith is working on.

Do your best and maybe get started on the Cannons of Honor or even the damned Supercommando Codex if that's your speed... if we pull this right, she might be speaking Mando'e by the end of the damned week.

Don't corrupt the child.

Teaching her how to be a proper Mando'a isn't corruption. If anything it's a clear step up. The people around here consider women to be nothing more than brood mules. It's disgusting!

Her father might not agree.

Then to hell with him!

Settle down you two. It's not as though Ben doesn't have his reasons to view Mandalorians as he does. To be fair though, if Canderous had ever somehow run into Deathwatch chances are blaster bolts would have been had. And really, Pre Vizsla had nothing on Shae.

Anyway, if Arya wants to know more, I'll tell her more. She can make up her own mind and unless she does something really stupid I'll let her.

It's also decent at area defense against multiple inferior foes and would be great for blocking crossbow bolts.

I might as well teach him both and see where his strengths lie.

What I'll definitely do is ask Ned about other Weirwood trees or groves in the North. My students will need training weapons soon, and those seem especially conductive to serving as a Force focus.

When asked about foci, I briefly demonstrate my ability to strengthen a fighting stick using the force and use that to sheer through a training dummy.

"I had to actually work a bit to get it to do that. A proper focus, even just a wooden one, will be the match of most actual weapons with the proper training."

I'd suggest deflection training early. It's... good encouragement.

This _is_ early. Seriously, it's been a week or two at this point. They're advancing at an astonishing rate.

Actually you have plenty of time since they all have duties of their own. The only one who tends to eat a lot of time is Arya, and that's because she tries to dodge lessons with the septa.

I'm actually kind of tempted to sit in on some of those, if only to see what they're being taught and learn more about the world from someone's point of view rather than trolling the castle library ... where I by now probably have a favorite chair and table.

You look for more students? Chill out? Go whoring? What?

If the Force wants me to run into them, I will, but no. I just want to hear what people are talking about at the moment, get a better feel for the town, and generally explore a bit. Listen to rumors from the South. Possibly chuckle at whatever people are talking about in reference to what's going on in Winterfell because servants tend to talk.

I'll toss a hooded cloak on top of my robes, and possibly armor if that's ready already.

Cat is not pleased at the idea... so ned Nixes that for now.

That said... after about a week Bran joins in. He's almost as fast a learner as Arya, but he seems to be better with the deeper spiritual aspect while she's outright stronger all around. He picks up the use of the Living Force like it was nothing. Though that tends to be true of all the Starks except for Jon who is more balanced in the force...

Arya's closest to his size too, so she'd work best in helping him along with the basics. I'll work with him on sensing things through the force, especially his connections to other living things since he's obviously good at that. To make the comparison, Arya could probably bull her way through a wall, Bran could find where moss and plantlife had weakened it the most and exploit that weak spot.

But yeah, working with his strengths and possibly showing off some Animal Friendship ... cue Disney scene with calming a skittish doe before letting it go off again ... and shoring up his weaknesses - Arya is going to take care of that, with her love of tumbling and the freedom the Force gives her in terms of moving around.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:59 pm

Rieverre wrote:"You have, but feel free to keep doing it. It certainly does my ego no harm."

She grins.

Unbefitting...

I also have voices in my head telling me to do things.

We're all a little mad, deal with it!

Don't worry too much.

Ha!

"My people were the Mando'ade, the Mandalorians. It means as much as 'children of Mand'alor', which in turn translates into something close to 'sole ruler'. Nomadic for the most part, they placed a great value on martial prowess and were renowned as soldiers, bodyguards, bounty hunters and mercenaries. Throughout most of their history, they would clash with the Jedi Order, but rather than with hatred they viewed the Order as a damn good fight. Which was about as high a honor as there is to a Mando. To be a Mandalorian is to follow the six actions. They are not bound by something as simple as race and they are not a nation. They are a culture and an idea, which is how they survived where nations fell. Rather than be governed by a single leader, they're a loose collection of clans, and the Mand'alor mostly serves to keep them from being at odds with one another and to keep them pointed in one direction."

"Oh. So how did you become a Jedi?"

As for the armor, I might as well show her what the smith is working on.

She thinks its interesting.

Just don't forget the Mythosaur skull...

Settle down you two. It's not as though Ben doesn't have his reasons to view Mandalorians as he does. To be fair though, if Canderous had ever somehow run into Deathwatch chances are blaster bolts would have been had. And really, Pre Vizsla had nothing on Shae.

Blaster bolts? Bah. Too good for them. I'd have torn their still beating hearts from their chests. Though intimidatingly I probably would have been tempted to kill the woman myself. New Mandolorians my ass. She was a faithless disgrace to our people... she should have stayed on Coruscant where she belonged.

Anyway, if Arya wants to know more, I'll tell her more. She can make up her own mind and unless she does something really stupid I'll let her.

she does.

[quote]
I might as well teach him both and see where his strengths lie.[quote]

Fair enough

[quote]What I'll definitely do is ask Ned about other Weirwood trees or groves in the North. My students will need training weapons soon, and those seem especially conductive to serving as a Force focus.[quote]

There are several groves close by. He points them out to you.

When asked about foci, I briefly demonstrate my ability to strengthen a fighting stick using the force and use that to sheer through a training dummy.

He is... impressed.

"I had to actually work a bit to get it to do that. A proper focus, even just a wooden one, will be the match of most actual weapons with the proper training."

He nods. "So you think with proper focus a weirwood trainging weapon would be as useful as steel?"

[quote]This _is_ early. Seriously, it's been a week or two at this point. They're advancing at an astonishing rate.[quote]

It was the first thing I started Luke on...

[quote]I'm actually kind of tempted to sit in on some of those, if only to see what they're being taught and learn more about the world from someone's point of view rather than trolling the castle library ... where I by now probably have a favorite chair and table.[quote]
So do you?

[quote]If the Force wants me to run into them, I will, but no. I just want to hear what people are talking about at the moment, get a better feel for the town, and generally explore a bit. Listen to rumors from the South. Possibly chuckle at whatever people are talking about in reference to what's going on in Winterfell because servants tend to talk.[quote]

D100.

I'll toss a hooded cloak on top of my robes, and possibly armor if that's ready already.

Not yet. And you are distinctive even in your robes.

Arya's closest to his size too, so she'd work best in helping him along with the basics. I'll work with him on sensing things through the force, especially his connections to other living things since he's obviously good at that.

He does reasonably well to start. Works best with living things...

[quote]To make the comparison, Arya could probably bull her way through a wall, Bran could find where moss and plantlife had weakened it the most and exploit that weak spot.[quote]

That's very much them. Arya is the "Apply Direct Force" type... :p

But yeah, working with his strengths and possibly showing off some Animal Friendship ... cue Disney scene with calming a skittish doe before letting it go off again ... and shoring up his weaknesses - Arya is going to take care of that, with her love of tumbling and the freedom the Force gives her in terms of moving around.

He does freaky well with animal friendship.

And yeah, Arya and him do spend a lot of time practicing.

So what now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Oh. So how did you become a Jedi?"

Time to make shit up. Let's see ...

"Part of the Order was rebuilding after a bit of unpleasantness involving Dark Side users and the Jedi doing the rebuilding had had contact with my Clan. Hells, one of them was a Mandalorian. It took some negotiating and a few messages being sent but I was ultimately accepted as her padawan."

... because hey, Mira was made of awesome.

There are several groves close by. He points them out to you.

I'll take a trip to one and see if I can't find some material to make one for myself first. See if it even works the way I think. And see if the groves are similarly aspected to the Godswood.

He nods. "So you think with proper focus a weirwood trainging weapon would be as useful as steel?"

"As well as less obtrusive. Also, if and when they pass their knighthood trials, they'll be instructed in the forging of a force blade," I pat the hilt of mine. "The blade will need a sheath."

So do you?

It's something to do and I'm curious, so yes. After all, gathering knowledge is kind of right there in the Code and all.

D100.

rolling

He does reasonably well to start. Works best with living things...

There are disciplines for that. Once he's far enough along I'll have to see how he takes to using the Force to heal.

[quote]To make the comparison, Arya could probably bull her way through a wall, Bran could find where moss and plantlife had weakened it the most and exploit that weak spot.
[quote]

That's very much them. Arya is the "Apply Direct Force" type... :p

So what now?

Assuming the weirwood experiment works, I'll take another field trip - depending on whether or not there are any objections we can make it a group outing so they each pick out a piece of wood that 'feels' right - to get materials for the students' training weapons.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice Bot Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:19 pm

The member 'Rieverre' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd100' : 24

Dice Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Rieverre wrote:"Part of the Order was rebuilding after a bit of unpleasantness involving Dark Side users and the Jedi doing the rebuilding had had contact with my Clan. Hells, one of them was a Mandalorian. It took some negotiating and a few messages being sent but I was ultimately accepted as her padawan."

... because hey, Mira was made of awesome.

"Her? Your master was a woman?" She looks excited by that. "How old were you?"

I'll take a trip to one and see if I can't find some material to make one for myself first. See if it even works the way I think. And see if the groves are similarly aspected to the Godswood.

You find them easy, and while its not as strong as the Godswood, Weirwoods in general seem to be a strong presence in the force.

"As well as less obtrusive. Also, if and when they pass their knighthood trials, they'll be instructed in the forging of a force blade," I pat the hilt of mine. "The blade will need a sheath."

He nods. "I see. So what are the trials?"

It's something to do and I'm curious, so yes. After all, gathering knowledge is kind of right there in the Code and all.

She seems to mostly be teaching them lessons on how to be good noblewomen. You find them doing needlework. Sansa is doing wonderfully well while Arya looks like she's ready to start slamming her head into the wall.

She looks at you and she scowls. "Hello," she replies a bit forced. "May I help you?"

rolling

Rumors travel and expand. They recognize you due to your distinctive dress. Some say you're a wizard who can throw bolders with his mind. Others that you killed a thousand wildlings at the wall. Others that you're teaching your magics to the stark children. Others all of the above...

You also sense what could be force sensitivity about you. Some people are strong in the force. Though nothing exceptional.

There are disciplines for that. Once he's far enough along I'll have to see how he takes to using the Force to heal.

ok

Assuming the weirwood experiment works, I'll take another field trip - depending on whether or not there are any objections we can make it a group outing so they each pick out a piece of wood that 'feels' right - to get materials for the students' training weapons.

It does. Though head Obi-wan does have a suggestion...

Ask the tree first.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"Her? Your master was a woman?" She looks excited by that. "How old were you?"

"Master Mira came around to get me for training when I was ... thirteen, I think? Somewhere around that. So, in comes this incredibly attractive woman, looking for all the world like she's ready to fight a war, and tells me to pack my things because our grumpy clan head's let her know I'm a Force Sensitive and she's going to train me," I grin. "We had some good times knocking heads toge ... I mean, Master Mira was an excellent teacher and I carry the lessons she taught with me, always."

Yeah, I'm not fooling anyone, least of all Arya, with that.

You find them easy, and while its not as strong as the Godswood, Weirwoods in general seem to be a strong presence in the force.

That's both interesting and potentially dangerous. Here's to hoping, probably in vain, that no Dark Side adepts've gotten to any of these.

He nods. "I see. So what are the trials?"

"Skill, Courage, Flesh, Spirit and Insight. A Jedi Knight must show they have the skill to defend themselves and others using what they've been taught. They must demonstrate they can brave adversity. They must be able to endure hardship. They must confront their own fears and doubts. And finally, they must show the ability to uncover the truth of a given situation."

Skill and courage might happen of their own accord, and insight isn't too difficult to arrange when the time comes - the Starks are the local lawgivers, after all. Some investigation or other should be on hand as required. I have some ideas for flesh, though mostly they'd be survival exercises. And spirit might be tricky, but should be doable too.

That is, unless something happens that lets me just waive them. Hell, I can probably waive insight, courage and flesh for Ned out of hand.

She seems to mostly be teaching them lessons on how to be good noblewomen. You find them doing needlework. Sansa is doing wonderfully well while Arya looks like she's ready to start slamming her head into the wall.

She looks at you and she scowls. "Hello," she replies a bit forced. "May I help you?"

"I was wondering if I might sit in on your lessons for the day," I say pleasantly, unphased by the attitude. "At the risk of stating the obvious, I've traveled from rather far away and I'm not quite familiar with what is considered locally appropriate."

How can I have fun ignoring local custom if I don't quite know what it is?

Rumors travel and expand. They recognize you due to your distinctive dress. Some say you're a wizard who can throw bolders with his mind. Others that you killed a thousand wildlings at the wall. Others that you're teaching your magics to the stark children. Others all of the above...

You also sense what could be force sensitivity about you. Some people are strong in the force. Though nothing exceptional.

Not enough of a sample size to tell whether it's like this throughout the Seven Kingdoms. Then again, just being strong in the force isn't really that unusual. I'd be concerned if I were bumping into a half-dozen more sensitives running around right off the bat.

The rumors are about where I thought they'd be though, and I'm expecting gunslinger syndrome to happen anytime during the coming several months.

It does. Though head Obi-wan does have a suggestion...

Ask the tree first.

I was going to regardless. It seemed like the polite thing to do, given that their presence in the Force might hint at some form of awareness at least.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Boru Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:55 am

Psyckosama wrote:She's not paying attention to you at this moment...

understandable.

"Annah..."

"Lovely name."

She slowly nods. "Yes. Yes! I wanna learn yer magics!"

Smiling I clap my hands and stand up, "Excellent, now to extract yourself from this...establishment.....I'm assuming you got some debts to the owner yes? Or could you just leave if you wished?"

If the former...I might need to see what I actually have on me besides cloak and sword. Because I'd rather do this legitimately before resorting to mind-tricks again or a smash, grab and run routine, though I have no compunctions to doing that if that's what is required.
Brian Boru
Brian Boru

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Psyckosama wrote:I take a deep breath and semi-slouch back against the tree. "Benjen, while I have no desire to sound lazy but I believe an early stop might be in order today. Between demon bears and undead dragons, I believe we've earned some rest."

I think about the Bear. I might want to find a location to dispose of the body... but beyond that... I pat the tree for a moment. It was my pleasure to help.

He nods "I agree. We should stay here with the tree as well. If its strong with the force as you say, then perhaps you might be...able to learn of the force in these lands from it?"

[quote="Psyckosama"]
"This is my son and heir, Robb, and my natural born son, Jon..."

I nod at that and smile at the two boys.

"Greetings young lords. I am Alexander Skywalker."

looking back at Cat "and I thank you for your hospitality in your house my lady."
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:51 am

Rieverre wrote:"Master Mira came around to get me for training when I was ... thirteen, I think? Somewhere around that. So, in comes this incredibly attractive woman, looking for all the world like she's ready to fight a war, and tells me to pack my things because our grumpy clan head's let her know I'm a Force Sensitive and she's going to train me," I grin. "We had some good times knocking heads toge ... I mean, Master Mira was an excellent teacher and I carry the lessons she taught with me, always."

Yeah, I'm not fooling anyone, least of all Arya, with that.

She laughs. "So, you had a crush on your master? So what was she like as a teacher?"

That's both interesting and potentially dangerous. Here's to hoping, probably in vain, that no Dark Side adepts've gotten to any of these.

They're strong in the Light Side.

"Skill, Courage, Flesh, Spirit and Insight. A Jedi Knight must show they have the skill to defend themselves and others using what they've been taught. They must demonstrate they can brave adversity. They must be able to endure hardship. They must confront their own fears and doubts. And finally, they must show the ability to uncover the truth of a given situation."

He nods in quiet approval. "What sort of trials do they normally face?"

Skill and courage might happen of their own accord, and insight isn't too difficult to arrange when the time comes - the Starks are the local lawgivers, after all. Some investigation or other should be on hand as required. I have some ideas for flesh, though mostly they'd be survival exercises. And spirit might be tricky, but should be doable too.

Flesh, sadly enough, often happens on its own accord all too often...

Or failing that you can tell them to meditate in the snow in their underpants while you beat them with sticks and throw rocks at them...

For the love of the force...

That is, unless something happens that lets me just waive them. Hell, I can probably waive insight, courage and flesh for Ned out of hand.

Likely a good idea, but still worth keeping an eye on him just to see the fine details. But by the time he's ready for knighthood you'll have a read on him anyways.

"I was wondering if I might sit in on your lessons for the day," I say pleasantly, unphased by the attitude. "At the risk of stating the obvious, I've traveled from rather far away and I'm not quite familiar with what is considered locally appropriate."

How can I have fun ignoring local custom if I don't quite know what it is?

She pauses for a moment and nods. "Do not interrupt."

I'm not going over the details but its all about pose, grace, and womanly skills. Sansa laps it up, Arya looks like she's... well... a part of you is wondering if this doesn't count as a test of Spirit for the poor girl. :p

Not enough of a sample size to tell whether it's like this throughout the Seven Kingdoms. Then again, just being strong in the force isn't really that unusual. I'd be concerned if I were bumping into a half-dozen more sensitives running around right off the bat.

Some of them may very well be. It's hard to sniff out sensitives in a crowd.

The rumors are about where I thought they'd be though, and I'm expecting gunslinger syndrome to happen anytime during the coming several months.

Anything else you do? Besides wander?

I was going to regardless. It seemed like the polite thing to do, given that their presence in the Force might hint at some form of awareness at least.

So how do you do this?

Brian Boru wrote:"Lovely name."

She smiles.

Holy shit, she still has her teeth...

Smiling I clap my hands and stand up, "Excellent, now to extract yourself from this...establishment.....I'm assuming you got some debts to the owner yes?  Or could you just leave if you wished?"

If the former...I might need to see what I actually have on me besides cloak and sword.  Because I'd rather do this legitimately before resorting to mind-tricks again or a smash, grab and run routine, though I have no compunctions to doing that if that's what is required.

"I got a little coin saved away m'lord..."

GundamChief wrote:He nods "I agree. We should stay here with the tree as well. If its strong with the force as you say, then perhaps you might be...able to learn of the force in these lands from it?"

"A small amount of time to rest, deal with these bones, and meditate. A touch with the Dark Side is always trying. Maybe begin your instruction if you're so interested... I believe the Wall could use a Jedi..."

if he asks my reasoning. "I believe so for two main reasons. First, the Wildlings are simply men. Perhaps with a Jedi could negotiate a peace between them and the Nights Watch.... it might be necessary because I sense a great evil far to the North of the wall. Something ancient..."

Assuming he does or doesn't, we can handle the training as its own scene while moving the plot along.

Psyckosama wrote:I nod at that and smile at the two boys.

"Greetings young lords. I am Alexander Skywalker."

The both greet you.

Robb gives you a look. "You can really do magic?"

looking back at Cat "and I thank you for your hospitality in your house my lady."
[/quote]

She nods to you. "Ser... Jedi."

So what now?

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:57 am

Psyckosama wrote:She laughs. "So, you had a crush on your master? So what was she like as a teacher?"

I snicker. "Please, _everybody_ had a crush on my master. As a teacher tho ... I think you'd have liked her. She was big on learning by doing and tended to move around a lot. Between going back to the central Praxeum to get introduced to the Order, and then to take my Knighthood trials we only visited a handful of times. It worked for me, but then I was a fairly unorthodox student to begin with. Part of my wanderlust I'm blaming on her. Still, for all that she almost took an arsenal along wherever we went and was remarkably pragmatic, she respected life a great deal. Even back before she became part of the order, she'd garnered more than a bit of a reputation for bringing her bounties in alive regularly."

They're strong in the Light Side.

We already know the Dark Side can be a corrupting, insidious influence when leveraged right. I could think of any number of things, off hand, that a Dark Side adept might try to mess with these.

He nods in quiet approval. "What sort of trials do they normally face?"

"Skill and Spirit are the most straightforward ones, really. For the former, a demonstration of martial or Force prowess. For the latter, deep meditation under the supervision of a Master, where you deliberately seek out the Darkness inside you and confront it. Flesh ... well, that's usually the one you either run awry of in the field or just outright hate - the essence being, can you suffer personal hardship and keep going, but a lot of the time the hardship consists of suffering injury in combat. When formalized, I imagine I'd just drop a student on a mountain with minimal supplies and tell them to make it back to civilization. My own was ... well, I have a reasonably nasty scar across my chest and side from when my own Master and I intervened in a ship being boarded by pirates. Courage is the most potentially dangerous one, really. Standing up for what you know is right against potentially overwhelming odds is distressingly common for Jedi, but it's mostly about making a difficult choice and going with what's right instead of with what's easy. There really isn't any way to formalize it, but from what I'm able to tell I can give you a bye on it, at least."

"As for Insight, well, the Starks have been lords here for a long time, yes? You have to mediate in disputes and make sure you see the truth of things before you make a decision. That's the test of insight in a nutshell. Applying your knowledge and skill to see the truth of things."

Flesh, sadly enough, often happens on its own accord all too often...

Or failing that you can tell them to meditate in the snow in their underpants while you beat them with sticks and throw rocks at them...

For the love of the force...

It's kinder than being called Skywalker and having your hand cut off.

Likely a good idea, but still worth keeping an eye on him just to see the fine details. But by the time he's ready for knighthood you'll have a read on him anyways.

I will. I can just sit in on any judgments he makes - the main hall of Winterfell isn't exactly difficult to get into, not that it's one that even gets locked. Ned seems like the kind or ruler who takes care of the smallfolk's concerns and might actually take some personally.

I'm not going over the details but its all about pose, grace, and womanly skills. Sansa laps it up, Arya looks like she's... well... a part of you is wondering if this doesn't count as a test of Spirit for the poor girl. :p

I don't interrupt. In fact, I pay a lot of attention.

After the lesson, I speak with Arya and tell her that while I see why she would be disinclined to think of that as her life, it would likely still be beneficial to learn. Consider it a tool as much as anything else. I'm not saying to like it, but it could be useful in the future. If she should ever find herself at court, having the option to hide behind a mask like that could be very valuable.

I look from one side to another then motion her to follow me to somewhere we won't be overheard.

"Now, if you ever meet another Jedi, they'll likely consider what I'm about to say as dangerous, but my master believed it, I believe it, and certain texts on troop movements and military actions seem to swear by it, so listen up. You can view many situations through the prism of warfare, and many of the same adages can apply to them. Divide and conquer, for example. Or always being audacious. Court and formal occasions certainly have the potential of being just as serious. And this is the important part - all warfare is based on deception. Consider it suffering through something you'd rather avoid, if you must, but don't discount these lessons and their value as a tool."

I pause, cough in embarrassment ...

"Also, needlework is really a gift that keeps on giving. Just wait until you're far from any civilization, it's wet, cold, and your robes've been torn or cut up in places. There's good and valid reason why Jedi, most mercenaries and soldiers, and anyone wanting to do any significant travel without a servant retinue packs needle and thread."

Anything else you do? Besides wander?

Ask about what's going on in the South? Winterfell and the township are major information thoroughfares in the North after all, and I want to see if I can't find out when exactly I am.

So how do you do this?

Via the answer to all of life's problems (for a Jedi). Centering myself, meditation, and communing with the Living Force. In particular, images of my students wielding and channeling the Force through weirwood in their training, and showing that this would motivate them to protect the groves.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:32 am

Rieverre wrote:I snicker. "Please, _everybody_ had a crush on my master.

You suddenly get an image of the woman... think a more physically fit Catlyn Stark with deeper red hair and an half made grin... clad in her abbreviated "Mandolorian" style clothes with an over-robe that manages to look more like a badass long coat than a jedi robe, holding one of those force swords and a crossbow looking like Death and Sex all in one package...

Do you have to plant images in the boy's head...

Just helping... heh.

[/quote]
As a teacher tho ... I think you'd have liked her. She was big on learning by doing and tended to move around a lot. Between going back to the central Praxeum to get introduced to the Order, and then to take my Knighthood trials we only visited a handful of times. It worked for me, but then I was a fairly unorthodox student to begin with. Part of my wanderlust I'm blaming on her. Still, for all that she almost took an arsenal along wherever we went and was remarkably pragmatic, she respected life a great deal. Even back before she became part of the order, she'd garnered more than a bit of a reputation for bringing her bounties in alive regularly."[/quote]

"She was a bounty hunter?" she looks confused.

We already know the Dark Side can be a corrupting, insidious influence when leveraged right. I could think of any number of things, off hand, that a Dark Side adept might try to mess with these.

True. But its hard to corrupt something thats literally rooted in the light side of the force.

"Skill and Spirit are the most straightforward ones, really. For the former, a demonstration of martial or Force prowess. For the latter, deep meditation under the supervision of a Master, where you deliberately seek out the Darkness inside you and confront it. Flesh ... well, that's usually the one you either run awry of in the field or just outright hate - the essence being, can you suffer personal hardship and keep going, but a lot of the time the hardship consists of suffering injury in combat. When formalized, I imagine I'd just drop a student on a mountain with minimal supplies and tell them to make it back to civilization. My own was ... well, I have a reasonably nasty scar across my chest and side from when my own Master and I intervened in a ship being boarded by pirates. Courage is the most potentially dangerous one, really. Standing up for what you know is right against potentially overwhelming odds is distressingly common for Jedi, but it's mostly about making a difficult choice and going with what's right instead of with what's easy. There really isn't any way to formalize it, but from what I'm able to tell I can give you a bye on it, at least."

"As for Insight, well, the Starks have been lords here for a long time, yes? You have to mediate in disputes and make sure you see the truth of things before you make a decision. That's the test of insight in a nutshell. Applying your knowledge and skill to see the truth of things."

He simply nods.

It's kinder than being called Skywalker and having your hand cut off.

Or your legs. Or being left to burn on a lava flow...

Shut up. Both of you.

I will. I can just sit in on any judgments he makes - the main hall of Winterfell isn't exactly difficult to get into, not that it's one that even gets locked. Ned seems like the kind or ruler who takes care of the smallfolk's concerns and might actually take some personally.

Aye...

I don't interrupt. In fact, I pay a lot of attention.

Okay.

After the lesson, I speak with Arya and tell her that while I see why she would be disinclined to think of that as her life, it would likely still be beneficial to learn. Consider it a tool as much as anything else. I'm not saying to like it, but it could be useful in the future. If she should ever find herself at court, having the option to hide behind a mask like that could be very valuable.

"Ugh! You too?" She grimaces.

I look from one side to another then motion her to follow me to somewhere we won't be overheard.

"Now, if you ever meet another Jedi, they'll likely consider what I'm about to say as dangerous, but my master believed it, I believe it, and certain texts on troop movements and military actions seem to swear by it, so listen up. You can view many situations through the prism of warfare, and many of the same adages can apply to them. Divide and conquer, for example. Or always being audacious. Court and formal occasions certainly have the potential of being just as serious. And this is the important part - all warfare is based on deception. Consider it suffering through something you'd rather avoid, if you must, but don't discount these lessons and their value as a tool."

She sighs. "Fine. I'll try but I'm not going to like it."

I pause, cough in embarrassment ...

"Also, needlework is really a gift that keeps on giving. Just wait until you're far from any civilization, it's wet, cold, and your robes've been torn or cut up in places. There's good and valid reason why Jedi, most mercenaries and soldiers, and anyone wanting to do any significant travel without a servant retinue packs needle and thread."

"I get it... but do I really need to learn how to crochet lace?"

Ask about what's going on in the South? Winterfell and the township are major information thoroughfares in the North after all, and I want to see if I can't find out when exactly I am.

Robert's the king. Cersei's the queen. The Lord of Bear Island was recently found to be trading in slaves and fled to Essos...

Via the answer to all of life's problems (for a Jedi). Centering myself, meditation, and communing with the Living Force. In particular, images of my students wielding and channeling the Force through weirwood in their training, and showing that this would motivate them to protect the groves.

Well, you feel that one of the trees will allow it, you almost think you saw a branch move even.

And you go get another visitor when meditating. "So, you're the one teaching magic to the Starks and the bastard."

It's young Theon Greyjoy... and the little fuck seems to be force sensitive.

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:58 am

Psyckosama wrote:You suddenly get an image of the woman... think a more physically fit Catlyn Stark with deeper red hair and an half made grin... clad in her abbreviated "Mandolorian" style clothes with an over-robe that manages to look more like a badass long coat than a jedi robe, holding one of those force swords and a crossbow looking like Death and Sex all in one package...

Do you have to plant images in the boy's head...

Just helping... heh.

Yum. And I don't even like redheads.

"She was a bounty hunter?" she looks confused.

"Before she was a Jedi, yes. She was an adult when her master found her, already making her way in the world in one of the worst hives of scum and villainy you could ask for. Some claim this made her less of a real Jedi, I say it gave her more perspective."

"Ugh! You too?" She grimaces.

"Diplomacy is the art of compromise. Compromise is finding a solution people agree with, but nobody really actually likes."

She sighs. "Fine. I'll try but I'm not going to like it."

"Not asking you to like it."

"I get it... but do I really need to learn how to crochet lace?"

Mhhhhm, lace ...

... anyway.

"Yes, it is of vital importance," I can't really keep a straight face after saying that. "But really, learn what you can. You've the opportunity. It might be useful later."

Robert's the king. Cersei's the queen. The Lord of Bear Island was recently found to be trading in slaves and fled to Essos...

Huh. Vague but useful. I ask around if anyone's heard of what's going on with House Sarwyck.

Well, you feel that one of the trees will allow it, you almost think you saw a branch move even.

And you go get another visitor when meditating. "So, you're the one teaching magic to the Starks and the bastard."

It's young Theon Greyjoy... and the little fuck seems to be force sensitive.

"Hardly magic," I say, looking to locate the branch. I keep in touch with the tree and consult it on what I can safely harvest without causing it undue detriment. "It's more a state of mind than anything. The bit where they'll be able to throw boulders with their mind and tell if people are lying to them is tangential."

... yes, I'm kind of trolling.
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:06 am

Rieverre wrote:Yum. And I don't even like redheads.

But on the otherhand you don't think you'll be able to look at Lady cat again without recalling that image...

"Before she was a Jedi, yes. She was an adult when her master found her, already making her way in the world in one of the worst hives of scum and villainy you could ask for. Some claim this made her less of a real Jedi, I say it gave her more perspective."

Feral grin. "I like her already."

"Diplomacy is the art of compromise. Compromise is finding a solution people agree with, but nobody really actually likes."

"Ugh..."

"Not asking you to like it."

Ugh...!

Mhhhhm, lace ...

... anyway.

"Yes, it is of vital importance," I can't really keep a straight face after saying that. "But really, learn what you can. You've the opportunity. It might be useful later."

UGH!!!! Half groan. Half whimper.

Huh. Vague but useful. I ask around if anyone's heard of what's going on with House Sarwyck.

Not in fine detail. The lord's getting old, his son is in Essos, his daughter is helping the best she can, and his bastard is... a bastard.

"Hardly magic," I say, looking to locate the branch. I keep in touch with the tree and consult it on what I can safely harvest without causing it undue detriment. "It's more a state of mind than anything. The bit where they'll be able to throw boulders with their mind and tell if people are lying to them is tangential."

... yes, I'm kind of trolling.

The branch is in front of you... and these events didn't happen at eactly the same time. Sorry about the mix up.

You can take the branch, just heal the wound with the force.

And he blinks when you said that. "Sounds like one hell of a state of mind. You only teaching the greenlanders or can anyone learn?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:34 am

Psyckosama wrote:But on the otherhand you don't think you'll be able to look at Lady cat again without recalling that image...

Not enough weapons or armor.

UGH!!!! Half groan. Half whimper.

She's already taken to meditation in order to help deal with it. That, and she can treat it as an exercise. Endure, and in enduring, grow strong.

Not in fine detail. The lord's getting old, his son is in Essos, his daughter is helping the best she can, and his bastard is... a bastard.

Allowing for travel time of news, that might mean Robert's not yet been honey-trapped by a Targ bastard daughter. If I didn't have the students to look out for, I'd head for the Landing about now. Sadly, not an option.

The branch is in front of you... and these events didn't happen at eactly the same time. Sorry about the mix up.

You can take the branch, just heal the wound with the force.

I'll go ahead and do that. Move to further groves for more materiel if needed.

And he blinks when you said that. "Sounds like one hell of a state of mind. You only teaching the greenlanders or can anyone learn?"

"Anyone of the aptitude. Of which you appear to have some. But I also feel a considerable amount of envy and resentment, things you would have to take a step back from in order to truly learn."
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"A small amount of time to rest, deal with these bones, and meditate. A touch with the Dark Side is always trying. Maybe begin your instruction if you're so interested... I believe the Wall could use a Jedi..."

if he asks my reasoning. "I believe so for two main reasons. First, the Wildlings are simply men. Perhaps with a Jedi could negotiate a peace between them and the Nights Watch.... it might be necessary because I sense a great evil far to the North of the wall. Something ancient..."

Assuming he does or doesn't, we can handle the training as its own scene while moving the plot along.

He basically says that it's not up to him to decide on whether or not to negotiate with the wildlings. Even if they did, they are a people that are brutal, primitive, and with their own agenda.

So you basically give him some education regarding the Jedi, but little else at the moment as you were preoccupied with the corpses.

The next day, the two of you make for Winterfell.

Roll 3D100

Psyckosama wrote:The both greet you.

Robb gives you a look. "You can really do magic?"

She nods to you. "Ser... Jedi."

So what now?

I give a wry grin at the boys "Not in the way you may imagine. I can demonstrate if Your father and Mother allow it, seeing how I'm known now."
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:52 pm

GundamChief wrote:He basically says that it's not up to him to decide on whether or not to negotiate with the wildlings. Even if they did, they are a people that are brutal, primitive, and with their own agenda.

"I could say the same about Westeros," I reply calmly, "How much do you really know about them? Have you had actual contact and transfer of ideas or is it just hearsay? It's something to consider."

So you basically give him some education regarding the Jedi, but little else at the moment as you were preoccupied with the corpses.

Basically I set him to meditating on the force and help get him started with the code while I find a nice near by cave to dump the bodies...

Then I share a thought with the tree.

Would it mind if I build a school here one day?

The next day, the two of you make for Winterfell.

Roll 3D100

Psyckosama carried out 3 launched of one d100 :
19 , 49 , 18

I give a wry grin at the boys "Not in the way you may imagine. I can demonstrate if Your father and Mother allow it, seeing how I'm known now."

Cat frowns slightly. "I'd like to see this 'magic' myself..."

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyckosama Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Rieverre wrote:Not enough weapons or armor.

But the resemblance is uncanny...

She's already taken to meditation in order to help deal with it. That, and she can treat it as an exercise. Endure, and in enduring, grow strong.

Can't she endure something less painful? Like a whipping? :p

Allowing for travel time of news, that might mean Robert's not yet been honey-trapped by a Targ bastard daughter. If I didn't have the students to look out for, I'd head for the Landing about now. Sadly, not an option.

Yeah.

I'll go ahead and do that. Move to further groves for more materiel if needed.

Its no issue.

"Anyone of the aptitude. Of which you appear to have some. But I also feel a considerable amount of envy and resentment, things you would have to take a step back from in order to truly learn."

He frowns and crosses his arms. "What the hell do you mean by that? What do I have to envy? I'm the heir to the Iron Islands? Who would I have to resent?"

Psyckosama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GundamChief Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Psyckosama wrote:"I could say the same about Westeros," I reply calmly, "How much do you really know about them? Have you had actual contact and transfer of ideas or is it just hearsay? It's something to consider."

He points out that he knows more about them then you do since you are a stranger to these lands, and that he's seen first hand what they do to any envoys that talk to them. They usually find what's left either nailed to a tree, or in the belly of some beast. If they wanted peace, they would have been receptive to it long ago.

Then I share a thought with the tree.

Would it mind if I build a school here one day?

You get the impression it doesn't mind one way or the other.

As you travel to Witnerfell, you face down a single problem, and it was more to do with the mud and terrain than any person. You get through it without a problem though.

Eventually you reach the misty fields of Winterfell. The architecture of the city itself reminds you a bit of Naboo, if it were more medieval.

Cat frowns slightly. "I'd like to see this 'magic' myself..."

"Very well"

Since I was invited to eat, I find my place and use the force to basically pick up plates of food to my location, use the force to cut parts of meat and so on off, scoop portions of vegi's and potatoes and so on, and pour some wine into my goblet, before setting them all back into their place.

Going for a very Harry Potter like feel with my actions.
GundamChief
GundamChief

Back to top Go down

Post by Rieverre Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:13 am

Psyckosama wrote:But the resemblance is uncanny...

She already has one too many obsessed stalkers.

Can't she endure something less painful? Like a whipping? :p

"Console yourself with the fact that one day you may have students of your own and will get the chance to kick this forward."

Its no issue.

Cool. After getting back I'll go ahead and pick up some whittling and woodworking tools. Then get on with making a test bokken for myself first. Preferably while meditating and 'listening to the wood'.

He frowns and crosses his arms. "What the hell do you mean by that? What do I have to envy? I'm the heir to the Iron Islands? Who would I have to resent?"

"You fear being replaced. You resent the necessity of being sent away. You envy those being able to grow up around their birthright," I answer in a matter of-fact, completely deapan tone. "Shall I go on?"
Rieverre
Rieverre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next